Page 73 of 253 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123173 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 6313

Thread: PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

Guys! Do you know if ratings, when Misty got her Hoenn appearance were high? Of course I mean in USA.

Yeah. Nice fanarts.
    Last edited by Semidos; 7th June 2010 at 5:43 PM.
    Bring Misty back! PokeShipping Forever!
    Pokemon White & Pokemon Black

Quote Originally Posted by Semidos View Post
    Guys! Do you know if ratings, when Misty got her Hoenn appearance were high? Of course I mean in USA.
    That's a good question. All I could bet is that during the eight seasons that the old Kid's WB had the show, Pokémon was their highest rated show (athough I would bet there were times when Yu-gi-oh! beat it). I heard when they aired Destiny Deoxys, it gave them their highest ratings during that year. Based on that and how popular Misty is, her's appearances during AG might've been higher rated than other episodes. I would like to see what happens to their ratings just from Misty appearing in an episode now. I suppose if they were good enough, they could push PokéShipping as a result, but who really knows what will happen in the anime in couple of months?

It's so interesting, seeing all of this speculation about what Pokémon Black and White will do to the anime. The DP series actually threw some surprises at us. I mean, I didn't think I would see Nando again after his first episode, but much to my surprise, he kept appearing (not very often, but still), and of course, I didn't think Jessiebelle would EVER appear again, and what do you know? 12 years later, she shows up again. Based on that interview, I would predict the group would be Ash, Brock, and the female BW protaganist. I actually wouldn't mind that too much; I'd love to see how Brock interacts with a girl who's close to his age and traveling with him all the time. But the anime isn't quite as predictable as it may seem sometimes. I don't know about Misty joining the main cast again. Even if they did that and it would help PokéShipping, I don't have a clue as to what they could with Misty beyond PokéShipping, and if they brought her back as main character, I would like her to be doing something. But I guess we're just all excited about the possiblities, right?

If Black and White Anime Saga talk part in an Alternate Timeline/Alternate Dimension do you expect or want the writers to wrap up Ash's tenure as the Hero with him confessing to Misty?

If they in did indeed ended Ash's story with Sinnoh, more than anything else, I would actually like to see him win the Sinnoh League. The DP series is going to end not too far off from now, so I don't know if they could develop Ash and Misty's relationship to that point in this amount of time. What I would love is to see Misty actually going to the Sinnoh League to cheer on Ash, at least. I think a lot of good PokéShipping opprotunities could come from that.
    "It's all right, it's all right, it's all right. Yeah, sometimes you gotta lose 'til you win.
    It's all right, it's all right, it's all right. It'll be all right again."

Well in the ratings market I'm not too sure on what happen during the first start of AG. When they introduced May but in the States Pokemon took a hit to the ratings with the booting of Misty.

May i could say was ill received, and probably the main reason I stopped watching pokemon. There was no dynamic anymore, it wasn't funny and Misty brought out a lot of the shot with her along with Ash. It became a game of "will the writers start letting Ash show some of his feelings towards her or continue to be stupid"

DP i only watched because at the time, i thought Pokemon was going to end so why not watch the last few seasons left.

Anyway, Misty I think has always pushed a bigger boost in the ratings, may not be inside Japan but outside she was very popular. Hopefully that she still will be. I would still like to see more pokeshipping hints... If they are in fact moving away from Ash's saga to someone else I expect Misty to come back just because it would be 'right' for them to do so.

Spoiler:- some of my sigs:

The true test of the Heart comes from within.

Trades:

Trading: Eevee, Johto, Sinnoh, Kanto starters...
    Feebass with Mirror Coat and Surf Combo (just ask for the nature you want)...

Quote Originally Posted by Ashist_Wilketch View Post
    sure is..there's a lot of cosplays there^^,it sure is a POkeshippy cosplay..
    It does prove Pokeshipping still has it's moments in anyways..^^

I also found this pic. ^^Ash could really be a perfect husband for MIsty..
    Luckily..I have made 2 fanarts and I'm planning to post it and make some more.
    Holy ****, that's the girl that appeared in the Japanese trailer for the first movie.

Kasumi's pretty popular in Japan too. They probably took her leave lighter because they were happy to get another anime protagonist that's based on a protagonist in the games, that doesn't set a standard for badass (Red > Satoshi, Haruka = Haruka).
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    Anime Blog [x] Art [0] Bishoujou [0] BMGf [x] LiveJournal [x] Eggbear! [x] Credit [n/a]
    .UVERworld。

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuki Sendo View Post
    Well in the ratings market I'm not too sure on what happen during the first start of AG. When they introduced May but in the States Pokemon took a hit to the ratings with the booting of Misty.

May i could say was ill received, and probably the main reason I stopped watching pokemon. There was no dynamic anymore, it wasn't funny and Misty brought out a lot of the shot with her along with Ash. It became a game of "will the writers start letting Ash show some of his feelings towards her or continue to be stupid"

DP i only watched because at the time, i thought Pokemon was going to end so why not watch the last few seasons left.

Anyway, Misty I think has always pushed a bigger boost in the ratings, may not be inside Japan but outside she was very popular. Hopefully that she still will be. I would still like to see more pokeshipping hints... If they are in fact moving away from Ash's saga to someone else I expect Misty to come back just because it would be 'right' for them to do so.
    And with the declining of ratings, came the loss of interest by 4Kids. Because the writers wouldn't replace Misty's VA in JP, Veronica Taylor herself (among others) got replaced as the voice of Ash. All this also cost Pokemon being part of the Kids WB lineup. Without its biggest hit ever, Kids WB was gone within two years. As Cy Curnin nicely put it, "one thing leads to another you told me something wrong, I know I listen too long".

So, the writers should really be concerned more with how the show is doing in America. If Misty doesn't come back as a main character soon, not even Cartoon Network will want to air Pokemon.

And the overall lesson is - don't replace a character if he or she is too popular to be replaced.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist View Post
    And with the declining of ratings, came the loss of interest by 4Kids. Because the writers wouldn't replace Misty's VA in JP, Veronica Taylor herself (among others) got replaced as the voice of Ash. All this also cost Pokemon being part of the Kids WB lineup. Without its biggest hit ever, Kids WB was gone within two years. As Cy Curnin nicely put it, "one thing leads to another you told me something wrong, I know I listen too long".

So, the writers should really be concerned more with how the show is doing in America. If Misty doesn't come back as a main character soon, not even Cartoon Network will want to air Pokemon.

And the overall lesson is - don't replace a character if he or she is too popular to be replaced.
    Well the better question is what has Misty/Katsumi's VA Mayumi Iizuka been up to since her departure from Pokemon. She has had gigs here and there but nothing that hast lasted long enough.

I guess it goes with the territory with some Actors, they become famous and think they can compete with the A stars like Rie Kugimiya, Satsuki Yukino ect... but find out its harder to land a role without being type cast.

Your right, Pokemon has dipped horribly, I mean CN has been pushing DP back so it now airs around the same time Tom and Jerry does... That seems like a step down to when it was airing around Prime time of 2-5...I mean it cant even beat out the Live Action Junk on CN... You know Pokemon in the States has gone downhill.

Pokemon Jap/USA wants to bilk the anime, fine they can but they should take a note from whats happening. America is a bigger fanbase then in Japan. Mainly because Pokemon, Bleach, Naruto, and slightly few others are actually syndicated over in the states. To get an anime to beat out other US made shows is hard. Japan is flooded by its own shows so its holding its own.

So to point it short, the dynamic between Ash and Misty is what made the show over here in the state a huge success. May was not the 'fresh air' that they thought it would be, people wanted to see Ash and Misty and how things would progress. I want to see Misty come back because its only fair and im sure Mayumi Iizuka could use the work...she hasnt done anything in a while.
    Last edited by Kazuki Sendo; 8th June 2010 at 4:10 AM.

Trades:

You don't have to look hard to see that Pokemon's lost a lot of momentum at least in the states. Remember the days when Pokemon movies actually came out in the movie theatre? Misty was a part of that.

I'm not saying there's be a sudden surge in popularity if she came back or anything. But a lot of people left because she left (moi). Not necessarily because they loved her, but because the 'Revolving Female Protagonist' is generally a case of jumping the shark.

Of course, though I don't have really any hope for Misty rejoining the main-cast and I don't have much hope for Pokeshipping any time soon in the anime (if it starts getting to the bitter end though, there's always a chance). But I am quietly confident that a decade or two down the line, long after the anime has been driven into the ground, Hollywood will furnish us original fans with a nostalgia-filled live-action movie. And then we'll get our Pokeshippy moment because such movies call for a romantic subplot.

...It probably won't be any good, but we'll get it.

I used to felt the way I stopped Pokemon in the first place the time Misty left..but as long as there's a cameo on Misty in AG series..I start watching it again.(and stopped watcing again when DP cames)I mean..For me Misty came differently..in Ash life..There is something that cannot others may not have like MIsty,and I believe it's better for her to return.Just to see Misty return..even not as a main character can really work to gain more Pokeshipping hopes^^
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

|| Multishipper || Red: ShinAya= Kagepro OTP || Inactive ||

Quote Originally Posted by Skiyomi View Post
    You don't have to look hard to see that Pokemon's lost a lot of momentum at least in the states. Remember the days when Pokemon movies actually came out in the movie theatre? Misty was a part of that.

I'm not saying there's be a sudden surge in popularity if she came back or anything. But a lot of people left because she left (moi). Not necessarily because they loved her, but because the 'Revolving Female Protagonist' is generally a case of jumping the shark.

Of course, though I don't have really any hope for Misty rejoining the main-cast and I don't have much hope for Pokeshipping any time soon in the anime (if it starts getting to the bitter end though, there's always a chance). But I am quietly confident that a decade or two down the line, long after the anime has been driven into the ground, Hollywood will furnish us original fans with a nostalgia-filled live-action movie. And then we'll get our Pokeshippy moment because such movies call for a romantic subplot.

...It probably won't be any good, but we'll get it.
    At this point a bad live action pokemon movie wouldnt be bad if it means we get that Pokeshipping end.

At this point I'm still wondering what the writers will do, I really think if they want to boost ratings more they should bring in Misty and add back to the relationship she has with Ash.

Then again what do we know, were just rabid fans and they hold all the keys. They aren't like Tite Kubo who is known to troll Bleach Forums looking for ideas to incorporate into his story. So I mean if the writers were really want to improve the story I think they should stop by read what their fans think then try to fix/incorporate ideas.

Then again... if that happen Misty would have been brought back, Brock would have been gone after AG and instead of Dawn we would have had a male coordinator/Trainer that would push Ash, as well having Misty player a bigger role in Ash's life. Perhaps See Ash move away from his spurts of stupidity both as a trainer and as a person.

Maybe then the series could be seen as getting better and growing a beard. Your right, what the writers/execs have been doing with the girls is jumping the shark. They jumped one with May and another with Dawn. Growing the beard would have been when Ash started to realize his feelings for Misty and now collecting pokemon and trying to nurture a relationship (between Ash and Misty) would have added depth and brought the series into its own independent of the games.

Trades:

Then again what do we know, were just rabid fans and they hold all the keys. They aren't like Tite Kubo who is known to troll Bleach Forums looking for ideas to incorporate into his story. So I mean if the writers were really want to improve the story I think they should stop by read what their fans think then try to fix/incorporate ideas.
    and in this way..the writers may encourage to do some episode further for Pokeshipping to go on.The IDeas may help them to make up more episode on Pokemon why not find something new^^,such us such as like the Ideas of fans??..(but it's up to then to do what they likely to do.)

I'm thinking if they would also make some movie with MIsty in it.*It's nice to see MIsty with other legendary Pokemons with her..while she's also with Ash*

Its unfortunate that most of the children in the united states see the pokemon that is showing now(Sinnoh) and NOT THE ORIGINAL that we witnessed back in the late 90's. They have to start off watching the newer episodes without fully understanding whats happening and how it got to this point. Im only 19 but when I was 8 Pokemon was at its peak. I cant tell you how many people I knew back then who were obsessed with Pokemon, the games, the cards, show, etc.

I will be the first to admit I have more important things to worry about than Pokemon in my life, but it was a big part of my child hood and I believe a wholesome part. Now to Misty and her voice actor, her being out of the limelight has really brought Pokemon down I think, and the fact that the original voice actors have been replaced has forever ruined dubbed Pokemon. The only way we can make things write is to petition, get the old voice actors back if they want to come back and bring Misty back for good!
    Image exceeded 40000 pixels, thus it was removed. Please read the rules.

^
    I agree, I enjoyed pokemon back during Kanto/Orange/Johto regions. It was honestly well written.

I just think they lost track of what made the show good and it will never come close because that if they bring back an old character (Misty) it would ruin the series. I dont buy it, the series jumped the shark by removing her from the rotation. In that way I think the characters after her (May and Dawn) are just cheap copies of the original chemistry that Misty brought.

Misty was and is the original type A Tsundere to Ash's jerk with a heart of gold.

The above characters fall short of her no matter how much the writers keep pushing that the two replacements are just as much of a hothead then their predecessor.

Trades:

Quote Originally Posted by kukkyou_ooraka View Post
    Im only 19
    High five! I'm 19 too. Yeah. I am watching pokemon from the begining, but I wasn't interested in romance at the time. Like other boys I liked battles, badges and adventures. With time, I was noticing some romantic relations between Ash and Misty and became Pokeshipper.

Bad news. According to the newest rumors, new B/W heroine will be new no-game character, so Misty's chances falls down.

Quote Originally Posted by Semidos View Post
    High five! I'm 19 too. Yeah. I am watching pokemon from the begining, but I wasn't interested in romance at the time. Like other boys I liked battles, badges and adventures. With time, I was noticing some romantic relations between Ash and Misty and became Pokeshipper.

Bad news. According to the newest rumors, new B/W heroine will be new no-game character, so Misty's chances falls down.
    Now i feel old...

Well not really bad news, the rumor also has it that they may switch from a male lead to that female lead, but make that female lead in some way related to Ash.

So that means they may actually put Misty as a stronger role using the ending that they wanted to do Previously in the first few season of Pokemon after the end of Kanto League (you know after the first movie...).

If that's true guess we could be seeing more rumors flying. I really hope if Ash is going to be replaced with his offspring, that its his kid with Misty. The original writers had it with Misty ending up with him, they should keep it that way.

Trades:

If only the writers would listen to their fan base once in a while, we would be getting some where.

Misty's been gone for over seven years. Why not bring her back and let her appeal to the newer generation of kids while still appealing to the old ones?

EDIT: LOL, post #1111 for me!

Now i feel old...
    Sorry.

Also as long as Brock leaves too, third place is still free. So, everything can happen.

So in B/W Ash is going to be replaced? Is that just a rumor or is it fact? If this is so very disappointing.
    Image exceeded 40000 pixels, thus it was removed. Please read the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by kukkyou_ooraka View Post
    So in B/W Ash is going to be replaced? Is that just a rumor or is it fact? If this is so very disappointing.
    May be just a rumor, depends on what they want to do with the Anime. Honestly it seems that the team does not want to Age up Ash, hense they want to make a female char, instead of uh...bringing back an established character (like Misty). they could add a 3rd person and make that girl a female.. better yet make that the B&W protagonist...seriously that writes itself.

Ash and Misty get teased to no end by the B&W female protagonist. This creates a perfect dynamic and if they want they can throw another character to balance the ratio another guy perhapse?

Eh we'll see but i want more information.

on a side note i found this
        Spoiler:- spoiler:
    Last edited by Kazuki Sendo; 10th June 2010 at 2:42 AM. Reason: adding pic

Trades:

May be just a rumor, depends on what they want to do with the Anime. Honestly it seems that the team does not want to Age up Ash, hense they want to make a female char, instead of uh...bringing back an established character (like Misty). they could add a 3rd person and make that girl a female.. better yet make that the B&W protagonist...seriously that writes itself.

Ash and Misty get teased to no end by the B&W female protagonist. This creates a perfect dynamic and if they want they can throw another character to balance the ratio another guy perhapse?

Eh we'll see but i want more information.

on a side note i found this
        Spoiler:- spoiler:
    Woah!The fanart gives me hope,It's so adorable,
    *I miss some POkeshippy stuffs*

Misty's been gone for over seven years. Why not bring her back and let her appeal to the newer generation of kids while still appealing to the old ones?
    Ya!!So may don't like mIsty because she had never been introduce to new kids that are also new to Pokemon(or watching it the first time!?),It's nice to see Misty comeback for some viewers may know How MIsty is and how Ash and Misty got the right chemistry..

..*Misty may got a lot of more fan when she return..*(I hope)..
    I also miss Ash and Misty's arguements that anyone could never be forgotten..

Well, with Ash on his way to the Sinnoh conference, theres still chances for Misty to appear either during or after the tournament, and also with the cast of the Black and White series starting to be unveiled, theres also still some chances for Misty to make an appearance, or even better, a chance to become a permanent cast member again. ^^

Speaking of the Black and White series, lets not forget that while only the new female lead and the rival character has been revealed, not much of the cast has been revealed in exception to the fact that Brock and Dawn are not in the new group.

So will Ash be in this new group? And if so, will Misty be too? Or what if the new female lead is their daughter or something? And how will this new series pick up?

I still have high hopes, but i'm still very cautious due to the possibilities that could happen. As far as I know, only time will tell on how things will go. ^_^ But as far as I know all I can say is:

GO ASH AND MISTY! ORA ORA ORA!

Oh, and check my Fanime pics from a few pages back for some Pokeshipping goodness. ^__^

Paired with the Artistic Melody now over three years! (Glomps Melody)

I am the optimistic Pokeshipping warrior of San Jose, California! I am Moogleborg! SHINRYUKEN!!

Quote Originally Posted by Moogleborg View Post
    Well, with Ash on his way to the Sinnoh conference, theres still chances for Misty to appear either during or after the tournament, and also with the cast of the Black and White series starting to be unveiled, theres also still some chances for Misty to make an appearance, or even better, a chance to become a permanent cast member again. ^^

Speaking of the Black and White series, lets not forget that while only the new female lead and the rival character has been revealed, not much of the cast has been revealed in exception to the fact that Brock and Dawn are not in the new group.

So will Ash be in this new group? And if so, will Misty be too? Or what if the new female lead is their daughter or something? And how will this new series pick up?

I still have high hopes, but i'm still very cautious due to the possibilities that could happen. As far as I know, only time will tell on how things will go. ^_^ But as far as I know all I can say is:

Oh, and check my Fanime pics from a few pages back for some Pokeshipping goodness. ^__^
    Heh! Yeah! I like your enthusiasm. We still must hope and believe, that Misty will have some more important role in BW series. May the force be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Moogleborg View Post

That's what I was thinking. The only thing that has been revealed is that both Brock and Dawn are now gone.

The supposed female protagonist has a rather cute design, and that there will be a Paul-esqe rival.

So Ash will be alone...but that leaves 2 spots open, one we know will go to the new girl, but the other one can easily go to Misty.

I kinda like the idea of a traveling family scenario. That its Ash, Misty and their daughter traveling the world on the quest to become 'pokemon masters' and the rival is not for Ash but towards their daughter. Actually that would be good type of series.

Trades:

That's what I was thinking. The only thing that has been revealed is that both Brock and Dawn are now gone.
    and that's for sure.
    It gives me more hopes on it and to think that MIsty has to return and I can't really wait what will happened next!.
    Be optimistic in real life and for Ash and Misty's love..it's not yet the end!!

One of my drawings..^^
    more coming up..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ⊱✿RedAshEntropy; 11th June 2010 at 3:00 AM.

Well fellow shippers, looks like Kenny is still in the run for Dawn's heart leaving Ash alone and for Misty to swoop back in.

A lot of pearlshipprs are taking it as "Dawn chose Ash to stay with him." Yet wasnt that the same arguement that Advanceshippers used when Drew was gone for a while?

This is my agruement, no girl leaves a note to a guy unless there are still feelings, and Kenny was still smiling instead of being crushed. So take it from there, Pearlshipping has taken a hit despite what those shippers think.

We have quite a few episodes hopefully Misty comes in soon. We need a cameo ASAP

Trades:

Well fellow shippers, looks like Kenny is still in the run for Dawn's heart leaving Ash alone and for Misty to swoop back in.

A lot of pearlshipprs are taking it as "Dawn chose Ash to stay with him." Yet wasnt that the same arguement that Advanceshippers used when Drew was gone for a while?

This is my agruement, no girl leaves a note to a guy unless there are still feelings, and Kenny was still smiling instead of being crushed. So take it from there, Pearlshipping has taken a hit despite what those shippers think.

We have quite a few episodes hopefully Misty comes in soon. We need a cameo ASAP
    When it comes to Dawn-shippings, Penguinshipping definitely has the humongous advantage due to Dawns letter to Kenny.

Back to Pokeshipping, to me there are a lot of episodes between now and the end of the Diamond and Pearl series to see if Misty will make an appearance. ^_^

Although...heres a new topic:

Ash is heading into the Sinnoh Conference pretty soon. When Misty makes her appearance, what do you hope for Ash and Misty to do?

Paired with the Artistic Melody now over three years! (Glomps Melody)

I am the optimistic Pokeshipping warrior of San Jose, California! I am Moogleborg! SHINRYUKEN!!

Page 73 of 253 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123173 ... LastLast