Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast
Results 326 to 350 of 430

Thread: Talas' Recorded History

  1. #326
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Team Rocket HQ
    Posts
    884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John's Knight View Post


    CyberBlastoise
    Happy to see again your trusty Silver, you quickly pull out your pokedex to analyze the bulb pokemon who stood silently in front of you. “Hey there li’l Petilil” you greet the grass little trooper. “Are you lost?” Your answer was not given any answer – at all. The grass pokemon continued there, motionless, not even its eyes meeting yours. But that was just for a short time.

    “INITIATE BATTLE”

    Those words echoed through the infinite space, and almost like a reflex you return to your Blastoise’s side. Whose voice was that? Seemed somewhat robotic (and cliché’d as well), but no one else was there besides you three. You had more to worry however, as the small bulb pokemon appeared to return to life, quickly gathering a considerable amount of glowing energy between its three leafs. The Solarbeam seemed ready to be fired, until-

    “REVERSE MODE – ACTIVATED”

    The orb of energy quickly dissipated into thin air. While you two were still extremely confused, the bulb pokemon had its mind clear, and to shock you even further, it had fired – how could this be? – a Water Gun at your Blastoise! Silver managed to easily dodge it, but regardless of whatever the hell was happening, one thing appeared certain: this was a crazy-looking battle.

    What will you do?



    Bill analyzed the situation for a moment. Something was very amiss here, first a robotic voice trying to "initiate [a] battle" then suddenly the Petilil suddenly attacked. When Bill saw that Solar Beam he was about to call out to his Blastoise, when suddenly it disappeared, leaving both Silver and Bill in shock. The powerful grass-attack dissipated into a weak Water-attack, which Silver dodged with ease. "Well, this is interesting," Bill stated.

    He thought about the situation, if this "reverse mode" as it was called was still active, then ice type attacks may not have any effect, in fact, Bill had no idea what to expect. He commanded, "We better stick with the attacks with standard effectiveness, for now, Silver. First use Zen Headbutt. Follow it up with Rapid Spin, finally use Pay Day." This was going to be a weird battle, and Bill hoped that this would at least keep things...as normal as possible.

    Cyber's PC
    Credit to PikaPal_Lyra for the Banner


    3DS Friend Code: 2320-7298-6586

  2. #327
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The Future
    Posts
    1,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John's Knight View Post
    Celebii 151
    You take your time to fully analyze the situation in front of you; having asked for a riddle to the mythological Sphinx, a Baltoy had emerged from the sand, seemingly protecting the entrance to its master’s chambers. “It is not what it looks like” you had heard, quickly assuming of a fake or impersonator creature that was mimicking the psychic Pokémon’s appearance. Not entirely sure of your answer, you say “May this Baltoy be a Zorua or a Zoroark, utilizing its Illusion ability?” Indeed, it was a smart choice – the Zorua line was the only one with that ability, its transformation being merely an illusion, allowing Zorua and Zoroark to keep its type and moves. Biting your lower lip, you stand firm in your ground, waiting for the words you hoped you had not heard.

    “Incorrect”

    The resonating word takes its time to fade, almost as if to shame you further. The Baltoy did not seem pleased with your answer as well, its eyes now showing an angry blue. Engaging in a quick spin, you almost feel the urge to clean your eyes, as what was once a Baltoy, was now escorted by two other. The Double Team had made the situation slightly more threatening, as the three Baltoy continue their slow movement, starting to encircle you. As it had been postulated before – you answered incorrectly, you have to pay the consequences, and the Baltoy seemed eager to make you pay it.

    What will you do?
    "Incorrect!" The word was still ringing in Cele's head. "I'm so stupid." Cele said. "I failed the first riddle, while almost everyone else gets through." Cele yelled at no one, kicking himself in the leg, repeatedly. “The Baltoy wasn't a Zorua? Then what was the answer?” Cele asked the Sphinx, almost certain she would not answer. Before Cele could get an answer, the Baltoy had commenced its actions, utilizing Double Team to create two identical clones of itself. They all slowly approach Cele menacingly, as if to scare him. Cele realized the only way was to battle for another chance with the Sphinx. “Boing, Neptune! Get ready for battle!” The two Pokemon looked rather surprised, though they trusted their trainer fully. “Boing, use Odor Sleuth to identify the correct Baltoy, then Shadow Ball it. Neptune, use an Ice Beam followed by a Water Pulse!”
    Last edited by FlashFusion; 30th April 2012 at 9:17 PM.
    The Artist Formerly Known as Celebii151

        Spoiler:- PASBL Record:



  3. #328
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John's Knight View Post
    Poke_Hunter(no problem, after all you’re just starting; your reply was excellent, keep it up and you’ll do great ^-^)

    Quickly shouting out orders to both your pokemon, Terrance the Turtwig is the first to act, setting up a green spherical barrier around you to Protect yourselves from any harm. The timing was excellent, as the Excadrill had just hit the floor with his right iron claw with such force that most of the rocks created by ceiling’s collapse were projected towards. Fortunately, the Rock Slide was negated by Terrance’s protective dome, some of them ricocheting back to the chamber’s walls, while most just fell to the ground nearby.

    “Impressive” the man claimed, but that was the only word he said, as your Joltik seals his mouth shut with a strong String Shot he had quickly fired. The man tried to rip it out of his face, but it was to no use, and he could only watch Terrance mimicking the Excadrill’s previous move, firing forward another Slide of Rocks. The subterrene pokemon however was no ordinary foe, his claws suddenly glowing white, using his Metal Claws to easily crush whatever was thrown at him. Unfortunately for him, there were simply too many boulders to be crushed, a few of them actually hitting the mining pokemon, quickly shrugging off the hit.

    Both pokemon proving themselves to one another, the Excadrill was next to act, this time Slashing away the bug string that stopped his trainer from talking. “Cheers, Afiar” he thanked his pokemon, before returning to you. “You have good pokemon, no doubt, but give it a rest. My Excadrill is far more powerful than yours, and even in the remote case that I lose, you won’t manage to leave this place alive. You have terribly bad luck, and you’ve stumbled upon something you shouldn’t have seen.”

    With a sight, he continued. “Let’s go, boss’ orders. Hone your Claws, and Slash that bug. Hit the turtle next with a Drill Run . Be careful to not hit the walls, we can’t risk any more damage.”

    What will you do?

    The rocks came a-clattering down, and although they made loud impacts, they weren't able to break through Terrance's screen. Note to self;, he thought, thank Ben for giving Terrance all those TMs. when the cascade of stones finally finished falling, Dan stood, getting out of the hunched position he had been in under the shield.

    "Impressive." That was all the man could get out before Zapz turned and stuck his trap shut with his kind's strong, sticky string. Dan smiled cockily.

    "Thanks, but we're not done with yet. Terrance, now!" The Turtwig nodded, then started to gather up a cluster of rocks - both general debris and some of the stones the Excadrill tried to collapse onto them - before tackling them, sending them flying at the Drill Mole. His trainer yanked at the string, crying some heavily muffled orders, to no avail. However, the Excadrill wasn't only strong - it was fast, and smart too. It tore straight through the rocks with a glowing claw of iron. While some pieces flew all over, a few managed to punch through, striking the large driller mole in the chest. It staggered, but was back forth in an eyeblink.

    The Excadrill then drew one claw and slashed his trainer's mouth free. The man inhaled deeply, before thanking his mole compatriot - apparently by the name of Afair - before turning his attention to Dan. “You have good pokemon, no doubt, but give it a rest. My Excadrill is far more powerful than yours, and even in the remote case that I lose, you won’t manage to leave this place alive. You have terribly bad luck, and you’ve stumbled upon something you shouldn’t have seen.”

    "Well, that last part is blatantly obvious, but don't think for a second I'm not going down without a fight!" Dan was determined - he wanted out of here alive, as any normal person would want. The difference between him and man others, however, is a motley crew able to back him up. The man sighed deeply before turning to Afair. Let’s go, boss’ orders. Hone your Claws, and Slash that bug. Hit the turtle next with a Drill Run . Be careful to not hit the walls, we can’t risk any more damage.”

    Dan thought fast, then remembered something - the kissing booth from Valentine's day. "Zapz, boost your Agility while he sharpens those claws of his, then under his slash and Tickle him into submission! Terrance, a pair of Energy Balls should suffice; one while he's being tickled, and the other while he's coming in for Drill Run."
    Last edited by JustAnotherUser; 30th April 2012 at 6:21 PM.
    PASBL Squad Summary - TL1, Ungraded Ref
    FB Profile

  4. #329
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    The Lost Cities of Talas
    The Archaeology Zone

    The Isle of Talas


    Laos River: A long and winding river lined with tall palm trees snaking its way throughout this vast desert island. Many wild Pokémon can be found basking upon its banks, while families love to sit by the water and watch the barges sailing by.


    TA looked at the great river before him, squinting as the hot desert sun reflected off the water into his eyes. His Treecko was lounging in the shade of a nearby palm tree, waiting for his trainer to give the signal to move out.

    "Alright, Nav," said TA. "We've rested enough. I've heard this is a great place to explore on a journey, and we need to set out before we get too comfortable."

    "Treecko!" Nav said as he jumped up and walked over to TA's feet.

    TA laughed. "I'm glad you're excited! Let's head downstream to start off. What do you think?" After receiving a nod from the Pokemon, TA smiled and headed off.

    (Stats in sig)
    My fan-fic(Credit to Gelatino95 at Crazy Dragon Graphics for the userbar) Author's profile
    And here's an awesome RPG. It has dinosaurs!And a sprite comic, because I can't draw!

    Please click my dragon(s)!

  5. #330
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ecruteak City
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    The Lost Cities of Talas
    The Archaeology Zone

    Areas:
    Laos River: A long and winding river lined with tall palm trees snaking its way throughout this vast desert island. Many wild Pokémon can be found basking upon its banks, while families love to sit by the water and watch the barges sailing by.

    Arriving upon the embankment of the Laos River, Eric and Blaze looked out across the water, marveling in their surroundings. Palm trees grew along the edge of the stream while barges motored through the water, cutting V-like lines across the glassy surface. The arid desert surrounding the river seemed to stretch out for an eternity, well past the horizon. Tourists mingled among one another while they swam, talked, laughed, and battled with Pokémon. All of the elements of the river's environment blended together to form the perfect spot for a vacation paradise; the dry climate created the perfect stage for some water fun. It's no wonder this place is so popular with families, Eric thought.

    "I bet the river's also the perfect spot to catch some Pokémon," Eric muttered aloud to his partner. Blaze barked, heading farther up the stream sniffing the ground like crazy. Eric followed behind, absentmindedly thumbing through a guidebook regarding the area while he kept his eyes peeled for any wild Pokémon...

  6. #331
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Quebec province, Canada
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    The Lost Cities of Talas
    The Archaeology Zone

    Long since buried beneath the desert sands, the lost city of Sobek was discovered after a ferocious sandstorm uncovered part of an ancient abode. When archaeologists heard of the discovery they flocked from all over the world to examine the area, eventually unearthing several more vicinities in which the ruined remains of ancient civilisations have been laying undisturbed for thousands of years. Portions of the strange writings and hieroglyphs discovered in these lost cities have been translated, fuelling speculation that the entire island of Talas is somehow tied in with the heavens. Items, carvings, texts, as well as some rather unsettling discoveries and mysterious events have helped to cement these theories in the minds of some, while others dismiss them as fantasy. Each of the cities are believed to be connected to the others somehow, but there are still missing pieces of a much larger puzzle to be found, leading scholars to believe that there are more cities that have yet to be discovered. Talas has now become a popular archaeological site which attracts scientists, scholars, tourists, and trainers from across the globe.

    The Lost City of Lacuna
    Located at the bottom of a deep valley laid out in the shape of a crescent moon, the Laos River provides the surrounding area with a rich source of nutrition. Thick jungle surrounds the ancient city whose inhabitants appear to have worshipped cats. Statues and inscriptions depict a very large, very muscular, panther-like feline as tall as a man whilst on all fours, but whether this creature is an extinct Pokémon or something else is anyone's guess. No references have been found in relation to this mythical beast, leaving many to wonder if it actually existed, or was simply a God worshipped by those who inhabited the city.

    The Moon Temple: A large temple dedicated to Saros, the God of the Moon. It is said that at various times strange events occur, all of which are related to the moon itself, whether that's during a solar eclipse, lunar eclipse, or under the light of a full moon. Quiet and serene, this temple has an almost magical aura about it, leaving many feeling calm and collected even under the most stressful of circumstances.


    When I learned about Talas, I was blown away by the possibilities of the place. Every single corner of it had a mysterious or mystical feeling that I love so much, being curious and having a thing for ancient stories and legends. After thinking for days and many games of eenie miney, I finally decided to go to Lacuna's Moon Temple.

    I sit on the temple's rocky floor, taking all in the relaxing atmosphere of the sanctuary.

    "Man, I never thought it was true that coming here calms anyone down, well I'm sure proved wrong right now!"

    Max, my Poochyena, quietly barks and nuzzles my arm.

    "Sheesh, even you, who's usually a furball of energy, is now all mellowed down like a marshmellow!" I giggle, finding his unusual reactions quite funny.

    "They say that stuff happens here depending on what's the phase of the moon it's at..." I grab my Pokédex and look at the calendar application. "according to it, it's gonna be the new moon soon... Lots of religions and beliefs related to new moons are about new beginnings and changes, if I remember right... Kinda fitting, if you think about it," as I pet Max's head and ponder about how it is the first time we set foot in Talas, and how we are still just starting adventuring, instead of working and staying at home like we used to. "Wonder what it'll happen here with that? And if we're gonna see something, for that matter..."

  7. #332
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Areas:
    Port Pearl: A large, bustling port developed to handle the large amount of traffic now navigating the Laos River into Atlas City. Cargo ships, fishing trawlers, ferries, small tourist boats, and even five star cruise liners, all dock here. Café's, restaurants, boutiques, a couple of small inns, and a tour company all line the river banks making it a central hub of activity for the thriving metropolis of Atlas City.

    Happy to find a peaceful area close to water, Noriko walked along the docks. With all that had been going on lately, she had barely had any time to bond with her new Pokémon, Callias the Finneon. Spotting a quiet spot, she pulled out a Pokéball and called out her new friend. Callias was the quiet type, but seemed to enjoy the waters he was in. While Callias swam happily in circles, Noriko sat down and watched the ships and cruisers go by in the distance. "If only I could ever go on a cruise," she thought to herself, dreaming of full meals at the buffet, tax free shops and the sound of the waves lulling her to sleep at night.

    Callias jumped out of the water, spraying small droplets of water on Noriko. "I suppose we could do some training while we're here, right? Gotta get ready for Contests!" Noriko got up on her feet. "Callias, try to use Surf for as long as you can, we need to build your stamina!" While Callias got his training underway, Noriko wondered what else she could do around here: the place seemed busy enough for it. The focus of the day was Callias though, so going too far away from the water would be out of the question.

    Clapping her hands at her Pokémon's effort, Noriko called out to him: "Good job, Callias! Now try to do the same in the form of a Voltorb!"

  8. #333
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Pune, India
    Posts
    295

    Default takkupanda's Update #1

    Hi guys! Welcome to the lost lands of Talas! Since this is my first update here at FB, I would like to apologize in advance for any errors that I might have made (especially, calling any Growlithe - Broly). I hope you have a nice few adventures here and enjoy!

    The Southern Pyramid:

    Charminions: After making your way through the hot barren desert with some difficulty, you and Apollo finally find what you were looking for - the Southern Pyramid. This ancient Talasian monument dedicated to the God of Fire may look like a daunting sight to many, but it was an exciting one for you and Apollo. You decide to go inside and pay homage to the God of Fire. As you enter the only open corridor, you see a very old architecture in general, with sculptures of Blaziken in weird poses embossed on the walls. The corridor is lit with candles which are mounted on Litwick statues. How the candles keep burning is a mystery, but the thing that worries you more is that the only corridor leading to the insides ends in a stone wall with only one stone at about face height missing. The opening thus made is about the size of a brick. You try to peep through it, but it is too dark to see inside. You start looking around for clues about how to get in there and find a half burnt piece of parchment on the floor which says:

    * * * Welcome to the Southe...
    * * * * * * * * * The Pyramid of F...

    Those willing to enter the great P...
    must light the torch on the far sid...
    with fire. The torch is exactly stra...
    from the hole in the stone wall. Y...
    one chance to light it. You cann...
    miss the target.

    Note: If you mis............rget, ...
    .......


    ...The lines after that are all burnt out. It’s your luck that at least some of it was legible and you can try to make some sense out of it.

    What will you do?

    ====================

    Laos River:

    Treecko's Awesomeness: You and Nav start on your new quest after a nice rest in the shade of a Palm tree along the serene Laos River. It is a nice though rather hot sunny day as you walk along the sandy banks of the river with your Treecko alongside you. Despite the overall quietness of the surroundings, you do see occasional spurts of activity along the riverside. A barge sails upstream and a flock of Wingulls follow its trail attempting to catch the fish are tossed along with the water that is churned out of its turbines. You also see a couple of Aipom hopping from one palm tree to another on the other side of the river. Overall this looks like a peaceful place with not much happening.

    Nav seems very excited about the first adventure and seems to be constantly looking around as if in search of something interesting. You keep walking waiting to see something interesting, but you keep being pulled back to the thought of how nice a place this would be to just relax and have a day off. Your thoughts are interrupted as Nav spots something at a distance straight down the same bank and starts running towards it. You follow him along the riverside and see an orange coloured furry dog running towards the two of you in the distance. You quickly recognize it as a Growlithe. Happy about having spotted a Pokemon, you and Nav sprint faster towards it. As you get closer, you see the puppy Pokemon being followed by another trainer like you. You slow down but Nav goes ahead till the two Pokemon are face to face and start glaring at each other. Looks like they want a battle!

    What will you do?

    (You and Thrain have a joint decision to make about whether to battle, continue adventure together without battling or just walk past each other continuing your own adventures. Communicate between yourselves via PM/VMs and reply accordingly in the next update. If you decide to battle, you get to make the first set of orders and hence you have to post first. Also, if you decide to battle, RP the stats of the battle like 1-vs-1, 2-vs-2 or whatever. Avoid switching in the battle and start with Treecko vs Growlithe. Please let me know via PM/VM - preferably on UPN - if you have any problems.)

    ----------------------------

    Thrain: You and Blaze arrive at a fairly active spot on the banks of the Laos River where there are many tourists having a great day off. You see the tourists swimming, playing, battling and enjoying in general in the classic combination of the desert sun and the cool waters of the river. Your thoughts drift towards the potential of this place to offer excellent quality recreation, but soon you snap out of it because that’s not what you are here for.

    Getting back to the primary motive of your visit to this wonderful place, you start heading upstream led by the excited and frenetic sniffing of Blaze as you look out for wild Pokemon. Given that there was so much human activity close to the place where you started, it is only natural that there weren’t many wild Pokemon there. So you head further away from the crowd and find that the river there is quite peaceful and pleasant. On the other side of the bank, you see a Kingler dig out some sand so that it could stay cool under the sand and away from the heat of the sun, but you realize that it is difficult to cross the river at the moment and keep walking. You realize that Blaze’s sniffing has become much less wild and much more concentrated as he seems to have picked up some scent. His ears also twitch, meaning that he must have also heard something. He starts moving ahead faster and you have to increase your pace too and soon you have to start running to catch up with Blaze. After a while he stops sniffing and starts looking ahead and running faster. You also look ahead and see a green reptile like Pokemon running towards you. Soon you realize that it’s a Treecko! Excited at having finally found a Pokemon, you sprint faster but soon realize that it is being followed by another trainer. You slow down, but Blaze keeps going till the two Pokemon are face to face, glaring at each other. Looks like they want a battle!

    What will you do?

    (You and Treecko's Awesomeness have a joint decision to make about whether to battle, continue adventure together without battling or just walk past each other continuing your own adventures. Communicate between yourselves via PM/VMs and reply accordingly in the next update. If you decide to battle, Treecko's Awesomeness gets to make the first set of orders and hence he has to post first. Also, avoid switching in the battle and start with Treecko vs Growlithe. Please let me know via PM/VM - preferably on UPN - if you have any problems.)

    =================

    The Moon Temple:

    OkikuMew: You and Max sit in the evening twilight on the rocky floor just outside the temple feeling extremely relaxed and comfortable. You check the calendar application in the Pokedex and it shows that it is a new moon day which gives you a feeling that something special is bound to happen. You wait patiently for that enjoying the peaceful aura of the Moon Temple as time passes and it starts to get dark.

    As you are lost in the thoughts about having begun your new adventure, you hear some sounds echoing from the inside of the temple. You and Max get up in excitement and rush to check out what that is. Inside the temple, you realise that it is getting noticeably darker and you cannot see much except for a pink sphere. That pink ball starts hopping closer to you and soon you realize that it’s a Jigglypuff! Glad to see that it has audience for its prayers for the new moon day, the Jigglypuff takes in a deep breath and starts Singing.

    You assess the situation in your mind in a split-second and visualise a rapid series of events which will end up in you falling asleep in this Moon temple in the pitch blackness of the moonless night and you have a clear gut feeling that that would not be a situation you would want to get into, especially on a new moon day. You realize that you should stop that song, or else you might never know what would happen. Under normal circumstances, you would have panicked by this point of time, but the mystical aura of this place helps you keep your calm. But you know that you should act fast, or else...

    What will you do?

    ==================

    Port Pearl:

    Kaisap112: Walking along the docks of the busy port of the busier city, you find yourself trying to bond with your newest Pokemon Callias. Finding a peaceful spot, you release your Finneon who happily swims in the water. You see many gigantic cruisers around and cannot help but wonder how it is like to be in one of those. But focusing on your primary purpose of coming here, you start training with your Finneon by asking him to practise Surf. Callias, despite his small size, is able to summon a big wave which he stylishly rides on. Happy with your Finneon’s performance, you clap and ask him to perform it again in a different way.

    While your Finneon has another go at it, you notice another huge cruiser which docks itself not very far from you. This one is even more attractive and you get lost in your thoughts again. Snapping out of those, you get your attention back to the Finneon and see a Wingull soaring over it along the warm air currents. Callias appears to have spotted the seagull Pokemon as well and cowers in his place. The Wingull then stoops, beak open, heading straight for the wing fish Pokemon. Being an expert at catching fish, it won’t have any problem hunting and devouring your little Finneon.

    What will you do?

  9. #334
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by takkupanda View Post

    Port Pearl:

    Kaisap112: Walking along the docks of the busy port of the busier city, you find yourself trying to bond with your newest Pokemon Callias. Finding a peaceful spot, you release your Finneon who happily swims in the water. You see many gigantic cruisers around and cannot help but wonder how it is like to be in one of those. But focusing on your primary purpose of coming here, you start training with your Finneon by asking him to practise Surf. Callias, despite his small size, is able to summon a big wave which he stylishly rides on. Happy with your Finneon’s performance, you clap and ask him to perform it again in a different way.

    While your Finneon has another go at it, you notice another huge cruiser which docks itself not very far from you. This one is even more attractive and you get lost in your thoughts again. Snapping out of those, you get your attention back to the Finneon and see a Wingull soaring over it along the warm air currents. Callias appears to have spotted the seagull Pokemon as well and cowers in his place. The Wingull then stoops, beak open, heading straight for the wing fish Pokemon. Being an expert at catching fish, it won’t have any problem hunting and devouring your little Finneon.

    What will you do?
    As Callias stylishly rode along another wave, Noriko saw yet another cruiser: this one was even bigger and more glorious-looking than the rest. She sighed dreamily again, diving deeper into her buffets and shops. That one surely had a huge selection of everything - maybe even Japanese food! Callias happily rode on and off waves, having the time of his life. Out of nowhere there was a small but very familiar cry in the distance, which snapped Noriko out of her daydreaming. A Wingull! It was flying a bit over the water, approaching them. Callias was far less than pleased about this developement: Wingulls were notorious for eating small fish Pokémon and this one had its sights set on poor Callias! He took the hint and cowered on his spot, scared.

    Noriko decided to act quickly. "Callias, you need to use Surf to knock it down!" She then threw a Pokéball, Skitty coming out with an adorable yawn. "Skitty, Callias needs help! Use Bullet Seed!" Noriko was aware that two on one was not a fair setting for a battle, but she didn't want Callias to get eaten. Besides, she could always call Skitty back if Callias could handle himself..although Callias' level and skills still left a lot to be desired.

  10. #335
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wherever You Are
    Posts
    1,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by takkupanda View Post
    Hi guys! Welcome to the lost lands of Talas! Since this is my first update here at FB, I would like to apologize in advance for any errors that I might have made (especially, calling any Growlithe - Broly). I hope you have a nice few adventures here and enjoy!

    The Southern Pyramid:

    Charminions: After making your way through the hot barren desert with some difficulty, you and Apollo finally find what you were looking for - the Southern Pyramid. This ancient Talasian monument dedicated to the God of Fire may look like a daunting sight to many, but it was an exciting one for you and Apollo. You decide to go inside and pay homage to the God of Fire. As you enter the only open corridor, you see a very old architecture in general, with sculptures of Blaziken in weird poses embossed on the walls. The corridor is lit with candles which are mounted on Litwick statues. How the candles keep burning is a mystery, but the thing that worries you more is that the only corridor leading to the insides ends in a stone wall with only one stone at about face height missing. The opening thus made is about the size of a brick. You try to peep through it, but it is too dark to see inside. You start looking around for clues about how to get in there and find a half burnt piece of parchment on the floor which says:

    * * * Welcome to the Southe...
    * * * * * * * * * The Pyramid of F...

    Those willing to enter the great P...
    must light the torch on the far sid...
    with fire. The torch is exactly stra...
    from the hole in the stone wall. Y...
    one chance to light it. You cann...
    miss the target.

    Note: If you mis............rget, ...
    .......

    ...The lines after that are all burnt out. It’s your luck that at least some of it was legible and you can try to make some sense out of it.

    What will you do?
    The duo look around the Pyramid and eventually find the only opening corridor and enter through it. As they walk inside they notice sculptures of Blaziken. "This is what you will be someday, Apollo... except maybe not in those awkward poses," Charm remarks. Apollo doesn't seem to mind. Evolving means becoming stronger, and that's all he would want. The path is lit with statues of Litwick which have ever lasting flames burning atop of it. How this is possible, Charm wasn't quite sure, but he didn't question it. They eventually run into a dead end. Their path being blocked off by a stone wall with a single hole in it about face-level for a Combusken. Looking through it, Charm finds empty darkness and decides to look around for some clues. He soon finds a burnt piece of parchment nearby and picks it up. Reading it through, Charm puts his intelligence to the test by figuring out what the burnt out parts say.

    "* * * Welcome to the Southe...rn Pyramid
    * * * * * * * * * The Pyramid of F...ire

    Those willing to enter the great P...yramid
    must light the torch on the far sid...e
    with fire. The torch is exactly stra...ight
    from the hole in the stone wall. Y...ou have
    one chance to light it. You cann...ot
    miss the target."

    "Alright, I think I've figured it out. Thank god someone left this by or we would be lost..." he says. Then he starts thinking again. Someone left this by. They might not be alone in the Pyramid. Judging by how it's burnt, it might have been some time ago, but it's better to be cautious. "Apollo, I want you to stay extra alert from now on. We might not be the only ones here." Apollo gives a nod and puts on a serious face. "Aside from that, I need you to look through the hole in the stone wall and give a Flamethrower straight forward. Make sure you fire it directly forward, we only have one chance to get this right."

  11. #336
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Quebec province, Canada
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by takkupanda View Post
    The Moon Temple:

    OkikuMew: You and Max sit in the evening twilight on the rocky floor just outside the temple feeling extremely relaxed and comfortable. You check the calendar application in the Pokedex and it shows that it is a new moon day which gives you a feeling that something special is bound to happen. You wait patiently for that enjoying the peaceful aura of the Moon Temple as time passes and it starts to get dark.

    As you are lost in the thoughts about having begun your new adventure, you hear some sounds echoing from the inside of the temple. You and Max get up in excitement and rush to check out what that is. Inside the temple, you realise that it is getting noticeably darker and you cannot see much except for a pink sphere. That pink ball starts hopping closer to you and soon you realize that it’s a Jigglypuff! Glad to see that it has audience for its prayers for the new moon day, the Jigglypuff takes in a deep breath and starts Singing.

    You assess the situation in your mind in a split-second and visualise a rapid series of events which will end up in you falling asleep in this Moon temple in the pitch blackness of the moonless night and you have a clear gut feeling that that would not be a situation you would want to get into, especially on a new moon day. You realize that you should stop that song, or else you might never know what would happen. Under normal circumstances, you would have panicked by this point of time, but the mystical aura of this place helps you keep your calm. But you know that you should act fast, or else...

    What will you do?
    As time goes by and the night approaches, I'm completely lost in my thoughts, or "ętre dans la lune", like the french expression says. Funny how the literal translation of it is "to be in the moon", with where we are and all. But I quickly snap out of it as the quiet and zen atmosphere breaks with sounds coming deeper within the temple. I look at my Poochyena, puzzled, who mirrors my gaze and expression back at me, twitching his ears. In sync, we nod at each other, both hungry for adventure, and run towards the noise.

    As we go deeper within the shrine, our vision gets lower and lower as light no longer gets in there as much, but hearing Max sniffling loudly pushes me to keep going and my curiosity tingling even more. After a few moments of running, we see something, some round, rubbery ball... which turns out to be an adorable Jigglypuff!

    "Daw-hawww, how cute," I whisper, not being able to resist to its pink skin and round, blue eyes.

    And then it started singing.

    "Oooooh-oh..." I exclaim as I take one step back.

    Many situations goes through my mind very quickly, although detailed. The obvious one, knowing how Jigglypuffs are, we're all gonna fall asleep. Not only that would suck, missing all the fun the temple reserves us, but who knows what could happen to us while we're out like a light? So that was not an option. Max could always attack him to stop it but I think it would be a little harsh on the poor thing, not to mention, its singing could very well do something in this place... And nobody knows about it because they would all fall asleep. I could always try to catch it, but as much as it is tempting, it implies the same problem as the previous idea. ...There's always the choice of trying not to hear its song, though, so we don't get affected by the song but still see what it can do... except we'll have to make it quick, and we'll have to be subtle enough for the puffball to not notice us blocking our own ears, as it'll probably get mad for that... but I have an idea.

    "Pssst, Max, block your ears, but act natural."

    He looks at me funny, but gets my strategy as I quickly lay down on my stomach, place my elbows under my head and my hands between my cheeks, their palms holding up my head under my chin and my fingers blocking my ears. Although I'm looking like I'm listening and appreciating the balloon Pokémon's music, but I'm actually not listening at all. At the best as he could, Max immitate me by lying down, lowering down his ears and desperately moving his shoulders up to try to block them as much as possible. We look at the chanting Jigglypuff, attempting to look like we are enjoying its show... and block our ears as much as possible at the same time.
    Last edited by OkikuMew; 27th June 2012 at 4:12 AM. Reason: Added the option/thought of capturing it (but still not doing it, actions not changed)

  12. #337
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Pune, India
    Posts
    295

    Default takkupanda's Update #2

    Treecko's Awesomeness and Thrain: Sorry about having posted this without waiting for your replies. I will be going to Barcelona for 4 days and I didn't want to keep the others waiting. Take your time with your semi-joint replies, I will try to update you in the next set of updates.


    The Southern Pyramid:

    Charminions: Judging from the instructions written on the piece of parchment, you ask Apollo to fire a Flamethrower straight towards the torch at the end of the corridor. He has to raise himself up to the hole in the wall which he somehow manages to do and fires a thin stream of flames straight ahead which illuminate the remainder of the corridor for a second before the torch gets lit. The two of you watch eagerly through the hole as the torch, which appears to be sculpted as the tip of a Charmander’s tail, starts burning brightly. You feel the earth shake for a moment and the hole starts moving. The stone wall slowly retreats completely inside the walls of the corridor leaving a flight of stairs leading downwards ahead of you.

    Excited about what might be ahead of you, the two of you head down the stairs which end in a small passage to the left which then leads you to a gigantic hall, that would amaze anyone who sees it. Hung from the ceiling, you see two huge sculptures - one of a Ho-oh and the other of a Moltres and it appears like the two are battling each other. It seems this hall used to be a battling arena in the past. You also realize that this place is not dark and is lit by the sunlight being circulated within the pyramid by use of huge prisms and mirrors, some of which you see are hung from the ceiling. Everywhere around you see wall sculptures of Charmander, Charmeleon and Charizard battling against each other and you are left mesmerized. On the far right corner where there is a bit of darkness, you see a burning flame which starts moving towards you. Soon as it enters the light, you see a Charmeleon the eyes of which look directly into yours, as if challenging you. The Charmeleon then looks up and sends a Dragon Rage in the air to signal that it wants to battle you. It then goes to the middle of the far half of the hall as if this was an arena and sends another Dragon Rage in the air. Looks like the stage is set for your battle against the Flame Pokemon.

    Do you accept the challenge?

    ===========================

    The Moon Temple:

    OkikuMew: Trying your best to not hurt the Jigglypuff, physically or otherwise and still trying to avoid falling asleep, you decide to cover up your ears as well as you can and also instruct Max to do so. Positioning yourself in a funny stance so that the Jigglypuff would think you are still listening to it, you cover your ears with both your hands. Max tries to imitate you but that poor thing has sensitive ears and hence has a tough time doing it.

    Praying hard that you don’t fall asleep, you stay in the same position while the Jigglypuff sings, only to realize that the voice of the Jigglypuff is enhanced by the echoes from the walls and ceiling of the temple. You still hear the song though at a much reduced volume, but it still makes you feel drowsy. You take another look at Max and see that he’s out cold already thanks to his oversensitive hearing and no real effective way to block his ears. You keep looking around, puzzled and drowsy, as the pleasant aura makes you feel extremely comfortable and your muscles relax and you fall into a deep deadly slumber.

    Some time later, you find yourself surrounded by Spiritombs and Haunters and find yourself sweating out of fear. You look around and see a silhouette straight ahead in the darkness which is shaped somewhat like a Mismagius, but not exactly like it. When you look at it, your heart doubles its beating rate and you feel more scared than you ever were. It keeps getting closer to you and just when it’s about to reach you, you wake up.

    Your heart rate feels absolutely normal and you feel a blast of pleasant feelings cover your mind. You try to open your eyes and in the unclear vision, you see a glowing pink figure shaped roughly like a triangle which floats from above you and outside the temple and turns to the right, out of sight. You spring up and look around to see no sign of Jigglypuff. You see that Max is also awake and just as confused as you about what’s happening around. You stand up and look outside and find the same silhouette you saw in your dream. You see that it is hovering in the air and has no feet, and instead has an appearance of a ripped cloak in that place. You notice now that it has three long flame-like appendages at the top, the middle one probably its head. You open your Pokedex but it keeps beeping without giving any info. You see it shooting black orbs to the right and pink orbs hitting it from the right. You try to go ahead to get a closer look, but are stopped by a thud in your stomach.

    Soon you find yourself lying on the floor again being pinned down by a black feline creature which has glowing yellow rings on its body. You quickly recognize it as an Umbreon. You see another person running into the temple from the same direction as Umbreon. “Quick, come with me! It’s not safe here right now!” he goes ahead and lifts a tile on the floor of the temple from which you see light illuminating his face. He looks like a man in his late 30s and he looks quite serious about his warning. He climbs down the ladder, the entrance to which he just opened up and the Umbreon swiftly follows, leaving you and Max puzzled.

    Will you follow him?

    =====================

    Port Pearl:

    kaisap112: Thinking that it would not be nice to have your new friend eaten, you quickly decide to teach the Wingull a lesson so that it doesn’t mess with you again. Callias dives under the water and rises again along with a large wave of water and rides along with it in the direction of the diving Wingull. The timing is perfect and the wave overwhelms the Wingull who tries to retreat, but it’s too late and it’s coming too fast and the wave soaks the seagull Pokemon completely. The Wingull barely manages to regain flight and before it can even think of attacking the Finneon, it is hit from the side by a surprise barrage of glowing yellow seeds which emanate from Skitty’s mouth and all of them hit the Wingull, most of them hitting on its wing, injuring it seriously. Barely able to fly, the Wingull drifts off along the sea out of sight. You heave a sigh of relief.

    “Wonderful!”, you hear a hoarse voice from behind, “Wonderful! You and your Pokemon sure make a great team!” You turn around and see a short, fat man in his late 40s who is wearing an exquisite tuxedo, which actually doesn’t suit him very well. He appears to be rich, but prodigal and kinda reminds you of the famous Unovan Gym Leader Clay, except that he is bald.

    “You seem like you’re a trainer! Then you might be interested in participating in the Poke Cruise mini tourney that we have on this ship right here!” He points to the nearest cruiser which had had you dreaming just a while ago. “Well, I happen to own this little baby. I had just dropped by to grab a bite. Once a month, when the ship is docked here, we open it for Pokemon trainers to battle and compete for the top spot! The registration will be closing in a few minutes, so why don’t you come with me and get registered for the tourney?”

    Will you go and register for the tourney?
    PASBL
    TL2, 10W-3L-0T, 27 KO, 64 TP, 31.25 SP, B- Grade Ref

    Fizzy Bubbles


    Cable Club Trading List

  13. #338
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by takkupanda View Post
    Port Pearl:

    kaisap112: Thinking that it would not be nice to have your new friend eaten, you quickly decide to teach the Wingull a lesson so that it doesn’t mess with you again. Callias dives under the water and rises again along with a large wave of water and rides along with it in the direction of the diving Wingull. The timing is perfect and the wave overwhelms the Wingull who tries to retreat, but it’s too late and it’s coming too fast and the wave soaks the seagull Pokemon completely. The Wingull barely manages to regain flight and before it can even think of attacking the Finneon, it is hit from the side by a surprise barrage of glowing yellow seeds which emanate from Skitty’s mouth and all of them hit the Wingull, most of them hitting on its wing, injuring it seriously. Barely able to fly, the Wingull drifts off along the sea out of sight. You heave a sigh of relief.

    “Wonderful!”, you hear a hoarse voice from behind, “Wonderful! You and your Pokemon sure make a great team!” You turn around and see a short, fat man in his late 40s who is wearing an exquisite tuxedo, which actually doesn’t suit him very well. He appears to be rich, but prodigal and kinda reminds you of the famous Unovan Gym Leader Clay, except that he is bald.

    “You seem like you’re a trainer! Then you might be interested in participating in the Poke Cruise mini tourney that we have on this ship right here!” He points to the nearest cruiser which had had you dreaming just a while ago. “Well, I happen to own this little baby. I had just dropped by to grab a bite. Once a month, when the ship is docked here, we open it for Pokemon trainers to battle and compete for the top spot! The registration will be closing in a few minutes, so why don’t you come with me and get registered for the tourney?”

    Will you go and register for the tourney?
    OOC: Skitty’s nickname has been changed to Kitty, hopefully this won’t be a problem!

    Callias was quick to react to Noriko’s command, diving underwater and then coming back up with a big wave. Wingull had to time to react and while trying to escape from the wave was caught right under it. Soaked to the bone Wingull got out of the water, wavering a bit above the surface. It didn’t have time to even think about attacking Callias as some green, glowing Bullet Seeds made their way right to Wingull. Kitty’s aim was great, the attack hitting Wingull’s wing, driving Wingull to fly away into the distance with its injuries. It wouldn't be back soon, that was for sure! “That was amazing, you two! I’m so proud of you!” Noriko jumped up and down. This had gone better than she could’ve hoped for! Callias was jumping up and down as well, as happy as his trainer, while Kitty rubbed against Noriko with a purr.

    Noriko snapped out of her excitement as she heard someone speaking to her. “Wonderful! Wonderful! You and your Pokemon sure make a great team!” Noriko turned around to see an old man in a tuxedo. He was most likely in his 40s and looked similar to Clay, a Gym Leader in the Unova Region, except that he was bald. She was also a bit sad to admit that for once Clay’s fashion sense had beaten someone else’s as this man’s tuxedo didn’t exactly fit the man right. “Thank you for your kind words. I’m really proud of my Pokémon and their teamwork.” Noriko smiled charmingly.

    “You seem like you’re a trainer! Then you might be interested in participating in the Poké Cruise mini tourney that we have on this ship right here!” He pointed at the exact same cruiser that had sent Noriko into her own private Dream World. “Well, I happen to own this little baby. I had just dropped by to grab a bite. Once a month, when the ship is docked here, we open it for Pokémon trainers to battle and compete for the top spot! The registration will be closing in a few minutes, so why don’t you come with me and get registered for the tourney?”

    Noriko looked at Kitty, her partner. The Skitty was busy chasing her tail, although she probably wouldn’t have understood the concept of a cruise or a tournament. Callias was happily swimming in the blue waters, still excited about his recent victory. Noriko arrived at the conclusion that a tournament would give the two some much-needed battle experience. “If that’s the case, sir, we’d love to participate in the tournament! Could you please help us register?” She then recalled a tiny little thing. “By the way, what is your name, sir? My apologies for forgetting to introduce myself: I’m Noriko, and these are my friends Kitty and Callias.” She nodded gently at the Skitty and then at the Finneon respectively.

  14. #339
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Quebec province, Canada
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by takkupanda View Post
    The Moon Temple:

    OkikuMew: Trying your best to not hurt the Jigglypuff, physically or otherwise and still trying to avoid falling asleep, you decide to cover up your ears as well as you can and also instruct Max to do so. Positioning yourself in a funny stance so that the Jigglypuff would think you are still listening to it, you cover your ears with both your hands. Max tries to imitate you but that poor thing has sensitive ears and hence has a tough time doing it.

    Praying hard that you don’t fall asleep, you stay in the same position while the Jigglypuff sings, only to realize that the voice of the Jigglypuff is enhanced by the echoes from the walls and ceiling of the temple. You still hear the song though at a much reduced volume, but it still makes you feel drowsy. You take another look at Max and see that he’s out cold already thanks to his oversensitive hearing and no real effective way to block his ears. You keep looking around, puzzled and drowsy, as the pleasant aura makes you feel extremely comfortable and your muscles relax and you fall into a deep deadly slumber.

    Some time later, you find yourself surrounded by Spiritombs and Haunters and find yourself sweating out of fear. You look around and see a silhouette straight ahead in the darkness which is shaped somewhat like a Mismagius, but not exactly like it. When you look at it, your heart doubles its beating rate and you feel more scared than you ever were. It keeps getting closer to you and just when it’s about to reach you, you wake up.

    Your heart rate feels absolutely normal and you feel a blast of pleasant feelings cover your mind. You try to open your eyes and in the unclear vision, you see a glowing pink figure shaped roughly like a triangle which floats from above you and outside the temple and turns to the right, out of sight. You spring up and look around to see no sign of Jigglypuff. You see that Max is also awake and just as confused as you about what’s happening around. You stand up and look outside and find the same silhouette you saw in your dream. You see that it is hovering in the air and has no feet, and instead has an appearance of a ripped cloak in that place. You notice now that it has three long flame-like appendages at the top, the middle one probably its head. You open your Pokedex but it keeps beeping without giving any info. You see it shooting black orbs to the right and pink orbs hitting it from the right. You try to go ahead to get a closer look, but are stopped by a thud in your stomach.

    Soon you find yourself lying on the floor again being pinned down by a black feline creature which has glowing yellow rings on its body. You quickly recognize it as an Umbreon. You see another person running into the temple from the same direction as Umbreon. “Quick, come with me! It’s not safe here right now!” he goes ahead and lifts a tile on the floor of the temple from which you see light illuminating his face. He looks like a man in his late 30s and he looks quite serious about his warning. He climbs down the ladder, the entrance to which he just opened up and the Umbreon swiftly follows, leaving you and Max puzzled.

    Will you follow him?
    ...I'm just flabbergasted by all I have seen. It went from cute to bone-chilling to weird and mysterious in such a short lap of time. Or at least in my mind, and probably in Max's too, if I understand his confused look on his face correctly... One thing for sure: We were looking for adventure, and we sure found it.

    As much as I don't trust this out-of-nowhere guy with his Umbreon, it seems I don't have much of a choice other than following him, like he asked me to. Not to mention, he seems dead sincere about what he said. ..Hmmm, perhaps he knows what in the world is going on here, at least more than I do?

    "Alright buddy, let's do like a tree and leave."

    I quickly grab Max in my arms and take the latter that's in the hole, which the man opened earlier.

    "...So," I ask to the guy while moving down the opening, "can you give me a briefing on what the fudge are we running away from? What's goin' on?"


    Like Takku's other updatees, because of takkupanda taking a break for an undetermined time, this adventure is also cancelled.
    Edit: Treepandaone will continue this adventure at a later date, so it is no longer cancelled but instead on "standby".
    Last edited by OkikuMew; 26th September 2012 at 1:52 AM.

  15. #340
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wherever You Are
    Posts
    1,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by takkupanda View Post

    The Southern Pyramid:

    Charminions: Judging from the instructions written on the piece of parchment, you ask Apollo to fire a Flamethrower straight towards the torch at the end of the corridor. He has to raise himself up to the hole in the wall which he somehow manages to do and fires a thin stream of flames straight ahead which illuminate the remainder of the corridor for a second before the torch gets lit. The two of you watch eagerly through the hole as the torch, which appears to be sculpted as the tip of a Charmander’s tail, starts burning brightly. You feel the earth shake for a moment and the hole starts moving. The stone wall slowly retreats completely inside the walls of the corridor leaving a flight of stairs leading downwards ahead of you.

    Excited about what might be ahead of you, the two of you head down the stairs which end in a small passage to the left which then leads you to a gigantic hall, that would amaze anyone who sees it. Hung from the ceiling, you see two huge sculptures - one of a Ho-oh and the other of a Moltres and it appears like the two are battling each other. It seems this hall used to be a battling arena in the past. You also realize that this place is not dark and is lit by the sunlight being circulated within the pyramid by use of huge prisms and mirrors, some of which you see are hung from the ceiling. Everywhere around you see wall sculptures of Charmander, Charmeleon and Charizard battling against each other and you are left mesmerized. On the far right corner where there is a bit of darkness, you see a burning flame which starts moving towards you. Soon as it enters the light, you see a Charmeleon the eyes of which look directly into yours, as if challenging you. The Charmeleon then looks up and sends a Dragon Rage in the air to signal that it wants to battle you. It then goes to the middle of the far half of the hall as if this was an arena and sends another Dragon Rage in the air. Looks like the stage is set for your battle against the Flame Pokemon.

    Do you accept the challenge?
    Apollo faces into the hole and lets loose a Flamethrower, the thin stream travels to the other side of the area before lighting what looks like a Charmander statue's tail. Upon lighting it, the ground starts to shake as the wall recedes into the ground, showing them a flight of stairs leading to the underground. Charm gives a smirk, "Just as expected." Apollo merely shakes his head at his partner, probably thinking, "Solving a simple puzzle doesn't make you cool."

    Afterwards they continue to move down the stairs, making a left at a passage which eventually leads them to a huge hall. Charm's eyes are suddenly lit with excitement as he looks around. He notices 2 huge sculptures above them that looks like a Moltres trying to fight the mighty Ho-oh. He also notices that this hall looks like it has once been a battling ground and the light is being transmitted here from the sunlight's reflection off the prisms and mirrors on the ceiling. All around them were sculptures of the Charmander line, fighting it out and leaving Charm utterly awed at the amazement of such a place. He couldn't hold his excitement, even letting out a school girl's giggle which makes Apollo gag. Charm then suddenly notices the presence of something other than the two of them. A burning light is emitted from a dark corner of the room, slowly moving towards the duo. The moving flame appears to be from an angry looking Charmeleon, staring right at Charm, as if challenging him. That did it for Charm, a real-life Charmeleon. Nothing could make him any more excited than now. The Charmeleon gives a Dragon Rage in the air, showing off apparently. It worked because Charm was still in awe. The Charmeleon then moves to the opposite half of the hall before giving off another Dragon Rage, ready to battle the visiting foes.

    Charm has to contain his excitement to understand the situation. "So it's a battle you want?" he looks at the Charmeleon. "Okay. Are you up for it Apollo?" he then asks his Combusken. "Combusken!" he shouts. "Alright, it's a shame we're going to hurt such a magnificent Pokemon, but here goes. Start strong with a Flamethrower! Then follow with a Night Slash and finish with a Crush Claw!"


    With Takku taking a break/quitting, this adventure is now cancelled.
    Last edited by Charminions; 20th August 2012 at 6:28 PM.

  16. #341
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ecruteak City
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by takkupanda View Post
    Laos River:

    Thrain: You and Blaze arrive at a fairly active spot on the banks of the Laos River where there are many tourists having a great day off. You see the tourists swimming, playing, battling and enjoying in general in the classic combination of the desert sun and the cool waters of the river. Your thoughts drift towards the potential of this place to offer excellent quality recreation, but soon you snap out of it because that’s not what you are here for.

    Getting back to the primary motive of your visit to this wonderful place, you start heading upstream led by the excited and frenetic sniffing of Blaze as you look out for wild Pokemon. Given that there was so much human activity close to the place where you started, it is only natural that there weren’t many wild Pokemon there. So you head further away from the crowd and find that the river there is quite peaceful and pleasant. On the other side of the bank, you see a Kingler dig out some sand so that it could stay cool under the sand and away from the heat of the sun, but you realize that it is difficult to cross the river at the moment and keep walking. You realize that Blaze’s sniffing has become much less wild and much more concentrated as he seems to have picked up some scent. His ears also twitch, meaning that he must have also heard something. He starts moving ahead faster and you have to increase your pace too and soon you have to start running to catch up with Blaze. After a while he stops sniffing and starts looking ahead and running faster. You also look ahead and see a green reptile like Pokemon running towards you. Soon you realize that it’s a Treecko! Excited at having finally found a Pokemon, you sprint faster but soon realize that it is being followed by another trainer. You slow down, but Blaze keeps going till the two Pokemon are face to face, glaring at each other. Looks like they want a battle!

    What will you do?

    (You and Treecko's Awesomeness have a joint decision to make about whether to battle, continue adventure together without battling or just walk past each other continuing your own adventures. Communicate between yourselves via PM/VMs and reply accordingly in the next update. If you decide to battle, Treecko's Awesomeness gets to make the first set of orders and hence he has to post first. Also, avoid switching in the battle and start with Treecko vs Growlithe. Please let me know via PM/VM - preferably on UPN - if you have any problems.)

    OOC: TA still hasn't responded, so I thought I might go ahead and continue my adventure.

    Continuing the trek along the river's edge, Eric tried his best to keep up with his partner Blaze's brisk pace, but to no avail. The fiery pup was intent on sniffing out any unusual oddities in the surrounding area, the majority of his search trained on finding other Pokémon. Sighing with annoyance, Eric slowed as they rounded a bend in the river, finally giving up his fast gait for a more leisurely stroll. I'll catch up to him eventually, Eric thought. Relaxing a bit, he breathed in the tangy, semi-moist air emanating off the water, letting it ease his muscles. Seagulls flew up above, pinpricks in the ocean that was the sky; as the sun advanced higher and higher in the clouds, Eric couldn't help but feel a little sleepy.

    A sound up ahead broke Eric's chain of thought, slapping him back into reality. It sounded gruff and brusque, exactly like Blaze's bark. Breaking into a run, Eric found Blaze underneath a palm tree. He was barking menacingly at... the river? No, upon closer inspection, Eric found that he was actually looking at a Pokémon across the river, one that looked like a gigantic crab. Pulling out his Pokédex, he quickly scanned the creature:


    Quote Originally Posted by Pokédex
    Kingler, the Pincer Pokémon and the evolved form of Krabby. Its large pincer has 10,000- horsepower strength. However, it is so heavy, it is difficult to aim.

    "Hmm, that's too bad, Blaze. It's on the other side of the river and the current is moving along pretty quick right now. Come on. Let's keep looking," Eric said down to Blaze. Looking disappointed and frustrated, the Growlithe turned away from the water's edge and resumed hiking up the river, sniffing like crazy all over again. Groaning, Eric rushed after him, doing his very best to keep up.

    ~~~

    A little while later, after another few miles of hiking accomplished, Eric looked up to find that Blaze had finally stopped his sniffing. "What's the matter, Blaze?" Eric asked, looking down at his partner. The pup had gone rigid staring farther up the bank... And that's when Eric saw it. A green, reptile-like creature was running along the river's edge trailed by another trainer. Dang it! Eric thought. We can't catch the Pokémon then if it already belongs to another trainer!

    At that very instant, Blaze rushed forward to meet up with the group as Eric trailed farther behind. Whenever he finally caught up, Eric found Blaze glaring straight into the eyes of the reptile they had seen. Pulling out his Pokédex yet again, Eric scanned the Pokémon:


    Quote Originally Posted by Pokédex
    Treecko, the Wood Gecko Pokémon. The soles of its feet are covered by countless tiny spikes, enabling it to walk on walls and ceilings.

    Realizing that Blaze wanted to battle the Treecko, Eric looked up into the impassive face of the other trainer and decided against it. It'd be too much of a distraction right now. We came here to catch some Pokémon, not to get caught up in a fight. "Not now, Blaze," Eric called to his partner. Let's keep on looking for some more Pokémon, alright?" Turning away from the silent duo, Eric continued walking up the river...

  17. #342
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Yamaku Academy
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    The Lost Cities of Talas
    The Archaeology Zone

    The Isle of Talas

    A desert island so large it's been classified a continent, Talas would be a barren wasteland if not for the Laos River snaking its winding trail from the far north-west corner of the island and throughout the land before rejoining the sea in the south-east province. A mixture of desolate wasteland and tropical jungle, the conditions are so harsh that very few dare to live here. Several nomadic tribes traverse the land, preferring to steer clear of populated areas, though many small villages can be found not too far from the river's edge. Most inhabitants of these villages are quite friendly, but there are the odd settlements whose residents are not at all welcoming, particularly of foreigners. The lost cities aren't the only places of interest in Talas, however, and it's these more isolated locations that have perked the interest of many a curious trainer. Guided tours are offered for those who wish to travel in groups, but the more adventurous trainers prefer to make their own way around.

    Areas:

    Sovereign Valley: A vast network of catacombs where only the most revered of ancient kings and queens were buried. Riches beyond your wildest dreams are rumoured to have been buried with them, and judging from what has been found so far this very well may be the case. All objects discovered have been taken to the Atlas Museum, but if you're lucky you may just stumble upon an undiscovered chamber that hasn't yet been emptied by an excavation crew or ransacked by looters.
    "This is it! The Sovereign Valley!" Shiro shouted exitedly. He and Cherry had just arrived at their destination, and were now standing in front of an entrance to one of the catacombs.
    "I wonder what kind of treasures there still are that await their finder?" Shiro fantasiced aloud, and you could almost see the imaginary crown he imagined sitting on his head.
    "All hail King Shiro! Or pharaoh, that would sound nice! What do you think, Cherry?" Shiro asked curiously, while spinning round.
    Cherry didn't like all this spinning around, and managed to jump off the latte brown child carrier that he was previously sitting in. She landed safely on the sand, but suddenly ran inside the entrance of the catacomb.

    "Well, what do you think, Cherry?" Shiro asked once again as he stopped spinning.
    "Ch-Cherry? Where are you? Cheeerryy!" Shiro shouted in panick, as the little Sunkern wasn't anymore in the child carrier placed in front of him.
    He looked around for a while, but eventually he came to one conclusion; Cherry could only have hopped inside the nearby catacomb entrance.
    "B-but it's so dark in there... I have to find some source of portable light, and fast!" Shiro decided, and started hurriedly looking around, starting from his backpack...

  18. #343
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    944

    Default

    Could these be... updates?
    INDEED THEY ARE!
    Sorry for lateness - college can be a pain sometimes.
    But alas, here they are.
    Don't forget, size 1, dark orange, PROFILE LINK (in zones, you can post your signature (; ), and bold or CAPS LOCK your attacks - something I can easily notice.
    Hope you enjoy.

    ------------------------------

    pengyzu
    Stepping up to the bully, both look at you dumbfounded, before Rod lets out a joyful laugh. “You’ve got guts, kid, I’ll give you that.” He remarks. “But this has nothing to do with you, so with all due respect, get lost.” Turning back to Tod, he continued his taunt. “So, you were about to give me your pokemon?”

    The Corphish’s claw began glowing with greater intensity, the Crabhammer ready to be delivered. Your Ralts decides to act before he reacts however - his fist sparkling for a second, he freely rushes towards the crab pokemon, hitting him spot on before he could hurt the small trainer and his Lotad, both surprised at your attack.

    “HEY!” Rod yelled, his glare now focused on you both. “If you want this much to battle, so be it. If you guys win, we’ll leave you all alone. If not, that Lotad there, and maybe your Ralts too, are mine. Corphish, get up!” As you run up to the little boy’s side and provide him some reassuring words, the battle officially begins, the crab pokemon Leering angrily at your pokemon, who freezes in his place. Had he done wrong provoking this Corphish, he begins to wonder, only to snap out of it with a rapid jet of Bubblebeam that makes him meet the ground. Rejoicing at his own attack, the Corphish’s happiness is brought to an end as he is hit again by a mighty Thunderpunch, Kara repeating his attack for a good hit.
    “You’re better than Tod” Rod snarled. “Corphish, Harden your body, then follow some Bubbles to distract him and hit him hard with a furious Fury Cutter. Let’s finish this quickly.” The crab acknowledges the commands, as he begins to increase his defenses, hardening his shell.

    What will you do?

    ------------------------------

    uhhhhh
    You made a good call returning your Aipom to your pokeball, after all who knew if that angry mob wouldn’t consider you and your monkey part of the stealing trio? Calling out to Foster, the prankster Shuppet, you order him to Knock Off the jewelry off the aipom’s hand, while you shout out to the crowd, warning them of what really was happening. The juggling duo stops their act; one glared at you furiously, while the other one was concernedly looking at the other stand. Your Shuppet was quick to act, rushing towards the thief and Knocking Off whatever he was grabbing at the moment. The third Aipom looks perplexed, he had been found out! All of them looking at each other, they give a small nod before beginning to run away, startled at having been found and having nothing to keep their metaphorical pockets full.

    Satisfied at what you had prevented, you’re soon startled as one of the Aipom rushed towards you, circling around you chaotically before returning to the tops of the tens. Before returning to his getaway however, he looks back and glares at you once more – he most certainly did not enjoy you ruining their little scheme over there. What troubled you most, however, was what he had revealed to possess in his tail – a simple sphere, top red, and bottom white. A pokeball. Instinctively, you quickly run through your every possession, and freeze at what had happened – that was Gaspard’s pokeball. Once he notices you had figured it out, he continues his run, turning a quick right to a nearby alley, trying to get away from the Market.

    What will you do?

    ------------------------------

    takkupanda
    Deciding to be the little girl’s knight in shining army, you quickly shout “Leave her alone! She meant no harm!”, putting yourself and Broly between the fallen girl and the angry stagbeetle. The Pinsir was not intimidated at all by your little fire pup, who begins to follow your commands with a mighty Roar, echoing throughout the garden. Even so, the bug was not startled – in fact, it appeared pumped to see a strong-looking opponent, menacingly moving its pincers.

    “Are you okay, Miss? Everything will be fine now...” you tell the little girl, who gently patted her damaged pooch. “What happened out there? Why is it attacking you?”

    Before she could answer, you notice Broly quickly opening his mouth, firing a quick array of small Embers, which upon contact make the Pinsir cry out in pain, that surely was a super effective move. The Pinsir was quick to retaliate however, serving its Revenge by punching the pup’s face, violently hitting the ground for some good damage. Broly tries to move away from the Pinsir so he could attack again, and gets away from the stag’s range, firing another quick round of Embers, again damaging the bug pokemon, that ought to have hurt!

    “Your pokemon is quite strong!” the girl says, looking at you now. “My name’s Linda, and this is Pooch. We’ve been exploring this region for a while, so when we found ourselves a tad hungry, we picked a few berries from a nearby tree. Then, from out of nowhere, that… beast came out of nowhere, and started attacking us. We tried to get away, and we even returned the berries we took – we assumed it was guarding that tree, or something like that. But…it was just too strong for us… And now…Pooch…”
    Her watery eyes quickly focused on the stagbeetle again - unfortunately, it appeared that it was not only Broly who had a super-effective-type move. The Pinsir starts to gather his energy on its hand, a slightly brown hue glow engulfing it, before it was thrown towards the Growlithe. Slow to react, he cries out in agony, as he was Smacked Down by the Pinsir’s rock type attack, who grinned in amusement. It surely had a few tricks up its sleeve, and it wasn’t going to let you go anywhere soon.

    What will you do?

    ------------------------------

    Trainer Andy (note: she didn’t introduce herself because I forgot to do it xD my mistake)
    “Excellent!” Phil quickly exclaimed, vigorously shaking your hand. “Ok, let’s go now, no time to waste – we surely don’t want to stay over there when the sun sets.” Turning to his wife, he continued, a big smile on his face. “Alice, off we go then!” She returned his goofy smile, and picked two pokeballs from her belt, before throwing them towards the lake, calling out “Dora, Nora, come out!”

    The lights quickly materialized into two majestic Lapras, while another flash appeared from out of nowhere, having being called out by Phil. “Mestre, it’s your turn now!” he said, as the light materialized into a fighting Medicham, who greeted you all with a small, gentle bow. Both Phil and Mestre quickly hopped into one of the Lapras’ shell, as Alice quickly invited you to go with her on her other Lapras. “Don’t worry about getting ‘lakesick’ – it will be quick and smooth!” she calms you, helping you get up into Nora’s shell.

    “Towards Rapa, NOW!” Phil eagerly exclaimed, and Alice was right – those Lapras sure were fast. The gentle breeze you had once felt was gone, and if you were wearing a cap, you would have lost it in the first second for sure. “I spot trouble already” Alice says, although her voice didn’t quite show the concern her words apparently did. Both Lapras stop synchronously, as two mighty creatures emerge in front of them, creating a huge splash. Indeed, that couple of Gyarados were certainly not good friends of them, as they both roared violently at you.

    “Oh, already?” Phil said, before turning to his pokemon. “Mestre, take care of the left one. I’ll leave the other one to you Andy!”

    You certainly had a problem in front of you, both beasts roaring violently at the intruders. What will you do?

    ------------------------------

    gmoyes
    You are quick to act, both your Magnemite and Bronzor ready to take action against the rampaging Rampardos. The magnet pokemon is the first to attack, emitting a sharp noise that would distract any and everyone – except the Rampardos, who continues to dash forward as if nothing had been heard, quickly closing the distance. Next in line was your Bronzor, its eyes glowing blue, trying to make the furious dino fall asleep. Alas, it did nothing as well, and while everyone had already hid themselves in defense, you continue to be in the way of the fully awaken beast. You courageously stand your ground (or were you paralyzed in fear?), and your pokemon use their last resort move, firing a Thundershock and a Confusion at the Rampardos, who stood a mere few feet from you. Would it work, or would it be the last thing you would see in your life – a rampaging supposed-to-be-extinct pokemon? Well, that wasn’t such a bad last-thing-to-see-alive, was it?...

    For your and everyone’s surprise, as your attacks meet the pre-historical pokemon, it disappears into thin air, just as it had appeared. As soon as it disappeared, Dr. Foster rushed into the hall, looking rather disturbed for some seconds before eventually breathing out in relief. “Oh thank goodness, no one is hurt!” she says, looking at everyone. “I’m so sorry for the spook; one of our scientists lost control of one of the computers for some seconds, and created a hologram of a Rampardos, which unfortunately was created here. I hope everyone is okay, and in behalf of our Research Lab, I apologize.”

    “Now, thanks to that crazy Bob, we lost our element of surprise. As you can see, we can create holograms of fossil pokemon, thanks to the magical and wonderful advances in technology. Plus, what you saw here wasn’t even 10% of our possibilities. If the computer created a “real” hologram, you would be in a real life battle right now, Mr…?”

    You quickly answer “Alex”. Smiling at you, she continues “Mr. Alex. It was nice of you to use your pokemon to defend yourself and the others, and I salute you and appreciate what you’ve done.”

    Returning to the crowd, she continues “I don’t know if there are many pokemon trainers in here, but-”; she was interrupted when maybe more than half the crowd raised their hands, showing they were indeed trainers. Dr Foster seemed to be extremely happy, as she tried to stop her giggles. “Excellent. Then I think you will be happy to know that we are hosting a special Tournament here. The prizes will be very good to your tastes, I’m sure. And, to give it a special touch, in farther rounds, we will allow you to use some of our fossil pokemon!”

    Her last words seemed surprise everyone in there, as they quickly started blabbering about it. “If you want to participate, there is an inscription sheet over there, near the Hall Entrance, and all you have to do is put your name there. For those who don’t, there are many activities left on the Research Lab, so please feel free to join me as we continue our tour”.

    As she finishes, you see many trainers rushing their way into the entrance, signing their names. What will you do?

    ------------------------------

    Flame Mistress
    Despair was beginning to run through your veins, as many ideas flashed before your eyes, trying to counter the solar pokemon’s attacks. None seemed to be quite ideal to deal with such an enemy, and you decide there was only one option left – running away. As for its ‘safety’ - you would find out soon enough.

    “Fire Spin”

    Those last two words echoed through the temple, shortly followed by a rampaging wall of fire summoned in front of you as you ran down the stairs. The wall quickly enclosed the temple, the fierce vortex of fire ensuring no one would enter the area – nor leave it.

    “You, who appeared so fierce a while ago…” the masked man said, with a tad of disappointment in his voice. “You are a coward after all. And I do not care for such low-lives. To use them as tributes to our God would be simply shameful.”

    The Solrock’s eyes continued glowing red, but now it was not a simple flame that stood in front of it – a bright white orb was charged in front of him, sparkling often with tremendous power. The Hyper Beam was known to be a devastating attack – and this one appeared to be even more deadly than its non-godly-blessed counterpart. The fire vortex continued to engulf the area, your shadows flickering in the ground as the flames moved at great speed. There was no way out.

    “Kill them.”

    What will you do?

    ------------------------------

    King Ghidorah
    Giving further commands to your pokemon, he nods, acknowledging understanding of your orders. Beginning with the classic decoy tactic, he would surely show that Buizel what he was made of. ‘Dashing’ forwards, he falsely tries to aim at the otter’s throat, but having seen that attack before, he simply steps to the side with his stunning speed, before trying to Quick Attack his opponent. However, what he didn’t expect was Krabby’s enhanced defenses, as he Hardened his shell, decreasing the damage done. It didn’t quite work as you expected, but Krabby’s increased defenses would certainly come in handy.

    The crab continues to amaze, as he quickly Slammed his claw upon the otter’s face, slamming it against the water – had it been the ground, certainly the damage would be much worse. The otter reacts instinctively, backing away from the Krabby before he could attack again, that had hurt! The crab had continued following your commands, and began showing his Agility, slightly increasing his speed. Increased speed and defenses, now let’s see what the otter can do!

    And quickly he shows his prowess. He runs at the crab with incredible speed – wait, he actually appeared faster than before! Krabby wasn’t the only one who knew how to improve his Agility, as the otter rapidly reached the crab, hitting him twice with his tail for some damage. Thanks to the previous Harden, the Double Hit wasn’t so bad to take, but the Buizel continued his assault, firing a barrage of dashing sparkling stars at the Krabby, Swiftly doing some damage.

    What will you do?

    ------------------------------

    CyberBlastoise
    This was certainly an interesting battle, and you call out orders to your Blastoise, hoping there would be no problem with it. If he was capable of performing them, however, that was another issue. Being the bigger man in this fight, he’s first to react, trying to focus his little psychic energies on his forehead – but to no avail. He simply could not perform the move – almost as if he did not know it?

    Using your own and your pokemon’s temporary flabbergast to its own use, the small Petilil is quick to act, Rapidly Spinning towards the big turtle, hitting him at great speed. For such a small pokemon, it had actually hurt a bit! Time to return the favor, as Silver tries to mimic the Petilil, beginning to swirl before entering his shell, he would show him what a Rapid Spin was… had he been able to perform it, as he spinning shell fell to the ground, making a big thud. You look in shock at your pokemon - what just happened?

    The Petilil continued its assault, summoning a small orb of energy in front of it, kind of grayish in hue. Fully charging it, the grass pokemon fired what seemed like a Flash Cannon, hitting the tortoise pokemon just as he was ‘leaving’ his shell, exploding upon contact. Thanks to type resistance, the damage was somewhat reduced, but that was a heavy attack to take!

    It was PayDay, I mean, payback time – but alas, nothing came out of his attempts to perform such attack – all those three orders you gave, it’s almost as if he had never learned them, as if they did not belong to his natural movepool. The same should be said about the Petilil, obviously, as it finished its assault showing off his Swagger, mocking the Blastoise’s failed attempts to attack him. Silver was simply furious right now, how dared it mock him? He felt an increase in attack power, but with great power, comes great respons- I mean confusion.
    What will you do?

    ------------------------------

    JustAnotherUser
    As soon as the man gave out orders to Afiar, you quickly followed suit, hoping for your plan to succeed. While the Excadrill was Honing its Claws, the Joltik moved forward with stunning speed, thanks to his increased Agility. Reaching the drill pokemon, he hoped to Tickle him, distracting him while Terrance charged his Energy Ball. But the plan failed miserably. With his newfound increased power – and accuracy – Afiar Slashes him, the Joltik hitting the floor with tremendous violence. You quickly call out his name, but obtained no response, as he stood there motionless, having been knocked out by Afiar.

    “One down, one more to go.” The man grinned, as the Excadrill continued his orders, dashing forward before spinning rapidly, ready to perform its next attack. Terrance stood his ground, firing away a powerful Energy Ball at his opponent – how dared he do that to Zapz, he would avenge him! But it was to no avail, as he Drills through the orb, dissipating its small explosion as if he had hit nothing, and Running against the Turtwig. The attack was so fast that you didn’t even see Terrance get sent flying by your side, being smashed at the wall that stood behind you. You turn around, and as the dust settled from such a powerful attack, you see the impact made by your pokemon against the wall, slowly crumbling from its center where the force had been certainly greater. On the floor now also stood your trusty Terrance, painfully trying to get up, before the Excadrill stomped him with his foot, taking away the last breath of air he had left in him, now knocked out.

    “A valiant effort.” the man said. “But I’m afraid this is the end. Afiar, you know what to do.”

    What will you do?

  19. #344
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Team Rocket HQ
    Posts
    884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John's Knight View Post

    CyberBlastoise
    This was certainly an interesting battle, and you call out orders to your Blastoise, hoping there would be no problem with it. If he was capable of performing them, however, that was another issue. Being the bigger man in this fight, he’s first to react, trying to focus his little psychic energies on his forehead – but to no avail. He simply could not perform the move – almost as if he did not know it?

    Using your own and your pokemon’s temporary flabbergast to its own use, the small Petilil is quick to act, Rapidly Spinning towards the big turtle, hitting him at great speed. For such a small pokemon, it had actually hurt a bit! Time to return the favor, as Silver tries to mimic the Petilil, beginning to swirl before entering his shell, he would show him what a Rapid Spin was… had he been able to perform it, as he spinning shell fell to the ground, making a big thud. You look in shock at your pokemon - what just happened?

    The Petilil continued its assault, summoning a small orb of energy in front of it, kind of grayish in hue. Fully charging it, the grass pokemon fired what seemed like a Flash Cannon, hitting the tortoise pokemon just as he was ‘leaving’ his shell, exploding upon contact. Thanks to type resistance, the damage was somewhat reduced, but that was a heavy attack to take!

    It was PayDay, I mean, payback time – but alas, nothing came out of his attempts to perform such attack – all those three orders you gave, it’s almost as if he had never learned them, as if they did not belong to his natural movepool. The same should be said about the Petilil, obviously, as it finished its assault showing off his Swagger, mocking the Blastoise’s failed attempts to attack him. Silver was simply furious right now, how dared it mock him? He felt an increase in attack power, but with great power, comes great respons- I mean confusion.
    What will you do?


    Bill looked as his Blastoise just took some beating. This Petilil was something else though. Using Water Gun, Flash Cannon, Rapid Spin, something was up. How could it even learn those moves let alone...wait a minute. All those moves did have something in common, not with Petilil, but with Silver. Specifically they were all moves that he learned over the years. Reverse Mode must mean that the moves are swapped. But what moves could this grass-typed Pokemon even know? Bill looked through his dex to see what moves they could possibly learn. This thing had an unknown level, so low level moves only. It could learn some pretty awesome moves early. He only knew of a couple and even then, Silver was angry, there's a chance he might not even hear Bill, but it was a chance he needed to take.

    "Silver listen to me! We're gonna change things up. I need you to try and use Mega Drain. After that, Sleep Powder." He hoped that this would work, otherwise...*gulp*

    Cyber's PC
    Credit to PikaPal_Lyra for the Banner


    3DS Friend Code: 2320-7298-6586

  20. #345
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    944

    Default

    Someone replies, I update. Simple enough.

    CyberBlastoise
    Perhaps you were on to something. Indeed, it looked like both pokemon’s movesets had been switched by some unknown means – it would explain at least why Petilil was using attacks it wasn’t supposed to know, and how Silver couldn’t perform any of those he was meant to know. Soon enough, you would see if that was true or not.

    Silver is first to act, or at least tries to – did his trainer just tell him to use Mega Drain? He didn’t know that move, he must be confused; better to use Ice Beam, he would show that green bugger what he could do. Trying to focus some of his ice energy in front of his mouth, nothing begins to form, looking even more confused than before.

    The ‘green bugger’ wouldn’t wait for him to attack however, as you spot him waggling its head to the right, to the left, to the right, to the left, before stopping. What had the gods of the Metronome given it? A small orb of rainbow colors forms in front of it, quickly firing a majestic Aurora Beam at the goofy turtle, which deals slight damage due to type resistance. But good news! The impact was big enough to snap Silver out of his confusion, ready to (finally?) hurt the Petilil.

    Sleep Powder was next in line, while the Petilil began once more moving to the right and to the left, preparing another metronome. Maybe next time it could get a Bolt Strike, so Silver hurries up and tries to think how the hell he could release some spores he never learned how to release – but simply enough, it appears he just has to think about the attack, as spores shoot out of his cannons, spreading throughout the infinitely white arena. The Petilil begins to look drowsy, its movements to the left and to the left looking sloppy, before finally succumbing to the sleep powders. Such an opportunity could be valuable for a good strike!

    What will you do?

  21. #346
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada eh?
    Posts
    659

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John's Knight View Post



    gmoyes
    You are quick to act, both your Magnemite and Bronzor ready to take action against the rampaging Rampardos. The magnet pokemon is the first to attack, emitting a sharp noise that would distract any and everyone – except the Rampardos, who continues to dash forward as if nothing had been heard, quickly closing the distance. Next in line was your Bronzor, its eyes glowing blue, trying to make the furious dino fall asleep. Alas, it did nothing as well, and while everyone had already hid themselves in defense, you continue to be in the way of the fully awaken beast. You courageously stand your ground (or were you paralyzed in fear?), and your pokemon use their last resort move, firing a Thundershock and a Confusion at the Rampardos, who stood a mere few feet from you. Would it work, or would it be the last thing you would see in your life – a rampaging supposed-to-be-extinct pokemon? Well, that wasn’t such a bad last-thing-to-see-alive, was it?...

    For your and everyone’s surprise, as your attacks meet the pre-historical pokemon, it disappears into thin air, just as it had appeared. As soon as it disappeared, Dr. Foster rushed into the hall, looking rather disturbed for some seconds before eventually breathing out in relief. “Oh thank goodness, no one is hurt!” she says, looking at everyone. “I’m so sorry for the spook; one of our scientists lost control of one of the computers for some seconds, and created a hologram of a Rampardos, which unfortunately was created here. I hope everyone is okay, and in behalf of our Research Lab, I apologize.”

    “Now, thanks to that crazy Bob, we lost our element of surprise. As you can see, we can create holograms of fossil pokemon, thanks to the magical and wonderful advances in technology. Plus, what you saw here wasn’t even 10% of our possibilities. If the computer created a “real” hologram, you would be in a real life battle right now, Mr…?”

    You quickly answer “Alex”. Smiling at you, she continues “Mr. Alex. It was nice of you to use your pokemon to defend yourself and the others, and I salute you and appreciate what you’ve done.”

    Returning to the crowd, she continues “I don’t know if there are many pokemon trainers in here, but-”; she was interrupted when maybe more than half the crowd raised their hands, showing they were indeed trainers. Dr Foster seemed to be extremely happy, as she tried to stop her giggles. “Excellent. Then I think you will be happy to know that we are hosting a special Tournament here. The prizes will be very good to your tastes, I’m sure. And, to give it a special touch, in farther rounds, we will allow you to use some of our fossil pokemon!”

    Her last words seemed surprise everyone in there, as they quickly started blabbering about it. “If you want to participate, there is an inscription sheet over there, near the Hall Entrance, and all you have to do is put your name there. For those who don’t, there are many activities left on the Research Lab, so please feel free to join me as we continue our tour”.

    As she finishes, you see many trainers rushing their way into the entrance, signing their names. What will you do?

    Alex held his ears as the resounding Metal Sound screeched throughout the room. He looked up at the charging Rampardos and was stunned that it had no effect on the rock type. Even his Bronzor's follow up Hypnosis did nothing. He held his breath. If his pokemon's last attacks didn't make their mark there would be nothing stopping it from running him over. The twin steel types would never have the strenght to hold back the fossil pokemon. His Bronzor let out a blue wave of psychic energy at the same time Theta shot out a bolt of electricity. Both attacks struck the Rampardos head on. There was a flash of light and then-

    The Rampardos was gone.

    Alex looked around bewildered as he shakily got to his feet. "What the heck just happened?" Just then the tour guide, Dr. Foster came rushing into the room. After giving a look around she gave a look of relief and explained that the Rampardos was just a computer generated hologram that was created by accident. Even though the scientist explained that it was hardly working at 10%, Alex was impressed. It was certainly realistic enough to give him the scare of his life. The scientist paused from her explanation to ask Alex his name.

    “Alex Morgan,” he replied. She gave her thanks and turned back to the crowd at large and asked how many people there were trainers. Quite a lot of people raised their hands, Alex included, though that was obvious. She then stated that they were having a tournament for a great prize and there was a chance to use a fossil Pokémon. Most of the trainers were already headed towards the sign-up sheet. Alex quickly followed them. Sure he could learn plenty of stuff he could learn by continuing the tour, but it wasn’t every day someone got a chance to battle with ancient Pokémon. He even had an advantage that all fossil Pokémon were rock type. His steel typed Pokémon resisted their attacks and a majority of them carried a weakness to electricity. Of course, everyone else knew he had a Magnemite and Bronzor and he didn’t have a clue of what the other trainers had. Still, he had a good shot at winning and whatever that prize was would certainly help him out.

    Alex signed his name at the bottom of the growing list and waited for the battling to begin.
    I have clamed... the mighty Thor. Oh wait it's Throh *Facepalm*
    Fizzy Bubbles
    PASBL Stats
    My fanfic: Island of New Sundai

  22. #347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John's Knight View Post
    Could these be... updates?
    INDEED THEY ARE!
    Sorry for lateness - college can be a pain sometimes.
    But alas, here they are.
    Don't forget, size 1, dark orange, PROFILE LINK (in zones, you can post your signature (; ), and bold or CAPS LOCK your attacks - something I can easily notice.
    Hope you enjoy.


    King Ghidorah
    Giving further commands to your pokemon, he nods, acknowledging understanding of your orders. Beginning with the classic decoy tactic, he would surely show that Buizel what he was made of. ‘Dashing’ forwards, he falsely tries to aim at the otter’s throat, but having seen that attack before, he simply steps to the side with his stunning speed, before trying to Quick Attack his opponent. However, what he didn’t expect was Krabby’s enhanced defenses, as he Hardened his shell, decreasing the damage done. It didn’t quite work as you expected, but Krabby’s increased defenses would certainly come in handy.

    The crab continues to amaze, as he quickly Slammed his claw upon the otter’s face, slamming it against the water – had it been the ground, certainly the damage would be much worse. The otter reacts instinctively, backing away from the Krabby before he could attack again, that had hurt! The crab had continued following your commands, and began showing his Agility, slightly increasing his speed. Increased speed and defenses, now let’s see what the otter can do!

    And quickly he shows his prowess. He runs at the crab with incredible speed – wait, he actually appeared faster than before! Krabby wasn’t the only one who knew how to improve his Agility, as the otter rapidly reached the crab, hitting him twice with his tail for some damage. Thanks to the previous Harden, the Double Hit wasn’t so bad to take, but the Buizel continued his assault, firing a barrage of dashing sparkling stars at the Krabby, Swiftly doing some damage.

    What will you do?

    [/color]
    Krabby was now stewing with rage. It appeared no matter what kind of tactic he tried to throw at the Buizel, the otter always had a way to one-up him. The crab Pokemon was infuriated and began shaking and shuddering with rage.

    “Krabby…? You…you okay man? It’s okay, don’t let him get under your shell,” encounraged Hugo. But Krabby would have none of it. His claws began clicking violently and his eyes glazed over. Suddenly, in a bright flash, Krabby began to evolve! After a few moments, Krabby had become Kingler!

    And the rage was still in his eyes. Kingler was not happy. He glared angrily at Buizel while Hugo celebrated.

    “Alright Krab—I mean Kingler! Well done! Let’s do this.”

    Kingler nodded angrily at Hugo, awaiting a command.

    “Kingler! Pick up some more speed with another Agility! Then slash at the Buizel with Metal Claw! Then…uh….”

    Hugo feverishly looked in his Pokedex to see what moves his Kingler could use.

    “Use…uh…[B]SUPERPOWER!”

  23. #348
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    The Lost Cities of Talas
    Atlas City
    A bustling city located alongside the Laos River. While there are several small, stray settlements scattered across the land, Atlas's reputation has spread worldwide since the discovery of the lost city of Sobek less than a mile from its shore. The incredibly large influx of scientists, trainers, and tourists has aided in building Atlas from a humble village into a modern and prosperous city. Walking the streets at night isn't recommended, however, as the sudden prosperity of Atlas City has also attracted many thieves.

    Areas:

    The Market: A bustling marketplace. Food, clothing, and knick-knacks can be purchased here, but you'd better be careful. Some of the seedier business owners are renowned for advertising fake items as genuine artefacts. If you're lucky, however, you may just find a gem amongst the junk.

    Derek Feyr

    Stepping into the bright open area of the market place from the inside of house I had been staying in, a wall of sound crashed around me as vendors were throwing their voices to advertise their wares. I looked around at the sea of people on all sides of me and smiled down. I looked down to mu left side, where Forte, my Whismur, was standing, also taking in the sight of so many people walking around, shopping, haggling over prices. Though there were common warnings of pickpockets, forgers who charged a fortune for fake wares, and the general riff-raff that a new city invites, as soon as I had heard that Atlas City was becoming a tourist spot, I had dropped everything to travel there. For musicians, especially street performers, tourist attractions in lare cities were a gift from Arceus, an easy way to practice and perform while gaining moderate amounts of money as well.

    With my saxophone-bag slung over my right shoulder, I picked up Forte so he wouldn't get lost in the crowd. We looked around, walked around, gazing at all the seemingly old antiques that were for sale, as well as more common goods that people would've needed for their daily lives. After watching the crowds of people drift around, I finally walked over to a corner under a street sign on the edge of the marketplace. Unpacking my instrument and warming up, I surveyed the people walking past to make sure my new spot was worth staying at. Rule number one of Street Artistry. Perform where the people are. Satisfied with the number of people walking past, I started playing my saxophone, a light bouncy jazz tune, while Forte provided various instrumental sounds as backup.
    --I don't have regular internet access, so don't be surprised if I suddenly don't show up for days at a time.--

    I write to stay alive. What have you done lately?

    Fizzy Bubbles Profile

  24. #349
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    944

    Default Set 6


    gmoyes
    As the trainers in the room gathered over the sign-up sheet, it is only after some minutes that you finally get your hand on the pen, writing “Alex Morgan” on the paper. After you came more trainers, and after ten minutes, the crowd finally settled, turning to Dr. Foster for further guidance.

    “Excellent.” She quickly exclaimed, seeming to be rather pleased as she picked the inscription sheet. “I’ll be back in a moment, just need to hand this out to the right people. And don’t worry; no pokemon is going to appear now, cross my heart!”

    As she giggles for a second, she leaves the room with a fast pace, and you continue your tour around the exposition. Various fossils of Omanyte, Kabuto, Lileep and many more were displayed, a small text explaining their traits, and a picture created by a computer. Another ten minutes pass, and Dr. Foster arrives, smiling as usual. “Oh God, Bob didn’t do any mistakes now. The Tournament will begin shortly. If you could please follow me, I’ll show you the Battlefield.”

    As she exits the room again, you and all the trainers interested in participating in the “show” and some who weren’t trainers followed her, curious about what was going to happen. Walking down a wide hall, at the end is an entrance to a very large elevator. You were one of the firsts to enter it, although Dr. Foster asked for the remaining one’s patience, as she would get back to the main floor as quickly as possible. As the doors closed, the elevator started to descend quickly, and five seconds later you found yourselves on a large balcony. As you rush off the elevator, Dr. Foster ascends again, and while the others get to the underground level, you examine your locations. Below the balcony was a large battlefield, similar to those found on regular gyms and leagues. The battleground was of a simple concrete, nothing out of the ordinary. A few seconds later, the remaining trainers arrived, and Dr. Foster continues.

    “As you have cleverly deducted, this will be the tournament’s location. For now, that is, but I’ll get to that later.” As she says that, you notice that the underground level didn’t only have the battlefield, as on the far end of the balcony there was a door; still, you didn’t find it too interesting, your mind focused on her words. On the battlefield level, stairs connected it and the upper level where you were standing. “For the first round, you will have to fight another trainer. Your names have been entered on a Random Sequence Generator, and the match-ups have been done. To start our tournament, we have…”

    Turning to you, she continues with a smile “Our friend Alex here, and …Jaq…Jaqen, am I pronouncing this right?” The crowd sees a hand sticking out, a teen seeming to be excited. Passing his hand through his black short hair, his dark eyes meet yours quickly enough. All in all, he appeared a dark tall fellow – you even wander who you hadn’t seen him before, as he appeared to be quite the stand-out guy. “Indeed you did, Doctor. Jaqen, from a far away town, in the land of Braavos – hence the foreign name. Pleased to be of acquaintance” he greeted courteously. “Such a fine gentleman!” she giggled. “Very well then! Please go down those stairs, and start the match. It will be a 1vs1 pokemon battle. Whoever KOs the other pokemon wins. We have some complicated machinery here in the labs, but we do our battles simple!”

    As you get down the stairs, the remaining trainers and the Doctor decide to observe the battle from above. Jaqen is first to release his pokemon, an Accelgor materializing in front of him. “Good luck!” he smiled. “Shall we have some fun?”


    -----


    King Ghidorah
    All were astonished by the bright glow that lighted the pond for a few moments, as the small crab metamorphosed into a bigger creature, its tiny claws engorging into powerful weapons to be sure. As the white glow faded, only Kingler remained, fiercer than the Krabby he used to be. The Buizel studied him from claw to claw, before threatening to smile – had he finally recognized you as his opponent?

    You wouldn’t give him enough time to consider though; the crab pokemon, still raging from the maneuvers from the otter, dashes forward in astonishing speed, further increasing it with the use of another Agility, further astonishing the Buizel – actually, everything seemed astonishing. Reaching the Buizel quite quickly, he couldn’t react before a white blur crashed at his face, the Metal Claw pushing him away a couple of feet. Although it was quite a surprisingly quick attack, the type mismatch reduced the damage a tad. Nevertheless, the Buizel still looked aghast at the blow he had just received, and he couldn’t help but grim – things were certainly getting interesting now, it was no longer a puny Krabby, now he truly had to be careful with that Kingler, or things could end badly, and quickly.

    While you looked for possible attacks your Kingler could use, the otter dashed forward as well, also increasing his speed with another Agility; he quickly closed the distance, stopping just a mere feet from the crab king; the Sonicboom created by such a violent stop hit the Kingler almost spot-on - the crab luckily pushed his left claw forward, trying to grab the otter, and it worked out more of a defensive reflex than an attacking opportunity. Nevertheless, it still pushed the Kingler a few feet back, shrugging off the damage quickly.

    Now was your turn to shine again, finally finding a suitable attack. Kingler nods, acknowledging understanding of your command – and what a command it was, he was going to show that Buizel who he messed with. Gathering all his energies mainly on both his claws, he dashes forward again, smashing heavily into the otter pokemon, releasing all the Superpower he had gathered within. The otter is sent flying for quite some meters, parting away the waters of the pond, almost like an otterish Moses, a Moses that was sent flying through the sea. He takes his time to get to his feet, that had damaged quite so! However, your Kingler tired himself quite a big as well from that attack, and it could be a while before he regained his former self.

    The otter acts once more, summoning three blue orbs of energy that spin around him, before majestically forming three rings that circled him, before engulfing him in a blue hue glow, finally disappearing. Those Aqua Rings healed a bit of the Buizel’s damage, nothing significant though compared to that Superpower.

    What will you do?
    Last edited by John's Knight; 20th August 2012 at 5:34 PM.

  25. #350
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    944

    Default Set 7

    Welcome Ampharos_Dude and Chthonic Flames to my group; remembering some of the rules:

    • Please remember to reply with font size 1, in Dark Orange
    • Always keep a link to your FB profile in signature (and obviously, that means you need to show the signature), or in your post.
    • If you're on a battle, please bold your attacks to make it easier to read. I'm comfortable with 3 attacks per round.


    Hope you enjoy your adventures ^-^ Now let's go.

    -----

    Ampharos_Dude
    Quickly finding yourself a small flashlight, you think of how unfortunate you were right now – those who entered the Sovereign Valley had thought of finding ancient treasures left behind by those who came before; you, on the other hand, had your first step into it to find your rascal pokemon who had entered the catacombs without you knowing. Hopefully nothing of the bad sort had happened to her…

    As entered the nearest catacomb, you realize that, at least at this first underground level, the flashlight would not be necessary, as enough sunlight dived into the small chamber by the hole the archaeologists had dig. Carefully going down the fragile stairs they had created – perhaps they were a bit weak of support because no one came in here for a while? – you study what was going down there with worry. Indeed, you had found your dear Sunkern – and it appears she had found herself a pokemon that spelled trouble.

    The small Aron appeared angry at the grass pokemon, pointing with its tiny claw at its head. Cherry bowed and bowed in what appeared apologies – it may have that Cherry startled the steel pokemon as she fell, hitting its hard head. The apologies didn’t seem to matter though, as it Tackled against the Sunkern, who luckily dodged at the last second. It appears you have a battle upon your hands.

    What will you do?


    -----


    Chthonic Flames
    Certainly, Atlas City was the place to go if you were an upcoming musician – well, even if not upcoming, it was the place to be seen and heard. A fine choice it was too, to pick the Market as your “spot” – bustling with activity, this city’s marketplace could provide interesting results to your search. In time, you would soon find out. As you played with your saxophone, Forte the Whismur happily provided some lovely background sounds, nothing like those emitted by wild Whismur and their family evolutions – in fact, it is well known that a frightened Whismur can shriek at the same volume as a jet plane! Fortunately, no Concorde was interrupting your light jazz, although it didn’t appear to strike as much interest as you wished. Sure, some people looked at you for a few seconds, before returning to their busy life; a few actually stopped for a minute or two, dropping a coin or two – still, nothing as you imagined.

    As you stopped your music to evaluate how much you had earned and the next song, you hear someone call out: “Hey kid!” You search around, and spot out a man in a tuxedo, taking out what appeared a mascarade-esque white mask from his face, revealing his full upper face as he walked to you. “I liked what I heard, so I hope you’ll like what you hear next. I’m Mr. Salieri, seller of accessories for Pokemon Musicals, I would very much like your help. I believe that, with you and your pokemon at my shop, playing that lovely music you just played and perhaps even using some of my accessories, we could earn ourselves a bit more money! I hope this offer is of your interest?”

    What is your answer?


    -----

    Rotom310 - repost

    GalaxyEyes - repost

    pengyzu - repost

    uhhhhh - repost

    takkupanda - repost

    Trainer Andy - repost

    Flame Mistress - repost

    JustAnotherUser - repost

    CyberBlastoise - repost

    gmoyes - repost

    King Ghidorah - repost

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •