Page 216 of 255 FirstFirst ... 116166206212213214215216217218219220226 ... LastLast
Results 5,376 to 5,400 of 6352

Thread: PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pokeshipper9000 View Post
    Well, I don't think Ash will end up with anyone because it's pokemon. If they did ever have an ending I would arguably say it be Misty. I can dream on but if that does actually happen...then how would you guys think it be like, I have so many Ash-Misty scenarios in my head that I can't decide one.
    So far, I think the same the thing too, maybe not this time..maybe not for now. But a little dash of romance will undeniably be there that's for sure. Even this very moment, I still hope Misty will see Ash in Kalos or perhaps when Ash goes home in Pallet Town again. Seems hard to believe but still that little hope was still there.

Spoiler:- Did a thing..:
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

|| Multishipper || Bias:鹿晗 || hwaiting! || Inactive||

while i do think that misty appearing in kalos will be vague despite that even a short appearance from her will do, at least in case when she appears i at least want to see how ash will interact with her ( same with her other female companions).

I'm a believer so I tell my self it will happen. I have so many Ash x Misty head canon it hurts. Lol. Anyways, those banners you made are great. Describes Ash and Misty's relationship perfectly. I love the pictures chosen too.
    Crazy Shipper|Misty, May, and Drew|Anime Fangirl

Same. Yes, just like any female characters, seeing them converse with Ash again would be a good reunion.XD

I'm a believer so I tell my self it will happen. I have so many Ash x Misty head canon it hurts. Lol. Anyways, those banners you made are great. Describes Ash and Misty's relationship perfectly. I love the pictures chosen too.
    I understand. And thank you so much! After recieving a quote from a friend's text, it easily hit me and remembered Ash and Misty for some random reasons..
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

|| Multishipper || Bias:鹿晗 || hwaiting! || Inactive||

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    I pretty much agree, except that I still have some hope that Ash and Misty might end up together. Maybe it's just complete wishful thinking on my part, but it's something I believe in still. Mostly because they had good chemistry like you said, which I believe hints that they're destined to be together.
    It could happen in the flash forward final series and/or episodes after a time skip. Objectively, they still have the best chemistry that I have seen.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

You know what though?. I find it incredible that after YEARS of Misty being on the show, there are STILL so many pokeshippers, and so many big pokeshipping forums like this one, and it's still arguably the most popular ship EVER. Like, writers have to know how pokeshipping STILL is... It's CRAZY!!. When you look at comments on any pokemon related video on YouTube there are hundreds of comments that are like "bring Misty back!." "I stopped watching after Misty left" "Ash and Misty forever!!." That's why I still have faith in AshXMisty
    When it rains, look for RAINBOWS. When it's dark, look for STARS. <3
    Lots of love, Katiee <33

I think there's only a very small possibility for Ash to get set up with a girl. Of course as a die-hard Pokeshipper I hope he and Misty would meet each other again and at some point begin a beautiful relationship. On the other side, it would be just fine if Ash stayed single in the end of series.

Quote Originally Posted by vivalakatie713
    You know what though?. I find it incredible that after YEARS of Misty being on the show, there are STILL so many pokeshippers, and so many big pokeshipping forums like this one, and it's still arguably the most popular ship EVER.
    True. It is really amazing that Pokeshipping still is pretty much alive and is very popular despite Misty not being in the show for years. I still don't understand why wouldn't the script writers make her to appear in the series when she is one of the most popular characters on the show. There really would have been very good chances for that already in BW season but no.

Not only that it has been since 2002 since Mistys last appearance, but it's almost ten years since she has returned back in the flesh. I find it pretty amazing how pokeshipping is still greatly alive. Not to forget, also in Japan.
    I know I mentioned this, but I had a friend who recently moved there so I had to ask him to ask his Japanese friends which ship was the most popular. He knows little about pokemon so he was really confused he quoted "something called pokeshipping" and I was surprised when his friends immediately said pokeshipping was most popular. Interesting.

I don't know, I heard this one interview with one of the writers saying "Putting Ash with a girl is like putting too much spice in a soup." I don't remember where i read this, but I could find it. I wouldn't think it's impossible for Ash and Misty to get married at the end. Hey, they could even start a new series based on their child's future as a pokemon master.
    That could mean a few things, though. Sounds to me like they just don't want to portray him in a relationship in the long-term. There were hints from his side with Misty, so it's not like they wanted to make him completely a-romantic.
    These are my fanfics. Read them. Or not, whatever.
    Pokemon Generations: Satsumi's Journey (Chapter 2 Now Up!)
    My Fanfiction.net Profile

This is my Tumblr. Read it if you are so inclined.
    The Philosophy of Shipping (shipdr.tumblr.com)

The writers are toying with us. They sucked us in with dp oh Misty will be in it we got mini Misty the lure. It will be Misty whenever series ends. I couldn't hack unova despite promise of Brock. Pokémon writers know strings to pull. Their is reason he kept the hankie(Hoenn) and lure(sinnoh) I really think she holds special place in his heart different from other friends. We can only hope for a Misty appearence in the show soon. Kalos does seem to be trying to mix old with new which gives me hope.

Quote Originally Posted by majormanafemale View Post
    The writers are toying with us. They sucked us in with dp oh Misty will be in it we got mini Misty the lure. It will be Misty whenever series ends. I couldn't hack unova despite promise of Brock. Pokémon writers know strings to pull. Their is reason he kept the hankie(Hoenn) and lure(sinnoh) I really think she holds special place in his heart different from other friends. We can only hope for a Misty appearence in the show soon. Kalos does seem to be trying to mix old with new which gives me hope.
    The XY saga seems more consistent to me as well, so I hope Misty makes a cameo at the very least; even if she were to get a non-speaking role, I'd just be glad to see her again. Anyway, I haven't been paying much attention to PokeShipping lately, but I'll rectify that by watching some OS episodes so I can obsess over examine some shipping hints.

That's why I have hope. When I watched BW I literally bought that this was it for pokemon. I watched XY and actually took liking, because it was going somewhere. There's pokeshipping potential in this saga. I could see place for misty to reappear!

Hey guys! I am totally new here...I found this place and thought I would contribute.

I have always had a thing for Misty myself, I don't know why...maybe I had a crush on her as a kid and I only want to see her with Ash.

Looking over the English dub's hints at pokeshipping it is VERY evident that Misty and even Ash have feelings for each other. It kind of brake my heart when I realized how different it was in the original Japanese versions of the anime.

One reference is on a site I cannot link to since I am a new register here. If you google Misty and Ash Japanese shipping you should find "Melody's Shipping Site". That shows the various difference between the dubs.

What do you guys think? I know the dubs are not considered canon. What are your thoughts on how Misty feels for ash in "true canon" terms?

Hi, Jfloydian! Welcome to Serebii!
    It's totally okay to have a crush on Misty, for I had a crush on Ash. So that may contribute to your feelings on pokeshipping.

Ah yes, the English dub did add hints, but the pokeshipping hints weren't all from the dub, which is a HUGE controversy for our ship. There was even hints in the Japanese version that the English version didn't add so it's mutual. But pokeshipping wasn't limited to the dub.

Melody's shipping site is a great site, I think I've referenced on here before. She provides many evidence in the Japanese dub that opened opposing shippers eyes that pokeshipping isn't dub only.

I feel like even in Japanese there was a huge chemistry between Ash and misty, like the way they care about each other, on Ash's side it would be episodes like Foul Weather Friends or Gotta Catch You Later and Misty's side would be Legend of Dratini and M02 and a lot coming from her. They had dynamic, they had many moments that weren't even spoken you could tell about.

Yeah, Pokeshipping definitely isn't created by English dub. Because I haven't watched much OS dubbed, I've been wondering how many "hints" were done by 4Kids. I can name only two or three but I'm sure in reality there were only a few. Actually, I think the biggest impact on Pokeshipping made by 4Kids didn't come from the anime itself but more from those various songs in the soundtracks, Misty's song", that Ruby & Sapphire advertisement song and those couple of songs in "Pokémon Christmas Bash" for example.

Don't get me wrong, I really like all those above mentioned music pieces ("Under the Mistletoe" being my absolute favourite, I can so imagine that scene in my head).

Thank you guys for the warm welcome!

First of all.. how many guys are on this site? I'd imagine I am in the minority..but who knows!

I may not have been too clear in my original post; it appears that the English dub dropped WAY more hints than the original did, (simply by changing dialogue) and yah, they also created those songs which are great!!! but... a lot of people refuse to accept that as canon because it is not by the original creators.

I just wish they pushed it a little more in the un-dubbed Jap. versions.

So what else...hm. A little off topic maybe(??) but I would love to see the creators bring the original trio back after XY, (which I am actually liking a lot by the way!)

I think that...the series is getting.......ok it has gotten stale for sure. I think the perfect way to end Pokemon, whenever that may happen, would be by bringing a much more mature show to cater to the older fans such as us. I, myself am 24 and grew up with Pokemon. This type of change would open the door for Ash and Misty's feelings to bloom.
    Ash+Misty Forever!

There's quite a lot.

And yeah, I understand. The English dub didn't change lines for sake of Pokeshipping, some stuff in the Japanese versions made no sense so they had to redub it, or the lip flap was off. I liked how the songs were very on character though. Like Heicuu mentioned, Under The Mistletoe is a scene we can all imagine and a scene that totally could be an episode.

I think it's getting better at XY. It could open us up for at least a few Pokeshipping hints.

I sure hope XY does that.

Does anyone know what the stance of the original writers/creators of Pocket Monsters is in regards to Ash/Misty/Pokeshipping in general? I heard somewhere they were "against" it. Does anybody know if that is true?

EDIT: I found something that seems to be against shipping: h ttp://www.freewebs.com/rocketshipper/entry2.htm

Edit 2: Yikes. Reading the blog second post from the writer....wow. He states Misty was the least desirable character and he chose her to leave the show over team rocket. He also states that there is no romantic interest whatsoever between ash and misty ...ouch.

Also stated she is not "girly enough".
    Last edited by Jfloydian; 30th March 2014 at 4:48 PM.
    Ash+Misty Forever!

I kinda doubt that's true. It wouldn't make sense to write Pokemon episodes with Pokeshipping if he was against it. Also, Shudo left the show back in episode 244. So I can't see how he wanted Misty to leave when she left later on.

Is there like legitimate proof he said that about Pokeshipping? If so, that would be sad. And it would make no sense at all to write many Pokeshipping orientated episodes.

I kinda doubt that's true. It wouldn't make sense to write Pokemon episodes with Pokeshipping if he was against it. Also, Shudo left the show back in episode 244. So I can't see how he wanted Misty to leave when she left later on.

Is there like legitimate proof he said that about Pokeshipping? If so, that would be sad. And it would make no sense at all to write many Pokeshipping orientated episodes.
    Apparently, this comes straight from his original blogs that were translated into English by multiple people. As soon as I can post links here I'll send them! When I found this, it killed me!

I think making that decision, sending Misty away and keeping Team Rocket in...every. single. episode. was a mistake. The VAST majority want the show to be like it used to, and to mature. Also, I'm sorry but the TR schtick got old after three episodes lol.

Also, Takeshi Shudo stated he wanted the show to be more family oriented rather than just for kids....HELLO adding at least a "crush" would help that goal. So the fact that he thought bringing relationships into pokemon is against "the show" is just untrue!

Interesting how the vast majority of fans want the exact opposite of what he wanted. Less rocket, more Misty please!!!
    Ash+Misty Forever!

So it's his official site. That's pretty odd. Then, again, I don't understand how. Misty obviously did have a crush on Ash. Even if Ash didn't, everyone does agree that Misty did like Ash. And then here we have in the latter series, TR being treated like dirt unfortunately.

I still don't believe that source...it seems so impossible haha

I know! It sucks but I think that in the Original anime...they just simply weren't meant to be. A huge nail in the coffin for me is that in the original version...when Misty leaves she didn't say "I finally know how you feel Ash" she just says, "I know how you feel" which implies she understands that it is hard to leave friends behind.

There are plenty of other ones where 4kids took control and made their own reality. I'd be HAPPY to just say, "well I believe the dubbed version not the original because that means Misty really DOES like Ash" but...I can't because, to the actual writers of the show, Misty DOESNT like Ash which REALLY REALLY SUCKS.

I hope they change their minds and bring her back like everyone wants.
    Ash+Misty Forever!

I don't think I can change my mind. I could just set out a list of evidence that Pokeshipping is meant to be regarding that site I read. Just look at a giant section of kanto, and we got orange islands. That can't be arguable.

Any who, my point is I'm mind blown and confused lol

I hope so too!

I don't think I can change my mind. I could just set out a list of evidence that Pokeshipping is meant to be regarding that site I read. Just look at a giant section of kanto, and we got orange islands. That can't be arguable.

Any who, my point is I'm mind blown and confused lol

I hope so too!
    It hit me hard too when I first discovered the major differences in dialogue between dubs but I feel a little better now because to all the millions of US Pokemon fans...ash and misty are a thing. I can live with that and hope the new writers listen to the fans!!
    Ash+Misty Forever!

Meh, whatever translations may say of Shudo's words, I think it's pretty obvious they knowingly teased the pairing throughout OS. They even teased it afterwards by putting Ash's mom and Misty on a Queen of Hearts card in the Spurt opening.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

Page 216 of 255 FirstFirst ... 116166206212213214215216217218219220226 ... LastLast