Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: 3rd Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ [Read all of first post if you don't want an infraction]

Found and caught a Shiny Nidorina in the Safari Zone on Fire Red. It's been over a year since getting a Random Encounter Shiny so I'm very happy with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragalge View Post
    We'll get Mega Flygon/Milotic when Roy gets his job back in SSB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disaster_Lord View Post
    Welcome to the Internet, enjoy your Ridley on smash claims, now with fairy type add on for 20% extra coolness factor.

Well, just grinding in victory road, and to my surprise, shiny golbat appeared! I caught it. its black, and I might upload pictures of it soon.
    (caught it in pokemon ruby)

Couldn't get a pic, but you can see what it looks like in my sig!
    Last edited by Seth pkmn; 29th May 2012 at 6:47 AM.
    Currently playing: Pokemon Ruby Team! (Broken internal battery :C)

Most recent shiny-

I was looking for a high-leveled slowpoke in the safari zone, and along comes a shiny one! Bashful nature, but added to my list of personal shinies. Safari Zone Shinies always scare the heck out of me.
    -Golbat (Did not catch ;_; )
    -Poliwag (Safari Zone)
    -XD Eevee (Random Reset)
    -Slowpoke (Safari Zone)

Caught a shiny Ditto on my FireRed while on break at work the other day. I show it to people, and they be jelly...and then my jelly be them.

Hey, everyone! It's been 4 years or something since I last posted here, so if you don't mind I'm going to reintroduce my shiny collection to you.

I've got 16 shinies (without using that RNG thing and all caught myself):

#1. Bellossom:
    There I was trying to find a Pikachu with Light Ball in Safari Zone, when a strange looking Oddish appears. I didn't know there were different coloured pokemon (apart from Gyarados) back then. Yep, it was a great day.

Spoiler:- Picture:

#2. Aggron:
    As random as Oddish. I thought it was going to use Roar and I didn't have any Master Balls with me. Thankfully, the second Repeat Ball I threw did the work.

#3. Regice:
    Naturally, my obsession with shinies began and I had to start SRing. After about 3,500 SRs, Regice shone.

#4. Mewtwo:
    About 6,000 ~ 7,000 SRs.

#5. Eevee:
    About 3,000 ~ 4,000 SRs.

#6. Swablu:
    About 6,000 ~ 7,000 REs.

#7. Golbat:
    I was training my Shiny Lax Espeon when it appeared. Thanks to Synchronize, it has Lax nature too. Oh, well.

#8. Mudkip:
    About 4,000 ~ 5,000 SRs. Thankfully, no uncatchable shiny appeared before it. (Unlike when SRing for a shiny Treecko, but that's another story...)

#9. Voltorb:
    About 10,000 ~ 12,000 SRs.

#10. Rayquaza:
    About 4,000 ~ 6,000 SRs.

#11. Kyogre:
    About 12,000 ~ 14,000 SRs.

#12. Regirock:
    About 7,000 ~ 9,000 SRs.

#13. Registeel:
    About 500 ~ 1,000 SRs.

#14. Ditto:
    I think I was leveling Mewtwo up in Cerulean Cave, when suddenly...

And then I stopped playing for a while... But I started playing again last week, and I decided to try to get a shiny Groudon. It appeared on Saturday.

#15. Groudon:
    About 5,000 ~ 6,000 SRs.

Spoiler:- More pictures:

#16. Abra:
    This one appeared yesterday, when I decided to do some simultaneous SR (LG + FR). I could say this was random, since I wasn't expecting anything at all.

So... I think that's it. I hope you guys enjoy looking at pictures like these as much as I do.

EDIT: I got a new shiny on Monday! 17 now.

#17. Regice:
    I decided to get myself another shiny Regice since I think it's a very fast pokemon to SR for. It took me something near 7,000~9,000 SRs. Lax nature...

Spoiler:- Lax Regice:
    Last edited by Jimboman; 21st June 2012 at 1:00 AM. Reason: New shiny

got a shiny gastly on fire red after 33 RE
    HUNTS
    990 SRs

I am currently Soft Resetting for Shiny Rayquaza in Emerald, and I have a Dry Battery. Almost a week and nothing, but Idk when my battery died cause it was years ago. But I did encounter a Shiny Whismur randomly in the Wild, so I can still get shinies but if I have to wait for my Shiny Frame, then does that mean I cannot get my Shiny Rayquaza?

got a shiny geodude after 3871 ecounters
    HUNTS
    990 SRs

Quote Originally Posted by MultiHDGam3r View Post
    I am currently Soft Resetting for Shiny Rayquaza in Emerald, and I have a Dry Battery. Almost a week and nothing, but Idk when my battery died cause it was years ago. But I did encounter a Shiny Whismur randomly in the Wild, so I can still get shinies but if I have to wait for my Shiny Frame, then does that mean I cannot get my Shiny Rayquaza?
    emerald's random number generator always starts at the same frame (as does ruby or sapphire if their internal battery has died). Because of that, unless you're going to abuse the RNG, you're probably better off hunting random encounter shinies in the wild. iirc, there is a rayquaza in gen 4 you could SR for....
    Free Rattatas. PM me
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    emerald's random number generator always starts at the same frame (as does ruby or sapphire if their internal battery has died). Because of that, unless you're going to abuse the RNG, you're probably better off hunting random encounter shinies in the wild. iirc, there is a rayquaza in gen 4 you could SR for....
    I was going to ask whether the same happens in sapphire, but then I re-read your post :P
    Might have to abuse RNG to try get a shiny beldum...
    I assume this method here works well (and I can use on an already started game to get a shiny beldum): http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/rs_nonbredrng
    Figured out how RNG works... now I have a shiny treecko
    So very happy about it :P
    Last edited by monkeyman192; 10th July 2012 at 11:50 AM.

Trading stuff:
        Spoiler:- Friend codes::

3DS: 3523-3147-6204 - Friend safari: Electric; Dedenne, pikachu, galvantula

RNG'd shinies for trade: * (x2) (x2) (x2) * Mild nature and IV's: 22/16/27/31/31/30 (UT but not lvl 1) except *'s
    Want: any shinys I don't have (I don't care about nature, moves, IV's etc, just shinyness :P)

got a shiny mewtwo after 2,011 SRs
    HUNTS
    990 SRs

Caught a shiny Zubat in Leaf Green today by random
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/2pouxxy.jpg[/IMG]

Pkm games I own:
    B/Y/R G/S/C R/E D/P Hg/Ss B/W

Soon to be B2/W2

I'm new to SRing but i've had shiny pokemon thru random encounters but now im trying to SR for shiny torchic on emerald but its not working i saved in front of the bag and im SRing when its not shiny (which is every time) am i doing something wrong?
    White FC: 0691 4574 9377 add me

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyTorchicDude View Post
    I'm new to SRing but i've had shiny pokemon thru random encounters but now im trying to SR for shiny torchic on emerald but its not working i saved in front of the bag and im SRing when its not shiny (which is every time) am i doing something wrong?
    Sorry to say this, but SRing in Emerald doesn't really work. The RNG (random number generator) starts at the same point every time you turn the power on.
    The same thing happens with Ruby/Sapphire if their internal batteries have died.
    Free Rattatas. PM me
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    Sorry to say this, but SRing in Emerald doesn't really work. The RNG (random number generator) starts at the same point every time you turn the power on.
    The same thing happens with Ruby/Sapphire if their internal batteries have died.
    So i cant get shiny torchic by SRing or shiny rayquaza

So i cant get shiny torchic by SRing or shiny rayquaza
    You can, but you need to know when to press 'A'. It will more than likely be longer that straight away...
    I am not as sure about doing it in Emerald, but if you can find out your SID then you will be able to calculate when to press A so you get a shiny torchic

Trading stuff:

RNG'd shinies for trade: * (x2) (x2) (x2) * Mild nature and IV's: 22/16/27/31/31/30 (UT but not lvl 1) except *'s
    Want: any shinys I don't have (I don't care about nature, moves, IV's etc, just shinyness :P)

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyman192 View Post
    You can, but you need to know when to press 'A'. It will more than likely be longer that straight away...
    I am not as sure about doing it in Emerald, but if you can find out your SID then you will be able to calculate when to press A so you get a shiny torchic
    Thanks but ive read where u cant get ur SID until u have one shiny

Talking Whats your favorite shiny pokemon?

Mine is probably Torchic love the switch

My favorite is probably Mawile. It looks somewhat feminine, and the pink in Mawile's shiny form suits it.
    Planned OR Team

Team Pose by Astral Shadow.
    DA Account here

Proud owner of my childhood partner, Feraligatr ♡

Thanks but ive read where u cant get ur SID until u have one shiny
    Yeah, I think that might be the case in emerald... There is some guide to finding your SID without having a shiny but I think it is pretty complicated...

Trading stuff:

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyman192 View Post
    Yeah, I think that might be the case in emerald... There is some guide to finding your SID without having a shiny but I think it is pretty complicated...
    Thanks again im not going to give up for shiny torchic and then im going to SR for shiny ralts

If it is possible to generate an ID/SID like I did in saphire, in emerald, then I would do it that way, and then choose a spread such that a wild ralts will appear shiny.
    With wild pokemon only certain ones in each area will appear shiny (within a reasonable amount of time)
    I think in my game a shiny ralts wouldn't appear for at least 2h...

Trading stuff:

Yeah im still searching a way for the SID and if i get it i can find a spread that will give me ralts

dat big flygon

beldum etc shiny are awesome...

Trading stuff:

Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 LastLast