Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ [Read all of first post if you don't want an infraction]

Forgot to post my newest shiny capture. On the 29th March a shiny Spinda appeared in Ruby after 15,861 encounters.

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Starlite ~
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Oshawott - 23rd October 2014 (Y - 1303 eggs)

I just got a shiny Torchic on my emerald. It took me about a month but I finally figured the RNG out! Unfortunately I have no pics of it but I'm really happy now that I've figured it out.

Trainer Level 4
    Wins:18 Losses:14 Draws:4
    TP: 180.5 SP:1 KOs: 60
    B- Ref Grade

Quote Originally Posted by Heliotrope View Post
    Forgot to post my newest shiny capture. On the 29th March a shiny Spinda appeared in Ruby after 15,861 encounters.
    My birthday was lucky to someone.

But me I found a shiny the day before my birthday last year. I didn't find any this year...

I got a shiny Groudon and my friend found a shiny mightyena

I was SRing for a shiny Mewtwo, but I ended up taking one with a modest nature and decent ivs

Diamond FC: 2578-8698-9036 Name: Gaige
    Platinum FC: 0302-7939-8092 Name: Gaige

My first, and only, shiny was found before I joined the forum. A few months ago, I was in Diglett's Cave in LG and I was a noob and all, but I ran into a Diglett with a back nose and a little sparkly animation. I thought, "I'm not a fan of the Poke personally, and I just caught one for the Dex, but I might as well." Lucky me, cause it was also a Jolly nature, which I later realized is pretty good for competetive battling. Pretty awesome.
    SolarBean
    Oh Yeas

I finally got my Shiny Charmander today.
    I tried getting it a few years ago but I gave up after more then 1000 resets.
    Yesterday, I decided to try it again. I made a new game and went to bed after an hour of SR'ing.
    Today, I was SR'ing ~2 hours and I got it!

100% official ofcourse. Got it on FireRed.
    Male, modest nature.
    Lv5, HP20, atk9, def9, sp atk 13, sp def 10, speed 11.
    1st Shiny: 10 May 2009 - Charmander (FireRed)
    2nd Shiny: 12 July 2009 - Torchic (Ruby)
    3rd Shiny: 11 April 2010 - Squirtle (LeafGreen)

Targets: Johto starter (HG), Chimchar (Platinum)

Congratulations on your shiny Charmander!

As for me, I'm still going (albeit barely) for Zapdos and Articuno, and once this summer begins, the legendary dogs on Colosseum. Let it be known by all that once I have obtained those shiny Pokemon, I will be officially complete with 3rd gen shiny hunting.

Good luck, everyone.

I recently acquired a shiny serious growlithe! I plan on eving it in attack and speed.

Diamond FC: 2578-8698-9036 Name: Gaige
    Platinum FC: 0302-7939-8092 Name: Gaige

After 9986 encounters, a shiny Zigzagoon appeared in Ruby today! It is female and Jolly natured. n_n

Here's a picture: Shiny Zigzagoon appeared!

And here's a video

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Starlite ~
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Oshawott - 23rd October 2014 (Y - 1303 eggs)

I caught a shiny Zapdos last night! It has a Hasty nature, and some pretty good IVs.

Pics coming soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Blazing Charmander View Post
    Ironically, upon entering the mansion I encountered a Growlithe and thought about how awesome it would be to have a Shiny one. Looks like wishes sometimes do come true then .
    lol, same thing happened to me when I started my Leaf Green. Only I was in Viridian Forest looking for Pikachu thinking to myself how cool I thought Butterfree was when what do I run into, a shiny Caterpie. Funny how these things happen.

I was walking around in my Emerald game leveling up my pokemon wondering what it would be like to have a shiny; then all of a sudden a blue Electrike on the screen.

For me a shiny appears when I at least not ecspecting it...Like when I was fishing for Feebas, and a shiny Carvanha showed up...And a couple of days later a shiny Graveler showed up in the Magma Hideout...And just a coulpe of days before this, I didsome shiny hunting, but no luck...

I saw a Shiny Geodude once in Leaf Green, and I asked my brother to see if he could catch it - wrong desicion. He defeated, and I have since not seen a shiny Pokémon.
    Luxray is the Coolest!

The only shiny pokemon I have from the third gen is a Golbat from Sapphire... or was it Ruby...I forget. Anyway it was in meteor falls while I was relentlessly thiefing bagons for one dragon scale. After about five hours I encounter a shiny Golbat and captured it, no problem. Next battle was a bagon and it finally had a dragon scale! Yay!
    I have claimed Jynx!

Please click!

Tremble at the adorability of BABY TANGROWTH! Created by the incredibly skilled 705030!

Quote Originally Posted by Heliotrope View Post
    After 9986 encounters, a shiny Zigzagoon appeared in Ruby today! It is female and Jolly natured. n_n

Here's a picture: Shiny Zigzagoon appeared!

And here's a video
    Weird that the RUBY Zigzagoon I have is female with Jolly nature.

What do people think the Coolest looking shiny is?

Shiny Bastiodon.
    Last edited by Kolo67; 23rd May 2009 at 11:39 AM. Reason: New Picture
    Luxray is the Coolest!

I have gotten lucky and have seen and caught 3 shinies in 3 different games, in my silver I caught a shiny mareep which is now ampharos, in my emerald I caught a shiny loudred in victory road I think?, which is now exploud and last but not least in my fire red I saw a shiny growlithe and caught once again it is now an arcanine.

What do people think the Coolest looking shiny is?

Shiny Bastiodon.
    Well this is the 3rd gen shiny discussion...
    But my favourite shinies are Shellder and Cloyster anyways...

Hey, I heard about this Emerald RNG thing, and I was wondering if I should continue SR'ing for my shiny Rayquaza. I haven't caught a shiny yet. It's been 1111 SR's so far, but I'm scared that my secret ID or whatever makes it so that I'll have to wait several minutes before each SR to obtain a shiny...
    Current SR Target: (2201 SR's)
    in Sapphire.

Last night, I saw the "black curtains" in Emerald's Trainer's School after abusing the cloning glitch, so I wanted to see if the curtains would go away upon restarting it. I wasn't going to trade all the pokemon off yet, so I just restarted without saving. Did all the stuff, and chose Mudkip. Guess what? Shiny Zigzagoon popped up, the one attacking Prof Birch. I couldn't even believe what I was seeing, I had to pinch myself to see if I was dreaming. I wasn't. Also I have a picture to prove it, but its on my phone, and not to good quality.

On the bright side, the "black curtains" dissapeared, so I've started to clear every worthwhile thing off of Emerald.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

I have a new awesome shiny that appeared in Sapphire by SRing. Thats my 10th shiny in this same sapphire file!
    I gotten it 3 nights ago and it appeared while I was talking to my girlfriend online. Major thanks to her for making this possible since she gave me her e-reader.
    Took me 1 month and 22-25 days to get it shine.

stats
    IVs.. HP: 6-7
    Attack: 0-1
    Defense: 18-19
    Sp. attack: 26-27
    Sp. defense: 12-13
    Speed: 0-1 (ouch.. )

Here's my Youtube vid of the shiny Latios encounter and the capture of it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y40zbjQF_2Q

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...sCross/334.jpg
    My e-reader and the eon ticket for additional prove.. NO AR and NO warping code was used to get to Southern Island.

I'll go for shiny Latias in my Ruby and looking for random shiny in FireRed.
    New shiny: Squirtle (LG, SRing)
    Shiny count:94
    Random encounters: 12
    SR: 30
    Hatched: 6
    Pokeradar: 46

My shinies...
    http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...ndID=216041921
    Youtube account.. http://www.youtube.com/KaosDarkrai

Okay, here's a basic rundown of the past ten minutes:

I'm sitting at my laptop, reading a moveset analysis about Gardevoir. I have my black GBA SP in my lap.

My GBA SP: Gyaao! *bling bling bling*

My eyes stop their lateral movement across my laptop screen and become wide. My breath stops. I think my palms get a little sweaty.

I look down at my GBA SP.

And what do I see?

*points at avatar*

This is amazing. I'm in a battle with it right now. Here's a step-by-step of the battle so far: started out with shiny Zapdos, switched to shiny Scizor. On the switch in, it gets hit by Ice Beam and becomes frozen! No matter, I just wait it out until Scizor defrosts. I Swords Dance up twice, use False Swipe, and get it down to the low red zone (not exactly one HP, in case it uses Struggle). Now, I'm switching to shiny Lapras for Sing...goodness, shiny Articuno is so shiny, it's like it reflects a whole bunch of light, lol...beautiful. Lapras connects with Sing.

Time to catch it.

All I have are hordes of Great Balls, seven PokeBalls, and two Master Balls. I'd like it in a Great Ball, though.

I'll report back once I've caught it. Analysis on my luck will follow.

Edit: Congrats on the new shiny, CA!! And welcome back.

Edit2: SHINY GYAOO TRIO COMPLETE!!!!

I was able to snag it in a Great Ball! Ironically, all I had to do was False Swipe it down to 1 HP. It has a Gentle nature; here are its stats.

HP: 155
    Atk : 105
    Def: 108
    Satk: 105
    SDef: 145
    Speed: 90

Its nature is opposite of shiny Moltres'. And here I thought I wouldn't get any more shinies this month! Nice surprise my game had for me, lol. The IVs aren't great, and I know it, but at the very least it's shiny! And hey, as a bonus, it has a somewhat usable nature.

Now, I didn't know that I was going to get this shiny today, but I KNEW that if I wanted to get shiny Articuno, it would have to come from LG, and not FR. Ever since I got shiny Bulbasaur in November of '07, my FR and LG have alternated giving me shinies. First Bulba (FR) then Squirtle (LG). Next, Lapras (FR) then Moltres (LG). Finally, Zapdos (FR) and now, Articuno (LG)! The only thing that was different this time was that I didn't get a PokeRadar shiny between Zapdos and Articuno.

I know I said earlier that once I got I finished this trio, I would abandon hunting on the third gen, but I just can't. Three shinies from both of these? I need to milk this for what it's worth. One things for sure, I'm certain that randomizing my RNG helped Articuno appeared.

Now I definitely need to get a radar shiny...

Good luck, everyone!

Currently SR'ing for Groudon in Ruby. This is the second time I SR, I hope I'l be as lucky as the first one (Shiny Lugia in 400 SRs)
    IV gen shiny list

FriendCodes:

Pearl: 1333 5508 8573
    Platinum: 4168 0811 6496
    X: 4656 - 7346 - 4333 (Grumpig - Wobbuffet - Duosion)

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast