Page 22 of 255 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast
Results 526 to 550 of 6352

Thread: PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

  1. #526
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    812

    Default

    It could be that people think Misty's too old for Ash; they believe that Ash needs to be with someone his own age. If that's the case, then why do they like to pair him with girls who are younger than he is? o_o There's also people who believe that Misty is mean to him, and Ash deserves to be with somebody nicer.
    Though some people may think that, they're dead wrong. Misty is actually the same age as Ash even though she's slightly taller.

  2. #527
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Atlantic
    Posts
    871

    Default

    Whyyyyy do people have such a problem with Pokeshipping?!

    Maybe some people just don't identify with Misty. Sure she mellowed out over the years but in the beginning of the series she was really mean, nagging Ash a lot. Maybe some haven't gotten over that.
    " r u n y o u c l e v e r b o y . . . a n d r e m e m b e r. "

  3. #528
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XxM!styxX View Post
    Am I like the official Pokeshipping Welcomer here? I want that title
    Official... maybe, but you're good welcomer

    Quote Originally Posted by XxM!styxX View Post
    Anyway I highly doubt a cameo until Ash returns to Pallet Town
    But, I think she should meet Dawn, before Sinnoh League ends and Dawn go away.

    Whyyyyy do people have such a problem with Pokeshipping?!

    Because those people doesn't like us (pokeshippers). And they doesn't like that we want Misty back. I don't know why.
    Bring Misty back! PokeShipping Forever!
    Pokemon White & Pokemon Black

  4. #529
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    969

    Default

    Because those people doesn't like us (pokeshippers). And they doesn't like that we want Misty back. I don't know why.

    haha i like the idea that its us and not the actual ship we're much too annoying and i love it!! XD

    Official... maybe, but you're good welcomer
    thank you =D

    Though some people may think that, they're dead wrong. Misty is actually the same age as Ash even though she's slightly taller.
    I totally agree. I was gonna say the same thing. Misty left her home around the same time Ash did because when they were in Cerulean her sisters teased her that she hadn't been gone very long, so obv she was trying to catch more water pokemon as her first step just like Ash was trying to catch pokemon as his first step and they fell together through destiny i love that idea ^____^ FADOF! XD

    Some more POkeshipping we can enjoy:






    Pokeshipper
    (n.): Because we don't forget 5five
    seasons, 4four cameos, 3three supporters,
    2two gifts, and 1one departure worth of emotions.

  5. #530
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    34

    Default

    I really miss Togepi-Pikachu-Ash and Misty in the same picture.

    It was a long time since I saw these old scenes. And the second cameo is one of the last apperiance of Misty for now *Sob*

    Misty and Dawn didnt meet yet so the meeting may underway. Everything will solve with Sinnoh League !

    I wonder how much episode left.
    Last edited by Wowlock; 13th August 2009 at 2:39 AM.
    Pokemon Fan who born from its ''Ashes''

  6. #531
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    39

    Default

    regarding togepi, im not too sure i like it/him/her, it seems that misty's character became more...motherlike and kind, i prefered it when misty was more the take charge type....well she still is, but with the introduction of togepi, she almost seems to interact less with the other character IMO...

  7. #532
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    978

    Default

    I’m in a really big hurry, but…

    Quote Originally Posted by Swifty
    BTW, I have the raw to the first Misty Hoso when Misty takes over the gym. At the end of it, I can hear Misty thinking about Ash when the episode ends. Has anyone translated what she said? She doesn't mention Brock at all so I imagine it might PokeShippy.
    Two more before this episode wraps up:

    Misty: "Nurse...um, sorry...I mean, Agent Joy, where are you going now?"

    In the Japanese version, she actually does the opposite; she calls Joi "Agent Joi," apologizes, and then calls her "Nurse Joi"

    And here's a rather surprising change:

    Misty: (thinking to herself) "Ash...Brock...I know you can't hear me, but I did it! I'm a Gym Leader! And you were right. I was able to do it on my own!"

    Originally, Kasumi only addressed Satoshi during this scene; in other words, 4Kids made this moment less shippy by adding Brock into the mix! If that doesn't convince you that this special wasn't dubbed by the same people who usually do the TV series, I don't know what will.

    From: http://dogasu.bulbagarden.net/compar...les/ep006.html
    Finally free til the 17th
    Now if my computer will cooperate...




    My fics


  8. #533
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Holland, Land of the Free!
    Posts
    816

    Default Pokeshipping forever

    I remember that once in my life, I had a perfect dream.
    And even though how childish, and crazy it may seem,
    I still believe in love between a slightly clueless boy,
    And a passionate red-headed girl, that he may well annoy.
    They called me crazy, loosing it, it wasn’t meant to be,
    Those two will never be together, just wait around and see.
    And even though it’s been so long, still here today I stand,
    Still able to believe in love, still willing to defend.
    Still dreaming a forgotten dream, not really knowing why,
    About a boy and a girl kissing, beneath the infinite sky.
    He turns to her, and whispers “Misty, sorry I was late.”
    She smiles at him, “Oh silly Ash, you we’re always worth the wait.”
    A silly cartoon, an impossible couple, why bother ‘bout something so small?
    But if I cannot dream of love, why bother dreaming at all?
    So still, here I stand today and still, here I wait,
    both anxious and insecure, for no one knows their fate.
    But in my heart there’s still a dream, and thus I state today,
    that Pokeshipper I always was, and Pokeshipper I’ll stay.
    And still I hope that one day, I will see to my great joy,
    a red-headed girl walking hand in hand with a slightly clueless boy.

    Sorry 'bout that, feeling emotional today and that's when I usually write rather bad poetry.
    Am I interesting enough to have a livejournal?

    To understand others is to be well informed;
    To know yourself is to be wise.
    To conquer others is to have strength;
    To conquer yourself is to be strong.
    ~Lao-tzu, Toa-te ching~

    OMG! Exclusive footage from the very last episode of pokemon!!! Click here, and press "Watch this Movie!"

    98% of teens won't stand up for God. Repost this in your sig if you like chocolate.

  9. #534
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi-kun View Post
    I’m in a really big hurry, but…



    Two more before this episode wraps up:

    Misty: "Nurse...um, sorry...I mean, Agent Joy, where are you going now?"

    In the Japanese version, she actually does the opposite; she calls Joi "Agent Joi," apologizes, and then calls her "Nurse Joi"

    And here's a rather surprising change:

    Misty: (thinking to herself) "Ash...Brock...I know you can't hear me, but I did it! I'm a Gym Leader! And you were right. I was able to do it on my own!"

    Originally, Kasumi only addressed Satoshi during this scene; in other words, 4Kids made this moment less shippy by adding Brock into the mix! If that doesn't convince you that this special wasn't dubbed by the same people who usually do the TV series, I don't know what will.

    From: http://dogasu.bulbagarden.net/compar...les/ep006.html
    In Jap, Misty ask to Agent Joy to tell at a trainer with a pikachu "She's a good gym leader", then Joy ask "What's his name", and Misty answer "Ash"

    After "Originally, Kasumi only addressed Satoshi during this scene" ^^

    It's the same problem with Hoso 11 with Georgio
    He said "I want have a date with you"
    Misty refuses
    Then He asks "Do you love someone else ?"
    And She blush...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AwB6h9FAFs
    I have to sub in english but i don't have the time and with my bad english x__x

  10. #535
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    812

    Default

    Hey, it's PokeProphet! Posting angsty PokeShipping poetry! You need to post here more often, dude.

    Man, what is going on? All these oldbies are coming out of the woodwork. Stay! Please stay!

    I should get around to posting my PokeShipping doujinshi collection. And bug jigglypoof to scan hers.

    Misty left her home around the same time Ash did because when they were in Cerulean her sisters teased her that she hadn't been gone very long, so obv she was trying to catch more water pokemon as her first step just like Ash was trying to catch pokemon as his first step and they fell together through destiny
    Well, in the original language version of the 3rd episode, Misty cries out that Caterpie being in her sleeping bag was the worst thing to happen to her in all her ten years. So yeah, Misty is the same age as Ash. XD

    Quote Originally Posted by Kasumi Yawa View Post
    In Jap, Misty ask to Agent Joy to tell at a trainer with a pikachu "She's a good gym leader", then Joy ask "What's his name", and Misty answer "Ash"

    After "Originally, Kasumi only addressed Satoshi during this scene" ^^
    Do you know what Misty says when she's looking into the sky and mentions Ash in that episode?
    Last edited by Swifty; 13th August 2009 at 10:03 PM.

  11. #536
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    San Jose, CA in the USA!
    Posts
    1,448

    Default

    Whyyyyy do people have such a problem with Pokeshipping?!

    Well, originally when I first started becoming a Pokeshipper, I was spreading around the hints I saw between them and whenever I did, people always asked me 'Don't Ash and Misty hate each other?'

    But thats the thing that sets Ash and Misty apart from a majority of other shipping couples. At first Ash and Misty were extremely mean to each other, but they eventually started to warm up to each other and started having fun with each other, supporting each other and they became the best of friends.

    Pretty much compared to the other girls that Ash has met and traveled with it took a lot of time for Ash and Misty to develop a powerful friendship with each other. And their friendship has become incredibly powerful, pretty much to the point where its indestructible. ^_^

    Besides, we've been shown time and time again that theres a lot of time that both Ash and Misty stand up for each other, even when they're not around each other. ^^ To me, if thats not love, then I don't know what it is. ^^


    Paired with the Artistic Melody now over three years! (Glomps Melody)

    I am the optimistic Pokeshipping warrior of San Jose, California! I am Moogleborg! SHINRYUKEN!!

  12. #537
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Bay Area, hugging my Dreamcast
    Posts
    4,573

    Default

    I found some cute pictures you guys might like.









    (^ ASH grew to LV. 100! Oh nom nom)

    Danbooru actually has pictures that are cute instead of being too inappropriate for this forum?! Ooooo. <3

    (If you didn't take the hint, I'm not linking to the source because the imageboard's not safe for work. Hentai, NIGHTMARE FUEEEEL, and whatnot. >:)
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    Anime Blog [x] Art [0] Bishoujou [0] BMGf [x] LiveJournal [x] Eggbear! [x] Credit [n/a]
    .UVERworld。

  13. #538
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    The Giant Mitten
    Posts
    4,506

    Default

    ^ Nice finds, Satoshi (nice to see you back here btw)! LOL, I think Pixiv might even have worse than Danbooru (at least when it comes to PS fan art). I saw the most disturbing PS fan art yesterday there when I searched for Pokemon stuff. I don't even want to discuss what was happening in it, but it tried to be sexy and failed.

    Whyyyyy do people have such a problem with Pokeshipping?!
    I've talked to my AS/Pearl friends about this in the past. Most people dislike it for shallow reasons, because Misty is taller than Ash, or older EVEN THOUGH SHE ISN'T than him. A lot of people don't like the concept of a girl wearing the pants in a relationship in this fandom, either. It just bothers them for whatever strange reason, even though it happens a lot in other anime/manga/books/shows/whatever, and irl, too.

    Other reasons I've been told are that Misty is too mean to Ash, or that they argue too much. I'm not going to comment on how I feel about these reasons (because I'd probably end up ranting, lol), but that's why some people don't like Pokeshipping.

    Quote Originally Posted by Swifty
    Do you know what Misty says when she's looking into the sky and mentions Ash in that episode?
    "Ash...Brock...I know you can't hear me, but I did it! I'm a Gym Leader! And you were right. I was able to do it on my own!"

    Just look at what Yoshi-kun said. That's what she says when she's looking up at the sky. She said the same thing only she didn't mention Brock. Dogasu didn't mention any other changes to the translation, so it was probably the same thing/close to that.
    Currently a little busy. I'll respond to all messages when I can.

  14. #539
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chelc View Post
    ^ Nice finds, Satoshi (nice to see you back here btw)! LOL, I think Pixiv might even have worse than Danbooru (at least when it comes to PS fan art). I saw the most disturbing PS fan art yesterday there when I searched for Pokemon stuff. I don't even want to discuss what was happening in it, but it tried to be sexy and failed.

    Whyyyyy do people have such a problem with Pokeshipping?!
    I've talked to my AS/Pearl friends about this in the past. Most people dislike it for shallow reasons, because Misty is taller than Ash, or older EVEN THOUGH SHE ISN'T than him. A lot of people don't like the concept of a girl wearing the pants in a relationship in this fandom, either. It just bothers them for whatever strange reason, even though it happens a lot in other anime/manga/books/shows/whatever, and irl, too.

    Other reasons I've been told are that Misty is too mean to Ash, or that they argue too much. I'm not going to comment on how I feel about these reasons (because I'd probably end up ranting, lol), but that's why some people don't like Pokeshipping.

    That sounds pretty intresting...

    Hating Pokeshipping for a height or slight age problem? That sounds kinda iffy to me.

    Though I could understand the argueing problem.

    But the heaviest tension between them was within the first 30 episodes...after that, Misty forgot about her Bike and followed Ash around without bursting into a fit of rage every 5 seconds.

    She even mentioned in the episode Ash earned his 7th badge (I think) that she had forgotten why she was following him in the first place.

    How can they say Misty and Ash argued too much if thier arguing was rather....nonexistant after the Indigo League?

    Sig made by me! :3

  15. #540
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    34

    Default

    And I think that arguements are make them more closer. And making their reliasionship more interesting

    I personally miss those little fights
    Pokemon Fan who born from its ''Ashes''

  16. #541
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Um... hello. I don't believe I've ever posted in this topic before. Well, I'm a Pokéshipper. I used to dislike the couple, but after going back and watching some of the old episodes I realized how good of a couple they are. I actually support loads of shippings, many with Ash (why is there no active Pikashipping thread???) and Pokéshipping's one of my faves. ^^

    Also, those pics Satoshi and XxM!styxX posted are absoultely adorable. ^-^
    Current HeartGold team:

  17. #542
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Bay Area, hugging my Dreamcast
    Posts
    4,573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chelc View Post
    ^ Nice finds, Satoshi (nice to see you back here btw)! LOL, I think Pixiv might even have worse than Danbooru (at least when it comes to PS fan art). I saw the most disturbing PS fan art yesterday there when I searched for Pokemon stuff. I don't even want to discuss what was happening in it, but it tried to be sexy and failed.
    What was seen cannot be unseen. rofl Poor Chelc. D:



    Another cute picture from Danbooru. <3 It apparently slipped past the radar on my first browse.
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    Anime Blog [x] Art [0] Bishoujou [0] BMGf [x] LiveJournal [x] Eggbear! [x] Credit [n/a]
    .UVERworld。

  18. #543
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    978

    Default

    Now that I have time to decently post...

    Thanks for the welcome M!sty. Actually I'm not new to Pokeshipping. But with my hiatuses, it's my first time meeting you anyway.

    And the pictures you and Satoshi posted are awesome.

    Yeah, I think was kind of confusing by quoting the whole thing. ^ ^; The scene I was quoting there was the scene with Misty looking up at the sky. Not the scene where she was asking Joy to talk to Ash, and I'm pretty sure that was mostly the same.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kasumi Yawa View Post
    In Jap, Misty ask to Agent Joy to tell at a trainer with a pikachu "She's a good gym leader", then Joy ask "What's his name", and Misty answer "Ash"

    After "Originally, Kasumi only addressed Satoshi during this scene" ^^

    It's the same problem with Hoso 11 with Georgio
    He said "I want have a date with you"
    Misty refuses
    Then He asks "Do you love someone else ?"
    And She blush...
    Thanks for the translations, as always. Anything's helpful, and I know from experience that it's not easy. I think Murgatroyd did a full translation of the scene with Georgio with screencaps one time, but I'm not sure where to find it.

    And thank you for that scene, I've never seen it before in in Japanese. It was so awesome! I could sorta hear words I understood even, and I sorta was able to read some of the sub you did. ^ ^ *feels happy that her language skills are improving*

    Quote Originally Posted by Chelc View Post
    A lot of people don't like the concept of a girl wearing the pants in a relationship in this fandom, either. It just bothers them for whatever strange reason, even though it happens a lot in other anime/manga/books/shows/whatever, and irl, too.
    That something I don't get. I mean look at the way Rocketshipping has been butchered in fanfiction with James becoming the manly man who must save his damsel in distress Jessie. Him being the dominant one in that relationship is so OOC on so many levels I don't know what to say. Other than the only explanation I have is some people can't get over this age old notion that the man is supposed to be dominant for whatever reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by カスミ View Post
    That sounds pretty intresting...

    Hating Pokeshipping for a height or slight age problem? That sounds kinda iffy to me.

    Though I could understand the argueing problem.

    But the heaviest tension between them was within the first 30 episodes...after that, Misty forgot about her Bike and followed Ash around without bursting into a fit of rage every 5 seconds.

    She even mentioned in the episode Ash earned his 7th badge (I think) that she had forgotten why she was following him in the first place.

    How can they say Misty and Ash argued too much if thier arguing was rather....nonexistant after the Indigo League?
    But they do, and I don't know why either. I guess the idea of Misty who seems to look and act older means that she's somehow not compatible with Ash or something. Maybe it's the idea that the guy should be older/taller than the girl? But that's not right either. Darn stereotypes.

    On the arguing thing, I think it's because some people don't like conflict in their ships. I mean, they like for the characters to get along, be friends, be fluffy and act nice to each other all the time because that's cute, they get along so well they're perfect for each other, and best friends who help and support each other will have the perfect relationship. If they have conflict then that means they're not getting along, and that breaks the harmony between the two. How can they be together if they can't see eye to eye? If they argue too much in the shipper's mind, then that means that if they ever got together that would lead to disastrous relationship, where they would end up breaking up, or worse, as I some one in the Harry Potter fandom claimed that Ron and Hermione would end up with domestic abuse, but that's another story.

    In response to the idea that all conflict is bad however...

    Of course, acting like a pairing should never have any conflict is really twisted thinking. Couples are going to argue, that's a fact of life. And personally I think that going into a relationship or marriage thinking it's all going to be sunshine and roses contributes somewhat to the break ups and divorce rate we see. People have different minds and different ways of going about things, and those opinions will cross at some point causing conflict. It's going to happen. Arguing doesn't instantly mean the paring is doomed. It just means they're doing something that has been done before by plenty of couples, and whether or not they resolve the issue or it becomes a point for them to break up over is up to them.

    No matter how much arguing or little arguing they do, the amount of arguing they do really doesn't mean anything anyway if you're talking about fiction. The author has a right to make anything they want happen. That means if they want two characters together then they will have two characters get together, arguing or no.

    And that's not even taking UST into consideration. That's a whole other story by itself.

    While I'm at it, I might as well answer the rest of the current topic. hy do people have such a problem with Pokeshipping?

    Or it could be that they just don't like the chemistry between the two characters, like love/hate etc. Like for instance I support Naruto x Hinata over Naruto x Sakura in the Naruto fandom. Even though NaruHina is the "nicer" pairing compared to NaruSaku which a lot of people would throw into the love/hate category. This is despite the fact I tend to prefer love/hate in general. Because I prefer how NaruHina is portrayed over NaruSaku, and that's just my opinion. When I go back to the Pokemon fandom I prefer Pokeshipping to Advanceshipping because I prefer the chemistry between the characters.

    That being said, some people really don't like Ash x Misty, because they don't like the chemistry between them. *shrugs* I know how that is, there are a few pairings I really dislike based on chemistry, and when that happens there's really nothing you can do about it.

    Well unless you're able to portray the pairing in a different light that the other person never though of that may be more appealing. If they have the idea that Ash and Misty hate each other after watching a few episodes with them and based on hearsay, then you could show them moments and provide examples of their friendship, to counter the argument that Misty and Ash dream of turning each other into living punching bags every single time they're around each other.

    Some people really do think that way for some reason, that's something else I don't understand. Even if you don't support the relationship, at least you've got admit they're friends. They are, it's canon, and that's something that cannot be denied.

    Misty doesn't hate Ash. She's not a psycho girl like some make her out to be. That in and of itself I think is part of the problem people might have with Pokeshipping. Because let's be honest, if Ash was the problem then why would his ships be so popular? Despite the fact he is the problem for most of his ships, denseness much? So in the end, a lot of it probably has to do with her. If they don't like Misty, they don't like Pokeshipping. She's the mean one sent to torture Ash, remember? The one who couldn't forget her bike? The one who constantly attacked him for her own amusement? Her sole purpose was to tear him to shreds. She dreams of the day he gives up training to better society! Thus the question is, why would he be insane enough to be with someone like her? Ash can do better! *Que the shipper picking someone else they consider "better"* [/sacasm]

    Okay, so maybe it's not that bad, well I hope not. But dislike of character and dislike of ship tends to run hand in hand, and that was my vivid portrayal of such. Despite the fact you can ship and not like a character. Even both characters in one of the ones I support.

    That or they consider her to be someone who perhaps doesn't know how to show her affection properly. If she likes Ash tell him, and stop yelling at him. It's simple. Thus they prefer Ash with more mature girls who can display their feelings properly, and act like proper potential girlfriends.

    My answer...

    Even though there's no strict guidelines as to how anyone should act in any situation, and despite logic teasing and taunting someone you like is actually common in real life, especially with children (ie: the boy who kept teasing the girl who sat next to him to get attention). You wouldn't believe how many people I've heard question that if Drew liked May, why did he taunt her? It's not as complicated as everyone thinks, considering kids do it and the characters we're talking about are technically kids.

    Misty is still young, and maybe she is light years ahead of Ash in the romance department, but that doesn't mean she's fully mature and in control of her feelings at her current age either. Besides telling someone how you feel when not exactly sure of how they feel isn't exactly easy. So in response Misty teased and taunted him to gain his attention, divert attention away from the idea she liked him, and didn't tell him because she wasn't ready to take that risk, and wasn't sure if he was either.

    None of that is really taking into account the full effect of UST. Once again it means if two people are "frustrated" then they show that frustration in other ways, like arguing. Hence the name: Unresolved Sexual Tension.

    In short there are a number of reasons people don't like Pokeshipping. Some are simple: I don't like main stream/this kind of genre ship! Some could be called shallow: She's too tall/old for him! And some more complicated: I don't like the interaction between them!

    But there are a number of reasons people like Pokeshipping. Those who do show that obviously there's something to like about the ship. Or else why would it have any supporters? ^ ^



    Sorry, I really didn't know when I started typing it would turn out this long a rant/answer. ^ ^;
    Last edited by Yoshi-kun; 15th August 2009 at 10:32 AM.
    Finally free til the 17th
    Now if my computer will cooperate...




    My fics


  19. #544
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Deep (Fried) South
    Posts
    5,223

    Default

    Whyyyyy do people have such a problem with Pokeshipping?!

    The Pokeshippers, mostly. We used to be pretty militant, back in the day. Apparently, the worst flame war in the history of shipping was between Pokeshippers and Palletshippers. Ship To Ship Combat (it's the very first example). And some of us get awfully cutesy with it, which annoys people to death. Some people just don't like the ship itself (usually because they don't like Misty's treatment of Ash), but I think a lot more of it has to do with the shippers. Oh, but there are the people who hate it for being "too conventional". That's the one that bugs me the most.
    Last edited by Hakajin; 16th August 2009 at 3:10 AM.
    These are my fanfics. Read them. Or not, whatever.
    Pokemon Generations: Satsumi's Journey (Chapter 2 Now Up!)
    My Fanfiction.net Profile

    This is my Tumblr. Read it if you are so inclined.
    The Philosophy of Shipping (shipdr.tumblr.com)

  20. #545
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    39

    Default

    yes! of course! it was their conflicts that made them so unusual and different from the other nicey-nicey ships where all goes well. This shows how i dont understand my own feelings as well, haha.

    i totally agree with waszisname with the long post?...that the time it took for ash and misty to become friends makes it stronger than others and makes the ship more meaningful and let it have more "depth". besides, distance makes the heart grow fonder...




    i suck at posting

  21. #546
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    The Giant Mitten
    Posts
    4,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi
    What was seen cannot be unseen. rofl Poor Chelc. D:
    Srsly. Some people should not be making fan art.

    That one's cute, too! Thanks for posting it! <3 Pokeshipping fan art isn't as hard to find anymore. There seems to be tons of it lately. Pokemon-Search went to having just 49 PS sites to 65 within this week. Not that much of an increase, but still. I founds a lot of cute stuff yesterday.

        Spoiler:- kind of big:


    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi-kun
    That something I don't get. I mean look at the way Rocketshipping has been butchered in fanfiction with James becoming the manly man who must save his damsel in distress Jessie. Him being the dominant one in that relationship is so OOC on so many levels I don't know what to say. Other than the only explanation I have is some people can't get over this age old notion that the man is supposed to be dominant for whatever reason.
    I don't get it, either, lol. That's just terrible about those Rocketshipping fics. D: James is so not the dominant one. If you even think about Ash wearing the pants and not Misty, it's just really boring imo. Because Ash is so dense when it comes to love, and Misty isn't, that's what makes Pokeshipping such a fun shipping for me. I hate the fics that turn Ash into this expert on romance, because it ruins his character AND the shipping for me.

    I think that some of those shippers need to get that idea out of their head, because it's not true in most relationships nowadays, whether they be fictional or irl. :| THIS ISN'T THE OLDEN DAYS ANYMORE.

    Honestly, the people who think Ash and Misty's arguing was that harsh and frequent needs to re-watch the episodes. Like Kasumi stated, it didn't even last that long. Sure, they've argued more than Ash/May and Ash/Dawn, but keep in mind their age AND the things they argued about. ;\

    On the arguing thing, I think it's because some people don't like conflict in their ships. I mean, they like for the characters to get along, be friends, be fluffy and act nice to each other all the time because that's cute, they get along so well they're perfect for each other, and best friends who help and support each other will have the perfect relationship. If they have conflict then that means they're not getting along, and that breaks the harmony between the two. How can they be together if they can't see eye to eye? If they argue too much in the shipper's mind, then that means that if they ever got together that would lead to disastrous relationship, where they would end up breaking up, or worse, as I some one in the Harry Potter fandom claimed that Ron and Hermione would end up with domestic abuse, but that's another story.
    I agree with this. I don't think some shippers understand that without conflict in a relationship, there is something wrong. Yes, conflict all of the time is a bad thing, and you don't want an unhappy relationship, but when you don't have any arguments whatsoever, it's...not healthy at all. All healthy couples argue irl. It doesn't mean the relationship is bad at all if there is arguing, it's just another obstacle for the couple, testing the strength of the relationship. At least, that's how I see it. and ...lol @ what that person said about Ron/Hermione.

    Misty doesn't hate Ash. She's not a psycho girl like some make her out to be. That in and of itself I think is part of the problem people might have with Pokeshipping. Because let's be honest, if Ash was the problem then why would his ships be so popular? Despite the fact he is the problem for most of his ships, denseness much? So in the end, a lot of it probably has to do with her. If they don't like Misty, they don't like Pokeshipping. She's the mean one sent to torture Ash, remember? The one who couldn't forget her bike? The one who constantly attacked him for her own amusement? Her sole purpose was to tear him to shreds. She dreams of the day he gives up training to better society! Thus the question is, why would he be insane enough to be with someone like her? Ash can do better! *Que the shipper picking someone else they consider "better"* [/sacasm]
    This definitely goes for the majority of Ash fangirls that I come across. I know it doesn't apply to all of them but I can't help but think of them when you say this. Because Misty is "mean" to Ash, they won't support Pokeshipping. They think Ash "deserves better," thus supporting Advance and/or Pearlshipping, because May and Dawn are generally nice to Ash.

    Even though there's no strict guidelines as to how anyone should act in any situation, and despite logic teasing and taunting someone you like is actually common in real life, especially with children (ie: the boy who kept teasing the girl who sat next to him to get attention). You wouldn't believe how many people I've heard question that if Drew liked May, why did he taunt her? It's not as complicated as everyone thinks, considering kids do it and the characters we're talking about are technically kids.

    Misty is still young, and maybe she is light years ahead of Ash in the romance department, but that doesn't mean she's fully mature and in control of her feelings at her current age either. Besides telling someone how you feel when not exactly sure of how they feel isn't exactly easy. So in response Misty teased and taunted him to gain his attention, divert attention away from the idea she liked him, and didn't tell him because she wasn't ready to take that risk, and wasn't sure if he was either.
    I think it happens to all kids at some point, or at least most. I know I did it when I was a kid, lol. I didn't know any other way to express my feelings, and I was too afraid to tell the guy(s) I liked how I felt, so I just made fun of them or found something to argue about with them. It was fun and made me feel closer to them. I think that might have been how Misty felt, too.

    It's not easy "confessing" to the person you like, ESPECIALLY when you are a ten-year-old girl. It's nerve-wrecking even thinking about it. You want so desperately to be accepted by that person special to you that you will do anything to make sure nothing changes your relationship with them. Telling them your feelings could either hurt the relationship or make it better, and of course at that age the negative outcome seems the most likely. I can definitely understand why Misty still hasn't told Ash how she feels, going through similar experiences myself.
    Currently a little busy. I'll respond to all messages when I can.

  22. #547
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    133

    Default

    Nice fanarts, everyone!

    Whyyyyy do people have such a problem with Pokeshipping?!

    I think it's mostly what Hakajin said. Back in the day (prior to AG) a lot of Pokeshipping fans were, well, militant. They didn't tolerate other ships very well. Also, many of them were quite uneducated and went around saying things like, "ZOMG Misty likes Ash because of teh Misty's Song!" Pokeshippers were seen as very childish fangirls and boys who went around screaming "AAML 4eva kawaii!" and such. (I suppose there's a reason why Pokeshipping is also known as Gakishipping. -_-) Of course, one shouldn't hate a ship because of it's fans, but a lot of people did (do?) hate Pokeshipping because of the Pokeshippers, which is unfortunate.

    I also think a lot of what others have said is true. People don't like that Misty is "mean" to Ash. They think he deserves the other two girls because they're nicer to him. They don't seem to realize that, like Yosh-kun and Chelc said, teasing and picking on people are sort of the hallmarks of a crush at that age. Honestly, ten-year-olds don't act like adults or even teenagers; they're going to be a bit more immature when it comes to romance. I would get into it further, but I think Yoshi-Kun and Chelc have explained it well.

    OK, maybe I will get into it furhter by just saying that Misty is simply insecure about her feelings and trying to hide them by teasing Ash. She's not some psycho b***h like many Advanceshipping and Pearlshipping fanfic writers like to think. (Honestly, how many of those fics have I seen where Misty is totally manipulative and downright mean and always trying to get sweet angel May or Dawn away from Ash? Oh, yeah, and Drew's abusive towards May...right.) People seem to have forgotten what it's like to be ten, which I find weird because I still remember and I'd wager that I'm older than ninety-five perecent of the fandom.
    Milotic on fanfiction.net.

  23. #548
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Deep (Fried) South
    Posts
    5,223

    Default

    Oh, what about the fics that make May and Dawn ****s who throw themselves at Ash and/or idiots? Oh, there's another trope page for this!
    Die for Our Ship
    It's so true! The link to the Guided Tour of Nadescico Fanfics on that page is also hilarious, even if you're not familiar with that fandom (which I am not). It's universal! But yeah, a lot of shippers have the tendency to grossly exaggerate certain traits in other characters, or even invent them, for the sake of their ship.
    These are my fanfics. Read them. Or not, whatever.
    Pokemon Generations: Satsumi's Journey (Chapter 2 Now Up!)
    My Fanfiction.net Profile

    This is my Tumblr. Read it if you are so inclined.
    The Philosophy of Shipping (shipdr.tumblr.com)

  24. #549
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    San Jose, CA in the USA!
    Posts
    1,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Milotic17 View Post

    OK, maybe I will get into it furhter by just saying that Misty is simply insecure about her feelings and trying to hide them by teasing Ash. She's not some psycho b***h like many Advanceshipping and Pearlshipping fanfic writers like to think. (Honestly, how many of those fics have I seen where Misty is totally manipulative and downright mean and always trying to get sweet angel May or Dawn away from Ash? Oh, yeah, and Drew's abusive towards May...right.) People seem to have forgotten what it's like to be ten, which I find weird because I still remember and I'd wager that I'm older than ninety-five perecent of the fandom.
    Ugh, I hate it when fics are like that. I've read fics where someone has either May or Dawn or some other girl beat up Misty since shes incredibly close to Ash. Then once they see that Ash still loves Misty despite what happened, then the girl either attempts to kill Misty again, or winds up committing suicide. Either way, it just turns the whole fic ugly. As well as give a majority of the characters a bad light.

    Speaking of Ash and Misty arguing....heres a topic i'll ask:

    Ash and Misty seemed to have argued about a lot of things, but whats one thing that you'd like to see Ash and Misty argue with each other about? ^^ And what will happen?

    and also:

    What is your favorite Ash and Misty argument moment?
    Last edited by Moogleborg; 16th August 2009 at 3:16 AM. Reason: Adding a topic. ^_^


    Paired with the Artistic Melody now over three years! (Glomps Melody)

    I am the optimistic Pokeshipping warrior of San Jose, California! I am Moogleborg! SHINRYUKEN!!

  25. #550
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Ash and Misty seemed to have argued about a lot of things, but whats one thing that you'd like to see Ash and Misty argue with each other about? ^^ And what will happen?

    Probably about Ash's Dense reactions

    When romantic situations or more soft scenes are shown , Ash didnt get at first ( and mostly didnt get at the end either) and that makes him weird at that time. And that make Misty little angry about it and the arguement is start. I think Misty might wanted to Ash less Dense then now. I dont know the reasons but Pokemon Crazy Ash can be annoying sometimes but we still love him , like Misty
    Pokemon Fan who born from its ''Ashes''

Page 22 of 255 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •