Page 220 of 255 FirstFirst ... 120170210216217218219220221222223224230 ... LastLast
Results 5,476 to 5,500 of 6352

Thread: PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

As for Misty getting jealous... for me, it bothers her for there to be another girl at Ash's side. Like, even if she's not worried about him liking someone else, she was always the one supporting him and cheering him on, and... it bothers her that other girls have taken on that role for Ash. She wants to be the one who's always there for him...

But I don't think she'd be openly jealous of Serena. You had girls like Macy, who were annoying about it, but Serena keeps her feelings for Ash to herself. I think it would bother Misty, but I think she wouldn't feel right about being antagonistic toward her. I don't know much about Serena, but it'd probably be the same for her.

What I see Misty doing in that situation is taking it out on Ash. Partly because she's upset, partly because she wants to hide her feelings, and partly because that's one way she shows her closeness to Ash. And I think that would probably make Serena defensive of Ash. She'd probably misunderstand and think that Misty was really being mean to him. And it would upset her that Ash would still be friends with such a person. Then he'd try to explain to her, and that'd just upset her more, like, why's he taking her side? Maybe Serena would also pick up on the feelings between Ash and Misty, whether she realized it consciously or not, and would be jealous that she can't be so casual with him. Then there'd be that scenario I like where Misty and Serena have to save Ash, for some reason, and Serena would finally understand how much Misty really cares about Ash. That would make her sad, but she'd also respect Misty for it and be glad that Ash has someone who cares about him so much.
    These are my fanfics. Read them. Or not, whatever.
    Pokemon Generations: Satsumi's Journey (Chapter 2 Now Up!)
    My Fanfiction.net Profile

This is my Tumblr. Read it if you are so inclined.
    The Philosophy of Shipping (shipdr.tumblr.com)

I gotta say, I really think you hit the nail in the head with Misty's possible behavior. That seems like what she would do to a T.

Is also like to take this time to link to a couple articles detailing am interview with Masamitsu Hidaka. This is relevant to Misty.

First: http://pokebeach.com/2008/07/intervi...-at-anime-expo

Second: http://pokebeach.com/2008/07/second-...resting-points

It is interesting how he states that Misty is not to return; however, keep in mind this was conducted in 2007-2008. Secondly, the part about eye candy...well, just read it!
    Last edited by Jfloydian; 5th April 2014 at 3:22 AM.
    Ash+Misty Forever!

He said that she wouldn't return completely, but he made it clear she would make cameos. We just don't know when.
    Also, yes I'm rewatching AG episode recently to refresh my brain (on season 8!) and I love how in Judgement Day, Misty was mentioned. I love how Ash just goes.."That's Misty's Gym!" Instead of just mentioning it's the Cerulean Gym Badge or anything. I liked how in AG and DP they had references of her unlike BW and XY (so far)
    Crazy Shipper|Misty, May, and Drew|Anime Fangirl

Quote Originally Posted by Pokeshipper9000 View Post
    He said that she wouldn't return completely, but he made it clear she would make cameos. We just don't know when.
    Yeah, the guy who was interviewed said that she could still make minor appearances, but that hasn't happened aside from a few mentions and flashbacks. I'm sure that she'll return for a small role again at some point to rekindle PokeShipping though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    Yeah, the guy who was interviewed said that she could still make minor appearances, but that hasn't happened aside from a few mentions and flashbacks. I'm sure that she'll return for a small role again at some point to rekindle PokeShipping though.
    I know Misty will make an appearance one point of the show. Whenever she does, I'll be ready.. I miss her so much, and rewatching all this makes me nostalgic. I love how she's still mentioned here on out but it's starting to get old. I rather have a cameo.

Question time:

In what environment should Ash and Misty reveal their feelings for each other?

Well given that Misty is a famous Gym Leader and Ash is famous as one of the few trainers to compete in all the major Pokemon Leagues, I say they should reveal their feelings in a worldwide televised ceremony attended by all their family and friends and many important members of the media, who have probably been speculating about the relationship between the two for years.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu Fan Number Nine View Post
    Question time:

Well given that Misty is a famous Gym Leader and Ash is famous as one of the few trainers to compete in all the major Pokemon Leagues, I say they should reveal their feelings in a worldwide televised ceremony attended by all their family and friends and many important members of the media, who have probably been speculating about the relationship between the two for years.
    I miss Misty too guys. I just don't even watch other series other than Original and XY, it's just not the same. As for the question, I tnk that's a little over the top to ever happen though it would be cool!

I'd like it to be the two of them alone, maybe in Misty's gym! Imagine...Misty training her Pokemon in the water, Ash watching and admiring how sweet and beautiful she is. He walks up to sit by the edge of the pool and she swims up to ask, "what's wrong Ash?"

"Oh, nothing Misty."
    "Well it sure doesn't seem like nothing to me!"
    "It's just that...I thi I finally realize something now..."
    Pikachu squeels, "pika pi?"
    Misty's eyes widen as she starts to blush.
    "Like what Ash?" She asks as her heart starts to pound heavy.
    "Misty, all these years without...it's been so difficult. I never realized how much I missed you..."
    "Oh Ash...I...I missed you a lot too."
    Then they shyly go in for a kiss.
    Both beet red they pull away -- Misty whispers, "I...really...like you a lot Ash"
    "....I really like you too Misty."

Cue more kissing as her sisters walk in on them and start to make fun of her and Misty starts going off on them.
    Ash+Misty Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jfloydian View Post
    I gotta say, I really think you hit the nail in the head with Misty's possible behavior. That seems like what she would do to a T.

Is also like to take this time to link to a couple articles detailing am interview with Masamitsu Hidaka. This is relevant to Misty.

First: http://pokebeach.com/2008/07/intervi...-at-anime-expo

Second: http://pokebeach.com/2008/07/second-...resting-points

It is interesting how he states that Misty is not to return; however, keep in mind this was conducted in 2007-2008. Secondly, the part about eye candy...well, just read it!
    Yeah i know about that interview, quite controversial one given in what way writing staff perceives female protagonists and main reasoning behind thei replacing. Coming of as sexist views imho.

Sadly he stated how they dont plan to bring Misty back as main character ever again, but he basically confirmed how she will continue to make appearances in person like she used to do in past. Either by meeting up with Ash on road at some point or by entering tournament meeting up with Ash and co that way. Similar how May did when returning for Wallace Cup.

Only problem is how ever since 2005. Misty didn't got any in flesh return at all unfortunately.

Although mr. Hidaka words shouldnot be viewed as "set in stone" both about MIsty appearing or not returning as main character ever again.
    Going by context of interview it can be noticed how mr.Hidaka wasnt aware of some things which were public knowleadge already like Platinum coming out,having no clue about it which means he doesnt have much contact with writers as he used to have. Thus not being fully familiar with their future plans and whether stance about some things changed or didn't(especially when pokemon anime got new director in charge in XY).

Point is how writers tend to change their minds. Like they did with Brock case in OI for example bringing him back, scrapping GS ball in favor of featuring Celebii through 4th movie, removing contests as one of main plots from anime, replacing bRock after being in cast for 11 years, having for first time 2 girls in main group(somehing anime never did before).

Patterns are constantly breaked so nothing should be viewed as "set in stone" if you ask me because if writers regain interest in past character like Misty wanting to do something significant with him, in theory initial decision can be withdrawn bringing back past companion in future providing his presence could help advance current story.With Misty story being unfinished and open as far as her dreams and goals of becoming water master, love life and feelings she holds for Ash and unresolved insecurities and flaws go.
    Giving her stamina to be easily brought back with purpose of progressing her dreams and affinities through sequel.

Spoiler:- potential:

Since im in here, i might as well answer this question.

In my opinion one of more plausible scenarios would involve Misty and Ash bumping into each other at some big tournament seeing her entering it to advance dream of becoming top class water master, and to prove her worth becoming recognized and renowned for her abilities as water trainer.

Leading to them eventually battling each other having common language when competing and side is in question, tending to act stubborn, quarrel and be annoyed in trying to outplay each other (especiallywhen there is something they both want to accomplish) . With heat of battle and atmosphere bringing them closer to each other eventually. With Misty with lot of hesitation and insecurity after battle whispering to Ash how she always holded special feelings and how she loves him leaving initially Ash all perplexed and shocked.

Obviously knowing Misty proactive, headstrong nature i believe if someone were to make first move in here it would be her.

Also, yes I'm rewatching AG episode recently to refresh my brain (on season 8!) and I love how in Judgement Day, Misty was mentioned. I love how Ash just goes.."That's Misty's Gym!" Instead of just mentioning it's the Cerulean Gym Badge or anything. I liked how in AG and DP they had references of her unlike BW and XY (so far)
    It's quite sad that that's only dub-only line, as in the original Ash just stated that Jimmy had to be very strong trainer to win the Cascade badge. But even though there wasn't direct mention of Misty from Ash's side in Japanese, it's still very noticeable that Ash acknowledges Misty as a strong gym leader who is very hard to beat.

And as for Misty and Serena. If they met each other I doubt they would become "rivals in love". If they realised they both like Ash, maybe it would be a bit uncomfortable and awkward at first but I could imagine Misty and Serena becoming good friends. I still don't think there would be any conflict of any sort between them. If Misty reunited with Ash in Kalos, I'd actually see it to focus more on Bonnie and her role as Clemont's little sister. I really could see Misty and Bonnie bonding and sharing their experiences as the youngest sibling, like the writers did back in AG with Max.

Really? That sucks..I don't see why it would hurt to have mentioned her, but probably he was thinking about it? Anyways, good point because he obviously had been talking about Misty because there's no way the three sensational sisters would have been the strong trainers, when he said actually it was out of luck I'm like yup that's daisy.
    Also, was it mentioned that Misty wasn't at the gym at the time? Or was that also added?

In an open environment. I think anything that involves a watery environment, or I could imagine Ash visiting Misty in the gym to confess her feelings, I could also see Ash taking Misty in Pallet Town, in his house then confess,. I dunno. I think this is all what I could think. A surprise confession is something that I could think off.XD
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

|| Multishipper || Bias:鹿晗 || hwaiting! || Inactive||

Ok guys, here is another one for you.

What is your favorite picture of Ash and Misty together?

It can be from the anime, mangas, fan art -- I don't care. Show as many as you like.

Here's one: hqdefault.jpg

Again: http://kurumierika.deviantart.com/ar...ping-341118003

Last: http://www.freewebs.com/kasumisukimi...ring%20Ash.jpg

Bonus: http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...1023010610.jpg
    Ash+Misty Forever!

Ok guys, here is another one for you.

What is your favorite picture of Ash and Misty together?

It can be from the anime, mangas, fan art -- I don't care. Show as many as you like.

Here's one: hqdefault.jpg

Again: http://kurumierika.deviantart.com/ar...ping-341118003

Last: http://www.freewebs.com/kasumisukimi...ring%20Ash.jpg

Bonus: http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...1023010610.jpg
    I had lot os favorite fanarts from my favorite fanartists, the second one was actually one of my favorites. Teppo's art is included in my top list when it comes to fanarts.
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

|| Multishipper || Bias:鹿晗 || hwaiting! || Inactive||

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu Fan Number Nine View Post
    Question time:

Well, like I said earlier, I'd really like it if Misty confessed her feelings when Ash was going through a hard time, just so he'd know she was there for him. He'd lean on her, but then, when everything was cleared up, he'd think really seriously about how to answer her, because Misty's so important to him. He'd be confused, because he's never really thought about love much... so he'd go around asking all his other friends about what love is supposed to feel like. Which would be more and less helpful (Brock, especially, would just make him more confused, because his version of love is... different, lol). In the end... I think he'd end up telling Misty that he's confused about it, and she'd get him to describe exactly how he feels. And they'd sort of try it out, play it by ear, and go from there.

I miss Misty too guys. I just don't even watch other series other than Original and XY, it's just not the same. As for the question, I tnk that's a little over the top to ever happen though it would be cool!

I'd like it to be the two of them alone, maybe in Misty's gym! Imagine...Misty training her Pokemon in the water, Ash watching and admiring how sweet and beautiful she is. He walks up to sit by the edge of the pool and she swims up to ask, "what's wrong Ash?"

"Oh, nothing Misty."
    "Well it sure doesn't seem like nothing to me!"
    "It's just that...I thi I finally realize something now..."
    Pikachu squeels, "pika pi?"
    Misty's eyes widen as she starts to blush.
    "Like what Ash?" She asks as her heart starts to pound heavy.
    "Misty, all these years without...it's been so difficult. I never realized how much I missed you..."
    "Oh Ash...I...I missed you a lot too."
    Then they shyly go in for a kiss.
    Both beet red they pull away -- Misty whispers, "I...really...like you a lot Ash"
    "....I really like you too Misty."

Cue more kissing as her sisters walk in on them and start to make fun of her and Misty starts going off on them.
    I like but be more relastic at end Lily and Violet are to off in own world to ever walk into the gym. Daisy would walk in leading Tracey and Brock and say something about kissing couple having company. Brock would say finally upon seeing two kiss and run off to call Delia. Tracey would cautiously say I told you so and Daisy in her friendly tease would say something that would bug Misty more then it should or Daisy will get sappy and say mu baby sis sure is growing up. You know it could go either way. Also we can't forget psyduck popping out of its ball happily for the two.
    Pokémon ships I am most into.
    Firm ships poke,handyman,and contest.

Loose ships, Paul x Dawn x Zoey,Paul x Dawn, Dawn x Zoey, and Clemont x Serena

Platonically flirt ships Delia x Oak and Delia x Brock.

Favorite friendship ship
    Misty x May

You're right! Psyduck would def pop out with that grin on his face and Misty would get so mad!
    Ash+Misty Forever!

Cerulean cape, definitely. They'd have a little walk around Cerulean city and end up to the Cerulean cape, which, according to games, is one of Misty's favourite places and is also the place for couples. They'd enjoy the scenery there and Misty starts the conversation explaining the meaning of Cerulean cape and that she likes to go there to watch sunset. Maybe she also tells Ash that it's very ideal spot for dates, with a blush on her face. Upon hearing that, Ash's face gets flushed as well but he shrugs it off and smiling tells her something like he'll keep that on mind when they go on a date someday. Misty gets all surprised but Ash just smiles and winks at her, which causes them both to laugh. They continue to watch the beautiful scenery holding hands and Misty leaning on Ash a little.

I think that would be very Ash and Misty like scenario. I can't really imagine them to say straightforward liking each other, unless it's a very hectic situation. But you don't always need words to express your feelings to the other and I think expressing the like/love towards the other indirectly like this suits them better than just blurting out the words "I like you", a kiss following suit.

Has Cerulean Cape ever been mentioned in OS before? It would be interesting if Ash and Misty would be there admitting there feelings. Or in the G/S/C version where Misty has her famous dating spot that could be where her and Ash could be. I say it's romantic

Quote Originally Posted by Pokeshipper9000 View Post
    Has Cerulean Cape ever been mentioned in OS before? It would be interesting if Ash and Misty would be there admitting there feelings. Or in the G/S/C version where Misty has her famous dating spot that could be where her and Ash could be. I say it's romantic
    Unfortunately the Cape hasn't been mentioned at all in the anime, and speaking of that "dating spot" where she was in the game with some guy....was I the only one who got a little pissed at another guy being there with her? I wish it was Ash.

It could have been Ash...he did have black hair....what do you guys think? I doubt it was meant to be him but then again...you never know.
    Ash+Misty Forever!

Well, in the anime Bill's lighthouse is located at Cerulean cape.

and speaking of that "dating spot" where she was in the game with some guy....was I the only one who got a little pissed at another guy being there with her? I wish it was Ash.
    We used to discuss about that mysterious guy with my friend back in the day when G/S/C were still rather new. I always liked to think that he was Ash but my friend had other opinion about that, since she liked to refer the playable character as Ash and was very pissed and wailed at me that "why isn't she on date with Ash?!"

In the HG/SS version Misty's secret date has brown hair though... Then me and my friend had the exactly same thought "why wasn't she on date with Ash?!"

But I don't think they ever actually mentioned it was the cape...either way that would be a really cool place for them to be.

I would like to stick to the original versions of the game where he does have black hair, wishful thinking on all of our parts of course but it IS possible. Someone should write a fanfic involving that moment.
    Ash+Misty Forever!

Ash doesn't really exist in the games though, because they are two different universes... Even if he did, time actually passes in the games and Misty have aged. Lot's of things could have happened during that time. I still think Misty and other main characters should return to the show temporarily though! Just for an episode or two, like a special!

Yup I'm weird.
    Credit: ico

Right! Even though they are considered two separate universes...it's really cool to think that WHAT IF. Just...what if the game devs put that in there on purpose. It...is a little strange. I mean, all other couples will battle together...this guy runs away.

It's fun to think about anyway.
    Ash+Misty Forever!

The game is different. The only person who's supposed to be portrayed as Ash is supposed to be red, not silver so. Anyways, Misty (that's why here HG/SS version looks different with the new suit and hairstyle) is because she's supposed to be three years older then in FR and LG. It takes place three years later. So even if she was dating someone in the newer games, game verse Misty and Brock don't even know who Ash is. They'll know Red, but not Ash.

Yeah, the games are different. Though someone I used to know said maybe that was why Red was all alone in a dark cave in G/S- he was sulking because Misty was dating someone else, lol.

Page 220 of 255 FirstFirst ... 120170210216217218219220221222223224230 ... LastLast