Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 216

Thread: Cortoza's Recorded History

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Tasmania, Australia
    Posts
    395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amras.MG View Post
    Ytnim: Choosing a Pokeball and summoning your Manectric, you quickly formulate a plan to protect the doctor, and set it in action. Blitz keeps his eyes on the Skarmory and Quickly runs up to Attack it, colliding head on with the bird and landing back on the ground in attack position as Skarmory soars around for another pass. Feeling your body buzz with exhilaration, you order Manectric to use a Thunder Wave, and a thousand tiny electrical tendrils extend from Blitz, wrapping around the Skarmory and pinning it's wings. As Skarmory falls to the ground, Blitz quickly dashes towards it and smashes into it with a Spark, causing the steel bird to screech out in pain again. Skarmory quickly retaliates by Slashing Air at Manectric, giving it some room to move before it strikes with a Brave Bird. It looks like this Skarmory is highly trained. Looking over at the Professor, you notice he has a look of complete concentration on his face, studying the Skarmory...

    What will you do?
    "Looks like this is one tough bird, even for a Skarmory, we'll have to keep on our toes in this one Blitz!" Minty warns his faithful electric type, though he was sure he already knew that this was going to be a tough fight.

    Stealing a glance at Dr. Hserf, Minty sees his intense look at the armoured bird, it was a little odd, since his field wasn't pokemon, but he puts these thoughts away, he was a doctor after all, he probably just had a large supply of natural curiosity, useful for researching in any field. He didn't seem to be in any immediate danger now the pokemon was focused on Blitz, and that was his job, and so he must be doing it at least somewhat effectively.

    Back in the battle, Minty keeps on the offensive. "Ok Blitz, keep concentrating on that Thunder Wave, don't want to give this bird too much leeway! Get in there with another Spark, and then follow that up with a Fire Fang, see how it's armour matches up to that!" Minty commands his pokemon with confidence and flair, seemingly pre-requisites to be a good pokemon trainer.

  2. #27

    Default

    psychopath: Raging inwardly at the mistreatment of the little girl by the tourists, you start to curse their name. Getting ready to take their challenge and attack them, you notice that silent tears are running down the girl's face, though she looks strong beyond her years. Mortimer and Valor move into attack positions, Mortimer quickly summoning an Ominous Wind and smashing it into the Gloom, making it do a midair flip before it lands on its feet, rarin to go. Following up with a Shadow Sneak, Mortimer disappears and prepares to hit Gloom from behind, but as he reappears he is sent tumbling away as Mothim uses a Gust. Valor immediately begins Dancing for Rain, smiling slightly as it starts to drizzle. Leaping forward, he fires off a massive Blizzard at Gloom and Mothim. However, the Blizzard encounters a large dome of pulsing white energy, Safeguarding Gloom and Mothim from the damage. Mothim gasps for air as the dome disappears, apparently having spent a lot of energy summoning it up. Mortimer floats back over and exacts his Payback, striking Mothim for good damage. As Valor begins to charge up an orb of water in front of him for the Water Pulse, Gloom quickly whips out a Petal Dance that strikes the Water type for a ton of damage, disrupting his concentration and melting the Water Pulse before it can form (it dissolved).

    What will you do?

    Ytnim: Warning Manectric to stay vigilant and alert, you quickly order it to keep up with the electric attacks, and suggest adding a fire attack into the mix. Looking over at the doctor, you are surprised by his concentration, but are glad he's not in immediate danger at the moment. Blitz quickly flares up his Thunder Wave tendrils again, but as they are reaching towards Skarmory, the metal bird blows them away with a Twister, and rushes in at Manectric again, Wings shining with Steel energy. Manectric quickly starts to Spark with electricity, and rushes at the Skarmory. Doctor Hserf suddenly yells out to Blitz to attack Skarmory's left wing, and the Manectric does so, the electricity magnetizing the steel plates in Skarmory's wing and crippling it. Skarmory swerves to the side with a Screech and crashes into a rock, shocked at the loss of movement in its wing. Manectric closes in with a Fire Fang, but find himself unable to get to Skarmory through a wall... of fire? Standing next to Skarmory is a Rapidash, using Fire Spin to protect it as Skarmory attempts to demagnetize its wing.

    What will you do?

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    NONYA BIZNEZ
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amras.MG View Post
    psychopath: Raging inwardly at the mistreatment of the little girl by the tourists, you start to curse their name. Getting ready to take their challenge and attack them, you notice that silent tears are running down the girl's face, though she looks strong beyond her years. Mortimer and Valor move into attack positions, Mortimer quickly summoning an Ominous Wind and smashing it into the Gloom, making it do a midair flip before it lands on its feet, rarin to go. Following up with a Shadow Sneak, Mortimer disappears and prepares to hit Gloom from behind, but as he reappears he is sent tumbling away as Mothim uses a Gust. Valor immediately begins Dancing for Rain, smiling slightly as it starts to drizzle. Leaping forward, he fires off a massive Blizzard at Gloom and Mothim. However, the Blizzard encounters a large dome of pulsing white energy, Safeguarding Gloom and Mothim from the damage. Mothim gasps for air as the dome disappears, apparently having spent a lot of energy summoning it up. Mortimer floats back over and exacts his Payback, striking Mothim for good damage. As Valor begins to charge up an orb of water in front of him for the Water Pulse, Gloom quickly whips out a Petal Dance that strikes the Water type for a ton of damage, disrupting his concentration and melting the Water Pulse before it can form (it dissolved).

    What will you do?

    He looked at the girl cried and tried to reasure her, "Look, I have full trust in Valor and Mortimer, you shouldn't cry at what these people are saying. They call you scum but they are Tourists. Angry, ignorant, rude tourists, tourist who would leave if they were outshined by those who they think are inferior. Just sayin." He looked at the battlefield and realised he needed a new strategy as brute force was not going to get him anywhere. He knew that a strategy was nessesary, one was always nessesary. He looked at Valor and Mortimer, and then at the opponents. His pokemon had some similar moves that they could combine to overpower the enemy, but first they needed to get rid of the Gloom first as it held a type advantage over Valor. "You guys aim all the following attacks towards the Gloom, Cool the place down with some Icy wind, Mortimer, and while he does that I want you,"He looked at Valor, "To chill the place down even more with a blizzard." He considered what had happened last time and decided on something. "Before you do that though, I want to see that they don't safeguard themselves again, Mortimer, use a sucker punch on the Mothim to have it damaged and distracted to keep it from defending. After you finish that I want you to use Fatal Attraction on the Gloom, if it is female we can get it out of the way, if not, well then lets hope its not straight." Valor looked up to Tyson for more orders, "No more for you, concentrate all your power on the blizzard."


  4. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Tasmania, Australia
    Posts
    395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amras.MG View Post

    Ytnim: Warning Manectric to stay vigilant and alert, you quickly order it to keep up with the electric attacks, and suggest adding a fire attack into the mix. Looking over at the doctor, you are surprised by his concentration, but are glad he's not in immediate danger at the moment. Blitz quickly flares up his Thunder Wave tendrils again, but as they are reaching towards Skarmory, the metal bird blows them away with a Twister, and rushes in at Manectric again, Wings shining with Steel energy. Manectric quickly starts to Spark with electricity, and rushes at the Skarmory. Doctor Hserf suddenly yells out to Blitz to attack Skarmory's left wing, and the Manectric does so, the electricity magnetizing the steel plates in Skarmory's wing and crippling it. Skarmory swerves to the side with a Screech and crashes into a rock, shocked at the loss of movement in its wing. Manectric closes in with a Fire Fang, but find himself unable to get to Skarmory through a wall... of fire? Standing next to Skarmory is a Rapidash, using Fire Spin to protect it as Skarmory attempts to demagnetize its wing.

    What will you do?
    "What the..." Minty says, trailing off, genuinely shocked at this turn of events. He wasn't sure what was more surprising, that fact that the doctor seemed to have an indepth knowledge of pokemon himself, perhaps more knowledgeable that Minty's own experience, or that these two pokemon species were helping each other out. Such occurrences weren't unheard of, Minty had even encountered it himself, but usually the pokemon were related in some way and had a common goal, but a Skarmory and Rapidash were two very different independent pokemon, and there didn't seem to be a common goal. This wasn't any ordinary escort job, and Minty felt Dr. Hserf might know more than he was letting on.

    This however was an aside for the moment, since the battle was still ongoing, and for all Blitz's power and brains, he was still outnumbered. Minty needed to even it up. Grabbing another pokeball from his shorts, he throws it forward, releasing the new pokemon next to his already active Manectric. The pokemon formed was a mostly blue, mostly round pokemon standing on two legs, it's arms also seeming to end in white gloves. It's white belly sports a black spiral, which if you stare at, seems to move ever so slightly. The Poliwhirl seems to be grinning devilishly, giving a wink to Blitz as he materialises.

    "Ok you two, you're going to need to work together for this one, save your pranks for after Tonic!" Minty tells his pokemon, knowing the pair have a history of annoying each other to no end.

    "Tonic," the trainer addresses his Poliwhirl, "We need that fire out so Blitz can finish off that Skarmory before it can fix it's wing! See if you can get a little rain down here with a Rain Dance! After that, go after that Rapidash, get a fix on it's movements with Mind Reader then hammer it with a Hydro Pump!" Minty orders Tonic, hoping to make full use of the type advantage he has at the moment.

    "Blitz, let's show these two that they're no match for yourself and Tonic with a little confidence by giving your loudest Howl, they won't stand a chance against you two! While we see if we can get to Skarmory, help out Tonic when he uses his Hydro Pump by giving it a little Spark, that should make it pack a bit more of a punch!" Minty hopes his strategy will work, it seemed good in theory anyway.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Farming infractions for noobs.
    Posts
    2,001

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amras.MG View Post

    fishyfool: You frown and try to think of possible explanations as you see Ambipom using egg and tutor moves, and suddenly get an idea of how to clean out Volcape's eyes and keep him from taking damage at the same time. Ordering Mudkip to hold Ambipom in a Thunder Wave, you watch as Infernape wipes out his eyes freely. Struggling with the electrical tendrils, the Ambipom quickly uses his second tail to Slap Mud at Mudkip, interrupting the Thunder Wave and giving it time to Agility out of the way, jumping straight above Infernape as the monkey sails past him with a Flare Blitz. Eyes growing wide, Mudkip is hit hard with the fire attack, and flies into a tree next to the hurt Aipom, clearly hurting quite a bit. Eyes flashing anger, Volcape fires an Ice Beam at the Ambipom, freezing one of the hand tails. Walking over to the small Aipom, you start to clean him up, and notice a large gash on its cheek.

    What will you do?
    With the battle raging on, Jamie gave a small smirk as Wraith's Thunder Wave took effect on the enemy ape as Volcape wiped the mud from his eyes before things took a turn for the worse as the chimp struck the Mudkip with mud before hopping over Volcape, who couldn't stop before barreling straight into the poor mud fish with Flare Blitz and smacking him proper. Growling with frustration, Volcape then proceeded to freeze the ape's tail with his ice bea, while Jamie tended to the injured Aipom, wincing slightly at the cracks where Wraith slammed against the tree. As the Mudkip quivered in pain, Jamie noted that said level difference between Volcape and Wraith meant that the smaller pokemon was lucky he resisted the fire move as it would have certainly knocked him out in one fell swoop if he hadn't.

    "Damn it. Volcape, it's clear this ape is taking the piss, so taunt him for being so cowardly in his battle approach before trying another blaze kick. If it connects, follow up immediately with a close combat, trying to pin him to a tree if you can."

    As Volcape cracked his knuckles and gnashed his teeth in fury, Jamie thought about the situation and realised that it may come down to trying to get the little one to safety even if it meant abandoning the battle, something he'd hate to do. Clearly this Ambipom was being a worthy foe, if an annoying one...


    I reject your Nyancats and replace it with my own.
    FB

  6. #31

    Default

    psychopath: Reassuring the girl that the tourists are just giant jerks, you start to formulate a new strategy to take down the two opposing Pokemon, and decide to focus on the Gloom. Ordering your attacks towards Gloom, Mortimer immediately begins to spray an Icy Wind at Gloom, who immediately begins to shiver. Taking advantage of this, Valor immediately begins to fire a Blizzard at Gloom,, taking advantage the wet conditions to strengthen its attack. Mothim quickly whips up a vicious Twister in front of the two, which merely lessens the impact of the Blizzard as it plows into Gloom, sending it flying through the air. Mortimer immediately uses Sucker Punch on Mothim, hitting it hard. However, the Mothim quickly retaliates with a wave of Psychic energy, causing a lot of pain to the ghost, and making it forget to use Fatal Attraction. Valor's ice energy abruptly shorts out as Gloom starts to Giga Drain it, forcing Valor onto the ground in submission.

    What will you do?

    Ytnim: Shocked by Dr. Hserf's knowledge and the Rapidash and Skarmory helping each other out, you quickly come to the conclusion that Dr. Hserf must know more than he's letting on. Yanking your Poliwhirl's Pokeball out, you quickly summon the tadpoleishnotreally Pokemon. Having evened up the odds some, you tell Tonic and Blitz to work together and save the annoyances for later. Ordering Tonic to summon the rain with a Rain Dance, you also order Manectric to Howl its confidence out. Tonic and Blitz jump into action, Tonic sending a small blue sphere into the sky which starts to create a drizzle, and Blitz Howling at the top of his lungs. As the rain starts to pour down more, you see the Rapidash pull down the Fire Spin and send a Wave of Heat racing towards yourself and the doctor, evaporating the water as it races across the ground. Poliwhirl quickly jumps in and sprays a Hydro Pump at Rapidash, abandoning his Mind Reader in order to save you. Manectric quickly adds some of his electricity to the water with a Spark, and the combination plows into Rapidash, who skids a little before looking at you defiantly. Skarmory Screeches again as it's fixing its wing, and unleasehes a Hyper Beam that hits Tonic square in the face. The rain pours down, but it looks like Rapidash is using a Flame Wheel to evaporate the water before it hits its open flame...

    What will you do?

    fishyfool: Annoyed that the Ambipom was running circles around your Infernape and Mudkip, you are nevertheless relieved that Mudkip did not faint from the Flare Blitz attack. Ordering Volcape to Taunt the monkey, the Infernape does so, quickly Taunting Ambipom for being a cowardly, and telling him to "get some". Ambipom Screeches and swings off the limb it's on, Slamming into Infernape again, although this time Infernape is ready. Taking advantage of the slight speed reduction from Ambipom's frozen handtail, Volcape quickly Kicks Ambipom with a Blazing foot, flinging the Ambipom into a nearby tree. Volcape follows up by engaging Ambipom in Close Combat, hitting the monkey really hard and dealing loads of damage, although he also breaks the ice. Breathing in deeply, Ambipom blasts Infernape with a beam of Secret Power, giving it space to whip both tails at him in a Double Thunderpunch. Volcape roars in agony as the electric courses through his system, and glares at Ambipom...

    What will you do?

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    NONYA BIZNEZ
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amras.MG View Post
    psychopath: Reassuring the girl that the tourists are just giant jerks, you start to formulate a new strategy to take down the two opposing Pokemon, and decide to focus on the Gloom. Ordering your attacks towards Gloom, Mortimer immediately begins to spray an Icy Wind at Gloom, who immediately begins to shiver. Taking advantage of this, Valor immediately begins to fire a Blizzard at Gloom,, taking advantage the wet conditions to strengthen its attack. Mothim quickly whips up a vicious Twister in front of the two, which merely lessens the impact of the Blizzard as it plows into Gloom, sending it flying through the air. Mortimer immediately uses Sucker Punch on Mothim, hitting it hard. However, the Mothim quickly retaliates with a wave of Psychic energy, causing a lot of pain to the ghost, and making it forget to use Fatal Attraction. Valor's ice energy abruptly shorts out as Gloom starts to Giga Drain it, forcing Valor onto the ground in submission.

    What will you do?

    He watched as his pokemon fell to the ground in shock. Valor had never seen combat like this before, and for it to do damage to him like this hurt Tyson. He was hurt by what he saw and looked at the little girl "you think that Bonsly of yours would fare well in a match like this?"

    He turned to Mortimer, who was looking to be better in the match healthwise. "Do an Icy Wind then follow it up with Shadow Sneak and Sucker Punching the Gloom." He yelled at Valor, "Your doing welll, and although you are ijn pain, you'll do better." He thought of moves that Valor could pull off, "Use aqua ring to heal yourself a bit, then use a water pulse to comfuse Mothim, then follow it up with a brine."
    Last edited by Psychopath; 21st February 2009 at 4:20 AM.


  8. #33

    Default

    I will be doing reposts tomorrow.

    psychopath: Shocked by the power of the tourist's Pokemon, you ask the girl if she could help battle with her Bonsly. Looking at you with wide eyes, the girl can barely make out a "what?". She explains that Bonsly has never battled before... in fact, she doesn't even know if it has any attacks. Bonsly, however, has other ideas as it starts to glow purple, Copycatting the Psychic used before. Bonsly cries out as a wave of Psychic energy ripples out of its tiny body, flinging Gloom back into its trainer. As Gloom collides with its trainer, the small girl yells out, rushing to catch her Bonsly which has just fainted from using Psychic as its first ever attack. You catch sight of an odd marking on the tourists arm as Gloom rips his shirt, a weird tattoo of a meteorite colliding with the earth.

    Turning back to Valor and Mortimer, you quickly order Mortimer to use an Icy Wind, and Mortimer does so, buying himself some time to set up a Shadow Sneak/Sucker Punch combo while Valor creates a small halo of water around himself, using Aqua Ring to heal. Mortimer catches up to Gloom and hits it hard with the Sucker Punch, keeping Gloom on the defensive, who spits Acid at Mortimer too try and give it some space. Mothim attempts to use another Psychic, but is interrupted by a Water Pulse smashing into it. As Mothim flies back, his Psychic attack goes awry and hits Gloom, causing massive damage. Gloom unsteadily gets back to its feet, although it looks like it could faint with another few attacks. Mothim uses another Twister to blow away the Brine coming towards him, although the winds cause his trainer shirt to lift up, revealing an identical tattoo...

    What will you do?

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Farming infractions for noobs.
    Posts
    2,001

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amras.MG View Post


    fishyfool: Annoyed that the Ambipom was running circles around your Infernape and Mudkip, you are nevertheless relieved that Mudkip did not faint from the Flare Blitz attack. Ordering Volcape to Taunt the monkey, the Infernape does so, quickly Taunting Ambipom for being a cowardly, and telling him to "get some". Ambipom Screeches and swings off the limb it's on, Slamming into Infernape again, although this time Infernape is ready. Taking advantage of the slight speed reduction from Ambipom's frozen handtail, Volcape quickly Kicks Ambipom with a Blazing foot, flinging the Ambipom into a nearby tree. Volcape follows up by engaging Ambipom in Close Combat, hitting the monkey really hard and dealing loads of damage, although he also breaks the ice. Breathing in deeply, Ambipom blasts Infernape with a beam of Secret Power, giving it space to whip both tails at him in a Double Thunderpunch. Volcape roars in agony as the electric courses through his system, and glares at Ambipom...

    What will you do?
    Jamie was becoming rather impatient. Already this monkey was making a monkey out of his monkey, who seemed to be glaring angrily at the opposing Ambipom, and again valuable time was being wasted fighting rather than relaxing. As it were, however, Wraith had regained his grounds and was looking at the injured Aipom, as Volcape gave a loud roar from the force of the thunderpunches he took, and at this time Jamie's patience was about to snap when he decided that it would be foolish to do so. Running his mind through what the opposing monkey knew, Jamie wondered just what sort of beating it would take to eliminate the opposing Ambipom and get the smaller chimp to relative safety. Thinking deeply, Jamie took note that the best way would be to try and strike it while the foe was distracted or scared.

    "Volcape, leer at Ambipom and try and give him a shock, and then deliver your own countering thunderpunch into his face. While he's disoriented, fire off a fury swipes to fluster him up a good bit."

    With a nod, Volcape prepared to get down and dirty with the enemy ape while Jamie looked over towards the direction of civilisation. If he could only get rid of Ambipom, he could get the Aipom to proper help rather than being left alone by this bigger bully...


    I reject your Nyancats and replace it with my own.
    FB

  10. #35

    Default

    fishyfool: Becoming increasingly impatient with Ambipom, you realize that you need to put Ambipom back on the defensive before both yours and Infernape's patience snap. Deciding to strike through distraction and fear, you order Volcape to Leer at Ambipom, with a follow-up Thunderpunch. Volcape Leers at Ambipom, though the monkey just laughs at him, obviously amused. Infernape decides to take advantage of Ambipom's momentary phase in concentration and an electrically charged Thunderpunch connects with Ambipom, who screams in pain. Trapped between a fist and a tree, Ambipom is helpless as a thousand volts of electricity course through his veins. Smoke sizzles from Ambipom as its muscles spazz weakly, and Volcape quickly follows up with a series of Furious Swipes. Ambipom groans but manages to push Volcape back with another Gunk Shot. It looks like another hit or two will knock Ambipom out, although it also looks like its attempting to climb back into a tree for height advantage.

    What will you do?

    [Reposts]
    psychopath: Shocked by the power of the tourist's Pokemon, you ask the girl if she could help battle with her Bonsly. Looking at you with wide eyes, the girl can barely make out a "what?". She explains that Bonsly has never battled before... in fact, she doesn't even know if it has any attacks. Bonsly, however, has other ideas as it starts to glow purple, Copycatting the Psychic used before. Bonsly cries out as a wave of Psychic energy ripples out of its tiny body, flinging Gloom back into its trainer. As Gloom collides with its trainer, the small girl yells out, rushing to catch her Bonsly which has just fainted from using Psychic as its first ever attack. You catch sight of an odd marking on the tourists arm as Gloom rips his shirt, a weird tattoo of a meteorite colliding with the earth.

    Turning back to Valor and Mortimer, you quickly order Mortimer to use an Icy Wind, and Mortimer does so, buying himself some time to set up a Shadow Sneak/Sucker Punch combo while Valor creates a small halo of water around himself, using Aqua Ring to heal. Mortimer catches up to Gloom and hits it hard with the Sucker Punch, keeping Gloom on the defensive, who spits Acid at Mortimer too try and give it some space. Mothim attempts to use another Psychic, but is interrupted by a Water Pulse smashing into it. As Mothim flies back, his Psychic attack goes awry and hits Gloom, causing massive damage. Gloom unsteadily gets back to its feet, although it looks like it could faint with another few attacks. Mothim uses another Twister to blow away the Brine coming towards him, although the winds cause his trainer shirt to lift up, revealing an identical tattoo...

    What will you do?

    Ytnim: Shocked by Dr. Hserf's knowledge and the Rapidash and Skarmory helping each other out, you quickly come to the conclusion that Dr. Hserf must know more than he's letting on. Yanking your Poliwhirl's Pokeball out, you quickly summon the tadpoleishnotreally Pokemon. Having evened up the odds some, you tell Tonic and Blitz to work together and save the annoyances for later. Ordering Tonic to summon the rain with a Rain Dance, you also order Manectric to Howl its confidence out. Tonic and Blitz jump into action, Tonic sending a small blue sphere into the sky which starts to create a drizzle, and Blitz Howling at the top of his lungs. As the rain starts to pour down more, you see the Rapidash pull down the Fire Spin and send a Wave of Heat racing towards yourself and the doctor, evaporating the water as it races across the ground. Poliwhirl quickly jumps in and sprays a Hydro Pump at Rapidash, abandoning his Mind Reader in order to save you. Manectric quickly adds some of his electricity to the water with a Spark, and the combination plows into Rapidash, who skids a little before looking at you defiantly. Skarmory Screeches again as it's fixing its wing, and unleasehes a Hyper Beam that hits Tonic square in the face. The rain pours down, but it looks like Rapidash is using a Flame Wheel to evaporate the water before it hits its open flame...

    What will you do?

    atlantis_kid99: The gentle sloping path of the Scenic Walk curves slightly upwards, letting you enjoy both the scenery and clean air without feeling exhausted from a tough climb. Noting the number of tourists, you quickly recall why you decided to come to Mt. Infernus: the legend of the Rock Pool. Looking around for anyone who might know anything about it, you find yourself disappointed due to the lack of any knowledgeable tourists. Taking a short break, trying not to let the lack of progress get to you, you notice a Growlithe sitting on the opposite side of the path, staring directly at you. Suddenly, a Golem tumbles down from above you, Rollouting between tourists and slamming into the Growlite, knocking the puppy off the edge. Golem roars at Growlithe and jumps after it, sliding rocks as Growlithe lets off a massive Flamethrower that you can see even on the other side of the path. It doesn't look like anyone else saw the Golem or Growlithe, which is odd considering the Golem almost trampled a few people... The Growlithe and Golem are falling, trading blows, but it looks like there is a small body of water down there...

    What will you do?

    arcanumghost: You and Adam begin to contemplate the situation of the weird Farfetch'd and its Diglett companion. Deciding that the Farfetch'd was perhaps one of the only resourceful members of its species, actually using the leek for something, you turn your attention to Diglett, wondering why it's guarding a large plot of land. Your Trapinch, Adam quickly starts to converse with the Diglett, and attempts to convey a message to you via charades. Apparently, the Farfetch'd has an agreement with the Diglett tribe to clean in their guard circle, in return for being a part of the community. It seems like the Farfetch'd was found by an elder Dugtrio, who rescued it. The Diglett explains that they need a clear area to watch for cracks in the ground - a telltale sign that their home is too deep underground, and that a cave in might happen soon. Diglett and Farfetch'd have been looking for someone to help them reinforce their underground layer near a river.

    What will you do?

  11. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amras.MG View Post

    arcanumghost: You and Adam begin to contemplate the situation of the weird Farfetch'd and its Diglett companion. Deciding that the Farfetch'd was perhaps one of the only resourceful members of its species, actually using the leek for something, you turn your attention to Diglett, wondering why it's guarding a large plot of land. Your Trapinch, Adam quickly starts to converse with the Diglett, and attempts to convey a message to you via charades. Apparently, the Farfetch'd has an agreement with the Diglett tribe to clean in their guard circle, in return for being a part of the community. It seems like the Farfetch'd was found by an elder Dugtrio, who rescued it. The Diglett explains that they need a clear area to watch for cracks in the ground - a telltale sign that their home is too deep underground, and that a cave in might happen soon. Diglett and Farfetch'd have been looking for someone to help them reinforce their underground layer near a river.

    What will you do?
    It took several minutes, and many comical gestures and interpretations, for the young trainer to deduce what the Trapinch was trying to convey. The Farfetch'd and Diglett weren't nearly as odd as the trainer originally thought, instead they were working together to ensure the safety of the Diglett and Dugtrio tunnels underneath the ashy plains. The Farfetch'd didn't directly benefit from this arrangement, but a Dugtrio had saved its life and ever since it had been providing services for the ground pokémon in an attempt to show its gratitude to the elder Dugtrio. The way their relationship worked was the Farfetch'd would sweep away the dust hoping to reveal cracks in the ground that indicated a structural weakness caused by the tunnels. If a tunnel was found, it meant the Diglett and Dugtrio had to quickly find a way to remedy the problem or have a part of their home cave in on top of them. Surely this involved the Farfetch'd running off to get some kind of helpful material that can't be reached from underground tunnels. The most recent concern of the two pokémon happens to be the passages near a river. By the cooperative means they were currently using, they had figured out the integrity of those areas could fail very soon and cause much worse than a cave-in. If the river wall collapsed, the Diglett's home would be flooded with water!

    "Ok, so we know where a river is, but before we eat lunch, can you ask the Diglett if there is anything we can do to help them?" Arcanum said to Adam. His Trapinch nodded enthusiastically and ran back to the Diglett to inquire about the most recent difficulties facing the underground community. He doubted his Horsea or Sableye would be of much use here, but possibly his Trapinch could assist. Who knows, maybe there was something his Horsea, Brooks, could do from the river to help reduce the urgency of the problem. Arcanum came back a few moments later to play the game of charades once more, and predicting that his lunch would be greatly deferred otherwise, he began to take enormous bites out of his peanut butter and pepperoni sandwich. After all, he would probably need his strength for the upcoming events.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amras.MG View Post
    [Reposts]
    atlantis_kid99: The gentle sloping path of the Scenic Walk curves slightly upwards, letting you enjoy both the scenery and clean air without feeling exhausted from a tough climb. Noting the number of tourists, you quickly recall why you decided to come to Mt. Infernus: the legend of the Rock Pool. Looking around for anyone who might know anything about it, you find yourself disappointed due to the lack of any knowledgeable tourists. Taking a short break, trying not to let the lack of progress get to you, you notice a Growlithe sitting on the opposite side of the path, staring directly at you. Suddenly, a Golem tumbles down from above you, Rollouting between tourists and slamming into the Growlite, knocking the puppy off the edge. Golem roars at Growlithe and jumps after it, sliding rocks as Growlithe lets off a massive Flamethrower that you can see even on the other side of the path. It doesn't look like anyone else saw the Golem or Growlithe, which is odd considering the Golem almost trampled a few people... The Growlithe and Golem are falling, trading blows, but it looks like there is a small body of water down there...

    What will you do?
    Disappointed by the lack of any tourists who might provide any information about the Rock Pool, Nikki continued on for a short while enjoying the clean, crisp air before taking a break on the side of the path. The views and the Scenic Walk, whilst constantly providing spectacular angles and scenes to gaze down upon, did become tiresome after a long while with what it being almost the only visual object of interest.

    A chill ran down her spine as in her peripheral vision, suddenly the trainer noticed a solemn Fire-type canine staring at her with keen, unmoving eyes. Very soon after Nikki noticed the odd Growlithe, with a earth-trembling force the second Golem she had seen in a while, the other in an entirely different place, Rolled Out of nowhere with obliterating force. It slammed into the canine, knocking both out off the mountain's edge. Growlithe suddenly retaliated fiercely with a ferocious Flamethrower that anyone could've seen from the mountain, but surprisingly... no one did?

    It had all happened so fast and left Nikki just standing there, befuddled. Where did these Pokemon come from? Why were they behaving so oddly? Most importantly- why didn't anyone else see them? The possibility of an illusion flashed into her mind, but she shook her head, grasping two PokeBalls, one brightly coloured red-and-green, from her belt to toss them forward. Even if those Pokemon weren't real, better safe than sorry. "Mystic, Azure, go!" Nikki cried as the Kirlia and Froslass emerged from their balls. She picked up Mystic, who was still just small enough to lift, and called out orders in a somewhat reckless manouever. Her two Pokemon had already noticed with surprise the downwards, spiralling path of the two Pokemon off the edge.

    "Mystic, use your Grass Knot to try and slow Growlithe's descent a little, Golem's too heavy for you. If it's not enough try using your Confusion, Azure you help out with your Psychic if it's too much for Mystic. Then, I'll carry Mystic so he doesn't have to carry himself telekinetically as well... could you guys help lower me down to where Growlithe and Golem are going to land with your Confusion and Psychic? Since you levitate, Azure, you can do that no problem."

    It was definitely reckless, but these strange occurances had Nikki inquisitive. As she watched her Pokemon carry out her orders, the same thought was repeating dryly in the teen's head- if only she had a Flying-type Pokemon.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Tasmania, Australia
    Posts
    395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amras.MG View Post

    Ytnim: Shocked by Dr. Hserf's knowledge and the Rapidash and Skarmory helping each other out, you quickly come to the conclusion that Dr. Hserf must know more than he's letting on. Yanking your Poliwhirl's Pokeball out, you quickly summon the tadpoleishnotreally Pokemon. Having evened up the odds some, you tell Tonic and Blitz to work together and save the annoyances for later. Ordering Tonic to summon the rain with a Rain Dance, you also order Manectric to Howl its confidence out. Tonic and Blitz jump into action, Tonic sending a small blue sphere into the sky which starts to create a drizzle, and Blitz Howling at the top of his lungs. As the rain starts to pour down more, you see the Rapidash pull down the Fire Spin and send a Wave of Heat racing towards yourself and the doctor, evaporating the water as it races across the ground. Poliwhirl quickly jumps in and sprays a Hydro Pump at Rapidash, abandoning his Mind Reader in order to save you. Manectric quickly adds some of his electricity to the water with a Spark, and the combination plows into Rapidash, who skids a little before looking at you defiantly. Skarmory Screeches again as it's fixing its wing, and unleasehes a Hyper Beam that hits Tonic square in the face. The rain pours down, but it looks like Rapidash is using a Flame Wheel to evaporate the water before it hits its open flame...

    What will you do?
    OOC: Sorry, just back at uni, timetable is messed up and stuff 'till next week, should be more settled by then.

    "Ok, these two are very strong, but you two are even stronger, and smarter to boot, and that's why you'll beat them!" Minty talks up his pokemon before giving them commands.

    "Blitz," Minty addresses his Manectric, "Skarmory is still you target! Hit it with a Spark, try and get it magnetised again, then get up close with a Quick Attack and finish up with a Fire Fang!" the trainer was confident his pokemon could pull off the string of moves he had entrusted him.

    "Tonic, you've got the type advantage over Rapidash, plus I reckon you're stronger as well, so you can take it on! Try and get a Mind Reader on it, then go for another Hydro Pump blast, give it a decent amount of power as well!" Minty tells his water type, hoping his tactic will work this time around.

    Looking to the doctor, Minty calls out to him, "Are you alright? Don't want my first escort of the day getting hurt now!" Minty says jokingly, somehow able to keep his sense of humour in the middle of an intense pokemon battle.

  14. #39

    Default

    arcanumghost: Quickly recapping your knowledge of the situation to make sure you had received the information from Trapinch correctly, you ask Adam to communicate with the Diglett once again. Trapinch waddles off again and starts to chat with the guard Diglett. Nodding his understanding, Trapinch proceeds to waddle back to you. Adam takes in a deep breath and starts to mime out his message, making sure you completely understand it. It looks like the Diglett would greatly appreciate any sort of help with their construction, meaning they would gladly accept Trapinch's digging abilities as well as any other abilities. Diglett had mentioned that since his species in unable to swim, they cannot check the river to see if something is speeding up the erosion, and thus a Horsea would be very helpful in this endeavor. Adam nods at Diglett to signal that the message has been conveyed, and the guard quickly Digs a set of stairs in the ground and motions you down them. Farfetch'd salutes Diglett quickly and continues to sweep the surface. Eating your lunch as you go underground, you notice the strong walls and smooth ceiling of a giant cavern. The cavern is polished due to the efforts of thousands of tiny Digletts, and the only sign of trouble is a small trickle of water near the north wall. With a sharp cry, Diglett returns to the surface after pointing you to the openings to the river and the construction Digletts. It looks like all the other Diglett are super busy fortifying their home...

    What will you do?

    atlantis_kid99: Your brain barely has time to process the Growlithe before the Golem slams into it, and you quickly work over options. Questions tornadoing through your mind, you summon your Kirlia and Froslass, determined to play safe even if these Pokemon were illusions. Ordering a Grass Knot from Mystic and a Psychic from Azure, the Pokemon nod and spring into action. Kirlia thrusts its arms forwards and tendrils of Grass Knotted together shoot out of the rock wall, forming a cushion below the struggling Pokemon. Neither notice the grass and land hard, their momentum causing massive whiplash. Golem roars and quickly Smashes the Rock wall behind him and Slides the rocks at Growlithe, hitting the puppy square in the face and sending him tumbling down again. Golem proceeds to slash the vines with a few well place rocks and chases after Growlithe, Throwing Rocks like crazy. Azure reacts instinctively, eyes matching Mystic's as the glow with a bright blue. The air around Growlithe and Golem starts to shimmer, and the two Pokemon looks as if they're battling in slow motion due to the slowing of their freefall. Golem, however, has other ideas and Hardens, significantly raising his weight and causing a mental strain for both Pokemon. Kirlia and Froslass sway for a second and then are yanked off the edge of the cliff as if by an invisible rope, eyes still glowing. You find yourself pulled off by Kirlia, and notice an odd sight. As you are falling, it seems as though the bottom isn't getting closer, but that you are constantly getting farther away from the cliffedge.

    What will you do?

    Ytnim: Bolstering your Pokemon's confidence with a small peptalk, you keep your attention tuned to the battle. Manectric growls and rushes Skarmory, tendrils of electricity Sparking through the birds wing while Skarmory is breathing heavily from its Hyper Beam. The bird cries out in pain before Manectric gets close using Quick attack. Blitz' Fangs glow with a bright Fire just before he chomps down on that same wing, and the Skarmory gives a last cry before fainting. Level up for Blitz. Skarmory's form doesn't stay on the ground though, and a red light engulfs the steel bird, summoning it above you and to the right a bit. Dr. Hserf's eyes flash to the location of the beam, and he dashes over to you while Tonic and Rapidash exchange Hydro Pumps and Fire Blasts. The doctor's eyes radiate concern, and he quickly informs you that you need to get going... NOW. Rapidash is knocked against the canyon wall while you're talking, and Tonic uses the opportunity to draw the fire away from you. Grabbing your arm, Dr. Hserf sprints across the canyon and ducks behind a rock. From this angle, it looks as though there is a robot standing just above the cliff where you were, clearly directing Rapidash and supposedly the Skarmory before it. Rapidash neighs in pain, clearly battered by Tonic's Mind Reader-Hydro Pump combination. The robot looks straight at you, and points. Your ears give out for a second, and you feel strange experiencing the world with no sound at all. Dr. Hserf pulls out a mirror from his pocket and aims carefully, and sound comes rushing back at you all at once. It seems he does in fact have some idea of what's going on...

    What will you do?

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amras.MG View Post
    atlantis_kid99: Your brain barely has time to process the Growlithe before the Golem slams into it, and you quickly work over options. Questions tornadoing through your mind, you summon your Kirlia and Froslass, determined to play safe even if these Pokemon were illusions. Ordering a Grass Knot from Mystic and a Psychic from Azure, the Pokemon nod and spring into action. Kirlia thrusts its arms forwards and tendrils of Grass Knotted together shoot out of the rock wall, forming a cushion below the struggling Pokemon. Neither notice the grass and land hard, their momentum causing massive whiplash. Golem roars and quickly Smashes the Rock wall behind him and Slides the rocks at Growlithe, hitting the puppy square in the face and sending him tumbling down again. Golem proceeds to slash the vines with a few well place rocks and chases after Growlithe, Throwing Rocks like crazy. Azure reacts instinctively, eyes matching Mystic's as the glow with a bright blue. The air around Growlithe and Golem starts to shimmer, and the two Pokemon looks as if they're battling in slow motion due to the slowing of their freefall. Golem, however, has other ideas and Hardens, significantly raising his weight and causing a mental strain for both Pokemon. Kirlia and Froslass sway for a second and then are yanked off the edge of the cliff as if by an invisible rope, eyes still glowing. You find yourself pulled off by Kirlia, and notice an odd sight. As you are falling, it seems as though the bottom isn't getting closer, but that you are constantly getting farther away from the cliffedge.

    What will you do?
    Both her Pokemon got to work.

    Mystic's Grass Knot came bursting out of the cliff wall, forming a kind of grassy net underneath the two plummeting Pokemon... which turned out to be a bad idea as both Growlithe and Golem crashed into the net with considerable whiplash. "Definitely not a good idea..." Nikki said to herself, slightly pained in the possibility she had done the two more harm than good. Golem itself seemed to have different intentions, however, as it roared and Smashed the Rocky wall, producing a Rock Slide which the Rock-type aimed at Growlithe. It sent some of the sharper ones onto the net itself, cutting it cleanly and sending them freefalling again.

    'Do they want to die or something?' came Mystic's dry but worried telepathic voice. Azure seemed to agree.

    Switching onto their fallback plan, the Kirlia and Froslass' eyes glowed blue as their respective Confusion and Psychic provided enough total mental strength to greatly slow the descent of the mysterious canine and stone beast off the mountainside. Once again Golem seemed determined to fall some more, Hardening his rocky exterior to significantly raise its own weight to the point where Nikki's two Pokemon were pushed to their limits. "It's okay, if it's too much for you then you can let it-" the trainer let out a startled cry as Mystic and Azure were snatched from the cliff like ragdolls, bound by an invisible force to the two. She followed soon after, closing her eyes as she felt the rush of wind past her, the pull of gravity... any second now, any second...

    'Open your eyes, Nikki.' this time it was Azure who spoke, but she seemed frightened and relieved at the same time. The rush of wind still flying past her, the girl dared herself to crack open one eye, crying out again but the scene below her was... odd. There was the feel of falling, yes, also the physical and atmospherical sensations, but looking down below, the small body of water did not grow any closer. Then she looked up. The cliff face was rapidly shrinking as the gravity worked its magic... but how? Nausea reignited within Nikki's stomach and her stomach was still somewhat unsettled, but at least she was adjusting- that is, until if or when they landed.

    "I think we should be safe for now..." Nikki gestured towards the unchanging space below them, "Let's just see how this turns out. More importantly," she focused her gaze onto the Pokemon beneath them. Questions whirled chaotically in her head, which for now would remain unanswered.

    "Where did they come from?"

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Farming infractions for noobs.
    Posts
    2,001

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amras.MG View Post
    fishyfool: Becoming increasingly impatient with Ambipom, you realize that you need to put Ambipom back on the defensive before both yours and Infernape's patience snap. Deciding to strike through distraction and fear, you order Volcape to Leer at Ambipom, with a follow-up Thunderpunch. Volcape Leers at Ambipom, though the monkey just laughs at him, obviously amused. Infernape decides to take advantage of Ambipom's momentary phase in concentration and an electrically charged Thunderpunch connects with Ambipom, who screams in pain. Trapped between a fist and a tree, Ambipom is helpless as a thousand volts of electricity course through his veins. Smoke sizzles from Ambipom as its muscles spazz weakly, and Volcape quickly follows up with a series of Furious Swipes. Ambipom groans but manages to push Volcape back with another Gunk Shot. It looks like another hit or two will knock Ambipom out, although it also looks like its attempting to climb back into a tree for height advantage.

    What will you do?

    As Volcape's leer went amusing towards Ambipom, the chimp decided that it was the best time to strike as the Thunderpunch connected and seemed to grill him slightly. With a smirk, Volcape then proceeded to swipe at him furiously before being knocked away by another move. As Jamie watched this, it seemed that the ape was getting weak and trying to retreat to an advantage, something he could not let happen. With a look towards the somewhat-singed Wraith, who was starting to chat with the injured Aipom Jamie was planning to get to safety afterwards, the battle was at the final stages, and it was pretty much natural what to do.

    "Volcape, give the enemy monkey a sudden smack with another mach punch, then finish him off with a swift flame wheel. If he manages to avoid it or survives somwhow, blast him with an ice beam and put the chill on him."

    With a nod, the tiring Infernape cracked his knuckles before rushing for the Ambipom...


    I reject your Nyancats and replace it with my own.
    FB

  17. #42

    Default

    atlantis_kid99: Nausea overwhelms your stomach before you gradually adjust to the strange phenomena going on. Telling Azure and Mystic that you guys seem to be safe for the moment, you refocus on the battling Golem and Growlithe. Both Pokemon seem to be extremely skilled, using the natural environment to gain an advantage in the battle. The two duel for a couple more minutes, before Growlithe looks directly at you. Beside you, Mystic clutches its head, bombarded by Psychic thoughts. Telekinetically communicating with you, Kirlia's distress radiates outwards, and you sense that you're running out of time. Growlithe acts quickly, using a Flamethrower to blast himself away from Golem. Running along the side of the wall, Growlithe puts on a burst of speed right as Golem hurls a massive rock at him. The rock smashes into the cliff face, and knocks out a giant chunk of the wall, revealing a large cavern. Golem grunts in surprise and gasps while Growlithe reverses, using its Agility to counteract gravity and jump into the opening. Growlithe looks directly at you again, panting heavily from its midair battle. It looks like you have 30 seconds to get into the cavern...

    What will you do?

    fishyfool: Noting with a grim satisfaction the Ambipom's tiring out, you order Infernape to finish off the monkey with a few more moves. Ambipom wheezes heavily and latches onto a tree branch right as Infernape hits him with a Punch at Mach speed. Ambipom groans in pain and struggles to protect itself, ripping a tree branch off and smacking Infernape in the face with it. Infernape grabs onto the trunk of a tree and uses his own momentum to propel himself further, Flames starting to Wheel around him. Swinging around the tree, Infernape slams into Ambipom hard, singeing the ape's fur and knocking it into another tree. Ambipom groans and slumps off, obviously done battling. Level up for Infernape. Aipom crawls onto Wraith and Wraith brings Aipom over to you, concerned for the Aipom's health. Infernape also slumps over to you, tired out from his match but visibly worried for Aipom. You recall reading about a therapeutic spring at Crystal Resort...

    What will you do?

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Farming infractions for noobs.
    Posts
    2,001

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amras.MG View Post

    fishyfool: Noting with a grim satisfaction the Ambipom's tiring out, you order Infernape to finish off the monkey with a few more moves. Ambipom wheezes heavily and latches onto a tree branch right as Infernape hits him with a Punch at Mach speed. Ambipom groans in pain and struggles to protect itself, ripping a tree branch off and smacking Infernape in the face with it. Infernape grabs onto the trunk of a tree and uses his own momentum to propel himself further, Flames starting to Wheel around him. Swinging around the tree, Infernape slams into Ambipom hard, singeing the ape's fur and knocking it into another tree. Ambipom groans and slumps off, obviously done battling. Level up for Infernape. Aipom crawls onto Wraith and Wraith brings Aipom over to you, concerned for the Aipom's health. Infernape also slumps over to you, tired out from his match but visibly worried for Aipom. You recall reading about a therapeutic spring at Crystal Resort...

    What will you do?
    As Ambipom began its manner of evasion, Volcape blitzed forward and struck the monkey in the chest with the hasty punch, only for the inventive ape to use a branch ripped from a tree to pelt across the Infernape's face as he grabbed onto a nearby tree and used it as a pendulum for momentum as he slammed the Ambipom grandly IN FLAMES, and as it fell to the ground, Jamie knew the battle was decided.

    Exhausted, Volcape slumped over to his trainer as Wraith, having recovered enough to have some strength, carries the injured Aipom over with a look on his face as to the condition of the smaller monkey. Nodding, Jamie remembered the leaflet about a spring at Crystal Resort, which was designed for therapy, and noting the singed Mudkip, the knackered Infernape and the wounded Aipom, Jamie pretty much nodded as he took Volcape's arm over his shoulder for support and cradled the Aipom with the other, before nodding.

    "Good work Volcape, I think it's time for some R 'n' R, eh? We'll head to Crystal Resort and hope no other distractions get in our way, both to get some rest and to help this little guy."

    With a grunt, the four of them started off for Crystal Resort, the domed roof glinting in the distance...


    I reject your Nyancats and replace it with my own.
    FB

  19. #44

    Default

    fishyfool: Supporting your Pokemon and congratulating Volcape on his victory over the Ambipom, your team trudge wearily to the Crystal Resort, welcoming the blast of air conditioning in sharp contrast with the humidity outside. The Resort sparkles like a crystal polished to perfection, the epitomy of grace and style in architecture. Limping up to the front counter, you gently set Aipom on the cool marble and take a second to catch your breath before talking to the receptionist. The lady at the counter looks worriedly at Aipom before a nurse takes it to the back. She turns to you and thanks you for your help in apprehending the Ambipom. Noting the massive amount of sweat covering yourself and your Pokemon, she winks at you and slides your name onto the "Free Guest List", mentioning that she can't charge a person who did such a good deed for a little cutie like Aipom. Handing you a towel and a list of services, she leads you to a series of doors, each leading to a different therapeutic area of the Resort. There are massages, enhanced relaxation chambers with super comfy beds, a lounge with calming music playing, or the sauna room. She explains that each one has only three other trainers in them max, so as to provide a personal experience for complete relaxation.

    What will you do?

    [Reposts]
    [Reposts]
    arcanumghost: Quickly recapping your knowledge of the situation to make sure you had received the information from Trapinch correctly, you ask Adam to communicate with the Diglett once again. Trapinch waddles off again and starts to chat with the guard Diglett. Nodding his understanding, Trapinch proceeds to waddle back to you. Adam takes in a deep breath and starts to mime out his message, making sure you completely understand it. It looks like the Diglett would greatly appreciate any sort of help with their construction, meaning they would gladly accept Trapinch's digging abilities as well as any other abilities. Diglett had mentioned that since his species in unable to swim, they cannot check the river to see if something is speeding up the erosion, and thus a Horsea would be very helpful in this endeavor. Adam nods at Diglett to signal that the message has been conveyed, and the guard quickly Digs a set of stairs in the ground and motions you down them. Farfetch'd salutes Diglett quickly and continues to sweep the surface. Eating your lunch as you go underground, you notice the strong walls and smooth ceiling of a giant cavern. The cavern is polished due to the efforts of thousands of tiny Digletts, and the only sign of trouble is a small trickle of water near the north wall. With a sharp cry, Diglett returns to the surface after pointing you to the openings to the river and the construction Digletts. It looks like all the other Diglett are super busy fortifying their home...

    What will you do?

    Ytnim: Bolstering your Pokemon's confidence with a small peptalk, you keep your attention tuned to the battle. Manectric growls and rushes Skarmory, tendrils of electricity Sparking through the birds wing while Skarmory is breathing heavily from its Hyper Beam. The bird cries out in pain before Manectric gets close using Quick attack. Blitz' Fangs glow with a bright Fire just before he chomps down on that same wing, and the Skarmory gives a last cry before fainting. Level up for Blitz. Skarmory's form doesn't stay on the ground though, and a red light engulfs the steel bird, summoning it above you and to the right a bit. Dr. Hserf's eyes flash to the location of the beam, and he dashes over to you while Tonic and Rapidash exchange Hydro Pumps and Fire Blasts. The doctor's eyes radiate concern, and he quickly informs you that you need to get going... NOW. Rapidash is knocked against the canyon wall while you're talking, and Tonic uses the opportunity to draw the fire away from you. Grabbing your arm, Dr. Hserf sprints across the canyon and ducks behind a rock. From this angle, it looks as though there is a robot standing just above the cliff where you were, clearly directing Rapidash and supposedly the Skarmory before it. Rapidash neighs in pain, clearly battered by Tonic's Mind Reader-Hydro Pump combination. The robot looks straight at you, and points. Your ears give out for a second, and you feel strange experiencing the world with no sound at all. Dr. Hserf pulls out a mirror from his pocket and aims carefully, and sound comes rushing back at you all at once. It seems he does in fact have some idea of what's going on...

    What will you do?

    atlantis_kid99:
    Nausea overwhelms your stomach before you gradually adjust to the strange phenomena going on. Telling Azure and Mystic that you guys seem to be safe for the moment, you refocus on the battling Golem and Growlithe. Both Pokemon seem to be extremely skilled, using the natural environment to gain an advantage in the battle. The two duel for a couple more minutes, before Growlithe looks directly at you. Beside you, Mystic clutches its head, bombarded by Psychic thoughts. Telekinetically communicating with you, Kirlia's distress radiates outwards, and you sense that you're running out of time. Growlithe acts quickly, using a Flamethrower to blast himself away from Golem. Running along the side of the wall, Growlithe puts on a burst of speed right as Golem hurls a massive rock at him. The rock smashes into the cliff face, and knocks out a giant chunk of the wall, revealing a large cavern. Golem grunts in surprise and gasps while Growlithe reverses, using its Agility to counteract gravity and jump into the opening. Growlithe looks directly at you again, panting heavily from its midair battle. It looks like you have 30 seconds to get into the cavern...

    What will you do?

    psychopath:
    Shocked by the power of the tourist's Pokemon, you ask the girl if she could help battle with her Bonsly. Looking at you with wide eyes, the girl can barely make out a "what?". She explains that Bonsly has never battled before... in fact, she doesn't even know if it has any attacks. Bonsly, however, has other ideas as it starts to glow purple, Copycatting the Psychic used before. Bonsly cries out as a wave of Psychic energy ripples out of its tiny body, flinging Gloom back into its trainer. As Gloom collides with its trainer, the small girl yells out, rushing to catch her Bonsly which has just fainted from using Psychic as its first ever attack. You catch sight of an odd marking on the tourists arm as Gloom rips his shirt, a weird tattoo of a meteorite colliding with the earth.

    Turning back to Valor and Mortimer, you quickly order Mortimer to use an Icy Wind, and Mortimer does so, buying himself some time to set up a Shadow Sneak/Sucker Punch combo while Valor creates a small halo of water around himself, using Aqua Ring to heal. Mortimer catches up to Gloom and hits it hard with the Sucker Punch, keeping Gloom on the defensive, who spits Acid at Mortimer too try and give it some space. Mothim attempts to use another Psychic, but is interrupted by a Water Pulse smashing into it. As Mothim flies back, his Psychic attack goes awry and hits Gloom, causing massive damage. Gloom unsteadily gets back to its feet, although it looks like it could faint with another few attacks. Mothim uses another Twister to blow away the Brine coming towards him, although the winds cause his trainer shirt to lift up, revealing an identical tattoo...

    What will you do?
    Last edited by Amras.MG; 27th February 2009 at 5:19 PM.

  20. #45

    Default

    Cortoza's cap has been lifted to include the next three posters.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chi-town
    Posts
    663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amras.MG View Post
    Cortoza's cap has been lifted to include the next three posters.
    *OOC: Thanks for the offer! You know I've been wanting to adventure here for a long time, so I'll definitely take you up on it!


    Splash! Splash! Two figures vanished quickly beneath the ocean’s choppy surface. As the white-capped waves lapped against the sides of the S.S. Serenity, the watchers aboard the luxurious ocean liner stared unblinkingly at the spot where the two figures had just gone under. Suddenly, the tiny, onion-shaped head of a male Meditite broke the surface. Coughing and spluttering, he spit out a mouthful of salty seawater and glanced anxiously from side-to-side, looking for his companion. Onboard the observation level, a young couple out for a romantic stroll heard the commotion. Concerned, they rushed to the railing and leaned over. They held their breath when they saw the look of panic on the face of the worried Meditite. Just then, a brown-haired teenage boy surfaced a few metres away from the Meditite, gasping desparately for air. Noticing the Meditite’s anxious expression at once, the teenager grinned sheepishly and shrugged. A look of relief crossed the Meditite’s face, while the young couple let out a grateful sigh.

    At that moment, an angry, stentorian voice boomed from the lower starboard deck, causing the young couple to bolt in surprise. Almost as if they expected it, the teenager and the Meditite turned towards the ship. “Tha’s ’ow we ’andle stowaways who don’ pay!” A stout, muscular sailor reprovingly brandished a mop in their direction. “Tryin’ ter ‘ideout in the cargo hold are ya?! Well ’ave fun swimmin’ ter the nearest isle! Haharr! Haharr!” Laughing cruelly, he pointed the wooden-handled mop at a small speck just barely visible on the horizon before disappearing through a door in the side of the ship. Unable to do anything, the young couple took one last look at the helpless pair bobbing up and down in the water, shrugged apologetically, and resumed their amorous walk around the deck.

    Within moments, the ocean liner had gone, leaving the teenager and the Meditite all alone in the middle of the sea. The teenager, Benjamin Hale, a former member of the gang Red Gyarados - along with his reckless Meditite partner, Medeo - had traveled to this curious land in order to atone for the sins of his past by offering help to anyone in need. Things weren’t going so well however - as usual, they were out of money and food. Having blown all their coins at Jirachi’s Casino, the two friends had decided to stowaway amongst the boxes and crates in the cargo hold of the oceangoing vessel. Unfortunately, they had been discovered by a sailor scrubbing the bowels of the ship and had been uncerimoniously tossed overboard. Rocked back and forth by the waves, Ben turned to Medeo and shrugged. “Well mate, I guess there’s nothing left but to swim for it.” He motioned to the small island in the distance. Medeo nodded and they were off.

    * * *

    Many hours later, Ben and Medeo dragged themselves ashore; cold, sore, and tired, yet thankful they had not encountered any Tentacool or Sharpedo during their swim. Clothes dripping and teeth chattering, Ben turned to his diminutive companion, “L-l-l-let’s g-g-g-get a f-f-f-fire g-g-g-going, m-m-m-mate.” Medeo nodded and the two friends began scouring the gritty beach for driftwood. After only a few minutes, they had piled up enough timber to get a good-sized blaze started. Still shivering, Ben said, “U-u-u-use f-f-f-fire p-p-p-punch, b-b-b-but n-n-n-not t-t-t-too h-h-h-hard or i-i-i-it’ll s-s-s-splinter.” A FIERY aura surrounded Medeo’s fist as he picked up a piece of kindling. Rather than PUNCHing it though, he merely tapped it. The stick ignited almost instantly, and the yoga Pokemon hurriedly tossed it onto the pile. He repeated this process several times. When he had finished, satisfied with his labors he collapsed beside the blaze, exhausted from the work and the swim. While Medeo got the bonfire going, Ben stripped down to his boxers, setting his drenched clothes and saturated messenger bag close to the heat to dry. Sitting down on the ground near his little partner, he joined the Meditite in gazing at the roaring flames.



    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post

    The Island
    The constant heat seeping up through Cortoza's volcanic soil has given the island a distinct tropical feel, a vast and winding rainforest taking up a large percentage of the land's mass and surrounding each of Cortoza's mountains. The rainforest is humid and full of life, but also very dangerous. The ground is unstable in certain areas making hiking through the forest dangerous even for the most experienced of guides. Several patches of arid, rocky land dot the island, where no vegetation will grow, and it's there that some of the strongest and most fearsome Pokémon roam.

    Areas:
    Shale Beach: Shale Beach stretches around the outskirts of the island itself. Its sand is gritty and black, not at all the postcard picture you want to be sending home.



    Ben and Medeo enjoyed the fire’s warm embrace for a long while before Ben finally spoke. “I don’t know about you, but I’m hungry, mate. When was the last time we had anything to eat?” Medeo shrugged and held up his palms. “Yeah, I can’t remember, either.” Ben replied. He rose to his feet, and continued, “Well, we better see if we can find something to eat. Who knows how long we’ll be here.” As Ben got into his no-longer soaked clothes, Medeo extinguished the fire by kicking sand, dirt, and rocks onto it. The Meditite came to an abrupt halt though, as he unearthed the tattered remains of an old flyer. With a quizzical look, he picked it up and handed it to Ben. Turning the torn scrap of paper over in his hand, Ben read it out loud. “Research Lab: A division of Volcanity Inc., this scientific team has set up equipment at several locations across the island in order to study the geological effects of past eruptions on the current environment, as well as to track any current seismic activity. Sometimes they can use some help, so if you offer your services you may be able to take on a job.” He glanced at Medeo. “What d’you think they pay, mate? We could sure use the money for food.” Medeo nodded eagerly.

    Scanning their surroundings with his grey-green eyes, Ben considered their options. He picked up his messenger bag and slung it over his shoulder, remarking, “There’s not much to see here - ocean, beach, forest. We’ve already been in the ocean and I’ve got a bad feeling about the forest; let’s follow the coastline until we can find one of those Research Labs, or else someone who can guide us there.” Once again Medeo nodded his approval. Cramming the tattered flyer into his pocket, the black clad trainer fell into step beside the small Meditite, and the two set off along the beach in search of Volcanity Inc.’s Research Lab, unsure of what fate had in store for them…



    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post

    Research Lab: A division of Volcanity Inc., this scientific team has set up equipment at several locations across the island in order to study the geological effects of past eruptions on the current environment, as well as to track any current seismic activity. Sometimes they can use some help, so if you offer your services you may be able to take on a job.


    *OOC: Hopefully, all the quotes weren't too confusing. In short: Arrived at Shale Beach, currently on Shale Beach, wanting to head to the Research Lab. And thanks again for lifting the cap.


    __________________________________
    fb
    Last edited by -Hayward-; 6th March 2009 at 2:13 AM. Reason: grammar mistakes

  22. #47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amras.MG View Post
    arcanumghost: Quickly recapping your knowledge of the situation to make sure you had received the information from Trapinch correctly, you ask Adam to communicate with the Diglett once again. Trapinch waddles off again and starts to chat with the guard Diglett. Nodding his understanding, Trapinch proceeds to waddle back to you. Adam takes in a deep breath and starts to mime out his message, making sure you completely understand it. It looks like the Diglett would greatly appreciate any sort of help with their construction, meaning they would gladly accept Trapinch's digging abilities as well as any other abilities. Diglett had mentioned that since his species in unable to swim, they cannot check the river to see if something is speeding up the erosion, and thus a Horsea would be very helpful in this endeavor. Adam nods at Diglett to signal that the message has been conveyed, and the guard quickly Digs a set of stairs in the ground and motions you down them. Farfetch'd salutes Diglett quickly and continues to sweep the surface. Eating your lunch as you go underground, you notice the strong walls and smooth ceiling of a giant cavern. The cavern is polished due to the efforts of thousands of tiny Digletts, and the only sign of trouble is a small trickle of water near the north wall. With a sharp cry, Diglett returns to the surface after pointing you to the openings to the river and the construction Digletts. It looks like all the other Diglett are super busy fortifying their home...
    After conveying another message relay to Arcanum through pantemime and charades, Arcanum had received the wishes of the Diglett. Although Adam cheerfully conveyed the first message, it was apparent that thinking of ways to speak to Arcanum was starting to wear on him, and he certainly wasn't enjoying the playful means of communicating as much as he was before. Never the less, he gets the message out and the way the stands now Diglett would be delighted to have Arcanum's help. After getting the signal from Adam, the Diglett made quick work of the ground in front of Arcanum and soon he was looking at a staircase in to the earth. Wow, he's really good at what he does. Arcanum thought. The Farfetch'd made a noise at this point, and looking up Arcanum saw that it was saluting the Diglett, who responded with a bow in turn, before returning to its sweeping with the stick.

    The sandwich was nearly gone by the time Arcanum reached the cavern the Diglett had granted Arcanum access too only moments before. In the large room, Arcanum saw more pokémon than he had ever seen in his life, and it was apparent that the ecosystem had been allowed to thrive unchecked by humans for quite some time. There had to be thousands of Digletts running around perfecting the structural integrity of the massive underground cavern! There was a small trickle of water creating a puddle on the cavern floor and it seemed several Diglett were relaying dirt to the spot and several others using the dirt to try to slow the leaky wall. The diglett that had escorted them down showed the way to the river and then disappeared to carry on his duties with the Farfetch'd above ground.

    "Adam, first thing I'm going to go to the river's edge and see if I can figure out a way to stem the water, and I'm sure you'd be able to help Brooks," Arcanum explained. After a nod, Adam followed Arcanum through the path leading to the river's edge. Arcanum reached to his side where three small red and white balls were attached to his belt. Grabbing the last one, he tapped the small button and threw the enlarged pokéball at the ground about a foot away from the water, and soon his Horsea was materializing in the water. Pulling out his pokédex to review Horsea's current list of moves, he decided it was time to give some orders.

    He was interrupted however, by something moving in his backpack. "The egg! It's starting to hatch!" Arcanum exclaimed, tearing open his backpack to reveal the egg that had been stored there. Small shards flew off the egg in every direction. A newborn Nincada leapt from the hole and buried itself in Arcanum's jacket pocket. Whipping out his pokédex, he exclaimed in excitement moments later, "Nincada is a ground pokémon too! Hm... I think I'm going to name her Lyre. Adam, you and Lyre can help each other when we go back downstairs!"

    After thinking silently to himself for nearly a minute, Arcanum decided on a good way to help the Diglett down below. "Ok, Adam, I want you to start using Mud-Slap and Sand Attack to dig a path away from the river so it leads away from the wall the Diglett are trying to fortify down below. Then, Brooks, use Aurora Beam to create a wall of ice, forcing the water to follow Adam's path instead of the river's flow. Adam, if you work quickly, do you think we can dry up the riverbed in half an hour?" Arcanum dictated. The Trapinch answered with a nod, and asking the same to his Horsea he received another nod. "Alright then, get to work you guys!" Arcanum shouted encouragingly. I sure hope this works... he thought secretly to himself.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amras.MG View Post
    [Reposts]
    [Reposts]
    atlantis_kid99: Nausea overwhelms your stomach before you gradually adjust to the strange phenomena going on. Telling Azure and Mystic that you guys seem to be safe for the moment, you refocus on the battling Golem and Growlithe. Both Pokemon seem to be extremely skilled, using the natural environment to gain an advantage in the battle. The two duel for a couple more minutes, before Growlithe looks directly at you. Beside you, Mystic clutches its head, bombarded by Psychic thoughts. Telekinetically communicating with you, Kirlia's distress radiates outwards, and you sense that you're running out of time. Growlithe acts quickly, using a Flamethrower to blast himself away from Golem. Running along the side of the wall, Growlithe puts on a burst of speed right as Golem hurls a massive rock at him. The rock smashes into the cliff face, and knocks out a giant chunk of the wall, revealing a large cavern. Golem grunts in surprise and gasps while Growlithe reverses, using its Agility to counteract gravity and jump into the opening. Growlithe looks directly at you again, panting heavily from its midair battle. It looks like you have 30 seconds to get into the cavern...

    What will you do?
    As gravity pulled them nearer yet not nearer at the same time to the bottom, a lot was going on in mid-air right now. Both Golem and Growlithe seemed highly proficient in the battling aspect, the latter of which was surprising given it was merely a "puppy" Pokemon, but nonetheless it held strategy and power. For a moment Nikki re-considered her almost instantaneous assumption that Golem was the antagonist and Growlithe the protagonist, of sorts. Who or what were these Pokemon? Again and again she found herself drawn to the puzzling circumstances they were now in, more importantly the two she had been trying to save and fight at once.

    It was then Growlithe made direct eye contact with Nikki. In that same moment the Kirlia beside her cried out on shock and pain as he seemed to be bombarded psychically, the natural empathy between Mystic and his trainer making her sense his distress. Nikki, to be honest, wasn't sure what to think as Growlithe took the chance to blast himself away from Golem with a ferocious Flamethrower, darting lightly as if running on water across the cliff face. Golem roared again as another one of his rocks was sent brutally crashing into the cliff face... this time, however, it was odd. The rock surrounding the area where the rock struck was smashed clean off, revealing a hidden cavern. Golem appeared equally shocked as Growlithe nimbly showed its Agility, working against gravity to zip into the cavern- and also possibly safety. Nikki caught its eye once more- from its exhausted eyes it was clear the trainer needed to land alongside with it, but how?

    There was only a narrow timeframe in which she could do this, so she hastily thought of a plan, fingering her Ponyta Ember's PokeBall in case they needed her help. "Mystic, Azure, we have to get in that cavern," she said urgently. "Psychic and Confusion to slow us down gradually but quickly so we don't get any whiplash, then if you can another Psychic to bring us safely into the opening of that cavern- Mystic try a Grass Knot to secure us to we can all get in there safely. Otherwise Confusion to help Azure."

    I don't know what's down there and I don't want to find out, the trainer thought. Better get to safety now then discover everything the hard way. But if her improvised plan failed, then they would have to discover it after all...

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Farming infractions for noobs.
    Posts
    2,001

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amras.MG View Post
    fishyfool: Supporting your Pokemon and congratulating Volcape on his victory over the Ambipom, your team trudge wearily to the Crystal Resort, welcoming the blast of air conditioning in sharp contrast with the humidity outside. The Resort sparkles like a crystal polished to perfection, the epitomy of grace and style in architecture. Limping up to the front counter, you gently set Aipom on the cool marble and take a second to catch your breath before talking to the receptionist. The lady at the counter looks worriedly at Aipom before a nurse takes it to the back. She turns to you and thanks you for your help in apprehending the Ambipom. Noting the massive amount of sweat covering yourself and your Pokemon, she winks at you and slides your name onto the "Free Guest List", mentioning that she can't charge a person who did such a good deed for a little cutie like Aipom. Handing you a towel and a list of services, she leads you to a series of doors, each leading to a different therapeutic area of the Resort. There are massages, enhanced relaxation chambers with super comfy beds, a lounge with calming music playing, or the sauna room. She explains that each one has only three other trainers in them max, so as to provide a personal experience for complete relaxation.

    What will you do?

    As the four of them entered the Crystal Resort, taking in the splendour, the receptionist looked at the Aipom in the sense of slight concern before a nurse thankfully came along and helped the little monkey towards the back. Somehow, the nurse thanked Jamie for apprehending said Ambipom, instantly making the trainer wonder how she knew this, but decided it best not to inquire as Volcape's face lit up more than usual to see their name shift into the Free Guest List, meaning that Jamie wouldn't have to shell out for therapy. Happily receiving the towel, Jamie noted the four seperate areas, and had logical thoughts about the preferable relaxation. The sauna was pretty much out of the question, as Volcape would find it rather uncomfortable, while spending some time in the relaxation chambers would simply cause a potential fire hazard. Nodding to the Mudkip and Infernape, Jamie headed towards the doorway for the lounge, hoping to relax a little while he wondered what to name his latest addition to the team as he gave the new years' ball a small tap, revealing a rather dozy little Geodudette, the first female on the team.

    "Hey, little girl, how're you doing? We're just going to relax a little here, so don't worry. In fact, we'll have a think for your name."


    I reject your Nyancats and replace it with my own.
    FB

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    NONYA BIZNEZ
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amras.MG View Post
    psychopath: Shocked by the power of the tourist's Pokemon, you ask the girl if she could help battle with her Bonsly. Looking at you with wide eyes, the girl can barely make out a "what?". She explains that Bonsly has never battled before... in fact, she doesn't even know if it has any attacks. Bonsly, however, has other ideas as it starts to glow purple, Copycatting the Psychic used before. Bonsly cries out as a wave of Psychic energy ripples out of its tiny body, flinging Gloom back into its trainer. As Gloom collides with its trainer, the small girl yells out, rushing to catch her Bonsly which has just fainted from using Psychic as its first ever attack. You catch sight of an odd marking on the tourists arm as Gloom rips his shirt, a weird tattoo of a meteorite colliding with the earth.

    Turning back to Valor and Mortimer, you quickly order Mortimer to use an Icy Wind, and Mortimer does so, buying himself some time to set up a Shadow Sneak/Sucker Punch combo while Valor creates a small halo of water around himself, using Aqua Ring to heal. Mortimer catches up to Gloom and hits it hard with the Sucker Punch, keeping Gloom on the defensive, who spits Acid at Mortimer too try and give it some space. Mothim attempts to use another Psychic, but is interrupted by a Water Pulse smashing into it. As Mothim flies back, his Psychic attack goes awry and hits Gloom, causing massive damage. Gloom unsteadily gets back to its feet, although it looks like it could faint with another few attacks. Mothim uses another Twister to blow away the Brine coming towards him, although the winds cause his trainer shirt to lift up, revealing an identical tattoo...

    What will you do?

    He looked at the people's tatoos and thought about them for a second before speaking: "What the f*ck? What are you? Some sort of emo death cult?" He realised he shouldn't have said that, crazy people will do anything when offended. He looked at the girl and the village, both innocent things that had been attacked by crazy cults. "Thanks for the help Bonsly, I'll give you a very awesome berry when were done here." He looked at the battlefield and decided to get this over as fast as possible. I wish I had some superstrong giant pokemon to scare these guys away, but we have to make do, come on guys!"

    He thought of a quick strategy for the round and called it out. " Mortimer, the Mothim is your target this round, aim at it with a well-aimed Sucker Punch, that should atart off this battle well. Next, Valor, cover yourself in Mirror coat, most of their attacks are non-physical, being able to counter them is nice. Mortimer, follow that up with a sneaky attack from the shadows. Valor Flop around flailing and let yourself get hit and while the others are distracted return the power of their attacks. At the same time as that Pay them back for all they've done to you Mortimer." He laughed at the thought, he wanted to go to a pool and ended put fighting some sort of neo-cult. Retarded.


Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •