Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 150

Thread: Miasma Heights - The Deserted Theme Park's Recorded History

  1. #101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl's Perap View Post

    The Underbelly

    Amras.MG
    As you, Rochelle and the pokémon companions pursue the bare human footprints further and further down the corridor at a quickening pace, the woman breaks the silence with one word, "Sorry." With this, you stop in your tracks, turning towards her, "I should explain why I'm down here..." With this, the woman paces over to a small boulder, sitting herself down with a sad look on her face. "You see, the reason I'm down here, well, I'm looking for...someone very close to me.." As the woman finishes, you notice a lone tear trickle down her face, dropping onto the cold cavern floor. With a breezing motion, Idrial glides across the cavern, kneeling slightly to place a soothing hand on the woman's shoulder.

    "I know though, if I find this person, they aren't going to be the same person, I just...want to say goodbye properly.." Rochelle smiles at the Gardevoir at her side and the Houndour puppy who was now sat at her feet. It is safe to say that this woman will mean you no harm as you see both your loved pokémon, seemingly completely at ease in her presence. "Anyway, we are losing time, I'm surprised we haven't been assaulted thus far..." Standing up, the woman grabs your arm and the four of you begin down the tunnel once more. After a few minutes, you reach a round room. In the centre of the room is what seemed like a dining table fit for a king, with all the chairs still in place around it. As the four of you begin to explore the room. At the opposite side of the room is a wrought iron gate with a single keyhole in it. In one quick motion, Idrial uses her psychic powers to lift the odd key from your pocket. However, as she does, she instantly drops it and turns on her feet, a look of horror in her eyes. Little did you know, in the heights of the room was a chandelier and atop the chandelier was a rather sinister looking Honchkrow, ruffling her feathers and glaring down at you, "See, obstacles everywhere..." Rochelle utters as the huge crow drops from the rafters, landing on the dining table before you...
    Rochelle stops Amras and his Pokemon, pulling them out of their brisk run in order to get something off her chest. Amras kneels next to her, eyes casting about warily, and lays a comforting hand on the shoulder opposite Gardevoir's, feeling the woman's pain radiating outwards. Heart feeling slightly ripped by the woman's loss, Amras is gripped by his own experience of losing someone you care about deeply, having seen his parents impales by spikes before his very eyes. Despite the attack occuring half a million years ago, a cold stab of pain ripped through his heart every time the memory surfaced again. Amras reaches down and wipes the single tear from her face, aware now that she is not threatening at all. However, the moment can't last long, and the group began to move on, coming upon a kingly cavern; a disturbing setting considering the underground nature of the environment. Amras and Idrial lock eyes on the keyhole across the way, but are stopped from moving past the room by a giant Honchkrow. Sensing Idrial's fear through the telekinetic and emotional bond the two shared, Amras pulled out Idrial's Psychic Ball, and recalled her, thanking her for all of her help.

    "Rensing, I believe in you. We can do this. However, if you need help, I will not hesitate to call out another of your teammates. Start off with trapping it with a Fire Spin, the fire a Dark Pulse into the mix!"

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Posts
    2,019

    Default

    The Underbelly

    AmrasMG

    With a quick recall of Idrial into her psychic ball, you and Rensing get ready to take on the humongous foe, a Honchkrow standing on the large dining table before you. As you utter a round of attacks to the puppy Houndour, Rochelle grabs your arm, "This is crazy, whether this Houndour has a powerful aura about him or not, that crow looks pretty fearsome." Rensing, however, ignores the woman talking to you and sets about beginning the battle.

    As the puppy leaps forwards, he begins to spew a hurricane of flaming energy towards the Honchkrow perched atop the table. When the fire begins to engulf the intimidating bird, it too creates a hurricanesque attack in the form of whirlwind. As the funnel of air tears around the circular room, Rensing fires a pulse of darkness through it, hitting the crow directly on its underside. Visibly angered by this attack and slightly damaged, the Honckrow jumps up off of the tabletop, flapping its huge wingspan before swooping down at Rensing, attacking him with a powerful wing attack.

    "Two moves not in an ordinary Honckrow's learnset, be careful..." Rochelle added as the fire spin damaged the crow slightly, causing it to seize up in an angry manner...

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl's Perap View Post
    [Updates are a heeeere! I'm beginning to fall behind so much, I hate it :x]

    The Merry Maze

    Tale
    With the Ponyta's way of motion completely revealed and a horrid foe in the form of Ghastly hovering in the air before you, you are quick to decide on a plan and release Friedrich, your Corphish companion. Not planning on direct assault, you utter your orders to the crustacean and quickly begin to move in the direction the haunted steed had brought you. Behind you, the crab engaged in a quick burst of combat with the Ghastly, standing in one spot with a horrific glare on his tiny face. Despite its terrifying demeanor, the ghost pokémon stays where it is, a look of fear in its eyes at Friedrich's Leer. "Hah, it'll take more than that..." the ghosts face changes in an instant, obviously faking its fear of the Corphish. In an instant, the Ghastly swoops at Friedrich, battering him with its large round head.

    As you continue onwards down the hedged passage, you stop to look back and see how your crustacean is getting on. As you do, the Corphish summons up a large sphere of white energy, using both pincirs to send it in the direction of the Ghastly. As the attack buffets the ghost, Friedrich sees his time to escape, scuttling quickly until he reaches your feet. With the Corphish back with you, the ghost begins a hot pursuit, recovering from the power of the ancient attack as best it can. In an instant, the crab grabs at the cuff of your trousers, pulling you further down the passage. As the two of you run in hopes of finding your way out of the maze, the Ghastly catches up. This time, however, the pokémon does not attack, but merely pursues you. Eventually you reach a fork in the road, "Left or right, life or death, light or dark..." The ghost behind you begins muttering, awaiting your decision...
    Unfortunately, it seemed, despite his confident self-assessment, Friedrich’s attempt at intimidation fell short of its effect on the foreboding ghost. Oscar, having peered back to view the outcome, noticed Gastly’s faux fear before he retaliated with a strike that caused the hardy Corphish to stagger. He returned to his navigation, his confidence in Friedrich abounding. When he glanced back again, Friedrich’s Ancientpower struck the Gastly with substantial success, prompting enough time for his companion to scuttle to his feet, eagerly tugging at his trainer’s hem in order to provoke greater haste.

    Oscar, enthused by Friedrich’s agility, indulged his companion’s hastiness and continued without another glance at the now looming Gastly, whose pursuit, devoid of harmful intent, imposed on them an imminent doom awaiting the smallest of mistakes to condemn them. Ardently anticipating the depths of the ominous maze, Oscar approached an expected division in his path.

    ”Left or right, life or death, light or dark…” the Gastly muttered to the two of them, awaiting his decision as to which path to take. Oscar, settling on a decision, turned to the malevolent spectre as Friedrich valiantly hopped ahead of him, his pincers snapping violently at the Gastly.

    “I’ll pick the dark at any given opportunity. You are mistaken if you believe we intend to go anywhere but deeper into this maze…right it is, Friedrich. But first release a an Ice Beam, then a Firestream. Should fortune allow it, we will rid our progression from this fiend’s influence. Keep pushing onwards, Friedrich, I know you can do it.” With his orders in place, he took the right path.

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chi-town
    Posts
    677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl's Perap View Post
    [Updates are a heeeere! I'm beginning to fall behind so much, I hate it :x]

    Miasma Heights [Between areas]

    -Hayward-
    With your initial Miasma Heights battle out of the way and a victory for Medeo, the psychic pokémon insists on you helping the injured Cacnea. Despite it attacking you first, the least you could do was get the pokémon medication of some sort. As you kneel to scoop the cactus pokémon in your arms and request that Meditite is ready to protect it at all costs, the two of you walk away from the shadowy game shacks, back the way you came. As you walk, Medeo notices something up ahead. It seems to be a map of the entire park and hotel and the two of you pace towards it quickly. Upon reaching it, the entire thing appears to have a layer of grime, not having being looked at for many a moon. Leaping upwards, the Meditite scrubs away at the muck, revealing the map of the park that once was.

    "Med!" the psychic pokémon points at the map, denoting where the three of you were located at the moment. Scanning quickly, you notice that each ride has their own first aid facilities. Looking up at you, Medeo shakes his head rapidly and points at a different location, sliding his tiny finger along the path one of the rides takes and stopping at a picture of what looks to be a beautiful garden. It seems that the psychic pokémon believes the pokémon should be placed in an appropriate area, rather than taken to the first aid locations. The area in the park best suited to the wild Cacnea was the decorative gardens, but the only way of reaching them was to ride on the Mantina Mania ride and depart prematurely. In your arms, the cactus rustles, "Cac!" It becomes apparent that Medeo is not far wrong, the Cacnea wants to be taken to the Decorative Gardens rather than be healed at a first aid post. With Medeo making a decision, the pokémon makes a mental note of the location of Mantine Mania and begins to walk, expecting you to follow...


    Carrying the wounded Cacnea piggyback-style, Ben made his way back towards Miasma Heights’ uninviting entrance. Medeo maintained a few metre lead, on the lookout for any signs of danger or wild Pokemon hiding in the deserted theme park. The pair walked on in uneventful silence for a few moments, and Ben was beginning to once again think that maybe they really were the only living souls in the park after all, when suddenly Medeo spied a detailed map board a little ways off and ran to investigate. Medeo was hard at work scraping off the age-old muck, dust, and grime when Ben jogged up slowly, still transporting the rotund Cactus Pokemon on his back.

    ”Medi! Medeo shouted eagerly, and pointed excitedly at the map. Ben saw where the Yoga Pokemon’s tiny finger was pointing and realized that Medeo had succeeded in locating their current position. Though faded, the map was a good one, providing a comprehensive catalog of every ride, food stall, game stand, prize tent, and lavatory in the park. As he continued to scan the warped, discolored paper with his grey-green eyes, Ben noted that each attraction had its own first-aid facility. This is exactly what he had wanted to know. He nodded his appreciation to his diminutive companion, “Thanks, mate. Nice work. Now we’ll be able to get this Cacnea some treatment.”

    Medeo wasn’t interested in the medical booths, however. Regarding Ben with a meaningful expression, he shook his onion-shaped head rapidly from side-to-side. Ben watched as the little Meditite traced over the route of the Mantine Mania, making an abrupt stop a portion of the way through the ride, then veering slightly off course towards a nearby open meadow. It was clear to Ben that Medeo didn’t want to see the Cacnea taken to a first-aid stand. Medeo felt the Cactus Pokemon would be more at home in the picturesque garden. At that moment, the injured Cacnea let out a faint cry of “Cac!”, and Ben understood that the Cactus Pokemon had understood Medeo’s suggestion, and consented. Dragging a hand through his short brown hair, Ben considered their next course of action, while Medeo impatiently tapped his foot. It was obvious what he wanted to do.

    They could ride the Mantine Mania until they passed close by the Decorative Gardens Ben realized, but they would have exit before the ride reached the end. Then they would have to trek the remainder of the way to the grassy land on foot. It didn’t seem like it would be too difficult. Ben was just about to agree, when Medeo, fed up with waiting, set off towards the Decorative Gardens, having made up his mind and memorized the route. Sighing, Ben jogged after his impulsive friend.

    When Ben finally caught up to Medeo, he was a bit winded from lugging the wild Cacnea around. “You sure. About this. Mate?” He asked the Meditite between panting breaths. Medeo simply nodded and led on. “Alright then. I’ll trust. You.” Ben conceded, then quickly warned, “But like. Last time. Be ready. For anything.”

    As they raced on towards Mantine Mania, Ben gasped out precautionary instructions to his small partner. “Use your FORESIGHT. And DETECT. Any movement. That might. Try to. Harm us.”


    _____________________________________
    fb
    Last edited by -Hayward-; 19th April 2009 at 4:15 AM.

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    u ess ay
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl's Perap View Post
    [Reeeeally sorry about the lateness, been caught up in real life... and with Platinum :x Also, I would like to welcome both Tale and Silver Wind into the wonderful (if not a little spooooky) realm of Miasma Heights, so, welcome guys, hope you enjoy your time here :3]

    The Tunnels

    Demon Skittle
    As you crawl further and further into the cramped up and incredibly dusty ventilation system, hacking and coughing away as you do so, Prestige seems to freeze onto the spot. Despite his laidback approach at first, trotting from the entrance, completely ignoring the fact you were struggling amongst the dust and in the cramped environment, he appeared to be unnerved now. As you reach him in the creaking metal vent, he places a singular claw on your mouth, motioning towards you to keep quiet. It became apparent that, just up ahead, there was a perfectly square hole. Your heart skips several beats, imagine if neither of you had noticed that, one or both could be goners by now. A few seconds pass and Prestige, who appears to be in a sleeping state, speaks into your mind, "I can sense movement down that hole, it doesn't seem hostile..." With this, the Abra crawls forwards, peering down into the murky darkness of the hole.

    A clawed thumb appears before your face before Prestige turns around, a slight grin on his emotionless face, "I can see a round yellow light and hear breathing, I think Ana might be down there..." His voice seemed a lot more at ease now, with a slight chuckle in it. With Prestige returning to looking down the hole, your breathing begins to go off again, the thick dust all over your hands, your clothes, everywhere, is doing no good for your respiratory system and, through no fault of your own, you begin coughing maniacally. With a hiss, the Abra turns, attempting to cover your mouth, but it is no good, your coughing fit continues. Suddenly, through your trauma, you hear a scuffling noise within the hole up ahead, quickly followed by a loud bah'ing noise, it had to be Ana the Flaaffy, only she had such a bizarre way of making herself known. From beneath the vent came several thuds, whatever was in the room with the Flaaffy appeared to have gathered your presence within the ventilation system and a head materialized before Prestige, "Oi, you, what you doing in me vents?!" said the head, which appeared to either be floating without a body or attached to an older male, "C'mon, explain yourself, girly!"
    Prestige trotted along ahead of Alina to light and lead the way, also kicking up a cloud of dust with every step, thus adding to the trainer's misery. Tight places were definately not a good place to be, since there is no way you can quickly turn around and escape if something horrific were to happen, but Alina pressed onward, feeling a sense of responsibility for her Flaaffy. However, this didn't stop her from making complaints which echoed through the vents, and probably woke up god knows what, and drew attention to the two idiots in the vent shafts. Coughing and hacking along the way, she complained rather vocally of the cold steel of the vents making her hands sore, and of the suffocating dust that choked her, until she finally bummed into the back of her Abra. Prestige turned around to glare and place a claw on her lips as Alina noted a square hole up ahead. Her eyes grew wide as Prestige said rather sleepily, "I can sense movement down that hole, it doesn't seem hostile..."

    At that moment Alina nearly lunged for the hole, desperate to escape this horribly cramped vent and to breath fresh air for the first time in what felt like a lifetime... or 15 minutes. Prestige pointed towards the hole and stated "I can see a round yellow light and hear breathing, I think Ana might be down there..." As Prestige glanced down the hole again, Alina tried to hold back a fit of coughing that was coming on, which was difficult considering the amount of dust in the air. Prestige jumped as his trainer began to choke and cough on the dust. He desperately tried to cover her mouth, or strangle her, or anything to shut her up, but his efforts were in vain. If Alina's loud complaining wasn't enough to get the attention of whatever stole her Flaaffy, surely this would be. Alina could hear a cry from her Flaaffy and several thuds, but there was nothing she could do as her eyes watered and Prestige tried to silence her. Suddenly, a head materialized before Prestige, crying out "Oi, you, what you doing in me vents?!" The trainer jumped slightly at the sudden apparition, but Prestige merely scratched his chin as he examined the head, saying, "Alina, you seem to attract floating-head-things quite often."

    "Wha..?" Alina said, sniffing and rubbing her eyes. She wasn't quite sure what he was talking about...

    "Well you know, there was that disembodied-head-Spinda back in that... one place, you know. And then there's one right before us right now.

    "Oh, that's true... do you think there's some sort of charm or something to repel these kinds of things?"

    As Alina and Prestige continued pondering and discussing on how they could repel these kinds of spirits, the head, which was growing rather annoyed, said, "C'mon, explain yourself, girly!"

    "How rude! Disrupting our conversation of floating heads and such," Prestige exclaimed, as Alina continued sniffing and rubbing her nose. After giving one menacing sneeze, she said, "I've crawled through caves, climbed a tower of chairs, and crawled through vents and I'm really damn sick of this chase. Give me back my Flaaffy, and we'll leave you be, or I'll... do something bad!"
    Last edited by Demon Skittle; 21st April 2009 at 3:13 AM.
    "My pedestal was too high for me to climb off of. In fact, that's the reason for the high horse."

    Fizzy of Bubbles
    And Another Useless Art Blog

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Posts
    2,019

    Default

    [I've decided to type updates up as one paragraph rather than the two, much like other ZAs]

    The Merry Maze

    Tale
    Having made a decision and chosen to follow the right path, whilst at the same time issuing two more attacks for Friedrich, the plucky Corphish, you begin to move and leave the crustacean to hold his own. Turning around, you see the crab pokémon opening a claw, within which a sphere of freezing cold energy was gathering before he fires a bar of ice at the spectre. Recoiling in pain, the Ghastly hits the hedge and disappears to the other side in an instant. Not wanting to leave without making sure the ghost type pokémon had recieved the maximum damage, the Corphish opens the other claw, this time the crab begins to spew a flurry of magma bubbles at the hedge, from within which you hear the Ghastly cry out in pain once again. Having pulled off both attacks and not having the odd ghost on your tail anymore, the two of you continue deeper into the maze to the right. After wandering about for a while, you come into a square shape within the hedges. In the centre of the quadrangle is a rather ornate looking fountain. Upon closer inspection you notice that the 'water' within it is not water at all but more of a silvery smoke-like matter, swirling in a clockwise motion. Friedrich leaps onto the rim of the odd fountain for a closer look himself and the peculiar matter begins to swirl in a more violent manner. It isn't long before you believe you can see a small figure forming amongst the smoke and your Corphish companion edges closer to you, obviously slighlty unnerved by the whole thing. "Leave this place..now..." a dismebodied voice comes from deep within the smoke and a mangled arm appears, attempting to grasp at you and Friedrich. As the two of you step back, you bump into a sphere. Spinning on the spot, you look up to see Ghastly has made a return, looking rather battered from the attacks. However, this time, the evil looking pokémon has brought back up in the form of an unusually dark looking Misdreavus.

    What will you do?

    Mantine Mania

    -Hayward-
    With the two of you and the fainted Cacnea pressing onwards toward the aquatic ride at a heightening pace, you begin to lose your breath as you utter the same protective commands to Medeo the Meditite. Eventually, after several minutes of traversing across the eerie, abandoned theme park, you arrive at a tall blue gate emblazoned with big cartoonesque writing which read 'Mantine Mania'. It wasn't long before your psychic companion pulled you away from admiring the regal blue archway. As you follow close behind, you find yourself walking up a set of steps to a large platform. Alongside the platform is the beginning of the ride, several Mantine-shaped boats sit bobbing in the water channel next to the ride platform. "Med!" Medeo cries out cheerily before hopping into the one closest to the entrance. As you follow once more, clambering into the Mantine in a haphazard manner and placing the cactus pokémon alongside you on the cushioned seat, it suddenly jerks into life on its own, a water gate opens and the cheerful water ride begins. To begin with, the ride seems rather tranquil as you pass through the back of Miasma Heights, passing several of the other closed attractions, the moon lighting up the whole area. In the distance, you can make out what looks to be a small wood made up of a variety of different trees, some of which look rather bare. However, as you notice Cacnea's desired location, the ride makes a peculiar grinding sound and lurches to a stop in the middle of an open pond section of the ride. Suddenly, in front of the boat, the water begins to ripple violently and a large shape appears. As you and the Meditite squint, you see an oversized Slowpoke surface which gives you a wide and quite clueless looking grin...

    What will you do?

    The Tunnels

    Demon Skittle
    Having debated over the matter of floating heads appearing before you on numerous occasions, the man was quick to try and make you explain yourself. As you demand for the return of Ana the slightly dim Flaaffy, the man's gnarled face turned into a sinister grin. In a matter of moments, a bizarre gale began to blow right within the vent and the man's head disappeared once more. As you and Prestige both brace yourself, the power of the wind heightening with every second, you simply cannot hold on and end up getting sucked into the hole in the vent, landing in the very room the Abra had sensed the presence of your stolen Flaaffy within. Landing in a heap with Prestige sitting atop you unscathed, you begin to squint around and notice an old cage in the corner. Within the cage is a rather confused and disgruntled looking Flaaffy, quite obviously Ana. "You want this dumb thing back? You're gonna have to battle me..." the odd man emerged from the shadows, a large Murkrow perched upon his shoulder, "Good work, 'krow, those winds have brought us some more trinkets..." He eyed you keenly before turning his attention to the Abra, the weird grin forming on his face once more. "Alina, I think he wants to take me instead of Ana. I know I'm amazing but seriously, he has a screw loose. Let's wipe the floor with him and get out of these tunnels..." As Prestige speaks, the man's gaze returns to you, realizing the pokémon is obviously communing with you telepathically because of your changing expressions, "So, plotting are we? Fair enough, two can play at that game..." The man's hand slid behind him, producing a purple pokéball, the rare sort of pokéball designed for specific types. In an instant and a flash of red, another Abra stands Prestige. However, unlike your own Abra, this one seems to be eminating a feeling of darkness. It appears to be one of the fabled shadow pokémon from deep within the bowels of the Twilight Realm.

    What will you do?

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    u ess ay
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl's Perap View Post
    The Tunnels

    Demon Skittle
    Having debated over the matter of floating heads appearing before you on numerous occasions, the man was quick to try and make you explain yourself. As you demand for the return of Ana the slightly dim Flaaffy, the man's gnarled face turned into a sinister grin. In a matter of moments, a bizarre gale began to blow right within the vent and the man's head disappeared once more. As you and Prestige both brace yourself, the power of the wind heightening with every second, you simply cannot hold on and end up getting sucked into the hole in the vent, landing in the very room the Abra had sensed the presence of your stolen Flaaffy within. Landing in a heap with Prestige sitting atop you unscathed, you begin to squint around and notice an old cage in the corner. Within the cage is a rather confused and disgruntled looking Flaaffy, quite obviously Ana. "You want this dumb thing back? You're gonna have to battle me..." the odd man emerged from the shadows, a large Murkrow perched upon his shoulder, "Good work, 'krow, those winds have brought us some more trinkets..." He eyed you keenly before turning his attention to the Abra, the weird grin forming on his face once more. "Alina, I think he wants to take me instead of Ana. I know I'm amazing but seriously, he has a screw loose. Let's wipe the floor with him and get out of these tunnels..." As Prestige speaks, the man's gaze returns to you, realizing the pokémon is obviously communing with you telepathically because of your changing expressions, "So, plotting are we? Fair enough, two can play at that game..." The man's hand slid behind him, producing a purple pokéball, the rare sort of pokéball designed for specific types. In an instant and a flash of red, another Abra stands Prestige. However, unlike your own Abra, this one seems to be eminating a feeling of darkness. It appears to be one of the fabled shadow pokémon from deep within the bowels of the Twilight Realm.

    What will you do?
    Falling through the hole, Alina landed on the ground with a thud. Prestige landed lightly on her back and bounced onto the ground, completely unscathed. As Alina moaned from the pain throughout her body, especially in her back, Prestige brushed off the last of the dust and said coldly, "Get up, you look ridiculous."

    Alina forced herself up and gave her Abra a nasty glare before noticing a cage in the corner of the room with her terrified Flaaffy. Before she could run over to her Pokemon, however, a voice said, ""You want this dumb thing back? You're gonna have to battle me..."

    The head from before emerged from the shadows, showing Alina that he wasn't a floating head at all, much to her relief, but was still fairly sinister looking. A large Murkrow was perched upon his shoulder, adding to his already sinister looks. Eying Prestige, the man said, "Good work, 'krow, those winds have brought us some more trinkets..."

    "YOU ******* FOR A BIRD!" Alina cried and pointed angrily and the Murkrow, her back still aching from the rough landing. Prestige pulled at her sock, mumbling, "Alina, I think he wants to take me instead of Ana. I know I'm amazing but seriously, he has a screw loose. Let's wipe the floor with him and get out of these tunnels..."

    "Why you? Ana's stronger anyway," Alina scoffed, just wanting to get her Flaaffy and leave. She wasn't in the mood for battling. However, she wasn't willing to lose either of her Pokemon to this dude. The man gazed at Alina, thoroughly creeping her out, and he seemed to smile slightly, saying "So, plotting are we? Fair enough, two can play at that game..."

    As the man pulled out a unique kind of pokeball, Alina couldn't help but feel that it was somehow familiar, as if she had seen this type of ball somewhere before. It seemed like a ghost ball, only more foreboding. In a flash of red light appeared a duplicate of Prestige, except more furious and darker than her own Abra. It finally dawned on Alina that this particular Abra was a Shadow Pokemon, and that this would be no easy fight at all.

    [OOC: TRANSFOOOOORM]

    "Ew, what an emo!" Prestige said, completely disgusted at the sight of his opponent. Alina shook her head. If there was anything Prestige could do to infuriate the shadow Pokemon even more, he would do it.

    "Aw, don't provoke it," Alina whined, a feeling of dread emanating from the Shadow Abra. "It's probably stronger than you, so be careful, at least--"

    "I'm insulted!" exclaimed Prestige, proceeding to stick his tongue out at his opponent to provoke it even more. "I'm taller anyway."

    Alina rolled her eyes and murmured, "By only one inch..."

    At that moment a blinding light filled the room, preventing Alina from seeing what was happening and causing her to go into a panic. For a moment she thought the opponent exploded or something, until the light eventually subsided. As she blinked for her eyes to adjust back to the darkness, she could make out the form of Prestige... only a lot bigger. Holy ****, he did explo--

    "You mean "only by more than a foot," right?"

    Alina blinked and strained her eyes until she could see somewhat clearly, and low and behold, instead of her precious Abra stood a Kadabra, completely fascinated by the new spoon he was grasping in his hands. His trainer stared in disbelief as Prestige ecstatically informed her of his new spoon and wicked mustache until she forced him around, said a short congratulations, and ordered "Okay, let's get this over with. Set up a Light Screen, and give it a Thunder Wave and a Shadow Ball."
    "My pedestal was too high for me to climb off of. In fact, that's the reason for the high horse."

    Fizzy of Bubbles
    And Another Useless Art Blog

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Piplup
    Posts
    1,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl's Perap View Post
    [Updates are a heeeere! I'm beginning to fall behind so much, I hate it :x]

    The Funhouse

    Silver Wind
    After engaging the young boy in brief conversation, you make your way back into the rool within which the large ball pit was located. Behind you, an audible shuffle lets you know the child has followed. "Excuse me mister, you're quite confusing, can you talk normally?" a small voice appears behind you, the boy not wanting to sound rude, stood with a cheery grin on his face. As he looks up to you, Pathos scans the child up and down with his mind, "Seems like he has a pokémon that can help us out" the Abra utters into your mind, so the child cannot hear him. With a quick flash, the psychic pokémon teleports to the boy's feet, poking his leg, "I require your Mime Jr's assistance, now"

    With Pathos' quick request, the boy nods several times and, in a heartbeat, his Mime Jr is standing before you, spinning cheerfully on its tiny legs. Within moments, the tiny pokémon leaps into the ball pit, swimming amongst the rainbow spheres before a quick 'clunk' is heard from the depths, "Careful, Mimey!" the child cries out, unsure about the room. Quickly but quietly, Pathos leaps into the air, performs a quick nose dive and disappears beneath the balls. As a second 'clunk' is heard, the wall opposite the two boys, on the other side of the ball pit, began to open slowly. Balls began pouring into the newly uncovered corridor and Pathos surfaces before teleporting back to Flippy's shoulder. "There's something coming..." the Abra utters quickly to you and the boy and, surely enough, a shadow forms in the new doorway. As the pokémon's form became apparent, the child gasped, "The dread pokémon, Absol!" He was correct, the sinister canine now stood before you, Pathos and the child.

    "MIMEY!" the small boy cried and, as he did, the Absol lunged into the balls, grabbing at the tiny Mime Jr with its poweful jaws, resurfacing with the poor pokémon in its mouth. Its eyes glinting, it remains where it stands, the tiny psychic monster squirming around in its mouth, "Do something, please?" the young boy turns to you, his eyes filling with tears...
    Just as Absol snatched the boys Mime Jr up in his jaw, the diddler quickly turned heel and wandered off into the hallway, ".. What do you mean I have to go back to Seaside, mother?..." muttering along as Pathos was left to deal with the boy. The diddler had never really been big on the whole heroism deal, but his Abra thought otherwise, before he could find his way out the door Pathos TELEPORTed in front of Flippy sending him flying back tumbling on the ball room floor with his psychic abilities. The sly fox let out a mischievous cackle before plopping himself back in to join the group.

    "Seriously Pathos? Whats the deal!" he snapped at his pokémon, a few tears trickled down his whale soft cheeks as he resumed rubbing his now bruised bottom
    ... pant... pant....pant.... Before he could brush off the dust that ha d collected when he skid across the floor, he felt Pathos yet again throwing his body through the air, bending him like G.I Joe action figure, then within a split second he found himself on his feet once again.

    Pathos sighed, "You're the one forced me to ask this innocent soul for help in our attempts at mystery solving, Nancy Drew! What kind of people would we be if we left him here, in arms reach of danger and such," he replied, understanding the boys' concerns pathos continued to walk up to him and put his hand on his shoulder prompting him to look at his smiling face as he said, "Don't you worry your cute button nose off, Pathos will take care off everything! Please don't mind that Mr. Grumpus over there he doesn't like things so lustrous like ourselves!"

    "I think we'd be some pretty smart people if we got out while we still have our limbs attached! You're crazy if you think this boy would show us any compassion if it were you that had gotten..." but before the diddler could finish his sentence, Pathos had already begun an attack on his own. Bending over an wiggling his fanny at the rabid canine he begun the TAUNT, then rolling back into a Sumerian hand-stand slurring profanities at the doggy...

    The diddler groaned, 'If Pathos only knew these situations with children and creepy places only ended in tragedy... Bless his soul for wanting to help thy little goofball,' he paused that thought. 'Whether I like it or we're going to battle.."

    Turning back to Pathos and the young boy, who's name he couldn't recall due to the green he had smoked out by the Merry Go Round. Why couldn't he remember? Or was it because of that other kid, from Glacier Island, had asked for help once, but before he could help any little kid the little devil ended up being a serial killing snorunt! How dare they take that crown away from me! I WAS ROBBED! I was the only person who knew where the body was, but wasn't able to tell anyone. WHY was he asking himself these questions that had nothing to do with his current situation. Maybe he was alittle crazy, or maybe it was the tragic death of his kitten Higgen's, at the tender age of eight. Oh Higgen's, I loved you more than a chicken eating worms on a Sunday brunch. The diddler looked at him for a moment before continuing, "If that doesn't work, try stealing him with EMBARGO, but I have a feeling it might attack and I think you'll be able to DETECT it well on your own."
    After You TL1: o2 W - o3 L - o1 D

  9. #109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl's Perap View Post
    The Underbelly

    AmrasMG

    With a quick recall of Idrial into her psychic ball, you and Rensing get ready to take on the humongous foe, a Honchkrow standing on the large dining table before you. As you utter a round of attacks to the puppy Houndour, Rochelle grabs your arm, "This is crazy, whether this Houndour has a powerful aura about him or not, that crow looks pretty fearsome." Rensing, however, ignores the woman talking to you and sets about beginning the battle.

    As the puppy leaps forwards, he begins to spew a hurricane of flaming energy towards the Honchkrow perched atop the table. When the fire begins to engulf the intimidating bird, it too creates a hurricanesque attack in the form of whirlwind. As the funnel of air tears around the circular room, Rensing fires a pulse of darkness through it, hitting the crow directly on its underside. Visibly angered by this attack and slightly damaged, the Honckrow jumps up off of the tabletop, flapping its huge wingspan before swooping down at Rensing, attacking him with a powerful wing attack.

    "Two moves not in an ordinary Honckrow's learnset, be careful..." Rochelle added as the fire spin damaged the crow slightly, causing it to seize up in an angry manner...
    Rensing squares off with the Honchkrow in front of him, bravely facing off a normally more powerful opponent with a determination that made Amras smile inside. Starting off with a fearsome Dragon Rage and Dark Pulse, Rensing's combo works very well, trapping the bird in a maelstrom of fire while knocking it around some more. Honckrow, however, didn't seem to have taken too much damage from Rensing's offensive, and quickly hits Amras' new puppy across the side, making Amras grimace as Houndour is hit. Regarding Rochelle's comment as calmly as he can while Rensing engulfs Honchkrow in a Fire Spin, Amras thinks about his next orders carefully, aware that he needed to press the attack even more.

    "Rensing, use Pursuit to track it around the room, then when you're in good attacking range, make some sparks with a Thunder Fang. Follow up with a Body Slam! You're doing great, Rensing, but make sure you let me know if you feel like you need any help!"

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chi-town
    Posts
    677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl's Perap View Post
    [I've decided to type updates up as one paragraph rather than the two, much like other ZAs]

    Mantine Mania

    -Hayward-
    With the two of you and the fainted Cacnea pressing onwards toward the aquatic ride at a heightening pace, you begin to lose your breath as you utter the same protective commands to Medeo the Meditite. Eventually, after several minutes of traversing across the eerie, abandoned theme park, you arrive at a tall blue gate emblazoned with big cartoonesque writing which read 'Mantine Mania'. It wasn't long before your psychic companion pulled you away from admiring the regal blue archway. As you follow close behind, you find yourself walking up a set of steps to a large platform. Alongside the platform is the beginning of the ride, several Mantine-shaped boats sit bobbing in the water channel next to the ride platform. "Med!" Medeo cries out cheerily before hopping into the one closest to the entrance. As you follow once more, clambering into the Mantine in a haphazard manner and placing the cactus pokémon alongside you on the cushioned seat, it suddenly jerks into life on its own, a water gate opens and the cheerful water ride begins. To begin with, the ride seems rather tranquil as you pass through the back of Miasma Heights, passing several of the other closed attractions, the moon lighting up the whole area. In the distance, you can make out what looks to be a small wood made up of a variety of different trees, some of which look rather bare. However, as you notice Cacnea's desired location, the ride makes a peculiar grinding sound and lurches to a stop in the middle of an open pond section of the ride. Suddenly, in front of the boat, the water begins to ripple violently and a large shape appears. As you and the Meditite squint, you see an oversized Slowpoke surface which gives you a wide and quite clueless looking grin...

    What will you do?
    As the form of the wild Slowpoke came into view, mere inches from their Mantine-boat, Ben bolted in surprise and Medeo instinctively positioned himself in front of the tiny Cacnea. But when he saw the clueless expression on the face of the Dopey Pokemon, Medeo relaxed and threw Medeo a quizzical look. Ben simply shrugged. “Do you think it knows we’re even here?” he asked tentatively. Now it was Medeo’s turn to shrug. “Maybe we should just ignore it -- it looks pretty harmless to me. Anyways, I can see the Decorative Gardens from here, and we still need to get Cacnea there.” Medeo nodded and Ben continued. Maybe you can talk to Slowpoke -- just let it know we mean it no harm, and that we’ll be on our way once we get Cacnea to safety.” The sooner they dropped off Cacnea, the sooner they could leave the park and continue their adventures elsewhere.

    _________________________________
    fb
    Last edited by -Hayward-; 11th May 2009 at 3:11 AM.

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl's Perap View Post
    [I've decided to type updates up as one paragraph rather than the two, much like other ZAs]

    The Merry Maze

    Tale
    Having made a decision and chosen to follow the right path, whilst at the same time issuing two more attacks for Friedrich, the plucky Corphish, you begin to move and leave the crustacean to hold his own. Turning around, you see the crab pokémon opening a claw, within which a sphere of freezing cold energy was gathering before he fires a bar of ice at the spectre. Recoiling in pain, the Ghastly hits the hedge and disappears to the other side in an instant. Not wanting to leave without making sure the ghost type pokémon had recieved the maximum damage, the Corphish opens the other claw, this time the crab begins to spew a flurry of magma bubbles at the hedge, from within which you hear the Ghastly cry out in pain once again. Having pulled off both attacks and not having the odd ghost on your tail anymore, the two of you continue deeper into the maze to the right. After wandering about for a while, you come into a square shape within the hedges. In the centre of the quadrangle is a rather ornate looking fountain. Upon closer inspection you notice that the 'water' within it is not water at all but more of a silvery smoke-like matter, swirling in a clockwise motion. Friedrich leaps onto the rim of the odd fountain for a closer look himself and the peculiar matter begins to swirl in a more violent manner. It isn't long before you believe you can see a small figure forming amongst the smoke and your Corphish companion edges closer to you, obviously slighlty unnerved by the whole thing. "Leave this place..now..." a dismebodied voice comes from deep within the smoke and a mangled arm appears, attempting to grasp at you and Friedrich. As the two of you step back, you bump into a sphere. Spinning on the spot, you look up to see Ghastly has made a return, looking rather battered from the attacks. However, this time, the evil looking pokémon has brought back up in the form of an unusually dark looking Misdreavus.

    What will you do?
    Ever the relentless brawler, Friedrich unleashed the two torrents of contrasting temperature, intent on felling the already weary Gastly. After having propelled the spherical spectre through a hedge with the Ice Beam, for good measure Friedrich continued his assault, firing heated bubbles through the new hole and striking the recovering ghost to augment the damage already caused. Satisfied, but only barely, he threateningly clipped his pincers at his worn-down adversary, before scuttling after his trainer, pride swelling within his exoskeleton.

    He found Oscar at another fork, tugging at his hem to let him know of his presence and success over the Gastly. Oscar, spinning to check their tail, established their separation from the aggravating ghost with a satisfied smile, “Fantastic, Friedrich. Once again your valour abounds!” Tipping his hat at the Corphish, Oscar opted once more for the right path. As they progressed, he had not anticipated the disorientating ability of a maze, and shunned the certainty of their being lost, determined that sustained progression could only yield a result after a time.

    As they wandered through the eerie hedgerows, Oscar spoke to his companion all the while, “Friedrich, if it wasn’t for you the team would be devoid of a role model, an example by which they propel their ambitions forward. I don’t believe in destiny, fate or any other metaphysical concept, but your presence here is valued, required. You are the backbone to a team of misfits, the most stalwart malcontent I’ve ever had the pleasure of encountering,” Friedrich scuttled beside him, looking ahead as though oblivious to every word Oscar was speaking - a possibility he simply disregarded. “This maze we weave through is more than just a maze, Friedrich. It is a representation, a symbol for the tribulations of life itself. That’s how I see it. Plagued by malignant spirits and impossible to navigate. We rely solely on luck, the choices we make are blind, answerable only to the retrospect as their results pan out - good or bad - before our very eyes without a moment’s warning. You understand, you ponder this all day in your solitude, I expect. That’s all we live, a life of blind choices guided by nothing, interpreted through notions of luck, fate, destiny.” He ceased his stream of thought, sensing that there was no requirement for it whatsoever at this time, particularly since Friedrich seemed to care not for a word he uttered.

    Eventually, progress was made. As the hedges formed a square, at the centre of which an ornate fountain stood, Oscar pondered over the possibility that the maze’s centre had been found. Were it true, this fountain was inevitably significant. He approached at a far slower pace than his unhesitant companion, who hopped upon the edge of the stone structure to gaze within. As Oscar drew near, he saw the unanticipated whirling of miasma in place of the expected liquid. Friedrich, sensing a foreboding turn of events, drew closer to his trainer, claws snapping anxiously by his side. When a disembodied voice ordered them away, the companions glared at one another. Suddenly, an arm protruded from the fountain, malevolently clawing at them both as if wanting to pull them inside. The two leapt backwards, Oscar frowning at the apparition and Friedrich viciously snapping away with his pincers, before Oscar’s path was obstructed from behind.

    Whirling around, he faced the roguish ghost he was previously certain that Friedrich had incapacitated. Slightly dilapidated from its received beating, its intentions appeared chillingly more hostile. Friedrich danced around the ghost, snapping wildly at it.

    “Go Friedrich, go! Use your Bubble, and transform it into Firestream. How has this spectre not yet been felled?!” As Oscar cried his commands, he was yet unaware of the Misdreavous that had also materialised within the vicinity. With a yelp, he suddenly acknowledged the dark spirit’s appearance, and swiftly anticipated danger. As opposed to attacking it directly, he spoke to the ghost - “Talk, foul spectre! Tell us the intention of your darkened heart. Friedrich, prepare yourself - guide your Firestream to this spirit, should she refuse a parley.”

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ankh-Morpork
    Posts
    2,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl's Perap View Post
    Miasma Heights
    The Deserted Theme park

    [Only five updatees at a time]

    The Circus Tent: Want to witness the show of a lifetime? Enter the Circus Tent and challenge the bloodthirsty ghosts within to a dangerous and challenging battle upon the stage. Defeating four in a row gains you access to the Champion - A Dark Pokémon whose identity remains a mystery as nobody has ever made it far enough to win. Beating the ghouls will no doubt lead to a very handsome prize, but do you have what it takes?
    Surveying Miasma Heights somberly Weebos pushed a button on a pokeball at his belt. Bright light shone forth from the ball for a few seconds and when it faded a dark and spiky figure was revealed. "It has been awhile since we've been out in the world Voodoo, this place suits you doesn't it?" The Cacturne slightly raised his head, eyes glowing with sadistic glee. Weebos shivered, "You're a freak Voodoo," he said to his pokemon, "come on lets get moving." They moved to the entrance of the park and Weebos looked around again. "Where to Voodoo?" asked Weebos, chuckling at the rhyme. The dark pokemon was silent and merely began shambling towards the circus tent. "Typically Circuses aren't your thing Voodoo, but here I get the feeling they're perfect for you." Weebos said as he followed his pokemon to the tent.
    PASBL
    Fighting Gym Leader
    TYRANIDOS KICKS ARCEUS
    Statistics and squad may not be up to date.
    Trainer Level 4 - KOs:104 TP:237.5 SP:15.5 C+ Referee
    38 - 21 - 13

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Posts
    2,019

    Default

    [Okay you three, you're staying with me and Fangirl, a new ZA for this zone, will be taking Tale and -Hayward' ^_^ - The same goes for the newly posted Weebos :3]

    The Tunnels

    Demon Skittle
    With your brief outburst at the man's Murkrow, he grinned, baring his teeth at you and the Abra. In the background, Ana whimpered, she actually appeared to fear her captor, which was a rather concerning thought. As the man releases a shadow doppelganger of your very own companion, Prestige, your Abra scoffs at the rather intimidating looking creature. With your reminder of him only being taller by an inch, the familiar white luminosity began to eminate from your friend and, as the form of Prestige glowed it began changing dramatically. In an instant, the white shape had grown taller and grown a fine mustache. As the light subsided, the man squinted to see the Kadabra before him, "An even more impressive pokémon, this things got great potential..." he growled, pointing a grubby finger at the now wide awake fox. After coming to grips with Prestige's spontaneous and rather humourous evolution, you give him several orders for his impending battle against the shadow of his former Abra. In an instant, Prestige leaps into action, making a large square of light with his light screen. As the barrier formed, the foe nodded towards the old man, disappearing in a quick flash. In an instant, the shadow pokémon managed to bypass the barrier, landing directly in front of Prestige. The tiny yet rather malevolent pokémon had began to conjur up his own Shadow Ball and, just before it was to be hurled at your Kadabra, he acts quickly. Firing off his Thunder Wave attack, Prestige throws the foe off concentration by causing an instant paralysis, the Abra collapsing slightly on the ground. Having gained this advantage, Prestige is quick to pull off his final command. Holding his spoon towards the dark foe, he shoots off a large sphere of darkness, causing the Abra to cry out in pain, despite it being an attack fit for a shadow pokémon of the Twilight Realm. "Ergh, wealking!" The old man cried out, kicking out towards the Abra. Meanwhile, Ana remains in her wrought iron cage, shaking the bars with all her might. Noticing this, the Murkrow fires off another Gust in her direction and the confused sheep attacks with her own Thundershock. "Seems like she wants to rebel now...very well..." The man uttered, motioning towards the crow pokémon who produced a key from his hat before flapping towards the irate Flaaffy. Soon, the sheep is freed and bounds towards you, grabbing at your legs in warm embrace. A bright light distracts you from this moment as the peculiar and rather freaky man places an odd stone on the Murkrow, evolving it into a Honchkrow. "Let's get this REALLY started, shall we?" With these words, the shadow Abra stands up and the newly evolved Honchkrow rests on the ground next to it...

    What will you do?

    The Funhouse

    Silver Wind
    With you questioning whether to just leave the place and let the boy attempt to get his psychic companion back alone, Pathos attempts to initiate a battle without you even giving him any attack commands. You and the young boy watch as the Abra begins to shake his stuff in front of the canine, taunting at it with all his might. Visibly disgruntled by this display, it appears as if you are going to have quite the battle on your hands now, with or without your say on the matter. "Quick, we need to do something now whilst we have the chance..." the child cries out, his Mime Jr. flailing around in a baby like manner in the jaws of the dark pokémon. With the Absol becoming more and more angry with Pathos' uncouth display of his behind, his release on the baby pokémon weakens and he drops it at his feet. Still in shock from the attack, the Mime Jr. cries out for the young boy before performing a perfect dive into the remaining balls. In an instant, the child leaps deep into the balls himself, grasping at the psychic baby with all his might. In the last seconds, the Absol leaps forwards, biting down on Pathos and throwing him upwards as it does, causing him to land directly on top of the baby and young boy's heartfelt reunion. You are quick to order commands and, as the now injured Abra regains himself, he grasps at the Mime Jr, keeping him as far away from the foe as possible, since he could not steal it with the embargo attack. Further enraged by this action alone, the dread pokémon dives towards Pathos and into the ball pit. As it gets closer and closer to your Abra companion, teeth bared for another bone shattering bite attack. In the last seconds, Pathos glows a weird hue of green and disappears, reappearing above Absol, having managed to detect and avoid the oncoming attack. With the Mime Jr. still in his grasp, the psychic pokémon tosses the baby back to his rightful trainer and the two scramble out of the ball pool and towards you, hiding behind you as they reach you. "Now, you need to attempt to get rid of this pokémon, he stole my Mimey and now he needs to pay..." Despite the boy seeming rather childish in everything else he had spoke to you since the two of you had met, this statement seemed rather sinister and, as the child spoke, he stood aside from hiding behind you, grasping his tiny hands into fists. Breaking the silence, Pathos brings the attention back to the battle, the dread was still very much present and he needed new battle commands....

    What will you do?

    The Underbelly

    Amras.MG
    Giving several more orders for the battling Houndour, Rensing, the puppy looks at you a little sheepishly but nods in agreement nonetheless. Running around the edge of the exquisite dining table, the dark pokémon covers himself in a veil of odd dark energy. Seeing this, the Honchkrow flies upwards, performing the very same action itself, disappearing in the dark rafters. With this, Rensing stops in his tracks completely, watching the circling dark energy above, the Honckrow making laps around the ceiling. In the split second the puppy turns to look to you for help, the gigantic mass of dark energy in crow form swoops downwards, ramming Rensing into the ground and causing him to yelp out in pain. Though the attack did not do much damage, the little pokémon appears to be rather fragile. "He seems a little different, like there is something on his mind..." Rochelle spoke out, breaking the tension as the Honchkrow swooped upwards once more, "Rensing, stay strong..." With this comment, the mafia crow let out a squawk, mocking the woman and Houndour in a rather condescending manner. As the Honchkrow got closer and closer to the ground, Rensing picked his moment well, diving at the dark flying type with sparking teeth bared. Sinking his teeth deep into the underside of the foe, it cries out in a bloodcurdling manner, taking quite a bit of damage. Despite this, the crow manages to regain itself rather quickly and eyes the Houndour, its beak beginning to send out froth-like sparks, having mirrored the last move and gained it itself. Darting forward the Honchkrow opens its beak wide and clamps down on the puppy's right back leg. Despite a lack of teeth to bite with, the attack is a success and leaves Rensing a little worse for wear. With one command left and the Honchkrow threat still rather impending, the Houndour runs at the foe, gaining as much momentum as he can as he slams his full weight into the bird, knocking it sideways. "Amras, I..I think Rensing gains a weird sort of power from these catacombs..." Rochelle highlighted, noting the fact that, despite having taken a number of attacks from a significantly more powerful pokémon by level, he was still rather pumped for more battling to ensue. Looking back to you, there appears to be a flicker of malice in the eye of your small companion. Noticing this too, Rochelle puts a hand on your arm, as if she knew more about the Houndour than you...

    What will you do?

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    u ess ay
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl's Perap View Post
    [Okay you three, you're staying with me and Fangirl, a new ZA for this zone, will be taking Tale and -Hayward' ^_^ - The same goes for the newly posted Weebos :3]

    The Tunnels

    Demon Skittle
    With your brief outburst at the man's Murkrow, he grinned, baring his teeth at you and the Abra. In the background, Ana whimpered, she actually appeared to fear her captor, which was a rather concerning thought. As the man releases a shadow doppelganger of your very own companion, Prestige, your Abra scoffs at the rather intimidating looking creature. With your reminder of him only being taller by an inch, the familiar white luminosity began to eminate from your friend and, as the form of Prestige glowed it began changing dramatically. In an instant, the white shape had grown taller and grown a fine mustache. As the light subsided, the man squinted to see the Kadabra before him, "An even more impressive pokémon, this things got great potential..." he growled, pointing a grubby finger at the now wide awake fox. After coming to grips with Prestige's spontaneous and rather humourous evolution, you give him several orders for his impending battle against the shadow of his former Abra. In an instant, Prestige leaps into action, making a large square of light with his light screen. As the barrier formed, the foe nodded towards the old man, disappearing in a quick flash. In an instant, the shadow pokémon managed to bypass the barrier, landing directly in front of Prestige. The tiny yet rather malevolent pokémon had began to conjur up his own Shadow Ball and, just before it was to be hurled at your Kadabra, he acts quickly. Firing off his Thunder Wave attack, Prestige throws the foe off concentration by causing an instant paralysis, the Abra collapsing slightly on the ground. Having gained this advantage, Prestige is quick to pull off his final command. Holding his spoon towards the dark foe, he shoots off a large sphere of darkness, causing the Abra to cry out in pain, despite it being an attack fit for a shadow pokémon of the Twilight Realm. "Ergh, wealking!" The old man cried out, kicking out towards the Abra. Meanwhile, Ana remains in her wrought iron cage, shaking the bars with all her might. Noticing this, the Murkrow fires off another Gust in her direction and the confused sheep attacks with her own Thundershock. "Seems like she wants to rebel now...very well..." The man uttered, motioning towards the crow pokémon who produced a key from his hat before flapping towards the irate Flaaffy. Soon, the sheep is freed and bounds towards you, grabbing at your legs in warm embrace. A bright light distracts you from this moment as the peculiar and rather freaky man places an odd stone on the Murkrow, evolving it into a Honchkrow. "Let's get this REALLY started, shall we?" With these words, the shadow Abra stands up and the newly evolved Honchkrow rests on the ground next to it...

    What will you do?
    "An even more impressive Pokemon, this things got great potential..." the peculiar old man growled as the pointed his finger towards Prestige. The newly evolved Kadabra played with his mustache as he twirled his new spoon in his claws, remarking, "Yes, I'm amazing, I know. It's a pity you couldn't see that, Alina, and yet he could..."

    "Just GO," Alina said, pushing her Pokemon towards his opponent and giving him his first orders. Prestige scoffed and stared down his opponent confidently before setting up a Light Screen, thus starting the battle. As Prestige worked on creating a Light Screen, his opponent disappeared out of sight, most likely in the form of a Teleport.

    "Two can play at that game," Prestige mumbled to Alina before the shadow Pokemon materialized right before him, bypasing the Light Screen. As it conjured up its own Shadow Ball, Prestige acted almost on instinct, successfully paralyzing his opponent with a Thunder Wave before it could fire its attack. Taking advantage of his opponent's paralysis, Prestige quickly created and hurled his own shadowy sphere, which caused the Abra to double over in pain.

    "Weakling!" The old man cried out, lashing out at his own Pokemon for failing to win this round. Prestige shrugged before saying to Alina, "No wonder he's so emo. You know, this guy is actually helping us by damaging his own Pokemon..."

    Alina wasn't listening, though, as she concentrated on her opponent and her Flaaffy, Ana. She felt equally sorry for both Pokemon, and would love to help them both, but...

    Just then another huge gust of wind was whipped up, this time to throw against the caged Flaaffy, who was desperate to escape and was trying with all her might to pry the door open. "Seems like she wants to rebel now...very well..." said the cruel man, giving his Murkrow permission to release Alina's Pokemon. Overjoyed, Ana bounded towards Alina and hugged one of her legs, as Alina gave a nasty glare to the Murkrow and his owner.

    "Let's get this REALLY started, shall we?" the man said with a wicked smile as the placed a peculiar looking stone on his Pokemon. Another bright white light filled the room, and soon a new Honchkrow stood upon his shoulders. The Honchkrow left its master's shoulder to join the shadow Abra on the ground, Ana giving it the nastiest glare the world had ever seen. However, Prestige seemed overjoyed with the thought of a double battle as he said "Aw, a hoochkrow has come to join us! How lovely, I can fry two Pokemon at once."

    Alina, on the other hand, hated the idea of a double battle, and would rather leave right now since her Flaaffy was now safe. Sadly, there was no way to easily escape the situation, and Prestige probably wouldn't let her miss a chance to expand his ego. So, with a sigh, Alina ordered "Prestige, attack the two with a Blizzard before Teleporting away and attempting to give the Abra another Shadow Ball. Ana, use Flash and Thunder Wave the Honchkrow. Give that bird a Thunderbolt while you're at it."
    "My pedestal was too high for me to climb off of. In fact, that's the reason for the high horse."

    Fizzy of Bubbles
    And Another Useless Art Blog

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Piplup
    Posts
    1,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl's Perap View Post
    The Funhouse

    Silver Wind
    With you questioning whether to just leave the place and let the boy attempt to get his psychic companion back alone, Pathos attempts to initiate a battle without you even giving him any attack commands. You and the young boy watch as the Abra begins to shake his stuff in front of the canine, taunting at it with all his might. Visibly disgruntled by this display, it appears as if you are going to have quite the battle on your hands now, with or without your say on the matter. "Quick, we need to do something now whilst we have the chance..." the child cries out, his Mime Jr. flailing around in a baby like manner in the jaws of the dark pokémon. With the Absol becoming more and more angry with Pathos' uncouth display of his behind, his release on the baby pokémon weakens and he drops it at his feet. Still in shock from the attack, the Mime Jr. cries out for the young boy before performing a perfect dive into the remaining balls. In an instant, the child leaps deep into the balls himself, grasping at the psychic baby with all his might. In the last seconds, the Absol leaps forwards, biting down on Pathos and throwing him upwards as it does, causing him to land directly on top of the baby and young boy's heartfelt reunion. You are quick to order commands and, as the now injured Abra regains himself, he grasps at the Mime Jr, keeping him as far away from the foe as possible, since he could not steal it with the embargo attack. Further enraged by this action alone, the dread pokémon dives towards Pathos and into the ball pit. As it gets closer and closer to your Abra companion, teeth bared for another bone shattering bite attack. In the last seconds, Pathos glows a weird hue of green and disappears, reappearing above Absol, having managed to detect and avoid the oncoming attack. With the Mime Jr. still in his grasp, the psychic pokémon tosses the baby back to his rightful trainer and the two scramble out of the ball pool and towards you, hiding behind you as they reach you. "Now, you need to attempt to get rid of this pokémon, he stole my Mimey and now he needs to pay..." Despite the boy seeming rather childish in everything else he had spoke to you since the two of you had met, this statement seemed rather sinister and, as the child spoke, he stood aside from hiding behind you, grasping his tiny hands into fists. Breaking the silence, Pathos brings the attention back to the battle, the dread was still very much present and he needed new battle commands....

    What will you do?
    great big boobies

    Just like he thought, the dark canine had lost all interest in Mimey and turned his attention unto Pathos instead, but only she wasn't being as gentle with the young fox creature like she was with the mime. With all the chaos that just ensued, Pathos managed to get his fellow psy into his rightful owners grasp, who had taken shelter behind the diddler. All this trouble over a stupid Mime Jr, oh why hadn't they gone to visit the Hotel instead, that'd be something to explore. The boy cried out, "Now, you need to attempt to get rid of this pokémon, he stole my Mimey and now he needs to pay..."

    "Listen kid!" he yelled angrilly. "Unless you plan on doing something to help right now I think you should just keep it shut, I don't know if you understand the severity of this prediciment we are in! So please, if you plan on jumping in and helping Pathos take down this Absol feel free to give it a go, but keep yourself hidden behind me if you can't handle it. 'kay sweet cheeks? Just a precaution, but I'd feel safer with another one of my Pokemon out for abit more saftey.."

    Unclipping a the typical red and white sphere known as the pokeball, the diddler released a rather odd sand turtle with a purpley blue shell and wibbly wobbly limbs that could tickle a Skitty to death. This was his prized pokemon that he cherished to bits, he was McDiddles, the quirky shiny shuckle that though he was a cat. Upon release the first image that he absorbed was the face of the boy and his mime jr companion, and he showed his displeasure in scenery by hissing loudly the the pair. Scooping him up swiftly, the diddler stroked his precious gently on the head. Whispering softly, "There, there McDiddles.. The little boy doesn't know any better, but you'll be here to protect us should we need it, wont you precious?" The shuckle rubbed affectionately against his wailer soft trainer.

    Turning his attention back to Pathos and Absol battle, the little abra was already awaiting his next rounds commands. “I suppose we could always try Attract her into liking you,” the diddler joked, “But perhaps a FATAL ATTRACTION would be best for now, am I right?” he stood still for a moment, considering all the possible ways to gain an advantage. Maybe if there was something to confuse the devil mon; no one had ever caught the Absol, how could they be expected to get them all on such short notice? It wasn't something he was really interested in, orders were orders. "Alright send some SWEET KISSes Absol's way before using a DOUBLE TEAM attack," he commented casually, handing a yellow colored ball to the boy.


  16. #116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl's Perap View Post

    The Underbelly

    Amras.MG
    Giving several more orders for the battling Houndour, Rensing, the puppy looks at you a little sheepishly but nods in agreement nonetheless. Running around the edge of the exquisite dining table, the dark pokémon covers himself in a veil of odd dark energy. Seeing this, the Honchkrow flies upwards, performing the very same action itself, disappearing in the dark rafters. With this, Rensing stops in his tracks completely, watching the circling dark energy above, the Honckrow making laps around the ceiling. In the split second the puppy turns to look to you for help, the gigantic mass of dark energy in crow form swoops downwards, ramming Rensing into the ground and causing him to yelp out in pain. Though the attack did not do much damage, the little pokémon appears to be rather fragile. "He seems a little different, like there is something on his mind..." Rochelle spoke out, breaking the tension as the Honchkrow swooped upwards once more, "Rensing, stay strong..." With this comment, the mafia crow let out a squawk, mocking the woman and Houndour in a rather condescending manner. As the Honchkrow got closer and closer to the ground, Rensing picked his moment well, diving at the dark flying type with sparking teeth bared. Sinking his teeth deep into the underside of the foe, it cries out in a bloodcurdling manner, taking quite a bit of damage. Despite this, the crow manages to regain itself rather quickly and eyes the Houndour, its beak beginning to send out froth-like sparks, having mirrored the last move and gained it itself. Darting forward the Honchkrow opens its beak wide and clamps down on the puppy's right back leg. Despite a lack of teeth to bite with, the attack is a success and leaves Rensing a little worse for wear. With one command left and the Honchkrow threat still rather impending, the Houndour runs at the foe, gaining as much momentum as he can as he slams his full weight into the bird, knocking it sideways. "Amras, I..I think Rensing gains a weird sort of power from these catacombs..." Rochelle highlighted, noting the fact that, despite having taken a number of attacks from a significantly more powerful pokémon by level, he was still rather pumped for more battling to ensue. Looking back to you, there appears to be a flicker of malice in the eye of your small companion. Noticing this too, Rochelle puts a hand on your arm, as if she knew more about the Houndour than you...

    What will you do?
    Rensing shows immense power as he faces off with the foe Honchkrow, exchanging blows of ferocious intensity. Amras flinches as his puppy is attacked by the evil crow, but is extremely proud as the little Houndour proceeds to attack his more powerful foe anyways. Rensing's showcase of grim determination and power holds Amras in awe before Rochelle's comments snap him out of it, and Amras takes a closer intellectual survey of the battle. Rensing indeed did look different, more focused and energetic than usual, displaying a sort of battle focus that Amras had not seen from his puppy before. Rochelle's unusual insight into the catacomb's effect on Rensing stirs a sense of trouble in the trainer's mind, and Amras whirls around to Rochelle after Rensing lands from his Body Slam.

    "Rensing, you're doing great, and I'm super proud of you! Keep up the offensive with a Heat Wave, try to direct it at where you used the Thunder Fang, then Dragon Rage! Follow up with a Thunder Fang!"

    "Rochelle, I need to know why you know so much about this area. Feelings of loss and any other emotions you're struggling with right now need to be put aside, if we want to survive this. I can help you with your problems, but let me in and help me know what you know."

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    NONYA BIZNEZ
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl's Perap View Post
    The Restaurant

    Psychopath
    Watching on as you use the coveted Revive item on the dragonfly and issue your next rounds worth of attacks to the tiny turtle pokémon, Oscar smirks. Victoria the Gabite looks back to him, revealing her sharp teeth in an awkward smile of her own. As Valor began to flail around on the ground, the Gabite looked on in a confused manner, your plan appeared to be working as she began to approach slowly but surely. However, the boy noticed that the Squirtle was merely luring the land shark close and he quickly barked a command, "Vicky, Earthquake, now!" As this command was issued, the Gabite nodded, leaping upwards in the air before hurtling back down at the ground, stomach first. As the dragon pokémon connected with the ground, tremors and shockwaves went in every direction, causing both tables to shake violently. The attack also hit the flailing Valor, who appeared to take moderate damage. Freeze the Weavile was the only thing not affected by this, the refereeing pokémon leaping upwards as the attack struck.

    Annoyed by the fact the opponent had gotten her hit in first, the Squirtle formed a large sphere of watery matter before itself once more, using its tiny turtle claws to launch it in the direction of the Gabite. A success, the water attack engulfs Victoria, leaving her dripping wet afterwards. However, this is not all, with this attack, the opponent's pokémon appears to have become confused as she runs towards Valor, spinning her finned arms in every direction possible. Luckily, your Squirtle knew exactly what to do, as the dragon pokémon got close, Valor leaped out of the way before returning at the opponent in a veil of water in the form of aqua jet. A quick attack, Valor bounces off of the back of the Gabite with his attack, dealing another nice chunk of damage. With this, Victoria appears to lose her confusion, but her hitpoints aren't looking too amazing, "Keep at it girl, you can do this..." Oscar uttered with a smile, a look of regret appeared in his face, in his heart of hearts, he knew that Victoria was failing...
    [Woah, It's been a while. Sorry about the lateness, but I realised I'd need more time and dropped out before. Now I have time, and PP said I could join Fangirl's group.]

    He couldn't believe it: Valor was winning against the land shark! He needed to keep his momentum going, and he needed to doit without any of Oscar's quick counterattacks. He looked beside him to Digga' and smiled. She would be so proud to see this! Wait, where was Digga'? He looked up, and there she was having not only gained apparent conscience, but also having gotten a sugar rush no Starbucks could ever give her. Tyson looked at Digga spin and spin, he was so distracted by this he failed to realise that Valor had no orders and that Freeze was glaring at him. He was so focused on her spining that he didn't realise she was changing, her two little front legs becoming arms, with real, usable hands attached. Her face was also changing, her antenae facing back and becoming darker than her overall face. Which was turning blue. Her tail was extending, along with her wings. It finally hit Tyson: She was evolving!

    At the moment he needed to get that out of his head: "Valor, use your sixe to get a good (Grass) knot around her legs and trip her up. Then as she falls Hit her with an Ice beam, If that isn't enout Ice punch her!" He needed to win, not just for his sake, but for the woman's as well.


  18. #118
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Posts
    2,019

    Default

    [An update for all of my updatees :3]

    The Tunnels

    Demon Skittle
    Despite your initial hesitance at the idea of a double battle, you decide on staying, mainly due to the Kadabra's Godlike ego. Issuing attacks to both Prestige and the newly freed Ana, you stand back, watching as the battle begins. Prestige begins the battle, throwing back both arms, almost dropping his newly gotten spoon. In an instant, the air becomes freezing cold and a small blizzard rips through the room, crippling the Honchkrow and slightly damaging the shadow Abra. In an instant, the Honchkrow was already on the ground, both wings highly frozen by the blizzard attack. With the crow now grounded, the bewildered sheep begins her own attacks, running at the bird before spinning around to flash her tail brightly in its eyes, "Touché..." the man utters and, as he does, the Honchkrow runs at Ana, attempting a wing attack. As the bird makes contacts, some of the ice shatters and damages the Flaaffy slightly. Not wasting any time, Prestige had already teleported, followed by the shadow Abra's own teleport. With the two meeting near the ceiling, they both charge shadow balls, tossing them at each other across the room. As the attacks meet, they fire off in different directions, obliterating holes in the walls. With his round of attacks over, the Kadabra resumed his position, it was Ana's time to shine now, after her capture. With all eyes on her, the Flaaffy put her arms together, forming a mass of electricity between them before firing a wave of thunder at the already impaired crow. The attack seems to work and the bird twitches all over, now grounded for definite. Not wanting to waste any time, the sheep charges once more, this time firing off a powerful and damaging Thunder Bolt. As the attack maves contact, the bird cries out in extreme pain, the electricity coursing through it at an incredible voltage, not good for a flying type at the best of times. With the attack over, you notice the crow begins to stumble. In no time at all, the Honchkrow collapses. [Lvl up for both Ana + Prestige] "Woah, that beast is more powerful than I previously thought..." The man gasps, returning the Honchkrow to its pokéball. "I shoulda put up a better fight, that thing would have sold for bundles on the black market." As the man chuckled, Ana began to spark furiously, obviously gaining the confidence to rebel against the man on her own, "Wanna play dirty, eh? Abra, obliterate this damn sheep..." In a split second, the tiny dark pokémon teleports in front of Ana, grasping at her before carrying her up and over, landing a powerful seismic toss attack. The sheep lies on the floor, gasping slightly, she still seems capable of battle though and the man only has one pokémon left, "Make your moves, kid..."

    What will you do?

    The Funhouse

    Silver Wind
    Letting the boy know how you feel about his childish ways, he quickly skulks off into the corner, still watching you battle, but keeping a safe distance from you. Despite his apparent moody moment, he still gasps in awe as you release the alternatively coloured Shuckle to stick at your side, should you need a quick defense. Turning your attention back to Pathos' battle against the dread pokémon, Absol, you throw several orders his way. With a quick nod, the Abra attempts to begin to attract the dark type in a rather fatal manner. However, as he readies the attack, the canine begins to pace back and forth, smirking in a rather antagonizing manner. It was its turn to taunt Pathos and the Abra seemed to be falling for it, his arms dropping to his sides. Turning to you, looking rather awkward due to not being able to attack now without the use of a damaging move, a product of the Absol's taunt attack. With her attack a success, the Absol leaps back towards the door she came through originally. Landing gracefully, she spins her head in such a motion, that her bizarre razored head created a powerful wind. In a second, it hit the Abra hard, knocking him off his feet. Behind you, the little boy whimpered slightly, Pathos being completely open to a potential other attack from the Absol. As you turn to issue the boy with a few more words, you see him throw the Mime Jr. towards the ball pit in a rather panicked manner. "Mimey, Teeter Dance, NOW!" He cried out and the tiny psychic pokémon nodded quickly, hopping into the centre of the room before ensnaring the attention of the Absol with its highly confusing dance. Pathos grins to himself as his fellow psychic pokémon manages to seriously confuse the Absol, the canine pokémon running into the still open door, rather than attacking the two. "Wow...it worked..." the tiny voice appeared behind you again. "Potential?" a high voice appeared in your head. It appeared to be the boy's Mime Jr, noticing you giving the boy a hard time, it obviously wanted the two of you to get along, he could be required at some point. Before you can even retaliate, the Absol howls loudly, making its presence known. You still have a battle on your hands, dealing with the threat would take some attack power...

    What will you do?

    The Underbelly

    Amras.MG
    Having issued several more attacks for the incredibly pumped Houndour, you watch the battle begin to unfold before yours and the woman's eyes once more. The little puppy careered into the centre of the room, leaping at the table, causing the Honchkrow to take flight once more. As the dark pokémon lands atop the table, he barks loudly, his whole body engulfed in flames before they are expelled upwards at the crow. With the flames nearing the bird, it cries out in horror, but it cannot move in time. The fire attacks damages the bird severely and it lands in the rafters, not retaliating at the moment. "Wow, that thing almost seems...scared..." Rochelle murmured, looking towards you with a puzzled look on her face. As she does, you begin to question her, with the battle on hold for the moment. "The thing is, I don't know an incredible lot about this place. I have been here for a number of months on and off, I'm looking for somebody you see..." She looked away with these words, obviously not wanting to look you in the eye at the moment. As the woman turns, you notice her hand slide into her pocket, removing a minimized sphere. In a split second, a red flash leads to a pokémon materializing before you, "Meet Malice..." The pokémon was a Houndour with a black collar. Without warning, Rensing careers past you, forgetting his battle to rub up against the other Houndour, "You see, this is Rensing's sister..." However, before the two can properly become acquainted, the Honchkrow swoops into action once more, flying directly at both the pups. Remembering himself, Rensing leaps up quickly, firing a burst of purple flames in the form of dragon rage. With this attack, the bird screeches once more. This time, though, it continues the assault, flying in with another wing attack. Again, the pup manages to dodge, landing on the huge crow's back. As the Honchkrow flies upwards, the tiny canine bites into its neck, fangs sparking like before. With a frenzied shake, the Houndour drops down to the ground once more. Looking on, you see that the flying type is beginning to falter, landing on the ground a matter of metres away, "Yes! The last attack paralyzed it..." Rochelle cried out. With the battle over for the moment, the bird struggling with its new body condition, the Houndour's reunite once more, "We can talk more later, right now we need to get rid of this foe, that door at the back of the room is where we need to go through!"

    What will you do?

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    u ess ay
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl's Perap View Post
    [An update for all of my updatees :3]

    The Tunnels

    Demon Skittle
    Despite your initial hesitance at the idea of a double battle, you decide on staying, mainly due to the Kadabra's Godlike ego. Issuing attacks to both Prestige and the newly freed Ana, you stand back, watching as the battle begins. Prestige begins the battle, throwing back both arms, almost dropping his newly gotten spoon. In an instant, the air becomes freezing cold and a small blizzard rips through the room, crippling the Honchkrow and slightly damaging the shadow Abra. In an instant, the Honchkrow was already on the ground, both wings highly frozen by the blizzard attack. With the crow now grounded, the bewildered sheep begins her own attacks, running at the bird before spinning around to flash her tail brightly in its eyes, "Touché..." the man utters and, as he does, the Honchkrow runs at Ana, attempting a wing attack. As the bird makes contacts, some of the ice shatters and damages the Flaaffy slightly. Not wasting any time, Prestige had already teleported, followed by the shadow Abra's own teleport. With the two meeting near the ceiling, they both charge shadow balls, tossing them at each other across the room. As the attacks meet, they fire off in different directions, obliterating holes in the walls. With his round of attacks over, the Kadabra resumed his position, it was Ana's time to shine now, after her capture. With all eyes on her, the Flaaffy put her arms together, forming a mass of electricity between them before firing a wave of thunder at the already impaired crow. The attack seems to work and the bird twitches all over, now grounded for definite. Not wanting to waste any time, the sheep charges once more, this time firing off a powerful and damaging Thunder Bolt. As the attack maves contact, the bird cries out in extreme pain, the electricity coursing through it at an incredible voltage, not good for a flying type at the best of times. With the attack over, you notice the crow begins to stumble. In no time at all, the Honchkrow collapses. [Lvl up for both Ana + Prestige] "Woah, that beast is more powerful than I previously thought..." The man gasps, returning the Honchkrow to its pokéball. "I shoulda put up a better fight, that thing would have sold for bundles on the black market." As the man chuckled, Ana began to spark furiously, obviously gaining the confidence to rebel against the man on her own, "Wanna play dirty, eh? Abra, obliterate this damn sheep..." In a split second, the tiny dark pokémon teleports in front of Ana, grasping at her before carrying her up and over, landing a powerful seismic toss attack. The sheep lies on the floor, gasping slightly, she still seems capable of battle though and the man only has one pokémon left, "Make your moves, kid..."

    What will you do?
    Cold air whipped through the room as Prestige projected his Blizzard attack towards the Honchkrow and shadow Abra. Serving its purpose well, the Blizzard froze the wings of the Honchkrow solid, grounding it for the time being. However, it didn't seem to affect the Abra much, that pain in the ***. Still, to Alina it seemed more of an annoyance than anything that could do her any real harm. Her real worry was the Honchkrow, as she was unsure how powerful the bird Pokemon really was. Prestige left the Honchkrow to Ana for the time being, Teleporting about the room, while the sheep carried out her own Flash attack to help blind the crow. A blinding light filled the room, which was successful in blinding Alina, at least. Two blinding lights in one sitting in one dark room... she really needed to stop ordering such flashy moves, and maybe have her Pokemon evolve in already bright places. Alina blinked as her eyes adjusted back to the darkness, hearing a crash and a sound almost like the shattering of glass. As Alina's vision came back to her she could see Ana stumbling back up to her hind legs, shards of ice scattered across the ground. Ana looked severely damaged, but all that pain wouldn't stop her from getting revenge on the Honchkrow. Meanwhile, Prestige was trying to find the opportune moment to fire a Shadow Ball. The shadow Abra was attempting to do the same thing with its own Teleport skill; Alina figured it would. They met somewhere towards the ceiling, each trying to fire off a Shadow Ball of their own before the other. Firing both Shadow Balls at the same time, the two attacks collided, ricocheting off each other and flying way off course.

    "Maybe I should have teleported again," said Prestige, ducking to avoid his own Shadow Ball as it blasted through the wall. Alina merely shook her head as she mumbled "You think?"

    Prestige teleported back to his original position as Ana charged up electricity between her paws. Once enough electricity had been charged, she threw the bolt in the direction of the already grounded crow, adding to its misery with yet another status condition. Now that the crow was completely defenseless, Ana began to charge up another electric attack, smiling wickedly and making sure that this move would be its last. In another bright flash of electricity, Ana released a powerful bolt of lightning which instantly hit its target, thus putting the crow out of its misery.

    Prestige backed away slowly from Ana as the odd man gasps, stunned by the sheep's prowess. "Woah, that beast is more powerful than I previously thought..." he began, returning his Honchkrow to its pokeball. "I shoulda put up a better fight, that thing would have sold for bundles on the black market."

    "Tch, why sell Ana?" Prestige scoffed. "A Pokemon that strong, you might as well keep."

    Sparks were flying from Ana as she thought of getting her revenge from being held captive for so long. The man merely smiled as he said, "Wanna play dirty, eh? Abra, obliterate this damn sheep..."

    Quickly Teleporting in front of Ana, the Abra catches the sheep by surprise, picking her up and throwing her into the ground in the form of a Seismic Toss. The stunned sheep gasped as the pain of the Seismic Toss ran through her. She was barely able to stand as she struggled to get up, but she somehow managed it, probably by being fueled by her rage and the thought of revenge.

    The wise thing to do here would be to recall Ana and have her get her rest, since it was risky to leave her out and hope that her moves would land a finishing blow. Prestige seemed pretty fit, on the other hand, having no damage done to him. The opponent was out numbered as well, giving Alina the upper hand, but the fair thing to do would be to return Ana for a well deserved rest and a fair fight...

    "Psh, this man doesn't deserve fair" Prestige said, apparently listening in on Alina's thoughts. "You can't deny Ana of her revenge either. She'll give us the electric chair later, if you do."

    Good point. Prestige was still in good shape, after all, and could protect Ana while she charged up a finishing blow...

    "Well then," began Alina. "Prestige, don't let that Abra come near Ana. Protect her with a Light Screen, and give it another Blizzard. Let's see if it can teleport away from a snowstorm. If it still gets too close, Shadow Ball it. Ana, try using Fatal Attraction to deter it away from you. I think it's a dude. Focus everything into a Signal Beam, and try to finish it off."


    OOC: By the time I"m done with this room it'll be an ice box. ;_;
    "My pedestal was too high for me to climb off of. In fact, that's the reason for the high horse."

    Fizzy of Bubbles
    And Another Useless Art Blog

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Posts
    2,019

    Default

    [I wanna try to be more on the ball with my updates D:]

    The Tunnels

    Demon Skittle

    Deciding to let the previously captured Flaaffy exact revenge on the odd old man, you issue an intricate set of commands to both your battling pokémon for their lone opponent, the man's shadow Abra. Ana starts things off by vibrating slightly, a dark pheromone beginning to eminate from her fur. As the peculiar scent travels across the room, right into the foe's nostrils, he becomes completely infatuated with the sheep. Attempting to rush forward and hug her, Prestige quickly sets up a light screen barrier, preventing him from getting any closer. Annoyed, the shadow Abra brick breaks through the barrier with complete ease, "Excellently done..." the man uttered, sneering towards both Ana and Prestige. Despite the defenses having been destroyed almost instantly, both of your team mates look to each other, a quick nod exchanged before they both switch their complete attention back to the Abra. In a matter of seconds, Prestige conjurs up a powerful blizzard, firing it right into the direction of the foe and Ana tosses her head back before returning with a beam of green signalling light. As both attacks fly across the room towards the shadow Abra, the man's face drops. Caught in a powerful ice attack, topped off with a beam of bug energy, the Abra screams out, maniacally. As the blizzard subsides, you see the dark pokémon fall to its knees before collapsing completely [Lvl up for Prestige] "Preposterous! Return, imbecile.." the man produces the shadow pokémon's ball once more and in a flash of light, the Abra disappears. "Well, you beat me, what more do you want?" With these words, the man begins scrambling towards the cage in the corner, attempting to push it below the gap through which you fell. However, as he does, Ana steps in his way. Bemused by your pokémon, he kicks out, striking the Flaaffy upon the face. Clearly not going to stand for such unnecessary acts of violence, the sheep begins to spark furiously, firing out a humongous bolt of electricity, right at the man. Tossed across the room like a sack of onions, he crashes through a wall, revealing a lightened passage, it appeared to be one of the tunnels leading back into the theme park...

    What will you do?
    Last edited by Pearl's Perap; 3rd May 2009 at 6:57 AM. Reason: Forgot 'The Tunnels'

  21. #121
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    u ess ay
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl's Perap View Post
    [I wanna try to be more on the ball with my updates D:]

    Deciding to let the previously captured Flaaffy exact revenge on the odd old man, you issue an intricate set of commands to both your battling pokémon for their lone opponent, the man's shadow Abra. Ana starts things off by vibrating slightly, a dark pheromone beginning to eminate from her fur. As the peculiar scent travels across the room, right into the foe's nostrils, he becomes completely infatuated with the sheep. Attempting to rush forward and hug her, Prestige quickly sets up a light screen barrier, preventing him from getting any closer. Annoyed, the shadow Abra brick breaks through the barrier with complete ease, "Excellently done..." the man uttered, sneering towards both Ana and Prestige. Despite the defenses having been destroyed almost instantly, both of your team mates look to each other, a quick nod exchanged before they both switch their complete attention back to the Abra. In a matter of seconds, Prestige conjurs up a powerful blizzard, firing it right into the direction of the foe and Ana tosses her head back before returning with a beam of green signalling light. As both attacks fly across the room towards the shadow Abra, the man's face drops. Caught in a powerful ice attack, topped off with a beam of bug energy, the Abra screams out, maniacally. As the blizzard subsides, you see the dark pokémon fall to its knees before collapsing completely [Lvl up for Prestige] "Preposterous! Return, imbecile.." the man produces the shadow pokémon's ball once more and in a flash of light, the Abra disappears. "Well, you beat me, what more do you want?" With these words, the man begins scrambling towards the cage in the corner, attempting to push it below the gap through which you fell. However, as he does, Ana steps in his way. Bemused by your pokémon, he kicks out, striking the Flaaffy upon the face. Clearly not going to stand for such unnecessary acts of violence, the sheep begins to spark furiously, firing out a humongous bolt of electricity, right at the man. Tossed across the room like a sack of onions, he crashes through a wall, revealing a lightened passage, it appeared to be one of the tunnels leading back into the theme park...

    What will you do?
    Ana glared at the Abra in disgust and it ran towards her, arms outspread to hug her, only to run right smack into Prestige's Light Screen. He scoffed for a moment, the punched through the light screen with a brick break, shards of light seeming to shatter instantly from the attack.

    "God, look at that thing," Prestige mumbled watching the Abra admire Ana at her feet. "It almost looks pleasant to be around."

    A disgusted Ana briefly looked to Prestige before the two nodded to each other and went off to proceed with their assault. Breathing in deeply, Prestige exhaled yet another Blizzard attack while Ana attacked with her Signal Beam, catching the Abra off guard. Giving one last cry of pain, the Abra fell to its knees, and collapsed on the ground defeated.

    "Preposterous! Return, imbecile.." the man says, returning his Pokemon to its pokeball. In a panic, he scrambled to fetch his cage and shove it through the hole which Alina and Prestige fell through before. "Well, you beat me, what more do you want?"

    "Well, for starters you could help us through that vent," Alina began sarcastically. "However, I don't think Prestige could fit, with his fat *** and all."

    As Prestige scoffed at Alina, Ana decided it would be a fantastic idea to mock the man, and rub in her victory. Strutting on up to the man, she stepped in his path, sticking out her tongue as she did so. Bemused, the man promptly kicked out towards the sheep, striking her in the face. Even though she clearly had it coming, Ana couldn't believe the man had the gall to actually lash out at her. Charging up another bolt of electricity, she fired it directly at the man, throwing him backwards into a wall, making it collapse. Once the dust had settled a bit, Alina could see yet another tunnel, and at the end of it, a small white light. Oh, light!

    "Oh, how kind of you to make an exist for us!" laughed Alina. Prestige laughed as well and commented "Yes, what a kind man. Giving us an exciting battle and even blasting a way out for us!"

    Waving good bye, Alina and her two Pokemon began their walk through yet another tunnel, which hopefully led to fresh air, and maybe a more "pleasant" location in the theme park...
    "My pedestal was too high for me to climb off of. In fact, that's the reason for the high horse."

    Fizzy of Bubbles
    And Another Useless Art Blog

  22. #122
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Posts
    2,019

    Default

    Miasma Heights - Between areas

    Demon Skittle

    With a rather patronizing goodbye wave to the man who had not only kidnapped your beloved Ana, but lashed out at her in ways no human should. Exiting the rather chilly room through the newly blasted open wall, you watch yourself as you step over the now-inanimate lunatic, both of your pokémon following closely behind. The thunder bolt had caused an opening through which light was oozing and, as you attempt to follow the luminosity, you find yourself out of the tunnels completely and back into the theme park itself. As you squint, regaining your proper vision after a rather long time spent below the ground, you glance around. At first, the park seemed as deserted as ever before, out of the corner of your eye, a figure looks to appear. Noticing you, the person, who looks to be a middle-aged woman begins to make pace towards you. In a matter of seconds, the woman is standing right before you and you recognize her slightly. Tall and slender with a mane of silvery white hair, carefully straightened. "Hello darling, would you be able to assist me in something?" Her voice is like the purr of a cat, just as elegant as her whole appearance. Behind you, you feel a tug at the leg of your trousers, before Prestige speaks into your mind, "Isn't she that Karen woman, from Johto?" In an instant, your mind whirs and puts the pieces together, the woman before you is the dark type elite four member of the Johto region, Karen, "Oh, might I also ask your name?" She adds, sweetly, smiling at you before looking down to your two pokémon companions...

    What will you do?

  23. #123
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    u ess ay
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl's Perap View Post
    Miasma Heights - Between areas

    Demon Skittle

    With a rather patronizing goodbye wave to the man who had not only kidnapped your beloved Ana, but lashed out at her in ways no human should. Exiting the rather chilly room through the newly blasted open wall, you watch yourself as you step over the now-inanimate lunatic, both of your pokémon following closely behind. The thunder bolt had caused an opening through which light was oozing and, as you attempt to follow the luminosity, you find yourself out of the tunnels completely and back into the theme park itself. As you squint, regaining your proper vision after a rather long time spent below the ground, you glance around. At first, the park seemed as deserted as ever before, out of the corner of your eye, a figure looks to appear. Noticing you, the person, who looks to be a middle-aged woman begins to make pace towards you. In a matter of seconds, the woman is standing right before you and you recognize her slightly. Tall and slender with a mane of silvery white hair, carefully straightened. "Hello darling, would you be able to assist me in something?" Her voice is like the purr of a cat, just as elegant as her whole appearance. Behind you, you feel a tug at the leg of your trousers, before Prestige speaks into your mind, "Isn't she that Karen woman, from Johto?" In an instant, your mind whirs and puts the pieces together, the woman before you is the dark type elite four member of the Johto region, Karen, "Oh, might I also ask your name?" She adds, sweetly, smiling at you before looking down to your two pokémon companions...

    What will you do?
    Alina had never felt so good to be out in the open air. Despite the uncomfortable stillness of the fairgrounds, it felt amazingly pleasant to be here in comparison do those dark and dank tunnels. Her eyes slowly adjusted to the light as she squinted to look around the theme park. It was still as deserted as ever, of course.

    "What should we do now?" yawned Prestige before stopping to stare at something off to the side. Alina followed Prestige's gaze, her eyes landing on a slim, middle aged woman with platinum blonde hair, which was carefully straightened. The woman was approaching them at a steady pace as Alina stood in place, dumbly staring at the woman. She seemed so familiar...

    Halting in front of Alina, the woman then said with an elegant voice, "Hello darling, would you be able to assist me in something?"

    Prestige tugged at Alina's skirt, whispering "Isn't she that Karen woman, from Johto?"

    "You're right," Alina mumbled, eyes growing wide. An Elite 4 member? Here? Of all places? She was a dark type user, if she remembered correctly.

    Prestige grimaced slightly, "Ew, dark types? I don't really like her so much now."

    Alina had to agree with her Kadabra, since she was a person who preferred Psychic types overall. Dark types were definately not her favorite, but still, how could she refuse to help an Elite 4 member. Oh, why couldn't that E4 member have been Will, or something...

    "Oh, might I also ask your name?" Karen said while smiling sweetly and bringing Alina back to reality. The young trainer blinked, and stammered "Oh, uh, yeah. My name is Alina, and sure, I'll help. What do you need...?"
    "My pedestal was too high for me to climb off of. In fact, that's the reason for the high horse."

    Fizzy of Bubbles
    And Another Useless Art Blog

  24. #124
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Posts
    2,019

    Default

    Miasma Heights - Between Areas

    Demon Skittle

    Having realized completely the identity of the woman before you, Karen, you quickly dwell on wishing it was another Johto elite four member, the psychic type user, Will, before answering her questions. With your acceptance to help her, the woman claps her hands in a rather jolly manner, her whole attitude not what you would expect from a highly powerful dark type user. "Excellent. Thanks for offering to help, Alina. I am here on a personal mission, rather than any official elite business..." she began and, as she did, you noticed her hand slip into the back pocket of her skinny black jeans. Producing her hand before you, the woman offers what looks to be a newspaper clipping. The title of the article she had carefully cut out read 'Miasma Heights: First fire, now Godzilla?' Noticing the rather over the top title, Prestige chuckles to himself before speaking out loud, "Godzilla, isn't he that big dinosaur thing?" Nodding towards the Abra, Karen begins once more, "If you read it, the article speaks of sightings of a rather large Tyranitar around these parts. Apparently it moved here with the park's closure, but no-one has managed to encounter it head on. That's why I'm here." With everything making more and more sense, you hand the clipping back to the elegant woman, "All I need is for you to help me search out the beast. I don't tend to believe in ghosts, but I believe the Fortune Teller's hut may be our best place to start, care to lead the way?" The woman motioned off in the direction which you presume was that of the peculiar hut, said to still house the spirit of the Fortune Teller who once resided there, reading people's future for a mere few coins. "Sounds cool, Alina..." Prestige whispers into your mind as he awaits your decision to move or not. In the vast distance, an echoed roar appears and, as it does, Karen grasps at your arm in excitement, "Did you hear that? I bet you any amount of money that THAT was the Tyranitar..." With the woman's childlike enthusiasm and high status, this is a situation that should not be turned down...

    What will you do?

  25. #125
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    u ess ay
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl's Perap View Post
    Miasma Heights - Between Areas

    Demon Skittle

    Having realized completely the identity of the woman before you, Karen, you quickly dwell on wishing it was another Johto elite four member, the psychic type user, Will, before answering her questions. With your acceptance to help her, the woman claps her hands in a rather jolly manner, her whole attitude not what you would expect from a highly powerful dark type user. "Excellent. Thanks for offering to help, Alina. I am here on a personal mission, rather than any official elite business..." she began and, as she did, you noticed her hand slip into the back pocket of her skinny black jeans. Producing her hand before you, the woman offers what looks to be a newspaper clipping. The title of the article she had carefully cut out read 'Miasma Heights: First fire, now Godzilla?' Noticing the rather over the top title, Prestige chuckles to himself before speaking out loud, "Godzilla, isn't he that big dinosaur thing?" Nodding towards the Abra, Karen begins once more, "If you read it, the article speaks of sightings of a rather large Tyranitar around these parts. Apparently it moved here with the park's closure, but no-one has managed to encounter it head on. That's why I'm here." With everything making more and more sense, you hand the clipping back to the elegant woman, "All I need is for you to help me search out the beast. I don't tend to believe in ghosts, but I believe the Fortune Teller's hut may be our best place to start, care to lead the way?" The woman motioned off in the direction which you presume was that of the peculiar hut, said to still house the spirit of the Fortune Teller who once resided there, reading people's future for a mere few coins. "Sounds cool, Alina..." Prestige whispers into your mind as he awaits your decision to move or not. In the vast distance, an echoed roar appears and, as it does, Karen grasps at your arm in excitement, "Did you hear that? I bet you any amount of money that THAT was the Tyranitar..." With the woman's childlike enthusiasm and high status, this is a situation that should not be turned down...

    What will you do?
    "Excellent. Thanks for offering to help, Alina. I am here on a personal mission, rather than any official elite business..." Karen began, passing to Alina a newspaper clipping entitled 'Miasma Heights: First fire, now Godzilla?'

    Prestige giggled to himself before stating "Godzilla, isn't he that big dinosaur thing?" Alina couldn't help but smile as well at the exaggerated title. Just the thought of a giant monster stomping through a theme park seemed rediculous. Karen nodded towards Prestige, continuing with her explaination. "If you read it, the article speaks of sightings of a rather large Tyranitar around these parts. Apparently it moved here with the park's closure, but no-one has managed to encounter it head on. That's why I'm here."

    "A Tyranitar, you say?" mumbled Alina, now intrigued with the whole situation. If there was one dark type she'd love to have, it was a Tyranitar. Handing the clip back to Karen, the woman continued with on. "All I need is for you to help me search out the beast. I don't tend to believe in ghosts, but I believe the Fortune Teller's hut may be our best place to start, care to lead the way?"

    "Sounds cool, Alina..." Prestige whispered, then added, "I still don't want to meet it, however."

    Just then, Alina heard a roar off to the distance then felt Karen tug at her arm in excitement. "Did you hear that? I bet you any amount of money that THAT was the Tyranitar..."

    Taken aback by the E4 member's childlike demeanor, Alina merely nodded, staring off into the distance in the direction of the roar. Once Karen had released her grasp Alina began to head in the direction of the fortune teller's hut, saying "Alrighty, let's get going. I'd like to see this beastly thing for myself, too."
    "My pedestal was too high for me to climb off of. In fact, that's the reason for the high horse."

    Fizzy of Bubbles
    And Another Useless Art Blog

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •