View Poll Results: What do you think of my skill as a spriter.

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Really good, don't see much else to improve on.

20 20.83%
  • Pretty good, a little more work here and there.

51 53.13%
  • Decent, good but needs to work on shading/line work.

18 18.75%
  • okay, has good ideas, but needs a lot more work.

1 1.04%
  • Bad, needs a ton of improvement and work in spriting.

6 6.25%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: -Raiga-'s sprites

Default -Raiga-'s sprites

*NEWEST*

*Old Stuff*

Keep in mind everything not in the new section is pretty old, however that doesn't mean I won't accept criticism on it. I am looking for criticism on almost everthing in the new section though.

Fusions-

Fakes-

Squibble

Tiles-

Walking surfaces/trees/signs/dirt

Pond water/pond water with fish and leaves
    Last edited by -Raiga-; 11th April 2013 at 5:35 AM.

I like how your sprites are detailed, and unique. on the Snorlax the face is very unclear, making it a bit how i say bad, oh and you should also work on the shading of it. the lunatone fusion is very good and well done , no criticism.
    I'm Back!!!
    FC is 4656 6891 6580

You've used Iaza, I see. Well, there's too much white in the snorlax, so that was eliminated. It kind of looks strange, but from what I can see, it looks pretty good. Nice job!

they are looking good, can wait to see more from you!

You're on the phone with your girlfriend
    She's upset.
    She's going off about something that you said
    'Cuz she dosent get your humor like I do...
    I'm in the room
    It's a typical Tuesday night
    I'm listening to the kind of music she dosen't like
    And she'll never know your story like I do'

But she wears short skirts
    I wear T-shirts
    She's cheer captain
    And I'm in the bleachers
    Dreaming about the day when you wake up
    And find what you're looking for has been here the whole time

If you could see that I'm the one who understands you
    Been here all along so why can't you see, you
    You belong with me...

Quote Originally Posted by gtab x3 View Post
    I like how your sprites are detailed, and unique. on the Snorlax the face is very unclear, making it a bit how i say bad, oh and you should also work on the shading of it. the lunatone fusion is very good and well done , no criticism.
    The snorlax/entei fusion was done awhile ago, and I didn't want to just post two sprites, so I'm going to work on it some more later. Thanks for the reply.
    ----------------------------------

I definitely like the lunar octillery the best probably because of the consistency of the design.

The only thing that's really bothering me is the transparency issues, but that's no reason to judge :x

Credits to Skyomi for the amazing banner(s)

T ofix teh transparency issues, select a basic MS Paint color you won't need. Then go to custom colors and change it to white. Then move it the slightest bit down so ti is off-white. Then, make a box with a black out line and fill it ni with off-white. Use the bucket tool to fill in any white (now transparent) parts with off-white, and it'll look fine when you WBG it.

All in all, your sprites are quite good. A little CPish, bu tthe Snortei is amazing. Make some more!
    Sapphire Fighting Monotype Challenge
    Badges: 6
    Team:
    Li; Mahatma; Jackie; Bruce; Hellga; Banner

Here is my latest fusion, venagon:

Thanks for the help alder, and not to sound rude, but could you tell me what is copy-past like about the fusions, because besides the the lunatone head on the octillery fusion, I scratched every singe added thing on the other fusions, and edited some other things as well. By the way, I like the name you gave the entei/snorlax mix, I think I'll use snortei for the fusion name from now on

Its been quite a while since I've posted here, but here is a tileset for grass and dirt I made in about an hour or so for a pokemon fan game. Its not the final version, so please tell me what you think about it.

The grass looks a little odd to me, so I might change that later.

These look great so far! Keep up the good work

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2qnqtyf.jpg[/IMG]
    Looks like I might be here to stay...

PASBL Trainer Level: 4 | 26-12-8 | 77 KO's | 199 TP | 0 SP
    PASBL Referee (C+)
    | Squad | League Table |

[.:Badges:.]
    Reffing Badge
    Onslaught Badge

Thank you very much I_D!

Its not a lot, but I got to spriting today, and made a few other tiles.

Please reply which of the stairs(upper right) and which color of water you like best, so I can branch off from there as far as deciding color for other things.

Also, I have to fix the tree, as right now it is way to top-down perspective wise. Plus the shading is screwed up, but comment anyway if you wish.

Pond water...and since pond water isn't that enthralling I decided to add some leaves and small fish as optional tiles

Here was my entry for the mix part of the indigo isle 3 contest.

I missed entering by about 10 minutes before it closed cause I thought it was posted tuesday of that week, not monday, so I thought I would of had an extra day. Either way, it was a fun group of sprites to fuse(Ho-oh, pelipper, altaria). I was going to add another pokemon, but since I missed the date for entering I thought I would just use these three. I think the Ho-oh hat turned out nice, just wish I could do a little more with pelipper, but I may work on it some more later.
    Last edited by -Raiga-; 11th April 2009 at 8:34 PM.

theyre very good I like em! I like the altaria you have there ^^
    Y Team :3

pics from spp :3

My thread is back from the dead.

This time with my newest sprite, FLYING CHUCK!

Well, not necessarily flying, but doing a kick from a one hand-stand. Props to anyone who knows where the title comes from though.

I was going to enter this in the wsc for week 48 but as I expected(and for good reason too) it closed on time and I couldn't finish until recently.

Anyways, despite knowing what I could do in some areas, I always seem to find things that would contradict it. Which has always been my downfall for sprites, so I'm looking for some HELP on what to do.

Here is what I know I could do better, or just comments on making it.

-All of the feet and hands(except maybe his left hand) need a lot of work. I think I had most of them right in the linework, but I just simply don't get how to do the lineshading. So try and help if you can on this.

-The intersection where his right arm and chest meet looks too dark. This is one of the contradictions I was talking about, since It should be dark because of the shadow cast, but it looks odd if you keep it the way I have it now.

-On his left pant leg, there is a highlight on his leg, but I left the line surrounding it black instead of the darkest shade of maroon. I did this primarily because with the maroon, it gets too light especially due to being next to the white color, and ends up looking like there is no line.

-Theres no knot in the belt, which I know to be correct I should and maybe will add, it would just screw up a lot of the linework given its placement.

-His ear looks screwed up. I just didn't know how to go about it, but I think I'll try and chop of a few pixels. Since the way I have it now the perspective makes it look like his head should be turned a bit more to the left(his, not ours).

So if anyone can offer help on those problems, or the many others I'm sure exist, please do post if you have the time.

And keep in mind its my first trainer sprite EVER, so I did the best from what I could tell, but I still don't know all the differences between this and normal pokemon spriting. DO NOT VIEW IN DARK SKIN(as I used way too much black).

so that's what you were going to enter, would've got my vote, though he seems under-shaded on his skin but I understand there are limited shades allowed, and chucks a shadey man lol, on Your tiles, the tree top seems to pointy for the rest of the tree,

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    so that's what you were going to enter, would've got my vote, though he seems under-shaded on his skin but I understand there are limited shades allowed, and chucks a shadey man lol, on Your tiles, the tree top seems to pointy for the rest of the tree,
    Thanks a lot for liking the chuck sprite. I know though that he should be shaded more on the skin, but if you look at his hgss sprite it isn't shaded much either on the skin.

I think I have an updated tree already done, I'll see if i can upload it tomorrow, thanks for the advice though.

yeah I noticed that on the official sprite too, it's because there's a lack of skin tones for people with other colors that take up the 16 color limit.

Ooh, these are fantastic!
    I really like the tiles, and how you made them look like your own style.I love the fusions and scratches. Great job!
    But, on chuck, the second closest fnger to us, looks, odd.and the face, is at an angle, but the hair and side burns are facing us.

i hope to see more
    [IMG]http://i38.*******.com/350wbwx.png[/IMG]

Credit goes to Crickee for the amazing banner and prof. pic ^=^

Omg I Love The Snorlax and Entei One,Its Fab!

Quote Originally Posted by Kecleoshrew View Post
    Ooh, these are fantastic!
    I really like the tiles, and how you made them look like your own style.I love the fusions and scratches. Great job!

i hope to see more
    Thanks a lot! Unfortunately while I would like to, I can't promise more sprites as it seems I make a new sprite ever 3-4 months, but I did like spriting the trainer sprite so who knows.

The face, is at an angle, but the hair and side burns are facing us.
    About the face angle, like I mentioned before I was thinking to get rid of most of his right ear pixels as it didn't fit with angle, however I don't think that most of the sideburns are done wrong. I will agree if I keep the ear some of the pixels on his left side of his head should be taken off, but keep in mind that his head is turned a bit to his right AND turned towards us a little. In which foreshortening would show a tiny bit more of his sideburns.

But, on chuck, the second closest fnger to us, looks, odd.
    Not sure if you read this but from my post with the chuck sprite but,

"All of the feet and hands(except maybe his left hand) need a lot of work. I think I had most of them right in the linework, but I just simply don't get how to do the lineshading. So try and help if you can on this."

I already realize that the hands and fingers are wrong, but telling me they are odd is something I know and won't help me fix them.

However thanks for the critique altogether.

Omg I Love The Snorlax and Entei One,Its Fab!
    Thank you very much, to this day its still the sprite I spent the most amount of time on, I'll have to go back and redo it if I get the chance.

Still looking for some more help on the chuck sprite, or others for that matter. So post if you have any help or just want to say what you like about it for future reference on my part.

Here is a simple pixel over on a picture from the serebii episode pictures of dawn's mamoswine. If you really need the pic to compare, I'll find it and load it up, but I'm too lazy right now to do it.

The main reason I uploaded it was just to see if there are any noticeble mistakes before I start to reshade it.

Another reason is because I'm still looking for some more criticism on my chuck sprite I made a while back.

Expect another trainer sprite in a few days or so, I'm really excited about this one.

Another pixel over...

Still looking for help with the chuck trainer sprite and either of these pixel over. Also ignore the stray pixel at the top.

Haha! I love your fusions they look so cool and good detailed! I would love to see more of your work! =]
    Nice Sudowoodo Pixel over!

Default raiga...

wai... RAIGA? i made up the name raiga!!! either we both have awesome minds, or you got it from me, plasmi!
    p.s. please tell me you havent made up raish, plasmi, lapis or anything like that

ZIGGY!

Wow. I confess myself very impressed
    The fusions look very realistic and not at all copy+pasty
    The pixel over is great, and your work as a whole is phenomenal!

I always have to put constructive crit though.... errmm... it's hard to pick out one for you

Maybe the Sudowoodo is a little bit grainy on the colours? Otherwise fantastic!

Keep it up!
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/mw2usj.png[/IMG]

SoulSilver Team at the moment

Lv 80 Lv 80
    Lv 80 Lv 80
    Lv 80 Lv 80

Haha! I love your fusions they look so cool and good detailed! I would love to see more of your work! =]
    Nice Sudowoodo Pixel over!
    Thanks you very much!

wai... RAIGA? i made up the name raiga!!! either we both have awesome minds, or you got it from me, plasmi!
    p.s. please tell me you havent made up raish, plasmi, lapis or anything like that
    Wow thats a great story, it would be nice if maybe you could comment on what the thread is about. Not to mention no one has a copyright on a name, plus, how old are? I doubt your older than I am, and I "created" the name a while back.

Wow. I confess myself very impressed
    The fusions look very realistic and not at all copy+pasty
    The pixel over is great, and your work as a whole is phenomenal!

I always have to put constructive crit though.... errmm... it's hard to pick out one for you

Maybe the Sudowoodo is a little bit grainy on the colours? Otherwise fantastic!

Keep it up!
    Thanks, its great to know what I'm doing right.

However, on the crit, I have to ask what exactly you mean by grainy. Since not only was that sort of the look I was going for, keep in mind sudowoodo is made of wood so it makes sense for at least his brown parts.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast