Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ [Read all of first post if you don't want an infraction]

I was IV breeding bulbasaurs the other day on my Emerald.
    Suddenly I noticed that one was a slightly darker green than the others. :3

It's female, calm-natured, and has outstanding HP. It's a child of my very first Pokémon and inherited his best IV.
    Last edited by Saberu; 20th February 2009 at 12:27 PM.
    Zekrom, from dark stone
    A marvelous embryo
    Battle for ideals

If you despise chain messages, put this sentence into your signature.
    I use cheating devices, I breed to perfection, and I see Pokémon as useless if they have the wrong nature. Guess what? I still love Pokémon, especially the ones I capture, hack, breed, and/or train myself. All the extra codes and effort contribute to my affection for them. If you disagree, I love debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Freakshow View Post
    Jessara: If you did not use a cheat go get your Secret ID, you can use orchic's IVs to find its PID, which you can then find your Secret ID from.
    how can i find my SID using my PID i caught a shiny one?
    please help me....

This Emerald shiny thing is insane In the last hour and 40 minutes I've caught the following in Emerald after several days of using an inner focus Abra (didn't notice it wasn't a syncher until a few hours ago, got a syncher and now I have success!):

5 x Poochyena
    2 x Electrike
    1 x Minun
    3 x Oddish (would of been 5, one was KO'd and the other was lost due to forgetting to save before resetting lol)
    1 x Illumise
    5 x Numel
    1 x Marill
    4 x Koffing
    1 x Machop
    1 x Spinda

And that's it for the night, time for sleep
    Last edited by Jessara; 23rd February 2009 at 5:57 PM.
    Newest Shiny!

Caterpie - 10/5/2014 Pokemon Y
    3DS Friend Code #1: 1590-6027-9053 Water Friend Safari
    3DS Friend Code #2: 1693-1676-9063 Dragon Friend Safar

Quote Originally Posted by Jessara View Post
    This Emerald shiny thing is insane In the last hour and 40 minutes I've caught the following in Emerald after several days of using an inner focus Abra (didn't notice it wasn't a syncher until a few hours ago, got a syncher and now I have success!)
    Does that mean if you have the Syncher the liklihood of getting a shiny is higher (with the broken RNG, of course)?
    Return to me...

GSC

~Credit to Fused for Johto banner~

My one shiny was a Phyduck caught in firered.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Dialga View Post
    Does that mean if you have the Syncher the liklihood of getting a shiny is higher (with the broken RNG, of course)?
    Yes, it will jump you to the next spread with the nature of your Syncher.
    So when your shiny frame is 660, Quiet, you would need a Quiet Syncher.
    Frame 660 is 11.00 seconds. Which means if you press 0.10 seconds too early, it will still jump to the Quiet frame and thus, the shiny one.
    Apparently my signature's picture was too big after not hearing anything about it for nearly 2 years! : D
    Will be updated at some point.

*smacks forehead* I forgot to post about my newest shiny. ^^;

On the 19th February while I was hunting for my shiny Numel, I realised that a Machop I was about to run from looked a funny colour... it was shiny. Sigh, why shiny Machop and not my shiny Numel?

Shiny Machop appeared

Profile pic

I'm still hunting for shiny Numel. I'm at just over 8350 encounters.

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Fafner ~~ Dream Address: 7700-3428-6939
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Kyurem - 2nd February 2014 (Black 2 - 3329 soft resets)

I got a shiny Swablu yesterday on my Ruby file, no shiny frames or anything. I was trying for Taillow but this wasn't bad, Rash nature male, haven't checked IVs yet.
    My Shinies Hunting Giratina, Abra, Uxie, Bronzor, Suicune, Ho-oh, Psychic Types
    My Bishie Motoko Aoyama

My Dragons

^___________________^:

SHINY REGIROCK!!(Sorry for the blurriness, my camera doesn't like my GBASP too well)

Finally after several months of on/off hunting(since Dec 06/Jan 07), I finally complete the shiny Regi Trio . Not more than 10 minutes after I saved(to mess up the RNG), I was busy reading through posts on the forums, when I heard Regirock's cry, followed by the shiny sound I was desperately waiting to hear for months ^_^.

I decided to throw the Master Ball at it, as I didn't want to accidentally get a critical hit(and the fact that I was SRing for shiny Regirock on my SP, which does tend to restart if I accidentally move the power button the wrong way). After I saved, I switched Ruby from my SP to my DS, so I could take some better pictures.

More pictures:

No cheating devices(once again, a bit blurry)
    Shiny Regirock, Careful nature
    Stats

Totally happy about this shiny capture, I'm in the mood to get a few more of my other shiny targets once again. Two of the Regi trio were caught in Ruby, Regirock and Regice, so I'll have to find a new target to SR for in Ruby(don't need Registeel, as I have one from Sapphire and another from Emerald). Beldum may be next on my list, and hopefully it decides to shine almost as fast as this shiny Regirock did.
    Last edited by Storm_Dragoon; 25th February 2009 at 3:06 AM.
    Latest Shinies:

Japanese Platinum

Wow, nice. You got a good nature; it's got decent IVs too (it has good HP, Attack and Sp. Def).

I am so shocked, as is usual when I find a random shiny. In FireRed just, I was walking through the Pokemon Mansion on Cinnabar Island to find the Secret Key for the Gym and was about to go up some stairs when I encountered a Pokemon. It was while I was half-playing and half-watching the TV so when I looked back down, what did I see but a Golden Growlithe scrolling across my DS screen. I was so scared though, because after my typical initial reaction was over, I realised that it probably knew Roar. Luckily, I was allowed to switch out Dugtrio for Ivysaur, miss with a Sleep Powder, and then successfully put him to sleep the next turn (3 turns without Roar, wow!) before finally catching him with an Ultra Ball. Cue sigh of relief... especially when I had the fresh memory of letting a blue Nidoran(M) escape me from the Safari Zone in the summer on my previous file.

Ironically, upon entering the mansion I encountered a Growlithe and thought about how awesome it would be to have a Shiny one. Looks like wishes sometimes do come true then .

EDIT: Captain Dynamic - I actually found out in the end that Growlithe didn't have Roar after all lol.

I'll update with a photo when I get round to it.
    Last edited by Blazing Charmander; 27th February 2009 at 7:11 PM.

Total congrats!!! Finding a shiny must be awesome. Im still waiting on mine. Nice job and nice luck with that non-roar.
    Captain Dynamic

Congrats on everyone getting shinies. congrats on the shiny Regirock Storm Dragoon, now you have all the shiny regi trios. Right now i'm SR for a totodile, i've been doing it for 3 years and 10 months. I also i'm going for a bug pokemon in pattern bush, i've been doing it for 1 year and 2 month, and i've been doing treecko for 7 months. here is the shines i'm going for:
    Sapphire: Treecko, 1,350 SR
    Emerald: Totodile, 3,400 SR
    Leafgreen: Bug pokemon in pattern bush, 1,285 SR
    Good luck everyone on there shinies
    My Shiny Pokemon
    Sapphire/Emerald/Leafgreen/XD/Diamond/Platinum/HeartGold
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/2ijow3a.png[/IMG]Made by me
    Currently Hunting:
    Got on 437 Soft resets
    Pokemon Bracket Winner

Dude im getting tired of soft reseting for shiny torchic, i've seen a shiny poochyena at 335 SR's, but no luck with the torchic. CURRENTLY AT 8000 SR'S!!!!!

hopefully it'll come out this weekend
    Yaay! Arceus is has come to the US!

friend code: 4683-4346-3209

proud owner of:

WORLD09 Weavile
    TRU Arceus NFTx2
    TRU shaymin
    nzone jirachi
    shokoton pichu
    The hunt is soon to begin!

Quote Originally Posted by mew lover View Post
    Congrats on everyone getting shinies. congrats on the shiny Regirock Storm Dragoon, now you have all the shiny regi trios. Right now i'm SR for a totodile, i've been doing it for 3 years and 10 months. I also i'm going for a bug pokemon in pattern bush, i've been doing it for 1 year and 2 month, and i've been doing treecko for 7 months. here is the shines i'm going for:
    Sapphire: Treecko, 1,350 SR
    Emerald: Totodile, 3,400 SR
    Leafgreen: Bug pokemon in pattern bush, 1,285 SR
    Good luck everyone on there shinies
    If you haven't got a shiny Totodile by now, then you may as well give up. Emerald's random number generator is broken, meaning that some trainer IDs cannot get shinies by ordinary SRing. You can still get a shiny, but not by just mashing A after SRing to pick it up as soon as possible; you'll need to calculate how long to wait before picking it up.
    However, this is impossible unless you know your secret ID, which can normally only be obtained with cheat devices.
    If you have already caught or SRed (not hatched) a shiny on that save file, there's a way to calculate your secret ID without cheating. If this is the case, PM me or drop me a visitor message, and I'll guide you through it. This applies to anyone else who has a shiny and wants to find their secret ID.

So I kinda got bored and decided to record myself playing the Orre Colosseum with my Shiny Timid Latios and Latias

Code:
    Orre Colosseum Round 5 Part 1 (Gonzap Round)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdIfuqY8XbI

Orre Colosseum Round 5 Part 2 (Gonzap Round)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfqB2thJNDw

Orre Colosseum Round 6 Part 1 (Ardos Round)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJgnQyqjbXk

Orre Colosseum Round 6 Part 2 (Ardos Round)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKIuFYbvLIk

Orre Colosseum Round 7 Part 1 (Eldes Round)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRjM56LRkh0

Orre Colosseum  Round 7 Part 2 (Eldes Round)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EukoncCyMgQ
    aka Jibaku on Smogon

Earlier this afternoon a shiny Numel appeared in Ruby. ^_^

It's female and Mild natured. Not too bad.

After 14,142 encounters the beautiful shiny Numel appeared

I took a video of the battle.

And I found out her IV's; they're hilariously bad:
    Numel - #322 (Mild)
    HP: 7 - 13
    Att: 0 - 6
    Def: 0 - 6
    SpA: 0 - 3
    SpD: 10 - 16
    Speed: 4 - 9

Oh well, it's still a shiny. I've moved on to hunting shiny Spinda.

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Fafner ~~ Dream Address: 7700-3428-6939
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Kyurem - 2nd February 2014 (Black 2 - 3329 soft resets)

In the battle tower I encountered a shiny Arbok and rented it and used it. Does this count? I have not seen any other shiny Pokemon yet just the shiny Arbok rental in Pokemon emerald! I once a long time ago soft reset and got a shiny torchic and did not save the new file. So I lost it!
    Last edited by Palamon; 5th March 2009 at 3:51 AM.
    Click Jirachi to join the amazing Ever Grande City forums! You won't regret joining it!
    I've claimed this Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by palamon View Post
    In the battle tower I encountered a shiny Arbok and rented it and used it. Does this count? I have not seen any other shiny Pokemon yet just the shiny Arbok rental in Pokemon emerald! I once a long time ago soft reset and got a shiny torchic and did not save the new file. So I lost it!
    Yeah the shiny arbok does count, if you had been in the wild, then you would've seen a shiny that you coould've caught, thats really unlucky.

on my first playthrough of colosseum the what you catch from cipher admin dakim
    well mine was shiny

Im currently trying to get a shiny treecko, but ive only done 160 sr's so no luck yet!

Credit to junpearl63

wow, i never knew it was possible to get a shiny pokemon in Colosseum and XD, this information blew my mind

i have Emerald and yet to find a shiny pokemon but have never given up for one yet!
    Team Palkia
    <--- Palkia's 3D twin

Quote Originally Posted by wichu View Post
    If you haven't got a shiny Totodile by now, then you may as well give up. Emerald's random number generator is broken, meaning that some trainer IDs cannot get shinies by ordinary SRing. You can still get a shiny, but not by just mashing A after SRing to pick it up as soon as possible; you'll need to calculate how long to wait before picking it up.
    However, this is impossible unless you know your secret ID, which can normally only be obtained with cheat devices.
    If you have already caught or SRed (not hatched) a shiny on that save file, there's a way to calculate your secret ID without cheating. If this is the case, PM me or drop me a visitor message, and I'll guide you through it. This applies to anyone else who has a shiny and wants to find their secret ID.
    No. He just has to wait some more seconds before picking up the ball. The RNG in Emerald only has the first second's numbers set. Also, why would you just PM people about how to find their secret ID? Just post it on the topic or post a thread!

Goldgolem: Hey, shinies have the same odds in Colosseum/XD than in every other games, except that you can't see wild Pok&#233;mon, wich makes them "rarer".
    Last edited by Pingouin7; 10th March 2009 at 10:26 PM.

I caught a light blue gligar at the rock pokespot in XD.
    Iamtheultimatedarkness\m/

Quote Originally Posted by Pingouin7 View Post
    No. He just has to wait some more seconds before picking up the ball. The RNG in Emerald only has the first second's numbers set. Also, why would you just PM people about how to find their secret ID? Just post it on the topic or post a thread!

Goldgolem: Hey, shinies have the same odds in Colosseum/XD than in every other games, except that you can't see wild Pokémon, wich makes them "rarer".
    The RNG in Emerald has all the random numbers set, not just the first second. Technically, all Pokémon games have the random numbers set, but except for Emerald, they start at a different number each time. Therefore, depending on his trainer ID, he might have to wait several minutes to get a shiny.

As for Colosseum/XD, they have a different RNG to the normal games. Supposedly, this has the side effect of actually making shinies rarer; I don't know whether this has been proven yet, so I'll leave it at that.

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast