Page 77 of 254 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127177 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 6346

Thread: PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kctigercat View Post
    If Brock is not coming to Isshu that leaves one spot open for someone else and that could be Misty. Since we have not seen her since the beginning of the Kanto Battle frontier, so maybe they are saving her for the next region. When Brock left in the beginning of the Orange island saga we did not see him so everyone thought he was gone for good. But he ended up coming back for Johto. Misty is too important of a character to be just "thrown away". Don't give up hope guys. There is still a lot we don't know about isshu.
    Wasn't there an article saying that Misty would never come back as a permanant character?
    I don't really care if she does to be honest. I mean I love Pokeshipping, but just because she's not a main character it doesn't mean that Pokeshipping won't happen.
    We just desperately need a cameo from her, and some new Pokeshipping hints.

and welcome to the forum!

I really hope Iris is a kick in the teeth. No matter what the trio consists of in Isshu, I can say this: a little bit of discord would be nice.

That's probably what I miss most without Misty. But if you've got characters that have strong chemistry with each other, bicker and have non-pokemon-related (GASP!) conflict then, well... that might distract us from badges and ribbons.

And that's the thing. Romance can only be a subplot is Pokemon as it stands right now (and we're lucky to get even the subplot). With someone like Misty in the main cast again... our subplot might leak into our real plot. And then the writers would be in trouble because resolving ANYTHING burns away at the life-span of the show.

And that's why I doubt she'll be part of the main cast ever again. But, you know what they say. Hope springs eternal.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiyomi View Post
    our subplot might leak into our real plot. And then the writers would be in trouble because resolving ANYTHING burns away at the life-span of the show.

And that's why I doubt she'll be part of the main cast ever again. But, you know what they say. Hope springs eternal.
    I don't think writers would be in trouble. When Misty was main character we had our subplot and everything was fine. We had romance and kids had pokemon battles. Everyone was happy. I don't know why it would be a problem now.

Kctigercat, welcome! Nice to have new pokeshipper in our community. And I never lose hope. I just wanted to show how facts look. I will always believe that Misty can return.
    Bring Misty back! PokeShipping Forever!
    Pokemon White & Pokemon Black

Quote Originally Posted by Semidos View Post
    I don't think writers would be in trouble. When Misty was main character we had our subplot and everything was fine. We had romance and kids had pokemon battles. Everyone was happy. I don't know why it would be a problem now.

Kctigercat, welcome! Nice to have new pokeshipper in our community. And I never lose hope. I just wanted to show how facts look. I will always believe that Misty can return.

I think I know where Skiyomi is coming from. It's like saying if they keep Misty in, they will have to eventually resolve the romantic sub plot, change Ash's character so he's less dense to girls. Almost pushing that 'if Ash gets a girl there goes the whole series.'

Another possibility could be that the romantic subplot could turn out to be something from Ranma 1/2 where Akane and Ranma were in constant will they or wont they, even to the end of the series their relationship was never resolved with an 'i love you' omission. Makes little sense but really the Pokemon TV show has slowly started to sputter, its probably just me. Sinnoh kinda shows at some points with recycled Kanto&Johto plots. (Mammoswine comes to mind)

I still think that the executives of the show believe that the Games cannot sell without the show, and the show cannot survive without the games.
    Last edited by Kazuki Sendo; 4th July 2010 at 11:34 PM.

Spoiler:- some of my sigs:

The true test of the Heart comes from within.

Trades:

Trading: Eevee, Johto, Sinnoh, Kanto starters...
    Feebass with Mirror Coat and Surf Combo (just ask for the nature you want)...

Almost pushing that 'if Ash gets a girl there goes the whole series.'
    That's basically my feeling. That's why I don't think we'll get any romantic resolution until the writer's get the "We're getting canceled" message and decide to leave on some definate note of resolution. Because otherwise the show will suffer a Shipping Bed Death.

Yeah, we could keep the romantic subplot going in the background for awhile if we brought Misty back. But her feelings for him are too clearly defined. It would eventually have to be dealt with.

It would be nice if we could have a romantic-tension-FOREVER set-up like Ranma 1/2. But it would be a major genre shift for Pokemon.

...Not that I don't think a genre shift would be an improvement, but I just don't think it's gonna happen.

That's why it's almost better if Misty doesn't come back as a main character. If she's just a cameo, here for at most a few episodes and then gone, the writers can safely put in shipping hints because she'll soon be gone again and it won't effect the plot. If she's back as a main character, they might just turn the dial WAY DOWN on shipping (it's already pretty low) just to maintain the balance.

You what I would like? Maybe Misty could be a rival for Ash. I highly doubt this will ever happen, though. Shipping works well with rivals (ContestShipping has shown this), plus it would be a nice way to include Misty in a significant way without upsetting fans that strongly believe that she shouldn't be in the main cast again. Sure, she exclusively trains Water Pokémon, but Wallace was a Water Pokémon Gym Leader who managed to become the Hoenn Champion. And she would go back to trying to be Water Pokémon Master. Since she wouldn't appear all of the time, the shipping moments between her and Ash would more likely be well balanced. What do you guys think?

If Brock will be gone, and Misty doesn't get to do much, if anything, for this new series, then that would mean that for the first time, none of Ash's original traveling friends would be a main character in the series, and that would be quite a shame.
    "It's all right, it's all right, it's all right. Yeah, sometimes you gotta lose 'til you win.
    It's all right, it's all right, it's all right. It'll be all right again."

Quote Originally Posted by Espeonic View Post
    You what I would like? Maybe Misty could be a rival for Ash. I highly doubt this will ever happen, though. Shipping works well with rivals (ContestShipping has shown this), plus it would be a nice way to include Misty in a significant way without upsetting fans that strongly believe that she shouldn't be in the main cast again. Sure, she exclusively trains Water Pokémon, but Wallace was a Water Pokémon Gym Leader who managed to become the Hoenn Champion. And she would go back to trying to be Water Pokémon Master. Since she wouldn't appear all of the time, the shipping moments between her and Ash would more likely be well balanced. What do you guys think?

If Brock will be gone, and Misty doesn't get to do much, if anything, for this new series, then that would mean that for the first time, none of Ash's original traveling friends would be a main character in the series, and that would be quite a shame.
    Personally, I thought that Ash and Misty had a pretty good rivalry during the Whirl Cup event. ^^ And also, lets not forgot how it elevated ever since Ash won the Cerulean City Gym Badge. ^^

Paired with the Artistic Melody now over three years! (Glomps Melody)

I am the optimistic Pokeshipping warrior of San Jose, California! I am Moogleborg! SHINRYUKEN!!

Quote Originally Posted by Skiyomi View Post
    That's basically my feeling. That's why I don't think we'll get any romantic resolution until the writer's get the "We're getting canceled" message and decide to leave on some definate note of resolution. Because otherwise the show will suffer a Shipping Bed Death.

Yeah, we could keep the romantic subplot going in the background for awhile if we brought Misty back. But her feelings for him are too clearly defined. It would eventually have to be dealt with.

It would be nice if we could have a romantic-tension-FOREVER set-up like Ranma 1/2. But it would be a major genre shift for Pokemon.

...Not that I don't think a genre shift would be an improvement, but I just don't think it's gonna happen.

That's why it's almost better if Misty doesn't come back as a main character. If she's just a cameo, here for at most a few episodes and then gone, the writers can safely put in shipping hints because she'll soon be gone again and it won't effect the plot. If she's back as a main character, they might just turn the dial WAY DOWN on shipping (it's already pretty low) just to maintain the balance.
    I think part of that is the writers themselves being lazy. If they think, by concluding the romantic feelings of Ash and Misty would end the show. Then perhaps it should.

The thing is we have two goals that are in essence intertwined with each other. Both Ash and Misty want to be Masters, Ash a Pokemon Master of all types, and Misty being a Water Master. Misty's alternate goal is to get Ash to notice her and perhaps start a relationship with.

I think your right, Ash somewhere between end of Kanto and through the end of Orange Islands slowly started to get away from being an idiot when it came to love. Then there was a snap back to status quo.

Well here's my counter argument, Bakugan the show itself was a product placement show (same argument used on Pokemon and the constant regional shift. to promote the new games) had the local Tsundere (Runo) and Idiot hero (Dan) hooking up its already been 2 seasons after they got together. Sure Runo got put on a bus... However, the relationship between the two is that of a couple and exists separately from the main plot.

Its just how good the writers want to be, if they want to be lazy then they will constantly drag every shipper along until the last minute hookup. or allow a relationship upgrade. Have Ash still go on his journey while Misty can be the supporting girlfriend, watch from the sideline...ect.... Eventually wrapping up her own goals later down the road.

Just depends on how much the writers believe in the strength of Ash's primary goal can carry the show.

If Ash cant carry the show no longer, then by all means replace him as long as he gets any romantic sub plots tied up namely ending up with Misty at the end of his tenure as the Flagship trainer.

Then again... Ash will always be the main trainer. Eventually the series may suffer because of it. To me it's already showing signs that Pokemon the Anime is slowing down writing wise.

Trades:

We-ell, I guess this all banks from my assumption that the writer's are somewhat lazy. I mean, trainers come and trainers go, new ways to compete with Pokemon come about... but very little has actually changed in the show over the years. It's not exactly super-dynamic. Not that it necessarily should be. I mean, that's a very standard thing for it's age-group and genre.

Other shows have done it, sure. But I think Pokemon intends to run itself to its absolute limit. Romantic subplots create interest, but they're always a gamble.

You might consider me being cynical, but I tend to find this view more optimistic, because it does create a good opportunity for resolution... it's just resolution you have to wait until ruinment and revival to find XD

Anyway, new question! What type of Ash/Misty fanfiction would you most prefer?

1. One that takes place in the good old day's of Pokeshipping's past. (specify a certain region if you want)

2. Misty's departure? What departure? Not in this AU!

3. A contemporary reunion between Ash and Misty.

4. A ___ years later fic.

5. A miscellaneous example that I have neglected to mention.

As much as I hate to say it, the Iris girl seems really cool and perhaps will be a descent companion to Ash and whoever else joins the group.

However, this really stinks because as we were all hoping for Misty to return...its not looking like it. But we still do not know who the third wheel is going to be! So never give up hope.

As for the question on Fics, I enjoy ones that are related to the series as its going on, and ones a few years in the future.
    Image exceeded 40000 pixels, thus it was removed. Please read the rules.

What type of Ash/Misty fanfiction would you most prefer?
    A ___ years later fic. because an older Ash would be less dense. (:
    But I'll read any kind of Pokeshipping fic if it's written well.

I like fics with a contemporary reunion between Ash and Misty.
    They are always great fics to read!

And I'll really happy if Misty came back to the show. But I know that the chances of that happening are remote.
    But I read somewhere that Misty would make an appearance in DP... So I don't give up my hopes!
    *Nintendo, Game Freak and TV Tokyo... BRING MISTY BACK!*

Quote Originally Posted by Espeonic View Post
    I agree. Shows how unconcerned the writers are about how the show is doing in America.

Something needs to be done to make the writers put Misty back in as a main character. Maybe Masahiro Sakurai could threaten to exclude Pokemon characters from the next Smash Bros. game if the writers don't bring her back. But then again, I do enjoy using Pikachu too much.

Something has to convince the writers.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

What type of Ash/Misty fanfiction would you most prefer?

A ___ years later fic,I somewhat like how they we're (young??),or
    A contemporary reunion between Ash and Misty,which I like to see them together again,when them have to meet again,for all those waitings,..
    I kinda like the adventures when their in their young age,and see them on a Sinnoh Adventure,..something like that.
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

|| Multishipper || Bias:鹿晗 || hwaiting! || Inactive||

Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist View Post
    I agree. Shows how unconcerned the writers are about how the show is doing in America.
    Shows how unconcerned the writes are about how the show is doing in the world.
    If you ask any fan, they will undoubtedly respond that they want Misty back.
    I know many people who stopped to accompany the show why she left...

Quote Originally Posted by Tatatorterra View Post
    Well they probably think...."Well its too difficult to make Pokemon into an anime that could rival Bleach, Naruto, ect... as a real powerhouse anime. We'll stick with our nitch kiddy style because lets face it, the games will sell even though were taking in all the countries that made this name popular. Since every 10-1000 fans we lose, we'll gain 20-2000 fans... so why try to create a sable trio... Even though fans want Misty back."

Trades:

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuki Sendo View Post
    Well they probably think...."Well its too difficult to make Pokemon into an anime that could rival Bleach, Naruto, ect... as a real powerhouse anime. We'll stick with our nitch kiddy style because lets face it, the games will sell even though were taking in all the countries that made this name popular. Since every 10-1000 fans we lose, we'll gain 20-2000 fans... so why try to create a sable trio... Even though fans want Misty back."
    ..No matter how we like mIsty to came back,it's useless if writers are forgetting her,*I hope not*,
    but as long as fans we're there to support Pokeshipping,we still have the power to go strong,..
    and hey,MIsty is almost how many years since she left??,but still,Misty fans are still there to support,so why not support Pokeshipping,?
    ..I never support any pokemon ship till' I knew Pokeshipping,let's wait for the new info about MIsty's return,..

@Tatatorterra
    *did I already welcome you??*
    anyway..welcome Tatatorterra!
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

|| Multishipper || Bias:鹿晗 || hwaiting! || Inactive||

Quote Originally Posted by Ashist_Wilketch View Post
    ..No matter how we like mIsty to came back,it's useless if writers are forgetting her,*I hope not*
    Nah... They aren't. They remember her, but I think they try to lead the show like though she never existed. But then we had Misty lure in DP, so I don't know what they try to do at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashist_Wilketch View Post
    ,and hey,MIsty is almost how many years since she left??
    Five, actually five years, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatatorterra View Post
    Not really. There are a lot of fans that like new characters better than Misty.
    I know a lot of people miss Misty, but some people don't.
    I'm a big Misty fan, and huge Pokeshipper, but I don't want Misty back as a main character.
    I like when they give us new female for the new region.

But anyway, DP's coming to an end and I really doubt we'll get cameo
    What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Allyson View Post
    What do you guys think?
    You really don't want to know what I think. But if you asked a question, I will say. If Misty doesn't make cameo, she will be main character in next series. That's what I deduced by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Allyson View Post
    Not really. There are a lot of fans that like new characters better than Misty.
    I know a lot of people miss Misty, but some people don't.
    Well these are technically people who grew up with Pokemon in the AG series, got into the games when R/S/E came out. Those who really didnt like Misty are probably the same kind of people that hated the Tsundere revolution that Japan went through with majority of anime's having a female Tsundere-ish lead that ends up with the main hero, or a Tsundere that ends up having more popularity over a Yamato Nadeshiko type.

I'm a big Misty fan, and huge Pokeshipper, but I don't want Misty back as a main character.
    I like when they give us new female for the new region.
    Well, i see the 'new girls' as a gimmick to sell games. They are noting more then being the 'flagship female trainer' even though Ash is suppose to be the 'flagship' trainer for all gens. Also swapping out a new girl every single region messes up the continuity of the show. The core cast by all intensive purposes should always stay intact. By core cast I mean Ash, Pikachu and Misty, because those 3 were first introduced. Brock came later and could be the revolving door. Tracy was a horrible flop as a character because instead of fleshing out a new character they Just cloned Block and toned down the libido. I can go on but the real problem is that the writers a bunch of lazy people who cannot continue a character without running into a brick wall that is resolution. Perhaps all these writers went to the 'Tite Kubo school of massive amount of characters leaving no resolution'

Adding a new main character is good, as long as it benefits the core cast. Replace a core cast member and you literally jump the shark. I dont see the series has gotten better, in fact I've seen the series really get worse over a long period of time because of lazy writers.

What do you guys think?
    Well i think i spoke my piece, whatever we say gotta keep the faith.

Trades:

Adding a new main character is good, as long as it benefits the core cast. Replace a core cast member and you literally jump the shark. I dont see the series has gotten better, in fact I've seen the series really get worse over a long period of time because of lazy writers.
    You probably should have said "jump the Sharpedo". Anyway, you have a great point. Keep the core cast intact. The best chemistry comes from it.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

That would be so cool if Misty would be the third wheel of the cast

Quote Originally Posted by kukkyou_ooraka View Post
    That would be so cool if Misty would be the third wheel of the cast
    More like Iris being the third wheel... dont forget Misty was and still is considered a part of the core cast.

Trades:

More like Iris being the third wheel... dont forget Misty was and still is considered a part of the core cast.
    Ya the third wheel part was bad considering im a huge pokeshipping supporter, but if she was apart of a third person group that would be amazing!!!

Page 77 of 254 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127177 ... LastLast