Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ [Read all of first post if you don't want an infraction]

Quote Originally Posted by Completely Insanity View Post
    If your Ruby/Sapphire's internal battery is dry, then your game's RNG basically acts the same way as Emerald's RNG. I don't recommend shiny hunting on that game either unless you know if you have an early shiny frame. And you can find out your frames using your Secret ID, but to do that, you need either some kind of external device (you know) or a shiny you have already caught. This will give you all you need to know about the RNG.

Fuuuuu D8
    Guess I might as well read up on it, because until they remake Hoenn, My emerald will just have to do x3

Although, my first save I had over 500+ hours on it and found a shiny Ladyba in the Safari zone. Must have had a bad frame on that game xD

EDIT: Oh dear god it has a lot of math in it @_@ I give up at the mention of math, as I can't do the simplest equations. Well, I hope they remake Hoenn soon for the DS and fix the RNG thing x3
    Last edited by Atome; 10th April 2011 at 7:34 PM.

Current MM hunt

(Quilladin/Ivysaur/Tangela)
    Message me if you want to swap FCs!

Quote Originally Posted by Atome View Post
    I just restarted my emerald too, my favorite region ever, but it's really that hard? Wow, my ruby's internal battery is gone, is that one a better choice to shiny hunt on or no? How would I find out my frames on the game? ouo
    I think you can replace your ruby's internal battery. Look up a tutorial on how to do it first.
    My shiny pokemon. ☆
    Random:
    Masuda:
    Events:

Rumble:←(demo) R.I.P...

Yea, I restarted my Emerald too, and I was really disappointed about this 'Broken RNG'. But hey, we can still SR for a shiny starter (maybe it's a bit harder than normal SRing, but WE can do that - I reccomend shinycollector7s guide). I'm waiting for a remake too.
    Latest Shiny:

April 6th/2011

Quote Originally Posted by Pitero View Post
    Yea, I restarted my Emerald too, and I was really disappointed about this 'Broken RNG'. But hey, we can still SR for a shiny starter (maybe it's a bit harder than normal SRing, but WE can do that - I reccomend shinycollector7s guide). I'm waiting for a remake too.

I'm just going to start over a few times and transfer my starter to my HG, then to White. I have a Jap Ditto, so time to MM XD i would love some remakes of Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald soon though, my favorite region :3

Current MM hunt

Congrats ShinyFuFu on your shiny Golbat, seems like a shiny every hunter should have. :}

The remakes will probably take another couple years to come out, so I wouldn't put too much faith in them yet. The Masuda Method is great though until then, plus you can get good natures and egg moves which are always a bonus. And yeah, Gen III is really cool, I don't understand all the hate over it. I especially love shiny hunting in my GBA games because it's disconnected to the Wi-fi world so they feel much rarer.
    Call me Flan.
        Spoiler:- SHINIES:

That just how I feel with my GBA games. That's why i wanted to try on Emerald, but my Fire Red should do nicely till then x3

Current MM hunt

It is definitely LOADS more difficult getting a shiny in Emerald because it works on a broken, fixed PRNG. It's hard for me to explain but it's not worth shiny hunting on Emerald unless you know you have an early shiny frame, because otherwise you will NEVER get a shiny. It's much better to shiny hunt on R/S (if the internal battery is still alive) because the PRNG is still random and not fixed.
    But since the PRNG is broken, this makes it just so much easier to get a shiny in Emerald.

I have a question, does the fact that the internal battery is run out affect shiny hunting?
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/2r40gt0.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i48.*******.com/j0wppv.jpg[/IMG]
    ~Shiny Card~
    If You're Interested in Shiny Hunting, Check Out Shiny Hunters United!

Quote Originally Posted by rykerr1 View Post
    I have a question, does the fact that the internal battery is run out affect shiny hunting?
    Look up, just a few posts above yours.

If your Ruby/Sapphire's internal battery is dry, then your game's RNG basically acts the same way as Emerald's RNG. I don't recommend shiny hunting on that game either unless you know if you have an early shiny frame. And you can find out your frames using your Secret ID, but to do that, you need either some kind of external device (you know) or a shiny you have already caught. This will give you all you need to know about the RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Pingouin7 View Post
    But since the PRNG is broken, this makes it just so much easier to get a shiny in Emerald.
    That's pretty true, but I'm sure a lot of people don't like having RNG clones and it takes away the fun of hunting. It depends on the person, I guess. To each his own. I would only do it for competitive shinies or for shinies like Mew.
    Call me Flan.

Congrats ShinyFuFu on your shiny Golbat, seems like a shiny every hunter should have. :}
    That's definitely true for me. I got 2 of them in HeartGold last St. Patrick day. I also have a shiny Zubat from emerald. I kind of hoping for a shiny Crobat in black. Just so I can say I've gotten a random shiny of each pokemon in a species. Then again, I would rather want something else. :P
    My shiny pokemon. ☆
    Random:
    Masuda:
    Events:

I got another shiny on my JP Ruby after 5,421 RE's on route 111, in the pond to be exact.^^

The green colour is pretty, huh?
    I love this kind of shiny colour. One of my faves.
    I was gonna evolve this into shiny Azumarill, but why it becomes yellow? '_';

Spoiler:- More green:

My next hunt will be something unchainable. Well, unless my target misses.

Good luck everyone.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Wee... Poison slide at my gym...

Pokegyms Fairy Leader

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

3gen shiny Marill! Great
    My current shiny hunting progress...

- [Pt] Eevee for Leafeon, Flower Paradise, Matsuda Method - 172MM's..
    - [Pt] Gastly, Old Chateau - 4200RE's..
    - [Pt] Cresselia, for Route 210 - 2005SR's..
    - [SS] Raikou/Entei, for Route 44 - 228SR's..
    - [SS] Absol, Sinjoh Ruins, Matsuda Method - 910MM's..
    - [SS] Koffing, Burned Tower - 2505RE's..
    - [SS] Abra, Goldenrod City - 4550x5SR's..

LAST TIME PROGRESSED

------------------------
    LAST TIME OWNED:
    (2011.11.29) (BLK 5742 RE's) [Route 16] Brave
        Spoiler:- NOMAD'S SHINY CARD #001:

Swapped my friend a Leaf Green for a working Sapphire. SRing for Torchic, wish me luck eue

Current MM hunt

Trying to Soft Reset for a shiny mudkip so far 2725 SR's but ive seen two shinies...
    Both were shiny Poochyena's
    FML
    Hopefully i will find one soon

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and am really liking it. I am a new shiny hunter and currently have 0 I am working on getting an SR Treecko on Ruby. The thing is, I think I might have a problem.

When I was much younger, I would play Ruby all the time and remember getting a message saying that the internal battery was dry. I learned about shiny pokemon about 5 years after the message and was hoping to get one.

After reading about this RNG thing, I realized that my game might be broken. The thing is, the message no longer pops up but I clearly remember it popping it up before.

I also tried troubleshooting it by installing the BerryPak program from leaf green/fire red (hopefully you guys know what I'm talking about). It said that I didn't need this patch, so does this mean that I don't have a low internal battery after all?

I really need some info because I don't wanna waste time Sring for Treecko. Can you guys give me a tip on how to troubleshoot for a low internal battery, and if you guys think I have one, how to fix it?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by ZeusesWar View Post
    Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and am really liking it. I am a new shiny hunter and currently have 0 I am working on getting an SR Treecko on Ruby. The thing is, I think I might have a problem.

When I was much younger, I would play Ruby all the time and remember getting a message saying that the internal battery was dry. I learned about shiny pokemon about 5 years after the message and was hoping to get one.

After reading about this RNG thing, I realized that my game might be broken. The thing is, the message no longer pops up but I clearly remember it popping it up before.

I also tried troubleshooting it by installing the BerryPak program from leaf green/fire red (hopefully you guys know what I'm talking about). It said that I didn't need this patch, so does this mean that I don't have a low internal battery after all?

I really need some info because I don't wanna waste time Sring for Treecko. Can you guys give me a tip on how to troubleshoot for a low internal battery, and if you guys think I have one, how to fix it?

Thanks,
    Welcome!
    I'm sorta new too.

You're going to have to either replace the eternal battery or get a new game with a working one. You can probably find some videos on how to replace the battery on Youtube. Hope that helps.
    My shiny pokemon. ☆
    Random:
    Masuda:
    Events:

@KingofGames: I don't think you actually read his post.

And ZeusesWar, your game is fine if the message isn't popping up. The BerryPak clarifies it even further - your battery is still alive and working. You'll know immediately when the battery is dry as the message will keep popping up each time you load the game. I don't know about your memory but the facts contradict it.
    Call me Flan.

Could somebody explain whether or not SRing for Starter Shinies is affected by ID in pokemon ruby. Also WHEN Are shiny starters preset is it as soon as you battle with them or what Could somebody explain please
    Still SRing for a shiny Mudkip 3200 SRs so far wish me luck

@KingofGames: I don't think you actually read his post.

And ZeusesWar, your game is fine if the message isn't popping up. The BerryPak clarifies it even further - your battery is still alive and working. You'll know immediately when the battery is dry as the message will keep popping up each time you load the game. I don't know about your memory but the facts contradict it.
    I did read his post. He said he got the "Internal battery has run dry" message. You don't get that message when it's the berry glitch. Infact you don't get any message for it. The berry fix doesn't fix the internal battery if it's run dry. It only fixes the glitch that affects daily event after 100 hour/1 year of the game being played. Sometimes people stop getting the Internal battery messages for a random reason. He probably has a really low internal battery like he said. In which case he needs to replace the battery or buy a new game with a working one.
    My shiny pokemon. ☆
    Random:
    Masuda:
    Events:

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by DarkNuzleaf View Post
    Restarted Ruby looking for a shiny Mudkip, so far been at it for a 2.5 hours and still nothing. In saphire I've got 2x Shiny Tentacool, and one shiny Cacturne from the desert.
    Fire Red, I've got a shiny Magicarp now Gyra. Shiny Poliwag now poliwhirl.

But this Mudkip is getting annoying
    Never had much luck with shinies
    Same I'm SRing for a shiny mudkip but having no luck ive done 3335 SR's
    Ive seen two shinies during this time both were Gold poochyenas my luck with this mudkip is terrible

Thanks for the responses. I still don't know who to trust.

And to add to the info, I got 2 shiny poochyana's while Sring and I'm pretty positive it was about 1000 SR's into the ID.

Oh, yeah, if you think I need a new internal battery, can someone just clarify on ways to troubleshoot or check if I have one?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeusesWar View Post
    Thanks for the responses. I still don't know who to trust.

And to add to the info, I got 2 shiny poochyana's while Sring and I'm pretty positive it was about 1000 SR's into the ID.

Oh, yeah, if you think I need a new internal battery, can someone just clarify on ways to troubleshoot or check if I have one?

Thanks.
    If you found those shiny poochyena recently while SRing for a shiny starter, then the battery is most likely fine.

Since you said you haven't been getting the message. You can make sure by doing some time events like planting berries and waiting for them to grow. If they don't grow and you did the berry fix then you'll need a new battery.

I don't really know much on how to do it. There's probably videos on youtube. I'm pretty sure there's step by step guides on how to do it. Google something like "replacing Ruby/Sapphire's Internal battery.
    My shiny pokemon. ☆
    Random:
    Masuda:
    Events:

Ran into shiny electrike when I was a bit younger and ran away and turned off the game 'cause I thought it was a glitch.

Stuff was kinda cash.

Good news guys, I checked if berries were growing and they did which should mean that my battery isn't low, correct?

Btw, can you soft reset on pokemon crystal (the really old one)? Thanks.

Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast