Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 216

Thread: Cortoza's Recorded History

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,160

    Default

    Hair clung to Kris' face, cemented to her skin by layers of sweat and dust that that had accumulated over the morning. Wet, sweaty patches stained her clothes, the soggy stretches a testament to the tropic heat that swallowed the island whole. Around her, large trees and tiny ferns dotted the haphazard footpath that had been carved through the forest by a hundred dozen other explorers just like her. She was grateful for whatever shade the foliage cast over her, the noontime sun all but unbearable once it had joined forces with the sweltering weather imposed by the volcanic island itself.

    "It's hot." she whined needlessly to her Pokemon companion; a young Vaporeon named Levi. Beads of dew shimmered like diamonds in the high sunlight, the condensation of a curious but pleasant byproduct of her aquatic physiology. "What do you say we find somewhere with some water to cool down in?"

    Levi sighed, the sound somewhere between a mew and the reminiscent tinkling of a glass bell, and paused to stretch her aqueous limbs, the tired gesture an agreement to the suggestion. Kris smiled fondly at the tiny blue beast and slung her shoulderbag forward, unzipping the main pocket and fishing for the map that had been provided on the ferry. Unfolding it in a decidedly uncoordinated manner, Kris stretched her arms wide and held the map above her head, scanning first for their current location, and then for the nearest water source.

    "Looks like the Ignatius River is just a couple miles from here." She said, thoughtfully.







  2. #52

    Default

    Sorry for the wait, boys and girls, I was on spring break.


    -Hayward-: Yourself and Medeo land on Cortoza Isle, engaging in a fistful of shenanigans before finally deciding to find a job at Volcanity Inc's Research Lab. After deciding on following the coastline until you reach the site of the lab, you and Medeo set off, ready for your adventure to begin. The sand crunches under your feet, and you notice in the distance a fairly visible skyscraper with a giant V on top of it, interlaced with the form of a lowercase i. Turning towards this, you two take a good look at your surroundings. The Volcanity Inc Lab itself is a giant chrome skyscraper that glints in the sun, lined with giant solar panels and a rich garden off to one side. Around the lab is the beach and a small path paralleling a large paved road leading into the center of the island. The lab is quite formidable, and around the ground you notice scorch marks, as though someone or something has recently attempted to gain access, and failed.

    The door hisses open, a wave of cold air smashing into you as you walk into the lobby of the building. The white interior and high tech decoration match the image of the exterior, and you walk up to the receptionist feeling slightly intimidated. She smiles at your reaction and quickly points you in the direction of the job panel. The holoimages flash across as you enter in your specifications, and Volprocessing matches you with an entry level job, as a Security guard. However, should you choose to accept this, you are able to pick your shift.

    What will you do?

    arcanumghost: You marvel at the sight of the Diglett ecosystem, and quickly get to work with your orders. Your egg hatching into a Nincada catches your eye for a brief minute, but after welcoming Lyre to the world, you set off with your various tasks. Adam takes Lyre under his wing and the two move off to dig a small streamholething, Slapping Mud away and Attack the Sand to make an indent where water could flow easily. Upon summoning Brooks into the water, the Horsea fires an Aurora Beam into the water, redirecting the trickle towards Adam and Lyre's project. The water begins to dry up almost instantly, and the Diglett begin to cheer quickly before returning to work. Adam give Lyre a hi5 and Horsea swims around in a circle happily, glad to have helped.

    A Spike slams through the roof of the cave, embedding itself in the artificial dam before reaction time can set in for any of you. Looking up towards the surface you hear Farfetch'd cry out in pain and see a giant Discharge of electricity throw the bird's form down into the dome, wings singed from exposure to so much electricity. An Electivire appears, Sparking with electricity while a Forretress levitates behind him. A man in a white coat with dark glasses steps out from behind them and points at the dam, Spikes flying out of the Forretress as he does so.

    What will you do?

    atlantis_kid99: Your mind races as the three of you plummet down the canyon, perplexed by Growlithe's behavior and strength despite his puppyish appearance. Urging your Pokemon to take action to slow your fall, Azure's eyes begin to glow with a pale blue, and you notice yourself falling a bit slower. Mystic gestures toward the face of the rock wall and summons a Knot of Grass, and quickly wraps it around you like a tether. Golem glares while falling and summons a horizontal Rock Tomb out of the cliff face, landing on it with a shattering crack before pulling out another and standing on it in defiance. Catching sight of the blue aura your Pokemon are emitting, it Roars loudly and spits a massive Beam of Hyper powered energy at you. Kirlia gasps while helping Azure with the Psychic slow down, and motions to the cave opening. You see Growlithe Agilely racing towards you, see him jump... and then you're blinded by a white light.

    Your eyes begin working again, and the first thing you see is Mystic holding Growlithe close to himself, obviously shocked by what just happened. Growlithe's fur is rumpled and singed, and there is a large bloodspot on his ribs. Mystic telepathically urges you for help, conveying a series of images; Growlithe jumping in front of the Hyper Beam and summoning a Safeguard at the same time, part of the Hyper Beam piercing the orb of protection, and Azure's success in landing all of you in the cavern.

    A rumbling is heard as the Golem Rollouts up the wall, landing with a splintering thud in the mouth of the cave. Punching the wall, Golem grabs a couple Rocks and proceeds to Throw them at you, an evil look in his eyes...

    What will you do?

    fishyfool: Mulling over the possibilities for your relaxation options, you quickly rule out the Sauna and relaxation chamber on the grounds that Volcape would prove hazardous in the rooms and would not enjoy the sauna at all. Choosing the lounge, you call out your Geodudette, providing some much needed estrogen (do Pokemon get periods o0) on the team, in order to think of a good name for her. Crashing on an extremely comfy couch, you chuckle as Jamie settles next to you, while Volcape lays down on a fireproof couch and starts to nap. Geodudette walks over to you in order to help you with your naming process. In the distance, you can hear bits of a converstion between other loungers; "fetch.. price.. really? consider.. purchase.. no law.. cheap.. big profit.. easy to kill." From what you can tell, their voices aren't being affected by walls or anything, so there's no way you're mishearing them.

    What will you do?

    Psychopath: Confused by the trainer's tattoos, and beggining to think that you're fighting a death cult, you note that innocence is usually attacked by the crazy, and feel the anger rising to face. Thanking the girl for her Bonsly's help and promising it a berry, you quickly formulate a strategy to end this quickly, not quite sure of the intentions or craziness level of the crazy tourists. Valor smiles as his Aqua Ring refreshes him, and quickly Coats himself with a shimmering Mirrory substance while Mortimer smashes into Mothim, catching the bug off guard. Mothim attempts another Psychic, but is distracted while Valor Flails around, and smirks, ready to pick off an easy target. Mothim fires a Psychic wave at Valor, who grins and braces himself. Mortimer materializes behind Mothim at the same time Valor is hit, and Sneakily Attacks Mothim, drawing his attention away from the Mirror Coat. The wave of energy flies back at Mortimer and Mothim, hitting both of them hard, although it looks like Mothim took most of the damage, even more so due to having his back to it. Mothim groans in pain before getting a dose of Payback from Mortimer, the final round of damage pushing him over the edge. Mothim collapses to the ground, but Gloom is nowhere to be seen... Crap. Gloom lunges over to Mortimer and starts to Drain his energy at a Giga pace. Valor shudders in pain but continues standing, glaring angrily at Gloom...

    What will you do?

    Fangirl: Walking up the coastline of Cortoza Isle, sweat splattering over your head and face, you and your Vaporeon decide to got Ignatious River to cool off and get a nice cool drink from the stream. The two of you set off at a slow trot, and slowly come to the shaded river, and cool breeze blowing through the whispering trees. Up ahead is a small pond like thing, a quiet respite from the lazy sway of the river. Vaporeon purrs with anticipation, ready to feel the water on her fur, and you notice a small scene at the water's edge. It looks like a Magikarp and a Kricketot are having a practice match, the Magikarp Tackling the Kricketot who appears to be Biding its time. Magikarp and Kricketot appear to be laughing, however, and look to be good friends. Noticing you, the two nod in your direction happily and make a motion that looks like they want a Double practice match.

    What will you do?

    [Reposts]
    Ytnim: Bolstering your Pokemon's confidence with a small peptalk, you keep your attention tuned to the battle. Manectric growls and rushes Skarmory, tendrils of electricity Sparking through the birds wing while Skarmory is breathing heavily from its Hyper Beam. The bird cries out in pain before Manectric gets close using Quick attack. Blitz' Fangs glow with a bright Fire just before he chomps down on that same wing, and the Skarmory gives a last cry before fainting. Level up for Blitz. Skarmory's form doesn't stay on the ground though, and a red light engulfs the steel bird, summoning it above you and to the right a bit. Dr. Hserf's eyes flash to the location of the beam, and he dashes over to you while Tonic and Rapidash exchange Hydro Pumps and Fire Blasts. The doctor's eyes radiate concern, and he quickly informs you that you need to get going... NOW. Rapidash is knocked against the canyon wall while you're talking, and Tonic uses the opportunity to draw the fire away from you. Grabbing your arm, Dr. Hserf sprints across the canyon and ducks behind a rock. From this angle, it looks as though there is a robot standing just above the cliff where you were, clearly directing Rapidash and supposedly the Skarmory before it. Rapidash neighs in pain, clearly battered by Tonic's Mind Reader-Hydro Pump combination. The robot looks straight at you, and points. Your ears give out for a second, and you feel strange experiencing the world with no sound at all. Dr. Hserf pulls out a mirror from his pocket and aims carefully, and sound comes rushing back at you all at once. It seems he does in fact have some idea of what's going on...

    What will you do?

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amras.MG View Post
    Sorry for the wait, boys and girls, I was on spring break.


    Fangirl: Walking up the coastline of Cortoza Isle, sweat splattering over your head and face, you and your Vaporeon decide to got Ignatious River to cool off and get a nice cool drink from the stream. The two of you set off at a slow trot, and slowly come to the shaded river, and cool breeze blowing through the whispering trees. Up ahead is a small pond like thing, a quiet respite from the lazy sway of the river. Vaporeon purrs with anticipation, ready to feel the water on her fur, and you notice a small scene at the water's edge. It looks like a Magikarp and a Kricketot are having a practice match, the Magikarp Tackling the Kricketot who appears to be Biding its time. Magikarp and Kricketot appear to be laughing, however, and look to be good friends. Noticing you, the two nod in your direction happily and make a motion that looks like they want a Double practice match.

    What will you do?
    Sighing eagerly at the sight of the river and the nearby pond, Kris broke into a lazy jog, Levi at her heels, both excited to feel the chill of the water on their skin. As they approached the pond, however, as they neared tje waterside, both parties noticed a small conflict between two tiny orange pokemon; one aquatic, the other insectoid. Watching with intrigue a moment, it didn't take long for the trainer to realize that the disposition of the pair was far from hostile, and they were in fact, laughing!

    "What an odd pair." Kris murmured to Levi, who mewed in agreement, before taking a few slow steps towards the Magicarp and Kriketot in curiousity. Kris was more hesitant, unsure if the Pokemon were as friendly towards people as they were towards each other, and followed a couple steps behind Levi, unti the battling duo took notice of them, and paused the sparring. Flinching, bad memories of disturbing wild Pokemon in the past welled up in her subconscious, Kris froze, but Levi only newed again, the sound a sharp, tinkling "Vaaaa!". Both the Magikarp and Kriketot nidded pleasantly, the bug waving it's stumpy arms in a gesture for Levi and Kris to join them. Impressed by their tameness, Kris nodded, and closed the distance between them, a warm smile on her own features.

    "I guess you want us to play too?" She questioned, reaching to her belt and selecting a Pokeball from the six there. Tossing it in the air, she caught it, then tossed it again, the orb this time splitting open in mid air and spewing forth a flurry of red light, which quickly formed into the rolly-polly shape of Flare, Kris' Cyndaquil.

    "Hope it's okay if she plays too." Kris giggled, stepping back to give the foursome ample room. She paused to think over what course of action she should take with her Pokemon, not wanting to play too rough, since it was all just for fun and games. "Alright, guys, play nice now." He instructed her pair. "Start off simple, with a pair of Tackles, hm?"







  4. #54
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chi-town
    Posts
    662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amras.MG View Post
    Sorry for the wait, boys and girls, I was on spring break.


    -Hayward-: Yourself and Medeo land on Cortoza Isle, engaging in a fistful of shenanigans before finally deciding to find a job at Volcanity Inc's Research Lab. After deciding on following the coastline until you reach the site of the lab, you and Medeo set off, ready for your adventure to begin. The sand crunches under your feet, and you notice in the distance a fairly visible skyscraper with a giant V on top of it, interlaced with the form of a lowercase i. Turning towards this, you two take a good look at your surroundings. The Volcanity Inc Lab itself is a giant chrome skyscraper that glints in the sun, lined with giant solar panels and a rich garden off to one side. Around the lab is the beach and a small path paralleling a large paved road leading into the center of the island. The lab is quite formidable, and around the ground you notice scorch marks, as though someone or something has recently attempted to gain access, and failed.

    The door hisses open, a wave of cold air smashing into you as you walk into the lobby of the building. The white interior and high tech decoration match the image of the exterior, and you walk up to the receptionist feeling slightly intimidated. She smiles at your reaction and quickly points you in the direction of the job panel. The holoimages flash across as you enter in your specifications, and Volprocessing matches you with an entry level job, as a Security guard. However, should you choose to accept this, you are able to pick your shift.

    What will you do?



    On the Volcanic Island of Cortoza two figures strolled along the uninviting beach at a leisurely pace. Gritty, black sand crunched beneath the feet of the Trainer Ben Hale and the Meditite Medeo, as the pathetic, penniless pair continued to follow the coastline of the isle, searching for Volcanity Inc. Suddenly, the sharp-eyed Meditite pointed excitedly to a faroff, soaring building, shimmering in the sunlight, and the duo hurried closer to inspect it.

    As Ben approached the imposing, chrome structure at a trot, with the diminutive Meditite at his side, he marveled at the trademarked, colossal V interlaced with lowercase i, perched imperiously atop its solar-paneled roof. Volcanity Inc sat just off the beachfront; the lavish garden adjacent to the laboratory presenting an interesting contrast to the coarse, dark sand along the water’s edge. Nearby, Ben spied a small pathway running parallel to one of the many paved arteries that he assumed lead towards the heart of Cortoza. Curiosity rose in the teenage trainer as he glimpsed the telltale signs of scorch marks staining the earth in sporadic locations. Evidence of failed attempts at a forced entry he presumed.

    With a hiss, the sliding glass doors opened, and the hot and weary twosome were instantly greeted with a rush of refreshing, artificially cooled air. As they proceeded into the lobby, Ben and Medeo gaped in wonder at all of the impressive technological advancements adorning the building’s interior. “Would you look at this place, mate? I’ve never seen anything like it.” Ben whispered, slightly intimidated. The new-fangled gadgetry was simply too much for the little Meditite however. Completely bewildered, all he could do was nod his tiny, onion-shaped head in agreement. For another moment, the two friends continued to circle the foyer of Volcanity Inc. Eyes wide, they had no desire to miss even one of the high tech devices on display.

    “Hey look! There’s the reception desk mate,” Ben suddenly exclaimed, inclining his head to indicate the direction. They hurried over to the counter. In a voice filled with awe, Ben hesitantly spoke. “I’m Ben Hale, and this is Medeo.” He nodded at the belt-high Meditite beside him. The Yoga Pokemon bowed respectfully at the receptionist, who smiled kindly in return.

    “We’re out of money and looking for work. Is there any chance you might be hiring?” Ben asked tentatively. With a smile, the receptionist pointed Ben in the direction of the job panel. The faces of Ben and Medeo reflected a soft blue glow as they intently studied the holoimages, and Ben entered their qualifications into the database. After a moment, the screen flashed that it had found a match; recommending the two friends for the entry-level position of security guards. Ben read the description of the position to Medeo and the little Meditite eagerly nodded his approval.

    For the second time in only a few minutes, the pair hurried over to the reception counter. With great enthusiasm Ben explained to the receptionist that wanted to accept the positon of security guard that Volprocessing had suggested, and added, “It also said we get to pick the shift.” Pausing momentarily, the black-clad trainer dragged a hand through his short brown hair and considered their options. After a moment of deliberation he grinned. “We’ll take the night shift,” he said, figuring it would probably be the easiest, as very few workers would be around to see if either he or his small Meditite partner felt the sudden urge to sneak a quick nap. Before the receptionist could even respond, Ben quickly added, “I have only one question… When do we get paid?!”



    __________________
    fb

  5. #55

    Default

    Fangirl: Your fears as to the possible unpleasantness of the two Pokemon are soon eased as you notice them playfully splashing each other, and gesturing to you to come battle with them. Vaporeon smiles contently and jumps in front of you, near the water's edge, ready for orders. You pull out a Pokeball as well, and the flash of light reveals a baby Cyndaquil, the love child of two Typhlosions. The little chinchilla thingy smiles at you and rolls over to Vaporeon, smiling at her and ready to start. Ordering a double Tackle to start off slowly, you watch intently as your Pokemon get into attack positions. Magikarp and Kricketot grin and start to move into action, Kricketot glowing with a red aura as it starts to Bide its time. Cyndaquil rushes the bug with a cry of "Cynda!" and hits it with a spot on Tackle, although Kricketot holds its ground easily. Meanwhile, Vaporeon rushes Magikarp, who quickly retreats into the water, drawing Vaporeon with it. Chasing the Magikarp, Vaporeon springs out of the water to Tackle the fish... and ends up hitting Kricketot instead! It seems like Magikarp knows a Bide when he sees one and is using it to her advantage...

    What will you do?

    -Hayward-: Your excitement is palpable inside the lobby, filling the room with a vibrant energy that the other employees feel and appreciate; a break from the routine of their days. The lobbiest smiles again, pleased to see such eager Bidoofs on the job, and enters your information into a sidetop computer. A small badge begins to process, and the lady asks for a retinal scan before handing you your shiny new badge, labeled "Ben Hale: Night Security". She also pulls out a small chip, attatches a short length of twine around it, and instructs you to wear it around you neck at all times, and if you are in a fatal situation or the outer perimeter is about to be breached, you are to break it in half. Handing you a small holopad with information displayed across it, she tells you that the datapad will show you your assignment for the night, your scheduled shift, and the status of the other outer security posts.

    "Well Ben, it looks like you have a couple hours before your shift starts. Night security guards are paid in the morning after their shift is over, so after you're done for the night, just come back here and we'll get you your pay. If you'd like, you can head to the Practice Room for some training, or the Lounge to meet your fellow guards before your shift. The Practice Room is the second door on the right down this hallway here, and the Lounge is directly across from it."

    What will you do?

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    NONYA BIZNEZ
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amras.MG View Post
    Sorry for the wait, boys and girls, I was on spring break.

    Psychopath: Confused by the trainer's tattoos, and beggining to think that you're fighting a death cult, you note that innocence is usually attacked by the crazy, and feel the anger rising to face. Thanking the girl for her Bonsly's help and promising it a berry, you quickly formulate a strategy to end this quickly, not quite sure of the intentions or craziness level of the crazy tourists. Valor smiles as his Aqua Ring refreshes him, and quickly Coats himself with a shimmering Mirrory substance while Mortimer smashes into Mothim, catching the bug off guard. Mothim attempts another Psychic, but is distracted while Valor Flails around, and smirks, ready to pick off an easy target. Mothim fires a Psychic wave at Valor, who grins and braces himself. Mortimer materializes behind Mothim at the same time Valor is hit, and Sneakily Attacks Mothim, drawing his attention away from the Mirror Coat. The wave of energy flies back at Mortimer and Mothim, hitting both of them hard, although it looks like Mothim took most of the damage, even more so due to having his back to it. Mothim groans in pain before getting a dose of Payback from Mortimer, the final round of damage pushing him over the edge. Mothim collapses to the ground, but Gloom is nowhere to be seen... Crap. Gloom lunges over to Mortimer and starts to Drain his energy at a Giga pace. Valor shudders in pain but continues standing, glaring angrily at Gloom...

    What will you do?

    Tyson was surprised at the attack from the Gloom, luckily he had the help of Valor to settle the score. "Hey dude, aim for the Gloom and hit it with a Pulse of water, that should get it off. Mortimer, use screech to send goosebumps down its spine, that should get it to let go of you." Mortimer nodded and spoke telepathically {I'll try, but I am getting, tired}. "Just do what you can do, letting a pokemon kill you is not on my list."

    "Valor, and Mortimer, when you are done circle around Gloom so that you are on opposite sides of it, a double barrage of attacks will be pretty damn hard to evade." Valor nodded and Mortimer looked as he was pinned down but he herad the messsage, "Valor, Tail Whip and Blizzard it. Mortimer, sucker punch it if it gets close and use Icy wind on it." His plan was simple, but it was all that he could do to end the match.


  7. #57
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chi-town
    Posts
    662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amras.MG View Post
    -Hayward-: Your excitement is palpable inside the lobby, filling the room with a vibrant energy that the other employees feel and appreciate; a break from the routine of their days. The lobbiest smiles again, pleased to see such eager Bidoofs on the job, and enters your information into a sidetop computer. A small badge begins to process, and the lady asks for a retinal scan before handing you your shiny new badge, labeled "Ben Hale: Night Security." She also pulls out a small chip, attatches a short length of twine around it, and instructs you to wear it around you neck at all times, and if you are in a fatal situation or the outer perimeter is about to be breached, you are to break it in half. Handing you a small holopad with information displayed across it, she tells you that the datapad will show you your assignment for the night, your scheduled shift, and the status of the other outer security posts.

    "Well Ben, it looks like you have a couple hours before your shift starts. Night security guards are paid in the morning after their shift is over, so after you're done for the night, just come back here and we'll get you your pay. If you'd like, you can head to the Practice Room for some training, or the Lounge to meet your fellow guards before your shift. The Practice Room is the second door on the right down this hallway here, and the Lounge is directly across from it."

    What will you do?


    In the lobby of Volcanity Inc, on the Island of Cortoza, a sidetop computer hummed noisily, processing the information of the trainer Benjamin Hale. After a moment, the receptionist smiled. Reaching over the desk, she placed a newly-made badge into the hand of the teenager. Ben’s grey-green eyes fell on the miniature object, and he silently mouthed the words, “Ben Hale: Night Security.” The receptionist then handed over a small chip on a cord, and Ben listened intently to her instructions, wondering just exactly the lady meant by the term “fatal situation” or if it was even possible to breach the outer perimeter of this technologically advanced research center. Figuring it was probably just standard safety procedure, he decided not to concern himself with it for the moment, and gratefully accepted the informational holopad she passed over to him next. Having received all the items necessary to his post, Ben immediately turned to the diminutive Meditite at his side, and held out the security gear for him to see. “Look, mate! We got a job!” he exclaimed excitedly. Medeo grinned cheerfully up at the boy. While the receptionist looked on, Ben and Medeo let out a joyful cheer and danced around the lobby.

    "Well Ben, it looks like you have a couple hours before your shift starts. Night security guards are paid in the morning after their shift is over, so after you're done for the night, just come back here and we'll get you your pay. If you'd like, you can head to the Practice Room for some training, or the Lounge to meet your fellow guards before your shift. The Practice Room is the second door on the right down this hallway here, and the Lounge is directly across from it," the receptionist explained to the happy pair. Ben thanked the woman for her help and headed off down the hallway. As they walked, the black-clad trainer considered their options. After a moment, he turned to Medeo and remarked, “Let’s head to the Lounge, mate. Since we’ve got a while until we’re scheduled to begin, we can meet the other Security Guards and find out if they have any pointers or advice for us.” The small Meditite nodded his approval, and Ben continued, “Who knows, maybe we’ll even have time for a quick nap before our shift starts…”


    __________________
    fb
    Last edited by -Hayward-; 20th March 2009 at 1:43 AM.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amras.MG View Post
    Fangirl: Your fears as to the possible unpleasantness of the two Pokemon are soon eased as you notice them playfully splashing each other, and gesturing to you to come battle with them. Vaporeon smiles contently and jumps in front of you, near the water's edge, ready for orders. You pull out a Pokeball as well, and the flash of light reveals a baby Cyndaquil, the love child of two Typhlosions. The little chinchilla thingy smiles at you and rolls over to Vaporeon, smiling at her and ready to start. Ordering a double Tackle to start off slowly, you watch intently as your Pokemon get into attack positions. Magikarp and Kricketot grin and start to move into action, Kricketot glowing with a red aura as it starts to Bide its time. Cyndaquil rushes the bug with a cry of "Cynda!" and hits it with a spot on Tackle, although Kricketot holds its ground easily. Meanwhile, Vaporeon rushes Magikarp, who quickly retreats into the water, drawing Vaporeon with it. Chasing the Magikarp, Vaporeon springs out of the water to Tackle the fish... and ends up hitting Kricketot instead! It seems like Magikarp knows a Bide when he sees one and is using it to her advantage...

    What will you do?
    Cursing silently, Kris took a step back to reconsider her actions. Though she was trying not to, it was hard for the trainer to avoid getting competitive. And though it was all fun and games, she still loathed the prospect of a Bide. She'd seen enough in her travels to know that her Pokemon were in trouble if the patient little bug got it off.

    In the water, Levi was bristling, her own competitive nature coming having been coaxed out by the opposing pair's audacity to redirect her move. Arching, her head fin stiff and her tail swishing soft but intensely, she glared, growling, at her opponents, and bolted forward without instruction towards Kricketot, Ice Beam charging. Startled by the sudden initiative, Kris glanced at Flare, who was sitting uselessly on the shore, confused by the apparently lack of response she was getting from her attack.

    "Flare!" She snapped, pulling the Cyndaquil out of the uncertain daze that extreme youth allowed her. "Give her a hand! Howl like your mama does, and then fire off a good, thick Smokescreen at Kricketot!"
    Last edited by Fangirl; 19th March 2009 at 4:45 AM.







  9. #59
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Pele's Shrine: Half-way up the mountainside is another monument built in Pele's honour, this sacred shrine's centrepiece none other than a sacrificial altar surrounded by flaming torches. Chanting can be heard at night, drifting across the island, but it's the blood-curdling screams that can be heard emanating from here under the light of a full moon that keep tourists and trainers away when the sun begins to set.
    I'm hoping I haven't miscalculated, and that I am indeed the third person to post since your announcement, Amras.MG. Please excuse me if I have, let me know and I'll delete this asap.

    The shape of a woman. How he’d longed to witness such dazzling spectacles, the grandeur of legendary wonders that satisfy mere glances with titillation and enticement. The danger of volcanic activity sizzled his blood, jolted his enthusiasm and strengthened the beating of his heart. The heat wasn’t half uncomfortable though.

    As he continued his observation of the sheer magnificence of Mount Pele, Oscar barely considered the heat that assaulted his overly-clad body. Before having taken his first step, he became spontaneously aware of his sweat-sodden torso, and stripped his long overcoat and waistcoat down to his customary frilled shirt. The baggage, he concluded, was unnecessary, and with a swift glance to his surroundings, he placed the bundle of unneeded layers upon the ground beside him, and sidled away. Surely the Goddess wouldn’t reject a few clothes as a stray, informal offering? Nevertheless, the matter was irrelevant as his intention to abandon his hefty coat was cemented, in spite of all the guilt that could possibly rain down upon his mortal soul. Although…the prospect of penance was a daunting, formidable and slightly disheartening one. On retrospect, it was a dangerous one. Just how would the Goddess of violence react to litter?

    A hammer struck his mind’s gong, and Oscar was enthused. This mountain housed the most ominous and terrifying of locations he’d heard of - and the prospect of its exploration was exhilarating. He bounded forwards, intent on scaling Mount Pele until Pele’s Shrine was reached.

  10. #60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tale View Post
    I'm hoping I haven't miscalculated, and that I am indeed the third person to post since your announcement, Amras.MG. Please excuse me if I have, let me know and I'll delete this asap.

    You're fine Tale, I had miscalculated and counted Ushi as the third, when she was second. Welcome to Cortoza.

    CAPPED

  11. #61

    Default

    psychopath: Surprised by the sudden reappearance of the Gloom into the battle, you quickly shake it off and decide to end this battle now. Valor fires a rapid Water Pulse at Gloom, who shakes off the attack, having already regained a good amount of health from the Giga Drain. However, distracted by the water slamming into it, Gloom does not expect the loud Screech from Mortimor, which makes its attention waver enough that the Giga Drain link is broken, giving your two pals the chance to circle Gloom, panting but clearly ready to end this. Mortimer and Valor move in at once, Valor distracting Gloom with a Whip of his Tail while Mortimer hits it from behind with a Sucker Punch. Getting desparate, Gloom starts to draw Energy around it, ready to fire the Ball at Valor, but never gets the chance as he is slammed on both sides by a vicious wintery mix of Icy Wind and Blizzard. Gloom stiffens, and collapses, clearly unable to battle. Level up for Valor and Mortimer.

    The two tourists glare angrily at you and recall their Pokemon, and reluctantly move to the side to let you pass, shooting daggers at you with their eyes. The girl and her Bonsly cling closely to you, obviously scared by the two men, but quickly whispers in your ear "they're following us."

    What will you do?

    -Hayward-:
    Thanking the woman for her help and directions, you and Medeo consider your options and choose to go to the Lounge, hoping to meet the other Guards and maybe even catch a few zees. A large metal door silently slides to reveal a small cozy nook packed with comfy chairs and various appliances, a warm light giving you a sense of ease as you enter the room. Sitting on chairs around an old fashioned chessboard are two guards, clearly relaxing until their shift. Sitting on a chair next to them, they glance over and say hi, introducing themselves as Bill and Ted. Patting you on the shoulder, they start to talk your ear off, although it does seem they're pretty knowledgeable.

    "Mmmmmkay Ben, here's the deal. As a Security Guard, your job is to patrol the outside perimeter of VI. Now, usually it's an easy job, but lately there's been a few skirmishes with wild Pokemon... really strong wild Pokemon. Something's driving Pokemon from the surrounding volcanoes down here, and we don't know what it is, although VI has started paying us more and doubling up shifts. I don't really care what's causing it as long as I get more dough, though... got any questions for me, son?"

    Fangirl: You withdraw mentally and decide to rethink your strategy quickly, fighting the urge to get extremely competitive against the Bider. Having had previous bad experiences with that particular move, you notice that Levi's competitive streak was being exposed as well, the water type's eyes narrowing with anger as she launches an Ice Beam at Kricketot, though the opposing Magikarp, Splashes water in the direction of Vaporeon, intercepting the Ice Beam and redirecting it into creating a wall of ice. Magikarp dives into the water and jumps over the ice wall, attempting to Tackle Vaporeon, although Levi is able to dodge it and circles around, pumped up for the battle. Meanwhile, you stare at Flare, sitting on the shore confused at the Bide, having never seen one before. Ordering Flare to help Levi out, the little Cyndaquil Howls loudly, raising her confidence and releases a billowing smoke at the Kricketot, who merely blinks, still glowing red with the Bide. Magikarp suddenly leaps out of the water again and rams itself into Flare really hard, Tackling it for some good damage before Flailing back into the water.

    What will you do?

    Tale: Pondering the tribal goddess of Mount Pele as you scale the mountain, you leave your heavy clothes and start to scale the mountain without the unnecessary weight burdening you. The heat beats down on you, and you find yourself having to stop every few seconds to wipe massive amounts of sweat from your forehead. The rockholds are hot and burn your fingers as you grip them, and you soon find yourself gasping in pain as you attempt to climb. Coming upon a slight cave in the wall, you take pleasure in the small shade it offers, cooling your completely soaked clothes and giving you a nice respite. Taking a second to look out of the cave entrance, you notice that there aren't that many Pokemon around, and the cave you're in is empty, which is very odd... usually this area is teeming with life. Attempting to start again, you slightly burn your hand grabbing the rock to climb... It looks like you can't scale the mountain during the day, at least by yourself.

    However, there are strange markings around the cave; a progressively filling circle.

    What will you do?

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amras.MG
    Tale: Pondering the tribal goddess of Mount Pele as you scale the mountain, you leave your heavy clothes and start to scale the mountain without the unnecessary weight burdening you. The heat beats down on you, and you find yourself having to stop every few seconds to wipe massive amounts of sweat from your forehead. The rockholds are hot and burn your fingers as you grip them, and you soon find yourself gasping in pain as you attempt to climb. Coming upon a slight cave in the wall, you take pleasure in the small shade it offers, cooling your completely soaked clothes and giving you a nice respite. Taking a second to look out of the cave entrance, you notice that there aren't that many Pokemon around, and the cave you're in is empty, which is very odd... usually this area is teeming with life. Attempting to start again, you slightly burn your hand grabbing the rock to climb... It looks like you can't scale the mountain during the day, at least by yourself.

    However, there are strange markings around the cave; a progressively filling circle.

    What will you do?
    As is typical of any journey upon which Oscar impetuously embarks, the first few steps were enhanced with zealous determination and anticipation. Upon reaching the Mountain’s base, he leapt with habitual enthusiasm across its scorching acclivity without a moments hesitation for the deliberation over the method in which he would eventually approach his hike. His wide-rimmed hat proved cumbersome within but a few minutes of his ascension, yet he staunchly refused himself the desire to remove it, treasuring the embellishment of his unkempt skull above all the material items he currently possessed.

    Inevitably, his impetuosity proffered little success. After what seemed to be hours of relentless climbing, he found that naught but his irrevocable determination urged him forwards. His hands were scolded by the blistering rocks, his unnecessarily frilly shirt sodden with the surprising volume of sweat that poured from every nook and every cranny of his aching torso. Peering up the mountainside, he released an agonised groan.

    “Oh this is insufferable. I’ll curse this mountain for each millennia it survives if its worth fails to equalize its trials! Pele? The most unforgiving god I ever heard of!” He struck the mountainside - succeeding only in acquiring a bruise to complement his blisters. At that moment, a dip in the rock-face caught his desperate gaze. Overcome with glee, he scrambled awkwardly further up the mountainside, wincing his way through the pain of each step. As he reached the cave, he cackled, rolling into the shade and splaying himself across the cooler surface, revelling in the significant drop in temperature offered by the shade. For a blissful eternity, he rested his aching eyes and gradually recovered his enthusiasm and energy, in preparation for a second bout with Mount Pele. With his sweat-drenched shirt steadily dehydrating in the cooler air, his enthusiasm returned at a similar pace.

    Oscar propped himself up after a long while of respite, and faced the cave’s mouth with eyes burning once more. As eager as before, he bounded forwards, grasping his first rock of his second attempt at reaching the infamous Shrine of Pele. However, he screamed in pain as his long-established burns protested vehemently against a second endeavour. Apparently, the concept of climbing Mount Pele during the unbearable heat of day was impossibly foolish. Swiftly, however, Oscar came to a conclusion: to wait until nightfall, when the Shrine would prove, he believed, far more interesting. Turning back into the not-so-unwelcoming sanctity of his newly-established base, an image of which he was previously unaware managed to catch his eye. Lining the cave’s interior, engravings of a circle that seemed to progressively fill sparked his insatiable curiosity, and without a moment’s pause, he strode towards the engravings, marvelling at the mysticism with which it seemed to bestow the entire cave.

    “Remarkable!” He exclaimed, appreciating the new-found worth of his trialling journey to witness this perplexing sight. He wondered if the circle was the interpretation, or record, of the moon’s transition to fullness. In which case, he may have discovered an integral feature of the mystery surrounding the events within the shrine around the time of the full moon. He commenced his habitual massage of his goatee as he pored over such thoughts, attempting to interpret some kind of use for these engravings. Concluding that the main point of interest would undoubtedly have been the engraving signifying the full moon, he attempted to locate the fullest of the circles. After having found it, he began a series of trial-and-error methods to ascertain its function - pushing the circle, running his hands around its perimeter and gazing out from its perspective. Perhaps it detailed where the moon was at its optimum position in the sky? Maybe its utilisation depended on the full moon’s presence? If this was the case, he was oblivious as to whether this evening was scheduled to present a full moon whatsoever.

    Having already convinced himself, without the slightest scrap of evidence, that the engravings were indubitably representative of the moon, Oscar intended to utilise the remainder of him time until a discovery hit him or until nightfall, scrutinising every inch of the cave and fingering each engraving like a curious toddler. He was certain that frustration would eventually drive him from the cave come evening in any case. As he continued his amateurish investigation, his indistinguishable mumbles filled the cave.
    Last edited by Tale; 20th March 2009 at 9:06 PM.

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    NONYA BIZNEZ
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amras.MG View Post
    psychopath: Surprised by the sudden reappearance of the Gloom into the battle, you quickly shake it off and decide to end this battle now. Valor fires a rapid Water Pulse at Gloom, who shakes off the attack, having already regained a good amount of health from the Giga Drain. However, distracted by the water slamming into it, Gloom does not expect the loud Screech from Mortimor, which makes its attention waver enough that the Giga Drain link is broken, giving your two pals the chance to circle Gloom, panting but clearly ready to end this. Mortimer and Valor move in at once, Valor distracting Gloom with a Whip of his Tail while Mortimer hits it from behind with a Sucker Punch. Getting desparate, Gloom starts to draw Energy around it, ready to fire the Ball at Valor, but never gets the chance as he is slammed on both sides by a vicious wintery mix of Icy Wind and Blizzard. Gloom stiffens, and collapses, clearly unable to battle. Level up for Valor and Mortimer.

    The two tourists glare angrily at you and recall their Pokemon, and reluctantly move to the side to let you pass, shooting daggers at you with their eyes. The girl and her Bonsly cling closely to you, obviously scared by the two men, but quickly whispers in your ear "they're following us."

    What will you do?
    He cheered as his pokemon won the battle, It was both of their first battles, so he was especially glad about this particular match. "Congratulations guys!" was all he said be fore they set off again, now pokemonless the tourists couldn't do much damage, and even if they could, he would stop them."Great job guys, take a good long rest." recalling his pokemon they set off to the girl's grandpa, ready to get this journey beggining. He felt glaring on his back as he walked from the two tourists and was shocked when the girl whispered:

    "They're following us."

    That's when he snapped. He whipered to the girl, "When I say 'Go' please could you run to your Grandpa, and tell him to get his Steelix here now?" He pulled a ball from his belt and made it grow, "Freeze, come on out." He tossed the ball into the air. As he looked materialized a blue and white Weavile, the only one in the world. "Freeze, this girl needs to go down the mountain, escort her until you see an old man with a Steelix, she will explain everything and you will come back, understand?" He nodded and looked at the girl, he could probably carry her, and he was pretty fast. He could get there faster if he carried her.

    Tyson turned to the tourists, "what do you want?"
    Last edited by Psychopath; 20th March 2009 at 10:25 PM.


  14. #64
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chi-town
    Posts
    662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amras.MG View Post

    -Hayward-: Thanking the woman for her help and directions, you and Medeo consider your options and choose to go to the Lounge, hoping to meet the other Guards and maybe even catch a few zees. A large metal door silently slides to reveal a small cozy nook packed with comfy chairs and various appliances, a warm light giving you a sense of ease as you enter the room. Sitting on chairs around an old fashioned chessboard are two guards, clearly relaxing until their shift. Sitting on a chair next to them, they glance over and say hi, introducing themselves as Bill and Ted. Patting you on the shoulder, they start to talk your ear off, although it does seem they're pretty knowledgeable.

    "Mmmmmkay Ben, here's the deal. As a Security Guard, your job is to patrol the outside perimeter of VI. Now, usually it's an easy job, but lately there's been a few skirmishes with wild Pokemon... really strong wild Pokemon. Something's driving Pokemon from the surrounding volcanoes down here, and we don't know what it is, although VI has started paying us more and doubling up shifts. I don't really care what's causing it as long as I get more dough, though... got any questions for me, son?"

    In the employee lounge of Volcanity Inc, on the Isle Cortoza, the Trainer Benjamin Hale introduced himself and Medeo, the belt-high Meditite at his side, to the two Security Guards seated around a chessboard. The contrast between the cozy breakroom and the sterile, technologically-advanced building that surrounded it was immediately apparent. As the large metal door noiselessly slid closed behind him and Medeo, the pair were bathed in the faint glow of the tranquil lounge, Ben felt the calming atmosphere embrace him, beckoning him to join in the relaxation. Surveying their surroundings with his grey-green eyes, Ben noticed a variety of appliances and comfy furniture decorating the room. Spying a particularly comfortable-looking chair near the chessboard, Ben crossed the room and seated himself beside the lounging workers. Medeo followed his trainer’s lead and plopped down on an inviting recliner nearby.

    The Security Guards returned Ben’s greeting, calling themselves Bill and Ted; as teenager and Meditite sat. In a gesture of welcome, the friendly pair patted Ben on the back and began sharing treasures from their vast storehouse of wisdom. One of the garrulous gentlemen concluded, “Mmmmmkay Ben, here's the deal. As a Security Guard, your job is to patrol the outside perimeter of VI. Now, usually it's an easy job, but lately there's been a few skirmishes with wild Pokemon... really strong wild Pokemon. Something's driving Pokemon from the surrounding volcanoes down here, and we don't know what it is, although VI has started paying us more and doubling up shifts. I don't really care what's causing it as long as I get more dough, though... got any questions for me, son?"

    “So does that mean Medeo and I will be paired with someone else?” Ben replied as he stood. He and the little Meditite had faced experienced opponents before, but had only survived by teaming up with a fellow trainer fate had sent their way. Dragging a hand through his short, brown hair as he paced in circles around the room, he wondered what could be causing the wild Pokemon to attack the Research Lab. Were the volcano dwellers being provoked by someone, or was it just a natural occurrence.? Maybe he and Medeo would get the chance to investigate at some point. No doubt, things would become much clearer later. For now, he decided to grab some shut-eye before while he had the chance.

    Ben noticed an inviting sofa and lay down on it, kicking off his white adidas running shoes in the process. Removing his watch, he set the alarm to go off a few minutes before the start of their shift, and placed it on a nearby table. Stretched out on the comfy couch, he glanced at Medeo and grinned. “You may want to get some sleep, too, mate. I’ve got a bad feeling this is going to be a long night…”


    __________________
    fb
    Last edited by -Hayward-; 23rd March 2009 at 1:03 PM.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Farming infractions for noobs.
    Posts
    2,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amras.MG View Post
    Sorry for the wait, boys and girls, I was on spring break.



    fishyfool: Mulling over the possibilities for your relaxation options, you quickly rule out the Sauna and relaxation chamber on the grounds that Volcape would prove hazardous in the rooms and would not enjoy the sauna at all. Choosing the lounge, you call out your Geodudette, providing some much needed estrogen (do Pokemon get periods o0) on the team, in order to think of a good name for her. Crashing on an extremely comfy couch, you chuckle as Jamie settles next to you, while Volcape lays down on a fireproof couch and starts to nap. Geodudette walks over to you in order to help you with your naming process. In the distance, you can hear bits of a converstion between other loungers; "fetch.. price.. really? consider.. purchase.. no law.. cheap.. big profit.. easy to kill." From what you can tell, their voices aren't being affected by walls or anything, so there's no way you're mishearing them.

    What will you do?

    As the trio entered the lounge, and as Volcape chose the comfiest fireproof couch to snooze in, a tricky task that involved sitting his arse on them all until he found one he liked, Jamie plopped onto an equally comforting seat as Wraith settled beside him and his Geodudette hopped at his feet. As the silence suddenly descended upon him, he heard snippets of conversation, picking out several words, seemingly a business venture, albeit one not completely savoury with the terms 'No law' and 'easy to kill' being mentioned, and at this, he started to worry a little, which irritated him. As the small rock pokemon sat there, looking rather guilty about nothing, a small spark of inspiration struck him as he had a small thought.

    "Penance. It's a term used when one pays for a sin. Those people over there seem to be chatting about something suspicious, and I wish to know the exact details. Try and be very quiet, I'd like to hear what they're saying. If what I think I heard is true, those guys aren't planning something nice..."


    I reject your Nyancats and replace it with my own.
    FB

  16. #66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amras.MG View Post

    arcanumghost: You marvel at the sight of the Diglett ecosystem, and quickly get to work with your orders. Your egg hatching into a Nincada catches your eye for a brief minute, but after welcoming Lyre to the world, you set off with your various tasks. Adam takes Lyre under his wing and the two move off to dig a small streamholething, Slapping Mud away and Attack the Sand to make an indent where water could flow easily. Upon summoning Brooks into the water, the Horsea fires an Aurora Beam into the water, redirecting the trickle towards Adam and Lyre's project. The water begins to dry up almost instantly, and the Diglett begin to cheer quickly before returning to work. Adam give Lyre a hi5 and Horsea swims around in a circle happily, glad to have helped.

    A Spike slams through the roof of the cave, embedding itself in the artificial dam before reaction time can set in for any of you. Looking up towards the surface you hear Farfetch'd cry out in pain and see a giant Discharge of electricity throw the bird's form down into the dome, wings singed from exposure to so much electricity. An Electivire appears, Sparking with electricity while a Forretress levitates behind him. A man in a white coat with dark glasses steps out from behind them and points at the dam, Spikes flying out of the Forretress as he does so.

    What will you do?
    Adam and Lyre quickly began digging a tunnel away from the river, successfully allowing some water to travel away from the Diglett home, and Brooks successfully altered the course of the water with a dam just before the Diglett's work. There are a few moments of celebration both from the three pokémon, as well as from the Diglett who noticed what had happened.

    Suddenly the ground shook, and a loud noise turned every head in the cave. A Spike had flown through the ceiling in to the dam Brooks had just created. The Farfetch'd soon followed the Spike, as a violent Discharge of electricity singed its feathers and caused it to be thrown back in to the entrance of the cave. Arcanum instantly began getting defensive as soon as it registered in his mind this wasn't a freak accident but some kind of attack. He reached for a new Pokéball for Lyre and threw it at the newborn so it would be protected during the battle he was sure was coming up. Adam and Brooks traveled quickly to Arcanum's sides as the perpetrators showed themselves at the entrance. An Electivire appeared first, sparkling with intense levels of electricity surging through its body, and a Forretress followed him without touching the ground. A mysterious man who looked somewhat like a scientist appeared from behind him, sporting some dark sunglasses that shielded Arcanum from getting a good look at him. Arcanum was worried now, these weren't pokémon that would be easy to take on. Even in his young ability, he immediately realized another of his pokémon would need to be pocketed in order to make it through this battle: his Horsea was weak to electricity and wouldn't make it far in this battle. His hand reached for Lucy's, or Sableye's pokéball as Brooks completed his journey back to his pokéball. By the time Sableye had finished materializing, Another barrage of Spikes were traveling from Forretress towards the dam.

    Arcanum gave Adam some preliminary orders, "Adam, get up there quickly and use Quick Attack on the Electivire, followed by a pair of Sand Attacks, one for each of these intruders. As for you," Arcanum said looking at Lucy the Sableye and ripping his bag open, "I want you to drink this quickly." His hand produced a Cranberry Vodka, which his Sableye trustingly drank, burping up smoke afterwards.

    ** Lucy learned Firestream! **

    "Now, use Firestream on the Forretress, followed by Night Shade and Scratch!" Arcanum said to the Sableye. There was nothing he could do now about the dam, but the home would be ruined anyway if the young trainer couldn't push the enemy away from the Diglett's home on the ashy plains. He watched in anticipation as his two strongest pokémon faced the scary two opponents.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amras.MG View Post
    atlantis_kid99: Your mind races as the three of you plummet down the canyon, perplexed by Growlithe's behavior and strength despite his puppyish appearance. Urging your Pokemon to take action to slow your fall, Azure's eyes begin to glow with a pale blue, and you notice yourself falling a bit slower. Mystic gestures toward the face of the rock wall and summons a Knot of Grass, and quickly wraps it around you like a tether. Golem glares while falling and summons a horizontal Rock Tomb out of the cliff face, landing on it with a shattering crack before pulling out another and standing on it in defiance. Catching sight of the blue aura your Pokemon are emitting, it Roars loudly and spits a massive Beam of Hyper powered energy at you. Kirlia gasps while helping Azure with the Psychic slow down, and motions to the cave opening. You see Growlithe Agilely racing towards you, see him jump... and then you're blinded by a white light.

    Your eyes begin working again, and the first thing you see is Mystic holding Growlithe close to himself, obviously shocked by what just happened. Growlithe's fur is rumpled and singed, and there is a large bloodspot on his ribs. Mystic telepathically urges you for help, conveying a series of images; Growlithe jumping in front of the Hyper Beam and summoning a Safeguard at the same time, part of the Hyper Beam piercing the orb of protection, and Azure's success in landing all of you in the cavern.

    A rumbling is heard as the Golem Rollouts up the wall, landing with a splintering thud in the mouth of the cave. Punching the wall, Golem grabs a couple Rocks and proceeds to Throw them at you, an evil look in his eyes...

    What will you do?
    A second solid Grass Knot burst out of a nearby cliff-face, wrapping around the three like a safety net. The recently common telekinetic glow of Azure's eyes was present yet again. With worry Nikki noticed that Mystic would probably be very tired by now, given the level of high energy-consumption moves he had been throwing around. Golem gave Nikki and her Pokemon a cold glare as the never-ending freefall slowed somewhat, suddenly a second object bursting out of the cliff-face- this time a sturdy Rock Tomb, as it purposely landed its six-hundred pound and over monstrous body on it, causing much backlash and wrenching much of the tomb and possibly the cliff around it clean out. Apparently it didn't seem to notice as a second came bursting out a moment later, making the Rock-Ground dual typed Pokemon come to a standstill once and for all.

    With the earth-shattering Roar that Nikki knew very well and not just from this encounter a fiercely white Beam of Hyper intensity began forming in Golem's mouth... The last thing Nikki saw before being completely and utterly blinded by white was Growlithe racing towards them with a burst of Agility, leaping with startling speed.

    ---

    ...she wasn't dead? That was surprising. Of course she wasn't dead. There was no pain. But the fact remained that the girl couldn't see a thing.

    As she waited for her vision (and head) to clear, it momentarily grew hazy then her eyes fully adjusted. So. They were in the cavern; but where was Golem? The first thing she saw after that thought was a deeply shocked but otherwise unharmed Mystic, clutching a badly injured and singed canine to him gently but closely. Of concern was a large bloodspot on his ribs.

    "What happened..?" Nikki whispered, shaking her head to clear her thoughts. This was all too similar to before, at least she knew how to fight Golem this time. Her Kirlia looked at her pleadingly, and suddenly her mind flashed with a series of images- Growlithe's suicidal protective jump, his Safeguard, a portion of the Hyper Beam ripping through the bright white veil, and also Azure's success with getting them all to safety. The small Fire-type had saved their lives, so she was grateful. She dug through her pack and her hands met the silken pouch that contained the Sacred Ash, from Ho-Oh, a Fire deity, no less. Nikki wasn't sure how to apply it but she ventured a guess and sprinkled the lot over every external wound on Growlithe's body, then discarded the silk pouch into her sidebag. She admired the Growlithe's sheer resilience.

    She looked to her two Pokemon that were out of their balls- Mystic and Azure. "Thanks for all your help, I'm really proud of you guys." the trainer said honestly. As if on cue danger alerted itself yet again as a rumbling noise otherwise known as Rollout took Golem into their presence yet again. Mystic carefully made sure Growlithe was out of harm's way. Suddenly the girl had her mind set- Golem needed to stop this brutal rampage. And this time, her Pokemon were a hell of a lot stronger and she knew how to face these brutal beings now, from "previous experience". Azure seemed to be thinking the same thing.

    Golem punched the wall, producing Rocks to Throw. One thing Nikki was certain of was that it needed to be dispatched of as quickly as possible lest it continue its path of destruction. "Mystic, Azure, at the ready. Azure, give Golem a double Water Pulse as Mystic uses Giga Drain to replenish his energy some. Mystic, follow up with your deadly Frenzy Plant attack.

    Don't let up, guys. Safeguard if need be, Azure."

  18. #68

    Default

    Tale: The cave soothes your exhausted body as you examine the cavemarkings, wondering about their meaning. Quickly coming to the conclusion that they are representative of the full moon, you decide to investigate the cave more fully, mind buzzing with questions and possibilities. Looking around, you are only able to make out the previous drawing of a circle, although it looks like no one has touched this cave in a long time... none of the edges are rubbed down, and it appears as though the edges are still relatively rough. Bending down and rubbing your hand against the drawing, you feel something surprising... the wall is pulsing. Gasping, you closely look at the cave ground, and notice that the cave is getting bigger. Apparently, the back wall of the cave is receding into the rest of the cliff. It looks like their is a small light shining through the rock in the back. You're not in any real trouble at the moment, and it's starting to get pretty dark outside...

    What will you do?

    Psychopath: Praising your Pokemon on a successful first battle, you recall both of them into their Pokeballs for a rest. Your patience with the radical tourists ends abruptly as they start to trail you, and you summon your Weavile to escort the girl to her Grandpa while you confront them. The girl nods and runs off, your blue and white Weavile dashing slightly besider her as she moves away. The tourists glare at you and spring into action. Grabbing your arm, one of the tourist's locks you in a vicegrip-esque move and pins you to the ground while the other removes your Pokeballs, stashing them in a red bag. The rest of the crowd of people gasps at the sudden violence and starts to disperse, not wanting to be involved with the mugging. Yelling loudly, you notice the old man running up to you with his Steelix, which Roars angrily and fires a Hyper Beam at the two men, who are blown back. The girl runs over to you with Weavile, and quickly explains that she met her grandpa halfway down the mountain, as he'd apparently started moving once he noticed the commotion in the square, and unties you. The scoundrels dash past the old man and the Steelix into a motorcycle, and the small vehicle vrooms up the side of the mountain, past the old man's old outpost, still holding your sack of Pokeballs.

    The old man jogs over to you and asks you if you're all right, before looking worriedly towards the mountain. He quickly explains that it was his duty to prevent those men from going up there, as there is currently a spiritual ritual occuring at the Rock Pool that could be extremely dangerous if tampered with by outside forces... The old man and girl beckon for you to climb onto the Steelix, who races up the mountain quickly. Turning to you, the old man mentions that you absolutely have to stop them... especially since those Pokemon stealing people are part of a cult that is looking to destroy Cortoza Isle. Freeze nods in agreement, probably wishing for his Pokemon buddies to be back and safe with him. You can see the motorcycle in the near distance, and you're gaining on it quickly. One of the men on the motorcycle fires a flaregun, and a passing Starly swoops down at you, eyes glowing a devilish red, preparing to hit the old man with a Wing Attack...

    What will you do?

    -Hayward-: You ponder the man's statement intently, and promptly respond to him once his little spiel is finished. Asking the man if you would be paired up, he shrugs and says that usually you are, however the only way to really tell is to look at your holodisk. Thinking about your previous experiences and wondering why Pokemon were attacking Volcanity Inc, you look casually at your disk and notice that you are to be paired up with a man named Deavn tonight, although it looks like he's not here yet. Deciding to get some shut eye in the meantime, you pick a couch and smile as Medeo sits next to you and enters his meditation state, closing his eyes and tuning himself into the rest of the universe. The last thing you see before you succumb to dreamland is the clock slowing ticking...

    The room is much darker when you wake up, and Medeo does a ministretch before standing up and motioning to the clock, which is informing you that you have 15 minutes til your shift starts. You grab your stuff and head out to the lobby again, where you see a different receptionist at the counter. Upon seeing your badge, he nods towards you and gives you a bulletproof vest, walkie talkie, headlamp, and nightstick. Saluting you, he gestures towards the door. Outside, the contrast from the day is evident. The only sound you hear is the soft rustling of the ocean and the occasional Pokemon cry. The veteran guard waves to you and instructs you to guard the sea barrier, apologizing profusely for sticking you there without Deavn since he's home sick. The first few minutes of your shift pass quickly, but you notice suddenly that the Pokemon have stopped doing their cries... and suddenly a Wingull whips towards you, blowing you into a rock with a Water Gun.

    What will you do?

    fishyfool: Upon deciding on the nickname of "Penance" for your Geodudette, you quietly tell Infernape that you're going to be eavesdropping on them a little more closely to find out if they're doing something particularly nasty. The people are still talking quietly, and you're able to pick up that they're some kind of businessmen, using Pokemon for cheap profit. One of the men mentions that they're business would be rather possible with the lack of interpretative laws on the island, and that they could easily run Crystal Lodge out of business by abusing Pokemon. The other person laughs and comments on their current operative, an Ambipom who is running around beating up Pokemon so they can just drive around the forest, throwing out Pokeballs in the comfort of a luxury golf cart. Suddenly, the nurse's knowledge of Ambipom's exploits and his random attack on Aipom make a lot more sense...

    What will you do?

    atlantis_kid99: Growlithe's suicidal protection of you and your Pokemon tugs at you and Mystic's hearts, and you thank it quietly while pulling out a pouch of Sacred Ash, spreading it over the wounds covering Growlithe's chest. The Ash just sits there, until Mystic leans over and drops a single tear into the wound, which closes up before your very eyes. Growlithe barks weakly, and starts to breathe a little more regularly. It looks like she'll be fine, although she won't be running around anytime soon. Breathing a deep sigh of relief, you congratulate your Pokemon on their successful moves, but are interrupted when Golem appears in the cavern, intent on attacking you. Your will hardens and Azure and Mystic leap into action, Mystic moving Growlithe deeper into the cavern with you, while Azure conjures an orb of Water and Pulses it at the incoming rock, shattering it before firing off another Water Pulse at Golem who grunts as the orb slams into him, dealing very good damage. Mystic glows green and Drains energy from Golem at a Giga rate, gaining some strength back, although the rock beast seems to shrug it off and he rushes Azure, fist blazing as he Punches the ice type with a fist of Fire. Azure stumbles backwards in pain, but is saved from another Fire Punch when Mystic summons the Frenzy of Plants and directs it into Golem, making it Roar in distress. Golem glares at you angrily and Mega Punches Kirlia in the face, slamming the Psychic type into the wall and leaving a deep indent. Azure dashes over to Mystic and summons a Safeguard while Golem summons the Power of the Earth, attempting to finish off Mystic, who looks like he's about to faint. Successfully fending off the Earth Power, Azure sways slightly, getting very tired.

    What will you do?

    OOC: In retrospect, I've decided to give Mystic and Azure one level each for the aerial maneuvers and this first round of battle.


    [Reposts]
    Fangirl: You withdraw mentally and decide to rethink your strategy quickly, fighting the urge to get extremely competitive against the Bider. Having had previous bad experiences with that particular move, you notice that Levi's competitive streak was being exposed as well, the water type's eyes narrowing with anger as she launches an Ice Beam at Kricketot, though the opposing Magikarp, Splashes water in the direction of Vaporeon, intercepting the Ice Beam and redirecting it into creating a wall of ice. Magikarp dives into the water and jumps over the ice wall, attempting to Tackle Vaporeon, although Levi is able to dodge it and circles around, pumped up for the battle. Meanwhile, you stare at Flare, sitting on the shore confused at the Bide, having never seen one before. Ordering Flare to help Levi out, the little Cyndaquil Howls loudly, raising her confidence and releases a billowing smoke at the Kricketot, who merely blinks, still glowing red with the Bide. Magikarp suddenly leaps out of the water again and rams itself into Flare really hard, Tackling it for some good damage before Flailing back into the water.

    What will you do?

    Ytnim: Bolstering your Pokemon's confidence with a small peptalk, you keep your attention tuned to the battle. Manectric growls and rushes Skarmory, tendrils of electricity Sparking through the birds wing while Skarmory is breathing heavily from its Hyper Beam. The bird cries out in pain before Manectric gets close using Quick attack. Blitz' Fangs glow with a bright Fire just before he chomps down on that same wing, and the Skarmory gives a last cry before fainting. Level up for Blitz. Skarmory's form doesn't stay on the ground though, and a red light engulfs the steel bird, summoning it above you and to the right a bit. Dr. Hserf's eyes flash to the location of the beam, and he dashes over to you while Tonic and Rapidash exchange Hydro Pumps and Fire Blasts. The doctor's eyes radiate concern, and he quickly informs you that you need to get going... NOW. Rapidash is knocked against the canyon wall while you're talking, and Tonic uses the opportunity to draw the fire away from you. Grabbing your arm, Dr. Hserf sprints across the canyon and ducks behind a rock. From this angle, it looks as though there is a robot standing just above the cliff where you were, clearly directing Rapidash and supposedly the Skarmory before it. Rapidash neighs in pain, clearly battered by Tonic's Mind Reader-Hydro Pump combination. The robot looks straight at you, and points. Your ears give out for a second, and you feel strange experiencing the world with no sound at all. Dr. Hserf pulls out a mirror from his pocket and aims carefully, and sound comes rushing back at you all at once. It seems he does in fact have some idea of what's going on...

    What will you do?
    Last edited by Amras.MG; 24th March 2009 at 7:35 PM.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Farming infractions for noobs.
    Posts
    2,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amras.MG View Post
    [SIZE="1]fishyfool: Upon deciding on the nickname of "Penance" for your Geodudette, you quietly tell Infernape that you're going to be eavesdropping on them a little more closely to find out if they're doing something particularly nasty. The people are still talking quietly, and you're able to pick up that they're some kind of businessmen, using Pokemon for cheap profit. One of the men mentions that they're business would be rather possible with the lack of interpretative laws on the island, and that they could easily run Crystal Lodge out of business by abusing Pokemon. The other person laughs and comments on their current operative, an Ambipom who is running around beating up Pokemon so they can just drive around the forest, throwing out Pokeballs in the comfort of a luxury golf cart. Suddenly, the nurse's knowledge of Ambipom's exploits and his random attack on Aipom make a lot more sense...

    What will you do?

    [/SIZE]
    Listening carefully to the information, Jamie's hands clenched into fists as he restrained his fury at the fact that not only were the men bullying other pokemon, but that the business is indeed a very shady one. Thinking over the situation, and the fact that Volcape utterly devastated said monkey, it would be best to try and shut down their whole operation before things got out of hand. Fortunately the men hadn't noticed him, and with a small nod, he ushered Penance over with a small pouch of candies he had been saving for situations like this.

    "Here, chow down on this lot, girl."

    As the Geodudette gulped down the treats, her body gave a mystical glow as the properties of the energy-packed orbs brought out the natural powers in her as the pokemon grew greatly in stature, a pair of stubby arms developing beneath her own ones and her irregular hide becoming much more lumpy as the geodude finished her evolution to a Graveler, her eyes giving a look of determination as she ignored her trainer's summoning of Volcape and Wraith towards him as she unleashed further hidden energies to spontaneously evolve once more, her lower arms retracting into her body as her form changed to one more of a sphere.

    Turning back to her, Jamie gave a notable eyebrow raise at the sudden evolution to a Golem before grinning and withdrawing the Infernape, whispering that he would need his duties later before beckoning the pair with him as he approached the pair.

    "Excuse me, but I thought I heard you mention an Ambipom. It just so happens that one such monkey attacked me and was sent packing after my pokemon thrashed its hide. Care to explain this little venture you're running?" Jamie stated with a commanding tone as he gave his nose a small scratch before pulling a pair of specs out and putting them on.


    I reject your Nyancats and replace it with my own.
    FB

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chi-town
    Posts
    662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amras.MG View Post
    Cortoza: The Volcanic Isle
    -Hayward-: You ponder the man's statement intently, and promptly respond to him once his little spiel is finished. Asking the man if you would be paired up, he shrugs and says that usually you are, however the only way to really tell is to look at your holodisk. Thinking about your previous experiences and wondering why Pokemon were attacking Volcanity Inc, you look casually at your disk and notice that you are to be paired up with a man named Deavn tonight, although it looks like he's not here yet. Deciding to get some shut eye in the meantime, you pick a couch and smile as Medeo sits next to you and enters his meditation state, closing his eyes and tuning himself into the rest of the universe. The last thing you see before you succumb to dreamland is the clock slowing ticking...

    The room is much darker when you wake up, and Medeo does a ministretch before standing up and motioning to the clock, which is informing you that you have 15 minutes til your shift starts. You grab your stuff and head out to the lobby again, where you see a different receptionist at the counter. Upon seeing your badge, he nods towards you and gives you a bulletproof vest, walkie talkie, headlamp, and nightstick. Saluting you, he gestures towards the door. Outside, the contrast from the day is evident. The only sound you hear is the soft rustling of the ocean and the occasional Pokemon cry. The veteran guard waves to you and instructs you to guard the sea barrier, apologizing profusely for sticking you there without Deavn since he's home sick. The first few minutes of your shift pass quickly, but you notice suddenly that the Pokemon have stopped doing their cries... and suddenly a Wingull whips towards you, blowing you into a rock with a Water Gun.

    What will you do?


    Beep-beep! Beep-beep! Beep-beep! Ben’s grey-green eyes suddenly snapped open as the shrill alarm on his wris****ch roused him from slumber. Almost immediately, he noticed that it was still rather dark. Not quite fully awake yet, he lay on the couch for a moment longer, staring up at the ceiling of an unfamiliar room and wondered where exactly he was and just why he was getting up so early. On an adjacent table, his watch continued to nag him in annoyance. Reluctantly sitting up, he reached over and switched off the pestering chime, muttering “Enough already, I’m awake…” He spied Medeo restfully meditating in the Lotad Position on a nearby chair, in deep communion with the mystical energy of the cosmos. A blissful look crossed the Meditite’s tiny face as he let out a peaceful sigh and slowly blinked open his eyes.

    “Did you have a good rest, mate?” Ben asked as his diminutive friend scrambled out of the recliner and briefly ran through a light stretching routine. Medeo paused, then nodded happily before continuing to loosen up. When the Yoga Pokemon had finished, he pointed excitedly at Ben’s black watch. Ben glanced at the indicated timepiece lying on the table, and suddenly remembered that their work shift was supposed to begin in just a few minutes. He quickly collected all his belongings, fastened on his watch, and rushed out of the Lounge; Medeo hurrying after him.

    Entering the Lobby, Ben spied an unfamiliar receptionist at the counter. With Medeo by his side, he trotted over to the desk and displayed his ID tag, stating, “I’m Ben Hale and this is Medeo.” He nodded in the direction of his belt-high companion, who beamed back at the desk attendant. “I’m the new security guard. My shift starts in a few minutes.” The receptionist nodded his greeting and handed Ben a bulletproof vest, walkie-talkie, headlamp, and nightstick. Ben bolted in shock when he saw the safety jacket, and wondered if he and Medeo had made the right decision after all in accepting this job. Telling himself it was probably just a precautionary measure like the chip-on-a-cord he presently wore around his neck, Ben thanked the guard and kitted himself out. The desk attendant saluted and motioned towards the massive sliding doors Ben and Medeo had entered earlier that day.

    The tranquil sound of the sighing sea mingled with the gentle cries of nocturnal Pokemon and drifted lazily to the pair as they stepped out of Volcanity, Inc. into the warm, tropical night. As Ben took a deep breath of the clear, island air, the receptionist motioned to one side of the building, assigning him the responsibility of protecting the sea barrier. Explaining that Deavn was sick at home, the receptionist quickly apologized that Ben would be on his own tonight, and waved good luck to the teenage trainer. Ben suddenly remembered reading on his holodisk player that Deavn was supposed to have been his co-sentry, and hoped that he and Medeo would have a quiet night. As the doors slid closed, Ben returned his wave; assuring the veteran desk attendant that he did have Medeo and would therefore be okay.

    Standing outside of the imposing research facility, Ben switched on his headlamp, turned to Medeo, and spoke, “Well, mate, I suppose we better head over to the sea barrier.” Medeo nodded and followed Ben to their security post. The first few minutes of the shift were uneventful, passing in almost no time, and Ben momentarily wondered why he had ever been so worried in the first place. As Ben and Medeo continued their rounds, without warning, a wild Wingull suddenly swooped out of the darkened sky and Gunned them with a forceful spray of Water, knocking the startled twosome into a nearby rock. Momentarily stunned, they lost sight of the little seabird.

    Ben was on his feet in an instant, dripping wet and wiping water out of his eyes with the back of his hand. “What do you think that was all about, mate?!” he exclaimed, as Medeo nimbly sprang up beside him, forcibly shaking his onion-shaped head from side-to-side in an effort to dislodge the water from his ears. An irritated expression crossed the face of the small Meditite as he looked at the teenage trainer and shrugged doubtfully. Just then Ben remembered the chess-playing security guards' warnings about the increase in both the amount and ferocity of unprovoked attacks from wild Pokemon and cautioned his little partner. “Look sharp now, mate,” he advised. Dragging a hand through his short brown hair, he thought hard to come up with a strategy. After a moment of consideration, he spoke, “No one’s going to take us by surprise again. See if you can DETECT any incoming attacks from Wingull, or any other wild Pokemon. If it breathes, hit it with VACUUM WAVE. Let’s see if we can get them before they get us.” Medeo nodded his understanding and quickly adopted the offensive kung-fu posture known as the Enlightened Kricketune Ambush, eager for some action…


    __________________
    fb
    Last edited by -Hayward-; 25th March 2009 at 10:13 PM.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amras.MG View Post
    Tale: The cave soothes your exhausted body as you examine the cavemarkings, wondering about their meaning. Quickly coming to the conclusion that they are representative of the full moon, you decide to investigate the cave more fully, mind buzzing with questions and possibilities. Looking around, you are only able to make out the previous drawing of a circle, although it looks like no one has touched this cave in a long time... none of the edges are rubbed down, and it appears as though the edges are still relatively rough. Bending down and rubbing your hand against the drawing, you feel something surprising... the wall is pulsing. Gasping, you closely look at the cave ground, and notice that the cave is getting bigger. Apparently, the back wall of the cave is receding into the rest of the cliff. It looks like their is a small light shining through the rock in the back. You're not in any real trouble at the moment, and it's starting to get pretty dark outside...

    What will you do?

    As anticipated, his intensive exploration of the cave acquired him no further discovery beyond the circle that initially grasped his attention. Concluding to scour every inch of the drawing as a subsequent plan, his caressing of the drawing offered him little more than the recognition of its lack of erosion. Until, of course, the wall began to pulse.

    With a yelp, he threw his hand from the wall, watching it with an enthralled gaze. His anticipation was finally satiated as the cave around him commenced a thrilling expansion in which his wayward imagination revelled. It was as though his prospected adventure was unfolding with results so satisfying that he began to doubt its reality. He stood, mesmerised at the event occurring before him, and without the slightest hint of retrospect, his mind was set upon further exploration of this cave. As a light pierced the cave from within, he lunged forwards. Expecting the requisite for aid, he grasped at the Pokeball that encased Simone - his Houndour - before throwing to the ground at his feet, releasing the fervent pup with an eerie howl that filled the expanding cave.

    “Why hello, Simone.” He ran an open hand across the skull-cap of his unresponsive companion, unsurprised by her dry reaction but never disheartened. He gestured the light before them, “I don’t suppose you’d mind some swift excavating? I’d like to see what delights this mysterious cave will bestow on the two of us.” With impassive languidness, Simone approached the rock and aided, to what seemed to be the best of her ability without knowing how to dig, Oscar in attempting to loosen the rock. Whether their attempts would yield any successful result, however, was unknowable.

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    NONYA BIZNEZ
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amras.MG View Post
    Psychopath: Praising your Pokemon on a successful first battle, you recall both of them into their Pokeballs for a rest. Your patience with the radical tourists ends abruptly as they start to trail you, and you summon your Weavile to escort the girl to her Grandpa while you confront them. The girl nods and runs off, your blue and white Weavile dashing slightly besider her as she moves away. The tourists glare at you and spring into action. Grabbing your arm, one of the tourist's locks you in a vicegrip-esque move and pins you to the ground while the other removes your Pokeballs, stashing them in a red bag. The rest of the crowd of people gasps at the sudden violence and starts to disperse, not wanting to be involved with the mugging. Yelling loudly, you notice the old man running up to you with his Steelix, which Roars angrily and fires a Hyper Beam at the two men, who are blown back. The girl runs over to you with Weavile, and quickly explains that she met her grandpa halfway down the mountain, as he'd apparently started moving once he noticed the commotion in the square, and unties you. The scoundrels dash past the old man and the Steelix into a motorcycle, and the small vehicle vrooms up the side of the mountain, past the old man's old outpost, still holding your sack of Pokeballs.

    The old man jogs over to you and asks you if you're all right, before looking worriedly towards the mountain. He quickly explains that it was his duty to prevent those men from going up there, as there is currently a spiritual ritual occuring at the Rock Pool that could be extremely dangerous if tampered with by outside forces... The old man and girl beckon for you to climb onto the Steelix, who races up the mountain quickly. Turning to you, the old man mentions that you absolutely have to stop them... especially since those Pokemon stealing people are part of a cult that is looking to destroy Cortoza Isle. Freeze nods in agreement, probably wishing for his Pokemon buddies to be back and safe with him. You can see the motorcycle in the near distance, and you're gaining on it quickly. One of the men on the motorcycle fires a flaregun, and a passing Starly swoops down at you, eyes glowing a devilish red, preparing to hit the old man with a Wing Attack...

    What will you do?
    Tyson worriedly looked on as he rode the Steelix, he felt uneasy as the scenery passed. Quickly he looked at Freeze, although he was one of the strongest members on the team he was worried the tourists might use his other pokemon as shields. He had to come up with a plan at a swift pase, as a few seconds could lead him to victory. Or defeat. " Freeze, time is not aiding us at the moment and the farther they get, the less likely we get to see everyone alse." They both thought of the pokemon they would lose if they didn't save them: Valor, Nita, Digga', Mortimer, Slice, Palladium, Thunderfuzz, and Chador. The stakes that they had to overcome were too great to lose. He looked at Freeze who nodded in agreement, he would risk his life for all the others, so would Tyson. He looked at the riders, they outmatched him in speed, but they only had the road, while the Steelix could go anywhere. "Freeze, once we get close to the riders try to jam their tires or similar machinery with an ice beam. If they stop quick attack the guy with the pokeball sack to get them back."

    Then he saw the flare, and the Starly swooping at the man. "Freeze... freeze its wings with that ice beam from earlier, if it comes back do it again. That should probably do it, for now." Freeze began gathering ice energy in its hands, hopefully his wouldn't slow then down.


  23. #73

    Default

    fishyfool: Your small Geodudette evolves into a Golem in the center of the relaxation room after being treated to a bunch of rare candies. After recalling Infernape, you approach the pair of people that you'd overheard before, putting on your sternest look and inflecting your voice with a commanding tone. The men turn slightly as you approach them, and look warily at you as you reprimand them, demanding an explanation. The man on the right, a stocky, well-built military-esque brute, glares at you as his companion, a crisp businessman, grins cockily in your direction. Sarcastically complimenting you on your keen eavesdropping skills, he presses a button on his watch and motions for you to look at a holoscreen on the wall. You gasp as it shows a Pokemon labor camp producing cheap furniture and other technological objects... and nearly throw up as you see a human whip a small Wooper who wasn't working fast enough.

    "Pokemon labor is free, and we can run it under the disguise of being a Pokemon Training group. We trained that Ambipom to beat up wild Pokemon so we can just ride around and catch them. Watcha gonna do about it?" And with that, the two men walk cockily out the door, laughing at the nerve of trying to hold them accountable. A businesscard falls to the ground from the businessman's pocket...

    Howard Spovelli, Volcanity Inc.

    What will you do?

    -Hayward-: Meditite springs up swiftly, clearing the water off his body in a few quick movements before looking at you for guidance as to what to do. Recalling the security guard's warning about wild Pokemon, you strategize a counteroffensive, ordering Meditite to Detect any attacks. The small Pokemon closes his eyes and stretches out his senses, settling on the form of a Wingull flying down for a second pass. Meditite stands there calmly, in complete meditation and jumps over a Wing Attack from the sea gull. The Wingull gawks at the shape of a Meditite above him and then sqwaks as he is hit by a Vacuum Wave from above him, slamming the bird into the sand. Wingull glares angrily at Meditite and Quickly Attacks him, hitting Meditite for a little damage, although it didn't do as much as it should of due to Meditite still being in a state of meditation and awareness. Seeing the ineffectiveness of its attack, Wingull soars around again, a Supersonic wave from its mouth interrupting Medeo's medititative stance and causing it to grip its ears in pain.

    What will you do?

    Tale: You smile widely as your search pays off, and quickly summon your Houndour, Simone, to accompany you as you gaze upon the receding wall. The light begins to grow brighter and your actions seem to pay off as a beam of pure light spills out of the wall, shattering through the wall in a burst of magnificence. A sense of foreboding spills through you as the overwhelming light dissipates, and you gasp. The sight in front of you is terrible, it looks like a torture chamber of ancient kind, and there are skulls everywhere. The chamber is no longer filled with light, and a low moaning can be heard from a far corner of the room. However, once you move towards it, the entire scene dissolves in midair, leaving a large platform visible. A platform surrounded by torches. Your heart skips a beat and the usually stoic Simone whimpers, pointing to the corner of the room seen before in the vision. A foot is sticking out past the length of the platform, oozing blood. Listening closer, you can hear the same moaning from before... only lower.

    What will you do?

    psychopath: The Steelix races up the mountainside, it's giant links of rock and steel grinding as the big Pokemon grunts. Conversing with Freeze quickly, you set an iron resolve to save your fellow Pokemon... no matter what. The Weavile at your side gives a grim nod and jumps to the very top of Steelix' head, charging an orb of Ice in front of him before firing it as a Beam at the motorcycle. The man in control swerves to avoid the beam, losing control for a quick second as Starly flies straight down at the old man. Weavile jumps in front of the man, firing the last remnants of the Ice Beam at Starly, who smashes straight through it, the odd red look still in his eye as he smashes into Weavile. Freeze jumps up, clearly angry, and fires another Ice Beam at the bird, who pulls a circular maneuver to dodge it and hits Freeze with a Wing of Steel. Weavile grunts it off, but looks incredibly angry at the Starly. Across the way a bit, the motorcar seems to be moving a bit slower due to ice in the mechanisms, but it's still going strong.

    What will you do?

  24. #74

    Default

    Apologies to Arcanumghost for missing you. Sorry!

    Arcanumghost: You recall your small baby Lyre, not wanting her to be in the midst of the battle to come. Recalling your Horsea and summoning your Sableye in one swift movement, you quickly teach Lucy Firestream, and order your Pokemon into battle. Electivire Roars loudly and jumps down into the cavern, electricity crackling around it once again, but grunts as it is Quickly Attacked by Adam. Electivire stumbles back and trips over a Diglett, giving Adam the opportunity to follow up with a double Sand Attack, making the Electivire roar in pain as his eyes start to tear up. Meanwhile, Lucy opens her maw and releases a Firestream at Forretress, who shudders in pain before thinking to Rapid Spin the fire off of it. Sableye grins at its success and leaps up onto a ledge. The Diglett seem to suddenly get an idea and start protruding out of the wall in strategic places to let Sableye use them as a stepping stone of sorts. Dashing up the ladder of Diglett, Lucy's eyes glow with a ghostly energy and she hits Forretress with a Night Shade, although the weird buggy merely shrugs it off. Sableye leaps off the last Diglett, Scratching at Forretress with a load of momentum, slamming the Bagworm more than 30 feet down and into the ground, dealing massive damage despite Forretress' Steel typing. Forretress groans and Protects itself as an Earth Power envelopes it, burying it before it quickly Rapid Spins out of the pseudograve. It seems that a lot of Diglett put together were able to manage an Earth Power attack...

    What will you do?

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amras.MG View Post
    Tale: You smile widely as your search pays off, and quickly summon your Houndour, Simone, to accompany you as you gaze upon the receding wall. The light begins to grow brighter and your actions seem to pay off as a beam of pure light spills out of the wall, shattering through the wall in a burst of magnificence. A sense of foreboding spills through you as the overwhelming light dissipates, and you gasp. The sight in front of you is terrible, it looks like a torture chamber of ancient kind, and there are skulls everywhere. The chamber is no longer filled with light, and a low moaning can be heard from a far corner of the room. However, once you move towards it, the entire scene dissolves in midair, leaving a large platform visible. A platform surrounded by torches. Your heart skips a beat and the usually stoic Simone whimpers, pointing to the corner of the room seen before in the vision. A foot is sticking out past the length of the platform, oozing blood. Listening closer, you can hear the same moaning from before... only lower.

    What will you do?


    As the light dissipated, the terror burst from his bloated heart like a poison. A torture chamber - that was indubitable - had taken form from behind the expanding cave of Mt. Pele. As though they presently reverberated from the stony walls, those screams alluded to by the numerous rumours surrounding the shrine attacked his imagination, their grave validation all too assured by the morbid carpet of skulls. From an indistinguishable corner, a chilling moan echoed, catching his attention and affixing it upon that very location for a lengthy moment. His resoluteness, however, sustained by unremitting passion, did not dissolve. To have turned away would have been to deny not only his nature, but his right to the exploration of a discovery he’d ascertained through diligent curiosity and enthusiasm.

    Baring his pride in mind, Oscar stepped forwards. Then, as if it were a vision to taunt, the image of the chamber vanished, to be replaced by a torch-lit platform. Helplessly startled by the sudden transition and substantially disorientated by the illusions, Oscar took a cautionary step backwards, swiftly returning Simone to her Pokeball as a whimper indicated her discomfort. From the platform protruded a bloody foot. Upon this, Oscar was transfixed, until a second, lower moan prompted him into action.

    “Reveal yourself!” He demanded, taking another bold step into the unknown. In his mind, he could ascribe this particular scenario to one presence, one which he’d never believed he’d eventually encounter during all his eager years of exploration and adventure: zombies.

    The notion was undeniable. Surely, this malicious presence, perturbed by his infiltration and inevitably agitated by his impetuosity, would at some point react. Should this presence happen to have been evident living dead, then his hands were unquestionably full. His heart leapt at the realisation that the mysteries of Pele’s shrine were gradually unfurling before his very eyes. Driven by zeal, he stepped forwards, in an attempt to better distinguish the inhabitant and prompt a reaction.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •