Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 150

Thread: Miasma Heights - The Deserted Theme Park's Recorded History

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Posts
    2,270

    Default

    [Updates for you two. I waited to see if anyone else would reply first, but apparently not]

    Game Shacks

    -Hayward
    With your initial attacks against the boisterous Cacnea issued, Medeo positions himself ready to attack. Looking rather confident, the cactus-like pokémon awaits the Meditite’s first attack with a grin on its face. Almost instantly, the Meditite leaps forward, slapping at the wild pokémon in an attempt to stun it, the plan fails, however and, despite taking minor damage, the Cacnea leaps backwards and begins to initiate a teeter dance attack. Swaying from side to side, the cactus smiles happily, waving its prickly arms from side to side. At first, the attack does not appear to do any good, but, when Medeo’s fist lights up in a fiery hue, he stumbles towards the Cacnea.

    “Caac!” the little pokémon cries, the fire punch would no doubt deal it some serious damage and, taking advantage of the Meditite’s confusion, the wild pokémon dodges out of the way. Careering past, Medeo lands his flaming fist on the game machine, leaving behind a rather sinister looking burn. Spying an opportunity, the grass type begins to pull energy from the fighting type via an absorb attack. However, as he regains what little health he lost from the fake out, Medeo spins around before lunging forward at a great speed, punching the wild pokémon with the speed of a bullet. As the attack connects, the Cacnea rolls onto its back, having been dealt a good hit. Despite this, the pokémon gets up with ease and glares you down and your pokémon companion down once more, it seems to be awaiting your next assault, having been able to combat your first with moderate ease…

    The Restaurant

    Psychopath
    Oscar watches on as, with your second round of attacks, both your battling pokémon start off the show in an instant. Digga flies upwards, approaching the suspended chandelier at a great speed on her supersonic wings. As she reaches the glass monstrosity, she rammed it with her head, causing shards of glass to plummet towards the Chatot. With this impending attack, Oscar issues a command, “Dodge, Dahlia…” and, as the miniature dagger-like shards reach the bird, she attempts to dodge. However, your plan appears to work as several of the shards of glass go undodged, buffeting the parrot and causing her great distress. Despite this, off of her own back, the Chatot begins to attack. Not leaving the ground, she throws her head and wings backwards as a cyclonic attack begins to form before her, ripping across the restaurant and hitting the Vibrava hard.

    “Good initiative, Dah!” Oscar smirks before turning his attention back to the battle; it seemed to be Valor’s time to attack. As the turtle pokémon forms its water energy into a powerful pulse of an attack, Victoria stands on, eyeing up her opponent, “Meet his pulse with one of your own, Vic, dragon pulse!” With her trainer’s command, the Gabite throws her head backwards, forming a similar orb of energy within her mouth and, as Valor launches his, she launches hers. Both coloured spheres meet in the centre of the room, the power of Victoria’s attack dissipating the water pulse, dousing the whole arena with a light shower. Not wasting any time, Valor begins coating himself in a thick mire before moving in to attack the dragon pokémon once more. Leaping at her, he grabs at her head before blowing a harsh blizzard attack from his mouth. This attack hits Victoria hard, causing her to roar in pain as her thick skin cools down more and more by the second.

    Digga, now recovered from the Chatot’s twister attack, swoops up and down, gathering static electricity from the air before making a beeline for the incapacitated parrot. Just before the dragonfly got in close enough to issue the zap cannon attack, Oscar uttered another command, “Attempt to use agility to get out of the way…” With that, the parrot nods, despite her ability to fly being temporarily disabled, she is still quick on her feet and manages to dodge the oncoming threat, Digga hitting the floor and wasting all her saved up energy before u-turning back to her original position, “Touché…” you hear Oscar whisper to himself…

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chi-town
    Posts
    662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl's Perap View Post


    Game Shacks

    -Hayward
    With your initial attacks against the boisterous Cacnea issued, Medeo positions himself ready to attack. Looking rather confident, the cactus-like pokémon awaits the Meditite’s first attack with a grin on its face. Almost instantly, the Meditite leaps forward, slapping at the wild pokémon in an attempt to stun it, the plan fails, however and, despite taking minor damage, the Cacnea leaps backwards and begins to initiate a teeter dance attack. Swaying from side to side, the cactus smiles happily, waving its prickly arms from side to side. At first, the attack does not appear to do any good, but, when Medeo’s fist lights up in a fiery hue, he stumbles towards the Cacnea.

    “Caac!” the little pokémon cries, the fire punch would no doubt deal it some serious damage and, taking advantage of the Meditite’s confusion, the wild pokémon dodges out of the way. Careering past, Medeo lands his flaming fist on the game machine, leaving behind a rather sinister looking burn. Spying an opportunity, the grass type begins to pull energy from the fighting type via an absorb attack. However, as he regains what little health he lost from the fake out, Medeo spins around before lunging forward at a great speed, punching the wild pokémon with the speed of a bullet. As the attack connects, the Cacnea rolls onto its back, having been dealt a good hit. Despite this, the pokémon gets up with ease and glares you down and your pokémon companion down once more, it seems to be awaiting your next assault, having been able to combat your first with moderate ease…
    In the deserted theme park Miasma Heights, the Meditite Medeo eagerly received his instructions. He was impatient to get the fighting underway. Knees slightly bent, the Yoga Pokemon’s gaze remained fixed on his incensed, cactus-like opponent. Just moments ago, the rowdy Cacnea had been prematurely roused from slumber when Medeo’s trainer, Benjamin Hale, had tried to snag a plushie from the old, toy-grabbing machine the Cactus Pokemon apparently called home. Now the irate Cacnea regarded Medeo with a mischievous grin on its rotund face. Amongst the abandoned game shacks that dotted the field of battle, Medeo sprang into action first.

    * * *

    Ben watched the events of the battle unfold with his grey-green eyes. At the outset, Medeo’s failed Fake Out attempt and the Cacnea’s taunting Teeter Dance; then the Yoga Pokemon’s confused stumble, missed Fire Punch, and the pudgy cactus’s retaliatory Absorb; and finally the Bullet Punch from Medeo that appeared to do little more than irritate the Cactus Pokemon further. With each unsuccessful attack, Ben noticed disappointment and frustration rise within his diminutive companion, especially as the sneering smirk on the Cacnea’s face only seemed to grow bigger and bigger. Medeo’s initial offensive barrage had been easily repelled and Ben knew that the Cacnea was taunting him. The jeers of the plump, miniature Cactus combined with the effects of the Teeter Dance had left Medeo visibly flustered.

    “You’ve done brilliantly so far, mate!” Ben exclaimed, complimenting his little partner in an effort to lift his sagging spirits. “But you’ve got to snap out of it! You can’t let your emotion get the better of you. Part of being a good fighter means learning how to handle setbacks and adapt mid-battle. This Cacnea is obviously more experienced than I first thought. We’re going to have change our strategy and be more cautious.” Noticing that Medeo still wore a slightly bewildered expression on its tiny face, Ben figured the adamant Meditite was still suffering from the effects of Cacnea’s confusing tactics. Dragging a hand through his short brown hair Ben thought hard to come with a plan. “We’re going defensive now, mate,” he remarked after momentarily considering their options. “We’ll let Cacnea make the first move this time. Try to DETECT what its planning and dodge. Then MEDITATE and BIDE your time until the effects of the Teeter Dance fully wear off. We can still win this, just stay cool.”

    The small Meditite nodded that he understood his instructions, and the black-clad trainer hoped that this round would turn out better than the last…


    __________________
    fb
    Last edited by -Hayward-; 15th March 2009 at 10:51 PM.

  3. #78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl's Perap View Post
    The Underbelly

    Amras.MG
    As you and your pokémon begin to put your plan into action, the opposing pokémon begin to approach you, getting closer and closer by the second. Within seconds after your commands, the little Houndour puppy barks before spewing several searing hot embers from the back of his throat, right in the direction of the net. With a scream, the young woman begins to grip hard on the sides of the net, her nerves getting the better of her. Whether she needed to be rescued or not, she didn’t like the idea of falling over a fire and hoping you would catch her. Little did she notice, the embers were lapping along the ropes and, before long, she began to plunge regardless of her personal wishes. Eyeing your chances, both you and Rensing get ready to leap in the direction of the falling woman, the dark dog pokémon creating a barrier already to protect you from the oncoming attacks of the evil pokémon.

    As you leap, your Gardevoir companion begins to initiate her own set of attacks to attempt to keep the seemingly manic pokémon at bay. Manipulating the fire, she spews it in the direction of the wild pokémon, causing them to back away slightly to avoid being burned. This gives you and the Houndour your chance to leap towards the woman. Luckily, as you leap, you end up successfully catching the woman and landing in a heap at the opposite side of the inferno. Panting, Rensing licks both of you on the face before watching Idrial and the wild pokémon. By this point, the Gardevoir was waving her arms in a hypnotic motion, it seemed like both of the pokémon were becoming quite drowsy and, as she finishes, the young woman speaks, “We need to get out of here, their power far surpasses what you could imagine…” and as she says so, you notice the wild pokémon, despite their drowsiness, both running in the direction of the Gardevoir. Luckily, her final attack sends them flying back in the opposite direction, but that wont hold them back for long…
    Amras' plan goes off well, Rensing and Idrial performing their parts admirably while he manages to catch the lady in trouble. Marveling slightly at the immense power Idrial controls, Amras' attention turns to the evil Pokemon, who have seemed to shrug off the effects of Hypnosis with an uncanny ease. The young lady quickly warns Amras and co about the danger they're in, and Amras decides not to test his luck, having just saved this lady once. Amras calls out his orders before hastily helping the lady to her feet, prepared to carry her if she can't walk.

    "Rensing, use a Dragon Rage to cause a distraction. Idrial, I want you to add a Flash to that mix, we have to draw their attention away as much as we can. Idrial, after you get off a quick Flash, I want you to Teleport Rensing, the lady, yourself, and me to that junction we were at before (you should know what it looks like). We have to be quick!"

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    u ess ay
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Sorry this took so long. :|

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl's Perap View Post
    [Updates for the world! Bar Rad Ed D:]

    The Tunnels

    Demon Skittle
    Pressing on in the direction that whatever had whisked the Flaaffy from under your nose had headed, you attempt to choke back your tears as best you can. With the faithful Prestige at your side, despite him spending your hard earned coins to teach himself a new move with no permission whatsoever, you feel a renewed sense of confidence. The tunnel seemed to last for a long time until you noticed it getting wider and taller, it seemed you were entering what was more like another storeroom. As the room grew, Prestige’s flash attack lapped at the walls, bathing everywhere in a strange abnormal light.

    I know this might cheer you up a bit, I can sense Ana is close… the Abra spoke, placing a claw on your knee cap. For the first time ever, he seemed to want to assist you without having to be asked firsthand. He began to examine the room himself, placing his claw on things every so often, which you could only presume was him looking for the Flaaffy’s energies or something of the like. Eventually, the Abra pointed upwards to what looked like an old ventilation system, I hate to tell you Alina, but I’m led to believe that whoever or whatever took that creepy sheepy, is well, down that tunnel…. Prestige walked back over to your side once more as you both gazed upwards, it didn’t have a cover over it, it just seemed to be a crawl space in the wall, you just had to be able to reach up to it first...
    Alina looked about the storeroom, confused and frustrated. For a moment she thought they had gone into a complete circle, ending up right back where they started, until she noticed that furnature and boxes were placed differently than the objects in the first storeroom they were in. Pristige nudged Alina's knee, saying "I know this might cheer you up a bit, I can sense Ana is close…"

    He began examining every corner of the room, poking things with a claw and moving on in silence. His trainer was growing rather impatient, and picked a dusty and old lounge chair to sit in as she waiting for the Abra to find any signs or clues as to where her little Flaaffy might be. Alina couldn't bear it anymore, and called out, "God, she'll be dead or something by the time you find anything!"

    "Hush. And I hate to tell you Alina, but I’m led to believe that whoever or whatever took that creepy sheepy, is well, down that tunnel…" said the Abra, as he pointed upwards towards an old vent. Alina stared at the vent, and looked down at Prestige, saying, "Yeah, so like. Where are you pointing to."

    "The vent, *******," said Prestige as he rolled his eyes. "Where else would I be pointing to?"

    "So she's in a vent."

    "Yes."

    "Yeah. Well, that's too bad, but there's other Flaaffy's in the world," as she said this Alina shrugged and turned around to head back out through the tunnel until Prestige dug his claws into the back of Alina's leg.

    "You're a horrible trainer!" he growled. "Won't you go save your own Pokemon?"

    "But... vents are so lame and scary," whined the young trainer. "They're cold, dusty, cramped, and gross."

    "And so is your sleeping bag, and you still sleep peacefully in it! Look, I'll be right behind you. My god..." Prestige promised. "But first... we have to get up there."

    They stood in silence for a moment, dumbly staring at the vents as if they'd come any closer to actually reaching them if they stared for a few minutes. Prestige turned away from the vent to look at his trainer's face, then back at the vent, and cursed to groaned, "****, I have to do everything." With his psychic powers he summoned a Pokeball from Alina's bag, the red and white ball floating from an open crack in the bag and falling into the palm of his hand. He tapped the ball once with a claw, making it grow to double its size, then rolled it across the floor to release in yet another flash of red light the Quilava, Ignatius.

    "You need to move around all this furniture here and stack it so we can get up to that vent." Prestige gestured towards the vent as said this, and also only said this to Ignatius so Alina couldn't hear his plans. He was sure that she would surely object to this idea anyway, since she was terrified of heights. Ignatius lazily scratched the bottom of his chin and sniffed, obviously not liking this idea at all. So he stared back at Prestige, question in his eyes, and wanting a good reason why he should do such a thing.

    "Okay look," Prestige began, growing somewhat impatient. "Alina needs to get up to that vent so she can save Ana-- yes, Ignatius, that creepy Flaaffy. Anyway, we can't move and pick up these things by ourselves and stack them. You know Strength, after all, so it shouldn't be too hard for you."

    The Quilava scoffed and then pointed towards the vents, almost in disbelief. Prestige smiled a little and said "Yes, Alina's going to have to go to through that cramped and small vent shaft. AFTER she climbs the big and unstable tower of chairs and tables."

    Ignatius began to laugh hysterically, and shook the Abra's claws with his paws, baring his pointed teeth into a crooked smile. As he went to work, Alina, totally confused, asked, "Wait, what's so funny? What did you tell him?"

    "He says he'll pay to see you go through with this."

    "WHAT?"

    "Oh, hush," Prestige said as he shook his head. "You'll see soon enough."[/color]
    "My pedestal was too high for me to climb off of. In fact, that's the reason for the high horse."

    Fizzy of Bubbles
    And Another Useless Art Blog

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    NONYA BIZNEZ
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl's Perap View Post
    [Updates for you two. I waited to see if anyone else would reply first, but apparently not]

    The Restaurant

    Psychopath
    Oscar watches on as, with your second round of attacks, both your battling pokémon start off the show in an instant. Digga flies upwards, approaching the suspended chandelier at a great speed on her supersonic wings. As she reaches the glass monstrosity, she rammed it with her head, causing shards of glass to plummet towards the Chatot. With this impending attack, Oscar issues a command, “Dodge, Dahlia…” and, as the miniature dagger-like shards reach the bird, she attempts to dodge. However, your plan appears to work as several of the shards of glass go undodged, buffeting the parrot and causing her great distress. Despite this, off of her own back, the Chatot begins to attack. Not leaving the ground, she throws her head and wings backwards as a cyclonic attack begins to form before her, ripping across the restaurant and hitting the Vibrava hard.

    “Good initiative, Dah!” Oscar smirks before turning his attention back to the battle; it seemed to be Valor’s time to attack. As the turtle pokémon forms its water energy into a powerful pulse of an attack, Victoria stands on, eyeing up her opponent, “Meet his pulse with one of your own, Vic, dragon pulse!” With her trainer’s command, the Gabite throws her head backwards, forming a similar orb of energy within her mouth and, as Valor launches his, she launches hers. Both coloured spheres meet in the centre of the room, the power of Victoria’s attack dissipating the water pulse, dousing the whole arena with a light shower. Not wasting any time, Valor begins coating himself in a thick mire before moving in to attack the dragon pokémon once more. Leaping at her, he grabs at her head before blowing a harsh blizzard attack from his mouth. This attack hits Victoria hard, causing her to roar in pain as her thick skin cools down more and more by the second.

    Digga, now recovered from the Chatot’s twister attack, swoops up and down, gathering static electricity from the air before making a beeline for the incapacitated parrot. Just before the dragonfly got in close enough to issue the zap cannon attack, Oscar uttered another command, “Attempt to use agility to get out of the way…” With that, the parrot nods, despite her ability to fly being temporarily disabled, she is still quick on her feet and manages to dodge the oncoming threat, Digga hitting the floor and wasting all her saved up energy before u-turning back to her original position, “Touché…” you hear Oscar whisper to himself…

    The plan had worked well last round, as not only had he done damage to the opposing pokemon, but he had also set up Valor to he could ambush the pink bird. "Valor, do not shake the mud off, we need the ground to be on you this round if we want to surprise Oscar." he looked at his watch, it was after midnight and he was getting drowsy, he needed to get this over with and retrieve the woman's pokemon. "Okay guys, prepare to attack as we are taking this full throttle!" Freeze smiled and nodded on the sidelines, he enjoyed how his master got into things and tried to get on with brute force. He normally failed, but it was joyous watching it happen.

    "Valor, I need you to get Dahlia and hold her down! Run up and hold her as tightly as possible and keep the mud on you. Digga' as Valor holds her down I want you to use Zap Cannon on the Bird." Both pokemon looked at him in shock, Valor in shock as he was supposed to hold her and would get hit and Digga' angered by the fact that he would even suggest this. "Relax guys, that's what the mud is for! The ground in it will take away the electricity from Valor's body, but not Dahlia's." They both sighed, they had confirmed their trainer wasn't crazy as they thought. "Digga, if Victoria tries to intervene hit it with a Dark Pulse. Valor, after you guys hit Dahlia aim at the pokemon with a wave you can surf. Then return any Physical attacks they might hit you with. Digga' end your attacks with a Tri-Attack towards Victoria and Valor aqua Jet the bird!" He was getting drowsy, and his judgement was becoming impaired.


  6. #81
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Posts
    2,270

    Default

    [Updates? Erm, hell yeah!]

    Game shacks

    -Hayward-
    Looking as pumped as it was when it had first emerged from the machine, the Cacnea grins at you and your battling partner. Despite it not having evolved, the little pokémon already seemed to be pretty sinister, despite its size and overall cuteness. As you issue your final attack for the next round, the wild pokémon takes no time in leaping forward for its first assault on Medeo. Whilst in the air, the cactus pokémon points both of its prickly arms in yours and the Meditite's direction, firing purple needles out of nowhere. Luckily, through his confusion, Medeo detects this attack and slides to the left with great ease, each individual appendage missing him by a good distance. It seemed like the temporary confusion had already worn off as the psychic fighting pokémon sat down from where he was poised, closing both of his large eyes and clasping his hands together in meditation. As he did so, he seemed to eminate an aura of power. Angered by Medeos not matching up to its physical attacks, the Cacnea fires more needles, this time each of them buffet the meditating Meditite.

    "Caaac!" the cactus pokémon cries happily, glad it has landed a successful attack. However, the attack did not appear to work its intended purpose and ensnare Medeo in a crippling poison. In fact, the Meditite looked cooler than ever, as if the attack had never happened. Re-opening his eyes, Medeos crossed both arms, biding himself for the next attack. Sensing this act, the Cacnea simply stopped moving. It appeared to have rooted itself into the grimy soil and slowly but surely was growing due to the various nutrients, despite them being few and far between. With its special attack boosted from using growth, the cactus pokémon looked slightly refreshed as it pointed an arm in the direction of you and your partner, awaiting the next onslaught...

    The Underbelly

    Amras.MG
    With your initial round of orders working out in your favour, you decide that escape was your best option in the current situation. Giving out your orders, a Dragon Rage from Rensing followed by Flash and Teleport from Idrial, the wheels of your plan begin to set into motion. The dark puppy runs forwards, spewing a flurry of draconic flame in every direction. Despite this, both of the opposing pokémon merely look on in confusion. Sensing it was her time, the Gardevoir threw her hands before herself and from the ends of her finger tips, another blinding flash attack came. This part of the order seemed to work out as planned as the Cacturne and Medicham squinted through the harsh brightness of the attack, both lifting up their arms to shield their eyes from its intensity. With this, the psychic pokémon had diverted as best she could and, motioning for each party to come closer, the air around the group began to become manipulated, waves of psychic energy appeared to be surrounding them and within a matter of seconds it felt as if they were hurtling through the air itself.

    With a sudden jolt, you, the mystery woman and your two pokémon appeared in a familiar location. You can't help but turn your attention in the direction you had recently traveled, the location where the two weird pokémon were probably approaching from in the darkness. "I didn't anticipate such a quick exit..." the woman panted, looking up at you with a smile, "The name is Rochelle, I heard rumours about this place and decided to take a look for myself. Silly of me I know..." she finished, still smirking slightly to herself. Idrial glanced at her, placing a soothing hand on her shoulder, despite how lighthearted she was being about the situation, the Gardevoir sensed her mind was in turmoil and she wasn't as happy as she seemed, understandable due to being kept in a net. "Hounnn!" Rensing nipped at her leg playfully and as he did so, the woman stopped smiling, focusing on the dark pokémon, "Is... is that pokémon from... down here..?"

    The Tunnels

    Demon Skittle
    With the usual pre-decision banters aside, Prestige takes control of the situation, releasing Ignatius onto the floor before you and explaining the plan of action. With a slight look of confusion, the Quilava begins to set the plan into action. Scampering towards the first load of chairs, he nudges at them to no avail. "Strength, Christ..." comes the Abra's voice to which the fire pokémon quickly responds with a scowl. He begins nudging again, only this time, he manages to flip a whole stack of tables and chairs onto back. Slowly but surely he begins setting them into place and the makeshift ladder-***-deathtrap takes form. Gathering one final pile of various furniture, the Quilava hauls them towards the already mountainous pile, dragging them up, down and side to side until the perfect stepping stones were in place.

    "You're kidding me?" Prestige eyed up the swaying tower and with his wisecrack came a quick burst of Ignatius' backflames before the exhausted pokémon lies down at your feet. Within seconds, the Abra replaces Ignatius back into his pokéball and looks towards you, "I call not going first..." he chuckles, holding out a claw and attempting to drag you towards the unsafe tower of various hotel furniture. Looking up, you contemplate leaving the deranged sheep and getting completely out of the tunnels the way that you had come, "Screwed up or not, Ana is your responsibility, get going..." came the sarcastic voice once more and with it, the Abra begins to ascend before you, sick of waiting. Despite his apparent laziness, it appears as though Prestige is rather agile, leaping from chair to chair like a professional ballet dancer. Arriving at the vent, he slides himself inside before appearing to fall asleep to wait for you to follow him in a not-so-similar manner...

    The Restaurant

    Psychopath
    With your second round of attacks working rather well, you list your next attacks. Processing them, both of your attacking pokémon begin at once. The Squirtle, still coated in a layer of slimy and not-so-nice smelling myre, runs at the Chatot before crashing towards her and pinning her down. "This isn't good..." you hear Oscar mutter as his face appears to drop. As the parrot squirms beneath the turtle pokémon's grip, Digga eyes her chance. Charging up the static energy once more, she fires it down at the parrot. As it nears more and more, the boy barks a command, "Vic, Dragon Pulse that Vibrava, now!" With this command, the Gabite follows Digga with her keen eyesight before throwing back her head and firing a pulse of powerful purple energy in the direction of the dragonfly-like pokémon. As both attacks connect with their intended foes, two shrill cries are heard. Looking up you see your Vibrava plummeting downwards. Landing in a pile, she appears to have fainted.

    Despite her demise in the battle, Digga still managed to land the electrical attack on the Chatot and it appeared she too had suffered a significant amount of damage and fainted, being the cause of the second loud cry. With neither of you expecting an outcome such as this so early on, Valor and Victoria stand off, eyeing each other up. "Return, Dahlia, your time was short lived but you did me proud nontheless..." Oscar whispers to the fainted parrot, returning her to her pokéball for a period of rest. Standing up properly, he looks to you once more, "One on one is always more...tense.." he spoke with a large grin forming on his face. In unison, the Gabite grinned too, both trainer and pokémon looking rather confident despite losing one of their team mates to a harsh blow. Not wasting any more time, Valor presses both front claws to the ground, closing his eyes before a large wave began to appear from nowhere, eminating from the ground. As he took to the top of this wave, approaching the dragon pokémon, he gave his own smile. "Vic, dear, I want you to leap right on into that oncoming wave and form a twister..." Oscar seemed to be ordering his attacks properly now, rather than just uttering them when necessary. After he had issued the attack, the wave getting closer and closer, Victoria ran headlong into it before throwing her head and claws backwards, turning the water energy into a horrific typhoon. After the two moves collide and eventually dissipate, both pokémon are left having taken similar levels of damage...

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chi-town
    Posts
    662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl's Perap View Post


    Game shacks

    -Hayward-
    Looking as pumped as it was when it had first emerged from the machine, the Cacnea grins at you and your battling partner. Despite it not having evolved, the little pokémon already seemed to be pretty sinister, despite its size and overall cuteness. As you issue your final attack for the next round, the wild pokémon takes no time in leaping forward for its first assault on Medeo. Whilst in the air, the cactus pokémon points both of its prickly arms in yours and the Meditite's direction, firing purple needles out of nowhere. Luckily, through his confusion, Medeo detects this attack and slides to the left with great ease, each individual appendage missing him by a good distance. It seemed like the temporary confusion had already worn off as the psychic fighting pokémon sat down from where he was poised, closing both of his large eyes and clasping his hands together in meditation. As he did so, he seemed to eminate an aura of power. Angered by Medeos not matching up to its physical attacks, the Cacnea fires more needles, this time each of them buffet the meditating Meditite.

    "Caaac!" the cactus pokémon cries happily, glad it has landed a successful attack. However, the attack did not appear to work its intended purpose and ensnare Medeo in a crippling poison. In fact, the Meditite looked cooler than ever, as if the attack had never happened. Re-opening his eyes, Medeos crossed both arms, biding himself for the next attack. Sensing this act, the Cacnea simply stopped moving. It appeared to have rooted itself into the grimy soil and slowly but surely was growing due to the various nutrients, despite them being few and far between. With its special attack boosted from using growth, the cactus pokémon looked slightly refreshed as it pointed an arm in the direction of you and your partner, awaiting the next onslaught...


    On a battlefield dotted with Game Shacks in the deserted theme park Miasma Heights, the Trainer Benjamin Hale watched as the events of the battle unfolded before his grey-green eyes. As Ben had hoped, the wild Cacnea had rushed to attack, firing a barrage of toxic needles from the tips of its spiky arms in Medeo’s direction. Despite his confusion, Medeo’s psychic abilities had enabled him to DETECT the Cactus Pokemon’s initial onslaught, further angering the already irritated Cacnea. Medeo shook his tiny, onion-shaped head rapidly from side-to-side, and Ben breathed out a grateful sigh as he realized the Yoga Pokemon had snapped out of his confusion.

    Recalling his trainer’s counsel to remain cool, Medeo calmly sat down cross-legged on the grass, adopting the Lotad Position. Eyes closed, hands clasped tightly together, the Meditite’s tiny fingers raced through a series of intricate finger gestures, known as Mindfulness Jutsu. Ben watched as a faint aura surrounded Medeo, and the teenager realized that Medeo was attempting to elevate his attack power by raising his consciousness of their surroundings. So focused was the Yoga Pokemon’s concentration that he didn’t even budge as the incensed Cacnea fired off another salvo of poison-tipped needles, and let out a celebratory “Caaac!”

    Ben breathed out a grateful sigh as he saw that his diminutive companion had avoided the lethal effects of the noxious needles. Medeo’s eyes suddenly snapped open and crossing his arms in the Heavenly Squirtle Resistance kung-fu stance he braced himself, biding time until the plump cactus’s next attack. However, the strike never came, as the quick-thinking Cacnea, had opted to raise its own fighting power through a process of growth acceleration. With an invigorated look on its rotund, little face, the wild Cacnea pointed a mocking arm in Medeo’s direction, taunting the small Meditite to make the next move.

    Dragging a hand through his short brown hair, Ben thought hard to come up with another strategy. Up til now, the clever Cacnea had fairly easily rebuffed all of their attacks. Not only that, but it seemed to Ben that Medeo had suffered the majority of the damage and could probably use a pick-me-up. “Brilliant work so far, mate,” the black-clad trainer complimented his loyal partner. “Surround yourself with an AQUA RING, then hit Cacnea with a DRAIN PUNCH.” Medeo nodded his understanding, and Ben continued, “Look sharp, keep your cool, and be ready to defend with DETECT.” The small Meditite fixed his steely gaze on the jeering Cacnea and readied himself for the next round...


    __________________
    fb
    Last edited by -Hayward-; 25th May 2009 at 6:51 PM.

  8. #83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl's Perap View Post

    The Underbelly

    Amras.MG
    With your initial round of orders working out in your favour, you decide that escape was your best option in the current situation. Giving out your orders, a Dragon Rage from Rensing followed by Flash and Teleport from Idrial, the wheels of your plan begin to set into motion. The dark puppy runs forwards, spewing a flurry of draconic flame in every direction. Despite this, both of the opposing pokémon merely look on in confusion. Sensing it was her time, the Gardevoir threw her hands before herself and from the ends of her finger tips, another blinding flash attack came. This part of the order seemed to work out as planned as the Cacturne and Medicham squinted through the harsh brightness of the attack, both lifting up their arms to shield their eyes from its intensity. With this, the psychic pokémon had diverted as best she could and, motioning for each party to come closer, the air around the group began to become manipulated, waves of psychic energy appeared to be surrounding them and within a matter of seconds it felt as if they were hurtling through the air itself.

    With a sudden jolt, you, the mystery woman and your two pokémon appeared in a familiar location. You can't help but turn your attention in the direction you had recently traveled, the location where the two weird pokémon were probably approaching from in the darkness. "I didn't anticipate such a quick exit..." the woman panted, looking up at you with a smile, "The name is Rochelle, I heard rumours about this place and decided to take a look for myself. Silly of me I know..." she finished, still smirking slightly to herself. Idrial glanced at her, placing a soothing hand on her shoulder, despite how lighthearted she was being about the situation, the Gardevoir sensed her mind was in turmoil and she wasn't as happy as she seemed, understandable due to being kept in a net. "Hounnn!" Rensing nipped at her leg playfully and as he did so, the woman stopped smiling, focusing on the dark pokémon, "Is... is that pokémon from... down here..?"
    Amras' plan goes off well, Houndour drawing attention away from the evil Pokemon while Gardevoir Flashes them. Grabbing the lady, Amras, Rensing, and Idrial are Teleported to the branch in the cavern in the nick of time, the lady gasping at the unexpectedly quick departure from her previous death cavern. Amras glances down the corridor anxiously, fully expecting the duo to chase them, and quickly thinks of a way to protect themselves while the lady pulls out of probable shock. Amras looks worriedly at the lady as she introduces herself as Rochelle, and nods in understanding while she explains why she was down in the Underbelly in the first place. Amras notices Idrial's comforting move and immediately catches on to the implications; she's in emotional pain. Taking Rochelle's hand, Amras introduces himself, and quickly tells her that she'll be safe with them. Rensing begins to act like the puppy he is, and Amras notices the woman's adverse reaction to his origin, understandable due to her circumstance. The trainer stands up, reaching out his hand to Rochelle as an offering for support, and quickly gives her a rundown on the situation, right after giving Idrial a quick order.

    "Idrial, will you please collapse the tunnel to the cavern we just left with a Psychic? We need to get moving down the other tunnel and away from those Pokemon, although I have a feeling we'll have to face them eventually."

    "Ma'am, this Houndour is the reason we were able to save you. I captured him at the entrance to this ride, and he's lead us down the caverns very faithfully, and I fully trust him. I understand your hesitation to be near a Pokemon from these caverns due to being captured, but we honestly don't have time to dwell on that right now. Those Pokemon may be slowed down by Idrial's cave-in, but it will not stop them. We need to get moving, and if you don't have the strength to move, I'd be happy to support you down the tunnel. While we're moving, I have to ask you... did you meet an old lady before entering the Underbelly?"

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    NONYA BIZNEZ
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl's Perap View Post
    [Updates? Erm, hell yeah!]

    The Restaurant

    Psychopath
    With your second round of attacks working rather well, you list your next attacks. Processing them, both of your attacking pokémon begin at once. The Squirtle, still coated in a layer of slimy and not-so-nice smelling myre, runs at the Chatot before crashing towards her and pinning her down. "This isn't good..." you hear Oscar mutter as his face appears to drop. As the parrot squirms beneath the turtle pokémon's grip, Digga eyes her chance. Charging up the static energy once more, she fires it down at the parrot. As it nears more and more, the boy barks a command, "Vic, Dragon Pulse that Vibrava, now!" With this command, the Gabite follows Digga with her keen eyesight before throwing back her head and firing a pulse of powerful purple energy in the direction of the dragonfly-like pokémon. As both attacks connect with their intended foes, two shrill cries are heard. Looking up you see your Vibrava plummeting downwards. Landing in a pile, she appears to have fainted.

    Despite her demise in the battle, Digga still managed to land the electrical attack on the Chatot and it appeared she too had suffered a significant amount of damage and fainted, being the cause of the second loud cry. With neither of you expecting an outcome such as this so early on, Valor and Victoria stand off, eyeing each other up. "Return, Dahlia, your time was short lived but you did me proud nontheless..." Oscar whispers to the fainted parrot, returning her to her pokéball for a period of rest. Standing up properly, he looks to you once more, "One on one is always more...tense.." he spoke with a large grin forming on his face. In unison, the Gabite grinned too, both trainer and pokémon looking rather confident despite losing one of their team mates to a harsh blow. Not wasting any more time, Valor presses both front claws to the ground, closing his eyes before a large wave began to appear from nowhere, eminating from the ground. As he took to the top of this wave, approaching the dragon pokémon, he gave his own smile. "Vic, dear, I want you to leap right on into that oncoming wave and form a twister..." Oscar seemed to be ordering his attacks properly now, rather than just uttering them when necessary. After he had issued the attack, the wave getting closer and closer, Victoria ran headlong into it before throwing her head and claws backwards, turning the water energy into a horrific typhoon. After the two moves collide and eventually dissipate, both pokémon are left having taken similar levels of damage...

    Looking at the results of the last round Tyson realised the outcome wasn't as great as the price. For one, Digga' was out, Valor was the only one left against the shark dragon. He would need strategy to win the next round, not just brute force. He would get to that later, at the moment he needed to move Digga' out of the field. "Hold on Oscar." He ran up to where the ground pokemon layed. He groaned as he picked her up, she was middle sized, but surprisingly heavy. He walked back to the table and placed her on top of it. He dug in his backpack, first he brought out a pokedex and put it aside "I'll need this later," he then came up with a Revive, "There we go." He opened up Digga's mouth and sprayed the soft liquid into it, she began groaning as her conciousness returned, it would take a while but Digga would be okay. "Back to battling." He picked up his pokedex and aimed the scanner at the Gabite, information rushed to him as he spoke to Valor.

    "Well, your opponent is four times your size and it outmatches you in attack, but you outmatch it in all defence. We need to take advantage of this if we are going to defeat it. Also it looks like it can't naturally learn Electric or Grass attacks, but we need to be wary of it knowing any TMs it might know. Luckily it has considerably more damage from the earlier Blizzard attack." He thought for a second and came up with a strategy. Let's bloat up its ego. "Valor, take it easy, make yourself look weak." He whispered this to his pokemon, as it had come up close to its trainer, both in fear of its opponent and lack of orders. "Flail around and let it get close, if you can hit it use water pulse, if its about to hit you get out of the way and hit it with an aqua jet. This is to test it for weaknesses so don't use too much of your energy."

    Come on Valor, you can do this.


    Last edited by Psychopath; 20th March 2009 at 1:00 AM.


  10. #85
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    507

    Default

    Merry-Go-Round: Looks just like a normal Merry-Go-Round right? Think again. Take the trip of a lifetime... or maybe just your life, and see what mysteries live within the maze beneath the Merry-Go-Round. Not such a fun-filled looking ride now is it?
    I saw your comment in UPN TO, I hope it's alright for me to throw myself into this adventure...


    Never had he experienced such an incomparable emanation of malevolence. As he walked, mesmerised, through the ghostly metropolis of faded colours and lifeless lights, the ethereal presence permeating this horrific setting hung thick in the air. He struggled to conceive of a more thrilling prospect of danger. During his journeys, the degree of danger was never as palpable as that which cursed this chilling fairground. Here, his penchant for peril threatened to submit to fear. Here, he experienced a novel vulnerability to which he was not accustomed.

    Sidling through the eerie maze without daring to allow his eyes the opportunity to peer from behind the rim of his hat, he pinched his goatee for comfort, and dipped into the pocket of his pinstriped trousers to ascertain the sustained presence of his companions. Before long, his path was forced to a halt as a, obstructing structure stood like a spectral body, a deathly vivacity surrounding its very presence. He speculated the consequences of engaging with this treacherous fairground, before concluding that such consequences could never be deduced from such an unequivocal mystery. Subsequently, he opted for first-hand discovery, and contact with the unsettling structures of the fairground would inevitably be the required course of action should one desire to witness its distressing mysteries.

    Baring that in mind, Oscar stepped forwards and clambered upon the Merry-Go-Round, taking a seat upon one of its models. Glancing up, he awaited his penalty.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Piplup
    Posts
    2,475

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl's Perap View Post
    Miasma Heights


    The Funhouse: The name speaks for itself, though, the fun you'll have might not be the sort of fun you are acquainted with. A strange entity exists in the building which seems to emanate evil from the walls and floors, causing even the most nimble of trainers to have trouble keeping their balance in the various trick rooms. Despite it seeming like any usual funhouse, this one is renowned for how easy it is to get lost within it’s various rooms and even contains rooms that you don’t know are there…until it is too late.
    Stumbling past the rusted gates of the former world renowned Miasma Heights, the once infamous scoundrel of Seaside City had found himself lost; unaware of the wicked place he had come across. Only known as ‘The Diddler’, he roams the land in search of any elderly that have been misbehaving, and often engages them in a tooth loosening battles. This public vendetta against the youthfully handicapped is a heartrending tale of worship and slaughter, a burning fury that had been uncovered only by the untimely death of his Mother. Long story short, he had awakened one Christmas morning to find his dear mother viciously molested. The police reported multiple wheel burns on her skin, gold bond medicated powder spread throughout the house, and an Members Card for Senior Discounts at McDonalds. It was thought to be committed by the notorious ‘Tranny Grannies.” This was when he was known as Flippy McGee, of the McGee Porn Industry. You see, Ms. McGee was a porn star, working tricks to support her ailing 15 children.

    “A parent's slip in the bathroom or a collision caused by a mistake in the driver's seat can precipitate a deluge of anguished decisions and rapid changes you're not ready to handle. Suddenly, you could be scrambling to locate account numbers to pay Mom's bills while she's in the hospital, tangling with her insurance company to figure out why coverage for an X-ray was denied, and consulting with your brother—who lives three states away—about getting Mom into an assisted-living facility. You grapple with guilt because your mother never wanted to move out of her home, but now her condition leaves little choice. As the drama plays out, you're also trying to stay afloat at work and look after your other dependents, the kids...” he mumbled to himself...

    Flippy took another quick look at his surroundings, before taking out a couple of his Pokéball, and releasing one of his Pokémon. When the light had faded, his only Pokémon left was Pathos. The young Abra bounded around for a little bit, before walking up to Flippy, and nodding, almost as if he knew she would be the voice of direction. Flip smiled at his determination, and knelt down next to him. He then took one last look around, before scooping him up into his arms.

    “I don’t we’ve ever been here before, Pathos. Seems kinda spooky, dontcha think?” The Diddler chuckled. A light trickle falls from the sky as a youngster and an whopping fox-creature make their way through the disheveled grounds of the Theme Park.

    “It’s a tad chilly…” the fox yawned to Flippy, clearly becoming impatient at the current weather situation. Not wanting to waste anymore time, the duo wandered off in the direction of the Fun House, out to explore this new fizzy region.
    Last edited by Silver Wind; 22nd March 2009 at 6:46 PM.
    After You TL1: o2 W - o3 L - o1 D

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    u ess ay
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl's Perap View Post
    The Tunnels

    Demon Skittle
    With the usual pre-decision banters aside, Prestige takes control of the situation, releasing Ignatius onto the floor before you and explaining the plan of action. With a slight look of confusion, the Quilava begins to set the plan into action. Scampering towards the first load of chairs, he nudges at them to no avail. "Strength, Christ..." comes the Abra's voice to which the fire pokémon quickly responds with a scowl. He begins nudging again, only this time, he manages to flip a whole stack of tables and chairs onto back. Slowly but surely he begins setting them into place and the makeshift ladder-***-deathtrap takes form. Gathering one final pile of various furniture, the Quilava hauls them towards the already mountainous pile, dragging them up, down and side to side until the perfect stepping stones were in place.

    "You're kidding me?" Prestige eyed up the swaying tower and with his wisecrack came a quick burst of Ignatius' backflames before the exhausted pokémon lies down at your feet. Within seconds, the Abra replaces Ignatius back into his pokéball and looks towards you, "I call not going first..." he chuckles, holding out a claw and attempting to drag you towards the unsafe tower of various hotel furniture. Looking up, you contemplate leaving the deranged sheep and getting completely out of the tunnels the way that you had come, "Screwed up or not, Ana is your responsibility, get going..." came the sarcastic voice once more and with it, the Abra begins to ascend before you, sick of waiting. Despite his apparent laziness, it appears as though Prestige is rather agile, leaping from chair to chair like a professional ballet dancer. Arriving at the vent, he slides himself inside before appearing to fall asleep to wait for you to follow him in a not-so-similar manner...
    Oh my god, my replies are coming slower and slower. :|

    "You're kidding me?" Prestige and Alina said in unison. The tower was swaying slightly, with the Quilava on top, stacking one more chair carefully upon another. Afterward, he nimbly jumped from each chair and table, rather proud of his work of art, and trotted over to Alina's side to properly gaze up at the final result.

    "It's a death trap!" Prestige cried. "Couldn't you make it a little bit safer? Like, nail chairs together, and nail them to the wall?"

    Ignatius bared his teeth and snapped as he lit the flames on his back. No way was he going to put up with any ******** from that sad excuse for a psychic type. Prestige yawned and fetched the pokeball, in which he promptly returned Ignatius to. He took one last look at the tower and said "I call not going first..."

    "Let's do the sensible thing and not go up at all," Alina said as she stared up in horror at the tower of swaying chairs.

    "Screwed up or not, Ana is your responsibility, get going..."

    Alina sighed, shaking as she climbed onto the base of the tower. But despite his complaints and not wanting to go first, Prestige gracefully skipped passed Alina, jumped from chair to chair, and reached the vent in a matter of seconds.

    "You ***!" Alina cried out to him. "Instead of mocking me you could have just Teleported there!" Prestige merely shrugged and smiled, saying "Well, I would say you're half way there, but I'd be lying."

    Instead of climbing on the next chair, Alina wanted to throw it at him, but that would make the rest of the chairs and tables collapse on her... She would have to wait until she got up there.

    "Are you sure this is the only way to Ana?" asked Alina as she climbed the chairs shakily and clumsily.

    "I'm sorry, but it is. You really are almost there this time, keep going."

    Alina whimpered and continued to climb the treacherous tower, trying not to look down and not to think about a huge tower of unstable chairs that could break due to being old and fall over and...

    Finally, she placed a hand on the cold surface of the vent, and hauled herself up in a panic, as if something was out to get her on the bottom. Prestige clapped his claws together and used his Flash move to light up the vent, although Alina wished she hadn't. Her relief of finally getting off the tower was now replaced by disgust... there was so much dust in this vent, it was disgusting. Prestige didn't wait for her to regain herself, though, and began trotting down the vent. How lucky he was to be so damn small, he could walk down this vent without a problem, while Alina, who had to be on all fours, miserably crawled along, trying to keep up with her little Abra as he led the way down the vent...
    "My pedestal was too high for me to climb off of. In fact, that's the reason for the high horse."

    Fizzy of Bubbles
    And Another Useless Art Blog

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Posts
    2,270

    Default

    [Reeeeally sorry about the lateness, been caught up in real life... and with Platinum :x Also, I would like to welcome both Tale and Silver Wind into the wonderful (if not a little spooooky) realm of Miasma Heights, so, welcome guys, hope you enjoy your time here :3]

    Game shacks

    -Hayward-
    With your next set of battle commands, the Cacnea and Meditite began readying themselves at once. As both the small pokémon stood poised ready to attack, your companion Medeo began first. Standing perfectly still, the fighting type placed his hands together and, as he did so, a ring of a skyblue hue began to form around him, glinting in the halflight of the deserted themepark. With this, Medeo seemed to regain himself somewhat, looking even more ready for the cactus pokémon's next attack. Visibly annoyed by this act of replenishing itself, the Cacnea attempted its own similar attack, pointing both of its prickly arms in the direction of the Meditite before attempting to sap away at his health with an absorb attack. Successful, the wild pokémon regained a slither of its hitpoints, but a recovery nontheless. However, the wild pokémon's attack comes in vain as Medeo runs in, fists a'glowing, before he slams one down on the cactus pokémon's head. As he does so, more hitpoints are recovered due to the attacks effect, leaving the wild pokémon with even less hitpoints and Medeo looking rather healthy.

    "Caaaac!" the small prickly pokémon cries, the more you heal and the more hitpoints they lose, the angrier they seem to get. Facing you and Medeo, the wild Cacnea begins to summon up leaves from nowhere, each one shining with a magical light. As the leaves completely form, the cactus pokémon uses its power to send them directly at Medeo, each one buffeting the fighting type, causing minimal damage but damaging the Meditite regardless. With this attack, Medeo sits upon the ground, crossing his legs and closing his eyes in a sort of meditation-like state, ready to detect the next attack. This technique works as the Cacnea attempts a Low Kick, completely missing as Medeo's concentration allows it to become fluid and avoid the onslaught all together. Landing where the Meditite was previously, Cacnea turns on its tiny feet to face you, malice in its usually happy eyes. It seems as if the pokémon has lost the majority of its hitpoints but the darkness passed down from its Cacturne parents seems to keep it battling in a devilish manner...

    The Underbelly

    Amras.MG
    By your command, Idrial begans to summon up all of her energy within her mind and hands before using it in the direction the four had just been previously. As she did so, the rocks began to collapse, more and more each second until the whole section of the tunnel had been completely engulfed in rubble, eliminating the chance of the Cacturne and Medicham from pursuing the two humans and their two pokémon companions. However, as she does this, rocks began collapsing from other parts of the ceiling, becoming a major threat to all of you, "Okay, this is not good, follow me..." Rochelle barked, motioning towards both you, the Gardevoir and Rensing to stick close by her. You look on as she dodges amongst the rubble and still falling rocks with great ease, she seems rather used to this sort of thing. Eventually, she comes to a stop, the cavern at peace once more.

    "Phew, that wasn't good, we may have eliminated our threat now, but we almost ended up being eliminated ourselves..." she chuckled, despite the potential danger, she seemed to be able to shrug it off with great ease. Turning to you, she begins to talk once more, "I sincerely believe this Houndour is a wonderful pokémon..." As she spoke, she slowly lowered herself to the puppy's level, extending an arm to stroke the dark pokémon behind the ears, something which he appeared to enjoy, "...it's just, I can't deny the fact that the pokémon, despite its genial nature, seems to have something...there. Something beneath the surface..." She finished, her face looking rather awkward as Rensing seemed to become nervous at her words. "Everything should be fine though, as long as we stick together and have a plan for every possible situation that may arise in these catacombs." As she finished, it appeared as if Rensing had noticed the footprints from the previous time in the tunnel, tugging at your leg with his teeth and growling to himself...

    The Restaurant

    Psychopath
    Watching on as you use the coveted Revive item on the dragonfly and issue your next rounds worth of attacks to the tiny turtle pokémon, Oscar smirks. Victoria the Gabite looks back to him, revealing her sharp teeth in an awkward smile of her own. As Valor began to flail around on the ground, the Gabite looked on in a confused manner, your plan appeared to be working as she began to approach slowly but surely. However, the boy noticed that the Squirtle was merely luring the land shark close and he quickly barked a command, "Vicky, Earthquake, now!" As this command was issued, the Gabite nodded, leaping upwards in the air before hurtling back down at the ground, stomach first. As the dragon pokémon connected with the ground, tremors and shockwaves went in every direction, causing both tables to shake violently. The attack also hit the flailing Valor, who appeared to take moderate damage. Freeze the Weavile was the only thing not affected by this, the refereeing pokémon leaping upwards as the attack struck.

    Annoyed by the fact the opponent had gotten her hit in first, the Squirtle formed a large sphere of watery matter before itself once more, using its tiny turtle claws to launch it in the direction of the Gabite. A success, the water attack engulfs Victoria, leaving her dripping wet afterwards. However, this is not all, with this attack, the opponent's pokémon appears to have become confused as she runs towards Valor, spinning her finned arms in every direction possible. Luckily, your Squirtle knew exactly what to do, as the dragon pokémon got close, Valor leaped out of the way before returning at the opponent in a veil of water in the form of aqua jet. A quick attack, Valor bounces off of the back of the Gabite with his attack, dealing another nice chunk of damage. With this, Victoria appears to lose her confusion, but her hitpoints aren't looking too amazing, "Keep at it girl, you can do this..." Oscar uttered with a smile, a look of regret appeared in his face, in his heart of hearts, he knew that Victoria was failing...

    Merry-Go-Round

    Tale
    Arriving at the closed down theme park, you explore somewhat before settling on your desired location, the bizarre yet comforting Merry-Go-Round. Clambering upon it and settling on a steed, a Ponyta with a blue fiery mane and tail, you wait for the right to set into motion. At first, it appears as if the carousel is not going to budge in anyway until, inquisitive as to whether their is anyone manning the ride, you attempt to get off of the steed. As you do this, a blinding flash of light appears before your head and slowly but surely, each Ponyta and Rapidash begin moving up and down, quickening up as they circle the centre, the area in which you are right now. Quickly, you leap back onto your chosen Ponyta, clinging to the ornate pole protruding from its back as the ride begins to get quicker and quicker. Concentrating on the Ponyta, you notice every so often, its blue flames seem to flicker slightly.

    With each quickening circle, you feel like catching a breath is becoming harder and harder and your stomach feels like it is bouncing around your whole body within you. Eventually it appears as though the ride is staying at a steady speed and, as you close your eyes for a matter of seconds, a chorus of neighs and winnies fill your ears, the ride appeared to be coming to life indefinitely. Re-opening your eyes, you are hit with a strange sight. You still appear to be on the ride but the surroundings beyond the merry-go-round are much different. You appear to be in some sort of forested grove, much different to the location of Miasma Heights. As the ride pulls to a halt, the Ponyta and Rapidash cease their chorus, each one detaching from the poles they are suspended from and running into the clearing. With a neigh, the alternatively coloured Ponyta you are sitting on does precisely the same, leaping upwards before landing on the grass with you intact on its back. The rest of the possessed herd dash across the clearing and towards what appears to be a hedge maze and, turning its mechanical head, the fake horse you are still sitting on looks up at you, awaiting your decision...

    The Funhouse

    Silver Wind
    Deciding on a desired location, the Funhouse, both you and your psychic companion, an Abra by the name of Pathos, slowly pad towards the building. As it came into your line of vision completely, you could see the building would have definitely been fun in its heyday, coloured lights sat dormant around its entrance and the colour of the building itself could only be described as the sort of colours you would see if a toddler ate a whole packet of crayola before spewing them all back up again in sequence. Arriving at the main entrance to the ride, you push past the turnstile and, behind you, the Abra uses its telekinetic abilities to do the same, pushing it extra hard as he passed so it would spin in an annoying manner. As you both reach the main doors, they swing into life, throwing both you and Pathos onto the asphalt. As the doors open, despite being on the floor with an acheing backside, you notice the inside is full of light and a cheery but rather unnerving little tune appears to be playing.

    "Woah, weird..." The Abra looks towards you, confused by the sudden burst of life from within the fun house, which at first glances appeared to be completely derelict. Regardless of this, both you, The Diddler, and your companion Pathos stand up, brushing the dark dust from the back of your pants and setting foot inside the peculiar ride. Once you had stepped over the threshold, the lifeless doors swung shut with a loud bang, despite them being inanimate, they seemed to have a life of their own alright. "This place actually seems so cool..." Pathos uttered directly into your mind, a grin on his face. Before you was a corridor with an opening to both the right and the left. To the left, it appeared as if there was a ball pool, a whole room filled with small colourful spheres, perfect for children to get stuck within and suffocate. To the right, the room was filled with a series of roped nets, quite the test even for the most agile of people. "What'll be, Diddly dee?" the Abra spoke into your mind once more, pointing to both the right and left with a bony yellow claw...

    The Tunnels

    Demon Skittle
    As you crawl further and further into the cramped up and incredibly dusty ventilation system, hacking and coughing away as you do so, Prestige seems to freeze onto the spot. Despite his laidback approach at first, trotting from the entrance, completely ignoring the fact you were struggling amongst the dust and in the cramped environment, he appeared to be unnerved now. As you reach him in the creaking metal vent, he places a singular claw on your mouth, motioning towards you to keep quiet. It became apparent that, just up ahead, there was a perfectly square hole. Your heart skips several beats, imagine if neither of you had noticed that, one or both could be goners by now. A few seconds pass and Prestige, who appears to be in a sleeping state, speaks into your mind, "I can sense movement down that hole, it doesn't seem hostile..." With this, the Abra crawls forwards, peering down into the murky darkness of the hole.

    A clawed thumb appears before your face before Prestige turns around, a slight grin on his emotionless face, "I can see a round yellow light and hear breathing, I think Ana might be down there..." His voice seemed a lot more at ease now, with a slight chuckle in it. With Prestige returning to looking down the hole, your breathing begins to go off again, the thick dust all over your hands, your clothes, everywhere, is doing no good for your respiratory system and, through no fault of your own, you begin coughing maniacally. With a hiss, the Abra turns, attempting to cover your mouth, but it is no good, your coughing fit continues. Suddenly, through your trauma, you hear a scuffling noise within the hole up ahead, quickly followed by a loud bah'ing noise, it had to be Ana the Flaaffy, only she had such a bizarre way of making herself known. From beneath the vent came several thuds, whatever was in the room with the Flaaffy appeared to have gathered your presence within the ventilation system and a head materialized before Prestige, "Oi, you, what you doing in me vents?!" said the head, which appeared to either be floating without a body or attached to an older male, "C'mon, explain yourself, girly!"

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chi-town
    Posts
    662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl's Perap View Post
    [Reeeeally sorry about the lateness, been caught up in real life... and with Platinum :x Also, I would like to welcome both Tale and Silver Wind into the wonderful (if not a little spooooky) realm of Miasma Heights, so, welcome guys, hope you enjoy your time here :3]

    Game shacks

    -Hayward-
    With your next set of battle commands, the Cacnea and Meditite began readying themselves at once. As both the small pokémon stood poised ready to attack, your companion Medeo began first. Standing perfectly still, the fighting type placed his hands together and, as he did so, a ring of a skyblue hue began to form around him, glinting in the halflight of the deserted themepark. With this, Medeo seemed to regain himself somewhat, looking even more ready for the cactus pokémon's next attack. Visibly annoyed by this act of replenishing itself, the Cacnea attempted its own similar attack, pointing both of its prickly arms in the direction of the Meditite before attempting to sap away at his health with an absorb attack. Successful, the wild pokémon regained a slither of its hitpoints, but a recovery nontheless. However, the wild pokémon's attack comes in vain as Medeo runs in, fists a'glowing, before he slams one down on the cactus pokémon's head. As he does so, more hitpoints are recovered due to the attacks effect, leaving the wild pokémon with even less hitpoints and Medeo looking rather healthy.

    "Caaaac!" the small prickly pokémon cries, the more you heal and the more hitpoints they lose, the angrier they seem to get. Facing you and Medeo, the wild Cacnea begins to summon up leaves from nowhere, each one shining with a magical light. As the leaves completely form, the cactus pokémon uses its power to send them directly at Medeo, each one buffeting the fighting type, causing minimal damage but damaging the Meditite regardless. With this attack, Medeo sits upon the ground, crossing his legs and closing his eyes in a sort of meditation-like state, ready to detect the next attack. This technique works as the Cacnea attempts a Low Kick, completely missing as Medeo's concentration allows it to become fluid and avoid the onslaught all together. Landing where the Meditite was previously, Cacnea turns on its tiny feet to face you, malice in its usually happy eyes. It seems as if the pokémon has lost the majority of its hitpoints but the darkness passed down from its Cacturne parents seems to keep it battling in a devilish manner...


    On a field dotted with abandoned game shacks, in the deserted theme park Miasma Heights, the trainer Ben Hale watched the events of battle unfold before his grey-green eyes. Ben’s diminutive companion, the Meditite Medeo, had begun this round by surrounding himself with an Aqua Ring seeking to replenish a bit of his lost health. Irritated, his opponent, an irate Cacnea, retaliated with an Absorb attack, siphoning away a sliver of Medeo’s reenergized vitality. Reacting to this devious maneuver, the tiny Meditite bolted straight at his rotund adversary. A faint emerald glow materialised around Medeo’s clenched right hand as he delivered a devastating Drain Punch to the Cactus Pokemon.

    Just then the cranky Cacnea let out a frustrated “Caaaca!” and Ben noticed that the pudgy cactus no longer wore the same playfully mischievous expression it had worn during the early rounds of battle. Ben realized that the wild Cacnea was starting to lose its cool, and he hoped Medeo could take advantage of any mistakes their enemy made in anger. Suddenly, the plump Cacnea let fly with a botanic barrage, violently pounding Medeo with a flurry of Magical Leaves. However, the Yoga Pokemon merely shrugged off the insignificant damage and called upon his psychic training to help Detect Cacnea’s subsequent Low Kick attack. As the prickly little Pokemon landed unceremoniously on its back, Ben noticed that its now eyes blazed with pure hatred.

    Dragging a hand through his short brown hair, Ben thought hard to come up with a strategy. He felt sincerely grateful that things had gone their way that round. It seemed to Ben that Medeo finally had an advantage, and after watching him get pummeled for two rounds, the teenage trainer wasn’t about to do anything reckless to lose it. “Brilliant work so far, mate,” he praised his little partner. “We’ve got Cacnea frustrated now! Keep your cool and hopefully we can finish it off here and get back to treasure hunting!” Medeo nodded his understanding and fixed his steely gaze on the malevolent cactus. Ben continued, issuing instructions, “When Cacnea attacks, PROTECT yourself, then hit it with an ICE PUNCH. If that doesn’t knock it out, try to DETECT what it’s going to do after that so you can dodge, and we’ll have to try to finish it next round!” The small Meditite nodded again. Despite the fact that Medeo looked rather healthy, Ben didn’t want to extend the battle any longer than necessary, he hoped that Medeo would be able to end it quickly…


    __________________
    fb

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Posts
    2,270

    Default

    [Since I'm actually here and in the right frame of mind, an update :}]

    Game shacks

    -Hayward-
    As the battle continues, you utter three commands for your battler, Medeo the Meditite and, as you do, he nods confidently before turning back to his opponent, a rather irate Cacnea. As both pokémon glare each other down, the injured cactus pokémon growling slightly, Medeo begins the battle. Throwing both arms into the air, the fighting type pokémon begins to form a turquoise veil of energy, covering itself with a protective barrier. Seeing this action, the Cacnea stays rooted to the spot, leering at its trained opponent. Knowing its attacks would be futile against the Meditite's protect attack, the wild cactus pokémon braced both of its arms for the next attack. With this, Medeo spies his chance, gathering a large clump of ice energy from the air, engulfing in it his fist before darting towards the opponent. As the fighting type pokémon's attack lands on the head of the cactus, it cries out in pain.

    Returning to his original position, the Meditite looks on at its opponent, who cannot stand up. It appears as though the Cacnea can go on no longer and it lets out one final slightly intimidating growl before its eyes close. [Level up for Medeo the Meditite!] Noticing his opponent had completely fainted, the Meditite approached it, slowly but surely, before prodding it with one of his quick hands. It was in no shape to simply leave laying around, it would no doubt get attacked further by another wild pokémon or worse, completely eaten by a much larger pokémon. Medeo looks up to you, eyes wide, as if to ask whether or not the fainted pokémon would be joining you or not.

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl's Perap View Post
    [Reeeeally sorry about the lateness, been caught up in real life... and with Platinum :x Also, I would like to welcome both Tale and Silver Wind into the wonderful (if not a little spooooky) realm of Miasma Heights, so, welcome guys, hope you enjoy your time here :3]

    Merry-Go-Round

    Tale
    Arriving at the closed down theme park, you explore somewhat before settling on your desired location, the bizarre yet comforting Merry-Go-Round. Clambering upon it and settling on a steed, a Ponyta with a blue fiery mane and tail, you wait for the right to set into motion. At first, it appears as if the carousel is not going to budge in anyway until, inquisitive as to whether their is anyone manning the ride, you attempt to get off of the steed. As you do this, a blinding flash of light appears before your head and slowly but surely, each Ponyta and Rapidash begin moving up and down, quickening up as they circle the centre, the area in which you are right now. Quickly, you leap back onto your chosen Ponyta, clinging to the ornate pole protruding from its back as the ride begins to get quicker and quicker. Concentrating on the Ponyta, you notice every so often, its blue flames seem to flicker slightly.

    With each quickening circle, you feel like catching a breath is becoming harder and harder and your stomach feels like it is bouncing around your whole body within you. Eventually it appears as though the ride is staying at a steady speed and, as you close your eyes for a matter of seconds, a chorus of neighs and winnies fill your ears, the ride appeared to be coming to life indefinitely. Re-opening your eyes, you are hit with a strange sight. You still appear to be on the ride but the surroundings beyond the merry-go-round are much different. You appear to be in some sort of forested grove, much different to the location of Miasma Heights. As the ride pulls to a halt, the Ponyta and Rapidash cease their chorus, each one detaching from the poles they are suspended from and running into the clearing. With a neigh, the alternatively coloured Ponyta you are sitting on does precisely the same, leaping upwards before landing on the grass with you intact on its back. The rest of the possessed herd dash across the clearing and towards what appears to be a hedge maze and, turning its mechanical head, the fake horse you are still sitting on looks up at you, awaiting your decision...
    Thanks very much, PP! I'm very glad to be here, incredibly excited by the prospects your updates seem to offer. I'm certain my enthusiasm will be sustained throughout - I hope my responses do the adventure justice.

    Oscar, encountering naught but inactivity from the eerie carousel, glanced at the model upon which he clambered - a glabrous Ponyta. Initially deceived by its realism, a retrospective glance assured, chiefly through the gloss of its hide, its inorganic qualities. From it’s head and its rear, a blue flame was sculpted to resemble a Ponyta unlike the majority of those he’d previously seen. For a while, this irrelevant novelty proceeded to occupy his wayward deliberation until Oscar eventually recognised that the anticipated response of the ride had not at this point materialised. Bemused and even slightly deflated at the lack of activity, he curiously descended from his rigid steed and intended to commence in inquisitively exploring the carousel’s centre. However, almost as if his descent was a trigger, the movement he’d desired commenced about him.

    Clutching his hat, Oscar leapt back atop his chosen, curiously-coloured model and fidgeted as the excitement which was previously assuaged by immobility swiftly reignited. He grasped the pole which pierced the Ponyta’s middle and glared in awe at the inexplicable light that encircled him, before a flicker akin to that of a flame snatched his gaze. He placed his second hand upon the sturdy pole as he ascertained the occasional flicker of the model Ponyta’s blue mane, awestruck at the occurrences that surrounded him. With a gleeful cheer, Oscar closed his eyes, immersed within the incomprehensible thrill of the enigmatic carousel, and he lifted his hat from his head, waving it as though he were a cowboy-emulating child once more. It was at that moment that the unmistakable whinnies of several horses filled the rushing air, and struck his heart like a sledge hammer.

    His silver eyes snapped open, incurring further astonishment by the sights they distinguished. A forest too far from his shady recollection of Miasma Height’s established setting proved his seeming transition from one location to another. Little in the way of incidents could have satisfied him to a greater extent than such an unexplainable occurrence. As the ride, apparently having reached its destination, began to halt, the whinnies that filled the air faded.

    Then, with some dazzling mysticism in which he currently revelled, the models leapt from their place aboard the carousel, landing firmly within the grove, and uninhibitedly dashing towards the entrance of what appeared to be a maze. As anticipated, his own model followed suit, with a leap that caused Oscar’s stomach to lurch and still outstretched arm to jerk as he frantically assured his wellbeing by clutching the horse’s neck. With a relatively painful landing, the mechanical Ponyta glanced up at him, almost expectantly. His ability to decipher an inkling of emotion from what should have been a lifeless model unnerved him momentarily, before his recollection of the bemusing events that had just occurred assuaged any further sense of peculiarity encircling his current situation.

    Oscar eagerly patted the Ponyta’s neck. To cease before his adventure had begun was more ludicrous than any recent event, to cease before having probed the darkest depths of each unfurling mystery would have proved a crime to his very being. With his heart ablaze, he dug his heel into the Ponyta’s side,

    “By all means, my mechanical steed, continue with all due haste! We cannot dawdle for your companions surely know the true path through this inexplicable maze we face. Let’s follow! Yah!”

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Piplup
    Posts
    2,475

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl's Perap View Post
    The Funhouse

    Silver Wind
    Deciding on a desired location, the Funhouse, both you and your psychic companion, an Abra by the name of Pathos, slowly pad towards the building. As it came into your line of vision completely, you could see the building would have definitely been fun in its heyday, coloured lights sat dormant around its entrance and the colour of the building itself could only be described as the sort of colours you would see if a toddler ate a whole packet of crayola before spewing them all back up again in sequence. Arriving at the main entrance to the ride, you push past the turnstile and, behind you, the Abra uses its telekinetic abilities to do the same, pushing it extra hard as he passed so it would spin in an annoying manner. As you both reach the main doors, they swing into life, throwing both you and Pathos onto the asphalt. As the doors open, despite being on the floor with an acheing backside, you notice the inside is full of light and a cheery but rather unnerving little tune appears to be playing.

    "Woah, weird..." The Abra looks towards you, confused by the sudden burst of life from within the fun house, which at first glances appeared to be completely derelict. Regardless of this, both you, The Diddler, and your companion Pathos stand up, brushing the dark dust from the back of your pants and setting foot inside the peculiar ride. Once you had stepped over the threshold, the lifeless doors swung shut with a loud bang, despite them being inanimate, they seemed to have a life of their own alright. "This place actually seems so cool..." Pathos uttered directly into your mind, a grin on his face. Before you was a corridor with an opening to both the right and the left. To the left, it appeared as if there was a ball pool, a whole room filled with small colourful spheres, perfect for children to get stuck within and suffocate. To the right, the room was filled with a series of roped nets, quite the test even for the most agile of people. "What'll be, Diddly dee?" the Abra spoke into your mind once more, pointing to both the right and left with a bony yellow claw..."[/color]
    The Diddler looked at the ropes in the room to the left. He was shocked -- he had never seen a room like this before, so filled with ropes that look like they could choke a full grown mountain moose. Pathos didn't believe that Flippy had been right to choose the Fun House; but he also believed that he had the heart of a warrior. He would win or die trying. Impressed by the Diddler's demonstration of resolve, Pathos realized that now came the tough part: Choose the room with the ropes, or the room with the balls.

    "Zoinks!" he bawled in his head. "Well now we have quite the predicament on our hands, and I don’t know what room looks.. Well we sure as hell can’t call it harmless! Either way.. I can’t make a decision, what you think P?" he asked his Abra.

    "Let’s go for a swim in that pool of balls, Duddy! I’m sure they don’t look as evil as you think they do. Fear is only a piece of the clown’s nose, as they say… giggle… and I’m sure we couldn’t get into that much trouble ” Pathos said swiftly. Flippy looked a bit confused from the elaborated plan Pathos said but still nodded. Thoughts raced in Pathos' mind as he and the Diddler walked into the room.

    Pathos jumped to the floor, and brought his claw up glowing with psychic energy, forcing thoughts into his head, "Look, remember this room, silly. Here is where we will meet up, almighty diddle-doo.. I got this explanation and came here to get some slumber. I'll go down there, sir, but only on one condition.." He whipped out payapa berry from thin air, and showed it to him. “I’m gonna snack on my yumyums as we….." He shook the berry, and it shook back, maybe his way of seeing if the berry is ripe.. "Wheeeeeeee~" He trotted off into the Ball Pit.

    After You TL1: o2 W - o3 L - o1 D

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Posts
    2,270

    Default

    [I'm going away for a week tomorrow, just thought I would update those who have posted, might even squeeze out another before bed tonight, if people are interested.]

    The Merry Maze

    Tale
    Still firmly holding onto the back of the alternatively coloured Ponyta's metallic blue mane, a variety of bizarre sights pass your line of sight. The various horse pokémon running ahead appeared to be losing parts of their bodies. At first you think this is your imagination playing tricks on you, but when a whole Rapidash tail becomes detached and flies in your direction, you realize this situation has taken and even stranger turn than previously. Luckily for you, your steed happens to follow the rest of its 'herd' deep into the maze and, as the horse pokémon gallop maniacally, they reach a dead end. A sigh of relief as your steed comes to a halt, you get to see the other pokémon closer. Each one was missing vital limbs and other body parts and, where they were meant to be, a purple haze was seeping out.

    "Pooo!" your steed whinnies, turning its mechanical head to look up at you. Despite it being anamatronic, you sense that there is definitely something wrong with the situation at hand. As this thought passes through your mind, the 'herd' turn their attention towards you, the majority of which bolt and run directly past you and the shiny Ponyta, returning the way they had come, back to the merry go round. However, it appeared as though one remained. It was the Rapidash whos tail had nearly knocked your head clean off. From the hole in the backside of the model, the odd haze seemed to be pouring out at an ever increasing speed. It wasn't long before the miasma-like substance had begun to take a shape. A large gaseous sphere formed from the rear end of the Rapidash, a weird sight in itself. "Enjoy the ride? You had better have done, you wont be experiencing that sort of thing again..." a deep and scratchy voice cackled from the smoke before a pokémon revealed itself. It was a Gastly, grinning in a rather sinister manner. "Beat me in a battle and I might just let you live..." the ghost pokémon began once more...

    The Funhouse

    Silver Wind
    With a decision made and a offering in the form of a Payapa Berry, Pathos the Abra seemed ready to make his way into his and Flippy's chosen location, the ball pit. As the both of you enter the technicolor room with the large pool of rainbow spheres, the tiny yellow pokémon continues walking, wading into the leisure area without a second thought. For a few seconds, the psychic type pokémon scraped around near to the edge, as if he was looking for a clue to help the two of you get deeper into the bizarre fun house. As you watch, the Abra tosses balls high into the air behind him, searching further and further into the pool. After a few more moments pass, the yellow pokémon surfaces and begins to use his telepathic voice, "What am I even looking for?" he chuckles before diving once more to resume his hunt.

    As time passes, you stand on the sidelines hoping for some sort of progress. From where you are standing, it just seems like Pathos is enjoying himself, rather than helping you get further through the weird building. Eventually, he resurfaces amongst the spheres and leaps onto the edge next to you. "I've found what looks like two pressure pads, both have the symbol for the psychic type, a purple eye. My hunch says we need me and another psychic type to press down on them to gain some sort of progress?" With this, Pathos smiles up to you and, as he does, a bustling appears behind you, in the roped room. Dashing across, wanting to know what the commotion was, a small boy appears before you, "Mimey, let's try the other room, those ropes are confusing.." his tiny voice utters and, as he speaks, a Mime Jr. appears behind him, hopping along and dancing as it does so. "Ask him if he can help?" Pathos says, pointing towards the pool and the location of the two potential psychic type pressure pads...

  19. #94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl's Perap View Post

    The Underbelly

    Amras.MG
    By your command, Idrial begans to summon up all of her energy within her mind and hands before using it in the direction the four had just been previously. As she did so, the rocks began to collapse, more and more each second until the whole section of the tunnel had been completely engulfed in rubble, eliminating the chance of the Cacturne and Medicham from pursuing the two humans and their two pokémon companions. However, as she does this, rocks began collapsing from other parts of the ceiling, becoming a major threat to all of you, "Okay, this is not good, follow me..." Rochelle barked, motioning towards both you, the Gardevoir and Rensing to stick close by her. You look on as she dodges amongst the rubble and still falling rocks with great ease, she seems rather used to this sort of thing. Eventually, she comes to a stop, the cavern at peace once more.

    "Phew, that wasn't good, we may have eliminated our threat now, but we almost ended up being eliminated ourselves..." she chuckled, despite the potential danger, she seemed to be able to shrug it off with great ease. Turning to you, she begins to talk once more, "I sincerely believe this Houndour is a wonderful pokémon..." As she spoke, she slowly lowered herself to the puppy's level, extending an arm to stroke the dark pokémon behind the ears, something which he appeared to enjoy, "...it's just, I can't deny the fact that the pokémon, despite its genial nature, seems to have something...there. Something beneath the surface..." She finished, her face looking rather awkward as Rensing seemed to become nervous at her words. "Everything should be fine though, as long as we stick together and have a plan for every possible situation that may arise in these catacombs." As she finished, it appeared as if Rensing had noticed the footprints from the previous time in the tunnel, tugging at your leg with his teeth and growling to himself...
    Gardevoir's Psychic prowess shocks Amras as she rips down more wall than originally thought. The gang manages to jump past all of the falling stuff safely, and Amras breathily apologizes to Rochelle for not anticipating the instability of the Underbelly. Noting her ninjalike reflexes, and knowledge of the layout of the path, Amras' mind churns as he chuckles politely along with Rochelle, wondering who she was. Amras' nerves ease up a little as she pets Rensing, but soon come back in full swing as Rochelle says there is something beneath the surface. Nodding in agreement to Rochelle's suggestion to stick together, Amras kneels down by Rensing and offers a few feelings of encouragement before moving down the path with the footprints. Idrial glides next to Amras, conveying feelings of support and warmth, to which Amras smiles, ready for the rest of their adventure...

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Posts
    2,270

    Default

    [An update? But of course!]

    The Underbelly

    Amras.MG
    In hot pursuit of the owner of the footprints in the dusty tunnel, you, Rochelle and your two pokémon companions stay completely silent for a while. The tunnel collapsing had certainly unnerved all four of you but at least the threat of the Medicham and Cacturne was long behind you, both pokémon being trapped after Idrial's psychic attack futher up the tunnel. After a while, the footprints began to become few and far between and, eager to help out, Rensing yaps at both you and Rochelle, one after the other. With your attention grabbed rather easily, the Houndour begins to sniff at one of the remaining footprints, before dashing forwards, looking for the next print.

    "I know I should have said this earlier, but I presumed you might have already gathered. It is clear to me that these footprints belong to a male, judging by the gaps between them, a fit male that can either leap or stride quite a distance..." Rochelle broke the silence, murmuring in the halflight of the current tunnel. As you ponder this thought, you notice Rensing slink back to you, Rochelle and Idrial. When he arrives at your feet, he motions towards the footprints with a look of sadness, "Seems like Rensing believes he may just know who these prints belong to..." the woman gasped slightly as she spoke, kneeling at once to console the Houndour, "This is either a great development or quite a worry. What do you think?"

  21. #96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl's Perap View Post
    [An update? But of course!]

    The Underbelly

    Amras.MG
    In hot pursuit of the owner of the footprints in the dusty tunnel, you, Rochelle and your two pokémon companions stay completely silent for a while. The tunnel collapsing had certainly unnerved all four of you but at least the threat of the Medicham and Cacturne was long behind you, both pokémon being trapped after Idrial's psychic attack futher up the tunnel. After a while, the footprints began to become few and far between and, eager to help out, Rensing yaps at both you and Rochelle, one after the other. With your attention grabbed rather easily, the Houndour begins to sniff at one of the remaining footprints, before dashing forwards, looking for the next print.

    "I know I should have said this earlier, but I presumed you might have already gathered. It is clear to me that these footprints belong to a male, judging by the gaps between them, a fit male that can either leap or stride quite a distance..." Rochelle broke the silence, murmuring in the halflight of the current tunnel. As you ponder this thought, you notice Rensing slink back to you, Rochelle and Idrial. When he arrives at your feet, he motions towards the footprints with a look of sadness, "Seems like Rensing believes he may just know who these prints belong to..." the woman gasped slightly as she spoke, kneeling at once to console the Houndour, "This is either a great development or quite a worry. What do you think?"
    Rensing takes off ahead of the group, easily catching the prints. Amras notices that the footprints are far apart, and Rochelle's deciphering of the footprinter as a man makes complete sense. Rensing begins to move back slowly, dejected and sad. Amras' mind is still stuck on how Rochelle would know all this stuff about the tunnel and various survival things... and she was very agile, too. Is she a Pokemon Ranger? Man... running... Rensing's sad... Oh crap. Amras breaks off into a sprint, barely noticing as Rensing and Idrial follow him quickly, Idrial telepathically guiding Rochelle to follow. Amras' heart rate quickens and his stomach seizes up. I hope I'm not too late... The group had met an old lady with a missing son before.. a son that Amras now guessed had hatched Rensing. Recalling also his vow to help the lady find out what had happened to her son, Amras clutched the Strange Key in his pocket tighter...

    Atrocia.

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chi-town
    Posts
    662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl's Perap View Post
    [Since I'm actually here and in the right frame of mind, an update :}]

    Game shacks

    -Hayward-
    As the battle continues, you utter three commands for your battler, Medeo the Meditite and, as you do, he nods confidently before turning back to his opponent, a rather irate Cacnea. As both pokémon glare each other down, the injured cactus pokémon growling slightly, Medeo begins the battle. Throwing both arms into the air, the fighting type pokémon begins to form a turquoise veil of energy, covering itself with a protective barrier. Seeing this action, the Cacnea stays rooted to the spot, leering at its trained opponent. Knowing its attacks would be futile against the Meditite's protect attack, the wild cactus pokémon braced both of its arms for the next attack. With this, Medeo spies his chance, gathering a large clump of ice energy from the air, engulfing in it his fist before darting towards the opponent. As the fighting type pokémon's attack lands on the head of the cactus, it cries out in pain.

    Returning to his original position, the Meditite looks on at its opponent, who cannot stand up. It appears as though the Cacnea can go on no longer and it lets out one final slightly intimidating growl before its eyes close. [Level up for Medeo the Meditite!] Noticing his opponent had completely fainted, the Meditite approached it, slowly but surely, before prodding it with one of his quick hands. It was in no shape to simply leave laying around, it would no doubt get attacked further by another wild pokémon or worse, completely eaten by a much larger pokémon. Medeo looks up to you, eyes wide, as if to ask whether or not the fainted pokémon would be joining you or not.


    Medeo stooped over the prone form of the plump Cacnea and hesitantly prodded it, trying to determine whether or not it had been knocked out. As Ben quickly made his way toward the diminutive Meditite and fainted Cactus Pokemon in the center of the game-shack-dotted battlefield, Medeo turned to him with a questioning look on his tiny face. Seeing Medeo’s wide eyes, Ben abruptly stopped and dragged a hand through his short brown hair. He sensed that the Meditite was about to encourage him to pick up another pathetic partner. “You can’t be serious, mate!” Ben exclaimed, incredulous. Medeo merely shrugged in response, and Ben continued, “In case you’ve forgotten, that crazy Cacnea attacked us just for waking it up!” Waving his tiny arms in response, Medeo gestured animatedly to their surroundings.

    Ben quickly surveyed the Game Shacks and deserted theme park with his grey-green eyes. He realized at once that the Meditite had a valid point. The wild Cacnea was in no shape to simply leave lying around. Ben knew that if left on its own in such a weakened state, it would most likely get attacked or eaten by a much larger Pokemon.

    Ben had a bad feeling about taking the Cacnea with them, but he reluctantly nodded his head and sighed. “We came here to find something we could sell because we didn’t have enough money for food, remember?” He reminded Medeo. The small Meditite didn't deny it. He nodded his own onion-shaped head in agreement and Ben continued, “I don’t know if we really have room for this Cacnea, but you are right about one thing -- we can’t just leave lying it there like that. I guess it can come with us for now.”

    Gently scooping up the injured Cacnea in his arms, Ben remarked, “There has to be some kind of First Aid Station somewhere in this old park. I’m sure it’ll have a healing machine or some revival medicine we can borrow. Let’s see what we can find.” Medeo nodded and Ben cautioned him, “Look sharp now, mate. There’s no telling what may have made its home here, or what we may run into. Reach out with your senses and try to DETECT anything that might be hiding, just waiting to attack. Be ready to defend with PROTECT if anything tries to ambush us.” Medeo nodded and the duo set off a trot, Ben carrying Cacnea piggyback style.


    *for point of reference - the male Meditite Medeo is now level 14*
    __________________
    fb
    Last edited by -Hayward-; 5th April 2009 at 4:38 AM.

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Piplup
    Posts
    2,475

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl's Perap View Post
    The Funhouse

    Silver Wind
    With a decision made and a offering in the form of a Payapa Berry, Pathos the Abra seemed ready to make his way into his and Flippy's chosen location, the ball pit. As the both of you enter the technicolor room with the large pool of rainbow spheres, the tiny yellow pokémon continues walking, wading into the leisure area without a second thought. For a few seconds, the psychic type pokémon scraped around near to the edge, as if he was looking for a clue to help the two of you get deeper into the bizarre fun house. As you watch, the Abra tosses balls high into the air behind him, searching further and further into the pool. After a few more moments pass, the yellow pokémon surfaces and begins to use his telepathic voice, "What am I even looking for?" he chuckles before diving once more to resume his hunt.

    As time passes, you stand on the sidelines hoping for some sort of progress. From where you are standing, it just seems like Pathos is enjoying himself, rather than helping you get further through the weird building. Eventually, he resurfaces amongst the spheres and leaps onto the edge next to you. "I've found what looks like two pressure pads, both have the symbol for the psychic type, a purple eye. My hunch says we need me and another psychic type to press down on them to gain some sort of progress?" With this, Pathos smiles up to you and, as he does, a bustling appears behind you, in the roped room. Dashing across, wanting to know what the commotion was, a small boy appears before you, "Mimey, let's try the other room, those ropes are confusing.." his tiny voice utters and, as he speaks, a Mime Jr. appears behind him, hopping along and dancing as it does so. "Ask him if he can help?" Pathos says, pointing towards the pool and the location of the two potential psychic type pressure pads...
    Pathos Teleported on Flippy's shoulders, his toothless grin widely and cheerier than usual. Luck was on their side today, fortunately a young boy happened to stagger across their path just as Pathos exposed a clue to unlocking the secrets of the Fun House. "Way to go, P Diddy!" he says encouragingly. "This should unquestionably be worth our while, those panels look very curious.. Visualize what we might discover.." Pathos grin extended wider, and snickered as he leapt off his back.

    For a second, the Diddler had been preoccupied by the brief praising he gave his pokémon and had forgotten all about the boy in the first place. Stepping out into the hallway with Pathos at his side, the Diddler made his toward the boy, swiftly and unspoken, not did want to make his presence acknowledged right away. The duo slunk desperately after the boy, but was simply trying to keep him in sight.

    "Hmm, what have we here? A poor lost little boy, very much seeking what was once his again. Here, let me help you get even with this crook here." The Diddler mused. Pathos scrunched his face in bewilderment. What did he mean by 'once his'? But before he even got the opportunity to utter a syllable in response the Diddler pointed a finger at the boy. He tritely felt bad for the kid; maybe dealing with him as if he was retard would best get this on their way. He only needed him for his pokémon, god forbid this punk wanted follow him on his party pooping crusade. "Let's cut to the chase, pretty boy. I have something you want, and you have something I want. Come to the Ball Pit, and help me Abra open this clandestine thinger. Ask for hanker after." With that he wandered back into the room where they previously were.
    After You TL1: o2 W - o3 L - o1 D

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl's Perap View Post

    The Merry Maze

    Tale
    Still firmly holding onto the back of the alternatively coloured Ponyta's metallic blue mane, a variety of bizarre sights pass your line of sight. The various horse pokémon running ahead appeared to be losing parts of their bodies. At first you think this is your imagination playing tricks on you, but when a whole Rapidash tail becomes detached and flies in your direction, you realize this situation has taken and even stranger turn than previously. Luckily for you, your steed happens to follow the rest of its 'herd' deep into the maze and, as the horse pokémon gallop maniacally, they reach a dead end. A sigh of relief as your steed comes to a halt, you get to see the other pokémon closer. Each one was missing vital limbs and other body parts and, where they were meant to be, a purple haze was seeping out.

    "Pooo!" your steed whinnies, turning its mechanical head to look up at you. Despite it being anamatronic, you sense that there is definitely something wrong with the situation at hand. As this thought passes through your mind, the 'herd' turn their attention towards you, the majority of which bolt and run directly past you and the shiny Ponyta, returning the way they had come, back to the merry go round. However, it appeared as though one remained. It was the Rapidash whos tail had nearly knocked your head clean off. From the hole in the backside of the model, the odd haze seemed to be pouring out at an ever increasing speed. It wasn't long before the miasma-like substance had begun to take a shape. A large gaseous sphere formed from the rear end of the Rapidash, a weird sight in itself. "Enjoy the ride? You had better have done, you wont be experiencing that sort of thing again..." a deep and scratchy voice cackled from the smoke before a pokémon revealed itself. It was a Gastly, grinning in a rather sinister manner. "Beat me in a battle and I might just let you live..." the ghost pokémon began once more...
    With a rousing whinny, his steed obediently gathered its pace and proceeded with a gallop in tailing its mechanical counterparts. A vitalising wind rushed past his bearded face, and, adopting a posture to heighten aerodynamics, faced the leading herd and entrance to the maze with an anticipating grin. Accompanied by an illusory heroism that found him placed in a typically chimerical scenario, Oscar entered the maze atop his atypically-coloured pony with an irrepressible yell of glee.

    Automatically, his mount tailed every motion of its mechanical herd, weaving through the maze with an unyielding pace. Oscar, gleefully contented by the means through which this maze was navigated, had begun to ease his grip upon the glossy blue mane of the carousel Ponyta. Almost within the same instant, he unnervingly registered the gradual decapitation of the herd ahead, following a stray appendage as it whizzed past the pounding hooves of his steed. His spirit flickered slightly at the hint of eeriness that had decided to reacquaint itself with his adventure and he cautiously scrutinised - to the best of his ability, considering the current velocity at which he travelled - the tight area that had him enclosed. Feeling once more the slight pang of retrospective distress at his habitual recklessness, the thrill that still coursed through his being substantially stifled any hint of regret. When a rock-hard tail soared precariously past his upturned head, Oscar’s attentiveness intensified for the better, and he re-established his aerodynamic stance.

    Just a few moments later, and the unexpected had once more lunged into play as the seemingly purposeful herd slid to a halt at the encounter of a dead-end in the winding path. Now stationary, his approach accelerated until the dilapidated group of carousel models were fully-distinguishable in the shadowed light of the maze - and from their various, mismatched orifices, a purple miasmatic haze had begun to seep ominously. From this perception, Oscar drew the ever-familiar sense of foreboding that implied impending difficulties.

    However, any presupposed assault was seemingly invalidated by the sudden reanimation of the emotionless herd, as they established a revisiting course for the entrance - almost as though their purpose, both genuine and accomplished, was to lure Oscar to this particular corner of the unfathomable maze. Now, he recognised, he was irrevocably lost.

    Miffed and anxious at the Ponyta’s lack of pursuit, he could only survey as the various models sped past him, leaving but a single Rapidash imitation standing immobile before him. As the Ponyta on which he sat glanced up at him, Oscar noticed an menacing tweak in the atmosphere. While he’d already recognised the peculiarity of his current situation, there were still greater mysteries looming - one of which seemed to pour at an ever-increasing rate from the rear orifice of the Rapidash model, where its hazardous tail was once fastened.

    “Possessed….” he glanced at his Ponyta, “Of course…”

    Before the opportunity for a swift flight had presented itself, Oscar was confronted with the concealed occupant of the Rapidash shell, which materialised with a sinister voice.

    "Enjoy the ride? You had better have done, you wont be experiencing that sort of thing again..."

    As the gaseous ghost became distinguishable, an ill-omened Gastly seemingly intent on harming Oscar, Oscar dipped his hand into his coat pocket. ”Beat me in a battle and I might just let you live…” it was almost as though the spectre had anticipated Oscar’s response. Although, Oscar did not intend to face-off - at least, not within the strict limitations of this dead-end battlefield.

    Having lost what faith he’d established in his temporary steed, Oscar dismounted. From the top pocket he withdrew the Pokeball that encased Friedrich, his stalwart Corphish, and he began to back away.

    “If we are to battle, we shan’t do it statically. Approach me.” He let the ball fall from his grasp, and from it, Friedrich emerged, his solid pincers clipping threateningly at the air. Oscar began to pace backwards, running a hand along the maze wall to guide him. Once his touch met the first gap, he’d slip through it, continuing the bout with the ghost all the while, never averting his gaze. Now, it seemed, the maze required a manual navigation.

    “Keep close to me, Friedrich, but do not sacrifice the motion of battle to do so. We’ll move through the maze as we battle. Now, commence with a Leer. Follow it with Ancientpower and let’s get moving through this maze.”

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Posts
    2,270

    Default

    [Updates are a heeeere! I'm beginning to fall behind so much, I hate it :x]

    The Underbelly

    Amras.MG
    As you, Rochelle and the pokémon companions pursue the bare human footprints further and further down the corridor at a quickening pace, the woman breaks the silence with one word, "Sorry." With this, you stop in your tracks, turning towards her, "I should explain why I'm down here..." With this, the woman paces over to a small boulder, sitting herself down with a sad look on her face. "You see, the reason I'm down here, well, I'm looking for...someone very close to me.." As the woman finishes, you notice a lone tear trickle down her face, dropping onto the cold cavern floor. With a breezing motion, Idrial glides across the cavern, kneeling slightly to place a soothing hand on the woman's shoulder.

    "I know though, if I find this person, they aren't going to be the same person, I just...want to say goodbye properly.." Rochelle smiles at the Gardevoir at her side and the Houndour puppy who was now sat at her feet. It is safe to say that this woman will mean you no harm as you see both your loved pokémon, seemingly completely at ease in her presence. "Anyway, we are losing time, I'm surprised we haven't been assaulted thus far..." Standing up, the woman grabs your arm and the four of you begin down the tunnel once more. After a few minutes, you reach a round room. In the centre of the room is what seemed like a dining table fit for a king, with all the chairs still in place around it. As the four of you begin to explore the room. At the opposite side of the room is a wrought iron gate with a single keyhole in it. In one quick motion, Idrial uses her psychic powers to lift the odd key from your pocket. However, as she does, she instantly drops it and turns on her feet, a look of horror in her eyes. Little did you know, in the heights of the room was a chandelier and atop the chandelier was a rather sinister looking Honchkrow, ruffling her feathers and glaring down at you, "See, obstacles everywhere..." Rochelle utters as the huge crow drops from the rafters, landing on the dining table before you...

    Miasma Heights [Between areas]

    -Hayward-
    With your initial Miasma Heights battle out of the way and a victory for Medeo, the psychic pokémon insists on you helping the injured Cacnea. Despite it attacking you first, the least you could do was get the pokémon medication of some sort. As you kneel to scoop the cactus pokémon in your arms and request that Meditite is ready to protect it at all costs, the two of you walk away from the shadowy game shacks, back the way you came. As you walk, Medeo notices something up ahead. It seems to be a map of the entire park and hotel and the two of you pace towards it quickly. Upon reaching it, the entire thing appears to have a layer of grime, not having being looked at for many a moon. Leaping upwards, the Meditite scrubs away at the muck, revealing the map of the park that once was.

    "Med!" the psychic pokémon points at the map, denoting where the three of you were located at the moment. Scanning quickly, you notice that each ride has their own first aid facilities. Looking up at you, Medeo shakes his head rapidly and points at a different location, sliding his tiny finger along the path one of the rides takes and stopping at a picture of what looks to be a beautiful garden. It seems that the psychic pokémon believes the pokémon should be placed in an appropriate area, rather than taken to the first aid locations. The area in the park best suited to the wild Cacnea was the decorative gardens, but the only way of reaching them was to ride on the Mantina Mania ride and depart prematurely. In your arms, the cactus rustles, "Cac!" It becomes apparent that Medeo is not far wrong, the Cacnea wants to be taken to the Decorative Gardens rather than be healed at a first aid post. With Medeo making a decision, the pokémon makes a mental note of the location of Mantine Mania and begins to walk, expecting you to follow...

    The Funhouse

    Silver Wind
    After engaging the young boy in brief conversation, you make your way back into the rool within which the large ball pit was located. Behind you, an audible shuffle lets you know the child has followed. "Excuse me mister, you're quite confusing, can you talk normally?" a small voice appears behind you, the boy not wanting to sound rude, stood with a cheery grin on his face. As he looks up to you, Pathos scans the child up and down with his mind, "Seems like he has a pokémon that can help us out" the Abra utters into your mind, so the child cannot hear him. With a quick flash, the psychic pokémon teleports to the boy's feet, poking his leg, "I require your Mime Jr's assistance, now"

    With Pathos' quick request, the boy nods several times and, in a heartbeat, his Mime Jr is standing before you, spinning cheerfully on its tiny legs. Within moments, the tiny pokémon leaps into the ball pit, swimming amongst the rainbow spheres before a quick 'clunk' is heard from the depths, "Careful, Mimey!" the child cries out, unsure about the room. Quickly but quietly, Pathos leaps into the air, performs a quick nose dive and disappears beneath the balls. As a second 'clunk' is heard, the wall opposite the two boys, on the other side of the ball pit, began to open slowly. Balls began pouring into the newly uncovered corridor and Pathos surfaces before teleporting back to Flippy's shoulder. "There's something coming..." the Abra utters quickly to you and the boy and, surely enough, a shadow forms in the new doorway. As the pokémon's form became apparent, the child gasped, "The dread pokémon, Absol!" He was correct, the sinister canine now stood before you, Pathos and the child.

    "MIMEY!" the small boy cried and, as he did, the Absol lunged into the balls, grabbing at the tiny Mime Jr with its poweful jaws, resurfacing with the poor pokémon in its mouth. Its eyes glinting, it remains where it stands, the tiny psychic monster squirming around in its mouth, "Do something, please?" the young boy turns to you, his eyes filling with tears...

    The Merry Maze

    Tale
    With the Ponyta's way of motion completely revealed and a horrid foe in the form of Ghastly hovering in the air before you, you are quick to decide on a plan and release Friedrich, your Corphish companion. Not planning on direct assault, you utter your orders to the crustacean and quickly begin to move in the direction the haunted steed had brought you. Behind you, the crab engaged in a quick burst of combat with the Ghastly, standing in one spot with a horrific glare on his tiny face. Despite its terrifying demeanor, the ghost pokémon stays where it is, a look of fear in its eyes at Friedrich's Leer. "Hah, it'll take more than that..." the ghosts face changes in an instant, obviously faking its fear of the Corphish. In an instant, the Ghastly swoops at Friedrich, battering him with its large round head.

    As you continue onwards down the hedged passage, you stop to look back and see how your crustacean is getting on. As you do, the Corphish summons up a large sphere of white energy, using both pincirs to send it in the direction of the Ghastly. As the attack buffets the ghost, Friedrich sees his time to escape, scuttling quickly until he reaches your feet. With the Corphish back with you, the ghost begins a hot pursuit, recovering from the power of the ancient attack as best it can. In an instant, the crab grabs at the cuff of your trousers, pulling you further down the passage. As the two of you run in hopes of finding your way out of the maze, the Ghastly catches up. This time, however, the pokémon does not attack, but merely pursues you. Eventually you reach a fork in the road, "Left or right, life or death, light or dark..." The ghost behind you begins muttering, awaiting your decision...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •