Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Respectshipping General Discussion

Post Respectshipping General Discussion

Respectshipping General Discussion

Owner: S-Unit
    Co-Owner: riolulu

Welcome to the Respectshipping thread.

For those of you who do not know, Respectshipping is the idea that Ash/Satoshi and Drew/Shuu are, or should be, a couple.

The Rules (Very Important)
    -Please follow the Serebii Forums Rules, The Shippers Community Rules, and the Shipping Members' FAQs. These rules, while not as draconian as many universities' plagarism policies, must be followed.
    -Excessive and foul language will not be tolerated, please use a thesaurus or otherwise keep it to an absolute minimum.
    -Please stay on topic. No spam, unrelated issues, flaming, bashing, etc.
    -Please make your posts substantial. Keep the one-liners to a bare minimum.
    -No double/triple/etc. posting. Server lags are common here, so if you accidentally double-post, please delete the extra post.
    -No revival of old topics. Not only do we not wish to be repetitive, but it doesn't not add anything new or substantial.
    -No posting about banned topics
    -Please use spoiler tags for anything from episodes that have not been aired outside of Japan.
    -Please post using url links for Fan Fiction, Fan Art, Episode screencaps, etc., if you are posting more than 3 at a time so as to not clutter up the thread. Also give credit to the author/artist of any Fan Fiction and Fan Art (unless it is your own).
    -Please keep submissions tasteful. That means no NC-17, violence, extreme nudity, etc. Posting of these here will result in a ban.
    -Please do not post just for the sake of advertising your own Fan Fiction or Fan Art. You may include your own works, but as part of a larger post that contributes to the general discussion.

If anyone has a question about these rules or anything else, please PM me.

This thread will operate on a "three strikes, you're out" rule. Violation of these rules will result in a warning. If you violate these rules more than three times, you will be banned from the thread and reported to a moderator.

Violation of these rules will result in an automatic ban:
    -Posting fiction, art, AMVs, or links to fiction, art, AMVs that contain violence, extreme nudity, etc.
    -Posts dedicated solely to advertise Fan Fiction, Fan Art, AMVs, etc.
    -Posts bashing/flaming the characters and other members.

Warning List:
    None yet.

Ban List:
    Frost Nova
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    Fan Art:
        Spoiler:- Click for Fan Art Links::

Fan Fiction:
        Spoiler:- Click for Fan Fiction Links::

Screencaps:
        Spoiler:- Click for screencaps::

__________________________________________________ _________

Okay everyone, have fun!
    Last edited by S-Unit; 27th July 2009 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Adding new members
    Thanks to Sweet May for the Jun icon on my profile!
        Spoiler:- Claims and Ships and Friend Codes...OYEAK!:

MEE BE CO-OWNER!!!! MEEE BEEE COOOOO-OOOWNERRR

*ahem* sorry for that spaz....

I shall answer the topic that you didn't include in your first post but we all know that you meant to put it there:

why do you support respectshipping?

because Drew needs some hot smexy- um...I like yaoi, I like shipping Ash yaoi, and fan art converted me. Drew seems like he would treat Ash well while Ash would annoy the hell out of him XD

is that good enough?

~riolulu

Always, I wanna be with you
    And make believe with you
    And live in harmony, harmony
    Oh love!

I will always love you.
    Please wait for me.

Welcome riolulu! Finally, the Respectshipping thread is back.

Yes, shippng Ash yaoi is fun, and the excellent Respectshipping fan art out there is really convincing. Drew is very smug, but he does have his hidden flirty side with his roses, and Ash with his lovable denseness just wouldn't understand what the hell Drew is up to.     Spoiler:- unitl...:

Okay, on a more serious topic for discussion:

What do you think makes Respectshipping more appealing or convincing than either Advanceshipping or Contestshipping? Or is it? (Remember, be civil here.)

oh, I'll join!!!
    (i followed the last respectshipping thread (before i got a users on here) and i was upset when it died)

It was really random because i was just discovering yaoi. then when i found the old respectshipping thread i decided that i liked the shipping!

What do you think makes Respectshipping more appealing or convincing than either Advanceshipping or Contestshipping? Or is it?

They're two extremely hot guys that look awsome standing next to each other? *remembers ep. Going for the choke* i don't know... keep in mind about what i said before, yaoi was a new thing to me back then.
    I'm the type of gal who loves cosplaying and watching anime. I don't enjoy shoujo with the exception of 2 which are Full Moon and MeruPuri. I usually stick to shonen manga. I own a volume of KashiMashi and that is probably the closest thing to yuri I'll ever get. I grew up on Pokemon and Sailor Moon sense the age of 4, so yeah, I've been a dork for most of my life

!!!

A new Respectshipping thread! (poor old one though!) I'll see if I can be active in this one! Hi there everyone.

Why do you support Respectshipping?
    Like Yuitheeevee said, it was random but then I couldn't help it but find it really cute to support. (mostly blame the collision in the Magikarp submarine from AG114)

What do you think makes Respectshipping more appealing or convincing than either Advanceshipping or Contestshipping? Or is it?
    Does "having the lack of more fanart so RSers have to imagine or draw their own" count? Otherwise, I honestly have no idea. I guess it's the weird interactions they have. Oh and the respect. I also agree with Yuitheeeevee's answer.

Now I need to pull out some RS goods. <3
    Last edited by Sweet May; 1st February 2009 at 7:48 AM.

ONOMNOMNOM

Gif Credit | Amourshipping Contestshipping | Uta☆Pri fan

Play Shippers' Truth or Dare game with us!

Welcome, Yuitheeevee and Sweet May. Great to see more RSers.

As to my own answer to the current topic at hand,

I totally agree that it is two cute guys standing next to each other. I mean what other criteria needs there to be for yaoi fangirls (and boys )? Yay for yaoi goodness!

Ahem, but on a more serious note, I consider it more appealing since it is more subtle ship than others. It's not so blatantly out there but there are those hints.

Yay, respectshipping thread <3
    Why do you support Respectshipping?
    It's random, it's sweet, and it's thought provoking. Drew and Ash would make a nice couple. The idea off Ash dressing up as a girl and Drew giving him a rose is brilliant. XD I was converted by the old respectshipping threads and the ideas and theories to this ship sound fun.

What do you think makes Respectshipping more appealing or convincing than either Advanceshipping or Contestshipping?
    Those tiny little hints that make a big difference. I think it's appealing because it's a very refeshing ship. I loved Ama's fan art of RS. XD Would be very nice to have some more Respectshipping fan art.
    Last edited by ChloboShoka; 2nd February 2009 at 12:02 AM.

☆ Maya Fey: Ace Pokemon Trainer
    Carry On, BlisseyThe Other King☆
    Advancers Tumblr
    Banner by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design ✠

Amen to C.Gholy.

I'll try and draw respectshipping while one of my friends writes a story. but she procratinates badly so don't get your hopes up
    I'm the type of gal who loves cosplaying and watching anime. I don't enjoy shoujo with the exception of 2 which are Full Moon and MeruPuri. I usually stick to shonen manga. I own a volume of KashiMashi and that is probably the closest thing to yuri I'll ever get. I grew up on Pokemon and Sailor Moon sense the age of 4, so yeah, I've been a dork for most of my life

WHY SO DEAD ALREADY?

I need to scan the many little doodles/artspam that I drew.
    Meanwhile a fanart from teppo pepper:

I am not sure if this is supporting her other favorite ships, Contest and Poke, but heck they're in the same art so why not just forget that? (&#186;▽&#186;)

ONOMNOMNOM

Nice piece of fanart. As long as it has Ash and Drew in it together (and alone, lol), I am sure that we don't mind.

Well to jump start the thread again, new topic:

Which episode do you believe has the most RS hints?

AG050! If you count the whole "piss Satoshi off" and battling and Satoshi coming up all "HI SHUU!~ " as the most hints. Or for AG175, Shuu coming to the rescue! While Satoshi is all "THANKS SHUU YOU SAVED OUR LIVES FROM GOING TO SPACE" "PSH I DIDN'T FOR IT FOR YOU (he lies)" *bricked*
    Last edited by Sweet May; 3rd February 2009 at 12:14 AM.

ONOMNOMNOM

Sorry, I will do what ever it takes not to let this thread die!!

I agree with Sweet May on this question.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet May View Post
    AG050! If you count the whole "piss Satoshi off" and battling and Satoshi coming up all "HI SHUU!~ " as the most hints. Or for AG175, Shuu coming to the rescue! While Satoshi is all "THANKS SHUU YOU SAVED OUR LIVES FROM GOING TO SPACE" "PSH I DIDN'T FOR IT FOR YOU (he lies)" *bricked*
    Yes, I remember those episodes, vaguely (it's been ages since I've seen many AG episodes, and Youtube isn't exactly reliable for that either). I just love Satoshi pouting up and down and acting all clueless when Shuu challenged him to a battle.

Okay, new topic so the thread doesn't die:
    For Valentines' Day, what would Ash and Drew give each other?
    (I know, lame).

Thank heavens that it's alive. I was afraid of this thread dying. D:

Quote Originally Posted by S-Unit View Post
    Yes, I remember those episodes, vaguely (it's been ages since I've seen many AG episodes, and Youtube isn't exactly reliable for that either). I just love Satoshi pouting up and down and acting all clueless when Shuu challenged him to a battle.
    "WUT U WANNA HAVE A BATTLE WITH ME?"
    "JUST BECAUSE I'M A COORDINATOR, DOESN'T MEAN I CAN'T KICK YOUR ***"
    lol. This is the not so accurate dub version. Not sure what they actually said in the original one since I never saw that.

Not a lame question. Quite typical for a lot of shipping threads me thinks. Well, Satoshi would definitely give Shuu roses because "if he can do it then so can I!" As for Shuu, knowing how Satoshi likes food and junk, chocolate would be great. He can even make it himself. (i'm assuming he can cook and cook well)

I'm like half dead due to a stupid cold so my mind can't go that far in answering without having it go down the gutter. XD;

ONOMNOMNOM

ummmmmm...

*in riolulu's thought bubble:*

Drew: Here. *tosses rose*
    Ash: ...thanks.
    Drew: Why are you pouting like that?
    Ash: I-is this it?
    *Drew laughs*
    Ash: what?
    Drew: c'mere
    *Drew leads Ash to his pokemon center room where there is a huge thing of chocolate, some heart balloons, a gift card to Ash's favorite resteraunt, all on a very inviting bed.*

aaaw <333 Poor Ash would feel stupid, since all he had for Drew was a teddy bear. :c

~riolulu

Oh love!

I will always love you.
    Please wait for me.

Quote Originally Posted by riolulu View Post
    aaaw <333 Poor Ash would feel stupid, since all he had for Drew was a teddy bear. :c

~riolulu
    Orz I thought you said he had Drew as a teddy bear and I was about to explode. XD

Lovely and uberly cute little dialogue. I always imagined Shuu having all this money for stuff like that.

ONOMNOMNOM

Well, Ash has more than that for Drew. A whole lot more..... Although Ash doesn't know it....yet!

Orz I thought you said he had Drew as a teddy bear and I was about to explode. XD

Lovely and uberly cute little dialogue. I always imagined Shuu having all this money for stuff like that.
    Oh yes, Shuu has quite the numbered bank account all right. How else do you think he pays for all those roses?

When I saw that I laughed for about ten minutes and my mom almost threw me into a mental hospital....*ahem*

thank you!! :hug: I imagine that, too. How does he earn it all?

and to save it from dying already, I'm going to post a new topic:

what would the reasctions be of friends and family upon hearing about Ash and Drew's realationship?

^remember the quote topics??^

~riolulu

Oh love!

I will always love you.
    Please wait for me.

thank you!! :hug: I imagine that, too. How does he earn it all?
    Probably somehow steals Satoshi's wallet. That or he's a rich kid. Ahem.

-hugs back-

What would the reactions be of friends and family upon hearing about Ash and Drew's relationship?
    If they find out that is. -thrown out the window- Buuuut, if the two lovers decide to tell their family, well, I have a feeling Satoshi's mother would freak but then since she loves her son so badly, she'll probably end up accepting. Not sure on Shuu's side without knowing his family. I don't know if I want to go OOC for them, whoever they are. However I can imagine them freaking out more than Satoshi's mom.

ONOMNOMNOM

what would the reasctions be of friends and family upon hearing about Ash and Drew's realationship?
    Brock would be shocked at first and then supportive, but also giving Drew the big-brother lecture.
    May would demand a threesome to no avail be speechless, I think she would take it the hardest at first (and then start making wedding plans).
    Max would find it a little wierd.
    Misty would be happy that Ash has finally found someone.
    Dawn would be all fangirly.
    And poor Harley would be mad that Drew wasn't going to marry him.

Oh damn I forgot about the friends part of the topic. Well, Kasumi would be ****** and I believe upset about her one true love being with someone else. :P Haruka, well she may not take it well either considering, "WUT YOU FLIRTED WITH ME AND YOU GO OFF WITH HIM?! WHAT IS THIS!" Harley would be mad as S-unit said, but then it can give him more chances to poke fun at Shuu. Lol Takeshi would be upset for sure. "ASH GET SOMEONE BEFORE ME?!" Poor guy. XD; I also agree with S-unit that Hikari would fangirl over them. I just feel like she would do something like that. Masato wouldn't mind because then that means that Shuu's away from his sister (orz contestshipping) but then feel sorry for Satoshi.

Ah it's a tough world out there.

ONOMNOMNOM

Okay, I'm refusing to let this thread die now.

New topic: Ash and Drew are planning to get married, what do imagine their wedding to be like?

Ash and Drew are planning to get married, what do imagine their wedding to be like?
    OH YES BABY! -bricked- I can imagine their wedding involving strawberries. But seriously just a typical one with their friends and family if they come. However this wouldn't be more important than the honeymoon. :x

ONOMNOMNOM

you two sure like to talk, now don't you?

lolzzz

*crickets*

*ahem* anywayyyy...to the topic!

Ash and Drew are planning to get married, what do imagine their wedding to be like?

LOTS of roses. A roses theme!!! And some dark blue flower...hmm...i don't know why dark blue popped into my head but nice maroony red roses, maybe some white, and navy blue flowers ALL OVER and it'll be outdoors and everyone they know will be there and Dawn will be the flower girl and Gary and Paul will be the...what are those things called, best mans? groomsmaids? *shot* wait, no, get Paul outta there he'll crash it. He can just be a guest. Okay Gary...and Max can be the ring bearer!!!! He'd be all embarrassed and like "why do I have to do this?" because kids complain about everything. Oh, I got the groomsmaid thing down. Gary is Ash's and May is Drew's. May would be crazy about planning this wedding alone with Dawn! I can see both of them planning the whole wedding for Ash and Drew. But they wouldn't really mind.

*pant pant pant* [/rant]

oh god I ranted for so long....

~riolulu

Oh love!

I will always love you.
    Please wait for me.

Ahahahaha. XD; Beats having a dead thread, no?
    LOTS of roses. A roses theme!!! And some dark blue flower...hmm...i don't know why dark blue popped into my head but nice maroony red roses, maybe some white, and navy blue flowers ALL OVER and it'll be outdoors and everyone they know will be there and Dawn will be the flower girl and Gary and Paul will be the...what are those things called, best mans? groomsmaids? *shot* wait, no, get Paul outta there he'll crash it. He can just be a guest. Okay Gary...and Max can be the ring bearer!!!! He'd be all embarrassed and like "why do I have to do this?" because kids complain about everything. Oh, I got the groomsmaid thing down. Gary is Ash's and May is Drew's. May would be crazy about planning this wedding alone with Dawn! I can see both of them planning the whole wedding for Ash and Drew. But they wouldn't really mind.

*pant pant pant* [/rant]

oh god I ranted for so long....

~riolulu
    Man that's quite a thought. I can only imagine Hikari being the only one who'll be doing the planning and such. OMG Shinji crashing the wedding. Kills the amazing scene but it'll add some drama there. Considering we have them one-sided Comashipping. OH HOW COULD I FORGET ABOUT ROSES! Crap... -runs-

Your post is wicked though. Deserves a wicked picture, yes?

ONOMNOMNOM

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast