Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637 LastLast

Thread: 3rd Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ [Read all of first post if you don't want an infraction]

Quote Originally Posted by Scargonar View Post
    So far, all of my shinies were either randomly caught or traded to me, meaning I never really searched for them or bothered soft reseting.
    I recently started a new game in my sapphire and I decided to go for the shiny Rayquaza (internal battery dead).
    I read everywhere about the whole RNG thing but I just can't understand how it works. I don't even know what a shiny frame is etc.
    I have done about 200+ SR with no luck, and I have one simple question.

Is there a chance that I will NEVER get the shiny Rayquaza because of the shiny frames etc or should I continue soft reseting and I will eventually get it.
    I know this has been answered before but I want to make sure that I don't waste my time. (I have seen people get it though with 10k SR and dead battery)
    My ID is 43216 if it means anything and I have no idea about my SID
    All of the SR-ing will never get you a shiny. However, assuming that you didn't dawdle when you started your game your SID is *probably* 63941
    This gives you your first shiny frame at frame 6314.
    Download a program called eontimer and put this number in under the 3rd gen tab. It will convert it to a time. I can't remember the exact time delay that rayquaza had, but I *think* it was negative which I remember being really weird.
    Anyway, if you download RNG Reporter, use these parameters:
    Method: Method 1
    Max results: 600
    Starting frame: 6000 (this and the above can be changed, but this just gives about 5s around your shiny frame. If you are further off than this then decrease starting frame and increase max results)
    Seed: 5A0
    ID: 43216, SID: 63941

Basically you want to SR start the game when you start the timer on eontimer and when it hits 0 hit A as close as possible. Catch rayquaza with a masterball (I hope you have one!) and then check it's IV's (you may need 1 or 2 rare candys to help). Once you have found out it's IV's, look around the shiny frame (6314 in the RNG reporter results) for the frame you hit. find the difference andmodify the frame you are trying to hit in eontimer byt his amount. Ie. if you are 10 frames early, add 10 frames to the eontimer number and go for that. Once you are hitting frames around the shiny one you won't need to keep checking the IV's and you can just keep SR-ing and pressing A at the specified time until your shiny rayquaza appears

Trading stuff:
        Spoiler:- Friend codes::

3DS: 3523-3147-6204 - Friend safari: Electric; Dedenne, pikachu, galvantula

RNG'd shinies for trade: * (x2) (x2) (x2) * Mild nature and IV's: 22/16/27/31/31/30 (UT but not lvl 1) except *'s
    Want: any shinys I don't have (I don't care about nature, moves, IV's etc, just shinyness :P)

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyman192 View Post
    All of the SR-ing will never get you a shiny. However, assuming that you didn't dawdle when you started your game your SID is *probably* 63941
    This gives you your first shiny frame at frame 6314.
    Download a program called eontimer and put this number in under the 3rd gen tab. It will convert it to a time. I can't remember the exact time delay that rayquaza had, but I *think* it was negative which I remember being really weird.
    Anyway, if you download RNG Reporter, use these parameters:
    Method: Method 1
    Max results: 600
    Starting frame: 6000 (this and the above can be changed, but this just gives about 5s around your shiny frame. If you are further off than this then decrease starting frame and increase max results)
    Seed: 5A0
    ID: 43216, SID: 63941

Basically you want to SR start the game when you start the timer on eontimer and when it hits 0 hit A as close as possible. Catch rayquaza with a masterball (I hope you have one!) and then check it's IV's (you may need 1 or 2 rare candys to help). Once you have found out it's IV's, look around the shiny frame (6314 in the RNG reporter results) for the frame you hit. find the difference andmodify the frame you are trying to hit in eontimer byt his amount. Ie. if you are 10 frames early, add 10 frames to the eontimer number and go for that. Once you are hitting frames around the shiny one you won't need to keep checking the IV's and you can just keep SR-ing and pressing A at the specified time until your shiny rayquaza appears
    THANK YOU!!!!!! I finally got it. I also understood how RNG works, it was nothing hard really
    thanks man. you're awesome !!!!

EDIT. I also hatched a shiny charmander while going for the 300 eggs sticker, this day couldn't be better !
    Last edited by Scargonar; 15th February 2013 at 10:49 AM.
    Current Shinies : (Ruby) (Sapphire) (Leaf Green) (Soul Silver) (Platinum)
    Previously Owned Shinies :

I had been soft resetting for a Shiny Regice for the past month and a half on Sapphire version, and I finally got it yesterday. Mostly I was just bored with the game and I wanted to try my luck at soft resetting in the Generation 3 games since it's something that I've only done a couple of times, and to be honest I wasn't as faithful to this hunt as I've been to others; I did about 8,000 soft resets in total, which isn't a lot in retrospect, but I'm glad that I got another Shiny Legendary Pokemon. The next step will be to transfer it to later games.

Right now I am SR'ing in LG for a stationary legendary and I am using a naive synchronizer as my lead. Does that affect the odds of finding a shiny?
    I am grateful for any information one may have.
    Shiny Card
    [img]http://i41.*******.com/2po7hxf.png[/img]

^No it will not. In LG, the nature of your lead will not affect the nature that the Pokemon you find will have. Nature synch- was introduced first in Emerald. Good luck with finding that shiny anyway, I found the Gen I remakes pretty much a shiny trove in our family.

Anyway, no updates from me at all, it's been a few months since my last Gen III shiny...

I remember my first shiny; an Oddish. I was in the route with the Cycling Road in Emerald where you fight May also, and I went into a wild battle. It was an Oddish... but something was wrong... It wasn't blue, it was green... and it sparkled. I thought, "What the...? Is this a hack?" I've never heard about shinies before so I thought it didn't matter as much. I threw a ball, and guess what?! I caught it! Years later, Oddish is still in my PC. I don't know when I'll transfer it. :3

Can Jirachi from Pokemon Channel ever be shiny just want to know for certin to many sites say yes or no if anyone can help would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by makenshi_au View Post
    Can Jirachi from Pokemon Channel ever be shiny just want to know for certin to many sites say yes or no if anyone can help would be great.
    Only from WISHMR i think it is.I found a site where a guy uploaded a rom save with a shiny jirachy OT/WISHMR - ID/20043
    for channel check this http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=953
    Last edited by zefinho10; 25th April 2013 at 8:42 AM.

I started a BQ in my Firered and I'm hunting for my first target, Squirtle and I'm at 340 SR's. Good luck to everyone else too! EDIT: I just got three females in a row!
    ~RaichuArcanine~

My Shiny Card
    White BQ: Hunting:
    -I'm not a mundane: I'm a Shadowhunter! =D
    I have claimed Raichu!

Default R/S/E Successful Shinies!

Hey All!

I've been poking around the R/S/E Threads for a while now, but I cannot seem to find a Thread DEDICATED to Shinies (So 'Recent Happenings' doesn't count) anywhere for these games!

I mean, we have a 'Shiny Pokemon Failures' Thread, so why not have a 'Successful Shiny Thread'?

So anyway, come here to talk about your Shiny Hunts/Encounters and Good Luck on all your Hunts!
    Last edited by tomatohater; 12th May 2013 at 2:03 PM.
    Too much water guys!

Only successful shiny on RSE: Poochyena. I know. I really don't have the time to go searching for something that's a 1/8192 chance, so I just take what I get.

~ashiemore
    I really need something to put here.

Hey ashiemore!

I think 1/8192 Shinies are the best, you don't expect them and they could be anything (providing you don't SR).
    Look at it this way, you already have more 3rd Gen Shinies than me!
    Too much water guys!

My successful shinies in R/S/E was a Duskull in Ruby as well as Poochyena, Oddish, Whismur and Spinda in Emerald. Never got one in Sapphire. Or through breeding either, all of them were random encounters.
    Δ

Forget about the words I said
    They were just the voices in my head
    I don't have to listen to them anymore

Wow Winter02!

You have gotten so many Shinies! I wish I had luck like yours!

I am going to try and get myself a Shiny Registeel soon via SR!
    Too much water guys!

I'm afraid we already have a thread for shiny discussion in 3rd gen games... as there's a few posts already I'll just merge it for you.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: The Coffee Guy's Rants: Remakes! He doesn't like them.
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Lightbulb Repeated Posting from Subforum I'm Usually at.

And first off I don't like the idea nor practice RNGing myself, and yet I'm facing a dilemma that ups my respect for those that do it and it requires ASAP attention.
    I'll copy/paste this to three other threads to hit the proper one handling this situation of mine and to abide by forum rules.

It's on a burned-out (dry battery) Sapphire, I was planning on just doing a 'fun' playthrough not taking more details seriously, with a hopeful chance of (E) encountering nice moment shinies.

Yet I had thought of this theory of Saving at a stationary each time I first power-on my GBA and Save after a soft reset, as a way of building up the time letting seconds go by, I called it a step-by-step ladder method because I was Saving and time was going by even on this dry game.

I wasn't doing this a few minutes ago of this writing and was just playing thru when I found a very, very, early shiny Zigzagoon above Oldale, at a part of the game I'm not carrying Poke balls but I'm so excited just knowing that I have a great early shiny frame ID number (I saved this good ID number and before I selected a starter! I'm saved at 3 minutes about to go out the professor's House.). I won't update my save just yet, even to maybe bring me closer in passed time to the Treeko I do want now.

I'm real happy 'bout this and I know my desired shiny Treeko must be somewhere in the 2 hour (tops!) timeframe. I've been trying to click on him at different intervals of time but this is hard, every micro-second.

That footprint fossil guy hasn't moved yet so I'm thinking those further doorways to thousands of more frames not opened yet is good and will limit where the wonderful shiny frame pops at it's pre-set, designated time (2 hours hopefully, no more.). Where the Zigzagoon was was on the top grass patch of two grass patches that's left to the guy beside water on Route (103?), where you also find Wingulls. It was around the playtime of 18-19 minutes. When I saw that orange Zigzagoon I knew what it meant, that I have a very early ID number for shinies between those two routes and that I can go for Treecko at the correct givin' time.

I'm calling to RNG experts to please help me determine when shiny Treecko, or any starter, will take place. My Trainer ID number which I've been referring to is: 58455.

Around what minute (if determined) would a shiny starter appear? Please assist.

Also it was hard to reset on that orange Zigzagoon, but I had no balls anyway and I know what frame it was & around what time it was when it happened. I could go get him again, but I want a starter. Treecko shiny in particular.
    PokeBalls are biodegradable. Don't litter.
    ~Officer Jenny

Oh my goodness I literally just caught my first legit Shiny Pokemon in 10 years.

I was grinding a bit in Sapphire, only half paying attention to the game while watching Youtube. I then noticed the Zigzagoon I had encountered had a funny colour. I wasn't sure whether or not it was Shiny, so I figured I'd just switch to my Manectric, paralyze it and catch it anyway, just in case. I considered using an attack on it, but decided it was too risky. I caught it on my first Great Ball, and my heart was hammering as I headed back to the PC in the Weather Institute to confirm my suspicion.

I haven't found a wild Shiny Pokemon since Gen 2! I am very excited to transfer him to my White 2.

~Psychic

I'll remember this day. I had a good day with my LeafGreen, I just caught a Shiny Staryu near Cinnabar. This was unexpected as I had just selected the super rod by accident. I lost my save file years ago with another shiny staryu in it, which means this newly caught staryu is but a little "resurrection" of it.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

AEFLJNFDLHTD;HKGNFLBLJFS;ISGHN~!!!!!!!

AFTER 13340 SR GUESS WHAT APPEARED..
    HINT: YOU SEE 2 POKEMON, SO I SAW 26680 POKEMON OVERALL.

*theres no spoiler tag* :/

SHINY TORCHIC!!!!

*Uploading pictures has changed around here since I got a shiny..*
    http://i961.photobucket.com/albums/a...334e9686ff.jpg
    http://i961.photobucket.com/albums/a...824209e272.jpg

It only took me 5 years..

85 SR into a new file. 841 on that game overall.. now I just have games that have over 8000 SR without a shiny to show for it :/ (Originally I was only hunting on one game, then gradually added as I got more annoyed)

My Shinies

Current Targets: Virizion, Dratini, Groudon, Seviper

Latest shinies: Graveler & Floatzel - X - Completely Random - September 1st, 2014.

After my sassy shiny ratata, I finally got my second shiny on Leaf Green: Natu! Female, lax, caught in a master ball (since natu can use teleport, I freaked out and threw a master ball right away, but, who cares?). Second shiny achieved! Still hunting for the shiny horsea!
    Last edited by DuquĘ?; 30th June 2013 at 8:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    Basically any interesting idea you have when speculating about new regions invariably ends with:
    - Ash showing up in a new region with Pikachu without a clue how to do anything besides battling and breathing;
    - He accidentally runs into the new new girl who will be the main companion;
    - He meets a creepy older gentleman* who will follow him around and do the things Ash apparently is either not smart enough to do, or expects that someone will it for him.

*Averted. Now, we have a gadget maniac and his hyper-active lil' sis.
    Platinum FC - 1075 8811 5380

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyGoogleplex View Post
    And first off I don't like the idea nor practice RNGing myself, and yet I'm facing a dilemma that ups my respect for those that do it and it requires ASAP attention.
    I'll copy/paste this to three other threads to hit the proper one handling this situation of mine and to abide by forum rules.

It's on a burned-out (dry battery) Sapphire, I was planning on just doing a 'fun' playthrough not taking more details seriously, with a hopeful chance of (E) encountering nice moment shinies.

Yet I had thought of this theory of Saving at a stationary each time I first power-on my GBA and Save after a soft reset, as a way of building up the time letting seconds go by, I called it a step-by-step ladder method because I was Saving and time was going by even on this dry game.

I wasn't doing this a few minutes ago of this writing and was just playing thru when I found a very, very, early shiny Zigzagoon above Oldale, at a part of the game I'm not carrying Poke balls but I'm so excited just knowing that I have a great early shiny frame ID number (I saved this good ID number and before I selected a starter! I'm saved at 3 minutes about to go out the professor's House.). I won't update my save just yet, even to maybe bring me closer in passed time to the Treeko I do want now.

I'm real happy 'bout this and I know my desired shiny Treeko must be somewhere in the 2 hour (tops!) timeframe. I've been trying to click on him at different intervals of time but this is hard, every micro-second.

That footprint fossil guy hasn't moved yet so I'm thinking those further doorways to thousands of more frames not opened yet is good and will limit where the wonderful shiny frame pops at it's pre-set, designated time (2 hours hopefully, no more.). Where the Zigzagoon was was on the top grass patch of two grass patches that's left to the guy beside water on Route (103?), where you also find Wingulls. It was around the playtime of 18-19 minutes. When I saw that orange Zigzagoon I knew what it meant, that I have a very early ID number for shinies between those two routes and that I can go for Treecko at the correct givin' time.

I'm calling to RNG experts to please help me determine when shiny Treecko, or any starter, will take place. My Trainer ID number which I've been referring to is: 58455.

Around what minute (if determined) would a shiny starter appear? Please assist.

Also it was hard to reset on that orange Zigzagoon, but I had no balls anyway and I know what frame it was & around what time it was when it happened. I could go get him again, but I want a starter. Treecko shiny in particular.
    Hey I had a little trouble disseminating your post but from what gather you're. Using the game's playtime counter to determine your shiny frame. That's a unique method, it'll give you a range but not an absolute time for your frame.

And there's no way of determining the time that your shiny starter would appear... you could try choosing your starter after 3-4 minutes have past (so at times in between 3-4 minutes inclusive) but that's a very time consuming method and has a high a mount of error so it's unlikely to work unless you get pretty lucky.

My advice would be to restart the save file and save before you choose Treecko. Then SR and immediately choose Treecko. In other words, as soon as you SR pump that A button until you get a shiny. If this doesn't work after 500-600 SRs restart your file and rinse and repeat. I say 500-600 because this means if you have an early frame around 19-22 seconds you are likely to hit this frame if you SR 500-600 times on that file. Even more encouraging is that of you find the Pokémon attacking Prof. Birch is shiny, KEEP THAT SAVE FILE, and keep soft resetting. This because the opponent is generated slightly before/after (can't remember) the starter. This requires a ton of patience , since that early a frame may not roll around for ages.

The more sure fire way is to get someone to determine your SID for you by quoting your ID. They'll the use an AReplay to find your SID. Then you can use the method a couple of posts above to find the frame. If you find a desirable one keep the file; if not restart and get your SID again. I don't really condone this action since it requires you use an external device on your game, and I'd your Pokémorals don't comply with this then that sweet.

Okay that's me. I hope that helped somewhat. If you're interested I have never RNG'd a shiny, but I have found a RE shiny and used that to find my SID accurately and so I am able to use the RNG Reporter to find mu first shiny frame, which for me is around 6:36:24 or whatever. I tried really close and got really close (within 20 frames if I remember right).

I haven't found a single shiny in my Emerald or Sapphire but in my FireRed I had super luck few years ago. I was still playing my old file and breeding and hatching Eevees to transfer into my Diamond. And one of them was shiny! I had never had shiny before so I was super happy and I was even more happy because I got Eevee which is one of my fav Pokémon. I transferred it to Diamond and I choose to transform it to Glaceon because shiny Glaceon is much more nice looking than original and (to me) best looking shiny Eeveelution alongside shiny Umbreon.

Later I transferred it to my Platinum because I started a new game in Diamond and now it is at Lv 60.

Since my last post..
    YAY!!

27165 bought.

....then I got this

My Shinies

Current Targets: Virizion, Dratini, Groudon, Seviper

Latest shinies: Graveler & Floatzel - X - Completely Random - September 1st, 2014.

OMFG!! I was soft reseting for a shiny rayquaza on my emerald and after 83 srs I got one, quickest hunt ever!! Still can't believe how fast I got it, I began soft reseting for it today and in about 30 minutes a shiny rayquaza appeared! Haven't felt this happy in a long time.
    5/7/2011 ---> Shiny 8716 SRs

20/8/2012 ---> Shiny tranquil -> 20 random encounters

12/07/2013 ---> Shiny Rayquaza -> 83 SRs
    15/07/2013 ---> Shiny Groudon -> 851 SRs
    30/07/2013 ---> Shiny Kyogre -> 1529 SRs

3DS Friend Code : 4699-6214-1047
    Safari : jigglypuff, dedenne, flabebe

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Sabreus View Post
    Hey I had a little trouble disseminating your post but from what gather you're. Using the game's playtime counter to determine your shiny frame. That's a unique method, it'll give you a range but not an absolute time for your frame.

And there's no way of determining the time that your shiny starter would appear... you could try choosing your starter after 3-4 minutes have past (so at times in between 3-4 minutes inclusive) but that's a very time consuming method and has a high a mount of error so it's unlikely to work unless you get pretty lucky.

My advice would be to restart the save file and save before you choose Treecko. Then SR and immediately choose Treecko. In other words, as soon as you SR pump that A button until you get a shiny. If this doesn't work after 500-600 SRs restart your file and rinse and repeat. I say 500-600 because this means if you have an early frame around 19-22 seconds you are likely to hit this frame if you SR 500-600 times on that file. Even more encouraging is that of you find the Pokémon attacking Prof. Birch is shiny, KEEP THAT SAVE FILE, and keep soft resetting. This because the opponent is generated slightly before/after (can't remember) the starter. This requires a ton of patience , since that early a frame may not roll around for ages.

The more sure fire way is to get someone to determine your SID for you by quoting your ID. They'll the use an AReplay to find your SID. Then you can use the method a couple of posts above to find the frame. If you find a desirable one keep the file; if not restart and get your SID again. I don't really condone this action since it requires you use an external device on your game, and I'd your Pokémorals don't comply with this then that sweet.

Okay that's me. I hope that helped somewhat. If you're interested I have never RNG'd a shiny, but I have found a RE shiny and used that to find my SID accurately and so I am able to use the RNG Reporter to find mu first shiny frame, which for me is around 6:36:24 or whatever. I tried really close and got really close (within 20 frames if I remember right).
    I settled on a shiny poochyena where zigzagoon was before at a 19 minute mark. I found shiny sandshrew at the 95:33 mark in the desert. I powered off and went back two hours where my last save was. In these two hours I'm attempting a (for now) secret project until it's time to get a desert shiny @ 95:33. If the secret project works out at some point, this theory is then tried and true. A few posts below the 'good file' advice you gave me seemed to happen to another. I hope that person is hanging on to that file and keeps on chuggin'.
    PokeBalls are biodegradable. Don't litter.
    ~Officer Jenny

Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637 LastLast