Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The DC/Marvel Comics Club II

Default The DC/Marvel Comics Club II

Okay the original club practically died, so i decided to repost it because it was sort of popular. Here are the original rules, with some edits.

Do you like DC or Marvel comics? Then join this club! We'll discuss everything from classic team ups to Final Crisis and Dark Reign. PM me or post to join the club, and I'll PM you back or post your status.

Rules-
    -People can have their own opinions, don't get mad at someone you don't agree with.
    -Don't spam
    -Be considerate and nice to others.
    -Respect people of power. If the president bans you from the club, listen to them
    -Abide by the club forum rules. Please read them before joining.
    -Have fun (or else).
    -Essentially just follow the serebii site rules and you should be okay.

New to this incarnation of the club will be contests (design a hero or villian) ranks (sidekick, hero, partner, butler, etc) that you gain by posting various information. overall, just add to the well of knowledge and you'll have fun...

(: -catseye4, club president
    Last edited by catseye4; 3rd February 2009 at 1:34 PM.

Yes! I want to join again.

the sad thing is that our local comic book store is out of business. However, the good news is that I am going to order subscriptions to Spiderman, Deadpool, and maybe something else to keep in touch with Dark Reign!

I love the exciting twist they keep doing in marvel.

I am a fan of DC also, but I just read marvel more.
    So, here is a topic: What do you think of Norman Osborn leading the Avengers?

It is crazy!
    About to do an X Scramble Challenge!!!
    Let me know if you would like to trade or battle!
    3DS Friend Code: 1779-0043-7163
    Name on 3DS: BT

thankyou so much for rejoining crowbatman! i also asked the other vets if they wanted to join, but so far no response. tell all your friends!
    i too am reading more marvel than DC these days. i think DC is trying too hard and not obtaining great results. on the other hand, i think marvel is doing amazing. i absolutely loved secret invasion!
    i'm kind of confused- is harry osborn menace?
    now there are more avengers teams than ever. the mighty is like the original one, but with some new twists (i love that new wasp costume). new is practically just a combination of the old mighty and new. lastly, dark is like mighty but evil. and what did Norman Osborn give the Sentry to make him join the team? i though that in the most recent issue of new avengers, it was really lame how Luke Cage was just like, "whatever. i lied. here is a crowbar through your window. bye." osborn is a pretty crafty guy. daken on the team and how wolverine responds is going to be interesting, along with Bullseye becoming hawkeye. no-varr as captain marvel doesn't feel right, he is just too different (he isn't even wearing a captain marvel costume). overall, i think that norman osborn leading the avengers is going to lead into some really cool and intense (awesomeazing) story arks. (;

Harry Osborn is not Menace! I thought he was until I read the newest Spiderman comic today. It is actually...Spoiler alert:    Spoiler:- Another Character:

I think Nick Fury is going to be Norman's villian. The roles have switched in the public opinion basically. The good guys are now villians, and the bad guys are now superheroes.
    Last edited by crobatman; 6th February 2009 at 3:55 AM.

i just read the new spideran today and it was pretty suprising. i definately did not expect that coming. but that leaves us to wonder what has harry been up to if he isn't menace?....
    even though the roles have switched in the public eye, it's just an illusion. osborn is probably up to something, considering most of the dark avengers are ex thunnderbolts and troublemakers.
    do you read cable? this is kind of random but in the latest issue the mutant messiah, hope, who is now seven or something, had a new hairstyle and looked like a boy. it was really wierd...

I'd like to join. Big Marvel Comics fan, and everyone here needs to read Secret Warriors #1. This isn't some BS change, this literally will re-shape the Marvel Universe.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Finally! someone else has joined the club.

I have not read much of Cable. I have only read the old Cable and Deadpool comic books.

I'm in. I'm an X-Pert on X-Men (haha I'm such a nerd...) so if you have an X-Men question just ask away ^_^

New topic: Favourite superhero?
    My favourites often change but at the moment I'm really liking Sage for some reason. I like it when they don't just have a super power to cause damage like a laser or something and I prefer it when they think about how to use their abilities and Sage does that very well.

Just to let you know I'm a marvel man and hate DC (:

It fluctuates between Spider-Man and Daredevil, and they share many of the same reasons as to why I like them. Captain America is high up on the list, as well as Iron Fist.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Meh I find them too superhero-y. Fair enough if its an early comic and then you expect some nice cheesy fun but in newer comics the storylines need to be fresh and not too good vs. evil with things like the Civil War and thats why the X-Men is awesome (imo) because its like a race row and arguing between humans and mutants which can be related to real life.

I would love to join

I love Marval comics, but definietly Spiderman.
    ~Credits to SwornMetalhead for the Banner~

welcome back mangaeyes! congrats on joining the club, pamizard and randomspot!
    the xmen franchise is one of my favorites in marvel. my favorite members of the xmen are probably nightcrawler or beast.
    my favorite dc character is definately robin, and for marvel it used to be iron man but now i'm leaning more towards thor. i'm also a blackpanther fan. did you know they're giving the black panther his own animated series? there may even be a live action black panther movie too.
    i have secret warriors and it is really awesome but i'm not completely done digesting it yet. nick fury is a beast! my favorite on the team is phobos (quote- "it's call of duty, nicholas.")
    topic idea- who do you think would be best in an animated series or movie?
    personally i want an iron fist movie. there would be some amazing action scenes, and you could even throw in luke cage. (;

Favourite villain(s)?
    I freakin' love Mystique and Sabretooth. They are just so evil and awesome and they haven't done the pathetic storyline where they show the big evil monster showing pity and they've kept Sabretooth and Mystique as the bloodthursty terrorists they are.

My favourite villians?

Marvel: Doctor Doom, Magneto, Norman Osborn, and Venom
    DC: Joker and Lex Luthor

We need to do a Superhero/villain matchup to discuss who would win in a fight.
    for example Hulk vs. Superman has been done many times.

Quote Originally Posted by crobatman View Post
    We need to do a Superhero/villain matchup to discuss who would win in a fight.
    for example Hulk vs. Superman has been done many times.

Haha Magneto vs. IronMan...........I wonder who would win...the man who controls metal or the man whose made out of metal...

actually in xmen manifest destiny they kind of turned mystique into a wimp. it was really dissapointing.
    favorite villian-
    dc- sinestro and hush
    marvel- the eddie brock venom and magneto
    for a hero/villian matchup how about war machine versus a sentinel army!!!
    did you know they're making static shock into a member of the teen titans soon? I used to love that show when i was younger and i even have some of the older static comics. now he is officially part of the dcu as of terror titans (he used to be part of a section of dc, called milestone) and will soon be joining the teen titans!
    is anyone going to read battle for the cowl? my bet is on dick grayson becoming batman, damian and robin (tim drake) joining together to fight crime, and on jason todd becoming red robin permanantly. you can see the official list of all eight batman franchise books after battle for the cowl on ign (i love that site). too bad batman is dead, though... (;

Quote Originally Posted by catseye4 View Post
    actually in xmen manifest destiny they kind of turned mystique into a wimp. it was really dissapointing.
    IT's not so much dissapointing. IT's natural. Her children have abandoned and hate her, there's no villanous group, and the X-Men want her dead and the only reason she isn't is because Wolverine had mercy on her.

That said, Manifest Destiny is horribly written.

by dissapointing i meant that they turned mystique into a kind of wimpish character. it's logical, just not not that exciting. i agree, randomspot,manifest destiny is badly written.
    how about namor versus dr.doom?
    does anyone else think that an alfed ongoing series would be awesome?
    a submariner live action movie would be pretty cool, but i doubt it is going to happen. actually, a dr. doom live action movie (that doesn't coinincide with the version seen in the FF movies) about his rise to power in lavateria and his origin would be cool. it wouLd just be called DOOM.

I would like to see Dr. Doom versus Magneto.
    I bet Dr. Doom would win because of magic though.

I have not read much of x-men in a while. The last I read was the Secret Invasion Tie-in, but I never got the last issue of it. What happened? I was very interestefd in Nightcrawler's stance.

at the end of xmen secet invasion they surrendered on the skrull ships, then released a strain of that virus that kills all mutants, but this time it works on skrulls instead. the skrull ships self destructed rather than infect more skrulls.
    i forget what happened with nightcrawler. i don't think it was anything big, but if i remember to check i'll let you know, crobatman.
    yesterday i just got the graphic novel with the first few thunderbolts issues, and it is really different from the modern thunderbolts. it is still really aweosme, though. you guys should check it out. (;

^^ And the Ellis' issues of Thunderbolts starts Norman Osborn's rise to power.

As far as X-Men: Secret Invasion goes, Nightcrawler was going to be revealed as a Skrull, but editorial axed the decision. That's why that sub-plot went nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    ^^ And the Ellis' issues of Thunderbolts starts Norman Osborn's rise to power.
    Which is my favorite incarnation of the Thunderbolts!!! Penance = Awesome!!!!!

I'm a total Marvel fan, although I enjoy DC's Teen Titans every so often.

Love the current Avenger's storylines. Yes, all three of them. And I'm looking forward to Dark Reign's Young Avengers mini.

The Eh No Make Li'Dat Crew
    Crew|Notepad|PC|DT

Quote Originally Posted by thed3 View Post
    Love the current Avenger's storylines. Yes, all three of them. And I'm looking forward to Dark Reign's Young Avengers mini.
    No way.

Dark Avengers has yet to have a story (Though I'm sure it'll be good), New is off to a good start, but Mighty Avengers will probably take the "worst issue of 2009 from a non-Jeph Loeb authored work" for me.

It blatantly ignores every piece of continuity possible. It disconnects itself so much from the MU just so Dan Slott can do his classic 60s avengers story. He plot devices many past Avengers, plot devices Pym into being a leader instead of letting him evolve into one naturally, then he kills off 4 major characters just so everyone knows HOW SERIOUS THIS IS!

Oh, and the Scarlet Witch is all better, has her powers back, and is fine and sane and all that good stuff.

Is any of that explained in the issue? Or even start to explain how any of this is possible? Psssh, we'll get to that later.

It's like a 616 version of Ultimatum, except the stream-of-crap is from Slott instead of Loeb.

I hate it when they kill people and randomly bring them back. Colossus and Psylocke come to mind.

I jus finished Wolverine: Get Mystique. I thought it was good. ^_^
    Last edited by mangaeyes; 26th February 2009 at 5:34 PM.

hey guys this might be kind of random but who do you think is better-
    Jarvis or Alfred???
    Personally I'll have to go with Alfred. (;

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast