Page 200 of 255 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210250 ... LastLast
Results 4,976 to 5,000 of 6353

Thread: PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

  1. #4976
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KumaPanda View Post
    If Ash and Misty were to ever get into a relationship (as in, when they're older, like 14 or 15 years old), how would you see their relation together? Would it still be Misty being the one initiating things?
    I'd like to believe they're 16 now. Just cause they look older. Anyways, I would think that yes, Misty would do the work. Like, if they did end up together at first they wouldn't be all mushy and still act the same...until someone brings it up. Misty would probably hold Ash's hand or something and he would awkwardly hold her hand walking with her, kind of sweating because he's new to love xD.
    What scene would you propose to happening?
    Crazy Shipper|Misty, May, and Drew|Anime Fangirl


  2. #4977
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KumaPanda View Post
    If Ash and Misty were to ever get into a relationship (as in, when they're older, like 14 or 15 years old), how would you see their relation together? Would it still be Misty being the one initiating things?
    I'm sure Misty would be proactive like she was in OS. I just think she'd be the one who would "wear the pants" if you get what I mean. Not that Ash is always submissive, just that Misty seems to be the one who usually gets things moving. I'm sure Ash would have more confidence in romance when he's older, but I think Misty would stay relatively the same and be dynamic overall. I'd honestly like to see them bicker as adults lol.

  3. #4978

    Default

    I imagine that Misty started liking Ash very early during their journey together. I think that Misty started liking Ash around the 1st few episodes. Misty followed him because he ruined her bike, but I also think that she was intrigued by him. She then decided to follow him through the bug forest. They also started arguing soon after they met each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

  4. #4979
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn+Serena Fan View Post
    I imagine that Misty started liking Ash very early during their journey together. I think that Misty started liking Ash around the 1st few episodes. Misty followed him because he ruined her bike, but I also think that she was intrigued by him. She then decided to follow him through the bug forest. They also started arguing soon after they met each other.
    That's basically how I feel. To me it seemed like she used her wrecked bike as an excuse to follow after Ash. The fact that she put herself in uncomfortable situations while following him proves that she started liking him early on in OS imo. Also, I loved how Ash would occasionally ask her why she was following him. He said it so moodily, but I like to think that he was flattered at the same time. :P

  5. #4980
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    That's basically how I feel. To me it seemed like she used her wrecked bike as an excuse to follow after Ash. The fact that she put herself in uncomfortable situations while following him proves that she started liking him early on in OS imo. Also, I loved how Ash would occasionally ask her why she was following him. He said it so moodily, but I like to think that he was flattered at the same time. :P
    I just love how obvious she made it in the third episode. It was pretty cute the way she was staring and thinking about Ash. Reflects infatuation, and something that was really rare in the anime until now
    Crazy Shipper|Misty, May, and Drew|Anime Fangirl


  6. #4981
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokeshipper9000 View Post
    I just love how obvious she made it in the third episode. It was pretty cute the way she was staring and thinking about Ash. Reflects infatuation, and something that was really rare in the anime until now
    I also liked how in the fifth episode she offered to lend Ash one of her Water Pokemon to battle Brock. Ash refused of course, but I loved that she offered to help him at least. She really seemed to care about him early on and she wanted to do anything that she could for Ash, but Ash was usually stubborn and they usually ended up at each other's throats.

  7. #4982
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    I also liked how in the fifth episode she offered to lend Ash one of her Water Pokemon to battle Brock. Ash refused of course, but I loved that she offered to help him at least. She really seemed to care about him early on and she wanted to do anything that she could for Ash, but Ash was usually stubborn and they usually ended up at each other's throats.
    Although the first season wasn't as shippy as orange islands, I will still love the interactions back in kanto. They had a lot of chemistry there too. I love how she was trying to help him and he was being so stubborn xD I guess he didn't want help because he's too cool haha. The first episodes were really shippy
    Crazy Shipper|Misty, May, and Drew|Anime Fangirl


  8. #4983
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The Enchanted Forest
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    I got a question - what would have OS been like if there were no Brock or Tracey to accompany Ash and Misty? I think without the third wheel, Ash and Misty would be more inclined to admit their feelings for each other.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

  9. #4984
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu Fan Number Nine View Post
    I got a question - what would have OS been like if there were no Brock or Tracey to accompany Ash and Misty? I think without the third wheel, Ash and Misty would be more inclined to admit their feelings for each other.
    OS would've been a lot more romantic without a third character in the cast in my opinion. I mean just the idea of Ash and Misty traveling alone together for an extended period of time makes me hyperventilate lol. I always wanted them to travel alone like that because I'm certain that there would've been tons of PokeShipping hints in every episode in that scenario.

  10. #4985
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    2,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu Fan Number Nine View Post
    I got a question - what would have OS been like if there were no Brock or Tracey to accompany Ash and Misty? I think without the third wheel, Ash and Misty would be more inclined to admit their feelings for each other.
    In my opinion, they should've done the Orange Islands with just the two of them. Tracey was unnecessary. He had a few moments here and there and was "likable" I suppose, but he didn't really add to the group dynamic. He didn't cook nor was he that knowledgable on Pokemon like Brock was. He was just there. Just having it as Ash and Misty would've made things interesting to say the least. I think it would've made Orange Islands quite distinct and even more memorable.

  11. #4986
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by munchlaxboy View Post
    In my opinion, they should've done the Orange Islands with just the two of them. Tracey was unnecessary. He had a few moments here and there and was "likable" I suppose, but he didn't really add to the group dynamic. He didn't cook nor was he that knowledgable on Pokemon like Brock was. He was just there. Just having it as Ash and Misty would've made things interesting to say the least. I think it would've made Orange Islands quite distinct and even more memorable.
    I completely agree, especially since the Orange Islands arc was basically PokeShipping central already. It would've been a lot more fulfilling if Ash and Misty had been completely alone though. I think their interactions in general were more than enough to carry that arc by themselves and as much as I like Tracey, he wasn't necessary and just felt in the way most of the time imo.

  12. #4987
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    I completely agree, especially since the Orange Islands arc was basically PokeShipping central already. It would've been a lot more fulfilling if Ash and Misty had been completely alone though. I think their interactions in general were more than enough to carry that arc by themselves and as much as I like Tracey, he wasn't necessary and just felt in the way most of the time imo.
    Remember the first few episodes of Pokemon? And the first episode of Ash and Misty traveling alone. That was interesting. I didn't see a reason for Tracey to be there. But, Tracey was one of my likable characters so I wouldn't want him not to be part of it.
    Crazy Shipper|Misty, May, and Drew|Anime Fangirl


  13. #4988
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokeshipper9000 View Post
    Remember the first few episodes of Pokemon? And the first episode of Ash and Misty traveling alone. That was interesting. I didn't see a reason for Tracey to be there. But, Tracey was one of my likable characters so I wouldn't want him not to be part of it.
    I wish the writers had kept Ash and Misty alone together in the Kanto saga. I mean seeing them travel for just a couple of episodes alone at the start of OS was really great and I would've loved to see more of it. Anyway, I saw The Ghost of Maiden's Peak a few weeks ago and I really loved how speechless Ash was when he saw Misty in her kimono. It was one of those cute moments when Ash seemed stunned by Misty's prettiness. :P

  14. #4989
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    2,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    I wish the writers had kept Ash and Misty alone together in the Kanto saga. I mean seeing them travel for just a couple of episodes alone at the start of OS was really great and I would've loved to see more of it. Anyway, I saw The Ghost of Maiden's Peak a few weeks ago and I really loved how speechless Ash was when he saw Misty in her kimono. It was one of those cute moments when Ash seemed stunned by Misty's prettiness. :P
    I think that would've been pushing it. Brock was an awesome member of the group back then and contributed greatly to the overall group dynamic. He was a mentor and a caretaker, and a bit of a goofball at the same time. Just Ash and Misty for 80 episodes would've grown a bit stale. Orange Islands would've been perfect, as they had already been friends and known each for a while, and it was only for 30 or so episodes.

    By the way, 5000 posts in this thread now! Woo! PokeShipping forever!

  15. #4990
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by munchlaxboy View Post
    I think that would've been pushing it. Brock was an awesome member of the group back then and contributed greatly to the overall group dynamic. He was a mentor and a caretaker, and a bit of a goofball at the same time. Just Ash and Misty for 80 episodes would've grown a bit stale. Orange Islands would've been perfect, as they had already been friends and known each for a while, and it was only for 30 or so episodes.

    By the way, 5000 posts in this thread now! Woo! PokeShipping forever!
    I really enjoyed Ash and Misty's interactions together, so I wouldn't have minded seeing them alone for 80 episodes. They could've taken care of themselves and everything, and while it might've been awkward to see them traveling together at first, I'm sure people would've gotten used to seeing a male character and a female character together. Alas, all we got was a glimpse of that at the start of OS and a few random episodes afterwards. For the rest of the saga, Ash and Misty barely got any alone time. :c

  16. #4991
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    I really enjoyed Ash and Misty's interactions together, so I wouldn't have minded seeing them alone for 80 episodes. They could've taken care of themselves and everything, and while it might've been awkward to see them traveling together at first, I'm sure people would've gotten used to seeing a male character and a female character together. Alas, all we got was a glimpse of that at the start of OS and a few random episodes afterwards. For the rest of the saga, Ash and Misty barely got any alone time. :c
    I just hated how in Johto their interaction towards the fourth season just does down, sure there was more episodes but there was some where they barley interacted. They should have had more interaction the least season considering the fact that it was her good bye season..
    Crazy Shipper|Misty, May, and Drew|Anime Fangirl


  17. #4992
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Atlantic
    Posts
    871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by munchlaxboy View Post
    In my opinion, they should've done the Orange Islands with just the two of them. Tracey was unnecessary. He had a few moments here and there and was "likable" I suppose, but he didn't really add to the group dynamic. He didn't cook nor was he that knowledgable on Pokemon like Brock was. He was just there. Just having it as Ash and Misty would've made things interesting to say the least. I think it would've made Orange Islands quite distinct and even more memorable.
    That's interesting, because The Orange Islands arguably had the most Pokeshipping hints in any series, and Tracey had a lot to do with those hints. Tracey might not have been useful in a practical way (cooking, cleaning, etc) but as a main character added more to Pokeshipping than lets say, May or Dawn did. I get what you're saying, having Ash and Misty travel alone does sound appealing. At times, though, there needs to be that third person commenting on a situation what ordinarily wouldn't have been said in a natural one-one-one setting. For example, the episode "Wherefore Art There Pokemon?" Misty makes the claim that the trainers who own the Nidorians are actually in love with each other, despite their feud and constant fighting. Tracey says something like: "You know what? It's the exact same thing with you and Ash!" Ash and Misty subsequently deny it together and hilariously blow up in his face. Would that hint happened without Tracey? Maybe. Would the hint happen with just Ash and Misty? People can decide for themselves.

    What I'm getting at is, sometimes other people are necessary for developing a relationship. And Tracey definitely developed Pokeshipping more.
    " r u n y o u c l e v e r b o y . . . a n d r e m e m b e r. "

  18. #4993
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokeshipper9000 View Post
    I just hated how in Johto their interaction towards the fourth season just does down, sure there was more episodes but there was some where they barley interacted. They should have had more interaction the least season considering the fact that it was her good bye season..
    Season four in general is where I lost interest in the anime. I literally stopped watching after the Whitney episodes and I returned for the fifth season which luckily included the Whirl Cup tournament which was a nice way to breathe new life into PokeShipping in my opinion. I liked that Ash and Misty showed their competitive sides to each other and even though romantic hints were kept to a minimum, I was simply glad that they were interacting again.

  19. #4994
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    2,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adrenaline View Post
    That's interesting, because The Orange Islands arguably had the most Pokeshipping hints in any series, and Tracey had a lot to do with those hints. Tracey might not have been useful in a practical way (cooking, cleaning, etc) but as a main character added more to Pokeshipping than lets say, May or Dawn did. I get what you're saying, having Ash and Misty travel alone does sound appealing. At times, though, there needs to be that third person commenting on a situation what ordinarily wouldn't have been said in a natural one-one-one setting. For example, the episode "Wherefore Art There Pokemon?" Misty makes the claim that the trainers who own the Nidorians are actually in love with each other, despite their feud and constant fighting. Tracey says something like: "You know what? It's the exact same thing with you and Ash!" Ash and Misty subsequently deny it together and hilariously blow up in his face. Would that hint happened without Tracey? Maybe. Would the hint happen with just Ash and Misty? People can decide for themselves.

    What I'm getting at is, sometimes other people are necessary for developing a relationship. And Tracey definitely developed Pokeshipping more.
    But that's kind of my point here. Orange Islands had the most PokeShipping (or any shipping for that matter) of any saga. Tracey may have helped it along here or there, but his hinderances of just being there brought the group down. The whole Ash/Misty thing could've lived and thrived for 30 episodes, because that's all the Orange Islands really was haha. When it's just two people together all the time, you get to know each other better. I'm sure at times they would've gotten sick of each other and fought, but there would be other times where they could learn from and better understand each other.

    The whole "two-person traveling group" has never been tested in Pokemon, albeit for a few episodes here and there. I think it would have really spiced things up, and the more compact group dynamic could have been fantastic for developing the characters even more.

  20. #4995
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    Season four in general is where I lost interest in the anime. I literally stopped watching after the Whitney episodes and I returned for the fifth season which luckily included the Whirl Cup tournament which was a nice way to breathe new life into PokeShipping in my opinion. I liked that Ash and Misty showed their competitive sides to each other and even though romantic hints were kept to a minimum, I was simply glad that they were interacting again.
    My interest was lost in the anime when it came to the last few episodes of battle frontier. I didn't like DP as much. I think maybe the Ash and Misty interaction died out in season 4. It had its ups in downs in season 5, but where it stopped was season 4. Never knew why
    Crazy Shipper|Misty, May, and Drew|Anime Fangirl


  21. #4996
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokeshipper9000 View Post
    My interest was lost in the anime when it came to the last few episodes of battle frontier. I didn't like DP as much. I think maybe the Ash and Misty interaction died out in season 4. It had its ups in downs in season 5, but where it stopped was season 4. Never knew why
    Me too! and I agree with you, it's like you're reading my mind lol

  22. #4997
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,937

    Default

    It's kind of strange how the anime went from the Orange Islands arc, which was full of PokeShipping hints, to Johto where almost nothing between Ash and Misty happened. I don't mean to insult him or anything, but it seemed like Brock was the problem. Once he came back, Ash and Misty just didn't get to interact as much as they did before. It was frustrating because at the same time I was glad that Brock had come back, but his return hurt PokeShipping in my opinion.

  23. #4998
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    15

    Default

    It's kind of strange how the anime went from the Orange Islands arc, which was full of PokeShipping hints, to Johto where almost nothing between Ash and Misty happened. I don't mean to insult him or anything, but it seemed like Brock was the problem. Once he came back, Ash and Misty just didn't get to interact as much as they did before. It was frustrating because at the same time I was glad that Brock had come back, but his return hurt PokeShipping in my opinion.
    i wouldent say brock him self hurt pokeshippig the producers probly just didnt focus on it that much , but u did get those huge hints from Ashe and Misty in got to catch ya later

  24. #4999
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Croatia.
    Posts
    2,169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokeshipper9000 View Post
    My interest was lost in the anime when it came to the last few episodes of battle frontier. I didn't like DP as much. I think maybe the Ash and Misty interaction died out in season 4. It had its ups in downs in season 5, but where it stopped was season 4. Never knew why
    Actually Misty and Ash interacted quite alot in Master Quest compared to earlier Johto season. I remember competitions like Whirl Cup reviving their competitive fire and passion for battling squabbling and bragging to themsekves of who is going to be winner. Followed with lot of respect and admiration revealing how much they evolved as friends since early days.

    There were several episodes where Misty scolded Ash or revived their arguing for missing boast for one of islands, when they got lot in forest or when Ash joked about being stubborn like Snubull or Larvitar shying from her causing to get irked and cranky. Or with Misty teasing Ash about his battle skills and overconfidence.

    When they laughed and joked with each other in lighthearted, teasing way(for example i remember when they were separated by fault or it was just crevice with Ash joking about Misty attitude, while she teased Ash about his big appetite and being forgettable infront of Brock and Chinchau guy). If i mixed something up my apologies, its been awhile i watched those.

    Or when they often teamed up in battles vs TR working as partners, when trying to resolve mysteries and save Brock such as in illusion house run by bitter Ninetales or in freeing Brock when TR beaten him while sick. With there existing lot of support, compassion and motivation from Misty side when battling gym leaders, other powerful trainers, helping to overcome obstacle like that Sneasel and in preparing strategy for his league matches(especially after Macy with flirting stired her up).

    Although 4th season did had some really memorable moments between Ash and Misty brimming with comic scenes. Like both taking chores when Brock got sick with Ash getting on her nerves with carefree behavior trying to wash Onix or refusing to try her soup(sadly she cant cook to save her life lol) . In Misty erupting when old man gave Ash pill when his stomach hurted him suspecting he got poisoned(in a way hint revealing how much overprotective and caring Misty got for Ash at that point). When they got lost in forest with Ursaring with Misty all in panic and freighten not being able to sleep waking Ash up and starting to be allured with that Teddiursa protecting it much to Ash surprise etc. While getting jealous and suspicious when others directed compliment toward anything concerning Ash like that nurse Joy from episode about old man with Venusaur trying to capture rainbow in right moment and draw it(cant remember episode name).

    Main problem with Johto concerning Misty but Ash, Brock pretty much everyone came from writers at times focusing too much on repetitive formula focusing on COTD and their problems sadly pushing main cast including Misty in background preventing them from being more active, display more of their chemistry and doing what they know best.

    However generally looking in Johto i noticed how between Ash and Misty while there werent many pokeshipping hints, their dynamic still holded plenty of humor, flare and genuine curiosity coming in light of strong, very attached to each other friends . Having their escapades, moments of anger and comedy but also showing lot of understanding, support and care toward themselves(especially noticeable whenever one was lost or separated from group)strengthening on chemistry they had with Misty feelings arguably growing to be stronger than before.

    With culmination of this happening in Gotta Catch Ya Later.

  25. #5000
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemon fan 132 View Post
    Actually Misty and Ash interacted quite alot in Master Quest compared to earlier Johto season. I remember competitions like Whirl Cup reviving their competitive fire and passion for battling squabbling and bragging to themsekves of who is going to be winner. Followed with lot of respect and admiration revealing how much they evolved as friends since early days.

    There were several episodes where Misty scolded Ash or revived their arguing for missing boast for one of islands, when they got lot in forest or when Ash joked about being stubborn like Snubull or Larvitar shying from her causing to get irked and cranky. Or with Misty teasing Ash about his battle skills and overconfidence.

    When they laughed and joked with each other in lighthearted, teasing way(for example i remember when they were separated by fault or it was just crevice with Ash joking about Misty attitude, while she teased Ash about his big appetite and being forgettable infront of Brock and Chinchau guy). If i mixed something up my apologies, its been awhile i watched those.

    Or when they often teamed up in battles vs TR working as partners, when trying to resolve mysteries and save Brock such as in illusion house run by bitter Ninetales or in freeing Brock when TR beaten him while sick. With there existing lot of support, compassion and motivation from Misty side when battling gym leaders, other powerful trainers, helping to overcome obstacle like that Sneasel and in preparing strategy for his league matches(especially after Macy with flirting stired her up).

    Although 4th season did had some really memorable moments between Ash and Misty brimming with comic scenes. Like both taking chores when Brock got sick with Ash getting on her nerves with carefree behavior trying to wash Onix or refusing to try her soup(sadly she cant cook to save her life lol) . In Misty erupting when old man gave Ash pill when his stomach hurted him suspecting he got poisoned(in a way hint revealing how much overprotective and caring Misty got for Ash at that point). When they got lost in forest with Ursaring with Misty all in panic and freighten not being able to sleep waking Ash up and starting to be allured with that Teddiursa protecting it much to Ash surprise etc. While getting jealous and suspicious when others directed compliment toward anything concerning Ash like that nurse Joy from episode about old man with Venusaur trying to capture rainbow in right moment and draw it(cant remember episode name).

    Main problem with Johto concerning Misty but Ash, Brock pretty much everyone came from writers at times focusing too much on repetitive formula focusing on COTD and their problems sadly pushing main cast including Misty in background preventing them from being more active, display more of their chemistry and doing what they know best.

    However generally looking in Johto i noticed how between Ash and Misty while there werent many pokeshipping hints, their dynamic still holded plenty of humor, flare and genuine curiosity coming in light of strong, very attached to each other friends . Having their escapades, moments of anger and comedy but also showing lot of understanding, support and care toward themselves(especially noticeable whenever one was lost or separated from group)strengthening on chemistry they had with Misty feelings arguably growing to be stronger than before.

    With culmination of this happening in Gotta Catch Ya Later.
    Wasn't master quest season 5? I felt like season 4 had the least interactions especially in the movies. I wish they could repay for this loss of interaction with a Misty cameo.
    Crazy Shipper|Misty, May, and Drew|Anime Fangirl


Page 200 of 255 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210250 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •