Page 209 of 255 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213219 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,225 of 6352

Thread: PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

  1. #5201
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokeshipper9000 View Post
    But that was with 4kids. The other dubbing company didn't really care about shippings so they wouldnt do that. I feel you on the Jirachi thing. I liked it at first, but then I disliked it...
    The other dubbing company, TPCi, clearly doesn't care about a lot of things 4Kids did, IMO: I for one liked the dub hint in M06, and even then, Ash was acknowledging Misty being one of his close friends. It doesn't necessarily have to be interpreted as a romantic statement when he discussed her as being his friend, after all-- better than when Satoshi was just generically talking to Masato about nothing of the sort, in fact.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 25th February 2014 at 11:27 PM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  2. #5202
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    The other dubbing company, TPCi, clearly doesn't care about a lot of things 4Kids did, IMO: I for one liked the dub hint in M06, and even then, Ash was acknowledging Misty being one of his close friends. It doesn't necessarily have to be interpreted as a romantic statement when he discussed her as being his friend, after all-- better than when Satoshi was just generically talking to Masato about nothing of the sort, in fact.
    Of course I liked 4kids and I loved how they were Pokeshippers. The thing is I hate when non pokeshippers make it look like 4kids pushed Pokeshipping especially because of M06. And I disliked the reference because it got me so hype about Pokeshippers when I found out it was just a dub. Lol
    Crazy Shipper|Misty, May, and Drew|Anime Fangirl


  3. #5203
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    37

    Default

    I remember that one of you guys posted some pics of Ash and Misty that were cute but not very popular, I hope other people can show us some of their favorite screenshots! Even if they are well known, it's just nice to see screenshots right?

    I can't figure out how to to show the image here but this is the direct link http://25.media.tumblr.com/615750432...o3_r1_1280.png it's a cute picture isn't? Ash and Misty!!!

  4. #5204
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poke-Girl9 View Post
    I remember that one of you guys posted some pics of Ash and Misty that were cute but not very popular, I hope other people can show us some of their favorite screenshots! Even if they are well known, it's just nice to see screenshots right?

    I can't figure out how to to show the image here but this is the direct link http://25.media.tumblr.com/615750432...o3_r1_1280.png it's a cute picture isn't? Ash and Misty!!!
    I agree! This was the episode on what I was talking about. While Jigglypuff was singing, Ash was sitting next to Brock, on the other side. Then afterwards he's next to Misty...hmmmm...
    Crazy Shipper|Misty, May, and Drew|Anime Fangirl


  5. #5205
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Yeah, it was actually pretty interesting that almost every time Jigglypuff sang the group to fall asleep, Ash and Misty manage to get close or even on top of each other even though they originally were standing several meters away. Maybe that was just little teasing from animators' side, I don't know.

    Speaking about Pokeshippy moments that I don't often hear or read talking about. The first one that comes to my mind is the episode "Tentacool and Tentacruel". There was that one scene where Tentacruel caused that huge tsunami and Ash leaded Misty away from it by holding her hand. Later in the same episode Ash got a bit worried about Misty, since she suddenly disappeared to stop Tentacruel. Overall all the moments where Ash showed even tiniest bit of concern towards Misty were very cute.

    What really got me was also that particular scene in "Here comes the Squirtle Squad" where Ash returned back after bying Pikachu's potion in the city. But when he got back to the cave where the Squirtle Squad with Meowth and others were supposed to be waiting for him, it was empty. Ash got extremely concerned about Misty and thought that something bad happened to her. Actually in the Japanese version Squirtle threatened to execute Misty if Ash didn't come back in time. The dubbed version of that scene was kinda.. weird because of the dialogue change but any way, I myself consider that as quite a big hint from Ash's side, because he pretty rarely shows huge concern or even some kind of fear of losing his friend. Besides, he got very angry at the Squirtle squad for doing something like that to Misty even though he came back in time as promised, and he wasn't as worried about Pikachu as he was about Misty, at least in the Japanese version.

  6. #5206
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poke-Girl9 View Post
    I can't figure out how to to show the image here but this is the direct link http://25.media.tumblr.com/615750432...o3_r1_1280.png it's a cute picture isn't? Ash and Misty!!!
    Aww, that's cute. I didn't even remember that scene. I should probably watch that episode again. It's just adorable how they fell asleep like that. Of course it seems to have been an accident that they ended up leaning on each other, but still, these are the kinds of PokeShipping hints that we should've gotten more of in the Johto saga in my opinion. Cute moments between Ash and Misty.

  7. #5207
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    Aww, that's cute. I didn't even remember that scene. I should probably watch that episode again. It's just adorable how they fell asleep like that. Of course it seems to have been an accident that they ended up leaning on each other, but still, these are the kinds of PokeShipping hints that we should've gotten more of in the Johto saga in my opinion. Cute moments between Ash and Misty.
    I know right? I wish we had some Pokeshipping hints NOW. I've been pokeshipping deprived lately..
    Crazy Shipper|Misty, May, and Drew|Anime Fangirl


  8. #5208
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokeshipper9000 View Post
    I know right? I wish we had some Pokeshipping hints NOW. I've been pokeshipping deprived lately..
    Yeah I know what you mean. I kind of stopped watching re-runs of old OS episodes for a while so I haven't had much stimulation when it comes to PokeShipping in general. I still support the pairing and everything, but I haven't been as focused on it lately. I did debate in Misty's defense in another thread though. Someone thought that if the Misty lure appeared in an upcoming XY episode, that it would start a shipping war or something, which I doubt would happen. I want PokeShipping hints in XY, but not at the cost of drama.

  9. #5209
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    Yeah I know what you mean. I kind of stopped watching re-runs of old OS episodes for a while so I haven't had much stimulation when it comes to PokeShipping in general. I still support the pairing and everything, but I haven't been as focused on it lately. I did debate in Misty's defense in another thread though. Someone thought that if the Misty lure appeared in an upcoming XY episode, that it would start a shipping war or something, which I doubt would happen. I want PokeShipping hints in XY, but not at the cost of drama.
    Exactly. I mean I still watch reruns and all, but I'm getting tired of the non hints. The last ACTUAL hint we had (not mentions/cameos) was in DP. And that was like what, 4 years ago? Idk..when I watch the reruns I'm like POKESHIPPING YEAH! But then I tell my self, this like happened 10-16 years agoo..It be nice if her lure showed up agan..I just hope there isn't any drama. It's good you backed Misty up, don't be ashamed.
    Crazy Shipper|Misty, May, and Drew|Anime Fangirl


  10. #5210
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    57

    Default

    If Misty really is that popular in Japan as well, they should give her a physical appearance in the show. If not by meeting up with Ash again, then just some special episode dedicated to her. Actually it would be interesting to see more of her life as a gym leader and what kind of challenges she has to face by taking care of the gym by herself. And why not include some cute mentions of Ash like she did once or twice in Chronicles.

  11. #5211
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heiccu View Post
    If Misty really is that popular in Japan as well, they should give her a physical appearance in the show. If not by meeting up with Ash again, then just some special episode dedicated to her. Actually it would be interesting to see more of her life as a gym leader and what kind of challenges she has to face by taking care of the gym by herself. And why not include some cute mentions of Ash like she did once or twice in Chronicles.
    My sources say they're all actually really popular, there's a lot of Misty fans, and other characters so I would see why not bring her back for a cameo. It be interesting to see if she even still talks to Ash..
    Crazy Shipper|Misty, May, and Drew|Anime Fangirl


  12. #5212
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heiccu View Post
    If Misty really is that popular in Japan as well, they should give her a physical appearance in the show. If not by meeting up with Ash again, then just some special episode dedicated to her. Actually it would be interesting to see more of her life as a gym leader and what kind of challenges she has to face by taking care of the gym by herself. And why not include some cute mentions of Ash like she did once or twice in Chronicles.
    At this point I'd take another Misty special even if it doesn't contain any PokeShipping hints. I just want to see her again so badly lol. But I'm not sure how popular Misty is in Japan. It's been almost a decade since she appeared in-the-flesh and even with references and flashbacks about her in recent years, I still don't know if she has the same popularity that she had in her prime. I think she would have to appear alongside Ash and show off her dynamic personality some more to get the audience interested in Misty and PokeShipping in general. That's why the best case scenario would be for her to appear with Ash imo.

  13. #5213
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    At this point I'd take another Misty special even if it doesn't contain any PokeShipping hints. I just want to see her again so badly lol. But I'm not sure how popular Misty is in Japan. It's been almost a decade since she appeared in-the-flesh and even with references and flashbacks about her in recent years, I still don't know if she has the same popularity that she had in her prime. I think she would have to appear alongside Ash and show off her dynamic personality some more to get the audience interested in Misty and PokeShipping in general. That's why the best case scenario would be for her to appear with Ash imo.
    Me too. Just seeing her again would be enough for me right know but of course I'd prefer seeing some new hints for PokeShipping. I'm still wondering about Misty's popularity in Japan (maybe I should ask my Japanese friends for that), becuase if she really is that popular like people claim why don't writers respond to fans' demand. There easily could have been good spots in the storyline for some little arc for Misty to appear again. Honestly, I don't get it.

  14. #5214
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heiccu View Post
    Me too. Just seeing her again would be enough for me right know but of course I'd prefer seeing some new hints for PokeShipping. I'm still wondering about Misty's popularity in Japan (maybe I should ask my Japanese friends for that), becuase if she really is that popular like people claim why don't writers respond to fans' demand. There easily could have been good spots in the storyline for some little arc for Misty to appear again. Honestly, I don't get it.
    Well, I asked my Japanese friends and they said that Mistys still popular and pokeshipping is still the most popular ships, that's what he said and a few of his friends agreed. You're right, a lure would be great just to see Misty again. Honestly, I'm tired of only the mentions. I just want her to appear in flesh. That would be better.
    Crazy Shipper|Misty, May, and Drew|Anime Fangirl


  15. #5215
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Have you noticed that some amourshippers are starting to hate and rage on pokeshipping sites?I mean wtf.We did nothing to them and yet thay hate our shipp so much.

  16. #5216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by select1122 View Post
    Have you noticed that some amourshippers are starting to hate and rage on pokeshipping sites?I mean wtf.We did nothing to them and yet thay hate our shipp so much.
    I havent seen any of course I dont really normally visit other Pokémon sites other than here and bulbagarden.
    Anyways I still dont want to see a Misty lure rehash for a poke shipping hint, I would like either an in person appearance or another new way for a cameo for a possible poke shipping hint.
    Owner of the Dawn/Hikari Fanclub v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

  17. #5217
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by select1122 View Post
    Have you noticed that some amourshippers are starting to hate and rage on pokeshipping sites?I mean wtf.We did nothing to them and yet thay hate our shipp so much.
    I haven't noticed anything particural nor I don't really care, because I hate Shipping wars and I don't get why people even bother bash and critize others' opinions and likes that much that you have to rise a fight about which characters should end up together. Well, haters gonna hate but it still isn't necessary to cause fights.

  18. #5218
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    California<3
    Posts
    83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by select1122 View Post
    Have you noticed that some amourshippers are starting to hate and rage on pokeshipping sites?I mean wtf.We did nothing to them and yet thay hate our shipp so much.
    Well of course they hate on pokeshipping. It is the only ship that actually is a threat to amourshipping.
    I'm not gonna lie, amourshipping kinda does make my heart hurt a little.
    However I do not hate the ship, or the people who ship it. So far Ash hasn't shown any romantic feelings towards Serena and I hope it stays that way.
    I almost feel that the writers made Ash another love interest to make the fans forget about Misty. /:
    But the amourshipping doesn't change my mind about pokeshipping, and my belief that AshXMisty is end game!.
    When it rains, look for RAINBOWS. When it's dark, look for STARS. <3
    Lots of love, Katiee <33


  19. #5219
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    3,130

    Default

    Let's not talk about AmourShipping or AmourShippers here. There's really no need to get divisive and stir up drama with rival or multishippers in order to show your support for PokeShipping. It's not on-topic, and it's only going to cause arguments. Stick to PokeShipping by itself.

  20. #5220
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    966

    Default

    Yeah, this subject always comes up every time. There's hate, I just ignore it.
    Anyways...
    So, Ghost of Maiden's Peak aired in Japan, I've seen a lot of tweets from Japanese Pokeshippers! Could there be an uprising of younger fans?
    Crazy Shipper|Misty, May, and Drew|Anime Fangirl


  21. #5221
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn+Serena Fan View Post
    I havent seen any of course I dont really normally visit other Pokémon sites other than here and bulbagarden.
    Anyways I still dont want to see a Misty lure rehash for a poke shipping hint, I would like either an in person appearance or another new way for a cameo for a possible poke shipping hint.
    Seeing as an in-the-flesh appearance is unlikely to happen anytime soon, I think the Misty lure appearing again would be the only way for us to get a PokeShipping hint in XY. I remember hoping that Ash would see Misty at the end of BW, but she didn't appear and I don't want to get my hopes up for more disappointment at the end of XY. Unless there's some special episode, I don't foresee Misty returning in the near future to be honest, which kind of hinders PokeShipping imo.

  22. #5222
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    Seeing as an in-the-flesh appearance is unlikely to happen anytime soon, I think the Misty lure appearing again would be the only way for us to get a PokeShipping hint in XY. I remember hoping that Ash would see Misty at the end of BW, but she didn't appear and I don't want to get my hopes up for more disappointment at the end of XY. Unless there's some special episode, I don't foresee Misty returning in the near future to be honest, which kind of hinders PokeShipping imo.
    You're right. The next special episode won't be until probably two more years, which is the 20th birthday. I'm pretty sure it'll be something big, and Misty would be in it. If there isn't any Misty I'd be pretty peaved off. But, if she actually was in it, I think there would be some good pokeshipping hints. There's gotta be some after that long time of never seeing each other.
    Crazy Shipper|Misty, May, and Drew|Anime Fangirl


  23. #5223
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokeshipper9000 View Post
    You're right. The next special episode won't be until probably two more years, which is the 20th birthday. I'm pretty sure it'll be something big, and Misty would be in it. If there isn't any Misty I'd be pretty peaved off. But, if she actually was in it, I think there would be some good pokeshipping hints. There's gotta be some after that long time of never seeing each other.
    I really don't think the 20th anniversary will be big though. I mean what did we get for the 10th anniversary? The Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon special? I could've sworn that I read somewhere that TPCi ordered that special to be made which implies that the original studio didn't plan on celebrating the anniversary of the franchise. If that's so then I doubt that would change for the upcoming 20th anniversary. I just don't want to get my hopes up for a special that would feature Ash and Misty because I personally can't handle anymore disappointment. I'd rather wait for Ash's inevitable return to Pallet Town and hope the writers don't mess it up like they did at the end of BW.

  24. #5224
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    I really don't think the 20th anniversary will be big though. I mean what did we get for the 10th anniversary? The Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon special? I could've sworn that I read somewhere that TPCi ordered that special to be made which implies that the original studio didn't plan on celebrating the anniversary of the franchise. If that's so then I doubt that would change for the upcoming 20th anniversary. I just don't want to get my hopes up for a special that would feature Ash and Misty because I personally can't handle anymore disappointment. I'd rather wait for Ash's inevitable return to Pallet Town and hope the writers don't mess it up like they did at the end of BW.
    Really? I never actually knew about that...I did think it was too short to be a special birthday episode. I think they'll do a 20th episode again, because they probably now have an idea. I also am still looking forward to the end of XY. I hope Misty does appear by then. It's just...agh, how could anyone just neglect a character like that? True, they could have went BW again. Let's not forget about DP too..
    Crazy Shipper|Misty, May, and Drew|Anime Fangirl


  25. #5225
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,788

    Default

    It's funny (and kind of sad) because I actually had a dream last night about Misty returning in the anime. There was a lot of commotion, both good and bad about it in my dream and I found it to be funny because I was just thinking about Misty coming back for another cameo yesterday, and sad because it was all just a dream and there's no confirmed appearance by her at the moment. Still, it was nice just dreaming about her coming back and joining Ash's traveling group again. Hopefully my dream was prophetic lol. :P

Page 209 of 255 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213219 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •