Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Cortoza's Recorded History

Quote Originally Posted by Food Guy View Post
    Sorry for the late updates and due to inactivity I'm no longer updating Atlantis_Kid.

Tale: As you give Simone her orders, you take the Ralts out of her mouth. The dark-type runs towards the metallic bird, thinking of a really Nasty Plot as she does so. Skarmory shrieks at Simone before it sends a Swift Simone's way. The dog leaps up, several of the spinning stars connecting with her body, and bites into Skarmory's wing, the electricity of Simone's Thunder Fang surging through the metal bird's body. It shrieks in rage before it begins to flap it wing. The wing slowly begins to glow, and with one swift motion Simone is slammed into the ground by an Air Cutter. Simone gets back onto her feet and opens her mouth, and with one breath, sends out several large fireballs. The fireballs slam into Skarmory, and it shrieks in pain before it begins to fall. You watch as the bird falls out of your vision before putting you mind back to the task at hand. Level up for Simone.

You throw a ball up into the air and when it connects with the ground a shadowy Corphish materializes. You quickly tell Friedrich that you can't stand the heat, and the Corphish raises his claw and sends out an icy pulse into the air which causes it to Hail. With the hail falling from the sky, the temperature seems to have gone down a bit, but you still hurry along the path. You look up and see that the lava is starting to get quite close to you, and after a quick order, Friedrich sends out an Ice Beam that covers it in a thin layer of ice. With the ice temporarily stopping the lava you are finally able to get to the shrine. once you get there you see a giant statue of Pele.

What will you do?
    I apologise for the delay, PikaGod. Thank you so much for your patience, and I believe my activity will be restored now that summer has arrived =).

“Were it not for the chaos in which we’ve become enshrined, I’d applaud the steel bird’s efforts! But to assault amid the turmoil of an eruption! Such witless, reckless spirit I’ve not yet seen in the otherwise cunning minds of the wild. It must have been famished.” Oscar concluded as he watched the bird plummet after having sustained a successful bout of effective attacks. Simone observed her adversary dive with customary indifference, seemingly unmoved by the damage she’d sustained.

Glancing at the Ralts held firmly in his arms, Oscar gazed up the path, its previously daunting length substantially reduced in his persistent progression, and he pressed forwards. Friedrich tailed, calling upon the weather with an icy power that soon had the sky dripping ice. Concerned for the wellbeing of his already fatigued canine companion, Oscar withdrew Simone for fear of the hail’s potential damage. Though the icy rain stung with every strike upon his skin, the chill soothed what scorched skin was exposed. Lifting his hat from his head, Oscar placed it over the Ralts to shelter the psychic creature, and turned to congratulate Friedrich on a job well done as the beam of ice which propelled from his pincer aided in cooling and subsequently slowing the lava flow momentarily - to a such a suitable extent that allowed the remainder of the shrine’s path to be traversed with little more concern or difficulty than already plagued them.

Oscar clambered with the use of one free arm up the final stretch of acclivity leading to the shrine, before pausing - his breath snatched - and staring at the statue which stood like a beacon before him. The representation of the very power which brought this chaos upon them stood in stone, an impenetrable, unruffled monument amidst the hell all around. Oscar wiped his brow, beckoning for his crimson Corphish forward as he stepped towards the shrine, repositioning his hat upon his head before presenting the statue with Ralts’ body.

“Pele! Through the pleas of this tortured soul you have brought upon us a pandemonium through which we have sluggishly toiled, braving your divine ferocity for the mere request that we ourselves wish to present. I am willing to tackle the tribulations that you impose upon our mortal souls - but look at what darkness has percolated the heart of this innocent creature. It has been subjected to tortures it could not withstand, its only companion torn to shreds before its very eyes and through the bond irrevocably established between this species and its trainer, has endured every second of the unbearable pain. Death looms like a hungering vulture, and I leave it to you, great Pele, to decide its fate!” With that, Oscar gently laid the little creature before the statue, and stepped back, Friedrich cautiously stood at his feet, awaiting the goddess’s response. “Show me what you have to offer, Pele! Show me what trials I must face, and my efforts shall abound. All I ask is that you bring peace back to this mountain, so that lives may be spared and its glorious intricacies explored.”
    Last edited by Tale; 23rd June 2009 at 5:36 PM.

Pele's Ruins

firewater: Upon hearing your question Barry starts to smile before he begins to explain what he is going to the ruins for. "Well, as you may know," starts Barry, "Pele herself is said to have cursed the ruins. What I want to do is see the ruins for myself and see what all the fuss is about. I also have always been interested in old ruins and the like and thought that this would be a great adventure." You nod your head as Barry finishes his story, but you can't help but feel that Barry isn't telling you the entire truth about what he wants. However, you quickly push the thought out of your mind and instead you continue to walk towards the ruins.

Soon you finally reach Pele's Ruins, which were a magnificent set of rock structures with overgrown vines on them. "Wowee," mutters Barry as he looks at the ruins. "I wonder how Pele cursed these babies, and why." As the man said this, you notice that a creepy look of glee had grown on his face. Realising that you have noticed the look on his face, Barry quickly wipes it off and goes to take a step forward. As he put his foot down, a pair of women seemingly appear out of nowhere. The women both had dark skin, black wavy hair and both wore coconut bras and grass skirts.

"Halt," they say. "If you wish to enter the ruins, you must first beat us." Not even waiting for you and Barry to answer, they throw a PokeBall each into the air. The balls hit the ground and release a Camerupt and a Monferno.

What will you do?

Volcanity Inc. Lab Tunnel

Hayward: With their next set of orders, your pokemon spring into action. Hyneo starts off by sneering at the creature, the sound of the sneer Tormenting it. The creature roars in rage, before it tries to use another Psychic. However, it finds that due to Hyneo's attack it is unable to. As the creature turns towards Hyneo, Forteo spins his body around and then glows yellow before a golden shield forms in front of him and his team mates. The creature roars as it opens its mouth and sends out a high pressured Hydro Pump. The water attack obliterates the Reflect before slamming into Hyneo and Forteo. The two pokemon are sent flying by the attack and slam into one of the tunnel walls. As they slid to the ground, Marteo flies forwards and starts to flap her wings, creating a freezing cold gust of Icy Wind, while Keo opens one of his claws and shoots a large Bubble. The two attacks fuse together to form a large frozen bubble, which promptly slams into the creature. It roars in pain as the icy bubble peels some of its skin off, and slams into a wall. As it rights itself the creature lets out an enormous roar and opens its mouth. An icy ball forms in its mouth before an Ice Beam shoots out and hit both Marteo and Keo, freezing the pair of them. As you watch in distress at the carnage Medeo finally is able to Calm his Mind. The small pokemon stands up before he opens his palms and sends out out a huge Ball of Energy.

The ball collides with the creature, once again slamming it into a wall. But this time as the creature gets up you can see that it has patches of its skin missing, as well as chunks of flesh. Noticing this, the creature lets out an ear splitting roar and starts to open its mouth. As the mouth opens, it morphs into a Gyarados' mouth, and five string-like tongues shoot out. Two of the tongues easily wrap around the frozen Keo and Marteo, while another two quickly wrap around the unconscious forms of Hyneo and Forteo. The last of the tongues attempts to wrap around Medeo, but the psychic/fighting type is easily able to dodge the tongue. Giving up on Medeo, the five tongues retract into the creature's mouth, along with Keo, Marteo, Hyneo and Forteo. As the creature closes its mouth it begins to convulse, before it begins to heal its body with the DNA of your pokemon. The patches of skin and flesh heal over and the creature sprouts a large pair of wings, grows a pair of Krabby claws, as well as a fluffy black tail and green plating down the back of its spine. With four of your pokemon now gone, its seems that using the formula given to you by the scientist may have to be used.

What will you do?

Pele's Shrine

Tale: As you give Pele you request, her statue starts to glow and large chunks of rock begin to fall off the statue. You watch in awe as slowly the rocks fall off to reveal the Goddess Pele. She looks down at you, her body glowing with ethereal light, she opens her mouth and starts to speak in a soothing voice. The Ralts that you have rescued has completely lost its mind. When I granted its wish, there was still some strands of sanity left in its mind, but now they are all gone. Pele pauses, making sure that you understand everything that she has said so far. When you nod to say continue on, she does. My quest for you to complete is for you to take the young Ralts and take it to the middle of this Shrine. Once Ralts has been placed on the podium, you will be required to face a series of battles. If you do then not only will I null Ralt's request, it shall also be restored to full sanity. But be warned, if you are not able to complete the trial, then not only will Ralts remain in a state in which its mind is trapped inside its insanity, you shall be forsaken with the same affliction Finishing, the Goddess looks at you, awaiting you answer. You must decide whether or not to save the Ralts, or if you should just high tail it out of Mt Pele.

What will you do?

Hayward: With their next set of orders, your pokemon spring into action. Hyneo starts off by sneering at the creature, the sound of the sneer Tormenting it. The creature roars in rage, before it tries to use another Psychic. However, it finds that due to Hyneo's attack it is unable to. As the creature turns towards Hyneo, Forteo spins his body around and then glows yellow before a golden shield forms in front of him and his team mates. The creature roars as it opens its mouth and sends out a high pressured Hydro Pump. The water attack obliterates the Reflect before slamming into Hyneo and Forteo. The two pokemon are sent flying by the attack and slam into one of the tunnel walls. As they slid to the ground, Marteo flies forwards and starts to flap her wings, creating a freezing cold gust of Icy Wind, while Keo opens one of his claws and shoots a large Bubble. The two attacks fuse together to form a large frozen bubble, which promptly slams into the creature. It roars in pain as the icy bubble peels some of its skin off, and slams into a wall. As it rights itself the creature lets out an enormous roar and opens its mouth. An icy ball forms in its mouth before an Ice Beam shoots out and hit both Marteo and Keo, freezing the pair of them. As you watch in distress at the carnage Medeo finally is able to Calm his Mind. The small pokemon stands up before he opens his palms and sends out out a huge Ball of Energy.

The ball collides with the creature, once again slamming it into a wall. But this time as the creature gets up you can see that it has patches of its skin missing, as well as chunks of flesh. Noticing this, the creature lets out an ear splitting roar and starts to open its mouth. As the mouth opens, it morphs into a Gyarados' mouth, and five string-like tongues shoot out. Two of the tongues easily wrap around the frozen Keo and Marteo, while another two quickly wrap around the unconscious forms of Hyneo and Forteo. The last of the tongues attempts to wrap around Medeo, but the psychic/fighting type is easily able to dodge the tongue. Giving up on Medeo, the five tongues retract into the creature's mouth, along with Keo, Marteo, Hyneo and Forteo. As the creature closes its mouth it begins to convulse, before it begins to heal its body with the DNA of your pokemon. The patches of skin and flesh heal over and the creature sprouts a large pair of wings, grows a pair of Krabby claws, as well as a fluffy black tail and green plating down the back of its spine. With four of your pokemon now gone, its seems that using the formula given to you by the scientist may have to be used.

What will you do?
    In an underground laboratory tunnel on the Island of Cortoza, the trainer Ben Hale finished relaying his next set of battle commands. Encouraging his Pokemon to be brave and not give up, he once again sent them forth to fight against Volcanity, Inc.’s genetically-altered monster

Hyneo moved in first, scornfully sneering at the creature in an effort to prevent it from using its Psychic powers twice in a row. The creature let out an angry howl as it was subjected to the monochromatic wolfpup’s Torment, then gaped its mouth wide and Pumped out a high-powered Hydronic blast. Ben instinctively warned his team to beware, and Forteo quickly spun into action. Rotating on his bottomspike, the woody pinecone manufactured a mystical force field of defense in front of Hyneo and himself. However, the beast’s highly-concentrated aquatic blast easily obliterated the Reflective light shield, violently driving the duo back into the tunnel wall.

Ben winced at the sight, but immediately turned to Keo and Marteo, quickly instructing the twosome to combine their attacks to try to stop the monster. Beating the air with her powerful wings, Marteo whipped up a frigid cyclone while Keo directed a claw-created Bubble into the heart of the Icy, swirling Wind. The subzero temperature in the vortex’s chilly core instantly froze the bubble, producing what looked to Ben like an enormous, floating, spherical ice cube. With one mighty flap, the tiny swallow sent the frozen bubble shooting across the tunnel and straight at the VI Monster. The bubble struck its mark squarely, peeling off some of the monster’s skin and slamming it into the opposite wall.

Bellowing with rage, the experimental VI Monster quickly righted itself and retaliated with an arctic attack of its own. The Beam of Ice the beast shot out of its mouth instantly froze Marteo and Keo. Beads of sweat appeared on Ben’s forehead as his two, tiny, ice-encrusted partners fell to the ground with a clattering crash. Dragging a hand through his short, brown hair, Ben tried to keep calm. With four Pokemon out, things were not looking good right now. Suddenly, out of the corner of his eye, Ben glimpsed an Energy Ball go hurtling past and plow into the VI Monster. The teenage trainer grinned and spun around to see that Medeo, palms still pointed in the direction of the beast, had Calmed his Mind and was once again fighting fit.

But just as Ben was about to send Medeo forward to battle, the shape-shifting creature morphed again, the head taking on the likeness of a Gyarados this time. As it opened its mouth, five long, string-like tongues shot out and instantly began searching out Ben’s Pokemon. Ben bolted in shock at the sight and hollered to his companions to get ready, but the tongues were too fast and easily wrapped themselves around the fallen forms of the exhausted Hyneo, Forteo, Keo, and Marteo. Only the nimble Medeo was able to avoid capture, deftly dodging the snake-like appendages.

As quickly as it sent them out, the VI Monster retracted its tongues, and before either Ben or Medeo could do anything, Hyneo, Forteo, Marteo, and Keo had been ingested. The teenage trainer and small meditite bolted with horror at the thought that their friends were about to be eaten. Without warning, the beast’s body convulsed violently, draining Ben’s Pokemon of their DNA to heal its own wounds and fuel its next transformation. Momentarily frozen with fear, all Ben could do was stare wide-eyed and open-mouthed at the brutal, savage creature as it once again changed shape, this time sprouting two large wings, krabby claws, green plating down the back of its spine, and a fluffy black tail. It was like he was watching a scary movie, or having a nightmare he couldn’t wake up from. Ben wanted to scream, but no sound came out.

A small cry of “Medii!” suddenly snapped Ben back to reality. Turning to Medeo, Ben saw the determined look on the Meditite’s tiny face and the animated way it pointed at his messenger bag. At just that moment, Ben remembered the experimental liquid the VI scientist had given him and quickly withdrew it from his pack. Tossing it to Medeo, Ben hollered, “Quick, mate! There’s not a moment to lose!” Medeo caught the syringe and nodded, as Ben continued. “I’m not sure what this’ll do, but we’re going to try it! Go with Mega Punch and Mega Kick, but be ready to dodge with Double Team if you get into trouble!”

Pele's Ruins

firewater: Upon hearing your question Barry starts to smile before he begins to explain what he is going to the ruins for. "Well, as you may know," starts Barry, "Pele herself is said to have cursed the ruins. What I want to do is see the ruins for myself and see what all the fuss is about. I also have always been interested in old ruins and the like and thought that this would be a great adventure." You nod your head as Barry finishes his story, but you can't help but feel that Barry isn't telling you the entire truth about what he wants. However, you quickly push the thought out of your mind and instead you continue to walk towards the ruins.

Soon you finally reach Pele's Ruins, which were a magnificent set of rock structures with overgrown vines on them. "Wowee," mutters Barry as he looks at the ruins. "I wonder how Pele cursed these babies, and why." As the man said this, you notice that a creepy look of glee had grown on his face. Realising that you have noticed the look on his face, Barry quickly wipes it off and goes to take a step forward. As he put his foot down, a pair of women seemingly appear out of nowhere. The women both had dark skin, black wavy hair and both wore coconut bras and grass skirts.

"Halt," they say. "If you wish to enter the ruins, you must first beat us." Not even waiting for you and Barry to answer, they throw a PokeBall each into the air. The balls hit the ground and release a Camerupt and a Monferno.

What will you do?
    "Well, as you may know," starts Barry, "Pele herself is said to have cursed the ruins. What I want to do is see the ruins for myself and see what all the fuss is about. I also have always been interested in old ruins and the like and thought that this would be a great adventure."

This was a decent response to the question David Michael had given Barry to begin with, but it seemed that he was still hiding something from his response. While he had a strange reaction to the explanation, David Michael simply shruggs the feeling off and continues down the way to the ruins, eventually finding the area, with beautiful statues covered by miles of green plants and other areas, yet David Michael can only stare in confusion at Barry's first impression of the Ruins...

"Wowee," mutters Barry as he looks at the ruins. "I wonder how Pele cursed these babies, and why."

David Michael was puzzled- why would anyone want to experience a curse that supposedly had been active for thousands of years, and with the strange look of glee on his face, David Michael thought Barry had soemthing that wasn't wanted in a travel compainion. The problem was that Barry saw the look on his face, and immediately stops, fixes his complexion and takes a step. It was then when two women, seemingly out of nowhere reveal themselves, clad in only coconut bras and grass skirts. Another point of interest was the Camerupt and Monferno that stood in front of them as they began to speak.

"Halt," they say. "If you wish to enter the ruins, you must first beat us."

Stunned for a moment, David Michael turns to Barry and begins to talk-

"Barry, do you have any pokemon with you? If you do, then send one out- otherwise I'll take them on..."

Turning towards the battle, David Michael pops open a pokeball, to reveal his Spheal, Aurora. Turning to her, David Michael begins to give some orders.

"Hey there Aurora, it's time to fight- let's start off with letting them go first. Prepare yourself with a Curse, then Aqua Tail whichever one of them attacks you first. If they ignore you, then attack Camerupt with the Aqua Tail."

Not even waiting for Barry's response, he simply pops open Dart's pokeball, before giving more commands as the Staravia reveals itself..

"Dart, it's as simple as this, If either Monferno or Camerupt attack Aurora before Barry sends out a pokemon, attack Monferno with an Air Cutter, then follow up with a Tri Attack on Camerupt. If Barry doesn't send one out anyway- do the attacks. If he sends a pokemon out, then just chill, and watch for any surprises."

Waiting to see what his traveling partner, and his opponets would do, David Michael simply waits for the result of his actions.
    Last edited by firewater; 9th July 2009 at 4:54 PM.

Hayward: Giving Medeo the needle and his orders, the Meditite turns towards the creature. Medeo lifts the needle up and injects it into his arm. Instantly he feels stronger, more energy is running through his veins. As Medeo stares at the creature, he suddenly feels his skin getting too tight. You watch as Medeo starts to scream out in pain, the small pokemon starting to convulse. Suddenly Medeo stops moving and starts to glow white, his body beginning to change. In a flash of bright light Medeo has changed from a Meditite into something else. Medeo is now much taller, with longer limbs, and what appears to be large pink pair of pants on his legs and a pink cap on his head. You gasp in surprise as you stare at the Medicham in front of you. Not wasting any time after evolving Medeo jumps forward, both his hand and foot glowing. He strikes the creature with a Mega Punch and swings his foot around and hits the creature with a Mega Kick. The creatures roars with fury before it opens its mouth and shoots out an Ice Beam. As the creature fires the attack, Medeo shimmers and separates into several copies of himself, thanks to his Double Team. As the Ice Beam goes through one of the copies, the creature fires off several more Ice Beams, all of them going through clones. You continue to watch the battle, in awe at the sight of Medeo in his evolved form. But you still have the battle underway.

What will you do?

Pele's Ruins

firewater: Sending out Dart and Aurora, your Staravia doesn't have to worry about a thing as Barry throws a Poke Ball forward. As the ball hits the ground it opens up and shoots out a red beam, which materializes into a Snover. The ice/grass type looks at its opponents before looking back at Barry as if to say 'They both have double type advantages over me'.

"Don't worry Snover," says Barry, "Start off with a Grasswhitsle at Monferno then use Mud Slap on Camerupt."

Snover nods before the battle commences. As Monferno begins to power up a Fire Punch, Snover begins to whistle. As Monferno hears the Grasswhitsle its head begins to droop, the monkey falling asleep. Snover smiles at the success of its attack before Camerupt slams into it with a Take Down. As that happens Aurora strengths herself up with her Curse before she pounces at Camerupt. As she gets closer to Camerupt, Aurora starts to spin around. She connects with the camel, successfully pulling off an Aqua Tail. As Camerupt is sent to the ground by the attack, Snover takes an opportunity to Slap some Mud int its eyes. Righting itself, Camerupt roars before stamping its feet on the ground, causing a Magnitude 9. Aurora and Snover are knocked off their feet, but didn't seem to take too much damage.

You look at the battle in front of you; Monferno asleep, Camerput partiallt blinded, and Aurora and Snover only taking a little bit of damage.

What will you do?

Hayward: Giving Medeo the needle and his orders, the Meditite turns towards the creature. Medeo lifts the needle up and injects it into his arm. Instantly he feels stronger, more energy is running through his veins. As Medeo stares at the creature, he suddenly feels his skin getting too tight. You watch as Medeo starts to scream out in pain, the small pokemon starting to convulse. Suddenly Medeo stops moving and starts to glow white, his body beginning to change. In a flash of bright light Medeo has changed from a Meditite into something else. Medeo is now much taller, with longer limbs, and what appears to be large pink pair of pants on his legs and a pink cap on his head. You gasp in surprise as you stare at the Medicham in front of you. Not wasting any time after evolving Medeo jumps forward, both his hand and foot glowing. He strikes the creature with a Mega Punch and swings his foot around and hits the creature with a Mega Kick. The creatures roars with fury before it opens its mouth and shoots out an Ice Beam. As the creature fires the attack, Medeo shimmers and separates into several copies of himself, thanks to his Double Team. As the Ice Beam goes through one of the copies, the creature fires off several more Ice Beams, all of them going through clones. You continue to watch the battle, in awe at the sight of Medeo in his evolved form. But you still have the battle underway.

What will you do?

In the Volcanity Inc. Lab Tunnel on the Island of Cortoza, the Meditite Medeo locked eyes with the genetically-altered VI monster, the needle housing the experimental liquid clutched tightly in his tiny right hand. The contents of the syringe sloshed back and forth inside the container as the Yoga Pokemon lifted it into the air and held it tentatively above his left arm. Pausing briefly, the Yoga Pokemon glanced warily back at its trainer, but the boy motioned for it to go on, hoping that they weren’t too late to save their companions trapped inside the savage beast’s stomach. Unsure what would happen next, Ben held his breath as Medeo slowly plunged the needle into one of its veins then tossed the empty hypodermic to the side.

No sooner had Medeo introduced the chemical agent into his bloodstream, then he let out a terrible scream of “Med-ii!” and began to writhe in agony. All Ben could do was gape his mouth and watch, eyes wide with anxiety, at what looked like a Pokemon struggling to get out of a hide that was too small for its body. Suddenly, the little Meditite stopped its shaking, and a blinding white light radiated from its body, its intensity causing Ben to shield his eyes and glance away. When he looked back a stately Medicham stood in the place where Medeo had been only moments ago, and the boy gasped out, “Medeo?!” Impressed with its new body, the former Meditite nodded and flashed Ben a huge grin, causing Ben to bolt in surprise at the transformation wrought by the experimental liquid.

Not wasting any time, the Medicham Medeo sprang forward recklessly, hand and foot aglow, giving no thought to his own safety. His steely gaze once again fixed on the VI Monster, Medeo attacked, trying to save his comrades. As the Mega Punch and Mega Kick found their marks, Ben offered praise and warning to his friend. “Brilliant, mate!” he hollered. “Don’t get cocky!” Just then the VI Monster fired off retaliatory Ice Beams in Medeo’s direction, but the Medicham created shimmery clones to confuse the beast, and dodged the frosty salvos.

Ben let out a cheer as Medeo made it through the barrage unscathed, marveling at his temporarily-evolved partner’s newfound speed, strength, and dexterity. Thinking to himself that Medeo would need those three qualities as well as a bit of luck, Ben made up his mind to take full advantage of the Medicham’s superior abilities for as long as he could. “Try to stun the monster with Zen Headbutt. If it’s dazed, move in close enough not to miss and go with Dynamic Punch, otherwise, wait for it to let down its guard and then go for it! Follow up with Psycho Cut! We need to get to the others before it’s too late!” The Medicham nodded its head and prepared to attack…

Last edited by -Hayward-; 11th July 2009 at 7:57 PM. Reason: grammar

Hayward: Medeo jumps forward, intent on finishing off the creature once and for all. His head begins to glow as the Medicham Headbutts the creature with Zen energy. The creature gives a roar of pain, before it begins to Howl. You realise that it's using an attack of Hyneo's and you feel rage start to bubble up. Also realising that the creature is using one of Hyeno's moves, Medeo pulls his fist back and lets loose with a Dynamic Punch. The attack forces the creature off the ground and slams it into a wall. As the creature falls to the ground, it appears to be back in the state that it was in before it absorbed four of your pokemon. Once again it opened its mouth and sent a long, thin tongue in Medeo's direction. You watch the tongue in horror, expecting it to wrap around Medeo and pull him into the creature's mouth. Instead, Medeo slaps his hands together and sends out an enormous arc of energy in the creature's direction. The Psycho Cut rips through the tongue headed towards Medeo and cuts into the creature's face. The creature roars in pain as it flails on the ground, before it starts to convulse. Smoke starts to rise off the creature's body and, to your surprise, it begins to melt. As Medeo watches the creature melt, he briefly glows before reverting back to his Meditite stage. Finally the creature has fully melted away and left in its place are five pokemon. Your four pokemon jump up with joy once they realise that they are back and they run into your arms. After the initial joy of having your pokemon back has faded, you look over at the fifth pokemon and realise that it was alive. You walk over and see that lying on the ground is a Feebas, a Feebas which looks at you with eyes that say 'Please take me in'. It used to be the creature that attacked you, but at the same time it was just a helpless pokemon which was experimented on.

What will you do?

Pele's Ruins

firewater: Sending out Dart and Aurora, your Staravia doesn't have to worry about a thing as Barry throws a Poke Ball forward. As the ball hits the ground it opens up and shoots out a red beam, which materializes into a Snover. The ice/grass type looks at its opponents before looking back at Barry as if to say 'They both have double type advantages over me'.

"Don't worry Snover," says Barry, "Start off with a Grasswhitsle at Monferno then use Mud Slap on Camerupt."

Snover nods before the battle commences. As Monferno begins to power up a Fire Punch, Snover begins to whistle. As Monferno hears the Grasswhitsle its head begins to droop, the monkey falling asleep. Snover smiles at the success of its attack before Camerupt slams into it with a Take Down. As that happens Aurora strengths herself up with her Curse before she pounces at Camerupt. As she gets closer to Camerupt, Aurora starts to spin around. She connects with the camel, successfully pulling off an Aqua Tail. As Camerupt is sent to the ground by the attack, Snover takes an opportunity to Slap some Mud int its eyes. Righting itself, Camerupt roars before stamping its feet on the ground, causing a Magnitude 9. Aurora and Snover are knocked off their feet, but didn't seem to take too much damage.

You look at the battle in front of you; Monferno asleep, Camerput partiallt blinded, and Aurora and Snover only taking a little bit of damage.

What will you do?
    David Michael grins with relief as Barry tosses out a pokemon and sort of facepalms in his mind. Barry's Snover appeared to have the same look, at least until Barry gives some orders...

David Michael was impressed at what happened, as when Monferno prepared a Fire Punch, Snover's Grasswhistling appeared to be at a good effect, as Monferno quickly droops, and falls asleep as Snover grins...before getting ran over by a Take Down, courtesy of Camerupt. After all of this time, Aurora had gained the time to Curse herself up, gaining more power and she easily manages to counterattack, spinning around in mid-air and slams herself into Camerupt with her Aqua Tail, dealing a good blow. Before Camerupt could recover, Snover Slapped some Mud into its face, and caused it to get angry, and of course stomp around, creating a Magnitude 9, which shook both pokemon around before things stopped. David Michael sized up the situation, and knowing what could be a priority. Since Camerupt wasn't asleep, he'd simply focus on it for the time being.

"Alright then Aurora, that was a good job- keep the pace and we've got this battle in the clear! Let's focus on Camerupt for right now, at least until Monferno wakes up. Fire off a Water Pulse on Camerupt, before following with an Ice Beam. Hopefully his being wet will increase the damage!"

After finishing his orders, David Michael turns to Barry and asked..

"Hey, that's a pretty good Snover, how long have you had him before now ?"

as he turns back to the battle at hand, David Michael listens out for Barry's response...

Hayward: Medeo jumps forward, intent on finishing off the creature once and for all. His head begins to glow as the Medicham Headbutts the creature with Zen energy. The creature gives a roar of pain, before it begins to Howl. You realise that it's using an attack of Hyneo's and you feel rage start to bubble up. Also realising that the creature is using one of Hyeno's moves, Medeo pulls his fist back and lets loose with a Dynamic Punch. The attack forces the creature off the ground and slams it into a wall. As the creature falls to the ground, it appears to be back in the state that it was in before it absorbed four of your pokemon. Once again it opened its mouth and sent a long, thin tongue in Medeo's direction. You watch the tongue in horror, expecting it to wrap around Medeo and pull him into the creature's mouth. Instead, Medeo slaps his hands together and sends out an enormous arc of energy in the creature's direction. The Psycho Cut rips through the tongue headed towards Medeo and cuts into the creature's face. The creature roars in pain as it flails on the ground, before it starts to convulse. Smoke starts to rise off the creature's body and, to your surprise, it begins to melt. As Medeo watches the creature melt, he briefly glows before reverting back to his Meditite stage. Finally the creature has fully melted away and left in its place are five pokemon. Your four pokemon jump up with joy once they realise that they are back and they run into your arms. After the initial joy of having your pokemon back has faded, you look over at the fifth pokemon and realise that it was alive. You walk over and see that lying on the ground is a Feebas, a Feebas which looks at you with eyes that say 'Please take me in'. It used to be the creature that attacked you, but at the same time it was just a helpless pokemon which was experimented on.

What will you do?

In a laboratory access tunnel on the Island of Cortoza, the trainer Ben Hale watched wide-eyed as the fallen body of the genetically-altered VI Monster was suddenly racked by violent, uncontrollable spasms. As it writhed on the ground in agony, wisps of smoke slowly ascended from its rapidly deteriorating body. Ben knew the creature had expanded a lot of energy in battle, and believed it no longer had the strength to stabilize its volatile molecular structure.

Like his trainer, Medeo was completely transfixed by the bizarre sight before his eyes and appeared to hardly even notice the light emanating from his own body, signaling his transformation back into Meditite form. In stunned silence, Ben and his partner watched as the shape-shifting creature’s skin slowly dissolved into nothingness. In its place were five tiny Pokemon -- Ben’s jubilant quartet and an unmoving Pokemon Ben couldn’t identify, but guessed was most likely the creature’s true form.

Freed from the unfriendly confines of their temporary “prison,” Forteo, Hyneo, Keo, and Marteo, let out a joyful shout and rushed to Ben and Medeo. Ben let out a grateful sigh as he saw that they had avoided serious injury, and embraced his team in a warm, group hug, while Medeo patted each of them on the back and grinned broadly. The boy promised to take them all to a Pokemon Center at the first possible opportunity, then thanked everyone for their hard work and complimented them on their effort, before returning them to their various Pokeballs.

As he stood to leave, mixed feelings swirled within Ben like a murky cyclone. He was glad that they had been able to stop the savage monster, but he still felt guilty about not being able to save the female researcher’s life. She had been so adamant that the creature was not really bad at heart, just confused, and Ben admired her for that. Right before she was killed, she had told Ben that the creature had once been an ordinary Pokemon. Seeking to create the perfect Pokemon, the scientists at VI had combined the DNA of several local specimens with their chosen host, but the experiment had gone terribly wrong, and the newly-created monster had gotten out of control.

Suddenly Ben’s curiosity got the best of him and he turned aside to check on the true identity of the host Pokemon. He recalled seeing elements of Krabby, Kingler, Corphish, Gorebyss, Tentacruel, and Gyarados among others, in the monster’s transformations and figured the scientists had most likely chosen the local water-types for their experiment. Nothing could have prepared the boy for the shock he received though. In the creature’s place was the saddest and loneliest Feebas Ben had ever seen, and as it blinked at him pitifully from the tunnel floor, Ben couldn’t help but feel sorry for it.

While it was true that this was the very same Pokemon that had attacked him, Ben knew it was really just a defenseless Pokemon that had been the victim of a cruel experiment. The boy knew that if anyone was to blame it was the researchers who had subjected the helpless fish to their atrocities. He couldn’t just leave it here to die in the middle of the tunnel. He hadn’t been able to save the female researcher, but he could save her Pokemon. Without a second thought, Ben quickly reached into the brown canvas messenger bag slung over his shoulder, pulled out a Pokeball, and tapped it lightly on the Feebas’s forehead.

Last edited by -Hayward-; 13th July 2009 at 8:56 PM.

Pele's Ruins

firewater:After giving his Snover a quick order of "Ice Shard and Stomp' Barry turns towards you and answers your question.

"Well I've had Snover for about three years now. I met him when I was investigating the temple in Snowpoint City," replied Barry. "Ever since Snover has proven himself to be quite a valuable ally."

Satisfied by the answer you turn your attention back to the battle. As Aurora opens her mouth to shoot her attack, Camerupt charges at the Spheal, Tackling the water type. Aurora still shoots her Water Pulse, but instead of hitting her intended target, Aurora hits Monferno. As the water splashes on the fire/fighting type, Monferno awakens. Realizing that it was put to sleep by Snover, the Monferno pulls back its fist and Punches the ice/grass with a fist of Fire. Snover yells in pain as the fire burns his grassy exterior. Wanting revenge, Snover throws a Shard of Ice towards Monferno, the ice cutting into its flesh. As Snover attacks Monferno, Aurora opens her mouth again and shoots out an Ice Beam at Camerupt. The beam slams into the fire/ground pokemon, not doing all that much damage but still a fair amount. Camerupt roars before glowing and sending out an Earth Power in Aurora's direction. The Spheal is sent flying, bouncing off a nearby rock. Snover stares at Monferno before he jumps up, intending to Stomp on Monferno, with the Monferno getting ready to hit Snover with a Double Punch. As Snover landed on Monferno, the monkey also hit Snover with two consecutive punches. Aurora looks back at you, awaiting her next set of orders.

What will you do?

Hayward A couple of things first. You need to put a link for your pokeball and I forget to put that Medeo gained a level from the battle.

You tap your pokeball on the Feebas' head and in an instant it is sucked into the ball. Congratulations you obtained a Female Lv 5 Feebas. Holding the ball that contains your new pokemon, you look around you. The tunnel is covered with dents and several bloodstains. You take one last look before you walk out of the tunnel. The thought of the scientist from before goes through your mind, making your eyes water a little, but you are able to dismiss the thought even though it is a sad one. Before you leave, you alert the authorities by calling them from the front office. You wait outside of the Research Lab for the authorities to arrive, and when they do, you have a lot of explaining of to do.

"So you're telling me that the scientists here were experimenting on pokemon in order to create the ultimate pokemon?" asked the police officer.

You nod your head and start to make your way off of the island. You take one last look at the Research Centre before you board the boat off the island.

When you reply to this you're welcome to leave Cortoza, and it was a pleasure updating you.

Pele's Shrine

Tale: As you give Pele you request, her statue starts to glow and large chunks of rock begin to fall off the statue. You watch in awe as slowly the rocks fall off to reveal the Goddess Pele. She looks down at you, her body glowing with ethereal light, she opens her mouth and starts to speak in a soothing voice. The Ralts that you have rescued has completely lost its mind. When I granted its wish, there was still some strands of sanity left in its mind, but now they are all gone. Pele pauses, making sure that you understand everything that she has said so far. When you nod to say continue on, she does. My quest for you to complete is for you to take the young Ralts and take it to the middle of this Shrine. Once Ralts has been placed on the podium, you will be required to face a series of battles. If you do then not only will I null Ralt's request, it shall also be restored to full sanity. But be warned, if you are not able to complete the trial, then not only will Ralts remain in a state in which its mind is trapped inside its insanity, you shall be forsaken with the same affliction Finishing, the Goddess looks at you, awaiting you answer. You must decide whether or not to save the Ralts, or if you should just high tail it out of Mt Pele.

What will you do?
    I do apologise for my sluggishness, PikaGod. I snatch at every opportunity to write that I can get, so my replies and updates are becoming quite sporadic. Thank you for the update =).

Lowering to a deep and reverent bow, Oscar faced only the rock beneath his feet as he patiently awaited any inkling to the Goddess’s response to his plight. His heart hammered like a warning drum, and droplets of sweat began to rhythmically drip from the tip of his goatee, quivering in the flux of his heavy breaths. With naught for his eyes to find focus in, his thoughts diverted to the events preceding that which was soon to follow, and it was with a slight surprise that he considered his demonstration of kindness for the Ralts. Were all other explanations unsuitable, he would have at that moment regained his posture, scalded his own philanthropic suppression of darker exploits and attempted to tackle the mountain without a moment’s deliberation of the peril. However, it was via the actions he’d taken that Oscar had found a conduit for the Mountain’s secrets to traverse - were it not for the preservation of the Ralts’s life, he’d now confront a crude demonstration of the Goddess’s power through which he’d be required to toil with far greater exertion than what was currently demanded of him if her enigma was to be plundered for its proffered wealth of experience. Now, he had a method through which the Goddess would be prized from the depths of the volcano to respond. As a matter of fact, he thought, it was ingenious.

He momentarily enjoyed the novel sensation of self-gratification until an unanticipated sound reached his ears above the volcano’s tremors. A crack. It was a sound he’d been somewhat fearful of during the largest portion of his progression to this point, but one he’d not considered upon the triumph of his efforts. With the crack of splitting rock piquing his curiosity enough to tempt his eyes from their respectful diversion, Oscar looked in just enough time to avoid the tumbling stone detached from the statue’s body. Snatching a few moments to straighten his hat, Oscar peered back up at the statue he’d spoken to just moments ago, and found himself significantly stunned by the apparent result of his attempts. Fretful for his companion’s wellbeing amid the shower of stone, he swiftly recalled Friedrich into his ball before gleaning some distance from the onslaught of rocky debris and viewing with motionless eyes from afar the occurrence that shook his rationality to its core.

There he stood like a bewildered infant before the one spectacle his wayward imaginings had not encompassed. The Goddess Pele, an entity whose existence rose above that of all mortality, was emerging like some divine miracle from within the statue’s stony shell. Her celestial aura manifested as a glow that beamed from every point of exposure, heavenly rays that rendered Oscar still and speechless, his mind mislaid amid the transcendence of his vision. The seconds passed like years he could barely comprehend or recollect for their staggering implausibility, and Pele was revealed - the rumours of her feminine form vivified in breathtaking starkness.

From that moment, every occurrence that passed was enhanced by the sensation of disembodiment. Oscar’s every sense was numbed at the magnificence of what he now confronted. His fibre brimmed with the privilege of which he could not rid his mind, and as the Goddess spoke to him directly, her velvety and ethereal voice travelling like the ripples of a tranquil pond to his ears, he was at once greater than he’d hoped to be. Her instruction held the clarity of crystal, and it was such which assuaged her voice’s betrayal of her fabled ferocity. Had it not come directly from the mouth of Pele herself, Oscar could not suppress the sense that the conditions to his request could have been calculated by a mortal mind alone, given the reputation in which the fiery Goddess was encircled. She demanded battle, violence, endurance, all those prospects that had at once allured his dark anticipations from the outset of his ascent. His responses were limited for his subjection to overwhelming awe, and it was with a slight yet surefooted nod that Oscar encouraged the words of Pele.

She cautioned him against loss, and tempered the triumph of his request with the prospect of insanity’s pervasion into all mortal minds present. Although he dared not voice it, insanity, he thought, was not the most repellent of punishments. It was but another route for consciousness to take, and had depths to be explored just as sanity had.

He sensed that upon her concluding word, the Goddess Pele desired his response. All that surrounded her radiant form had now dissolved into indistinguishable darkness, and his eyes found themselves dedicated. In the pause she had allowed, Oscar’s heart had begun to pound with the zeal inspired in the face of this opportunity. His eyes shimmered in the glow of her magnificence, and Oscar forcibly drew them down to where the little Ralts was laid. Though he had often enjoyed the merits on nonconformity, it was on a rare occasion that the compliance to instruction yielded results so abundantly beneficial that to flout them was in itself a detrimental act. He desired the challenge that Pele proposed, and so it was without hesitation that Oscar approached with deliberate steps.

“Pele, your words fall on my mortal ears with a majesty I’d only expected from one whose spirit thrives in passion,” he stood over the Ralts and looked down at its unconscious features. It was a pitiful sight, to see a creature that holds such immeasurable power sprawled so helplessly amid these magnificent visions. Slowly, he crouched to scoop the creature into his arms once more. “And it is with such passion that I shall respond. Like yours, my spirit cannot relent, it cannot shirk in the face of tribulation. And so, I accept what you ask of me, and I shall engage with utmost fervour the challenge beset before me.” His final words were spoken as he placed the Ralts’s body upon the shrine. Bracingly, his hand hovered over the Pokeball that contained his Sneasel, Jean-Paul.

“I am prepared.” He said.

Hayward A couple of things first. You need to put a link for your pokeball and I forget to put that Medeo gained a level from the battle.

You tap your pokeball on the Feebas' head and in an instant it is sucked into the ball. Congratulations you obtained a Female Lv 5 Feebas. Holding the ball that contains your new pokemon, you look around you. The tunnel is covered with dents and several bloodstains. You take one last look before you walk out of the tunnel. The thought of the scientist from before goes through your mind, making your eyes water a little, but you are able to dismiss the thought even though it is a sad one. Before you leave, you alert the authorities by calling them from the front office. You wait outside of the Research Lab for the authorities to arrive, and when they do, you have a lot of explaining of to do.

"So you're telling me that the scientists here were experimenting on pokemon in order to create the ultimate pokemon?" asked the police officer.

You nod your head and start to make your way off of the island. You take one last look at the Research Centre before you board the boat off the island.

When you reply to this you're welcome to leave Cortoza, and it was a pleasure updating you.

*OoC - Whoops! Sorry about the Pokeball link, I've included it in this post.

A brilliant flash of scarlet light momentarily illuminated the underground lab tunnel as the helpless Feebas was quickly sucked up into the Pokeball that Ben gently tapped against its forehead. Clutching the red and white capture capsule tightly in his hand, the boy took one last look at the passageway and knew he would never forget the events that happened here. The walls had been heavily damaged during the battle and concern for the corridor’s structural integrity briefly crossed Ben’s mind. Bloodstains of various sizes and shapes dotted the floor, and he fought back a tear as he was once again reminded of the female researcher who had given her life trying to save the Feebas he now held in his hand. Lifting up the flap on the brown canvas messenger bag slung across his shoulder, Ben placed the Pokeball containing Feebas next to the five containment orbs housing Medeo, Hyneo, Keo, Forteo, and Marteo, then set off on the return trip to Volcanity, Inc.’s Research Facility.

"So you're telling me that the scientists here were experimenting on Pokemon in order to create the ultimate Pokemon?" the police officer asked. Knowing the authorities needed to be informed of what had happened in the Research Facility, Ben had called them from one of the lobby phones and then waited outside for their arrival.

The boy solemnly nodded his head and wondered if he should tell them about the experimental Feebas in his bag. Worry for the fish's safety filled him as he realized the authorities might see it as dangerous and try to take it from him, or that they might wish to study it out of curiosity. Ben knew that the Feebas needed a good home more than anything and decided against sharing any information about it. The officer didn’t ask any follow-up questions, though and Ben left the officers to continue their investigation on their own.

An ocean going vessel was waiting near the shoreline, and as Ben made his way across the sandy beachfront towards it, he threw a quick glance over his shoulder at the research facility in the near distance. Everything seemed quiet and Ben sincerely hoped that peace had returned to the area. Hopefully, the remaining scientists had learned that it was wrong to temper with nature, and would dedicate themselves to bettering the lives of people and Pokemon in the future.

* for reference lv. 28 male meditite is now lv. 29 - meditite learned force palm*

As my adventure in Cortoza has come to a close, I just want to once again thank the two updators for a fun time. So, thanks to Amras.MG for the first half of the updates, as well as for the awesome Krabby. *bows respectfully* and a big thank you to Food Guy for picking up where he left off, for the interesting second half (a shape-shifting Feebas=win), and for the unique Pokemon capture. *bows respectfully a second time* Thanks again, guys, I had a blast. Food Guy, good luck with your future adventures.

-H

__________________________________________________ _______
    Last edited by -Hayward-; 14th July 2009 at 7:37 PM. Reason: grammar

Pele's Shrine

Tale: Placing Ralts on the Shrine, you await your first challenge. The moment the petite body of Ralts touched the rock, the temple begins to tremble. The trembling continues until a section of the temple floor opens up. Accompanied by an over dramatic display of smoke and pyrotechnics, a platform slowly rises up from the hole, as it finally finishes rising you see a man, dressed in what appears to be ceremonial garb, standing there. "Ah, you must be our challenger," says the man as he steps off the platform. "You will face a series of five battles, as you most probably already know. Each of the battles will progressively get harder and harder as you go on. Each pokemon may only be used in two battles each, so save your strongest pokemon for last." The man stops briefly and continues on when he sees that you understand the conditions. "Your first battle will be against me, and while I may be considered the easiest of your five battles, by no means will I be easy. Now, go Maui" The man throws a pokeball forward and when it hits the ground it releases an enormous rocky pokemon, one with a big nose, a red hat and what appears to be a black moustache. In other words he sent out a Probopass. "Now lets begin," says the man.

What will you do?

Pele's Shrine

Tale: Placing Ralts on the Shrine, you await your first challenge. The moment the petite body of Ralts touched the rock, the temple begins to tremble. The trembling continues until a section of the temple floor opens up. Accompanied by an over dramatic display of smoke and pyrotechnics, a platform slowly rises up from the hole, as it finally finishes rising you see a man, dressed in what appears to be ceremonial garb, standing there. "Ah, you must be our challenger," says the man as he steps off the platform. "You will face a series of five battles, as you most probably already know. Each of the battles will progressively get harder and harder as you go on. Each pokemon may only be used in two battles each, so save your strongest pokemon for last." The man stops briefly and continues on when he sees that you understand the conditions. "Your first battle will be against me, and while I may be considered the easiest of your five battles, by no means will I be easy. Now, go Maui" The man throws a pokeball forward and when it hits the ground it releases an enormous rocky pokemon, one with a big nose, a red hat and what appears to be a black moustache. In other words he sent out a Probopass. "Now lets begin," says the man.

What will you do?
    Thank you for an exciting update, PikaGod =).

No sooner than his words were uttered did Oscar whirl around to witness the stirring emergence of his first challenge. “I see that little time is wasted with such matters…perhaps I’m not the first explorer to confront your challenge?” He asks softly, hand still poised at his pocket. Just a few yards ahead of him, the rocky floor shifted amid the tremors prompted by the presentation of the Ralts’s unconscious body, and Oscar smiled as thick smoke poured from the crevice, evidently concealing that which lay veiled beneath the rock at his feet. Were he not invigorated by the prospect of battle amid the relentless eruption of a powerful volcano, he would have tried his luck investigating the space that existed beneath him - perhaps in some way in was interconnected with the tunnel he’d ventured into just moments ago.

Regardless of his suppressed impulses, Oscar was within seconds sharing glances with his first opponent, a man who incited an inexplicable zeal within him with the ceremonial attire in which he was clad. Oscar did not and could not flout the notion that this was a man particularly adept not only in battle, but in volcanic environments. In this man, he was certain to confront a tribulation that only the most tactical of approaches would subdue. The stranger then spoke to Oscar, relaying and affirming the requisites of the challenge, evidently in cahoots with the Goddess herself and experienced in the intricacies of her will. By no means, Oscar thought, would he shirk from the opportunity to present Pele with an inspiring confrontation, ablaze with the passion churning in his heart, and the zealousness of his spirit.

“I am certain, sir, that you are not a man whose prowess in battle is to be disregarded. I anticipate the uncertainty of our conflict with relentless spirit. I only hope that the sentiment is mutual.”

His opponent, after having concluded the instructions by which Oscar was required to abide, unleashed his companion in a flash of light. The creature, unlike any other that Oscar had thus far witnessed, bore a thrilling resemblance to ancient statues that rang familiar to Oscar’s memory. From what he could ascertain, it was not of flesh and blood, but a material of far sturdier constitution. While the majority of its body was evidently composed of rock, Oscar noted the metallic matter beneath Maui’s great nose, and likened its magnetic implications to that of the Magnemite line - all of which, he recalled, are composed of steel bodies. Should this have proven valid, and the creature he now confronted was indeed of a steely composition, then dependence on physical assaults was a nullified concept.

With such concerns borne in mind, Oscar’s hand shifted to the ball that contained Simone, then paused as he considered his residual collection of items. In another pocket he held a variety of Technical Machines, which he’d intended to equally distribute amongst his companions to increase their wealth of techniques. Two of these would have proven quite beneficial to Simone in particular.

Wary that his extended tarrying may prompt frustration to be ill-received by the Goddess Pele, Oscar held up an apologetic hand. “Though my soul rages for battle, I must insist that I first engage in some necessary preparation, please accept my apologies.”

Plunging his hand hastily into his pocket, he sifted through the compact items before pinpointing two of the Technical Machines at his disposal. Extracting and preparing them - two crimson boxes containing the information that would prove invaluable to his ally and setting them on the ground before him, he slotted the Pokeball that contained Simone into the left - a Fire Blast Technical Machine - and then the right - Overheat. Awaiting the necessary procedures, Oscar scratched his beard before the mechanical whirring had subsided, indicating Simone’s comprehension of the manoeuvres. Bending down with an eccentric wave of his hand, he clasped the ball and allowed it to expand.

“Now. Where were we?” He threw the ball to the ground, swathing his immediate vicinity in a blast of white light, before grinning at his canine companion as she once again gazed with uncaring eyes on her surroundings, before seating her self upon the rough terrain.

“Hello again, Simone. I trust your respite has been productive. I’d like you to partake in a one-on-one battle, should it please you - your enemy is Maui, that rock-comprised creature just a few yards ahead of you. Now, Simone, please commence by concocting a Nasty Plot for the battle ahead. Ensue by scalding your enemy with a Will-o-wisp and induce some damage with a Shadow Ball to finish. Good luck, my girl.”

Pele's Shrine

Tale: The man smiles as he sees you release your Houndoor and give her a couple of TMs.

"So you think that by using a fire-type that you will defeat me?" mockingly asks the man before he turns towards his Probopass. "Maui, you know what to do."

The Probopass nods and turned towards Simone, the look on its face a very serious look. You quickly give your orders to Simone, and the Houndoor jumps into action. She starts off thinking some Nasty thoughts about her opponent and Plots its downfall. Shaking its head, Maui suddenly gains a metallic sheen to its body, a sign that it used Iron Defense. Ignoring Maui's defensive maneuver Simone opens her mouth and coughs up several fireballs. The Will-O-Wisp snakes its way towards Maui wraps around the Probopass' body. Maui gives a short yell as the fireballs slowly start to burn its metallic body. Giving Simone a death stare, Maui's Mini-passes begin to shake. Suddenly they shoot out and slam into Simone. You look at the Probopass with confusion about what attack it had just used, but you quickly figure out that it was a Magnet Bomb. Slowly getting up, Simone glares at Maui, and she opens her mouth. As she opens it, a Ball of Shadow energy forms in her mouth, and it shoots off into Maui. The Probopass grunts with pain as the attack collides, but then it gives a big sigh and begins to Rest. With the first round of the battle over Simone looks at you and awaits her next orders.

What will you do?

Sorry for the late updates and due to inactivity I'm no longer updating Atlantis_Kid.

Fishyfool: Even more enraged at the men, you continue long the path to their base. As you walk along you can't help but notice that the forest around you is actually getting more and more sparse, and the calls of wild pokemon have stopped. Even though you can tell that this is a bad sign you continue on, you have to stop these men so that they can't inflict anymore damage onto innocent pokemon. After a little while of walking you stop to take a little break, the humidity in the area feels like its rising and now your shirt is absolutely drenched. As you sit down you hear a distant rumbling, and it sounds like it's coming towards you. Right next to you Jackie seems to have become very agitated, yelling out in fear at what was coming. Even though Jackie appears to be afraid, you look on confidently as a large Humvee rolls up.

As the driver gets out he looks at you with a devious grin and pulls out what looks to be a rocket launcher. He fires the launcher, but instead of a rocket bursting out a large net did. The net just misses you and instead wraps around Jackie. The little monkey screams her head off as she is dragged back towards the man. The driver quickly shoves your pokemon into the back of the Humvee and drives away, leaving you in shock at Jackie being taken. This is obviously a ploy masterminded by the men.

What will you do?
    Sorry for the much later reply, the past few weeks have been hectic.

With anger overriding his decisions, and the forest becoming ever more sparse, Jamie continued to soldier on through the undergrowth, the aroma of his body odour a likelier deterrent to wild pokemon than anything else, and Jackie becoming more agitated for reasons unknown. As he found a small clearing, a rumbling alerted him as Jackie became much more fearful, and as a humvee rolled up beside him, the grin plastered over the man's face unnerved the trainer somewhat.

Within a few seconds, the fiend had hauled out a rocket launcher and blasted it at Jackie, the warhead bursting into a net, ensnaring the chimp as Jamie looked on in surprise while Meteos hovered nearby, glaring angrily at the act and waiting for an order, but receiving none could only watch as the thief escaped hastily, the jeep roaring down the road and outrunning him. Growling, the boy didn't have to think about what happened: Spovelli must have ordered said flunkie to snatch the Aipom, and the chimp would likely be used as bait or deterrent to dispose of the trainer: An act of abject cowardice.

"Meteos, try and get a psychic link to Jackie while we carry on. If I know them, they won't dare kill her, lest Volcanity Inc. lives up to its name, and not in the incorporative sense."

Determined, Jamie set off on the road, hoping that the Aipom was safe, and preparing himself for something that could barely be considered legal.

I reject your Nyancats and replace it with my own.
    FB

Pele's Ruins

firewater:After giving his Snover a quick order of "Ice Shard and Stomp' Barry turns towards you and answers your question.

"Well I've had Snover for about three years now. I met him when I was investigating the temple in Snowpoint City," replied Barry. "Ever since Snover has proven himself to be quite a valuable ally."

Satisfied by the answer you turn your attention back to the battle. As Aurora opens her mouth to shoot her attack, Camerupt charges at the Spheal, Tackling the water type. Aurora still shoots her Water Pulse, but instead of hitting her intended target, Aurora hits Monferno. As the water splashes on the fire/fighting type, Monferno awakens. Realizing that it was put to sleep by Snover, the Monferno pulls back its fist and Punches the ice/grass with a fist of Fire. Snover yells in pain as the fire burns his grassy exterior. Wanting revenge, Snover throws a Shard of Ice towards Monferno, the ice cutting into its flesh. As Snover attacks Monferno, Aurora opens her mouth again and shoots out an Ice Beam at Camerupt. The beam slams into the fire/ground pokemon, not doing all that much damage but still a fair amount. Camerupt roars before glowing and sending out an Earth Power in Aurora's direction. The Spheal is sent flying, bouncing off a nearby rock. Snover stares at Monferno before he jumps up, intending to Stomp on Monferno, with the Monferno getting ready to hit Snover with a Double Punch. As Snover landed on Monferno, the monkey also hit Snover with two consecutive punches. Aurora looks back at you, awaiting her next set of orders.

What will you do?
    Well, David Michael could accept Barry's answer as he'd heard about Snowpoint City, but at any rate he'd simply had to focus on the battle at hand. All he could do was wince as Camerupt's attack caused Aurora's attack to go wild, and while it hit a target, it didn't hit the right target. Regardless, Aurora looked ready to go, so David Michael simply gave orders.

"Aurora, you're doing great, let's try that combination again, but make sure you hit Camerupt this time, Water Pulse into Ice Beam if you wouldn't mind."

waiting for the orders to go into effect, David Michael expected the best of the battle...

Crystal Jungle Resort

fishyfool: As you walk down the road, Meteos follows behind you. His eyes glow bright red as he searches for your missing pokemon. Every now and then, Meteos lets out a little grunt, but so far there is no news on the wear abouts of Jackie. Ten minutes later, you are still walking, with no actual idea where you are actually going, and Meteos still hasn't found Jackie. You know that Volcanic Inc won't kill Jackie, they don't have the guts, but that doesn't mean that they won't torture her or sell her off to the highest bidder. Suddenly Meteos lets out a cry of delight, signaling to you that he has found you simian friend. Not being able to talk, the Lunatone sends to your mind images of where Jackie is being held. You see the Volcanity Inc. building and the way there, as well as Jackie in a small cage. Once again, rage burns through you because of the company. They had to be stopped, and quickly. With that set in your mind, you set off in the direction of Volcanity Inc. Soon, however, you find yourself having to stop because of someone in the middle of the road. When he notices that you are there, the man looks at you and smiles a malicious grin.

"Ah, you must be Jamie," he says. "Spovelli told me about you."

At that the man unclips one of his PokeBalls and throws it towards you. The ball hits the ground and releases, what appears to be a prehistoric dragonfly. The Yanmega looks at you for a second, before it swoops at you. You easily dodge the attack, but it is obvious that you need to do something about the attacking pokemon.

What will you do?

Pele's Ruins

firewater: With the next round of the battle underway, Snover starts off by pelting Shards of Ice at Monferno. The primate tries to jump out of the road of the shards, but is unable to, and as a result, has its tail frozen. Monferno stares daggers at Snover, before its whole body is engulfed by Flames. It Wheels off in Snover's direction, and collides with the ice/grass type. Snover screams in pain as the fire burns his icy exterior, and retaliates by hitting himself, causing a mini Avalanche. The ice falls on the fire/fighting type, and as the ice melts the water is too much for Monferno, and it faints. Seeing what Snover did to Monferno, Camerupt lets out a loud roar before the volcanoes on its back begin to bubble. Lava shoots out of the volcanoes in Plumes, a vast majority of it hitting Snover. The combination of Monferno's earlier attack and this one causes the ice/grass type to faint. Aurora on the other hand, is raring to go and starts off with opening her mouth and shooting out Water in Pulses. The water attack collides with Camerupt and sends it to the ground. The fire/ground type rights itself before its volcanoes start to bubble again. Seeing this Aurora opens her mouth and shoots a Beam of Ice energy. The beam hits the mouths of the volcanoes and seals them up. Camerupt roars and forces the volcanoes to heat up, and when they do, the ice melts and cancels out the attack. You look at the battlefield in front of you and get ready to say your next set of orders.

What will you do?

Crystal Jungle Resort

Pele's Ruins

firewater: With the next round of the battle underway, Snover starts off by pelting Shards of Ice at Monferno. The primate tries to jump out of the road of the shards, but is unable to, and as a result, has its tail frozen. Monferno stares daggers at Snover, before its whole body is engulfed by Flames. It Wheels off in Snover's direction, and collides with the ice/grass type. Snover screams in pain as the fire burns his icy exterior, and retaliates by hitting himself, causing a mini Avalanche. The ice falls on the fire/fighting type, and as the ice melts the water is too much for Monferno, and it faints. Seeing what Snover did to Monferno, Camerupt lets out a loud roar before the volcanoes on its back begin to bubble. Lava shoots out of the volcanoes in Plumes, a vast majority of it hitting Snover. The combination of Monferno's earlier attack and this one causes the ice/grass type to faint. Aurora on the other hand, is raring to go and starts off with opening her mouth and shooting out Water in Pulses. The water attack collides with Camerupt and sends it to the ground. The fire/ground type rights itself before its volcanoes start to bubble again. Seeing this Aurora opens her mouth and shoots a Beam of Ice energy. The beam hits the mouths of the volcanoes and seals them up. Camerupt roars and forces the volcanoes to heat up, and when they do, the ice melts and cancels out the attack. You look at the battlefield in front of you and get ready to say your next set of orders.

What will you do?
    Watching the battle, David Michael could only stare in shock as Snover managed to finish off Monferno... but right after that Camerupt had beaten it as well. Auroura appeared to be ready to continue, but the fact that those volcanoes were smouldering was a bit of a concern for David Michael, regardless he continues his orders...

"you're doing great Aurora, keep it up. Let's try and finish this battle by keeping our distance. Pelt Camerupt with Water Pulses until it faints, but if it gets too close, launch a Aqua Tail instead."

Crystal Jungle Resort

fishyfool: As you walk down the road, Meteos follows behind you. His eyes glow bright red as he searches for your missing pokemon. Every now and then, Meteos lets out a little grunt, but so far there is no news on the wear abouts of Jackie. Ten minutes later, you are still walking, with no actual idea where you are actually going, and Meteos still hasn't found Jackie. You know that Volcanic Inc won't kill Jackie, they don't have the guts, but that doesn't mean that they won't torture her or sell her off to the highest bidder. Suddenly Meteos lets out a cry of delight, signaling to you that he has found you simian friend. Not being able to talk, the Lunatone sends to your mind images of where Jackie is being held. You see the Volcanity Inc. building and the way there, as well as Jackie in a small cage. Once again, rage burns through you because of the company. They had to be stopped, and quickly. With that set in your mind, you set off in the direction of Volcanity Inc. Soon, however, you find yourself having to stop because of someone in the middle of the road. When he notices that you are there, the man looks at you and smiles a malicious grin.

"Ah, you must be Jamie," he says. "Spovelli told me about you."

At that the man unclips one of his PokeBalls and throws it towards you. The ball hits the ground and releases, what appears to be a prehistoric dragonfly. The Yanmega looks at you for a second, before it swoops at you. You easily dodge the attack, but it is obvious that you need to do something about the attacking pokemon.

What will you do?

Wandering through the jungle, Meteos giving occasional grunts, Jamie questioned what the company would want with Jackie, or rather what her fate would be if he din't find her soon. After a short time, he wasn't sure where he was going as he sighed exasperated, just before Meteos gave a cheerful whistle, or as much of a jubilant sound as a floating rock banana could give before using psychic powers to transmit Jackie's location. As expected, she was in a cage outside Volcanity Inc, and Jamie's patience gave as he growled before heading the way the lunar pokemon showed him. After a short time, however, an obstacle came in the shape of a human, whose devious grin gave the game away: Volcanity employee, under Spovelli's command.

The dragonfly he sent out that swooped for the boy, missing typically, also alerted him that he was packing heat as he looked at the Yanmega, his mind instantly kicking into action to remember what these were capable of: The bugs either had the ability to largely ignore resistances, or they could move faster each round, expending slightly more energy for it. Considering his options, one of them were incapacitated nearby, another would likely gut him for sending her out and another was in storage. Two of them could easily battle it, but knowing trainers, it'd likely strike back with some painful grass moves, leaving only two options, one of which was still a bit tired from Jackie's previous interrogator, which left just one option as the Honchkrow appeared before Jamie, and prepared himself for battle upon espying the caffeinated insect.

"I'd assume he's been talking praises about me. Yakuza, start off by screeching at that Yanmega, before diving in for a drill peck and nailing it with a quick psychic burst, preferably into a tree or something, if not, then the ground."

Staring at the man with determination, Jamie and Yakuza seemed poised to cut through the fool if he didn't yield, and as tension rose, he knew that the man could easily be stalling for time...

FB

Pele's Ruins

firewater: Issuing your next set of orders, Aurora jumps into battle. The Spheal jumps up into the air, opening her mouth as she does so. Pulses of high-pressured Water burst from Aurora's mouth and shoots towards Camerupt. The fire/ground type roars in pain as the water barrages his body, before he charges at Aurora, determined to Take Down the Spheal. Camerupt connects with Aurora and sends her flying backwards, but as she does the water type swings her body around and hits Camerupt with an Aqua Tail. Camerupt lets out a roar before it collapses to the ground, fainted. Level up for Aurora!

"It seems that you are worthy of entering the ruins," say the women in perfect synchronization. "But be warned, these ruins are cursed. You may enter, but you may not return!"

And with that the two women walk backwards and a fog covered them. As quickly as the fog had appears it disappears, the two women gone.

"Well that was different," comments Barry, "Well we should get to exploring these ruins."

As you and Barry walk into the ruins you notice that the ruins look like they will collapse at any moment. Despite this you continue walking, that is until you reach what appears to be a intersection, an old crumbling intersection. Both the ways that you can go, left or right, look exactly the same, but who knows what is on the end of either one.

“Well it appears that we need to make a decision on where we are going,” says Barry, “What way do you want to go?”

What will you do?

Crystal Resort Jungle

fishyfool: Bursting into action Yakuza opens beak and starts to Screech. The high pitched noise echoes from his mouth and makes its way towards Yanmega and its trainer. The man screamed in pain as he covered his ears and the prehistoric dragonfly starts to erratically move left to right. Soon, however, Yakuza finishes screeching, and the moment that he does Yanmega shoots forward and hits the Honchkrow in the stomach with a Quick Attack. Your pokemon is whacked backwards, and while he is righting himself, Yanmega takes the opportunity to vibrate at quite a rapid rate, resulting in a massive Sonic Boom. The attack slams into Yakuza and the Honchkrow is once again whacked backwards. Realising that he wasn't going to be able to easily get up, Yakuza mixes your orders around a bit and instead of using Drill Peck, the Honchkrow glows with Psychic energy. The same energy soon envelopes his opponent, and the bug is thrown into a tree. Jumping up Yakuza continues to attack, his Beak spinning around like a Drill, and dives at Yanmega. It lets out a loud cry as the attack is made supereffective due to its bug-type, before Yakuza soon yields. Royally ****** at the dark/flying type Yanmega springs up and slams into the bird, Powered by Ancient energy. The move does a fair amount of damage due to being supereffective, but Yakuza looks like he still has a lot of energy in him. The bird turns towards you and awaits his next orders.

What will you do?

Pele's Ruins

firewater: Issuing your next set of orders, Aurora jumps into battle. The Spheal jumps up into the air, opening her mouth as she does so. Pulses of high-pressured Water burst from Aurora's mouth and shoots towards Camerupt. The fire/ground type roars in pain as the water barrages his body, before he charges at Aurora, determined to Take Down the Spheal. Camerupt connects with Aurora and sends her flying backwards, but as she does the water type swings her body around and hits Camerupt with an Aqua Tail. Camerupt lets out a roar before it collapses to the ground, fainted. Level up for Aurora!

"It seems that you are worthy of entering the ruins," say the women in perfect synchronization. "But be warned, these ruins are cursed. You may enter, but you may not return!"

And with that the two women walk backwards and a fog covered them. As quickly as the fog had appears it disappears, the two women gone.

"Well that was different," comments Barry, "Well we should get to exploring these ruins."

As you and Barry walk into the ruins you notice that the ruins look like they will collapse at any moment. Despite this you continue walking, that is until you reach what appears to be a intersection, an old crumbling intersection. Both the ways that you can go, left or right, look exactly the same, but who knows what is on the end of either one.

“Well it appears that we need to make a decision on where we are going,” says Barry, “What way do you want to go?”

What will you do?
    Camerupt and Auoura stared off before the two clashed in battle yet again, Auoura's first Water Pulse dealing a huge hit to Camerupt, who enraged tried a Take Down attack. Auoura took a solid hit, but finishes off the camel with an Aqua Tail.

"Excellent job Auoura" David Michael had enough time to say before the two strange women began to speak yet again

And with that they vanished into a thick fog. Barry seems to shrug before he begins to move into the ruins, and David Michael follows into the ruins, overhearing a comment as he moved on.

Regardless the two of them continued walking through the ruins before they ran into an intersection. Looking both ways, David Michael had no idea on where to go until Barry asked the question

still unsure, David Michael simply shrugs before saying

"Well Barry, i'm not sure but I'm thinking that I'd go to the left. but wherever you want to go is up to you."

Waiting for the response, David Michael prepares to go to the left corridor.

Crystal Resort Jungle

fishyfool: Bursting into action Yakuza opens beak and starts to Screech. The high pitched noise echoes from his mouth and makes its way towards Yanmega and its trainer. The man screamed in pain as he covered his ears and the prehistoric dragonfly starts to erratically move left to right. Soon, however, Yakuza finishes screeching, and the moment that he does Yanmega shoots forward and hits the Honchkrow in the stomach with a Quick Attack. Your pokemon is whacked backwards, and while he is righting himself, Yanmega takes the opportunity to vibrate at quite a rapid rate, resulting in a massive Sonic Boom. The attack slams into Yakuza and the Honchkrow is once again whacked backwards. Realising that he wasn't going to be able to easily get up, Yakuza mixes your orders around a bit and instead of using Drill Peck, the Honchkrow glows with Psychic energy. The same energy soon envelopes his opponent, and the bug is thrown into a tree. Jumping up Yakuza continues to attack, his Beak spinning around like a Drill, and dives at Yanmega. It lets out a loud cry as the attack is made supereffective due to its bug-type, before Yakuza soon yields. Royally ****** at the dark/flying type Yanmega springs up and slams into the bird, Powered by Ancient energy. The move does a fair amount of damage due to being supereffective, but Yakuza looks like he still has a lot of energy in him. The bird turns towards you and awaits his next orders.

What will you do?
    The beginning of battle had made it rather clear that the faster Yanmega had a velocitative advantage by delivering the first strike to the Honchkrow, albeit after having its audial systems smashed by the screeching bird. Taking further advantage of things, the bug then proceeded to deliver a sonic boom into Yakuza, knocking the avian back a few feet as Jamie stared hard, and as he watched, he realised that Yanmega could have taken advantage of the situation, except for a bit of unruly behaviour by the Honchkrow. Blitzing with a burst of psychic energy, the dragonfly was knocked back into a tree before being drilled by the beak as Yakuza delivered swift justice, picking on the lowered defensive prowess to give a hefty strike to Yanmega. However, this advantage was scuppered hastily when the pokemon struck forward with ancient power, the effective attack striking quite hard.

Contemplating the common Yanmega movepool, he noted Hypnosis as a possible choice, yet the fact that Yakuza was an insomniac meant that attempts to shut him down with sleep moves would fail miserably. Aside from that, there wasn't much to go on, though from a lack of speed increases, he considered it having Tinted Lens, meaning weaker hits act as neutral as they were.

"Doing good so far, Yakuza. What say we give the foe a bit of a breeze with a whirlwind directed around you, so as to provide a bit of extra lift as well as a slight barrier against physical moves, before taunting him into anger, then follow your insults with a good dose of ice beam love."

FB

Pele's Ruins

firewater: "Well then I guess left it is," says Barry after you say your choice.

The pair of you walk towards the left part of the intersection, with Aurora rolling behind you. Continuing down the path at a steady pace, you start to feel as if someone is watching you. Several times you try to see if anyone is following you and Barry, but the fog is too thick for you to see anything.

"Something just doesn't seem right here, does it?" asks Barry as he too soon starts to feel as if someone was watching him.

You tell Barry that you feel the same and the two of you continue to walk down the path, even though you feel as if something is wrong. Soon however your suspicions are confirmed. You and Barry continue walking for a short while before the ground begins to shake.

"What's going on?" asks Barry as the shaking begins to intensify.

Suddenly the ground in front of Barry explodes and he is blown backwards. As the dust begins to settle you and Barry look at whatever had burst out of the ground and gasp in shock when you see what it was. Climbing out of the hole in the ground is a large Rhyperior, the rocky pokemon glaring at you and Barry.

"I think we might have to fight," says Barry as he unclips a ball on his belt.

He throws the ball at the ground and in a burst of light his pokemon appears. The large feathery water type Pelipper glares at the Rhyperior in front of it, and Barry turns to you.

"Quickly send out your pokemon!" he says.

What will you do?

Crystal Resort Jungle

fishyfool: This time, with Yanmega attacking first, the bug shoots forward, Slashing at Yakuza with its tail. The dark/flying type lets out a shriek of pain as the tail scrapes across his chest, before he starts to flap his wings. The flapping motion quickly creates a Whirlwind, the attack circling around the Honchkrow. Quickly following up the attack Yakuza gives Yanmega Taunt, which the bug easily falls for. Giving a quick roar of rage, Yanmega once again glows with rock power, and charges at Yakuza. Despite the Whirlwind barrier, the Ancient Power seems to have done a number on the Honchkrow, but still the bird continues on. Giving Yanmega a death glare, Yakuza opens his beak and shoots out a large Beam of Ice at his opponent. The Ice Beam slam into Yanmega and forces it into the ground, and it appears to have been knocked out. You are about to congratulate Yakuza on his success, but stop when you hear a Buzzing noise. Realising that it was probably a bad noise you look at Yanmega and see that it is glowing with Bug energy. As the buzzing grows louder, the ground around Yanmega literally explodes as its attack frees it from the ground. You are surprised to see that the bug type is still able to fight, but you do notice that it is panting rather heavily and it seems to be having trouble staying in the air.

What will you do?

Pele's Ruins

firewater: "Well then I guess left it is," says Barry after you say your choice.

The pair of you walk towards the left part of the intersection, with Aurora rolling behind you. Continuing down the path at a steady pace, you start to feel as if someone is watching you. Several times you try to see if anyone is following you and Barry, but the fog is too thick for you to see anything.

"Something just doesn't seem right here, does it?" asks Barry as he too soon starts to feel as if someone was watching him.

You tell Barry that you feel the same and the two of you continue to walk down the path, even though you feel as if something is wrong. Soon however your suspicions are confirmed. You and Barry continue walking for a short while before the ground begins to shake.

"What's going on?" asks Barry as the shaking begins to intensify.

Suddenly the ground in front of Barry explodes and he is blown backwards. As the dust begins to settle you and Barry look at whatever had burst out of the ground and gasp in shock when you see what it was. Climbing out of the hole in the ground is a large Rhyperior, the rocky pokemon glaring at you and Barry.

"I think we might have to fight," says Barry as he unclips a ball on his belt.

He throws the ball at the ground and in a burst of light his pokemon appears. The large feathery water type Pelipper glares at the Rhyperior in front of it, and Barry turns to you.

"Quickly send out your pokemon!" he says.

What will you do?
    David Michael and Barry had started down the selected trail, with the victorious Auorua rolling not far behind. David Michael had the feeling that someone or something was following the three of them, but every time he would look back, the only thing that he appeared to see was Auoura rolling behind himself and Barry.

But this was only because of the deep fog that had appeared behind them. Feeling slightly creeped out, David Michael keeps on going, even noticing that Barry's movements weren't as confident as before, and a quick question seemed to affirm David Michael's thoughts.

"Something just doesn't seem right here, does it?"

Turning to Barry, David Michael simply mutters a quick yes, agreeing with the thoughts, not trying to think about what could be following them in the deep fog behind them. However, as they continued to walk, it appeared that something wasn't going to happen. However, the feeling wouldn't disappear, and the fears were somewhat confirmed as the ground begins to shake heavily

"What's going on?"

Barry asked, confused. But before David Michael could respond, the question answers itself, as the ground right in front of Barry appears to explode or something, and as Barry quickly pulls himself up, the dust and everything clears to reveal a large Rhyperior, who glares at the two of us.

"I think we might have to fight," Barry gasps, but before David Michael could say a word, Barry had plucked a pokeball from his belt, revealing a Pelliper that was ready to go. David Michael turns to Auoura, but noticing that she still looked a bit tired from her earlier battles, he quickly returns her and picks up a brownish pokeball. Holding up the Chocolate ball, David Michael opens it to reveal Paradise, his Exeggcute. Turning to Barry, David Michael tries to calm the situation.

"Barry, let's try and see if we can do this without exhausting our pokemon. if we can avoid fights, that would be a good alternative- I mean, you've already lost one, and we don't know what else we would have to deal with first. Let's try and reason with Rhyperior before we have to get into a pointless fight."

Turning to Paradise, David Michael gives some quick orders.

"Hey Paradise, this may not be the forest, but it's just as er, stunning to say. I want you to watch out while I try to talk to Rhyperior. If it tries anything funny, or attacks fire up a Reflect and knock him back with a Psychic, wrap things up with a Leech Seed.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast