Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637 LastLast

Thread: 3rd Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ [Read all of first post if you don't want an infraction]

Yesterday I had another luck attack and found a shiny Surskit in Ruby during a Surskit swarm.

Video: black Surskit are swarming!

I'm hoping to get a Skitty swarm at some point, so I can hunt for a shiny one of them, too.

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Fafner ~~ Dream Address: 7700-3428-6939
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Kyurem - 2nd February 2014 (Black 2 - 3329 soft resets)

I was going to SR for Mudkip on Sapphire last night (I started a while ago but haven't played any Pokemon for a long while) but I got the internal battery message as soon as I started up. So now I just have Leaf Green to hunt shinies on

Youtube| FS: Phanpy, Marowak + Diggersby 3DS Friend Code: 3540-0200-8196|Tumblr
    Soul Silver Badge Quest

Quote Originally Posted by xKatie0391 View Post
    I was going to SR for Mudkip on Sapphire last night (I started a while ago but haven't played any Pokemon for a long while) but I got the internal battery message as soon as I started up. So now I just have Leaf Green to hunt shinies on
    what about using RNG to get it on sapphire?

Trading stuff:
        Spoiler:- Friend codes::

3DS: 3523-3147-6204 - Friend safari: Electric; Dedenne, pikachu, galvantula

RNG'd shinies for trade: * (x2) (x2) (x2) * Mild nature and IV's: 22/16/27/31/31/30 (UT but not lvl 1) except *'s
    Want: any shinys I don't have (I don't care about nature, moves, IV's etc, just shinyness :P)

So I was able to profit off of a friend. X3 Mh friend caught a shiny trapinch on his Emerald! I asked if he minded if I cloned it ((on my Emerald since he hasn't beaten the game yet)) so I could have one. And he said sure! The downfall is it is already leveled up some. But hey! A shiny is a shiny!

That makes two for my GB shinies, now once I beat LG, I plan on SS for Mewtwo. n.n
    Black Friend Code: 3697 3078 7902

I always have available due to Emerald Glitch Cloning:
    MYSTRY Event Mew UT Hardy
    Shiny Spearow
    Shiny Trapinch

Spoiler:- Want List:

Hiring someone to Pokécheck for me!

My first Gen 3 shiny:

While I was in Victory Rd, I was like, "What if I find a shiny here? Will I attack it? What if it was an Onix? Hm... I know! I'll just have Blastoise tackle it!"
    then when I reached the near end, I encountered this... I was all "FFFF" *masterballs it* XD

I thought it was going to Self Destruct... so yeah.. My mistake. i didn't have WiFi then to check >.>

Funny... I only played FR for like months and my LG never had a shiny and its over a year old, nya~

ive had ruby since it came out in the UK and never encountered a shiny, until today. Im doing a grass monotype and was going over the path north of Slateport when all of a sudden a shiny Electrike appeared. Caught but i cant use it, so im gonna have to trade it out to my emerald cartridge. Blue electrikes sure look cool though

would you trade it for a purple wailord?
    Friend code for heart gold: 2452 2281 0031

I'm SRing for a shiny Torchic on Ruby but I'm the getting the internal battery has run dry message, does this mean I can't hunt shinies?

I'd like to know sooner rather than later for obvious reasons haha

Quote Originally Posted by punk4rock View Post
    I'm SRing for a shiny Torchic on Ruby but I'm the getting the internal battery has run dry message, does this mean I can't hunt shinies?

I'd like to know sooner rather than later for obvious reasons haha
    You can, but SR-ing is not the way to go...
    What is your trainer ID and I may be able to help you identify when abouts it will shine

Trading stuff:

RNG'd shinies for trade: * (x2) (x2) (x2) * Mild nature and IV's: 22/16/27/31/31/30 (UT but not lvl 1) except *'s
    Want: any shinys I don't have (I don't care about nature, moves, IV's etc, just shinyness :P)

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyman192 View Post
    You can, but SR-ing is not the way to go...
    What is your trainer ID and I may be able to help you identify when abouts it will shine
    Don't you need his SID to do that check for shiny frames aswell? Just curious...

My xat avvie (c) me
    {~Friend Safari : GHOST : Pumpkaboo | Golurk | Lampent~}
    {~Fire Type Cloob~} {~TEF~} {~Mystic Types Cloob~}
    {~Total self-caught shinies: 87~} {~Most recent shiny : Shiny Wurmple(OR Horde)~}

3DS FC : 4012-3813-9306 IGN Emii(Y version)

My Bank Ball Collection Spreadsheet

Quote Originally Posted by lavaburst14 View Post
    Don't you need his SID to do that check for shiny frames aswell? Just curious...
    yes, but I can guess it by making the assumption that the game was started relatively quickly (ie. you don't sit around waiting for ages to pick your name), and also that the game had a flat battery when it was started...

Trading stuff:

yes, but I can guess it by making the assumption that the game was started relatively quickly (ie. you don't sit around waiting for ages to pick your name), and also that the game had a flat battery when it was started...
    I have a dry ruby and 2 emerald so I was wondering how you know where the shiny frames are placed. I'm hoping to find out how, so I can help my friend get her shiny treecko.

My xat avvie (c) me
    {~Total self-caught shinies: 87~} {~Most recent shiny : Shiny Wurmple(OR Horde)~}

I can only do ruby/sapphire... pm me your trainer ID and I will see what I can do.
    Also, in about a week I will be making a tutorial video and putting it on youtube showing how to start the game and choose you TID/SID for R/S so that you get a specific shiny frame and I will show how to get the starter of your choice shiny... so if you just want to wait for that, that's fine

Trading stuff:

I can only do ruby/sapphire... pm me your trainer ID and I will see what I can do.
    Also, in about a week I will be making a tutorial video and putting it on youtube showing how to start the game and choose you TID/SID for R/S so that you get a specific shiny frame and I will show how to get the starter of your choice shiny... so if you just want to wait for that, that's fine
    OK thx so much~! I'll be getting back my ruby soon anyway, so i'll definatly look into ur video once you post it

My xat avvie (c) me

The only shinies I ever got on my Ruby were Zigzagoon and Linoone.
    The first one I found was a Zigzagoon right outside of Verdanturf. I caught it (didn't even notice the sparkles), then looked at its stats and noticed it was a weird color and had a little red star.
    I thought it was a glitch so I released it to keep my game from getting messed up. XD
    Then I found a shiny Linoone immediately after capturing Latios. Lucky day!
    I kept this shiny because I had since learned that shiny Pokémon were very rare and harmless. I trained it up and sent it to my Pearl when it came out.

| my anime list | anime reviews blog | photobucket | soundcloud |
    | ask me anything...no really! | level my sylveon! |
    | latest anime review: .hack//Sign |
    | currently watching: .hack//Tasogare no Udewa Densetsu // 07-Ghost // 11eyes // 2x2=Shinobuden // Inuyasha |

I've gotten only one shiny in RSE, it was Oddish. Caught it in my Emerald, I was shocked when I found that green creature! I just had learned about shiny Pokemon and yeah it was awesome to actually find one!

A few minutes ago, I got my first shiny in LG, a sassy female ratata. I restarted my game and just start to level up a magikarp when I found that sparkling rat! It isn't my favorite shiny, but, hey, my first shiny in a gen III game in 7 years! ^^
    Last edited by DuquĘ?; 17th November 2012 at 9:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    Basically any interesting idea you have when speculating about new regions invariably ends with:
    - Ash showing up in a new region with Pikachu without a clue how to do anything besides battling and breathing;
    - He accidentally runs into the new new girl who will be the main companion;
    - He meets a creepy older gentleman* who will follow him around and do the things Ash apparently is either not smart enough to do, or expects that someone will it for him.

*Averted. Now, we have a gadget maniac and his hyper-active lil' sis.
    Platinum FC - 1075 8811 5380

Hi!

Was wondering if anyone knows when the spread for Latios/latias is selected in R/S? The messages that trigger them are different from the one in Emerald, which i have found information on, but not when you have to press A to hit the frame you want in R/S. Basically i want a shiny roamer from my sapphire and i know what frame i need to hit, just not when i need to make the "last input". And i know they have crappy IV:s but dont care, as i just want it shiny. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
    I collect shiny pokemon (LEGIT and preferably uncloned, will be flexible depending on the pokemon) . I have quite a few and getting more all the time. If you want to trade, just ask me what i have (will update my haves later) and maybe we can work out a deal I have obtained most of my shiny pokemon myself and can verify they are legit and uncloned.

Coming soon: going to reset my Sapphire game so if you would be interested in any of the shiny starters () i can RNG you a custom one (includes nicknames, nature, trying to get the best IV:s possible). If you are interested please vm/pm me.

This Emerald shiny maniuplating stuff is crazy, can't believe I've never heard of it before. Got a shiny magnemite (now magneton) randomly on Sapphire about 7 hours in 2 weeks ago. Not the coolest looking sprite but is awesome still.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Yanma View Post
    Hi!

Was wondering if anyone knows when the spread for Latios/latias is selected in R/S? The messages that trigger them are different from the one in Emerald, which i have found information on, but not when you have to press A to hit the frame you want in R/S. Basically i want a shiny roamer from my sapphire and i know what frame i need to hit, just not when i need to make the "last input". And i know they have crappy IV:s but dont care, as i just want it shiny. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
    I am not sure, but I would say that it will be a complete pain to try and RNG a shiny lati@s in ruby or sapphire... I didn't bother with trying to RNG for them shiny...
    Also, because they have rubbish IV's due to the way that they are generated, I would image that that would completely stuff up the shiny generation as well...
    If you have already released it, I guess the best thing to do would be to experiment a bit. Catch it, see what it's IV's are, then restart and catch it again and see if they are the same, if not, well I guess it might be possible, but it is basically completely random whether you find one or not, so that would ruin the abaility to RNG them...

Trading stuff:

Hi monkeyman192, my internal battery died for my Pokemon Sapphire died and I was wondering if I re-started my game would you PM me SID? Please. And my shiny frame for a shiny starter with a Rash nature?
    My Team:

My FC: 0946 0660 4396
    My name is Taylor
    I'm the Dragon leader of The Super Neo Gym Challenge. Prize: Shiny Magikarp
    Badge: Scale badge record 0-0

Hi guys and girls,

I just have a question in regards to shiny hunting. My emerald's battery is dry for those that are wondering. Anyways, when Wattson asked me to turn off the New Mauville generator, I met a shiny Voltorb and successfully caught it (wild random encounter rather than Method 1). Now I'm wondering if I have a shiny frame enough to SR for shiny Rayquaza or not. Is there a way to find out? Or can I just Soft Reset for Rayquaza?

If not, I could probably pokecheck my Voltorb in order to find out SID and RNG for the Shiny Rayquaza (assuming it's possible).

I have only recently started hunting shinies in the last 2 months on my fire red.... I got 2 in 3 days of SR'ing 1 was a hardy nature abra (very happy because I love them) in about 2700 encounters I then found a shiny dratini 2 days later in under 100 SR's (reclaims my bold nature 1 which I randomly got from SS Game corner what should I hunt for now? should I SR for another game corner shiny or go for RE shinies (I already have all legendaries)?

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    Hi guys and girls,

I just have a question in regards to shiny hunting. My emerald's battery is dry for those that are wondering. Anyways, when Wattson asked me to turn off the New Mauville generator, I met a shiny Voltorb and successfully caught it (wild random encounter rather than Method 1). Now I'm wondering if I have a shiny frame enough to SR for shiny Rayquaza or not. Is there a way to find out? Or can I just Soft Reset for Rayquaza?

If not, I could probably pokecheck my Voltorb in order to find out SID and RNG for the Shiny Rayquaza (assuming it's possible).
    I'd pokecheck your voltorb and go for the RNG...

Trading stuff:

So far, all of my shinies were either randomly caught or traded to me, meaning I never really searched for them or bothered soft reseting.
    I recently started a new game in my sapphire and I decided to go for the shiny Rayquaza (internal battery dead).
    I read everywhere about the whole RNG thing but I just can't understand how it works. I don't even know what a shiny frame is etc.
    I have done about 200+ SR with no luck, and I have one simple question.

Is there a chance that I will NEVER get the shiny Rayquaza because of the shiny frames etc or should I continue soft reseting and I will eventually get it.
    I know this has been answered before but I want to make sure that I don't waste my time. (I have seen people get it though with 10k SR and dead battery)
    My ID is 43216 if it means anything and I have no idea about my SID
    Current Shinies : (Ruby) (Sapphire) (Leaf Green) (Soul Silver) (Platinum)
    Previously Owned Shinies :

Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637 LastLast