Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cheers on Castaways Isle! (580)

Some folks had claimed that this episode would be an average or even a bad one, but to be honest, I loved it! The plot was really well thought-out and all in all it was a thrilling adventure!

Ash once again proved himself to be the hero of the day when he fearlessly jumped into the water to save Piplup and his very best friend Pikachu. I guess, he would actually do everything for his Pokemon and even die just to save them. Didn't that scene make every Ash-Fan's heart beat faster? These are the moments which remind me why I admire Ash so much despite his recent defeats (particularly with regard to the recent Japanese episodes)

As for the awesome piece of music which played while the Pokemon were diving and swimming: I can't help it but it somehow reminded me of the song "My Sharona" by The Knack. Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVoGvvMC_es
    Hold on! Did I just write "My Sharona" ?? Noooo, of course it should be "My ShIrona". What a great reference..awwwwwww No, no that can't be a mere coincidence! That's a hidden message!!! :unworthy:My Shirona...awww!:unworthy: ash_forever is losing it once again

You know what, the idea of attracting the trainers' attention by firing Thunderbolts and Bubble Beams into the sky was brilliant. And believe it or not, I had already come up with that plan before they actually showed it. But the fact that they actually realized one of my ideas in the Anime was even more brilliant. Too bad that it ended in failure when Pikachu and Piplup ("P&P") were stricken by lightning which at the same time was hilarious though. Sorry for gloating over that but the result was just too obvious:ksmile:
    But where in the world was that golden "thundershield" from the 7th gym battle in Hoenn? I'm hereby demanding to see that shield again if I'm not supposed to believe that the first shield was a DEM back then :P

Some folks may complain that Deoxys' screentime was way too short, but we mustn't forget that this Pokemon already had its introductory episode (even two to be precise) so it's just natural that we're expected to consider him an "old acquaintance" by now.
    Nevertheless, Deoxys' appearance was way better than Darkrai's one eight episodes ago, which was a complete farce. (That episode sure broke my heart because Darkrai definitely belongs to my all-time favorites.)
    And of course, let's not forget those fascinating, exciting, and impressive scenes at the end where Deoxys showed its awesome power. Without doubt a worthy ending for a great episode!

7 out of 10 points!
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999

Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

I'm never thrilled over the Pokemon have advantures without the humans episodes..oh and it needed subtitles.
    Was still pretty good, won't ever watch it again, but I don't regret watching it that one time.
    Last edited by Kenpachi; 28th June 2009 at 12:30 AM.
    FC - 4339-3819-1503
    Safari Type is Bug

I like the first pokemon adventure that didn't feature the trainers better than any of them. The subtitles have us a bit more info about the pokemon's true personality.

They should still use subtitles for these kinds of episode and the Pikachu shorts.

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

It always amazes men how long pikachu can hold his breath for

Buy Pokémon Black and White here:
    Pokémon Black: Here
    Pokémon White: Here

Saw it yesterday.

I have to say, I like the Japanese version better, at least then I do not have to hear the horrible voices of Meowth and James, but it was interesting.

Deoxy in a filler episode is always fun.

Notes:
    Ash actually remembers a Pokemon met before!
    Mime Jr. didn't show up in the motto
    Jenny was a fake (Brock didn't go crazy)
    Everyone can breathe underwater and somehow move pretty normal
    meep.

I have always wondered why ash never talks about pokemon that he has met in movies when he meets them again

Buy Pokémon Black and White here:
    Pokémon Black: Here
    Pokémon White: Here

Quote Originally Posted by thunderblade12 View Post
    I like the first pokemon adventure that didn't feature the trainers better than any of them. The subtitles have us a bit more info about the pokemon's true personality.

They should still use subtitles for these kinds of episode and the Pikachu shorts.
    I would have liked subtitles for this too! I couldn't understand what Corphish was saying. At least the episode was still great! Better than I expected!

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Quote Originally Posted by Louispierce View Post
    I have always wondered why ash never talks about pokemon that he has met in movies when he meets them again
    He has met Deoxys in the Anime as well.. there was 2 part episode with Deoxys in the Hoenn region. But ye strange he didnt mention that or the Movie.

Anyway i liked the episode- seemed pretty cool

Oh hey, Deoxys! I felt stupid when I realized what the stone was. I was like "...Why are they putting random rocks around a dusk stone-OH HEY I REMEMBER NOW MOVIE 6." And before that, I thought they'd ended up on the island where Darkrai resides.

OH PLEASE NO SUBTITLES. Sorry, but I like when the break out the lack of dialog to tell most of the story. The point isn't to understand the Pokemon's every word but to get the gist. It's be like giving subtitles to WALL-E. There's no need and it sounds corny. It worked well for Island of lost Pokemon, but otherwise....ick, no. Not needed.

This episode was fun and cute.

Also, epic love for Buizel in this one. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by spyroflame0487 View Post
    This episode was nothing but a LOLWUT? filler...was something supposed to happen, or was that just me?

-Narrator flashback! Ken Gates is in ur anime...controlling ur storyline.
    -Why exactly did did TR need a disguise? There was no one around, plus, I'm more than sure that Pikachu (maybe not Piplup) can mostly see through the disguises.
    -Ok Ash, lets jump into the freezing water after a SUBMARINE. Buizel weighs 65 pounds. Ash weighs at least 100 something. I don't care if Buizel has a jet engine in his butt, he isn't going anywhere fast enough to catch a sub.
    -Waaaiiiittt.....This Jenny is a dude. Brock didn't go gaga for her. wut.
    -CORPHISH! This one is epic. I love it now.
    -Easter Island, anyone? Moaipass still looks creepy.
    -The Wingull were fail. Nothing happened.
    -Mantyke is adorable and all....but....this ep for them failed as well.
    -Deoxys? WTF? Why? What...what could you possibly need Deoxys in a filler like this for. Upcoming Promo? No. Future appearance in a movie? I don't think so. Pokemon, your writers stink.

Here's to hoping Phione will be sweet...I hope.
    Couldnt agree more
    Pokemon forever

the dub in this episode is ok..

A hedonistic Piplup speeding in the corridors. It's the little things that can clue you into drug abuse.

Team Rocket responds in the language of dance.

No no no. It's: Jump on the ledge, lose the shirt, then dive into sea.

Buizel's become a pretty unselfish guy. It knows what Ash wants and doesn't haste to take him up to air.

When in Easter Island, perform ritual human sacrifices to your Jewish stone deities.

Stand by for Heaven's wrath.

Diablo's Ocean: Take your sins, come on down to the bayou, and SWING baby!

Scientists believe that's amore.

Wow...I'm reminded of the beat from Vitamin C's Vacation song.

You load sixteen tons, whaddya get? One helluva ****** Deoxys.

There's a Golden Rule of Rocket? Maybe there is something to vigilante justice.

Pretty handy that the gang's Pokegear is all free of metal.

And so, Deoxys flies off into space in search for next great meteorite to kick the crap out of.

5/10 They could've made something out of this episode, but they didn't. Pikachu and Piplup have a mellow relationship, they both stand out as leaders and look out for others. Just like Ash and Gary, one of them has go off character and decide to paint the town red just to liven things up. Why not throw in Mamoswine? Buizel? Gliscor?
    Nosepass/Probopass were up to some interesting things, my guess is their roles ended up all over the cutting room floor. Diablo's Ocean? How could you raise our hopes like that? Last, Deoxys ended up slaughtering Team Rocket (who was out of hands anyway) and some rocks. Ugh.

Something has to be said for the music unique to this episode and the sweet Deoxys animation. The episode goes as average. I remain convinced only God level reality-morphing Dialga/Palkia/etc. can beat Deoxys. Even Mewtwo would have hard time.

That was an okish episode. It was good to just have an episode that was dedicated to just Pikachu and Piplup for the time being and Team Rocket got a bit of screen time as well. Apart from that though I guess theres not a lot to say reallly. I hope the next two episodes are a bit more intresting

Nothing too special about this episode. The only thing that really got my attention for a moment was the Diablo insert there. It just seemed kind of strange in a Pok&#233;mon episode since they don't normally include devils and such in the dub.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

This episode starting getting interesting after hearing about the boats and seeing Deoxys..again. It was nice that Pikachu and Piplup got stranded on an island together.....
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:

Spoiler:- Claimed Anime Songs/Anime List:

An alright episode, the Corphish and Deoxys are what stood out to me. The Pikachu/Piplup interaction was a bit bland for my liking. It was nice seeing a Corphish that wasn't Ash's, and one with a decent role in an episode, being the awesome little crayfish that it is.

A second appearance of Deoxys was welcome, even if it was only short. It's a pity they didn't do more with the Diablo name and the Nosepass/Probopass though. Still, it was worth watching, and I'm looking forward to the Phione episode.

Eh, I don't know if I can say much about this...

Pikachu & Piplup get stranded on an island, they find out that the resident Pokemon here are gathering pieces of meteorites & placing them next to a peculiar gem. Afterward, the gem regenerates itself & becomes a Deoxys, & by that time, everyone finds their missing Pokemon. However, TR have plans on getting Deoxys, but they haven't a hope in hell, as Deoxys blows them away with little trouble. Then, once everything is done, it leaves.

That's pretty much it...

The episode was ok IMO, nothing really special about it
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 2105-8824-8167
    PM me if you add me so I can add you

My Friend Safari (Water): Bibarel , Gyarados , Azumarill

Safaris I am looking for with these Pokemon:
    1. Drifblim
    2. Poliwhirl
    3. Heracross
    4. Whirlipede
    5. Gothorita
    6. Forretress
    7. Sigilyph

It was an ok episode...but Piplup and Pikachu together gets a bit boring imo...but it was cool to see Deoxys...again
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

i was shocked when i heard officer jenny said "diablos island". I thought the corphish would remind ash of his like how the DONPHAN in hoenn reminded him of PHANPHY.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

She didn't say Diablo's Island, she said Diablo's Ocean.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

They really should have had subtitles in this one, at least when it is just the pokemon talking with no humans around. Like when Corphish is telling about how the stone first got there, all they have is the short clip with an untranslatable voice-over. I could only figure out what happened because of context, but I wish I didn't have to.
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

Quote Originally Posted by celebitrainer View Post
    They really should have had subtitles in this one, at least when it is just the pokemon talking with no humans around. Like when Corphish is telling about how the stone first got there, all they have is the short clip with an untranslatable voice-over. I could only figure out what happened because of context, but I wish I didn't have to.
    Yeah I know it really should have had subs, woulda made things better (of course you can understand the flashback was about ) but still. This episode was boring and piplup was annoying throughout the whole episode. Pikachu had to go and fed the thing and it was being like a wannabe leader pushing pikachu out the way to avoid all being shocked, should have been cor. to stop Pikachu or stop it a different way than pushing. Overall .....u.g.h.. coulda been better...

Deoxys is one of my fav legend pokemon! cool music when pikachu and piplup are underwater. And how did pikachu learned how to swim!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast