Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
Results 251 to 275 of 293

Thread: The Archaeology Zone's Recorded History

  1. #251
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Classified
    Posts
    3,065

    Default

    The Isle of Talas

    The Western Pyramid

    Empoleon Dynamite
    If the presence of Negaduck has frightened Piplup any, the new revelation of your freshly evolved Ludicolo is certainly sending the Penguin Pokémon quailing in fright, and even Beaker looks somewhat perturbed. Meanwhile, Slowking's unreadable expression dips but into a slight frown as Negaduck's raucous laughter echoes through the chamber, though much to your chagrin it seems your tainted Pokémon still retains its conditional penchant for disobedience. Another Shadow Rave thunders through the floor, notably bigger in size now that Negaduck's gone up two scales in evolution, and when they reach their target Slowking is tossed upwards from the spikes erupting under its feet.

    Rubbing his new pair of hands in thorough glee, Negaduck saunters forward with the aforementioned limbs, grabbing Slowking under its armpits and starting to Tickle the Royal Pokémon into submission. It takes a while for Slowking's stoic expression to show some form of change, but as its mouth finally opens you spot an ominous pink bubble emerge from its maw before Slowking begins to chortle in surrender. With little distance between origin and target the Yawn bubble pops right on Negaduck's forehead, causing the Carefree Pokémon to reciprocate in kind with a yawn of his own. Blistering with more negative energy Negaduck tries performing a close-ranged Shadow Rush, slamming full-bodiedly into his larger foe, but halfway through the phase you see him crumple down onto the floor fast asleep. Now it becomes Slowking's turn to show its Nastier side, as it begins to Plot just what to do with its Ludicolo opposition...

  2. #252
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowshocker View Post
    The Isle of Talas

    The Western Pyramid

    Empoleon Dynamite
    If the presence of Negaduck has frightened Piplup any, the new revelation of your freshly evolved Ludicolo is certainly sending the Penguin Pokémon quailing in fright, and even Beaker looks somewhat perturbed. Meanwhile, Slowking's unreadable expression dips but into a slight frown as Negaduck's raucous laughter echoes through the chamber, though much to your chagrin it seems your tainted Pokémon still retains its conditional penchant for disobedience. Another Shadow Rave thunders through the floor, notably bigger in size now that Negaduck's gone up two scales in evolution, and when they reach their target Slowking is tossed upwards from the spikes erupting under its feet.

    Rubbing his new pair of hands in thorough glee, Negaduck saunters forward with the aforementioned limbs, grabbing Slowking under its armpits and starting to Tickle the Royal Pokémon into submission. It takes a while for Slowking's stoic expression to show some form of change, but as its mouth finally opens you spot an ominous pink bubble emerge from its maw before Slowking begins to chortle in surrender. With little distance between origin and target the Yawn bubble pops right on Negaduck's forehead, causing the Carefree Pokémon to reciprocate in kind with a yawn of his own. Blistering with more negative energy Negaduck tries performing a close-ranged Shadow Rush, slamming full-bodiedly into his larger foe, but halfway through the phase you see him crumple down onto the floor fast asleep. Now it becomes Slowking's turn to show its Nastier side, as it begins to Plot just what to do with its Ludicolo opposition...
    “Something’s never change”, Wes droned to himself with the scarlet crayfish chirping lowly in affirmation. Yep, the shadow fiend had quickly swayed from his orders and taken his own approach. Negaduck plodded both feet into the ground, small bits of debris dislodging from the tomb’s cracks as an energetic pulse of darkness rippled forward. The black energy splintered once more, jostling the hefty hippo out of its defensive stance and throwing it onto its bottom! Maybe Negaduck did know better than Wes, after all the leech seed tact would’ve caused nowhere such a dent in the Slowking’s saggy pink armour. The streak of disobedience may have been an opportunity in disguise, but the boy knew he’d prefer more control over the match’s outcome. The Ludicolo barked up a twisted cackle, his fingerless mitts rubbing warmly against each over as though he was cooking up the nastiest of schemes. He waddled forward in a quick burst of speed, following Wes’ direction as he wriggled his fingers frenziedly about the leisurely Slowking. Wes was befuddled by the regal Pokémon’s delayed reactions, a great deal of time passing before the dim foe finally began to sweat with rapture. Desperate to break free from the torture, Slowking rebottled with a sluggish yawn captured within a snot bubble causing the boy the cringe. The bubble steadily splashed against the Mexican demon’s cheek, a thick cloud of drowse enveloping his psych causing another yawn in return. This wasn’t a good sign at all... Despite feeling weak and tired the fanatical Negaduck would be hard-pressed to sleep that easily, releasing one final tackle to the foes plump abdomen. The shadow coated lunge was cut off half-way, Ludicolo dropping to the hard floor like a tonne of bricks. Wes stared pensively at the Slowking; above the hellish snoring the sloth seemed to be channelling its darkest thoughts. There wasn’t a whole lot to do with a sleeping Pokémon, so they’d either have to hang tight and hope for the best or try waking the Shadow Pokémon.

    “Try your hands at another Tickle, then Leech Seed and slap him silly with some Fury Swipes!”, Wes bit his lip, the prospect of him getting a punch in arms way all being up to chance. Maybe they could help in some way. “Corphish, splash Ludicolo with a light Bubble attack to liven his senses”

  3. #253
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Classified
    Posts
    3,065

    Default

    The Isle of Talas

    The Western Pyramid

    Empoleon Dynamite
    With Negaduck incapacitated in his sleeping state, alongside orders for the Shadow Ludicolo you request Beaker to give her colleague an early wake-up call. Feeling a little snarky at the chance of a free smack to the Shadow Pokémon, your Corphish launches a stream of Bubbles from her claws, only for them to be stopped by a mysterious barrier rising from the boundaries of the battlefield to intercept the energy blasts. Slowking looks at you, waggling its finger in a sort of "no-no" expression; the challenge must have been designed to disallow any external interference outside a 1-on-1 battle scenario. This certainly doesn't spell good news for you as Slowking raises its other hand, emanating a sinister red aura that slowly envelops Negaduck and begins to Eat what Dreams he might be experiencing. Soon enough Negaduck is roused from slumber, albeit a lot more exhausted than when he first started out fighting.

    It doesn't take long, though, for Negaduck to realise that he's been had or some equivalent of negative resultant, and growlingly he charges to finish what he started earlier, succeeding in sending Slowking skidding backwards with his blistering Shadow Rush. Jumping around the Royal Pokémon like a ritual sacrifice, Negaduck eyes the wary Slowking maliciously before the plant above his head glows, firing to your delight a Leech Seed that plops onto the kingly shell before exploding in overgrowth, scattering tendrils all over Slowking's body but not really restricting the standing Pokémon. A cackle is heard as energy begins to gather about Negaduck's hands, reminiscent of his brief intermediate stage as he prepares for a Fury Swipes, but that is soon interrupted as Slowking launches a massive wave of its Psychic power, exacting revenge as the considerably damaged Negaduck is thrown back quite forcefully...

  4. #254
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowshocker View Post
    The Isle of Talas

    The Western Pyramid

    Empoleon Dynamite
    With Negaduck incapacitated in his sleeping state, alongside orders for the Shadow Ludicolo you request Beaker to give her colleague an early wake-up call. Feeling a little snarky at the chance of a free smack to the Shadow Pokémon, your Corphish launches a stream of Bubbles from her claws, only for them to be stopped by a mysterious barrier rising from the boundaries of the battlefield to intercept the energy blasts. Slowking looks at you, waggling its finger in a sort of "no-no" expression; the challenge must have been designed to disallow any external interference outside a 1-on-1 battle scenario. This certainly doesn't spell good news for you as Slowking raises its other hand, emanating a sinister red aura that slowly envelops Negaduck and begins to Eat what Dreams he might be experiencing. Soon enough Negaduck is roused from slumber, albeit a lot more exhausted than when he first started out fighting.

    It doesn't take long, though, for Negaduck to realise that he's been had or some equivalent of negative resultant, and growlingly he charges to finish what he started earlier, succeeding in sending Slowking skidding backwards with his blistering Shadow Rush. Jumping around the Royal Pokémon like a ritual sacrifice, Negaduck eyes the wary Slowking maliciously before the plant above his head glows, firing to your delight a Leech Seed that plops onto the kingly shell before exploding in overgrowth, scattering tendrils all over Slowking's body but not really restricting the standing Pokémon. A cackle is heard as energy begins to gather about Negaduck's hands, reminiscent of his brief intermediate stage as he prepares for a Fury Swipes, but that is soon interrupted as Slowking launches a massive wave of its Psychic power, exacting revenge as the considerably damaged Negaduck is thrown back quite forcefully...
    Wes rubbed his grubby fingers against his shaggy hair, audience to a skirmish that wasn’t too much in their favour. Negaduck was sound asleep, grunting loudly and snorting like a wild hog. As his mate attempted to refresh the Pokémon with a stream of bubbles, the Technicolor blobs weakly splashing against a semi-transparent barrier much to her shock. The battle was one-on-one, and the regal foe was determined to keep it that way. Left helpless in restoring the duck’s siesta the boy held tight in hopes it wouldn’t interfere with the game. The pink dragon stretched its stubby paw, uncoiling its sausage finger which sparkled a sinister scarlet... The reddish fog ensnarled the sleeping villain like an anaconda, squeezing away the reverie echoing through his mind for his own glut. If anything, this was an unsettling wakeup method, snapping the Ludicolo out of his slumber whilst sapping a portion of energy. Wes wasn’t too fazed; the Leech Seed would make up for the energy loss.

    Shaking away the dizzy sensation, the duck snapped once more, determined to finish what he started. Tackling forward his pineapple body oozed with shadow energy, knocking the podgy foe a few paces rearward. Wes raised a curious eyebrow, the manic Negaduck teetering around Slowking to the sound of his own tribal quacks. Meeting an equally perplexed Slowking he hastily spat his seed which webbed into a vast net upon nesting against the hippo’s bivalve crown. Wes squeezed his fists excitedly. With the blossoming tendrils knotted all about the monarch’s limbs, Negaduck snorted uncontrollably as white scythes of energy extended from each of his stubby mitts. The fruit leaped forward like a rabid cougar, however the stone-faced Slowking seemed more than prepared as it channelled its psych. Suddenly! A thick of psychic power exploded from the water type, easily blocking the Shadow Pokemon’s physical assault and throwing him backward to boot! The duck weakly ricocheted back to his feet, ready to jump back into the battle all by himself. It was token for Wes to order though, even if he was completely blanked half the time...

    “With Leech Seed in effect pal, you’re best keeping your distance and firing a long-range Shadow Rave”, Wes’s face crumpled, having faced the cunning status attacks his Shadow adversary had fallen play to one too many times, “If Slowking tries to hit you with a physical attack use Nature Power! If he stays back, charge forward with an all out offense tactic, a clean left hook Thunder Punch – finish off regardless with a bonk to his crown with Shadow Rush
    Last edited by Emp; 30th October 2009 at 3:51 PM.

  5. #255
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Classified
    Posts
    3,065

    Default

    The Isle of Talas

    The Western Pyramid

    Empoleon Dynamite
    Having went midway into battle with turbulent turns in every direction, it almost looks as though Negaduck is willing to accede to your requests for now, taking a few lively steps and hops backwards before exploding another Shadow Rave into the flooring. Stalwart as ever, Slowking winces while the phantasmic spikes spear it through the inside, much to the cackling laughter of your Shadow Ludicolo. The chuckling soon stops, however, as an Icy Wind breathes over the aquatic plant; boosted by Calm Mind and Nasty Plot the chilling effect seems to do quite a number on your Pokémon, already weakened by previous rounds, and with his bill chattering it takes the red-eyed Ludicolo a while to regain his furious outlook. Out of nowhere, Rocks begin forming in the battle chamber before Sliding towards Slowking, summoned by Negaduck's Nature Power. With no protection against strikes of the physical variety, the Royal Pokémon can only leave itself to be buffeted by the storm of stones, chipping against its shell and leaving bruises on its skin.

    Clapping his hands together, Negaduck's hands begin glowing with an unprecedented shade of red, and you put your hand to your forehead as realisation hits you that Negaduck has reneged on his commands, albeit not an entirely horrible option as the Absorb retrieves a portion of Slowking's energy and health to be siphoned for the Carefree Pokémon's usage. However, as Negaduck starts dancing on his feet, you see a large Power Gem rolling his way, and before any warning can be initiated Negaduck is struck like a bowling ball pin, thrown and left to skid almost to your feet. Fragments of life force, siphoned by the Leech Seed, scatter over Negaduck, but in any event it doesn't look as though your Pokémon is on any more than his last legs...

  6. #256
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowshocker View Post
    The Isle of Talas

    The Western Pyramid

    Empoleon Dynamite
    Having went midway into battle with turbulent turns in every direction, it almost looks as though Negaduck is willing to accede to your requests for now, taking a few lively steps and hops backwards before exploding another Shadow Rave into the flooring. Stalwart as ever, Slowking winces while the phantasmic spikes spear it through the inside, much to the cackling laughter of your Shadow Ludicolo. The chuckling soon stops, however, as an Icy Wind breathes over the aquatic plant; boosted by Calm Mind and Nasty Plot the chilling effect seems to do quite a number on your Pokémon, already weakened by previous rounds, and with his bill chattering it takes the red-eyed Ludicolo a while to regain his furious outlook. Out of nowhere, Rocks begin forming in the battle chamber before Sliding towards Slowking, summoned by Negaduck's Nature Power. With no protection against strikes of the physical variety, the Royal Pokémon can only leave itself to be buffeted by the storm of stones, chipping against its shell and leaving bruises on its skin.

    Clapping his hands together, Negaduck's hands begin glowing with an unprecedented shade of red, and you put your hand to your forehead as realisation hits you that Negaduck has reneged on his commands, albeit not an entirely horrible option as the Absorb retrieves a portion of Slowking's energy and health to be siphoned for the Carefree Pokémon's usage. However, as Negaduck starts dancing on his feet, you see a large Power Gem rolling his way, and before any warning can be initiated Negaduck is struck like a bowling ball pin, thrown and left to skid almost to your feet. Fragments of life force, siphoned by the Leech Seed, scatter over Negaduck, but in any event it doesn't look as though your Pokémon is on any more than his last legs...
    The lad bent down to Beaker’s height cautiously, his bare kneecap pressing against the rubbly brickwork which had without doubt seen better days. “If Negaduck keeps loafing around we’re done for” Wes chewed over the grim idea, pouting as though he’d been dropped in a real muddle when he accepted the downy penguin’s inaudible squalor. Moments trickle into minutes, and before Wes knew it the Manic Marauder was back on his prowl, the intelligent hippo hot on his list. He takes a few loud steps forward, feet sticking firmly into the ground as a ripple of shadows hastily spiked from his vantage. On queue to purplish razors echo in all fronts, catching the hefty foe that flinches in response. Negaduck bursts into a frenzy of hysteria, comically thumping his fists into the cobbled battleground in hopes of demoralizing the pink amphibian. All hopes hastily slithered away much to Wes’ expectation, the giggling sack met with a flurry of icy blue wind which sends the boisterous Pokémon into shivers. Wes didn’t feel too confident at this point, a bad feeling in niggling at his gut. They needed to stop messing around.

    The Ludicolo hops back to his feet, batting off the snowflakes tattering his frosty coat. The reckless Pokémon then somewhat zenfully envelops in a mystical green aura, the arena rumbling as chunks of debris dislodge and fling forward, socking Slowking back a few paces. A couple of bruises shadow his peachy skin, one rock causing quite a dent in his bivalve crown. Wes grinned weakly, all about ready to jump to his feet and cheer the Plump Pineapple on if not for a few moral differences. However it seemed at every corner his comrade would stray from the scheme, opting to leech some oomph from his victim with a transparent ray of scarlet energy. The meagre grass technique manages to sap a small portion of energy, but it all seems a little too late as the spiralled oyster begins pulsing with force centralised around its scarlet gem. Wes hadn’t seen such an attack orchestrated – within a flash a blitz of crystalline stones bulleted forward, knocking down the Desperado Duck like a bowling pin. Taken back by such a colossal offense the kid weighed his options. Even the ferocity of a Shadow Pokémon couldn’t overcome such odds. He’d need to intervene for the time being, perhaps buying them enough time to turn this game on its odds.

    Wes switched his attention to the discarded messenger bag, a cluster of doodads scattered within its 1Mx1M span from Lombre's scavenge. Perhaps they’d find a health boosting item – it was worth a shot, with the second key still a tad out of reach. He scooted to his left, trying best not to disturb the battle ahead with easy footsteps. Dropping to his feet he rustled past the stale bits of food and dented battle trophies. After a brief moment of frantic fingering, the boy emerged with a sealed bottle of Lemonade, the fizzy liquid shimmering a pleasant green against the ancient tomb’s fluorescents. He scampered back to the trainer’s standpoint, sporting the beverage with a gauche grin.

    “Take this to replenish some health Negaduck”, Wes lightly chucked the bottle, Negaduck volleying it upward with his mitt and swallowing it whole when it hurtled back down, “Ugh... It’s time to make our mark and turn this match in our favour. Activate that Skull of Forgotten Souls you so handily smuggled beneath your cap to cover your tracks. Tickle Slowking to cripple his defences and take him down with a double Seed Bomb! Go for it Negaduck!”


    Skull of the Forgotten Souls (Hold Item)
    For one round only the skull will summon a skeletal ally. When summoned the skeleton will either defend your Pokemon from attack for one round, or attack your opponent with a Bonemerang attack before it disappears. The effect can only happen once per battle and the user can chose only one effect, attack or defend.


  7. #257
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Classified
    Posts
    3,065

    Default

    The Isle of Talas

    The Western Pyramid

    Empoleon Dynamite
    With things going far less positively than you otherwise would have hoped for, you find yourself reaching for some timely inventory and intervention, and in no time at all Negaduck finds himself partially restored by the sweet carbonated drink. Like a magician producing objects from his hat Negaduck pulls out the held item you had secretly handed to him prior to battle, and without warning a similar-looking Shadow Ludicolo shimmers into view, sporting an equally sneery expression. For a moment Slowking seems perturbed by this new revelation, but it doesn't take long for it to puff its ruff huffily, firing a blast of Psychic prowess from its eyes. Unfortunately for the Royal Pokémon, Negaduck's illusory friend promptly jumps in the way of the move, fizzling the attack into non-existence, allowing the actual Negaduck to dart over for another brutal round of Tickle. For a while you witness Slowking struggling with not laughing, but the deed is soon done as Negaduck reduces its physical aptitudes.

    Satisified with his handiwork, Negaduck rears his mostly head of a body, but once again your hopes of perfect obedience are dashed as he releases a cloud of stinging Dragonbreath, though the wrinkled-nose look on Slowking's face draws a bit of a smirk from you. Pressured by a relentless foe and vines lashed about its body, Slowking admittedly doesn't look so good, but even so the next attack surprises you as Slowking lobs over what seems to be a fragment of energy which the pseudo-Negaduck takes, barely as big as his iris and speckling against the tip of his hat. Cackling, Negaduck raises his arms, sending energy rising in the form of Seed Bombs all over Slowking's end of the field. Still standing stalwart like a wall as the projectiles storm all around, Slowking focuses more of the strange energy into its jewel before lobbing the generated orb over, and as it crashes onto Negaduck 2's lilypad hat before fading away with the clone you notice that this time the attack somehow seems stronger. Checking your PokéDex, you identify the attack as Slowking's Trump Card, and realisation strikes you like cold lightning; with each usage the attack gets progressively more damaging, and even with a steady source of recovery the magnitude is bound to do Negaduck in unless you finish this soon...

  8. #258
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In Imaginary Sin and Bliss
    Posts
    2,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowshocker View Post
    The Lost City of Rebus

    The House of Arctosia

    Arc_Angel
    Once again left with you to suggest a solution to the impasse, Knoll's face takes on another thoughtful turn, but a moment later he gives his reassuring smile, indication of him trusting your judgement. Smiling back at him, you give Eve the card and she totters over to Cubone with the offering in her tiny spherical hands and you watch as she stops near the Ground-type with your heart in your mouth and your teeth biting your lower lip; a distinct sense of dreaded affirmation that if this doesn't work, nothing else will. Speaking in hushed tones, Eve presents the trading card to Cubone, and at once you see its armoured face light up in amazement. For a moment you're surprised at how enthralled Cubone seems to be, but considering that the only medium its known is stone, ink and paper might be understandably fascinating to the indigenous Pokémon.

    "Shshshi?" Pointing down to the tablet you've been looking for, Eve meets Cubone's gaze earnestly, conveying your request to the little bone-wielder. Moments seem to drag on like minutes as you wait; knuckles almost whitened in anticipation, as though drawing breath would break the fragile silence of waiting. Much to your relief, Cubone graciously picks up the tablet, giving it to its newfound friend and taking the card in exchange, holding the item in its hands with the same captivated awe. Yipping happily, Eve gives Cubone a thankful hug which Cubone reciprocates, before scampering over the floor and rounding out of the doorway to your waiting arms. Catching both Impish and Eve in an embrace for a job well done, you spin them happily around while the others voice their (albeit whispered) approval, and placing them down you read the final piece of the puzzle on the tablet:

    "One who can carry the burden of others as its own, but remains at mercy of the wind."

    "Well, that's that I guess," heaves Knoll. "Now we should really set up camp; it's certainly only going to get tougher from now on."

    ***

    With a blanket snugly tucked around you, you cradle the sleeping Eve as you watch another friendly campfire flicker in front of you; Knoll having earlier professed his wish to retire early and now in his tent while you and your Pokémon enjoy the night. Missy and Wilfrid have once again taken to higher grounds in conversation while Lucius matches Shuppet over a game of your trading cards; the puppet Pokémon likewise intrigued by the fascinating slips of paper -- although you half suspect it's hanging around between not having been given a peace offering of its own, and its own interest with your Banette. Every now and then you notice what might be a blush flicker across its dark complexion; could it be a female Shuppet that had you flustered and running everywhere? Next you Impish stands guard, flashing cautious glares everywhere; a majority of them at Knoll's tent and you find yourself wondering. Was Impish being overprotective after not being active for quite a while or was there something the Sableye had sensed and you hadn't?

    Stretching your shoulders and neck you work out the accumulated tension; while you hadn't had the need to battle today the punishment on your body hasn't been any less if not more. Although you've not had the luxury to put together the pieces, you're not particularly worried; it's a bridge you'll certainly cross when you get there in the end. Bringing out the other, complete tablet you've found today, you look over the writings on Arctosia when, in a random act, you flip the stone over and discover to your surprise that another page of text lines the back of the tablet:


    "It is difficult to identify accounts and sightings explicitly depicting Arctosia, since the Goddess of Mystery never leaves behind an indisputably definite pattern; the only factor identifying her traces is, in fact and irony, the lack of distinct unified characteristics of Rebusian phenomena. The currently, most widely accepted hypothesis is that Arctosia can either assume a multitude of forms, utilising a vast variety of powers, or simply has a delegation of numerous avatars and minor deities to do her bidding. Perhaps it is this that further lends to her mysterious modus operandi of neither swaying towards the extremes of blessings or destruction."


    You've got a night ahead of you, and with your interest and passion for adventure reignited by this enigma, you do have the opportunity now to try solving some of these riddles for yourself and tie some of the loose ends together...
    Sorry this has taken so long to write, I’ve been wanting to get this going again for so long but other things kept getting in the way =/

    Her little missionary held out their offering to Cubone and all hopes were with her. The lonely Pokemon seemed amazed at the little card, a picture of one of its kind drawn by an artist. Its eyes danced with sparkle as it held the foreign object and the group held their collective breaths hoping it would be enough for trade. Cubone put down its new card and pointed to the tablet as Eve looked as equally overjoyed. Thanking the ground type graciously hugging it tightly to show her appreciation she then picked up the piece of stone that was nearly as big as her and toddled back over to her mother. Stacey scooped up Eve and Impish, who happened to have snuck in for the show love, and grasped them tight.

    “You were both wonderful today, well done,” she said unable to hide the exhaustion in her voice but her smile was so bright, you wouldn’t have noticed otherwise. Spinning around her dress billowing out into an elegant fan she placed the now slightly dizzy duo down looking up to see the happy faces of her group. Taking the tablet from Eve she read the inscription,

    "One who can carry the burden of others as its own, but remains at mercy of the wind."

    Eyebrows furrowing as she thought over what it could be possibly hinting too she was interrupted by Knoll who had approached her stealthily, she hadn’t even realised he was that close. He suggested setting up camp and the relief on Stacey’s face was evident for everyone to see. Nodding her approval to the suggestion she called out to her troop of Pokemon and all made their way downstairs and outside.

    The camp had not taken so long to set up this time with the extra ‘man’ power and soon Stacey found herself sat in front of a crackling camp fire, hands outstretched to let the warmth ascend her arm and reaching her core. Eve was snuggled on her lap already asleep the blanket shielding her from the heat of the fire, although Stacey may enjoy it on such a night like this it would be torture to an Ice type like Snorunt. Knoll had quickly retired to bed, he looked as tired as she was so was not surprised by this decision. Looking over head she saw Missy and Wilfred float over to a secluded area deep in conversation, they were getting on so well, Stacey wondered how hurt Missy would be when the group finally parted … if they did. Stacey felt her whole body warm at this thought and a flush of pink reached her cheeks. A soft smile reached her lips and she rubbed her hands up her arms. She was getting to like Knoll very much, she didn’t know what this meant, and she had let her guard down too many times and paid for them all. Knoll seemed different though, kind hearted, thoughtful and caring, but there were some things he was hiding, she could sense that. But every person had secrets; Stacey had more than her fair share herself.

    Focusing back on the others around her she saw that Lucius was engaged in a Pokemon Trading Card Game with Shuppet, she had let them use the card she had with her and both seemed to be enjoying themselves. The Shuppet seemed to get a look in her eyes that Stacey got when she thought of Knoll, perhaps it was female and it had a little thing for Lucius. Stacey thought it was cute and soon her attention was drawn to Impish. He was standing very close to her guarding her from an enemy that didn’t exist, or at least she hoped. He kept flinging dark glances at Knolls tent and she wondered if he was just jealous of the attention the writer was receiving from the young woman, attention that would normally be given to him or if there was something hidden he could sense that she could not. It was said that Pokemon had better senses than humans … Stacey placed his concerns in the back of her mind where she could go back to them if necessary for now she they weren’t founded.

    Groaning as she felt the stiffness in her muscles grip her, Stacey rolled her shoulders massaging them with her hands, there had been too much running up and down stairs for her liking. She wasn’t unfit but she knew when too much was too much. Sighing she looked down to the tablets she had gathered, she was not sure how they all fit together right now but she hoped it would all come together soon. Picking up the piece relating to Arctosia she re-read through the passage before idly turning over in her hands. She was shocked to find another passage written on the back, how had she missed this before!

    "It is difficult to identify accounts and sightings explicitly depicting Arctosia, since the Goddess of Mystery never leaves behind an indisputably definite pattern; the only factor identifying her traces is, in fact and irony, the lack of distinct unified characteristics of Rebusian phenomena. The currently, most widely accepted hypothesis is that Arctosia can either assume a multitude of forms, utilising a vast variety of powers, or simply has a delegation of numerous avatars and minor deities to do her bidding. Perhaps it is this that further lends to her mysterious modus operandi of neither swaying towards the extremes of blessings or destruction."

    That was interesting, so the scholars believed this Goddess could take other forms and roam amongst the humans and Pokemon undetected or eve that she had ‘Avatars’ beings that worked for her, minor Gods and possibly humans, Pokemon?? The scholars had dedicated a lot of their lives into delving into the mysteries of these Gods and Stacey had wondered why it was this particular one she had stumbled upon the entries for. Her mind whirred with thoughts and soon another headache came along. Putting down the tablet she found herself looking at Imish then where his gaze lay with Knoll’s tent. A thought entered her mind and she quickly dismissed it as nonsense but it just wouldn’t go away, she felt the niggle of suspicion come back, just as it had when she had first arrived.

    Stacey placed three of the tablets she had recently found next to each other and read over the single lines of text. She wondered if the texts hinted to a Pokemon, or possibly 3 Pokemon.

    "One possessing terrible power, with but a thin line separating it from self-destruction." She wondered I this could be referring to a Pokemon with the ability to explode or destroy itself.

    "One whose voice brings misery to many, yet sometimes uplifts the spirits of others." This could refer to any Pokemon hat could use sing she thought, or possibly Perish Song …

    "One who can carry the burden of others as its own, but remains at mercy of the wind." Perhaps a Pokemon that was weak to flying attacks like a Grass or Fighting type.

    Sighing she placed the tablets down, there were just too many possibilities and she couldn’t think straight, especially this tired. Yawning deeply enough to swallow Impish whole she pulled open the door to her tent and looked over to her oldest friend.

    “Come inside, there is nothing to guard against, anyway Missy will be awake all night and I’m sure she’ll warn us if she see’s anything.” Impish gave one last look over to Knoll’s tent before the urge to be with his trainer over took his concerns. He jumped onto her back hugging her tight as she walked inside, with Eve in her arms. She would start again tomorrow, but for now she wanted the sweet oblivion that sleep would give her.

  9. #259
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Classified
    Posts
    3,065

    Default

    The Lost City of Rebus

    The Mystic Temple

    Arc_Angel
    The night passes without any further trouble, and in the morning you find yourself eased awake from the desert heat outside, made much more bearable by the canvas above you. Stretching yourself, you see your Pokémon still snoozing around you; Eve the only exception having woken up earlier being more sensitive to the heat around her, and you can't help but smile as she (albeit futilely) tries nudging her friends awake. An hour later you sit in the shade with everyone -- Knoll, Wilfrid, even the Shuppet from the previous day's adventure -- for a simple yet satisfying breakfast, and soon after you march on your way to what is quite certain to be the final destination. Graciously Wilfrid has his Haze cover above you as Missy accompanies him some metres above, allowing the gaggle below to move on unhindered by the scorching temperatures. Supporting Eve in your hands and Impish by your shoulders you walk alongside Knoll, Anna trodding sourly as ever beside you, while Lucius hovers next to your head casting a few perturbed glances backwards every now and then. Behind him the Shuppet from his nightly playdate floats in following; you vaguely remember that you had, in fact, promised the Ghostly puppet a reward in return for her cooperation the last night. Perhaps she was intent on seeing the fulfilment of that deal, or she was simply intrigued by Lucius, but your Banette has distinctly different opinions, already being in a stable relationship and a little pride and joy out of it. A smirk crosses your lips reflexively before you stifle it, continuing to walk onwards while slowly, without you realising it, inching ever closer towards Knoll...

    "We're here."

    Not expecting the quiet observation from Knoll you almost trip over your own feet, and straightening yourself you discover that without you noticing, you'd already reached your destination. A stony establishment stands ahead, bearing the familiar, mysterious symbol of an eye within a circle above a set of doors. Looking around, you find that for some reason, the temple itself is a lot smaller than the other ruins you've visited so far.

    "The ruins themselves should be subterranean," mutters Knoll, and you watch as he raises a hand to the stone doors, which to everyone's surprise creaks open without him even coming close to the surface -- did the temple expect visitors? Bearing a severely serious look on his face Knoll turns to you; his hand held in invitation. With Eve cradled by your other arm you meet his palm, fingers trembling uncontrollably as they meet Knoll's own gently quivering digits. Of course -- no one had ever returned from the Mystic Temple's grounds alive, you recall, save for that one mysterious individual whose words found their way into your possession. Affirming everyone's presence you follow Knoll into the dark depths, down a staircase barely lit by Wilfrid's flame, until Knoll's escorting brings you to the foot of the steps.

    "Hmmm..." As the writer shuffles onto the tile ahead, series of purple flames line the walls in quiet, yet magnified poofs, held by claw-inspired torches twisted against the ancient surfaces. Unintelligible lines and glyphs scatter the walls, and as you look at their grotesque forms you feel distinctly unsettled; almost as though they were living beings distorted wretchedly into symbols, forever imprisoned on stone as examples for the darkness to behold forevermore. More disturbingly, you find that the tiled floor appears to have started developing a blanket of translucent gas, slowly puffing and pulsating above the ground, obscuring it little by little.

    "We should hurry," whispers the writer, and while his suddenly solemn, strict countenance startles you a little, you nod in understanding -- even now you feel an ever-increasing sense of unease, as though the very temple itself was moaning in quiet, yet profoundly sonorous pain. As Knoll brings you gently forward you hear your feet clatter against the rock, echoing eerily against the walls, and in your arms you feel Eve squirm as she whimpers. Shuffling about on your shoulders Impish seems a lot more on edge, growling and snarling softly as he peers everywhere, while Missy tremblingly clings to Wilfrid with her wispy hands; the latter reciprocating with a comforting arm about her jewelled neck. Even Lucius, now hovering closely to your right cheek, holds his Shuppet friend in his arms as even she fidgets nervously, and Anna has moved right against your leg as she snaps at the pestilential air around her. The seconds pass into minutes, almost feeling like hours as you feel the sounds of your heartbeat, your breathing, your organs moving and shifting echo all inside your head like a chanted ritual; for certain, you feel, if it wasn't for Knoll holding your hand you would snap like a twig in the four hands of a Machamp.

    "We're not alone."

    A neurone abruptly jolts into your head, half making you jump as everyone halts; the fog on the floor now a thick blanket half a metre thick at which Anna has taken to howling her unease and disapproval. Pointing with his other hand, Knoll directs your attention ahead where two figures have moved outwards from the impenetrable shadow in front. A yellow biped, framed by white collar and grasping a coin from a string in one hand, leers steadily at you as a dark quadruped waves its tail in similar fashion. A loud, obnoxious PHWPP is heard, and if the situation as a whole hadn't been so sinister the tension might have deflated like an untied balloon. Instantly tensing you squeeze Knoll's hand in yours, and comfortingly he strokes your palm just before you feel like screaming, calming you down gently.

    "The gas... if we defeat those two, it might cease to plague us," he remarks tersely. What will you do now?

  10. #260
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowshocker View Post
    The Isle of Talas

    The Western Pyramid

    Empoleon Dynamite
    With things going far less positively than you otherwise would have hoped for, you find yourself reaching for some timely inventory and intervention, and in no time at all Negaduck finds himself partially restored by the sweet carbonated drink. Like a magician producing objects from his hat Negaduck pulls out the held item you had secretly handed to him prior to battle, and without warning a similar-looking Shadow Ludicolo shimmers into view, sporting an equally sneery expression. For a moment Slowking seems perturbed by this new revelation, but it doesn't take long for it to puff its ruff huffily, firing a blast of Psychic prowess from its eyes. Unfortunately for the Royal Pokémon, Negaduck's illusory friend promptly jumps in the way of the move, fizzling the attack into non-existence, allowing the actual Negaduck to dart over for another brutal round of Tickle. For a while you witness Slowking struggling with not laughing, but the deed is soon done as Negaduck reduces its physical aptitudes.

    Satisified with his handiwork, Negaduck rears his mostly head of a body, but once again your hopes of perfect obedience are dashed as he releases a cloud of stinging Dragonbreath, though the wrinkled-nose look on Slowking's face draws a bit of a smirk from you. Pressured by a relentless foe and vines lashed about its body, Slowking admittedly doesn't look so good, but even so the next attack surprises you as Slowking lobs over what seems to be a fragment of energy which the pseudo-Negaduck takes, barely as big as his iris and speckling against the tip of his hat. Cackling, Negaduck raises his arms, sending energy rising in the form of Seed Bombs all over Slowking's end of the field. Still standing stalwart like a wall as the projectiles storm all around, Slowking focuses more of the strange energy into its jewel before lobbing the generated orb over, and as it crashes onto Negaduck 2's lilypad hat before fading away with the clone you notice that this time the attack somehow seems stronger. Checking your PokéDex, you identify the attack as Slowking's Trump Card, and realisation strikes you like cold lightning; with each usage the attack gets progressively more damaging, and even with a steady source of recovery the magnitude is bound to do Negaduck in unless you finish this soon...
    The celebrated Mr. K
    Performs his feat on Saturday at Bishopsgate!
    The Hendersons will dance and sing
    As Mr. Kite flies through the ring, don't be late!


    Negaduck swayed forward waywardly, bowing courteously although sporting a wicked grin as he reached beneath his lily pad trilby. His chalky arm rustled about, finally pulling out a mystical skull about the size of a baby Chimchar’s head. Tossing it forward like a Pokeball, the devious duck snorts at the still look on Slowking’s face. At least he was confident... The skull rattles forward against the uneven tiles, glowing brightly as shades of green oozed from its empty eye sockets. The cranium suddenly flickered into a silhouette, budding into a carbon copy of the boy’s shadow Pokémon. The pink psychic didn’t seem all to fazed, focusing his mental prowess into a telekinetic explosion. The skeletal ally leaped forward! Taking the brunt of the attack and giving Negaduck fine time to rush forward and irritate his busy foe. Things where starting to fall in place, Slowking well and truly pinned down in tears of laughter. Wes grinned, Corphish pumping a claw in the air despite her distain for the bad seed.

    Assured he’d knocked some physical clout out of the wise enemy, Negaduck hastily hops rearward. “You’ve got him now! Seed Bomb, Seed Bo- Dragon Breath!?” Wes felt his heart sink, the outcome was set in stone! Negaduck wasn’t so sure, opting with his own tactics and exhaling a flurry of draconic energy that smelt vaguely of burritos. The green inferno washes against the pink hippo, who isn’t all too keen on the stench carried with it. Wes was quick to squeeze his nose, Beaker lucky enough not to have a nose, and the penguin left just as off guard as Slowking. Negaduck bursts into laughter, a crazed look in his scarlet iris as he hocked up a bombardment of seeds. The greenish orbs burst against the enemy’s glossy skin, only adding to Negaduck’s ego. For once the Slowking didn’t look too pleased, crumpling his face in concentration and channelling a lofty orb from his encrusted gem. The sphere splashes against Negaduck’s clone, causing it to fritter away instantly.

    “That’s new”, Wes remarked, shuffling his wears for the gold-tinted encyclopaedia. This foreign attack was one to be reckoned with, and Wes reckoned they didn’t have much time before it reached full power. They’d been given quite an easy round, but they’d have to work twice as hard if they wanted to pull through the next. That key wasn’t far from reach. “Try blinding the sloth with an Octazooka to the eyes. Use Astonish if he has another Trump Card up his sleeve, then impale him with Shadow Rave!”

  11. #261
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Classified
    Posts
    3,065

    Default

    The Isle of Talas

    The Western Pyramid

    Empoleon Dynamite
    Now certain more than ever that you need to deal with this opposition once and for all, as quickly as possible, you call out more orders to Negaduck who seems to respond in kind, pulling down his lotus sombrero in what almost looks like a coolly determined pose. A most obnoxious hocking sound reverberates through the chamber as the Shadow Ludicolo leaves his bill wide open, soon after releasing a dark mass of Octazooka that hurtles towards the steady Slowking. Least expecting the technique usually unique to Octillery and Kingdra, even the partial psychic doesn't anticipate the attack as its face is completely splattered with the inky cannonball, drawing chuckles from the three Water Pokémon on your side of the field.

    Dancing up a storm Negaduck sambas about the blundering enemy like a predator chancing on its next victim, before lunging at Slowking with fritters of Ghost energy leaping about in his hands, when Slowking raises a third Trump Card ready to go. Before it hits you that Slowking's innate psychic powers must have kept itself steady in body and mind, Negaduck unwittingly crashes into the accumulated orb, causing an explosion to ring out on the field. As the smoke clears you spot both Slowking and Negaduck down on the floor, both taking a while to recover from the close-ranged detonation and more than considerably injured for all the action they've had to undergo, when Negaduck Raves up another storm of Shadows pulsing towards his foe. Barely back to rights the Water/Psychic is taken for another tossing tango, launched into the air from the series of spikes attacking its very elemental foundation. Breaths are held as Slowking takes another fall to the clay, and after a few minutes of tense anticipation with no sign of consciousness from the Royal Pokémon everyone heaves a sigh of relief; Negaduck in particular slumping to the floor in exhaustion but otherwise alright. Level-up for Negaduck.

    A sudden shimmer of crimson energy, reminiscent of the PokéBall's return mechanism, rises where Slowking lies comatose, and soon after you see that your foe is no longer on the field. Raising your hands forward you feel that the sacred barrier is also inactive, and looking at the raised plaque you notice the words have changed once again:

    "Bearer of the mind, blessings smile upon you. Tarry not in your quest; seek the other keys, uniting them as one in the centre."

    Revealing another opening, the stand displays what you've been fighting so hard for: a key with a strange, cloudlike formation at the handle and a lightning bolt at the other end...

  12. #262
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowshocker View Post
    The Isle of Talas

    The Western Pyramid

    Empoleon Dynamite
    Now certain more than ever that you need to deal with this opposition once and for all, as quickly as possible, you call out more orders to Negaduck who seems to respond in kind, pulling down his lotus sombrero in what almost looks like a coolly determined pose. A most obnoxious hocking sound reverberates through the chamber as the Shadow Ludicolo leaves his bill wide open, soon after releasing a dark mass of Octazooka that hurtles towards the steady Slowking. Least expecting the technique usually unique to Octillery and Kingdra, even the partial psychic doesn't anticipate the attack as its face is completely splattered with the inky cannonball, drawing chuckles from the three Water Pokémon on your side of the field.

    Dancing up a storm Negaduck sambas about the blundering enemy like a predator chancing on its next victim, before lunging at Slowking with fritters of Ghost energy leaping about in his hands, when Slowking raises a third Trump Card ready to go. Before it hits you that Slowking's innate psychic powers must have kept itself steady in body and mind, Negaduck unwittingly crashes into the accumulated orb, causing an explosion to ring out on the field. As the smoke clears you spot both Slowking and Negaduck down on the floor, both taking a while to recover from the close-ranged detonation and more than considerably injured for all the action they've had to undergo, when Negaduck Raves up another storm of Shadows pulsing towards his foe. Barely back to rights the Water/Psychic is taken for another tossing tango, launched into the air from the series of spikes attacking its very elemental foundation. Breaths are held as Slowking takes another fall to the clay, and after a few minutes of tense anticipation with no sign of consciousness from the Royal Pokémon everyone heaves a sigh of relief; Negaduck in particular slumping to the floor in exhaustion but otherwise alright. Level-up for Negaduck.

    A sudden shimmer of crimson energy, reminiscent of the PokéBall's return mechanism, rises where Slowking lies comatose, and soon after you see that your foe is no longer on the field. Raising your hands forward you feel that the sacred barrier is also inactive, and looking at the raised plaque you notice the words have changed once again:

    "Bearer of the mind, blessings smile upon you. Tarry not in your quest; seek the other keys, uniting them as one in the centre."

    Revealing another opening, the stand displays what you've been fighting so hard for: a key with a strange, cloudlike formation at the handle and a lightning bolt at the other end...
    The boy had pushed as hard as he could, given is all through the withering heights and now it was out of his hands. No less, it was in the pitiable mitts of his devious duck comrade who had a nasty habit of straying from command. Wes gulped hastily, if they’d lucked out for this long they’d have to luck out again. Averting his gaze he became fixated on the lime sombrero, dropping slightly as Negaduck held a calm and collected disposition. His bill snapped open, unearthly gurgling rumbling from his pineapple body. His wide eyes switched to a precise squint, a thick blob of ink jetting forward and hurtling towards the hefty hippo that seemed somewhat startled. Suddenly! The thick of black dipped down like a homing missile, hitting the chubby Buddha square in the face with little of his pink complexion left unstained. Negaduck burst into an dramatized chuckle, even his other aquatic allies giggling slightly at the struggling monarch – whilst Wes kept a determined grimace with no intention of getting on the powerful foe’s bad side.

    The duck breaks into dance, shaking imaginary maracas and shaking his booty to Saturday night fever. Wes tried calling his Pokémon out of the celebration with a good portion of fighting left. He pirouettes forward, his spirit fingers wriggling as the tips pulsed with ghostly energy. Slowking wasn’t as faced by the pitch-black stain at this point, using his extrasensory abilities to map out the arena and ready his aim. It was Astonish vs. Trump Card! Wes shuddered as the two glittering hands interlocked each backing immense power. BANG A fiery explosion swallowed the field, Wes covering his eyes from the thick of debris blustering in all directions. The dust settles, both determined warriors miraculously limping back to their feet. It was raving time, and the Shadow Pokémon knew better than anyone else how to fire off an outward spurt of purplish swords spouting from the shattered tiles. Slowking yelps yet again, his silent and rather threatening guise falling rather quickly along with his podgy carcass... Wes wiped a sweat as Negaduck used the last of his energy to jive in victory. Negaduck Levels up from 22 to 23 The fallen enemy suddenly colours a translucent scarlet, fizzling into nothingness as though he’d returned to his slumber. The boy followed suit by aiming the cast-iron ball at the rebellious runpappa who was swallowed fairly quickly despite any resistance. Wes then wondered whether the Slowking would spend an eternity in the confinements of this tomb, feeling somewhat sympathetic.
    "Bearer of the mind, blessings smile upon you. Tarry not in your quest; seek the other keys, uniting them as one in the centre."
    Wes struggled to catch his breath once again as the pedestal activated once more. No different from the previous transcribing, Wes knew they’d have to follow a similar route. He snatched the beautiful key, pocketing it along with the other. The jangling of the two relics sent a chill down the boy’s spine; he’d always had a knack for collecting. Now it was time to get the third key, which Beaker highlighted by scuttling ahead. Wes would scuttle to the front, not likely to end their puzzle with another misstep.
    Last edited by Emp; 4th December 2009 at 11:54 PM.

  13. #263
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Classified
    Posts
    3,065

    Default

    The Isle of Talas

    The Western Pyramid

    Empoleon Dynamite

    For the third time in your excursion you find yourself teetering over mystic liquid; while no longer do you experience the sensations of nausea or discomfort you can't help but feel still somewhat unnerved. A strong sense of being watched niggles at the back of your mind, and Beaker has taken to clacking her pincers impatiently for the completion of this ordeal. Excitement and apprehension can be observed in Piplup's gait at the prospects of retrieving the third key, yet not knowing what might happen if the artifacts should be reunited as indicated by the ancient instructions. What might happen? Any guess would be as good as any other, as you step up to the final platform leading to the item of your seeking.

    Scaling another short staircase you find that this chamber bears strong similarity to that of Quiraisu's; a towering, yet diminuitive room with a beautiful mural of a Jynx lining the wall ahead of you, with her hands raised and her dress so intricately carved into the relief it almost looks like weightless cloth. At the centre almost at your eye level you see another plaque with the now-familiar typeface set into it:

    "Grivo the Virgin, Keeper of the Soul

    That which is kept closest to one, that which defines best the identity, kept apart from others and can only be truly deciphered by the self alone.
    "

    From the Deep Sea I took a red Jet, added to my Mysterious Transport. What am I?

    It seems that a certain Pokémon species is the answer to unlocking the third key, but can you decipher Grivo's perplexing riddle?

  14. #264
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In Imaginary Sin and Bliss
    Posts
    2,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowshocker View Post
    The Lost City of Rebus

    The Mystic Temple

    Arc_Angel
    The night passes without any further trouble, and in the morning you find yourself eased awake from the desert heat outside, made much more bearable by the canvas above you. Stretching yourself, you see your Pokémon still snoozing around you; Eve the only exception having woken up earlier being more sensitive to the heat around her, and you can't help but smile as she (albeit futilely) tries nudging her friends awake. An hour later you sit in the shade with everyone -- Knoll, Wilfrid, even the Shuppet from the previous day's adventure -- for a simple yet satisfying breakfast, and soon after you march on your way to what is quite certain to be the final destination. Graciously Wilfrid has his Haze cover above you as Missy accompanies him some metres above, allowing the gaggle below to move on unhindered by the scorching temperatures. Supporting Eve in your hands and Impish by your shoulders you walk alongside Knoll, Anna trodding sourly as ever beside you, while Lucius hovers next to your head casting a few perturbed glances backwards every now and then. Behind him the Shuppet from his nightly playdate floats in following; you vaguely remember that you had, in fact, promised the Ghostly puppet a reward in return for her cooperation the last night. Perhaps she was intent on seeing the fulfilment of that deal, or she was simply intrigued by Lucius, but your Banette has distinctly different opinions, already being in a stable relationship and a little pride and joy out of it. A smirk crosses your lips reflexively before you stifle it, continuing to walk onwards while slowly, without you realising it, inching ever closer towards Knoll...

    "We're here."

    Not expecting the quiet observation from Knoll you almost trip over your own feet, and straightening yourself you discover that without you noticing, you'd already reached your destination. A stony establishment stands ahead, bearing the familiar, mysterious symbol of an eye within a circle above a set of doors. Looking around, you find that for some reason, the temple itself is a lot smaller than the other ruins you've visited so far.

    "The ruins themselves should be subterranean," mutters Knoll, and you watch as he raises a hand to the stone doors, which to everyone's surprise creaks open without him even coming close to the surface -- did the temple expect visitors? Bearing a severely serious look on his face Knoll turns to you; his hand held in invitation. With Eve cradled by your other arm you meet his palm, fingers trembling uncontrollably as they meet Knoll's own gently quivering digits. Of course -- no one had ever returned from the Mystic Temple's grounds alive, you recall, save for that one mysterious individual whose words found their way into your possession. Affirming everyone's presence you follow Knoll into the dark depths, down a staircase barely lit by Wilfrid's flame, until Knoll's escorting brings you to the foot of the steps.

    "Hmmm..." As the writer shuffles onto the tile ahead, series of purple flames line the walls in quiet, yet magnified poofs, held by claw-inspired torches twisted against the ancient surfaces. Unintelligible lines and glyphs scatter the walls, and as you look at their grotesque forms you feel distinctly unsettled; almost as though they were living beings distorted wretchedly into symbols, forever imprisoned on stone as examples for the darkness to behold forevermore. More disturbingly, you find that the tiled floor appears to have started developing a blanket of translucent gas, slowly puffing and pulsating above the ground, obscuring it little by little.

    "We should hurry," whispers the writer, and while his suddenly solemn, strict countenance startles you a little, you nod in understanding -- even now you feel an ever-increasing sense of unease, as though the very temple itself was moaning in quiet, yet profoundly sonorous pain. As Knoll brings you gently forward you hear your feet clatter against the rock, echoing eerily against the walls, and in your arms you feel Eve squirm as she whimpers. Shuffling about on your shoulders Impish seems a lot more on edge, growling and snarling softly as he peers everywhere, while Missy tremblingly clings to Wilfrid with her wispy hands; the latter reciprocating with a comforting arm about her jewelled neck. Even Lucius, now hovering closely to your right cheek, holds his Shuppet friend in his arms as even she fidgets nervously, and Anna has moved right against your leg as she snaps at the pestilential air around her. The seconds pass into minutes, almost feeling like hours as you feel the sounds of your heartbeat, your breathing, your organs moving and shifting echo all inside your head like a chanted ritual; for certain, you feel, if it wasn't for Knoll holding your hand you would snap like a twig in the four hands of a Machamp.

    "We're not alone."

    A neurone abruptly jolts into your head, half making you jump as everyone halts; the fog on the floor now a thick blanket half a metre thick at which Anna has taken to howling her unease and disapproval. Pointing with his other hand, Knoll directs your attention ahead where two figures have moved outwards from the impenetrable shadow in front. A yellow biped, framed by white collar and grasping a coin from a string in one hand, leers steadily at you as a dark quadruped waves its tail in similar fashion. A loud, obnoxious PHWPP is heard, and if the situation as a whole hadn't been so sinister the tension might have deflated like an untied balloon. Instantly tensing you squeeze Knoll's hand in yours, and comfortingly he strokes your palm just before you feel like screaming, calming you down gently.

    "The gas... if we defeat those two, it might cease to plague us," he remarks tersely. What will you do now?
    Stacey woke from a deep dreamless sleep feeling refreshed despite the humidity. Sitting up she stared at the canvas protecting her from the new morning sun and was thankful for small amount of shade. Her once beautiful and elegant dress was now tarnished, the hems covered in dust and sweat turned the purple a darker indigo. She fiddled with the rubies lining the neck and made a decision to change as soon as possible, she had another garment made around the same time as this mirroring another of her Pokemon. She knew Imp would like it and it was certainly more hardy than her current outfit. Stretching her arms above her head she walked away from her thoughts and looked about their makeshift home. All of her Pokemon were still resting, not ready to greet the day, all except Eve, the heat having disturbed her. She poked her teammates having seen her mother waken and tried to arose them too. Stacey grinned and picked up the snow cap Pokemon before she reached Anna and got a nasty shock.

    It had taken a little while for everyone to wake, Impish in particular, but soon the entire group were gathered in the shade sharing a warm delicious breakfast; growing their strength for the coming journey. Even the wild Shuppet had joined them and had been given a meal like she was part of the family so to speak, she seemed very fond of Bannette who was a little oblivious to it. Once breakfast was over and after trying to stop Imp from eating all the plates and cutlery they all packed up the camp site and made their journey towards the next and possibly last temple on their journey.

    With Eve held safely in her arms, Impish hanging off her neck like a scarf and Anna trailing off behind her to her left Stacey gazed upwards. The sky was blanketed by the familiar purple Haze provided by Wilfred, the cooling mist making the trip more comfortable. Stacey could make out the form of her Mismagius floating along side the Drifblim stuck in yet another conversation and the ghost trainer wondered how they could have so much to talk about. She wasn't the most sociable of people and it was wonder to assume that everyone else was like her. Missy was very likeable, was a good listener and if given a topic she was passionate about, could talk for a lifetime. Lucius was overhead with Shuppet floating around him like an overexcited groupie, if only she knew about his mate in a far off land and his son, far away from danger as possible, perhaps she would change her tune. Stacey remembered that she had promised the little puppet a reward for her assistance and wondered if she assosciated Lucius with that reward. A wry grin crossed her lips at Lucius' exasperated face.

    Knoll interupted the silence annoucing that they had arrived at their destination startling Stacey enough that she stumbled. Impish nearly throttled her and she loosened his grip as he sheepishly grinned at her. Furiously wishing her embarrassed blush away she concentrated on the temple, the ruins themselves appearing much smaller than the previous building she had visited. One thing linked the stone temple to the others and that was the familiar symbol enrgaved on its surface, an eye within a circle. Knoll moves to push the door open whilst explaining the reasons behind the size of the temple, the majority of it should be underground, but as he reached forth the door creaked open of its own accord. They all exchanged the same concerned glance, well all except Eve who clapped at the great trick. Knoll turned back to meet her gaze and held out a hand to guide her inside. With Eve safely in the grasp of her right arm she slid her left hand into his and gave a small smile trying to disguise her fear but still failing to do so. Her hand quivered matching his own in rhythm and they had every reason to fear what lay beyond that stone door, so inocuous hiding the real peril under the surface. Noone had entered and left this place in the same state, they entered alive and left dead, all but one, the mysterious person who wrote the tablet and they appeared changed forever. Did she really want to do this?

    She made sure to place everyone in their group before locking eyes with Knoll again, they had to continue on. Gently he led her inside and she heard the others follow shortly behind her. They descended a set of stone steps in near darkness, the only light provided by Wilfred's Will-O-Wisp. As soon as they reached the bottom Knoll seemed to pause, make a small thoguhful noise and start forward. The wall was line by ancient torches with odd purple flames, the claw like holders lookin like they belonged in a dungeon. There runes on the walls, pictures when Stacey looked closer but she soon drew her eyes away from them. They were not pleasant in the slightest and seemed to depict horrific scence filled with mutated and deformed forms that could be people, Pokemon or both. Whatever story they told she was sure she would never want to read. The entire corridor made her heart pick up its pace and a shiver to run down her spine. Add to that the fact that a thin gas had seeminly formed from the ground dancing and spiralling gaining more ground as if it was alive. She felt that she had entered a level of Hell itself.

    Knoll spoke and his voice made her jump a little. He sounded very serious, almost as if commanding them to move and she wasn't about to hesitate. She nodded and looked back at her Pokemon, a silent message to start picking up the pace. Holding onto the young man's hand like her life depended on their connection to one another. Her Pokemon were not oblivious to the ominous atmosphere and as they walked she felt Eve shift in her arms burying her head into her mother's chest. Imp shuffled as best he could on shoulders leaving little scratches on the exposed flesh his blue topaz eyes full of anticipation, his teeth exposed as he snapped at any little noise. Missy clung close to Wilfred their ethereal limbs entwined as she sought protection and comfort. Even Lucius had taken up Shuppet in arms holding onto her tightly so she didn't stray into danger and Anna was snapping at the poisonous smoke billowing at her feet sparking all over ready to strike. Stacey felt her heart now threatening to beat through her chest, her eyes watering sightly, it was if her whole body was on high alert and every sense was screaming to leave. If Knoll hadn't been holding her hand she fear that her body would be torn apart each part trying to escape in a different direction.

    Suddenly they came to a halt as Knoll announces: "We're not alone." Stacey nearly screamed at the intrusion to her panic and paranoia. All the Pokemon began to form a protective circle as they looked for the presence of others within this poisoned room. The gas had risen so high, so much so that half of Anna had disappeared beneath it and her distressed barking filled the room. Knoll pointed off into the distance as two figures began to emerge. A yellow Pokemon that was very familiar to Stacey revealed itself first. It held a coin between two fingers swaying it to and fro hypnotically. Its face bore a grin that was full of malice and wickedness, a Hypno, the evolved form of one of her very own but she hoped to never see him look like that. The second one following shortly after, a short furry creature stood on all fours as it released an almight fart filling the air with even more gas. Had it not been for the severity of the situation and their terror it might have been considered amusing but right now it was downright offensive. Stacey trembled and squeezed Knolls hand so hard she thought she could hear his fingers crack. If she had caused him any pain he didn't show it and tenderly stroked her hand trying to calm her.

    "The gas... if we defeat those two, it might cease to plague us." Of course, the Skuntank was producing the vile substance, by eliminating it and its friend they could make it a little more bareable down here though stand here any longer thand possible was not on her top list of things to do.

    "R-right," she muttered quietly still staring at the pair of Pokemon unable to tear her gaze away from that pendulum, it was like she was falling for under its spell. Suddenly a gray form filled her vision and snapped her back to her senses, all of which were still screaming with fear.

    "Lucius?" she questioned his sudden burst of activity. He floated before the group staring at Hypno with dark eyes, his fear was pushed to the back of his mind, he would not let these two creaures intimidate him. He had after all not had his chance to battle the last time, he would not be stopped this time. Shuppet seemed torn between floating over to Lucius or staying put. Lucius barked an order at Impish who would normally roll his eyes at but he yelled over to the Shuppet to stay put and let Lucius battle. Lucius had asked Impish to keep Shuppet safe and Stacey moved closer to the spook so he could better keep that promise having gotten the message. It had taken a while for her fear stricken body to reply and she had practically dragged Knoll along with her.

    "You sure about this?" She whispered not wanting to unleash the beasts of hell on him but she already knew what his answer would be. He would not stand down when his family were at stake, he would protect them until the end, being a father had shown him how important family was. Anyway, he was no stranger to unleashing a little torture of his own.

    "Alright then, be careful," she warned gripping onto Knoll tighter hoping that this all wasn't a terrible mistake.

    "How about we make it as uncomfortable as we feel. Place your Curse upon it. When it moves to attack, strike first with Sucker Punch then use the Shadows to Sneak one last attack."

    She already felt uneasy and this battle only made her feel a deep sense of dread, she prayed that Lucius would come out of this in one piece.


    ~Stace and Imp. A Perfect Pair~
    FB : PC : DT

  15. #265
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowshocker View Post
    The Isle of Talas

    The Western Pyramid

    Empoleon Dynamite

    For the third time in your excursion you find yourself teetering over mystic liquid; while no longer do you experience the sensations of nausea or discomfort you can't help but feel still somewhat unnerved. A strong sense of being watched niggles at the back of your mind, and Beaker has taken to clacking her pincers impatiently for the completion of this ordeal. Excitement and apprehension can be observed in Piplup's gait at the prospects of retrieving the third key, yet not knowing what might happen if the artifacts should be reunited as indicated by the ancient instructions. What might happen? Any guess would be as good as any other, as you step up to the final platform leading to the item of your seeking.

    Scaling another short staircase you find that this chamber bears strong similarity to that of Quiraisu's; a towering, yet diminuitive room with a beautiful mural of a Jynx lining the wall ahead of you, with her hands raised and her dress so intricately carved into the relief it almost looks like weightless cloth. At the centre almost at your eye level you see another plaque with the now-familiar typeface set into it:

    "Grivo the Virgin, Keeper of the Soul

    That which is kept closest to one, that which defines best the identity, kept apart from others and can only be truly deciphered by the self alone.
    "

    From the Deep Sea I took a red Jet, added to my Mysterious Transport. What am I?

    It seems that a certain Pokémon species is the answer to unlocking the third key, but can you decipher Grivo's perplexing riddle?
    Whilst there was no stranger experience than cobbling over the watery tiles, Wes was beginning to get the hang of an otherwise unsettling board game. The sickly feeling had passed a good while ago, but he could still barely move an eye from his soggy sneakers. A brief sent of paranoia wafts through the ovular chamber, did somebody have their eye on the trainer and his troop? Regardless of whether it was an unseen force, the stranger he’d offered to help, or even his own sneaking suspicions, the boy was all too busy to let this bother him. The crab’s impatient mind-set was getting the best of her, clacking her bulky forceps impatiently in the hopes something exciting was waiting affront of the third key. The avian stranger looked just as hyped up as Beaker, chirping a few excited buffs whilst he waddled a few paces ahead of Wes. The Pokémon Trainer was more geared along passing the next hurdle than anything else, although the eager panting and fervent twitching was all starting to get into his head.

    “This way”, Wes breathed, stepping up the short flight of stairs with the others in tow. Light showered on the young trainer as he ambled into the room, the dusty looking tomb carrying similar traits to Quiraisu’s. It was rather small in width, yet the height of the scope was taller than the boy could ever dream to jump. A beautiful mural carved in inspiration of a seductive ice Pokémon. It felt inappropriate to touch the lifelike statuette, but the detail of her rock-strewn gown looked as though it was chiselled by the gods. Wes approached it in awe, taken back by every detail right down to the embroidery. The boy’s jaw quickly dropped shut, remembering what he was there for and switching to a serious stance. Right on queue, the riddle illuminated.
    Grivo the Virgin, Keeper of the Soul

    That which is kept closest to one, that which defines best the identity, kept apart from others and can only be truly deciphered by the self alone
    The boy’s heart sunk, this was a tricky one indeed. “There’s no way I can answer this alone, but there’s nothing saying I can’t get a little help from today’s know-how!” Wes grinned; scuffing at the small crawdads reddish antennae with one hand and flipping open his Pokedex with the other. The LCD display flickered on with a proverbial ding. He was getting no signal in the remote tomb, and the batteries where almost dead coaxing the boy to hurry his index searches. Scrawling through the different criteria, he settled on species categories. With a knack for water types, he’d recognised the species names of Huntail and Starmie as the Deep Sea and Mysterious Pokémon, respectively. The remaining key words which jumped out, he had no clue, so he’d have to check every Pokémon by hand. Oh joy. After a few minutes he’d worked out another Pokémon, Lapras, as the Transport fragment of the archaic riddle. Time was running out at this point, a sweat drop plopping on the small monitor with just a few minutes of battery remaining. Got it! Wes pumped his fist into the air, a strange fish Pokémon known as Remoraid matching the Jet description. Beaker pinches the boy’s side, squawking franticly with her pincer pointed at the red Pokémon just an inch beneath known as Octillery. Wes patted the fresh water Pokémon affectionately, squatting as he jotted their four corresponding index numbers into a small patch of coarse sand.

    367 - 224 + 131 + 121 = 395

    Having rubbed out the scribbles on several occasions, the boy was left with a rather messy looking index number which would hopefully crack their tricky puzzle. He could barely think under pressure, but they’d managed to pull away in some tight spots so far. Wes fiddled his way onto the homepage, fingering through a list of dozens of Pokémon all the way up to the lower reaches of the encyclopaedia. A round-looking Penguin flashed up onto the display, sporting a vicious yet cool stance. Wes switched off the advanced equipment, rushing forward with the answer to Grivo’s thorny challenge:

    “the word you are looking for, is Empoleon,” he smiled cockily.

  16. #266
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Classified
    Posts
    3,065

    Default

    The Isle of Talas

    The Western Pyramid

    Empoleon Dynamite
    It takes you considerably more time to figure out the answer demanded by this other riddle, and if anything the limitations of the resources at your fingertips isn't a particularly helpful factor, but nonetheless you take a chance on the classification clauses that you remember and apply the same thesis to the remaining selection of words. A quick sum and confirmation later leaves you proudly declaring the Emperor Pokémon as your answer. For a while nothing seems to happen as your answer echoes through the lonely chamber, but suddenly a pair of light beams, each emerging from Jynx's eyes, focus into a single point just a short distance in front of your eyes. Series of glinting sparkles spike through the illumination, gathering and increasing in number, before simultaneously dissolving into a singular form: a gleaming key much like the other two, enchanting in its metallic lustre and peculiar in its design -- a triangular formation of teeth you suspect is made in the shape of a heart, while the handle fizzles with an embedded crystal flashing lightning in its centre.

    "Bearer of the soul, blessings smile upon you. Your quest nears its completion; now the final step lies before you."

    The words, once again, have altered to a message of well-wishing, only this time you know that with all three keys, there leaves one thing for you to do right now: make your way back to the mystical pool...


    The Lost City of Rebus

    The Mystic Temple

    Arc_Angel
    Barely holding yourself and your team together within the depths of the Mystic Temple grounds, you respond to the confrontation with a nevertheless omnipresent sense of unease. Of all your travels, you've never come across quite an unnerving location such as this, and an overbearing feeling of dread seems to give you a niggling feeling that for some reason, any further pursuit would likely end in ruination. Still, faced with immediate danger Lucius volunteers himself for battle, and it takes Wilfrid a while to pat Missy on her witch's hat bravely before floating ahead of Knoll, assuming positions aside Lucius. The two alpha ghosts exchange fleeting glances; their first encounter hadn't been a particularly smooth one but this time, they were resolutely hovering to defend those on their side.

    "Wilfrid, start things out with Tailwind!" cries Knoll; though his voice rings out clearly you note a slight tremble to his tone as well. A short call of "Bliiim" issues from Wilfrid as he inflates the cloud atop his head before hissing out gas of his own, and somehow you feel a breeze start pick up behind you, just gentle enough to tickle your neck with your hair. Feeling the increase in speed Lucius goes to work, releasing pins of energy unique to his species, each jabbing into his marionette form in a painful Curse as he sneers determinedly. The gesture appears to have an effect on Hypno as its leer flickers with a spot of startle, but the Hypnosis Pokémon soon kicks in the attack titular to its species classification, releasing sleep-inducing waves at you and Lucius. Catching a fragment of the power you feel a slight weight in your eyelids, but with Lucius' natural Insomnia your Banette simply guffaws at the annoyed Hypno's futile efforts, while Skuntank gives off another whizzpopper as it Focuses its Energy.

    "Hyp... no." Noting that indirect tactics don't appear to be working, Hypno raises the hand without its pendulum, but having sensed the warring intent Lucius is more than ready. Surrounding himself in a sudden surge of darkness, Lucius charges like a bullet, lashing Hypno's face in his Sucker Punch as Wilfrid exchanges Skuntank in a Swift showdown, neither appearing to let up. Disrupted, Hypno merely grunts before placing its hand to Lucius' face; the closed distance backfiring on Lucius as Hypno's Psybeam blasts him across the air. "Nette! Nette nette banette!" Raising his arms, Lucius recovers with little more than moments passing, sending a Shadow Sneak at Hypno. While under normal circumstances the attack might have otherwise delivered a light hit, the multiple light sources and otherwise darkly cloaked parts of the chamber seem to send a plague of shadows towards the Psychic, and Lucius grins in malicious glee as his summoned wraiths lick and tear at Hypno's lower body. Alarm passes by Hypno's face like a wave before turning into fury, but before an attack can be unleashed Hypno seems to stagger as the Curse works at its spirit. Wilfrid, however, doesn't seem to be holding on as well; you briefly turn to see his face meet with Skuntank's Astonish, stunning him into forgoing Knoll's last order...

  17. #267
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In Imaginary Sin and Bliss
    Posts
    2,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowshocker View Post
    The Lost City of Rebus

    The Mystic Temple

    Arc_Angel
    Barely holding yourself and your team together within the depths of the Mystic Temple grounds, you respond to the confrontation with a nevertheless omnipresent sense of unease. Of all your travels, you've never come across quite an unnerving location such as this, and an overbearing feeling of dread seems to give you a niggling feeling that for some reason, any further pursuit would likely end in ruination. Still, faced with immediate danger Lucius volunteers himself for battle, and it takes Wilfrid a while to pat Missy on her witch's hat bravely before floating ahead of Knoll, assuming positions aside Lucius. The two alpha ghosts exchange fleeting glances; their first encounter hadn't been a particularly smooth one but this time, they were resolutely hovering to defend those on their side.

    "Wilfrid, start things out with Tailwind!" cries Knoll; though his voice rings out clearly you note a slight tremble to his tone as well. A short call of "Bliiim" issues from Wilfrid as he inflates the cloud atop his head before hissing out gas of his own, and somehow you feel a breeze start pick up behind you, just gentle enough to tickle your neck with your hair. Feeling the increase in speed Lucius goes to work, releasing pins of energy unique to his species, each jabbing into his marionette form in a painful Curse as he sneers determinedly. The gesture appears to have an effect on Hypno as its leer flickers with a spot of startle, but the Hypnosis Pokémon soon kicks in the attack titular to its species classification, releasing sleep-inducing waves at you and Lucius. Catching a fragment of the power you feel a slight weight in your eyelids, but with Lucius' natural Insomnia your Banette simply guffaws at the annoyed Hypno's futile efforts, while Skuntank gives off another whizzpopper as it Focuses its Energy.

    "Hyp... no." Noting that indirect tactics don't appear to be working, Hypno raises the hand without its pendulum, but having sensed the warring intent Lucius is more than ready. Surrounding himself in a sudden surge of darkness, Lucius charges like a bullet, lashing Hypno's face in his Sucker Punch as Wilfrid exchanges Skuntank in a Swift showdown, neither appearing to let up. Disrupted, Hypno merely grunts before placing its hand to Lucius' face; the closed distance backfiring on Lucius as Hypno's Psybeam blasts him across the air. "Nette! Nette nette banette!" Raising his arms, Lucius recovers with little more than moments passing, sending a Shadow Sneak at Hypno. While under normal circumstances the attack might have otherwise delivered a light hit, the multiple light sources and otherwise darkly cloaked parts of the chamber seem to send a plague of shadows towards the Psychic, and Lucius grins in malicious glee as his summoned wraiths lick and tear at Hypno's lower body. Alarm passes by Hypno's face like a wave before turning into fury, but before an attack can be unleashed Hypno seems to stagger as the Curse works at its spirit. Wilfrid, however, doesn't seem to be holding on as well; you briefly turn to see his face meet with Skuntank's Astonish, stunning him into forgoing Knoll's last order...
    Lucius never left eye contact with the creepy hypnosis Pokemon before him, a little fearful for what may happen should he look away. Stacey was still shaking and felt that he vibrations were running through her arm into Knoll who appeared to be more collected than herself. Shuppet was floating close to the young woman as Impish kept a close eye on her, not wanting her to do anything stupid. Eve was silently shivering in Stacey's arms and Anna was torn between sparking at the fog ever growing around her and snapping at the new Pokemon. It seemed for the longest time that Lucius would be alone in this battle and Stacey understood Knoll's silence, she wouldn't want to volunteer one of her own to enter this potentially gruesome war. Shortly after this thought she saw movement from the corner of her eye, Wilfred patted Missy on her hat whilst giving her a small smile and bravely joined Lucius in facing the freaky duo. Missy barely held back tears, although she knew Wilfred was strong she didn't want him to risk his life. Both ghosts exchanged a knowing look and although their first meeting had gone anyway but good they were now relying on oneanother as they stared down pure evil.

    Knoll called out his first order, his voice quivering with each syllable. Wilfred set into motion creating a small wind of his own, the cooler breeze stroking Stacey's skin as it rushed over the two ghosts boosting their speed, a wise move. Now Psyched up for the battled Lucius started himself, summoning voodoo like pins that sliced into is body causing a great deal of pain and making him grunt and wince but the grin never left as he saw the Curse surround Hypno, that would prove to be more painful for the Psychic in the end. Looking a little startled at the potentially doomed state it was in Hypno quickly made a move of its own trying out the attack it was named for. Its hypnotic wave rippled out through the air and Stacey tried to look away finding her eyelids becoming heavy as she stiffled a yawn. Lucius found great amusment in the futile attempts to put him in a state of sleep, he never slept, his Insomnia ability ensured that. Not to be left out Skuntank let loose another small escape of gas whilst focusing its energy preparing itself for battle.

    Hypno continued with its hypnosis ability a little while longer but frowned as it realised nothing was happened. A look of annoyance crossed its features and it prepared a different move, but Lucius was ready. Before it could unleash another attack Lucius surrounded himself with dark energy and shot forth like a speeding bullet and slowed just before he impacted Hypno twisting and using his momentum to Sucker Punch it right between the eyes. Now free from the sleep-inducing waves Stacey rubbed her eyes and looked over to see Wilfred and Skuntank firing gold stars at each other, the Swift attacks cancelling each other out. Lucius was still grinning at his current success but his smile faltered as Hypno recovered and placed its fist in the Banette's face unleashing a Psybeam that send him flying through the air.


    Lucius came to a stop rubbing his face furiously before yelling out at the Hypno for ruining his handsome features. Concentrating back on battle now there were no longer spots in front of his eyes he send a surge of ghost energy into the ground allowing the shadows to attack for him. Stacey had seen a Shadow Sneak before and it usually was a simple light hitting attack but this one was far from that. Due to their environment there was an abundance of shadows that appeared more than happy to strike a common foe. The shadow creatures surrounded Hypno and begun to tear at it bringing a look of panic before the usual anger set in. It looked ready to attack when the curse gripped its body robbing it of life and breaking its concentration. Before they could celebrate the small victory Knoll's cry of pain filled the room as he took an Astonish to the face, every super effective attack would only wear them down more.

    Though one had fared well so far the other had taken a beating. Stacey had to remember that they were in a double battle and if Wilfred fell then Lucius would take the force of two assaults and vice versa. Regaining enough of her senses to stop shaking and try to think over strategies to protect both of their Pokemon and limit the damage whilst still giving maximum offense possible. After a few moments she turned to Knoll.

    "Tell Wilfred to close his eyes," she whispered before issuing orders to Lucius.

    "Lucius, we need an advantage so unleash a Flash to temporarily blind both of those demons. Then slow Skuntank down further with your Thunder Wave and finally concentrate back on Hypno, strike with Dark Pulse."


    ~Stace and Imp. A Perfect Pair~
    FB : PC : DT

  18. #268
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowshocker View Post
    The Isle of Talas

    The Western Pyramid

    Empoleon Dynamite
    It takes you considerably more time to figure out the answer demanded by this other riddle, and if anything the limitations of the resources at your fingertips isn't a particularly helpful factor, but nonetheless you take a chance on the classification clauses that you remember and apply the same thesis to the remaining selection of words. A quick sum and confirmation later leaves you proudly declaring the Emperor Pokémon as your answer. For a while nothing seems to happen as your answer echoes through the lonely chamber, but suddenly a pair of light beams, each emerging from Jynx's eyes, focus into a single point just a short distance in front of your eyes. Series of glinting sparkles spike through the illumination, gathering and increasing in number, before simultaneously dissolving into a singular form: a gleaming key much like the other two, enchanting in its metallic lustre and peculiar in its design -- a triangular formation of teeth you suspect is made in the shape of a heart, while the handle fizzles with an embedded crystal flashing lightning in its centre.

    "Bearer of the soul, blessings smile upon you. Your quest nears its completion; now the final step lies before you."

    The words, once again, have altered to a message of well-wishing, only this time you know that with all three keys, there leaves one thing for you to do right now: make your way back to the mystical pool...
    The virgin’s stony pout had Wes in sweat, the arithmetical poser she’d left in her petrified wake all too much for the boy to process. Seconds turned into minutes, he’d certainly exhausted much more time in this chamber than any previous. Whilst the sandy scrawls where nothing much to go off, the boy had to take a chance. The scribing coursed through the shallows of the boy’s mind, through his lips, any uncertainties masked with a haughty guise. He adjusted his poise, unable to maintain his swagger and nervously scuttling rearward. Nothing happens, immediately at least, nothing to break the silence besides ringing echoes of the trainer’s answer. Wes eyed his way up the sculpture, squinting in distaste for the voluptuous hips and visible cleavage. “Can’t imagine how she gained her title”, he snickers to the Piplup. Its hypnotic pupils flicker a lifeless grey, although the boy could swear there was more to Grivo than met the eye. Another moment passed and the dull iris phased into a dazzling steel, two fine beams shafting outward. Wes jumps another pace backward in surprise, the bright ray basking against the sandy tiles with a blinding passion. Sparkles of white spike outward, retracting inward in little less than a second to create a singular trinket. Wes waned forward, any threat now seeming non-existent as he squatted down to his knees. Wes fingers the key into his grasp, admiring the heart wrought stub sticking out at its end. The charm pulsed with a pale radiance, its lively behaviour causing the boy’s heart to pump in anticipation for its exploitation.
    "Bearer of the soul, blessings smile upon you. Your quest nears its completion; now the final step lies before you."
    ““I like the sound of this, Bea” Wes smiled, giving thumbs up to his crustacean cohort and slapping her playfully in bearing of the tattered stairwell. He sent a smirk in the arctic bird’s direction too, the awkward gesture quick to fade with the added fact he knew nothing about the man behind the mask. The sensations of paranoia cause a rush of anxiety; he’d been leading a stranger through the ocean submerged pyramid, all out of good faith and his trainer responsibility. Maybe this was a lapse of judgement; Wes shrugged off the thoughts as he scrambled down the stairs, taking another step onto the watery chess board. The teen’s steps where almost second nature at this point, and whilst his balance was a bit shaky he had no troubles making sense of which steps would send him to a watery grave. Or, in a more likely scenario, shoot the two out into the marine in torpedo fashion. With the hub of the spacious pothole just metres away, the boy stroked the bauble of a pair of keys in his left pocket, firmly gripping the other key in his right. He could no longer hide the excitement bursting within his head, a zealous smile marking his face as he ambled the last few paces of the puzzle with a spring in his step.

  19. #269
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Classified
    Posts
    3,065

    Default

    The Isle of Talas

    The Western Pyramid

    Empoleon Dynamite
    The news that your journey is, quite certainly, reaching its destined end, puts quite a spring in your step. Where you had begun with a journey of goodwill for a stranger transformed into one of your preferred species of Pokémon, being dragged around a gigantic monument by the whims of unseen forces and having your limits pushed both mentally and physically has left you thankful for a resolution soon to come. By now even the bizarre circumstances of the pool can't deter you from stepping to your conclusion, and soon enough you feel your feet against the solid black platform. Taking a few moments to catch breaths and flash a confident smile at Piplup you hold the three keys together in your hand, briefly wondering if any stimuli might be necessary until you feel the items pulse gently within your grasp. Peering at your palms you find the three keys radiate with the gentle gleam of light dancing off the ocean, and further downwards you almost jump slightly at the black platform taking on the same visual effects. Tightly Piplup clutches to your pant leg, not having expected this outcome, and Beaker begins scuttling around while waving her pincers in frustration.

    Various thoughts run through your head, but none of them manage to account for what happens next: the solid black tile beginning to sink through the water -- which, after a fleeting instance of panic, you realise isn't being consumed by the water, but instead sinking a path by depression on its own. You give Beaker a bewildered look, answered by one conceding defeat from the Ruffian Pokémon, giving up any further attempt to understand the Pyramid's workings -- or, indeed, what it has in store for you. The situation's ambiguity doesn't improve as blue gives way to black, the water forming an inexplicable ceiling as you continue moving downward in a field of darkness, save for a spotlight of illumination you only realise when the blackness is all around you and the blue is tens of metres above. What is going on? you ponder, a thought quickly followed by, Is this an... arena of some sort?

    You resist the urge to drag your palm down your face as, almost like reading your mind, lights flicker on all around, revealing the three of you to be standing in the centre of tiled flooring much like what you'd see in a ballroom; the black platform only one of several... hundreds, by the look of it. At this depth you have a firm impression that you're as deep as you can go in the pyramid, judging by the size of this floor. As far as you can see a wall several metres high surrounds the circle of tiles, lined with crowds of little... blue... things? You're certain you've heard of those creatures before, but you're definitely sure they're not human. You briefly scan them with the PokéDex running on its minimum power, gleaning the name "Phione".

    "That was great, phi! You breezed through the challenges like they were nothing, phi!" The bright voice, almost childlike, draws your attention to one far end of the stadium where one of the Pokémon has ascended what seems to be a commentator's booth. "Although, it's somewhat disappointing to see that you're almost done, phi. We had a lot of fun watching you!" The excited cries of "Phi! Phi!" ring through the chamber, and for once you're not quite sure whether to feel flattered or annoyed at the ocean drifters.

    "Just one last game before you have to go, phi. Good luck!"

    Any excitement you might otherwise have had seems to drain out of your face as the words "one last game" echo in your subconscious, but as a shadow looms suddenly above you survival instinct kicks in, and taking Beaker and Piplup into a run you flee from the shade, a terrible crash booming from behind you. Scarcely daring to, you nevertheless turn to find an uncoiling Gyarados: undoubtedly the final challenge the Phione spoke of. With a roar Gyarados declares its presence and fury as it uncoils its full serpentine length, joined by a wild cheer -- more of a squeal, really -- from the spectators. Everything's boiled down to this, and regardless of how you might feel about being live entertainment for a motley population of sea angels, the show must go on...


    The Lost City of Rebus

    The Mystic Temple

    Arc_Angel
    Drawing from your experiences with double battles, more so having only faced one in the very recent past, you steel yourself with the thought that any decision made or burden borne would have to be carried out by the two ghostly gentlemen: a costly mistake could result in a slippery slope scenario if one of them fell. You decide on attempting to slow the enemy down by relying on some good old-fashioned indirect attacks; following a brief liaison Lucius' body erupts with the light of a Flash. Everybody else covers their eyes as brilliance bathes the four battlers, and when you feel it fade away you bring your sleeve down to see Wilfrid lay down his arms, having avoided the disorienting brightness. What you note alarmedly, though, is that while Skuntank is stumbling in the stupor of temporal blindness, Lucius seems to be doing the same. Almost with dread you look at Hypno, a knowing smirk in its eye as it releases its clenched hand, fragmenting the last of its Magic Coat.

    "Bliiiiim!" In a rare display of a temper you didn't know he had, you see Wilfrid release an Icy Wind, a move that startles you considering the Haze he's been putting out, he must be pushing his limits and reserves just to use the attack. Feeling the chill of the cold technique, both Hypno and Skuntank shiver in unison; an opening Lucius does not ignore as he desperately blinks away the spots in his eyes, aiming his hand for another attack. A spark, followed by a swarm of others, buzz haphazardly towards Skuntank, but for the most part Lucius' Thunder Wave scatter over their intended recipient, locking the toxic quadruped into place.

    "Now, Wilfrid! Use Shadow Ball!" calls Knoll, and sharing a knowing gleam only enjoyed between brothers in arms both Ghosts charge their respective energies together. Raising his arms Lucius launches his Dark Pulse alongside Wilfrid's spirit grenade. An explosion strong enough to rattle the stone tiles reverberates in the chamber, leaving Lucius and Wilfrid to cross their arms in admiration of their handiwork; sure enough Hypno stands, bruised and furious, while Skuntank remains rooted to its spot. "Hyp... no." A raised hand goes in Skuntank's direction as Hypno gets its pendulum swinging again, catching glints of the metallic surface before it starts glowing, and without warning it waves the item like a lariat, delivering several gashes into mid-air, each leaving a wide arc of dark energy that prompts a yell of pain as the men take the shots.

    "Night Slash? But Hypno can't... no, that was Hypno's Assist!" Knoll declares, horrified. There's no doubt that right now, the Psychic is the more dangerous of the two, and there's no telling what might happen now...

  20. #270
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In Imaginary Sin and Bliss
    Posts
    2,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowshocker View Post
    The Lost City of Rebus

    The Mystic Temple

    Arc_Angel
    Drawing from your experiences with double battles, more so having only faced one in the very recent past, you steel yourself with the thought that any decision made or burden borne would have to be carried out by the two ghostly gentlemen: a costly mistake could result in a slippery slope scenario if one of them fell. You decide on attempting to slow the enemy down by relying on some good old-fashioned indirect attacks; following a brief liaison Lucius' body erupts with the light of a Flash. Everybody else covers their eyes as brilliance bathes the four battlers, and when you feel it fade away you bring your sleeve down to see Wilfrid lay down his arms, having avoided the disorienting brightness. What you note alarmedly, though, is that while Skuntank is stumbling in the stupor of temporal blindness, Lucius seems to be doing the same. Almost with dread you look at Hypno, a knowing smirk in its eye as it releases its clenched hand, fragmenting the last of its Magic Coat.

    "Bliiiiim!" In a rare display of a temper you didn't know he had, you see Wilfrid release an Icy Wind, a move that startles you considering the Haze he's been putting out, he must be pushing his limits and reserves just to use the attack. Feeling the chill of the cold technique, both Hypno and Skuntank shiver in unison; an opening Lucius does not ignore as he desperately blinks away the spots in his eyes, aiming his hand for another attack. A spark, followed by a swarm of others, buzz haphazardly towards Skuntank, but for the most part Lucius' Thunder Wave scatter over their intended recipient, locking the toxic quadruped into place.

    "Now, Wilfrid! Use Shadow Ball!" calls Knoll, and sharing a knowing gleam only enjoyed between brothers in arms both Ghosts charge their respective energies together. Raising his arms Lucius launches his Dark Pulse alongside Wilfrid's spirit grenade. An explosion strong enough to rattle the stone tiles reverberates in the chamber, leaving Lucius and Wilfrid to cross their arms in admiration of their handiwork; sure enough Hypno stands, bruised and furious, while Skuntank remains rooted to its spot. "Hyp... no." A raised hand goes in Skuntank's direction as Hypno gets its pendulum swinging again, catching glints of the metallic surface before it starts glowing, and without warning it waves the item like a lariat, delivering several gashes into mid-air, each leaving a wide arc of dark energy that prompts a yell of pain as the men take the shots.

    "Night Slash? But Hypno can't... no, that was Hypno's Assist!" Knoll declares, horrified. There's no doubt that right now, the Psychic is the more dangerous of the two, and there's no telling what might happen now...
    With a new strategy in mind and both trainers and Pokemon working together Stacey felt a new resolve that pushed through her fear. She couldn't let one of them fall for they would all lose, these enemies were too wild and powerful to overlook, they'd have to be extra careful. Choosing to slow down the wiley pair Stacey gave Lucius his instructions and he didn't hesitate one second. The group sheilded their eyes knowing what was to come as Lucius shone with a light so bright it illuminated every inch of the room and painted it a dazzling white. As the Flash dissipated Stacey lowered her arms and saw Wilfred doing the same having been protected from the eye-searing light. She saw Skuntank stumbling about blindly but her eyes widened in shock as she saw Lucius almost mimicking its actions as he rubbed at his eyes. She turned to see Hypno with a wicked grin on its face its arm raised as its Magic Coat began to fade ... the crafty bugger.

    What came next shocked her further as Wilfred seemed to inflate with anger as he lost his temper. A blast of Icy cold Wind left his body washing over the pair of shadow-dwelling creatures leaving them shivering. It must have taken a lot out of his having spent a lot of the day providing a Haze for them all. Lucius made a most of the opportunity and as the spots began to clear hoped he would hit his mark. He charged up electric energy between his arms and and unleashed it towards where he had last seen Skuntank and most of the eletrical tendrils hit their mark locking the quadrape'd muscles tight.

    With the skunk immobilised the pair turn their attention back to Hypno and combine their attacks. Wilfred unleashes a Ball of Shadow energy that combines with Lucius' Dark Pulse as they race towards their target. The resounding explosion is enough to shake the room they stand in sending dust and poisonous smoke flying everywhere. As it all clears Hypno stands tall still though bruised and throughly pissed off. It raises its arm to Skuntank drawing off its energy and as its pendulum swings back and forth surrounded by dark energy he boys share a concerned look. Soon the pendulum arcs violently sending black slashes of energy at the two ghosts both yelling in pain as they're hit. It had used its assist to draw on a very painful and effective attack.

    Right now Hypno appeared to be the biggest threat even with the Curse sapping its strength and its battered condition. Skuntank was immobilisd for now, perhaps it would be best to focus on eliminating Hypno. Stace turned to see Lucius grimacing holding his chest where the Night Slash had hit, she bit her lip and prayed that they would all come out of this alive and well, that this was the worst of it even if she knew it wasn't true.

    "Lucius, it might be best to focus on Hypno, its full of tricks and we need to eliminate it. The curse will only do so much so if we combine with Wilfred then move to Skuntank." Stacey said sounding a little unsure and squoze Knolls hand subconsciously almost wanting reassurance that she was doing the right thing.

    "Spite Hypno for using that move, make it feel the pain you did. Then give it a taste of your Ominous Wind and use your Faint Attack to dodge and strike anytime it tries to retaliate."


    ~Stace and Imp. A Perfect Pair~
    FB : PC : DT

  21. #271
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Classified
    Posts
    3,065

    Default

    The Lost City of Rebus

    The Mystic Temple

    Arc_Angel
    Now more certain than ever that Hypno is the more dangerous Pokémon of the double equation, you affirm the focus of battling efforts on the living sleep-inducer. With looks enough to kill Lucius stares in the direction of Hypno, ghost energy sizzling from his eyes with spiritual fury, and even as Hypno's pendulum continues to swing in nonchalance you know that each passing second strains it further with Lucius' expression of Spite. As the Tailwind he summoned earlier wafts about his flexible arms Wilfrid abruptly swings them into action, delivering a sharp squall of Air Cutters at the Psychic-type. Slashed by the air boomerangs Hypno recoils, before reassuming positions in a rage of its own. Much like Lucius earlier a mass of energy pours forth out of Hypno's blank insomniac eyes: unrestrained Psychic power that Lucius promptly meets with an Ominous Wind released from his unzipped mouth. For a while the attacks remain at a stalemate; Lucius' advantageous element working against Hypno's technique of a stronger magnitude, until without warning the spectrum of mental power splits apart. The observation doesn't worry you for a moment, until the technique wraps itself about Lucius' attack and performs a murderous arc, slamming into Wilfrid like a miniature coment. With a sound much like a balloon deflating Wilfrid cries out, and gritting your teeth you recognise Hypno's usage of psychokinetic manipulation, but little time can be allotted for righteous anger as a Flamethrower explodes from the forgotten Skuntank, having shaken off its paralysis momentarily to get an attack in.

    Taken aback by the unexpected stream of flames even as his species-based grudge burns stronger, survival instinct barely kicks in for your Banette as he vanishes in a Faint Attack, reappearing briefly to smack Skuntank in its posterior-shaped face before going back to his position, casting a concerned look at the wheezing Wilfrid. Another Psychic blast erupts out of Hypno's eyes, eliciting a muffled scream from Missy as she places her hands to her lips, but before the energy can strike dark power appears to explode all over Wilfrid, surrounding him in a shade of armour that the Psychic attack simply diffracts into by principles of type matchup. Half angered, half panicked, Hypno continues pushing its attack, only for Wilfrid to charge while still keeping his protection in darkness, ramming into Hypno's nose heavily for its Payback. Serenely floating back to his place in front of Knoll, Wilfrid dissipates his aura with but a firm glare at his enemy, and taking a glance at Hypno you can tell it's not in good shape at all. Indignantly Hypno raises its pendulum with a shaking hand, but at that instant the Curse Lucius planted on it ravages through its body. Bereft of strength Hypno keels over, collapsing into the cloaking fog in an unceremonious puff, and after a few moments of tense waiting you are sure it won't be resurfacing...

  22. #272
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In Imaginary Sin and Bliss
    Posts
    2,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowshocker View Post
    The Lost City of Rebus

    The Mystic Temple

    Arc_Angel
    Now more certain than ever that Hypno is the more dangerous Pokémon of the double equation, you affirm the focus of battling efforts on the living sleep-inducer. With looks enough to kill Lucius stares in the direction of Hypno, ghost energy sizzling from his eyes with spiritual fury, and even as Hypno's pendulum continues to swing in nonchalance you know that each passing second strains it further with Lucius' expression of Spite. As the Tailwind he summoned earlier wafts about his flexible arms Wilfrid abruptly swings them into action, delivering a sharp squall of Air Cutters at the Psychic-type. Slashed by the air boomerangs Hypno recoils, before reassuming positions in a rage of its own. Much like Lucius earlier a mass of energy pours forth out of Hypno's blank insomniac eyes: unrestrained Psychic power that Lucius promptly meets with an Ominous Wind released from his unzipped mouth. For a while the attacks remain at a stalemate; Lucius' advantageous element working against Hypno's technique of a stronger magnitude, until without warning the spectrum of mental power splits apart. The observation doesn't worry you for a moment, until the technique wraps itself about Lucius' attack and performs a murderous arc, slamming into Wilfrid like a miniature comet. With a sound much like a balloon deflating Wilfrid cries out, and gritting your teeth you recognise Hypno's usage of psychokinetic manipulation, but little time can be allotted for righteous anger as a Flamethrower explodes from the forgotten Skuntank, having shaken off its paralysis momentarily to get an attack in.

    Taken aback by the unexpected stream of flames even as his species-based grudge burns stronger, survival instinct barely kicks in for your Banette as he vanishes in a Faint Attack, reappearing briefly to smack Skuntank in its posterior-shaped face before going back to his position, casting a concerned look at the wheezing Wilfrid. Another Psychic blast erupts out of Hypno's eyes, eliciting a muffled scream from Missy as she places her hands to her lips, but before the energy can strike dark power appears to explode all over Wilfrid, surrounding him in a shade of armour that the Psychic attack simply diffracts into by principles of type matchup. Half angered, half panicked, Hypno continues pushing its attack, only for Wilfrid to charge while still keeping his protection in darkness, ramming into Hypno's nose heavily for its Payback. Serenely floating back to his place in front of Knoll, Wilfrid dissipates his aura with but a firm glare at his enemy, and taking a glance at Hypno you can tell it's not in good shape at all. Indignantly Hypno raises its pendulum with a shaking hand, but at that instant the Curse Lucius planted on it ravages through its body. Bereft of strength Hypno keels over, collapsing into the cloaking fog in an unceremonious puff, and after a few moments of tense waiting you are sure it won't be resurfacing...
    Their target was now Hypno and the Psychic Pokemon didn't even seemed fazed that both enemies were ready to finish it off. With Skuntank still locked by the errant electricity arcing round its body Lucius set his vicious gaze upon Hypno and if looks could kill, this would have been over a long time ago. His eyes seemed to glow with spiritual energy, an indigo fire crackling in the usually pink orbs as he summoned another curse the Spite striking deep into Hypno's body making even the easy swinging of its pendulum painful. Wilfred seemed to gain a second wind, litterally, as his Tailwind picked up around him and spurred him into action. Swiping his arms through the air arcs of energy move with the motion and slice into Hypno. It recovers all too quickly as pure rage enters its eyes followed by a familiar glow as a powerful Psychic begins to build. As it unleashes the energy Lucius meets it head on with his Ominous Wind, the purple air pushing against the psychic wave in a stalemate. Stacey watched the exchange with trepidation mentally willing Lucius's power to shine through despite the greater power being thrown at him. Suddenly the combined energies change direction and Stacey could only give a silent sound of horror as it barrells into Wilfred eliciting a scream of pain.

    Stacey felt her anger overtake her horror at Hypno, the dastardly being had attacked her comrade's Pokemon with her own's attack and now the Drifblim was looking like a tattered balloon. Lucius looked very guilty for the damage he had unwittingly caused his new found comrade but had very little time to mull over it. Skuntank had shaken off its paralysis enough to unleash an attack and the molten holt Flamethrower sped towards the puppet Pokemon. Stacey dug her nails into her hands, and possibly Knolls, as she the the flames engulf where Lucius had been only to relax as she saw him emerge next to the skunk surrounded by dark energy slamming into it with his Faint Attack. He floated away from danger and looked over to Wilfred who was panting heavily.

    Hypno despite the pain it was suffering had not yet finished torturing the two ghosts and decided to continue with the weakened Wilfred. Its eyes glowed once more and a blast of Psychic energy ripped forth with even greater power. Missy gave a muffled scream as she slammed her arms over her mouth her eyes watering as she saw her new found friend about to torn to shreads. Stacey turned to her Mismagius not able to face what was about to happen but she saw Missy's eyes grow wide and her hands move away from her mouth and turned to see what had happened. Wilfred was surrounded by a dark energy that took the Pyschic blast without the Drifloon taking any damage. Wilfred charges through the Psychic in his dark shield and hits Hypno head on right in its large nose throwing it back to the ground. Wilfred floated almost serenly back to is place, next to Lucius as Hypno got back to its feet its body bleeding and bruised almost all over. It's arm was shaking and pure fury was the only thing keeping it going but soon even that wasn't enough. It cringed greatly as the curse robbed it of its last bit of strength and it collapsed to the ground, disappearing through the poisouns fog with an uncerimonious puff. The entire group watched the spot where Hypno had fallen for a few tense moments before letting loose the breath they were holding, it wasn't getting back up any time soon. That only left Skuntank and although it had a lot of vitality left the odds were in their favour with the greater numbers. Wilfred was looking worse than their enemy but Stacey was going to make sure he didn't suffer anymore.

    "Lucius, well done, you're nearly there now, only one ugly skunk left. Hold it steady with Disable to give Wilfred time to heal, set up defenses or attack; just hold it as long as you can. When you can no longer hold it attack with Dragonbreath and Water Pulse."


    ~Stace and Imp. A Perfect Pair~
    FB : PC : DT

  23. #273
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Classified
    Posts
    3,065

    Default

    The Lost City of Rebus

    The Mystic Temple

    Arc_Angel
    Left with only one opponent to face some confidence renews itself in all of you, more so considering Skuntank's compromised status, and any opposition it might have otherwise put up is silenced as Lucius casts his Disable spell on Skuntank, relying on the technique's sealing effect to lock up the odious enemy in place. It doesn't take long for the spectral blimp to catch on to the strategy laid out by his comrade; with another puffy swell Wilfrid begins building up energy inside his membraneous structure, glowing with Stockpiled strength inside his body to buffet further strikes. As it is Lucius eventually finds that his powers can only hold for so long a stretch, and like a Growlithe wrenching free from its leash Skuntank rears its head causing Lucius to stumble in mid-air. Angrily Skuntank bellows a Screech of frustration, forcing everyone to hold limbs to their ears from the resounding dissonance -- you note concernedly how Lucius' body shudders in spite of his attempt to block out the noise, but on the bright side you see Wilfrid glow warmly as he proverbially Swallows the energy he stored, converting potential into health restoration.

    Having secured the working strategy, Lucius cackles another of his laughs, unzipping his mouth in a release of Dragonbreath this time, matching stink for stink as Skuntank is bathed liberally in the gas. Upon seeing Skuntank's lack of any apparent anomaly, Lucius sneeringly brings his hands together in another attack; swirling liquids coming as one in Water Pulse formation before the voodoo mastermind releases it, lobbing the grenade over before splattering all over the Dark-type... who, you ponder, has been surprisingly silent throughout the exchange since its last outburst. Could it be...?

    "Skun-TAAAAANK!" roars the beast, and instantly horror lights up in your mind as a familiar dark blaze razes across Skuntank's frame: for what had happened to it Skuntank was ready to exact its Payback. As it lunges, Wilfrid desperately releases a Shock Wave to dissuade the technique, but the rage accumulated by Skuntank proves too much for the electrical attack. Shuppet's shrill scream pierces your hearing as Lucius is struck by the malicious aura, and somehow by instinct you find yourself turning to Missy, a few tears going down her beautiful face as you recognise her regret; what would happen to Lucius now? Supporting himself in suspension the Banette mumbles curses at the blasted enemy, though weaker than what would be considered healthy and barely coherent. To say the least, things don't seem to be concluding soon...

  24. #274
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In Imaginary Sin and Bliss
    Posts
    2,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowshocker View Post
    The Lost City of Rebus

    The Mystic Temple

    Arc_Angel
    Left with only one opponent to face some confidence renews itself in all of you, more so considering Skuntank's compromised status, and any opposition it might have otherwise put up is silenced as Lucius casts his Disable spell on Skuntank, relying on the technique's sealing effect to lock up the odious enemy in place. It doesn't take long for the spectral blimp to catch on to the strategy laid out by his comrade; with another puffy swell Wilfrid begins building up energy inside his membraneous structure, glowing with Stockpiled strength inside his body to buffet further strikes. As it is Lucius eventually finds that his powers can only hold for so long a stretch, and like a Growlithe wrenching free from its leash Skuntank rears its head causing Lucius to stumble in mid-air. Angrily Skuntank bellows a Screech of frustration, forcing everyone to hold limbs to their ears from the resounding dissonance -- you note concernedly how Lucius' body shudders in spite of his attempt to block out the noise, but on the bright side you see Wilfrid glow warmly as he proverbially Swallows the energy he stored, converting potential into health restoration.

    Having secured the working strategy, Lucius cackles another of his laughs, unzipping his mouth in a release of Dragonbreath this time, matching stink for stink as Skuntank is bathed liberally in the gas. Upon seeing Skuntank's lack of any apparent anomaly, Lucius sneeringly brings his hands together in another attack; swirling liquids coming as one in Water Pulse formation before the voodoo mastermind releases it, lobbing the grenade over before splattering all over the Dark-type... who, you ponder, has been surprisingly silent throughout the exchange since its last outburst. Could it be...?

    "Skun-TAAAAANK!" roars the beast, and instantly horror lights up in your mind as a familiar dark blaze razes across Skuntank's frame: for what had happened to it Skuntank was ready to exact its Payback. As it lunges, Wilfrid desperately releases a Shock Wave to dissuade the technique, but the rage accumulated by Skuntank proves too much for the electrical attack. Shuppet's shrill scream pierces your hearing as Lucius is struck by the malicious aura, and somehow by instinct you find yourself turning to Missy, a few tears going down her beautiful face as you recognise her regret; what would happen to Lucius now? Supporting himself in suspension the Banette mumbles curses at the blasted enemy, though weaker than what would be considered healthy and barely coherent. To say the least, things don't seem to be concluding soon...
    Wilfred had taken a beating and feeling a little noble Stacey orders Lucius to hold off their stinking foe in order to give the hot air balloon a break. Lucius still raring to go locks Skuntank down with his Disable his concentration evident in his eyes. Wilfred gets the plan quickly which was good, any hesitation would only hurt Lucius and began to glow and swell in size as he Stockpiled energy. Non-existant sweat was trickling down Lucius' brow as he tried to contain the beast that was writhing against the psychic hold causing the ghost to wince and crush his fingers down as if pulling on an invisble rope. Skuntank rears its head and lets loose an earpiercing Screech causing Lucius to falter in midair, not a single person was unaffected by the noise as everyone was covering their ears in pain. Even despite the noise Wilfred managed to complete his combo and Swallowed the energy restoring some health and Lucius shared a grin with him, it had worked after hadn't it?

    With that tiring task finished Lucius begins his attack and breathes out a beautiful but vicious wave of green flames that cascade over the skunk who stands firm with no after effects unfortunately. Lucius glares and powers up a shmmering ball of water energy between his hands before launching it Skuntank the projectile exploding in a wave of water as it impacts but the dark type still remained stoic. Lucius frowned wondering how his attacks had no effect but he was soon to find out. A moment of silence filled the tomb as everyone began to realise what was about to come, they had witnessed it not too long ago and there was no time for warnings. Skuntank roared and pitch black energy surrounded it making it blend into the shadows. Lucius look horrified as he released what was about to hit him. Wilfred tried, bless him, to stop Skuntank in its track releasing a Shock Wave that seemed to only wash over the dark shield and Lucius grunted in pain holding back the scream of agony, the small Shuppet providing one for him as she saw her love get blasted. Stacey was shking again holding on dearly to Knoll as she and Missy exchanged tears. The energy seemed to cling to Lucius before it faded away leaving him panting and haunched over holding onto his abdomen, that had been beyond painful but he was trying his best not to show it.

    Stacey didn't want to continue with this fight anymore but what choice did they have, Lucius and Wilfred wouldn't give up and she couldn't ask them too Lucius would rather suffer a torturous death than appear weak, he had been around Macabre too long. She needed to heal him at least, he had no moves available to do so himself so it fell to her.

    "Do you think Wilfred can hold off Skuntank long enough for me to give these to Lucius?" Stacey asked holding an Oran and Sitrus berry in her hand hoping they would be enough for Lucius to continue ... the stubborn sod.

    Stacey caught Lucius attention and beckoned for him to come over and held out the berries.

    "Eat these and fast if you want to finish this fight or I'll bring Imp in," she warned knowing Lucius wouldn't give up the glory of defeating these beasts and protecting his family.

    "Use Imprison to seal off that Payback and any other moves you two have in common. It may still be wet so try an Icy Wind. If you and Wilfred get in trouble again Teleport yourselves to a safer spot."


    ~Stace and Imp. A Perfect Pair~
    FB : PC : DT

  25. #275
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Classified
    Posts
    3,065

    Default

    The Lost City of Rebus

    The Mystic Temple

    Arc_Angel
    With Lucius the one to suffer monumental damage this time, and without a definite method of self-recovery, you beckon to Lucius with a few precious berries in hand; the request coming off more like an order. Desperately peering at Knoll, you see the man nod silently while your Banette glares witheringly, scowling at you as he realises how you've played his strong sense of pride against himself. A strangled cry is heard from Skuntank near the edge of your vision; a glance informs you of Wilfrid putting the command into action as his four arms Constrict themselves about the Dark-type, actually managing to lift the floundering mammal off the ground in disorientation. Grumbling Lucius swipes the berries from your grasp, opening his zipper mouth and popping them in, the healing effects kicking in a few seconds later.

    "Skun! Skuntank!" Your attention drawn back to the enemy, you're alarmed to see waves of dark energy begin to flicker about the bound beast, and recognising the technique as well Lucius valiantly brings his arms together in crossed formation. For the next few moments your heart pumps in your mouth as you wonder if Lucius was in time, but eventually the Dark Pulse attempt falters completely, blocked by Lucius' Imprisonment of the shared knowledge. Unable to hold onto the weight anymore Wilfrid lets Skuntank go, dropping it in a thump that lights a small grin of satisfaction amongst the collection of ghosts.

    "Of course; Berries." Seemingly inspired by your own usage of the fruit, Knoll appears to rifle through his own belongings, producing a half-blue, half-green berry that you vaguely remember possessing a few specimens of, but was never quite sure of what purpose they served. Regardless, you catch on to what Knoll has planned; a shout of "Catch, Wilfird!" is followed with Knoll hurling the Berry into Wilfrid's waiting arm. For a second time Wilfrid presents a show of his Natural Gift, surrounding the Apicot Berry in an earthy glow before dropping the attack onto Skuntank in point-blank range. A loud wail is heard from Skuntank, opposed to a Screech with that skill locked up by Lucius as well, and no time is given for Skuntank to recover as Lucius unleashes Icy Wind all over it while Wilfrid moves back to his original placing.

    Without any distinct outburst or response and Skuntank being mostly obscured by the fog you ponder if the battle hasn't ended, but a raising of its tail convinces you otherwise. Lashing nastily in midair the fur bristles all over Skuntank's fifth limb, before a foul-smelling liquid emerges from the tip in a hissing torrent. Instantly you bring a hand to your nose and mouth in disgust, but Missy's shout of concern tells you that the stench is the least of your worries now: the Toxic properties of Skuntank's signature biological ability have started to sink in on Lucius and Wilfrid, furthering the pressure on the precious little time you have...

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •