Page 96 of 254 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 6344

Thread: PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

I'm not entirely sure if I would count the queen of hearts playing card as a hint or not, but it does seem interesting that both Delia and Misty are on that card.

How aware do you think the other characters are of Ash's and Misty's feelings for each other, whatever you believe them to be? How much have they shown their awareness in the episodes?

I've gone back and forth whether or not Brock is aware or not. My guess is he may have been too involved in his own love life. Besides, if Ash were more overtly attracted to Misty, Brock would notice and try to help, him, which probably wouldn't go over well. Lol. I generally think of Tracey, Daisy, Psyduck, and Team Rocket as PokéShippers because they've all had moments where they pointed out something between the two. Ironically enough, I would say that Psyduck seemed to be one of the most aware that Misty has some sort of feelings for Ash, but then again, he may have just thought the situation was funny.
    Last edited by Espeonic; 26th October 2010 at 8:57 PM.
    "It's all right, it's all right, it's all right. Yeah, sometimes you gotta lose 'til you win.
    It's all right, it's all right, it's all right. It'll be all right again."

Forgotten to answer the question:

How aware do you think the other characters are of Ash's and Misty's feelings for each other, whatever you believe them to be? How much have they shown their awareness in the episodes?

The only characters who know the mutual feelings between Ash and Misty are Rudy and Casey (As some of the other answers already said). I think that Brock knew that Ash and Misty do have feelings for each other, after travelling with them for so long. I think that Brock had kept it to himself because he knows it will be awkward if he says Ash loves Misty or vice versa. I think this was a wise move by Brock!

When Misty makes her next appearance in the series, how would you like her character development with Ash to go? ^_^

I think both of them will be really happy just to see each other. They will catch up with each other etc. I think Ash will hint towards that he has feelings for Misty and shows her the "Misty" lure and how he stopped Dawn (Whom he mentions briefly) from using it. I just think the hinting will just carry on.

EDIT: Although there isn't any obvious hints about the Queen of Hearts with Delia on one half, the other half Misty; I think that both of them had a impact on Ash's life. Delia with bringing Ash up as a child without his dad helping him out. Misty: Don't need to say much, she helped Ash with tactics and mentored him during the rookie part of his life.
    Last edited by Tonyyy888; 27th October 2010 at 12:43 AM.

I think that Brock had kept it to himself because he knows it will be awkward if he says Ash loves Misty or vice versa.
    Now this, I think, is interesting and worth examining.

Because see, I've always thought... Brock has to be a Pokeshipper, right? He's into affairs of the heart and knows the two so well, but the evidence for him knowing just isn't there.

But when you think about it... what incentive would he have for making his insight known? They were all traveling together as a trio. Misty confessing her feelings to Ash or Ash examinining his own feelings would throw the happy platonic traveling dynamic into chaotic territory and Brock would get screwed either way. I think many of us have had friends that started dating and became completely obnoxious about it. It would give Ash and Misty a seperate subgroup that Brock would be left out of. And if it didn't work out things would either be really awkward or end in a lot of fighting and possibly the group breaking up altogether.

Now, it could be that Brock wouldn't keep quiet for those selfish reasons. It also could be that, well, Ash and Misty are young, there's no reason to rush 'em. Let 'em figure it out on their own. It's probably best that way. The 'mature' (sometimes) one would probably know that.

Hey Pokeshippers I have something to ask.
    What anime couples are more close to Pokeshipping?
    Well to me I think YoshiToki from Kekkaishi because They have that connection and problems and Tokine loves to hurt Yoshimori like When Misty hurts Ash for all the stupid things he does.

Banner made by Skiyomi

Now, it could be that Brock wouldn't keep quiet for those selfish reasons.
    Third-wheelin' it isn't fun, especially when you can't get a girl yourself, take it from me. On that same note, it's also possible that Brock is jealous of Ash for not even having to try and still getting the girl. He could have a dark side that none of us are even aware of O.o. He could very well feel that if he has had such difficulty in getting a girl, then why should Ash have such ease? He may just be withholding the information from Ash out of pure jealousy. Of course, wild speculation is wild but it's interesting to think about.

Dunno, don't watch anime, maybe I should, probably don't have time though...
    Last edited by BrownBear; 27th October 2010 at 11:55 PM.

Spiraling to the ground below, like autumn leaves left in the wake to fade
    -The Drapery Falls by Opeth

Third-wheelin' it isn't fun, especially when you can't get a girl yourself, take it from me. On that same note, it's also possible that Brock is jealous of Ash for not even having to try and still getting the girl. He could have a dark side that none of us are even aware of O.o. He could very well feel that if he has had such difficulty in getting a girl, then why should Ash have such ease? He may just be withholding the information from Ash out of pure jealousy. Of course, wild speculation is wild but it's interesting to think about.
    Hmm... I don't really see Brock as especially jealousy-motivated (well, at least when it comes to girls he isn't it to), but I could definitely see the rationale there. It certainly doesn't seem fair to poor Brock :P He tries so hard!

I kinda think of Lina/Gourry from Slayers because they have that classic fighty-lovey dynamic. Also, Lina's a red-head with a hair-trigger temple and Gourry's... well... completely clueless but loveable. There are probably others I can drudge up, but that's what immediately comes to mind.

How aware do you think the other characters are of Ash's and Misty's feelings for each other, whatever you believe them to be? How much do they show the awareness in the episodes?

I think people like Team Rocket know because they've teased them about it a few times and they've been there in every region so they are bound to see something. Brock would know something too because he's the wise one in the group and he looks like he knows whats going on. Brock always chases girls around and he would know if a guy liked a girl but he falls for girls instantly so I guess that wouldn't be much help. XD
    Proud Contestshipper, Pokeshipper, and Ikarishipper. <3

My friend code is 3711-8218-3949! Message me if you want to add me

Hmm... I don't really see Brock as especially jealousy-motivated (well, at least when it comes to girls he isn't it to), but I could definitely see the rationale there. It certainly doesn't seem fair to poor Brock :P He tries so hard!
    Nor do I, I was just exploring some interesting ideas. I like thinking about possible dark-sides to characters, exploring ulterior motives and such. Thinking of the possibilities gives the characters more depth (at least in my head). He does try so hard, which is probably his problem, ironically.

Spiraling to the ground below, like autumn leaves left in the wake to fade
    -The Drapery Falls by Opeth

How aware do you think the other characters are of Ash's and Misty's feelings for each other, whatever you believe them to be? How much do they show the awareness in the episodes?

I think this was most visible in the Orange Islands season, with at least two instances where people they didn't commented on the fact that they must be really close. After Johto, however, the only instance of a side-character really being aware of their feelings (that I know of) is Macey in 'love, pokemon style', but she didn't seem to be aware of Ash's feelings. however, Ash himself didn't seem to realise it. A fun fact: Ash rarely denies that he and Misty are "like that", as it's mostly Misty. Watch PK2 closely, you'll see what I mean.

Sorry to spoil the fun for you guys, but I really think we should try to keep away from these kinds of topics. See the first post on page 1 of this thread, you'll see what I mean. If you want to know what happens when a thread goes off topic, see this comic. Scroll down to the commentbox, you'll see what I mean. and to answer the topic: I don't really watch a lot of anime, sorry :P
    Last edited by issue-11; 28th October 2010 at 11:44 PM.

Whoever here hasn't read/watched Love Com... go watch it. Now. Seriously, you need to see it. I've mentioned it many times before, but I have to renew the reference for the newer shippers sometimes.
    These are my fanfics. Read them. Or not, whatever.
    Pokemon Generations: Satsumi's Journey (Chapter 2 Now Up!)
    My Fanfiction.net Profile

This is my Tumblr. Read it if you are so inclined.
    The Philosophy of Shipping (shipdr.tumblr.com)

Quote Originally Posted by Hakajin View Post

Whoever here hasn't read/watched Love Com... go watch it. Now. Seriously, you need to see it. I've mentioned it many times before, but I have to renew the reference for the newer shippers sometimes.
    I love that anime! It's so good, yeah people listen to Hakajin, it's really good

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Add me on youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AMVGeek15

i was watching some old pokemon episodes on boomerang and jigglypuff came on and sang it's song..guess who ended up sleeping next to each other with their heads touching? xD ash and misty! i started laughing and thought about sharing some old memories.

-Well since i believe that Misty is the only one of the two truly aware of her feelings towards Ash, it is hard to say who would be aware. I think Delia secretly knows how Ash feels towards Misty, like mother's intuition. Brock is a good second choice cause he thinks he knows sooo much about l.o.v.e

I don't use "uber" Pokemon , I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar)

Well to me I think YoshiToki from Kekkaishi because They have that connection and problems and Tokine loves to hurt Yoshimori like When Misty hurts Ash for all the stupid things he does.
    I can see how Tokine and Yoshi argued sometimes.They do have a little similarities..except for the fact Yoshi likes Tokine..it's the contrast part of Misty likes Ash,..but the combination is the best Chemistry^^

Right now,I can't really think much of anime couples closely related to Ash and Misty,..

Although there isn't any obvious hints about the Queen of Hearts with Delia on one half, the other half Misty; I think that both of them had a impact on Ash's life.
    I guess so. It's nice to see MIsty in an opening theme,I hope to see Misty even in a little flashback on the any Best Wishes opening.
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

|| Multishipper || Bias:鹿晗 || hwaiting! || Inactive||

Yes! Definitely this. You all have to see it. Probably the best shoujo series I've ever watched/read. Otani and Risa are a lot like Ash and Misty in so many ways. I think everyone here would have fun seeing the relations between them xD

No where near a close of a relation to Love Com, but for some odd reason whenever I see Shinji & Asuka from Evangelion, it reminds me of Ash and Misty (Probably because they both look a lot like Ash and Misty). Ash is nothing like Shinji, but I do see some (season 1) Misty in Asuka xD

Tracy is definitely one of the more aware ones! And Melody from Pokemon 2000 is probably the biggest pokeshipper in the anime. I am not too sure about Brock. I think he is too caught up in his love life to be concerned about Ash and Mistys, haha.

I dont watch many anime besides those that they dubbed in the networks, so I dont really know any couples similar to that. But if I may expand the question, ever since i first started watching pokemon the relationship between pokeship reminded me of Helga and Arnold from Hey Arnold. At least in the basic premise, since Helga is just too much. But i find the teasing and quiet admiration some similarity. Along with the guy having no idea.

Hello Serebii.Net Pokeshipping thread,

You may know me as "The Normish" on Bulbagarden Forums. I stumbled across you all mentioning my essay a few pages back, and well, I'm very flattered you like it.
    So, just popping by to say that, and keep up the good work supporting this Ship.

Yours,
    The Normish

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to address certain comments that my classification was incomplete. I realize this of course, but like I said, ti was by no means a conclusive categorization. I just couldn't think of anything else. Emotional Shipper didn't occur to me. I guess I figured that could fall under either one.
    Last edited by The Normish; 4th November 2010 at 4:55 AM.

Usagi and Mamoru season one of sailor moon.
    Mamoru acts more like a male version of Kasumi while Usagi acts like a female version of Satoshi.

Their original arguments were hilarious and Usagi's jealousy when Mamoru started dating Rei was funny also especially since she was completely oblivious to why she felt that way...

------

Daisuke and the love interest from DN angel...

----

Haruhi and Hikaru from Ouran High School Host Club....
    NeoMIniTails@gmail.com That is my email

Wow, it's been a while since I posted here, huh? Well, better make the most of it!

Good question! Mostly because there are so many anime couples out there that resemble Ash and Misty in so many ways, as everyone else already mentioned. Of course, I also have an answer, but this one's from quite possibly the zaniest anime that's been mentioned here. It's also male-on-male, and I don't really know if that really fits the criteria, but the personalities are so similar, I figured it was worth a shot to point it out.

Okay, so the pairing I have in mind is Alfred F. Jones and Arthur Kirkland from Hetalia: Axis Powers. (I'd explain the entire concept of the show, but this post is already way too long.) I find it similar to Pokeshipping mostly because thier personalites and the way they act around each other tend to be EXTREMELY similar to how Ash and Misty act. Aflred, for example, is clueless-yet-loveable with a hero complex (like Ash) and Arthur is grumpy and quick to point out Alfred's flaws, but he has a softer side (like Misty)
    I would go further, but again, this post is incredibly long already. Also, if you have any knowledge of Hetalia, then you probably know this is probably the most normal description of ANY pairing in that series. And there's a LOT.

So yeah, you guys think on that for a while, and let's hope my next post isn't monstrously long.
    Last edited by Twixted Mind; 6th November 2010 at 8:01 AM.
    Oh, me? I have a little problem.
    You see...

I'M CRAZY!!!!

What anime couple are more close to pokeshipping

I had to said rika and takato from digimon season 3 they remind me of ash and misty.
    i am a ash/misty fan

[IMG] ash and misty

Don't you guys think future Pokeshipping is DEAD?! It's obvious the writers don't like Misty nearly as much as they used to.

I just can't watch the series after Johto. Not just because of no Misty (that's a big part of it) but because it seems the whole tone has changed. It goes from silly, charming, and playful to serious. At least in the D/P series it does. I'll be honest, I've probably only watched like, one episode of the Advance series.

They had a great trio of characters and a funny storyline going on in Kanto - Johto. Why they ever tried to mix it up I'll never know. If it ain't broke don't fix it. I'm not a writer, so maybe I just can't get on the same level as their thinking.

But yeah, future Pokeshipping is dead. Maybe, just maybe (highly doubtful) the writers will throw us a bone at the conclusion of this anime (if that will ever happen) but that's pretty much it.

I'm also gonna go with Takato/Rika from Digimon.
    Rika's attitude reminds me a lot of Misty and the kind of relationship she has with Takato reminds me a lot of the kind of relationship Ash and Misty had when Misty was still on the show.
    Of course that's just me though.

Credit | Author's Profile | Multi-Shipper ☆ Drew fan | Status: Inactive

No, I don't think pokeshipping is dead. It's alive and well. It sounds more like you believe the anime is dead rather than the actual coupling of Ash and Misty.

It can only become dead once you stop believing in it.

And it's not about who or what the writers like... It's what producers want shown for the show... And now they believe in switching new girls with every season.

Misty still gets her mentions every once in awhile... And you still have over 270 episodes of memories of her to go by... You have fanfiction for what the anime won't provide and you have imagination...

About the DP series, a well-written show should be able to do that. Sailor Moon was the queen of anime writing for that... One moment you can be laughing then crying then sighing joyfully all in one episode... If the show only kept one emotion, it'll get boring.

The original Kanto series did the same thing.
    NeoMIniTails@gmail.com That is my email

Sorry Bronzong, but thats one thing that I refuse to believe. ^^ No matter what happens, to me, one of these days, Pokeshipping will make its well deserved return.

And besides, with us Pokeshippers around, Pokeshipping will never die no matter what! It doesn't matter if its the past, present or future, Pokeshipping will never die!

It doesn't matter who the writers are right now, one of these days, they'll get replaced by writers who know how to write the stories to not only bring in new viewers, but also for viewers who have watched the series. ^^

But realistically, I see Pokeshipping more in future installments in OVAs or even an alternative anime series, even if theres one where Ash and Misty and co. have gotten older. ^^

Although it gives me an idea for a new topic:

Would you like to see an alternative anime series where Ash, Misty and their friends have gone through a time skip?

Paired with the Artistic Melody now over three years! (Glomps Melody)

I am the optimistic Pokeshipping warrior of San Jose, California! I am Moogleborg! SHINRYUKEN!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bronzong View Post
    Don't you guys think future Pokeshipping is DEAD?! It's obvious the writers don't like Misty nearly as much as they used to.
    I think you are somewhat right, I mean, the writers don't think much of Misty and she has been making appearances less and less, but what I think is that no shipping will happen, I mean 12 years ago, there was no "other" girl in Ash's life, there were plenty of hints for Ash and Misty becoming a couple, and the original Japanese trailer shows Misty with a little girl and pikachu (you do the math). But now that there are fans who want Ash to be with May or Dawn, then to not upset the Pokeshippers, they have Drew come into the series, but don't give just enough evidence so Advanceshippers can still make their argument and yeah same with any shipping that opposes an Ash shipping.

But I don't think Pokeshipping will ever truly die, if it dies, it's completely forgotten, and even after 13 years; Pokeshipping is still one of the strongest Pokemon ships out there...So no, it isn't dead, in fact nothing could be further from the truth; as for future Pokeshipping, it won't die, it's already been 13 years, Misty was a main character in only 5 seasons...So we have nothing to worry about

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Add me on youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AMVGeek15

Don't you guys think future Pokeshipping is DEAD?!
    You're joking right?
    Pokeshipping is not dead, furthest thing thing from it, in fact. Pokeshipping still maintains a huge fanbase to this day. And just because Misty's not on the show anymore doesn't mean Pokeshipping is dead.
    Also, as a friend of mine has said before, a shipping will NEVER die as long as there are people still continue to support it.
    Pokeshipping is not dead, nor will it ever be.

Credit | Author's Profile | Multi-Shipper ☆ Drew fan | Status: Inactive

Page 96 of 254 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196 ... LastLast