Page 213 of 247 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223 ... LastLast
Results 5,301 to 5,325 of 6164

Thread: PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

  1. #5301
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Terminus
    Posts
    40,987

    Default

    I wasn't a fan of Misty's last episode in OS because while it was important, it felt like the writers were just shoving her out of the cast unceremoniously. If they really cared about Misty's legacy on the show, they should've given her at least two episodes like I said before. But alas. There's no use crying over spilled milk I suppose. I just didn't care much for that episode. It made me sad about her leaving which I guess was the point, but it also made me cynical about PokeShipping for a while.

  2. #5302
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Deep (Fried) South
    Posts
    5,074

    Default

    Believe it or not, I've never even seen that episode; I was worried it would depress me too much (when I say I'm an obsessive shipper, I really, really mean it). I did see part of it, though, where Misty actually leaves. Only I could only find it in Dutch. But I really liked the way the Dutch voice actor said "Danke, Ash," at one point. It was very heartfelt.

    Anyway. This is kind of off-topic, but I've been reading the manga version of "Love Com" again, and you guys. If you're not familiar with this manga/anime (the anime has the title "Lovely Complex"), you seriously need to read/watch it. It reminds me so much of Pokeshipping, the way the main characters argue all the time, but then they really end up supporting each other. The plot is a little cliche sometimes, but you don't care, because the characters are just that good. They have such good chemistry, and... I've read a lot of shojo manga. A lot. And it's definitely in my top 3 overall, and #1 for romance. I plugged it a long time ago, but that was before most of you guys were here. So. It's just the best.
    These are my fanfics. Read them. Or not, whatever.
    Pokemon Generations: Satsumi's Journey (new!)
    My Fanfiction.net Profile

    This is my Tumblr. Read it if you are so inclined.
    The Philosophy of Shipping (shipdr.tumblr.com)

  3. #5303
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakajin View Post
    Believe it or not, I've never even seen that episode; I was worried it would depress me too much (when I say I'm an obsessive shipper, I really, really mean it). I did see part of it, though, where Misty actually leaves. Only I could only find it in Dutch. But I really liked the way the Dutch voice actor said "Danke, Ash," at one point. It was very heartfelt.

    Anyway. This is kind of off-topic, but I've been reading the manga version of "Love Com" again, and you guys. If you're not familiar with this manga/anime (the anime has the title "Lovely Complex"), you seriously need to read/watch it. It reminds me so much of Pokeshipping, the way the main characters argue all the time, but then they really end up supporting each other. The plot is a little cliche sometimes, but you don't care, because the characters are just that good. They have such good chemistry, and... I've read a lot of shojo manga. A lot. And it's definitely in my top 3 overall, and #1 for romance. I plugged it a long time ago, but that was before most of you guys were here. So. It's just the best.
    I agree with Lorde, it just wasn't enough. But we got some cute hints in that episode. I thought there should have been a few more episodes with Misty though.

    Anyways, seems really cute/cool. I'll check it out !! Does anyone know japanese who could translate doujinishi? I wanna understand orange mail because it looks like it has the cutest plot lol.
    "Hey Soul! Let's go on a Pokemon Journey!"
    ✿MultiShipper✿Misty,May,&Drew Fan✿Corsola✿Red x Hilda✿
    Supported Ships:
    Ash ♡ Misty, Ash ♡ May, May ♡ Drew, May ♡ Misty, Ash ♡ Gary, Red ♡ Hilda, Conway ♡ Dawn, Dawn ♡ Paul, White ♡ Black (Agencyshipping) Serena ♡ Clemont, Serena ♡ Ash 1 sided
    Quote Originally Posted by zhixun View Post
    Actually I think the term chemistry is quite weird as well. Since chemistry is supposed to be a science subject and should not be used between people.

    Credit for Profile Pic: Ayrafeneres--Check out her shop!

  4. #5304
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Deep (Fried) South
    Posts
    5,074

    Default

    I could try translating for you. It might take me a while, though; my Japanese is only intermediate, so I have to use online dictionaries... but I have no internet at home (always use the library or public wi-fi). But I do need to get back into Japanese, and if someone were counting on me to translate, I'd be much more likely to stick with it.
    These are my fanfics. Read them. Or not, whatever.
    Pokemon Generations: Satsumi's Journey (new!)
    My Fanfiction.net Profile

    This is my Tumblr. Read it if you are so inclined.
    The Philosophy of Shipping (shipdr.tumblr.com)

  5. #5305
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakajin View Post
    I could try translating for you. It might take me a while, though; my Japanese is only intermediate, so I have to use online dictionaries... but I have no internet at home (always use the library or public wi-fi). But I do need to get back into Japanese, and if someone were counting on me to translate, I'd be much more likely to stick with it.
    Could you really do it? If so that would be great! You've heard about orange mail right? If you could translate it can you PM it to me? I'd love to read a good pokeshipping fic. What I love about those doujinishis are the drawings are so accurate that I thought it was an actual script at first.
    "Hey Soul! Let's go on a Pokemon Journey!"
    ✿MultiShipper✿Misty,May,&Drew Fan✿Corsola✿Red x Hilda✿
    Supported Ships:
    Ash ♡ Misty, Ash ♡ May, May ♡ Drew, May ♡ Misty, Ash ♡ Gary, Red ♡ Hilda, Conway ♡ Dawn, Dawn ♡ Paul, White ♡ Black (Agencyshipping) Serena ♡ Clemont, Serena ♡ Ash 1 sided
    Quote Originally Posted by zhixun View Post
    Actually I think the term chemistry is quite weird as well. Since chemistry is supposed to be a science subject and should not be used between people.

    Credit for Profile Pic: Ayrafeneres--Check out her shop!

  6. #5306
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Terminus
    Posts
    40,987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakajin View Post
    Believe it or not, I've never even seen that episode; I was worried it would depress me too much (when I say I'm an obsessive shipper, I really, really mean it).
    That's interesting because my older sister who was an even bigger PokeShipper than me refuses to acknowledge that episode. She said it made her sad and like me, she felt that it undermined PokeShipping since Ash and Misty went their own separate ways. She was really dramatic about it and wanted to pretend that the anime ended with that episode or something like that and to this day I'm not sure if she still ships Ash and Misty. I haven't spoken to her about it in years. :x

  7. #5307
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    On top of a mountain
    Posts
    1,184

    Default

    I cant recall the last time i posted here....I got a LOT to catch up on right? Is there anyone here who posted back in like 2009? ^_^;

    anyhoo, the current topic seems to be gotta catch ya later; the one event that divided the pokemon fanbase like nothing before or since. i hated that so much, i actually gave up on pokemon for a few years, then when in high school and had to get my mind off of issues i was dealing with, i got back into pokemon, but overall, it felt like something was missing. eventually i did get over it, but that was a rough few years for the franchise to me.
    pokemon white friend code
    0647 5096 9579
    Name: Kevin

  8. #5308
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Emperor View Post
    I cant recall the last time i posted here....I got a LOT to catch up on right? Is there anyone here who posted back in like 2009? ^_^;

    anyhoo, the current topic seems to be gotta catch ya later; the one event that divided the pokemon fanbase like nothing before or since. i hated that so much, i actually gave up on pokemon for a few years, then when in high school and had to get my mind off of issues i was dealing with, i got back into pokemon, but overall, it felt like something was missing. eventually i did get over it, but that was a rough few years for the franchise to me.
    Lol I never expected you to post on here xD. But yeah everything went down in gotta catch you later, you started to have WAYYY more ships and more characters, and that did divide the fandom. I got so upset when Misty left, and I felt like pokeshipping was all over. That's what I feel now, but like I feel awful on how great potential this ship had. It was just thrown away.
    "Hey Soul! Let's go on a Pokemon Journey!"
    ✿MultiShipper✿Misty,May,&Drew Fan✿Corsola✿Red x Hilda✿
    Supported Ships:
    Ash ♡ Misty, Ash ♡ May, May ♡ Drew, May ♡ Misty, Ash ♡ Gary, Red ♡ Hilda, Conway ♡ Dawn, Dawn ♡ Paul, White ♡ Black (Agencyshipping) Serena ♡ Clemont, Serena ♡ Ash 1 sided
    Quote Originally Posted by zhixun View Post
    Actually I think the term chemistry is quite weird as well. Since chemistry is supposed to be a science subject and should not be used between people.

    Credit for Profile Pic: Ayrafeneres--Check out her shop!

  9. #5309
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Because there was so much talking about Gotta catch ya Later, I watched it in Japanese yesterday. I prefer the original version over the dub version because I find it much more emotional for its very beautiful background music. Besides, I really hate that Misty's goodbye song. It's absolutely horrible and made PokeShipping too forced in my opinion. Even though in original version those flashbacks weren't that shipping-oriented, it still tells how much Misty treasures all those moments while travelling with Ash. Misty's leaving might have been very sudden but what can you do when you just get noticed that your sisters are leaving and you need to come back as quickly as possible. And if Misty's leaving vas too quick, you should watch the episode where Cilan and Iris leave Ash. They just get to Kanto and they hang out for a little while there and then Cilan just blurts out he's going to Hoenn for a fishing competition, just like that.

  10. #5310
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    On top of a mountain
    Posts
    1,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokeshipper9000 View Post
    Lol I never expected you to post on here xD. But yeah everything went down in gotta catch you later, you started to have WAYYY more ships and more characters, and that did divide the fandom. I got so upset when Misty left, and I felt like pokeshipping was all over. That's what I feel now, but like I feel awful on how great potential this ship had. It was just thrown away.
    is it really that big a shock im posting here? i posted all the time back when i started on here. Im not gonna go into why i stopped, but i just want to share my thoughts on pokeshipping now, and thats the important thing here.

    to me, the reason misty leaving hit so hard, besides that we had a whole 5 years to get attached to her is it came out of nowhere. rmember, back in 2003, the internet was still young, smartphones were nonexistant, and there werent pokefan sites all over the place like today. I found out about mistys departutre on kids WB, when they showed a preview for pokemon advanced, with ash and may, but misty nowhere to be seen. in fact, when i saw that, one thought i had was that ash and misty would admit their love in their last episode together, but nope, just a tease. a tease that burned a lot of passionate fans, and resulted in pokeshippers getting the unfortunate, but earned, reputation of elitist. anyone on these forums during that time will tell you about it. hell, i was among the worst offenders. but what do you expect when passionate fans get hurt like that? pokemon has one of the most dedicated fanbases in the gaming industry, and in pokemons case, it spread out to more than just games, it was everywhere after all, with the anime being second only to the games in terms of how much their loved by fans. so when something sudden like this happens, people get angry, and pokeshippers took that frustration out on other fans who were more willing or able to handle the change. it wasnt until the start of gen 4 that most pokeshippers began to mellow out.

    i still feel mistys leaving couldve been handled better, but looking back on it, its not as earth-shattering as i thought back then. also remember, the anime is essentially an advertisement for the games, so the show had to change to reflect the things in the game. in the beginning, they didnt know pokemon would become what it did, so in the beginning, they just kinda winged it, making misty and brock ash's companions when that doesnt happen in the games, and because pokemon became so popular, no one minded. and because it became so popular, it kinda bit them in the butt later when they decided to make the desicions they made.
    pokemon white friend code
    0647 5096 9579
    Name: Kevin

  11. #5311
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    865

    Default

    I see

    And as for what happened back then, I don't really remember the promo for gotta catch you later, I was young so I just remember "back to gym this, gym that" I do remember how upset I got when the show changed to a whole new level. I was a HUGE misty fan and seeing my favorite character leave wasn't pretty. And episode 275 was rushed. Yeah, it was the best companion departure episode, but it could've gone out more flexibly. Out of all the ships, I felt that pokeshipping was unique. I thought they would get together for sure, like other TV shows when in the end they end up together. Not by them deciding to replace the female protagonist and start over. Over all interactions is what I miss the most.
    "Hey Soul! Let's go on a Pokemon Journey!"
    ✿MultiShipper✿Misty,May,&Drew Fan✿Corsola✿Red x Hilda✿
    Supported Ships:
    Ash ♡ Misty, Ash ♡ May, May ♡ Drew, May ♡ Misty, Ash ♡ Gary, Red ♡ Hilda, Conway ♡ Dawn, Dawn ♡ Paul, White ♡ Black (Agencyshipping) Serena ♡ Clemont, Serena ♡ Ash 1 sided
    Quote Originally Posted by zhixun View Post
    Actually I think the term chemistry is quite weird as well. Since chemistry is supposed to be a science subject and should not be used between people.

    Credit for Profile Pic: Ayrafeneres--Check out her shop!

  12. #5312
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Croatia.
    Posts
    2,051

    Default

    I can definitely understand disappintment and frustration many of you had when Misty left and whole "Gotta Catch Ya Later" episode. Back than smart phones, tablet PC's, ipods weren't even developed yet. Many people didn't even used internet with Misty departure coming of as even bigger shock and completely out of blue for them. Finding out about it through TV when last episode of her run as main character aired.

    Not to mention whole plotline through which Misty left was completely abrupt and forced with no foreshadowing or any sense of closure being provided. Being basically only travel companion which was forced to leave Ash against her will due to gym left unantended and sisters asking for her assistance. Something Misty was clearly indisposed rather wanting to stay with Ash, continue exploring on world, new pokemon and pursue her own dreams of becoming water master and strongest water trainer in world(one of reasons she left gym to go on journey in first place).

    From romance aspect both Japanese and dub version from what i noticed showed how Misty was very attached to her friends, especially Ash with cognition of her character harboring something deeper than just platonic friendship toward Ash becoming quite evident.

    Dub version only taken Misty subtle expressions and affection to higher level through addition of her song which imo only made things even sadder than they already were.

    Like Chaos Emperor already brought up "Gotta Catch Ya Later" marking end for Misty character in main series, cutting in middle her development as person and trainer, her own dreams and relationship she had with Ash was trigger which heavily divided pokemon fanbase.

    Resulting in biggest backlash and massive amount of complaints and frustration which never happened for any other character both before and after Misty leaving. Which only shows how much fans grew attached to Misty.

    Were able to relate themselves to her outspoken, passionate nature, root for her to succeed in becoming renowned and honored master of water pokemon one day like her idol Lorelei(Prima of E4)and waited for character to become more open in expressing her feelings and thoughts. Like in Ash case and if whole interest toward him will pay of eventually.
    Wanting to see if love subplot might be more exploited leading them somewhere eventually.

    It was in my honest opinion mistake and disappointment to see highly interesting and memorable character like Misty leave cast bringing lot of comedy, fierce clash and sarcastic inputs making chemistry much more spicy and endearing with her around.
    Along with leaving lot more to be desired with her goal and love for water types related in learning how to understand their feelings to deepest level mastering use , background and various motives we learned about character during journey ending unfinished and unexplored .

    But also whole romance angle and interest toward main protagonist and plots of story having massive potential and lot of space to go further. With complexity of her character reaching certain level of maturity which allows for more meaningful build of interactions and entering harder challenger in her own trainer career due to overcoming rudimentary growth.

    With writers leaving everything open after departure and undefined about her future,own dreams and ambitions. With many still demanding Misty return to main cast because of unfinished story, open relationship wih main protagonist, unfinished goals accompanied with her own personal issues she didn't overcome.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 16th March 2014 at 6:51 PM.

  13. #5313
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    865

    Default

    That's what I wanted to say, or at least, wanting to hear. That's the problem. There was no foreshadowing that Misty would leave. It just happened out of nowhere, right in the beginning of the episode. You'd think they would go to Viridian City to have fun, relax, then go back to Pallet and learn more about Hoenn and leave TOGETHER. But unfortunatley, that's not what happened. Misty's sisters randomly called demanding her back end which destroyed mine and her life. I mean, we all know it's pretty obvious Misty likes Ash. So, wouldn't it suck to never see (or rarely) the guy/girl of your dreams, having to return back at a gym WHERE YOU FIRST RAN AWAY FROM? So, they just brutally handled Misty imo.

    But, I still don't give up hope. I honestly think Ash and Misty will reunite, and if the show ever does end they would end up together. It's hard for many of you, who's been shipping them for like 16 [almost 17 years] and not seeing them together. I don't really remember my shipping expectations, because I was too young to remember but...I think everyone did expect Ash and Misty to end up together at the end of the pokemon series before she left the show. I don't even recall thinking Pokemon would still go on. No one really did, maybe at 5 years at max.

    Anyways, all I have left is: a) that magikarp episode (she may either be mentioned or hopefully will appear with a kickbutt gyradose that's mega, all though the chances are extremely low b) return with all of the other pokegirls for the 20th anniversary. (we may not have hints in general, but ash x misty interaction is all I need for now. sucks that I'm greedy) or c) the last resort to wait for Ash to finally return from the Kalos league and Misty would appear there, or he could just visit her.

    Now, some people say "Misty can't visit Ash because of her sisters. It's impossible" because that's what I hear as often, but it's not impossible. In The Scheme Team! how did she get there? Her sisters obviously let her because she didn't sneak out. However, I would prefer Ash to come and visit Misty. Why? Well, if he actually did care about her...it wouldn't hurt to at least drop in and say hi. Pewter City and Cerulean city are the closest cities to him other than Viridian, and I assume on his way back to Pallet he'd stop by at Cerulean. I doubt he will now, since, oddly there are planes in the show (well, I can't say it's odd because he's on the other side of the world. But, I mean...I feel like it's not the need for him to rush and leave so fast.

    I know the odds are low for it to happen, but hey..who says it can't happen? I just miss those old episodes with Ash and Misty, Ash and Misty traveling, them in their old clothes, their old voices, their old eyes xD. I guess that's what made their pairing so compatible along with their chemistry sparking up.
    "Hey Soul! Let's go on a Pokemon Journey!"
    ✿MultiShipper✿Misty,May,&Drew Fan✿Corsola✿Red x Hilda✿
    Supported Ships:
    Ash ♡ Misty, Ash ♡ May, May ♡ Drew, May ♡ Misty, Ash ♡ Gary, Red ♡ Hilda, Conway ♡ Dawn, Dawn ♡ Paul, White ♡ Black (Agencyshipping) Serena ♡ Clemont, Serena ♡ Ash 1 sided
    Quote Originally Posted by zhixun View Post
    Actually I think the term chemistry is quite weird as well. Since chemistry is supposed to be a science subject and should not be used between people.

    Credit for Profile Pic: Ayrafeneres--Check out her shop!

  14. #5314
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Terminus
    Posts
    40,987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemon fan 132 View Post
    I can definitely understand disappintment and frustration many of you had when Misty left and whole "Gotta Catch Ya Later" episode. Back than smart phones, tablet PC's, ipods weren't even developed yet. Many people didn't even used internet with Misty departure coming of as even bigger shock and completely out of blue for them. Finding out about it through TV when last episode of her run as main character aired.
    Yeah I was surprised when that episode aired since it started out like an ordinary episode and then went in a totally different direction in the middle and then I realized that Misty was likely gonna leave the show in that episode. I still clung to false hope that it was just a tease and that she would decide to continue traveling with Ash at the very end, but she left and I was depressed. It was such a sudden thing.

  15. #5315
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    865

    Default

    Also, I want to talk about another episode that is rarely brought up. That is: The legend of the dratini. I just watched that episode for the first time today, and wow there are some good hints there. Ash as usual wants to go and risk his life to save pokemon into a lake where team rocket had thrown a bomb in. Scared, Misty grabs a hold of his arm and doesn't let him leave. He tells her that he's going to be okay and she says "where does all this confidence come from?" and he reassures her again and says "I told you Misty, the good guys always wins." She then stops arguing with him about risking his life and let's go of him. She even offers to give him her Staryu to take with him, which he did. I thought that was such a significant hint proving that they care about each other. Once he and Dratini flies out of the water, she looks at Ash in admiration and blushes. I can't believe I never saw this episode considering it was banned.
    Last edited by OfCorsola; 16th March 2014 at 10:20 PM.
    "Hey Soul! Let's go on a Pokemon Journey!"
    ✿MultiShipper✿Misty,May,&Drew Fan✿Corsola✿Red x Hilda✿
    Supported Ships:
    Ash ♡ Misty, Ash ♡ May, May ♡ Drew, May ♡ Misty, Ash ♡ Gary, Red ♡ Hilda, Conway ♡ Dawn, Dawn ♡ Paul, White ♡ Black (Agencyshipping) Serena ♡ Clemont, Serena ♡ Ash 1 sided
    Quote Originally Posted by zhixun View Post
    Actually I think the term chemistry is quite weird as well. Since chemistry is supposed to be a science subject and should not be used between people.

    Credit for Profile Pic: Ayrafeneres--Check out her shop!

  16. #5316
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    On top of a mountain
    Posts
    1,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokeshipper9000 View Post
    Also, I want to talk about another episode that is rarely brought up. That is: The legend of the dratini. I just watched that episode for the first time today, and wow there are some good hints there. Ash as usual wants to go and risk his life to save pokemon into a lake where team rocket had thrown a bomb in. Scared, Misty grabs a hold of his arm and doesn't let him leave. He tells her that he's going to be okay and she says "where does all this confidence come from?" and he reassures her again and says "I told you Misty, the good guys always wins." She then stops arguing with him about risking his life and let's go of him. She even offers to give him her Staryu to take with him, which he did. I thought that was such a significant hint proving that they care about each other. Once he and Dratini flies out of the water, she looks at Ash in admiration and blushes. I can't believe I never saw this episode considering it was banned.
    its not brought up much because it was banned, meaning most people never saw it or even remember that it exists. its also why people were so confused about how ash pulls 30 tauros out of thin air later on.
    pokemon white friend code
    0647 5096 9579
    Name: Kevin

  17. #5317
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Emperor View Post
    its not brought up much because it was banned, meaning most people never saw it or even remember that it exists. its also why people were so confused about how ash pulls 30 tauros out of thin air later on.
    True, I remembered that episode being banned but I never actually got to watch it. Its pretty interesting to see Misty react like that. Usually when he does do stuff like that she says no but I liked how she just charges on him not to. Or how in location unknown she immediately grabs on to his leg so he wouldn't be taken in. Pretty cool interactions and one of my favorite hints IMO
    "Hey Soul! Let's go on a Pokemon Journey!"
    ✿MultiShipper✿Misty,May,&Drew Fan✿Corsola✿Red x Hilda✿
    Supported Ships:
    Ash ♡ Misty, Ash ♡ May, May ♡ Drew, May ♡ Misty, Ash ♡ Gary, Red ♡ Hilda, Conway ♡ Dawn, Dawn ♡ Paul, White ♡ Black (Agencyshipping) Serena ♡ Clemont, Serena ♡ Ash 1 sided
    Quote Originally Posted by zhixun View Post
    Actually I think the term chemistry is quite weird as well. Since chemistry is supposed to be a science subject and should not be used between people.

    Credit for Profile Pic: Ayrafeneres--Check out her shop!

  18. #5318
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    57

    Default

    It's been a while since the last time I watched the Legend of Dratini. That kind of moments when Ash and Misty show extreme concern towards each other are my absokute favourite ones.And especially scenes where Ash grabs Misty to prevent her from getting in danger are too great service to resist. For example that one Hoppip-episode in which Ash grabbed Misty by her waist.

  19. #5319
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heiccu View Post
    It's been a while since the last time I watched the Legend of Dratini. That kind of moments when Ash and Misty show extreme concern towards each other are my absokute favourite ones.And especially scenes where Ash grabs Misty to prevent her from getting in danger are too great service to resist. For example that one Hoppip-episode in which Ash grabbed Misty by her waist.
    I know right? I love how Misty was so concerned for him almost blowing up in the water. And, are you talking about the part when he helps her fish? If I'm wrong, please correct me. I'm still surprised I saw a new pokeshipping moment (not new, but new too me.)
    "Hey Soul! Let's go on a Pokemon Journey!"
    ✿MultiShipper✿Misty,May,&Drew Fan✿Corsola✿Red x Hilda✿
    Supported Ships:
    Ash ♡ Misty, Ash ♡ May, May ♡ Drew, May ♡ Misty, Ash ♡ Gary, Red ♡ Hilda, Conway ♡ Dawn, Dawn ♡ Paul, White ♡ Black (Agencyshipping) Serena ♡ Clemont, Serena ♡ Ash 1 sided
    Quote Originally Posted by zhixun View Post
    Actually I think the term chemistry is quite weird as well. Since chemistry is supposed to be a science subject and should not be used between people.

    Credit for Profile Pic: Ayrafeneres--Check out her shop!

  20. #5320
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Terminus
    Posts
    40,987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heiccu View Post
    It's been a while since the last time I watched the Legend of Dratini. That kind of moments when Ash and Misty show extreme concern towards each other are my absokute favourite ones.And especially scenes where Ash grabs Misty to prevent her from getting in danger are too great service to resist. For example that one Hoppip-episode in which Ash grabbed Misty by her waist.
    I watched the episode recently and aside from Misty grabbing hold of Ash to prevent him from jumping into the water, I didn't think it was that great in terms of PokeShipping hints. It was a standard OS episode at the very least imo, but I enjoyed it for other reasons. I also watched the banned Porygon episode a few months back, but I was too focused on the action to pay attention to Ash and Misty's interactions in that one. I feel kind of bad for neglecting that. :x

  21. #5321
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    I watched the episode recently and aside from Misty grabbing hold of Ash to prevent him from jumping into the water, I didn't think it was that great in terms of PokeShipping hints. It was a standard OS episode at the very least imo, but I enjoyed it for other reasons. I also watched the banned Porygon episode a few months back, but I was too focused on the action to pay attention to Ash and Misty's interactions in that one. I feel kind of bad for neglecting that. :x
    Well, I think the big hint was Misty's part imo. They had cute interactions in there though. Usually, when Ash does something like that...I've never saw Misty react like that. She gets worried, but there, she didn't want him to do anything like that. It was an urge to save him..
    "Hey Soul! Let's go on a Pokemon Journey!"
    ✿MultiShipper✿Misty,May,&Drew Fan✿Corsola✿Red x Hilda✿
    Supported Ships:
    Ash ♡ Misty, Ash ♡ May, May ♡ Drew, May ♡ Misty, Ash ♡ Gary, Red ♡ Hilda, Conway ♡ Dawn, Dawn ♡ Paul, White ♡ Black (Agencyshipping) Serena ♡ Clemont, Serena ♡ Ash 1 sided
    Quote Originally Posted by zhixun View Post
    Actually I think the term chemistry is quite weird as well. Since chemistry is supposed to be a science subject and should not be used between people.

    Credit for Profile Pic: Ayrafeneres--Check out her shop!

  22. #5322
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    California<3
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    I also want to believe that he cares so deeply about Misty that he would carry her mementos with him, but we likely won't get confirmation about that, at least not until Misty herself shows up and meets up with Ash again in my opinion. If she does then I hope Ash will pull out the lure and handkerchief and show them to her. I hope Misty gets really happy that Ash had her gifts. It would just be nice to see her reaction to that imo.
    I do think he does carry them with him. It'd just be nice to get confirmation. The writters need to throw us a bone!. Honestly, I was shocked in DP when he pulled out the lure. It had been so long since she'd been on the show, I was so surprised that the writters included her at all and it was so random!. It gave me hope, because it goes to show that the writters still made sure we knew that Ash's still thinks about Misty.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hakajin View Post
    Anyway. This is kind of off-topic, but I've been reading the manga version of "Love Com" again, and you guys. If you're not familiar with this manga/anime (the anime has the title "Lovely Complex"), you seriously need to read/watch it. It reminds me so much of Pokeshipping
    OHMYGOSH!!. I loveeeee Lovely Complex!!. & it has always always always reminded me of pokeshipping so so much!. Like I almost feel like it was inspired by pokeshipping that's how much it reminds me of it!. I HAVE to read it again even though I've read it like 100 times lol!. & I feel like if Ash and Misty dated they'd act just like them!.


    Quote Originally Posted by Heiccu View Post
    Besides, I really hate that Misty's goodbye song. It's absolutely horrible and made PokeShipping too forced in my opinion.
    I disagree. I loved Mistys goodbye song. I thought it was adorable!. I love when she goes "your more than my bestfriend" ahhhh.
    I cried lol, I still cry.



    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Emperor View Post
    to me, the reason misty leaving hit so hard, besides that we had a whole 5 years to get attached to her is it came out of nowhere. rmember, back in 2003, the internet was still young, smartphones were nonexistant, and there werent pokefan sites all over the place like today. I found out about mistys departutre on kids WB, when they showed a preview for pokemon advanced, with ash and may, but misty nowhere to be seen. in fact, when i saw that, one thought i had was that ash and misty would admit their love in their last episode together, but nope, just a tease.
    YES!. She was there for so long, much longer than any of the other pokegirls. I remember seeing the preview also for advanced. I remember thinking, "That's weird...I wonder where Misty is." I had at first thought that she just wasn't shown in the preview lol. But then when the episode had come, I had realized "OMG she's LEAVING?!." But then I almost got excited because the writers made it seem like it was only going to be temporary at the time, and I had also thought they were going to confess their love for each other. But BOY was that bubble bursted. I did not like that episode too much. It was too rushed and too out of nowhere. The only part I LOVED is when she was riding away on her bike and said "now I know how you really feel about me". You can interpret that however you want too, but I interpret it as her realizing he likes her back, and cares about her too. I also loved that it was by FAR the most emotional goodbye ash had to any pokegirl, he didn't cry with anyone else.

    I also never understood why they kept Brock around for so long, (I loved Brock to death don't get me wrong) but couldn't have Misty around too. Like their could be two pokegirls at once. It would be interesting. And Misty was way more popular than Brock. I still think they should do the two pokegirls at once thing with Misty and someone else!.

    I don't think they have to follow the games completely.. I mean people would still buy the games whether the anime is exactly the same or not. I know I would.


    Quote Originally Posted by Pokeshipper9000 View Post
    But, I still don't give up hope. I honestly think Ash and Misty will reunite, and if the show ever does end they would end up together. It's hard for many of you, who's been shipping them for like 16 [almost 17 years] and not seeing them together. I don't really remember my shipping expectations, because I was too young to remember but...I think everyone did expect Ash and Misty to end up together at the end of the pokemon series before she left the show. I don't even recall thinking Pokemon would still go on. No one really did, maybe at 5 years at max.
    I am a huge believer that when the series eventually ends, or that they have a new main character other than Ash, ash and Misty will end up together. Or they will admit their feelings too each other. It's the perfect way to end it. Bring ash back to who he started with. I want them to admit their feelings too each other in the same place that Misty fished him up ahhhh <333
    When it rains, look for RAINBOWS. When it's dark, look for STARS. <3
    Lots of love, Katiee <33


  23. #5323
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Deep (Fried) South
    Posts
    5,074

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Emperor View Post
    is it really that big a shock im posting here? i posted all the time back when i started on here. Im not gonna go into why i stopped, but i just want to share my thoughts on pokeshipping now, and thats the important thing here.

    to me, the reason misty leaving hit so hard, besides that we had a whole 5 years to get attached to her is it came out of nowhere. rmember, back in 2003, the internet was still young, smartphones were nonexistant, and there werent pokefan sites all over the place like today. I found out about mistys departutre on kids WB, when they showed a preview for pokemon advanced, with ash and may, but misty nowhere to be seen. in fact, when i saw that, one thought i had was that ash and misty would admit their love in their last episode together, but nope, just a tease. a tease that burned a lot of passionate fans, and resulted in pokeshippers getting the unfortunate, but earned, reputation of elitist. anyone on these forums during that time will tell you about it. hell, i was among the worst offenders. but what do you expect when passionate fans get hurt like that? pokemon has one of the most dedicated fanbases in the gaming industry, and in pokemons case, it spread out to more than just games, it was everywhere after all, with the anime being second only to the games in terms of how much their loved by fans. so when something sudden like this happens, people get angry, and pokeshippers took that frustration out on other fans who were more willing or able to handle the change. it wasnt until the start of gen 4 that most pokeshippers began to mellow out.

    i still feel mistys leaving couldve been handled better, but looking back on it, its not as earth-shattering as i thought back then. also remember, the anime is essentially an advertisement for the games, so the show had to change to reflect the things in the game. in the beginning, they didnt know pokemon would become what it did, so in the beginning, they just kinda winged it, making misty and brock ash's companions when that doesnt happen in the games, and because pokemon became so popular, no one minded. and because it became so popular, it kinda bit them in the butt later when they decided to make the desicions they made.
    Hey! Good to see you! I posted on your wall, so I'll just comment on what you said here.

    That's the same way I found out she was leaving! It was on March 15; I remember, because that's the Ides of March, and that seemed significant somehow. You know, like "beware the Ides of March?" I wrote about it in my journal. I cried a little bit... but you know, it didn't really hit me until later. At first, I kept hoping that Misty would show up later in the season. I thought I was deluding myself, which I was. But then it seemed funny, later, when Brock DID come back. I was like, well, guess it wasn't that much of a stretch, after all.

    I think you're right about a lot of us getting super attached to Misty because she was on the show for 5 years. I think that's why some people, including me, tend to get stuck on ships from childhood. When you get older, shows don't run that long. And romantic subplots actually GO somewhere, so you don't have to make stuff up for yourself. A lot of shipping is driven by wish-fulfillment... The way it started with me was, I noticed something between the characters, and it made me feel happy. So then I started thinking about what could happen between them next episode, and that made me happy, too. So I kept doing it. Later, I started thinking of scenarios that were way too dramatic for the show, because it was more about the feeling. And of course, the more you obsess about something like that, the more emotionally involved you become, and the more of a habit it becomes... When you tell people that you're obsessed with a romantic relationship from a children's cartoon you watched 15 years ago, it sounds weird, but when you step back and look at how it happens, it makes perfect sense.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokeshipper9000
    Could you really do it? If so that would be great! You've heard about orange mail right? If you could translate it can you PM it to me? I'd love to read a good pokeshipping fic. What I love about those doujinishis are the drawings are so accurate that I thought it was an actual script at first.
    Sure! Haven't heard of it, but I'm sure I could find it. It might take me a while, though; I've translated some fanart before, and some one-shot manga from manga magazines like "Bessatsu Margarette." One of those might take me a week or two... because if I do too much at once I start getting sloppy, wanting to hurry it up. And not having internet at home makes it take longer, of course.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde
    That's interesting because my older sister who was an even bigger PokeShipper than me refuses to acknowledge that episode. She said it made her sad and like me, she felt that it undermined PokeShipping since Ash and Misty went their own separate ways. She was really dramatic about it and wanted to pretend that the anime ended with that episode or something like that and to this day I'm not sure if she still ships Ash and Misty. I haven't spoken to her about it in years. :x
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokeshipper9000
    That's what I wanted to say, or at least, wanting to hear. That's the problem. There was no foreshadowing that Misty would leave. It just happened out of nowhere, right in the beginning of the episode. You'd think they would go to Viridian City to have fun, relax, then go back to Pallet and learn more about Hoenn and leave TOGETHER. But unfortunatley, that's not what happened. Misty's sisters randomly called demanding her back end which destroyed mine and her life. I mean, we all know it's pretty obvious Misty likes Ash. So, wouldn't it suck to never see (or rarely) the guy/girl of your dreams, having to return back at a gym WHERE YOU FIRST RAN AWAY FROM? So, they just brutally handled Misty imo.
    Sounds like a lot of us took/take Pokeshipping really seriously. It seems to be a ship a lot of people got obsessed with. Which makes me think that there really was chemistry there, something written into the characters, and not something we just made up. As for Misty leaving... Well, at least it wasn't like "Digimon!" When I found out how the ships in that series worked out, I was like, damn, sure am glad I never really watched it, because I would've gotten my heart broken.

    Quote Originally Posted by vivalakatie713
    OHMYGOSH!!. I loveeeee Lovely Complex!!. & it has always always always reminded me of pokeshipping so so much!. Like I almost feel like it was inspired by pokeshipping that's how much it reminds me of it!. I HAVE to read it again even though I've read it like 100 times lol!. & I feel like if Ash and Misty dated they'd act just like them!.
    This just makes me happy.
    These are my fanfics. Read them. Or not, whatever.
    Pokemon Generations: Satsumi's Journey (new!)
    My Fanfiction.net Profile

    This is my Tumblr. Read it if you are so inclined.
    The Philosophy of Shipping (shipdr.tumblr.com)

  24. #5324
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    865

    Default

    Guess there are still obsessive shippers left, yeah! I miss them a lot, because their chemistry was just too powerful. Ides of March, haha I love that! That perfectly describes the situation. Anyways, before anyone says we had enough for the goodbye episodes, the reason why is it wasn't enough. I mean, she was the first pokegirl to leave, and we didn't want her to leave or we never knew she was going to leave. So obviously we expected more. I also like the idea of two pokegirls. It wouldn't hurt to have May and Max come along with the three. I could just imagine Misty and Brock coming along with Ash during that cruise, then arriving to Hoenn and then that's where they meet May. Misty and May would've clicked, and I'm pretty sure May would have picked on the Ash/Misty dynamic.

    Also, if you need the link to Orange Mail, let me know! No need to rush yourself...but thank you so much for doing this! :3
    "Hey Soul! Let's go on a Pokemon Journey!"
    ✿MultiShipper✿Misty,May,&Drew Fan✿Corsola✿Red x Hilda✿
    Supported Ships:
    Ash ♡ Misty, Ash ♡ May, May ♡ Drew, May ♡ Misty, Ash ♡ Gary, Red ♡ Hilda, Conway ♡ Dawn, Dawn ♡ Paul, White ♡ Black (Agencyshipping) Serena ♡ Clemont, Serena ♡ Ash 1 sided
    Quote Originally Posted by zhixun View Post
    Actually I think the term chemistry is quite weird as well. Since chemistry is supposed to be a science subject and should not be used between people.

    Credit for Profile Pic: Ayrafeneres--Check out her shop!

  25. #5325
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    California<3
    Posts
    80

    Default

    I think it would be cool if after Kalos, Ash went back to the Kanto region to re battle all of the gym leaders and enter the pokemon league there again. I think it would be quite interesting if he went back to his home region, and battled old gym leaders, and see how'd he do now against them. (He didn't do very well with some gym leaders) and that way when he gets to Cerulean he can battle Misty (; LOL it'd be the perfect little scenario!. Like Ash can stop outside of the cerulean gym and say, "Pikachu, guess who we are seeing today?."
    And pikachu can get all excited and what not lol.
    Then he walks in and sees Misty battling and admires how strong she has gotten, and watch her as she beats the trainer she was battling. Then she sees ash and is like "Ash!!. What are you doing here????" Then she gets all happy, they battle , Ash wins. And thennnn Misty leaves with ash for the rest of his journey duh lol!!.
    When it rains, look for RAINBOWS. When it's dark, look for STARS. <3
    Lots of love, Katiee <33


Page 213 of 247 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •