Page 212 of 255 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215216222 ... LastLast
Results 5,276 to 5,300 of 6352

Thread: PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pokeshipper9000 View Post
    Don't forget about butterfree, and Rudy and Danny too. Ash did get jealous of them and it was pretty obvious he knew Misty (might) have had been crushing on Danny. And he probably knew that Rudy liked Misty.
    I often wonder if Misty really did like Danny or if she was just impressed with him and had hero worship syndrome or something. I just thought it was weird how she started hanging out with him while Ash struggled to compete in that Gym challenge. I liked how Ash seemed bothered by all the attention Danny was getting though. It was nice to see him being moody about the whole thing and possibly jealous of Danny because of Misty's possible crush on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    I often wonder if Misty really did like Danny or if she was just impressed with him and had hero worship syndrome or something. I just thought it was weird how she started hanging out with him while Ash struggled to compete in that Gym challenge. I liked how Ash seemed bothered by all the attention Danny was getting though. It was nice to see him being moody about the whole thing and possibly jealous of Danny because of Misty's supposed crush on him.
    I don't think Misty actually liked Danny. It was more of a "fangirl" thing. You know? But, it was really cute how it was actually based on Ash's feelings rather than Misty. I loved how he got so jealous lol. And in Misty Meets Her Match xD
    Crazy Shipper|Misty, May, and Drew|Anime Fangirl

She thought he was good-looking and cool; I think she had a crush on him. It's possible to have a crush on someone while being in love with someone else.
    These are my fanfics. Read them. Or not, whatever.
    Pokemon Generations: Satsumi's Journey (Chapter 2 Now Up!)
    My Fanfiction.net Profile

This is my Tumblr. Read it if you are so inclined.
    The Philosophy of Shipping (shipdr.tumblr.com)

Quote Originally Posted by Hakajin View Post
    She thought he was good-looking and cool; I think she had a crush on him. It's possible to have a crush on someone while being in love with someone else.
    That is definitely true.
    Buuuut, she seemed more of a fan girl imo lol

It would have been interesting if the writers didn't decide to dime Poke back down in Johto. But it made sense with what they decided ultimately with the show. Anyway, there wasn't much left to go for the pairing by the end of Orange Islands + movie.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Hakajin View Post
    True, but I think it was just some fangirling thing. Danny even flirted with her and gave her a cute nickname (at least in Japanese, don't know about the English though) and Misty just couldn't resist his charm. It was totally innocent but Ash seemed to think otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    It would have been interesting if the writers didn't decide to dime Poke back down in Johto. But it made sense with what they decided ultimately with the show. Anyway, there wasn't much left to go for the pairing by the end of Orange Islands + movie.
    The movie seemed like it was a whole wrap up to pokeshipping. It seemed to confirm that for anyone who didn't figure it out yet, Misty truly likes Ash, and she's always there for him no matter what. He's her "burden". Gets me Everytime.

The movie seemed like it was a whole wrap up to pokeshipping.
    I didn't see it as a "wrap up" to PokeShipping. We did get more PokeShipping hints in the Johto saga, albeit smaller ones. I think the writers just wanted to make PokeShipping seem more important in the second movie to get people (shippers) more interested, but I don't think it was their last attempt at showing Ash and Misty's relationship. I think they just got distracted later on when Johto started and the hints between Ash and Misty decreased as a result.

I didn't see it as a "wrap up" to PokeShipping. We did get more PokeShipping hints in the Johto saga, albeit smaller ones. I think the writers just wanted to make PokeShipping seem more important in the second movie to get people (shippers) more interested, but I don't think it was their last attempt at showing Ash and Misty's relationship. I think they just got distracted later on when Johto started and the hints between Ash and Misty decreased as a result.
    Well I don't mean it in terms of "ending" it, sort of concluding a point. The point was that no matter what Misty would always have Ash's back even though they always argue. Also, that she does have feelings for him. It summarizes their romance from season 1 till that movie, in my perspective.

I really don't see why Misty would compete against Ash though. I mean she battled him at the Whirl Cup tournament but that was because her passion is Water-type Pokemon, but I doubt she could leave her Gym that easily anyway, and for her to become Ash's rival wouldn't be romantic enough in my opinion. I'd rather see them together as friends again and get PokeShipping hints that way than see them as rivals all of a sudden.
    If anime!Misty becomes like game!Misty, then her goal is battling & beating the strongest trainers. Sooner or later that's gonna involve going through Ash. Sure in theory they could conduct themselves in a civilized manner, but old habits die hard! They'll have plenty of time to kiss & make up (figuratively speaking of course) afterwards.

Perhaps I should point out I didn't really have shipping as my intention behind the rivalry idea. I mainly see it as a way of creating new story opportunities with past characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeachu View Post
    If anime!Misty becomes like game!Misty, then her goal is battling & beating the strongest trainers. Sooner or later that's gonna involve going through Ash. Sure in theory they could conduct themselves in a civilized manner, but old habits die hard! They'll have plenty of time to kiss & make up (figuratively speaking of course) afterwards.

Perhaps I should point out I didn't really have shipping as my intention behind the rivalry idea. I mainly see it as a way of creating new story opportunities with past characters.
    I think it's sort of safe to say that Ash and Misty had, if not a lot, but a hint of rivalry. There was a time where Misty would say that she also wanted to be a pokemon master, and hey, I don't think there could be two. So that sort of does put in competition, but cute competition.

In my opinion Ash and Misty could be considered as some sort of rivals. They clashed in many occassions and they also were very competitive. Ash often wanted to show Misty his talents as a trainer and every time they battled or raced against each other, they were both very determined to win. I found their friendly rivarly rather cute, besides I think it only deepened further their friendship and at the same time they learned a lot of stuff from each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Heiccu View Post
    In my opinion Ash and Misty could be considered as some sort of rivals. They clashed in many occassions and they also were very competitive. Ash often wanted to show Misty his talents as a trainer and every time they battled or raced against each other, they were both very determined to win. I found their friendly rivarly rather cute, besides I think it only deepened further their friendship and at the same time they learned a lot of stuff from each other.
    I 100% agree, they learned stuff from each other. Which, I think is adorable. I wish there was more of that now, but that's the part of my child hood that's washed away.
    By the way, when is the fishing episode going to air?

I didn't see them as rivals per se. I thought they were quite competitive sometimes, but it never developed past a friendly rivalry in my opinion. Misty was usually passionate about things related to Water-type Pokemon hence why she battled Ash over Totodile and at the Whirl Cup tournament imo. Had it not been for her intense interest in Water-types, we may not have gotten those moments between Ash and Misty in Johto.

I agree that they had their moments as rivals in certain situations, and they were always really interesting to watch. After all this time, it might be cool for Misty to come back as a rival for Ash. Not only do they already know each other, but I don't think we've ever really seen the skills Misty has developed since becoming a Gym Leader. She could put her skills to the test, and Ash can show her how much he has improved since she last traveled with him. I think it would bring something new to their relationship with each other, while also allowing them to get to know each other again in a different way. One thing we can always count on Ash to notice is anything pokemon-related - he is always recognizing great trainers and acknowledging their skills. Who knows, Misty might impress him as a rival, and he might wake up and realize some things.

So, does anyone know what the fishing episode is called? I saw that there's one with a magikarp, I seriously hope from there a mega gyradose episode can appear, and they'll have Misty come up with hers. I just want Misty back, for another Ash x Misty interaction. It's been a long time coming.

So, does anyone know what the fishing episode is called? I saw that there's one with a magikarp, I seriously hope from there a mega gyradose episode can appear, and they'll have Misty come up with hers. I just want Misty back, for another Ash x Misty interaction. It's been a long time coming.
    I don't know what it's called but I do know that it involves Magikarp. I've kind of lost hope that there will be any Misty references in that one though. The Misty lure has probably been forgotten about by the writers and I doubt that Ash would mention Misty even if there is a Gyarados in that episode. I'm still holding out hope that they'll meet again in some special episode after XY, so I'm not going to get my hopes up for subtle Misty references in the XY episodes.

I don't know what it's called but I do know that it involves Magikarp. I've kind of lost hope that there will be any Misty references in that one though. The Misty lure has probably been forgotten about by the writers and I doubt that Ash would mention Misty even if there is a Gyarados in that episode. I'm still holding out hope that they'll meet again in some special episode after XY, so I'm not going to get my hopes up for subtle Misty references in the XY episodes.
    I've got to agree about losing hope that Misty will be mentioned in that episode /:
    BUT if she were to be mentioned id want it to go like this.
    Ash mentions something about Misty and her gyrados
    Serena asks "who's Misty?."
    Ash replies, "an old friend."
    Serena says, "hmph. Friend or GIRL friend?"
    And then ash freaks out and blushes as per usual when someone accuses him of liking Misty "what?! No ofcourse not she's just my friend ew!" And Bonnie says, "hmmm you are acting suspicious ash!" And he continues to freak out again while Serena looks at him like she knows he likes her. Lol ahhh. Only if.
    It would benefit pokeshippers and amourshippers because Serena would show jealousy and ash would show that he obviously still thinks about Misty!. Lol
    Last edited by vivalakatie713; 15th March 2014 at 9:04 AM.
    When it rains, look for RAINBOWS. When it's dark, look for STARS. <3
    Lots of love, Katiee <33

The fishing episode is called Fish the golden Koiking! and is scheduled to air in April. I haven't had much hope for 'Misty Special' to appear after DP, even though there might be very good chance for that unless it's again some competition where you're not allowed to use own tools.

Another fishing episode eh? I would think about seeing the lure bring back cameo but I sure wish to see it again if given a chance. I wonder if Ash himself has it in his backpack or something with him even up to this point that he's in Kalos. I wonder where is Misty handkerchief gift to Ash too? But it would be a good chance to think of.
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

|| Multishipper || Bias:鹿晗 || hwaiting! || Inactive||

I actually went back and watched every pokeshipping episodes last night. Even episodes where they would hold each other, like when Misty held on to Ash when they were hanging on to bulbasaur, or when she did the same while opening the door for Jame's growlithe. What can I say xD? Cutest episodes ever. It makes me angry to know how much potential they had that they just threw it away.

Quote Originally Posted by ⊱✿RedAshEntropy View Post
    Another fishing episode eh? I would think about seeing the lure bring back cameo but I sure wish to see it again if given a chance. I wonder if Ash himself has it in his backpack or something with him even up to this point that he's in Kalos. I wonder where is Misty handkerchief gift to Ash too? But it would be a good chance to think of.
    I have no idea where Misty's handkerchief is. I lost track of it, same goes for the Misty lure itself. I'm assuming that Ash might still have it in his backpack or maybe he left it at home. I don't think either item will show up in XY, even though that would be a big PokeShipping hint since it would show that Ash still cares about Misty and carries the gifts from her with him.

I like to think Ash still has either of the items with him and maybe he'd think that having some memento of Misty, he feels that she'll still be with him like he said in 'Gotta Catch ya Later'. Though I sometimes wonder what happened to that handkerchief. In AG Ash used it only once and then the item just disappeared somewhere and we've never seen it again after that :/

I like to think Ash still has either of the items with him and maybe he'd think that having some memento of Misty, he feels that she'll still be with him like he said in 'Gotta Catch ya Later'. Though I sometimes wonder what happened to that handkerchief. In AG Ash used it only once and then the item just disappeared somewhere and we've never seen it again after that :/
    I also want to believe that he cares so deeply about Misty that he would carry her mementos with him, but we likely won't get confirmation about that, at least not until Misty herself shows up and meets up with Ash again in my opinion. If she does then I hope Ash will pull out the lure and handkerchief and show them to her. I hope Misty gets really happy that Ash had her gifts. It would just be nice to see her reaction to that imo.

Speaking of Gotta Catch You Later, can we just talk about how great that episode was? Sure I wanted more, but it was such a great highlight on not just Misty, but on Ash. It actually showed that no matter where Misty is he actually does care about her even though it may not seem like it. I just didn't like the writing. It was too rushed, unexpected and weird imo. I didn't see why Misty didn't have 2 more episodes with her as a final tribute. Instead of like 8 minutes..

Page 212 of 255 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215216222 ... LastLast