Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Aerialshipping Discussion Thread

Default Aerialshipping Discussion Thread

Welcome to the Aerialshipping Thread!

Aerialshipping is the lovely shipping between Hajime/Kellyn x Satoshi/Ash.

For those who do not know, Hajime/Kellyn is the male playable character in Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia. And if you do not know who Satoshi/Ash is, well.......

Aerialshipping is my OTP. Indeed it is. Yes, I know Kellyn only appeared in the two-part Kidnapped Riolu episode (so far). I don't care.

Owner: S-Unit
    Co-owner: riolulu

Aerialshipping Fans:
    Tadashi
    Katsu Koneko
    CheekyJoy23
    Mel-Girl
    Sweet May
    Legerdemain
    Blue Flame
    Fuji 2.0
    altair_chan
    PikaSonic
    The 2nd Coming of Gaara
    WGCV23
    Plusle+Minun

The Rules (Very Important)
    -Please follow the Serebii Forums Rules, The Shippers Community Rules, and the Shipping Members' FAQs. These rules, while not as draconian as many universities' plagarism policies, must be followed.
    -Excessive and foul language will not be tolerated, please use a thesaurus or otherwise keep it to an absolute minimum.
    -Please stay on topic. No spam, unrelated issues, flaming, bashing, etc.
    -Please make your posts substantial. Keep the one-liners to a bare minimum.
    -No double/triple/etc. posting. Server lags are common here, so if you accidentally double-post, please delete the extra post.
    -No revival of old topics. Not only do we not wish to be repetitive, but it doesn't not add anything new or substantial.
    -No posting about banned topics
    -Please use spoiler tags for anything from episodes that have not been aired outside of Japan.
    -Please post using url links for Fan Fiction, Fan Art, Episode screencaps, etc., so as to not clutter up the thread. Also give credit to the author/artist of any Fan Fiction and Fan Art (unless it is your own).
    -Please keep submissions tasteful. That means no NC-17, violence, extreme nudity, etc. Posting of these here will result in a ban.
    -Please do not post just for the sake of advertising your own Fan Fiction or Fan Art. You may include your own works, but as part of a larger post that contributes to the general discussion.

If anyone has a question about these rules or anything else, please PM me.

This thread will operate on a "three strikes, you're out" rule. Violation of these rules will result in a warning. If you violate these rules more than three times, you will be banned from the thread and reported to a moderator.

Violation of these rules will result in an automatic ban:
    -Posting fiction, art, AMVs, or links to fiction, art, AMVs that contain violence, extreme nudity, etc.
    -Posts dedicated solely to advertise Fan Fiction, Fan Art, AMVs, etc.
    -Posts bashing/flaming the characters and other members.

Warning List:
    Blue Flame

Ban List:

Okay now, first topic:

In the Kidnapped Riolu two-parter, what do you think was the most obvious Aerialshipping hint?
    Last edited by S-Unit; 6th July 2009 at 12:59 AM.
    Thanks to Sweet May for the Jun icon on my profile!
        Spoiler:- Claims and Ships and Friend Codes...OYEAK!:

why do you support Aerialshipping?

^ coz i can ^

um...I looked up Kellyn on bulbapedia and I was like "woah look at this crazy hott guy!!!!" so, naturally, I'm pairing him with Ash and all that. :3 yes. Why has no one else posted here??

can I be co-owner??

~riolulu

Always, I wanna be with you
    And make believe with you
    And live in harmony, harmony
    Oh love!

I will always love you.
    Please wait for me.

Ah yes riolulu, I was wondering when you's show up, lol.

Why do you support Aerialshipping?

Because Kellyn and Ash are so totally hot together, and Kellyn is so obviously pining for him. To borrow a quote, *because I can.* And because it is my OTP.

In the Kidnapped Riolu two-parter, what do you think was the most obvious Aerialshipping hint?

Let me see, the times where Kellyn puts his hand on Ash's shoulder, as well as when he displays his concern about Ash when he's being pursued by Hunter J (and acting very professional about it).

Hey, what about me? D: lol jk.

Ooh ooh, pick me! I know this one! X3 I think my favorite hint (aside from the one S-Unit mentioned) was just the overall body language they had. When Kellyn was applying medicine to Riolu, Ash was, literally, a foot away X3 Kellyn was looking out for Ash the whole time, and he acted pretty quickly in the times when Ash needed help ^_^

For the reasons stated above... they seemed to make a close bond together, you know? ^^ A Trainer and a Ranger, working side-by-side, with a common goal... wowee! .................. Okay! And they look good together! Happy? ._.
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

Quote Originally Posted by Tadashi View Post
    Hey, what about me? D: lol jk.

AHHH Tadashi! Welcome to the party!

Ash was, literally, a foot away X3 Kellyn was looking out for Ash the whole time, and he acted pretty quickly in the times when Ash needed help ^_^
    You mean like:

For the reasons stated above... they seemed to make a close bond together, you know? ^^ A Trainer and a Ranger, working side-by-side, with a common goal... wowee! .................. Okay! And they look good together! Happy? ._.
    Oh yes, I do know. Two people working together with a common goal can be one of the most powerful bonds of all. And of course the fact that they look hot together is the only reason a yaoi fangirl/fanboi needs.

I haven't watched the whole thing yet, but it was nice how in the beginning when riolu was about to attack Ash and Kellyn jumped out of nowhere to the rescue.

oh, and btw, I decided I will take screenshots while I watch the ep when I get around to watching it for you guys. :3

and...yeah that's it.

~riolulu

Oh love!

I will always love you.
    Please wait for me.

It is I the shipping creator! xD

Yeah I named it. Go me. Hehe. -shot-

why do you support Aerialshipping?
    Well, I really like how they interacted in the two-parter. They work really great together.

Nya, I thought of when he saved Satoshi from being squashed. xD

Yay, welcome Katsu XD

The thread is getting deadish, so I think it is time for a new topic:

Under what circumstances do you see Ash and Kellyn getting together?

I would say that it would be likely under extreme circumstances where Kellyn was called upon to protect Ash in some fashion kinda like my current aerialshipping fanfic. Both Ash and Kellyn thrive under tough situations, which, if faced together, creates a strong bond between them.

To show what their bond may look like, I've created an Aerialshipping fanart: http://d-s-unit.deviantart.com/art/A...ping-113190851
    Last edited by S-Unit; 17th February 2009 at 9:53 AM. Reason: Adding to the conversation

This shall not die! >_<

Quote Originally Posted by S-Unit View Post
    You mean like:

Yes, yes I do Oh and there's plenty more moments, of course, but that first picture with the two of them tending to Riolu :3 That was so cute, the two of them side by side ^^ Yes, it's an excuse to get close, wut~

Who else thinks I should do some screencaps? lol

Topic nao~

Ooh ooh, I know! I'd like to see Kellyn reappear in Sinnoh sometime ^^ Perhaps not necessarily to thwart Hunter J again, though it would be pretty cool if he did... yeah, plot recycling, but it'd be fun to see them team up again for old time's sake

Getting together, though... I've always wanted to see Ash get stuck with another guy during a snowstorm en route to Snowpoint City ^^ If Kellyn's around, doing another mission in the area... perhaps they get lost, you know? *wink wink*

This shall not die! >_<
    =DDD thank you for saving the thread, Tadashi!!!

Who else thinks I should do some screencaps? lol
    topic time!

lol, i thought you meant dating and I was like "squee!!!" XD well, I think Kellyn should be in the next movie and some pokemon is trying to do something but not on kellyn's watch! He must protect Ash from this pokemon while some other rangers take care of it! =D *shot* fail

~riolulu

Oh love!

I will always love you.
    Please wait for me.

Hugs and kisses Tadashi and riolulu for keeping the thread alive!

Well, riolulu, that could mean how Satoshi and Hajime hook up. Life or death circumstances seem to be the angle that I get at (I don't care what Sandra Bullock says in Speed, extreme circumstance relations are fun).

And Tadashi, thanks for the screencaps (and yes, you should make some more)! Getting lost in the snow near Snowpoint City is a good way to for them to connect together and discover their chemistry. *gets chapter idea for Duty and Conflict*

Ahem, now, new topic time:

Which one of them is the seme, and which one is the uke?

Since generally, with a few exceptions, I usually have Sato-chan as the uke, I think that Satoshi is the uke in the relationship since I believe that Satoshi has very uke mannerisms surrounding romance (well what little there are out there)- and that Hajime's the seme. But this is more flexible than in other circumstances, and I could see them switching frequently. They both deeply want to show their feelings for one another.

Oooh! I finally have time to post in this thread! Whoo for AerialShipping and all its goodness! I'm going to answer all the questions since I'm new to the thread.

It's actually the first Ash ship that caught my interest enough to post in a thread? ^_^ Seriously though, I have a hard time caring about Ash ships but after watching the Kidnapped Riolu, I liked Aerial. Yes, yes. These two have such a good rapport filled with respect and shared love of Pokemon and indeed, they are quite pretty together. So I support it.

My favorite bit (I actually squeed aloud when watching) was when Kellyn jumped out from the bushes to protect Ash. Then Kellyn and his hands *squee!* always ready with the ever lovely shoulder touch. And I just really love the respect between the two of them. Visible respect between characters goes a long way for me when I ship them.

Hmm... not sure what to say for this one, but I think that Ash and Kellyn would have more adventures of excitement and danger which would lead to more shoulder touches and then some... Yes? *giggles insanely*

Which one of them is the seme, and which one is the uke?
    Another tricky one for me... When I ever think of other Ash ships, I've almost always pictured Ash as the uke. I think with Kellyn their relationship would start out that way, with Kellyn as seme and Ash as uke, but I think over time a balance would come about.
    *No longer around*
    I'll update my shipping list if I feel like it.

My Current Shipping Favorites

sprites courtesy of SPPf and Pokecharms
    -------
    Shamless Self-Promotion
    My Deviant Art Gallery ~~~ My Deviant Art Scraps ~~~ My Shipping List ~~~ My Pokemon Blog

Yay! Another Aerialshipper! Welcome, welcome!

I do not suppose anyone here could possibly create an Aerialshipping banner, if they could?

@ CheekyJoy23- Yes, Kellyn and his shoulder touches. That was what got me hooked, lol. It is cute seeing him being so caring and filled with respect for Ash. I also know how tricky it is for the seme/uke aspect of the relationship- in the long run, they'd have a balanced relationship but initially, tough to say.

Drew, I'm typing my post in this box, saving your thread. 8DDDD

I did kinda like the ship but Drew's spazzyness kinda brought me back to it. And look, Hajime is so cute and huggable, don't deny. ;D

First off, Hajime needs to return. I can imagine the two confessing under very crazy circumstances. Cuz these two are adventurous types who would probably happily go skydiving together sometime. XD So uh, I reckon in the midst of danger, um... Hajime's like, "HEY SATOSHIIIII~ WANNA GET TOGETHER?" and Satoshi, who probably doesn't get it, being all, "OKAY 8DDDDD"

er yeah, thread saving post *runs away*

OH AND UPDATE THE FIRST POST MAN, ADD MEL TO THAT LIST OF MEMBERS YO

Yaaaaay, I did an AerialShipping drabble for ya, S-Unit =3

It's in here. Click the second spoiler tag por favor.

And now, for a topic, since we seem to be needing a new one.

How would you imagine Ash and Kellyn's first date?

Hmm, lesse... I don't really see either as the "romantic" type, so their date would probably be someplace low-risk, like a mall or something (XD) because then, if nothing happens, they can just say it wasn't a date.

Yuh

Aww! That was an extremely cute drabble Tadashi! *huggles Tadashi*

Now to answer the new Topic:

I don't know Tadashi. Ash may not have a romantic side, but I would imagine Kellyn does to an certain extent. Kellyn would eventually like to have some sort of romantic evening with them, but simple. A intimate (not in that way) candlelit homemade dinner at Kellyn's place with the two of them. That would be Kellyn's choice of first date.

Ash's choice would be obvious: LET'S WATCH THE POKEMON CHAMPIONSHIPS!

Ash's choice would be obvious: LET'S WATCH THE POKEMON CHAMPIONSHIPS!
    Oh Ash, you make me swoon with all your romantic subtlty. *Is my sarcasm good?*

I imagine their first date would involve some sort of physical activity, but not something extreme. Perhaps Kellyn would take Ash on a sailboat close to sunset. That way they can enjoy nature, swim, watch pokemon and be generally content with each other's company. Sunset + Ocean = Romantic and Free. Something I think both Ash and Kellyn would want when first starting out, yes?

Another topic (albeit unoriginal) to keep things going...
    We know for the most part what characteristics of Ash make him good and bad to ship. What of Kellyn's characteristics make him particularly good or bad to ship with Ash?

What would Delia Ketchum think of Kellyn?
    since she was expecting Gary Oak How would Ash introduce Kellyn to his mom?
    *No longer around*

-------
    Shamless Self-Promotion
    My Deviant Art Gallery ~~~ My Deviant Art Scraps ~~~ My Shipping List ~~~ My Pokemon Blog

Oooh, more topics.

We know for the most part what characteristics of Ash make him good and bad to ship. What of Kellyn's characteristics make him particularly good or bad to ship with Ash?

I would say that the good elements are his compassion, kindness, drive and determination that he shares with Ash. They compliment each other with these elements. As for bad characteristics...I would say that there could be a lack of tension and conflict that would make things interesting (a la Coma and Palletshipping).

What would Delia Ketchum think of Kellyn? since she was expecting Gary Oak How would Ash introduce Kellyn to his mom?

I think that Delia would be surprised at first, but rather pleased. After all, Kellyn is a Top Ranger, and can set a good example for her son if he gets out of line too much. Capture stylers and ropes come to mind. XD

Oh, I've also wrote an Aerialshipping drabble.

*here on dare, but vaguely intrigued anyway* Hello, all! I'm new to this thread, so I'll go ahead and answer everything, just for the sake of catching up.

Uh... the ship has a good overall feel to it. Ash and Kellyn are very respectful to each other and immediately formed a close bond, despite having just met. Not to mention, there's quite a bit of unnecessary physical contact going on...

There wasn't one particular moment that struck me as shippy, per se, but again the whole thing just screamed shippable. They were always super close to each other and worked in perfect sync even though they barely knew each other. Clearly, a bond developing that quickly has to mean something.

Well... first, they'd meet back up. I can see it as them teaming up again against Hunter J, or maybe Kellyn would help Ash handle Team Galactic, now that they're more of a threat. Either way, they'd meet up again to work together and foil someone's evil plans. Then, they'd relax and bask in a job well done and decide to just have fun for a little while. I can imagine Kellyn taking Ash back to his headquarters and showing him around, and Ash making a stupid comment that was intended to be innocent but gave Kellyn the wrong idea, and... Well, eventually, the elder of the two would make a move on the naive pokemon-obsessed boy and from there things would happen. *shot for horribleness*

Which one of them is the seme and which one is the uke?
    *BLUSH* ...I'll have to jump on the bandwagon here and say Kellyn starts out on top, but over time the two will swich out more and more. That's all I'm saying.

Kellyn would be in charge, because leaving it up to Ash would end up with something revolving around Pokemon, and that simply wouldn't do. I'm thinking a nice dinner at a fancy restaurant, or maybe picnicking somewhere reclusive while watching the sun go down.

We know for the most part what characteristics of Ash make him good or bad to ship. What of Kellyn's characteristics make him particularly good or bad to ship with Ash?
    Good- Kellyn is kind, caring, and patient, meaning he'd always be able to look out for Ash and manage to not go completely crazy that he only cared about Pokemon.

Bad- Like S-Unit said, there's basically no tension. The two would pretty much be a perfect couple, with no fights and drama. They'd be happy, but that's just not as interesting as a couple with trouble.

What would Delia Ketchum think of Kellyn? (since she was expecting Gary Oak) How would Ash introduce Kellyn to his mom?
    XD Well, she'd be surprised for sure. Gary and Kellyn are about as different as they come. I think in the end she'd be happier though, because she knows that Kellyn is mature and would be able to teach her son how to act properly, while at times Gary was known to encourage his wild side. As for how Ash would introduce Kellyn, it all depends on what point in their relationship the two are in. If they're still just friends, then Ash will be completely normal about it, but otherwise he'd probably be a bit shy and reserved, which his mom would catch on to and squeal over for sure.

Tata for now~!
    Last edited by MyCurrentObsession; 16th March 2009 at 8:48 PM.
    "Maybe waiting isn't good enough..."
    "My thoughts exactly."

S-Unit, I love what you did with my dare! Yay for resolved conflict drabbles! *huggles*

@MyCurrentObsession - you know you want to stay here forever and ever *grins mischievously*

What of Kellyn's characteristics make him particularly good or bad to ship with Ash?
    Aw man, I can't think of anything that hasn't already been said. This means that there needs to be more episodes with Kellyn. It must be done! Kellyn's sense of adventure certainly complements Ash's, so I think that would be really good for their relationship.
    As for bad things, like previously discussed, lack of tension would make for lovely fluffy fluff, but it is not so exciting for us shippers. That is why Ash and Kellyn would go on so many adventures because that would bring in the excitement. *begins daydreaming adventure smex romance*

How would Ash introduce Kellyn to his mom? What would Delia Ketchum think of Kellyn?
    Ash wouldn't even do a proper introduction. They'd just come home one day and Ash would simply say, "Mom, this is Kellyn" nothing else and Kellyn would point out that he is Ash's boyfriend in his charming sort of way.

There may be some surprise and awkwardness, but it is rapidly extinguished because Delia is awesome. She would absolutely adore Kellyn and would probably be impressed that her son managed to get himself such a fine upstanding man who is so good looking too. ^_^
    *No longer around*

-------
    Shamless Self-Promotion

Welcome to the thread MyCurrentObsession. Even though you're here on a dare, we hope you can stay a while

I think now it is time for a new topic:

What might some potential friction and conflict be in Ash and Kellyn's relationship?

Potential friction and conflict between Ash and Kellyn. Nothing like reusing the question to answer the question. But, in all seriousness here are a list of potential conflicts I could see happening with the two:

As I wrote in my drabble, Kellyn might get a bit upset if Ash constantly talks about Pokemon or does things Pokemon-related. Kellyn may love Ash dearly, but he would like some variety. I would also think, because of the adventure-mindedness of the two, they would need to have some sort of excitement and/or quest/journey to keep their bond strong.

Ash, since we all know he's not up there in the romance department, would probably not like it too much if Kellyn starts to get all lovey-dovey and such. Even though guys acting lovey-dovey is smexy as hell for us yaoi fans. Ash probably wouldn't appreciate it if Kellyn was kept away from him because of his Ranger duties longer than necessary. He may get the impression that Kellyn may care about his work more than him especially if Kellyn goes on quite a few missions with Keith.

S-Unit and CheekyJoy23, I intend to give this thread a try. While I don't find the pairing quite as interesting as certain others, it's still got it's own unique flair to it.

What might be some potential friction and conflict in Ash and Kellyn's relationship?
    Well, I think S-Unit summed it up quite nicely. Patient and kind as he is, even Kellyn would eventually get sick of Ash's obsession with Pokemon. And Ash would shy away from anything too romantic while at the same time not be so happy with something not romantic enough,because he'd get suspicious and confused. And of course Kellyn wouldn't appreciate Ash suspecting him, meaning a verbal war would ensue.

Hmm... There might be more drama and flair to this ship than I initially thought... I really will have to stick around...
    "My thoughts exactly."

*motomotobumpabumpa*

Yes, there is indeed a lot of potential drama and flair for potential conflicts (gets idea for a chappie of Duty and Conflict). Throw a little tension in, some mutual jealousy ('cause after all, Ash is a pretty popular guy, and Keith may get a little too close on occasion) and you have the recipe for some fireworks of that kind of variety.

Um... how bout a new topic? It's lame and unoriginal, but...

How would Gary and/or Paul react to Kellyn? How would Kellyn feel about them?
    I'll answer this later, when I can think of a response.
    "My thoughts exactly."

How would Gary and/or Paul react to Kellyn? How would Kellyn feel about them?

Gary would be quite intrigued and a little jealous. He would imagine why all his subtle and not-so-subtle attempts at flirting with him did not work. He would also get a bit inquisitive and "big brother" like:

Gary: So Ashy-boy, what is Kellyn like?
    Ash: Kellyn is wonderful, kind, caring. He's got an adventurous nature like I have.
    Gary: I can see the attraction. Anything else about him that reminds you of a certain other brown-haired stud?
    Ash: Wha?

And when Gary talks with Kellyn:

Gary: Kellyn, you're special to Ash, and that means you're special to me too.
    Kellyn: Thanks Gary. Ash means everything to me.
    Gary: Just one thing: you hurt him, not even the Ranger Union would be able to find you...

Paul would act like he doesn't care. He would probably be like:

Paul: So you got yourself a pathetic boyfriend.
    Ash: He's a Top Ranger, Paul. That's not pathetic by a long shot.
    Paul: Pfft, whatever.

But Paul is secretly jealous by miles.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast