Page 6 of 255 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread: PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jigglypoof View Post
    It's crazy that they went to all that trouble (the dubbers) to convince us of the Ash/Misty pairing - I don't think they could've done any of that without the approval of the Japanese creators, or maybe I'm wrong?
    And yet the got rid of her anyway. You know now that I think of it they wouldn't have gone through all that trouble and do nothing with it and then just get rid of her. I have a feeling Misty will return one day, maybe not as a main character but long enough for her and ash to finally get together.

We'll see what happens. ^_^ Besides, there will be a lot going on between now and the time Ash gets his 8th badge in the Sinnoh league, so we'll see if Misty makes her return between now and the Sinnoh League. ^^

Anyways, i'll be thinking of a topic, its been a while since I posted here and its mostly due to school. ^^

Paired with the Artistic Melody now over three years! (Glomps Melody)

I am the optimistic Pokeshipping warrior of San Jose, California! I am Moogleborg! SHINRYUKEN!!

If you found out tomorrow that the show was ending, and no mention of Misty coming back had been made, how would you feel and would you give up on PokéShipping?

I know I positively won't give up on PokéShipping. My love for the ship is too great for me to ever give up on it. Same goes for my other top ships. Even if there was no mention of Misty appearing in it, I would expect information about the final episode to be kept as secret as possible. It won't be once it airs in Japan, though. Anyway, I expect to see all of the main characters in the final episode, whenever that day finally comes, and if nothing happens between Ash and Misty, then I can accept it. If Ash or Misty was for some reason pair with someone else, especially someone that I didn't see coming, let's just say I be very upset, to say the least. I often think about how the anime would end. I even been thinking about writing a fanfic as to how I would end the anime.

But like Moogleborg said, I'm certain there's still going to be a lot of time before the show ends and a lot can happen during that time.
    Last edited by Espeonic; 9th April 2009 at 8:19 PM.
    "It's all right, it's all right, it's all right. Yeah, sometimes you gotta lose 'til you win.
    It's all right, it's all right, it's all right. It'll be all right again."

Well, I am back after another long, random hiatus! Heh, sorry about that.

If you found out tomorrow that the show was ending, and no mention of Misty coming back had been made, how would you feel and would you give up on PokéShipping?

No. It's funny, it's kind of been solidified in my head. I guess it's because I'm now obsessively shipping their kid (why does that sound so wrong?), and they're married and living happily in my head ('cept when something happens and they get involved in the story). But you know, maybe that happened because... nah, I don't think that's it. Now, if they did end up with someone else, or suggest that that was going to happen, then I'd be upset.
    These are my fanfics. Read them. Or not, whatever.
    Pokemon Generations: Satsumi's Journey (Chapter 2 Now Up!)
    My Fanfiction.net Profile

This is my Tumblr. Read it if you are so inclined.
    The Philosophy of Shipping (shipdr.tumblr.com)

Hello there. I was just signed up and I was read this topic from the start. Must say my hopes are getting fired up when I saw too many PS still have faith in this. Lets hope that Pokeshippers may convince writers about this shipping and return it its Glorious days ( Original Series )

I was cut off from the series a while but after a long time I return with watching from the AG's Start I came back. ( By the way I missed tooo many PS on that road. ) Nowadays I am thinking about watch from the start the whole series but It will take much more time ( with some wrong dub's OFC ) I prefer watch the series with Sub in original series ( Without those wrong hints ) So PS is 1 reason for I want to watch from the start. And I dont want to miss any PS hint ( in Original ) to understand the nature and sensetion between those two.

Before I write something about all these topics I have my own topic to ask.

By the interwiew with Writers, there will be 5. Generation in pokemon. With that in case, Do you believe Misty will take a Bigger part / Even rejoin Ash in his journey and PS will rise again or İs it a lost hope ?

İn my Opinion , With all of these fan comments on Misty X Ash Pair , writers may hear our call for PS's return.I have much more hope at 5. generation ( if there any Female character pop-up again in Generation 5 then we must getting nailed by much more other ships too ) My only fear is ( as seen in DP series ) writers make Misty something like Character of Day , Or even worse ( Like their way to get rid of GS ball all of a sudden ) With every Generation Ash become much more Teenager and by all means he will feel the love sooner or later. I wish that will be happend at Generation 5 with Misty. That can turn our long time wait to success.Or maybe ''Probably like Pokemon chronicles '' writers give the same type story-line for other major characters ( Like May,Dawn ETC) Maybe Writers can use Brock to involve Misty to their Party again ( by looking Brock's past , he left his gym to his family too. And if Daisy dating with Tracey , that gives Misty a chance to get to the roads again by left Daisy on Gym ( with Tracey's support ) these are very slight Chances maybe but it can all become true.We just have to wish and show writers how we can feel about this situation. ( I personally try to mail them but I can find their address and please dont say '' how do you planing to do that ? '' I have no idea for now but I will find something )

So this is my first post to Serebiiforums I hope I can make a good entrance

~mist~ is sooo going to luv me for this

Well, to be honest, I'd actually never thought I'd find myself posting in the PokeShipping Thread. ^^;; But, here I am. I've actually developed an intrest in this Shipping. Ash and Misty really do look like a very cute couple.

By the interview with the writers, there will be 5. Generation in Pokemon. With that in case, Do you believe Misty will take a Bigger part/ Even rejoin Ash in his journey and PS will rise again or Is it a lost hope?

Well, I wouldn't exactly get my hopes up for Misty to come back completely, but maybe for a few episodes would be nice. We could even get some major PS hints even for just, say, 3 or 4 episodes.
    (;

Welcome Wowlock and Sweetpikachu. ^_^

By the interview with the writers, there will be 5. Generation in Pokemon. With that in case, Do you believe Misty will take a Bigger part/ Even rejoin Ash in his journey and PS will rise again or Is it a lost hope?

I think Misty should be able to re-join Ash for the 5th Generation Journey. ^^ Besides, I have a good feeling that shes itching to rejoin Ash in his journey. ^_^ But first things first, is that we'll have to see what happens after the Sinnoh Conference. ^^

I am the optimistic Pokeshipping warrior of San Jose, California! I am Moogleborg! SHINRYUKEN!!

Aww, don't be ashamed of being interested in Pokeshipping, sweetpikachu. I've always liked Pokeshipping so felt kind of embarrassed when I suddenly became interested in Pearlshipping (I recognise you from its thread by the way lol). However, I soon came to realise that there's no shame in liking more than one ship for their own reasons.

I think that in the same interview, the director also mentioned that Misty would probably not enjoy a major role in the show again in the foreseeable future. However, this comment like anything else is open to interpretation based on what you believe to be a 'major role' I guess. For myself, I wouldn't bank on Misty been a main character in the 5th gen (more like the equivalent of May and Dawn i'd say), but I do have high hopes for the possible filler saga between Sinnoh and the 5th gen. Seeing as she was nowhere to be seen in Pallet before Ash set off for Sinnoh, wouldn't it be a perfect gift for Pokeshippers if Misty declared that she would travel with Ash, Dawn and Brock for the filler season?

If this were to happen, it'd definitely prove the old cliche that loyalty pays off.

Oh, and as a side-note, i've been rewatching the first season for the nostalgic element more than anything, but i've also been enjoying all of the cute scenes between Ash and Misty that have surfaced. Doing this just reminds me of my Pokeshipping roots lol.

Greetings, Ash/Misty shippers. No need to worry. It's only me... the political junkie of the Pearlshipping thread. I can recognize a few faces here, and perhaps some of you here recognize me already. Given certain events I've been observing within the past several days, I figure that it's only fair that I offer my own reflections about Pok&#233;shipping. I will admit to having paid attention to Pok&#233;mon since its beginning, so it's interesting that Blazing Charmander -- one of said faces -- should refer to earlier seasons of Pok&#233;mon. You see, now that I think about it, I realize that "Wherefore Art Thou, Pok&#233;mon" was the first episode that left me scratching my head with puzzlement regarding Misty's crush on Ash -- at least, as seen by all of you. Misty called herself a romantic as Tony and Maria chatted with each other, which left Ash grossed out. Next came those fake love letters Misty was writing for Ralph and Emily, whom she regarded as really liking each other, even though they weren't "mature enough to admit it" yet. Tracey then commented about a similar situation between Misty and Ash... which both of them protested rather loudly. Finally, at the end of the episode, Misty was back to her interest in romance, giving an answer to Ash's question about people who change when they get kissed that left me as confused as Ash was. No doubt there were other moments like this one as Ash, Misty, and Tracey traveled through the Orange Islands, and I'm going to assume that all of you have developed a sort of dynamic for Pok&#233;shipping. I may very well offer some more reflections in the future -- keeping the combination of my interest in Pearlshipping with my interest in politics in mind -- but for now, allow me to conclude with this question.:

How did you first get into Pok&#233;shipping? (Meaning: What was the first moment that persuaded you to support Ash and Misty together?)
    Babylon 5, Codename: Kids Next Door, 24, and now, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I am many things at once, and many people might have different opinions about little, old me. If freedom is my main idea, then harmony, individuality, and modernization are the three attributes I now sense and track. Those three attributes and that idea combined to make the United States of America a great global superpower and Pearlshipping and Wishfulshipping great Pokémon couples, and now, they've combined to make those four shows truly great television programs to me. I will enjoy enthusiastically supporting the Equestrian ponies' adventures for peace, for humankind, for the future.

Some of those fanfics from the pokeshippers are effect me greatly about this shipping last couple of days. I nearly believe that those scripts can become true ( I have an imagenary head ) but even if they could become a reality it should be 20th anneversiry of Pokemon at least ( when as become 15-16 years old at least. ) so we can hope but action is more important these times ( at least for these seasons. ) I can expect a Special Episode for these shipping at least
    Pokemon Fan who born from its ''Ashes''

Hi ccangelopearl. "Wherefore Art thou, Pokemon" is certainly one such episode that sets the standards for interactions between Ash and Misty, and I think you've got the general feeling of Pokeshippers spot on by describing the series of events in the episode in the contest of Pokeshipping. It was perhaps in this episode that I truly noticed the gulf in knowledge about romance between Ash and Misty (while Misty played an active part in trying to get Tony and Maria, Ralph and Emily together through love letters, Ash was genuinely clueless), and this gulf was made blatantly obvious when Ash asked whether people change when kissed. Misty replied "guess we'll have to find out for ourselves..."

How did you first get into Pokéshipping? (Meaning: What was the first moment that persuaded you to support Ash and Misty together?)
    I'm certain that i've answered something similar to this recently, so with that in mind, i'll just summarise my story. Basically, Ash and Misty (Brock too, but not relevant in this context) were the two characters who I enjoyed watching on the show, due to their colourful interactions, but as a youngster I typically never sensed feelings of romance between them. However, I later came across these forums where a number of Pokeshippers posted their thoughts regularly. This is when I really noticed the tension between Ash and Misty, and I really warmed to the idea of them being together.

How did you first get into Pok&#233;shipping? (Meaning: What was the first moment that persuaded you to support Ash and Misty together?)

It actually wasn't a moment at all. I'd heard that there was a song called "Don't Say You Love Me," on the soundtrack to the first movie, and I assumed that it was about Ash and Misty. I started imagining possible romantic scenarios, and it gave me that giddy feeling I get from shipping. Nothing happened in the movie, of course, but Pokeshipping stuck. My ideas really started developing into something more substantial during the Orange Islands episodes, and then P2K... that's where most of my interpretation of Misty and of Pokeshipping itself comes from.

How did you first get into Pokéshipping? (Meaning: What was the first moment that persuaded you to support Ash and Misty together?)

Funny thing actually (or not so funny).
    I never got into the Pokémon anime at first, but then i started watching the original series. Then, i got to *depressed sigh* "Gotta catch ya later", and after i watched i was like: "OH EMM GEE! She loves him!" (yeah, i can't believe i did'nt pick up on it before that either)
    And just like that, i was a Pokéshipper for life.

Crap, i need a hug after thinking of that acursed episode *goes into a corner and cries*.
    If i had a signature, you would be reading it right now. But since i don't, you're just wasting your time.

I don't think there was really a moment, but it's been 10 years so I could be wrong. I have this habit of pairing people up in shows, and I just sort of grew attached to the idea of Misty and Ash getting together. Their awkward moments, "Misty's Song" on the first CD, etc. just made the feeling stronger, and it gave me a happy feeling when they interacted with each other. Eventually I sought out fanfiction for it, and some time later, doujinshi (which proves to be hard to find).

Well, due to Mistys actions, quarrels, rivalry and interactions with Ash early on in the show, I slowly thought that perhaps Misty had a crush on Ash. After the Maidens Peak and Tower of Terror Episode I said, "Yep....Misty deinitely loves Ash. ^_^"

Whoops, forgot to answer this!

By the interwiew with Writers, there will be 5. Generation in pokemon. With that in case, Do you believe Misty will take a Bigger part / Even rejoin Ash in his journey and PS will rise again or İs it a lost hope ?

I'm not quite sure I understand, but I'll try. It sure would be nice for Misty to come back for Generation 5, but they'll probably just cycle in another new girl instead - the most I could hope for is more cameos, perhaps in situations that take several episodes to conclude. Or, even more awesome, a part in a movie (even if it was a two second scene of her looking out the window or something - I'll take what I can get at this point).
    Last edited by jigglypoof; 2nd April 2009 at 8:34 PM.

By the interview with Writers, there will be 5. Generation in pokemon. With that in case, Do you believe Misty will take a Bigger part / Even rejoin Ash in his journey and PS will rise again or İs it a lost hope ?
    Hopefully, but not likely. Misty's biggest role in the series is most likely passed; from Indigo to Johto and a few episodes after. It would be a good thing but I don't see it happening.

Here's a old pic for old times:

" r u n y o u c l e v e r b o y . . . a n d r e m e m b e r. "

Greetings once more, and how interesting that jorvach should refer to "Gotta Catch Ya Later!". Due to a certain... factor guiding the course of my thoughts in 2003 -- especially toward sometime after the start of spring that year -- that episode's premiere may have slipped my mind, but hopefully, my reflections tonight will be no less comprehensive than the ones about "Wherefore Art Thou, Pok&#233;mon" were. Apparently, the Viridian City Pok&#233;mon Center's last Nurse Joy had been able to fix Misty's bike, which Ash was happy to learn about. Oddly enough, Misty seemed to be particularly upset at Ash's reaction. I would imagine that the next moment in this episode that caught my attention for these latest reflections proved quietly dramatic for Ash/Misty shippers and Misty fans during the premiere: the song playing as Misty was relaying some reminders to Ash and Brock as they proceeded away from Viridian City.:

*Goodbye. Funny how that's such a hard thing to say.
    Now it's time to let go, but never thought I'd feel this way.
    Promised not to be sad, but we both knew I was lying.
    Gotta fight back the tears 'cause can't let you see me crying.
    You're more than just my best friend.
    What makes me misty most of all,
    In our final curtain call,
    Is knowing that I won't see you... again.*

The ensuing scene may be best left to history, all the way up to Misty's last line about "finally" knowing what Ash feels. Misty may very well have been even more romantic, if within her own thoughts, here than she was in explaining her plan to get Tony and Maria's trainers together, and I remember the scene from adrenaline's screenshot placed somewhere around the words "time to let go" in that song. I don't doubt that "Gotta Catch Ya Later!" brought together what Ash/Misty shippers and Misty fans have admired about her crush on Ash, and now, here we are. I will thank you for allowing me these opportunities to reflect on Pok&#233;shipping, and if any of you wishes to converse with me even further, then you will know where to find me.
    Babylon 5, Codename: Kids Next Door, 24, and now, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I am many things at once, and many people might have different opinions about little, old me. If freedom is my main idea, then harmony, individuality, and modernization are the three attributes I now sense and track. Those three attributes and that idea combined to make the United States of America a great global superpower and Pearlshipping and Wishfulshipping great Pokémon couples, and now, they've combined to make those four shows truly great television programs to me. I will enjoy enthusiastically supporting the Equestrian ponies' adventures for peace, for humankind, for the future.

By the interwiew with Writers, there will be 5. Generation in pokemon. With that in case, Do you believe Misty will take a Bigger part / Even rejoin Ash in his journey and PS will rise again or İs it a lost hope?

Misty is loooong overdue for a decent long cameo in the anime. Hopefully we will get to see her soon and definitely before the league. Or maybe is she makes her appearance in the league!! That would be amazing imo. I'd loove to see her come back in the 5th generation but i doubt it. Maybe an appearance in one of the upcoming movies and play a decent significant role in it? I dunno really..... I'll take whatever I can get honestly from now on as long as Misty comes back for a while ;-)
    Hey everyone! I have recently made a pokémon shipping channel on IRC. This channel is for all Pokémon shipping fans. It doesn't matter what shipping you support. All are welcome. Please show your support by popping in once in a while and see what its like

Server Name ---> irc.systemnet.info
    Channel's name is --> #AnimeShipping
    Port: 6667

Thanks for your support people! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by adrenaline View Post

Rofl. poor Ash.

By the interwiew with Writers, there will be 5. Generation in pokemon. With that in case, Do you believe Misty will take a Bigger part / Even rejoin Ash in his journey and PS will rise again or İs it a lost hope?

Sadly i think she won't be the main girl for 5G but i think she will visit Ash soon. she needs to back on the show. even i miss her. *sniff*
    Last edited by Midnightmoon6o2; 4th April 2009 at 11:20 AM.

Hi pokeshippers! My first post in this comm :]

By the interview with Writers, there will be 5. Generation in pokemon. With that in case, Do you believe Misty will take a Bigger part / Even rejoin Ash in his journey and PS will rise again or İs it a lost hope?

Unfortunately, I really doubt Misty will be back as a main character. Keep in mind that she did have more seasons on the show than May or Dawn have (though not combined) and I think those seasons did her character justice. Still, I really hope there are some multi-episode cameos and such. And if she made an appearance in a movie, I'd squee myself crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenaline View Post

I've always loved that picture

So, with us thinking about possible cameos/parts in a movie:

If Misty was to appear in a future movie, what would you want her role to be? If it could only be a brief scene, what would she be doing?

...By watching a Pokeshipping video. I was bored this one time and I had a weird and random idea of looking for Ash and Misty videos. I seriously don't know why, out of all characters, I chose those two and I don't really care. I continued watching, video after video after video. And my appreciation for Pokeshipping developed slowly but surely.

By the interview with Writers, there will be 5. Generation in pokemon. With that in case, Do you believe Misty will take a Bigger part / Even rejoin Ash in his journey and PS will rise again or İs it a lost hope?

As much as I want her to rejoin Ash, I don't think it will happen because she's a Gym Leader. I really expect a cameo appearance of Misty though. And hopefully, it's not as horrible as the ones in AG (excluding the Togepi ones. Those were pretty much fine, IMO). And besides, it's more likely to happen than her joining Ash in his journey again.
    White:
    Team A:
    Team B:
    Team C:

You know, I should watch GCYL now that I'm not so obsessive. I wonder if I'll cry anyway. Maybe it'll renew my interest... though I wouldn't want to lose my new ship, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakajin View Post
    You know, I should watch GCYL now that I'm not so obsessive. I wonder if I'll cry anyway. Maybe it'll renew my interest... though I wouldn't want to lose my new ship, either.
    You can still have your new ship, even if your interest for Pokeshipping is renewed Hakajin. ^_^ Besides, I love a lot of ships along with Pokeshipping, but Pokeshipping is one of the only few shippings that i'm extremely serious with. ^_^

If Misty was to appear in a future movie, what would you want her role to be? If it could only be a brief scene, what would she be doing?

If Mistys going to be in a movie, then shes going to have a huge, shippy-filled, chock full of awesomeness role with Ash, as long as it also has a tremendous battle scene where Ash and Misty team up to deal the finishing attack! ATAHHH!

Page 6 of 255 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast