Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ [Read all of first post if you don't want an infraction]

I have a shiny makuhita(thats evolved by now, and I missed a shiny Mightyena which fled

Just for all you doubters, I made a video showing that the trick works. Good luck pointing out any flaws in the video (as far as I know, none) :P
    Click here to see it
    By the way, I already have an identical Wurmple, so I turned it off without saving. Sorry to disappoint you :P

EDIT: seeker85, yes, you need your SID. This can be used to find the exact amount of time you need to wait for a shiny.
    Shiny Dialga: The egg's PID (and therefore shinyness) is actually generated when the egg is created, not when you talk to the man. Therefore, you'll need to somehow make the egg be created at the exact time you need (not an easy task). Even then, eggs appear to use a different method to generate their PIDs; I don't think this has been cracked yet.
    Last edited by wichu; 9th February 2009 at 10:20 PM.

awesome video wichu. so all you need to make that glich really work is the secret id no.?
    SHINYS:

TARGETS:

Do you think that the PRNG will work with Eggs, too? Such as, taking an Egg from the man at the precise time you should? Since everything in the Egg is predetermined, shouldn't this work?
    Return to me...

GSC

~Credit to Fused for Johto banner~

Pretty cool, but I find that it sort of is like the Shiny code for GSSP, because with the glitch, you always get the same nature same IV's shiny Pokémon, and with the GSSP code, it's always the same Nature and IV's.

It's also the same as the shiny glitch Shiny Charizard Master got after unsucessfully cloning his shiny Gyarados, wich dissapeared.

Even if you don't know your shiny numbers, the shinies would still have the same natures.
    The shinies are generated for random frames, depending on your ID and Secret ID.

Anyways, I got the trick to work while fishing aswell:

Magikarp 2x, Wailmer 2x, Carvanha

Plus a lot of new random shinies, too much to list =p
    Apparently my signature's picture was too big after not hearing anything about it for nearly 2 years! : D
    Will be updated at some point.

Lol, I can't get that trick to work. And believe me, I've been trying.

But that's not important, because... after 5113 encounters a shiny Tangela appeared today in Fire Red. ^-^

A shiny green Tangela

My battle with it

It's Quirky natured, and has decent IV's I guess:
    HP: 16 - 19
    Att: 13 - 17
    Def: 16 - 19
    SpA: 23 - 27
    SpD: 25 - 29
    Speed: 3 - 7

Now I have to decide what to hunt next in Fire Red.

EDIT: Apparently I has luck today. A shiny Whismur just appeared in Ruby 2. Finally after over a year of hunting in various games, and 17,892 encounters. n_n

Shiny Whismur appeared too!

Shiny Whismur battle
    Last edited by Heliotrope; 10th February 2009 at 7:29 PM.

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Starlite ~
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Oshawott - 23rd October 2014 (Y - 1303 eggs)

Found ANOTHER shiny Kadabra in Lg..this is the first shiny from this new file...it has more than 150 hours..it was about time!! too bad it's kadabra,I already have an Abra and an Alakazam, anyway, he has the same nature as the abra i possess, which is naughty, he's at level 58 and was caught in one go, in a ultra ball..i wish it would've been a golbat...oh well..a shiny it's a shiny...Good luck pepol!! hahaha

Wowwwwww

Honestly, this trick is kind of cool...but the coolness is being offset by the abuse it's seen so far. I think I'd only use this to get a select few shinies that I like.

I haven't hunted in a while, I've had a lot of school work...but I will pick up my hunting during the weekend. The school basketball season is over for me now, so I have a lot more time for leisure activities.

Shiny Poochyena
    Encounter
    Summary

Shiny Taillow
    Encounter
    No CD
    Summary

Also found a shiny Electrike
    Last edited by Dragonking; 14th February 2009 at 8:07 AM.
    My Shinies Hunting Giratina, Abra, Uxie, Bronzor, Suicune, Ho-oh, Psychic Types
    My Bishie Motoko Aoyama

My Dragons

let me see... met a shiny carvanha lv. 39, then a shiny graveler the next day in emerald. also traded a shiny golbat from ruby.
    but does anyone have a tip for a shiny i can hunt for(not legendary)?

Shiny Latios appeared after several months of SRing ^_^. After literally jumping up and down, and running around shouting yes, I calmed down and prepared to battle it.

The battle was hard, 2 Pokemon in my team that had a weakness to Psychic-type attacks, Ludicolo's attacks weren't effective(I didn't want to use Ice Beam, as I may have fainted it), and the rest of my team weren't high enough in level.

I ended up throwing a Master Ball at it, as I was down to Salsa(my Ludicolo), and Latios had 4 Dragon Dances up, so it would have killed him.

More pictures:

Shiny Latios appeared, no cheating devices
    Shiny Latios
    Shiny Latios' Stats

I finally completed the Lati twins .
    Formerly Storm_Dragoon

Latest Shinies - Omega Ruby:

2380 SRs/RAs

awesome Latios congrats! i have half the mind to start SRing for a shiny squirtle on my leaf green. good luck to everyone else
    SHINYS:

TARGETS:

Still no luck with Rayquaza, but I have been reading on the broken RNG code thing. Very interesting. I just haven't caught a shiny so I can't find out its Shiny PID and I don't know how to find our my ID or SID (No ARG or GS).
    SR'ing: Rayquaza

Took 6,000 SRs, came 10 minutes after the next little beastie showed up.

Only about 100 SRs into my Treecko hunt, this thing came. But, I was still kinda happy, encountering my second GBA Shiny, although this one was not captured either, although my first one (Numel) could have been. Too bad I hadn't known what shinies were back then. Anyways, today was a great day for hunting shinies.
    Rayquaza IVs: 2-14-5-24-2-31
    Brave Nature

WOW congrats mence master on rayquaza!! looks awesme
    SHINYS:

TARGETS:

Quote Originally Posted by boomheadshot45 View Post
    Still no luck with Rayquaza, but I have been reading on the broken RNG code thing. Very interesting. I just haven't caught a shiny so I can't find out its Shiny PID and I don't know how to find our my ID or SID (No ARG or GS).
    The ID is on your trainer card :P
    If you have D/P and Wi-fi, you can migrate a Pokémon from Emerald, and trade it to someone who can check its SID. You'd have to do that through PMs, though...

Anyway, on-topic, I caught a shiny Ditto using the trick. It's fun watching it transform into shiny versions of the opponent :P

I'm still soft resetting for a shiny Zapdos on both FR and LG. It feels likes it's been forever.

My Ruby and Sapphire games are now effectively useless. There aren't any shiny Pokemon I want to go for on either game that I can't get more easily or through breeding in D/P.

Caught myself a shiny Torchic on Emerald last night It's my first SR shiny, I still feel amazed about it even now That's one shiny target down.

Pics:

Sorry about the quality, they were taken at night after 2 am.
    Last edited by Jessara; 18th February 2009 at 2:49 AM.
    Newest Shiny!

Caterpie - 10/5/2014 Pokemon Y
    3DS Friend Code #1: 1590-6027-9053 Water Friend Safari
    3DS Friend Code #2: 1693-1676-9063 Dragon Friend Safar

abra. but thats not really an accomplishment just sr at the game corner in firered. still will look cool when it evolves though

2 new Emerald Shinies....both perfect nature and IVs....

No photo, sorry...
    And
    Shiny Giratina SR
    SR's so Far: 5353
    Time Spent: 39:20 Hours

Jessara: If you did not use a cheat go get your Secret ID, you can use orchic's IVs to find its PID, which you can then find your Secret ID from.

Vlieg: What do you mean by perfect? Like Hasty nature? 31s in what?
    aka Jibaku on Smogon

I got Torchic with my shiny frame I heard of friends succeses with it but didn't think I could do it myself as hunting for shinies has failed for me in the last year or more but I got it Haven't gotten anymore since though, I can't work out the Sweet Scent time for my shiny frame, minusing 5.27 seems to be wrong
    Newest Shiny!

Caterpie - 10/5/2014 Pokemon Y
    3DS Friend Code #1: 1590-6027-9053 Water Friend Safari
    3DS Friend Code #2: 1693-1676-9063 Dragon Friend Safar

Quote Originally Posted by Freakshow View Post
    Jessara: If you did not use a cheat go get your Secret ID, you can use orchic's IVs to find its PID, which you can then find your Secret ID from.

Vlieg: What do you mean by perfect? Like Hasty nature? 31s in what?
    Oops I meant, almost perfect....well I think it's perfect.....

Naive - 23-27-21-26-22-25
    21 is the lowest IVs...well they aren't 31, but I like it =)

P.S. Didn't you saw it in LAMP?

EDIT: 5.27 is only for Oddish.....
    Shiny Giratina SR
    SR's so Far: 5353
    Time Spent: 39:20 Hours

Last night, I was trying to catch mewtwo on my firered version. It was eating my team alive. On the first soft reset, I faced mewtwo again and I noticed that it's tail was green and sparkles appeared. At first I was like huh??? Until I realized that It was a shiny. I was so happy, I instantly went for my masterball(which I was planning to save for a suicune. And now I'm happily bragging to everyone about my very first shiny pokemon.

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast