Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hold the Phione! (581)

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    Too bad Ash couldn't do any gym training in that episode.
    Which is why Dawn wanted to dedicate this episode to Shopping. Yeah, I was laughing Ash, Brock, and Pikachu, had to be the bag carriers. XD

How Dawn was admiring and holding the Phione Doll made think of May and Manaphy hugging. :3 Very sweet.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Well, Phione was revealed to be one of the weakest, if not the weakest, legendary Pokémon. It was an okay episode though but other than the battle between Phione and Buneary nothing else really happened. Though, it was strange seeing the trio stretch to go shopping in the end was a waste of time.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

i am really loving these summer related episodes that Pokemon International is throwing in. Likewise, the Phione was quite the fun type. I liked the submarine part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimchar15 View Post
    LMAFO why? It's not like the abilities are that broken. Ok maybe a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgic Hybrid View Post
    Pokemon: Harem Frontier. I can already smell the ratings.

To be fair, I must say that it's certainly hard for every episode to live up to our expectations after the great Iron Island adventure and last week's Deoxys episode. Nevertheless, in my opinion today's episode was quite decent, entertaining and of course cute.

Here are my favorite scenes:
    - Meowth envisioning having to understudy Phione. The expression on his face was priceless. Poor Meowth ...he always comes off worst:lol:

-Yippee, finally another boss fantasy! Weird though the may sometimes be, but I missed them.

- Ash, Dawn and Brock and their Pokemon warming up...what a cute scene! Especially the Pokemon were just adorable.
    They did all that stretching just for Dawn to go "now let's go shopping!"
    You probably got that wrong. It was Ash who wanted to start training and he repeated this several times. I'm sure Ash was about to begin his training and therefore warmed up first, when it suddenly struck Dawn that she wanted to go shopping. I was looking forward to seeing a short training unit, but no...Girls and her incomprehensible love for shopping.hdear: Yeah, Ash and Brock, I did understand what you felt while you were standing around in that supermarket carrying Dawn's bags. This also kinda reminded me of Jessie's dominance over James and Meowth.

- Confused Meowth. Watching him stumbling around and mumbling pointless stuff was hilarious :lol: Undoubtedly, the best scene of the entire episode!

- Phione is in love with Buneary, which, however, is in love with Pikachu, which doesn't seem to be interested in love in the least. Complicated love triangle:love:

- My ultimate theory why they had the salesman mention cell phones: Have you thought about the fact yet that if you mix the letters in "P H I O N E", you'll get iPhone! Do I have to say anything else? :-D Pretty good advertising if you ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by PDL View Post
    Also, am I really the only one who pronounced Phione correctly?
    Nope. Although I'm not a native speaker of English, I inferred the right pronunciation from the spelling of the word without having heard it before.

A decent, cute episode
    6.5 out of 10 points
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999

Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse GS the II View Post
    Yeah, I was wondering the same thing, frankly. 'Cause that wasn't a 4Kids decision, to my knowledge - it's a law stating that real-life children's merchandise can't be depicted on kids' shows in America, since it's interpreted as a form of advertising. Does that not apply anymore?

I have been waiting for this one to see what they do with the phione dolls... and they kept them.. makes me wonder about this law...

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Renting submarines are...wow.

I loved the episode and I think that Phione is really cute and how it has a crush on Buneary. I was surprised they didn't mention Manaphy and how it can "breed". Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Juputoru View Post

-BUY PHIONE MERCHANDISE.
    -God all those dolls and things have soulless eyes. I'm scared, mommy!
    -Am I imagining things or does this saleman sound exactly like Professor Oak? Oh wait, Japan has as many different VAs as the States do :x
    -Oh no! Team Rocket! I bet they're planning on stealing all the wild Phione that nobody owns!
    -This episode is brought to you by All Those Stupid Fish Pokemon That The Writers Can't Showcase Without Making Excuse To Put People Underwater.
    -That one Phione seems to like what it sees! I'm not sure why since Buneary is a fuzzy land bunny and Phione is a...water......thing......, but hey. TRU LUV!
    -I have no clue what's going on in today's Meowth Acid Trip, but I'm lovin' it.
    -Sadly for Phione, love between land rabbits and water mutants was never meant to be, and the episode ended on a tragic note...oh, wait, sorry, Pokemon.
    -And those two Phione just ditched the one that was so star struck by Buneary. Can't really blame them.
    -Oh no! Team Rocket caught a wild Pokemon! WHERE IS ASHNCO?!
    -AshNCo makes its bonds even tighter by doing morning stretches together. Huh.
    -I think one of the writers bumped his head, since we're seeing Pokemon of Dawn's that aren't Piplup, and they have their old traces of personality!
    -Wait, TR put Phione in a cooking pot? NO, NO EATING SEA MUTANT! BAD TEAM ROCKET!
    -Oh god it's entered the water system. WE ARE ALL DOOMED! DOOMED TO DRINKING SEA MUTANT!
    -And the lady in the kitchen reacts to a sea thalidomide baby coming out of the faucet in the only proper way: Screaming
    -Of COURSE the one time AshNCo rides a bus somewhere is the one time they're being followed by a sea monster.
    -Look! Pokeball seals! And you know how YOU can get some of those! Buy Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum, and you can make your POkeballs as cool as Dawn's!
    -That's right Ash! Team Rocket CANNOT be allowed to catch a wild Pokemon!
    -And Phione simply cannot approve of Buneary favoring Pikachu. Although Pikachu doesn't really give a damn I mean really everything here is one-sided.
    -PHINE! PHINE! PHINE! is going to haunt my dreams tonight.
    -I'm not one of those freakish superhumans who can tell who animates what just by glancing at a scene, but even I can tell that whoever drew TR near the end is hilariously bad.
    Wow, you sure thought through this episode. You must have alot of time on your hands. Although most of what you said didn't make sense at ALL 0.o

Quote: -I think one of the writers bumped his head, since we're seeing Pokemon of Dawn's that aren't Piplup, and they have their old traces of personality!

I think you bumped your head on something.........

PearlShipping

~Hikari~ Diajobu!
    I will always be by your side...
    My proud Pokétch shines in a pink light .
    I'm always looking for what's in front of me
    I'll become stronger, by your side...
    When I say "Do your best."
    I want to tell you "No need to worry"
    All my dreams and all my feelings
    I hold them close to my heart as I continue my journey

I liked it, Phione was really cute!

I always pronouced it as Phy-own. :/

But this was the best part:

http://i39.*******.com/2iu2gjd.jpg

XD

Thanks to Espeon Lover for the glitter name!

The Trainer Card was done by me!

The Jirachi in my TC was recoloured by me, but the sprite itself was made by Pokesho!

The Pokémon Diamond and Pearl sprites were ripped by Eevee, Zhen Lin, pika and Pipian.

Want to help MMV and still have great Wii games from them?
    Join and see what great Wii and DS games they have,
    buy them, and pass the word to your friends, the more the merrier!

The first appearance of Phione! Let's see what I have to say about this...

When I first heard its name on this episode, I was dumbstruck on the fact that I've mispronounced it.

In any case, if anyone manages to catch sight of these, they bring about good fortune; I don't know what happens if you capture one, but chances are that the gods will smile upon you. Unfortunately, that's made just about impossible due to the fact that Phione has Acid Armor & won't hesitate to use it in order to get away from the person's clutches. Its clever use of Acid Armor helped it escape from the likes of TR, & into the water system in its search for Dawn's Buneary, which for some strange reason has captivated Phione. The only problem? Pikachu.

Phione isn't too happy about that, & demands a fight against Pikachu, but instead, Buneary steps up to the plate. Phione has DT & Supersonic, which is a double whammy, but when it comes to Ice Beam spamming, it's no contest; Buneary's beam beats it hands down. So, no date for the sad Phione, it's time to go back into the ocean.

*continues to linger around*

the boss fantasy in this episode was one of the best.
    Platinum
    FC: 4082 -5563- 0656

I really loved that episode, it was sooo cute!

Phione is the pre-evolve form of wabafet right?

:_)
    1. You are now reading my signature.
    2. You are wondering why you are reading it?
    3.You say that you are already half way so why not?
    5. You didn't notice I skipped 4
    6. You are now chacking if I mist four.
    8. You are now smiling.
    9. You didn't notice I skipped 7.
    10. hehehe!!!!
    11. I love ya all for reading my signature!!!!=]

[IMG]http://i35.*******.com/2zsb7g1.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i33.*******.com/flyiiq.png[/IMG]

credit belong to the one and only Rosemary!
    thank you so much

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Quote Originally Posted by 5ilVer View Post

No, Wynaut is the pre-evolved form. Phione is a different pokemon and doesn't have any pre-evolutions or evolutions.

Quote Originally Posted by 5ilVer View Post

Phione is the offspring of Manaphy

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

The bit when Ash , brock and Dawn were stretching then Dawn wanted to go shopping was quite funny hehe. Also the idea if you see a Phione you will get good luck was good as well
    Ash and Brock with the bags was priceless as well hehe
    Glad to see Pachrisu in this episode as well i havent really seen it for a while
    Brock understanding Phiones relationship problems was funny as well
    Overall a good episode in run up to the contest next episode

I liked this episode. It had alot of funny parts.
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 2105-8824-8167
    PM me if you add me so I can add you

My Friend Safari (Water): Bibarel , Gyarados , Azumarill

Safaris I am looking for with these Pokemon:
    1. Drifblim
    2. Poliwhirl
    3. Heracross
    4. Whirlipede
    5. Gothorita
    6. Forretress
    7. Sigilyph

wend is the title of this tread getting renamed?
    Platinum
    FC: 4082 -5563- 0656

One minute in, Phione already objectified.

Uh, is that vest is sowed onto Buneary?

"Know what this means"
    "We'll be so happy together, forever"
    Lutheran weddings are so short.

Well Rockets, wish in one hand, crap in the other and...

"...by catching one of those lucky charms"
    "Intriguing, in an easy to digest format"
    No. Going for the Magically Delicious would be TOO EASY. Stop writing your scripts on an empty stomach!

Next, slow cook the Phione on LOW for 8-9 hours. Immediately serve in thin slices, with the thickened pan juices ladled over the top.

A hose, the sink, pool filters, the new Phiono unclogs them all. A plumber will never enter your house again!

Does this seal make my butt look big?

It looks like Piplup got the cold shoulder.

Why do keep praising Jess? You know she ain't ever giving back your self-respect.

Yes. Appeal to your audience, beat up the cute Phione.
    On second thought, I wanna see some blood.

Enough you two. Let Team Rocket stupidly get involved!

So what about that date? When what freezes over?

Phione cult, I think its time we considered that suicide pact.

6/10 I keep forgetting how Uber powerful Acid Armor is. This isn't a defensive maneuver, you outright avoid, transform, camouflage, and nullify any physical attacks in one move. Note to self: Never include the words "alter cellular structure" in any attack not named Transform ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Genome View Post
    One minute in, Phione already objectified.

Uh, is that vest is sowed onto Buneary?

"Know what this means"
    "We'll be so happy together, forever"
    Lutheran weddings are so short.

Well Rockets, wish in one hand, crap in the other and...

"...by catching one of those lucky charms"
    "Intriguing, in an easy to digest format"
    No. Going for the Magically Delicious would be TOO EASY. Stop writing your scripts on an empty stomach!

Next, slow cook the Phione on LOW for 8-9 hours. Immediately serve in thin slices, with the thickened pan juices ladled over the top.

A hose, the sink, pool filters, the new Phiono unclogs them all. A plumber will never enter your house again!

Does this seal make my butt look big?

It looks like Piplup got the cold shoulder.

Why do keep praising Jess? You know she ain't ever giving back your self-respect.

Yes. Appeal to your audience, beat up the cute Phione.
    On second thought, I wanna see some blood.

Enough you two. Let Team Rocket stupidly get involved!

So what about that date? When what freezes over?

Phione cult, I think its time we considered that suicide pact.

6/10 I keep forgetting how Uber powerful Acid Armor is. This isn't a defensive maneuver, you outright avoid, transform, camouflage, and nullify any physical attacks in one move. Note to self: Never include the words "alter cellular structure" in any attack not named Transform ever again.
    no it is not sowed on buneary. yea thats y piplup should be in the damn pokeball.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

"Fee-oh-nay"? WTF? It's "fee-own"! Phonetically correct and sounds so much better!
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    Phione plushies are being sold in Akabi Town. But hey, this series as a whole is one big advertisement. And a Phione festival? That's like having a festival for Aquaman. After all, they're both totally useless aquatic denizens.

Unsurprisingly, Movie 9 BGM comprised the majority of this episode. And apparently, Phione is a slime monster who can ooze through garden hoses and kitchen faucets and will someday probably end up in a can of Sierra Mist.

A decent episode with not a hell of a lot going on. And I know somebody who's going to be unhealthily excited over a certain giant plush in a certain Giovanni fantasy...
    ROFL!!!!!

I hated that piplup interfered with the battle and phoine. One more reason to keep in the ball and let it rot in there.
    Last edited by Darkxninga; 21st July 2009 at 6:13 PM.
    .:No Longer on Serebiiforums/.net:.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigglychu View Post
    "Fee-oh-nay"? WTF? It's "fee-own"! Phonetically correct and sounds so much better!
    Did you actually see the episode? I expect not because if you had you would have heard them repetedly stating the name "fee-oh-nay." Next time, watch the episode before making assumptions like that.
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

A genderless Pheone love with a Buneary. Pheones are cute, aren't they suppose to be legendery pokemon? Because there so many pheones and there the type of manephy.

Quote Originally Posted by celebitrainer View Post
    Did you actually see the episode? I expect not because if you had you would have heard them repetedly stating the name "fee-oh-nay." Next time, watch the episode before making assumptions like that.
    I did watch it; the pronounciation "Fee-oh-nay" in the episode is what i was referring to. I just meant IMO it should have been "fee-own".
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

Well, even though in the show they repeatively called it "fee-oh-nay (pronounced)" I agree that it should have been just called "Fee-own" it sounds much better and I used to call it something like that anyway until the show came on because of the way it was spelled.
    Im not surprised I pronounced the name wrong for the longest time, but I woulda never got it right until the show came on anyway.
    Last edited by Darkxninga; 24th August 2009 at 4:39 AM.

I thought it was a very cute episode, i was suprised that Pikachu didn't really do anything about Phione liking Buneary..... becouse we all know that they are totally canon right? XD jk. I loved this episode.

---------- join ever grande city, a fun and new pokemon forum!! // tumblr

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast