Page 214 of 255 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214215216217218224 ... LastLast
Results 5,326 to 5,350 of 6353

Thread: PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

There always have been and always will be obsessive shipping, I think, not just limited to Pokeshipping. Although some ships kind of attract it, especially long-running ones with no resolution. Like, I adore the main pairing in "Lovely Complex" (sorry, I don't mean to keep pushing it, I just read it recently!), and it's definitely something I could have become obsessed with. But there's a focus on the romance, and you know it's going to work out. So there's no need. You read/watch it, feel really good about it, and then you put it down, come back to it years later. The truth is... part of why I want Pokeshipping to work out so much is so I can let it go. Lately I've been more focused on my other ship, but sometimes, when I'm focused on Pokeshipping, it feels kind of like trying to fill a hole. And I'm worried that I'll always compare it to my real life, because it's like I'm already in love with something, and... hey, that reminds me, I started a tumblr about obsessive shipping, if anyone's interested: http://shipdr.tumblr.com/. Should put that in my sig. Haven't updated in forever, but if I had people actually reading it, I probably would. Anyway, yeah, I'd like for Pokeshipping to be resolved with me so I could move on.

Anyway, yeah, I like that scenario. I've always liked May as a matchmaker.

Yeah, I think I will need the link. No problem; like I said, it's mutually beneficial.
    Last edited by Hakajin; 20th March 2014 at 1:22 AM.
    These are my fanfics. Read them. Or not, whatever.
    Pokemon Generations: Satsumi's Journey (Chapter 2 Now Up!)
    My Fanfiction.net Profile

This is my Tumblr. Read it if you are so inclined.
    The Philosophy of Shipping (shipdr.tumblr.com)

I read your blog. Seemed like a lot on your mind, I have to say I completely agree. I am also obsessed with this ship that I even get butterflies. You should put it as your signature. Even if it isn't updated it seemed very clear. I wouldn't have been so obsessed till now if they hadn't just thrown away pokeshipping. Anyways, yeah I wish Misty came along. I could also see Misty hooking up May and Drew just like she was doing in Where thou art pokemon.
    Crazy Shipper|Misty, May, and Drew|Anime Fangirl

Quote Originally Posted by Pokeshipper9000 View Post
    I read your blog. Seemed like a lot on your mind, I have to say I completely agree. I am also obsessed with this ship that I even get butterflies. You should put it as your signature. Even if it isn't updated it seemed very clear. I wouldn't have been so obsessed till now if they hadn't just thrown away pokeshipping. Anyways, yeah I wish Misty came along. I could also see Misty hooking up May and Drew just like she was doing in Where thou art pokemon.
    Thanks! Haha, yeah, I'm always obsessing over existential problems that wouldn't cause any problem if I didn't think about them. Oh, yeah, I could see Misty playing matchmaker for them, too. She'd probably sympathize with May a lot, since the two ships are kind of similar. Oh, and I still need that link! I'm looking forward to translating, actually.

I understand what you mean haha. It would be interesting if May and Misty interacted more. I feel like it could have led way more pokeshipping hints then even the orange island arc tbh. Also, here is the link I found. Thanks so much!

I'm not big on shipping groups, but I do respect people's interest. I was never into Ash+Misty's relationship when I was young, but I did have a feeling that there's something between these two. The reason why I'm not big on shipping is because of comparisons that it leads to these fights on the internet that it gives shippers a bad name, I don't find them bad people but every fan base has it's obsessed/mean ones. As of course I understand that by reading Hakajin's tumblr, don't worry I don't go into arguments with them. I didn't even know about Misty's departure from the series in 2003 as I grew out of Pokemon then and discovered that episode one night on TV six years later and I thought that was the end of Pokemon, until I saw 'Hoenn Alone' and then some random AG episode, but I didn't hate it I just didn't care for it then (AG). I've seen some of the AG, DP and of course BW episodes now and it's not that bad, yes I think BW is really not bad but it wasn't great.

I do wish though we have more development from Misty when it comes to her purpose. Why does she want to become Water Pokemon Master? and Why does she hate bugs? It would've strengthen her character more, like Dawn, May and Iris' backstories. I don't read a lot of Pokeshipping fan fiction but there is one Fanfiction I recommend reading. It's called 'Family Matters' and it's focused on Ash and Misty's family with three children named Adien, Michelle and Elizabeth in the future. They have nice stories and it feels like something you see in the anime. There are other stories by nyislanderfangirl as well, Pokemon related.
    I'm not a bad person, I just have my own opinions. I don't hate anyones interest in Pokemon fan base and I respect them equally. I don't like comparisons in pop culture as they're different from each other.

I understand what you mean haha. It would be interesting if May and Misty interacted more. I feel like it could have led way more pokeshipping hints then even the orange island arc tbh. Also, here is the link I found. Thanks so much!
    Thanks! Oh, I have seen this before. Or at least parts of it. Doesn't look too long, should take me about a week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by PK1991 View Post
    I'm not big on shipping groups, but I do respect people's interest. I was never into Ash+Misty's relationship when I was young, but I did have a feeling that there's something between these two. The reason why I'm not big on shipping is because of comparisons that it leads to these fights on the internet that it gives shippers a bad name, I don't find them bad people but every fan base has it's obsessed/mean ones. As of course I understand that by reading Hakajin's tumblr, don't worry I don't go into arguments with them. I didn't even know about Misty's departure from the series in 2003 as I grew out of Pokemon then and discovered that episode one night on TV six years later and I thought that was the end of Pokemon, until I saw 'Hoenn Alone' and then some random AG episode, but I didn't hate it I just didn't care for it then (AG). I've seen some of the AG, DP and of course BW episodes now and it's not that bad, yes I think BW is really not bad but it wasn't great.

I do wish though we have more development from Misty when it comes to her purpose. Why does she want to become Water Pokemon Master? and Why does she hate bugs? It would've strengthen her character more, like Dawn, May and Iris' backstories. I don't read a lot of Pokeshipping fan fiction but there is one Fanfiction I recommend reading. It's called 'Family Matters' and it's focused on Ash and Misty's family with three children named Adien, Michelle and Elizabeth in the future. They have nice stories and it feels like something you see in the anime. There are other stories by nyislanderfangirl as well, Pokemon related.
    Yup! Read family matters. Nice fic.

Also, thanks for doing the translation Hakajin much appreciated. So I'm still excited for the magikarp episode. I'm getting my hopes up for hints we might not even get. Or we might not even get a mention. I just sense hope. All we need is a lure, or a hankerchief.

Yup! Read family matters. Nice fic.

Also, thanks for doing the translation Hakajin much appreciated. So I'm still excited for the magikarp episode. I'm getting my hopes up for hints we might not even get. Or we might not even get a mention. I just sense hope. All we need is a lure, or a hankerchief.
    I think it's been almost confirmed now that the Misty lure or handkerchief won't be appearing in the Magikarp episode, just like I thought. Oh well, we'll most likely get a different Misty reference as I don't see them re-hashing the lure ever again. I'd like to see the handkerchief in a different episode though, whether it is part of a pokeshipping hint or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn+Serena Fan View Post
    I think it's been almost confirmed now that the Misty lure or handkerchief won't be appearing in the Magikarp episode, just like I thought. Oh well, we'll most likely get a different Misty reference as I don't see them re-hashing the lure ever again. I'd like to see the handkerchief in a different episode though, whether it is part of a pokeshipping hint or not.
    I actually don't mind what episode it is. I also want the handkerchief to appear in any episode too. It might be unlikely to have the lure appear again too, but then again...Pokemon has a lot of episodes that were like rehashed thrice or so.

I was hoping Misty would have a cameo last season, what with all the older pokemon coming back. I'm about to ditch that hope, though. I hope the anime team hasn't just completely forgotten about her.
    This conversation needs more Ignitionshipping.
    --------------------------------------

--------------------------------------

Haven't been here in a while! And yeah I agree with most in that we probably won't see the lure in the fishing episode, let alone seeing the lure in any episode. But I actually could see the handkerchief appearing again to be quite likely. Actually I had a daydream in which for some reason the entire gang was asked to take all of their belongings out of their backpacks, they were being searched by the police (kinda how when ash, misty, and brock asked James and Meowth way back in Kanto) and as the camera pans to ash's belongings we see the lure! In my daydream Ash actually had the handkerchief on the inside of his shirt. But yeah lol I'm so ready for a new hint or any reference of Misty that it ends up in my daydreams.

Also...I hope I;m not going off topic here, but I saw a familiar look of Ash's in the preview for the next XY episode and it indeed it does look exactly like his look when he saw Misty in her Kimono. Now, I can't say anything until the show airs, and even if it happens the way I think it's going to happen it won't matter to me that much in respects to Ash and Serena (I'm a multishipper). But it did get me thinking. How would you guys react to the writer's if they decided to give similar hints between Ash and Misty in any other Ash ship? I just personally feel like if they did that, it would mean that he did harbor feelings for Misty, but then it would also mean that he harbors feelings for the new girl (and I say new girl because it could be any girl in the future if not Serena). I hope I'm getting my point across lol I suck at explaining my thoughts.
    Last edited by Poke-Girl9; 23rd March 2014 at 8:17 AM.

I can see the newer hints may be a rehash of pokeshipping (the female having the crush, the handkerchief, the outfit where he stares) it's basically the same, except there's no love hate relationship. That's why I'm a huge pokeshipper. I'm also a sucker for love hate relationships. That's what makes Pokeshipping so unique. I mean, first they started out to hate each other, and even if they didn't end up together, I liked how in the end..they both realized/or concluded that they're best friends, and I don't remember Ash actually opening up to any other of his female friends like he did in gotta catch you later. You can just tell the way he sunk his head down, the scenery, and how they both were struggling to find out what they should say.

Quote Originally Posted by Poke-Girl9 View Post
    Haven't been here in a while! And yeah I agree with most in that we probably won't see the lure in the fishing episode, let alone seeing the lure in any episode. But I actually could see the handkerchief appearing again to be quite likely. Actually I had a daydream in which for some reason the entire gang was asked to take all of their belongings out of their backpacks, they were being searched by the police (kinda how when ash, misty, and brock asked James and Meowth way back in Kanto) and as the camera pans to ash's belongings we see the lure! In my daydream Ash actually had the handkerchief on the inside of his shirt. But yeah lol I'm so ready for a new hint or any reference of Misty that it ends up in my daydreams.

Also...I hope I;m not going off topic here, but I saw a familiar look of Ash's in the preview for the next XY episode and it indeed it does look exactly like his look when he saw Misty in her Kimono. Now, I can't say anything until the show airs, and even if it happens the way I think it's going to happen it won't matter to me that much in respects to Ash and Serena (I'm a multishipper). But it did get me thinking. How would you guys react to the writer's if they decided to give similar hints between Ash and Misty in any other Ash ship? I just personally feel like if they did that, it would mean that he did harbor feelings for Misty, but then it would also mean that he harbors feelings for the new girl (and I say new girl because it could be any girl in the future if not Serena). I hope I'm getting my point across lol I suck at explaining my thoughts.
    Ugh, I really... don't like that. I remember not liking it even when Ash destroyed May's bike. I don't think that was supposed to be a hint, but I was like, "No, that is Ash and Misty's thing!" That's just how I felt about it. Um, as for Ash thinking someone is pretty... I don't consider that much of a hint, even when it was Misty. I mean, it was nice, but I think he's thought other girls were pretty.

The perfect ending for Pokemon would be Ash buying Misty a bike with a wedding ring in the basket.
    Last edited by besho; 24th March 2014 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by besho View Post
    The perfect ending for Pokemon would be Ash buying Misty a bike with a wedding ring in the basket.
    Didn't he already buy her a new bike?

But yeah... that's a cute idea nevertheless. My inner romantic approves lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Sun View Post

I'm pretty sure that the Nurse Joy from Viridian City repaired and returned the bike to Misty during her last OS episode, unless I'm mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Sun View Post

Nurse joy repaired it lol, but I always wanted him to be the one to buy her a bike (since he was responsible for it haha) but never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the Nurse Joy from Viridian City repaired and returned the bike to Misty during her last OS episode, unless I'm mistaken.
    Yup, you're right in the episode "Gotta Catch Ya Later"
    Last edited by besho; 24th March 2014 at 1:00 AM.

I can see the newer hints may be a rehash of pokeshipping (the female having the crush, the handkerchief, the outfit where he stares) it's basically the same, except there's no love hate relationship. That's why I'm a huge pokeshipper. I'm also a sucker for love hate relationships. That's what makes Pokeshipping so unique. I mean, first they started out to hate each other, and even if they didn't end up together, I liked how in the end..they both realized/or concluded that they're best friends, and I don't remember Ash actually opening up to any other of his female friends like he did in gotta catch you later. You can just tell the way he sunk his head down, the scenery, and how they both were struggling to find out what they should say.
    I see what you're saying and that's what I also like about Pokeshipping, the love-hate relationship they have going on I've been watching Japanese OS episodes and I really like how they made it so that Ash and Misty teased each other. We sometimes saw it in the American version, with Ash teasing Misty about her looks, but in the Japanese it happened more often. Like in the episode where the children are missing because of sleep waves and Misty/Kasumi talks about her being careful because she is cute and then Ash and Brock give her a questioning look then after Misty/Kasumi says "What?" Ash just laughs and goes like "yeah you're cute". It's cute teasing moments like these that I really like, even if it's not Pokeshipping hints. Also in that same episode when Ash tries to see if she's back to normal he goes, "make yourself cuter" knowing that she would respond lol It seems to be an ongoing gag in the Japanese version, that Misty thinks she's cute but Ash teases her about that. In the American version it happens but not always.

Also if we're talking about the gotta catch ya later episode, I really like it when Ash says "Misty..." and then pauses. Maybe it's just me but it seems like he was trying to figure out what to say. Something about that just gets me thinking. Also when Misty is about to finally part ways with Ash and Brock and they are saying their goodbyes, I like the way Ash responds to Misty after she asks him if she'll ever see him again. In the Japanese version he says it really soft and that makes it a bit different than in the English version. I don't know why but his tone in the Japanese version leaves a stronger effect on me. Oh and here's a picture of the first scene I was talking about...pic.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Hakajin View Post
    Ugh, I really... don't like that. I remember not liking it even when Ash destroyed May's bike. I don't think that was supposed to be a hint, but I was like, "No, that is Ash and Misty's thing!" That's just how I felt about it. Um, as for Ash thinking someone is pretty... I don't consider that much of a hint, even when it was Misty. I mean, it was nice, but I think he's thought other girls were pretty.
    Yeah! That's what I meant, that I just wanted to have things be just an Ash and Misty thing. But one thing I hope always stays an Ash Misty thing is their love-hate relationship.
    Last edited by Poke-Girl9; 24th March 2014 at 1:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    Oh I see. It has been awhile since I've seen that episode so my memory is hazy, lol. Thanks for the clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakajin View Post
    It's not a hint, it's a running gag. Pikachu also zapped dawns bike, then in BW they changed the gag by zapping iris herself, and changed again in XY with Bonnie getting zapped. The only girls I remember him seeming to like in that way besides his female companions, were Giselle (the only time ash blatantly fell for a girl) and melody in Pokemon 2000 (ash having a derp face after she kissed him), other than that, it's mostly speculation.
    pokemon white friend code
    0647 5096 9579
    Name: Kevin

May,Misty,Dawn should all meet up and have a pokemon battle over Ash that would be good

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Emperor View Post
    It's not a hint, it's a running gag. Pikachu also zapped dawns bike, then in BW they changed the gag by zapping iris herself, and changed again in XY with Bonnie getting zapped. The only girls I remember him seeming to like in that way besides his female companions, were Giselle (the only time ash blatantly fell for a girl) and melody in Pokemon 2000 (ash having a derp face after she kissed him), other than that, it's mostly speculation.
    Speaking of Melody, I actually liked how when Ash was kissed by him, and Melody explains what the plan was. She says "Oh and Misty, try not to get jealous." You'd expect Ash and Misty to say "what? that's crazy!" But Misty just glares at her while ash chuckles nervously.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergent Stone View Post
    May,Misty,Dawn should all meet up and have a pokemon battle over Ash that would be good
    I doubt that'll ever happen and I really don't want to see Dawn or any other character to be degraded like that.
    Speaking of Melody, I actually liked how when Ash was kissed by him, and Melody explains what the plan was. She says "Oh and Misty, try not to get jealous." You'd expect Ash and Misty to say "what? that's crazy!" But Misty just glares at her while ash chuckles nervously.
    Yeah, I loved that part too, it was hilarious lol. Pokemon 2000 had the best and the funniest Pokeshipping hints imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn+Serena Fan View Post
    I doubt that'll ever happen and I really don't want to see Dawn or any other character to be degraded like that.

Yeah, I loved that part too, it was hilarious lol. Pokemon 2000 had the best and the funniest Pokeshipping hints imo.
    I agree, seeing them all battle over Ash is just out of character.
    And yeah, which is why it had the best pokeshipping hints, Melody being the teaser was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Emperor View Post
    Yeah, I know it's not a hint, but it still bugs me. Because that was something that Misty always teased Ash about, and it was adorable.

Page 214 of 255 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214215216217218224 ... LastLast