Page 90 of 254 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190 ... LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 6345

Thread: PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

i do love mah ash and misty

Quote Originally Posted by Carina View Post
    Heya Fallin. Yeah, I also kinda stopped watching the show at the end of Johto (and I haven't seen a single Sinnoh episode yet!)
    I did the same way.I stopped watching after Johto series,(original series) and watched a little of AG episodes (not all of it)..and never been watching DP episode,(except watching the shippy hints of some of my fave shipping in DP Saga)^^

I knew a lot of Pearlshippers/Advanceshippers used "hints" like that as evidence.
    They're cute...but nothing that can't pass as what a normal good friend might do
    I got to say,those ''hints'' were not bad,but still Pokeshipping makes a whole lot different ''hints'' that you can easily Identify they have the ''chemistry'' of best Best Friend/Lover thing..*but since Ash was that clueless..I bet..they still got the best moments together in those old days..I find it..still new and an everlasting adventure*

Also - I'm just gonna put this out there - does anyone here care about the Misty/Red thing in the Pokemon Adventures manga?
    I love Misty/Red shipping,I'm ''totally'' a supporter of it!

Quote Originally Posted by FallinWings View Post

Thats absolutly right! I mean Ash and Misty had been through alot together then any other new female character thats "replaced" Misty. She taught him alot!
    ^with you guys!MIsty is still Misty,and I believe now matter how Misty has been long gone in the show,..well..who could ever forget those Ash and Misty moments that still can be remembered!?
    -I much prefer watching the old episodes,and hoping a cameo for MIsty..

..I also like seeing Misty's handkerchief was there in Ash's room *in Best Wishes*,I think writer didn't forgot MIsty and also Ash!I hope this is a sign for a cameo and I hope Ash would have taken Misty's lure along his new journey.

@ Parkur
    i do love mah ash and misty
    Nicely said!Welcome^^
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

|| Multishipper || Bias:鹿晗 || hwaiting! || Inactive||

LMFAO, Carina I totally love your signature picture ! It's so true !

Hey guys, haven't been here in a while and I notice that two other veterans, Melody and Carina, have reappeared lately.

I'm not going to start posting frequently again but I thought i'd post my thoughts on Pokeshipping lately as I probably haven't posted since the end of AG - early DP and i've been getting into the spirit of AAML again due to rewatching the classic Indigo episodes. It's a real shame that Misty didn't make an appearance in the entirety of the DP saga save for a cameo of her lure, and the prospects for Pokeshipping happening are looking increasingly bleak for the future given that the writers have wiped the slate clean with Best Wishes. This lack of continuity and other disagreements that i've had with some of the writing during DP have alienated me from the show at the moment, which is kinda why i'm rewatching the original series once more. Not only Misty, but also May has been glossed over at the end of the previous saga while Brock was given less than satisfactory treatment in his last series. Everything seemed so hastily written in order for progression onto the Best Wishes saga. And now that the new series has introduced new main characters and 'reset' Ash, so to speak, I am feeling extremely disillusioned by the show and far more pessimistic about the possibility of Ash and Misty sharing many more journies together.

That all said, I still adore Pokeshipping as much as ever and maintain that everything seemed to point towards Ash and Misty ending up together. Despite becoming infatuated with Danny and Rudy, Misty always remained loyal to Ash and was distraught about having to ultimately separate from him. Meanwhile, Ash has always been oblivious towards love but occasionally showed moments of care towards Misty and jealousy when others courted her (I can think of Danny, when Misty told him to be EXTRA careful which caused Ash to become jealous and lose concentration in climbing a mountain, before showing disappointment when Misty ran to Danny and offered her blanket to him). And from rewatching all the Kanto episodes in order again, i've managed to assert once again that there's no denying how much the two care about each other, which a number of characters have pointed out.

I wish I could believe once more that Misty will return and give us more Pokeshippy goodness, but it seems like the writers are only concerned now with advertising the games and promoting the most recent characters while occasionally giving continuity nods to those from the past. It has also been revealed that Ash is still 10 years old, so that also gives me less hope that the anime will ever give us serious character development. However, i'm still as certain as ever that Pokeshipping was at some point intended to be canonised, and i'll still continue to support it until the day it is refuted (which will hopefully/probably never happen )

I have mixed feelings about the musical. On the one hand, it's got all that good stuff about Misty liking Ash. On the other, it's embarrassing as hell.

As for those kind of hints, I don't count them for meaning anything, but I still liked them. Heehee. I also noticed that Ash said "Misty's right!" quite a lot.

I haven't read much of the manga, but it seems to lean toward Red/Yellow, so... that kinda bothers me. When I read the manga, I mean.

Ash is still 10 years old? I don't deny that the writers said it, but that's ridiculous. It doesn't make any sense for all 600 plus episodes to have taken place in the space of a year... mou.
    These are my fanfics. Read them. Or not, whatever.
    Pokemon Generations: Satsumi's Journey (Chapter 2 Now Up!)
    My Fanfiction.net Profile

This is my Tumblr. Read it if you are so inclined.
    The Philosophy of Shipping (shipdr.tumblr.com)

Even in glorified fanfiction Ash is still the "doesn't know about girls" type character. The only time he acts more mature is in the mangas, he stared at a nude Misty.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazing Charmander View Post
    Hey guys, haven't been here in a while and I notice that two other veterans, Melody and Carina, have reappeared lately.

I'm not going to start posting frequently again but I thought i'd post my thoughts on Pokeshipping lately as I probably haven't posted since the end of AG - early DP and i've been getting into the spirit of AAML again due to rewatching the classic Indigo episodes. It's a real shame that Misty didn't make an appearance in the entirety of the DP saga save for a cameo of her lure, and the prospects for Pokeshipping happening are looking increasingly bleak for the future given that the writers have wiped the slate clean with Best Wishes. This lack of continuity and other disagreements that i've had with some of the writing during DP have alienated me from the show at the moment, which is kinda why i'm rewatching the original series once more. Not only Misty, but also May has been glossed over at the end of the previous saga while Brock was given less than satisfactory treatment in his last series. Everything seemed so hastily written in order for progression onto the Best Wishes saga. And now that the new series has introduced new main characters and 'reset' Ash, so to speak, I am feeling extremely disillusioned by the show and far more pessimistic about the possibility of Ash and Misty sharing many more journies together.
    I would actually argue that DP actually had a few shining moments of continuity to the original series, like Ash mentioning that he caught a Caterpie that he released when it was a Butterfree, the return of Jessibelle, the return of the Officer Jenny from Viridian City. And I actually thought DP did a very good job with continuity within its own series, but aside from one nice nod to Misty, we unfortunately didn't get anything PokéShipping wise. I do agree with you about DP being rushed. I was rather enjoying it at first, (the tenth and eleventh season), but the twelfth season, it was slowed down quite a bit, and the thirteenth season seems to be hurrying to the finish line.

And yeah, between Ash's slight physical redesign, Team Rocket's new uniforms, the fact that he's traveling with two Gym Leaders again (who aren't Misty and Brock), Best Wishes really does feel like the anime is semi-restarted, more so than AG and DP have. It really is a shame that so many characters that they introduce (either main characters or those that had great potential for recurring status), seem to fade into obscurity for the writers. And for us PokéShippers and/or Misty fans, her being more and more shut out by the writers is very disheartening. I ironically didn't become a Misty fan until she left the cast, but I been a PokéShipper since the second season.

That all said, I still adore Pokeshipping as much as ever and maintain that everything seemed to point towards Ash and Misty ending up together. Despite becoming infatuated with Danny and Rudy, Misty always remained loyal to Ash and was distraught about having to ultimately separate from him. Meanwhile, Ash has always been oblivious towards love but occasionally showed moments of care towards Misty and jealousy when others courted her (I can think of Danny, when Misty told him to be EXTRA careful which caused Ash to become jealous and lose concentration in climbing a mountain, before showing disappointment when Misty ran to Danny and offered her blanket to him). And from rewatching all the Kanto episodes in order again, i've managed to assert once again that there's no denying how much the two care about each other, which a number of characters have pointed out.
    I really should rewatch the orignal series episodes again. I didn't take the chance to appreciate some of the more subtle moments between Ash and Misty in the earliest episodes and in some of the Johto episodes. I wasn't too much into the show during the first season, but now I'm starting to warm up to those earlier episodes.

I wish I could believe once more that Misty will return and give us more Pokeshippy goodness, but it seems like the writers are only concerned now with advertising the games and promoting the most recent characters while occasionally giving continuity nods to those from the past. It has also been revealed that Ash is still 10 years old, so that also gives me less hope that the anime will ever give us serious character development. However, i'm still as certain as ever that Pokeshipping was at some point intended to be canonised, and i'll still continue to support it until the day it is refuted (which will hopefully/probably never happen )
    Not to draw too much focus on other ships, but I sort of think with the more promient ships in AG and DP, (i.e. ContestShipping and PenguinShipping), we can see hints reminscent of PokéShipping. ContestShipping is sort of a more mature, sophisticated version of PokéShipping, while PenguinShipping seems to be very similar, except maybe a bit more exaggerated and a little less mature. It didn't seem to get nearly as strong development as ContestShipping and PokéShipping, but I felt the strongest hints that it had were very much like PokéShipping. My point is the writers tend to write for ships that give off the "they always tease/argue with each other but still really care about each other" vibe. Since PokéShipping started that trend for the anime, they seem to give stronger development or make it more obvious for ships like it, like May and Drew and Dawn and Kenny, or even for one shot characters like Joe and Giselle from the "The School of Hard Knocks" and especially Janeiro and Arianne from "Hi Ho Silver...Away!", because not only were their interactions vitually identical to Ash and Misty's, they became engaged at the end of the episode!

My ultimate point is that while they don't give hints directly to PokéShipping anymore, I like to think that it still sort of lives on through other ships with other characters. And I haven't been really convinced that Ash interacts with the other girls in a shippy way, except for Anabel and Angie, with the latter being very much like PokéShipping. BW will probably have a promient ship like PokéShipping that will most likely not have Ash involved, and if that happens, I'll think of it as a small victory for PokéShipping.
    Last edited by Espeonic; 24th September 2010 at 9:55 PM.
    "It's all right, it's all right, it's all right. Yeah, sometimes you gotta lose 'til you win.
    It's all right, it's all right, it's all right. It'll be all right again."

Quote Originally Posted by Espeonic View Post
    Not to draw too much focus on other ships, but I sort of think with the more promient ships in AG and DP, (i.e. ContestShipping and PenguinShipping),
    Penguin was not prominent because Kenny only made a handful of appearances, while Drew was there many times.

My point is the writers tend to write for ships that give off the "they always tease/argue with each other but still really care about each other" vibe.
    That happens to many character combinations. Its not a real strong hint because rivals (m/f, m/m, f/f) often bicker at first then realize they care for one another.

Oh my gosh! This place has been SO active! xD I only went away for like 18 hours and we've filled up over a page! :3

WELCOME PAKUR! =D

I do agree than Penguin was not prominent. Though a nice idea, it is one of the most hated ships of all time, but let's not go there!

I saw most of the other posts and I have something to say. Before I go on, let it be known that I will be taking an example from Ikarishipping. I know what you're thinking - "she talks about that pairing all the time! I don't even like it!" (unless you do) But I think by the time I'm done, I will have gotten my point across. ^^

Ikarishipping is a pretty popular pairing, ne? Despite its popularity, there are hardly any hints. And despite the lack of hints, there is a huge band of supporters that ship this pairing like there's no tomorrow. They hardly ever look to the anime for hints. They the tiniest hint and make it the biggest thing ever! It's a total fanon. xD
    I think we can all take that pairing as an example. Instead of being like "I only watch the original series because I love Pokeshipping so much I don't want to watch anything w/o Misty" we could just be fans and ship our pairing like there's no tommorow! Make fanart, graphic, fanfiction, AMVs, and other things, and enjoy the show for what it is! Since Misty appearing again isn't so likely, can't we just enjoy the anime and have fun shipping? We might as well, since all shipping is supposed to be is just for fun. It shouldn't define the anime for you. =]
    I don't watch reguarly, since DP is not my favorite series due to lack of hilarity in comparison to OS and AG, and even BW so far. I watch with purpose, meaning if I want to watch something, I'll pick it out instead of just watching every week. But I will watch the Sinnoh League when it heads over to the states since I'm looking forward to some epic battles! YESH! I love battles! XD
    So yeah, that's my point. ^^ Hope you got what I wanted to say. =] I'm not trying to discourage you when it comes to Pokeshipping, but encourage you to watch the show regardless and be a Pokeshipper at the same time (It's possible, trust me). AG is fantastic, in my opinion. The Battle Frontier is a great season, and if you like Contestshpping, AG is so for you DP is lacking in a few ways, but that doesn't mean it's not worth watching. There are plenty of great episodes, and if you want to see an amazing battle, check out DP131 and DP132! It's Ash and Paul's full battle and those two are some of my favorite episodes ever. But I warn you... if you want Ash to win, don't watch! x3

Eh, I kinda got off topic with the whole battle thing... eheh ^^"

Yay for our semi-overactive thread, yay for Pokeshipping, and yay for fanworks! If we can't have a Misty cameo, we can just ship like there's no tomorrow! =D
    //*☆*Jesus loved the outcasts,
    He loves the ones the world just loves to hate*☆*//

shipping discussion,
    -is where you discuss your fave shipping..it's a discussion not a debate,..something that you can express you ideas or opinions on a ship^^
    Okay. I'm still kinda new to pokemon, so I have to watch more episodes to catch all the pokeshipping moments. I know a moment from Episode 14 (The Electric Shock Showdown):

Misty: We gain badges, you know. How do you think we'll look if you get crushed by Surge?
    Ash [yelling to Misty]: You have nothing to worry about, except for maybe seeing my own incredible strength! [Gets ready to punch Misty, sorta]
    Nurse Joy [grabbing Ash's hand]: All right! That's enough!
    Ash: She started it.
    Nurse Joy: You know, this is a hospital. They say if two people fight, they really care about each other.
    Ash: Me care about her?
    Misty [at the same time]: Me care about him?
    Ash and Misty: Hmph.
    Nurse Joy: Heeheeheehee.

Lolz.
    I derp.

"Don't take chances! Don't make mistakes! But get Messi, definitely get Messi!" - If Joachim Loew quoted Ms. Frizzle

Quote Originally Posted by American--Pi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Taavetti View Post
    Out of the three, I'd marry the soccer ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Sayho1234 View Post
    LMFAO, Carina I totally love your signature picture ! It's so true !
    heheh Thanks Sayho!

@ Ashist Wilketch - Yay! A confirmed Mangapokeshipper!

@ Hakajin - The fact that Yellow is a main character really puts her at a huge advantage too. But hey, as long as Red hasn't shown any signs for either girl yet and as long as Misty hasn't thrown in the towel, it's still totally open.

(BTW, would really appreciate it if someone leaves a post or something. http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...8#post11650558
    heheh...oooh this is awkward.)

Well, off the watch old Johto episodes that I missed. Gotta love pokemonepisodes.org
    My White FC: 0132-1250-5458

New topic:

When Ash & Misty have their wedding where should it take place?

I've personally always saw Misty as one of those women who like to have their wedding near the beach (like Megan Fox did for example), so I say that she'd have it at the Seaform Islands or that Orange League island that she & Ash had crashed on alone in the episode "The Lost Lapras" .

Hi! Can I join in?

Pokeshipping was the first shipping I ever supported and I started watching Pokemon when I was younger. There were a lot of people who also thought Ash and Misty liked each other like Rudy from the Orange Islands. I was really sad when Misty left and I thought no one could take the place of her but I eventually warmed up to May.

When Ash & Misty have their wedding where do you think it should take place?

Since Misty really loves the ocean I think it would be really romantic if they had their wedding on the beach at sunset. Ash would maybe want their wedding near one of the Pokemon leagues he competed in like the Indigo League or near Pallet Town.
    Proud Contestshipper, Pokeshipper, and Ikarishipper. <3

My friend code is 3711-8218-3949! Message me if you want to add me

@Carina >>> I'd love to help you out but I haven't read the manga before! I don't want to ship them with out knowing who they are and stuff.

@CoordinatingMaster
    WELCOME!!!
    I love all the ships in your siggie :3

Yay! Topic! xD
    The Cerulean Cape! It's supposed to be romantic, and it would be cute! If not there, Vermilion City at sunset, by the harbor with all the boats bobbing in the water, the ocean gleaming shades of blue and orange and sparkling.... how romantic!
    //*☆*Jesus loved the outcasts,
    He loves the ones the world just loves to hate*☆*//

I'd say the Cerulean Cape too, since in the games it says that only couples go out there and since it is Misty's hometown and she's such a romantic...I don't think Ash would have much of a preference, as long as the reception has tons of food

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Add me on youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AMVGeek15

I agree that a Cerulean wedding by the ocean would be nice, romantic, and utterly appropriate given Misty's hometown... BUT...

What would really make it perfect for me is if Team Rocket showed up and crashed the wedding. Because some things never change :P

Misty would destroy them with her Misty-Rage attack.

I dont really have time posting here, because of the school and the recordings, but I will try to post as much as I can.

SO. I had a chance to watch the "In defence of pokeshipping" vids and I liked them. All the stuff there was told was pure fact.
    Except I disagree with one small part. She (or he I dont remember) said that Misty "liked" Danny and thats why Ash got jealous. She didnt even mention that Misty was TRYING to get Ash jealous, because thats what I think it was about. I dont even think that Misty really liked Danny that much.

And now that I had a chance to be on youtube, I watched that "awesome fan-made trailer" and D`MN! Finally a well done real life pokemon video. It had over 2 million views and Ive been seeking those kind of videos earlier, so I wonder how I had not seen that one before?

And about the Pokemon Live Musical... I would watch it live, too, if it was near my place. (and if they would perform anymore)

Im actually happy that Ash is still 10, because, you know soon he would be too old for this show.

Quote Originally Posted by blondekid15 View Post
    I'd say the Cerulean Cape too, since in the games it says that only couples go out there
    Is that so? Well then its Cerulean Cape, definitely.

One more week and my exams are over... so If I dont get a chance to come by here, till next weekend then, cya.

[delete]
    stupidest question ever, found already three good answers.
    Last edited by FINpokeshipper; 28th September 2010 at 8:50 AM.

Sorry I haven't been posting here in a while, but I haven't had a lot of time recently, and to be honest, I couldn't think of anything to say.

Quote Originally Posted by FINpokeshipper View Post
    She didnt even mention that Misty was TRYING to get Ash jealous, because thats what I think it was about. I dont even think that Misty really liked Danny that much.
    I must say I disagree eith you there. If she was trying to get Ash jealous, she would show it a lot more, like exaggerating how dumb Ash is. Plus, I don't think she would offer to share her blanket with Danny if she didn't like him. As far as I know, girls of that age tend to get infatuated with the older 'cooler', stronger types often and quickly, usually for a few days. Can't say for sure though, I've never been a girl of that age. actually, I've never been a girl XD

on a side note, Ash is still 10!? that would mean people in the pokemon universe really don't age, 'cause I remember a particular episode.... (flashback blurred screen)

-Viridian City-
    Ash: "Wow, can you guys believe it's been a whole year since we've been here?"
    (end flashback)

...or something like that. I thought that would be at least 14 by now.

We haven't gotten our BW001 cameo after all, so it's back to waiting for an appearance of Misty later in BW. This does open up a whole new field of shippy things. for example, I read on bulbapedia that the Isshu Region is a lot further from Kanto than the other regions Ash has been to, and can only be reached by boat or by plane. If Misty travels all the way to Isshu just to visit it Ash, it would mean she really cares about him and would give a lot to see him. But I think we will have to wait until the pokepeoples decide to do something about that extreme lack of character bulding currently present in the anime before we will see some more serious shipping hints.

and about that wedding location, I agree that Cerulean Cape would be the perfect spot, as it's specially mentioned in the games.

gotta go now. good shipping to you all.
    Last edited by issue-11; 26th September 2010 at 12:47 AM.

When Ash & Misty have their wedding where should it take place?

Either Cerulean Cape, Pallet Town or the Cerulean City Gym. ^_^ It'll be a grand wedding full of food, fun, music and a performance from the Cerulean City Gym and whichever Sentai celebrity they can produce that resembles Kamen Rider, Ultraman or Super Sentai/Power Rangers. ^_^

I have another topic:

Given the new art direction that the Best Wishes series has, would you like to see the original series remade with this art style? And would you like to see some Classic Pokeshipping moments made this way?

Paired with the Artistic Melody now over three years! (Glomps Melody)

I am the optimistic Pokeshipping warrior of San Jose, California! I am Moogleborg! SHINRYUKEN!!

Given the new art direction that the Best Wishes series has, would you like to see the original series remade with this art style? And would you like to see some Classic Pokeshipping moments made this way?

Although the updated art style for Best Wishes is very lush and modernises the anime more than ever, i'm not sure that it would be beneficial for the original series to receive this treatment. Perhaps a special milestone for the series will see the animators do so which would be a nice touch, but at the moment I love the original episodes as they are. As far as the classic Pokeshipping moments go, I could never get tired of watching them in their raw watercolour art state xD.

I actually couldn't imagine the animators revising moments such as the famous Ghost At Maiden's Peak scene, or the Pokeball Peril 'lovebirds in a cage' scene lol. Moments such as these are timeless in my opinion.
    Last edited by Blazing Charmander; 26th September 2010 at 4:23 PM.

Not really... The new style for pokemon looks really great, but the original series are fine as they are. the changes aren't *that* drastic. I would, however, like to see the second movie remade. Revelation Lugia was really a milestone for pokeshipping.

I remember someone said that the lugia movie had a really pokeshipping moment, something about Misty rescuing Ash. But the writers had to remove it for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I remember someone said that the lugia movie had a really pokeshipping moment, something about Misty rescuing Ash. But the writers had to remove it for some reason.
    There were a lot of pokeshipping moments that did make it into the movie, but i think it was said that the scene where misty saves ash from drowning was longer in the original but it unfortunately got cut out. oh well, i guess she did more than what she did in the movie to revive him though

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Add me on youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AMVGeek15

Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    Actually while Misty did rescue Ash in the Lugia movie, in the original trailer, there was a moment that Misty shouted for Ash as he and Pikachu dove into water. Her shout was strong enough to have tears coming out of her eyes, all while Tracey was trying to hold Misty back so she wouldn't leap in after Ash.

Paired with the Artistic Melody now over three years! (Glomps Melody)

I am the optimistic Pokeshipping warrior of San Jose, California! I am Moogleborg! SHINRYUKEN!!

Quote Originally Posted by Moogleborg View Post
    Actually while Misty did rescue Ash in the Lugia movie, in the original trailer, there was a moment that Misty shouted for Ash as he and Pikachu dove into water. Her shout was strong enough to have tears coming out of her eyes, all while Tracey was trying to hold Misty back so she wouldn't leap in after Ash.
    You can see it in the original Japanese trailer. No matter, that movie is pure Pokeshipping with or without it. Still, my favorite AAML scene in the movie is when Melody says Misty will get used to Ash's antics when they get married. Misty blushes and screams "Take that back!!" Hilarious!

Your Favorite AAML 'Pokemon: The Movie 2000' moment?
    " r u n y o u c l e v e r b o y . . . a n d r e m e m b e r. "

Page 90 of 254 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190 ... LastLast