Page 206 of 255 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216 ... LastLast
Results 5,126 to 5,150 of 6353

Thread: PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

  1. #5126
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by select1122 View Post
    U KONW WHAT REALY MAKES ME ANGRY! When people say that pokeshipping is dub made when there are only 2-3 small hints that are made in the english dub and all the othar HUGE hints are seen in both in japanese and english dub.
    Yeah that's really annoying. There are physical hints that can clearly state it's not "dubbed" only. Like Tower of Terror, Ghost of Maidens Peak, Beauty and the Beach, ORANGE ISLAND ARC, Power of One movie, Love, Pokemon style, all the times Ash and Misty fell asleep on each other during the jiggly puff song. (Weird, because they could have been on Brock, but no. Weird on another account when jiggly puff was about to sing Ash was next to Brock 4 feet APART from Misty and then all the sudden he's seen on Misty...hmmmm..) There's just so much...there was even Pokeshippng hints in Japanese that 4kids failed to dub.
    Crazy Shipper|Misty, May, and Drew|Anime Fangirl


  2. #5127
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by select1122
    U KONW WHAT REALY MAKES ME ANGRY! When people say that pokeshipping is dub made when there are only 2-3 small hints that are made in the english dub and all the othar HUGE hints are seen in both in japanese and english dub.
    That's indeed quite irritating but honestly there are only a few small changes in the dialogue, like that getting married thing in 'Heartbreak of Brock' or Misty's answer on Ash's comment about people changing when they kiss in 'Wherefore Art Thou, Pokémon'. I can't really understand how anyone could say that all hints are dub-added when you can clearly see by characters' body language and expressions that that's not the case at all. Like the times Ash got jelaous, the blushing, the moment's when they show huge concern towards each other etc.

  3. #5128
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heiccu View Post
    That's indeed quite irritating but honestly there are only a few small changes in the dialogue, like that getting married thing in 'Heartbreak of Brock' or Misty's answer on Ash's comment about people changing when they kiss in 'Wherefore Art Thou, Pokémon'. I can't really understand how anyone could say that all hints are dub-added when you can clearly see by characters' body language and expressions that that's not the case at all. Like the times Ash got jelaous, the blushing, the moment's when they show huge concern towards each other etc.
    Speaking of hints, I had found a great website on Ash and Misty japanese romance hints here In case you guys were wondering. This person didn't have ALL the Pokeshipping hints translated, but she translated the ones that were in the Japanese dub, or the real translation that 4Kids added.
    Crazy Shipper|Misty, May, and Drew|Anime Fangirl


  4. #5129
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    48,095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokeshipper9000 View Post
    Exactly, see this confused me the most how they still write for XY yet they completely forgot about Misty and pokeshipping. If they want the perfect puzzle to work out they'd need the missing piece and that's Misty. Sad, that they won't save pokeshipping and brings another ship in ugh.
    I suppose they just want to keep the show fresh by having other ships involved, but it does hurt PokeShipping imo since the writers don't seem to care about the stuff that happened between Ash and Misty. Oh well, I still have some hope that things will improve and that Ash and Misty will be able to meet each other again and give us the PokeShipping stuff we've been craving.

  5. #5130
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    I suppose they just want to keep the show fresh by having other ships involved, but it does hurt PokeShipping imo since the writers don't seem to care about the stuff that happened between Ash and Misty. Oh well, I still have some hope that things will improve and that Ash and Misty will be able to meet each other again and give us the PokeShipping stuff we've been craving.
    The thing is they've done so many other changes in keeping the show fresh, why have more couples? I've been so stuck on to Ash and Misty even the fan art because of how such of a perfect couple they could've been
    Crazy Shipper|Misty, May, and Drew|Anime Fangirl


  6. #5131
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    48,095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokeshipper9000 View Post
    The thing is they've done so many other changes in keeping the show fresh, why have more couples? I've been so stuck on to Ash and Misty even the fan art because of how such of a perfect couple they could've been
    I guess they think that most people grew out of PokeShipping? I know that it's happened to many of my friends. I knew people who supported the pairing casually but they stopped after a while because of AG. I think a lot of anime watchers who were also PokeShippers might've given up on seeing Ash and Misty together once Misty left. So it was kind of the writers' faults to begin with for ditching Misty. :x

  7. #5132
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    445

    Default

    I think the dub played a huge role in shaping Pokeshipping into the way it is today. Fact is, if the writers wanted Misty and Ash to be together, they would have been. The romantic subplot between Ash and Misty was largely pushed by the dub because they wanted to exploit the growing fan base for that pairing. Ash is clueless when it came to relationships yet the dub made it seem like he was shy and secretly wanted Misty when that was not true at all. He did not show any real interest in anyone outside of Giselle during Kanto so the whole romance was more a fabrication by 4 Kids.

  8. #5133
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    A2 - Best College Town
    Posts
    2,801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chalkus View Post
    I think the dub played a huge role in shaping Pokeshipping into the way it is today.
    Quit exaggerating. The dub did only few alterations. The overall chemistry between AAML, the hints in which they were said to like each other, Misty's hints, and Ash's hints were all in the original.

    Fact is, if the writers wanted Misty and Ash to be together, they would have been. The romantic subplot between Ash and Misty was largely pushed by the dub because they wanted to exploit the growing fan base for that pairing.
    Actually the romantic subplot was in Japanese too. Poke was the closest Ash shipping to canon in the show thus far.

    Ash is clueless when it came to relationships yet the dub made it seem like he was shy and secretly wanted Misty when that was not true at all. He did not show any real interest in anyone outside of Giselle during Kanto so the whole romance was more a fabrication by 4 Kids.
    Rewatch the kimono scene. Rewatch the scene in which he calls out Misty's name as he wakes up. Rewatch his jealously moments. In fact, rewatch the entire OS to see how it was obvious he did have feelings for her but was just too immature to realize them.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

  9. #5134
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    445

    Default

    If there is an Ash x Giselle shipping then it would be the closest thing to canon when it comes to Kanto. Pokeshipping has hints which are subjective, we know for a fact that Ash liked Giselle, which is objective. That's the difference here.

  10. #5135
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chalkus View Post
    I think the dub played a huge role in shaping Pokeshipping into the way it is today. Fact is, if the writers wanted Misty and Ash to be together, they would have been. The romantic subplot between Ash and Misty was largely pushed by the dub because they wanted to exploit the growing fan base for that pairing. Ash is clueless when it came to relationships yet the dub made it seem like he was shy and secretly wanted Misty when that was not true at all. He did not show any real interest in anyone outside of Giselle during Kanto so the whole romance was more a fabrication by 4 Kids.
    Honestly, I'm sick of your constant pokeshipping rants. You don't even ship them so why are you even on here. I had already earlier posted a link to the Japanese pokeshipping hints that were changed in the dub and vice versa. There is no excuse that pokeshipping was pushed by 4kids ONLY.
    Crazy Shipper|Misty, May, and Drew|Anime Fangirl


  11. #5136
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Marietta, GA
    Posts
    2,685

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chalkus View Post
    If there is an Ash x Giselle shipping then it would be the closest thing to canon when it comes to Kanto. Pokeshipping has hints which are subjective, we know for a fact that Ash liked Giselle, which is objective. That's the difference here.
    Ash though Giselle was hot. There is a difference between actually liking someone and thinking said person is hot.

    Signature Credit: The Comet
    My Tumblr

  12. #5137
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokeshipper9000 View Post
    Honestly, I'm sick of your constant pokeshipping rants. You don't even ship them so why are you even on here. I had already earlier posted a link to the Japanese pokeshipping hints that were changed in the dub and vice versa. There is no excuse that pokeshipping was pushed by 4kids ONLY.
    Yup, PokeShipping hints are in both versions: the English dub and the ORG JPN version-- I don't think I really need to add to this.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 16th February 2014 at 2:36 AM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  13. #5138
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    48,095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chalkus View Post
    If there is an Ash x Giselle shipping then it would be the closest thing to canon when it comes to Kanto. Pokeshipping has hints which are subjective, we know for a fact that Ash liked Giselle, which is objective. That's the difference here.
    He thought she was attractive and that's it. It's not like he fell in love with her.

    Anyway, I think Ash did showcase jealousy a few times but I think Misty's jealousy was more interesting to see because she was always so much more expressive than Ash. She was the kind of person who would scold Ash for every little thing and I thought that their chemistry in general was great. Had Misty not been in the cast with Ash, OS would've been really boring imo.

  14. #5139
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chalkus View Post
    If there is an Ash x Giselle shipping then it would be the closest thing to canon when it comes to Kanto. Pokeshipping has hints which are subjective, we know for a fact that Ash liked Giselle, which is objective. That's the difference here.
    He was attracted to her, he didn't like her.

  15. #5140
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Deep (Fried) South
    Posts
    5,224

    Default

    The fact that many of the same writers are still on board makes me feel better. I mean, ok, so mostly, they're concerned with ratings and promoting the newest generation. But the way Pokeshipping was, the way all many of us really connected with it, makes me think that the writers cares about it, too. I don't think that chemistry was an accident. And the fact that they kept giving us hints even when they knew Misty was leaving, even AFTER she left, makes me think that they still care about it. I mean, they didn't have to do that; it's like they made an effort to say, yeah, Ash and Misty are still a thing. It makes sense; I mean, after writing characters for such a long period of time, how could you not care?

    As for the writers shipping other things... I really don't think they have. It makes sense that they would, for the sake of ratings... Well, we'll see how this thing with Serena plays out. As long as there are no hints from Ash's side, I think it's meant to be an interesting character trait/subplot.

    Also, as for chalkus... obvious troll is obvious? Either that our someone from an opposing ship. Either way, it's best to leave it alone.
    Last edited by Hakajin; 16th February 2014 at 2:53 AM.
    These are my fanfics. Read them. Or not, whatever.
    Pokemon Generations: Satsumi's Journey (Chapter 2 Now Up!)
    My Fanfiction.net Profile

    This is my Tumblr. Read it if you are so inclined.
    The Philosophy of Shipping (shipdr.tumblr.com)

  16. #5141
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokeshipper9000 View Post
    Honestly, I'm sick of your constant pokeshipping rants. You don't even ship them so why are you even on here. I had already earlier posted a link to the Japanese pokeshipping hints that were changed in the dub and vice versa. There is no excuse that pokeshipping was pushed by 4kids ONLY.
    Who is ranting? I never said that Pokeshipping was wrong nor is it wrong if you believe in it. A statement was made as to whether or not the dub influenced Pokeshipping. I think it did, you think it does not. We both are entitled to our opinions since neither can absolutely prove them either way. The fact that you posted a link to the Japanese Pokeshipping hints proves this is an issue that has been brought up before so why is it wrong when I give my opinion?

    Also, I never said that Pokeshipping was pushed by 4Kids only. I said the dub had a huge role in shaping what Pokeshipping is today. It is obvious that the Japanese writers do not care to have Ash be in serious relationship with anyone. If 4Kids created Pokemon there is no doubt in my mind Ash and Misty would have been together because practically every animated kids show with a male and female main character ends up with them together.
    Last edited by chalkus; 16th February 2014 at 3:10 AM.

  17. #5142
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    A2 - Best College Town
    Posts
    2,801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chalkus View Post
    Who is ranting? I never said that Pokeshipping was wrong nor is it wrong if you believe in it.
    Your track record in this thread says otherwise. Don't act as if you haven't tried to praise Pearl and Dawn before.

    A question was posed as to whether or not the dub influenced Pokeshipping. I think it did, you think it does not. We both are entitled to our opinions since neither can absolutely prove them either way. The fact that you posted a link to the Japanese Pokeshipping hints proves this is an issue that has been brought up before so why is it wrong when I give my opinion?
    It's an actually made into a big deal by people such as yourself. There's only a few alterations between dub and original.

    Also, I never said that Pokeshipping was pushed by 4Kids only. I said the dub had a huge role in shaping what Pokeshipping is today. It is obvious that the Japanese writers do not care to have Ash be in serious relationship with anyone. If 4Kids created Pokemon there is no doubt in my mind Ash and Misty would have been together because practically every animated kids show with a male and female main character ends up with them together.
    And that's where your opinion becomes plain wrong.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

  18. #5143
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chalkus View Post
    He did not show any real interest in anyone outside of Giselle during Kanto so the whole romance was more a fabrication by 4 Kids.
    I thought he did show some interest in Misty though, at least when she was in her pretty Kimono he did for sure, and there wasn't any dialogue there so it's not like the dub did anything there. In fact, the Japanese made it much cuter because Misty asks him what he is doing. Oh and then there was also that one scene in which he (in the Japanese) says to Misty "you actually look like a girl" and that meant he noticed her. Oh and all the screenshots of them close to each other, I also noticed that Ash and Misty had episodes when it was just them, and though it's not a hint the writer's wanted to show us more of their dynamic.

    Quote Originally Posted by chalkus View Post
    I think the dub played a huge role in shaping Pokeshipping into the way it is today
    I kinda agree with you, but I'm probably seeing this in a different way. The Japanese have different ways to display romance than the Americans so it's only natural for the dubbers to want to get their relationship across to an American audience. Am I making sense? So yes I think the dubbers did play a role in the way we see Pokeshipping, but no I don't think Pokeshipping was their creation. The Japanese writers gave them a lot of scenes to work with It has to do with cultures. For example, the fact that Misty wrapped up the bento with her handkerchief is a bit meaningful for the Japanese, but for those who are not familiar with Japanese culture, then it may not carry the same meaning. Also, the reason I think the Japanese fans of Pokeshipping count the lure scence as a hint is because of culture differences as well. The japanese, at least in anime, have a very subtle way of showing romance. In fact, most anime dont ever show a kissing scene between the canon couple. So for those who don't watch anime it might just be like "oh he cares about her friendship" but he seemed so relieved to find it and i don't know in most anime I watch that would mean he really cares about it because it has deeper emotions.

    I don't mean to sound like an expert, cause I'm not but these are simply my observations. What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Poke-Girl9; 16th February 2014 at 3:56 AM.

  19. #5144
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chalkus View Post
    Who is ranting? I never said that Pokeshipping was wrong nor is it wrong if you believe in it. A statement was made as to whether or not the dub influenced Pokeshipping. I think it did, you think it does not. We both are entitled to our opinions since neither can absolutely prove them either way. The fact that you posted a link to the Japanese Pokeshipping hints proves this is an issue that has been brought up before so why is it wrong when I give my opinion?

    Also, I never said that Pokeshipping was pushed by 4Kids only. I said the dub had a huge role in shaping what Pokeshipping is today. It is obvious that the Japanese writers do not care to have Ash be in serious relationship with anyone. If 4Kids created Pokemon there is no doubt in my mind Ash and Misty would have been together because practically every animated kids show with a male and female main character ends up with them together.
    This isn't the first time though. All your posts on here were so against pokeshipping. If you're not a pokeshipper, than why are you on here because I haven't seen you say ONE positive thing about the ship yet. I know opinions are okay, but serebii rules still apply and you're not following them. (And I know it's okay to post about ships, but I'm pretty sure you can't BASH on the ship that's the threads MAIN subject.)
    Anyways, I get what you mean and I respect your opinion but please, if you are not a pokeshipper keep it to yourself incase you have further grudges against it.
    Last edited by OfCorsola; 16th February 2014 at 4:29 PM.
    Crazy Shipper|Misty, May, and Drew|Anime Fangirl


  20. #5145
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Deep (Fried) South
    Posts
    5,224

    Default

    Seriously, sounds like chalkus is just trying to validate his own ship to himself; I can sympathize. I mean, it's not a good thing to do, but... Arguing about it won't do any good; these things go away if you ignore them.
    These are my fanfics. Read them. Or not, whatever.
    Pokemon Generations: Satsumi's Journey (Chapter 2 Now Up!)
    My Fanfiction.net Profile

    This is my Tumblr. Read it if you are so inclined.
    The Philosophy of Shipping (shipdr.tumblr.com)

  21. #5146
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    48,095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poke-Girl9 View Post
    I thought he did show some interest in Misty though, at least when she was in her pretty Kimono he did for sure, and there wasn't any dialogue there so it's not like the dub did anything there. In fact, the Japanese made it much cuter because Misty asks him what he is doing. Oh and then there was also that one scene in which he (in the Japanese) says to Misty "you actually look like a girl" and that meant he noticed her. Oh and all the screenshots of them close to each other, I also noticed that Ash and Misty had episodes when it was just them, and though it's not a hint the writer's wanted to show us more of their dynamic.
    I loved that scene where Ash noticed Misty in her kimono. I liked that he seemed so speechless because of her beauty and I wish there had been more moments like that between them in OS. I liked how they would bicker with each other and stuff like that too, but seeing them interact nicely with each other was great as well. In general, I just liked seeing them both hanging out together lol.

  22. #5147
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    I loved that scene where Ash noticed Misty in her kimono. I liked that he seemed so speechless because of her beauty and I wish there had been more moments like that between them in OS. I liked how they would bicker with each other and stuff like that too, but seeing them interact nicely with each other was great as well. In general, I just liked seeing them both hanging out together lol.
    Same, I just love how he PUTS DOWN HIS POKČDEX AND GASPS. And she has to ask hung what he was doing and then they held hands they actually danced. This came out in 1997 and I still have butterflies of how cute they are. I just miss that of OS. Agreed, another interesting thing is in that episode Ash and Misty sort of bonded. You know, with Brock being love struck they were at the fair together, they did a lot of things together (I loved that scene where the were just enjoying their candy together) and let's not forget where ghastly comes in Misty CLINGS onto him and he seemed very okay with it...hmmm
    Crazy Shipper|Misty, May, and Drew|Anime Fangirl


  23. #5148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    I loved that scene where Ash noticed Misty in her kimono. I liked that he seemed so speechless because of her beauty and I wish there had been more moments like that between them in OS. I liked how they would bicker with each other and stuff like that too, but seeing them interact nicely with each other was great as well. In general, I just liked seeing them both hanging out together lol.
    Yeah, I liked that scene too, it was kinda funny that Ash was speechless for once lol. I remember that scene being slightly romantic, though the anime is very subtle when it comes to romantic stuff like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

  24. #5149
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    48,095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokeshipper9000 View Post
    Same, I just love how he PUTS DOWN HIS POKČDEX AND GASPS. And she has to ask hung what he was doing and then they held hands they actually danced. This came out in 1997 and I still have butterflies of how cute they are. I just miss that of OS. Agreed, another interesting thing is in that episode Ash and Misty sort of bonded. You know, with Brock being love struck they were at the fair together, they did a lot of things together (I loved that scene where the were just enjoying their candy together) and let's not forget where ghastly comes in Misty CLINGS onto him and he seemed very okay with it...hmmm
    I liked the scene where Misty clung to Ash as well. I kind of wish that either Ash or Misty had looked embarrassed or something during that though, but they seemed more worried about the ghosts than about their physical contact. Well, I guess it wasn't necessarily a bad thing since it might've ruined the moment. Anyway, I really need to re-watch some more OS episodes to catch other little moments like that.

  25. #5150
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn+Serena Fan View Post
    Yeah, I liked that scene too, it was kinda funny that Ash was speechless for once lol. I remember that scene being slightly romantic, though the anime is very subtle when it comes to romantic stuff like that.
    It was at that moment Ash should have pulled off a Brock and used one of his vintage moves on her. I wonder how she would react. Pull Ash's ear? Pull Brock's for teaching the move?

Page 206 of 255 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •