Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shipping Awards 2.0

Default Shipping Awards 2.0

RETURN OF THE SHIPPING AWARDS

Come one, come all, to the return of the Shippers Community Awards. Permission has been acquired from Chelc to recre8 this thread and run this spud, thus here it is. You will nomin8, you will vote, you will not win. Enjoy 8)

Rules
    1. Follow SPPF standard rules
    2. No h8 on your fellow m8. Do not flame someone for their vote/nomin8ion/whatever or you will no longer be a part of the Awards!!
    3. You can nomin8 one person per category. Do not nomin8 someone who is already on the list. Also, I really don't give a flaming spud if you second their nomin8ion. ;]
    4. Top three people from each category move on to the Finals.
    5. You vote in this thread, but don't edit your vote posts to change something. You will be done voting yo.
    6. Have fun, no srs so srs about this man.

Votes
    1. You can vote for yourself.
    2. You vote for one person per category.
    3. Again, vote in this thread and don't change your vote.

Categories
    Best Artist
    Poster who submits the best artwork they themselves have created/drawn. Using a website to add sparkles DOES NOT COUNT. Must post examples of their work when nomin8ing them to be eligible.
    Best Truther
    Poster who asks the best truths in Shipping Truth or Dare. Questions are unique, new, relevant and interesting, and other shippers enjoy answering their questions.
    Best Darer
    Poster who gives out the best dares in Shipping Truth or Dare. They are juicy, daring, and not the common "put ___ in your sig". People groan in fear when they see this person's post right after their's if they asked for a dare.
    Best Entertainer
    This is the poster who, when you read their posts, you just can't help but LOL irl. Their witty remarks, ingenious comments, and general high levels of quality make your SPPF day and help you lose a few pounds laughing.
    Best Newbie
    You've just started seeing this poster around, but you know they're something special. Already they make insightful, grammatically correct posts. Oldest post in Shipping must be no more than a month ago from this thread's posting.
    Best InBetween
    You've seen this poster around for over a month but less than two years, and you've respected the posts they've made in that time. This is for those in the middle who have been posting for that awkward time between Newbie and Veteran.
    Best Veteran
    You've seen this poster for at least 2 years making quality posts on their favorite shippings. Naturally their joined sppf date will be over two years ago.
    Best Brain
    This poster reeks of intelligence. They always know what they are talking about, and their posts sound intellectually advanced. You feel like a caveman compared to their smarts. They also can use correct spelling, grammar and punctuation.
    Most Popular
    That shipper who is always there, spreading shippy joy and getting everyone to know them. You're only nomin8ing them because you want them to like you and you want to be their friend on sppfacebook. They get a good chunk of their +1 postcounts in this section because they've always got something to say about everything, just so they get noticed.
    Having Their OTP Inscribed On Their Gravestone
    This is for the most loyal shipper, who will fight to the death for their ship(s) that they adore. You can just see them, in 90 years, having died alone and still on SPPF shipping, with 'Person1xPerson2 FOREVER!' written on their final resting place.
    Gone But Not Forgotten
    This is for that ex-shipper, who used to be so active and post here but has since left SPPF. Your old best friend who used to help you tear down that conflicting ship. You've been through the best and worst of the deb8s together and you can still remember them.
    Best OCD Case
    This person is a nutcase for their favorite ship(s) and characters, and will tear anyone who doesn't agree apart. They also fly into a rage over any conflicting ships and are just generally suffering from undiagnosed Shipping OCD.
    Best Airhead
    Poster who reminds you of Daisy. They're always bubbly and giggling and coming up with fluffy, sweet, sickeningly romantic ideas. They also might strike you as lacking a few marbles, but you know they mean well.
    Most Grounded
    Poster who never spams smilies and is always thinking about the serious side of shipping. Takes a more mature path and handles things well. Always contributes something logical and serious to discussions and doesn't strike you as ditzy.
    Most Attractive: Personality
    This is for that one shipper who you'd like to ship yourself with. You like their style and how they post, and something about the way they present themselves in their posts attracts you. NOW DOES NOT REQUIRE A PIC TO ENTER. Simply based off personality.
    Most Attractive: Looks is now Personality because pics =/= shipping. Note the change.
    Most Attractive: Posts
    This is for the shipper who has the best-looking sig, posting format/font and color. You see their posts and you just think, "oh how well-coordinated!" They just have a talent for looking prim, fresh and fashionable in the way they post.
    Best Rising Star
    This is a shipper who makes quality posts, but perhaps in the less popular threads and thus never sees the recognition they deserve. They are out there posting but in the shadows.
    Best Writer
    This author consistently writes GOOD stories, not just stories with the ship you like. They have very few, if any, grammatical errors and their spelling is good. The characters are in-character, the plotline makes sense, and the story leaves you feeling like you have just bettered your life, not wasted 30 minutes reading on the internet being antisocial. You must provide a link to all of this person's stories that you can find on SPPF to show they are a good writer. If I, and my team of assistants on IRC, find their work to be crap they are disqualified.
    Best Mainstream Shipper
    This is for the shipper who supports one, or more, of the mainstream ships. This includes: Poke, Pallet, Orange, Advance, Contest, Ability, Pearl, Ikari, Morpheus, Appeal, and Rocket.
    Best Minor Shipper
    This is for the shipper who supports a ship that isn't mainstream. They're always there to support their underloved, overshadowed ship.
    Best Thread/Thread Owner
    This is for the owner of a shipping thread [NOT A GAME OR POLL, A THREAD ABOUT A SHIP] and that thread. The best person to head up a thread. Their thread is well organized, has good topics/discussion, does not get offtopic, and the owner is ACTIVE in discussions. Please link the thread in your nomination.
    Biggest H8r
    This is for the poster who simply hates a ship or two or three with all their guts. NOT BASED OFF IF THEY HATE THE THREAD/FANS/FANDOM OF THE SHIP; THEY HATE THE SHIP ITSELF! (sorry Pearlshipping THREAD haters, you don't qualify) That one person who you remember by their absolute revolt at a certain ship.
    Best Overall Shipper
    Here it is, the category for that one poster who you find to be a general inspiration and champ. They are loyal, polite, funny, and you see them around a fair bit. They get the job done and embody what everyone should be like in the Shipping section.

Nominations
    Category Here
    Person/explanation

This is the format you should use to submit your nomination. You don't have to nominate someone for every category and you can only nominate one person per category. It would be nice if you included a reason for your nomination so others could take that into consideration when voting.
    IF YOU DO NOT PUT A LINK TO EXAMPLES FOR CERTAIN CATEGORIES, AS DETAILED IN THE EXPLANATIONS ABOVE, YOUR ENTIRE POST WILL BE DISREGARDED.

List of Nominations
    Best Artist
    Avegaille
    Xx-Endless_Summer-xX
    Sweet May
    buster_wolf
    Best Truther
    Profesco
    darklord18
    Yeti
    LightingKimba
    Mel-Girl
    Best Darer
    Sweet May
    C.Gholy
    darklord18
    Darato
    Best Entertainer
    Yeti
    ccangelopearl
    Medea
    riolulu
    Chelc
    Best Newbie
    Drew'sBaby
    Profesco
    Lighting Kimba
    Best InBetween
    Shadow-Saur
    Sonic Boom
    Yeti
    Tom Nook
    Riolulu
    swampert55
    S-Unit
    CheekyJoy23
    Best Veteran
    Tadashi
    Chelc
    Uzamaki Hinata
    Encyclopika
    Medea
    Swifty
    Demon of Light
    Best Brain
    Hakajin
    Kiori
    Toran Frostbite
    Yeti
    Swifty
    Sonic Boom
    Most Popular
    Chelc
    C.Gholy
    Mel-Girl
    Yeti
    Tadashi
    Gazmof
    Uzamaki Hinata
    Vycksta
    Mel-Girl
    ~Mist~
    Yeti
    darklord18
    Jessie Rocketka
    Moogleborg
    Gone But Not Forgotten
    ~Mist~
    Water Spirit
    Phantom_Bugsy
    Best OCD Case
    Riolulu
    Yeti
    Chaos Emperor
    JBStormburst
    Sp1derp1g
    S-Unit
    Ccangelopearl
    Best Airhead
    Katsu Koneko
    Tadashi
    Sweetpikachu
    Steffrox
    Most Grounded
    Sonic Boom
    Hakajin
    Aaron Fan
    Gazmof
    Milotic17
    Rocket Girl
    CuteDrew667
    Yeti
    Shadow-Saur
    Shadow_shipper
    Tadashi
    Mel-Girl
    Uzamaki Hinata
    Musapion
    Mewluvr200
    Tadashi
    Yeti
    Kiori
    Avegaille
    Mel-Girl
    Profesco
    Best Rising Star
    Yoshi-kun
    Hunter_RuLe
    Shadow_shipper
    The Renowned Obscurity
    S-Unit
    Best Writer
    Uzamaki Hinata
    Rave the Rich
    Yeti
    Lunarshadow
    Medea
    Gazmof
    Breezy
    S-Unit
    Mel-Girl
    Best Mainstream Shipper
    Kiori
    Chelc
    Gazmof
    Uzamaki Hinata
    Yeti
    riolulu
    Best Minor Shipper
    Johnnyd2
    C.Gholy
    Chelc
    Yeti
    Vycksta
    The Renowned Obscurity
    Mel-Girl
    Orion-Sama
    darklord18
    Best Thread/Thread Owner
    Palletshipping/Tadashi
    Advanceshipping/Gazmof
    Team Galactic Shipping/Yeti
    Rocketshipping/Lux (?)
    Biggest H8r
    Yeti
    Chaos Emperor
    Alfonso
    JBStormburst
    Best Overall Shipper
    Mel-Girl
    Yeti
    Encyclopika
    Tadashi
    Uzamaki Hinata
    Musapion
    C.Gholy

Voting
    Voting will begin now. Please c/p this form and fill in the people you wish to vote for. ONLY POST YOUR VOTES ONCE. EDIT YOUR POST AND PUT ANY NEW PEOPLE YOU ARE VOTING FOR IN BOLD LIME GREEN. NEXT TIME YOU POST, REMOVE THE BOLD/GREEN FROM YOUR VOTES IF THEY HAVE BEEN ADDED.
    Best Artist:
    Best Truther:
    Best Darer:
    Best Entertainer:
    Best Newbie:
    Best InBetween:
    Best Veteran:
    Best Brain:
    Most Popular:
    Having Their OTP Inscribed On Their Gravestone:
    Gone But Not Forgotten:
    Best OCD Case:
    Best Airhead:
    Most Grounded:
    Most Attractive: Personality:
    Most Attractive: Posts:
    Best Rising Star:
    Best Writer:
    Best Mainstream Shipper:
    Best Minor Shipper:
    Best Thread/Thread Owner:
    Biggest H8r:
    Best Overall Shipper:
    C/P that list and put the person's name after the Category:. Don't delete the categories or I won't know what you are voting for nor will I bother to check and see if you have all 20-something categories in the right order. If you don't want to vote for a category, put a - after the : to signify you won't be editting in a vote. If you are still thinking about who to vote for, leave the spot blank and fill it in later (adding the bold/lime green tags).
    Hopefully this won't be too hard for you all ~_~.
    Voting will last until MARCH 1. I will get the final tally of votes at that point and announce the three people per category who are moving on to the Finals. From that point, you all will re-vote for the person you want to win.

Nominations will be accepted until FEBRUARY 17. VOTING WILL BEGIN ON THAT DATE! Please post them IN THIS THREAD!
    VOTING HAS BEGUN! Voting will last until MARCH 1. Please vote IN THIS THREAD and use the PROPER TAGS when adding new votes!

Have fun guys! Try to make this a good experience and not too competitive! ;]
    Last edited by Yeti; 17th February 2009 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Voting upd8s

Best Artist - Avegaille
    Reason: I think her art style is cute. Her art is fun and she does a range of shippings, along with her OCs shipped up.
    Examples:http://Avegaille.deviantart.com/art/...anta-107946502 http://Avegaille.deviantart.com/art/...oe-P-107268255 http://Avegaille.deviantart.com/art/For-SI-107268050

Best Truther - Profesco
    Reason: He's given some pretty good truths. I loved the one he gave to darklord18.

Best Darer - Sweet May
    Reason: Some of her dares looked really great and fun.

Best Entertainer - Yeti

Best in between - Shadow-Saur

Best Veteran - Tadashi

Best Brain - Hakajin

Most Popular - Chelc

Having Their OTP Inscribed On Their Gravestone - Vycksta
    Reason: Truly obsessed over her ships and shall have each ship listed on her gravestone, with sneasel on top and a bottle of vodka to take with her in the afterlife.

Gone but not forgotten
    ~mist~
    See ya on MSN and LJ, Kris.

Best OCD Case - Riolulu

Best airhead - Katsu
    Reason: She ships a lot of sweet ships and always makes an effort to show it.

Most Grounded - Sonic Boom

Most Attractive: Personality - Shadowshipper.
    As I said before, charming dude. Nice personality, good to talk to. Thoughtful reviews and honesty.
    And just in case we have to add a picture again.

Most Attractive: Posts - Avegaille
    Her sig is amazing. And FYI, I'm attracted to simple stuff and great sigs. So there. And I've seen some sexy posts from her.

Best Rising Star - Yoshi-kun

Best Writer - Uzamaki Hinata
    Her fics are full of drama and rather enjoyable. Her fics make me proud to be a multishipper.
    Examples:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=183300
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=363584
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=350575

Best thread owner - Tadashi
    Reason: Cause she's done a great job with the thread and also provided us with some nice Palletshipping goodies on her thread. XD
    This is her kingdom - http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=344534

Best Mainstream Shipper - Kiori

Best Minor Shipper - Johnnyd2
    He's a huge fan of pokemon x human fics and I see him a lot on that thread.

Biggest H8r - Yeti
    Hate he does, esp. Saturn/Mars but in a sexy way. *shot*

Best overall Shipper - Mel Girl
    Reason: Cause she does a lot of different pairs and always contributing in different threads and posts. She's also willing to talk to other shippers, too.

Well that's my voting done. I'll edit them for the reasons though, right now I have some things to do.
    Last edited by ChloboShoka; 2nd February 2009 at 5:18 PM.

☆ Maya Fey: Ace Pokemon Trainer
    Carry On, BlisseyThe Other King☆
    Advancers Tumblr
    Banner by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design ✠

I may as well toss my two cents for this voting ^^ (I'm a little confuzzled, does this encompass all of 2008? Meh.)

TEH NOMINASHUNS OF DOOOOOOM
    (Will be edited when I think up some more)

Best Artist
    //Already been nommed - Endless Summer

Best Truther
    Profesco // Honestly, even though he just got here, I do so very much enjoy seeing the truths he hands out to people ^^

Best Darer
    //Already been nommed - Sweet May

Best Entertainer
    //Already been nommed - Yeti

Best Newbie
    Profesco // Meh, newest newbie I know, and so far he's doing a good job.

Best InBetween
    Tom Nook // He's fairly active, he contributes to a fair number of threads, and he's pretty well-liked ^^

Best Veteran
    Chelc // Gotta give it to her. She's been around for eons, she's seen the Community go through its ups and downs, and she knows what she's doing when she comes around here ^^

Best Brain
    Kiori // That caveman feel? Yeah, right here. Not a very frequent poster, but she has got it all figured out whenever she posts.

Most Popular
    C.Gholy // She posts in a lot of different threads, some even that surprise me, and she does a good job at it. Not to mention that she's got some good status within the community itself ^^

Mel-Girl // I can see her gravestone now: "MelKiba 4ever and ever amen" X3 *shot*

Gone But Not Forgotten
    ~Mist~ // Who oughta win this, no matter what <_< She had lots of friends and was very well-known in the community. She worked hard to be a good shipper, and everyone respected her ^^ Her departure caused some waves, even though she's still on LJ and stuff. Still, we miss her.

Best OCD Case
    Yeti // With her mildly disturbing obsession with Team Galactic

Best Airhead
    Katsu Koneko // I don't mean it in the mean sense, but she fits the bill for Yeti's description. "Sweet, giggly," etc.

Most Grounded
    //Already been nommed - Hakajin

Most Attractive / Personality
    Mel-Girl // She exudes friendliness, and she's always hyper and happy whenever she posts. No one can deny this >3

Most Attractive / Posts
    Tadashi // No one else uses my font XD

Best Rising Star
    //Already nommed - Hunter_RuLe

Best Writer
    Medea, for Romance 101 and Romance 102... I follow her fics XD

Best Mainstream Shipper
    Me! //Already been nommed - Uzamaki Hinata

Best Minor Shipper
    Vycksta // She loves those very minor pairings X3

Best Thread/Thread Owner
    //Already nommed - me, dangit. I work hard for that thread &#172;&#172;

Biggest H8r
    //Already nommed - Yeti

Best Overall Shipper
    --

Gah, I ended up voting for myself XD
    Last edited by Tadashi; 2nd February 2009 at 4:38 AM.
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

OMFG Mel-Girl's doing her nominations, can it be? Ah wut the heck.

Best Artist
    Endless Summer. Her fanart is so adorable. Is it okay if I link to her gallery? http://endless-summer181.deviantart.com/gallery/ Cuz here it is~

Best Truther
    WTF I'll nominate darklord18. I think darklord makes a good effort with coming up with decent truths. Plus, I'm just going to be different and not nominate Profesco? *shot*

Best Darer
    I'm sorry, all of you, step up your game NOW. And C.Gholy, fyi, some of those fund ares she did were handed out by me

Best Entertainer
    ccangelopearl. I love his posts, I really do.

Best Newbie
    Ah gosh, no all you newbies need to suck up to me now before you get my vote.

Best InBetween
    Mel-Girl wait, I joined in 2006, so now it's over 2 years I chose Sonic Boom. Cuz he rocks and you know it.

Best Veteran
    Uzamaki Hinata, cuz she's awesome, writes cool fics and you know it. 8DDD Plus she's been here for quite a while, I believe.

Best Brain
    I'm sorry, we don't get enough brainy people around these parts so Kiori. :x

Most Popular
    I'm already friends with Chelc so I'm past that sucking up bit. *shot* But yeah, she's popular on these forums, so there.

~Mist~, she's my favourite Pokeshipper and always will be. <333 Oh crap, that sounds cheesy. XD

Gone But Not Forgotten
    ~Mist~ for reasons already stated by others. Ha.

Best OCD Case
    ... I'll get back to this one.

Best Airhead
    Oh crap, is it my category? *shot* Enough with referring to myself in the sad hope that people will notice and nominate me. I choose Tadashi because we fangirl over our random yaoi scenarios like mad together... and we believe is Scenarioshipping (the should-be name for Shinji x Satoshi x Shigeru x Gen, kthnxbai).

Most Grounded
    Oh pah-lease, let me find one first.

Most Attractive
    Wait, pictures are needed for this? Hang on, you do realise that if you deny them because you think they're not hot, that could be taken as an insult and stuff. And how many of the shippers around here post in that thread, I'm not sure if many do. Idk, about the picture part of this. Maybe just do the whole member you'd most want to be shipped with thing, idk. :/ I'll come back to this.

Best Rising Star
    Sonic Boom, damn him, trying to be all veteran-ish. XP

Best Writer
    No, all writers on this forum fail. Okay, I'm kidding. I'll get back to this one.

Best Mainstream Shipper
    Ah wtf, I'll pick Chelc. She supports lot of mainstream ships. XD

Best Minor Shipper
    C.Gholy, she likes a lot of quirky ships and while she likes mainstream, I kinda took more notice of the ships that aren't so mainstream. So I'll nominate her.

Best Thread/Thread Owner
    I'm going to choose the Pallet thread and Tadashi. Probably because I'm biased. She's awesome and does heaps for her thread, like making screencaps and all sorts, plus there's a generally good feel in that thread, I reckon.

Biggest H8r
    I have no idea, lol.

Best Overall Shipper
    Ah I have no idea. I think everyone should be a ~Mist~ version of Chelc with an Uzamaki Hinata personality with some Tadashi quirks thrown in. I'll get back to ya on this one.

Aaaaaaaaaand I'm done. *hits submit reply*

Best Artist
    ---

Best Truther
    Profesco. His truth's have been brilliant so far.

Best Darer
    ---

Best Entertainer
    Yeti. You're posts in the T/D thread crack me up, they really do.

Best Newbie
    ---

Best InBetween
    Me! ...I'm not joking anymore

Best Veteran
    ---

Best Brain
    ---

Most Popular
    Mel-Girl. She's practically shipped with everyone anyway. Hahaha.

---

Gone But Not Forgotten
    ~Mist~. How could she not win this? She was the the first person I started talking to on these forums, after she adopted me when I first joined. I was sad to see her go.

Best OCD Case
    OMFG Yeti. I shouldn't even have to explain.

Best Airhead
    ---

Most Grounded
    Sonic Boom. I just get that "down-to-Earth" vibe.

Most Attractive
    ---

Best Rising Star
    ---

Best Writer
    ---

Best Mainstream Shipper
    ---

Best Minor Shipper
    Me! Joking again.

Best Thread/Thread Owner
    ---

Biggest H8r
    Dammit Yeti, I'm so tempted to nominate you again, for your extreme h8red of Advance and Conjunction...

Best Overall Shipper
    ---

Yeah, still a lot to do... I'll get around to it later.
    Last edited by omniouswind; 3rd February 2009 at 5:25 AM. Reason: moar noms

d00med n0w

Kay, here it goes for me.

Categories
    Best Artist
    Don't know at the moment...I'd have nominated lilineko, but she's not active here anymore so...I'll see.
    Best Truther
    I don't...go there.
    Best Darer
    I don't go there either.
    Best Entertainer
    Definately Medea.
    Whether it be in her fics or just being herself around these parts ^^

Best Newbie
    Whoah...Drew'sBaby.
    As a newbie to these forums, I like her style as a writer, and as a very polite and fun person to talk with, judging by my Wall to Wall with her ^^

Best InBetween
    Me. Oh s***, I qualify as a veteran now xD
    Well...let's give it to...omg : I've just realised all the people I can think of are veterans too T_T.

Best Veteran
    Encyclopika ?...Chelc ?...Ama ?...Chelsea ?
    Heck, they deserve it both. But, let's put my nomination for Encyclopika, for what she's achieved.

Best Brain
    Me ? Ok, no, I'll get out.
    Toran Frostbite, definately. For her knowledge of shippings.

Most Popular
    Chelc. End.
    ~Mist~
    Nobody's even close to her.

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Water Spirit
    Even though she hasn't completely left the forums, her fic, FADOF has made my life as a PokéShipper nearly complete, and her name should be equivalent to PokéShipping itself.
    J'espčre te voir d'ici peu trčs chčre...

Best OCD Case
    Chaos Emperor. Former King of PS.
    Best Airhead
    This would be an insult to nominate one particular person among the people I know...so nobody here.
    Most Grounded
    Me ? No ? OK...again : Hakajin, debating 101.
    imo, the "Brain" category goes well with this one.

Most Attractive
    (Thanks Chloe, <3 ya)
    CuteDrew667. But I don't think she'd like me posting a pic of her without her knowing, so I won't. Besides, there's a pic of her in her sig.
    Oh, and we are shipped together =o

Best Rising Star
    Judging by the description, this category should be named "Best Underrated Poster" or something similar...
    But I'll nominate me Hunter_RuLe for this one...rising star for sure.

Best Writer
    Rave the Rich.
    Because of this,
    this
    and this.

Best Mainstream Shipper
    lol @ Morpheus, but I see your point.
    Gazmof

Best Minor Shipper
    Chelc, in the category : IronWillShipping
    Best Thread/Thread Owner
    Uzamaki Hinata for AdvanceShipping
    Since I've nominated Gazmof and Hunter_RuLe already, I thought Uza-chan should have a shot at this (she is 1/3 owner of that thread)

Biggest H8r
    Again, Chaos Emperor.
    He hates AdvanceShipping, PearlShipping, AbilityShipping, KissShipping, everything that has Ash involved and is not PokéShipping.

Best Overall Shipper
    *sigh*
    I've worked my whole two years of being here, posted all my posts in these Shipping forums, and I hope that one day, I'll be able to win this category, but for now, I'm years behind ~Mist~
    We'll miss you Kris :'(
    Because of serebiiforums, my Life has been put on hold...

...wait, that sounds wrong...
    ...yeah, it's the other way around.

My Works : A, B, C, D, E

Since I cbf to copy and paste all the categories, and I'm only voting for Yeti for all the categories anyways. So, yeah.

Everything
    Yeti

8U

Alright nominations have been put up. TY to my fanguhs 8U

IF YOU EDIT YOUR NOMINATION POST AFTER THIS POST, PLEASE LEAVE ME A VM ON MY PROFILE TELLING ME, OR I WILL NOT SEE AND ADD ANY NEW NOMINATIONS.
    ALSO DON'T CHANGE YOUR NOMINATIONS, KTHX M8S o)

I have rejected a few nominations:
    Most Attractive - Shadowshipper
    Reason: Didn't post a pic. Yes Mel-Girl this is a category that is based off pictures. It is a beauty contest so if you aren't willing to show a pic, you will not be eligible nor will you win. I will only reject you from this category if you don't have a picture/won't give one, it's not based on if I think you're pretty or not until voting lol.
    Best Rising Star - Sonic Boom and Yeti
    Reason: Both of us are too well-known. Sonic Boom is NOT the kind of poster-in-the-shadows I am looking for with this category and it's unfair I be nominated for Most Popular and Undernoticed. :P
    Overall Shipper - ~Mist~
    Reason: She left. It's unfair to shippers who are still here and posting to be beaten by someone who is gone who will never post/know unless people tell her. While she is a great shipper, she belongs in the GBNF category; though I did allow her into a couple of the other categories.

Think that's all the people I rejected. If you see that I missed your nomination, please leave me a VM saying which one I missed, and a VM if you edit your post to add more. (don't make a new post, please)

I will make my own nominations eventually... ;]
    Last edited by Yeti; 2nd February 2009 at 12:59 AM.

I don't know much people here :X

Best Artist
    buster_wolf, he used to have a thread I think, but I don't know if he still has it up. Anyway, his art is wow, he's a great artist if only he would draw some contestshipping

Best Truther
    Idk

Best Darer
    idk

Best Entertainer
    idk

Best Newbie
    idk

Best InBetween
    Me? No, jk, I have no idea XD

Best Veteran
    Uzamaki Hinata - she's been here for a quite a while and she's a really nice person She's one of the few advanceshippers I know, but she's a really easy person to talk to, and oh yeah, did I mention nice? XD

Best Brain
    Hakajin - I haven't been posting in a lot of places around shipper's forum since... the summer @__@;;; But I remember her posts well, and she always knows what she's talking about.

Most Popular
    Mel-Girl - this girl knows a lot of people 8D

Ummmm, I dunno, there are a lot of people who are very obsessed with their shippings. I'll come back to this one.

Gone But Not Forgotten
    ~Mist~ - this is so a no-brainer. Mist was obviously a really big person here on the forums, it's so sad that she's gone

Best OCD Case
    Idk XD

Best Airhead
    idk :<

Most Grounded
    Hakajin - I believe that this so self-explanatory that I shouldn't have to say :O

Most Attractive
    Idk XD

Best Rising Star
    shadow_shipper - I agree that it sounds a lot like most-underrated XD But yeah, the description for best rising star just seems to fit shadow_shipper to a T

Best Writer
    Uzamaki Hinata - just take one glance at this and you'll agree

Best Mainstream Shipper
    Uzamaki Hinata - I think she's a good advanceshipper as well as the fact that, well, she's a nice advanceshipper and doesn't like to just be with one shipping, you know? I don't mean any offense to the rest of the ASers, but Uza-chan is the unique one out of them XD

Best Minor Shipper
    Idk D:

Best Thread/Thread Owner
    Gazmof - He keeps all of his advanceshippers in line!

Biggest H8r
    I dunno D:

Best Overall Shipper

Mel-Girl - her attitude towards shipping is so funny, she deserves this one

I've had a really
    good time at SPPF

but now it's time
    to say good bye

Until next time
    Pokewiz

WE HAVE A NEW CATEGORY:
    Most Attractive: Looks
    This is for that one shipper who you'd like to ship yourself with. You've seen their pic and man are they ever hot. 8) You MUST provide a picture of them, if they won't fork one over they are not getting entered into this category. Many people have pictures in the Pic Thread in Misc, check it.
    This is for the shipper who has the best-looking sig, posting format/font and color. You see their posts and you just think, "oh how well-coordinated!" They just have a talent for looking prim, fresh and fashionable in the way they post.

The Most Attractive has been split into two at the request of a mod. Looks still requires a picture, Posts is for those who just post well.
    Begin nomin8ing for Looks and Posts. =)

And with the post of Pokewiz, I am now curious...
    Best Thread/Thread Owner
    Gazmof - He keeps all of his advanceshippers in line!

Others have nomin8ed... uh... Uzamaki Hinata (can't you people pick 4 letter names like me ;-; ) as the Advanceshipping thread owner.
    So who owns this thread?

To be clear, I am only allowing current editions of threads, threads that aren't closed, and the OP of the thread is the owner.
    If someone could VM me and say who the official Advanceshipping Thread nomination is I would appreciate that... if this isn't straightened out I'll just remove the Advanceshipping Thread from the nominations.

Noms updated otherwise... except...

Rejected:
    Best Artist
    buster_wolf, he used to have a thread I think, but I don't know if he still has it up. Anyway, his art is wow, he's a great artist if only he would draw some contestshipping
    Reason: No link to the art so nobody knows what it looks like unless they're like you and have seen it before. If you'd like to update your post with a link or two I will add buster_wolf, or if someone leaves me a VM.

All right, I'm voting.

Best Newbie I think the limit needs to be extended to two months

I would have to say Profesco, because I think he just now started to post here. If anyone can correct me on this, do so, por favor.

Best InBetween

Sonic Boom Tom Nook has been here for longer than a month (here's the proof), so I'm going for him. He posts intelligently, and doesn't provoke other shippers for their shippings although me and him like to go at each other throats from time to time XD

Best Veteran

Medea, plz. She provides so much spunk in her posts and in her fic, how could I not vote for her.

Most Popular

Tadashi Tadashi Tadashi. Nice to everyone, proud defender of Shishi, picked on by me giving her PS art to her on MSN XD, just great overall

Best OCD Case

There are so many Pearlshippers that do this I can't decide. But I will go with JBStormburst, the famous "Roses die, ribbons last forever!" Advanceshipping guy. All his 100 some odd posts are just awesome, complete with undermining Contestshipping for all of its worth. I just WANT to join his Advanceshippping Board and see the activities there XD

Best Airhead

No matter how much she hates me, I will nominate Sweetpikachu for this. She has that bubbly personality about her.

Shadow-Saur, by default; she's the only one (besides myself and Profesco) that I've seen post in the thread. Here it is.

I guess Mewluvr200, if only for the fact that she is the only one who types in pink font. Pink is the best color evar.

Best Writer

Since I can't, and will not to duplicate, nominate Uzamaki, I will vote for Lunarshadow. His story may not be complete, but I'm hooked to his story, and I await for more updates.

Biggest H8r

Alfonso, for Pokeshipping. Need I say more?

(sorry Pearlshipping THREAD haters, you don't qualify)
    crap.
    Last edited by Sonic Boom; 2nd February 2009 at 3:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post

Shadow-Saur, by default; she's the only one (besides myself and Profesco) that I've seen post in the thread. Here it is.
    not anymore and I had a pic or two in the 2008 thread.

Yeah don't nominate someone if they've already been nominated... either leave the category off your post or think of something else. Makes it easier for me lol. ;[

Noms upd8ed otherwise.
    Tom Nook removed from Newbie and added to InBetween.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    Overall Shipper - ~Mist~
    Reason: She left. It's unfair to shippers who are still here and posting to be beaten by someone who is gone who will never post/know unless people tell her. While she is a great shipper, she belongs in the GBNF category
    Ok then Yeti, if you'll allow me, I'll change that nomination into Encyclopika.

oh and edit : concerning the AdvanceShipping owner issue. There are three owners of the thread, Uzamanki Hinata, Hunter_RuLe and Gazmof. But only one could be the first poster, obviously, and it was Gazmof.
    So, you decide what you want to ^^
    Last edited by shadow_shipper; 2nd February 2009 at 4:22 AM.
    Because of serebiiforums, my Life has been put on hold...

...wait, that sounds wrong...
    ...yeah, it's the other way around.

My Works : A, B, C, D, E

Best InBetween
    Riolulu

I would vote for me but that not something I would do, so I think I would pick someone later so I will edited later.

Best Writer
    Medea here some of her work.
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=355170

Best Mainstream Shipper
    Chelc

Best Minor Shipper
    Mel-Girl with Riley x Paul.
    Last edited by darklord18; 12th February 2009 at 1:46 AM.
    credit to GrovyleCelebi for the banner, come and join us.

I offically claim Cheekyshipping/ Max/Masato x Mira/Miru

List updated, along with shadow_shipper's Overall change. Will add shadow_shipper to the Looks --> Personality category next update.

Most Attractive: Looks is now Most Attractive: Personality and no longer requires a picture. Please note the change.

You still have 13 days to submit your nominations. =)

Now for some of my own [not complete yet] if it has a '-' I am coming back to it. sry 4 the large amount of me at the end lol am failing at doing hw and thinking of people :P

Best Artist
    -
    Best Truther
    -
    Best Darer
    -
    Best Entertainer
    I need to find a good Pearlshipper for this one MAN some of them are hilarious.
    Best Newbie
    LightingKimba, he just started posting here but he's a pretty good guy and I like his style.
    Best InBetween
    Yeti since that's how long I've been here lol.
    Best Veteran
    -
    Best Brain
    Swifty, he's a pretty smart guy and he knows a lot of stuff, having talked to him on IRC and seen some of his posts.
    Most Popular
    Chelc ~_~
    Vycksta because I have no doubt she will die shipping her favorite ships and come back from the grave to haunt us all.
    Gone But Not Forgotten
    ~Mist~... she was a good champ.
    Best OCD Case
    Yeti... geeze I am off my rocker yo. o)
    Best Airhead
    Tadashi, just cause she's always cheery and upbeat.
    Most Grounded
    Aaron Fan, he doesn't post much but his posts are always serious and well thought-out. You gotta give the guy some credit, he's solid.
    -
    Yeti because my sig's font colors match the commanders' hair ~_~ Used to match the order, too, until I changed the TG pic. sry I jizz over that haha.
    Best Rising Star
    The Renowned Obscurity cause look you guys don't always see the quality. o\
    Best Writer
    Yeti, simply because the sole goal of my first story I posted was achieved. One person, at the least, saw the point I was trying to make and that is enough for me to say I have succeeded.
    Best Mainstream Shipper
    -
    Best Minor Shipper
    The Renowned Obscurity. Likes a lot of minor ships and needs some recognition here.
    Best Thread/Thread Owner
    TG Thread/Yeti... just because MAN I Love that thread.
    Biggest H8r
    Yeti definitely... I am vicious regarding some ships.
    Best Overall Shipper
    Yeti, just cause I'm me. ;x
    Last edited by Yeti; 3rd February 2009 at 1:12 AM. Reason: adding noms

Here are the categories I said I'd get back to~

Best Darer
    Okay, still gotta get back to that. XDDD I seconded Sweet May, though she's already been nominated so wtf. XD

Best Newbie
    I still need someone to suck up to me, oh idk, darklord18. There. 8D

Best OCD Case
    Hn, the person I wanted to nominate has already been chosen~

Tadashi. Cuz she rocks. And you know it. Or you should know it, anyway.

Tadashi, you nominated yourself, you suck. I choose Kiori, cuz she sets out her threads very nicely. Just look at that CS thread, for goodness sake! XD

Best Writer
    Uza's been nominated already, wtf. So I'll choose Gazmof, cuz Gazmof is special. XD
    Good Love Charm It's one of my fave fics on SPPF, so XP
    Just in case, here's more links to his fics:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=364104
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=294032
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=273356

Biggest H8r
    IDK. Again, one of those things I'll get back to. :x

Best Overall Shipper
    Tadashi, just cuz I can. 8D Anyway, she's one of the best people around the shipper's community so I'll nominate her. 8D

wut I've posted in the picture thread, go to pages 2 and 4, for goodness sake

As for the picture thing, yeah, thanks for clearing it up, Yeti.
    Last edited by Mel-Girl; 2nd February 2009 at 5:07 AM.

The use of red fonts and the number "eight" "ate" etc. in your words seems to be a bit too much, don't ya think? =P Unless you're trying to annoy the people reading your posts on purpose, hey, that can't be helped, but at the same them, it makes me wonder...

Best Artist - Sweet May
    She good in both artworks and graphics. Her DA will give you evidence she's improving in the drawing department.

Links: http://shuualchemist.deviantart.com/...2009-108030648 http://shuualchemist.deviantart.com/...ENTS-107691264 http://shuualchemist.deviantart.com/...Xmas-107798238

Best Writer - Rave The Rich (I second this nomination, and I'll tell you why)
    He knows how to twist plots and give opportunities to the minor characters that other writers never even bother writing about. He's also good at expanding a character's personality throughout the story.

Nothing much going on my head right now, so these will be the first two. :P

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/523600/ - his FF.net basically also has the stuff he posted here in SPPf

GPXPlus Profile | Electromaster | Alert; Obsessions
    Paired with the awesome Orion-Sama~

Quote Originally Posted by Avegaille View Post
    The use of red fonts and the number "eight" "ate" etc. in your words seems to be a bit too much, don't ya think? =P Unless you're trying to annoy the people reading your posts on purpose, hey, that can't be helped, but at the same them, it makes me wonder...
    I used varying shades of pink, orange and yellow. There is no red in my post. And the only one I have a hard time reading on Happy is the yellow.
    And the 8 words aren't really that hard to distinguish what they are, are they? Really now. It's just to add a little spice and personality to the awards without spamming smilies that creep me.

In any cases noms updated, I berieve. Let me know if you catch one I missed.

And I am making a banner to advertise the awards! You all can add it to your sig once I finish.

I am thinking about changing the deadline since I will not be here the weekend the nominations were supposed to end. If you have any opinion on whether you want the nominations to end a week earlier or a week later, drop me a VM or PM!
    But be aware if you have your profile set to private or w/e and you haven't friended me I will not be able to VM you back. ;x

Putting in a few nominations here, so...

Best Inbetween
    The Horizon

Uzamaki Hinata
    It's gotta be her. I mean, who really hates her? She is just cool.

Chelc
    When I think of Chelc, I think of hot brunette. Otherwise, she's just a good person anybody can befriend, but if you get her angry, well, she probably look hotter.

Best Overall Shipping
    Gazmof
    Guy really knows his ****.
    Last edited by The Horizon; 3rd February 2009 at 1:24 AM.
    My Music Playlist

Lost in a sea of sadness
    Blind in this place of darkness
    If I fall, would you be there to raise me up?
    Or will I be the forgotten one?

So most of my nominations have already been said, I'll just add the new ones.

Darklord18
    -I looked in my handy thesaurus, and it says that Darklord18 and Cheekyshipping are, in fact, synonyms.

Best OCD Case
    Ccangelopearl

Best Truther
    LightningKimba

Everyone else I wanted to win's already up for the right awards... just waiting for the voting now.
    Last edited by Shadow-saur; 5th February 2009 at 5:57 AM.
    [img]http://i41.*******.com/161xsaq.png[/img]
    Credit to HikariTajiri - Thank you very much!

Shadow disappeared off the face of the earth.

Paired with Sonic Boom, twins with Pearl's Perap

Time for me to nominate.

Best InBetween
    swampert55

Best Veteran
    You don't need to ask this one... Uzamaki Hinata. I mean, in the old AS thread, she always found a way to calm me down, when I was upset with something, and with the new thread, it got even better.

Most Popular
    Gazmof and Uzamaki Hinata, because I think they try to know everyone on the thread and even people not on the thread

I've heard of quite a few, but I don't remember their names...

Gone But Not Forgotten
    The ones who helped me in the ASxCS devate thread are still around

Best OCD Case
    JBstormburstADV, clearly. Come on, you gotta give it to him, he created a site who brought a lot of people together.
    Oh, and Sp1derp1g too, I mean, I created the Advanceshipping Soundtrack. I'm a nutcase about Advanceshipping, otherwise, I would have stayed quiet.

Most Grounded
    Gazmof, that's it. His posts are full os reason and make sense when you read them.

Uzamaki Hinata. She always finds a way to calm me down, and I find that attractive.

Best Mainstream Shipper
    Uzamaki Hinata
    Gazmof
    JBStormburstADV
    the list could go on and on

Best Thread/Thread Owner
    Gazmof and Uzamaki Hinata, both in the AS thread

Best Overall Shipper
    Uzamaki Hinata.
    What Happens..., an AmourShipping fic.
    Read it if you want, I won't force you.
    Also, read my Amourshipping drabble, about Amourshipping.

"An inspiring book on overcoming life's obstacles."
    New York Times 4-8-2016

Write it down on your calendars.

We're experiencing technical diFICculties,
    Please stand by.

While I'm gone, I'm gonna read the whole of AmourShipping thread. Wish me luck.

Hey guys quick update...
    Noms haven't been updated because I made this:

Feel free to put it in your sig using this address: http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/g...wardbanner.png and link it to this thread, which is: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=379810
    Here's the full-size original drawing.

If ANYONE complains about the choice of ship I will find you irl and punch your face in till you die.
    It isn't Ashxsomeone so the mainstream threads can't call favoritism/etc.

So yeah get some advertising up and put the banner in your sig, if you like. I might make another with a different pairing if enough people want.

PS again sorry for no nom updates I made a banner instead :P in the like 2 hours I had free today haha >_> Nom update tomorrow I promise!

Best Artist - Xx-Endless_Summer-xX
    I just love her art. Her style is freaking adorable. She posts her Pearlshipping fan arts in the thread sometimes, and even though I don't like the ship itself, I can't deny how cute her art is, haha. She does draw a lot of shippings I like, so it's all good. A link to her gallery is here.

Best Truther - Profesco
    4sho4sho. Even though he just started posting in the thread, his questions are original and thought provoking. He definitely deserves this.

Best Darer - C.Gholy
    Haha her dares always make me go wtf. They involve the most random of ships, like ones people never think about.

Best Entertainer - Yeti
    Lol if I could I would want Yeti to have this not only for Shippers Comm but for SPPf in general. 8) I always lol irl at her posts here. They make my SPPf day definitely.

Best InBetween - Tom Nook
    I think he's been here since...November? I'm not sure, though I guess it doesn't matter that much. He is a great member, never annoys me anyone, and is definitely on his way to becoming a very well-liked veteran.

Best Veteran - Swifty
    He has always made quality posts ever since has been here except for that one post he made when he was high or something idk what was going on but ANYWAY yes he deserves this.

Best Brain - Toran Frostbite
    Definitely. She owns the What's this Ship Called? thread, and answers questions posted here all of the time. Plus, she's a mod over at BMGf, and really knows her stuff regarding Shipping in general. She is fantastic.

Most Popular
    Will never nominate anyone because no one here is really all that popular as far as I can tell. The ones that you would call "popular" here are really just a clique tbh and think that because they know me or talk to me on MSN that they are all of a sudden "popular." Well no it does not work that way.

Will nominate later.

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Will nominate later.

Best OCD Case
    Will nominate later.

Best Airhead - Katsu Koneko
    Haha don't take this the wrong way, Katsu! She is always so happy and bubbly in her posts, as well as reallyreally nice to everyone. She always means well.

Most Grounded - Milotic17
    Wow why was she not nominated yet? She is one of the best members that post here tbh. She always has something interesting to say and she shows that she's ~grounded~ without coming off 100&#37; serious - she's a really nice person as well. She is just great.

Most Attractive: Personality - Yeti
    BECAUSE I'D GO GAY FOR YETI

Will nominate later.

Best Rising Star - The Renowned Obscurity
    TRO is a really sweet girl and a cool person. She is nice and follows the rules, and always has something to say. Her posts are always nice to read. I can see her getting noticed in some time...hopefully, anyway. It's too bad I never see anyone noticing her posts besides people in the TG thread. ~_~

Best Writer - Breezy
    Even though she just posted up a few Hoennshipping fics recently, her stuff is amazing. Definitely some of the best fics I've seen posted in Shipping Fics. I feel bad for having not reviewed any of them yet. =( Anyways though you should all check out her fics. Like I said, they are great.

Best Mainstream Shipper - riolulu
    IIRC, she supports basically all of the mainstream shippings except a couple, lol. I don't know how she does it, but she is able to support them without worrying about any of them conflicting one another. She just loves them all.

Best Minor Shipper - Orion-Sama
    Nothing beats his love for PinkFlowershipping. After many years, he still supports it. I know he always creates a thread now and then, converting a fair amount of people each time. He writes fan fics, draws fan art, does whatever he can to show off his love for PinkFlowershipping, hoping one day it will get the recognition he feels it deserves.

Best Thread/Thread Owner - The Rocketshipping Thread
    It doesn't really have an owner (since the owner hasn't posted here in a while...though I guess Lux would be the owner, if anything), but is it alright to still nominate it? That thread is joyous man I love looking in it it simply has the best discussions and coolest members hands down.

Biggest H8r - JBStormburst
    ROFL @ HIS HATE FOR POKESHIPPING AND CONTESTSHIPPING. I am pretty sure he hates both with every ounce of his life. Man. I can't believe I just remembered him now, haha.

Best Overall Shipper - Musapion
    She definitely fits the description for this category. She is loyal to Rocketshipping, very polite, funny, and always has something interesting to say in her posts. It'd be great if everyone could be more like her. It seems she is [sadly] overlooked. Ah well. I wish to nominate her anyway. =)
    Currently a little busy. I'll respond to all messages when I can.

Best Artist: Xx-Endless_Summer-xX

Best Truther: Yeti

Best Darer:

Best Entertainer:

Best Newbie: Drew'sBaby

Best InBetween: Tadashi

Best Veteran:

Best Brain: Sonic Boom

Most Popular: Chelc

Having Their OTP Inscribed On Their Gravestone: darklord18

Gone But Not Forgotten: ~Mist~

Best OCD Case: S-Unit

Best Airhead:

Most Grounded:

Most Attractive: Personality: Tadashi

Most Attractive: Posts: Mel-Girl

I always love that girl's siggy and avvi...I don't know how she fits it all in there, mine always tells me i have too many characters.

Best Rising Star: S-Unit

Best Writer: S-Unit

Best Mainstream Shipper: riolulu

Best Minor Shipper: darklord18

Best Thread/Thread Owner: Tadashi

here's her pallet thread

there are so many things on that first post that Tadashi worked hard to put there...I think she deserves this award!!

Biggest H8r:

Best Overall Shipper: C.Gholy

I will update my list soon!

~riolulu
    Last edited by riolulu; 7th February 2009 at 5:35 PM.

Alright noms updated at long last.
    Add the banner to your sigs, people!!
    [`url="http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=379810"][`img]http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg306/Yetipoo/Anime/awardbanner.png[`/img][`/url]
    Just c/p that into your sig and remove the ` from the codes. ^_^

Also, if you update your nominations, PLEASE put them in BOLD LIME GREEN so when I scan your posts, I know what ones you have added. And it'd help if you left me a VM/PM stating you've updated your post.
    So yeah [`b][`COLOR="Lime"]Category/Person here[`/COLOR][`/b] put that around any new nominations you may make if you guys could. It'd make it easier for me to know who you've added. :P

Voting may or may not start next Wednesday... this weekend for me is booked solid and next weekend I am gone so... I might just wait to straighten out all the noms and links once my schedule is less crammed. We'll see!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast