Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 166

Thread: Lyanazia's Recorded History

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Empoleon-Dynamite View Post
    Garden of Iris

    Atlantis Kid: You continue to swivel in awe at the colossal Island somehow perched within the fluffy clouds of the tropical atoll. The appealing blooms sporting a plethora of summery colours gently swayed in the breeze as the abundance of wildlife enjoyed their delicious aroma. The fairytale backlot even boasted a majestic palace jutted less than an hour from your position. The several spiralling towers climbing from its exquisite focal point were more than enough to pique your interest. Nonetheless, you would take a well-paced exploration of the heavenly prairie, your budding little escort ecstatically ahead. As you cheerfully amble over the lush hills, you take a fresh whiff of the summery ambiance, Ember gallantly trotting ahead and Mystic swaying elegantly through the bed of flours. All seemed at peace with the earth until a flock of draconic birds shied ever too close. Perching in the treetops for a much-deserved roost, the flock were unbeknownst that one of there bubba had strayed from the heard. Meeting with your assorted numbers, the Swablu blissfully chirps and inquisitively plucks at the tiny Cherrim. This all seems fun and games until the small bud begins welling in pain as the dove continues to obliviously hack at the tiny plant. Sighing at your first roadblock in the serene locale, you send forth a bout of orders to the fiery pony in hopes of warding off the miniature Swablu. Neighing in reply, Ember charmingly trots wayward before blowing a light flurry of yellow stars at the unmindful bubba. Despite the swift assault being fairly weakened, the glittery shapes splash onto the blue birds face, causing it to plop on its bottom. A sudden bout of tears ensues as the baby Swablu chirps as loud as possible (which isn’t loud at all), causing Ember to shy back in a mix of guilt and embarrassment. Although unsure what to do about the situation, you find your chain of thought abruptly halted by a twosome of raging parents. The mother of the herd caws furiously, considering you and your ragtag band some sort of poaching team. The papa of the species however takes no time to warden a dazzling dragon breath, the purple inferno downing upon Mystic, causing him to yelp in pain...
    Ember trotted forward meekly, uncertain as to the best course of action. Nonetheless, a greatly weakened dose of Swift stars rained on and around Swablu. However the result was far more than any of them had expected; a small plop! was heard as Swablu landed roughly on its rear.

    "Bluuuu!" it chirped in a sudden torrent of tears, and as quiet as its cries were, Nikki suddenly felt a sense of anxiety of the consequences to follow- attacking was probably a slightly too drastic course of action. Ember shied back, head lowered doubtfully as she whinnied her apologies to the blue bird. A fierce cawing broke their trains of thought, as they looked up to see two Altaria regarding them disdainfully and angrily, what Nikki presumed to be the mother of the bird was furiously voicing her anger, whereas the father didn't hesitate to lash out at Mystic in a dazzling dose of Dragonbreath.

    Oh crap, I forgot about the parents... Nikki thought. Ember looked still apologetic but miffed at the parents' sudden outburst as she advanced one or two steps; Nikki placed a hand on the Ponyta's back as she stepped forward. "I'm sorry for accidentally hurting your child... I was trying to get Swablu's attention since Swablu was hurting Cherubi here," she gestured towards the petite bud Pokemon, "but I think I may have ordered slightly too strong an attack. Honestly, I didn't mean it." she said as she trailed off, casting a glance at Mystic for support. Hopefully the baby Swablu's parents would understand.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In Imaginary Sin and Bliss
    Posts
    2,583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Empoleon-Dynamite View Post
    Lyanazia (Between Areas)

    Arc Angel: Jericho nods gallantly at your next bout of orders, bobbing onward as you usher toward the immobile Reaper. You gaze across at the noxious expanse to notice the Croagunk shuddering in anticipation, revolving rearward and gazing intently at a view completely blocked by the morass of wildlife. His ability had come into play and by the looks of it danger was drawing ever closer. The cyan spurs expelled from Jerico had made quick work of the toad’s martial cloth, and the several bruised gashes clustering up the amphibians’ weary carcass created ever more chinks in his armour. The noxious frog makes a quick run for it, leaping upward in a shoddy attempt to flee. firmly bobbing in pursuit Jericho emits another psychodelic beam, the dazzling ray thumping into the toad’s back in mid-air, causing him to croak in pain and plummet into the overgrowth. Smirking confidently, the dazzling sack of air follows up his plucky assault with a pulse of draconic energy which suddenly spurs from his mouth and envelops the Croagunk in a violet and orange inferno. As the flares dissipate, the shiny Koffing prepares to finalise the skirmish only to find the toxic fighter barely twitching. He rolls downward, only to tumble back as the fatigued amphibian leaped to the rim of the forest opening and began savaging the plopped clusters of berries. Jericho’s circular face grows long as the pesky toad begins swallowing handfuls of Oran, Citrus and Leppa Berries. As the fruits sloshed about in his inflated cheeks, a healthy glow began to envelop the amphibian, his grazes fading and his appearance growing ever less fatigued. The three of you grow slightly irritated as the Croagunk regains what little health he had left in a matter of moments, the toad in hot pursuit for a hasty getaway. Although prepared to leave you in the thick of a nasty bushfire, the purple fighter is stopped in his tracks as Spiritomb shows movement. A murky arm forms from his purple entity as he releases a chilling bellow. Ripping forward the arm coils around the traumatised poison-type’s neck and lifts him feet into the air. Completely oblivious to why a sudden change in attitude had arose, you could only clap your ears as the keystone spirit blared stridently in its native tongue.

    “Reaper seems to doubt how wild this clown actually is. Quite bizarre considering the toad’s outlandish behaviour”, Jericho chuckled. Exchanging a glance with the keystone spirit, you marvel on the validity of his accusations, and how he could ever identify a tamed Pokémon. Reaper however tightened his grimace, allowing the purple extension to further coil around the weary Croagunk. You can see a look of fear in the toad’s eyes as they begin to well up, his face growing ever paler as he gasps for air. Although you’re surely prepared to stop your fuming Spiritomb, he suddenly hurls the lifeless toad on the ground and releases a fierce war cry. Gagging and muffling, the mysterious Croagunk begins coughing up what you can only hope is a confession. Shuddering and rearing in sheer trauma, the wicked amphibian croaks desperately as Spiritomb bellows in retaliation. With no means of understanding the argument albeit the aggressive body gestures, you turn to your talking Koffing who seems all too entertained by the violent bickering.

    “The frog belongs to a tribe of savages”, he blurts giddily, “apparently sent to incinerate this section of jungle and the tribe living in it”. Rather panicked at how devious the little imp was, you continue to watch it’s body signals only for it to switch back into a frantic disposition. Chuckling yet again, Jericho repeated his words for your benefit, “I can feel it! The firestorm is coming! It’s coming!” Reaper remained unfazed and grappled him once more, the frenzied frog easily wrestled to a stand still. Its eyes bulged as it shook its body furiously, emitting a ear-splitting groan in its wake. The hard-bitten Spiritomb merely snarled as the two engaged in another heated argument. This row seemed much longer than the previous, and you could make out by the hand gestures that the Croagunk was bargaining with its fiercer adversary.

    “The clown seems to believe we’ll be dead in no time if he doesn’t save us”, the sack uttered with a sceptical brow. Surely bargaining with the evil cretin was a waste of time, but with the occasional aroma of smouldering trees and distant crackles it seemed as though you had little alternative. Panting desperately for air as Spiritomb’s gripper retracts into his swirly corpse, the Croagunk bops his shameful head upwards for your assessment.
    Jericho had his attack orders and with him occupying Croagunk she flet confident enough to approach Reaper. Casting a wary eye at the frog one last time she ran over to the Spiritomb's position laying a hand on his Keystone trying to arose him from his stupor.

    Jericho grinned at the Croagunk despite the damage he had taken, this pathetic little assclown was not going to beat him, that was for sure. Croagunk began to shudder and Jericho's grin widened wondering if the frog had realised it was in trouble but as his trainer looked across she sensed that something else was causing the movement. It appeared to be almost anticipating something, a close danger perhaps? Had the fire caught up to them that quickly? Was that it? Looking around she saw that the surrounding forest was still intact, perhaps she had read it wrong.

    Croagunk began to flee leaping up into the trees to escape but Jericho was too quick for him, firing another Psybeam right into its back making it scream in pain and loose its footing and plummet to the ground. Not ready to end the pain Jericho hovered closer drawing draconic energy around his sac-like form concentrating it before his mouth and 'spitting' the Dragon Pulse out the ball of fire crashing into Croagunk drawing more gasps of agony from the battered frog. Waiting for the embers to die down Jericho hovered near his prey ready to strike stopping as he sees no movement from it. Was that it? Pitiful! Hovering closer for a proper analysis he grunted in annoyance when the frog rolls away then leaping to the stash of berries that had dropped from the trees forcing as many into its mouth as possible filling its cheeks to absurd proportions. Jericho was beyond shocked right now observing with a gaping mouth as the frog chewed down its meal replenishing its health.

    "You cheating little ****" he muttered angrily ready to attack again, Stacey sharing the sentiment as she saw the battle revert to its beginnings; they didn't have time for this. Croagunk, the remnents of berry juice dripping down its chin gave the trio one last look before attempting to make a hasty retreat ... but an attempt was all it got chance for. Suddenly Reaper's misty form spiked and a purple line streaked towards the frog a fist forming on the end and wrapping around the Pokemon'd throat ... tightly!

    "Reaper ..." Stacey whispered awed by his speed and confused by his sudden action. Why had he remained silent so long only to act now? The silence was broken by a mixture of voices melding into one along with whispers and screams as Reaper spoke, through it all Stacey could make out one emotion: anger.

    “Reaper seems to doubt how wild this clown actually is. Quite bizarre considering the toad’s outlandish behaviour”, Jericho translated, Stacey still befuzzled how well she understood the Koffing, more than some of her others but what did he mean by how wild the Croagunk was? Did it have a trainer? If so why was it randomly attacking travellers through this forest? Stacey glanced at Reaper wondering where he got that idea from, could all Pokemon sense things like this? It wasn't as if it was wearing a collar or a sign saying "Don't try catching me, you'll waste a Pokemon. I already have an owner" Reaper's look of anger increased to rage as his fist tightened around Croagunk's throat making it gasp for air and causing Stacey to wince. He didn't show any signs of stopping his assault on the frogs trachea and Stacey was about to step in not ready to have a death on her hands, or Reapers this early in their journey together when he gave a shrieking war cry, the 108 voices melding together to sound like an army, before launching the frog away letting it recover, breathing the much needed oxygen into its lungs.

    Scrambling away in fear the frog began to chatter in its native tongue, a rushed monologue escaping its lips as its eyes remained fixed on the 'mad' Spiritomb. Reaper had heard enough of this creature and retorted back leaving Stacey more than confused as Jericho observed it all with amusement, a smirk on his lips. She turned to him for a translation and he was more than happy to oblige just to hear the sound of his own voice.

    “The frog belongs to a tribe of savages”, he blurts giddily, “apparently sent to incinerate this section of jungle and the tribe living in it”. Her eyes narrowing dangerously she observed the frog with a look akin to her dark creature. Jericho repeated his warning from before and Reaper grappled with the frog once more esily pinning it down as it whined in pain and fear. With its story not having earned it enough points to gain its release it began to bargin with Reaper, or so Stacey gathered from its hands gestures and pleading tone of voice.

    “The clown seems to believe we’ll be dead in no time if he doesn’t save us”, Jericho added snorting not believing a word the 'assclown' spoke of. Stacey wanted nothing to do with such attrocious beings that would set about the destruction of an entire forest and its inhabitants but ... with the bushfire growing ever closer and no way to escpe it without a trained guide what choice did she have? Croagunk lifted its guilty gaze up to meet the human's stony one shrinking back at the look in her eyes. Stacey growled in frustration, she felt choiceless ... but at least they had leverage. Standing up to her full height she approached the frog glarring daggers at it.

    "You and your kind are despicable," not knowing if it would understand her but surely it would catch the disgust in her voice. "If it wasn't for the fact that we're lost in this jungle I wouldn't be agreeing with a pathetic creature liek you." she paused look back to Reaper and Jericho. "Lead us to safety then Croagunk, and if you should do the opposite believe me your death would be much slower and far more painful that ours." She finished calmly before turning away. "Jericho translate if it can't unstand a good threat and Reaper ... keep it on a tight leash, very tight if you sense deception," she instructed the Spiritomb already forming his fist again.


    ~Stace and Imp. A Perfect Pair~
    FB : PC : DT

  3. #53
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    520

    Default

    Breezy Path

    Pearl's Perap: “I’m proud of you kid”, A cheery grin fills the man’s face as he offers you a firm shake, “I’m brother Abaddon by the way, I don’t think I caught your name”. Pausing at that thought, the man revolved and gave a distant glimpse to the soaring Mount Eyrie. The avian structure was the focal point of the range, nestled between a cluster of equally nasty peaks it seemed the journey may be long and perilous. Still, if the elder was as accustom to the Island as he said he was, your expedition to the monastery wouldn’t be as knotty. Relieving your head of these thoughts, you peer across to the moss-ridden battlefield, the partially paralysed Dana ushering to your side whilst trying to stretch off his locked muscles.

    “Now I think we should get going before the native’s notice this scallywag is missing”, he chuckles amidst the high-pitched squeals echoing from the rock formation. With that, you usher coo Gligar to follow and amble in tow of the monk elder. With no time to spare, you begin clambering up the jagged terrain once more, your hardened colleague groaning as he lifts himself up the rubble-ridden slope. With the bumpy terrain making no odds for the two fliers, Dux busily flapped to your left with its worn stick of bamboo lodged tightly in his bill. Dana on the other hand gently drifted to your right, allowing the soft torrents flowing up the mass to give her some momentum. An hour of uncomfortable silence passes with not a great deal to see as you groan over the jagged slopes. The occasional Geodude and Nosepass scuttles by, although you no less every your gaze back to the peak of the mount. Glancing over at Brother Abaddon, who was now a few paces ahead of you, you notice him clambering over the final inch of rocky gradient. Staggering up the hill to catch up, you tumble onto flat land to notice an amazing vista. What you had suspected to be a lone mountain was coupled by hundreds of others, gallantly filling the breezy horizon. Nonetheless, which way to go from this mountain-edge was anyone’s guess as three man-made tracks extended from your pose. You were approached by the classic “fork in the road” scenario, with neither of the three trails seeming just as alluring as the other. As you leaned to your left, you noticed the expanse growing ever more mossy and verdant. It seemed like another blanket of greenery had downed itself on the leftern most mountains, perhaps due to the warm suntrap they coyly sat beneath. To your right stood a range of weathered chasm, possibly taking inspiration from Delibird Ridge. A flock of Staraptor valiantly gushed past and neatly meandered through the rocky gaps amplifying the canyon’s birdie aura. To your central direction stood one of the smaller mountains of the craggy range, its rise was seamlessly vertical; meaning an aptitude for rock climbing would certainly be needed. The monk shrugs, as if to donate each route would be as broad as long.

    What will you do?

    Garden of Iris

    Atlantis Kid: Both you and your valiant steed sigh in angst as the birdie’s blubbering drowns out the sensational vibe of Iris’ garden. It started to feel as though attacking the bubba was a big mistake, even with such a soft blast of swift. With this in mind, the parental caws of two draconic birds only escalate the daunting situation. Parking their large blue talons into the verdant earth, each giant swan squawks in a maternal frenzy, the latter of the Altaria breathing a gasp of purple wisps which promptly singed your feeble Kirlia. A heavy lump grows in your thought as you nervously brush against Embers flickering mane. With the usually gorgeous avian each leering you down with a hellish gaze, you wonder if your desperate plea would go down well. Nonetheless, you usher forward and string together a heartfelt apology. Gesturing toward the blooming shrub, who was wiping the tears from its cheeks, you explain how you where merely defending your chirpy guide. Things had got out of hand. That was all.

    The dragons pause for a moment, leaving you with a reassuring feeling you had just avoided what would be a knotty encounter. It seemed your best bet to shy away from the bird flock, opting to quietly scurry into the nearby woodland as they nestled their injured bubba. Suddenly! The papa Altaria caws irately upon noting your movements, thrusting wayward and pecking Mystic with its razor-sharp beak. Dropping to the floor like a rag-doll, the undersized Kirlia emits an irked whimper before hopping back to his feet in wait of your orders. No matter how blameworthy you felt, this skirmish seemed like one you couldn’t talk your way out of...

    The Tree Forts

    Arc Angel: As the insane events flashed before you, you weren’t sure who to believe, who you could trust, or what to do next. Judging by the welling scowl of fear growing in the throttled toad, it seemed a safe bet that perilous danger was imminent. This only fed your frenzy of disgust for the devious ‘assclown’. Your hardened Conrad, Reaper, seems much less willing to trust the noxious frog. How he’d known of Croagunk’s tameness was something you couldn’t understand: perhaps he did glow with a certain aura which humans were oblivious to, perhaps the Gunk Shot assault from the opening quarters sealed this suspicion, seen as the powerful technique was only adapted to a tamed Pokémon. Whether he’d been hustling you from the start was meaningless at this stage, you had no time to spare and pairing with the poisonous fighter seemed your only choice. You’d reluctantly accept his plea, nonetheless a large lump of suspicion growing in your throat. Although your comeback couldn’t have been less threatening, an eerie smile flickers upon the amphibians face. He grovels closer as if ready to grovel at your feet for sparing his pathetic life, nonetheless halted in his tracks by a nerve-racking grimace from the face of Reaper.

    “Croowwww!” he ribbets with chipper, hopping to his hind-legs and gesturing you out of the opening. His odd behaviour is matched with a threesome of raised eyebrows, Spiritomb no less wrapping a foggy noose around his collar. Fully leashed like the animal he was, the clown proceeds to trudge into the tangled shrubbery with the three of you in tow. As you and your assorted troop scramble over the vine-ridden terrain, which was seamlessly unlevelled with bug-made burrows, you keep a keen eye on your surroundings. There wasn’t a blaze in sight, not a whiff of smouldering flora, nothing. You’d all seen it with your own eyes; perhaps the malicious little toad had taken you another direction in hopes of escaping the overpowering bonfire. Reaper’s grip amply tightened, Croagunk groaning in response before upping his pace.

    A few moments pass, and the signs of a natural disaster become ever more blunt. Overhead a flock of panicky Chatot busy flutter in the opposing direction, the exotic macaws no doubt at a loss for a home. Below you cringe slightly as a few families of Nincada and Venonat franticly scuttle past, brushing across your legs in their wake. A sudden flicker chills the air, your ears prickling in its direction. A rancid odour of smog fills the ambiance as a thick black layers itself above. A few moments pass and you find the air growing tighter as you draw closer to the blazing foliage. Why did noxious amphibian want to take you so close? Was he that bent on revenge he would sacrifice his own life? The tension grows ever stronger until broken by the daunting scream of an infantile primate.

    “Aiipaaaa!!” your mob instantly ready for the cries’ bearing, although the plucky Croagunk no less tugs against his lead much to Reaper’s rage. Droning in protest, Croagunk seems insistent on ignoring the wailing monkey and leading you wayward. It doesn’t take much struggle for the pitiless phantom however, promptly tightening his grip and tugging him along the forest undergrowth like a ragdoll. Meandering through the mammoth tree roots, you amply cover your face as the black smoulder becomes increasingly condensed. Bobbing your head upward, you gape in disbelief as a huddle tree-houses connected by rope ladder are completely ablaze! The flares flickered and flourished wildly as they ripped apart the section of forest. Barely dangling onto a blistering tree branch with its tiny appendage, a squealing Aipom bubba flails and wails franticly as it attempts to stay gripped. Barely dangling over fifty foot above you and your motley crew, the fall certainly seemed staggering.

    What will you do?

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Posts
    2,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Empoleon-Dynamite View Post
    Breezy Path

    Pearl's Perap: “I’m proud of you kid”, A cheery grin fills the man’s face as he offers you a firm shake, “I’m brother Abaddon by the way, I don’t think I caught your name”. Pausing at that thought, the man revolved and gave a distant glimpse to the soaring Mount Eyrie. The avian structure was the focal point of the range, nestled between a cluster of equally nasty peaks it seemed the journey may be long and perilous. Still, if the elder was as accustom to the Island as he said he was, your expedition to the monastery wouldn’t be as knotty. Relieving your head of these thoughts, you peer across to the moss-ridden battlefield, the partially paralysed Dana ushering to your side whilst trying to stretch off his locked muscles.

    “Now I think we should get going before the native’s notice this scallywag is missing”, he chuckles amidst the high-pitched squeals echoing from the rock formation. With that, you usher coo Gligar to follow and amble in tow of the monk elder. With no time to spare, you begin clambering up the jagged terrain once more, your hardened colleague groaning as he lifts himself up the rubble-ridden slope. With the bumpy terrain making no odds for the two fliers, Dux busily flapped to your left with its worn stick of bamboo lodged tightly in his bill. Dana on the other hand gently drifted to your right, allowing the soft torrents flowing up the mass to give her some momentum. An hour of uncomfortable silence passes with not a great deal to see as you groan over the jagged slopes. The occasional Geodude and Nosepass scuttles by, although you no less every your gaze back to the peak of the mount. Glancing over at Brother Abaddon, who was now a few paces ahead of you, you notice him clambering over the final inch of rocky gradient. Staggering up the hill to catch up, you tumble onto flat land to notice an amazing vista. What you had suspected to be a lone mountain was coupled by hundreds of others, gallantly filling the breezy horizon. Nonetheless, which way to go from this mountain-edge was anyone’s guess as three man-made tracks extended from your pose. You were approached by the classic “fork in the road” scenario, with neither of the three trails seeming just as alluring as the other. As you leaned to your left, you noticed the expanse growing ever more mossy and verdant. It seemed like another blanket of greenery had downed itself on the leftern most mountains, perhaps due to the warm suntrap they coyly sat beneath. To your right stood a range of weathered chasm, possibly taking inspiration from Delibird Ridge. A flock of Staraptor valiantly gushed past and neatly meandered through the rocky gaps amplifying the canyon’s birdie aura. To your central direction stood one of the smaller mountains of the craggy range, its rise was seamlessly vertical; meaning an aptitude for rock climbing would certainly be needed. The monk shrugs, as if to donate each route would be as broad as long.

    What will you do?
    Having made the decision to leave the area quickly, the enraged Tangela's noises still completely apparent behind Zak and the monk, clearly alarming any nearby natives to come to its rescue. With a quick shake of hands and a mark of respect for Zak, the monk spoke, "I'm brother Abaddon by the way, I don’t think I caught your name." Having realized he hadn't acquainted himself and Dana properly, the boy rubbed the back of his head, "I'm Zak, pleased to meet you. This here is my Gligar, Dana." With the proper greetings over, the four figures dipped into the undergrowth. After a while of climbing, both flying types flapping nearby, Father Abaddon comes to a stop, having reached the top of the formation.

    From where the group were standing, three very different looking but clearly apparent paths lay before them. To the left was more lush undergrowth, the foliage still retaining its wonderous beauty despite the location. In front was another precarious looking mountain, not the nicest of routes. However, it was the right that caught Zak's attention the most. To their right was a shadowy chasm. Despite this, the boy chose the location in an instant. It reminded him of the location in the Cloud Garden where he had first met the companion he was with now. "Dana, how about we take the right path? Kinda reminds me of the Delibird Ridge, where I first met you." As the boy spoke, the Gligar's face lit up, clearly pleased by his choice.

    "Looks like that's settled then, if you and Dux are okay, Father Abaddon?" Zak smiled at the man before looking down to his knee level to give the Farfetch'd a quick thumbs up. Awaiting their final word, Zak's attention drifted back off to the cavern. Imagine if they encountered Gyrados, that would be rather uncanny. Thinking back to the events, he chuckled, hoping in his heart of hearts that the annoying photographer he had accompanied deep into the cliffs would pop out from behind a boulder. Turning back to the monk and his partner, he pushed it out of mind for the time being...
    Subliminal rules: how to live, how to die.

    FB ~ PC ~ PASBL

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ankh-Morpork
    Posts
    2,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Empoleon-Dynamite View Post
    Lyanazia
    The Tribal Zone


    The Tree Forts: Somewhere upon the lower Canopy of the Jungle lie a cluster of tree houses once inhabited by the great Liana tribe. After mysteriously disappearing, the tree houses are now home to a plentiful of primate-Pokémon. An explorer once noticed an Aipom carelessly playing with an Emerald the size of orange, perhaps there’s more luxurious jewels up in the tree forts…
    OOC: I believe this is still open sooooo...

    Joined by his ever energetic Combusken Weebos made his way through the sweltering heat and unbearable humidity of the Mystic Jungle. Razia, being naturally attuned to heat, seemed unaffected by the oppressive atmosphere, while Weebos on the other hand was barely getting on. After stopping to take a breather Weebos complained to Razia, “How much longer will it take us to get to these Tree Forts? I didn’t think you would take to such a lush environment, but I’m certainly not,” and taking a few deep breaths continued, “Okay, we should get moving soon, once I’m ready.” Razia, being young and full of energy, was impatient however, and after several minutes began to bother Weebos about moving on. After a few minutes of inaction by Weebos, she took initiative by lighting a fire under his backside, literally. She proceeded to watch laughing as Weebos ran screaming through the wilderness. Several minutes later he was fanning his hindquarters and scowling at her. She merely gestured around them and Weebos noticed that they had reached their destination. His anger forgotten he proceeded to survey the area, “Lets see what we can find.” he said.
    PASBL
    Fighting Gym Leader
    TYRANIDOS KICKS ARCEUS
    Statistics and squad may not be up to date.
    Trainer Level 4 - KOs:104 TP:237.5 SP:15.5 C+ Referee
    38 - 21 - 13

  6. #56
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    520

    Default

    Welcome aboard Weebos! ^^ I hope you enjoy the adventure I have planned.

    Breezy Path

    Pearl's Perap: Update 1
    Although each of the three trails seemed to provide no shortcuts to the monk’s hidden garden, the rightmost path seemed the most alluring. Your eyes light up as you notice the nerve-racking Staraptor caw fearlessly, dipping and diving through the canyon’s crevices as they pursue any stray rodents. Bobbing your head eagerly, a slight grin grows upon the pessimist’s face, “Superb choice Zak. When I was a boy, I used to play in this ravine”. He proceeded to vacantly gaze across the magnificent chasm, as if reminiscing on his adventurous childhood. Meanwhile, you couldn’t help thinking of the dangers a young boy could face on these ridges, surely he’d be prey in the eyes of the bloodcurdling Skarmory and vicious Fearow. Brother Abaddon gestured you and Dana to follow, leisurely ambling down the worn-out trail with Dux in tow.

    Although the tightly knit ridges and curling paths gave a distinct resemblance to the surroundings you’d faced in days gone by, this region held a much greener ambiance. Coupled with the warm breeze wafting against your face, it seemed quite an ideal place to escapade. Gently flapping beside you, Gligar whizzes left and right, her eyes beaming with memories of her native land. Despite the fact the Pokémon Ranger was still missing and it was already mid-day, the warm abidance was soothing to your skin. Ambling down the tightly knit road and taking a deep whiff of the mountainesque air, you only hope that things would remain peaceful. The gentle chirps of nearby Starly bubbas calling for their parents, and further distant Pigeotto building nests showed only how bustling the range of Eyrie actually was. And things where only to get busier.

    “NATU NAT!”

    Hearing and apparently recognising the distant chirps, Abaddon suddenly stretched out his hand for a small, boggle-eyed bird to amply land upon. “Pepe, what brings you to these parts of Mount Eyrie?” the brother asks warmly at the chirpy bird. Shifting its eyes side-to-side in an abnormal fashion, the stubby bird exposed a folded piece of parchment lodged on the inside of his wing. Raising an eyebrow with an inquisitive smile, the elderly monk grasped the letter and promptly unfolded it. Unsure what was going on, you eagerly lean over the man’s shoulder and take a glimpse at the birdie’s note.

    Brother Abaddon,

    I’ve sent Pepe to find you, since we seem to be running low on supplies that can only be found in Mount Eyrie.
    With tonights big feast, I won’t have time to fetch these myself, so I trust you and Dux to do so.
    It’ll be a big help if you could bring them to me before dusk. Thanks!

    - Ariados Poison
    - Root of Torterra
    - Dodrio egg
    - Scoop of Sacred Ash
    - Merciless pepper of Quetzlzacatenango

    Good luck,
    Sister Ana
    As you finished reading, you noticed a slightly deterred look on the monk’s face. “Is she insane?!” Upon snapping in such a way, the stout Pepe pecked Abaddon’s hand before busily flapping into the distance. “This would take a few hours. Although our special banquet would be ruined without these ingredients, you mentioned a friend of yours in danger”. Nervously biting his lip, the pacifist looked your way in hopes of a verdict.

    What will you do?


    The Tree Forts

    Weebos: Joint by your ever bustling chook of an ally, you and Razia amply stride through the unbearable humidity that was Lyanazia. As you meander your way through the dangling vines and large flowers puffing with exotic gases, the blazing sun shies through the upper canopy and blankets you and Razia. Whilst your fiery-blooded Combusken brushes off the heated fever, you can’t help noticing growing sweat patches budding on your top. After an assortment of jungle antics shared with your fiery friend, you finally find you’ve reached your attuned destination. Gaping in awe, you notice what seem to be circles of well-built forts nestled around the towering saplings. Rope bridges seemed to connect the few houses, and a handful of ropes dangled from their branches and into the shadowy undergrowth. Surprisingly, all was quite hushed and bare, with not a single primate in sight.

    But what was this yellow and brown object innocently nestled on the floor? A banana! The crescent fruit was glowing a golden ripe; perhaps it’d make a nice snack for your drawn out escapade? It was just a banana after all. You bend to your feet and grab a hold of the yellow fruit, fingering its tip as you ready to peel it. Suddenly! A rustle of trees prickles your ears, Razia amply switching into a battle stance. Looking upward, you notice a pig-nosed Mankey nestled between the cul-de-sac of bamboo tree houses. The irate monkey waved its fists angrily, a pulsing vain growing on its forehead as its blood curdled to new heights. Suddenly regretting even touching the banana, you fret rearward in angst as an ear-splitting holler of ape screams swiftly ensues. Although unsure to react, you’re left with little time as a swarm of unseen primates leap from the trees, savaging you and Razia from all angles! One of the blaring monkey-pigs grips a hold of your face, socking you with a Karate Chop before you can react.

    Ouch!

    A few hours pass as you finally open your weary eyes. As the world slowly comes into motion, you notice your wrists bundled by a tightly fastened noose. A throbbing lump had since grown on your head, leaving you ever more fatigued and in ache. Beside you, your hardy Combusken seems to be just as beaten and, eying you up for a quick plan. Upon further inspection, you notice the two of you had been locked in a makeshift prison, bamboo sticks fortifying your tree-house keep. But what was this? Fastened like the two of you were a grazed Aipom and beaten Chimchar, both groaning as they also regain consciousness. There was no sign of the ragtag band of apes, perhaps you could find a way to unfasten your cuffs and make a nippy escape.

    What will you do?

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Posts
    2,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Empoleon-Dynamite View Post
    Breezy Path

    Pearl's Perap: Update 1
    Although each of the three trails seemed to provide no shortcuts to the monk’s hidden garden, the rightmost path seemed the most alluring. Your eyes light up as you notice the nerve-racking Staraptor caw fearlessly, dipping and diving through the canyon’s crevices as they pursue any stray rodents. Bobbing your head eagerly, a slight grin grows upon the pessimist’s face, “Superb choice Zak. When I was a boy, I used to play in this ravine”. He proceeded to vacantly gaze across the magnificent chasm, as if reminiscing on his adventurous childhood. Meanwhile, you couldn’t help thinking of the dangers a young boy could face on these ridges, surely he’d be prey in the eyes of the bloodcurdling Skarmory and vicious Fearow. Brother Abaddon gestured you and Dana to follow, leisurely ambling down the worn-out trail with Dux in tow.

    Although the tightly knit ridges and curling paths gave a distinct resemblance to the surroundings you’d faced in days gone by, this region held a much greener ambiance. Coupled with the warm breeze wafting against your face, it seemed quite an ideal place to escapade. Gently flapping beside you, Gligar whizzes left and right, her eyes beaming with memories of her native land. Despite the fact the Pokémon Ranger was still missing and it was already mid-day, the warm abidance was soothing to your skin. Ambling down the tightly knit road and taking a deep whiff of the mountainesque air, you only hope that things would remain peaceful. The gentle chirps of nearby Starly bubbas calling for their parents, and further distant Pigeotto building nests showed only how bustling the range of Eyrie actually was. And things where only to get busier.

    “NATU NAT!”

    Hearing and apparently recognising the distant chirps, Abaddon suddenly stretched out his hand for a small, boggle-eyed bird to amply land upon. “Pepe, what brings you to these parts of Mount Eyrie?” the brother asks warmly at the chirpy bird. Shifting its eyes side-to-side in an abnormal fashion, the stubby bird exposed a folded piece of parchment lodged on the inside of his wing. Raising an eyebrow with an inquisitive smile, the elderly monk grasped the letter and promptly unfolded it. Unsure what was going on, you eagerly lean over the man’s shoulder and take a glimpse at the birdie’s note.

    Brother Abaddon,

    I’ve sent Pepe to find you, since we seem to be running low on supplies that can only be found in Mount Eyrie.
    With tonights big feast, I won’t have time to fetch these myself, so I trust you and Dux to do so.
    It’ll be a big help if you could bring them to me before dusk. Thanks!

    - Ariados Poison
    - Root of Torterra
    - Dodrio egg
    - Scoop of Sacred Ash
    - Merciless pepper of Quetzlzacatenango

    Good luck,
    Sister Ana
    As you finished reading, you noticed a slightly deterred look on the monk’s face. “Is she insane?!” Upon snapping in such a way, the stout Pepe pecked Abaddon’s hand before busily flapping into the distance. “This would take a few hours. Although our special banquet would be ruined without these ingredients, you mentioned a friend of yours in danger”. Nervously biting his lip, the pacifist looked your way in hopes of a verdict.

    What will you do?
    With the decision settled regarding which path to take, the four begin to walk towards the shadowy cavern. In an instant, the surroundings take the little Gligar back to her home, where she had first encountered her now trainer, Zak. However, unlike the caves below the Delibird Ridge, these caves seemed much more full of life, the rocks covered in wonderful greenery, much like everywhere else on this tropical haven. Zak marveled at Starly chicks and the occasional paternal Pidgeotto, gathering nest supplies for an expecting mate. Despite their urgency to find their Ranger companion, both Zak and the FlyScorpion loved this area, not only was the abundance of foliage a sight to see, but there were flying pokémon galore, Zak's main passion.

    "Wonderful.." Zak uttered beneath his breath as an odd chirping began to sound. In an instant, a tiny Natu appeared and the monk outstretches his palm for the little psychic bird to land upon it. It appeared as though the pokémon had brought some form of note and, as Father Abaddon begins to read, Zak simply cannot help but have a quick peek over his shoulder. It appeared to be a list of required supplies for something or other, each one sounding as insane as the last. Turning to him, Abaddon highlighted the fact they still had their Ranger mission to tend to, "Well, we could both continue upwards, gathering these items if we see them, then part ways? I don't want you to be hindering yourself or any of your peers by accompanying me and Dana." The boy smiled, sweetly, overlooking the list once more, "Oh, I also have a Sacred Ash, if that could possibly speed things up?"

    Waiting for a reply, Zak let the other requirements spin around in his mind, trying to envision where they might actually be located. Ariados poison would be a dangerous find, but most definitely in the Mantis Cave, a root of Torterra would no doubt mean liaising with a humongous tortoise and maybe even engaging in a battle, something he knew Dana would not be able to handle alone. As for the remaining items, a Dodrio egg would be located somewhere near where they were now, without a doubt, but, regarding the odd pepper, Zak was completely stumped, "What do you think? I'm not saying we have to part ways, I just don't want to be a burden..."
    Subliminal rules: how to live, how to die.

    FB ~ PC ~ PASBL

  8. #58
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    520

    Default

    Breezy Path:

    Pearl's Perap: The brother begins scratching his head as he think considers your options in deep thought. He ganders at the piece of parchment, before lowering it and looking you dead in the face, “We shouldn’t part ways. I know your a tough kid but you won’t stand a chance on your own”. Biting his lip once more, he shuffled through the list, hoping there was a way he could gather the supplies without wasting time which could be spent finding your friend. As the dazzling sun shifted from its summit, the atmosphere already showed signs of late afternoon. Entering the death-defying settlement at nightfall would surely be suicide. As he scrunched the letter into his wool garment, his face lighting up with a somewhat reasonable alternative.

    “I propose we split up, gathering the two items each from the list. Then we’ll meet up at the location of the pepper”, as he waits on your verdict, you suddenly shuffle into your backpack, rummaging through the worthless trinkets until finding a small pouch of ash. Anything that could hurry your endeavour was worth parting with, despite how precious the pouch of hallowed ashes was. Your sacrifice was amply noted, the monk awe-shocked that you owned an essence of Ho-oh all along.

    “Speed things up!? Boy you’ve just saved us an hour of precious time!” he replies with a grin, pocketing the ash he uncrumples the letter, “Back to business. The venom of those nasty Ariados is found in hollows of Mantis Cave. That’s about twenty minutes from here, and you’ll need your wits about you when faced with such bloodcurdling arachnids. As for the root, Torterra are entering mating season, meaning you’ll have to take a trip upward to the Summits of these Mountains, which will no doubt be amuck with Hurricane Torrents. The Dodrio egg could be anywhere in the ridges of Breezy Path”. Having negotiated for quite a while, Abaddon raised his eyebrow in hopes you would pick two preferable areas of the Mountain Range, him taking the other. It was your call.

    What will you do?
    Last edited by Emp; 2nd May 2009 at 3:33 PM.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Posts
    2,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Empoleon-Dynamite View Post
    Breezy Path:

    Pearl's Perap: The brother begins scratching his head as he think considers your options in deep thought. He ganders at the piece of parchment, before lowering it and looking you dead in the face, “We shouldn’t part ways. I know your a tough kid but you won’t stand a chance on your own”. Biting his lip once more, he shuffled through the list, hoping there was a way he could gather the supplies without wasting time which could be spent finding your friend. As the dazzling sun shifted from its summit, the atmosphere already showed signs of late afternoon. Entering the death-defying settlement at nightfall would surely be suicide. As he scrunched the letter into his wool garment, his face lighting up with a somewhat reasonable alternative.

    “I propose we split up, gathering the two items each from the list. Then we’ll meet up at the location of the pepper”, as he waits on your verdict, you suddenly shuffle into your backpack, rummaging through the worthless trinkets until finding a small pouch of ash. Anything that could hurry your endeavour was worth parting with, despite how precious the pouch of hallowed ashes was. Your sacrifice was amply noted, the monk awe-shocked that you owned an essence of Ho-oh all along.

    “Speed things up!? Boy you’ve just saved us an hour of precious time!” he replies with a grin, pocketing the ash he uncrumples the letter, “Back to business. The venom of those nasty Ariados is found in hollows of Mantis Cave. That’s about twenty minutes from here, and you’ll need your wits about you when faced with such bloodcurdling arachnids. As for the root, Torterra are entering mating season, meaning you’ll have to take a trip upward to the Summits of these Mountains, which will no doubt be amuck with Hurricane Torrents. The Dodrio egg could be anywhere in the ridges of Breezy Path”. Having negotiated for quite a while, Abaddon raised his eyebrow in hopes you would pick two preferable areas of the Mountain Range, him taking the other. It was your call.

    What will you do?
    Deciding to split up to take care of the various tasks, Zak thought quickly about which options would be best suited for him and Dana. He had no prior experience with the Hurricane Summit, so that was out of the question, it looked rather dangerous to take on without the experienced monk. Mantis cave sounded rather interesting, he had recently taken a liking to several bug types, he would love to attempt to see them in their natural habitat. That left the finding of a Dodrio egg, a task he could perform in the surrounding areas. With his mind made up, the boy spoke, "I'll go after the venom in the Mantis Cave and have a scout around here for a Dodrio egg, I'm not keen to go up to Hurricane Summit without you as my guide..." Rubbing the back of his head, he grinned at Father Abaddon who seemed to understand right away.

    "Dana, how about we get going to find us some three headed birdies?" Zak spoke to the FlyScorpion before stroking her head, as he did, she cooed and nodded several times, "Dodrio are rather powerful, so we are going to be have to be very careful. We could potentially need the assistance of another pokémon..." With the decision made, Zak turned back to Father Abaddon, "How are we going to find each other once we have the items?" It had been on his mind ever since the monk had suggested parting ways temporarily, the boy did not want to be left on the hostile island without his experienced companion for too long. Seeing the slight fear in his face, the Gligar quickly swooped towards the boy, clutching at him with her claws. With this brief show of affection, the boy grinned, awaiting the reply of the elder...
    Subliminal rules: how to live, how to die.

    FB ~ PC ~ PASBL

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In Imaginary Sin and Bliss
    Posts
    2,583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Empoleon-Dynamite View Post
    The Tree Forts

    Arc Angel: As the insane events flashed before you, you weren’t sure who to believe, who you could trust, or what to do next. Judging by the welling scowl of fear growing in the throttled toad, it seemed a safe bet that perilous danger was imminent. This only fed your frenzy of disgust for the devious ‘assclown’. Your hardened Conrad, Reaper, seems much less willing to trust the noxious frog. How he’d known of Croagunk’s tameness was something you couldn’t understand: perhaps he did glow with a certain aura which humans were oblivious to, perhaps the Gunk Shot assault from the opening quarters sealed this suspicion, seen as the powerful technique was only adapted to a tamed Pokémon. Whether he’d been hustling you from the start was meaningless at this stage, you had no time to spare and pairing with the poisonous fighter seemed your only choice. You’d reluctantly accept his plea, nonetheless a large lump of suspicion growing in your throat. Although your comeback couldn’t have been less threatening, an eerie smile flickers upon the amphibians face. He grovels closer as if ready to grovel at your feet for sparing his pathetic life, nonetheless halted in his tracks by a nerve-racking grimace from the face of Reaper.

    “Croowwww!” he ribbets with chipper, hopping to his hind-legs and gesturing you out of the opening. His odd behaviour is matched with a threesome of raised eyebrows, Spiritomb no less wrapping a foggy noose around his collar. Fully leashed like the animal he was, the clown proceeds to trudge into the tangled shrubbery with the three of you in tow. As you and your assorted troop scramble over the vine-ridden terrain, which was seamlessly unlevelled with bug-made burrows, you keep a keen eye on your surroundings. There wasn’t a blaze in sight, not a whiff of smouldering flora, nothing. You’d all seen it with your own eyes; perhaps the malicious little toad had taken you another direction in hopes of escaping the overpowering bonfire. Reaper’s grip amply tightened, Croagunk groaning in response before upping his pace.

    A few moments pass, and the signs of a natural disaster become ever more blunt. Overhead a flock of panicky Chatot busy flutter in the opposing direction, the exotic macaws no doubt at a loss for a home. Below you cringe slightly as a few families of Nincada and Venonat franticly scuttle past, brushing across your legs in their wake. A sudden flicker chills the air, your ears prickling in its direction. A rancid odour of smog fills the ambiance as a thick black layers itself above. A few moments pass and you find the air growing tighter as you draw closer to the blazing foliage. Why did noxious amphibian want to take you so close? Was he that bent on revenge he would sacrifice his own life? The tension grows ever stronger until broken by the daunting scream of an infantile primate.

    “Aiipaaaa!!” your mob instantly ready for the cries’ bearing, although the plucky Croagunk no less tugs against his lead much to Reaper’s rage. Droning in protest, Croagunk seems insistent on ignoring the wailing monkey and leading you wayward. It doesn’t take much struggle for the pitiless phantom however, promptly tightening his grip and tugging him along the forest undergrowth like a ragdoll. Meandering through the mammoth tree roots, you amply cover your face as the black smoulder becomes increasingly condensed. Bobbing your head upward, you gape in disbelief as a huddle tree-houses connected by rope ladder are completely ablaze! The flares flickered and flourished wildly as they ripped apart the section of forest. Barely dangling onto a blistering tree branch with its tiny appendage, a squealing Aipom bubba flails and wails franticly as it attempts to stay gripped. Barely dangling over fifty foot above you and your motley crew, the fall certainly seemed staggering.

    What will you do?
    Stacey agreed to follow the frog through the forest away from danger but the eeriee smile it gave her only fueled her suspicions; it was up to something. Fortunately she had Reaper and Jericho with her, the former forming a tight noose around the Croagunks neck a small smile gracing his lips as the frog struggles against the grip. Jericho may have a smart mouth but he was a hell of a fighter and would defend her against anything untoward. Croagunk pointed off through the forest and began to trudge his way in that direction Reaper floating behind him holding on tightly Jericho floating close to Stacey. The trio followed the frog through the forest across the vine ensnared ground careful of their steps in Stacey's case, neither of them could see the bush fire or even smell a hint of smoke, hopefully that meant they were moving in the right direction. Tightening his grip on the wayward frog, Croagunk groaned in protest before picking up the pace.

    They must have been walking for a good 10 minutes when the evidence of the bush fire became more apparant. There was a loud chirping overhead and turning her head skywards Stacey made out a flock of Chatot with their bright plumage flying in the opposite direction. Her attention was drawn back to earth as several Nincada and Venonat hurried past her some knocking into her legs in their haste the leave. The air begins to fill with an awful smell, burning and smog filtered into the air making Stacey's throat begin to burn. Up ahead thick black clouds of smoke churned and spiralled into the air and continuing on Stacey found the air growing ever more polluted by the fire's consumption of the jungle and she was wondering nervously why the frog was bringing her so close to the inferno, was it perhaps trying to kill them? If so she'd make sure it was the first to suffer before they did.

    Suddenly a cry fills the air startling Stacey and the trio went on high alert preparing for danger should this toad have brought them there. Croagunk began tugging on his leash however desparate to keep moving, it couldn't be orchastrated by it then, what was the cause of the cry then? Reaper tightened his grip until it beame unbearable for Croagunk causing it to halt in its efforts to move and began to drag it as Stacey moved through the jungle. The smoke was thick and choked the air, Stacey held a hand to her mouth to try and prevent her inhaling it as she moved and looked upwards to see the trees on fire. No ... there were hosues in those trees and they were completely ablaze, the rope ladders and bridges between them swinging uselessly as the inferno destroyed them. Her eyes widened as she found the origins of the cries, a baby Aipom was barely hanging onto a burning tree stump its face streaked with tears, eyes looking about for any salvation. If she didn't do something soon then another Pokemon would be lost to this senseless inferno. Croagunk was desparate to keep moving, the heartless beast, she could not just leave now knowing the Aipom would die, burnt to death by her negligance.

    "You will wait," she snarled to the Cragunk. "We must help that Aipom," she spoke to her two Pokemon. "Reaper keep your grip on Croagunk but breathe up an Icy Wind to cool down the surroundings. Jericho float on up there and try to get Aipom to let go and come back down on you, you're big enough to support its weight. If things get hot for you let loose your own Blizzard to extinguish any fires. Keep safe okay."


    ~Stace and Imp. A Perfect Pair~
    FB : PC : DT

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ankh-Morpork
    Posts
    2,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Empoleon-Dynamite View Post
    Welcome aboard Weebos! ^^ I hope you enjoy the adventure I have planned.



    The Tree Forts

    Weebos: Joint by your ever bustling chook of an ally, you and Razia amply stride through the unbearable humidity that was Lyanazia. As you meander your way through the dangling vines and large flowers puffing with exotic gases, the blazing sun shies through the upper canopy and blankets you and Razia. Whilst your fiery-blooded Combusken brushes off the heated fever, you can’t help noticing growing sweat patches budding on your top. After an assortment of jungle antics shared with your fiery friend, you finally find you’ve reached your attuned destination. Gaping in awe, you notice what seem to be circles of well-built forts nestled around the towering saplings. Rope bridges seemed to connect the few houses, and a handful of ropes dangled from their branches and into the shadowy undergrowth. Surprisingly, all was quite hushed and bare, with not a single primate in sight.

    But what was this yellow and brown object innocently nestled on the floor? A banana! The crescent fruit was glowing a golden ripe; perhaps it’d make a nice snack for your drawn out escapade? It was just a banana after all. You bend to your feet and grab a hold of the yellow fruit, fingering its tip as you ready to peel it. Suddenly! A rustle of trees prickles your ears, Razia amply switching into a battle stance. Looking upward, you notice a pig-nosed Mankey nestled between the cul-de-sac of bamboo tree houses. The irate monkey waved its fists angrily, a pulsing vain growing on its forehead as its blood curdled to new heights. Suddenly regretting even touching the banana, you fret rearward in angst as an ear-splitting holler of ape screams swiftly ensues. Although unsure to react, you’re left with little time as a swarm of unseen primates leap from the trees, savaging you and Razia from all angles! One of the blaring monkey-pigs grips a hold of your face, socking you with a Karate Chop before you can react.

    Ouch!

    A few hours pass as you finally open your weary eyes. As the world slowly comes into motion, you notice your wrists bundled by a tightly fastened noose. A throbbing lump had since grown on your head, leaving you ever more fatigued and in ache. Beside you, your hardy Combusken seems to be just as beaten and, eying you up for a quick plan. Upon further inspection, you notice the two of you had been locked in a makeshift prison, bamboo sticks fortifying your tree-house keep. But what was this? Fastened like the two of you were a grazed Aipom and beaten Chimchar, both groaning as they also regain consciousness. There was no sign of the ragtag band of apes, perhaps you could find a way to unfasten your cuffs and make a nippy escape.

    What will you do?



    Weebos had arrived at the Tree Forts, and surveying the scene it appeared empty of inhabitants. Something yellow caught Weebos’ eye on the ground and he walked over to retrieve it. Holding it up he discovered that it was a banana, and Razia’s eyes sparkled with glee. As the trainer’s and pokemon’s eyes both twinkling with childish delight a Mankey appeared on the scene, and his happiness with Weebos’ possession of the apple was nonexistent. Before Weebos and Razia could react Mankey karate chopped Weebos in the face and he hit the ground.

    Several hours later Weebos painfully jerked awake. Rubbing his aching head he surveyed the scene as he recalled the previous incident. Razia was eyeing him, she looked as throttled as he was, but now that he was awake she was ready for some planning. Quickly taking stock of his surroundings Weebos found himself in a bamboo cage, alongside an Aipom and a Chimchar, both badly beaten as well and slowly coming to. Weebos calmly waited for the two monkeys to regain consciousness before he proposed an idea that popped into his head.

    “Okay, you two appear to have had a fate similar to ours,” he said, “and now that we’re all in this mess together I think we should work together to get out and possibly exact revenge.” He said this last part with a fiendish look in his eyes, “But first things first folks, we need to bust out of these cages.” Looking at Chimchar and Razia he said, “You two being fire pokemon can easily help us with that, here’s the plan, Aipom you come with me into this corner so we don’t get burned while Chimchar and Razia burn us out of prison, then we can decide whether or not to get the hell outta dodge or take our captors to meet their makers.” He looked at the primates hopefully and holding out his hand in a gesture of camaraderie, “Deal?”
    PASBL
    Fighting Gym Leader
    TYRANIDOS KICKS ARCEUS
    Statistics and squad may not be up to date.
    Trainer Level 4 - KOs:104 TP:237.5 SP:15.5 C+ Referee
    38 - 21 - 13

  12. #62
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    520

    Default

    The Tree Forts

    Weebos: Feeling heavily fatigued and bruised, you clamber to your feet and bat any dirt off of your tattered clothes. Eying across the bamboo keep, it was apparent you weren’t the only inmate of the rabid primates. Razia sent a weak glance your way, wincing as he lifted his trim body, his talons flinching in light of the chook’s several grazes. Beside your comrade, Chimchar growled sheepishly as it stumbled in tow, the usually cheerful Aipom following the primate’s track. Coming back into focus with reality, a small light bulb flickers above your head, perhaps a scheme that could free you of the monkey’s jail. You usher closer to the downed apes, Chimchar’s flame barely glowing whilst Aipom was shifting its weight into its tail to stay upright. It’d seemed the ragtag band of Mankey had left a scar on the two, though you’d need their help if you wanted to execute a breakout. A bushfire was your plan, with Razia and Chimchar in the lead, and yourself and Aipom in the rear. A glimmer of hope flickers in each of the chimp’s eyes, Chimchar’s tail-flame swelling passionately. You make a pact, slapping your hand in the hub of the jail. Razia is first to connect, releasing a frenzied caw and smirking eagerly. The Aipom is quick to follow, placing its tail-hand above Razia’s claw and releasing a widening grin. The three of you turn to Chimchar, who still looks rather timid and wobbly. The fire-monkey pauses for a second before finishing the quartet of camaraderie!

    “Chimcha!” he declares with a weak smile. With that, both you and the purple primate usher to the rear of the stilted prison whilst Chimchar and Razia take centre stage. You grip a hold of the bamboo walls, rickety as they where, and hope for the best as the chook’s eyes grew a fiery scarlet. The duo of fire-types suddenly tilt their heads slightly, briefly inhaling before exhaling a crimson inferno of spurs at the brittle bars. The fire envelops the green bars, dyeing them a smouldering black as they crumble before you. Clambering over the spacious hole, you calmly pace about the wooden treehouse with a keen interest. The timber walls sported several markings, depicting countless skirmishes and attention-grabbing tales. You finger through the various hieroglyphics, one making itself abundant above the others. A doodle depicting several pig-nosed monkeys attacking the tribesmen was shown, appropriately smeared in red paint. But amidst the stick-figure corpses was a slender figure with defined muscles and a fiery aura. The next panel showed it stick-figure trouncing the army of Mankey, natives soon returning to the treetops. It was somewhat unusual that the tattered illustration matched the daunting situation you’d found yourself in, perhaps it was sketched soon before the chimp uprising... You continue your escape, shrewdly grappling a hold of a makeshift stepladder compiled of thick bamboo sticks and ropey vines. The outdoors looks as tranquil as before, the tropical ambiance providing a relaxing pulsation. Several Yanma zip ahead, a family of Oddish scuttling bellow. The height was still rather staggering, perched in a hut balanced upon a colossal sapling. Having a finger of the vine ladders, you notice they bear a fairly jagged texture. Whether they could support you and your comrades was anyone’s guess.

    What will you do?

    Arc Angel: Surrounded by a heated bushfire as tension grows between you and the Croagunk, you find yourself faced with a daunting scenario. Looking up at the staggering treetops, a stout baby Aipom had found itself dangling from the hub of the tree house cul-de-sac. Barely gripping onto a wood bridge with its stubby fingers, you watch with suspense as it flails and wails. Something had to be done. A nippy reaction from a heroin like yourself. You send a cold grimace to the menacing amphibian, without words explaining how foolish it would be to desert you and your ghostly chums. He gulps heavily, not wanting a further beating from the two gaseous fiends. You then switch your attention to your comrades, urging the twosome to extinguish the flames and leaving Jericho to rescue to bubba chimp. With that settles, Reaper vacantly nods whilst Jericho bobs boldly skyward. The noxious ball of hot-air grumbles rather shrewdly as spurs of blaze shoot into his face much to his dismay. He shimmy’s through the fiery obstacles, spinning in befuddlement as he dodges the falling tree branches by the skin of his teeth. Noting the vicinity growing ever more unstable, Jericho orbits yet again and inhales to almost twice his size. He suddenly exhales a flurry of white tundra which downs upon the blazing bushfires with an ill-fated sizzle. Although pushing back the enormous inferno, the Blizzard does no work in extinguishing it.

    “Aipapapaaa!” The high-pitched blunder echoes through the sack of poison as he suddenly remembers what he came for. The babies’ grip finally slips, causing it to free-fall en route of the distant undergrowth. The Koffing gawps in alarm, briskly thrusting forward and meeting the monkey in mid-air. Plopping on the cushion-esque head of the noxious sack, the Aipom keeps a tight squeeze of Jericho as they both descend. Whilst watching the intense aerial scuffle, you where unbeknownst to the fact Spiritomb had been warily creating a Icy path with his frosty breath. Things had gotten far too problematical at this point, Croagunk was eager to follow the path, scuttling forward until hooked back by his ghostly captor. However, you now had a chimp of a stowaway in your mitts, and the air was growing unbearably thin. With the path you started from consumed in flames, there weren’t many options to choose from.

    What will you do?


    Breezy Path

    Pearl’s Perap: “I’ll find you when I’m finished Zak. I have several avian colonnaded across these mountaintops”, the monk amply replies, “We best get going then”. Abaddon then fingers through his pockets as the two of you clamber up to the vivid tops of the fine-looking backlot. You’re met by a sudden gust of wind as you reach the staggering canyon edge once more. Realising this was the setting of your first item; you squint across the open abyss in hopes of spotting a colony of three-headed dodos. You let loose a heavy sigh however as the only avian in sight are the budding Fearow and Staraptor you had already spotted. Turning to your comrade, you notice him hand a pale coloured utensil as he lifted it to his mouth. One could only wonder what it was, although the thought you’d obtained a similar trinket in the past niggled through your skull.

    “You said you’d need the assistance of another Pokémon. This is the White Flute. It makes a faint whistle only audible to certain species”, he explains, fiddling with the pipe, “Humans can’t here it... But bird’s can”. Smirking slightly, he presses the white instrument to his lips and blows softly down its mouth. Although know music follows, Dana’s ears suddenly flicker in befuddlement along with Dux. Suddenly! A few distant caws reply, and before you know it several avian come soaring over the horizon. You gape in astonishment, trying your best to count the plethora of birds to no avail: several Pidgey, Hoothoot, Starly, Tailow, Swablu, Hoppip, Murkrow, Yanma, Togetic, Wingull, Tropius, Drifloon and Chatot, coupled with their evolutions now filled what was once a gaping canyon. Amongst them, a Hefty Dragonite and Slender Salamence gently fluttered above, releasing valiant war-cries raring to go. Completely bedazzled at the sight, you switch your attention to brother Abaddon who smiles back.

    “We work very closely with the Pokémon around these parts, so they’re naturally quite friendly to us at the monastery”, he says, stroking the fluffy cotton of a stout Swablu, “I’ll allow you to borrow one of them to aide you and Dana. How about it, Zak?”

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Posts
    2,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Empoleon-Dynamite View Post
    Breezy Path

    Pearl’s Perap: “I’ll find you when I’m finished Zak. I have several avian colonnaded across these mountaintops”, the monk amply replies, “We best get going then”. Abaddon then fingers through his pockets as the two of you clamber up to the vivid tops of the fine-looking backlot. You’re met by a sudden gust of wind as you reach the staggering canyon edge once more. Realising this was the setting of your first item; you squint across the open abyss in hopes of spotting a colony of three-headed dodos. You let loose a heavy sigh however as the only avian in sight are the budding Fearow and Staraptor you had already spotted. Turning to your comrade, you notice him hand a pale coloured utensil as he lifted it to his mouth. One could only wonder what it was, although the thought you’d obtained a similar trinket in the past niggled through your skull.

    “You said you’d need the assistance of another Pokémon. This is the White Flute. It makes a faint whistle only audible to certain species”, he explains, fiddling with the pipe, “Humans can’t here it... But bird’s can”. Smirking slightly, he presses the white instrument to his lips and blows softly down its mouth. Although know music follows, Dana’s ears suddenly flicker in befuddlement along with Dux. Suddenly! A few distant caws reply, and before you know it several avian come soaring over the horizon. You gape in astonishment, trying your best to count the plethora of birds to no avail: several Pidgey, Hoothoot, Starly, Tailow, Swablu, Hoppip, Murkrow, Yanma, Togetic, Wingull, Tropius, Drifloon and Chatot, coupled with their evolutions now filled what was once a gaping canyon. Amongst them, a Hefty Dragonite and Slender Salamence gently fluttered above, releasing valiant war-cries raring to go. Completely bedazzled at the sight, you switch your attention to brother Abaddon who smiles back.

    “We work very closely with the Pokémon around these parts, so they’re naturally quite friendly to us at the monastery”, he says, stroking the fluffy cotton of a stout Swablu, “I’ll allow you to borrow one of them to aide you and Dana. How about it, Zak?”
    With both Zak and Father Abaddon settled on their own seperate item retrieval tasks, the boy turned to walk away, glancing over the landscape. The more he looked, the more he realized that there didn't appear to be any Dodrio or Doduo anywhere. Turning back to the monk, he noticed he was still stood firmly in the same place as he was previously, as if waiting for Zak to return to him with his query. However, this time, he appeared to be holding a flute of sorts, the sort one could make out of ash, if they collected enough and crafted it in such a manner.

    "You said you’d need the assistance of another Pokémon. This is the White Flute. It makes a faint whistle only audible to certain species." Abaddon explains, the very concept of this amazing Zak and, as the old man fiddled and eventually began to blow hard into the flute, no sound appeared to be made. However, as he blew, Dana's head spun towards him, Dux having a similar sort of reaction. "Humans can’t here it... But bird’s can." This explained the two flying types reactions, but what was to come would shock Zak thoroughly.

    Bird pokémon began to appear from all across the whole area, flocking to the cave entrance and the surrounding cliffs, following the mysterious flute's sound. The boy could identify every pokémon before him, several of which he had possessed himself in the past. The sight of the familiar parrot pokémon caused him to smile, his heart skipped a beat each and every time he encountered one of the majestic rarities. "We work very closely with the Pokémon around these parts, so they’re naturally quite friendly to us at the monastery." the monk speaks, bringing Zak back down to earth, his head quite in the clouds from the appearence of so many wonderful avians. "’ll allow you to borrow one of them to aide you and Dana. How about it, Zak?"

    With this in mind, Zak eyed all of the pokémon before him, each one looked quite tempting, especially the flying types he had not commanded in the past. However, as hard as he tried, he kept turning his attention back to the parrot, who was now ruffling its feathers and tilting its head slightly. "I think I've made up my mind. I'll choose the Chatot." Dana glanced towards her trainer with a sigh, he was certainly a predictable one, but she was cheerful nonetheless, Zak had spoken of the parrot pokémon for a long time but she had not personally had the chance to meet one. Gliding forwards, she offered a claw to shake. "That's settled then, I guess..." Zak chuckled, "Which way would you recommending heading to find a Dodrio nest, father?"
    Last edited by Pearl's Perap; 11th May 2009 at 1:19 AM.
    Subliminal rules: how to live, how to die.

    FB ~ PC ~ PASBL

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In Imaginary Sin and Bliss
    Posts
    2,583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Empoleon-Dynamite View Post
    The Tree Forts

    Arc Angel: Surrounded by a heated bushfire as tension grows between you and the Croagunk, you find yourself faced with a daunting scenario. Looking up at the staggering treetops, a stout baby Aipom had found itself dangling from the hub of the tree house cul-de-sac. Barely gripping onto a wood bridge with its stubby fingers, you watch with suspense as it flails and wails. Something had to be done. A nippy reaction from a heroin like yourself. You send a cold grimace to the menacing amphibian, without words explaining how foolish it would be to desert you and your ghostly chums. He gulps heavily, not wanting a further beating from the two gaseous fiends. You then switch your attention to your comrades, urging the twosome to extinguish the flames and leaving Jericho to rescue to bubba chimp. With that settles, Reaper vacantly nods whilst Jericho bobs boldly skyward. The noxious ball of hot-air grumbles rather shrewdly as spurs of blaze shoot into his face much to his dismay. He shimmy’s through the fiery obstacles, spinning in befuddlement as he dodges the falling tree branches by the skin of his teeth. Noting the vicinity growing ever more unstable, Jericho orbits yet again and inhales to almost twice his size. He suddenly exhales a flurry of white tundra which downs upon the blazing bushfires with an ill-fated sizzle. Although pushing back the enormous inferno, the Blizzard does no work in extinguishing it.

    “Aipapapaaa!” The high-pitched blunder echoes through the sack of poison as he suddenly remembers what he came for. The babies’ grip finally slips, causing it to free-fall en route of the distant undergrowth. The Koffing gawps in alarm, briskly thrusting forward and meeting the monkey in mid-air. Plopping on the cushion-esque head of the noxious sack, the Aipom keeps a tight squeeze of Jericho as they both descend. Whilst watching the intense aerial scuffle, you where unbeknownst to the fact Spiritomb had been warily creating a Icy path with his frosty breath. Things had gotten far too problematical at this point, Croagunk was eager to follow the path, scuttling forward until hooked back by his ghostly captor. However, you now had a chimp of a stowaway in your mitts, and the air was growing unbearably thin. With the path you started from consumed in flames, there weren’t many options to choose from.

    What will you do?
    Her choice may every well get her and her Pokemon killed but she would never forgive herself if she let and innocent creature die when there was every chance she could save a life. With their orders clear, even though Jericho thought his mistress was insane, both Pokemon began to save the Aipom. Croagunk pulled on his elash futily whimpering as the flames moves ever closer to the group but a harsh glance from the trainer stopped all objections and sat still looking somber as it resigned itself to its fate. Jericho floated on up wincing as the heat from the flames grew too close to his thin skin, he did not do well with heat, he had explosive gases inside him for crying out loud why didn't she send up the floating rock? He'd be better at this. Grumbling his distain he kept up his ascent dodging a fallen tree branch ... just sighing with relief and promising to have words with his trainer when he got back down. With the heat growing incredibly uncomfortable he inhales expanding in size before deflating as a large Blizzard escapes his lips which manages to push back some of the flaming inferno but ice was no match for fire and it remained, and would grow in size once more given time.

    The baby Aipom cries out again and Jericho turns his attention to the tiny monkey as it finally loses its grip on the tree branch falling through the air. Jericho has a comical look on his face as he darts forward not wanting the monkey to end up splattered on the jungle floor, he'd might as well toss himself straight into the inferno for what his trainer would do to him. Luckily he manages to get under the Aipom as it lands on his head and suddenly grips tightly causing a pained look to flit across his face. He descended quickly as Reaper breathed out an Icy Wind across the jungle floor trying to create a path to travel through. Croagunk kept pulling on its leash wanting to follow the path but Reaper had a tight hold on him. As soon as Jericho had reached them Stacey gave him a look that said 'I don't want to hear it' and he clamped his lips together pouting. Stacey took the little Aipom from his head and held it tightly.

    "Okay now we really need to get moving. Croagunk take us the SAFEST path out of here I won't hesitate to throw you into the flames for disobedience. Reaper, Jericho keep up the Icy Wind and Blizzard to keep the fire at bay. We can't come from where we came, we ... just need to keep moving. She sincerely hoped that she hadn't doomed them all to be burnt alive but looking down at the tiny Aipom huddled in her arms she knew she had made the right choice.


    ~Stace and Imp. A Perfect Pair~
    FB : PC : DT

  15. #65
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    520

    Default

    Breezy Path

    Pearl's Perap: “Oh, ok”, he replies rather uneasily as the macaw flutters forth, “This is Crackers, he came from a-“

    “CRACKERS!”

    “-as I was saying, Crackers came from a school of tropical macaws like himself, although they soon migrated to the Cloud Garden. Crackers was only a bubba, and not the best of fliers. We took him under our wing for a while until we finally released him into the Eyrie Mountain Range”, Abaddon stretches forth his robed arm, Crackers suddenly perching on his hand and charmingly nipped at his fingers. Albeit wackier than the average Chatot, his abnormal twitching and creepy outbursts were what made him so unique. The monk uncoils his wrist, urging the multicoloured bird to leave his arm and flutter to yours. The Perap shakily flutters your way, gripping his sharp talons into your shoulder and bobbing his head to meet yours. As you nervously introduce yourself, the cheery bird produces a twisted grin.

    “ZAK!” he caws affectionately, “♪ZAKZAKZAKZAKZAKZAK♪” he then chirps in an uncanny symphony. Abaddon raises an eyebrow toward the senile macaw before whistling over the tough-looking Salamence. He amply mounts the mythical beast and gestures a friendly farewell to you and your two comrades. As he leaves in a spur of light and awesomeness you notice the hoard of avian take course, scattering in their respected directions before leaving the wide expanse as vacant as usual. You remember your mission, the items you’d need by sundown. It seemed commonsensical to search for the egg first, with the several twigged nests scattered across the vast backlot. Hollering Dana to your side, the scorpion slightly envious of the attention you where sending the tropical bird, tows along as the stable airstream carries her leathery wings. Crackers unclips from your shoulder and takes centre stage by busily flapping his ruffled wings. It was time for a hike...

    About twenty minutes of shimmying through the tightly knit boulders passes, you rub your fingers across the moss strewn cliff edge as you take another look down the void canyon. Sighing heavily, you lift your weary head upward to be welcomed by an oversized head sporting an 8-note. The macaw caws your name passionately, fluttering back and forth in an outlandish fashion. He takes a swoop for the vast canyon, chirping random words you’d previously slurred and pointing toward the apposing cliff edge. You stagger backward, noticing as luck would have it a budding Doduo. Nonetheless, the pair of dodos where mindlessly pluckling one another, struggling and squawking as they unknowingly drew closer to the staggering cliff edge...



    Mystic Forest

    Arc Angel: The flares grew ever closer, leaving your time scarce and a decision outstanding. Despite all instinct pointing away from the path, you had no choice but to follow it. The blazing bushfire was growing from all directions, making quick work of the treefort lumber and enveloping the path you came from. There was, no less, another alleyway. This path which was neatly trimmed by icy breath seemed to lead to a trail just as smoke ridden. You begin to cough as the thick ambiance becomes almost insufferable. Slouching your body to nip under the thick smog, you trail down the chilly path with the infant ape snuggled in your griddling arms. The three beasts promptly tailed your lead, Koffing shuddering to keep its volatile substances away from the flaring shrubbery. Reaper on the other hand remained as detached as always, tugging the fractious toad along like a ragdoll with no regard of his comfort. Upping your pace into a steady jog as you tightly meander through the thick of the undergrowth, you feel somewhat assured you can still hear the trio closely in tow. All the while, Jericho and Reaper bob through the trails of liana and buttress roots, Croagunk unable to reach his feet as he is socked by the various objects. After a breakneck escape from the daunting bonfire, you find yourself with a snoozing Aipom who’s mother you’d yet to uncover, coupled with a traiterious amphibian who could have very well lead you to your death. You stare forthwith, squinting as you find yourself before what appears to be a tattered ruin. Several Aztek-esque trinkets and brickwork litter themselves across the half-destroyed crypt, nothing but the occasional pillar remaining. Rubbing the pain off his bruised backside, the devious frog rushes to his feet and croaks you toward a small cavity nestled about the ruins before hopping into it along with the keystone spirit. Slowly mooching toward it, you perceive with keen interest a great golden sundial, shadowing a symbol of an orange sun. Other illustrations included a blue-ish raincloud, an auburn windstorm and an icy-blue torrent. Although fascinated by the relic, time was of the essence and you hesitatingly follow Reaper’s lead and plunge down the brick-strewn cavity. Despite objective to the escapade, Jericho snorts and barely squeezes through the pitch-black crevice. Screaming as you plunge through a thick of cobwebs, you soon feel the slabbed flooring beneath your feet, welcomed by a room uncannily similar to the vault in Memory Lane. The room was perfectly circular, sporting a emerald hue as the walls and floors riddled with damp moss. At the focal point of the rounded tomb sat a gaping pedestal.

    “Hellooo...” a feminine voice calmly echoes, causing shivers to tingle down your spine, “I am a wisp and the protector of these hallowed halls”. Suddenly forming before you, a slender, hourglass silhouette gently sways from the frayed platform. The undersized ghostly figure had no facial features, no fingers, no eyes, just a round pallid visage and a trailing carcass. Her dazzling white her draped in all directions, white spurs of pure light causing you to squint in its sheer brilliance. Although at a loss of pupils, you could feel she was staring you and your ragtag line-up down, almost as if she was gazing into your souls. With the wisp paying particular attention to the noxious toad, he hastily counters with an uneasy gulp as sweat droplets trickle down his bald noggin. Reaper senses this and snarls rather heatedly.

    “There’s one-hundred-and-twelve of you? Quite a turnout”, she comments before turning to the noxious amphibian, “and it’s not been long since I saw your face, purple one. Is the weather as you expected?” The three of you fall back on the sleazy toad, which whistles innocently and offhandedly averts your gaze. Reaper simply elevates his noose, the gagging shudders of the ominous frog providing him with ample amusement. Although somewhat engrossed yourself, you feel an ominous force tug your attention. Averting your gaze, your face is met by the mystifying wisp yet again.

    “What is your business here, woman?”
    Last edited by Emp; 11th May 2009 at 7:50 PM. Reason: + Arc ^-^

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Posts
    2,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Empoleon-Dynamite View Post
    Breezy Path

    Pearl's Perap: “Oh, ok”, he replies rather uneasily as the macaw flutters forth, “This is Crackers, he came from a-“

    “CRACKERS!”

    “-as I was saying, Crackers came from a school of tropical macaws like himself, although they soon migrated to the Cloud Garden. Crackers was only a bubba, and not the best of fliers. We took him under our wing for a while until we finally released him into the Eyrie Mountain Range”, Abaddon stretches forth his robed arm, Crackers suddenly perching on his hand and charmingly nipped at his fingers. Albeit wackier than the average Chatot, his abnormal twitching and creepy outbursts were what made him so unique. The monk uncoils his wrist, urging the multicoloured bird to leave his arm and flutter to yours. The Perap shakily flutters your way, gripping his sharp talons into your shoulder and bobbing his head to meet yours. As you nervously introduce yourself, the cheery bird produces a twisted grin.

    “ZAK!” he caws affectionately, “♪ZAKZAKZAKZAKZAKZAK♪” he then chirps in an uncanny symphony. Abaddon raises an eyebrow toward the senile macaw before whistling over the tough-looking Salamence. He amply mounts the mythical beast and gestures a friendly farewell to you and your two comrades. As he leaves in a spur of light and awesomeness you notice the hoard of avian take course, scattering in their respected directions before leaving the wide expanse as vacant as usual. You remember your mission, the items you’d need by sundown. It seemed commonsensical to search for the egg first, with the several twigged nests scattered across the vast backlot. Hollering Dana to your side, the scorpion slightly envious of the attention you where sending the tropical bird, tows along as the stable airstream carries her leathery wings. Crackers unclips from your shoulder and takes centre stage by busily flapping his ruffled wings. It was time for a hike...

    About twenty minutes of shimmying through the tightly knit boulders passes, you rub your fingers across the moss strewn cliff edge as you take another look down the void canyon. Sighing heavily, you lift your weary head upward to be welcomed by an oversized head sporting an 8-note. The macaw caws your name passionately, fluttering back and forth in an outlandish fashion. He takes a swoop for the vast canyon, chirping random words you’d previously slurred and pointing toward the apposing cliff edge. You stagger backward, noticing as luck would have it a budding Doduo. Nonetheless, the pair of dodos where mindlessly pluckling one another, struggling and squawking as they unknowingly drew closer to the staggering cliff edge...
    [Aw, Crackers, how cute ;D]

    Having become acquainted with his desired partner, an even more bizarre Chatot than normal known by the rather cute name of 'Crackers, Zak and the monk parted ways, Abaddon clambering aboard a huge Salamence before quickly flying off into the middle distance, quick to begin attempting to pecure the items designated to him. Not wasting any time, the parrot had already hopped to the boy's shoulder, digging his talons in for a good grip. Not wanting to fall behind, it would surely be dark soon and that would not be helpful for his hunt, Zak motioned towards the Gligar and Chatot and began walking. Noticing the FlyScorpion's jealous expression, the boy stroked her on the head with a big grin, the parrot was merely assisting for the time being, Dana was going to be round for much longer.

    After quite a while of walking with no such luck in finding a Dodrio nest, the boy sighed, taking a little breather as he propped himself upon a mossy rock. It was at this point when Crackers swooped off alone, waving his metronome tail as if to request that Zak and Dana follow. Conforming, it became clear rather quickly why the Chatot had requested the two follow. Atop a cliff, two Doduo appeared to be sparring playfully. However, rather than being relieved, the boy felt a pang of worry. It appeared as though the pair of two headed birds had not even noticed how close they were to the cliff's edge.

    "Oh...my.." Zak gasped, as an avid bird watcher, he would feel eternal sorrow if he left the two to continue playfighting right off of the edge, where they would no doubt plunge to a rather unpleasant and bloody death. "Dana, Crackers, we need to resolve this situation. I've got a plan, it might work..." the boy jabbered, "Crackers, fly to those Doduo, distract them with a little song and dance if you can. Whilst he does that, Dana, I want you to glide around to the cliffside they are so precariously standing near, when you're there, I want you to attempt to create a miniature whirlwind, one just strong enough to push the birds away from this perilous situation..."

    As the two flying types processed what their commanding trainer had ordered, he gave his usual encouraging thumbs up and hoped for the very best...
    Subliminal rules: how to live, how to die.

    FB ~ PC ~ PASBL

  17. #67
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    520

    Default

    Breezy Path

    Pearl's Perap: Despite far from the sanest bird you’d ever met, Cracker’s zany antics where beginning to grow on you. He’d make a fine aide in your endeavour, homeraised in the serene landscapes and familiar with every nook and cranny. He points you forefront with an alarming squawk, wagging his metronome-esque tail in excitement. He twitches and slurs, flailing in a zigzag motion before plopping on your streaky hair. You and Dana take a moment to absorb the scenery, spotting out a sparring pair of Doduo on an opposing rock face. Their escapade had gotten quite out of hand, the two causing pebbles to roll off of the daunting slump, the dodos soon to follow. Partially pleased your on the right track, yet even more so concerned about saving the duo of dodo, you nip into action with your two conrads all ears.

    “DISTRACT! DISTRACT!” he caws, doing rollypollys in mid-air as his ogles twitched. Dana gives you an affectionate embrace before freefalling off the cliffedge and making his way to the hub of the dilemma. Crackers however flutters above, switching to a somewhat bizarre expression. You’re unsure if he’s thinking really hard or constipated at this point, his face scrunching as he busily fluttered his feathered wings. He suddenly releases an ear-splitting caw which amply grabs the sparring birds attention. They rake up at the colourful macaw, their beady eyes blinking in befuddlement. The same constipated face strikes the Perap yet again, unsure what to do without any specific orders. Dana raises an eyebrow and releases a deep sigh, Crackers responding with a nasty snarl. Noticing the Doduo returning to their scuffle, Chatot nervously flutters downward and releases a second chirp. He suddenly begins to spontaneously tapDance, his Feathers falling all over the place as he wags and jigs. Suddenly, one of Cracker’s fork-like feet gets tangled with the other, causing him to squawk and flap irately as he falls flat on his face. The two Doduo return yet again to their arguement, leaving you sighing in angst as the small bird’s failure...

    ♪ABC...XYZ♪”, reciting the alphabet in perfect harmony, the two Doduo youngsters are promptly lulled to sleep. Having finished his serenade, Crackers scowls at the face the two couldn’t stay awake through it, the twosome now resting on the others shoulders. Right on queue, Dana swoops in and busy flaps her leather wings to create a Whirlwind which gusts the twosome a safe distance from the cliff-edge. You sigh in relief, the two avian fluttering back to your side and clipping onto your shoulders. It was now up to you to decide how the snoozing Doduo could result in the finding of a whole nest of the fuming ostriches. As you ponder upon this, your shiny green pokedex begins beeping in your trousers, urging you unfold its clever design. To your contentment, the green-hued gizmo had provided an intricate list of statistics on the multicoloured macaw...
    Species Chatot
    Nickname Crackers
    Moves Peck, Growl, Sing,
    Sing, Fury Attack, Chatter,
    Taunt, Theif, Metronome,
    Attract, Encore, Nastyplot,
    Supersonic, Swift, Uproar,
    Twister, Mirrormove


  18. #68
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Posts
    2,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Empoleon-Dynamite View Post
    Breezy Path

    Pearl's Perap: Despite far from the sanest bird you’d ever met, Cracker’s zany antics where beginning to grow on you. He’d make a fine aide in your endeavour, homeraised in the serene landscapes and familiar with every nook and cranny. He points you forefront with an alarming squawk, wagging his metronome-esque tail in excitement. He twitches and slurs, flailing in a zigzag motion before plopping on your streaky hair. You and Dana take a moment to absorb the scenery, spotting out a sparring pair of Doduo on an opposing rock face. Their escapade had gotten quite out of hand, the two causing pebbles to roll off of the daunting slump, the dodos soon to follow. Partially pleased your on the right track, yet even more so concerned about saving the duo of dodo, you nip into action with your two conrads all ears.

    “DISTRACT! DISTRACT!” he caws, doing rollypollys in mid-air as his ogles twitched. Dana gives you an affectionate embrace before freefalling off the cliffedge and making his way to the hub of the dilemma. Crackers however flutters above, switching to a somewhat bizarre expression. You’re unsure if he’s thinking really hard or constipated at this point, his face scrunching as he busily fluttered his feathered wings. He suddenly releases an ear-splitting caw which amply grabs the sparring birds attention. They rake up at the colourful macaw, their beady eyes blinking in befuddlement. The same constipated face strikes the Perap yet again, unsure what to do without any specific orders. Dana raises an eyebrow and releases a deep sigh, Crackers responding with a nasty snarl. Noticing the Doduo returning to their scuffle, Chatot nervously flutters downward and releases a second chirp. He suddenly begins to spontaneously tapDance, his Feathers falling all over the place as he wags and jigs. Suddenly, one of Cracker’s fork-like feet gets tangled with the other, causing him to squawk and flap irately as he falls flat on his face. The two Doduo return yet again to their arguement, leaving you sighing in angst as the small bird’s failure...

    ♪ABC...XYZ♪”, reciting the alphabet in perfect harmony, the two Doduo youngsters are promptly lulled to sleep. Having finished his serenade, Crackers scowls at the face the two couldn’t stay awake through it, the twosome now resting on the others shoulders. Right on queue, Dana swoops in and busy flaps her leather wings to create a Whirlwind which gusts the twosome a safe distance from the cliff-edge. You sigh in relief, the two avian fluttering back to your side and clipping onto your shoulders. It was now up to you to decide how the snoozing Doduo could result in the finding of a whole nest of the fuming ostriches. As you ponder upon this, your shiny green pokedex begins beeping in your trousers, urging you unfold its clever design. To your contentment, the green-hued gizmo had provided an intricate list of statistics on the multicoloured macaw...
    Species Chatot
    Nickname Crackers
    Moves Peck, Growl, Sing,
    Sing, Fury Attack, Chatter,
    Taunt, Theif, Metronome,
    Attract, Encore, Nastyplot,
    Supersonic, Swift, Uproar,
    Twister, Mirrormove

    With no attack orders to complete, as Dana begins her designated plan, the cheerful parrot does his own thing. It isn't long before he has lulled the two Doduo into a deep sleep with a song. Eyeing the perfect opportunity to blow the bizarre ostriches to a safer location, the FlyScorpion whips up a miniature whirlwind, sending them both flying but not hindering their snooze at all.

    "That's a relief..." Zak sighed, his simple plan working as a success, "If we are going to find that egg, we are going to have to wake them up. His brain had already began to tick the instant the parrot pokémon had lulled the two into their slumber. "Crackers, Uproar!" He knew he may live to regret asking the Chatot to begin an uproar, the attack was notoriously frustrating, but he knew full well that it woke up sleeping opponents.

    "Hopefully, with the two Doduo waking up we will be able to get their assistance. Dana, send a few attractive hearts to potentially break the ice, let's just hope they're both little boys." Zak grinned at the Gligar, who nodded several times before beginning her own attack, "If they happen to give you any trouble, we don't want to hurt them, a little paralysis may be key, so thunder wave if necessary."

    Standing back, the boy examined his yellowgreen pokédex, analyzing the small but rather interesting arsenal of attacks that Crackers the Chatot possessed...
    Last edited by Pearl's Perap; 11th May 2009 at 10:59 PM.
    Subliminal rules: how to live, how to die.

    FB ~ PC ~ PASBL

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by empoleon dynamite
    Mystic Jungle
    Once homage to the Lyanazian Empire, its amazing architects have now been completely overrun by the thick foliage. No matter how many endeavours the Lyanazian’s took to return to the forest, they’d always find their huts ripped apart by the brash lianas and consumed by the forest. It’s normally a very peaceful place where grass, bug and flying Pokémon thrive but the magical temples of the old kingdom have brought upon strange occurrences to the natives passing through. Should you find yourself in the incredibly fruitful rainforest, who knows what you may encounter.

    Areas:
    Garden of Iris: Floating high above the rest of Lyanazia, the ruin is said to be homed by the mighty goddess of nature and her many Shaymin. The ground is made up entirely of clouds which magically both supports any amount of weight and can grow many beautiful flowers and trees. It is hidden from view so it is mostly untouched by man. The only way to reach it is to climb up a rainbow that stretches from the ground to the clouds.
    Throughout Tim's adventures in the glorious land of Fizzytopiea, he had encountered, and overcame many obstacles and tests of his valor. But now, Tim was ready to travel to a place where he wouldn't have to worry about constantly being terrified of what was around the corner. He was ready to travel the lush lands of the lively tribal zone, Lyanazia. Having recently heard about a garden in the sky known as the Garden of Iris, Tim thought it would be a great idea to trek through these cloudy lands, not to mention the great view it would have of the whole jungle below.

    “Hm, so if I remember correctly, to get to the Garden of Iris, I need to find the rainbow stairway…” Tim said as he walked through the jungle, searching the clouds for any sign of a rainbow. While he searched the sky, a clone of Tim followed, mimicking all of his motions perfectly. Tim began to circle around incase he happened to miss anything when he saw the mischievous imposter. “Morph, cut it out!” Tim exclaimed, with a smirk on his face, the Tim wannabe emitted a pink glow and quickly turned into a small pile of pink goo, but this wasn’t any goo, it was Tim’s adventure assistant, Morph the Ditto. “Dit! Dit! Dit, dit!” laughed the little blob as it’s trainer let out a large sigh and pinched his brow as a way to calm down. “Let’s just keep going…” Tim said as Morph oozed its way onto Tim’s shoulder. The two continued their search; looking high into the sky, then low on the floor, not a single rainbow was found. Suddenly, Tim began to see the faintest colors of a rainbow. “There it is!” Tim shouted in excitement. The two ran through the forest and quickly made their way to the rainbow stair case and began their climb to the Garden of Iris!

  20. #70
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    520

    Default

    Breezy Path

    Pearl: The two avian had worked as a team and below and behold achieved their objective. Nonetheless you had a hitch in your plan, ticking the first item from your checklist was to grow knotty as the duo of dodos endearing snuggled into a siesta. Crackers on the other hand was less than happy his beautiful serenade had evoked such slumber, boiling in frenzy as he fluttered over to you. He nuzzled his little head in your backpack, avidly searching for a marker pen to graffiti the faces of the chirpy birds. You grab a hold of the crazy bird by his metronome-shaped tail, raising an eyebrow to the odd macaw as he dangled in your grasp. You instead ask him to wakeup the duo of dodo with a rousing uproar. Sighing and fluttering forward with a slight limp and twitch, Crackers grips his talons into one of the bird’s fluffy tan noggins. He takes a elongated inhale, you and Dana promply clapping your ears for what was to be a ear-splitting Uproar...

    ON TOP OF OLD SMOKIE!
    ALL COVERED IN SNOW!
    I LOST MY OLD LOVER!
    FOR COURTING TOO SLOW!

    The two dodos wail in pain as their eardrums shatter in light of the god-awful drone. Crackers chirps enthusiastically, busily flapping his feathery wings and clipping onto your forehead. Noticing the grumpy mugs on the beady dodo’s face, Dana nervously flutters wayward and carpet-bombs the twosome with a shower of Attractive hearts. The two faces of fury are swift to change to a pleasant awe from the love-struck birds. With the two apparently male dodo well awake, Dana beats his leathery wings to meet you on your side of the cliff-face, crippling your jacket as she escorts you to the adjacent border. Folding away your green Johto-Dex, you eye up the two bubbas and kindly ask them for a tour of their nest. Completely unaware you plan to steal one of their baby siblings, the duo simultaneously bob their dangling heads and begin prancing up the steep mountainside. Quick to follow, you find yourself hastily meandering through jutted rocks and dipping crevices whilst your two comrades flutter ahead at a breakneck pace. After less than a minute of sprinting through the uneven terrain, you find Doduo and Dana come to a standstill, Crackers flailing onto his face in an attempt to stop. You peer over the vast expanse, another dip leading to a lush sanctuary of grassy terrain. Several Doduo playfully skipped to the watering hole, their beady eyes filling with glee as they gush the fresh mountain water. More to your interest, several clusters of twiggy nests littered the breeding ground, each filled to the rim with plump ostrich eggs. Not to be outdone, your in angst to notice several large Dodrio patrolling the nests with their motherly instincts on a high. Considering a way to snatch the eggs, you feel the small Doduo tug your sleeve, ushering you to play in the watering hole with it...


    Garden of Iris

    Mewsic: Wavering upon a new region of the fast Fizzy Bubbles to enter, you settle on the vast jungles of Lyanazia, bustling with exotic plants and leafy wildlife. The tropical atoll was ledged to be older than time, and as you shimmied through the towering roots and dangling liana you set your tracks on the fabled paradise where it all began. Longing to discover the mystifying garden said to be homed to an ancient goddess, you tread through the Emerald Jungle in search of its rainbow trail. Unsure on how to find the multihued path, you aimlessly get acquainted with the humid safari. You’d chosen a particularly hot day to embark upon the lush Island, fortunately the shade of the upper canopy provides you with some solace as the spurs of sunlight break up into shadowed patches on the mud-strewn floor. As you beat away the droplets of sweat from your forehead, a pink flurry of goo shapes itself on your shoulder, chirping cheerily as it shapes into various jungle Pokémon. A trio Tangela scuttle below, scurrying beneath the muddy undergrowth and kicking up dead leaves in their wake. Morph beams with curiosity, the bubba ditto transforming into the knotted shrub in hopes of joining the fun. You ensure to keep the Ditto close by however, still squinting for the glimmer of a rainbow stairwell. A few hours pass, and you suddenly start to notice odd tunics nestled upon the forest floor, coupled with debris of what appeared to be a tribal architect. You up your pace in curiosity, eager to stumble upon something other than the occasional Tangela or Yanma. Rushing past the Steelix-sized saplings and tattered pillars, you notice a vast expanse coloured with a stunning vista. A flat, tiled stretch of ruin littered ahead, adjacent to a miniature cliff edge and a gushing waterfall creating a small watering hole. Above all this multihued spurs refracted before you, an eye-striking rainbow stretching up to the fluffy clouds. Nonetheless, there was a steed guarding the gaudy trail, gently grazing on the patches of grass growing over the archaic tiles. The Pokémon leered up to you, startled to see a human in its presence. Its tan fur glimmered, white splotches budding on its bony back like something you’d never seen before. Sprouting from either side of its head were two brittle yellow antlers, the odd shaped appendages sporting a beady black dot on either side. The odd antlers evoke a strange sensation, making you tingle, grow dizzy, you find yourself having trouble keeping upright...

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Posts
    2,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Empoleon-Dynamite View Post
    Breezy Path

    Pearl: The two avian had worked as a team and below and behold achieved their objective. Nonetheless you had a hitch in your plan, ticking the first item from your checklist was to grow knotty as the duo of dodos endearing snuggled into a siesta. Crackers on the other hand was less than happy his beautiful serenade had evoked such slumber, boiling in frenzy as he fluttered over to you. He nuzzled his little head in your backpack, avidly searching for a marker pen to graffiti the faces of the chirpy birds. You grab a hold of the crazy bird by his metronome-shaped tail, raising an eyebrow to the odd macaw as he dangled in your grasp. You instead ask him to wakeup the duo of dodo with a rousing uproar. Sighing and fluttering forward with a slight limp and twitch, Crackers grips his talons into one of the bird’s fluffy tan noggins. He takes a elongated inhale, you and Dana promply clapping your ears for what was to be a ear-splitting Uproar...

    ON TOP OF OLD SMOKIE!
    ALL COVERED IN SNOW!
    I LOST MY OLD LOVER!
    FOR COURTING TOO SLOW!

    The two dodos wail in pain as their eardrums shatter in light of the god-awful drone. Crackers chirps enthusiastically, busily flapping his feathery wings and clipping onto your forehead. Noticing the grumpy mugs on the beady dodo’s face, Dana nervously flutters wayward and carpet-bombs the twosome with a shower of Attractive hearts. The two faces of fury are swift to change to a pleasant awe from the love-struck birds. With the two apparently male dodo well awake, Dana beats his leathery wings to meet you on your side of the cliff-face, crippling your jacket as she escorts you to the adjacent border. Folding away your green Johto-Dex, you eye up the two bubbas and kindly ask them for a tour of their nest. Completely unaware you plan to steal one of their baby siblings, the duo simultaneously bob their dangling heads and begin prancing up the steep mountainside. Quick to follow, you find yourself hastily meandering through jutted rocks and dipping crevices whilst your two comrades flutter ahead at a breakneck pace. After less than a minute of sprinting through the uneven terrain, you find Doduo and Dana come to a standstill, Crackers flailing onto his face in an attempt to stop. You peer over the vast expanse, another dip leading to a lush sanctuary of grassy terrain. Several Doduo playfully skipped to the watering hole, their beady eyes filling with glee as they gush the fresh mountain water. More to your interest, several clusters of twiggy nests littered the breeding ground, each filled to the rim with plump ostrich eggs. Not to be outdone, your in angst to notice several large Dodrio patrolling the nests with their motherly instincts on a high. Considering a way to snatch the eggs, you feel the small Doduo tug your sleeve, ushering you to play in the watering hole with it...
    In no time at all, the two flying types pair up once more, following Zak's orders to a tee. With the Doduo still in a deep sleep, it was Crackers' chance to do what he seemingly did best, cause a complete uproar. Singing a rather elaborate and ear-splitting song, far different to his sleep-inducing ballad from the previous round, the two ostriches leaped up, awakened in an instant. Visibly disgruntled, Dana eyed her opportunity quickly, placing his pincers to her mouth before blowing a flurry of kisses to the two. With the attack, the Doduo began swooning over the FlyScorpion at once, they would be firmly in her palm, if she had any.

    "Good job you two. Now, after those birdies!" Zak motioned towards the fact the two infatuated birds were now merrily skipping in the opposite direction. Plodding after the flightless birds, the fliers trailing behind, the boy gasped in awe. They appeared to have led the trio to a breeding ground for nothing but Doduo and their evolution, the pokémon from which Zak had to obtain an egg, Dodrio. From a distance, the trainer spotted a number of patrolling three-headed birds, each one looking a lot more hostile than their two-headed offspring. Beginning to plot, all thinking is cut short by a tug upon the boy's sleeve, one of the Doduo from before attempting to pull him to a watering hole to play.

    "I guess it wouldn't hurt having a little play..." Zak spoke in a kind manner to the playful bird. Following after the Doduo, the boy hollered to the Gligar and Chatot come close, "Fly up and scout the area, try and find a nest that hasn't got one of those powerful Dodrio on guard if you can." he hissed, pointing over to the nests before continuing after the dodo, attempting to form a friendship with the bird. A pang of guilt twanged within his very self, but he pushed it aside, one egg wouldn't hurt, he was sure...
    Subliminal rules: how to live, how to die.

    FB ~ PC ~ PASBL

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ankh-Morpork
    Posts
    2,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Empoleon-Dynamite View Post
    The Tree Forts

    Weebos: Feeling heavily fatigued and bruised, you clamber to your feet and bat any dirt off of your tattered clothes. Eying across the bamboo keep, it was apparent you weren’t the only inmate of the rabid primates. Razia sent a weak glance your way, wincing as he lifted his trim body, his talons flinching in light of the chook’s several grazes. Beside your comrade, Chimchar growled sheepishly as it stumbled in tow, the usually cheerful Aipom following the primate’s track. Coming back into focus with reality, a small light bulb flickers above your head, perhaps a scheme that could free you of the monkey’s jail. You usher closer to the downed apes, Chimchar’s flame barely glowing whilst Aipom was shifting its weight into its tail to stay upright. It’d seemed the ragtag band of Mankey had left a scar on the two, though you’d need their help if you wanted to execute a breakout. A bushfire was your plan, with Razia and Chimchar in the lead, and yourself and Aipom in the rear. A glimmer of hope flickers in each of the chimp’s eyes, Chimchar’s tail-flame swelling passionately. You make a pact, slapping your hand in the hub of the jail. Razia is first to connect, releasing a frenzied caw and smirking eagerly. The Aipom is quick to follow, placing its tail-hand above Razia’s claw and releasing a widening grin. The three of you turn to Chimchar, who still looks rather timid and wobbly. The fire-monkey pauses for a second before finishing the quartet of camaraderie!

    “Chimcha!” he declares with a weak smile. With that, both you and the purple primate usher to the rear of the stilted prison whilst Chimchar and Razia take centre stage. You grip a hold of the bamboo walls, rickety as they where, and hope for the best as the chook’s eyes grew a fiery scarlet. The duo of fire-types suddenly tilt their heads slightly, briefly inhaling before exhaling a crimson inferno of spurs at the brittle bars. The fire envelops the green bars, dyeing them a smouldering black as they crumble before you. Clambering over the spacious hole, you calmly pace about the wooden treehouse with a keen interest. The timber walls sported several markings, depicting countless skirmishes and attention-grabbing tales. You finger through the various hieroglyphics, one making itself abundant above the others. A doodle depicting several pig-nosed monkeys attacking the tribesmen was shown, appropriately smeared in red paint. But amidst the stick-figure corpses was a slender figure with defined muscles and a fiery aura. The next panel showed it stick-figure trouncing the army of Mankey, natives soon returning to the treetops. It was somewhat unusual that the tattered illustration matched the daunting situation you’d found yourself in, perhaps it was sketched soon before the chimp uprising... You continue your escape, shrewdly grappling a hold of a makeshift stepladder compiled of thick bamboo sticks and ropey vines. The outdoors looks as tranquil as before, the tropical ambiance providing a relaxing pulsation. Several Yanma zip ahead, a family of Oddish scuttling bellow. The height was still rather staggering, perched in a hut balanced upon a colossal sapling. Having a finger of the vine ladders, you notice they bear a fairly jagged texture. Whether they could support you and your comrades was anyone’s guess.

    What will you do?


    After listening to Weebos’ suggestion Aipom immediately counted itself in on the plan, however Chimchar, who served a pivotal role in the execution, was hesitant. The three conspirators with there hands together in a dramatic display of camaraderie turned to Chimchar, and awaited its decision. The fire monkey finally made his decision and placed his hand on the three others and said, “Chimcha!”

    With that the plan was underway, Aipom and Weebos moved to the rear of the cell and the two fire types got to work. The combined might of the blazing assault easily tore through the cage and the four stepped out into freedom. Weebos and company proceeded to explore the tree houses. Weebos observed markings depicting a story. Leaning in closer he saw that there appeared to be a battle between Mankey and the tribal warriors, however in the middle of the fray one figure stood out. It was a muscular figure with a fiery aura about it, it was shown to be defeating the Mankey and saving the day. Noting the parallel to the predicament he was in Weebos digested the implications of the story depicted.

    The group continued to clamber their way through the tree houses until they came upon some vine ladders. Observing them Weebos became concerned about how well they could hold any of their weight. It was planning time again. He turned to face the pokemon behind him and said, “Okay guys, heres the deal. These vine ladders are a bit shoddy, so we shouldn’t all go up at once. I propose that Aipom goes up first, being very light and incredibly dexterous I don’t think you should have a problem. Then I will go up next with Aipom’s help from about to make sure the vines can hold us, then Aipom and I can help Razia and Chimchar up, sound like a plan folks?”
    PASBL
    Fighting Gym Leader
    TYRANIDOS KICKS ARCEUS
    Statistics and squad may not be up to date.
    Trainer Level 4 - KOs:104 TP:237.5 SP:15.5 C+ Referee
    38 - 21 - 13

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In Imaginary Sin and Bliss
    Posts
    2,583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Empoleon-Dynamite View Post
    Mystic Forest

    Arc Angel: The flares grew ever closer, leaving your time scarce and a decision outstanding. Despite all instinct pointing away from the path, you had no choice but to follow it. The blazing bushfire was growing from all directions, making quick work of the treefort lumber and enveloping the path you came from. There was, no less, another alleyway. This path which was neatly trimmed by icy breath seemed to lead to a trail just as smoke ridden. You begin to cough as the thick ambiance becomes almost insufferable. Slouching your body to nip under the thick smog, you trail down the chilly path with the infant ape snuggled in your griddling arms. The three beasts promptly tailed your lead, Koffing shuddering to keep its volatile substances away from the flaring shrubbery. Reaper on the other hand remained as detached as always, tugging the fractious toad along like a ragdoll with no regard of his comfort. Upping your pace into a steady jog as you tightly meander through the thick of the undergrowth, you feel somewhat assured you can still hear the trio closely in tow. All the while, Jericho and Reaper bob through the trails of liana and buttress roots, Croagunk unable to reach his feet as he is socked by the various objects. After a breakneck escape from the daunting bonfire, you find yourself with a snoozing Aipom who’s mother you’d yet to uncover, coupled with a traiterious amphibian who could have very well lead you to your death. You stare forthwith, squinting as you find yourself before what appears to be a tattered ruin. Several Aztek-esque trinkets and brickwork litter themselves across the half-destroyed crypt, nothing but the occasional pillar remaining. Rubbing the pain off his bruised backside, the devious frog rushes to his feet and croaks you toward a small cavity nestled about the ruins before hopping into it along with the keystone spirit. Slowly mooching toward it, you perceive with keen interest a great golden sundial, shadowing a symbol of an orange sun. Other illustrations included a blue-ish raincloud, an auburn windstorm and an icy-blue torrent. Although fascinated by the relic, time was of the essence and you hesitatingly follow Reaper’s lead and plunge down the brick-strewn cavity. Despite objective to the escapade, Jericho snorts and barely squeezes through the pitch-black crevice. Screaming as you plunge through a thick of cobwebs, you soon feel the slabbed flooring beneath your feet, welcomed by a room uncannily similar to the vault in Memory Lane. The room was perfectly circular, sporting a emerald hue as the walls and floors riddled with damp moss. At the focal point of the rounded tomb sat a gaping pedestal.

    “Hellooo...” a feminine voice calmly echoes, causing shivers to tingle down your spine, “I am a wisp and the protector of these hallowed halls”. Suddenly forming before you, a slender, hourglass silhouette gently sways from the frayed platform. The undersized ghostly figure had no facial features, no fingers, no eyes, just a round pallid visage and a trailing carcass. Her dazzling white her draped in all directions, white spurs of pure light causing you to squint in its sheer brilliance. Although at a loss of pupils, you could feel she was staring you and your ragtag line-up down, almost as if she was gazing into your souls. With the wisp paying particular attention to the noxious toad, he hastily counters with an uneasy gulp as sweat droplets trickle down his bald noggin. Reaper senses this and snarls rather heatedly.

    “There’s one-hundred-and-twelve of you? Quite a turnout”, she comments before turning to the noxious amphibian, “and it’s not been long since I saw your face, purple one. Is the weather as you expected?” The three of you fall back on the sleazy toad, which whistles innocently and offhandedly averts your gaze. Reaper simply elevates his noose, the gagging shudders of the ominous frog providing him with ample amusement. Although somewhat engrossed yourself, you feel an ominous force tug your attention. Averting your gaze, your face is met by the mystifying wisp yet again.

    “What is your business here, woman?”
    With little options left to her Stacey stared down at the singular flame-free path up ahead. Reaper's Icy Wind had cooled down the surrounding vines and shrubbery yet thick black smoke filled the air, but it was becoming inevitably unavoidable. The Tree Forts were engulfed by the inferno, the now fragile timbers falling dangerously to the ground. The heat was becoming unbearable and evn though she had removed her shirt to escape it, revealing the white tank top underneath, Stacey was regretting that motion too as her bare skin screamed in protest at the nearing flames turning a faint red. Nipping under the thick smog-like smoke she began her trip down the path the baby Aipon wrapped up in her shirt in her arms protectively. Jericho quickly followed in her wake trying to keep as far away from the fire as possible not wanting to learn Explosion the painful deadly way, Reaper floating along behind him with Croagunk on its tight purple leash.

    As the path became wider Stacey broke out into a jog her lungs burning from the lack of oxygen to use for the exercise confident that her boys were following closely behind her. Soon the smog began to lift a little as they left the thick jungle into an open area of land and she breatehd a sigh of relief. Standing up to full height she rubbed a kink out of her back and looked down at the snoozing Aipom now completely unaware of the danger surrounding it, Stacey wondered where its mother had gone too? Possibly fled in the panic and forgot its child, bad parenting indeed. Taking in their new surroundings they seemed to have found themselves in a set olf old worn looking ruins and as Stacey studied the carvings on the stone and the odd trinkets strewn about she guessed Aztec in origin but couldn't be sure, this wasn't her expertise! Croagunk chose that moment to interject itself into her thoughts as it ran forward as far as its leash would allow and pointed to a cavity in amongst the ruins and the frog disappeared along with Reaper who was keeping a tight lock on it. Stacey and Jericho followed the pair noticing with interest several pictures depicted on a monument before the entrance; a sundial obsuring a the bright circle, a blue rain cloud, an autumn coloured windstorm and an icy blue torrent, like a Blizzard. She pondered on their meanings for a moment before looking down at the drop hesitantly Jericho grinning at her waggling his eyebrows in a cocky manner. She swatted him away before leaping into the hole holding back a scream as she hit the ground falling to her knees. She heard Jericho cursing up above and saw his bloated gas-filled sac self struggling to squeeze through and grinned back, that would show him for mocking her!

    Stacey took a long look around and shuddered at how familiar it looked to that vault in Memory Lane, that was not a fun experience ... stupid old hag, she wouldn't be here if it wasn't for her! Jericho eventually joined them moaning about the size of the hole he had to fit through as he looked at the room in disgust not bothering to hold back his thoughts on how gross the moss-covered walls looked. In the centre of the circular room was a singular pedestal and Stacey had a faint concern that Croagunk had brought her here as a trap, she would kill that little amphibian if that was the case.

    “Hellooo...” a feminine voice calmly spoke out and Stacey nearly jumped out of her skin by the new voice, “I am a wisp and the protector of these hallowed halls”. Whirling around she saw a silhouette of what would appear to be a woman made completely from light no facial features but almost long tendrils of white hair moving from an unown wind. She was she bright Stacey had to shield her eyes but even then she could feel her non-existant eyes boring into their souls and could almost see her staring at Croagunk who was looking rather peturbed by the spotlight.

    “There’s one-hundred-and-twelve of you? Quite a turnout”, she comments and Stacey frowns before an 'oh' of realisation forms on her face, 108 of thos were Reaper. “It’s not been long since I saw your face, purple one. Is the weather as you expected?” she addressed Croagunk everyone present turning to see what answer it would give. Croagunk averted everyone's gazes nervously but soon was left choking on his noose as Reaper grinned maniacally enjoying the pain he was causing the frog. Suddenly Stacey felt a force tug her head back round to squint at the Wisp as she addressed her: “What is your business here, woman?” it asked and Stacey felt a little nervous at the tone in its voice.

    "It's Stacey," she said not enjoying being refered to as 'woman' " there are only 4 of us here, my Spiritomb accounts for 108 of those you sensed and you should ask your 'purple friend' here about we're here, he led along to escape the large bushfire outside," she said but felt compelled to tell more, did she want her to give her full story?

    "It's a long story as to how and why we all ended up in this land, Croagunk and the fire being only the most recent, do you want to hear all this?" she asked not really getting any kind of repsonse.

    "Well," she said clearing her voice, "I travelled to a place called the Cloud Garden in another part of the world, Memory Lane in particular with another of my Pokemon. We encountered a girl first, or a possessed Misdreavus pretending to be a girl. After she was defeated an old woman revealed herself as asked us to follow her, we did merely out of curiosity since she knew about the dark entitiy possessing the ghost and lead us to a crypt and thats when Reaper my Spiritomb joined us. As we entered we came across a room similar to this and there was a well filled with dark energy. The old woman's Dusknoir became possessed and we fought him whilst she performed an exorcism managing to do so successfully. After that she promised that she would tell us more of these dark forces but instead pushed us down that well and we ended up in this jungle." Stacey grumbled at that last part. "Ermm ... well after that we nearly got trampled on by a Giratina of all things, tried to find some form of civilization wandered upon this frog who attacked us," she growled at him and he shrank back" then then fire became too dangerous to avoid and we ran ... and thats it," Stacey finished grinning sheepishly.


    ~Stace and Imp. A Perfect Pair~
    FB : PC : DT

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Empoleon-Dynamite View Post
    Garden of Iris

    Mewsic: Wavering upon a new region of the fast Fizzy Bubbles to enter, you settle on the vast jungles of Lyanazia, bustling with exotic plants and leafy wildlife. The tropical atoll was ledged to be older than time, and as you shimmied through the towering roots and dangling liana you set your tracks on the fabled paradise where it all began. Longing to discover the mystifying garden said to be homed to an ancient goddess, you tread through the Emerald Jungle in search of its rainbow trail. Unsure on how to find the multihued path, you aimlessly get acquainted with the humid safari. You’d chosen a particularly hot day to embark upon the lush Island, fortunately the shade of the upper canopy provides you with some solace as the spurs of sunlight break up into shadowed patches on the mud-strewn floor. As you beat away the droplets of sweat from your forehead, a pink flurry of goo shapes itself on your shoulder, chirping cheerily as it shapes into various jungle Pokémon. A trio Tangela scuttle below, scurrying beneath the muddy undergrowth and kicking up dead leaves in their wake. Morph beams with curiosity, the bubba ditto transforming into the knotted shrub in hopes of joining the fun. You ensure to keep the Ditto close by however, still squinting for the glimmer of a rainbow stairwell. A few hours pass, and you suddenly start to notice odd tunics nestled upon the forest floor, coupled with debris of what appeared to be a tribal architect. You up your pace in curiosity, eager to stumble upon something other than the occasional Tangela or Yanma. Rushing past the Steelix-sized saplings and tattered pillars, you notice a vast expanse coloured with a stunning vista. A flat, tiled stretch of ruin littered ahead, adjacent to a miniature cliff edge and a gushing waterfall creating a small watering hole. Above all this multihued spurs refracted before you, an eye-striking rainbow stretching up to the fluffy clouds. Nonetheless, there was a steed guarding the gaudy trail, gently grazing on the patches of grass growing over the archaic tiles. The Pokémon leered up to you, startled to see a human in its presence. Its tan fur glimmered, white splotches budding on its bony back like something you’d never seen before. Sprouting from either side of its head were two brittle yellow antlers, the odd shaped appendages sporting a beady black dot on either side. The odd antlers evoke a strange sensation, making you tingle, grow dizzy, you find yourself having trouble keeping upright...
    As the adolecent trainer, Tim, explored the jungle in the hopes of finding the entrance to the rumoured Garden of Iris, his companion, Morph the Ditto, was having fun transforming into pokemon left and right. Eventually, the pink blob settled with the form of Tangela and the two continued their search for the rainbow entrance to the Garden of Iris. After hours of walking, Tim came across some artifact fragments, "Maybe I'm close!" he thought as his eyes widened at the sight of the blocks. He began to run forward, leaving the viney Morph behind confused, but Morph soon followed its master. Just ahead layed the rainbow bridge Tim and Morph had been searching for. "Wow, this is it..." Tim said to himself as the Tangela shaped Morph bumped into Tim, not paying attention to where it was running. Tim didn't budge as he stared at awe of the rainbow while little Morph bounced off and quickly got up, mumbling in a complaining tone to Tim. Morph soon realized what Tim had been staring at and began to cheer, happy that they had finally found what they were looking for.

    Though there was something Tim hadn't noticed, just ahead, infront of the Rainbow road, was the Big Horn Pokemon, Stantler. "Oh, lets check this pokemon in my 'Dex." Tim clulessly stated, not noticing the Stantler was preparing for battle. "Stantler, the Big Horn Pokemon. Staring at its antlers creates an odd sensation as if one were being drawn into their centers."

    "Wow, that's quiet a pokemon there." Tim said cheerfully as he put his pokedex away. Suddenly, he felt a tingley sensation, making the young trainer feel dizzy. "Ugh, what's going on, I can barely stand...." Tim said as he stumbled around. "Wait, you want to battle!" Tim said as if he had made a discovery. Morph fell to the floor in suprise of its trainers thick-headedness.

    "Morph! I want you to Contrict Stantler while I check what moves you are able to use!" Tim said as he struggled to reach for his pokedex yet again.

  25. #75
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    520

    Default

    Breezy Path

    Perap: You where a man on a mission, and with the abundance of oval eggs nested in the oversized bird’s nests it would appear your mission had become much easier. Nonetheless there was a hitch in your plan, a group of motherly Dodrio taking watch on their nests, ready to risk anything in veil of saving their young. With this thorn in your side, you attempt to think up a nippy alternative, a way in which you could poach the egg undetected. You suddenly feel a tug on your sleeve, the beady-eyed Doduo prodding you to join it in the crystal-clear watering hole. Although you had important matters to deal with, a relaxing dip would be a nice change from the relentless hiking you’d come so accustom to. Eagerly in tow of the twin bubbas, you and crackers scuttle into the crater-like nesting ground whilst you throw off your upper-attire, cheerfully lunging into the mountain springs. The water cool and refreshing, crystal clear due to the high climate. Crackers caws blaringly, unhappy that his downy feathers where completely drenched. The young Doduo surround you with a piqued interest, sampling the spring-water and chirping in delight. They didn’t seem phased by you or Crackers, although one could only wonder how Dana’s mission was going. You emerge from the water, squinting across at the clustered nests... Suddenly! You notice half-a-dozen maternally fuelled Dodrio firing warning blasts of Tri-Attack to fend off the Scorpion. Whilst they where comfortable with you and the brain-dead macaw, the same couldn’t be said for Gligar who were all too renowned for snatching eggs from bird’s nests...


    The Tree Forts

    Weebos: You finger at the vine-ladder, noticing it was poorly built and had weathered considerably over the years. There was no quick way to tell if it could hold your weight, so for now you look toward the light-footed Aipom to lead the way. Although far from the strongest of chimps, the Aipom would be quick-witted enough to help you or Razia should you loose your grip. You pull on the ladder once more, eyeballing another treehut which it trailed to. The small primate beams chirpily, snatching the rope with his pawed tail before swinging upward with an impressive show of aerial acrobatics. Scuttling upward with the knotted stairwell barely breezing, Aipom jumps onto the timber platform and patiently looms back over the three of you. It was your turn. You uneasily hold either end of the vine-ladder, your hands perspiring in light of the humidity. Getting a firm grip, you rest your feet on the ladder as it creeks awkwardly, losing momentum would surely result in the brittle lianas snapping. You begin your ascent, slowly clambering as the ladder swung in either direction. You it a rule not to look at the daunting drop, the distant undergrowth nestled with Spinarak and Scorupi. A few seconds pass as you finally make it inches from the wooden platform, jumping out of your skin as one of the steps in the makeshift ladder snaps and your leg gives way. The small Aipom instantly grabs you with his handy appendage, tugging you onto the surface with a surprising show of strength. You roll back over, outstretching your hand in case Razia or Chimchar needed your help, the two fighting Pokémon making easy work of the ladder. The fiery chimp scuttles ahead, barely heavy enough to budge to stepladder. Your chook of a companion takes more time as he uses his slender wings to provide him with needed momentum. You sigh with relief upon tugging the Combusken up to the platform, upping to your feet as you look for a way about. Suddenly! A brown projectile flings through the air, slapping across the purple chimp and almost causing her to flail off of the platform like a ragdoll. You fretfully squint upon the endless layer of trees, a few Mankey screams making themselves known. Wiping the brown substance off of its face, the Aipom shows a look of disgust upon whiffing its putrid odour. The purple ape flounders its lengthy tail, toward the source of the buckshot a flurry of Swift stars blustering across the trees like shuriken blades. A sudden squeal from the unknown amount of monkey-pigs can be heard as they begin readying their faces once more...


    The Sundial

    Arc Although quite intimidated by the stunning cadaver, you pluck up the courage to respond to the will-o-wisp. Her tone was bad-mannered in your eyes, and after correcting her you continue to explain your lengthy tale in a rather sarcastic manner. The odd tale of a Victorian girl, who was in fact a lonely Misdreavus pining for her young owner who was in fact “on the other side”. It was then your story became more and more ominous, encountering an odd gypsy who led you on a stroll through the decrepit craves of Memory Lane. You met with a room, filled with a dark entity which had been budding in its caged catacomb for centuries old. Defeating its host and sending it in retreat, you where left plummeting through a realm of shadows, somehow landing in the mystical jungles of Lyanazia. A draconic diety of darkness crossed your path, no less disturbed by something you had been sent to find out... Trailing on for quite some time, you squint up at the ghostly creature that looks as pokerfaced as usual.

    “My child”, the spirit laughs in a rather sarcastic tone, “I do not care for your back-story, nor will I memorize it. I have no emotion, I feel no sympathy for you. I left my host millennia ago, I don’t remember much about my mortal life... My sole purpose is to protect an archaic sundial, its mystical powers capable of changing climates...” She gives you a moment to muse over this thought, her faceless complexion as mystifying as ever. Her body flowed with pulses of light, the white spurs pulsing off into her elongated tendrils. She then turns to you and Reaper, Jericho, Croagunk and Aipom, who was still snoozing in your arms. Her next sentence echoed above all others, as if pumping from the hallowed walls around you rather than from the white spirit.

    “If you wish to create Sun, Rain, Hail or Sandstorm, play a game with me child. Although you must choose one aid with the power to tackle the weather...” she echoes clairvoyantly...

    This is just a short puzzle, meaning once it begins you’ll only be required to type up a line of orders


    Garden of Iris

    Mewsic: Whilst struggling against the mind-control of the alluring antlers, you fiddle about your backpack for your nifty Pokémon Encyclopaedia. You raise it to your eye line, the dex’s light begins flickering wildly as it recognises the mighty stag as Stantler. You feel knees becoming ever more wobbly, averting your gaze from the mystifying horns and focusing on Morph instead. You feel the best way to reach to colourful trail would be to wrestle with the reindeer Pokémon, perhaps that’s why it was there in the first place. You usher an attack to the knotted shrub, one universal to all Tangela whilst you scanned for Morph’s additional moves. The ditto nods, his beady eyes blinking before jigging toward the intimidating Stantler. He instantly unravels his knotty tendrils, the bluish vines looping around the stag’s slender legs before Constricting their hold. The reindeer neighs in shock, throttling rearward as Morph is trailed around with it! The Stantler stomps at the ground furiously, the shrubby Tangela falling on his backside and loosing his grip. The deer continues to stomp the ground, galloping en route to Morph and ramming him with an unruly tackle. Ditto snivels slightly as he hops back onto his red sneakers. Just in time, your Pokedex begins beeping once more, the high-tech device fully installing Morph’s moves.
    Species Ditto
    Nickname Morph
    Moves Transform, Ingrain,
    Sleep Powder, Absorb, Growth,
    Poison Powder, Vine Whip, Bind,
    Mega Drain, Stun Spore,
    Knock Off, Natural Gift, Slam,
    Tickle, Constrict, Ancient Power


Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •