Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fused and Spriter2's Tile Project

Default Fused and Spriter2's Tile Project

This was approved by Zephyr Flare before anyone says anything.

This thread is dedicated to a tile project between me and Spriter2 only. We will be working together to make a custom tileset.

right now, we have my tileset, which will be edited, some things removed completely.

We will update this first post whenever we are adding to the tileset.

Please comment, rate, whatever.

JUST DON"T STEAL!

Welcome!! ^^
    To the Spriter/Fused Cross-over awesomely cool tile set thread ^^

Welcome, to our tile set project, hosted by Fused and I, Spriter. A little background on the project- It all started when I started deciding to make tiles for a GSC-style project. Ever since then, I've been trying to get a custom tile set for my regions. I've gone through several sets, and hopefully this will be my last one. After seeing Fused's Tiles, I asked him if he wanted to make a tree for the tile set i was working on at the time. Fused and I are no strangers, however. We were friends on Pokemon Platinum (now known as Palladium), and I also helped him with his old region- as well as he helped me with mine. After he agreed to help make a tree, I thought about getting a partner for the project, and so, I asked and he agreed. Anyway, I hope you like our work, and continue to watch as it grows.
    You can see some of my older tiles here.

Special Thanks To:
    ~Everyone supporting us ^^

Some Tile Ideas:
    Grouped Ideas:
    ~Anime Buildings
    ~Specialized Gyms (like giving each gym a special look) + Common Gyms
    ~"Revamps" of GSC buildings- having the same look, but in the new style
    ~Candy land (Yum...8D)
    ~Revamped- or devamped, whatever you wanna call it- D/P/t Tiles.
    ~Revamped Important GSC places (Radio Tower, Slowpoke Well, Lighthouse, etc)
    ~Battle Revolution Stadiums
    ~Farm Tileset (Barn, Silo, Crops, Hay, Fence, etc.)

Individual Ideas:
    ~Roots (Two tiles long)
    ~Bee hive
    ~Spiderwebs
    ~Legend of Zelda: Red Mailbox
    ~Legend of Zelda: Bomb Plant
    ~Planet Dome/Globe Building...etc- Basically, its a short building with a LARGE globe on top of it.
    *Have an Idea for a tile(s)? Just submit it and we'll see what we can do. ^^ However, these are NOT requests, so suggestions are still not to be used by anyone-including the person who suggested it.*

Some Rules:
    1. We do not take submissions- It is just me and Fused on this project.
    2. If you do not like something on the tile set, don't just say, "I hate this tile set"- explain what you don't like, and how we can fix it. (otherly known as Constructive Criticism.)
    3. Requests are NOT taken. However; suggestions for tiles are accepted.
    4. Use of the tile set is strictly prohibited. In lamest terms: Do not use them without permission.
    5. Permission is needed from both of us in order to use tiles, and this is a private project, so an extremely good reason will be needed to use them.
    6. Follow all Serebii and Fan Sprite rules!
    7. When requesting to use tiles, please put "Corsola is random" in your post.
    8. If we give anyone permission to use tiles, Credit MUST be given- to both me and fused.
    9. When asking to use tiles, Please do post it here- NOT BY PM OR VISITOR MESSAGES. This allows for a unified decision between me and Fused.
    10. There is to be no giving out tiles to people. The ONLY ones allowed to use them are the ones who have gotten permission.
    11. No using tiles on multiple projects (unless permission is granted). Each person with permission to use them are allowed to use them only on one project, unless otherly granted.
    12. When you request to use them, please provide a link that the project can be found. If a link is not available- because you haven't posted anywhere, or for other reasons- please provide general regional information, as well as how much progress you have made on the project, and we will decide if you may use them.
    *Rules will be added, changed or bended, depending on each situation.*

These People have permission to use our tiles:
    *All Tiles are subject to change- If a tile ends up looking nothing like it did when you borrowed it, Permission is still needed to use it, and credit must be given..*
    ~None

Last edited by Spriter2; 10th March 2009 at 2:56 AM.

Gay, Bi, Lesbian...Why do we have to label people for falling in love?

Nice job! I like the snow patch hill, and the large house in the bottom right corner the most. Everthing is top notch and seems like a fusion between the looks of 3rd and 4th generation sprites. I can't wait to see more.

*bump*
    Okay, I'm trying to get everything sorted out so we can officially START the combined tile set, but I'm having a little trouble getting return messages from Fused. I hope people are interested in commenting, and i hope to get this up and running ASAP.

EDIT:
    And I realize there are rules about bumping, such as they can only be done by the creator- but I'm a partner in the tile set, so i think its OK...right?
    Last edited by Spriter2; 10th February 2009 at 4:39 AM.

Lovely tiles.

Absolutely beautiful.

I am actually a tile artist myself, im currently working on doing 100% custom tiles for a project, thats on a forum no ones heard of. xD.

Both your styles are different, which is good.

dont edit your tiles trying to keep the same style.

Spriter, i think you should stick with yours, its nice.

Same goes for you, Fused.

Well they do need editing- i mean the colors don't match and we're making a single tile set. Basically, that's all that's being edited lol (unless Fused thinks he should edit his)

Yeah it should be alright for you to bump Spriter2 as long as it states you and Fused are doing the project together.

The tiles are very well recoloured and edited, but for me I think the best bits are in the big rocks in the ocean and the snowy one. Everything else is very good and the colours chosen are very well done and picked well.

Keep up the good work and I'd like to see some city's with them.

Sorry Spriter2, I was having more trouble witht he forums again.

Anyways, thanks everybody for the comments, I'm glad that our hard work is appreciated. Spriter2 and I will keep adding and editing the tiles so they're the best ones ever!

This is cool. I can't really say anything yet, because nothing is really new, but when something new does come up, I'll post!
    Co-Founder & Artist of

*Update/Bump*
    I realize this thread is VERY boring with no work getting done, but Fused is having serebii trouble, so it's hard to contact. But, just to contribute- I will post some tile ideas I/we will eventually do.

~Anime Buildings
    ~Candy lan 8D

Quote Originally Posted by Spriter2 View Post
    *Update/Bump*
    I realize this thread is VERY boring with no work getting done, but Fused is having serebii trouble, so it's hard to contact. But, just to contribute- I will post some tile ideas I/we will eventually do.

~Anime Buildings
    ~Candy lan 8D
    Yeah, sorry for all the troubles. I should definitely have a decent update sometime this weekend if not sooner. So please just keep watching this thread, invite some friends to comment here to keep this train going!

OK- I'm a little stuck on a good grass color, so I've came up with a couple:

Please help me decide which one to use- or give suggestions for a better green.
    Last edited by Spriter2; 12th February 2009 at 1:53 AM.

B-2..or 2-B is like the most..undark, grassy looking color.

D-3, 3-D is good. xP Just slightly dark...their more of a kyle style for them.

Fused- Have you ever finished the tree you were going to make?

Fused- Have you ever finished the tree you were going to make?
    No. After going over it, I decided it was too ugly. So actually, I was thinking, in my update I would include two more trees (because I would like to keep the two in my tileset cause trees are a pain in the ***): a tree for the inside of forest, like in Platinum, and then a special tree for urban areas so the maps made from this set aren't plagued with one or two kinds of trees. What do you think? I also think I'm going to make a Rock Climb tile and update a few GSC tiles, such as the shrine and the Bellsprout statues.

Those sound really good ^^ I understand your position on trees lol So i'll just work with the one(s) you have. Btw- Another minor update:

I've been working on updating the colors and got a total of 5 tiles

E-D-I-T:
    Hey- if i made a new tree, do you think we could substitute it for the pine tree thing you made? Its not that i don't like it, i just can't get it to match Dx
    Last edited by Spriter2; 14th February 2009 at 5:36 PM.

Upidate!

EDIT: Another upidate 8D
    Last edited by Spriter2; 15th February 2009 at 2:12 AM.

Nice tiles.

They look pretty official, smooth outlines and all. The grass colour is nice.
    AUSTRIA PRUSSIA HUNGARY

I've been working hard 8D lol

EDIT:
    I got tired of being productive- so i made this xD
    Last edited by Spriter2; 15th February 2009 at 2:58 AM.

I've been working hard 8D lol

EDIT:
    I got tired of being productive- so i made this xD
    Holy Fuck Spriter2! These are amazing. Can we use that tree for the forest, or is that what you made it for?

I don't have a problem with anything except the colors. I feel like the colors make these look like a Kyle Dove imitator tileset. Is there anyway we can make the colors a little more vibrant?

Sure xD Can you redo the colors then ^^;

Damn...those are definately some good sprites.

I especially like the little area...very quaint...kind of place you would find some rare TM after going through a tough forest! Or something to that accord.

I especially like the snow. I've never seen snow on that note :P
    A siggy? No way, smoking is bad for your blood. And lungs. And Heart, and brain, and kidney, and liver, and breath and especially teeth.
    If you dont smoke and don't plan on smoking, copy and paste this into your signature. Not siggy, signature.

Damn! I'd like to live where you do, Missing Number.

Anyways, you know that "decent update" I was supposed to have? Yeah, well my mom decided that this weekend was the perfect weekend to start her tax return. So I today was my first day actually "on" the computer, so my update isn't tremendous, but I guess it's something.

So all of the trees were recolored, but they aren't as vibrant as I hoped, but oh well. **** it. So anyways, there's just a little more contrast in the colors basically. I also added the big rock from my set, recolroed of course, added the small tree and tall grass, too. I also recently made the shrine, the Bellsprout statues, though I'm going to edit them, I reworked the regular route pine tree and the snowy tree, and I scratched a new tree that doesn't look like any of the rest so it can be used in urban areas, cause it's not to often that you see pine trees in cities unless its Christmas. I also made a forest entrance tree. And I added Spriter2's gray rock for variety.

And that's it. Phew.
    Last edited by Fused; 15th February 2009 at 11:27 PM.

MEGA-GASP! I like your new tree! Idk what you mean by "vibrant", But i suppose I can try fixing the colors again lol And- I really hate to say it, but can we re-make the Small tree and the grass? Or at least edit them a bit- cause they look a little- scratchy ^^;

Do you mind if i edit some of your tiles?

EDIT:
    Also- why do you have two of the same tree (the one i made)
    Last edited by Spriter2; 15th February 2009 at 11:52 PM.

MEGA-GASP! I like your new tree! Idk what you mean by "vibrant", But i suppose I can try fixing the colors again lol And- I really hate to say it, but can we re-make the Small tree and the grass? Or at least edit them a bit- cause they look a little- scratchy ^^;

Do you mind if i edit some of your tiles?
    fromnow on, you don't have to ask. If you feel like they should be edited, jsut go for it. I won't mind.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast