Page 210 of 254 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214220 ... LastLast
Results 5,226 to 5,250 of 6344

Thread: PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    It's funny (and kind of sad) because I actually had a dream last night about Misty returning in the anime. There was a lot of commotion, both good and bad about it in my dream and I found it to be funny because I was just thinking about Misty coming back for another cameo yesterday, and sad because it was all just a dream and there's no confirmed appearance by her at the moment. Still, it was nice just dreaming about her coming back and joining Ash's traveling group again. Hopefully my dream was prophetic lol. :P
    It's creepy, because I had a dream Ash and Misty met up in a dream too. I think it's a sign! Lol, but seriously I think they will meet up soon. It's been a strange vibe that's been ringing up on me lately
    Crazy Shipper|Misty, May, and Drew|Anime Delux

Quote Originally Posted by Pokeshipper9000 View Post
    It's creepy, because I had a dream Ash and Misty met up in a dream too. I think it's a sign! Lol, but seriously I think they will meet up soon. It's been a strange vibe that's been ringing up on me lately
    Meanwhile I had a dream once of fighting a Garchomp on the back of a Charizard...
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    Meanwhile I had a dream once of fighting a Garchomp on the back of a Charizard...
    Hahaha, that's funny :P. I don't seriously think dreams mean something. I was just playing around. Seriously though, I have this weird vibe they'd come back..

I really hope that in X and Y , Serena tells Ash she likes him and Ash tells her he only sees her as a friend that there is another girl back home he has a crush on aka Misty x)
    Or she asks him if he likes anybody and he thinks of Misty!. Lol x)
    Orrr Misty is watching Ash on TV in some sort of competition, and she sees that Serena is being overly friendly and she gets jealous and tracks them down x)
    Grrr I just miss her so so so much..honestly I don't even think that they will do anything all that special for the 20th anniversary /:
    I just wish he'd say he misses her or something.
    The writters need to throw us a freakin bone!. Lol
    Honestly , I just miss Misty overall, I just want to see her appear , or even mentioned even if it isn't pokeshippy..
    When it rains, look for RAINBOWS. When it's dark, look for STARS. <3
    Lots of love, Katiee <33

Quote Originally Posted by vivalakatie713 View Post
    I really hope that in X and Y , Serena tells Ash she likes him and Ash tells her he only sees her as a friend that there is another girl back home he has a crush on aka Misty x)
    Or she asks him if he likes anybody and he thinks of Misty!. Lol x)
    Orrr Misty is watching Ash on TV in some sort of competition, and she sees that Serena is being overly friendly and she gets jealous and tracks them down x)
    Grrr I just miss her so so so much..honestly I don't even think that they will do anything all that special for the 20th anniversary /:
    I just wish he'd say he misses her or something.
    The writters need to throw us a freakin bone!. Lol
    Honestly , I just miss Misty overall, I just want to see her appear , or even mentioned even if it isn't pokeshippy..
    They could still do something for the 20th anniversary, Misty could appear in it or get mentioned, even if there aren't any Pokeshipping hints, which is 50/50 if that happens. I can totally see them doing a special episode or something for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn+Serena Fan View Post
    They could still do something for the 20th anniversary, Misty could appear in it or get mentioned, even if there aren't any Pokeshipping hints, which is 50/50 if that happens. I can totally see them doing a special episode or something for it.
    In my POV, I don't really need pokeshipping hints. As long as Misty appears back in flesh, and she gets to interact with Ash is all I need..

In my POV, I don't really need pokeshipping hints. As long as Misty appears back in flesh, and she gets to interact with Ash is all I need..
    I'd like for them to meet up with each other again at least, but I do want some PokeShipping stuff to happen as well. I mean I've waited so long for Ash and Misty to be together in the same place since AG, so if the writers bring back Misty for a special or whatever, they'd better do things right imo. I want Ash to compliment her or something and for Misty to show her soft side while she's interacting with him.

I'd like for them to meet up with each other again at least, but I do want some PokeShipping stuff to happen as well. I mean I've waited so long for Ash and Misty to be together in the same place since AG, so if the writers bring back Misty for a special or whatever, they'd better do things right imo. I want Ash to compliment her or something and for Misty to show her soft side while she's interacting with him.
    I see. However, I'm not going to count on it happening. I'm pretty sure they'll meet up with each other..but ahh! I don't even know when...

What if when ash won the XY leuge then goes to each reigon gathering his freinds at pallet town to take a picture. I can imagine ash saying "To cerleaun city!" and everybodys fist when in the air pointing at the sun(cue theme song).
    Removed for violating the Signature Rules.

My personal ideal scenario for Misty has been for her to become Ash's new main rival. Like wait until the league to introduce her as his surprise next opponent & have that kick off a rivalry throughout the next region. Since the game version of Misty has hinted at leaving the gym & challenging strong trainers (finally making it happen in B2W2) it makes sense to carry this over to the anime version.

Plus it certainly makes for an interesting new dynamic to the show: a former companion turned heated rival is something that hasn't really happened before. It works better with Misty than any other past companion due to how much she & Ash would fight with each other. They would bounce back & forth between friendly & unfriendly rivals which I think makes for better TV than just a straight forward guest appearance or even being a main cast member again.

Quote Originally Posted by POKESHIPPING4EVER! View Post
    What if when ash won the XY leuge then goes to each reigon gathering his freinds at pallet town to take a picture. I can imagine ash saying "To cerleaun city!" and everybodys fist when in the air pointing at the sun(cue theme song).
    I'm sure he could organize his friends a lot easier than that. He could just call them and they could meet him in Pallet Town. That's kind of how I want him to see Misty again. Maybe she'll be there to surprise him when he leaves Kalos and returns to Pallet Town. I just think that's more likely to happen than Ash going all the way to Cerulean City. He and Misty could just reunite at Ash's hometown which is basically a meeting place already.

I would like that too if they were able to meet up in Pallet Town like that time Ash came back from the Hoenn region. I thought that was pretty sweet.

Image by もちづき
    ...Your tender smile and our petty squabbles...
    Just how much are all those supposed to have toughened me up?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeachu View Post
    My personal ideal scenario for Misty has been for her to become Ash's new main rival. Like wait until the league to introduce her as his surprise next opponent & have that kick off a rivalry throughout the next region. Since the game version of Misty has hinted at leaving the gym & challenging strong trainers (finally making it happen in B2W2) it makes sense to carry this over to the anime version.

Plus it certainly makes for an interesting new dynamic to the show: a former companion turned heated rival is something that hasn't really happened before. It works better with Misty than any other past companion due to how much she & Ash would fight with each other. They would bounce back & forth between friendly & unfriendly rivals which I think makes for better TV than just a straight forward guest appearance or even being a main cast member again.
    What an interesting scenario!. Heck, I think all of us in the serebii forums should take over as the writers for pokemon xD
    When it rains, look for RAINBOWS. When it's dark, look for STARS. <3
    Lots of love, Katiee <33

You're right! Maybe Ash will actually age instead of endlessly being 10?
    And we'd throw in Pokeshipping hints when necessary, and give the other popular characters that have left the series a cameo for a few episodes?

And I'd love for Misty becoming Ash's main rival. They're both competitive, so I can see that happening. *throws confetti*

I've always loved this idea! I mean, think about the dynamic between May and Drew or to an extent, Dawn and Kenny. Being each others main rivals (in May and Drew's case, anyway) added some sort layer to the dynamic between them. Even if they weren't PokéShippers, I bet people would find that pretty interesting at the very least.

I've always sort of thought that how in the games Misty wants to travel and challenge other Trainers was already referencing her anime counterpart since she has done that in the anime, but that's just me. I'd be fine either way if she traveled with Ash or if she was a main rival, but the latter definitely has the potential to be the more entertaining option.
    "It's all right, it's all right, it's all right. Yeah, sometimes you gotta lose 'til you win.
    It's all right, it's all right, it's all right. It'll be all right again."

That would be interesting, considering that Ash and Misty already had some sort of rivarly between them when they travelled togethe. But taking that into a higher level would add more dynamics to their relationship. They both like a good competition and I always liked the way they interacted with each other, teasing and so on when on that competitive mode like when they battled for the ownership of Totodile for instance.

I love when there is a rivalry between Ash and Misty, like for the gym badge, for togepi, totodile, and during the whirl cup. I also love when they battle together, Ash doesn't have a rival in XY so it be interesting if Misty could be one. I've always found his battles with Misty (other than Gary) to be the most interesting one of them all..

If/when they bring back Misty, I hope they'll get Rachael Lillis to be her VA again. I tried watching 'Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon' and gave up after 10-15 mins because I didn't like the new VA (same with all the other characters); it just came across like they didn't even try to get VA's that sounded anything like the originals...

Quote Originally Posted by Thane64 View Post
    If/when they bring back Misty, I hope they'll get Rachael Lillis to be her VA again. I tried watching 'Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon' and gave up after 10-15 mins because I didn't like the new VA (same with all the other characters); it just came across like they didn't even try to get VA's that sounded anything like the originals...
    I definitly agree her old voice actor Rachael LIllis was better.
    Removed for violating the Signature Rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Thane64 View Post
    I didn't even watch the special (english) after 15 minutes because of how horribly Michelle Knotz portrayed Misty. I'm really hoping for Rachel to revoice her, I highly doubt it though...but even though under the missile toe was not japanese, I loved even the old combination of Ash and Misty's voice, really gave a good kick to Pokčshipping..

Quote Originally Posted by IcyWish View Post
    You're right! Maybe Ash will actually age instead of endlessly being 10?
    And we'd throw in Pokeshipping hints when necessary, and give the other popular characters that have left the series a cameo for a few episodes?

And I'd love for Misty becoming Ash's main rival. They're both competitive, so I can see that happening. *throws confetti*
    I really don't see why Misty would compete against Ash though. I mean she battled him at the Whirl Cup tournament but that was because her passion is Water-type Pokemon, but I doubt she could leave her Gym that easily anyway, and for her to become Ash's rival wouldn't be romantic enough in my opinion. I'd rather see them together as friends again and get PokeShipping hints that way than see them as rivals all of a sudden.

I guess I'm the odd one out when it comes to Michelle Knotz's performance as Misty in the Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon, Lol. I hated the voice acting in that special, too, but I remember Misty's voice being one of the only ones I remotely liked. Then again it's been ages since I've seen that. I've heard there is a re-dub of it with Sarah Natochenny as Ash (it was Kayzie Rogers in the first dub, if I recall), and I've heard that the voice acting is a lot better in that dub, but, what do I know. Haven't seen that dub.

As for Rachael Lillis voicing Misty again, I actually don't think it's entirely out of the question. She actually did voice Maylene during the Diamond & Pearl saga. She even sounded virtually identical to Misty. I don't think she's voiced any character since then, though, but still.

I really don't see why Misty would compete against Ash though. I mean she battled him at the Whirl Cup tournament but that was because her passion is Water-type Pokemon, but I doubt she could leave her Gym that easily anyway, and for her to become Ash's rival wouldn't be romantic enough in my opinion. I'd rather see them together as friends again and get PokeShipping hints that way than see them as rivals all of a sudden.
    Well, let's say she was able to leave the Gym to go on her own journey. Maybe Daisy had become a competent enough Gym Leader to run it by herself, (as Pokémon Chronicles seems to imply she was at least starting to). Misty decides she wants to enter a league competition to take herself even further as a Trainer, and it happens to be the same one Ash wants to compete in. She starts collecting badges in that region, and one day she meets up with Ash and whoever he's traveling with, they learn they both are both collect badges to compete in this league. They both have been shown to be quite competitive with each other in the past, not just in the Whirl Cup, but in episodes like "The Totodile Duel", "Who Gets to Keep Togepi?" or even "The Water Flowers of Cerulean City", when Ash challenges her for the Cascade Badge. He would be more friendly with her than say, Paul or Gary, but they tend fight with each other a lot even when Pokémon AREN'T involved, so there is plenty of tension to work with. Factor all of those things together, and you get a pretty heated, yet amicable rivalry.

And I'm going to have to respectfully but strongly disagree with Misty being Ash's rival not being romantic enough. Rivals or even enemies becoming lovers or hinted to be romantically inclined is one of the biggest clichés in the book! Just look at the likes of Batman (Bruce Wayne) and Catwoman (Selina Kyle) in certain continuities, or Dante and Trish from the Devil May Cry series. Plus, keep in mind that Pokémon has never been heavily focused on romance on the series overall. Even if the writers did do this, they probably wouldn't be worried about it being romantic enough. In fact, they'd make sure to not make it too romantic. I'd love for Misty to travel with Ash, again, and based how the writers ship (or implied ship) characters, they could make it work, but her being a rival for isn't that out of the blue (they've done way weirder things out of the blue), and I think could work along with PokéShipping if the writers went that route.
    "It's all right, it's all right, it's all right. Yeah, sometimes you gotta lose 'til you win.
    It's all right, it's all right, it's all right. It'll be all right again."

I probably said this because I actually liked Ash and Misty's bickering, so them battling is pretty interesting. I loved the battles they had, and the side comments they used to say to each other. Like in the gym battle, Ash "leave it to a girl to show off her jewelry" or in the whirl cup, and totodile, etc..

I like idea of Misty becoming Ash rival. When you think about it there was always present certain trace of adversary between Ash and Misty when traveling together trying to outplay themselves, brag about skills and took competition very seriously. Whenever battling they felt need to prove to each other who is better , more skilled trainer preserving their reputation(like in Cerulean gym, for Togepi, Totodile, Whirl Cup or in entering races like Alto Mare). They even acted like that in character sense with Misty often inciting Ash up and viceversa of being better trainer or right about something.
    There was often bickering and real arguing involved being more than just friendly teasing with both trying to prove that other side is right. Misty even mentioned few times how she is Ash rival saying words like," first you would need to pass over me in teasing way" etc. Most recent comment paying tribute to their older days and competitive fire between her and Ash happened in Mastermind of mnirage pokemon special saying "how its going to be like in good old days"spuring Ash up getting in small dispute.

Which helped both by inspiring Misty to keep improving,and Ash to bring best out of his pokemon to surface and use them to full potential.

Misty appearing as Ash rival after so much time would be both shocking and enjoyable twist to story being fun to see how those two would act and behave upon discovering this deciding to give it all despite being strong friends, allowing that relationshipo between those two reach new dimension exploring on feelings and chemistry to deeper, more substantial level(like both perhaps struggling in posing sort of obstacle in way of accomplishing their dreams with their admiration and caring side causing selfquestioning of not being sure what to do). It would fit nicely with Misty story too since she wanted to become strongest water trainer in world and this way she could follow Wallace footsteps who also left gym to go on journey to improve skills, enter league becoming champion abnd eventually one of top class water experts.

Definitely has potential imo.

Or she could:
    I know i brought this ip before but imo another very viable option(this one includes becoming semi main character again) could be in Misty talent and expertize being recognized by pokeleague scouts offering her to become E4 member of water pokemon. Makes lot of sense because E4 members are strongest type trainers in world, Misty worships Lorelei wanting to become strong like her and since she wants to be water master and E4 are labelled as mono masters, well you get the picture. Igniting in character fire of going on journey to develop more effective, complex strategies and how to achieve mastery by learning to understand pokemon true nature and inner feelings bonding with them(like manga did with Suicune?).

Taking her down E4 route on special training and entering prestigue tournaments(like expansion from maybe Whirl Cup being related to E4 position) to become Lorelei or some other expert apprentice taking over their place seem like plausible way to rank up as trainer and gets promoted from gym position too.

Leading to meeting up with Ash and both traveling together again supporting themselves in achievement of their dreams and putting to test their friendship, feelings and appreciation existing toward each other.
    . In sense of both allowing that Misty character and story evolves coming closer toward her dreams, while at same time giving to Ash from encounter of E4 members and their repesentatives, evaluators certified by league committee which could test Misty out through various tasks and tournaments gaining invaluable experuence, info on E4 members weakness and strength as well on how whole thing function masking him better prepared and evolve his battle skills to much, much higher level.

Seems like very good way to bring new life to Misty role becoming part of anime again and showing how strong relationship between her and Ash really is.

In both of this cases be it Misty becoming rival or traverling as main companion to try becoming E4 would definitely offer way to see them battle each other, restore relationship with Ash and explore on interactions with other companions building on chemistry and get some quality growth. I could already imagine Ash shock of finding out how he has to battle his best friend either at league or after she eventually gets promoted to E4 position(because his quest implies beating all E4 and champions of every region) and viceversa pushing dynamic betwee him and Misty to whole new level starting to look at each other in different light. In sense of having to put aside their strong bond, differences and concern realizing how eventually they would have to face ewach ther in order to accomplish their dreams(Misty of becoming water master and top water trainer, while Ash of becoming greatest master). With feelings(especially from Misty side getting into way, struggling between her affection toward Ash and desire to achieve her own dreams). Getting into clash, arguing and taking competition very seriously, while being friendly,supportive and caring toward each other having to balance this out. Talking about turmoils going inside character.

This ties with game canon too since Misty game counterpart also left gym to improve skills and battle stronger trainers. Another interesting detail is that game Misty worships E4 Lorelei like Misty in anime does, so her leaving gym in games could imply desire to become something more(like E4). Since in anime she said how she would like to become so strong and prestigue like Lorelei one day too.

Logically Misty wants to become something more than gym leader so leaving it is only natural way of adsvancing forward(like many other experts did)., Which knowing her passion and spirited attitude liking to travel, explore new things and become honored and acknowledged water expert would quickly prompt her to leave gym and hit road again if she finds substitute or one of sisters start being responsible(their csreless attitude is main reason why she even left anbd stayed at gym expressing frustration and desire to travel again in hosos).

Not to mention that way chances of Misty meeting up with Assh again, reviving that spark and arguing when getting on each other nerves, compassion and moral support, sarcastic jabs and competztive fire in both being enthusiasts about battling and being successful would exponentially increase. Because by traveling chances of Misty life path colliding with Ash's is a lot bigger and provide more moments of being together. See them in action together and in what way their dynamic and working toward dreams would flow, thus reflecting how this affects on their friendship.

Than its case currently waiting every 4 years for Pallet reunion which may or may not happen.

Spoiler:- Michelle Knotz:
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 7th March 2014 at 9:52 AM.

I probably said this because I actually liked Ash and Misty's bickering, so them battling is pretty interesting. I loved the battles they had, and the side comments they used to say to each other. Like in the gym battle, Ash "leave it to a girl to show off her jewelry" or in the whirl cup, and totodile, etc..
    I loved seeing them bicker too, but I think they could do that without becoming each other's rival in my opinion. I loved that they got on each other's nerves frequently; that was actually one of my favorite things about PokeShipping since they acted like real kids when they would bicker. That's what I'm looking forward to when they reunite someday. I want them to have friendly moments too, but seeing them argue would be just as fun for me personally lol.

Page 210 of 254 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214220 ... LastLast