Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: 3rd Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ [Read all of first post if you don't want an infraction]

I really like Camerupt's shiny form. But Taillow/Swellow is a close second.
    The Graceful Assassin

Credit to FairyWitch

Probably Zangoose or Glalie (looove those angry red eyes).

Sceptile, its blue looks wonderful IMO.

got a shiny eevee in fire red after 530 SRs
    HUNTS
    990 SRs

Merged with the shiny discussion thread sticky we already have.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

definately manetric or minum
    -Take the road less travelled by in a city of fools
    - Turn every poet loose

- Tuomas Holopainen

HNI_0017.JPG

This Gulpin popped up while I was searching for a Plusle for my Black version pokedex. I think i'm in for a long drought now though since this is my second shiny within the last week.

Got me another 3rd gen shiny from JPN Ruby. Well, I got a couple of 3rd gen shinies before this, but I'm lazy to post them. Just check my sig.

- shiny appeared -
    - shiny data -

It took me 10,004 REs in Granite Cave. And it's the one that I really wanted.
    I've been blessed by getting my RE hunts on target this month. Before this I managed to get a shiny Venipede in 5th gen too.

I don't have any 3rd gen hunts after this one. I mean, I have MANY 3rd gen hunts, but I don't really have the time to hunt/resume the hunts yet.
    Think I'll resume my RE hunt in 4th gen instead. Take turn.

As a bonus, you can see the dead pixel line across the screen. Not sure how to get rid of it. Usually it disappears by itself. Any idea?

X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Wee... Poison slide at my gym...

Pokegyms Fairy Leader

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

got a shiny zubat in altering cave on my fire red after 5716 REs
    HUNTS
    990 SRs

Doubt: My game's battery (both sapphire and ruby) has dry out. Can I still do RE for shinies on it?
    Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    Basically any interesting idea you have when speculating about new regions invariably ends with:
    - Ash showing up in a new region with Pikachu without a clue how to do anything besides battling and breathing;
    - He accidentally runs into the new new girl who will be the main companion;
    - He meets a creepy older gentleman* who will follow him around and do the things Ash apparently is either not smart enough to do, or expects that someone will it for him.

*Averted. Now, we have a gadget maniac and his hyper-active lil' sis.
    Platinum FC - 1075 8811 5380

Quote Originally Posted by DuquĘ? View Post
    Doubt: My game's battery (both sapphire and ruby) has dry out. Can I still do RE for shinies on it?
    I was hoping someone else would answer this, because I'm not 100% sure on how the RNG in 3rd Gen works. I know SRing doesn't really work because the RNG will always start at the same place, and I believe that the string of numbers after it would always be the same as well. But the shiny frames would still be in there somewhere, it's just a question of if your first shiny is somewhere towards the front of the string or not. (and you'd have to not skip over it, things like walking x number of steps advances the frame)

I know you CAN get RE shinies with a dry battery, because I've done it on Sapphire. But I've always wondered if it was possible that some of my dead games had shiny frames so far off that it was unlikely I'd ever hit them without leaving my game on for days.
    (And the RNGers cringe at my sad understanding of how RNG works )
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Only if you have a low shiny frame, then yes, it is possible. Otherwise, no, you can't.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

You may only post once per page. This is using the default 20 posts per page. If you use something else... either change it to view this thread or count by every 20 posts. Posting more than once per page for any reason will earn you an infraction.
    This rule is being relaxed as a trial as per 5th and 4th gen threads. Don't spam and follow the other rules in the first post is all!

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

After my battery died on Saphire, I encountered a shiny Hariyama a minute after I turned my game on. I was in victory road and my first encounter was a Wishmur and after him the shiny appeared. So I can assume that my shiny frame is at the very beginning?

Because I'm currently RE hunting and if this is true, I need to restart my game alot..
    First MM Shiny Hunt Completed!
    After:2648 eggs!

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Supercow View Post
    After my battery died on Saphire, I encountered a shiny Hariyama a minute after I turned my game on. I was in victory road and my first encounter was a Wishmur and after him the shiny appeared. So I can assume that my shiny frame is at the very beginning?

Because I'm currently RE hunting and if this is true, I need to restart my game alot..
    yes you can...
    if you post you TID and the IV's of that hariyama (including nature and gender) I might be able to tell you exactly what frame it occurred on...
    if you don't know the IV's of it, if you haven't trained it at all, write down it's stats, then give it a rare candy and write down it's stats for each level here and I can calculate it

@ DuquĘ? and Dangertrout: yes, you can SR to get a shiny but the frame will always be at the same time, so it could be low like Shiny Supercow's appears to be, or it could be high.
    If you are not against the idea of restarting your game to get yourself a specific shiny frame, then you can set exactly which frame you want shiny...

I am currently playing through sapphire getting as many shinys as possible, but once I have played through and got most (so prob in a few weeks) I will be restarting and replaying through and making a video walkthough to RNG-ing in ruby and sapphire

Trading stuff:
        Spoiler:- Friend codes::

3DS: 3523-3147-6204 - Friend safari: Electric; Dedenne, pikachu, galvantula

RNG'd shinies for trade: * (x2) (x2) (x2) * Mild nature and IV's: 22/16/27/31/31/30 (UT but not lvl 1) except *'s
    Want: any shinys I don't have (I don't care about nature, moves, IV's etc, just shinyness :P)

My trainer ID is: 50223

And my Hariyama is untrained at lv 40 with the following stats

HP: 166 - 3
    Att: 110 - 23
    Def: 56 - 8
    SP Att: 37 - 1
    Sp Def: 63 - 26
    Spd: 48 - 8

Nrs on the right are the IV stats.

Nature: Serious
    Characteristics: Strong Willed

If you can find my frame, that would be awesome.
    Last edited by Shiny Supercow; 29th July 2012 at 8:06 PM.
    First MM Shiny Hunt Completed!
    After:2648 eggs!

I is in shock. lol Another one of the shinies that I've been longing to get for years just appeared, and it's...

The awesomeness that is shiny Trapinch!

I can't believe that it actually appeared, and that I didn't end up with a 3rd shiny Sandshrew (or a 2nd shiny Baltoy). I thought for sure that I'd have to hatch for a shiny Trapinch if I ever wanted to get a shiny one.

^__^

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Starlite ~
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Oshawott - 23rd October 2014 (Y - 1303 eggs)

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Supercow View Post
    My trainer ID is: 50223

And my Hariyama is untrained at lv 40 with the following stats

HP: 166 - 3
    Att: 110 - 23
    Def: 56 - 8
    SP Att: 37 - 1
    Sp Def: 63 - 26
    Spd: 48 - 8

Nrs on the right are the IV stats.

Nature: Serious
    Characteristics: Strong Willed

If you can find my frame, that would be awesome.
    I am not sure where you got those IV's from, because I used an IV calculator and got slightly different ones (the ones you provided were within the range though..)
    Did your battery die after you started playing the game?
    I have found the frame, but it doesn't match up with what I would expect from your ID number, which is why I ask the above :P

anyway, I think your shiny frame is at 3676 frames. if you download eontimer and change the little tab at the top to '3', enter this frame number and it will calculate the time for you...
    If you have a pokemon with sweet scent you can make pokemon appear on this frame pretty much anywhere...
    http://www.eggmove.com/encountersapphire.htm <- that is a list of what will appear (you want to look at the 2nd column, the one with a '1' at the top...
    you will probably want to download RNG reporter so you can calibrate it properly (just don't put in an ID/SID, but use seed = '5A0' and method H-1 (Gen 3)
    also, you will need to take off ~250 frames if you use sweet scent due to the animation...
    good luck

Trading stuff:

RNG'd shinies for trade: * (x2) (x2) (x2) * Mild nature and IV's: 22/16/27/31/31/30 (UT but not lvl 1) except *'s
    Want: any shinys I don't have (I don't care about nature, moves, IV's etc, just shinyness :P)

I started a BQ in Sapphire, skipping over the shiny starter because I don't have the time to SR; I didn't think I would actually ever find a RE shiny.

But I did. Two of them.

The first one, a Surskit, I found shortly after beating my rival; I was looking for a shiny. The second one, a Nincada, randomly appeared on 116. Didn't expect this one.

Looking in Granite Cave for my next one, hoping for a Sableye, but I'll take anything.

So yesterday (Sunday) was a glorious day. On the route from Brocks Gym (I don't know what city) to Mt. Moon cave I had been running in between the P.C. at the base of Mt. Moon and the grass, searching for a jigglypuff, and the two nidoreans for dex fillers. After I got to my Aunts I saved turned it off. Started playing a while later and "OHMYGOSH, DECLAN A SHINY SPEARROW!" This is great in a few ways.

One. First Random encounter shiny ever. (I have done the pokeradar trick on Pearl)

Two. I finally have a shiny I can clone on my Emerald. n.n

Three. I wasn't even searching for one, so it gives me hope.

Now I need that kind of luck on XD or Colloseum so as to have something worth a great amount. I wish it was a different pokemon I found though, but hey, a shiny is a shiny. n.n
    Black Friend Code: 3697 3078 7902

I always have available due to Emerald Glitch Cloning:
    MYSTRY Event Mew UT Hardy
    Shiny Spearow
    Shiny Trapinch

Spoiler:- Want List:

Hiring someone to Pokécheck for me!

i like black rayquaza and blue mew , but i dont have one of them
    Hello im frenky
    favourite games : Emerald , Fire red
    favourite pokemon : ALL
    i play pokemon games on PSP (psp GBA emulator) and im fan of anime, sorry for my bad english

So I'm soft resetting Groudon on SS, but could also SR on Ruby while on SS. My question is since my battery died, is it pointless to soft reset on Ruby? What is the consensus with the dried battery as I have heard that it breaks the RNG like Emerald...
    Shinies: :663:
    (Jirachi is the japanese Tanabata event.)

Currently hunting: N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Luneth777 View Post
    So I'm soft resetting Groudon on SS, but could also SR on Ruby while on SS. My question is since my battery died, is it pointless to soft reset on Ruby? What is the consensus with the dried battery as I have heard that it breaks the RNG like Emerald...
    Yeah, the dry internal battery means your RNG in Ruby is now fixed. (as in stuck in the same place, much like Emerald)
    Unless you have a really early shiny frame, you may as well just stick to SRing in SS.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Luneth777 View Post
    If your battery died before you started your current game you should be able to figure out what your SID is and subsequently your first "shiny frame" provided you didn't spend ages when you started the game to actually start it.
    If you post your TID I might be able to tell you when your shiny frame is...

Trading stuff:

I encountered a Shiny Zigzagoon in Ruby version this morning. I was traveling between Oldale Town and Littleroot Town, and it appeared in the tall grass. I almost had a heart attack since this is one of the few Shiny Hoenn Pokemon that I've wanted to add to my collection because I like the sprite's color. I managed to capture it in a Nest Ball, and I'm currently training it so it can evolve. I'll probably clone it on Emerald version before it does evolve though, just so I can have a Shiny Zigzagoon and a Shiny Linoone in my collection.

Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637 LastLast