Page 99 of 255 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149199 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,475 of 6353

Thread: PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

^I can agree with Hakajin... I think I've developed a personal obsession with not just this ship, but with Misty in general. I mean I use to watch other programmes/anime but the producers of those programmes managed to tie up the ends of each character and I can feel happy for them. But with Misty, so many things are left unaccomplished. I've been containing my emotions about this but at times, these emotions sometimes get the better of me.

I feel a lot better as I wasn't the only one who had developed emotional development for this ship/Misty. Cheers Hakajin

Quote Originally Posted by Melody93 View Post
    I even had a dream that Georgio that guy with a crush on Misty appeared in Best Wishes to challege Ash for Misty heart.
    Sounds a lot like that Kenny episode...probably got it from that.

btw, i know this is a PG rated forum and all. but does anyone know if there were any doujinshi made based on pokeshipping, not wondering about names just if they exist? i was wondering after seeing some movies with just misty and ash

^ Yeah I've also grown personal obsession with ships that I love so much. They are so hard to let go but sometimes we have to move on with our lives and except that she may not come back or Ash and Misty will never be together. They still haven't said anything about anyone ending up together so we still have a chance and I always hope for them to end up together.

It's true that other animes tie up all their lose end like who they love and what are they going to do in the future like what they're going to do for the rest of their lives. I'm wishing that I'll at least the Pokemon writers tell us who ends up together and what they are going to do with the rest of their lives. They just told us when Misty left that she was going to run the gym but something can still happen.
    Proud Contestshipper, Pokeshipper, and Ikarishipper. <3

My friend code is 3711-8218-3949! Message me if you want to add me

*shrug* People ship in different ways. I don't think it's right to tell people they should get over a pairing any more than it is to say that they need to turn it into a lifelong obsession. To some of us, canon matters very much, to others not at all.

...Personally I find myself at very different parts on the spectrum for different ships I support.

By the way, I was dared to write a Pokeshipping vs. Pearlshipping drabble that kind of turned into a oneshot (albeit a short one). It's not at all a conclusive thing, and I think it's just a matter of perspective as to which girl and which ship comes off worse/better. But it was kinda meant to be a bit of an exploration of how both girls have supported Ash in different ways, because I think Misty really did support Ash in his journey just as much as Dawn does, but in a different way. And I think that kind of gets lost and underappreciated.

So if you're interested at all, I'd appreciate it if you checked it out: Cheering Styles.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiyomi View Post
    -snip-
    nice fic, but one problem is that Dawn was out of character (well, I know its fiction and all and doesn't even need to follow anime structure)...but Dawn was always nonresponsive when other girls showed interest in Ash. ie Angie and Lyra, who was the most blatant case. While we have seen Misty get jealous plenty of times. in that case Dawn has more of that 'childish' mentality like Ash. her feelings were expressed in more subtle ways, ie. like when it was time for Ash to head to Kanto they focused on her subtle facial expression.
    Last edited by Teshub; 17th November 2010 at 5:48 AM.

Since we're on a new page (depending on the page setting you have for this forum), I thought I'd pose several bold questions. One is not so much of Pokeshipping, but is relevent to the ship, while the other definitely is shipping based.

Now I personally feel that if Misty had more to do in the Johto Season (Tododile Duel and The Whirl Cup was a step in the right direction), that she might have still been kept on the show, and thus strengthening Pokeshipping's chance of being canon.

So if Misty was brought back, what would you do for the character to keep her more active and thus keeping her interesting for those not so much into shipping.

I'd definitely have her getting into more battles or just doing a great deal more training. Had she been in the Hoenn and Sinnoh Season as a regular, I'd definitely see her challenging Juan and Wake to a battle since they specialize in Water Types.

And incidently, when Ash is training to fight a Water Type Gym Leader, Misty would of course be the ideal training training partner.

Now that the question is out of the way,:
    Whether as a friend or a boyfriend, what kind of gift do you see Ash getting Misty?

To start, now when trying to consider something like this, I try to take Ash's canon personality into account while factoring into the idea that he can be romantic in his own way.

Meaning that any gift he gets would have some personal meaning or interest to Misty. And that he doesn't do it to impress her, but simply as a kind caring gesture.

As for me, I'd see him either making or buying a bracelet decorated with various Water Type Pokemon. Especially one that has a Tentacool/Tentacruel.

*shrug* People ship in different ways. I don't think it's right to tell people they should get over a pairing any more than it is to say that they need to turn it into a lifelong obsession. To some of us, canon matters very much, to others not at all.
    Understandable. Though I suggest that you check out that fanfic I linked to: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5830471/..._Pearl_version. The writer does a great job at capturing the style of the show, that it feels like canon. And again keeps the characters in character while allowing growth. Granted the earlier chapters feels different, but that's only because it's handling her return. Once the episode adaptations occur, you get the classic feeling of the show.

And for those who did see Diamond and Pearl, you see Misty's response to Angie and her crush on Ash.

nice fic, but one problem is that Dawn was out of character (well, I know its fiction and all and doesn't even need to follow anime structure)...but Dawn was always nonresponsive when other girls showed interest in Ash. ie Angie and Lyra, who was the most blatant case. While we have seen Misty get jealous plenty of times. in that case Dawn has more of that 'childish' mentality like Ash. her feelings were expressed in more subtle ways, ie. like when it was time for Ash to head to Kanto they focused on her subtle facial expression.
    It is admittedly true that I've seen less episodes with Dawn in them than Misty, but I think you're reading something into her reactions that are simply not there. She's not reacting the way she is in any 'stay away from my man!'/jealousy kind of way, but because Misty was criticizing her harshly and she had no idea why. Misty had her reasons, but that's enough to make anyone want to lash out, feelings for Ash or not. And while she does in fact discovery that Misty has feelings for Ash (I know there's a scene I saw in an episode not long ago that convinced me that Dawn isn't quite as dense as Ash when it comes to noticing these kinds of things) the fic does not go on to show her reaction to this. It's just a realization, nothing more.

So I stand by my characterization choices.

So if Misty was brought back, what would you do for the character to keep her more active and thus keeping her interesting for those not so much into shipping.

Two words: more battles.

And not just alongside Ash, but for her own self.

Whether as a friend or a boyfriend, what kind of gift do you see Ash getting Misty?

I feel like the best we could get is some sort of water Pokemon-based accessory... and I don't mean fashion accessory. It'd probably be something he could see as useful to her instead of something pretty looking.

...Which isn't really wrong in any way. It might not be what Misty'd hope for, but it'd still show he cares.

Understandable. Though I suggest that you check out that fanfic I linked to: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5830471/..._Pearl_version. The writer does a great job at capturing the style of the show, that it feels like canon. And again keeps the characters in character while allowing growth. Granted the earlier chapters feels different, but that's only because it's handling her return. Once the episode adaptations occur, you get the classic feeling of the show.
    ^^; Actually I was sticking up more for the validity of a difference of opinion. To be honest, closure would be nice, but the lack of it doesn't bother me too much. I can see why it bothers others and there's nothing wrong with that, but in the realm of Pokemon I can dig it. Not like with...

SLAYERS! *is hit over the head with something heavy*

*revives hours later* But yes, fanfics that feel like extensions of the canon are precious treasures indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiyonder View Post
    Someone on another site came with an idea to introduce something called Pokemon water sports. Something similar to the X-Games that would involve a Pokemon and it's trainer competing in different events like water racing, fishing, battling, etc. My only objection to it was that it sounded a little too similar to pokemon contests and/or the Pokethlon. But it still sounded interesting.

My idea was in Gotta Catch Ya Later, Ash should've given Misty his hat that she entered tried winning but didn't. It's not like Ash used it the next season anyways.

On another note I always loved the idea of both Ash and Misty each having their own Luvdisc for some reason.

Heh, always good to hear from other obsessive shippers. For the most part, though, I think that when people say you shouldn't take it seriously, it's more of a misunderstanding than anything. I mean, I don't think anyone's trying to criticize us, at least. It's just that it's hard to understand from the outside.

Oh, and Mel, I don't think it's unhealthy. I mean, if you gave into depression over it, then it would be bad. But most people go through these feelings eventually, whether it's from something happening with a ship or breaking up with a longtime girlfriend/boyfriend. Like I said, working through it teaches you things and helps you grow. And I'd say the same thing about dealing with the difference between fantasy and real life. So it depends on how you deal with it, but overall, I think shipping's a good thing even when it is hard.

...I wrote an essay on this. Maybe I should post it sometime...
    These are my fanfics. Read them. Or not, whatever.
    Pokemon Generations: Satsumi's Journey (Chapter 2 Now Up!)
    My Fanfiction.net Profile

This is my Tumblr. Read it if you are so inclined.
    The Philosophy of Shipping (shipdr.tumblr.com)

Ah,I'm thinking Ash should give an Ash lure..and Misty giving new hat to Ash..and yeah..I hope Ash gives his hat to Misty in that time in ''GCYL''.

Yah!More battles..and competing in a championship or any tournaments something like that,and training with her and Ash together,catching pokemons and episodes that will focussed on her..
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

|| Multishipper || cr:baekhundred || hwaiting! || Inactive||

Well I'm just voicing people's views, just be more involved with battles! I mean yeah she can still be Ash's coach when he needs it but now that he has experience from all the different leagues, I feel that if he's still needs to work on something, she would be there to help him. By helping him, I feel she will reignite the relationship between herself and Ash

Regardless whether the two are going out, I think that Ash will give his "Good luck" charm away to Misty. This is because Misty always said that her Misty lure always helps her to fish and it was lucky to her. So I feel that Ash should do the same and give away his good luck charm to Misty (For the people who don't remember Ash's good luck charm, it's the other half of the Pokeball he currently shares with Gary). I think he still has it, correct me if I'm wrong.

As for Misty... I'm not even too sure. I feel that she already gave away her prized possession other than Pokemon. But I feel that the best thing she can give is just being with Ash for a couple of weeks or more.

P.S I would like to reiterate that I'm not the only obsessive shipper who is trying to move on with my life. I would also like to thank other people as well as it made me feel a lot better seeing that I'm not the only person who is obsessive. I thought I was being somewhat sad but now that there are a few more of you, cheers, it made me feel a lot better

Im really busy with school and it takes me ages to write posts in english, but Im trying to do my best to keep this board just a bit more active...

I take the pokeshipping actually pretty seriously. One of the biggest goals in my life right now is to get the pokemon story done, which is based almost completely on AAML (lol kinda lame, I know).
    If some of you think that pokeshipping is just ”by passing obsession kind of thing”(lol i dunno how to spell it, but you get the point -.-) and it will never happen, you should just keep it to your self, cuz that makes still obsessed fans, like me really sad. For me its kind of hard to read these forums and notice, how little people care about pokeshipping anymore(tough, I still just cant stop reading) [and well the recent posts have been kinda nice actually)].
    I mean in my opinion, currently the point of the pokeshipping is to dream about Ash and Misty getting together. And I dont think anything related to love can be taken that lightly.

More battles and expecially with/against Ash. And maybe she should try to compete in the same league as Ash.

Id say something really simple and special to Ash, which reminds her of him.

Btw GlassRose, I loved your fic. Hope you continue writing it soon.

I checked out the LoveCom anime and I got hooked right away. But man I got sad when I found out theres only 24 episodes. I have gotten used to that the animes been up for long and it has so many episodes, I dont have time to watch them all.

Oh man, Iv got no more time to check the spelling mistakes (hehee, going to cinema watch the newest harry potter :P) so sorry if there are some really stupid mistakes… cya

Geez, guys. Misunderstood much? At least Jeanie gets it, and CoordinatingMaster does too (whether she realizes it or not). Maybe it's just the younger of us who understand. I'm not saying get over it, I'm just saying don't be so swayed by what the writers do or what other people think. It's like painting a picture or having it painted for you.

And for those who did see Diamond and Pearl, you see Misty's response to Angie and her crush on Ash.
    Yes! I didn't watch much DP, but I did see like 1 1/2 of those episodes. That's just gonna be great. xDDDDD
    And people, it's a good story! If you're home sick and bored to death (like me xp) it's a good read!

I so agree with more battles! Battles are like my favorite part of the whole show! That'd be epic! 8D

Like dougtrio said before, his hat. I love that idea. I should write a fic like that!

Ah,I'm thinking Ash should give an Ash lure..and Misty giving new hat to Ash..and yeah..I hope Ash gives his hat to Misty in that time in ''GCYL''.
    An Ash lure? Ashist, that rocks. xD

サトヒカ (SatoHika) 約 8,500 件 4 yrs
    サトカス (SatoKasu) 約 7,830 件 13 yrs
    サトハル (SatoHaru) 約 3,640 件 8 yrs
    See guys? No need to worry! (now I sound like Dawn xD) SatoKasu's still popular in Japan.

EDIT:
    Someone posted right before me. xD
    Btw GlassRose, I loved your fic. Hope you continue writing it soon.
    Thanks! I'm working on the next chapter.

on an unrelated note, i love your signature
    Lol, thanks Jeanie
    Last edited by xxGlassRose; 17th November 2010 at 7:19 PM.
    //*☆*Jesus loved the outcasts,
    He loves the ones the world just loves to hate*☆*//

Geez, guys. Misunderstood much? At least Jeanie gets it, and CoordinatingMaster does too (whether she realizes it or not). Maybe it's just the younger of us who understand. I'm not saying get over it, I'm just saying don't be so swayed by what the writers do or what other people think. It's like painting a picture or having it painted for you
    Yeah, you guys were really arguing different points. I think xxGlassRose was talking about our tendency to blur the lines between fiction and reality, which I think is a very interesting phenomenon. We tend to forget that these characters are essentially constructs of our imagination. We have to ask the question of what truly happens to them. Well, I think the real answer is what happens to them is only what happens to them in our mind, which is like what xxGlassRose said, "it's like painting a picture or having it painted for you". You can really do whatever you want with Ash and Misty, because they only really exist in our minds (which is good enough for me :P). All the canon really is is what someone else did with them in their minds, so what makes canon any better than fanfiction?

That being said, its not like it's easy to ignore canon. Our minds definitely like to view the characters as being real and having a set chronology to their lives, determined by something other than yourself, because that's what we're familiar with. We're used to real people, not people whose lives can be constructed in any fashion we choose, so our mind likes to default to what the writers, who act as the "fates" here, to know what happened to them. Please correct me if I'm totally wrong, but I think the severity to which xxGlassRose was referring was the whole "Oh, the writers said this and the writers said that, so that's what happened!" mentality that we have, myself included.

Hakajin's point was that it's ok to take shipping seriously, to ride the emotional roller coaster along with the characters, which I think is very true. There's nothing wrong with it. Maybe I'm biased because I'm admittedly also an obsessive shipper, but it can definitely lead to personal growth. Hey, I've noticed many things about myself through my shipping experiences that I wouldn't have admitted otherwise, like that I'm a bit of a hopeless romantic, despite being a bit of a manly man, and that I can reconcile these two things (I used to think they were mutually exclusive, but now I don't).

Both of these points are good and I agree with them. I also think that it's good to keep both of them in mind, for those times when people don't understand you for shipping and make fun of you or whatever, or those times when the canon doesn't go our way and we feel bad.

Oh would you look at that, its not philosophy o'clock anymore!

Make her take her own gym challenge! Show her when she's in training to be the water pokemon master she's always dreamed of being instead of just when she's lounging around! I think the writers forgot that the show wasn't really about Ash in the Johto seasons and made Brock and Misty sink into the background to increase the spotlight on Ash. I think that Misty suffered the most from this and got the boot as a result. SO HAVE HER FIGHT GYMS AND TRAIN!

The Ash lure idea is pretty win, but I doubt he has the means of acquiring one. He'd probably catch her a rare water pokemon, like a... something in Isshu (I don't know any of them). If he got her a luvdisc, it would be game over, Pokeshipping wins, everything else in existence loses :P

Spiraling to the ground below, like autumn leaves left in the wake to fade
    -The Drapery Falls by Opeth

Have more to add to my first question:

I'd include some more Psyduck training so that he can be a little more reliable without the headaches, or at the very least teach him Headbutt (which is sure to activate his Psychic talents). Besides, if Ash can go between being headstrong and clever, then Psyduck could still retain it's dopey tendencies despite improving in battles.

And now that I think about it, getting Misty into more battles means Ash doing some heavy cheering.

Quote Originally Posted by BrownBear View Post

He'd probably catch her a rare water pokemon, like a... something in Isshu (I don't know any of them). If he got her a luvdisc, it would be game over, Pokeshipping wins, everything else in existence loses :P
    I remember how some fanfics would have him capturing a Tentacool, given that it's a Water Type she really likes. So I'd take it a step further, and suggest that he would capture a Shiny Tentacool to surprise her with.

Heck, I find the shiny colors to be an improvement.
    Last edited by Antiyonder; 18th November 2010 at 7:58 AM.

He'd probably catch her a rare water pokemon, like a... something in Isshu (I don't know any of them).
    -Maybe a Mamanbou? (shaped like a heart )..and other water type pokemon in Isshu..yeah..a water pokemon should do the trick..since Misty really likes it..It would be nice if it's a legendary,like manaphy..or a Milotic..
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

|| Multishipper || cr:baekhundred || hwaiting! || Inactive||

He'd probably catch her a rare water pokemon, like a... something in Isshu (I don't know any of them).
    Y'know, I actually think that could make for a really great - and very possible within the anime - moment, especially if Ash did not originally catch the Pokemon with her in mind. Then he brings out the Pokemon during a visit with Misty and she likes it so much and it likes her so much, that he decides to give it to her. Considering how much they used to fight over who would get a water Pokemon (eh... or a Pokemon-near-water) I think it would be a nice moment to develop their relationship.

I'd include some more Psyduck training so that he can be a little more reliable without the headaches, or at the very least teach him Headbutt (which is sure to activate his Psychic talents). Besides, if Ash can go between being headstrong and clever, then Psyduck could still retain it's dopey tendencies despite improving in battles.

And now that I think about it, getting Misty into more battles means Ash doing some heavy cheering.
    I'm all for this. Ash got to resolve a lot of his problem-child Pokemon issues, why not Misty? There's unplumbed depths there!

I remember how some fanfics would have him capturing a Tentacool, given that it's a Water Type she really likes. So I'd take it a step further, and suggest that he would capture a Shiny Tentacool to surprise her with.

Heck, I find the shiny colors to be an improvement.
    I really want Misty to get a Tentacool, and I don't even care how it happens as long as it happens. Because she likes it so much that it's about damn time. Plus I like Tentacruel. Sea monters = Yes.

Whether as a friend or a boyfriend, what kind of gift do you see Ash getting Misty

Easy. Ash's old hat. I think this would be the perfect gift because

A) Misty has already given Ash something that's important to her, which is her super secret Misty weapon lure (try saying that ten times fast) so Ash is in debt (once again) and owes her something of his that's important to him .

B) He doesn't even wear the hat anymore, he should give it to someone and give it some use and...

C) Misty had mentioned that she had entered the same contest to get the hat, coincidentally, Ash ends up with it...Shouldn't he give it to her?

Speaking of "debt"...When you think about it...Ash never REALLY payed Misty back, it was Nurse Joy who fixed Misty's bike so technically, Ash is still in Misty's debt...I wonder if she's noticed this or if she's just matured that she wouldn't even bother bringing it up.

With that being said...

Since Ash is technically still in Misty's debt, what do you think Misty would have Ash do for her?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Add me on youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AMVGeek15

Since Ash is technically still in Misty's debt, what do you think Misty would have Ash do for her?

Are you referring to Misty's bike or the fact Misty saved his life in the first episode? If it's the bike, I recall Nurse Joy fixing Misty's bike in "Gotta Catch Ya Later." If it's the latter, I think she'll never let him live it down. She'll tease him, mock him, make him take her out to dinner, just to rub it in that she saved his life.
    " r u n y o u c l e v e r b o y . . . a n d r e m e m b e r. "

Quote Originally Posted by adrenaline View Post

Are you referring to Misty's bike or the fact Misty saved his life in the first episode? If it's the bike, I recall Nurse Joy fixing Misty's bike in "Gotta Catch Ya Later." If it's the latter, I think she'll never let him live it down. She'll tease him, mock him, make him take her out to dinner, just to rub it in that she saved his life.
    well i explained it in my post (sorry it was long lol) that ash never payed misty back since nurse joy was the one who fixed her bike so he technically still owes misty

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Add me on youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AMVGeek15

Something overly elaborate. It would be full of over-the-top tasks for Ash to perform, some embarrassing, some difficult and some just plain stupid. It would be sure to be hilarious. I feel like walking on a bed of coals would fit somewhere in there. Obviously Ash would complete all the tasks while whining about having to do them, all while wondering why he's doing these things for her. I'd watch that episode.

Spiraling to the ground below, like autumn leaves left in the wake to fade
    -The Drapery Falls by Opeth

For the record, I do agree with the idea of giving her his Indigo League cap, but I wanted to go with something often not discussed.

I really want Misty to get a Tentacool, and I don't even care how it happens as long as it happens. Because she likes it so much that it's about damn time. Plus I like Tentacruel. Sea monters = Yes.
    I imagine that given her interest in both that she'd want to have both rather than just one.

But going back on track, I have to say that this is one scenario I tend to agree with. Getting a Pokemon she's always wanted, from a guy she's crazy about.

Geez, guys. Misunderstood much? At least Jeanie gets it, and CoordinatingMaster does too (whether she realizes it or not). Maybe it's just the younger of us who understand. I'm not saying get over it, I'm just saying don't be so swayed by what the writers do or what other people think. It's like painting a picture or having it painted for you
    Ah, I never responded to this. One of my points is that we can't help it. It just happens. We can try to talk ourselves out of it, but that rarely works. It's just something we have to deal with.
    These are my fanfics. Read them. Or not, whatever.
    Pokemon Generations: Satsumi's Journey (Chapter 2 Now Up!)
    My Fanfiction.net Profile

This is my Tumblr. Read it if you are so inclined.
    The Philosophy of Shipping (shipdr.tumblr.com)

New topic:

What do you think Misty's 'romantic' character trait says about Pokeshipping?

I've been thinking about this a fair bit lately, because I think the character trait is one of the things thrown into the mix that makes her character interesting. She has a lot of tomboy characteristics, but she's also a self-professed romantic, which is less associated with a tomboy-nature.

Romantic characters often have romantic interests... that just comes about naturally, and Ash is the most obvious (the EXTREMELY obvious) choice.

So, I basically see two possibilities in the decision to make Misty a romantic (and she's shown to be one very early on, so it was likely a decision made early on):

1. Misty and Ash were always intended to be shipped together.

or

2. The 'romantic' character trait is meant to highlight her femininity despite her other tomboy traits.

1. Misty and Ash were always intended to be shipped together.

or

2. The 'romantic' character trait is meant to highlight her femininity despite her other tomboy traits.
    Or,

3. They wanted Misty to appeal to the female side of the Pokemon audience as much as possible, and thus gave her varied but not uncommon female traits.

I like option one the best, though.

Page 99 of 255 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149199 ... LastLast