Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 126 to 150 of 150

Thread: Miasma Heights - The Deserted Theme Park's Recorded History

  1. #126
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Posts
    2,019

    Default

    Miasma Heights - Between Areas

    Demon Skittle

    Setting off in what you can only imagine is the direction of the fabled fortune teller's hut, Karen begins to walk a little faster, causing both you and your two pokémon to pick up the pace also, following close behind. The walk seems to take quite a while as you pass a variety of abandoned theme park rides, each one looking even spookier than the last in the palely lit area. After walking for a number of minutes, Karen suddenly breaks the silence. "So, what brings you to this place? Rather a sinister place for a young girl such as yourself..." Before you can even begin, however, Prestige begins to list the various happenings so far to the superior figure, exaggerating each and every detail to make himself seem like he had been the overall complete savior. Annoyed by his egotistical manner, Ana aims a quick jab to his tail with a wooly paw, causing the Kadabra to stop bragging. "Seems like you've got quite the pair here..." Karen chuckled, motioning an arm to the now bickering Kadabra and Flaaffy. Whilst both your attentions are elsewhere with the pokémon, neither of you seem to realize that you have covered the whole park and, before you, is a tiny tent. Purple and orange in color, a sign hung above the door, emblazoned with a large and intricate eye muriel, "Guess this is the place..." Karen murmured, pushing past the draped entrance and entering the darkness, promptly followed by Prestige and Ana. As you too follow into the tent, a rather amazing sight meets your eyes. Sat at a round table, surrounded by all sorts of books and tarot cards is an aged woman. However, you notice she seems to be glowing in a rather ethereal manner, letting you know in an instant that this woman was no longer a physical being. "What is it that you ladies seek?" her voice crackles and a toothless half grin forms on her face...

    What will you do?

  2. #127
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    u ess ay
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl's Perap View Post
    Miasma Heights - Between Areas

    Demon Skittle

    Setting off in what you can only imagine is the direction of the fabled fortune teller's hut, Karen begins to walk a little faster, causing both you and your two pokémon to pick up the pace also, following close behind. The walk seems to take quite a while as you pass a variety of abandoned theme park rides, each one looking even spookier than the last in the palely lit area. After walking for a number of minutes, Karen suddenly breaks the silence. "So, what brings you to this place? Rather a sinister place for a young girl such as yourself..." Before you can even begin, however, Prestige begins to list the various happenings so far to the superior figure, exaggerating each and every detail to make himself seem like he had been the overall complete savior. Annoyed by his egotistical manner, Ana aims a quick jab to his tail with a wooly paw, causing the Kadabra to stop bragging. "Seems like you've got quite the pair here..." Karen chuckled, motioning an arm to the now bickering Kadabra and Flaaffy. Whilst both your attentions are elsewhere with the pokémon, neither of you seem to realize that you have covered the whole park and, before you, is a tiny tent. Purple and orange in color, a sign hung above the door, emblazoned with a large and intricate eye muriel, "Guess this is the place..." Karen murmured, pushing past the draped entrance and entering the darkness, promptly followed by Prestige and Ana. As you too follow into the tent, a rather amazing sight meets your eyes. Sat at a round table, surrounded by all sorts of books and tarot cards is an aged woman. However, you notice she seems to be glowing in a rather ethereal manner, letting you know in an instant that this woman was no longer a physical being. "What is it that you ladies seek?" her voice crackles and a toothless half grin forms on her face...

    What will you do?
    Lead the way... right. Having to pick up the pace in order to keep up with Karen, who had now taken the lead, they walked along in silence, until the Elite 4 member said "So, what brings you to this place? Rather a sinister place for a young girl such as yourself..."

    Before Alina could even open her mouth Prestige had began his rant "Well you see miss, we were walking along until suddenly Alina collapsed onto the ground. Alberta the Charmander was there at the time, and surely couldn't drag Alina by herself so she called upon me, the amazing Prestige, and we carried Alina to the nearest shelter, the hotel of Miasma Heights. We put her into the most comfortable couch we could find, until suddenly, a Darkrai attacked, knocking out Alberta in one hit. It couldn't trick me though, and I teleported away, freezing it with a Blizzard where I picked up Alina and made our escape. Then, we went into the tunnels before the Darkrai could defrost and follow us, but we needed light. Unable to carry both Alina and light the way, I called upon Ana to light the tunnel for us. But, being the weakling Ana is--"

    At this Ana swiftly punched Prestige's back, and he immediately discontinued his rant. Karen chuckled at the two, commenting "Seems like you've got quite the pair here..."

    "Yeah, my motley crew..." Alina muttered, glaring at Prestige along with Ana. Finally, they stopped at the entrance to an orange and purple hut, emblazoned with a decorative mural of an eye. "Guess this is the place..." Karen murmured, entering the hut with Ana and Prestige following close behind. As Alina entered the hut she observed tarot cards, crystal balls, and all sorts of supernatural tools. Prestige chuckled as he looked around the hut, saying, "Hmph, human beings having psychic powers and attempting to do what only psychic Pokemon can? Right-o..."

    Before the four sat a pale, almost transparent woman who was glowing slightly. It was obvious that she was indeed a ghost of the fortune teller that used to reside here. In a crackling and ghostly voice, the woman said "What is it that you ladies seek?"

    Alina was the first to speak. "Yeah, you know that Tyranitar that was seen here? Can you maybe point us in the direction of it, or tell us something useful, or something?"
    "My pedestal was too high for me to climb off of. In fact, that's the reason for the high horse."

    Fizzy of Bubbles
    And Another Useless Art Blog

  3. #128
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Posts
    2,019

    Default

    The Fortune Teller's Tent

    Demon Skittle

    Answering the woman's question, you quickly inquire about the whereabouts of the dark rock type Karen wanted to pursue. With your words, the spirit stands up from her chair, pacing around the side of her circular table to stand before you and the elite four trainer. Barely coming up to your waist, the fortune teller's spirit looks up to you, "Seeking the Tyranitar, interesting. In all of the time I have been bound to this place, I have never had two people come to me requesting such similar assistance." Confused by these words, Karen speaks out quickly, "Similar assistance? You mean to tell us that we aren't going to be the only ones hunting down this beast?" Her voice had a shocked tone to it, she had obviously thought that no-one else would have been up to the challenge of engaging the incredible beast in combat. "Yes, a man. He appeared here a number of days previous, seemed rather pushy. Naturally, I sent him in the wrong direction..." With this remark, the ghostly woman chuckled to herself, despite her age and current state, she seemed rather content. Itching to continue on her hunt for the tyrant pokémon, Karen began firing questions at the fortune teller, each one as trivial as the last before the woman stopped her, "The monster has been seen to dwell around the makeshift graveyard. I myself have forseen it there too..." she motioned towards the pale sphere atop her ornate table, a crystal ball with which she must keep an eye on the whole of Miasma Heights. With a firm location, Karen thanked the woman before sharply exiting the hut, calling for you to follow after her. With a nod, the old woman resumes her seat and the curtained doorway opens on its own, offering you passage through, back into the deserted theme park...

    What will you do?

  4. #129
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    u ess ay
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl's Perap View Post
    The Fortune Teller's Tent

    Demon Skittle

    Answering the woman's question, you quickly inquire about the whereabouts of the dark rock type Karen wanted to pursue. With your words, the spirit stands up from her chair, pacing around the side of her circular table to stand before you and the elite four trainer. Barely coming up to your waist, the fortune teller's spirit looks up to you, "Seeking the Tyranitar, interesting. In all of the time I have been bound to this place, I have never had two people come to me requesting such similar assistance." Confused by these words, Karen speaks out quickly, "Similar assistance? You mean to tell us that we aren't going to be the only ones hunting down this beast?" Her voice had a shocked tone to it, she had obviously thought that no-one else would have been up to the challenge of engaging the incredible beast in combat. "Yes, a man. He appeared here a number of days previous, seemed rather pushy. Naturally, I sent him in the wrong direction..." With this remark, the ghostly woman chuckled to herself, despite her age and current state, she seemed rather content. Itching to continue on her hunt for the tyrant pokémon, Karen began firing questions at the fortune teller, each one as trivial as the last before the woman stopped her, "The monster has been seen to dwell around the makeshift graveyard. I myself have forseen it there too..." she motioned towards the pale sphere atop her ornate table, a crystal ball with which she must keep an eye on the whole of Miasma Heights. With a firm location, Karen thanked the woman before sharply exiting the hut, calling for you to follow after her. With a nod, the old woman resumes her seat and the curtained doorway opens on its own, offering you passage through, back into the deserted theme park...

    What will you do?
    The woman stood from her chair to slowly wander up to Karen and Alina, seemingly amused by something. She was just barely taller than Ana, and only came up to Alina's waist. Looking up at the two trainers the woman said, "Seeking the Tyranitar, interesting. In all of the time I have been bound to this place, I have never had two people come to me requesting such similar assistance."

    Two people? Did she mean just Karen and herself, or was there somebody else with the same mission..? Karen seemed to be thinking along the same lines, quickly speaking, "Similar assistance? You mean to tell us that we aren't going to be the only ones hunting down this beast?"

    "Yes, a man," replied the ghost. "He appeared here a number of days previous, seemed rather pushy. Naturally, I sent him in the wrong direction..."

    As the woman chuckled to herself, Karen began to fire off question after question, every question seeming trivial and unnecessary. Alina stood off to the side discussing fortune telling and other supernatural things with Prestige as they waited for Karen and looked about the old, dusty hut.

    "The monster has been seen to dwell around the makeshift graveyard," continued the ghost. "I myself have foreseen it there too..."

    Alina took a quick glance towards the crystal ball on the table before looking out in the direction of the graveyard. The ghost had now wandered back around the table and resumed her position in her chair, the curtained doorway opening on their own. After curtly thanking the woman, Karen sharply exited the hut, beckoning for Alina to follow.

    "Um, thank you," said Alina, bowing slightly. "Forgive Karen, she's all hyped about this thing--"

    After another call from Karen, Alina quickly waved good bye to the ghostly woman, then ran through the curtained door to catch up with her powerful companion...
    "My pedestal was too high for me to climb off of. In fact, that's the reason for the high horse."

    Fizzy of Bubbles
    And Another Useless Art Blog

  5. #130
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Posts
    2,019

    Default

    Miasma Heights - Between Areas

    Demon Skittle

    Exiting the fortune teller's tent as quickly as you entered, due to Karen's enthusiasm about hunting down the Tyranitar, said to be dwelling here in the deserted theme park of Miasma Heights. Behind you, you seem to believe you hear the fortune teller's voice one last time, "Farewell and good luck, little Alina..." Turning to your Kadabra to see if you were merely hearing things, Prestige looks up to you with a slightly confused look. As he turned to you, he projected his telepathic voice into your head once more, "Pretty sure you didn't tell her your name back there, maybe she IS psychic after all." With such a funny notion in his mind, the Kadabra chuckled to himself. As you catch up to Karen, she grins at both you and Prestige, "Looks like we've got ourselves a location. I'm still confused about this second person though..." With her words, she turned to walk off once more, heading off towards the makeshift graveyard. As you and your little crew continue pacing across the theme park once more, you come to a humongous tent, obviously the place rumoured to have battle competitions against the most dangerous of foes. "I'd love to try my luck in there, it's rumoured to be packed with ghosts and my dark types would show them what for..." Prestige looked up to you, despite her being a trainer of the type powerful against his own, he admired the woman. Located behind the tent were several large plaques, each one engraved with the names of the children lost in the ride and a whole variety of sentimental items. Despite her constant haste so far, the elite four member stops to take in the names. Minutes go by as the woman stands in silence, absorbing all the names. "Such a horrific event, it was apparently started by a pokémon. I sure as God hope it wasn't that Tyranitar, that could put us in serious danger." It seemed only know that she was realizing the severity of the situation she could be putting both you and herself in. Despite this moment of dwelling, however, she turns to you before pointing behind her. As you avert your gaze to see what she is pointing at, you notice a rather beaten track, leading into a small thicket, "The graveyard is through these woods, I can imagine it would be a really tranquil place...if the theme park wasn't deserted..." Without waiting for any confirmation from you, the woman turns heels once more, walking towards the path and into the woods. In a matter of seconds, you hear the woman cry out and, after following, realize she has been ambushed by a horde of pokémon. Before the two of you are a pair of angry Drowzee and a Hypno, "I'll take the Drowzee, you take the Hypno..." she barks to you, grasping two pokéballs from a deep pocket. In a flash, a huge Drapion and a ferocious Mightyena appear before Karen, the hyena baying for the chance to battle. Turning to you with a smile, Karen utters a singular word, "Go!"

    What will you do?

  6. #131
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    u ess ay
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl's Perap View Post
    Miasma Heights - Between Areas

    Demon Skittle

    Exiting the fortune teller's tent as quickly as you entered, due to Karen's enthusiasm about hunting down the Tyranitar, said to be dwelling here in the deserted theme park of Miasma Heights. Behind you, you seem to believe you hear the fortune teller's voice one last time, "Farewell and good luck, little Alina..." Turning to your Kadabra to see if you were merely hearing things, Prestige looks up to you with a slightly confused look. As he turned to you, he projected his telepathic voice into your head once more, "Pretty sure you didn't tell her your name back there, maybe she IS psychic after all." With such a funny notion in his mind, the Kadabra chuckled to himself. As you catch up to Karen, she grins at both you and Prestige, "Looks like we've got ourselves a location. I'm still confused about this second person though..." With her words, she turned to walk off once more, heading off towards the makeshift graveyard. As you and your little crew continue pacing across the theme park once more, you come to a humongous tent, obviously the place rumoured to have battle competitions against the most dangerous of foes. "I'd love to try my luck in there, it's rumoured to be packed with ghosts and my dark types would show them what for..." Prestige looked up to you, despite her being a trainer of the type powerful against his own, he admired the woman. Located behind the tent were several large plaques, each one engraved with the names of the children lost in the ride and a whole variety of sentimental items. Despite her constant haste so far, the elite four member stops to take in the names. Minutes go by as the woman stands in silence, absorbing all the names. "Such a horrific event, it was apparently started by a pokémon. I sure as God hope it wasn't that Tyranitar, that could put us in serious danger." It seemed only know that she was realizing the severity of the situation she could be putting both you and herself in. Despite this moment of dwelling, however, she turns to you before pointing behind her. As you avert your gaze to see what she is pointing at, you notice a rather beaten track, leading into a small thicket, "The graveyard is through these woods, I can imagine it would be a really tranquil place...if the theme park wasn't deserted..." Without waiting for any confirmation from you, the woman turns heels once more, walking towards the path and into the woods. In a matter of seconds, you hear the woman cry out and, after following, realize she has been ambushed by a horde of pokémon. Before the two of you are a pair of angry Drowzee and a Hypno, "I'll take the Drowzee, you take the Hypno..." she barks to you, grasping two pokéballs from a deep pocket. In a flash, a huge Drapion and a ferocious Mightyena appear before Karen, the hyena baying for the chance to battle. Turning to you with a smile, Karen utters a singular word, "Go!"

    What will you do?
    "Farewell and good luck, little Alina..."

    The trainer spun around, searching for the source of the voice that she had just heard. However, only Prestige and Ana stood behind Alina, staring back at her in silence. Prestige smiled slightly, then stated, "Pretty sure you didn't tell her your name back there, maybe she IS psychic after all."

    Once the trio had caught up with Karen, the E4 member turned to them, grinning "Looks like we've got ourselves a location. I'm still confused about this second person though..."

    Alina was more concerned than confused about the 2nd man. According to the fortune teller this man was rather pushy, and seemed to want to find this Tyranitar as much as Karen. She was convinced that this man would probably be trouble for them if their paths ever crossed.

    As Karen and the trio crossed the theme park in the direction of the graveyard, they passed a rather large circus tent, which must have been the place rumored to have dangerous competitions held here. Karen remarked, "I'd love to try my luck in there, it's rumoured to be packed with ghosts and my dark types would show them what for..."

    "My Gastly would probably be at home in a place like that," Alina murmured, briefly glancing at the tent. She could sense that Prestige had some sort of admiration for the dark type trainer, but said nothing of it. Finally, they stopped at the edge of the make-shift graveyard, located behind the gigantic tent. Plaques and assorted memoirs were scattered across the ground, names of the fallen engraved into every plaque. Alina stopped before a plaque engraved with the name "Jeremy" and stared for a moment as Karen wandered about observing each and every plaque. "Such a horrific event, it was apparently started by a pokémon," Karen began. "I sure as God hope it wasn't that Tyranitar, that could put us in serious danger."

    "You think?" Prestige whispered to Alina. He never liked the idea of chasing a big, scary dark type, especially a giant one. Karen then turned to Alina, pointing behind her, "The graveyard is through these woods, I can imagine it would be a really tranquil place...if the theme park wasn't deserted..."

    "I don't like the sound of that..." Alina began, but Karen had already started walking towards the forest. Sighing, Alina followed Karen along the path into the woods, despite her worries. And naturally, in a matter of seconds, Karen was ambushed by two Drowzee and a Hypno.

    "I'll take the Drowzee, you take the Hypno..." she ordered to Alina. Alina nodded and dug through her pocket to find Ana's Pokeball, pulling it out and sucking the sheep back into the red and white ball. She wasn't fit for another battle anyway. Prestige jumped before the Hypno, readying himself for battle, but Alina pulled out another Pokeball, and sucked her Kadabra back into his own ball as well. The trainer ignored her Pokemon's cursing from within his Pokeball and pulled out a third red and white ball.

    "You could use some fresh air, couldn't you, Iggy?" Alina smiled, tossing the ball into the air, and in a flash of red light releasing the gigantic, fiery ferret. Ignatius the Typhlosion stretched and yawned widely, scratching his chin as he observed the Hypno before him. He figured, now that he was fully evolved, that he no longer needed to do any "work," since he felt the third stage of evolution allowed him to "retire."

    "Okay, Iggy," Alina said as she shoved her Typhlosion closer to the Hypno. Ignatius scoffed, hating to be dragged out of his "retirement" to battle, but then again, he couldn't refuse a battle. Alina continued issuing orders, "Begin with a Wish and Howl, then go in for a Flare Blitz."
    "My pedestal was too high for me to climb off of. In fact, that's the reason for the high horse."

    Fizzy of Bubbles
    And Another Useless Art Blog

  7. #132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl's Perap View Post

    The Underbelly

    Amras.MG
    Having issued several more attacks for the incredibly pumped Houndour, you watch the battle begin to unfold before yours and the woman's eyes once more. The little puppy careered into the centre of the room, leaping at the table, causing the Honchkrow to take flight once more. As the dark pokémon lands atop the table, he barks loudly, his whole body engulfed in flames before they are expelled upwards at the crow. With the flames nearing the bird, it cries out in horror, but it cannot move in time. The fire attacks damages the bird severely and it lands in the rafters, not retaliating at the moment. "Wow, that thing almost seems...scared..." Rochelle murmured, looking towards you with a puzzled look on her face. As she does, you begin to question her, with the battle on hold for the moment. "The thing is, I don't know an incredible lot about this place. I have been here for a number of months on and off, I'm looking for somebody you see..." She looked away with these words, obviously not wanting to look you in the eye at the moment. As the woman turns, you notice her hand slide into her pocket, removing a minimized sphere. In a split second, a red flash leads to a pokémon materializing before you, "Meet Malice..." The pokémon was a Houndour with a black collar. Without warning, Rensing careers past you, forgetting his battle to rub up against the other Houndour, "You see, this is Rensing's sister..." However, before the two can properly become acquainted, the Honchkrow swoops into action once more, flying directly at both the pups. Remembering himself, Rensing leaps up quickly, firing a burst of purple flames in the form of dragon rage. With this attack, the bird screeches once more. This time, though, it continues the assault, flying in with another wing attack. Again, the pup manages to dodge, landing on the huge crow's back. As the Honchkrow flies upwards, the tiny canine bites into its neck, fangs sparking like before. With a frenzied shake, the Houndour drops down to the ground once more. Looking on, you see that the flying type is beginning to falter, landing on the ground a matter of metres away, "Yes! The last attack paralyzed it..." Rochelle cried out. With the battle over for the moment, the bird struggling with its new body condition, the Houndour's reunite once more, "We can talk more later, right now we need to get rid of this foe, that door at the back of the room is where we need to go through!"

    What will you do?[/color]
    Rensing continues to surprise Amras, dealing massive damage to his much more powerful foe and effectively turning the tide in the battle. With a few massive attacks being unleashed on it all at once, Honckrow was starting to look pretty weak, and Amras knew that he needed to end the battle now... and not just because they needed to keep moving. These catacombs were giving Rensing some sort of crazy battle lust, and until he was able to determine if this was a good or bad thing, Amras knew he had to keep Rensing's orders quick, focused, and decisive. Also bombarding Amras' train of thought was Rochelle's sudden admission of being the trainer of Rensing's brother, which he knew immediately to be true due to the two Houndour's obvious comfort with each other. Deciding that he could work through the various possibilities of this development after the Honckrow was defeated, Amras nodded in agreement with Rochelle's comment about defeating the bird and returned his focus to the battle. Holding the Strange Key tightly in his hand and turning Rensing back towards the battle, promising him a reunion after Honckrow was defeated, Amras began to detail this round's battles for his puppy, before edging ever closer to the door at the back of the room with Rochelle and Rensing's sister.

    "Rensing, you're doing super awesome! Let's finish Honckrow off! Use a Fire Spin to trap it there, then Thunder Fang! If it's still concious, finish it off with a Dragon Rage!"

  8. #133
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Posts
    2,019

    Default

    [Little later than expected, been watching Desperate Housewives rather busy. I hope these two are good ^_^]

    Miasma Heights (Between Areas)

    Demon Skittle
    Having to act quickly to assist your elite companion with the new threat, two Drowzee and a single Hypno, you decide that the best pokémon to get rid of the evolved psychic type would be your first pokémon, Ignatius the Typhlosion. As the sleek fire type materialized out of his pokéball, he did a wide stretch followed up by a yawn. Being fully evolved, he would much rather relax than have to battle, but he wasn't at the age of retirement just yet. Seeing the fact he had a rather powerful looking Hypno before him that he was required to deal with, you notice him perk up slightly, it was going to be more of a challenge than he had expected. With your pokémon released, Karen's two companions look over to Ignatius, nodding in a rather friendly manner, despite their dark personas. It is at that point that Karen utters several attacks to each and the battle begins. Both of her powerful pokémon leaping forwards at their respective Drowzee, you realize that now is the time for a few commands for the Typhlosion. Readying himself, Ignatius pads forwards in the direction of the psychic pokémon. You notice him close his eyes as he does so, already beginning his initial attack. In mere seconds, his flames begin to burn even brighter than ever as his wish becomes granted. A look of shock overcomes to Hypno before him and, not wanting to be at a disadvantage, clamps his eyes shut too, also apparently wishing for a better battle. However, as the psychic type begins to wish, Ignatius takes the time to begin a guttural howl, the act disturbing Hypno and causing him to completely lose his focus, his wish going ungranted. Angered, the pokémon throws both arms in the air before opening his mouth wide, an orb of psychic energy forming in the centre of him before he throws it in the direction of the Typhlosion, the Psychic attack knocking him sidewards but not damaging him as much as it should have done, due to his previous wish. As the Typhlosion regains his posture once more, standing up from all fours to look even more intimidating, his flames begin to burn brighter than ever. However, rather than merely remaining upon his shoulders, the inferno begins to rip across his whole being, engulfing him in a ball of flames. It is at this moment that Karen gasps, glancing over to you and your own personal battle, "Flare Blitz, that Typhlosion must be rather powerful..." With this comment, it was time for Ignatius to complete his attack, nodding backwards at you and Karen before lunging forth at the Hypno. As the two make contact, the flames tear at the psychic type also as he cries out in pain, scratching at the opponent to get him away. With his final attack issued, the Typhlosion pads back to his beginning location, the flames having damaged him in the process of the Flare Blitz. Despite this, Ignatius has plenty of game left in him, not having used up much energy and having only lost a portion of hitpoints. Having finished, he looks back to you, awaiting several more commands for the battle. At exactly the same point, Karen's pokémon leap backwards, landing nearby. Glancing into the trees, you notice two rather battered looking Drowzee, they still appeared to be ready to spar, but were looking a little worse for wear. "Round two, let's go!" Karen barks, all three of the pokémon nodding, your Typhlosion included. Despite his initial displeasure towards being dragged out of his pokéball to battle, he seemed pumped to continue...

    What will you do?

    The Underbelly

    Amras.MG
    With several attacks to finish the battle and a few encouraging words for the Houndour pup, he nods, ready to spar with the large crow once more. As he lunges forwards, you quickly begin a pursuit after the woman and her female puppy. Rensing begins his first attack, stopping in his tracks before spewing out a tornadoesque flame right in the direction of the grounded bird. Lapped by the flames, the bird squawks, engulfed in the damaging heat. Not wasting any of its vital seconds left, the wild crow rushes at Rensing with all its might, both wings glowing a bright white. However, you notice that the Houndour, obviously prepared, leaps above the bird in the final moment. Landing on the Honchkrow's back, Rensing's teeth begin to spark once more, seemingly firing out more electrical energy than usual as the pup sinks his serrated fangs deep into the crow's plump back. It is at that point when you have to cover your ears. Obviously in a great deal of pain, the Honchkrow had began an earsplitting scream, deep from within itself, before collapsing dramatically in a heap, the Houndour still firmly gripping at its back. [Lvl up for Rensing the Houndour] Having managed to fell the great crow, the pup rushes towards you, diving at your feet before attempting to scale you, licking at your hands and face. "Good job, Rensing..." Rochelle coos, stroking him under the chin, "...but we need to get going." Before you can even program the girl's words into your mind, she has already grasped the odd key from your grip and was sliding it into the aged lock. With a comforting click as the key slid into its desired location, the gate swings open and the girl rushes in, expecting you and the puppies to follow. Past the gate was a winding tunnel, completely dark with an odd light eminating from the end. Through the tunnel, you gasp in awe. Rochelle had led you to what appeared to be some sort of chapel. However, unlike any normal location of worship, the whole placed seemed to be smeared with an odd crimson paint. Closer inspection created a horrifying revelation, it was not paint at all, it was blood. "Look, up there!" Rochelle's voice pulls you away from the disgusting site, her hand shaking as she pointed up towards a bench of sorts. Upon the bench appeared to be a skeleton and, as you and her both run for a better look, you notice a note clamped in the grip of its dead hand. Wasting no time at all, the woman accompanying you pulls at the paper, before quickly scanning it and tossing it backwards to you.

    Doom

    With a closer inspection, it became apparent that it was not the complete message. A scorch mark on the side highlighted this fact. "We need to keep moving, this place is far more sinister than I expected..." Rochelle murmured, the tone of her voice had changed drastically, she almost seemed scared. As the two of you turn, a figure is now present a few metres from the tunneled entrance. Squinting, due to the distance and badly lit room, you notice that the figure is a cloaked man. With the pair of you frozen in fear, a grin masks the mans face. "This is the end of the road for YOU!" he cackles as a second figure emerges from behind him, the figure of a pokémon. It isn't until the pokémon disappears and re-appears beside you that you realize what is going on, but it is merely too late. Gripped by the pokémon, which turned out to be a rather sinister looking Gallade, the room begins to change. Your stomach lurches as you hurtle through a tunnel of a purple hue, obviously deep in teleportation. However, as you begin to arrive, the psychic pokémon thumps your female companion hard and she yelps before losing conciousness. As you panic, the Gallade stops, leaving you in a completely new location. With a quick scan of the location, you notice you are now located in a dark cell, the gates firmly locked and a second skeleton crouched in the corner. With Rochelle unconcious, you spin around, awaiting the sounds of the Houndours. It is only then that you realize the two are no longer present, obviously still in the sinister chapel. Waking up your knowledgeable companion is going to be the key now...

    What will you do?

  9. #134
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    u ess ay
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl's Perap View Post
    [Little later than expected, been watching Desperate Housewives rather busy. I hope these two are good ^_^]

    Miasma Heights (Between Areas)

    Demon Skittle
    Having to act quickly to assist your elite companion with the new threat, two Drowzee and a single Hypno, you decide that the best pokémon to get rid of the evolved psychic type would be your first pokémon, Ignatius the Typhlosion. As the sleek fire type materialized out of his pokéball, he did a wide stretch followed up by a yawn. Being fully evolved, he would much rather relax than have to battle, but he wasn't at the age of retirement just yet. Seeing the fact he had a rather powerful looking Hypno before him that he was required to deal with, you notice him perk up slightly, it was going to be more of a challenge than he had expected. With your pokémon released, Karen's two companions look over to Ignatius, nodding in a rather friendly manner, despite their dark personas. It is at that point that Karen utters several attacks to each and the battle begins. Both of her powerful pokémon leaping forwards at their respective Drowzee, you realize that now is the time for a few commands for the Typhlosion. Readying himself, Ignatius pads forwards in the direction of the psychic pokémon. You notice him close his eyes as he does so, already beginning his initial attack. In mere seconds, his flames begin to burn even brighter than ever as his wish becomes granted. A look of shock overcomes to Hypno before him and, not wanting to be at a disadvantage, clamps his eyes shut too, also apparently wishing for a better battle. However, as the psychic type begins to wish, Ignatius takes the time to begin a guttural howl, the act disturbing Hypno and causing him to completely lose his focus, his wish going ungranted. Angered, the pokémon throws both arms in the air before opening his mouth wide, an orb of psychic energy forming in the centre of him before he throws it in the direction of the Typhlosion, the Psychic attack knocking him sidewards but not damaging him as much as it should have done, due to his previous wish. As the Typhlosion regains his posture once more, standing up from all fours to look even more intimidating, his flames begin to burn brighter than ever. However, rather than merely remaining upon his shoulders, the inferno begins to rip across his whole being, engulfing him in a ball of flames. It is at this moment that Karen gasps, glancing over to you and your own personal battle, "Flare Blitz, that Typhlosion must be rather powerful..." With this comment, it was time for Ignatius to complete his attack, nodding backwards at you and Karen before lunging forth at the Hypno. As the two make contact, the flames tear at the psychic type also as he cries out in pain, scratching at the opponent to get him away. With his final attack issued, the Typhlosion pads back to his beginning location, the flames having damaged him in the process of the Flare Blitz. Despite this, Ignatius has plenty of game left in him, not having used up much energy and having only lost a portion of hitpoints. Having finished, he looks back to you, awaiting several more commands for the battle. At exactly the same point, Karen's pokémon leap backwards, landing nearby. Glancing into the trees, you notice two rather battered looking Drowzee, they still appeared to be ready to spar, but were looking a little worse for wear. "Round two, let's go!" Karen barks, all three of the pokémon nodding, your Typhlosion included. Despite his initial displeasure towards being dragged out of his pokéball to battle, he seemed pumped to continue...

    What will you do?
    Iggy smiled viciously at the Hypno before closing his eyes, his usual conceited demeanor turning into a composed one as he wished away for a good battle. As he ignited the ring of flames around his neck, his eyes opened, appearing calm and confident. The flames on his back were bright and intense; Even Alina could feel the heat from where she stood. The Hypno's eyes grew wide in an "oh ****" look, and, not wanting to be at a disadvantage, closed his own eyes to wish for his own luck in battle. Ignatius, again giving the Hypno a toothy grin before continuing with his next move, gave a menacing Howl. The psychic Pokemon snapped his eyes open, breaking his concentration on the wish, thus leaving it ungranted. Frustrated with his opponent, the Hypno threw its arms into the air, forming some sort of psychic energy in his mouth before throwing the orb directly towards Ignatius. Despite hitting him directly, Ignatius merely brushed the attack off by stumbling back, stretching, and smiling widely. Didn't bother him at all, it seemed. The flames around his neck grew more intense as he prepared his final order. Wanting to make this move extra flashy as he showed off to the others around him, he took his dear old time, as a flaming inferno surrounded his body.

    "Flare Blitz, that Typhlosion must be rather powerful..." Karen exclaimed, watching as Ignatius began to rush forward with flames and embers trailing behind him. Alina smiled with glee, not bothering to keep any modesty as she said "Yeeeeah, I know."

    In a shower of embers the Flare Blitz met its target, causing it to cry out in pain as it scrambled to get away from the flames. Iggy pulled himself away and rushed back to his original position, extinguishing the flames around him to prevent any further damage to himself. Ironic how a fire type like himself could be burned by his own move, but at least it was the only real damage he had taken to himself. His sleek fur had some spots that appeared charred, but he still looked virtually unscathed and raring to continue. The other two dark type Pokemon had finished their own orders shortly after, trotting back into position in front of their trainer. The two Drowzee looked tattered and beaten, worn down by the relentless moves of Karen's Drapion and Mightyena. The Hypno didn't look very fit for battle himself, as it stumbled it, fur charred from the Typhlosion's attack.

    "Round two, let's go!" Karen called out, the three Pokemon preparing themselves for the next set of moves. As Karen issued her commands, Alina ordered, "Throw it off with another Howl as you rush up to it with a Quick Attack! While you're close to it, use Lava Plume and burn it!"

    Ignatius's grin widened as he threw his head back for another Howl...
    Last edited by Demon Skittle; 11th May 2009 at 3:43 AM.
    "My pedestal was too high for me to climb off of. In fact, that's the reason for the high horse."

    Fizzy of Bubbles
    And Another Useless Art Blog

  10. #135
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,160

    Default

    (Alright, my ragtag lot, welcome to my group! I’m sorry about the delay, but sadly, IRL has taken some…tragic…turns, and I’ve been distracted. Still, the show much go on, and go on it will, here in the fantabulous Miasma Heights! Now, I ask that everyone in my group please check their signatures to make sure all Regi links and team info are up-to-date, to make my servicing of you that much easier for the both of us.)

    The Restaurant

    Psychopath: Feeling a new rush of confidence as your dragonfly powerhouse gains new prowess through evolution, it takes you far too long to give Valor his orders, leaving Freeze to stare angrily at you, silently demanding your participation. Finally coming to your senses, you give Valor very concise orders, prompting him to spring into action.

    Immediately he summons all of his elemental experience, thick vines bursting up through the ground around him, sending cracked and splintering tiles through the hair as they fling forwards, wrapping with a death hold around Victory’s leg. She looses a high pitched scream as she’s jerked off her feet, landing on the marble hard. Before she can think to get away, or Oscar can think to order commands, Valor then opens his maw wide, the temperature in the room dropping violently as a million tiny ice crystals form between his jaws, before powering forward in a flurry of ice cold water and frost, striking Victory on the back. The Gabite screeches in agony, the sound turning every stomach bin the room as all eyes watch her writhe in turmoil, before suddenly falling limp. A sad, ill look crosses Oscar’s face as he recalls her silently, his young heart obviously reaching out to his Pokemon in sympathy.

    “You did well, Vicky.” He sighs as he pockets the ball, and shoots you a benevolent but still somewhat dirty look. He doesn’t even bother to wait for Freeze’s call, more than aware that he lost, and in the worst way. Level up for Digga’ and Valor!

    “So what’s this you needed help with, then?” He asks, crossing his arms. “A woman right? I suppose I’m obligated to help, since you did beat me, but I can’t do anything unless you tell me what I’m supposed to be helping with!”

    What will you do?

    The Circus Tent

    Weebos: Following your Pokemon’s lead, you and he trudge towards the ratty old circus tent. Even from a distance, you can hear the supporting frame whine and groan under every slight breeze, threatening to collapse, while it’s once colorful tarp walls flap about listlessly, their previously eyecatching hues now reduced to dull browns and yellows. Despite its age and sinister surroundings, however, it looks genuinely uninteresting. Still, you’re not one to judge a book by its cover (or are you?), so you press forwards anyway, catching peaking into its confines as you near thanks to the gaping holes and long tears than years of disrepair and abuse have wrought. Through these miniature windows into what should have been a darker realm, you find yourself vaguely disappointed; all you can see from outside is a weed-speckled center ring and the very edge of what you assume are the old bleachers. Still, you retain the hope that it looks more sinister and promising from the inside, and after a few laps around the structure, you find the entrance flap, hidden with eerie perfection behind an old plywood prop of a clown’s face. You heave it out of the way easily and fiddle with the flaps before getting them open, plunging your head I first to check for danger and unpleasantries, before finally clamoring inside.

    To your dismay, you realize almost immediately it’s not that much more interesting from the inside. The majority of the tent is taken up by the ring you spied earlier, and to your dismay, the entire thing really is just bare, save for a few candy wrappers and a mess of dandelions. The bleachers meanwhile, though collapsed in the center thanks to woodrot, don’t look terribly menacing or malicious, and in fact, the only thing even remotely threatening about the place is the smell of mildewed tent that surrounds you and permeates your senses.

    Disappointed, you and Voodoo wander listlessly around the tent, nosing around the nooks and crannies, hoping to find something to salvage your interest. You find little though outside of the occasional Spinarak who flees back to its den at the side of you, or the occasional abandoned Ratatta nest. Fed up, you decide this wasn’t worth the calories expended to get you inside, and, Voodoo in tow, march angrily back to the exit , only to yelp in sheer horror as your foot catches on something and sends you tumbling down like a giant down a beanstalk. Whimpering in pain you roll over to inspect what it was that caused you to fall so gracelessly, and to your interest, realize it’s a dull black leather trunk, buried almost completely in the ground. Amazed that you could have missed it in your trek around the tent, you employ Voodoo to help you unearth it, and soon enough you’ve scraped enough soil and sand from it to allow the lid to open.

    Inside, you find it lined in soft, bright red velvet, and almost empty, save for a small tophat—barely big enough to fit atop your curled fist, and a featureless gray ragdoll, with a note pinned to its chest. It reads:

    Signore, Signori, come all, come one!
    Miasma Fantasma is here!
    With my ringleader’s hat, I will show you great fun,
    Don’t be shy, you have nothing to fear.


    What will you do?


    Mantine Mania

    Hayward: Uninterested in causing unnecessary strife between yourself and the dopy Pokemon—after all, you’re a pacifist at heart, aren’t you?—you instruct Medeo to relay the news that you do, sincerely, come in peace, and wish only to help the poor young Cacnea that has been trusted in your care. Nodding obediently, your Meditite obeys, trudging to the very bow of the little watercraft you and he are so delicately positioned on. He leans carefully over the front edge, and begins to slowly explain the situation to Slowpoke via a myriad of Pokemon noises you’ll never understand, but as hard as he seems to be trying, Slowpoke doesn’t seem to get it. It yawns, it’s oversized maw opening wide, before lurching forwards, it fat jaws closing around the bow of the boat, inches from Medeo, who shrieks and flings backwards to avoid a timely demise via the jaws of a rabid Slowpoke…

    …or not. Slowpoke seems more than pleased to gnaw at the bow of your boat lazily, and doesn’t seem to be malevolent in the least. In fact, all it seems to be is stupid, hungry, and in your way. You could probably defeat it shamefully easily in battle, but assaulting it just to get it to move is about as callous as pushing an autistic child off the swing set just so you could have your turn. Chances are good that it would move if its hunger was satiated, and you recall there a few concession stands not too far away. Sure, they’ve been out of service for years, but as much junk as they sell at fairs, you could probably find something loaded with enough MSG to still be edible.

    What will you do?







  11. #136
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Posts
    2,019

    Default

    [Re-introducing Tale into my group, finally got some ideas for his adventure, let's hope it's a good un! :}]

    The Merry Maze

    Tale
    Having turned from the sinister fountain, hands still appearing to claw from its very depths, you notice the previous Gastly, though looking a little motheaten since he had last appeared, having taken a few good hits in the last encounter. Alongside the spherical spectre is one of the more beautiful ghost types, a Misdreavus. Not noticing the feminine ghost at first, you bark your commands at Friedrich to take down the Gastly. Acting fast, the crayfish turns his head upwards, firing several blue bubbles up at the ghost. Continuing the bubbles, the ghast quickly becomes irritated, swooping quickly from his height down to the Corphish's level. Arriving in an instant, the ghost sticks out its large pink tongue, dragging it up the face of his foe. The attack happened to fulfill its very purpose, bringing on a bodybinding paralysis every so often to interfere with the pokémon's ability to spar. Having landed a successful hit, the Gastly is quick to get cocky, turning once more to return to his original spot, wafting through the air in a victory dance, long before its time. Visibly disgruntled by the ghost thinking the paralysis would be the last of him, Friedrich begins his bubbles once more. This time, however, the bubbles form in higher quantities and with a complete different make-up. The spheres appeared to be a bubbling lava of sorts and, as they drifted towards the ghast, they popped, each single one burning him severely. Unable to take another attack, the Gastly gives in, dropping to the floor in a heap. With the Gastly taken care of at last, Friedrich sighs a sigh of relief before the both of you turn your attentions back to the Misdreavus with questions. "Foul spectre? I'll have you know I'm quite the respectable ghoul, actually..." the female spirit hisses, her voice oddly calming, "I am nothing like that persistant ghast, always forcing battles upon unwilling humans." With the Misdreavus' rather relaxed tone and comments of the Gastly, Friedrich tugs at your leg, rather confused with the matter. Noticing this, the Misdreavus swoops to your chest level, before darting off in the direction of the fountain. "You see, I normally like to test out the humans myself, I just like to be polite. We ghost pokémon are seen as frightening creatures at best, it is rather saddening if you ask me. Contrary to popular belief, some ghosts are nicer than any other pokémon." Nodding, the Misdreavus swoops once more, this time to the level of Friedrich. "This time, however, I have no need to test you, your battle with Gastly proved the power behind you and your Corphish." With a playful chuckle, she turns to you once more, disappearing in a flash of white light. Confused, you spin around, looking in every direction for the ghost who had been before you mere seconds before. The Corphish is quick to sense the location of the Misdreavus, however, leaping onto the rim of the regal marble fountain once more. You notice him looking into the depths of the the liquid within it, as if he could see something you could not. In a split second, the ghost reappeared once more above the fountain, crying out to Friedrich. It was too late, though, one of the spectral claws from before had returned to the surface, dragging the crayfish deep into the foul waters. Dashing forwards, you notice a final attempt to claw his way out, but it doesn't work out. "I'm so sorry, I really am. Quick, the only way you'll get him back is if you dive in after him." the Misdreavus squeaks, a sense of fear in her voice. If it were any normal time, you would have been able to analyze this seemingly nice ghost more, but there was no time...

    What will you do?


    Miasma Heights ~ Between areas

    Demon Skittle
    With a new set of battle commands for Ignatius, the Typhlosion nods before turning back to his foe, a slightly singed Hypno. To your side, you hear Karen utter a few commands and look on as her Drapion and Mightyena lunge forth, relentlessly tossing their foes around the clearing, the Drowzee crying out in pain and torment. Returning your glance to the woman, she appears to be relishing in her pokémon's ruthlessness, as if she was gaining satisfaction in watching them crush the pair of psychic pokémon. Nonetheless, your focus returns to Ignatius, who has began to howl louder than ever before hurtling at full speed towards the hypnotic monster before him. His howls alone had appeared to have intimidate the Hypno, however, despite this he is quick to open his mouth for his opening attack. As he opened wide, a bizarre gas began to come from his very innards, it looked to be rather poisonous. Coming ever close, Ignatius ignores the poison cloud, firing a plume of flames from his back without thinking. Everything changes in a mere second. With the toxic mixture of gases and a flame attack, a small explosion had occured, knocking both you and Karen onto the damp grass. Managing to sit up with ease, only having recieved a graze or two, you look up to see both Ignatius and the Hypno struggling to stand properly. Your female companions pokémon seem to have taken minor damage from the occurence, but nothing threatening. It needn't have mattered anyway, they had easily taken down both Drowzee and had began to return to Karen who, like you, was sat upon the sodden grass. As claw and teeth met the woman, both the pokémon and their trainer seemed to under-go a complete personality transplant once more. Showing signs of compassion, rather than the fearsomeness that had reared its ugly head in the battle, Karen returned to her normal self. "Keep at it, Alina, you're doing great. I know Ignatius can pull through this." With the woman's words, you notice that she is correct. In the clearing, both pokémon had managed to withstand their ground, the Hypno beginning to look quite worried. As Ignatius regains himself, the psychic pokémon is quick to place up a barrier to defend himself in the next rounds, "Cheap strategy..." Karen mutters to your side, a humorous hint to her voice, "With the Drowzee taken care of, I'm just gonna run ahead, finish the Hypno and catch up to me, okay?" Karen asked not expecting a reply. In a matter of seconds she had pulled herself upwards, returning both her dark types to their respective balls before dashing off through the once-blocked path, leaping over a knocked out Drowzee as she did. Pulling yourself to your feet once more also, you attempt to concentrate on the battle at hand once more. However, despite this, you can't help but notice something in the corner of your eye. A figure behind a tree almost. However, unlike any other type of experience like this, turning around actually revealed what everyone dreads, there was actually someone behind a nearby tree. Noticing you, the figure, who appears to be cloaked, dashes off through the surrounding foliage, appearing to head in the direction of the makeshift graveyard, exactly where Karen would now be located, attempting to find more clues on the whereabouts of the Tyranitar she was searching for so eagerly...

    What will you do?

  12. #137
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl's Perap View Post
    [Re-introducing Tale into my group, finally got some ideas for his adventure, let's hope it's a good un! :}]

    The Merry Maze

    Tale
    Having turned from the sinister fountain, hands still appearing to claw from its very depths, you notice the previous Gastly, though looking a little motheaten since he had last appeared, having taken a few good hits in the last encounter. Alongside the spherical spectre is one of the more beautiful ghost types, a Misdreavus. Not noticing the feminine ghost at first, you bark your commands at Friedrich to take down the Gastly. Acting fast, the crayfish turns his head upwards, firing several blue bubbles up at the ghost. Continuing the bubbles, the ghast quickly becomes irritated, swooping quickly from his height down to the Corphish's level. Arriving in an instant, the ghost sticks out its large pink tongue, dragging it up the face of his foe. The attack happened to fulfill its very purpose, bringing on a bodybinding paralysis every so often to interfere with the pokémon's ability to spar. Having landed a successful hit, the Gastly is quick to get cocky, turning once more to return to his original spot, wafting through the air in a victory dance, long before its time. Visibly disgruntled by the ghost thinking the paralysis would be the last of him, Friedrich begins his bubbles once more. This time, however, the bubbles form in higher quantities and with a complete different make-up. The spheres appeared to be a bubbling lava of sorts and, as they drifted towards the ghast, they popped, each single one burning him severely. Unable to take another attack, the Gastly gives in, dropping to the floor in a heap. With the Gastly taken care of at last, Friedrich sighs a sigh of relief before the both of you turn your attentions back to the Misdreavus with questions. "Foul spectre? I'll have you know I'm quite the respectable ghoul, actually..." the female spirit hisses, her voice oddly calming, "I am nothing like that persistant ghast, always forcing battles upon unwilling humans." With the Misdreavus' rather relaxed tone and comments of the Gastly, Friedrich tugs at your leg, rather confused with the matter. Noticing this, the Misdreavus swoops to your chest level, before darting off in the direction of the fountain. "You see, I normally like to test out the humans myself, I just like to be polite. We ghost pokémon are seen as frightening creatures at best, it is rather saddening if you ask me. Contrary to popular belief, some ghosts are nicer than any other pokémon." Nodding, the Misdreavus swoops once more, this time to the level of Friedrich. "This time, however, I have no need to test you, your battle with Gastly proved the power behind you and your Corphish." With a playful chuckle, she turns to you once more, disappearing in a flash of white light. Confused, you spin around, looking in every direction for the ghost who had been before you mere seconds before. The Corphish is quick to sense the location of the Misdreavus, however, leaping onto the rim of the regal marble fountain once more. You notice him looking into the depths of the the liquid within it, as if he could see something you could not. In a split second, the ghost reappeared once more above the fountain, crying out to Friedrich. It was too late, though, one of the spectral claws from before had returned to the surface, dragging the crayfish deep into the foul waters. Dashing forwards, you notice a final attempt to claw his way out, but it doesn't work out. "I'm so sorry, I really am. Quick, the only way you'll get him back is if you dive in after him." the Misdreavus squeaks, a sense of fear in her voice. If it were any normal time, you would have been able to analyze this seemingly nice ghost more, but there was no time...

    What will you do?
    Thank you for deciding to take me on once more, Zak. I am brimming with excitement at this update =) =).

    “Fantastic job, my boy!” Oscar swivelled as the persistent Gastly fell ingloriously to the ground following the powerful Bubbling onslaught, and applauded his brawly companion, before turning again to the indignant yet surprisingly sophisticated Misdreavus. “Respectable? Forgive me, I’ve seemingly misconceived the nature of the spirits that inhabit this maze. The Gastly’s sudden assault caused me to forge unnecessary and deplorable generalisations. I apologise.” Oscar, in spite of his words, still regarded the ghost with a sceptical glare, awaiting the split moment in which she would turn and pounce on them like a sly fox on two oblivious blackbirds. Having continued thus far beneath a veil of deception at the hand of the spectral orb that now lay unconscious beside him, he did not embrace the softly-spun words of its ilk with permissive naivety. Given his progression through the maze was achieved as a result of the Gastly’s doggedness, however, he refuted the chance to flee with an auspicious outlook. This suspected occurrence of her swift perfidy, however, failed to materialise in the short space of time between the insistence of her contrast to the bothersome ghoul and the conveyance of her warm intentions regarding Oscar’s plight. Having confirmed that his feat eliminated the habitual requisite of a test through which, Oscar presumed, she would judge his worthiness, she turned to him. Her unnerving giggle seemed to linger before, in a flash of white, she vanished before his eyes.

    “Friedrich, sustain your vigilance. I feel as though our tribulations have not yet subsided,” Oscar warned, as his eyes slowly surveyed the area that enclosed him, wandering to the sky and the ground, cautious of the trickery of which ghosts seemed most fond. Friedrich, clipping his pincers heroically, scuttled for the fountain again, seemingly aware of her presence before Oscar had even begun to search. “What is that fountain?” He mused aloud, scratching his beard pensively before approaching it himself. He watched with intrigue as Friedrich once again leapt atop its rim, and glared almost knowingly inside the swirling contents. “Wait…Friedrich, I -” Oscar’s words were swiftly interjected as the vanished Misdreavus rematerialized above the fountain, her disembodied voice echoing with alarm across the enclosed space at her seeming attempt to forewarn Friedrich of the impending peril, that, as Oscar broke into a run with his arm outstretched and his voice alight, helplessly ensued as a disembodied arm clutched at his companion’s form, before swiftly dragging it to the depths. Moments short of his aim, Oscar slammed into the fountain’s edge as he gazed hopelessly into its contents, spying Friedrich’s submerging claw as his last-ditch attempt at freedom paled to fruitlessness.

    Certain of what was required, Oscar stripped to his shirt before the Misdreavus had even uttered her advised course of action. “Plunging head-first into unfathomable danger…were it not for the circumstances of your presence, spectre, I’d embrace the prospect. I do so now with uncertainty, dare I say it. Follow me, won’t you? I‘m not yet certain of your intention,” he requested, rolling his sleeves somewhat uselessly to his elbows as he spoke. “I’m coming, Friedrich!” He yelled, taking a running leap at the fountain, plunging into its contents without hesitation.

  13. #138
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Posts
    2,019

    Default

    [Another update, since I can't sleep again :'D]

    The Merry Maze/Traveling

    Tale
    With your mind practically made up for you, you are quick to rip the shirt off of your back, readying yourself to follow Friedrich deep into the murky depths of the peculiar fountain before you. Not yet knowing the intentions of the Misdreavus, you are quick to insist she too pursue the crayfish as you roll up the sleeves of your shirt, despite it making no real difference. As you speak, you are shocked to notice the tiny banshee nod, "Very well, I too will dive deep into the fountain." With her words, she is quick to move, hovering towards the liquid before winking and disappearing downwards, the claws attempting to grasp at her too, despite her ethereal form. Alone in the maze, you too are quick to make your way to the fountain, grasping at the sides to pull yourself up before the sinister arms re-appear, pulling you down, down into the unknown.

    The feeling was an odd one, a tickling sensation of sorts as darkness coats your vision. Struggling to see your hand before you, panic sets in. It is not for a few moments that you realize you are sinking, further and further downwards. Before you, a tiny form re-appears, the Misdreavus who had agreed to accompany you down within the fountain's peculiar fluids. "Do not be alarmed, you are safe," the spectre begins, "This place can be dangerous at times, but with me by your side, you should be safe...for the moment." The ghost's honesty creates a pang of regret deep within you, but you know it is the right thing to do, abandoning Friedrich would have brought nothing but an eternal heartache, leaving a close friend behind. Plunging ever deeper, the Misdreavus seemed to be enjoying the feeling, as if it were one of the rides you had previously passed within the now deserted theme park. All around you, the shadows ebbed and flowed, getting bigger and smaller, coming closer and then moving away from you once more. Despite this, you finally begin to feel at ease with the surroundings and, as you do, the feminine ghost squeaks, "Look, down there!"

    Turning your gaze downwards, you make out what looks like a rock strewn pathway, appearing amongst all the darkness, seemingly floating. In a matter of seconds, you land upon the hard ground and the sensation from the odd traverse disappeared, everything felt real again. From where you stand, you can see nothing but the now familiar shadow, "Look harder." the Misdreavus utters and, as you squint, the rocky track seems to stretch further, a silver gate appearing and before the gate, a small red figure. Jumping to a quick conclusion, the red figure was obviously Friedrich, you run forwards along the path, the ghost following quickly behind you. Upon getting closer, you notice that your suspicions were true, the Corphish lay in a heap upon the floor, his chest rising and falling in an ever quickening manner. "Little ruffian, awaken from your nightmare..." the banshee accompanying you utters and, as she does, Friedrich's eyes open and he bolts upwards. With the crayfish seemingly sleeping and suffering an intolerable dream, he seems relieved to be back in your company, leaping forwards to snap playfully at your ankles with his pinsirs.

    "I suppose you are going to want an explanation, aren't you?" The Misdreavus starts to speak in her ever calmed voice, catching yours and Friedrich's attentions once more, "This place is the rayless plane. Those said to be seeking darkness are meant to be drawn here, instinctively. From knowing of you and analyzing what pokémon companions you currently have, you do seem to be seeking darkness. I just don't believe you seeking it for the same reasons as others, hence why I followed you. You seem a respectable human with a mere passion for pokémon with...dark tendencies..." The screech pokémon took a moment to hover towards the gate, breezing past it and taking in the coolness of the metal before returning to where she once hovered, "If it were someone truly seeking darkness in the Merry Maze, I would have sent them here indefinitely, without the assitance of those foul claws. You, however, did not really have too much of a choice. I saw how you looked up there, when Friedrich was dragged downwards, you do not deserve to be in this place and therefore, I will assist you on your way out of here, if that is what you desire?" Awaiting your answer, the Misdreavus floats down to the Corphish's level, winking at him with a quick smile...

  14. #139
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chi-town
    Posts
    677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fangirl View Post
    (Alright, my ragtag lot, welcome to my group! I’m sorry about the delay, but sadly, IRL has taken some…tragic…turns, and I’ve been distracted. Still, the show much go on, and go on it will, here in the fantabulous Miasma Heights! Now, I ask that everyone in my group please check their signatures to make sure all Regi links and team info are up-to-date, to make my servicing of you that much easier for the both of us.)

    Mantine Mania

    Hayward: Uninterested in causing unnecessary strife between yourself and the dopy Pokemon—after all, you’re a pacifist at heart, aren’t you?—you instruct Medeo to relay the news that you do, sincerely, come in peace, and wish only to help the poor young Cacnea that has been trusted in your care. Nodding obediently, your Meditite obeys, trudging to the very bow of the little watercraft you and he are so delicately positioned on. He leans carefully over the front edge, and begins to slowly explain the situation to Slowpoke via a myriad of Pokemon noises you’ll never understand, but as hard as he seems to be trying, Slowpoke doesn’t seem to get it. It yawns, it’s oversized maw opening wide, before lurching forwards, it fat jaws closing around the bow of the boat, inches from Medeo, who shrieks and flings backwards to avoid a timely demise via the jaws of a rabid Slowpoke…

    …or not. Slowpoke seems more than pleased to gnaw at the bow of your boat lazily, and doesn’t seem to be malevolent in the least. In fact, all it seems to be is stupid, hungry, and in your way. You could probably defeat it shamefully easily in battle, but assaulting it just to get it to move is about as callous as pushing an autistic child off the swing set just so you could have your turn. Chances are good that it would move if its hunger was satiated, and you recall there a few concession stands not too far away. Sure, they’ve been out of service for years, but as much junk as they sell at fairs, you could probably find something loaded with enough MSG to still be edible.

    What will you do?


    Thanks Fangirl, for picking us up. *bows respectfully* No need to apologize about lateness. RL is always > FB. Also, just a quick note, I did drop Medeo off in the Daycare. I recalled him and I do have two other Active Pokes I can battle with, so hopefully that's not a problem. -H

    In the deserted theme park, Miasma Heights, the trainer Ben Hale and the Meditite Medeo sat in a little wooden boat in the middle of the Mantine Mania ride, temporarily impeded in their mission to return Cacnea to the Decorative Gardens, by a dimwitted Slowpoke. Filled with surprise more than anything else at encountering the wild Slowpoke here, a confused look momentarily passed from Trainer to Meditite as the two longtime friends turned to face each other. Simultaneously shrugging, the pair turned back to the Slowpoke and waited to see what it would do, but the dopey Pokemon just blinked dully.

    Feeling like he had already wasted too much time , Ben instructed Medeo to ask Slowpoke if they could pass. With a compliant nod, Medeo moved to the front of the Mantine-shaped ship and leaning over the bow, with great effort, relayed the message to the obstructive Pokemon. Ben watched mystified as his diminutive partner communicated animatedly with the Slowpoke. The teenager could tell that with each passing second, the Yoga Pokemon was losing more of his cool. “Relax, mate,” Ben advised. “Slowpoke aren’t exactly known for their mental…” But Ben never got the chance to finish his sentence, because at that moment, in one successive movement, the Slowpoke yawned a cavernous yawn and lunged forward, it’s great jaws clamping onto the front of the boat, where only moments before Medeo had perched for their conversation. With a shout of “Medii!” the agile Medeo had leapt nimbly backwards out of harm’s way in the knick-of-time, and Ben breathed out a grateful sigh to see that the Meditite had not been hurt.

    Turning his attention back to the Slowpoke, Ben expected it to attack further, instead he noticed with a start that it seemed content to use their watercraft as a chew-toy. Studying the Slowpoke further, Ben realized that it wasn’t in the least aggressive, merely a famished, dim-witted hindrance. Ben knew that Medeo would break little more than a sweat if they battled, and Ben quickly disregarded the idea of battling just to make it move. As a further show of his willingness to find a nonviolent solution, holding out a metallic-colored Steel Ball, he quickly recalled his own tiny companion, much to the Meditite’s dismay.

    Dragging a hand through his short, brown hair, Ben thought hard to come up with an idea. He looked at the Slowpoke again, sluggishly chewing on the bow of the ship, hunger written all over its dopey face. Suddenly it came to him. On the way to the Mantine Mania, he, Medeo, and Cacnea had passed a number of abandoned food stalls. Maybe the Slowpoke would move if he could find it some food. Figuring it was worth a shot, he decided to go on exploration for something that would satisfy Slowpoke’s appetite. “How hard can it be?” Ben wondered. “Since this Slowpoke appears to be taking great satisfaction in chewing on a wooden boat?”


    ___________________
    fb
    Last edited by -Hayward-; 20th May 2009 at 1:36 AM.

  15. #140
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    u ess ay
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl's Perap View Post
    [Re-introducing Tale into my group, finally got some ideas for his adventure, let's hope it's a good un! :}]

    Miasma Heights ~ Between areas

    Demon Skittle
    With a new set of battle commands for Ignatius, the Typhlosion nods before turning back to his foe, a slightly singed Hypno. To your side, you hear Karen utter a few commands and look on as her Drapion and Mightyena lunge forth, relentlessly tossing their foes around the clearing, the Drowzee crying out in pain and torment. Returning your glance to the woman, she appears to be relishing in her pokémon's ruthlessness, as if she was gaining satisfaction in watching them crush the pair of psychic pokémon. Nonetheless, your focus returns to Ignatius, who has began to howl louder than ever before hurtling at full speed towards the hypnotic monster before him. His howls alone had appeared to have intimidate the Hypno, however, despite this he is quick to open his mouth for his opening attack. As he opened wide, a bizarre gas began to come from his very innards, it looked to be rather poisonous. Coming ever close, Ignatius ignores the poison cloud, firing a plume of flames from his back without thinking. Everything changes in a mere second. With the toxic mixture of gases and a flame attack, a small explosion had occured, knocking both you and Karen onto the damp grass. Managing to sit up with ease, only having recieved a graze or two, you look up to see both Ignatius and the Hypno struggling to stand properly. Your female companions pokémon seem to have taken minor damage from the occurence, but nothing threatening. It needn't have mattered anyway, they had easily taken down both Drowzee and had began to return to Karen who, like you, was sat upon the sodden grass. As claw and teeth met the woman, both the pokémon and their trainer seemed to under-go a complete personality transplant once more. Showing signs of compassion, rather than the fearsomeness that had reared its ugly head in the battle, Karen returned to her normal self. "Keep at it, Alina, you're doing great. I know Ignatius can pull through this." With the woman's words, you notice that she is correct. In the clearing, both pokémon had managed to withstand their ground, the Hypno beginning to look quite worried. As Ignatius regains himself, the psychic pokémon is quick to place up a barrier to defend himself in the next rounds, "Cheap strategy..." Karen mutters to your side, a humorous hint to her voice, "With the Drowzee taken care of, I'm just gonna run ahead, finish the Hypno and catch up to me, okay?" Karen asked not expecting a reply. In a matter of seconds she had pulled herself upwards, returning both her dark types to their respective balls before dashing off through the once-blocked path, leaping over a knocked out Drowzee as she did. Pulling yourself to your feet once more also, you attempt to concentrate on the battle at hand once more. However, despite this, you can't help but notice something in the corner of your eye. A figure behind a tree almost. However, unlike any other type of experience like this, turning around actually revealed what everyone dreads, there was actually someone behind a nearby tree. Noticing you, the figure, who appears to be cloaked, dashes off through the surrounding foliage, appearing to head in the direction of the makeshift graveyard, exactly where Karen would now be located, attempting to find more clues on the whereabouts of the Tyranitar she was searching for so eagerly...

    What will you do?
    An explosion occured between the two Pokemon and Alina was thrown back into the grass. As the smoke began to disperse, she could see both the Hypno and Iggy struggling regain their composure. "That ****ing Hypno," cursed Alina under her breath. "Using some poison move when a fire type is that close..."

    Meanwhile, Karen was able to defeat both her opponents with relative ease, now exchanging congratulations with her Pokemon before turning to Alina. "Keep at it, Alina, you're doing great. I know Ignatius can pull through this."

    Ignatius had now managed to pull himself together, standing on his hind legs and giving Alina an accusing glare. He had looked so good up until then. "Oh, hush, how was I supposed to know it was going to do that..." Alina said, trying to defend herself. A voice from within a Pokeball at her side, which was obviously Prestige's, said matter-of-factly "Well, there's an invention caled a Pokedex, which feeds the trainer such information..."

    "Screw you too!" Alina muttered to her pocket, loud enough for Prestige to hear. To an outsider she would have looked insane, talking to her coat pocket. The E4 member then got to her feet, glancing over at the Hypno before mumbling to Alina, "Cheap strategy..."

    The Hypno, which was now in a panic, set up a barrier of some sort in a pathetic attempt to defend himself against the ferocious Typhlosion. Ignatius was just as amused as Karen, his wicked grin returning to his face. That Hypno merely got lucky; Such a mishap wouldn't happen again so long as Iggy was the one fighting. Karen returned her Pokemon to their respective Pokeballs, telling Alina, "With the Drowzee taken care of, I'm just gonna run ahead, finish the Hypno and catch up to me, okay?"

    "Mhm," Alina nodded, watching as Karen ran into the distance. Ignatius stood ready in front of his trainer as she turned her attention back to the battle. As long as there was the possibility of that Hypno firing off another Poison Gas and causing another explosion, it was probably wise to play it safe and not use fire moves for the time being. After all, Iggy didn't know just fire type moves... Getting back to her own feet, Alina ordered "Smokescreen and sneak behind that barrier with a Quick Attack. Give it a Thunderbolt when it's least expecting it."

    Cheap strategy versus cheap strategy. Iggy grinned widely before exhaling a thick cloud of smoke over the battlefield before disappearing into it. Alina couldn't help but feel somewhat paranoid, being unable to see her own Pokemon and, well, being the only human being here. In a haunted fairground. Excellent. She was distracted, and couldn't seem to focus on what was happening on the battlefield, due to the all-too-familiar feeling of being watched, but Ignatius could handle himself without her anyway. Glancing around nerviously, she seemed to jump at every movement, until she saw the unmistakable silhouette of somebody behind a tree. It was too late to call Ignatius to check it out, but it's not like he could have anyway, being in the middle of a battle after all. Instead, she tried to appear as if she had not noticed the figure as she reached in her pocket for a Pokeball, any Pokeball. Before she could pull it out, however, the figure had already dashed off in the direction Karen was. Alina sighed with relief. At least she wouldn't have to deal with him, for now. Karen was obviously a skilled trainer, and could probably deal with this man with the same ease that she had with the Drowzee. However, this thought didn't comfort Alina much. It simply made her want to get the battle over with. She shifted uneasily and called out "Hurry it up, we have cloaked figures to tackle!"
    "My pedestal was too high for me to climb off of. In fact, that's the reason for the high horse."

    Fizzy of Bubbles
    And Another Useless Art Blog

  16. #141
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    NONYA BIZNEZ
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fangirl View Post
    (Alright, my ragtag lot, welcome to my group! I’m sorry about the delay, but sadly, IRL has taken some…tragic…turns, and I’ve been distracted. Still, the show much go on, and go on it will, here in the fantabulous Miasma Heights! Now, I ask that everyone in my group please check their signatures to make sure all Regi links and team info are up-to-date, to make my servicing of you that much easier for the both of us.)

    The Restaurant

    Psychopath: Feeling a new rush of confidence as your dragonfly powerhouse gains new prowess through evolution, it takes you far too long to give Valor his orders, leaving Freeze to stare angrily at you, silently demanding your participation. Finally coming to your senses, you give Valor very concise orders, prompting him to spring into action.

    Immediately he summons all of his elemental experience, thick vines bursting up through the ground around him, sending cracked and splintering tiles through the hair as they fling forwards, wrapping with a death hold around Victory’s leg. She looses a high pitched scream as she’s jerked off her feet, landing on the marble hard. Before she can think to get away, or Oscar can think to order commands, Valor then opens his maw wide, the temperature in the room dropping violently as a million tiny ice crystals form between his jaws, before powering forward in a flurry of ice cold water and frost, striking Victory on the back. The Gabite screeches in agony, the sound turning every stomach bin the room as all eyes watch her writhe in turmoil, before suddenly falling limp. A sad, ill look crosses Oscar’s face as he recalls her silently, his young heart obviously reaching out to his Pokemon in sympathy.

    “You did well, Vicky.” He sighs as he pockets the ball, and shoots you a benevolent but still somewhat dirty look. He doesn’t even bother to wait for Freeze’s call, more than aware that he lost, and in the worst way. Level up for Digga’ and Valor!

    “So what’s this you needed help with, then?” He asks, crossing his arms. “A woman right? I suppose I’m obligated to help, since you did beat me, but I can’t do anything unless you tell me what I’m supposed to be helping with!”

    What will you do?

    He had won... great. Any other time he would have given each of his pokemon a berry treat, but it wasn't doable at the time. He looked at Oscar, then spoke, " Yes, there was a woman who worked here, she... made some bad choices, and died. She is stuck in this hotel because her only pokemon is tethering her down to the world." Valor looked at Tyson and climbed onto his shoulder, and looked at him, giving him a look of surprise. I forgot to tell him, let me explain it to them both.

    "She worked in this restaurant, and died either during a shift, or after going home, whatever it was, her pokemon is around here. This is where you come in, Oscar, you know a lot more of this restaurant than me, would you help me find her pokemon? It can't be that hard, a red and white sphere probably stands out like a sore thumb.


  17. #142
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Aberdeenshire
    Posts
    466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl's Perap View Post
    The Circus Tent: Want to witness the show of a lifetime? Enter the Circus Tent and challenge the bloodthirsty ghosts within to a dangerous and challenging battle upon the stage. Defeating four in a row gains you access to the Champion - A Dark Pokémon whose identity remains a mystery as nobody has ever made it far enough to win. Beating the ghouls will no doubt lead to a very handsome prize, but do you have what it takes?

    ((Hehe, finally got added to the usergroup. I'm sure this'll be awesome. ;D))

    Taking a step into the rather desolete amusement park of Miasma Heights Kelly was rather surprised. She had expected something more... creepy perhaps? Though there was indeed a light miasma-like mist about the place the rides themselves looked fairly intact to say the least, none of them were particularly intimidating or broken from as far as she could see. It was less the appearance and more the quiet uninhabitated atmosphere about the place that sent shivers down the blond's spine, more than making up for rides seemingly innocent outward appearance. The newly evolved female Honchcrow, perched confidently overhead, survaying her surroundings, seeming very much at ease in this less than inviting fairground. The area itself had peaked her interest, or moreso her Honchcrow Carmen's interest. Her previous adventure she had thought to be rather lax carefree ride but turned out to be quite the opposite. Now she was hoping reverse psychology would prevail, though after hearing the tale of the children who had previously lost their lives in a fire on the Ghost Train ride she wasn't so sure her method in picking an area to visit would work out so well. A seemingly large tent-like structure caught her attention. She turned around, realising her assumtion was wrong, it wasn't a tent-like structure at all, it was, well, an actual tent. Curiosity or fear? Well, Carmen seemed to have the right idea, swooping downwards and landing right beside her before looking up and cawing lightly, a michevous glint in her eye. For being cooped up in a cage for days with no food or water her evolution seemed to have really given her a confidence boost, either that or an attitutde or both as it seemed.

    Either way, the tent didn't exactly look threatening from a glance and her Honchcrow seemed equally at ease, more curious at what the insides of such a tent would look like or why such a strange structure would exist rather than the prospect of anything out of the ordinary happening. After all, the Ghost Train incident was just a story she'd heard, gossip at best. Besides, even if something like that did happen it wasn't like it would effect them, the place seemed pretty abandoned...

    "Crow," the Honchkrow cawed once more, with a slight hint of impatience this time.

    "Oh... huh?" She turned around suddenly looking down Carmen. "Ok, we'll go it, it can't hurt right?" The crow tipped her hat in response, with that the girl carefully peeled back the tent's flap and peered inside.

  18. #143
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Black City
    Posts
    7,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl's Perap View Post

    The Circus Tent: Want to witness the show of a lifetime? Enter the Circus Tent and challenge the bloodthirsty ghosts within to a dangerous and challenging battle upon the stage. Defeating four in a row gains you access to the Champion - A Dark Pokémon whose identity remains a mystery as nobody has ever made it far enough to win. Beating the ghouls will no doubt lead to a very handsome prize, but do you have what it takes?
    Missingno. Master had long heard rumors of this sinister circus tent. Now, as he approached the entrance to Miasma Heights, he turned to the two-headed bag of gas hovering beside him.

    "Well, Weezing, here we are," he said to his faithful starter. "Miasma Heights, the abandoned theme park. We're gonna beat those ghosts and claim that prize. With you by my side, we can't lose." At that, he then pulled the other four Poké Balls from his belt and threw them in the air. Arbok, Qwilfish, Venomoth, and Vileplume appeared in front of their trainer. "OK, guys," said Missingno. Master. "I want you all ready for battle." At this, Arbok stood tall, puffing out its patterned chest. Qwilfish puffed himself up importantly. Venomoth and Vileplume stopped kissing. Venomoth hovered in midair, with an unnatural stillness, showing her determination. Vileplume belched loudly, then saluted his trainer. Smiling, Missingno. Master returned all of his Pokemon to their Pokeballs. Then he took out of his backpack the gray Enigma Egg. It was plain grey with a white question mark on it. "I dunno what you'll hatch into, little guy," he said softly, "but you're gonna be great, I know it." He then placed the egg back in its protective case, which he then put back in his backpack. Taking a deep breath, Missingno. Master then started for the circus tent.

    I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

    Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

    Fizzy Bubbles info

  19. #144
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,160

    Default

    Round two! SP Eevee and Missingno Master, because I know have a whopping THREE OUT OF FIVE updatees in the same area, I’m giving you two choices: You may either have a joint adventure with Weebos (most recent update), or you may choose a different area to adventure in. I’m sorry to throw that on you guys, but I’m not comfortable trying to fit three separate updates into an area so small—I’m just not that clever. Keep in mind that your updates may be slower than usual at first if you chose to remain in the Circus Tent as Weebos is currently temporarily AWOL. Whatever you choose, let me know ASAP, either through PM if you choose to remain, or through a new introductory post if you choose to move, and I’ll update you separately and as immediately as possible.

    The Restaurant

    Psychopath: Oscar listens silently for a while, cocking his head to and fro, to and fro, in a flamboyant display of concentration. Finally, a look of dawning crosses his face, followed by a disconcerting look of horror, and finally, a scowl. “I know where it is.” He blurts tensely. “I know exactly where it is! But I can’t take you there.” His face pales—a difficult task for a ghost—and he half-floats, half-stumbles backwards, towards the fridge he had been found in.

    “It was here, a long time ago.” He murmurs. “But then he took it. It’s probably down in the Casino now, where all of his stuff is, but I can’t take you there, and even if I could, I wouldn’t. Not with him there. But if you’re feeling really brave, you can try to go down there and get it back. You’ll need a Member’s Pass, though. Maybe you should talk to that lady. You said she worked here, did you? I bet she has one. Just don’t say I didn’t warn you!”

    And with that, he retreats into the fridge abruptly, leaving you bewildered. Whoever he is, Oscar is certainly afraid of him, which is an unpleasant prospect; after all, what could be so horrible that it could scare the daylights out of someone who is already dead? Worse yet, it sounds like you’re not going to get that Pokeball without confronting him, so it’s either time to give and pack in, or go back to the woman upstairs and see if she has a Member’s Pass.

    What will you do?

    Mantine Mania

    Hayward: Opting out of combat, you recall Medeo as a show of good will, ands gather up Cacnea in your arms. He wriggles and writhes but then grows comfortable, heavy club arms hanging like sacks of sand over your elbows, challenging your balance as you stumble out of the boat, considering your options in your quest to assuage the hunger of your arbitrary assailant. Three sundry stands in particular stand out in your memory, but as to which one is the right one to visit, it’s hard to say. There was a hotdog stand not but a short distance away; in fact, if you squint, you can see it from your current position. The downside, however, is that you’d be relatively unlikely to find anything that stood the test of time among the processed meat and bacteria-friendly ketchup. Now, a further ways out, you recall, there’s an ice cream booth. If the electricity to the cooler is still in circuit, you’re sure to find something, but if it’s out, you’re out of luck. Based on the fickle nature of the park, there’s probably a 50/50 chance that the tasty treats have survived this long.

    Your final, option, however, rests all the way out by the entrance gates. A small shack, it stands prominent in your mind thanks to the neon colored sign that hung above it, it’s colorful depictions of lollipops and taffy having no doubt captivated countless children and fleeced the pockets of innumerous parents throughout the years that the park had been in function. It’s an excessively long way away, but if there’s any edibles at all left within it, it’s a guarantee they’d still be edible.

    You can walk a short way but have very little chance of finding anything, you can walk a medium distance and have a fair chance of finding something, or you can walk a long distance and be guaranteed something for you troubles. What will you do?

  20. #145
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    NONYA BIZNEZ
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fangirl View Post


    The Restaurant

    Psychopath: Oscar listens silently for a while, cocking his head to and fro, to and fro, in a flamboyant display of concentration. Finally, a look of dawning crosses his face, followed by a disconcerting look of horror, and finally, a scowl. “I know where it is.” He blurts tensely. “I know exactly where it is! But I can’t take you there.” His face pales—a difficult task for a ghost—and he half-floats, half-stumbles backwards, towards the fridge he had been found in.

    “It was here, a long time ago.” He murmurs. “But then he took it. It’s probably down in the Casino now, where all of his stuff is, but I can’t take you there, and even if I could, I wouldn’t. Not with him there. But if you’re feeling really brave, you can try to go down there and get it back. You’ll need a Member’s Pass, though. Maybe you should talk to that lady. You said she worked here, did you? I bet she has one. Just don’t say I didn’t warn you!”

    And with that, he retreats into the fridge abruptly, leaving you bewildered. Whoever he is, Oscar is certainly afraid of him, which is an unpleasant prospect; after all, what could be so horrible that it could scare the daylights out of someone who is already dead? Worse yet, it sounds like you’re not going to get that Pokeball without confronting him, so it’s either time to give and pack in, or go back to the woman upstairs and see if she has a Member’s Pass.

    What will you do?

    When the ghost gets scared there's only one thing to do, freak out on the inside but act suave on the outside. He got two pokeballs from his belt and looked to see one had broken, uh oh. "Freeze, return..." as the ball released a red beam Freeze dematerialized into nothingness, inside the pokeball for later use. "As for you," he said to Valor.... "Come in here." he pulled out a Net Ball from his pocket. The Squirtle's Eyes widened in glee as his new ball sucked him in, a new, more comfortable experience waiting. He turned to Oscar...

    "Don't worry, I've been toe-to-toe with worse..." Memories buzzed through his head... a gang of beady gem eyes staring at him and his ragtag team of pokemon awaiting the orders to rip him to shreds from their king, a big-*** mutant Squid, and a little monster more viscious than the fury of a Dusclops and the Strength of a Machamp. Oh yes, he was thinking of the little monster he had sworn to protect the world from. He was refering to...

    Malva.

    "Look Oscar," He pulled out a purple pokeball that had the very essence of Darkness seeping out of it. Literally. You could actually see the purple energy emenating from it. "This holds the most evil pokemon that has walked this earth, Malva the Nidoran. I received her when she had attacked a woman unlucky enough to have captured her. I received this ball after i defeated her and pressed the button by accident. The results were catastrophic." He pulled back the hair that covered the left half of his head.

    His ear wasn't there, but there was a scar there and a hole. "I promised to not let this happen to anyone ever. I can handle Him."

    "We'll Oscar, thanks for everything, I'll be off now." He jumped on Digga's now oversized back. "Let's fly back now, yeah?" She nodded and took off, ready for whatever was next."Digga' let's skip the elevators please, when you get to the lobby just Zap Cannon Right through to the second floor."

    He thought on what he would tell the woman when he got there. "So, I know where your pokemon is, problem is we need a members pass to get it back? Do you have one?"

    Yea, thats what I'll say. With that, they were off
    .


  21. #146
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl's Perap View Post
    [Another update, since I can't sleep again :'D]

    The Merry Maze/Traveling

    Tale
    With your mind practically made up for you, you are quick to rip the shirt off of your back, readying yourself to follow Friedrich deep into the murky depths of the peculiar fountain before you. Not yet knowing the intentions of the Misdreavus, you are quick to insist she too pursue the crayfish as you roll up the sleeves of your shirt, despite it making no real difference. As you speak, you are shocked to notice the tiny banshee nod, "Very well, I too will dive deep into the fountain." With her words, she is quick to move, hovering towards the liquid before winking and disappearing downwards, the claws attempting to grasp at her too, despite her ethereal form. Alone in the maze, you too are quick to make your way to the fountain, grasping at the sides to pull yourself up before the sinister arms re-appear, pulling you down, down into the unknown.

    The feeling was an odd one, a tickling sensation of sorts as darkness coats your vision. Struggling to see your hand before you, panic sets in. It is not for a few moments that you realize you are sinking, further and further downwards. Before you, a tiny form re-appears, the Misdreavus who had agreed to accompany you down within the fountain's peculiar fluids. "Do not be alarmed, you are safe," the spectre begins, "This place can be dangerous at times, but with me by your side, you should be safe...for the moment." The ghost's honesty creates a pang of regret deep within you, but you know it is the right thing to do, abandoning Friedrich would have brought nothing but an eternal heartache, leaving a close friend behind. Plunging ever deeper, the Misdreavus seemed to be enjoying the feeling, as if it were one of the rides you had previously passed within the now deserted theme park. All around you, the shadows ebbed and flowed, getting bigger and smaller, coming closer and then moving away from you once more. Despite this, you finally begin to feel at ease with the surroundings and, as you do, the feminine ghost squeaks, "Look, down there!"

    Turning your gaze downwards, you make out what looks like a rock strewn pathway, appearing amongst all the darkness, seemingly floating. In a matter of seconds, you land upon the hard ground and the sensation from the odd traverse disappeared, everything felt real again. From where you stand, you can see nothing but the now familiar shadow, "Look harder." the Misdreavus utters and, as you squint, the rocky track seems to stretch further, a silver gate appearing and before the gate, a small red figure. Jumping to a quick conclusion, the red figure was obviously Friedrich, you run forwards along the path, the ghost following quickly behind you. Upon getting closer, you notice that your suspicions were true, the Corphish lay in a heap upon the floor, his chest rising and falling in an ever quickening manner. "Little ruffian, awaken from your nightmare..." the banshee accompanying you utters and, as she does, Friedrich's eyes open and he bolts upwards. With the crayfish seemingly sleeping and suffering an intolerable dream, he seems relieved to be back in your company, leaping forwards to snap playfully at your ankles with his pinsirs.

    "I suppose you are going to want an explanation, aren't you?" The Misdreavus starts to speak in her ever calmed voice, catching yours and Friedrich's attentions once more, "This place is the rayless plane. Those said to be seeking darkness are meant to be drawn here, instinctively. From knowing of you and analyzing what pokémon companions you currently have, you do seem to be seeking darkness. I just don't believe you seeking it for the same reasons as others, hence why I followed you. You seem a respectable human with a mere passion for pokémon with...dark tendencies..." The screech pokémon took a moment to hover towards the gate, breezing past it and taking in the coolness of the metal before returning to where she once hovered, "If it were someone truly seeking darkness in the Merry Maze, I would have sent them here indefinitely, without the assitance of those foul claws. You, however, did not really have too much of a choice. I saw how you looked up there, when Friedrich was dragged downwards, you do not deserve to be in this place and therefore, I will assist you on your way out of here, if that is what you desire?" Awaiting your answer, the Misdreavus floats down to the Corphish's level, winking at him with a quick smile...
    Sorry to pile this extra response on top of your list, I know you're busy. I just couldn't resist, I had a break and I'm incredibly excited about how this will pan out =). I hope you don't mind, Zak! Actually, while I'm here rambling away, I might as well remind you, as it's been a while, that Friedrich's colour change has been confirmed, but I'm in no rush to have it RPed until you're ready for it to fit in. It will be an awesome touch ;D.

    Plunging into seemingly eternal darkness, Oscar anticipated nothing less. It encased him, a swallowing abyss in which he could not see even his own form. He plummeted without an inkling of his fate, without the slightest physical indication pertaining to the ultimate outcome of his reckless flight. It enveloped him like a passionate desire, something from which in spite of his greatest efforts he could not escape but in his thoughts. Though, the Misdreavus soon materialised from the shadows that seemed to pulse, assuring him of the safety her presence will bring. Sure of the validity of her statement, Oscar gazed at his shadowy surroundings, curious as to its purpose and its power, how it came to be and what it could achieve. The elusion of darkness was fascinating.

    His ponderings were soon cut short as the Misdreavus notified him of the approaching scene - a stony path, materialising from nothingness, approaching at an alarmingly rapid rate. Before the opportunity to brace himself was presented, Oscar hit the stony ground with a grunt, stumbling in his attempt to maintain balance. Though the surreal sensation of the seemingly eternal descent had all but left his body, Oscar stood mesmerised by the surrounding shadow - immersed in the darkness that enraptured him so. The Misdreavus prompted him to regard the distance, and with a tilt of his hat and a squint, Oscar distinguished the familiar figure of his companion, the instigator of the adventure that would doubtlessly ensue. “Thank you,” Oscar nods politely at the ghost before speeding down the path, hand on his hat to secure it in place. As he drew closer to Friedrich, he noted the corphish’s state of unconsciousness, and turned with expectancy towards the ghost that hovered at his side. The Misdreavus, as knowledgeable as Oscar had anticipated, spoke a command that stirred Friedrich from his slumber, to gaze bewilderedly at his master before dragging himself to his feet. At first, his demure composure indicated the severity of his nightmare. Oscar scratched his beard, speculative over every incident that was occurring before him. Nightmares were a sinister omen - particularly when they move one whose thoughts are as dark as Friedrich’s. This realm was indubitably sinister, and it was with a curious eye that Oscar turned to his guide, the hovering ghost that seemed intriguingly aware of the intricacies of darkness.

    "I suppose you are going to want an explanation, aren't you? This place is the rayless plane. Those said to be seeking darkness are meant to be drawn here, instinctively. From knowing of you and analyzing what pokémon companions you currently have, you do seem to be seeking darkness. I just don't believe you seeking it for the same reasons as others, hence why I followed you. You seem a respectable human with a mere passion for pokémon with...dark tendencies...

    "If it were someone truly seeking darkness in the Merry Maze, I would have sent them here indefinitely, without the assitance of those foul claws. You, however, did not really have too much of a choice. I saw how you looked up there, when Friedrich was dragged downwards, you do not deserve to be in this place and therefore, I will assist you on your way out of here, if that is what you desire?"


    Oscar could feel the corner of his mouth twitch into a smile. “You’re a mystical and all-too accurate creature. Although, I’d hate to pull the wool over your eyes in regards to my…personality. I’m not a seeker of the sinisterly metaphorical darkness, that’s true. Precisely, I do not seek it, merely seek to navigate it. I am an explorer of darkness, I seek the intricacies and experiences that darkness shall always shield and shall always obscure from the innocent eyes of the average human being. It is the unexplored that tantalises me, and what better place to seek the unseen than in darkness? So you could say that I am a seeker, but as it always is with darkness, there is so much more beneath that…tendency, as you so eloquently put it. So, if it pleases you, I’d like to think that Friedrich led me down here with purpose in mind, rather than by chance. If it’s the more sinister, less affable side to darkness that this place habitually attracts…then I’d deduce, from what you’ve told me, that it has drawn Friedrich, not me, to it. His mind is dark, while mine sustains its clarity in such conditions. If there is a creature among us that the rayless plane has lured, then it must be Friedrich…

    “That said, I would welcome the assistance of a creature so attuned to this shadowy land. Let us push on with not a second’s hesitance! Oh…but before we do, I would like to ascertain one thing. What would you prefer I call you?” Oscar asked, motioning to push forward with Friedrich scuttling heartily by his heel.

  22. #147
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chi-town
    Posts
    677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fangirl View Post
    Mantine Mania

    Hayward: Opting out of combat, you recall Medeo as a show of good will, ands gather up Cacnea in your arms. He wriggles and writhes but then grows comfortable, heavy club arms hanging like sacks of sand over your elbows, challenging your balance as you stumble out of the boat, considering your options in your quest to assuage the hunger of your arbitrary assailant. Three sundry stands in particular stand out in your memory, but as to which one is the right one to visit, it’s hard to say. There was a hotdog stand not but a short distance away; in fact, if you squint, you can see it from your current position. The downside, however, is that you’d be relatively unlikely to find anything that stood the test of time among the processed meat and bacteria-friendly ketchup. Now, a further ways out, you recall, there’s an ice cream booth. If the electricity to the cooler is still in circuit, you’re sure to find something, but if it’s out, you’re out of luck. Based on the fickle nature of the park, there’s probably a 50/50 chance that the tasty treats have survived this long.

    Your final, option, however, rests all the way out by the entrance gates. A small shack, it stands prominent in your mind thanks to the neon colored sign that hung above it, it’s colorful depictions of lollipops and taffy having no doubt captivated countless children and fleeced the pockets of innumerous parents throughout the years that the park had been in function. It’s an excessively long way away, but if there’s any edibles at all left within it, it’s a guarantee they’d still be edible.

    You can walk a short way but have very little chance of finding anything, you can walk a medium distance and have a fair chance of finding something, or you can walk a long distance and be guaranteed something for you troubles. What will you do?


    Ben’s mind raced as he clambered out of the little dinghy. Where was he going to find food for the dimwitted Slowpoke, he wondered to himself. Lost in thought, the struggling Cacnea in his arms nearly caused Ben to lose his balance and slip into the murky water of the Mantine Mania attraction. After a moment of irritated squirming though, the plump, little cactus grew pacified and nestled in for a rest. Firmly on dry ground once again, Ben dragged a hand through his short, brown hair and considered his options. He recalled passing three booths that served victuals. Near the main entrance, he remembered, was a candy shop, that he figured would be his best bet. There were two other places he could try, a hot dog stand and a candy booth, but he was certain that the food at both would most likely be spoiled rotten from the passage of time.

    It would be a long trip, and Ben was still wary of the paranormal park. There was no telling just what may have made the deserted Miasma Heights their new home. He knew it would be foolish to make the lengthy trek unguarded, and now that they were far enough away from the famished Slowpoke, he decided it was once again safe enough to release two of his Pokemon partners. Unclipping a pair of Pokeballs from his belt, Ben held them out at arm’s length and sent out the Meditite Medeo and the Poochyena Hyneo. “I need your help, mates,” he said. “We’re heading back to the main gate to try to find some food for that hungry Slowpoke, so look sharp. Medeo, use your FORESIGHT to try to DETECT anything that may be hiding in the shadows. Hyneo, be ready to PROTECT us if anything tries to ambush us.” Medeo nodded, while Hyneo barked happily, and the three friends set off at a trot for the front entrance, hoping to find something edible at the candy booth…


    ________________________________________
    fb

  23. #148
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Posts
    2,019

    Talking

    [Apologies for extreeeeeeeeeeme lateness, I suck. I would like to welcome SP-Eevee to my updatees, though, as she had reserved a spot with me a while back. Looking forward to the Circus Tent, tehe :3]

    Makeshift Graveyard

    Demon Skittle
    With the impending threat of the psychic pokémon dying down significantly, Karen had sped off in the direction in which the tyrant pokémon had been rumoured to be dwelling. It was at this point that you were quick to order your own cheap strategy in the battle against the almost-felled Hypno. With Ignatius having a rather varied arsenal of attacks, it was at this point, after the horrific attack combination induced explosion, that fire attacks became a notion of past rounds. As the Typhlosion roared in a rather bloodcurdling manner, a plume of smoke began to billow from his gaping maw, engulfing the clearing entirely. It was at this point when, shrouded in the darkness, fear began to rear its ugly head. Having felt like you had been watched for a while, you stand motionless, eyes peeled for any sudden movements in the distance or close by. After a while of surveying your surroundings, half squinting to see through the thickening smog created as a diversion by Ignatius, you notice what appears clearly to be a cloaked figure. Alarmed at being spotted, whoever or whatever it was disappeared in the direction the renowned member of the elite trainers had just taken.

    Unnerved incredibly but believing that Karen could hold her own if the cloaked person reached her before you and Ignatius do, you turn your attention back to the battle. With the smoke encircling the whole clearing and blocking out the moon's light, the Hypno was at a severe disadvantage. With it being his smoke, the Typhlosion seemed to have the ability to see through and had already began lumbering towards his foe once more. Through the smoke, you notice the air changing purple once more, the Hypno attempting another poison gas attack. However, this time, without a fire attack, it merely hovers around the nearby location, possibly harming the fire pokémon, but you couldn't be too sure just yet. From within the smoke, you hear the padding sound of Ignatius' paws becoming faster, the Typhlosion had obviously began his quick attack, darting forwards to get behind the barrier before the Hypno could even react. Comforted by the fact you had not heard the pokémon cry out at all, you could only presume that, at the time being, everything was running rather smoothly and he had not come across any obstacles.

    As the round continued, the smoke seemed to be clearing slightly and, through the remainder, you could make out the shapes of the pokémon once more. Ignatius was stood on his hind legs, having reached the Hypno, who, from where you stood, looked to be rather confused, looking in each and every direction. It was at this point that, after lifting his head, roaring once more. Only this time, rather than smoke, sparks began to appear from his mouth. In a quick flash, the sparks combined into a bolt of electrical energy, hitting the psychic pokémon and knocking him to the ground indefinitely. [Lvl up for Ignatius the Typhlosion :3] With the foe dealt with, Ignatius ran back to you, lapping at your face with his large tongue. Not wasting any time, having sensed your lack of ease with the surroundings, he bounded forward once more, this time into the trees where the figure had been. Following quickly, it isn't long before you reach what you can only presume is where Karen was heading. Several makeshift tombstones littered the new clearing, each with many names on them. Alongside the graveyard was an area for flowers but it appeared as though, in time, they had all wilted and died.

    "TYPH!" The silence is broken by Ignatius raising an alarm and, as you spin to see what the problem at hand is, you are knocked to the ground by an unseen force. Blinking, you attempt to regain yourself, but whatever had knocked you down appeared to be keeping you down, ensaring your legs with some sort of magic or pokémon attack. It couldn't be the Hypno from before, it had already been dealt with, it must be something different. Nearby, you hear Karen crying out and without your command, Ignatius disappears off into the bushes, returning in a matter of seconds with Karen, her leg in his jaws. "Release me, you oaf!" she chuckles, despite the severity of the situation, "Hey Alina, this may not be as simple as I thought. Someone else is hunting down the Tyranitar and, whoever it is, has some pretty powerful pokémon." With her words, the cloaked figure appeared from where Karen had been on the ground. "I consider that a compliment from someone of your capability." a sinister voice appears from where the face should be, "Good job I incapacitated the both of you when I could, I sense the beast is nearby. I will let it devour you before stealing it for myself..." As he spoke, the figure cackled deeply. If you were to escape, let alone Karen make her desired capture, you would have to deal with this man first, with or without the ability of your legs...

    What will you do?

    The Circus Tent

    SP-Eevee
    Deciding with the assistance of Carmen, your newly evolved Honchkrow, she is quick to choose the big top as your initial port of call. Impatiently waiting for you to follow her lead and enter past the tarpaulin flap before you, the crow caws several times, growing ever bored of the wait. Not giving the bird any more chance to wait, you push past and into the opening, Carmen more than happy to follow speedily into the huge tent. Inside, the whole place was pitch black, nobody appeared to be around and the Honchkrow let out a bored sigh, as if disappointed by their mediocre discovery. It was not long before you notice a glimmering light burn at the very top of the tent. It appeared as if the lantern shaped fairy lights were all coming to life, one by one, in sequence. Minutes passed as you took in the peculiar display of lights, Carmen flapping her wings excitedly as the occurence happened. With the whole tent lit up, it was then she noticed the strangest thing of all. Their appeared to be a large black stage, with a battlefield chalked onto it. Surrounding the elevated platform was hundreds of chairs, highlighting the importance of this event in past times, prior to the invasion of wild pokémon after the parks closure.

    "Welcome, my dear." A rather upper class voice came from behind the girl and crow, making the two of them jump slightly. Upon turning full circle, you notice a strange site. The voice had not come from a human, but a pokémon. Before you stood a well-dressed Slowking, apparently the ring leader for this big top event. "I take is as you and this plucky Honchkrow want to take on our challenge, yes?" Registering that the pokémon was speaking to you and not a human, you look on a little confused as the psychic pokémon continues his telepathic speech. "Alright, I'll explain in case you don't know what I mean and have just happened to stumble in here..." the Slowking could see an explanation would go down better perhaps. "The aim of this challenge is rather simple. There are four ghost pokémon backstage, each one ready for a battle. If you happen to beat all of these elite ethereals in a row, you get to face off against the challenging champion." With these words, you notice something you hadn't noticed previously. The chairs all appeared to be occupied now, each one by a different pokémon now native to the theme park. With the psychic pokémon's words, they were 'ooh'ing and 'aah'ing, awaiting your decision. "Last but not least, the initial battles can be handled in a number of ways. Two double battles, a double battle and two single battles or four single battles. You understand me?" He appeared to be finished, motioning with a paw towards you, awaiting an answer...

    What will you do?

    Rayless Plane

    Tale
    Reunited with your crustacean companion Friedrich once more and educated moreso on the shadowy Rayless Plane, you feel slightly more at ease with the present situation. Having explained a little more about your present location and discussed the various desires for darkness of that and your team members, you also begin to bond with the spectral pokémon who had accompanied you down from the Merry Maze. Having offered her assistance and had such assistance accepted by you, the hovering Misdreavus smiled sweetly, not a very often event for a pokémon of the ghost type. "I am normally just known as Misdreavus between the other pokémon, nicknames are not something we particularly give to one another, even in environments where multiple monsters of the same species dwell. However, I had a nickname once..." with these words, the bansee turns away, her large, pretty eyes appearing to fill with a certain sadness, "...when I had a trainer, before the incident, she referred to me as 'Lady Alessia'." As she spoke, she hovered back along the path slightly, not wanting you to see her in such a weak position. Standing at your feet, still slightly disorientated with the whole situation, Friedrich tugged at your ankle, pointing a pinsir up to the ghost pokémon.

    With the Misdreavus hovering motionlessly nearby, you notice as a singular tear drops from her eyes and falls slowly, not even reaching the ground. Instead, the salted droplet seperated mid-air, the smaller droplets turning a hue of violet before disappearing into the shadows. Alongside you, the Corphish was even more confused at the situation and, rather than tug at your leg once more, he began to approach the Misdreavus. With her not noticing him, she continued to sob, showing emotions not normally witnessed with such a sinister race of monsters. With the crayfish now standing beneath her, looking upwards, the ghost choked back her tears, spinning in the air to meet with you once more. "Apologies for that, ghosts such as myself don't normally feel such emotions. I came to grips long ago with losing Susan in the ghost train accident. I think seeing yours and Friedrich's bond re-ignited my now repressed memories of her." Mustering a smile, she floated towards you once more, sweeping her ghostly aura across her face to remove any left over tears.

    "You can call me Alessia, anyway." the Misdreavus choked slightly, "I'm sorry to inform you of this, but, the more I dwell on this harrowing past, the more my tender emotions will seep through. This is not a good thing." As she spoke, she motioned towards the surrounding darkness, "If you noticed, the tears I cried became one with the darkness. If I am not careful, I could lose my whole mind to the darkness, something I have always prevented by repressing every harrowing morsel of my past life with Susan, away from the fairground, away from the Rayless Plane..." Having finished talking once more, the ghost darted forwards, tugging at your collar as if to let you know that time was wasting away and that the three of you should continue forwards, it would be the only way to return to the 'real' world once more. In front of you, the metal gate appears to spring into life, loudly creaking as it opened to reveal what you could only describe as a barron wasteland.

    Pressing onwards, Alessia leads you through the wasteland, occasionally pointing out certain locations and speaking of possible threats that could befall the three of you. It isn't long before she stops in her tracks, motioning once more to what looked like a ruined temple. "That is one of the many shrines across this plane that lead back into the world as you know it. However, it appears as though something horrific has happened here, look at how destroyed it is..." Floating ever closer, she touches a piece of rubble, attempting to tune in with what remained of the temple in the hopes that its power would still be in tact. "There seems to be life forces present in here, but I'm not too sure if the portal is still there, there is only one way to find out..."

    What will you do?

  24. #149
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl's Perap View Post
    [Apologies for extreeeeeeeeeeme lateness, I suck. I would like to welcome SP-Eevee to my updatees, though, as she had reserved a spot with me a while back. Looking forward to the Circus Tent, tehe :3]

    Rayless Plane

    Tale
    Reunited with your crustacean companion Friedrich once more and educated moreso on the shadowy Rayless Plane, you feel slightly more at ease with the present situation. Having explained a little more about your present location and discussed the various desires for darkness of that and your team members, you also begin to bond with the spectral pokémon who had accompanied you down from the Merry Maze. Having offered her assistance and had such assistance accepted by you, the hovering Misdreavus smiled sweetly, not a very often event for a pokémon of the ghost type. "I am normally just known as Misdreavus between the other pokémon, nicknames are not something we particularly give to one another, even in environments where multiple monsters of the same species dwell. However, I had a nickname once..." with these words, the bansee turns away, her large, pretty eyes appearing to fill with a certain sadness, "...when I had a trainer, before the incident, she referred to me as 'Lady Alessia'." As she spoke, she hovered back along the path slightly, not wanting you to see her in such a weak position. Standing at your feet, still slightly disorientated with the whole situation, Friedrich tugged at your ankle, pointing a pinsir up to the ghost pokémon.

    With the Misdreavus hovering motionlessly nearby, you notice as a singular tear drops from her eyes and falls slowly, not even reaching the ground. Instead, the salted droplet seperated mid-air, the smaller droplets turning a hue of violet before disappearing into the shadows. Alongside you, the Corphish was even more confused at the situation and, rather than tug at your leg once more, he began to approach the Misdreavus. With her not noticing him, she continued to sob, showing emotions not normally witnessed with such a sinister race of monsters. With the crayfish now standing beneath her, looking upwards, the ghost choked back her tears, spinning in the air to meet with you once more. "Apologies for that, ghosts such as myself don't normally feel such emotions. I came to grips long ago with losing Susan in the ghost train accident. I think seeing yours and Friedrich's bond re-ignited my now repressed memories of her." Mustering a smile, she floated towards you once more, sweeping her ghostly aura across her face to remove any left over tears.

    "You can call me Alessia, anyway." the Misdreavus choked slightly, "I'm sorry to inform you of this, but, the more I dwell on this harrowing past, the more my tender emotions will seep through. This is not a good thing." As she spoke, she motioned towards the surrounding darkness, "If you noticed, the tears I cried became one with the darkness. If I am not careful, I could lose my whole mind to the darkness, something I have always prevented by repressing every harrowing morsel of my past life with Susan, away from the fairground, away from the Rayless Plane..." Having finished talking once more, the ghost darted forwards, tugging at your collar as if to let you know that time was wasting away and that the three of you should continue forwards, it would be the only way to return to the 'real' world once more. In front of you, the metal gate appears to spring into life, loudly creaking as it opened to reveal what you could only describe as a barron wasteland.

    Pressing onwards, Alessia leads you through the wasteland, occasionally pointing out certain locations and speaking of possible threats that could befall the three of you. It isn't long before she stops in her tracks, motioning once more to what looked like a ruined temple. "That is one of the many shrines across this plane that lead back into the world as you know it. However, it appears as though something horrific has happened here, look at how destroyed it is..." Floating ever closer, she touches a piece of rubble, attempting to tune in with what remained of the temple in the hopes that its power would still be in tact. "There seems to be life forces present in here, but I'm not too sure if the portal is still there, there is only one way to find out..."

    What will you do?
    You most certainly do not suck! I'm fuming cause I had this done yesterday, but my internet cut out at 2, and now it's being as slow as a ****ing...snail...

    Awesome update =) =) =).


    His manners paled in light of their effect as Oscar’s request for the Misdreavus’s name struck a nerve so unfamiliar to her kind that she felt compelled to extend an apology. As she imparted Oscar with her history, he observed with curiosity as the ghost sought the solitude in which to succumb to her overpowering emotion. Never had he anticipated such outpour from a spectre so typically composed, and for a few moments all he could do was examine her emotional response. The ghost had experienced a greater loss than that of her own life. Seemingly doomed to endure a perpetual sorrow, her ability to assuage the severity of her emotion and suppress her every tear augmented Oscar’s intrigue and esteem for the ghost. The encroaching darkness thrived on the grief, she told him, and it was a resolve so unswerving that in the ghost Oscar began to see a soul perhaps higher than his own, one to revere. He’d never quite considered the matchless endurance of spectres, whose souls roamed the tainted earth for eternity, an eternity that would cripple the heart of a living human. Perhaps he’d thought the privilege of life as being one which bestows on its benefactors the novelty of emotion to which the human race was so unanimously accustomed that many had come to scorn its essence. But here existed the evidence of its permeation through the dead, its sovereignty as powerful as it is in those hearts that maintain the pulse of life. Perhaps, he mused, the hearts of ghosts were no different. Perhaps they beat like those of the living. Perhaps the secret to death lay with the soul, perhaps it was the soul, whose mysteries elude so prevalently the logical minds of humans, that those who drifted to the other side knew so acutely. Perhaps it was but the fleshy prison in which he himself was encapsulated that divorced the likes of himself and Friedrich from Alessia and her ilk. Was the death of a body all that death is? Was death just a liberation, or condemnation to the eternal endurance of emotion without the body to turn it on?

    “From the deepest reaches of my heart, Lady Alessia, I sincerely apologise for prompting these melancholic recollections. For the sake of the darkness we shall strive to subdue them from now on. Perhaps if, when you feel it appropriate, you were to divulge to a greater extent the sorrows of your past, they may, as a soul may cleanse itself, rid you of your perpetual subjection to sorrow?” Oscar spoke from a distance while Friedrich, his dark curiosity unfathomably piqued by the ghost’s emotional outburst, discarded such adherence to common etiquette by approaching and scrutinising Alessia as she mourned. As she wiped the tears from her spectral features and swooped closer to him, she informed Oscar of how the darkness loomed over those minds that linger in sorrow, and so Oscar sombrely responded with a nod and replied, “Another time, then.”

    He summoned Friedrich closer, confident that the slightest morsel of sorrow would struggle to infiltrate the hardy Corphish’s mind, let alone subject him to the possession of the darkness - that is, if the darkness did not dwell in abundance in his mind already. He was the most apt of all companions when it came to confronting the Rayless Plane, and if not him then certainly Simone, his unfeeling Houndour whose only bond was to that of her own survival instinct and inexplicable obedience to her trainer. At least Friedrich conveyed passion, albeit an entirely selfish and insufferably elitist passion.

    No sooner than Alessia had prompted Oscar into movement, the grand metal gate that towered like an ominous surveyor above them sprang into activity, and pulled itself ajar amid a cacophony of grinding and creaking. It revealed to them an expanse, a wasteland enshrined by darkness. It bore such resemblance to particular locations of which Oscar would repeatedly dream, that it was at this moment that he verified his consciousness. Friedrich was the first to scuttle past the gate, tailed immediately by his trainer and Alessia. The ground was solid, the air breathable, and in every way the wasteland felt real other than the darkness in which it was enveloped. To anybody but those who sought the darkness, these plains would surely prove a hellish sight.

    As the trio progressed, Alessia assumed a leadership to which neither Friedrich nor Oscar posed a contention. The subject had turned to the perils of the Rayless Plane, to the various intricacies of which Alessia knew a vast and invaluable amount, and with every word her lips would utter, Oscar’s caution was augmented. The barren was a hostile environment, in every shape and form, yet his compulsion to investigate its every corner would not subside. By the time they’d all approached the ruins of some ravaged temple, Oscar’s zeal was ablaze. As such situations typically urged, he felt tempted to release Soren, his headstrong and overzealous Cacnea in order to share the exhilaration of the scenario. However, his fears for the clash that would inevitably arise between Soren and his Corphish companion belayed his instinctive judgement.

    Alessia was seemingly miffed by the temple’s state, and it was with caution that she attempted to discern its fate. Having affirmed to Oscar that the temple may yet contain the portal through which he’d be required to travel in order to reach the surface once more, she proceeded to notify him of the life that resided within its ruined walls. Oscar surveyed the temple with an enthusiastic glint, before turning to the ghost and beckoning her to follow him inside.

    “My dear Alessia, if there is one thing the Rayless Plane can lob our way with certainty that we shall receive it with our hearts ablaze and our fears allayed, it is the prospect of danger. Bring us to the darkness and we’ll tackle its foreboding challenge without hesitance! Friedrich, be on your guard and your best behaviour - no wandering, no destruction. The frame of this temple is unstable and at risk of crushing our brittle skeletons, so only at the certainty of danger can you respond with Rage. Now, Alessia, let us continue inside.”

  25. #150
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    u ess ay
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl's Perap View Post
    [Apologies for extreeeeeeeeeeme lateness, I suck. I would like to welcome SP-Eevee to my updatees, though, as she had reserved a spot with me a while back. Looking forward to the Circus Tent, tehe :3]

    Makeshift Graveyard

    Demon Skittle
    With the impending threat of the psychic pokémon dying down significantly, Karen had sped off in the direction in which the tyrant pokémon had been rumoured to be dwelling. It was at this point that you were quick to order your own cheap strategy in the battle against the almost-felled Hypno. With Ignatius having a rather varied arsenal of attacks, it was at this point, after the horrific attack combination induced explosion, that fire attacks became a notion of past rounds. As the Typhlosion roared in a rather bloodcurdling manner, a plume of smoke began to billow from his gaping maw, engulfing the clearing entirely. It was at this point when, shrouded in the darkness, fear began to rear its ugly head. Having felt like you had been watched for a while, you stand motionless, eyes peeled for any sudden movements in the distance or close by. After a while of surveying your surroundings, half squinting to see through the thickening smog created as a diversion by Ignatius, you notice what appears clearly to be a cloaked figure. Alarmed at being spotted, whoever or whatever it was disappeared in the direction the renowned member of the elite trainers had just taken.

    Unnerved incredibly but believing that Karen could hold her own if the cloaked person reached her before you and Ignatius do, you turn your attention back to the battle. With the smoke encircling the whole clearing and blocking out the moon's light, the Hypno was at a severe disadvantage. With it being his smoke, the Typhlosion seemed to have the ability to see through and had already began lumbering towards his foe once more. Through the smoke, you notice the air changing purple once more, the Hypno attempting another poison gas attack. However, this time, without a fire attack, it merely hovers around the nearby location, possibly harming the fire pokémon, but you couldn't be too sure just yet. From within the smoke, you hear the padding sound of Ignatius' paws becoming faster, the Typhlosion had obviously began his quick attack, darting forwards to get behind the barrier before the Hypno could even react. Comforted by the fact you had not heard the pokémon cry out at all, you could only presume that, at the time being, everything was running rather smoothly and he had not come across any obstacles.

    As the round continued, the smoke seemed to be clearing slightly and, through the remainder, you could make out the shapes of the pokémon once more. Ignatius was stood on his hind legs, having reached the Hypno, who, from where you stood, looked to be rather confused, looking in each and every direction. It was at this point that, after lifting his head, roaring once more. Only this time, rather than smoke, sparks began to appear from his mouth. In a quick flash, the sparks combined into a bolt of electrical energy, hitting the psychic pokémon and knocking him to the ground indefinitely. [Lvl up for Ignatius the Typhlosion :3] With the foe dealt with, Ignatius ran back to you, lapping at your face with his large tongue. Not wasting any time, having sensed your lack of ease with the surroundings, he bounded forward once more, this time into the trees where the figure had been. Following quickly, it isn't long before you reach what you can only presume is where Karen was heading. Several makeshift tombstones littered the new clearing, each with many names on them. Alongside the graveyard was an area for flowers but it appeared as though, in time, they had all wilted and died.

    "TYPH!" The silence is broken by Ignatius raising an alarm and, as you spin to see what the problem at hand is, you are knocked to the ground by an unseen force. Blinking, you attempt to regain yourself, but whatever had knocked you down appeared to be keeping you down, ensaring your legs with some sort of magic or pokémon attack. It couldn't be the Hypno from before, it had already been dealt with, it must be something different. Nearby, you hear Karen crying out and without your command, Ignatius disappears off into the bushes, returning in a matter of seconds with Karen, her leg in his jaws. "Release me, you oaf!" she chuckles, despite the severity of the situation, "Hey Alina, this may not be as simple as I thought. Someone else is hunting down the Tyranitar and, whoever it is, has some pretty powerful pokémon." With her words, the cloaked figure appeared from where Karen had been on the ground. "I consider that a compliment from someone of your capability." a sinister voice appears from where the face should be, "Good job I incapacitated the both of you when I could, I sense the beast is nearby. I will let it devour you before stealing it for myself..." As he spoke, the figure cackled deeply. If you were to escape, let alone Karen make her desired capture, you would have to deal with this man first, with or without the ability of your legs...

    What will you do?
    HEY I FOUND IT.

    Tapping her foot impatiently, Alina listened to the sound of the light padding of her Typhlosion's paws through the smoke and the confused cries of the Hypno. Ignatius seemed to be taking his dear old time, putting the Hypno, and even Alina, over the edge. It wasn't that she was worried that Ignatius would lose the battle. He had it pretty much under control. No, it was the knowledge of some cloaked figure running about the area and she was basically out in the open staring into a cloud of smoke. An easy target. The Hypno's situation was far worse, as he couldn't see at all and knew that some beast was after him for the kill. In an act of desperation, he released another Poison Gas attack, the smoke now turning into a purple hue. Only time would tell whether the poisonous gas would harm her Typhlosion, which only added to Alina's anxiety. God, how she wished he'd hurry up.

    She could hear the Typhlosion's pace quicken, apparently unharmed by the Hypno's attack much to Alina's relief. With the still silence between the two Pokemon, Alina could only hope that things were going according to plan. The smoke was beginning to disperse, revealing the forms of Ignatius and the Hypno once more. Ignatius stood with a wicked, toothy grin on his face as he stood on his hind legs while the psychic type looked to and fro in confusion, quite unsure of what had just happened. Letting out a mighty roar as he threw his head back, Ignatius opened his mouth wide to let sparks gather in jaws as a bewildered Hypno snapped his head back in surprise. Concentrating the sparks into a single bolt of electricity, the attack struck the the confused psychic as quick as lightning, knocking it to the ground once and for all.

    Delighted with his victory, Ignatius ran back to his trainer, lapping her face with a huge tongue which made Alina wish she were dead. Pushing his snout away, Alina wiped off her face in disgust with her sleeve, mumbling, "God, that's so disgusting! God knows where that tongue has been. You probably clean yourself or something with it..."

    Iggy scratched his snout with a claw and sniffed. He was no Persian...

    Alina took one last look at the fainted Hypno, feeling slight pity for it. "Shame, really. If its opponent wasn't you I bet this battle would have been pretty difficult overall, and it would have had a chance to shine. With a bit of training I bet it would be a beast."

    Ignatius picked his teeth with a claw, his usual smirk upon his face. Sure, it could've been an impressive Hypno, but it could never match up to Iggy the Typhlosion.

    Turning to the direction Karen ran off in, Alina said with slight worry in her voice, "we should get going. Even though Karen can take care of herself, that cloaked figure really kind of worries me..."

    Ignatius sensed her unease, and his usual smile disappeared. As Alina's first Pokemon, long-time companion, and closest friend, he felt responsible for keeping his trainer safe, so, without warning, he bounded off into the trees where the figure once stood, only to bolt off into the direction where Karen was heading. "HEY, slow down you ***! I don't have four legs and-- DON'T LEAVE ME HERE!"

    "Ignatius isn't that fast," whispered Prestige from within his Pokeball, yawning slightly. "You just can't keep up because a dead person runs faster than you."

    Ignoring Prestige's remarks, Alina ran as fast as she could to keep up with her fiery companion, only to reach a clearing littered with make-shift tombstones. Alina stopped to catch her breath beside Ignatius who was acting rather strange. He sensed that something wasn't quite right here, but then again, they were in the middle of a graveyard. Such feelings are common in places like these. But what bothered the two the most was that there was no sign of Karen...

    Suddenly, Ignatius cried out in alarm. Alina spun around to see what all the fuss was about, but was knocked to the ground by some unknown force, leaving her in a confused daze. She looked around frantically for the source of this attack as Karen cried out for help, but could see nothing. Whatever had forced her down before was keeping her down, however, and Ignatius disappeared into the bushes without her command, leaving a panicked Alina struggling on the ground. Trying to calm herself down, Alina tried to sort things out in her head and assess the situation she was caught in. She reassured herself that Ignatius would be back with the culprit, most likely, and she would be free soon. As for the force that was keeping her down, it was most likely from a psychic Pokemon... but it couldn't have been from the Hypno. Nah, that guy is probably still passed out in the forest. This was something else... But Iggy could probably take it out instantly. He seemed to be brimming with energy, still.

    Ignatius soon returned, carefully dragging Karen along with her leg in his jaws. "Release me, you oaf!" ordered Karen before turning to Alina, "Hey Alina, this may not be as simple as I thought. Someone else is hunting down the Tyranitar and, whoever it is, has some pretty powerful pokémon."

    Ignatius released his grip on Karen and exchanged a sarcastic "well isn't this just lovely" look with Alina. If Karen couldn't handle this guy, how could Alina do any better? Alina managed to pull herself up to a sitting position, however her legs were still paralyzed by that same unknown force.

    "I consider that a compliment from someone of your capability."

    Alina turned her head to find the cloaked figure standing where Karen once had been. "Good job I incapacitated the both of you when I could, I sense the beast is nearby. I will let it devour you before stealing it for myself..."

    "You know, you're not too bright," Alina said matter-of-factly. "A girl such as myself is obviously harmless, but my Typhlosion here could cause some serious damage. Yet, I'm the one here who's incapacitated while my Typhlosion can go about doing whatever he pleases? Brilliant."

    "You know, it might not be a fantastic idea to go provoking this guy," Prestige muttered. He could very well do the same thing to your Typhlosion, or maybe just do us all a favor and kill you."

    Alina sighed and tried to calm her nerves. She'd do anything to prevent this jackass from getting his hands on that magnificent beast.

    "How about we settle this in a civilized matter," Alina began, unsure of whether she should propose such a thing of attempt to crawl off into the bushes. "Let's have a battle so you can at least say you won your prize fair and square."

    "As if he cares for such a thing," mumbled Prestige.

    "I mean, seriously, wouldn't it feel better to fairly win that Tyranitar rather then steal it by cheap tricks?" Alina continued. She knew she would seriously regret this, but perhaps if she could even remotely weaken his Pokemon, the Tyranitar could easily finish the job. But he didn't seem to be the type to play by the rules... would she be putting her own Pokemon in danger? Shuffling through her pocket to find Prestige's pokeball, she asked "How're you feeling? Are you up for this?"

    "Ah, of course. Being your Pokemon, I should always be prepared to do something incredibly stupid."

    "Great!" Alina smiled, releasing Prestige from his pokeball. She turned to the cloaked figure and asked, "So, do we have a battle."

    "This will be a total disaster, and you know it," sighed Prestige. "Besides, I was being sarcastic when I said I was up to this--"

    "Nonsense, you're a cheap battler," smirked Alina.

    "Cheap? I take offense to that. They're called 'tactics'"

    Alina was beginning to grow tense as she was unsure what type of Pokemon this guy would release, or if Prestige could even handle it. She could tell Ignatius was thinking the same thing as they exchanged looks of worry with each other.

    "Hey, hey!" Prestige cried out. "What's with all this doubt about me? Have I failed you before?"

    Ignatius pondered this question for a moment before Prestige thwacked him with his spoon, saying, "How was using Al as a bowling ball a stupid thing to do? Aron are born to be bowling balls!"

    "Okay, seriously," Alina said, clapping to get Prestige's attention back to her. "Prestige, start with the usual Thunder Wave and hit it with a Shadow Ball, whatever he comes up with. Teleport away from anything that could seriously harm you."

    "Of course, of course. Let's get this over with."
    "My pedestal was too high for me to climb off of. In fact, that's the reason for the high horse."

    Fizzy of Bubbles
    And Another Useless Art Blog

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •