Page 85 of 253 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135185 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,125 of 6323

Thread: PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

I want to talk for a minute about doubles. And don't worry, I do have a point buried somewhere in this.

Doubles! Twins seperated at birth! Identical strangers! My childhood was full of such things. And why not? It's a popular gimmick in TVs and movie shows. I must've watched the Parent Trap about 20 times as a kid (both original and remake), and that's not even mentioning all the Olsen Twins stuff I was obsessed with at about age 7.

So given that, it's not surprising that my interest was peeked with the new dub episode "Dawn of a Royal Day" where Dawn switches places with a Princess (who looks just like her for no adequately explored reason) for a day as the Princess goes off with Ash & co. to perform in a contest.

Now, everyone seems remarkably okay with this in the episode. I'm sure that a lot of this is an example of "the plot must go on!" but I got to thinking...

How would Ash react to a Misty double?

It doesn't necessarily have to be related to the circumstances in the episode, although it could, I was just thinking... it would have to be a disorienting thing to have someone that you're close to replaced with a doppleganger with a different personality. For Misty, I think it would create a much more confused effect in Ash than this Dawn thing (in which the only example of confusion is forgetting the act and calling the princess "highness" when she's pretending to be Dawn, which I don't think counts). First of all, I think his relationship with Misty is closer. That's an opinion, but I probably wouldn't be posting in this thread if I didn't think it true :P

Secondly, I think a switch like the one in the episode would show a much greater contrast. Dawn couldn't get down the princess-like manners, but that was the main difference. Misty's sweet, but she's got a sour-side. Her general attitude being replaced with a prim-and-proper princessy personality (alliteration ho!) would probably really throw Ash. He'd probably be like "That's not right... that's not Misty." and probably appreciate Misty's unique personality a whole lot more because of it.

It's official, Misty will not have a cameo in the last DP episode.

Her voice actress (Mayumi Iizuka) 飯塚雅弓 is not listed in the programming information which includes everyone who participates in the episode, even minor characters.

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/program/de...009091900.html

We can still get a still shot of Misty among other old friends if time permits.

Quote Originally Posted by blondekid15 View Post
    -Sigh- people keep saying that the hints i chose were just about friendship and im breaking the hint down so they know its really not just friendship going on...i truly do believe that ash and misty will end up being together romantically...and nothing will change that belief ^_^
    Those people are usually just trying to get pokeshipping down, and failing miserably at it. Just do what I do: avoid ANY discussions on youtube. it always ends in a swearing contest. I loved your vid, and agree with the hints and everything. I loved the part where Brock says "you don't want to stay here and asssault each other like that do you?" and Ash and Misty both yell "YES WE DO!" I really miss those things in the anime.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The "teasing is a way to show affection" thing was also very apparent in AG, you know, May and Max were always teasing each other but when one of them got in danger you could see how they really felt. we can all assume that the same goes for Ash and Misty.

Well, at first he would think the double is Misty. but when "Misty" doesn't recognize him he would be hurt and confused. When he realizes or is told that this person is not actually Misty he would be relieved and maybe call misty to tell her about her 'clone'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    It's official, Misty will not have a cameo in the last DP episode.

Her voice actress (Mayumi Iizuka) 飯塚雅弓 is not listed in the programming information which includes everyone who participates in the episode, even minor characters.
    Well, that sucks. maybe She will be in the first BW episode then? as far as we know (which means nothing) Ash could stay at home for a whilebefore going to Isshu. there's always hope for a reunion, but if they decide to just drop Misty from the show entirely I'll call Jigglypuff to double slap them.

I think he would probably mistake her for really being Misty. It would be funny if the look a like developed a crush on Ash too and started flirting with him
    He would probably be confused if Misty was extremely nice to him and eventually I think he would realize it wasn't her.
    He could always see how she acts around bug Pokemon as a test.

Quoto from Wikipedia:
    "It's hinted, though, that Misty secretly has a crush on Ash. Misty aims to be a world-class Water-type Pokémon trainer despite her sisters' ridicule. But she eventually realizes that her feelings for Ash want her to take a different path and is hinted to appear in Best Wishes as a main character."

It seems that someone added this to Misty's page on wiki recently, because I regularly check that place and it wasn't there before. But don't get too excited; it's Wikipedia, and at the end of the bolded line it said 'citation needed'. Just thought I'd post it here though, cause whoever added that part must get this from somewhere, right?

Quote Originally Posted by issue-11 View Post
    Quoto from Wikipedia:
    "It's hinted, though, that Misty secretly has a crush on Ash. Misty aims to be a world-class Water-type Pokémon trainer despite her sisters' ridicule. But she eventually realizes that her feelings for Ash want her to take a different path and is hinted to appear in Best Wishes as a main character."

It seems that someone added this to Misty's page on wiki recently, because I regularly check that place and it wasn't there before. But don't get too excited; it's Wikipedia, and at the end of the bolded line it said 'citation needed'. Just thought I'd post it here though, cause whoever added that part must get this from somewhere, right?
    It was most likely a troll who tried to get people's hopes up about Misty then have them become very disappointed. The whole BW cast was already revealed on the website. Nobody at this point knows who will make a cameo. But high probability is that it will be Dawn, and maybe May to promote the possible RuSa remakes.

Sounds more like wild speculation than a troll to me.
    These are my fanfics. Read them. Or not, whatever.
    Pokemon Generations: Satsumi's Journey (Chapter 1 Now Up!)
    My Fanfiction.net Profile

This is my Tumblr. Read it if you are so inclined.
    The Philosophy of Shipping (shipdr.tumblr.com)

Quote Originally Posted by Hakajin View Post
    Sounds more like wild speculation than a troll to me.
    At first it was indicating that Mistys seiyuu said on her web blog that Misty would make an appearance in the D/P series as early as prior to 'Buisel Your Way Outta This' when the Misty Lure made an appearance. Misty still hadn't made an actual physical appearance after that moment.

However, there are still hopes that Misty might possibly be a main character in the series, but theres still no actual indication when her next appearance will be.

But lets hope that she'll make an appearance soon, either in physical or a phone call to Ash. ^_^

I think Ashs attraction to Misty would be wildly more clear. ^_^ I'd like one double to wear her original outfit while another wears her Advance Generation outfit. ^^

And if Team Rocket tries to pick on Ash? Three words: DOUBLE MISTY KICK!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AgFirtsWb0

Paired with the Artistic Melody now over three years! (Glomps Melody)

I am the optimistic Pokeshipping warrior of San Jose, California! I am Moogleborg! SHINRYUKEN!!

Hello everyone! May I join the discussion? ^^ I'm a huge Pokeshipper myself, probably because I've watched Pokemon since '99. I really miss Misty in the show but I believe she'll still appear.

I'll post more here later ^__^

Hello everyone! May I join the discussion? ^^ I'm a huge Pokeshipper myself, probably because I've watched Pokemon since '99. I really miss Misty in the show but I believe she'll still appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Jugon View Post

Of course! the more (pokeshippers) the merrier XD in fact every time a new shipper joins in I'm filled with a little bit of joy, to see there's still so many pokeshippers, holding on to that little hope we have... never giving in to advanceshipping, orangeshipping, pearlshipping , and soon maybe "wishshipping"...
    Last edited by issue-11; 5th September 2010 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by issue-11 View Post
    Of course! the more (pokeshippers) the merrier XD in fact every time a new shipper joins in I'm filled with a little bit of joy, to see there's still so many pokeshippers, holding on to that little hope we have... never giving in to advanceshipping, orangeshipping, pearlshipping , and soon maybe "wishshipping"...
    don't worry pokeshipping is still alive.. i'm a pokeshipper too.. actually i've been one since 1998... so i've through all the battles.. with the other shippings.. now, another shipping is coming.. me and my friends, like to call it.. "hairshipping" LOL... anyway i just came here to say HI!! even when my mother lenguage is not english i can't resist to post here..

grettings from southamerica!!

WELCOME JUGON AND MERMAID8817! Hope you enjoy your time here! Feel free to post all you want! I want to be this thread's new welcoming committee~ ^^

I've been a Pokeshipper since '99 too and through the Johto series! I alway thought that Ash and Misty were together. I had no idea. But even at like four years old, I had enough sense to know that Ash and Misty were made for each other!

And as issue-11 said, the more the merrier! We can always use more people joining up here! Pokeshipping is one of the stronger ships, even though Misty's been gone for years. That just shows how dedicated we are!

If you read the Ikarishipping thread, then you may already know this, but I got a Fanfiction.net account! I have the same name I do here, so look me up later in the week. All my stuff right now is Ikarishipping, but there is much Pokeshipping to come! I have 2 fics in the making for Ash and Misty. I'll post when they're up. ^^

Guys, even if we don't get a Misty cameo, we can still dream right? A good ship is 50% hints and 50% imagination. We've got the hints, so now we just put in all the imagination!
    @mermaid8817 Greetings from the States!
    //*☆*Jesus loved the outcasts,
    He loves the ones the world just loves to hate*☆*//

Quote Originally Posted by Jugon View Post

Of course Jugon..new POkeshippers in the thread sre ALWAYS welcome..
    Nice to see you here!!Welcome^^

-Me too I miss Misty a lot..

Quote Originally Posted by mermaid8817 View Post
    don't worry pokeshipping is still alive.. i'm a pokeshipper too.. actually i've been one since 1998... so i've through all the battles.. with the other shippings.. now, another shipping is coming.. me and my friends, like to call it.. "hairshipping" LOL... anyway i just came here to say HI!! even when my mother lenguage is not english i can't resist to post here..

grettings from southamerica!!
    You got that Right!!Pokeshipping is still alive no matter what as long as their supporters are still keeping their hopes up and still have an on-going support!

btw..Welcome mermaid8817!!

-greetings for the Asia.!!XD

I have 2 fics in the making for Ash and Misty. I'll post when they're up. ^^
    That's awesome..Good luck on making it^^
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

|| Multishipper || Red: ShinAya= Kagepro OTP || Inactive ||

Guys, even if we don't get a Misty cameo, we can still dream right? A good ship is 50% hints and 50% imagination. We've got the hints, so now we just put in all the imagination!
    Heheh... well, for me, the hints were what inspired my love of the ship, and imagination was the biggest part of it... but the hints were good for support. You know, it made it feel more real. It's like it was actually happening instead of me just wishing it would happen, despite the fact that it's fiction in the first place.
    These are my fanfics. Read them. Or not, whatever.
    Pokemon Generations: Satsumi's Journey (Chapter 1 Now Up!)
    My Fanfiction.net Profile

This is my Tumblr. Read it if you are so inclined.
    The Philosophy of Shipping (shipdr.tumblr.com)

Welcome to ALL!

xxGlassRose is right, and Hakajin is right too, the hints do make it feel more real! And so what if we don't get a cameo, we will eventually, we've lived through this before, we can do it again!

But just for some thinking time, what happen's of Iris and..the guy (sory mind blank) had a relationship bringing Ash to realise the he and Mist did the same thing, making him realise his feelings towards her, thus starting...well you get the picture....just throwing that out there
    Misty and Ash.....

Okay guys, I posted the first chapter of my first Pokeshipping fanfic today! I'm xxGlassRose on fanfiction too and the story is called "It Must Be the Sunshine"~ ^^
    My favorite part is what Ash does when he sees Misty... you'll just have to read and see! I think I'll have the next chapter up by tommorow, but it's not as shippy as the first one. There will be other ships though, Ikari and Teencare (Brock x Holly). But it's mainly Ash and Misty! There's not much drama, 'cause I made Dawn a Pokeshipper! XD
    Here's a link:
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6302862/...e_the_Sunshine

I was on Blondekid15's Youtube channel (AMVGeek15 <--- check her out, she's good!) and I saw this video about how Ash and Misty meeting each other was their destiny and I almost cried! SatoKasu is so right! Misty and Ash are just obviously in love! X3

I was watching Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea today and the ending song made me think of Pokeshipping! It's called "Together We Make a Promise." I put the lyrics in a spoiler.
        Spoiler:- Together We Make a Promise:

I just think that song really fits our ship. ^^

Next time I post on here I think I'll have a nice graphic to share with you guys!
    //*☆*Jesus loved the outcasts,
    He loves the ones the world just loves to hate*☆*//

All this time I've been wondering why Brock has been following Ash in travels for the last two region... now I know...

http://onewingedmuse.deviantart.com/...e/696150&qo=16

It's really funny, so funny I fell off my chair lol.

Quote Originally Posted by kniteowl View Post
    All this time I've been wondering why Brock has been following Ash in travels for the last two region... now I know...

Yeah, that's priceless! I've seen several of that person's comics and they're pretty funny. Too bad Misty doesn't have anyone to "keep an eye on Ash" anymore. It's kind of weird thinking that none of Ash's old friends are going to be traveling with him in Best Wishes. I remember where people were already predicting who was going to be in this series, and nobody would have guessed this. Who knows, it may mean something unexpected in terms of a Misty cameo or even some PokéShippy moments.
    "It's all right, it's all right, it's all right. Yeah, sometimes you gotta lose 'til you win.
    It's all right, it's all right, it's all right. It'll be all right again."

Hi guys, newbie here.

Have a question regarding Doujinshis.

http://www.frostedsuki.com/pokemon.html

Does anyone know where I could obtain the "Orange Mail" Doujinshi and "Ready Go!" Doujinshi?

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Dave View Post
    Hi guys, newbie here.

Does anyone know where I could obtain the "Orange Mail" Doujinshi and "Ready Go!" Doujinshi?

Cheers.
    Welcome ^^

Oh I've been to that website, there are links to where the person who made it got their doujinshi, I've looked specifically for about 5 of the titles on the websites and couldn't find them...But a few years ago I bought Ready Go! on eBay, if you can't find any of them on eBay I will hopefully get around to scanning it soon that way you can read it either way (of course it's in Japanese)

Which reminds me if anyone can help translate it if I post the scans, that would be awesome cause it will be 10x better knowing what everyone is saying, of course it's already awesome even in Japanese.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Add me on youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AMVGeek15

Quote Originally Posted by kniteowl View Post

Ya,that makes me wonder..NIce comic strip,..

Quote Originally Posted by xxGlassRose View Post

I was watching Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea today and the ending song made me think of Pokeshipping! It's called "Together We Make a Promise." I put the lyrics in a spoiler.

I just think that song really fits our ship. ^^

Next time I post on here I think I'll have a nice graphic to share with you guys!
    Yes!It's totally fits with them,specially reading the last part really makes me remember the last Part of ''Gotta Catch Ya Later'' Which they promise that they'll meet or see each other again.

@Little_Dave
    Welcome!

^I just love those Doujinshis and it's cover,..btw,
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

|| Multishipper || Red: ShinAya= Kagepro OTP || Inactive ||

Quote Originally Posted by blondekid15 View Post
    Welcome ^^

Oh I've been to that website, there are links to where the person who made it got their doujinshi, I've looked specifically for about 5 of the titles on the websites and couldn't find them...But a few years ago I bought Ready Go! on eBay, if you can't find any of them on eBay I will hopefully get around to scanning it soon that way you can read it either way (of course it's in Japanese)

Which reminds me if anyone can help translate it if I post the scans, that would be awesome cause it will be 10x better knowing what everyone is saying, of course it's already awesome even in Japanese.
    Thats very nice of you .

I'll have to keep searching on Ebay, haven't come across any unfortunately.

Any keywords that might stand out more for when searching for the doujinshis on ebay to make it easier to find?

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Dave View Post
    Hi guys, newbie here.

Cheers.
    How do I view those in full?...Or get translations? ._.

By the way, HELLO forums

For searching on eBay...it was about 2 years ago when I bought Ready Go! ...But I think you should just try different searches..the best search i think is "Pokemon doujinshi" cause that comse up with a lot of different ones..unfortunately there are really only rocketshipping and palletshipping ones...there are about two pokeshipping ones on the list but they're hentai which doesn't interest me in the least so...just keep checking that search, the doujinshi you're looking for (which im also looking for aka Orange Mail) is rare so just keep checking cause it may be on the list one day...

I was on Blondekid15's Youtube channel (AMVGeek15 <--- check her out, she's good!) and I saw this video about how Ash and Misty meeting each other was their destiny and I almost cried! SatoKasu is so right! Misty and Ash are just obviously in love! X3

Aww, thanks about you liking my AMVs, i love making them ^^ oh yes that one you're talking about didn't seem as cute or sweet as the other pokeshipping story videos I've seen but I've gotten some strong reactions which was what I hoping for (basically touching pokeshippers hearts in some way)

Oh my gosh i love the song *_* especially one lyric that..well I'm just gonna have to put it in my signature, shouldnt i? xD Edit: And i wanna make an AMV with it ^_^
    Last edited by blondekid15; 9th September 2010 at 8:02 PM.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Add me on youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AMVGeek15

Page 85 of 253 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135185 ... LastLast