Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ [Read all of first post if you don't want an infraction]

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyFufu View Post
    On August 5th, I got a shiny Charmander. It took 12,027 soft resets.

Spoiler:- Pics:

Here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXFj2ny5Uz8
    Once again you amaze me. I got the 3 kanto starters before you and am now currently going for another charmander but here you go getting those three plus another charmander. not to mention you got the nature I was hoping for (its pokemon manga related). props man.

Made by aclover
    Brawl FC: 3136-6444-1040
    pm me if interested

About 3 hours ago, I found a shiny Golbat while on my way to the E4 in Victory Road. I've found 2 shiny Zubats, and 2 shiny Golbats now lol. What's awesome though is that one of the Zubats got deleted (save file corrupted) the day after I found it, and it was a jolly nature. And this Golbat has a jolly nature too!
    You can see my shiny Pokemon videos by visiting my YouTube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/Shephard922

i only found one shiny in ruby, i was just starting a new game as i was about to leave the hometown for 50th time a shiny Zigzagoon appeared.
    Check Out My Channel
    http://www.youtube.com/user/llcooljosh777

rate and comment

I just got a shiny torchic in ruby after watching the shiny hunter Green Celebi videos I decided I might as well restart all my pokemon games Im not playing with and see if I can get lucky so I started ruby first. After one reset it was a shiny torchic.

Last week tuesday i got a shiny voltorb after about 11,000 encounters. Sassy nature, which is horrible, but at least it is shiny. Here is the vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsixOqnGgWA

i got a shiny zubat a week ago
    3ds 0860-3328-3384
    [IMG]http://i55.*******.com/zx4emh.png[/IMG]

finally got my first shiny. restarted my ruby and got a treecko, after about a day of restarts.

My first 3rd generation shiny was Eevee, took roughly 25 soft resets

Default masuda

can you use the masuda method in emerald?cause i have a japanese pokemon fire red...
    i will trade...if its posible
    Last edited by Ash^_^; 29th August 2009 at 8:02 AM.

I got a shiny Bulbasaur in FireRed last night after about 35000 SR's. It has a Jolly nature, a bit better than my first shiny Bulbasaur(who is Quirky). I will be EV training and evolving this shiny Bulbasaur, but I'll keep it as a Bulbasaur for now.

Still hunting for a shiny Slugma in LeafGreen, unsure of my exact count. Really hoping that it doesn't take too much longer to shine.
    Latest Shinies - Black2:

47849 SRs!

Shiny's I have from Emerald (legit all)

Meganium (when I beat the dex and chose it, I kept restarting until I got it shiny)
    Machamp (Traded from Fire Red, found it as a machop)
    Mightyeena
    Tentacruel
    Goldbat (cloned the Goldbat before making it a Crobat)
    Crobat (lv 100 good moves and battling stats)
    Shiftry (lv 100)
    Golem

(Not Legit lol)
    Kyogre lv 20 >_>
    Latios lv 34 >_>
    Milotic

I also have a Darkrai but that is on Pearl, these pokes are on Pearl as well but I got them in the third generation.
    [CENTER]

Has anyone gotten a shiny by Soft Reset in Ruby/Sapphire that had there internal battery run dry? I am interested because I am at nearly 3000 SRs for Kyogre and I heard a rumor that you can't get shinnies in a game that had it's internal battery run dry.
    Want a custom recolored pokemon sprite, then leave a comment on my profile.

Quote Originally Posted by jbtenseventeen View Post
    Has anyone gotten a shiny by Soft Reset in Ruby/Sapphire that had there internal battery run dry? I am interested because I am at nearly 3000 SRs for Kyogre and I heard a rumor that you can't get shinnies in a game that had it's internal battery run dry.
    From what I understand, Ruby and Sapphire use the internal clock to create the initial seed. However in the case of an RS cart where the battery has run dry or been removed, it apparently becomes like Emerald in that it will always start with the same seed when you load the game.

If this is correct, then unless there happens to be a Shiny spread in an early frame for the seed you are stuck with, you probably won't have much luck succeeding.

@ _Suicune_ (below): There should be a blue screen message that appears when you load the game, which states something along the lines of "The internal battery has run dry. The game can be played. However, clock-based events will no longer occur".
    Last edited by halcyonXlll; 1st September 2009 at 8:50 AM.
    3DS Friend Code
    Halcyon: 3995-6536-7994

Quote Originally Posted by halcyonXlll View Post
    From what I understand, Ruby and Sapphire use the internal clock to create the initial seed. However in the case of an RS cart where the battery has run dry or been removed, it apparently becomes like Emerald in that it will always start with the same seed when you load the game.

If this is correct, then unless there happens to a Shiny spread in an early frame for the seed you are stuck with, you probably won't have much luck succeeding.

How would you be able to tell if the internal battery has run dry?

@halcyonXlll: Thank you for explaining!
    Last edited by _Suicune_; 1st September 2009 at 9:31 AM.
    Shiny hunting, and looking for rareball females.

FC: 4356-0559-7543 IGN: Serena

Current hunt: Shiny CherishBall Events

Will do dex trades upon request.
    PM if you need one.

i only had one shiny in emerald, it was a poochyena that i found in the rainy route,
    i can't remember what nature it had bacause i lost my copy of emerald
    I want your love and I want your revenge
    You and me could write a bad romance
    I want your love and all your lover's revenge
    You and me could write a bad romance
    Lady GaGa, Bad Romance

Quote Originally Posted by halcyonXlll View Post

If this is correct, then unless there happens to be a Shiny spread in an early frame for the seed you are stuck with, you probably won't have much luck succeeding.

@ _Suicune_ (below): There should be a blue screen message that appears when you load the game, which states something along the lines of "The internal battery has run dry. The game can be played. However, clock-based events will no longer occur".
    EDIT: I found 3 RNG Clones, guess I did 3000+ SRs on Kyogre for nothing.
    Last edited by jbtenseventeen; 1st September 2009 at 9:58 AM.

I thought the internal bettery was suppose to last 10 years? And if the battery runs dry, then basically your RS cart turns into an Emerald in the sense that it uses RNG frames and seeds at Zero every restart?
    Main Hunt
    Darkrai...15 Resets
    Tangela - 9100 Encounters (*2424 )
    My Shinies Youtube Account
    Other/Future/Halted/Unmotivated Hunts:
    Groudon (Ruby) (100 Soft Resets)
    Regigigas? (D) (200 SResets)
    Abra - 3639 Abras -lost motivation after getting 6 from chaining lol
    Torchic 224 SReset (R)
    Bulbasaur - est1055 SR

R/S use RNG frames anyway, they just don't seed at 0. Some copies of R/S had faulty internal batteries, making them last only a couple of years.

Oh, and since your battery has run dry, could you help confirm the theory that it becomes like Emerald? Just SR a few times, catching a Pokémon (legendary?) as soon as you start it up, and post its IVs (use Metalkid's calculator with a few Rare Candies). I want to see if the RNG does actually seed at 0.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyManic! View Post
    I thought the internal bettery was suppose to last 10 years? And if the battery runs dry, then basically your RS cart turns into an Emerald in the sense that it uses RNG frames and seeds at Zero every restart?
    Quote Originally Posted by wichu View Post
    R/S use RNG frames anyway, they just don't seed at 0. Some copies of R/S had faulty internal batteries, making them last only a couple of years.

Oh, and since your battery has run dry, could you help confirm the theory that it becomes like Emerald? Just SR a few times, catching a Pokémon (legendary?) as soon as you start it up, and post its IVs (use Metalkid's calculator with a few Rare Candies). I want to see if the RNG does actually seed at 0.
    The RNG method seems ALOT easier if you happen to have a R/S that has it's clock run dry (which I have a Ruby that has it's clock run dry). I wish I knew how to do it. I'd LOVE a MODEST, Shiney, legit Groudon with Good IV's. If someone wants to let me in on how to do it correctly, I'd gladly clone it for you.

In other news...I caught a shiny in Leaf Green. It was completely by accedent. It's a Naive Poliwhirl.

About two years ago, I was searching for a Heracross on my Fire Red, when a Shiny Pidgey showed up. I didn't know about shinies at the time, and the Shiny Pidgey looked similar to a regular Pidgey. I was preparing to Thunderpunch it, when I noticed stars flying around it. I wanted to see what they were for, so I threw a Masterball at it (I was planning to reset after I fiigured out what was up). It was then that I noticed the golden tint on it. I Googled it, and learned all about Shiny Pokemon. I was immediately infatuated by them. I quickly headed to Diglett cave to hunt for a Shiny Diglett, and found one about two weeks later. Soon Diamond & Pearl came out, so I ditched any other attempts at finding Shinies in a 3rd Gen game.

I never found a Heracross.
    Currently Hunting:
    -Shiny Beldum

Quote Originally Posted by wichu View Post

I already tested it, and it just gives out RNG clones. I found four Hasty Kyogres with the same IV's.

Quote Originally Posted by jeyre80 View Post
    I'd LOVE a MODEST, Shiney, legit Groudon with Good IV's. If someone wants to let me in on how to do it correctly, I'd gladly clone it for you.
    Hum... May I ask?
    Why Modest nature?
    That's the worst nature for Groudon.
    Last edited by Pingouin7; 2nd September 2009 at 1:11 AM.

so if my internal battery died and I got a shiny (rayquaza), does that mean that i can get shinies with relative ease? What about if I started the game over?

Made by aclover
    Brawl FC: 3136-6444-1040
    pm me if interested

Quote Originally Posted by Pingouin7 View Post
    Hum... May I ask?
    Why Modest nature?
    That's the worst nature for Groudon.
    I already have Jolly, Adamant, Timid, Hasty, and Naive all with 20+ IV's in all stats. I just wanna playtest it with 4th gen movesets (Eruption, Earth Power, Solar Beam and something else...I'm not sure yet).

Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast