Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cheers on Castaways Isle! (580)

Hybrid View

Default Cheers on Castaways Isle! (580)

The Pikachu-Piplup Drifting Chronicle!

Finally leaving Iron Island and heading towards Akebi Town, Ash & Dawn find that they've inadvertantly left Pikachu & Piplup on a deserted island and have to go back as soon as possible. Back on the island, Pikachu & Piplup explore and discover that some Corphish & Mantyke are looking after a mysterious yet familiar gem...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

can someone please tell me how this episode went because these are one of those more interesting fillers
    wanna brawl?

-Charizard is the greatest pokemon.
    BOW DOWN BEFORE HIM!

This episode was weird. Nothing really happened, and felt a lot like a Pikachu short. But there's nothing I really find wrong with it. To be honest it felt like a fresh of breath air.

I suppose the most interesting thing I found was Piplup telling Pikachu not to use thunderbolt underwater or else it fries them. Also Pikachu does iron tail underwater.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Looks like a good episode. Pikachu and Piplup look so cute together! Was the gem Deoxys'?
    this hope is treacherous, this daydream is dangerous.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

QVC PRESENTS: PARADE OF POKEMON MASCOTS TELETHON SALE
    Good evening, folks. So glad you could join QVC for our massive liquidation of merchandise featuring everybody’s favorite Pokemon mascots that your children are exposed to every Thursday and tell you to buy.

Is that handmade china bowl featuring art by Van Gogh that you bought from us suddenly making you feel empty? Has the novelty finally worn off that mass-produced gold-plated football we sold you? Have you awoken to the realization that the commemorative mint-condition Obama coin you ordered last week is completely worthless? Well, then good news – these collectibles featuring Pikachu & Piplup’s deserted island adventure are high-quality products you won’t regret buying!

As the episode begins, we see Pikachu & Piplup looking forlorn and yelling out upon the sea. This would be a good time to remind you that all orders are non-refundable, but also that the first item we are selling is a set of wine glasses featuring Pikachu & Piplup stranded. Pure vintage. But, oh look – it’s Ash and Dawn and that other dude who just hangs out in the background. Nobody wants to buy stuff with them on it, so fortunately, the episode cuts right to a flashback of Pikachu & Piplup messing around in the engine rooms. Look at how cute they are! So adorable! Makes you wanna buy this hand-crafted Piplup wind chime, don’t it?

Pikachu & Piplup have now been captured by TR and thrown into a capsule, kinda like a pill. Speaking of which, we’ve got these great pain killers on sale that have Pikachu’s face on the bottle. But they’re a limited-time offer, so buy now before that jackass across the street buys the last one! The duo now runs past a band of Probopass. To commemorate the appearance of such a holy figure in the episode, we are also selling a Probopass-shaped canteen of holy water. This offer only lasts for the next five minutes, however, so hurry!

Pikachu is now picking apples for Piplup; makes you kinda hungry, huh? Well, you’re in luck, as we happen to have a newly-arrived supply of hard candies shaped like Pikachu & Piplup’s heads! Suddenly, the two begin using their bubble and lightning attacks, respectively, to cause a storm. What better time than to show off not only our Piplup bubble bath goods, but our Pikachu night light! This package comes in a bundle, giving you two for the price of one! Now the great Muku.BIRD has appeared in the episode, but no merchandise of the bird is for sale due to the fact that our previous Muku.BIRD clearance sale caused our consumers brain damage.

A mysterious crystal has appeared! At this point, we’d like to inform you all that these crystal figurines of the rat and the penguin are one-of-a-kind, and make great gifts for anyone. The duo has now gone scuba-diving with their assorted water Pokemon friends, and now your kids can, too, with this brand-spanking-new Piplup snorkel kit! That’s right; your kid can now be just as obnoxious as what he sees on TV! Alas, Deoxys has now arisen, and as your kids can tell you, Deoxys is a super-rare-uber-must-have legendary Pokemon, whose goods we are offering at legendary prices! But of course, both this sale and this show are about Pikachu & Piplup, so Deoxys is quite insignificant.

Holy crap, is that Yanmega? We’d sell Yanmega plushies if we could, but unfortunately, people only care about Pikachu & Piplup. As the sun sets and the episode draws to a close, take one last glance at the two forced mascots and think about how badly you want to pinch their adorable little cheeks. And as a bonus, all orders placed today will come with a free keychain featuring the duo, as the writer of this joke review realizes how unnecessarily long it was and how he could have instead been out buying more dolls of Pikachu & Piplup.

We’ll see you next time here on QVC, where we will be selling exclusive merchandise of Steelix and Arcanine, the two secondary mascots of the Pokemon anime.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    We’ll see you next time here on QVC, where we will be selling exclusive merchandise of Steelix and Arcanine, the two secondary mascots of the Pokemon anime.
    Um, Arcanine, has had very few anime appearances, about 17 episodes out of all the episodes of Pokemon (and some of those were movie/special appearances of Arcanine) And it only showed up three times in DP. So how's it a mascot?
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Um, Arcanine, has had very few anime appearances, about 17 episodes out of all the episodes of Pokemon (and some of those were movie/special appearances of Arcanine) And it only showed up three times in DP. So how's it a mascot?
    For a Pokemon never owned by a main cast member, 17 episodes for something like Arcanine is ridiculous. Especially when there's other first gen fire types, like Rapidash for instance, who barely have any appearances in the anime after Kanto.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    For a Pokemon never owned by a main cast member, 17 episodes for something like Arcanine is ridiculous. Especially when there's other first gen fire types, like Rapidash for instance, who barely have any appearances in the anime after Kanto.
    to be fair, I count 14 rapidash appearances based on the animedex. That's not exactly "barely" Magcargo has 6 episode/movie appearances.

As for this episode, I was kind of disappointed the egg wasn't a phione egg. Would have been a good way to tie in a couple of fillers.
    Last edited by Porygandrew; 30th January 2009 at 1:12 AM.

Wow! I wasn't expecting to see Deoxys making an appearance in this episode. Dawn should really teach Piplup how to use Rain Dance. It would've been alot easier instead of Pikachu & Piplup making their own rainstorm w/ Thunderbolt & Bubblebeam.

Okay fine, jerks, I'll give you all my proper review, albeit brief. I realize nobody asked, but I know that's what you jerks were all feeling deep inside. Jerks.

This felt less like a "wacky" filler along the lines of Rotom and more like one of those episodes where a bunch of Pokemon are showcased and nothing truly intriguing happens. Most of those end up being okay, and this stayed true to that rule. As pointless as Deoxys felt, its appearance made the latter half of the episode feel a lot less generic. I probably would have preferred Iwane on-deck for another episode, though.

That said, I loved how the cliched "make-storm-with-water-&-lightning" device completely backfired.
    Last edited by S.Suikun; 30th January 2009 at 4:02 AM.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Pikachu & Piplup=ultra cuteness! It's so sweet...and also, Deoxy made an appearance was quite strange.

Surfing through the waves, diving deep into the sea,
    playing along the beach, having fun all day long.

Staravia is so selfish. When the rocks where falling it just flew off and left Ash behind and Deoxys had to save them. Such a loyal pokemon!

I loved the episode. The Pochama and Pikachu interaction was really enjoyable. Pochama actually managed to entertain and I loved that Corphish.

Interesting... I'm surprised nothing was really hinted with Deoxys perhaps being introduced via the meteorites in Veilstone. Ah, well.

~MEWTWO RETURNS AT LAST!~

Muku.BIRD wasn't selfish. He simply flew off so Ash and the Mascots could join him in brain-damaged harmony.

On that note, anyone find it ironic that Deoxys was in Attack Form the whole episode yet worked in all aspects?

I reject your Nyancats and replace it with my own.
    FB

Quote Originally Posted by fishyfool View Post
    On that note, anyone find it ironic that Deoxys was in Attack Form the whole episode yet worked in all aspects?
    Not Really, Since it appeared in Defense form when it protected the weak Humans from its own dam rocks & i am sure I saw it in Speed form too as it sped around protecting the now semi-worthwhile appearance of them Mantyke from the same falling rocks.

Overall however an enjoyable episode. I enjoyed Deoxy's here, and the cameo was a nice touch.

I also loved how Buizel pushed infront of that Corphish when it apprived the the Mascots location. It was almost like Buizel was trying to say "Ok guys forget Corphish, his old news, I am now the water Pokemon daddy, and I am here to stay, bring on the next gym and i'll show you what I can do for the 100th time"
    Team Shut-down
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

Quote Originally Posted by MechaBulba View Post
    I also loved how Buizel pushed infront of that Corphish when it apprived the the Mascots location. It was almost like Buizel was trying to say "Ok guys forget Corphish, his old news, I am now the water Pokemon daddy, and I am here to stay, bring on the next gym and i'll show you what I can do for the 100th time"
    Haha, I found that to be remarkable as well. Quite neat, actually.

Err.. other than that, nothing really interesting happened. All it boiled down to was, unfortunately, a "buy our plushies" episode.

This episode made me realize how much I miss Ash's Corphish...
    It was a cute episode but there's not much to say about. Pikachu and Piplup run around and act cute (which is actually entertaining), Corphish and Mantyke care for the gem, and Deoxys fires some rocks. Not much to say.
    Overall: 7/10
    Last edited by ShinyVaati; 31st January 2009 at 12:52 AM.
    3DS Friend Code: 3609-1148-9481

RIP Original Y save file. Never using PokeBank again.

So wait, Deoxys was worthless. Seriously, for a legendary he didn't do an awful lot just became like everyone else and bowed down to the spawn of Satan himself Hitlup, seriously by what it looks like in the pictures it just looked like The Island of Giant Pokémons ugly little brother which disrupts everyone and sends us pictures of pocha.FORCED MASCOT AKA Hitler. King of the nazis. Also join us next week for POKEMON THREESOME, DECISIVE BATTLE.
    Last edited by mimefan; 30th January 2009 at 5:25 PM.

Indeed, all four of Deoxys' forms were utilised

Indeed, all four of Deoxys' forms were utilised

I find it weird that Deoxys appeared out of the blue.

Deoxys :/
        Spoiler:- Quotes:

I'm sorry, guys, but I can think of better ways to introduce Mantyke *coughtrainerbattlescough*

And with the way Deoxys appeared made it look like it hatched from the gem (Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm yet to see the actual episode, I've just seen the pics posted earlier this morning [As 00:24 was technically 24 minutes in today, from looking at the update]).

I'm sorry, but, no; this is the sort of filler I hate.
    Sig pending.
        Spoiler:- Stuffs:

This episode doesn't really feel that long; I think that's b/c the plot would be really suitable for one of the Pikachu shorts they used to show with the movies (or maybe still show and I'm just not aware of it). It's a pretty fun episode that's not to be taken too seriously. The way Deoxys is able to recover right at the time TR attacks is too coincidental (as well as ensuing demonstration of all its abilities), but other than that, there isn't anything too eyebrow raising (well, come to think of it, the way Staravia's wing attack breaks TR's golden arm thing and then Buizel uses Water Gun to make it explode is kind of weird; if it were that easy to take down, Pikachu and Piplup should have been able to take care of themselves). I liked the small element of mystery about who the pokemon is that's maintained for much of the episode; it's a way to keep your interest. And it seems like that's what the writers were going for, based on Dawn's comment at the end about the mysterious pokemon there are in the world.

My favorite gag in this episode is actually the way Buizel is able to pull Ash around with no problem, but Piplup is absolutely drained after rescuing Pikachu and swimming to the island. Obviously, the contest that starts the storm (and does the group no bit of good at all; seems like Pikachu isn't aware of just how far away the pokemon are from the boat, since Ash and group don't even give storm a glance, unlike what Pikachu envisions with the lightning being pretty obvious) is pretty fun. I think this episode is probably the best of the ones focusing just on Pikachu and Piplup, in terms of humor. There's another one that's pretty memorable (focuses more on Piplup, but you really get to see who Piplup cares for, which sets up nicely for the final episode of Sinnoh), but that has a pretty serious nature. So I think that makes this episode the best for pure humor.

My favorite scene in this episode is a pretty subtle one. It occurs when Deoxys is leaving. Pikachu, Piplup, and the other pokemon there are waving goodbye (and presumably saying it), but Ash, Dawn, and Brock are not. I think that's an awesome, awesome touch. This episode wasn't about them really, and helping Deoxys wasn't their adventure. They smile in appreciation of what's going on, but they're just observing, while Pikachu and Piplup are the ones who were really invested in Deoxy's recovery and would really be the ones emotionally invested to say goodbye. It's an appreciation that every good, exciting story isn't always your story. Ash, Dawn, and Brock are sincere enough to know that; but that doesn't mean they can't appreciate and be happy for Pikachu and Piplup, who are both really proud of what they did. That's what caring for someone really means, in my opinion.

Have to say, as a little postscript, that I think this is one of TR's better gags. The fact that they try to fool Pikachu and Piplup (and have already discarded the disguises once our heroes find them) emphasizes that these two pokemon are the characters we're going to be focusing on in this episode (not that this is unique to this episode; I know it's been done in the Riverboat episode, and probably a few others, I'd imagine-I'm complimenting more the gag).
    Last edited by wind21; 4th June 2011 at 11:23 PM.

I enjoyed this episode. This episode's plot was almost like one of the Pikachu shorts they show with the movies, it's pretty fun and adventurous. It's nice too see a Corpish again, it reminded me of Ash's Corphis. I liked how Pikachu and the other Pokemon were trying to break the rock in underwater and gathering them around the oval Crystal. I liked how most of the episode keeps the oval Crystal's secret for keeping interest. When Pikachu, Piplup and others are wating for the mystery Pokémon to come out, Team Rocket captures Pikachu and Piplup with a robotic hand. But Ash's Starvia comes and breaks the hand, freeing the Pokemon. When Ash and others arrives, Team Rocket comes out of their submarine and says their motto .....
    Jessie: "listen closly is that a voice I hear?"
    James: "Well speaking to me loud and clear"
    Jessie: "Jessie" (Blows a kiss)
    James: "James."
    Mewoth: "Mewoth, now dat's a name". After finishing their motto the mystery Pokemon came out of the over Crystal.
    It's a pleasant surprise when mystery Pokemon was revealed to be Deoxys. I liked the scene where Dexoys blasted Team Rocket off.
    Quote Originally Posted by wind21
    My favorite scene in this episode is a pretty subtle one. It occurs when Deoxys is leaving. Pikachu, Piplup, and the other pokemon there are waving goodbye (and presumably saying it), but Ash, Dawn, and Brock are not. I think that's an awesome, awesome touch. This episode wasn't about them really, and helping Deoxys wasn't their adventure. They smile in appreciation of what's going on, but they're just observing, while Pikachu and Piplup are the ones who were really invested in Deoxy's recovery and would really be the ones emotionally invested to say goodbye.
    Yeah, you're right. Ash, Brock and Dawn didn't do much in this episode, but Pikachu and Piplup did. So it makes sense that they're the only once who were saying goodbye to Deoxys.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 20th August 2013 at 10:51 AM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Well Pikachu hasn't gotten anything since the Raichu episode, I guess its deserving of this kind of episode.
    As much as a lot of Piplup haters will deny this, Piplup really hasn't done squat since the Wallace Cup other than being there yelling "Pocha Pocha!"
    Its nice to see it get an episode to itself but I wish they would teach the thing a new attack already.

Corphish was so random, they should have given the screentime to a land water pokemon that didn't have much screentime like Spheal or Krabby or something. Corphish was on the main team for about 150 episodes. Krabby was only seen for like 2 episodes, and not very long in either one.

Mantyke didn't do much, again. The writers are really have so much trouble giving such a unique pokemon screentime? How about a filler episode involving Mantyke's evolution with the help of Remoraide?

Deoxys scene was just blowing Jessie and James away but it looked pretty cool. I loved the way it caused those rocks to levitate, then punched them away and defended Ash and co. in its defense form.

Anyone notice Staravia just flew off when the rocks were about to crush the trainers?

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast