Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Cortoza's Recorded History

Quote Originally Posted by Amras.MG View Post
    fishyfool: Aipom giggles and jumps into the Pokeball you proffered, and it's probably a good thing so the young monkey doesn't see the gasping, hurt Finneon just up the path. A Lv. 3 Female Aipom has joined your party! Your good Samaritan instincts kick in and you run through your options trying to find a way to help the little fishy (ah ha ha I just realized that your username is fishyfool and I have you helping a fish ah ha ha I'm slow). Cursing yourself for not having stocked up on any healing items before arriving at the Volcanic Isle, you gently pick up Finneon, heart bursting at it's pained look and shallow breathing. The fish doesn't struggle as you jog back to the Resort, but it does seem to be rapidly getting worse, to the point where it looks like it's having a seizure at times. Your footsteps padding through the undergrowth are the only sounds besides' Finneon's labored breathing, and suddenly they're the only sounds.

The Finneon's dead corpse begins to glow slightly, and a laser from inside the fish begins to etch a message upon the small Pokemon's lifeless scales.

"Imagine this is your Mudkip. You don't stand a chance."

It seems that those evil men have left you a message asserting their power. However, this can also been seen as a sign that they regard you as a threat of sorts...

What will you do?
    As he hurried as hastily as he could, Jamie knew deep down inside that being out of water and in a state of poisoning most likely of a toxic variety, the Finneon was all but doomed. As he made his way through the undergrowth, the sounds of his feet and the fish's breathing the only sounds he could be focused on, his heart sank a few feet as he then registered his footsteps as the only sound left as he stared at the fallen fish, his eyes widening with disbelief as he noticed the laser inside etch a threat onto the Finneon, as Jamie grit his teeth in an attempt to prevent him from breaking the nearest object in two, realising that even if he had antidotes the Finneon would have perished anyway as he gave the message within a death stare before finding a small fern and placing the dead pokemon within the foliage, an unfortunate victim of Volcanity's darker side as he continued on, contemplating the threat after dispelling the image that Spovelli attempted to intimidate him with.

Back where he found the Finneon, at the stream, Jamie plucked two balls from his belt, giving them a gentle fling to reveal the Aipom from before and his first capture in a slightly poignant moment, Meteos the Lunatone who looked at him as he conveyed his message to the rock telepathically, the lunar creature's eyes seeming to widen slightly before returning to normal, noting his job.

"Right, we carry on, you two. Meteos, if we find we can't get across something like a flooded river, use your body as a rat for this little girl to use to get across, Yakuza can carry me, so don't worry. Aipom..." Jamie started before realising that he hadn't named the newcomer yet, the chimp giving a cheeky grin to him as he thought of a name for her before giving a little smile, almost forced.

"...Jackie. That'll be your name. Stick with Meteos here, as we're going on an adventure to get some revenge on the guys who sicced that larger monkey on you."

With heightened determination, Jamie realised that even if Spovelli had technology, the fact he made a threat to him almost confirmed that the man was afraid of him, a fact he'd have to acknowledge.

I reject your Nyancats and replace it with my own.
    FB

Quote Originally Posted by Amras.MG View Post
    Tale: The Ralts' anguish and relief clash inside the mind of the small creature, and his extreme emotional state begins to distort his power, creating a maelstrom. Simone growls and begins to glow with Dark energy, Pursuing Ralts and slamming into him with good power. Ralts' eyes glow blood red, and the Pokemon screams, using Psychic energy to pour fire from the flame straight onto Houndour, who shakes off the attack and leaps towards Ralts, Fangs beginning to spark with Thunder energy. Ralts cries out again and his eyes glow a deep blue, enveloping the emotionally disturbed Pokemon in a Safeguard, which protects him from the Thunder Fang. Simone begins to whimper slightly, but not in a response to any attack... the Ralts has eyes blacker than the darkest void.

Around you, the volcanoe begins to rumble, and in awe you realize that the Ralts' severe distress has just triggered a volcanic eruption! The walls begin to shack, groaning as the Goddess responds to Ralts' cry for answers. In front of you, the little guy collapses from the massive energy usage, laying amid the rubble. If he stays here, he'll be killed.

What will you do?
    Throughout the succession of dire occurrences, little hope alleviated Oscar’s encumbered heart, and although Simone’s valiant attempts to subdue the psychic creature had been somewhat successful, they were barely productive and failed to assuage the chaos that currently enclosed them all. Oscar gazed at the lifeless, stomach-turning body of the once high-spirited trainer, the pool of blood shimmering so insignificantly in the flickering firelight. Just moments ago, this Ralts was his. Now, burdened by its loss, plagued by its emotions, it seemed to seek naught but death itself. Perhaps release was all Oscar offered in his attempts at the Ralts’ energy. Perhaps it was the selfish impulse to circumvent the Mountain’s trials. Either way, as the battle unfurled before him, Simone viciously tearing at her victim with the habitual nonchalance of attack, Oscar could not rid his senescent mind of the lugubriousness pervading every course of action within a setting so hellish in each of its aspects.

Then, as the Ralts’ eyes deepened to a hue as black as night, Pele was awakened. “Ah, Pele. Here you are. Come to threaten our very existence with your godlike power. And yet, I’ve still seen nothing of your shrine. Such a shame,” Oscar speaks to the trembling walls, the quivering ground beneath his feet. Simone turns to him, her canine instinct foreseeing demise should they sustain their presence here, yet her eyes convey little concern. The Ralts collapses before them both - ridding the situation of his consciousness, thrusting them into such dire straits with naught but a prospect of escape to soothe, only to elude the physical torture of dread in favour of a world where not even thoughts reside. “I do not think so.” Oscar murmured, hoisting himself from the trembling ground and intrepidly stumbling his way towards the unconscious psychic type. Turning to Simone, whose indifference shall always betray the severity of the situation, he indicated the Ralts, “This is a tortured soul. For the tortures it has endured, its greatest relief would be the ever up-creeping tendrils of demise. We shan’t grant it this, for it is an epidemic, the greatest weakness of life is the simplicity of death, and to defy it is to not simply exist, but to truly live. Save it, Simone. Do not permit a death so inglorious,” He signalled for Simone to grasp the Ralts in her jaws. Then he turned to the tunnel down which he had travelled. “These secrets have not yet attained discovery, we cannot flee.” He turned his head skywards, “We shall not flee, Pele!”

Oscar began to proceed back towards the entrance. To remain, like a rat in a crevice, standing in a hole through which the volcano’s lava can simply seep, would be foolish. What he intended to do was reach the shrine. Perhaps if Pele listened to the Ralts, she’ll listen to his prayer.

Default Current ZA's and Active Members

This zone will initially be capped at FIVE members. If another ZA is hired, then more people will be able to enter. I won't be updating this zone at this point in time as I'm stretching myself far too thinly between multiple zones as it is, and have hired Food Guy to update. If there comes a time Cortoza needs additional ZA's I'll either hire another ZA or pick up a few members myself. For now, have fun. Hope you enjoy ^-^.

Current Zone Assistants

Food Guy ~ Updating:

EDIT: I'll actually let him make his own post... :p
    Also, if everyone can please refrain from posting until Food Guy has made his updatee post I'll appreciate it. He'll also inform you of how many openings he has, as well as who will be continuing from MG's group. Ta ^-^.
    Last edited by enchantress; 18th May 2009 at 2:14 PM.

Okay I'm the new updator for Cortoza. I don't have as much experience as Amras.MG did but I'll try my best.

Updatees:
    * Treepandaone

Can I please have you repost your last reply please?
    Last edited by PeeGee; 4th August 2010 at 8:50 AM.

Hi Food Guy, thank you for taking us on! I'm really looking forward to your updates. Also, I'd just like to say thanks for continuing the adventures, but if it's more preferable to you then I'll be glad to restart should it make things easier. Just thought I'd say, in case this is what you'd prefer =).

Quote Originally Posted by Amras.MG
    The Ralts' anguish and relief clash inside the mind of the small creature, and his extreme emotional state begins to distort his power, creating a maelstrom. Simone growls and begins to glow with Dark energy, Pursuing Ralts and slamming into him with good power. Ralts' eyes glow blood red, and the Pokemon screams, using Psychic energy to pour fire from the flame straight onto Houndour, who shakes off the attack and leaps towards Ralts, Fangs beginning to spark with Thunder energy. Ralts cries out again and his eyes glow a deep blue, enveloping the emotionally disturbed Pokemon in a Safeguard, which protects him from the Thunder Fang. Simone begins to whimper slightly, but not in a response to any attack... the Ralts has eyes blacker than the darkest void.

Around you, the volcanoe begins to rumble, and in awe you realize that the Ralts' severe distress has just triggered a volcanic eruption! The walls begin to shack, groaning as the Goddess responds to Ralts' cry for answers. In front of you, the little guy collapses from the massive energy usage, laying amid the rubble. If he stays here, he'll be killed.

What will you do?
    Throughout the succession of dire occurrences, little hope alleviated Oscar’s encumbered heart, and although Simone’s valiant attempts to subdue the psychic creature had been somewhat successful, they were barely productive and failed to assuage the chaos that currently enclosed them all. Oscar gazed at the lifeless, stomach-turning body of the once high-spirited trainer, the pool of blood shimmering so insignificantly in the flickering firelight. Just moments ago, this Ralts was his. Now, burdened by its loss, plagued by its emotions, it seemed to seek naught but death itself. Perhaps release was all Oscar offered in his attempts at the Ralts’ energy. Perhaps it was the selfish impulse to circumvent the Mountain’s trials. Either way, as the battle unfurled before him, Simone viciously tearing at her victim with the habitual nonchalance of attack, Oscar could not rid his senescent mind of the lugubriousness pervading every course of action within a setting so hellish in each of its aspects.

Then, as the Ralts’ eyes deepened to a hue as black as night, Pele was awakened. “Ah, Pele. Here you are. Come to threaten our very existence with your godlike power. And yet, I’ve still seen nothing of your shrine. Such a shame,” Oscar speaks to the trembling walls, the quivering ground beneath his feet. Simone turns to him, her canine instinct foreseeing demise should they sustain their presence here, yet her eyes convey little concern. The Ralts collapses before them both - ridding the situation of his consciousness, thrusting them into such dire straits with naught but a prospect of escape to soothe, only to elude the physical torture of dread in favour of a world where not even thoughts reside. “I do not think so.” Oscar murmured, hoisting himself from the trembling ground and intrepidly stumbling his way towards the unconscious psychic type. Turning to Simone, whose indifference shall always betray the severity of the situation, he indicated the Ralts, “This is a tortured soul. For the tortures it has endured, its greatest relief would be the ever up-creeping tendrils of demise. We shan’t grant it this, for it is an epidemic, the greatest weakness of life is the simplicity of death, and to defy it is to not simply exist, but to truly live. Save it, Simone. Do not permit a death so inglorious,” He signalled for Simone to grasp the Ralts in her jaws. Then he turned to the tunnel down which he had travelled. “These secrets have not yet attained discovery, we cannot flee.” He turned his head skywards, “We shall not flee, Pele!”

Oscar began to proceed back towards the entrance. To remain, like a rat in a crevice, standing in a hole through which the volcano’s lava can simply seep, would be foolish. What he intended to do was reach the shrine. Perhaps if Pele listened to the Ralts, she’ll listen to his prayer.

Ach, I was worried that I'd lost said update, but I didn't, fortunately. As it is, here we go...again.

Quote Originally Posted by Amras.MG
    fishyfool: Aipom giggles and jumps into the Pokeball you proffered, and it's probably a good thing so the young monkey doesn't see the gasping, hurt Finneon just up the path. A Lv. 3 Female Aipom has joined your party! Your good Samaritan instincts kick in and you run through your options trying to find a way to help the little fishy (ah ha ha I just realized that your username is fishyfool and I have you helping a fish ah ha ha I'm slow). Cursing yourself for not having stocked up on any healing items before arriving at the Volcanic Isle, you gently pick up Finneon, heart bursting at it's pained look and shallow breathing. The fish doesn't struggle as you jog back to the Resort, but it does seem to be rapidly getting worse, to the point where it looks like it's having a seizure at times. Your footsteps padding through the undergrowth are the only sounds besides' Finneon's labored breathing, and suddenly they're the only sounds.

The Finneon's dead corpse begins to glow slightly, and a laser from inside the fish begins to etch a message upon the small Pokemon's lifeless scales.

"Imagine this is your Mudkip. You don't stand a chance."

It seems that those evil men have left you a message asserting their power. However, this can also been seen as a sign that they regard you as a threat of sorts...

What will you do?
    As he hurried as hastily as he could, Jamie knew deep down inside that being out of water and in a state of poisoning most likely of a toxic variety, the Finneon was all but doomed. As he made his way through the undergrowth, the sounds of his feet and the fish's breathing the only sounds he could be focused on, his heart sank a few feet as he then registered his footsteps as the only sound left as he stared at the fallen fish, his eyes widening with disbelief as he noticed the laser inside etch a threat onto the Finneon, as Jamie grit his teeth in an attempt to prevent him from breaking the nearest object in two, realising that even if he had antidotes the Finneon would have perished anyway as he gave the message within a death stare before finding a small fern and placing the dead pokemon within the foliage, an unfortunate victim of Volcanity's darker side as he continued on, contemplating the threat after dispelling the image that Spovelli attempted to intimidate him with.

Back where he found the Finneon, at the stream, Jamie plucked two balls from his belt, giving them a gentle fling to reveal the Aipom from before and his first capture in a slightly poignant moment, Meteos the Lunatone who looked at him as he conveyed his message to the rock telepathically, the lunar creature's eyes seeming to widen slightly before returning to normal, noting his job.

"Right, we carry on, you two. Meteos, if we find we can't get across something like a flooded river, use your body as a rat for this little girl to use to get across, Yakuza can carry me, so don't worry. Aipom..." Jamie started before realising that he hadn't named the newcomer yet, the chimp giving a cheeky grin to him as he thought of a name for her before giving a little smile, almost forced.

"...Jackie. That'll be your name. Stick with Meteos here, as we're going on an adventure to get some revenge on the guys who sicced that larger monkey on you."

With heightened determination, Jamie realised that even if Spovelli had technology, the fact he made a threat to him almost confirmed that the man was afraid of him, a fact he'd have to acknowledge.

FB

My sincerest thanks for picking up this adventure, Food Guy. *bows respectfully* Just be yourself and you'll be great. May the Force be with you. -H

Originally Posted by Amras.MG
    -Hayward-: The wild Pokemon's ferocity and planning continues to surprise you, prompting a quick think-through of if this is really all that random, and why the Pokemon are doing this in the first place. Nevertheless, you realize that you still have at least 2 hours until your shift is over, and refocus your attention on the battle, formulating a plan for victory. Pineco nods at your first orders, and Takes Down Corphish, pinning the crustachean underneath his prickly pinecone body. As you rush over to Meditite and employ some good humor trying to pick his spirits up, Pineco Bug Bites Corphish, making the small Pokemon groan in pain before he's hit with the follow up Tackle you had requested earlier. Corphish groans and collapses to the ground, KOed. *Level up for Pineco* Meanwhile, Medeo picks himself off and, raising a small arm in front of Poliwag, letting off a Flash of bright light. Poliwag sways a little bit as his eyes mislead him, and he stumbles around, obviously unprepared for the sharp contrast between light and dark that had just assaulted him. Medeo Bulks himself Up during the tadpole's disorientation, and leaps forward for a Drain Punch as Poliwag goes for another Doubleslap. Medeo's speed pays off and he hits Poliwag in the center of the swirl with his glowing fist, holding contact with his foe for a few seconds before backflipping to land a few feet away from his foe, slightly rejuvenated. Poliwag gasps and falls towards the ground, KOed. *Level up for Medeo*

A shadow begins to crawl onto the shore of the beach, and a large claw snaps as a small crab-like Pokemon sidesteps onto the battlefied. The Krabby looks at the three other knocked out Pokemon on the shore, and whips his large claw around, spraying a Bubblebeam directly at Medeo, knocking the Meditite over the edge, healthwise. Meditite crouches to a knee, obviously unable to battle any further...

What will you do?

On the sea barrier side of Volcanity, Inc., Cortoza Island’s imposing research facility, by the phosphorescent light of his work-issued headlamp, the trainer Benjamin Hale watched as the concluding events of the battle unfolded before his grey-green eyes. As the Meditite Medeo and the Pineco Forteo put the finishing touches on their wild adversaries, Ben breathed out a grateful sigh that perhaps now they would get a minute’s peace. For now it looked as though the assaulting Pokemon had been dealt with.

“Brilliant work, mates!” Ben praised his weary, but victorious comrades. Beaming, Forteo bounced up and down on his bottomspike happily, while the more stoic Meditite merely nodded. “Thanks for your help, Forteo.” Ben unclipped a Pokeball from his belt, pointed it in the little Pinecone’s direction, and recalled him. “Enjoy your rest,” Ben said cheerfully as he replaced Forteo’s Pokeball. At that moment though, a sudden movement near the water’s edge caught the corner of his eye and attracted his attention. He turned the headlamp up to full power and directed it at the shadow slowly making it’s way up the beach. As the concentrated beam of light fell on the dark figure, Ben bolted in surprise to discover that the latest mysterious Pokemon intruder was none other than a wild Krabby. He could hardly believe his eyes or contain his excitement. Frantically, he fished around inside the brown canvas messenger bag he had slung over his shoulder. After a moment of searching, he extracted a thin, flat, rectangular object. Flipping open a previously hidden view screen on the top of the device, he pointed it’s sensor in Krabby’s direction.

Blip-blip. Bleep-bloop. A faint, cobalt bulb winked in the darkness as the sable colored Pokedex whistled harmoniously to life. “Krabby. The River Crab Pokemon,” a robotic, nasally-sounding voice intoned. “It can be found near the sea. Krabby live on beaches, burrowed inside holes dug into the sand. On sandy beaches with little in the way of food, these Pokemon can be seen squabbling with each other over territory. If it is unable to find food, it will absorb nutrients by swallowing a mouthful of sand. If it senses danger approaching, it cloaks itself with bubbles from its mouth so it will look bigger. The large pincers fully grow back if they are torn out of their sockets or broken in battle. Its pincers are not only powerful weapons, they are used for balance when walking sideways.”

“…used for balance when walking sideways.” Familiar words. Ben echoed them as he shut off the electronic encyclopedia and quickly stuffed it into his bag. He hadn’t needed the Pokedex’s reminder of what they said, he had committed the entire entry to memory many years before. Watching Krabby scuttle closer, he was instantly transported in his mind to a time and place long ago.

In his memory, he was a still a young boy, standing on the wooden deck of a floating house, marveling at the sun rise over Route 131. Every morning he watched as the golden orb smiled upon the waters; then he would grab his surf board and ride the waves out to the jagged sea rocks not far from his hometown of Pacifidlog. There he spent hours observing the complex behaviour patterns and peculiar way of life of the River Crab Pokemon. Studying the countless Krabby that inhabited the tropical waters surrounding his home, Ben had learned that they were almost always fighting over something, whether mates, hunting ground, or the best hiding holes. Most fascinating to Ben however, had been how they had developed a means of communicating to one another by drumming or waving their pincers. Ever since his youth, Ben had had a fondness for the aggressive crustacean.

Now he was a teenager; many years removed from those halcyon summer days. He had traveled to this curious, unfamiliar land, many, many miles from the place of his birth, in order to atone for the sins of his past. Since his arrival, he and his longtime Meditite partner Medeo, had freed a tortured Machop, helped to apprehend a lunatic trainer, traveled through a passage in time, investigated an abandoned amusement park, and accepted temporary positions as security guards for one of the planet’s top research facilities. The two friends had seen many unusual things, experienced many wonderful adventures, and met many unforgettable individuals. Face-to-face once again with the River Crab, the Pokemon that reminded him most of his home, he couldn’t believe he had encountered one so soon. Fate had certainly been kind to him. Ben knew he had to do everything he could to catch it. He couldn’t let this opportunity pass him by.

Ben had only been reminiscing for a few moments, but Medeo was growing impatient. Krabby was sidestepping onto the battlefield and Ben hadn’t issued any instructions yet. Awaiting his orders and unaware of his trainer’s flashback, Medeo regarded Ben with a quizzical expression. Before Ben could remark however, Krabby whipped one of his claws around in a show of power and blasted Medeo with a Beam of highly-concentrated Bubbles. Ben wore a shocked expression as he watched the equally-surprised Yoga Pokemon tumble backwards uncerimoniously. Medeo’s eyes were wide at Krabby’s apparent critical hit. Caught off guard, Krabby’s attack had seemingly nailed one of Medeo’s weak spots and further depleted the already-weakened Meditite’s health.

“Are you okay, mate?!” Ben quickly asked Medeo. In response, the Meditite slowly shook his tiny, onion-shaped head from side-to-side and took a knee, too winded to go on. Ever the picture of determination though, Medeo refused to let himself grimace or any show pain. “Just rest a bit -- Hyneo can handle Krabby. If you can manage an AQUA RING, it might help to reenergize you for later.” Medeo nodded feebly and Ben regretted the lose of his best partner in the upcoming battle, but knew the diminutive Meditite was in no condition to go on. He quickly unclipped a pink Pokeball from his belt and pressing the round trigger switch, released the Poochyena Hyneo. In a flash of scarlet brilliance the monochromatic wolfpup appeared in front of Ben. “I need your help, girl,” he explained as he motioned in Medeo’s direction. “Are you ready to fight?” Wagging her tail excitedly, Hyneo barked and Ben quickly reached down and scratched her behind the ears.

Wasting no time, Ben straightened and issued instructions, “Now’s our chance, mate! Let’s try to catch this Krabby.” Even after having seen the fainted bodies of the other wild Pokemon scattered across the battlefield, Krabby had still chosen to attack Medeo, and Ben marveled at its fearlessness and the strength that had been displayed in its aquatic strike. Perilous and powerful. If he could catch it, this Krabby would definitely make a good addition to his team. “Watch out for Krabby’s pincers,” Ben warned. “Use SAND ATTACK to help you dodge -- then go with two quick TACKLEs. Be careful not to knock Krabby out though, because I want to catch it.” His mind made up, Ben reached once again inside his bag. This time however, he pulled out a Pokeball, just waiting for fate to provide him with the perfect opportunity to use it…

* for reference: level 25 male meditite is now level 26 *

* for reference: level 21 male pineco is now level 22 *

Last edited by -Hayward-; 20th May 2009 at 12:34 AM.

Okay, here are my first set of updates, here's to hoping that they are good enough. If there are any problems, just let me know via PM and I will fix them ASAP.

Tale: Not willing to let the Ralts die in such an inglorious death you motion for Simone to pick up the psychic-type pokemon in her jaws. Carefully picking up Ralts, Simone follows you to the entrance, both of you intent on making it to the shrine. As you make your way out you notice that the rumbling has gotten worse and many pokemon, ranging from the small fry such as Sandshrew and Slugma to the big guns such a Rhyperior and Magmortar, are running away from the volcano. You feel slightly unnerved by this, but it isn't enough to deter you from doing what you can here to do. You start to slowly climb the track to the shrine, checking on Simone every now and then to see how the Ralts is going. The psychic type is still unconscious, but it is still breathing so you know that your decision to stop the Ralts from dying was a good one. But how long it will last is still unknown to you. As you ponder over Ralt's condition the lava continues to slowly seep down the mountain. Looking up you see that it has already covered the very top of Mt Pele. The trail in front of you is crumbling away, with some parts of the trail already completely gone. Looking around this appears to be the only way to get to the shrine, and the trail doesn't look to stable at that. With the lava flowing down and the trail in front of you crumbling away it seems that getting to Pele's Shrine may be more difficult that you originally thought. And to make things worse it seems that a fleeing Skarmory has noticed the unconscious form of Ralts in Simone's mouth, and has decided that it wants it for itself. It is still a fair bit away but its picking up speed and may soon reach you.

What will you do?

fishyfool: Deciding upon a nickname for your Aipom you set off to get revenge on the men form Volcanity Inc, acknowledging that the men appear to be afraid of you. Setting off through the jungle, you are determined to make the men pay for what they did to the poor Finneon. With Jackie running by your side and Meteos floating by your side, you make quick progress through the rain forest, even though you are now pouring buckets of sweat. Soon, however, you need to take a break, and as you rest the sound of leaves rustling echoes through the forest. Ignoring this you continue to rest, until the sound gets closer. It continues to get closer until a Primeape bursts out of the forest. Its eyes were bright red and foam was bubbling out of its mouth, not good signs. Attached to its neck is a chain-like necklace with a giant red gem on it. The gem glows brightly before it shoots out a hologram of, surprise surprise, the two men that you are after.

"Listen up you little pain," says the stockier of the two men, "That little Finneon message should have been enough to show you that we mean serious business. But you don't seem to want to leave us alone. So we have decided to take matters into out own hands. This Primeape here has been whipped everyday and night for the last three weeks and it's a tad bit angry. So, have fun dealing with it."

With that the hologram disappears and the Primeape stares straight at you, with an insane look in its eyes before it charges.

What will you do?

Hayward: Ordering Medeo to rest and use Aqua Ring to help recover some health for later you release your Poochyena, Hyneo, from her ball. After issuing your commands Hyneo wastes no time in flicking up some sand with her tail, the Sand Attack impairing Krabby's vision. The crab tried to scrap some of the sand out of its eyes, but when it became apparent that it wasn't working Krabby stuck out its claw and shot out a Bubblebeam in Hyneo's direction. The pup simply leaps out of the way of the bubbles and charges at Krabby, her Tackle knocking the crab onto its back. As the Krabby struggles to prop itself back up Hyneo charges at it again with another Tackle. This time the Krabby is propelled backwards into a tree. Krabby uprights itself before shooting out another Bubblebeam at Hyneo. This time the attack hits the Poochyena and pushes the puppy back towards her trainer. Surprisingly quick the Krabby then proceeds to run at Poochyena and before she can do anything clamps one of its claws onto Hyneo's leg with a Vicegrip. The pain makes the puppy squeal as the Krabby's grip gets tighter and tighter before it lets go. Meanwhile Medeo gains a little bit of health from his earlier Aqua Ring. With her leg now impaired, it seems that Hyneo has to finish this battle soon her it might become worse.

What will you do?

Thanks for the speedy reply, and just so you know, Medeo is in one of the shops, so he is temporarily unusable.*

Quote Originally Posted by Food Guy View Post
    Okay, here are my first set of updates, here's to hoping that they are good enough. If there are any problems, just let me know via PM and I will fix them ASAP.

Hayward: Ordering Medeo to rest and use Aqua Ring to help recover some health for later you release your Poochyena, Hyneo, from her ball. After issuing your commands Hyneo wastes no time in flicking up some sand with her tail, the Sand Attack impairing Krabby's vision. The crab tried to scrap some of the sand out of its eyes, but when it became apparent that it wasn't working Krabby stuck out its claw and shot out a Bubblebeam in Hyneo's direction. The pup simply leaps out of the way of the bubbles and charges at Krabby, her Tackle knocking the crab onto its back. As the Krabby struggles to prop itself back up Hyneo charges at it again with another Tackle. This time the Krabby is propelled backwards into a tree. Krabby uprights itself before shooting out another Bubblebeam at Hyneo. This time the attack hits the Poochyena and pushes the puppy back towards her trainer. Surprisingly quick the Krabby then proceeds to run at Poochyena and before she can do anything clamps one of its claws onto Hyneo's leg with a Vicegrip. The pain makes the puppy squeal as the Krabby's grip gets tighter and tighter before it lets go. Meanwhile Medeo gains a little bit of health from his earlier Aqua Ring. With her leg now impaired, it seems that Hyneo has to finish this battle soon her it might become worse.

What will you do?
    Ben watched the events of battle unfold before his grey-green eyes, narrowed into slits in concentration. Hyneo had successfully impaired the wild Krabby’s vision with a vicious Sand Attack, before building up a head of steam, and slamming into the River Crab a full body Tackle. Wasting no time, Hyneo went after the slightly dazed Krabby again, only to be repelled by a highly-concentrated Beam of Bubbles. The Bubblebeam sent Hyneo skidding to a halt at Ben’s feet, and Ben noted that the Krabby was a powerful opponent indeed. Hollering encouragement to the little Bite Pokemon, Ben watched as the enemy Krabby scuttled over to Hyneo and Gripped her leg with all the strength of a Vice. Ben winced as he heard the wolfpup’s pained yelp, but on seeing the River Crab finally release Hyneo, he resumed his supportive cheering.

“Brilliant work so far, girl!” he exclaimed. “Go after Krabby again, but be careful not to knock it out!” The thought of making his first Pokemon capture filled Ben with excitement, but he also realized that with Hyneo’s bruised leg, she wouldn’t be able to last much longer. He rolled the Pokeball, around in his fingers, waiting for fate to provide him the perfect opportunity to toss it, as he issued his instructions. “Give Krabby a bit of Payback, then go with Shadow Claw. Be ready to defend with Protect at any time,” Ben directed the monochromatic Poochyena. Hyneo gave a bark of assent and Ben hoped for a good chance to try to catch Krabby…

Last edited by -Hayward-; 23rd May 2009 at 9:10 PM.

Hayward: Hyneo charged towards the Krabby, a dark aura surrounding her body. Krabby stared as the Poochyena ran towards it and just as Hyneo was about to connect with the crab, it releases a Bubblebeam. As the bubbles hit Hyneo, the aura around her body begins to intensify and when she connects with the Krabby the aura glows as some of the damage that Hyneo took is transferred due to the Payback. Before Krabby can recuperate Hyneo proceeds to slash at it with her Claw which is now enhanced with Shadow energy. Krabby screams out in pain as it collapses. The crab tries to get back up onto its legs, but is unable to due to the damage that it has taken. As Krabby tries to get up you calmly walk over to it and tap it on the head with your pokeball. Krabby is sucked in with little resistance and is nearly immediately captured. Congratulations you have caught a Lv 5 Male Krabby.

With Krabby caught you look around to see if anymore pokemon are going to show up. When you see that they have finally stopped coming to attack you, you give a sigh of relief. As you continue you patrol, you can't help but feel as if something bad is going on, but you just assume that it's because of the pokemon attacks. Soon your shift is over and you can return to base. When you get back to base, the feeling that something bad is going on returns, but once again you shrug it off. Once you get inside you head straight for the Lounge, but when you get there you find that's empty. Slightly unnerved by this you grab a magazine and sit down to read it when you hear an explosion coming from the Practice Room. Even though it could have just as easily been an pokemon using Explosion in a battle you rush to the room. As you open the door you see a giant hole in the middle of the room. You hear screams coming from the hole then you hear nothing. Even though you think that you shouldn't, you peer into the hole and see a metal tunnel, with blood smeared all over it. Whatever caused this would have to be enormous and dangerous, but you can't help but think that you should stop it, whatever it is.

What will you do?

Hayward: Hyneo charged towards the Krabby, a dark aura surrounding her body. Krabby stared as the Poochyena ran towards it and just as Hyneo was about to connect with the crab, it releases a Bubblebeam. As the bubbles hit Hyneo, the aura around her body begins to intensify and when she connects with the Krabby the aura glows as some of the damage that Hyneo took is transferred due to the Payback. Before Krabby can recuperate Hyneo proceeds to slash at it with her Claw which is now enhanced with Shadow energy. Krabby screams out in pain as it collapses. The crab tries to get back up onto its legs, but is unable to due to the damage that it has taken. As Krabby tries to get up you calmly walk over to it and tap it on the head with your pokeball. Krabby is sucked in with little resistance and is nearly immediately captured. Congratulations you have caught a Lv 5 Male Krabby.

With Krabby caught you look around to see if anymore pokemon are going to show up. When you see that they have finally stopped coming to attack you, you give a sigh of relief. As you continue you patrol, you can't help but feel as if something bad is going on, but you just assume that it's because of the pokemon attacks. Soon your shift is over and you can return to base. When you get back to base, the feeling that something bad is going on returns, but once again you shrug it off. Once you get inside you head straight for the Lounge, but when you get there you find that's empty. Slightly unnerved by this you grab a magazine and sit down to read it when you hear an explosion coming from the Practice Room. Even though it could have just as easily been an pokemon using Explosion in a battle you rush to the room. As you open the door you see a giant hole in the middle of the room. You hear screams coming from the hole then you hear nothing. Even though you think that you shouldn't, you peer into the hole and see a metal tunnel, with blood smeared all over it. Whatever caused this would have to be enormous and dangerous, but you can't help but think that you should stop it, whatever it is.

What will you do?

*OOC: I dropped Poochyena off at a shop, so I’m just returning her to her Pokeball.

On the Island of Cortoza, by the light of his phosphorescent, work-issued headlamp, the trainer Benjamin Hale watched as the recently cast Pokeball swayed back and forth hypnotically. Only moments ago, he had tossed the red and white capture capsule at a wild Krabby after it had engaged him and his companions in battle. After a brief skirmish between Krabby and the Poochyena, Hyneo, the River Crab had been sufficiently weakened, and seeing his chance, Ben had attempted to catch it. Holding his breath now, he anxiously waited to see if the aggressive crustacean inside would indeed be secured. Deet…Deet…Deet…DING! The red light in the center of the containment orb suddenly winked on, signaling the capture of Ben’s first Pokemon. Quickly rushing to the red and white sphere, Ben grasped it and lifted it high into the Cortoza sky. He let out a happy shout and danced around in the sand, Hyneo circling him, barking joyfully.

Clipping the Pokeball now housing Krabby to his belt, Ben swiftly glanced around to see if any more wild Pokemon would show up, but when none appeared he breathed out a grateful sigh. Still exhausted from his labors earlier, Medeo continued to recuperate with his back against a large rock, while the young wolfpup lay down in the sand wearily. She had had a good workout, too. Seeing his partners’ fatigue, Ben wasted no time in recalling the weary Meditite and the cheerful Poochyena. The remainder of Ben’s shift passed uneventfully, still the teenage trainer couldn’t shake the sense of foreboding that hung thick in the air around Volcanity, Inc. “I’ve got a bad feeling about this,” he remarked to the night. Nothing dreadful happened though, and he shrugged and grinned, “I suppose it’s nothing. After four wild Pokemon ambushes, I guess I’m just a little jittery.” He set off at a leisurely pace, resuming his patrol of the outer perimeter of the massive research facility, the soft padding of his white adidas running shoes the only sound echoing in the stillness.

Ben’s shift finally came to an end and he entered the sweeping foyer. As Ben passed through the automatic, sliding doors, he was once again suddenly struck by the feeling that something sinister was about to happen. He quickly surveyed the stately lobby with his grey-green eyes, half-expecting more wild Pokemon to jump out from behind the receptionist’s counter, but once again, nothing happened, and he noticed that nothing appeared out of place. He shook his head rapidly from side-to-side, trying to shake the sense of foreboding. “I must have worked too hard,” he muttered. “I’m becoming paranoid.” He said as he massaged his forehead with his right hand. “I need some rest.”

Wasting no time, Ben crossed the reception area and made his way down the hall to the lounge. The doors slid open without a sound, and Ben collapsed in the first reclining chair he saw. He needed something to take his thoughts off the events of his shift. He needed a mindless distraction. On a nearby table he spied a variety of different magazine scattered about haphazardly. Chronicling the latest happenings in world of Pokemon, they bore names like Johto’s Next Top Coordinator, FB Timeout, The Visionary Glade, and Flip My Base. Never having been a fan of gossip, Ben reached out and grabbed one with an advertisement for custom Pokedexes on the cover. “Now YOU can Choose the Color of Your Dreams!” it said. But he didn’t really feel like reading, so he just flipped through the pages instead, skimming with only mild interest. He really hoped that the specifications, details, and technological comparisons might bore him to sleep.

Just as his eyelids were becoming too heavy to keep open any longer, the lounge was rocked by a loud explosion coming from the Practice Room. So near to Dream Land, Ben initially wanted to dismiss the disturbance as the sound of a friendly battle; but his premonition of danger suddenly gnawed at him, and he decided to check it out. Tossing the magazine carelessly onto the table, he rushed out of the Lounge and towards the Practice Room, his heart beating faster as he neared the door, unsure of what he might find there.

Ben’s eyes popped out as he entered the chamber and was greeted by the sight of a gapping hole in the far wall. Screams from the yawning opening reverberated around the room and he bolted in shock. In an instant, though the room was silent and Ben let out a sudden gasp. Wearing a startled expression, Ben crossed to the tunnel and hesitantly peered in, inspecting the jagged edges. Glancing around nervously, Ben wondered what could have made such an enormous hole in the laboratory’s metal wall. He took a careful step into the tunnel, and bolted in shock for the second time, when he immediately spied the blood covering the walls.

Standing in the entrance of the tunnel, Ben continued gaze off uneasily down the passageway, trying to identify the source of the screams. He lingered for another moment at the passage’s threshold, fully expecting one of the other security guards from Volcanity, Inc. to arrive on the scene, and provide back-up. When no one came though, Ben decided that if he didn’t do something quickly, it might be too late. If he didn’t act now, he might not get a second chance.

Wearing a determined look, Ben set off at a trot down the tunnel in the direction of the screams, hoping it wasn’t too late to stop whatever had created the huge hole, and to save whoever had been screaming in the tunnel earlier…

Tale: Not willing to let the Ralts die in such an inglorious death you motion for Simone to pick up the psychic-type pokemon in her jaws. Carefully picking up Ralts, Simone follows you to the entrance, both of you intent on making it to the shrine. As you make your way out you notice that the rumbling has gotten worse and many pokemon, ranging from the small fry such as Sandshrew and Slugma to the big guns such a Rhyperior and Magmortar, are running away from the volcano. You feel slightly unnerved by this, but it isn't enough to deter you from doing what you can here to do. You start to slowly climb the track to the shrine, checking on Simone every now and then to see how the Ralts is going. The psychic type is still unconscious, but it is still breathing so you know that your decision to stop the Ralts from dying was a good one. But how long it will last is still unknown to you. As you ponder over Ralt's condition the lava continues to slowly seep down the mountain. Looking up you see that it has already covered the very top of Mt Pele. The trail in front of you is crumbling away, with some parts of the trail already completely gone. Looking around this appears to be the only way to get to the shrine, and the trail doesn't look to stable at that. With the lava flowing down and the trail in front of you crumbling away it seems that getting to Pele's Shrine may be more difficult that you originally thought. And to make things worse it seems that a fleeing Skarmory has noticed the unconscious form of Ralts in Simone's mouth, and has decided that it wants it for itself. It is still a fair bit away but its picking up speed and may soon reach you.

What will you do?
    Thanks again for taking us on, Pika - and thank you for the swift updating. I'm greatly looking forward to this =).

The incessant rumbling drummed like an ache on his mind, and it was with forced composure that Oscar abandoned the terrible occurrences he’d recently witnessed and proceeded back towards the cave’s entrance, climbing back through the secret passage and glancing with a renewed clarity on the symbols that lined the walls. The rumble began to intensify.

“Prepare yourself, Simone,” Oscar warned his indifferent canine as she slowly tailed with the unconscious psychic creature clutched softly in her jaws. As he emerged, the heat struck him again like a wall. Perhaps it was the presumption of Pele’s eruption, but Oscar was swiftly overcome by a certainty that the heat had intensified since his initial trek. Yet, with all the currently dire considerations at hand, he rapidly subdued any urge to reconsider his plan with the stalwartness he’d always shown to the fruitfulness of peril. Whatever the danger, its eventual defeat would yield the most rewarding of outcomes, of that Oscar was certain.

He glanced up the volcano’s acclivity with a frown. Descending the rocky slope were a vast variety of species, each terrified by the wrath of the mountain’s god, each seemingly unaccustomed to the situation in which they’d found themselves suddenly thrust. Oscar glanced back at the Ralts in Simone’s grip, the seeming perpetrator of the eruption, and speculated over how a creature so minute could trigger a chaos of such overwhelming magnitude. Temporarily concluding to dismiss the issue, he wasted no more time on contemplation, and began to climb the volcano’s trail with determination.

As he clambered up the slope once more, attempting to overcome the overwhelming heat of the atmosphere, Oscar turned to Simone, who lingered behind with the Ralts in her jaws. As she approached, Oscar patted her head gently before taking the Ralts from her grasp and holding the creature in his own arms. “You’ll require your dexterity, Simone, of that I am certain,” he said to the dark hound, signalling for her to lead the way up the gradually deteriorating trail. Ahead, the relentless burning substance slowly ate through the path and threatened to swallow Oscar and his companions in its unyielding descent. “Were I to turn now, we’d certainly never make the base before being consumed by this lava. Our only hope, Simone, is that we reach this shrine.” Almost at the moment Oscar uttered his encouragement, he recognised the steely glint of a Skarmory high in the sky having certainly eyed the Ralts he currently held firmly in his arms.

“What misfortune. Simone, run for it!” Oscar cried. They needed to reach the shrine imminently if chance was to lean in their favour on this occasion. He carefully watched the creeping lava, conscious of its proximity.

“Simone, if that bird up there at any point decides to swoop in on us, give it a Psywave and Will-o-wisp, attempt to drive it away. We need to reach that shrine now.”

Clutching the Ralts to his chest, Oscar continued with a steadfast glare. He would not retreat now, not until the lava was at his feet.

Hayward: Deciding that if you don't go through the tunnel that it might be too late, you step back into the tunnel. Trotting down the tunnel, you notice that it is very long and bland, with the scenery around not changing. You walk for about ten minutes before you hear footsteps. You quickly run towards the noise, and see a woman in a white lab coat running. She has blood smeared over her coat and arms, and looks terrified. She soon notices you and grabs you arm.

"Please help us," she sobbed, "It got loose and now I don't know what to do!"

After she said that the woman notices your look of confusion about what is going on.

"We here at Volcanity Inc have been developing the perfect pokemon. It was to be the perfect specimen, and it would have made use millions. But something went wrong, horribly wrong," she started to explain. "We needed DNA for it and the only available source was the local pokemon. I knew then that we should have stopped, but I didn't listen to myself and continued the project. We killed hundreds of pokemon for their DNA, and when we finally combined it all, it all went wrong. The DNA wasn't being fully accepted and it drove our perfect pokemon insane. It broke free and I was one of the only people to escape. The others sacrificed themselves to make sure that the creature didn't escape from the Practice Room. It isn't an evil monster, it is just a confused pokemon and I don't want to see it get hurt, but something has to be done about it..."

At that last sentence she breaks down and starts to cry and looks up at you with tear stained eyes.

"Please will you help me with putting it out of its misery?" she asks.

What will you do?

Tale: Determined not to give up you continue to run along the path, with the Skarmory closing in on you. You seem to be getting along the path with no difficulty, until you take a step and the path underneath you crumbles away. You quickly start to plunge, but you manage to grab hold of the path. You quickly pull yourself up, only to nearly fall down again when Skarmory swoops you. Seeing the Skarmory, Simone focuses her attention on it and sends a series of purple rings towards it. Skarmory lets out a loud squawk before diving towards the dog pokemon. The Psywave simply disappears as Skarmory passes through them and sprays a shower of stars at Simone. She tries to dodge the Swift but is unable to as the stars follow her. As the stars collide with Simone she accidentally lets go of the Ralts in her mouth.

Skarmory sees this and swoops down towards the unconscious pokemon, but before it can get to Ralts, Simone shoots a small fireball out of her mouth. The fireball slams into the steel bird and gives it a small burn, which is enough of a distraction for Simone to run in and grab Ralts again. But Skarmory still hasn't given up on getting the Ralts. As it swoops down at Simone again, it releases another Swift. Once again the stars collide with Simone, but this time she doesn't drop Ralts. As you watch all this going on you look up and notice that the lava has started to flow fast and is starting to get close to you.

What will you do?

fishyfool: Deciding upon a nickname for your Aipom you set off to get revenge on the men form Volcanity Inc, acknowledging that the men appear to be afraid of you. Setting off through the jungle, you are determined to make the men pay for what they did to the poor Finneon. With Jackie running by your side and Meteos floating by your side, you make quick progress through the rain forest, even though you are now pouring buckets of sweat. Soon, however, you need to take a break, and as you rest the sound of leaves rustling echoes through the forest. Ignoring this you continue to rest, until the sound gets closer. It continues to get closer until a Primeape bursts out of the forest. Its eyes were bright red and foam was bubbling out of its mouth, not good signs. Attached to its neck is a chain-like necklace with a giant red gem on it. The gem glows brightly before it shoots out a hologram of, surprise surprise, the two men that you are after.

"Listen up you little pain," says the stockier of the two men, "That little Finneon message should have been enough to show you that we mean serious business. But you don't seem to want to leave us alone. So we have decided to take matters into out own hands. This Primeape here has been whipped everyday and night for the last three weeks and it's a tad bit angry. So, have fun dealing with it."

With that the hologram disappears and the Primeape stares straight at you, with an insane look in its eyes before it charges.

What will you do?
    As the three continued through the undergrowth, Jamie leaking sweat by the bucketload and Jackie following at a swift pace, Jamie gave a quick glance towards Meteos, who seemed to be thinking about something. Remembering that said Lunatone was defeated by a chimp, he thought that the meteorite pokemon was perhaps a little jealous of the current ape situation, with him being outnumbered three to one. Shrugging it off, the trio halted for a rest on a nearby thicket, and a rustle of leaves caught Jamie's attention. Taking the rustle to likely be a pokemon running through the woods, he ignored it until said creature bounded through the plantlife, revealing itself to be a Primeape.

Recognising it, Jamie thought back to what it was that was said about the species, and gulped a little as the info surfaced: Primeape were consistently angry, and looking into the eyes of one would make it spite you until the day it dies. The foam around its mouth dripped in front of a large gem, which came to light to reveal two familiar faces as Jamie gave a low growl at Spovelli and his associate. Listening to their words, he kept his determined leer at the hologram, showing no fear towards the men, and upon hearing the poor monkey's fate, felt slight sympathy for the chimp.

"Jackie, those guys are the reason that Ambipom attacked you," Jamie whispered to the Aipom, who scampered up his back and peeked fearfully as the crazed Pig Monkey began to charge for him. Turning his head towards Meteos, Jamie gave a small grin and a nod as the Lunatone's eyes flared up in preparation for battle.

"Meteos, it's time for you to show this monkey who's boss. Start by scrambling his brain with some confusion, then while he's wincing, take advantage of the fact that Primeape are physical creatures by hardening yourself, before pushing him back with a burst of earth power."

The Meteorite pokemon gave a small nod, seemingly giving a vicious grin before turning to the incoming threat. He had been shamed once before by a chimp, he shall have his revenge.

FB

Hayward: Deciding that if you don't go through the tunnel that it might be too late, you step back into the tunnel. Trotting down the tunnel, you notice that it is very long and bland, with the scenery around not changing. You walk for about ten minutes before you hear footsteps. You quickly run towards the noise, and see a woman in a white lab coat running. She has blood smeared over her coat and arms, and looks terrified. She soon notices you and grabs you arm.

"Please help us," she sobbed, "It got loose and now I don't know what to do!"

After she said that the woman notices your look of confusion about what is going on.

"We here at Volcanity Inc have been developing the perfect pokemon. It was to be the perfect specimen, and it would have made use millions. But something went wrong, horribly wrong," she started to explain. "We needed DNA for it and the only available source was the local pokemon. I knew then that we should have stopped, but I didn't listen to myself and continued the project. We killed hundreds of pokemon for their DNA, and when we finally combined it all, it all went wrong. The DNA wasn't being fully accepted and it drove our perfect pokemon insane. It broke free and I was one of the only people to escape. The others sacrificed themselves to make sure that the creature didn't escape from the Practice Room. It isn't an evil monster, it is just a confused pokemon and I don't want to see it get hurt, but something has to be done about it..."

At that last sentence she breaks down and starts to cry and looks up at you with tear stained eyes.

"Please will you help me with putting it out of its misery?" she asks.

What will you do?

His mind made up to lend whatever assistance he could, Ben set off a trot down the tunnel, his heart racing in his chest at what he might find at the end. Travel down the tunnel passed uneventfully, the passageway the epitome of sameness. Ben had gone a little over a kilometre and a half without much change in scenery, and was just beginning to think maybe he was too late after all to help when, at just that moment, he heard the faint sound of footsteps running in his direction. He stopped and instinctively reached towards his belt, waiting for the figure to clearly come into view. His grey-green eyes popped right out of his head when he saw the female researcher running straight towards him, panic and worry etched upon her face. Ben noticed that her white lab coat was covered with splattered blood and bolted in alarm at the sight. When he fully recovered from his initial shock, he wondered if the blood belonged to her or someone else…

Tightly clutching hold of Ben’s arm, she spoke, sobbing. "Please help us. It got loose and now I don't know what to do!" Confused, Ben regarded the woman, a quizzical expression on his face.

"We here at Volcanity Inc have been developing the perfect Pokemon. It was to be the perfect specimen, and it would have made use millions. But something went wrong, horribly wrong," she explain as Ben listened attentively. "We needed DNA for it and the only available source was the local Pokemon.” Ben’s mind raced as the woman spoke. DNA splicing and manipulation. Genetic engineering. Pokemon experimentation. Well, that explains all the wild Pokemon attacks, Ben thought to himself ruefully. The wild Pokemon must have been attacking in an effort to get the scientists to stop testing.

“I knew then that we should have stopped, but I didn't listen to myself and continued the project,” the woman continued. “We killed hundreds of Pokemon for their DNA, and when we finally combined it all, it all went wrong. The DNA wasn't being fully accepted and it drove our perfect Pokemon insane. It broke free and I was one of the only people to escape. The others sacrificed themselves to make sure that the creature didn't escape from the Practice Room. It isn't an evil monster, it is just a confused Pokemon and I don't want to see it get hurt, but something has to be done about it..." Overcome with grief and emotion, the woman broke down and began weeping, causing Ben to bolt in shock.

"Please will you help me with putting it out of its misery?" the female scientist asked, her eyes wet with tears.

“What do you mean by ‘Put it out of its… misery?’” Ben asked, hesitation clearly evident in his voice. “I’ll help you, but I’m not good at killing…” For a moment, Ben’s mind drifted back to a time a few years before, when he had still been a member of the gang, Red Gyarados. In his memory, he was in a darkened bedroom, standing in front of a king-sized bed, staring at its sleeping occupant. He and his Meditite partner had been sent here, along with other gang members, on a mission to assassinate the leader of a rival syndicate. He had made it as far as the rival boss’s bedroom, yet as he gazed upon the figure resting peacefully in the lavishly-decorated bed, he couldn’t bring himself to do the task he’d been assigned. Taking the life of another creature was a line he knew he could never cross. His decision was not without cost however, as his failure to carry out his own boss’s orders had resulted in severe punishment. At a crossroads in his life, he had chosen to leave his past behind and start over fresh. Ultimately, that night was the reason he and Medeo had traveled to this curious new land, in order to begin a new life.

Ben glanced at the blood smeared across the front of the female scientist’s white lab coat. This Pokemon was obviously dangerous, very dangerous. Probably more dangerous than what he could handle. The woman had said that the others had sacrificed themselves to prevent its escape, Ben didn’t know if that meant they were dead or not. If so, then when he and his companions faced this Pokemon, one, or all of them, might be next. It was a prospect he didn’t enjoy. How could he put his friends in harm’s way like that? On the other hand, if they didn’t try something, who else would? If this Pokemon was allowed to run free, there was no telling how many other innocent lives it might endanger. Ben let out a sigh as he realized once again, that he didn’t really have a choice. He didn’t know what he woud do, but he knew he would at least have to try. Massaging his forehead with his right hand, he briefly introduced himself as Ben Hale and firmly stated, “I’ll help you, but first please tell me all you know about this Pokemon. I need to know everything about it so I can try to come up with a plan.” Ben’s grey-green gaze fell once again on the crimson stain on the scientist’s jacket. “But we better hurry, you can explain it all on the way.”

Last edited by -Hayward-; 30th May 2009 at 12:35 AM.

Fishyfool: As you give Meteos his orders the Primeape charges towards the floating stone. It raises its arm and slams it down on Meteos, its Karate Chop not doing as much damage due to Meteos' Psychic typing. The Lunatone responds to this with a Confusion, his eyes glowing purple before Meteos sends a small purple beam towards Primeape. The attack hits Primeape and soon Meteos is in Primeape's mind. As Primeape momentarily loses control of its body, Meteos glowed before his rock body became even harder due to Harden. Breaking from Meteos' control Primeape grabs the Lunatone, its eyes filled with absolute rage. As Meteos struggles to get free of the Primeape's grip, the monkey jumps up into the air and throws him towards the ground with a forceful Seismic Toss. Meteos slams into the ground with a sickening THUD.

You look on in horror as Meteos lays on the ground unmoving, but relief washes over you when he slowly starts to get up. As he gets up Meteos also starts to glow orange and the moment Primeape touches down on the ground Meteos lets loose with his Earthpower. A crack forms in the ground and as it reaches the monkey pokemon, the ground literally explodes. Primeape is sent flying as rocks and pieces of the earth pelt it and stops when it is sent into a tree. The Primeape doesn't get back up. Level up for Meteos

Walking over to the fallen simian, you ponder that if Primeape hadn't been relentlessly abused, that it could have possibly beaten Meteos quite easily. You quickly disperse this thought and are about to leave when Primeape begins to scream. You look back and see that there is a bright red light coming out of Primeape's stomach. You quickly come to the conclusion that it's another laser, but this time the victim is still alive. Soon the Primeape falls silent, and the laser finishes its work. You look at the now deceased pokemon's stomach and see that there is a message on it.

So you were able to defeat Primeape, oh well it was nice and disposable it reads But this is just the tip of the iceberg. You will not get in our way and we will do anything to stop you!

The message is clearly a threat, and the men have ended up killing another pokemon to try and deter you.

What will you do?

Hayward: The woman was let out a sigh of relief as you agree to help her. She grabs your arm and pulls you along with her.

"The pokemon is a mixture of all different pokemon. It's shape never stays the same due to all the unstable DNA in it, so it is constantly shifting. The last time I saw it the creature had the body of a Krabby, the antennae of a Chinchou, the arms of a Corphish and the legs of of something that I couldn't identify.," says the woman.

You look at her with disbelief, it must have a definite shape, but she continues on.

"It's power is immense and any normal pokemon won't be able to defeat it. But we did make a back up plan."

The woman puts her free hand into one of the pockets in her jacket and pulls out a needle. Inside the needle is a glowing liquid which is a bright turquoise.

"This is will allow any pokemon to gain enough strength on par with that of the creature, but it will only last so long. There is also the fact that we haven't ever tested this out so using this injection might be harmful to the pokemon that it is used on," she says.

The scientist is about to continue when you both hear a massive roar. You look forward and see a long tentacle slithering towards you. The woman looks at it with horror before it shoots forward and grabs her legs. Just before it grabs her the woman shoves the needle into your hand before the tentacle yanks her away. You watch in horror as she disappears and then a loud scream of pain echoes throughout the tunnel.

It appears that the creature is just around the corner and with the needle of glowing liquid in your hand you must make a decision to fight it or run.

What will you do?

Hayward: The woman was let out a sigh of relief as you agree to help her. She grabs your arm and pulls you along with her.

"The pokemon is a mixture of all different pokemon. It's shape never stays the same due to all the unstable DNA in it, so it is constantly shifting. The last time I saw it the creature had the body of a Krabby, the antennae of a Chinchou, the arms of a Corphish and the legs of of something that I couldn't identify.," says the woman.

You look at her with disbelief, it must have a definite shape, but she continues on.

"It's power is immense and any normal pokemon won't be able to defeat it. But we did make a back up plan."

The woman puts her free hand into one of the pockets in her jacket and pulls out a needle. Inside the needle is a glowing liquid which is a bright turquoise.

"This is will allow any pokemon to gain enough strength on par with that of the creature, but it will only last so long. There is also the fact that we haven't ever tested this out so using this injection might be harmful to the pokemon that it is used on," she says.

The scientist is about to continue when you both hear a massive roar. You look forward and see a long tentacle slithering towards you. The woman looks at it with horror before it shoots forward and grabs her legs. Just before it grabs her the woman shoves the needle into your hand before the tentacle yanks her away. You watch in horror as she disappears and then a loud scream of pain echoes throughout the tunnel.

It appears that the creature is just around the corner and with the needle of glowing liquid in your hand you must make a decision to fight it or run.

What will you do?
    In an access tunnel leading off the enormous research facility, Volcanity, Inc., on the Island of Cortoza, the distraught female scientist eagerly awaited Ben’s response. As Ben nodded his agreement, the woman breathed out a grateful sigh and tightly clutched hold of his forearm in her thankful excitement. Ben briefly winced, but listened intently as she dragged him down the tunnel by the wrist, quickly explaining the situation.

"The Pokemon is a mixture of all different Pokemon. It's shape never stays the same due to all the unstable DNA in it, so it is constantly shifting. The last time I saw it, the creature had the body of a Krabby, the antennae of a Chinchou, the arms of a Corphish and the legs of something that I couldn't identify,” she stated, causing Ben to stop in his tracks and bolt in shock at the description of the genetically-altered creature. Wearing an expression of absolute bewilderment, he turned to the woman, but she continued on, dragging him along again and remarking, “Its power is immense and any normal Pokemon won’t be able to defeat it. But we did make a back up plan.”

Reaching into one of the pockets of her white lab coat, the female researcher quickly withdrew a syringe and held it up for Ben to see. “This will allow any Pokemon to gain enough strength on par with that creature, but it will only last so long. There is also the fact that we haven’t ever tested this out, so using this injection might be harmful to the Pokemon that it is used on,” she said, as Ben stared wide-eyed at the brilliantly-shining, turquoise liquid sloshing around inside the translucent container.

Ben opened his mouth to ask the scientist a few questions about the “experimental liquid,” when a deafening roar suddenly shook the tunnel walls, interrupting him and causing him to instinctively cover his ears. The female researcher wore a terrified expression as she watched one of the creature’s tentacles snaking around a bend in the tunnel and straight towards them. Seeing it swiftly approaching, the frightened woman quickly pressed the container into Ben’s outstretched palm. A split second later, the tentacle wrapped itself around her leg and violently dragged her away.

Everything happened so rapidly. All Ben could do was watch in horror as the woman disappeared around the bend. There was no time to think; all he could do was react. He had to try to save the woman. Hoping he wasn’t too late, Ben hurriedly stuffed the hypodermic into the brown, canvas messenger bag slung over his shoulder and dashed off after her down the passageway, the woman’s pained screams echoing in his ears…

Last edited by -Hayward-; 31st May 2009 at 4:21 AM.

Tale: Determined not to give up you continue to run along the path, with the Skarmory closing in on you. You seem to be getting along the path with no difficulty, until you take a step and the path underneath you crumbles away. You quickly start to plunge, but you manage to grab hold of the path. You quickly pull yourself up, only to nearly fall down again when Skarmory swoops you. Seeing the Skarmory, Simone focuses her attention on it and sends a series of purple rings towards it. Skarmory lets out a loud squawk before diving towards the dog pokemon. The Psywave simply disappears as Skarmory passes through them and sprays a shower of stars at Simone. She tries to dodge the Swift but is unable to as the stars follow her. As the stars collide with Simone she accidentally lets go of the Ralts in her mouth.

Skarmory sees this and swoops down towards the unconscious pokemon, but before it can get to Ralts, Simone shoots a small fireball out of her mouth. The fireball slams into the steel bird and gives it a small burn, which is enough of a distraction for Simone to run in and grab Ralts again. But Skarmory still hasn't given up on getting the Ralts. As it swoops down at Simone again, it releases another Swift. Once again the stars collide with Simone, but this time she doesn't drop Ralts. As you watch all this going on you look up and notice that the lava has started to flow fast and is starting to get close to you.

What will you do?
    Thank you, Pika. Sorry I took so long with this, I'll be swifter in a few week's time, I promise.

The progressively deteriorating pathway rendered Oscar exhausted in his persistent attempt to scale it, with the stifling heat pressing down on his weary muscles with every strain they sustain, augmenting the severity of his fatigue. The swift closure of distance between them and the Skarmory struck anxiety in his heart, and as its resistant swoop through Simone’s psybeam permitted the unhindered barrage of a swift to strike the hound and throw the psychic from her jaws, Oscar clambered for the Ralts himself. Fortunately, Simone’s swift retaliation and repossession of the tumbling Ralts proved successful, and Oscar’s attempts rendered pointless. Through eyes half-shut with hot stinging sweat, Oscar gazed up the path and recognised the liquid volatility of the ever-approaching pools of lava.

“Simone, the situation, as anticipated, has become dire. First of all, hand me the Ralts - you need your jaws. Take a few seconds to ascertain a Nasty Plot before, when the Skarmory swoops near, you feed it a Thunder Fang and lend it some Embers as a parting gift,” Oscar snapped his hand to his pocket, withdrawing the ball which contained Friedrich, his shadowy Corphish. “I cannot bare this heat any longer…” Oscar flipped the ball open, and in a flash of light released his companion, who responded to the stifling atmosphere with agitated clipping of his pincers. “Friedrich, begin by establishing some Hail to aid in assuaging this unbearable heat. Then sustain your caution, for if the lava draws dangerously close, I’ll need you to slow its progression with a powerful Ice Beam. All the while, follow us up this path.” With his determination unwavering, Oscar reached out for Simone to hand him the Ralts.

Fishyfool: As you give Meteos his orders the Primeape charges towards the floating stone. It raises its arm and slams it down on Meteos, its Karate Chop not doing as much damage due to Meteos' Psychic typing. The Lunatone responds to this with a Confusion, his eyes glowing purple before Meteos sends a small purple beam towards Primeape. The attack hits Primeape and soon Meteos is in Primeape's mind. As Primeape momentarily loses control of its body, Meteos glowed before his rock body became even harder due to Harden. Breaking from Meteos' control Primeape grabs the Lunatone, its eyes filled with absolute rage. As Meteos struggles to get free of the Primeape's grip, the monkey jumps up into the air and throws him towards the ground with a forceful Seismic Toss. Meteos slams into the ground with a sickening THUD.

You look on in horror as Meteos lays on the ground unmoving, but relief washes over you when he slowly starts to get up. As he gets up Meteos also starts to glow orange and the moment Primeape touches down on the ground Meteos lets loose with his Earthpower. A crack forms in the ground and as it reaches the monkey pokemon, the ground literally explodes. Primeape is sent flying as rocks and pieces of the earth pelt it and stops when it is sent into a tree. The Primeape doesn't get back up. Level up for Meteos

Walking over to the fallen simian, you ponder that if Primeape hadn't been relentlessly abused, that it could have possibly beaten Meteos quite easily. You quickly disperse this thought and are about to leave when Primeape begins to scream. You look back and see that there is a bright red light coming out of Primeape's stomach. You quickly come to the conclusion that it's another laser, but this time the victim is still alive. Soon the Primeape falls silent, and the laser finishes its work. You look at the now deceased pokemon's stomach and see that there is a message on it.

So you were able to defeat Primeape, oh well it was nice and disposable it reads But this is just the tip of the iceberg. You will not get in our way and we will do anything to stop you!

The message is clearly a threat, and the men have ended up killing another pokemon to try and deter you.

What will you do?

Watching the battle unfold, Jamie was thankful for the psychic pokemon's resistance to fighting moves as the karate chop barely left a mark on him before said ape was clutching its head in pain, the confusion messing with its mind while Meteos prepared himself for physical onslaught by hardening his body to a sheen, just as the furious pig monkey grabbed him and launched him into the ground with a painful thud.

At first worried, Jamie remembered that Seismic Toss didn't take resistances into value, only immunities, but thankfully the Lunatone rose slowly before the bewildered ape and responded to his gaiakinetic meeting by giving his own to the furious chimp, the Primeape slamming into a tree before attempting to rise, before failing. Frowning as he walked over to it, Jackie giving it a curious look, Jamie sighed. 'If the idiots hadn't thrashed said Primeape for the past three weeks, it'd have had a much better chance of winning, although Meteos would still have made a monkey out of it...'

Turning away from the chimp, giving a small apology for the treatment it suffered, he began to leave when said Primeape gave a scream as Meteos turned to face it, and as Jamie's sight lined with the laser within, he realised that this time, their messenger was still alive in an act of undeniable barbacity. As the ape fell silent, and as Jackie watched in horror, another message emerged from the stomach of the deceased simian, one which resulted in the nearby environment hearing a very bad word very loudly.

"No pokemon is ever disposable, you idiots! I'll see to it that your asses are tanned before long, and your little scheme in tatters!" Jamie roared into the air as Jackie stared at him, rather bewildered at the human's sudden outburst as Meteos seemed to give a slight glow of meagre fulfilment. Turning to the Lunatone, who merely nodded, the three continued onwards, after a little burst of psychic energy closed the eyes of the fallen pokemon.

No amount of bloodshed will keep me from destroying their lives. If anything, it'll serve only to incite my anger...

FB

Sorry for the late updates and due to inactivity I'm no longer updating Atlantis_Kid.

Hayward: As you run down the tunnel, you hope that you can save the scientist. As you turn the corner, you are surprised to see that there is nothing there, no sign of the creature and no sign of the scientist. As you look around cautiously, your foot steps into something sticky. Gulping, you look down at you foot and see that you have stepped in something that looks surprising like blood. You try to take a step back, but as you do the tentacle from before shoots out of nowhere and grabs you by the leg. You scream as you are pulled backwards, and your head hits the ground. Darkness takes over and the last thing you see is the top of the tunnel.

Soon you awaken with a splitting headache. As you get up, you see a horrific sight. Right in front of you is the broken body of the scientist. She appears to have been beaten to death and one of her arms is missing. You stare at the sight before you in horror, before, out of the corner of your eye, you see something move. You spin around, and to your surprise, you see the scientist. However, she seems a bit different, her arms look too big and she appears to have gone up a couple of bra sizes. You continue to stare at the scientist, and then you see something absolutely horrifying. The scientist’s skin colour slowly changes to bright red, and then her entire body begins to inflate until she literally bursts. Left in her place is a creature that resembled a Crawdaunt, but had the a pair of Tentacruel tentacles poking out of its back, the claws of a Kingler and the legs of a Rapidash. It glares at you before it releases a Bubblebeam at you. You quickly jump out of the way, but it looks like the creature is intent on making sure that you never leave the tunnel.

What will you do?

Tale: As you give Simone her orders, you take the Ralts out of her mouth. The dark-type runs towards the metallic bird, thinking of a really Nasty Plot as she does so. Skarmory shrieks at Simone before it sends a Swift Simone's way. The dog leaps up, several of the spinning stars connecting with her body, and bites into Skarmory's wing, the electricity of Simone's Thunder Fang surging through the metal bird's body. It shrieks in rage before it begins to flap it wing. The wing slowly begins to glow, and with one swift motion Simone is slammed into the ground by an Air Cutter. Simone gets back onto her feet and opens her mouth, and with one breath, sends out several large fireballs. The fireballs slam into Skarmory, and it shrieks in pain before it begins to fall. You watch as the bird falls out of your vision before putting you mind back to the task at hand. Level up for Simone.

You throw a ball up into the air and when it connects with the ground a shadowy Corphish materializes. You quickly tell Friedrich that you can't stand the heat, and the Corphish raises his claw and sends out an icy pulse into the air which causes it to Hail. With the hail falling from the sky, the temperature seems to have gone down a bit, but you still hurry along the path. You look up and see that the lava is starting to get quite close to you, and after a quick order, Friedrich sends out an Ice Beam that covers it in a thin layer of ice. With the ice temporarily stopping the lava you are finally able to get to the shrine. once you get there you see a giant statue of Pele.

What will you do?

Fishyfool: Even more enraged at the men, you continue long the path to their base. As you walk along you can't help but notice that the forest around you is actually getting more and more sparse, and the calls of wild pokemon have stopped. Even though you can tell that this is a bad sign you continue on, you have to stop these men so that they can't inflict anymore damage onto innocent pokemon. After a little while of walking you stop to take a little break, the humidity in the area feels like its rising and now your shirt is absolutely drenched. As you sit down you hear a distant rumbling, and it sounds like it's coming towards you. Right next to you Jackie seems to have become very agitated, yelling out in fear at what was coming. Even though Jackie appears to be afraid, you look on confidently as a large Humvee rolls up.

As the driver gets out he looks at you with a devious grin and pulls out what looks to be a rocket launcher. He fires the launcher, but instead of a rocket bursting out a large net did. The net just misses you and instead wraps around Jackie. The little monkey screams her head off as she is dragged back towards the man. The driver quickly shoves your pokemon into the back of the Humvee and drives away, leaving you in shock at Jackie being taken. This is obviously a ploy masterminded by the men.

What will you do?

Hayward: As you run down the tunnel, you hope that you can save the scientist. As you turn the corner, you are surprised to see that there is nothing there, no sign of the creature and no sign of the scientist. As you look around cautiously, your foot steps into something sticky. Gulping, you look down at your foot and see that you have stepped in something that looks surprisingly like blood. You try to take a step back, but as you do the tentacle from before shoots out of nowhere and grabs you by the leg. You scream as you are pulled backwards and your head hits the ground. Darkness takes over and the last thing you see is the top of the tunnel.

Soon you awaken with a splitting headache. As you get up, you see a horrific sight. Right in front of you is the broken body of the scientist. She appears to have been beaten to death and one of her arms is missing. You stare at the sight before you in horror, before, out of the corner of your eye, you see something move. You spin around, and to your surprise, you see the scientist. However, she seems a bit different, her arms look too big and she appears to have gone up a couple of bra sizes. You continue to stare at the scientist, and then you see something absolutely horrifying. The scientist’s skin colour slowly changes to bright red, and then her entire body begins to inflate until she literally bursts. Left in her place is a creature that resembled a Crawdaunt, but had the a pair of Tentacruel tentacles poking out of its back, the claws of a Kingler and the legs of a Rapidash. It glares at you before it releases a Bubblebeam at you. You quickly jump out of the way, but it looks like the creature is intent on making sure that you never leave the tunnel.

What will you do?

On the Island of Cortoza, the Trainer Benjamin Hale raced down the tunnel, searching for the abducted female scientist. His mind raced as he thought back on her words that the creature was not evil, just scared. Rounding the bend, Ben discovered that the tunnel appeared to be empty. He put on a surprised look and dragged a hand through his short, brown hair. He had expected to find the creature and the scientist here, but the two were nowhere to be found. All senses on high alert, Ben slowed his pace and suspiciously eyed his surroundings.

A squelching sound suddenly informed him that he had stepped in something sticky. Quickly glancing down at his white, adidas running shoes, Ben realized that he had just strode through a crimson puddle of blood. Ben gulped as he quickly began backpedaling, but at that moment a lightening quick tentacle came shooting out of the darkness, wrapped around his ankle, and viciously pulled him to the ground. Everything happened so fast that Ben didn’t have the time to react or even try to slow his fall. All he could do was shout in surprise. With a thud! the back of Ben’s head slammed into the tunnel floor. His eyes glossed over as the ceiling slowly faded from view and his world dissolved into blackness.

Sometime later, Ben’s grey-green eyes blinked open as he woke with a start. Where was he? How did he get there? How long had he been unconscious? And why did he have such a splitting headache? The questions swirled inside his brain like a cyclone and made his already aching cranium hurt worse. Massaging his forehead, Ben sat up and quickly scanned his surroundings. Almost immediately his gaze fell upon the mangled body of the female scientist lying nearby. Missing an arm and apparently bludgeoned to death, the gruesome state of her corpse made Ben bolt in horror. Suddenly, his memory came flooding back to him. He had followed the scientist hoping to stop the creature and save her, but now it was too late. He had failed to rescue her and hadn’t found the creature.

At that instant, a slight movement caught Ben’s attention. He had only glimpsed it from the corner of his eye, but felt certain it must be his quarry. Head still throbbing, he instantly sprang to his feet, and whirled about to get a better look, but it had vanished. Turning back around, Ben bolted in shock to see that the body of the scientist was now on its feet, facing him. Something was wrong though. Her appearance was noticeably different. Ben put on a confused look and glanced all around for a sign of the creature.

Suddenly and without warning, the female scientist’s skin turned a brilliant shade of scarlet and her body began to inflate like a balloon. Wearing a look of pure terror, Ben quickly recoiled, retreating a safe distance away, watching carefully to see what would transpire. He kept expecting the scientist’s body to stop getting bigger at any moment, as it surely couldn’t go on expanding forever. When it didn’t stop though, he knew that something terrible was about to happen, and not wanting to witness it, shielded his eyes and turned away. A loud explosion confirmed his suspicion.

Ben fought back tears as he thought of the savage way the female scientist had been killed. Even though the Volcanity, Inc. researchers had been wrong to tamper with the DNA of Pokemon, no one deserved to die like that. A single tear escaped and rolled down his cheek as he wondered if the woman had a family somewhere that would miss her. Wiping his eyes with the back of his hand, Ben firmly vowed to find the monster and do his best to make sure that it didn’t hurt or kill another innocent again. There would be a time for mourning later. For now, the creature had to be stopped.

Ben turned around slowly and there it was.

In the place where the female scientist had just been brutally killed, was the most hideous looking creature Ben had ever seen. A look of sheer loathing crept across Ben’s face as he stared at it. It had the knobby, durable body of a Crawdaunt, the nimble legs of a Rapidash, the massive claws of a Kingler, and the undulating tentacles of a Tentacruel. With a menacing expression on its face, it fired off a Beam of concentrated Bubbles in Ben’s direction. Ben instinctively dodged, but only barely avoided the high-powered water attack.

Quickly reaching into the brown, canvas messenger bag slung over his shoulder, Ben withdrew a sable-colored Pokedex. He pointed the electronic encyclopedia at the monster and turned it on. Just as he expected, the machine turned up no information and the screen remained blank. His Pokedex would not help him in this battle. He would have to try to discover the monster’s weaknesses on his own. Shutting off the device, he hurriedly returned it to his pack. As he did so, his hand brushed against the syringe the scientist had given him, and he momentarily recalled her explanation that it contained a miracle drug that could provide a Pokemon with the strength to stand up to the monster.

Ben hesitated for a moment as he considered using it. The woman had warned that she didn’t know if it would produce any harmful side effects to the Pokemon it was used on. It was a risk, and Ben was reluctant to subject any of his friends to the potentially dangerous effects of the experimental liquid. There had to be another way. Clearly the monster was stronger than any of Ben’s Pokemon partners alone and would easily win a straight-up, one-on-one fight. However, with a combination of teamwork and strategy maybe they could stop it. His mind made up, Ben reached back into his bag, withdrew the five unique Pokeballs housing Medeo, Hyneo, Keo, Forteo, and Marteo, and released them all into the tunnel.

As the Meditite, Poochyena, Krabby, Pineco, and Taillow appeared on the battlefield across from the genetically-altered monster, Ben wasted no time in issuing their battle instructions. “Look sharp, mates, that creature has already killed a lot of scientists today! Its stronger than anything we’ve ever faced, so help each other out and work together now!”

Putting on determined expressions, Ben’s little companions signaled that they understood the severity of their situation and Ben continued, “So far its mainly used its tentacles to attack! We can’t let it get near enough to use them! Forteo, see if you can set down a layer of SPIKES around the creature to contain it and keep it at a distance! Marteo, be ready to use WHIRLWIND if it starts to get too close! Keo, try to blind the creature with a MUD-SLAP; then Hyneo, hit it with DARK PULSE and Medeo, go with PSYCHIC while it can't see! Be brave, but don’t take any foolish risks! Every single one of you has got to be ready to defend with PROTECT if you get into trouble out there!” His first set of attacks ordered, Ben put on a determined expression and locked gazes with the savage creature as his tiny comrades prepared for the looming fight…

Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Cortoza

The Volcanic Island

Floating serenely in the middle of the ocean, Cortoza is a secluded land mass which was once a beautiful and highly populated tropical island. Two hundred years ago a powerful oceanic earthquake resulted in a chain reaction of death and destruction as Cortoza's active volcanic mountains erupted in a series of cataclysmic explosions that churned out a spectacular display of ash, rock, and molten lava, and finally ending with Mt Fumi's stupendous paroxysmal eruption. All of Cortoza's vegetation was destroyed, while humans and Pokémon not fast enough to flee perished in the resulting destruction as the western end of the island collapsed beneath the sea, generating a series of devastating pyroclastic flows and immense tsunamis that ravaged adjacent coastlines. The events of that day marked the last 24 hours on earth for over 50,000 people and 300,000 Pokémon, as the wave of destruction flowed across hundreds of coastal villages and towns. For the next hundred years nobody dared approach the island due to the constant seismic activity and mini eruptions, but for the past several decades all has been quiet. Pokémon have returned, and with very few people drawn to the volcanic island, wildlife has been given the chance to thrive. Although wary, people are also beginning to venture to Cortoza again, some of the more opportunistic seeing this land as their chance to strike it rich due to its fast-booming tourism industry. Most are curious though, as the island has shown amazing regenerative qualities, and many are eager to explore and to witness the miraculous regrowth for themselves. The tropical jungle is flourishing once more, Pokémon have returned, and as far as everyone is aware most of Cortoza's volcanoes have been laying dormant for almost one hundred years.

Mt. Pele
    From afar, this mountain appears to resemble a woman whom the Cortozans believe to be the Goddess of fire, lightning, dance, volcanoes, and violence. Pele was, and still is, both revered and feared by the native inhabitants of Cortoza as they firmly believe the only way to avoid utter destruction of their land is to pay homage to her. With Mt. Pele having been the first to erupt two hundred years ago, many believe their Goddess was unhappy with her subjects, and that she had exacted her punishment upon them for having ignored their faith in her. Those who survived the initial destruction two centuries ago were sure to pass on the story of Pele to their children so that her legend was sure to live on. Today, the descendants of Cortoza's survivors hold daily rituals and monthly festivals to keep their Goddess happy in the hope she'll never destroy their homes again.

Areas:
    Pele's Ruins: The ruins of a thousand year old temple built in Pele's honour. Descendants of Cortoza's survivors steer clear of these ruins as they believe they have been cursed by Pele herself, and have instead built another temple in which to worship their Goddess. The Ruins have become a popular tourist attraction for visitors to the island however, a fact which makes the natives rather uneasy.
    (OOC: Hopefully I did this right, if I didn't just tell me and I'll fix it- and for Mt. Pele, am I going through each area or just the one I selected?, and here is my profile link)

David Michael grins in triumph. He'd made it to the Volcanic Island of Cortozoa, and he was very intrigued on where he was to go. He was still silent as he reached the shore, not wondering in the least on how he got there, but more concerned about what he was supposed to do now that he had arrived on the islands. He had not one clue on to what had motivated him to travel to Mt. Pele, but he knew that something spiritually had to have brought him here. Unsure on what to say or do he quickly relaxes as he reads the handy booklet he had grabbed on the trip to the islands, and quickly noted the beliefs of the people. From previous knowledge, none personal mind you, David Michael knew of the problems that arose from ignoring someone elses' culture and beliefs, especially if you were in their land. Yet, he was also intrigued on the thoughts of the people. It amazed him that their god had so much power, and he could only hope in his heart that he wouldn't do anything that would anger Pele, or the villagers. With that, David Michael takes a hard look at the horizon, not knowing where to go, and simply picks a random direction, hoping that someone would be around to give some directions to the ruins, or somewhere where other humans were.

Welcome firewater, and to answer your question you stay in the area that you have chosen.

Hayward: With your five pokemon released from their balls, you quickly give them their orders. Forteo starts to spin round at a high speed before a dozen small spikes shoot out of his pine cone-like body. The creature looks at this for several seconds before it roars and sends out a high pressured Water Gun at the floor, effectively washing away the spikes. As soon as it has washed away the Spikes the creature shoots out its tentacles, the long appendages worming their way towards Forteo. Marteo sees this and quickly starts to flap her wings, creating a big Whirlwind. The wind buffets the tentacles, which respond by shooting up and whacking into Marteo. Or at least they would have if the Taillow hadn't been able to quickly Protect herself. Once again the creature roars, but this time its body begins to violently shake before it starts to change form. It body turns into the long lithe body of a Milotic, the head of a Gorebyss, the back fins of a Gyarados and the gliding wings of a Mantine.

You are taken back by the transformation, but your pokemon aren't. Keo opened his claws before somehow Slapping Mud at the creature. The mud smears into its eyes and using the scarf-like appendages of the Milotic's body, the creature tries to wipe its eyes. As it does so, Hyneo opens her jaws and a large Pulse of Dark energy emanates from the Poochyena's mouth, at the same time that Medeo glows dark purple. As the Dark Pulse slamms into the creature, the Psychic energy from Medeo attempts to mess with the creature's mind. It roars in rage before sending out its own Psychic at Medeo and bringing its tail down on Hyneo. The Poochyena blocks the tail with her Protect but Medeo is unable to stop the barrage on his mind. You watch in horror as the human-like pokemon flails on the ground, his mind being taken over by the creature. Your other pokemon turn to you with a look of despair on their faces.

What will you do?

firewater: Heading in the direction of Pele's Ruins, you look around at your surroundings with awe. But at the same time you hope that there will be someone around who can tell you how exactly to get to the ruins. For the time being you simply walk in the direction you think is right. Soon you finally come across a person after walking for about an hour. The person was a man, who looks to be about thirty, with a crop of shaggy blonde hair and he was wearing a hikers' clothing.

"May I help you?" he asks when he sees you. You quickly tell him that you need directions for Pele's Ruins. "Ah, well you're going in the right direction," said the man with a smile. "You just need to turn right after about a kilometre. As a matter of fact, that is where I'm headed myself. How about I go with you?" You are startled by the man's offer to go to the Ruins together, but you do consider the offer. "Name's Barry, by the way," added Barry.

With the man traveling with you, the journey could be easier and if you happen to run into trouble there will be two of you to sort it out.

What will you do?

(OOC: alright, thanks for the info, and while this wasn't my ideal place I'll see where it goes...

firewater: Heading in the direction of Pele's Ruins, you look around at your surroundings with awe. But at the same time you hope that there will be someone around who can tell you how exactly to get to the ruins. For the time being you simply walk in the direction you think is right. Soon you finally come across a person after walking for about an hour. The person was a man, who looks to be about thirty, with a crop of shaggy blonde hair and he was wearing a hikers' clothing.

"May I help you?" he asks when he sees you. You quickly tell him that you need directions for Pele's Ruins. "Ah, well you're going in the right direction," said the man with a smile. "You just need to turn right after about a kilometre. As a matter of fact, that is where I'm headed myself. How about I go with you?" You are startled by the man's offer to go to the Ruins together, but you do consider the offer. "Name's Barry, by the way," added Barry.

With the man traveling with you, the journey could be easier and if you happen to run into trouble there will be two of you to sort it out.

What will you do?
    Nothing had appeared to be going well for David Michael. He'd walked for about an hour without seeing one single person that appeared to be able to help him in the least bit. However, that soon changed as he notices something differently colored than the fauna and flora around him... basically it was a hiking outfit. He wasn't too sure about the guy, but David Michael knew that this guy could be some help. He appeared to look a bit older than himself, about 30 years old, and other than the shaggy blond hair he really couldn't tell much else from the guy, until he managed to notice David Michael.

"Can I help you?"

David Michael was a bit taken aback by the question, since it had been a while since he'd spoken to a human and he composes himself after a few seconds and begins to speak.

"Um, yes actually, you can- My name is David Michael, and i'm trying to find Pele's Ruins."

After a few seconds, the guy begins to talk again

"Ah, well you're going in the right direction," said the man with a smile. "You just need to turn right after about a kilometre. As a matter of fact, that is where I'm headed myself. How about I go with you?"

Up until he heard the words, "can I go with you", David Michael had been fine with the entire deal. It wasn't that he was antisocial, it was just that he really wasn't sure about the guy, sure it was better to go with someone else, but he figured that the chance for actual human conversation would be a good thing. "Name's Barry, by the way," added Barry. Barry's latest comment snapped David Michael out of his thought, and he quickly replies.

"Sure Barry, we can go to the ruins together, but I've got one question- what brings you to the ruins to begin with?"

waiting for an answer, David Michael begins to walk towards the direction indicated...

Hayward: With your five pokemon released from their balls, you quickly give them their orders. Forteo starts to spin round at a high speed before a dozen small spikes shoot out of his pine cone-like body. The creature looks at this for several seconds before it roars and sends out a high pressured Water Gun at the floor, effectively washing away the spikes. As soon as it has washed away the Spikes the creature shoots out its tentacles, the long appendages worming their way towards Forteo. Marteo sees this and quickly starts to flap her wings, creating a big Whirlwind. The wind buffets the tentacles, which respond by shooting up and whacking into Marteo. Or at least they would have if the Taillow hadn't been able to quickly Protect herself. Once again the creature roars, but this time its body begins to violently shake before it starts to change form. It body turns into the long lithe body of a Milotic, the head of a Gorebyss, the back fins of a Gyarados and the gliding wings of a Mantine.

You are taken back by the transformation, but your pokemon aren't. Keo opened his claws before somehow Slapping Mud at the creature. The mud smears into its eyes and using the scarf-like appendages of the Milotic's body, the creature tries to wipe its eyes. As it does so, Hyneo opens her jaws and a large Pulse of Dark energy emanates from the Poochyena's mouth, at the same time that Medeo glows dark purple. As the Dark Pulse slamms into the creature, the Psychic energy from Medeo attempts to mess with the creature's mind. It roars in rage before sending out its own Psychic at Medeo and bringing its tail down on Hyneo. The Poochyena blocks the tail with her Protect but Medeo is unable to stop the barrage on his mind. You watch in horror as the human-like pokemon flails on the ground, his mind being taken over by the creature. Your other pokemon turn to you with a look of despair on their faces.

What will you do?
    Ben had anxiously watched the events of the battle unfold before his grey-green eyes. There was no denying that the genetically-altered creature was powerful. It had washed Forteo’s ring of Spikes clear away, changed shape once again -- this time to a combination of Mantine, Milotic, Gyarados, and Gorebyss -- then fired off a Psychic blast that had struck Medeo squarely in the head. Apart from the diminutive Meditite though, the rest of Ben’s team had managed to avoid being hit, and furthermore, most of them had landed attacks on the shape-shifting creature. Ben let out a grateful sigh as he realized that his teamwork strategy had worked well so far. What’s more, he hadn’t had to use the experimental liquid yet, and that in itself made Ben incredibly relieved. His tiny companions on the other hand, didn't share his optimism.

Noticing the gloomy expressions on the faces of his Pokemon, Ben realized that what they needed was some encouragement. Medeo was undeniably the leader their team, and concerned for his well-being, his comrades had become nervous when they witnessed him go down. Ben knew they couldn't lose hope now. As their trainer, it was his responsibility to keep his team's morale up. He decided it was time for a little encouragement. Grinning, Ben sincerely complimented his team. “Brilliant teamwork, so far, mates!” he exclaimed. “I know we can stop this monster if we keep attacking it together. I’m know you’re all worried about Medeo, but he’ll be fine -- he just needs some time to recover!”

Dragging a hand through his short, brown hair, Ben quickly considered his options. After a moment of thought, he put on a determined expression and began issuing instructions to his little partners. “Hyneo, if that creature hits us with another one of those attacks, we could be in a lot of trouble! Use TORMENT so it won’t be able to use Psychic twice in a row!” The monochromatic wolf-pup let out an understanding bark, and Ben quickly added, “While she’s doing that Forteo, cover us with REFLECT!” The woody pine cone swayed from side to side in acknowledgement. Having delivered his defensive directives, Ben proceeded to outline his offensive strategy. “Let’s try to slow the creature down!” he hollered. “Marteo, ICY WIND! Keo, you go with BUBBLE!” In response, the tiny swallow lifted a feathery wing to her head in a smart salute, while Keo clacked his claws together noisily. Ben turned to Medeo last. “Use CALM MIND to help you try to clear your head. Then when you’re feeling better, go with ENERGY BALL!” The small Meditite nodded his tiny, onion-shaped head, and Ben fixed the hybrid creature with a steely gaze, waiting to see what would happen next...

Last edited by -Hayward-; 22nd June 2009 at 12:49 AM. Reason: grammatical corrections

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast