Page 24 of 254 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast

Thread: PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

I'm not as faithful as you guys

I did support Pokeshipping when I got into the anime (even though the first episode I watched was more Gymshipping than Pokeshipping LOL) but when the gang went to Johto, I lost service to Kids WB. So I was without the anime for many years. I got back into the show when I saw the 6th movie (and it was the dub - yes, I saw the PS hint there lol), but when I saw the new girl, I started pairing those two up, no questions asked.

A few years after that, Pokemon started airing on Miguzi. So I started watching the show again, and since it was the BF season, I got exposed to all the Contestshipping it had. So I started shipping THAT. And then I began to wonder what happened with Ash and Misty. So I started browsing the internet looking for it, and found a Youtube clip of Gotta Catch ya Later. Yeah, that was enough for me to get right back into Pokeshipping XD. I decided it was just too inconclusive to completely forget about the ship, so I kept my resolve, and I've been a Pokeshipper for three years straight I'M WAY TOO OLD TO BE WATCHING AND KEEPING TRACK OF THIS.

Do you know anyone (it may be you) that perhaps used to be a different shipper and then took the right path on Pokeshipping? Did they say why?

I answered that question, basically. Though, the "right path" sounds way too mean and close-minded. I still have a soft spot for Advanceshipping

I like the current topic - it's really interesting to hear everyone's history with Pokeshipping. I've been a Pokeshipper myself since... well since I grasped the concept of romance in Pokemon lol. When I started watching Pokemon as an 8 year old in 1999 (my first episode was Pokemon Emergency. *Gasp* I missed the birth of AAML in the first episode!), all I could gather from their friendship was that they bickered loads but were strong enough friends to not let their arguments overcome their friendship. I guess that in my child subconscience I may have been aware that there was perhaps something more to their relationship, yet it took until my first viewing of the Orange Islands and Pokemon 2000 until the reality finally clicked in - Ash and Misty were made for each other!

So since then, i'd say i've been a pretty consistent Pokeshipper. My all time high in the community was when I first came across SPPf and the Pokeshipping thread full of avid Pokeshippers. Bear in mind that this was literally months after AG had begun in Japan and despite the disappointment about Misty leaving, we were all in defiant mood. That, I believe is what kept me and many others into AAML. I never really got into Advanceshipping so there wasn't even anything for me to fall back onto should Pokeshipping have ceased to exist. A year or two on and i'd say only the die-hard breed of Pokeshippers remained - thankfully including myself lol. I have to admit though that doubts crept in about Misty coming back permanently or anything happening of note on the AAML front.

However, Misty's failure to return changed my attitude about Pokeshipping somewhat. I went from one where I remained convinced that fanpower was strong enough to keep the shipping going and eventually it would happen, to one where I thought "hang on... this ship isn't going to be happening anytime soon, so why not just let my real life go on?" I've indeed become a lot more laid back about Pokeshipping than I used to be, and as a result have learnt to not get my expectations high. In the meantime I have developed an interest in Pearlshipping and Abilityshipping, but I wouldn't say that at any point they have made me forget about Pokeshipping.

To this day I hope that AAML will happen, but over time I have become a lot more realistic in that I know that the onus is on the writers to bring Misty and the shipping back into the fold. Am I any less of a Pokeshipper because of this? I'd say no.

[/rantover]

aww I love you guys so much!! ^___^
    Okay so I guess I've been a Pokeshipper since the beginning although I wasn't really aware of romance. By the time Orange Islands came around *pwnage* I was in LOVE with the idea of AAML. I actually didn't find out the name Pokeshipping until I stumbled upon serebii in 05. :] Since then it's the only ship I've followed with fervency. I tried contestshipping and ikarishipping nad I like them but they don't light that spark in me like Pokeshipping. I'm not gonna lie, i've TRIED to see advanced and pearlshippers' sides of the argument but they just don't get me like Pokeshipping.
    ITS SUCH A CUTE NAME! :}

There are also many multishippers in this fandom. It's hard to find people who are completely dedicated to Pokeshipping anymore, because they most likely support Advance or Pearl, too. So, yeah.
    I could never ship two ships that go against each other tbh :x
    Pokeshipper
    (n.): Because we don't forget 5five
    seasons, 4four cameos, 3three supporters,
    2two gifts, and 1one departure worth of emotions.

When Ash and Misty finally confess their feelings to each other, would you like it to be a private moment, or something for everyone to see?

Well, in my mind it would prolly be a combination of the two.

It would go something like this -- Ash and Misty are standing in a clearing, staring up at the sky, when they suddenly realize they're holding hands. After wild blushing and stammered apologies, then this conversation will start-

Ash: Um, Misty?
    Misty: Yeah, Ash?
    Ash: I, uh, there's something I've wanted to say for a while. I, erm, um, *clears throat* I love you.
    *silence*
    Ash: I-I'm sorry if you don't feel the same, but- *interrupted by a kiss from Misty* ?!
    Misty: Ash, you idiot! I love you, too!

And after this they embrace and kiss... until they hear a "Crooooooooo..." from the bushes.

Ash: What the-?! Brock? Are you in there?!
    *Brock and Dawn sheepishly rise from the bushes where they were spying on the lovers*
    Dawn: Um... congratulations?
    Ash and Misty: WHY YOU-!!!!

What I mean is, when they confess, they might just THINK they're alone, but then they realize that there's other people around them. Sure, it's silly, but it seems to fit for me.
    Oh, me? I have a little problem.
    You see...

I'M CRAZY!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chelc View Post
    Since Ash Catches a Pokemon! aired here for the first time on September 10, 1998, I have been a Pokeshipper. ELEVEN YEARS, YEAH BOIIIII. HAHA I was seven years old...jeez I've been in this fandom for way too long. I'M OLD.

I agree with what Hakajin said. I mean, look at how long most of us have been Pokeshippers, lol. That's a looooong time for someone to like a shipping. Most people give up on stuff like shippings after a couple years or so and find another shipping/fandom. There are also many multishippers in this fandom. It's hard to find people who are completely dedicated to Pokeshipping anymore, because they most likely support Advance or Pearl, too. So, yeah. I think that's why there aren't many PS fics anymore. Most PSers are older too and don't have as much time to dedicate themselves to fan fics, too, as they could when they were younger.
    I know. I'm pretty old, too. But there is something about PokéShipping that I just know that I'm always going to love it no matter what. I really didn't become a PokéShipper until "Misty Meets Her Match", so I've been a PokéShipper for ten years. I mean, I've noticed hints in the first season, but at that time, I actually thought Misty was too mean to him (ironically like what you were talking about before), and I nearly hated her for it. I still can't believe I actually thought that way. But I've never paired Misty with Brock, Tracey, or anyone else. With Ash, I'm neutral towards AdvanceShipping and PearlShipping, and haven't been convinced with these ships.

Do you know anyone (it may be you) that perhaps used to be a different shipper and then took the right path on Pokeshipping? Did they say why?

I lol'd at it saying "the right path on PokéShipping". There's no real right path for shipping. Anyway, I don't have anyone to talk with about Pokémon outside of the Internet except for my brother. While he's not really into shipping, he does support PokéShipping.
    Last edited by Espeonic; 24th August 2009 at 7:04 AM.
    "It's all right, it's all right, it's all right. Yeah, sometimes you gotta lose 'til you win.
    It's all right, it's all right, it's all right. It'll be all right again."

It wasn't an active decision for me to lose interest. I just found another ship. It happened kind of gradually; I started thinking about the new one more and Pokeshipping less. Well, ships are always most exciting when they're new. I'd gotten interested in a few before, but they never stuck like Pokeshipping. I thought it would be the same with this one, but it's been a year now, so... And Pokeshipping replaced my very first ship in the first place. But shipping just isn't something you can force. Oh, well, at least my new one involves Pokeshipping in some way.

When Ash and Misty finally confess their feelings to each other, would you like it to be a private moment, or something for everyone to see?

Private. Ugh, I hate those moments in fics where everyone is watching and giggling and taking pictures. It was kind of cute the first time, but... well, the other characters are really stand ins for the shippers themselves. It's a self-insertion thing. Happens a lot in chick-flicks, too. But it's too cutesy and... I don't know, self-congratulatory(?) for my tastes.
    These are my fanfics. Read them. Or not, whatever.
    Pokemon Generations: Satsumi's Journey (Chapter 2 Now Up!)
    My Fanfiction.net Profile

This is my Tumblr. Read it if you are so inclined.
    The Philosophy of Shipping (shipdr.tumblr.com)

Ah, I love nostalgia like this. I think I tend to agree with Chelc. I too have been a strict Pokeshipping and nothing else since the beginning -- 11 years. But since many Pokeshippers have grown up and started leading busy lives (college for an example) and tends to push out this kind of stuff.

I admit, I wasn't the same Pokeshipper when I was say around 12-13 years old. But, with age comes maturity (hopefully) and I've come to acquire a modest and reasonable view of Pokeshipping...but I still love it to death and still hope.

Its funny, some have mentioned Pokeshipping fics, and I've recently gotten the writing bug back and started a few Pokeshipping fics. I'm really excited about them. I'll keep you updated.

I have a cool topic: What are your top THREE Pokeshipping moments and why?

3. Pokemon the Movie:2000; the whole movie. I don't really need to explain this one. Hints were extremely obvious albeit mostly on Misty's side. I could watch that movie over and over.

2. Misty Meets Her Match. I think I bought the entire Orange League DVDs just for that episode. You can really tell Misty's dedication to Ash and her feelings become apparent at the end. She chose Ash.

1. And of course...Gotta Catch You Later. This is another no-brainer. Its kinda ironic though since its the episode Misty left the group but I still love it. Especially with Misty's goodbye song...heck we even got some reciprocation on Ash's part. Love that one.

" r u n y o u c l e v e r b o y . . . a n d r e m e m b e r. "

Whats with everyone here talking about age? ^^ Believe it not, i'm 25 here. XD!! So I think i'm pretty much the oldest one here in this thread. ^_^

Adrenaline, can't wait to see your Pokeshipping fics. I've also been making a fic with Melody for the last couple of years....which I need to work on. XD!!

What are your top THREE Pokeshipping moments and why?

3) Whirl Cup Tournament: Not only was this Mistys first win over Ash, but it also exhibited a friendly and supporting rivalry with each other. Instead of this being a humongous grudge match, this became a mature, competitive and supporting battle between the two of them. ^^

2) Pokemon 2000: This movie pretty much had Pokeshipping written all over it! XD!! Especially in an earlier trailer where it had Misty in tears in fears of losing Ash. Speaking of which:

3) Tower of Terror: Misty was not only the only one to hear Ash when he and Pikachu were ghosts, but she also expressed fears of losing Ash, out in the verge of pretty much crying. And who cannot forget the moment of her smilng, blushing and wiping tears out of her eyes when she was happy to see that Ash was alive? I definitely wouldn't. ^_^ And of course, along with a few more moments which also included Gotta Catch Ya Later, Misty has pretty much been the only girl who has cried over Ash. It definitely tells me on how much she truly cares for him. ^_^

Paired with the Artistic Melody now over three years! (Glomps Melody)

I am the optimistic Pokeshipping warrior of San Jose, California! I am Moogleborg! SHINRYUKEN!!

When Ash was a ghost and Misty and Brock were there. Misty was crying. Ash's spirit picked up Misty by the waist. It was cute. ^_^ Misty was happy when Ash awoke. I haven't seen Ash hold any other girls by the waist. Why the waist, Ash? Hm? hahaha I thought it was sweet. "So Misty, you're really worried about me?" She turns around and they are face to face (she can't see) It's almost like when Spiderman and Mary Jane kiss. Ash is upside down almost like Spiderman.

When they are in a cage and Meowth calls them Lovebirds. I loved it! Even Team Rocket knows they're in love. <3

Also, when Misty is talking to Melody in the movie with Lugia, Misty said "Before you start saying it's because I SECRETLY like him, don't 'cause I don't." lol She so likes him. Aww. ^_^

I found some Pokeshipping videos on youtube showing clips of episodes that involve Pokeshipping. They're so cute together. <3
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDeCM...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-jrKzFovII&feature=fvw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhSNm...eature=related

I hope Misty comes back one day and she admits her feelings for him and vice versa. It's so cute how Ash wouldn't let Dawn hold his Misty lure. She can't have his Misty. XD I love Pokeshipping!

I love all Pokeshipping moments. ^_^

Welcome KartWheelyGirl!
    I'm glad everyone's gotten into the discussion on the history of their love for Pokeshipping! yay!! it shall nevah die *like your banner adrenaline* MUAHHAHAHAH!
    there's so many to choose from!!

1. Gotta Catch Ya Later - dun dun dun!! One of the causes of Pokeshipping other than Misty Meets Her Match I love love love the whole "will I ever see you again?" thing and then stupid BROCK had to ruin it ughhhh DX fail moment. Oh well, when Misty's walking alone is plenty of PKshipping proof already and Ash is all "misty... you're bikes there" which should've been "misty... I love you"

2. Whirl Cup - Because they have that cutesy moment where she's standing at the window, looking out at the sky and Ash is sitting smiling at her all contemplatively ^___^

3. Pokemon 2000 - the shippy moments in that movie NEVER get old - Japanese or English dubbed !

some Pokeshipping pichaaas:

Here's tha famous "misty's mine!" lure moment:
    Pokeshipper

Nice video I love these, but i can't see the part 1 "This video is not available in your country due to copyright restrictions. "

I just finished to sub the video when Georgio asks to Misty for a date.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AwB6h9FAFs I hope my english was not too bad... If you saw a error please, tell me I will edit the note

Kasumi Yawa thx for video. I haven't seen this scene in japanese. Stupid 4Kids edited this.
    Bring Misty back! PokeShipping Forever!
    Pokemon White & Pokemon Black

NP =)

Stupid 4Kids edited this.
    I'm thinking that too... the prob : it's not the only edit...

Quote Originally Posted by Kasumi Yawa View Post
    I just finished to sub the video when Georgio asks to Misty for a date.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AwB6h9FAFs I hope my english was not too bad... If you saw a error please, tell me I will edit the note
    SCORE!! Proof that the Japanese want Misty and Ash together!! HAHAHAHAHAH 1-0 to pokeshipping!! >XD
    To make us more happy, i will show you some amazing fanmade comics/pokeshipping clips!!

MY SHIP SHALL NEVAH SINK!
    Pokeshipper

Thank you for welcoming me XxM!styxX.

I love all these drawings and videos/clips of Pokeshipping. =3

I made two pokeshipping artworks.
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...keshipping.png
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...keshipping.png

(Credit goes to spriters-resource and me for the sprites. My first one is also on my deviantart, GymLeaderAshley.)

=D I've just woken up and found myself being greeted by all this adorable fanart/media! What a bright start to my day xD.

Let's see...

1) Navel Maneuvres - I adore the scene where Ash and Danny are scaling the mountain and then Misty and Tracey go past them in the cable car. When Misty says "remember to be extra careful Danny", Ash loses concentration and heatedly exclaims "what's she so worried about him for!!". As a result, he loses his footing and falls some way down the mountain. Aww, jealousy...

2) Pokemon 2000 - OMG, where to start?! I suppose that my favourite moment in the film is where they are all at the hero's banquet and Misty calls Melody a show off. I love it when Melody comes over to their table and starts talking to Ash, which results in Misty casting jealous and loathesome looks to them. When Ash asks Misty if she wants to come along, she snaps at him saying "if you want someone to do whatever you want, whenever you want, you should go find yourself a girlfriend!!". However, every other Pokeshippy moment in the movie runs this extremely close lmao.

3) Pokeball Peril - This is probably the first time that anyone in the show remarked about Ash and Misty looking like a couple... and it came from Team Rocket nonetheless lol! The whole "Jessie... I think we've just caught a couple of romantic creatures in our cage" remark from James is so hilariously cute and makes them blush. It's funny too that this scene sets the whole Pokeshipping subplot for the Orange Islands saga.

Aaand finally, I found this posted by somebody elsewhere, which I found way too cute to not post here lol. It's a movie created by Deviantart user *MiyaToriaka and I guess what makes it so amazing is that she drew the whole thing by hand! The gif is below in spoilers, and it may take time to load.

Spoiler:- Movie - may take a while to load...:

If it won't load here, then here's the direct link to *MiyaToriaka's Deviantart profile.

omgggggg that totally inspires me for my fic!! Its so cute and so Ash/Misty like. its not too much its like.. perfect!! LOVES ITT. My favorite part is when they both close their eyes and put their noses together and Ash does this teethy grin!! Its adorkable!!
    OMG PLZZZ JAPANESE WRITERS PLEASE GIVE US THISSSS ^
    Ash looks like a monkey and I love how hes in his sinnoh outfit

some more cute little images.

^ this is hilarious if you read what everyone is saying, especially clueless brocko!

hahaha i think is one was made before contestshipping happened ^ ahah

^ Ash's loved ones ^____^

POKESHIPPING DRIVES ME BANANAS (in a good way)
    Last edited by XxM!styxX; 25th August 2009 at 5:35 PM.
    Pokeshipper

It's odd that one of the pics you found would be one of onewingedmuse's comic strips, since I happened to see this comment, and I think that, while a little cynical of the anime in general, it does bring up a good point about how, as long as people support it, Pokeshipping will never die. -> http://comments.deviantart.com/1/134640814/1178742042

Also, if you're curious, here's the artwork where the comment was posted. -> http://onewingedmuse.deviantart.com/...omic-134640814

Speaking of people on Deviantart, if anyone's interested, I could put up a link to Destiny and One Dream, which is a doujinshi created by MiyaToriaka, the same artist who made that little hand-drawn AAML minimovie.
    You see...

I'M CRAZY!!!!

Speaking of people on Deviantart, if anyone's interested, I could put up a link to Destiny and One Dream, which is a doujinshi created by MiyaToriaka, the same artist who made that little hand-drawn AAML minimovie.
    Ohhh please doooo ^______^ its all very exciting. Especially if the doujinshi would involve AAML *crazy for that couple*

and I think that, while a little cynical of the anime in general, it does bring up a good point about how, as long as people support it, Pokeshipping will never die.
    I mean in a sense, that's true for any ship lol. As for Pokeshipping, it can't die even without supporters because there's too much overwhelming truth to it i really don't see Ash ever getting jealous of a girl's attention on another guy other than Misty (correct me if I'm wrong?)
    Pokeshipper

Quote Originally Posted by XxM!styxX View Post
    Ohhh please doooo ^______^ its all very exciting.
    As you wish! -> http://miyatoriaka.deviantart.com/ga...one-dream-Doji

I have to warn you, though, the doujin's story is a bit sad, but it seems to me that some of the really good Pokeshipping fanarts/fanfictions tend to be at least a little sad.

Which gave me an idea for a new topic...

What's your favorite Pokeshipping fanfiction/fancomic?
    You see...

I'M CRAZY!!!!

What's your favorite Pokeshipping fanfiction/fancomic?

It's a difficult decision. I feel I must read more before choosing a favorite.

I'm not sure exactly if someone else has posted this or not, but I found a hint relating to pokeshipping. I don't know if it's dub only, but it's still a hint!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWvEo...eature=related
    Last edited by KartWheelyGirl; 26th August 2009 at 10:16 AM.

I pretty much grew up with PS, i watched the first season and when i grew up with ash and misty it just came to me...its just natural i guess...and the lack of PS is simply age i think. most of the PSers have grown out of it and the younger people are all advance or pearlshippers because they have not seen the first generation. I have watched little bits of advance and pearl the past few years and honestly i dont like may and dawn (big assets for 10year olds and miniskirts ewww) and so uhh, yeah, i dont like their pairings. besides, even if they were less suggestive, im a faithful person!

i really want they together love ther so uch
    MISTY X ASH

i really want they together love ther so uch
    MISTY X ASH

Page 24 of 254 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast