Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Laguna Peninsula's Recorded History

Quote Originally Posted by fishyfool View Post
    Blitz River: The Hidden Laboratory.

Firewater: Focusing on the puzzle and danger at hand, your mind nevertheless examines the screen as you input the commands, before returning to the book at matter. Upon further reading, you are somewhat disappointed to realise that the book’s remaining pages seem blank, before a dull creak from above causes your heart to miss a beat as the heavy chandeliers suddenly make a move, fortunately in the opposite direction than you would have thought as they rise back onto the ceiling. Looking back at the screen, you are pleased to see that there are five green terminals active and your activator at the opposite end of the maze, a job well done as the maze fades suddenly, the computer’s voice pinging into your head once more.

Guest activation code affirmative. Access granted.

Looking around the library once more, you are somewhat disheartened to notice any more plinths, yet Steam’s gaze at the screen diverts your attention to the three folders, each one as enigmatically titled as the first. Opening them in order, you read the information, which seems much like the book’s single entry in that it appears to be a blog of some kind.

Day 381.

Those fools who would dare mock my genetic research! Why, when news of Project Mew came around to the press, they gobbled the information up like Gulpin to a garbage truck! No matter, for the process of Pokémon evolution has served me well, for Prince is no longer the mighty Staravia he once was. Now, this mighty avian shall give me what I need for my examinations, and then the world shall know my name.”

Day 431.

The metallic Pokémon’s genes for carapace construction have been awakened. Under regular circumstances, this would only be activated on the natural instinct of the Lairon family’s utilisation of Iron Defense, whereby which the species forms a full iron carapace over their existing exoskeleton. This revelation means that the Emperor now has a ward against heavy physical attacks should a foe ever attempt to use any, and above all else, the main protoform engine has been completed. It is only a matter of time before the Emperor rises and claims his kingdom from the inferiors.”

Pondering the contents of the two previous folders, you find with surprise that the third folder was merely created ten minutes ago, and without hesitation open the contents, Steam letting off more smoke in excitement.

Day 475.

Prince has obtained the final piece of the puzzle earlier, whereby pitiful resistance was offered by a mere human and his own maggots of servitude. Without further warning, unfortunately, a greater threat came around, but was eluded swiftly, Prince’s skill at evasion advanced with his own skillset. Now, with the possession of a human conscience, the Emperor’s birth is nigh! The Protoform Engine shall have its first test, the creation of the Emperor. Eye of the hawk, armour of the tyrant, ferocity of the serpent and pride of the wolf, combined with the innocent mind of a human...the Emperor’s reign will begin with the elimination of those who would dare laugh at my ideals!”

With the closing of the last folder, the computer suddenly shuts itself down before you can do anything, and as you hear a very loud crash from behind you, Steam gives a cry of horror as the chandeliers from the back of the room start falling to the ground in waves, the ground itself splintering and breaking upon impact! Without warning, however, a bookcase on a wall sinks to the ground revealing a passage way that you and Steam make a dash for narrowly avoiding certain death as the chandeliers turn the library into a mess any librarian would have a fit over. Pausing for breath, you follow the path before you to find yourself at a large room, akin to the one you split with Martin, before noticing the other door open and the bounty hunter to head through, his Electivire sporting a few bruises as it hauls an unconscious Metang through the door.

“I take that you had an equally life-threatening situation before you, David?” he quizzes you, before awaiting a reply. From what the computer’s data banks had before it was destroyed, you are in possession of a wealth of knowledge, and much of it needs discussion with the hunter before you.

-=-=-
    Things seemed strange at first, as David Michael grins at the fact that the terminals were finished, and the chandeliers were slowly rising up to the celing again, but as he searched around for more things of interest in the library, he was dissapointed to find that no such things exsisted in the room. However, the forgotten Steam had cried out, and David Michael read the screen, and the three different entries that had been placed into the screen. Quickly reading the entries out loud, David Michael quickly scans through the first two, quickly burning the articles into his mind as he reads them aloud one last time...

Day 381.

Those fools who would dare mock my genetic research! Why, when news of Project Mew came around to the press, they gobbled the information up like Gulpin to a garbage truck! No matter, for the process of Pokémon evolution has served me well, for Prince is no longer the mighty Staravia he once was. Now, this mighty avian shall give me what I need for my examinations, and then the world shall know my name.”

Day 431.

The metallic Pokémon’s genes for carapace construction have been awakened. Under regular circumstances, this would only be activated on the natural instinct of the Lairon family’s utilisation of Iron Defense, whereby which the species forms a full iron carapace over their existing exoskeleton. This revelation means that the Emperor now has a ward against heavy physical attacks should a foe ever attempt to use any, and above all else, the main protoform engine has been completed. It is only a matter of time before the Emperor rises and claims his kingdom from the inferiors.”

afterwards, he notices that there was a third folder, made just ten minutes earlier, and he quickly reads through it.

Day 475.

Prince has obtained the final piece of the puzzle earlier, whereby pitiful resistance was offered by a mere human and his own maggots of servitude. Without further warning, unfortunately, a greater threat came around, but was eluded swiftly, Prince’s skill at evasion advanced with his own skillset. Now, with the possession of a human conscience, the Emperor’s birth is nigh! The Protoform Engine shall have its first test, the creation of the Emperor. Eye of the hawk, armour of the tyrant, ferocity of the serpent and pride of the wolf, combined with the innocent mind of a human...the Emperor’s reign will begin with the elimination of those who would dare laugh at my ideals!”

and his mind stops as he realizes what the words mean. However, as he goes to read the file again, a screech of terror from Steam stops him, and as the computer shuts down, the chandeliers begin to fall once again, and David Michael quickly returns his fire type as he dives into a strange opening that had opened from the bookcase, and as he dashes through the path, he runs into a massive room and hears a monstrous crash, and quickly turns to find Martin walking out of the other room, with his Electvire dragging an unconcious Metang behind it.

“I take that you had an equally life-threatening situation before you, David?”

Taking a deep breath, David Michael simply responds.

"yeah... and this guy we are chasing is a real psychopath, and I think that kid's in a lot more trouble than we thought..."

David Michael quickly tells Martin the information that he had just discovered, and waits to see just what Martin's reaction would be to the horrific things that the psychopath had planned to do with this experiment and the little girl...

Spacial Hill: The Statue.

Stark: Embracing the outdoors as much as Riolu, the two of you gaze up at the crest of the hill before you, the statue atop casting an impressive sight as you smile towards the Emanation pokemon, the two of you making a brisk jog towards the statue. After a couple of minutes you find a path at the foot of the hill, which upon a second observation is much taller than first anticipated, reaching a couple hundred metres into the sky and with the natural agility known for their species, Riolu starts to dash up the path with you following behind. Roughly halfway up, the jackal stops at a small stone plaque inscribed with odd symbols, squinting at the shapes as do you, trying to make out what the weathered scripture says. After a minute of fruitless study, you opt to merely continue up the hill.

After ten minutes of climbing, you reach the crest at last, panting at the climb which was harder than you would have thought. Taking a minute for a breather, you head for the statue while admiring the impressive view, the Surge Dam standing strong against the tides while to the west lay a darker wasteland, the frequent lashings of silvery lightning wracking the ground giving you thoughts as to life on the Thunder Plains, while further to the east, Seaside City offers a great contrast, the city itself appearing to be at peace. A tap behind you from Riolu, however, diverts your attention to the reason you came here: The statue of Palkia, the Spacial Pokemon, standing strong against the tides of time and space, the construction itself giving an intimidating aura around it as you feel rather insignificant compared to the work put into it by unknown peoples, the very ground itself seeming to moan from the support it holds for this magnificent ornament.

"...Ouuu...Ouuuuugh..."

Your heart suddenly starts racing as your ears pick up the definitive sound of something in pain nearby, but looking around you quickly you fail to notice anything out of the ordinary. Taking a tentative look down the hill in case someone fell down the landmark, you become more concerned upon noticing nothing, save for a few Pidgey pecking around the grasses for bugs. The voice moans once more as you realise that it seems to have came from behind the statue, and as you and Riolu run round you find yourselves looking at what seems to be a large armoured beast, its steel plates cracked and stony body equally fractured, and as it looks up at you fro the ground, both of you are as surprised to hear the injured Aggron take a sudden backpedal a few feet before stopping in pain. What startles you the most, however, is what comes out the mouth of the Iron Armour pokemon.

"H-Human!?"

What will you do?
    Stark was tired. He didn't realize just how out of shape he really was until he tried to keep up with his young and rather enthusiastic Riolu. Not that it mattered. The pain in his side from the exercise told him he probably should try to get a little more exercise once in a while. At least he got a short rest by that weird stone with the markings on it. Not that it was of much comfort seeing as how much more mountain there was to climb so to speak. Still the view for the top was amazing. The Thunder Plains. The Dam. Seaside City. It was like being on top of the world. He wondered if this was what it would be like being a god. Sitting on top of the world looking down at everyone and everything. Knowing that somewhere down there people and pokémon were living their lives. Feeling happiness, sadness, anger, success, strife, sacrifice and everything else that makes life worth struggling through. It all seemed so far away from here.

Stark looked up at the enormous statue of Palkia. The legend was impressive. He had seen legendary pokémon before, but neither Darkrai nor Cresselia had the sheer impressiveness this monument portrayed. The engineering feat needed to build such a thing must have been incredible. It made him curious as to who built it and how long it actually took to do so. It occurred to him that he really was a rather small part of very large world.

"...Ouuu...Ouuuuugh..."

Stark's eyes flashed as his head turned sharply looking for the source of the low moan. Riolu must have picked up the noise as well based upon his perked ears. Then again, Riolu's hearing was far better than Stark's could ever have hoped to be. Chances were the little fighter had noticed the sound while his trainer was daydreaming. The sound increased and Stark couldn't help to think that it almost sounded like someone, or something, was in pain. His eyes darted back down the hill the way they had arrived. Maybe someone had hurt themselves during the climb? However, all he saw was a few pidgey searching for food. Normally, such a sight would have reminded him that he should let his own pidgey out for a little hunting and gathering, but the moaning had his full attention right now.

"...Ouuu...Ouuuuugh..."

The sound continued to increase and Stark could feel a chill in his spine. Something was wrong, but he wasn't sure just what it was. His mix of emotions confusing him. Fear, concern, curiosity. They blended together like ingredients for a pokéblock causing him to head toward what he perceived to be the source of the sound. The other side of the statue. "Riolu. Come on," he stated seriously to his partner who in turn nodded and followed the trainer around the massive stone base only to come face to face with a large armored creature. Stark stopped in his tracks. The Aggron looked like it had barely survived a barrage of the worst kind. Kindness overtook the trainer as he looked upon the battered and weak pokémon. What could have done this? Is it going to be alright? These questions and more raced through his mind only to be interrupted by something completely unexpected.

"H-Human!?"

"You... you can speak," Stark stated the obvious with wide eyes. He had heard of pokémon with the ability to speak, but he had never met one. Not one that didn't do it through psychic means at least. To say he was shocked would be understatement. For a moment he stood there staring at the incredible creature in front of him in awe. A pokémon like this was rare and to meet one like this a once in a lifetime event. He knew in that moment what he had to do. He had to help it. In whatever way he could. If it ended up being an enemy down the road, he would cross that bridge when he came to it. If it became an ally, a friend then he would find that maybe just maybe the world is as good of a place as he believed it to be.

"You need help," Stark said calmly as he slowly approached Aggron. He held his hand out in front of him as he neared, being careful not to make any sudden moves, "Tell me what happened to you. Maybe I can do something. Maybe I can even help you recover from your injuries. I'm sure I have something in my pack somewhere."

Firewater: With the previous incidents before you, and the sudden grim realisation of the danger the girl is in, you find yourself slightly relieved inside to see Martin and the battered but battle hardened Electivire before you as you give your spin of the recordings you found in the library, to which the hunter's eyebrows rise slightly before furrowing once more as you finish. Holding his head in contemplation, he mumbles to himself as he uses his free hand to poke around at several buttons on a wall beside a door, before giving a grunt as his electric type hefts the reluctant yet choiceless Metang up against the door, the steel type giving a huffy buzz as it is tossed aside gently upon the door before you opening. Turning towards you, Martin beckons you through the doorway, Thunderbolt in tow. Heading through the opened door, you find yourself in what seems to be an elevator shaft, as the lift creaks before descending.

"It seems illogical to me, David, but from what I see here Bluheim's research isn't based around actually improving pokemon, but rather the adaptation of their best points, much like how a trainer would use a fire type against a grass pokemon or bug against dark. In any situation, it seems like we may be up against some pretty powerful creatures, so you're best to prepare yourself for whatever we may face."

A sudden jolt and a large door before you, and with a heft, the Electivire pulls the doors open allowing you and Martin to enter, the hunter brandishing a small pistol he had holstered in a hidden location as you realise that he means business, and as you head towards the lighter segment of the room, a sudden flash around you causes you momentary blindness before your eyes adapt to the room and the sights within. A chorus of angered roars and hissing detracts your attention to a trio of pokemon in seperate glass tanks, the Seviper, Lairon and Luxray matching the descriptions of the pokemon Bluheim had managed to capture.

"Frederick Bluheim. Under the legisla-"

Before Martin can finish, a swift strike from a sudden object knocks the gun out his hand as he is knocked to the floor, his arm slightly bent from the impact, and as you look around a surprisingly strong intermittent blast of wind causes you to lock eyes with a familiar avian figure, Bluheim's apparant Prince landing majestically before you as your heart beats faster, yet this time you feel somewhat prepared, especially once Prince gives a pained wince as you reckon that the genetics seem to be interfering with it. Regardless, you have some payback for earlier, and with Martin out for the count, it seems it's down to you to destroy the experiment before it truly begins...

-=-=-

Spacial Hill: The Peak.

Stark: As your heart speaks out for your stalling before the injured Aggron, your mind overcomes your senses as your ears pick up the very words blurted by the monster, and as you stare at it, Riolu doing the same, you disregard your own safety as you realise that in spite of its ability to talk, the pokemon is injured and that's all that really matters. However, you are suddenly pulled back by Riolu around the statue, the emanation pokemon's eyes wide as your view of the Aggron goes from injured grey to brilliantly glowing grey, then a close up of Palkia's toes before a sound like glass smashing fills your ears as you clutch your head in pain from the shrill cacophonics. Looking back round, you are further alarmed to notice that the Aggron's cracks seem to have closed up somewhat, and the littering of the hilltop with small fragments of metal.

"M...metal burst...it can have abrupt me...medical advantages at times..." the beast grunts as it shakes its head roughly before standing to full height, and looking towards you almost as curious as you looked at him. After a full minute's stare-off, the Iron Armour pokemon glances around the hilltop, at the view around him, before aggravatingly stomping the ground, the very earth trembling.

"GRAAAAAAHH! I ALMOST HAD HIM!"

Heaving with anger, you open your mouth to inquire before the steel type rubs his head once more, staring at the sky as he does so.

"...your concern is for naught, human. I'm well enough, I had just underestimated that wretched Weavile's dirty underhand tactics." Grunting, the Aggron lurches past you, seemingly examining the statue and as you question whether the armoured rhino is referring to a certain Weavile or the species in general, a somewhat more jovial grunt is heard from his direction as you notice him reading a plaque at the statue plinth you failed to notice, the same odd inscription on the plaque as the stone further down and yet here was the Aggron, reading it to himself as though it were but a casual newspaper article. Leaning in for a closer look, you are bowled over by a casual lazy backhand swipe from the Aggron, an act which angers Riolu as he starts bickering at the beast, and as you find your bearings once more, you find the fighter and armoured beast staring off before Aggron breaks vision, with a dejected sigh.

"You humans and your incompetence at understanding simple footprint runes...the plaque seems to say stuff as to how Palkia, which I assume is the statue, is the essence of space itself, and dimensions and stuff, blahdeblah, some more stuff about blessings of Palkia and lunar phases, blahdeblah, and some other crap about the whole destiny and balance between it and something like Dialga. Pretty standard crap that's on most statues, yet this lunar thing seems to intrigue me a little. If I somehow found myself on foreign soil, then perhaps there's a way off here. If only I had a little clue or something..."

Listening to his words with increasing irritation at his attitude, your attention is diverted to the sound of flapping wings, but unlike other wings, these seem more attenuated towards insects rather than birds. Looking around you, a Butterfree, Beautifly, Venomoth and Mothim flitter around the hilltop rather casually, while it seems odd that the bugs seem to be here for a start, considering the high altitude. A second look reveals each one sports an odd white spot on their chest, surrounded by a trio of blue spots, as a loud noise derails your train of thought.

"GET DOWN!"

Instinctively diving, you narrowly avoid a green ball of energy about the size of your fist from the Butterfree that had found its way behind you, and as you gaze around you notice the insects seem to be targeting the Aggron in a four-on-one battle that could hardly be classed as fair, the Venomoth firing a psybeam as the partner moth slashes a blade of air towards him, the steel monster grunting as both moves strike him, and as you look around you notice the four seem to be aiming towards him rather than you.

"Don't concern yourself with my plight, human! For your own safety!"

What will you do?

Firewater: With the previous incidents before you, and the sudden grim realisation of the danger the girl is in, you find yourself slightly relieved inside to see Martin and the battered but battle hardened Electivire before you as you give your spin of the recordings you found in the library, to which the hunter's eyebrows rise slightly before furrowing once more as you finish. Holding his head in contemplation, he mumbles to himself as he uses his free hand to poke around at several buttons on a wall beside a door, before giving a grunt as his electric type hefts the reluctant yet choiceless Metang up against the door, the steel type giving a huffy buzz as it is tossed aside gently upon the door before you opening. Turning towards you, Martin beckons you through the doorway, Thunderbolt in tow. Heading through the opened door, you find yourself in what seems to be an elevator shaft, as the lift creaks before descending.

"It seems illogical to me, David, but from what I see here Bluheim's research isn't based around actually improving pokemon, but rather the adaptation of their best points, much like how a trainer would use a fire type against a grass pokemon or bug against dark. In any situation, it seems like we may be up against some pretty powerful creatures, so you're best to prepare yourself for whatever we may face."

A sudden jolt and a large door before you, and with a heft, the Electivire pulls the doors open allowing you and Martin to enter, the hunter brandishing a small pistol he had holstered in a hidden location as you realise that he means business, and as you head towards the lighter segment of the room, a sudden flash around you causes you momentary blindness before your eyes adapt to the room and the sights within. A chorus of angered roars and hissing detracts your attention to a trio of pokemon in seperate glass tanks, the Seviper, Lairon and Luxray matching the descriptions of the pokemon Bluheim had managed to capture.

Before Martin can finish, a swift strike from a sudden object knocks the gun out his hand as he is knocked to the floor, his arm slightly bent from the impact, and as you look around a surprisingly strong intermittent blast of wind causes you to lock eyes with a familiar avian figure, Bluheim's apparant Prince landing majestically before you as your heart beats faster, yet this time you feel somewhat prepared, especially once Prince gives a pained wince as you reckon that the genetics seem to be interfering with it. Regardless, you have some payback for earlier, and with Martin out for the count, it seems it's down to you to destroy the experiment before it truly begins...

-=-=-
    David Michael had never been so relieved, if not confused from what Martin and his Electvire were doing with the Metang that they had "captured". Regardless, soon after the release of the Metang, and the opening of the door had made things much easier to comprehend, as Martin, Electivire and David Michael were traveling down the elevator, Martin begins to state his first words on the situation David Michael had named...

However, before David Michael could respond, the fact of the matter was that the room they were in ground to a halt, and as Electvire pried the doors open, David Michael could only grimace, noting the pistol in Martin's hand. However, the light was a bit bright as the doors opened, but as the group gets a better look, they hear the angry growls of the Seviper, Larion and Luxray that were trapped in large glass tube in the room. As David Michael plucks three pokeballs from his belt, he suddenly hears Martin shout

then everything went crazy. As the pistol flies from Martin's grasp, his arm bends somewhat, and a powerful gust of wind flies through the area, as David Michael grimaces, only to lock eyes with the massive behemoth that was Prince. Knowing what was going to happen, David Michael plucks open the three pokeballs, and as Dart, Paradise and Machamp appeared, he quickly pulls a Leaf Stone, and gives a few orders to the trio.

"Alright, here's the plan guys, and girl- the idea is that I'm thinking that those pokemon may want to be set free or something, so here's what we'll do. Machamp- you and Paradise will go over to those tubes, and talk to those pokemon, I'll leave it to you if you think that we can trust them to help us, but if they or Prince give you any trouble, don't be afraid to smack them with a Psychic from you Paradise, or a strong Dynamicpunch, Machamp- of course, as many times as necessary. However, Paradise, I think that this is the best time for you to gain a power boost, because for all we know we may be over our heads, regardless, you'll do great as an Exeggutor."

As he places the Leaf Stone on Paradise's head, David Michael turns to Dart.

"Well old friend, the thing is... that you're up first. I mean, you get first licks at Prince, or the Staraptor from last time, but you are clearly the better match for him, and that's why I'm sure you'll do fine. Either way, since it's a fight he wants, and he looks like he's in pain- so talk to him a bit to see if we can do this peacefully, but if he attacks you or anyone else, don't let up- counter with a Wing Attack, following with a close range Headbutt, and wrapping up with a Close Combat. However, if you need to get some distance, knock him back with a quick Air Cutter instead.

With those orders taken care of, David Michael quickly turns to Martin, to see if the bounty hunter was alright...

Stark: As your heart speaks out for your stalling before the injured Aggron, your mind overcomes your senses as your ears pick up the very words blurted by the monster, and as you stare at it, Riolu doing the same, you disregard your own safety as you realise that in spite of its ability to talk, the pokemon is injured and that's all that really matters. However, you are suddenly pulled back by Riolu around the statue, the emanation pokemon's eyes wide as your view of the Aggron goes from injured grey to brilliantly glowing grey, then a close up of Palkia's toes before a sound like glass smashing fills your ears as you clutch your head in pain from the shrill cacophonics. Looking back round, you are further alarmed to notice that the Aggron's cracks seem to have closed up somewhat, and the littering of the hilltop with small fragments of metal.

"M...metal burst...it can have abrupt me...medical advantages at times..." the beast grunts as it shakes its head roughly before standing to full height, and looking towards you almost as curious as you looked at him. After a full minute's stare-off, the Iron Armour pokemon glances around the hilltop, at the view around him, before aggravatingly stomping the ground, the very earth trembling.

"GRAAAAAAHH! I ALMOST HAD HIM!"

Heaving with anger, you open your mouth to inquire before the steel type rubs his head once more, staring at the sky as he does so.

"...your concern is for naught, human. I'm well enough, I had just underestimated that wretched Weavile's dirty underhand tactics." Grunting, the Aggron lurches past you, seemingly examining the statue and as you question whether the armoured rhino is referring to a certain Weavile or the species in general, a somewhat more jovial grunt is heard from his direction as you notice him reading a plaque at the statue plinth you failed to notice, the same odd inscription on the plaque as the stone further down and yet here was the Aggron, reading it to himself as though it were but a casual newspaper article. Leaning in for a closer look, you are bowled over by a casual lazy backhand swipe from the Aggron, an act which angers Riolu as he starts bickering at the beast, and as you find your bearings once more, you find the fighter and armoured beast staring off before Aggron breaks vision, with a dejected sigh.

"You humans and your incompetence at understanding simple footprint runes...the plaque seems to say stuff as to how Palkia, which I assume is the statue, is the essence of space itself, and dimensions and stuff, blahdeblah, some more stuff about blessings of Palkia and lunar phases, blahdeblah, and some other crap about the whole destiny and balance between it and something like Dialga. Pretty standard crap that's on most statues, yet this lunar thing seems to intrigue me a little. If I somehow found myself on foreign soil, then perhaps there's a way off here. If only I had a little clue or something..."

Listening to his words with increasing irritation at his attitude, your attention is diverted to the sound of flapping wings, but unlike other wings, these seem more attenuated towards insects rather than birds. Looking around you, a Butterfree, Beautifly, Venomoth and Mothim flitter around the hilltop rather casually, while it seems odd that the bugs seem to be here for a start, considering the high altitude. A second look reveals each one sports an odd white spot on their chest, surrounded by a trio of blue spots, as a loud noise derails your train of thought.

"GET DOWN!"

Instinctively diving, you narrowly avoid a green ball of energy about the size of your fist from the Butterfree that had found its way behind you, and as you gaze around you notice the insects seem to be targeting the Aggron in a four-on-one battle that could hardly be classed as fair, the Venomoth firing a psybeam as the partner moth slashes a blade of air towards him, the steel monster grunting as both moves strike him, and as you look around you notice the four seem to be aiming towards him rather than you.

"Don't concern yourself with my plight, human! For your own safety!"

What will you do?
    "Not likely big guy," Stark shouted back as his hands reached down and grabbed a pair of pokéballs from his belt. His concern for the Aggron not being the motivation for his actions. Rather he was curious. Curious to know why the Aggron was under constant attack. Curious to know just what he meant by his comment about foreign soil. Curious to know just what this pokémon's attitude problem was. Besides the creature did warn him about the oncoming attack and tried to protect his retreat. The trainer looked down to his brave Riolu and smiled, "I want you to stay near me pal. You're going to have to be my extra set of eyes in case those bugs turn their attention toward us."

With a flourish of arm motion he threw the pair of pokéballs skyward to release a pair of birds. Taillow and Spearow hovered above him. "This ought to even the odds a little," he commented to himself as he surveyed the scene to look for the best course of action, "Alright guys, no time for the usual hey how ya doings. We'll have to save those for later. For now I want you both to Quick Attack those bugs. Taillow go after the Butterfree. Spearow, go after the Venomoth. That should draw their attention away from Aggron. Onec you've done that, Taillow use a Wing Attack on Butterfree. Spearow Use your Aerial Ace on Venomoth."

For a second he thought about telling them to aim for the odd markings on the bug pokémon, but decided they would do what they could regardless of what he told them. That was the thing about his partners. They didn't need micromanaging. The markings on the other hand were a little troublesome. It wasn't difficult to conclude that the pokémon were all together perhaps as part of a team or group. Unfortunately, he didn't recognize who they could have belonged to. If he could, maybe there would have been a way to avoid this needless battle. Then again it might be good to get his partners some on the job training. As long as they didn't get their clocks cleaned. Sure his team had the type advantages, but there was still the little matter of the bugs powerful attacks making him wonder just how strong these insects were. His eyes narrowed toward the skies and then turned to Aggron whom he asked, "I take it these aren't friends of yours. So, mind telling me who they are?"

Firewater: The situation change from preparation for battle to confrontation had been swift, yet you were ready as your three pokemon appear before you, Dart turning his attention towards the other Staraptor while Machamp gives a glare at the bird, his initial encounter with it ending disastrously, but at your call him and Paradise divert their attention to you as you relay the plan. Giving a nod, Dart takes a flight towards Prince, attempting to use diplomacy for the bird while Machamp makes his way to Luxray's prison, but as you take the stone from your pocket and hold it to your Exeggcute, the grass pokemon looks up at you with some apprehension, but this is mitigated as the six heads glow from the botanic power, combining into a large growth spurt as the Egg pokemon becomes more of a tree than eggs, and as the glow dissipates the Exeggutor before you gives a grin from all six elevated heads, the sudden increased vision to her joy.

However, a primal screech ruins the moment as Prince gives a snarl towards Dart, diving at him with murderous intent, before meeting Dart's large wing face first, the biologically enhanced bird being taken by surprise, when you notice that even after evolving, Dart remains a few inches smaller than Prince. Focusing on the downed Martin, you find him to be dazed, and as he rises from the floor, he gives a small hiss as he holds his arm in some pain.

"Rrgh...my arm isn't broke, but it's still pretty sore."

A pair of caws causes the two of you to gaze at the battle before you, Prince lunging with a wing attack of his own at Dart, buffeting the allied Staraptor as he takes a few steps back before going airborne, diving with a headbutt at Prince, the foe dodging with unnatural speed as it screeches in anger. Looking back at the tubes you find the attempts at communication falling on deaf ears. In some irritation, Machamp thrusts his fist at the tube, only for a sudden static jolt from the tube to shock him, the fighter withdrawing in some pain from Luxray's tube, Paradise holding back as you realise the tubes must have been designed to prevent damage from outside or inside. Back with Dart and Prince, you find the two duelling in close combat in the sky, talons and wings flailing at each other, until a heavy kick knocks Prince hurtling into the ground with a crunch, the opposing Staraptor giving a soft chirp of pain as it suddenly convulses in great pain, and as Martin gets to his feet you hear sudden applause from nearby. Turning, you find a rather bedraggled man with hair pretty much everywhere twitching as he claps to your team, and it doesn't take too long to figure out that this must be Bluheim, the man you've been seeking the whole time.

"I must commend your efforts to get here, strangers! However, your efforts are, shall we say, fruitless."

"As I was before I was interrupted by your little science project, Frederick Bluheim. Under the legislation of the Pokemon Genetics and Research Act of Two thousand and six, you are under arrest for the illegal splicing of Pokemon DNA and Theft for nefarious purposes," the bounty hunter barks in a manner akin to an army commander to his men, but the laughing from the mad scientist as he pulls out an odd remote only serves to enrage the man further.

"Oh, you fail to understand, stranger. This is no ordinary research, this is the next generation of Pokemon! A generation where the weaknesses of some are replaced with the strengths of others! A generation befitting an emperor!" Chuckling with mirth, Bluheim twiddles with the remote as the convulsing raptor stops shaking around, before taking unnatural flight against its will to Prince's high pitched vocal disapproval to a strange chamber atop a machine before slamming down onto it, the bird's screeching no longer that of anger, but of fear and hopelessness as a fourth glass tube shunts up around it, offering no escape for him. As Bluheim tosses the remote aside, the device breaking upon contact with the ground, Martin makes for his pistol as the criminal cackles once more, his voice grating on your nerves as Paradise voices her disapproval with a burst of psychic energy to slam the scientist into a computer, the heavy clang making you think he's been stunned.

To your annoyance, however, Bluheim rises, giving a maniacal laugh before pulling a large lever just as a loud crack fills the air, Martin lowering the smoking pistol with a curse word as you notice the bullet has hit a pipe instead of Bluheim, who stands before a large chamber of some sort, and as the machine crackles to life, you can only stare in horror as the pokemon in the tubes give screams of agony, the formes of the four being wrapped in electricity of some sort as they glow with energy not unlike that which Paradise had recently experienced, but the most harrowing is that of something unmistakably human from the large white chamber behind Bluheim.

"Damn! Too late!"

Visibly trembling, Martin tosses his gun aside as he recalls his Electivire, and as you hold your ears against the cacophony of torment the sound stops suddenly, to Bluheim's insane laughter.

"HAHAhaHA!!! The age of the weak is at an end! Long live THE EMPEROR!" Raising his arms above his head in triumph, your realisation that you've failed in your quest is put aside by a growl from within the higher chamber, and as a hiss from the doors opening mocks your inability to defeat science, a vicious roar unlike any you've heard before resonates around the room, the smoke blocking your view of the contents of the chamber as Bluheim jeers at you and your trio.

"You see! They said it can't be done, but I have proven them wrong! The new age is upon us! This marvel of technol-AAAARGH!"

Looking up at the source of the sudden scream, your stomach takes a nasty turn as you find a pair of brutal claws impaling Bluheim before pulling him into the mist, and you can only turn away and hold your ears as his screams are swiftly silenced and replaced with a squelchy tearing sound and brutal crunching which you feel sick to imagine, and one look at Martin's face, drained of colour and in great shock is all you need to know as he gives a single murmur.

"...By the crown of Ho-oh..."

A terrifying roar and a large clambering sound forces you to look at where the chamber was, and you wish you hadn't as you find the inside soaked with blood, deep gouges in the floor of the chamber where claws would have been slashing at, and as you follow the heavy clanging to its source, you find yourself staring down what could only be a horror movie made real. While in standard ideals most would have put it down to a rather large Lairon, the beast before you is much more twisted, and as you try and look away, you find yourself morbidly staring at the monster before you, as all eight of its eyes glare back at you. Arms built like a Lairon, but with claws closer to the tail of a Seviper than anything else, dripping with venom, and legs like that of a Luxray, only with the talons of a Staraptor, and with a pair of metallic wings attached to a large feathered body, the tail flicks round to show the frontmost couple of yards of a Seviper, complete with voracious head as it hisses, but looking up you find the heads of Staraptor, Luxray and Lairon protruding surrealy from the body, all three in a state of twisted hatred, caked with fresh blood and eyeing you up as though you were a chew toy. Taking a quick glance back at Martin, you find him rooted to the spot in petrification, his body trembling as you realise that while he may have seen many nasty pokemon, a mutated chimera is something completely alien to him, and as the creature you assume to be the Emperor the deceased Bluheim bragged about gives another terrible roar, you think you feel some sorrow in its voice, but this is pushed aside as it makes gradual headway towards you with intent to kill, as you realise you're in for one mother of a battle...

-=-=-

Stark: An Aggron who can speak the human language. A quartet of insects attacking him. A warning not to get involved heartily ignored by you as you release your Taillow and Spearow from their confines. Who these bugs were mattered slightly to you, but your main concern was evening a four on one showdown to the singular's advantage, as well as the overwhelming curiosity that could very well kill the proverbial Glameow. With Riolu standing by you, a little down about not being able to participate but accepting that the situation required experienced hands, your birds make for their respective marks. Bulleting into the Butterfree as it focused odd energy into its eyes, Taillow's quick attack successfully knocks the butterfly's concentration out, the insect turning towards the intruder with malice as Spearow's move sent the psybeam off course from the Aggron to the Mothim, the moth buzzing in anger at his ally's attack.

"These pitiful bugs are mere lackeys. Pawns in a greater scheme to jeopardise my own homeland," Aggron grunts as his mouth takes on a red glow, and as Beautifly lets loose a greenish signal beam, Aggron simply spews forth a surprising flamethrower at the surprised insect, scorching it as the beam is simply burnt away.

"Eerreetateen peegeen!" Venomoth squeaks in a rather annoying voice before giving a chirp as Spearow's sudden flight deviation strikes true like a proper aerial ace, causing the bug to lose some height as Venomoth counters with a buffeting silver wind, and while the insectile technique should at least be resisted, you notice the bug's eyes glow with a tinted lens, channeling greater efficiency into accuracy and bypassing much of Spearow's natural resistance to bug moves, evident as the surprised bird loses altitude and crash lands painfully, before shaking the scales off him as he takes flight once more.

Turning back towards Taillow, you find his wing attack to hit Butterfree at the same time as a noxious cloud of poisonpowder is blown at him, and as Taillow takes a sudden turn of purple as the poison enters his bloodstream respiratively, you find that the gutsy bird seems ever more eager to battle. Looking back at Aggron, you find that Beautifly is looking worse for wear after the flamethrower, only for the armoured rhino to roar in pain as Mothim's energy ball slams into him.

"GRAH! You call that POWER?" Aggron roars before stomping the ground, bringing a large boulder to the surface which he slams with his tail to create a sudden rock slide that pummels Mothim, the insect cursing loudly as the rocks smash into his aerial form with ease.

"You're dealing with forces you underestimate, human. However, if you insist on aiding me here, then so be it. Be warned, however: Should these dogs realise you are on my side, then Nictan's wrath will spread here as that wretched Weavile will send assassins on you, as he has done with me many times before," he growls once more before turning back to his two bugs at hand, both of which sport some bruising as your foes divert their attention towards your birds, looking for trouble...

I reject your Nyancats and replace it with my own.
    FB

OOC: sorry on the cursing, but jesus this event is crazy...

Firewater: The situation change from preparation for battle to confrontation had been swift, yet you were ready as your three pokemon appear before you, Dart turning his attention towards the other Staraptor while Machamp gives a glare at the bird, his initial encounter with it ending disastrously, but at your call him and Paradise divert their attention to you as you relay the plan. Giving a nod, Dart takes a flight towards Prince, attempting to use diplomacy for the bird while Machamp makes his way to Luxray's prison, but as you take the stone from your pocket and hold it to your Exeggcute, the grass pokemon looks up at you with some apprehension, but this is mitigated as the six heads glow from the botanic power, combining into a large growth spurt as the Egg pokemon becomes more of a tree than eggs, and as the glow dissipates the Exeggutor before you gives a grin from all six elevated heads, the sudden increased vision to her joy.

However, a primal screech ruins the moment as Prince gives a snarl towards Dart, diving at him with murderous intent, before meeting Dart's large wing face first, the biologically enhanced bird being taken by surprise, when you notice that even after evolving, Dart remains a few inches smaller than Prince. Focusing on the downed Martin, you find him to be dazed, and as he rises from the floor, he gives a small hiss as he holds his arm in some pain.

A pair of caws causes the two of you to gaze at the battle before you, Prince lunging with a wing attack of his own at Dart, buffeting the allied Staraptor as he takes a few steps back before going airborne, diving with a headbutt at Prince, the foe dodging with unnatural speed as it screeches in anger. Looking back at the tubes you find the attempts at communication falling on deaf ears. In some irritation, Machamp thrusts his fist at the tube, only for a sudden static jolt from the tube to shock him, the fighter withdrawing in some pain from Luxray's tube, Paradise holding back as you realise the tubes must have been designed to prevent damage from outside or inside. Back with Dart and Prince, you find the two duelling in close combat in the sky, talons and wings flailing at each other, until a heavy kick knocks Prince hurtling into the ground with a crunch, the opposing Staraptor giving a soft chirp of pain as it suddenly convulses in great pain, and as Martin gets to his feet you hear sudden applause from nearby. Turning, you find a rather bedraggled man with hair pretty much everywhere twitching as he claps to your team, and it doesn't take too long to figure out that this must be Bluheim, the man you've been seeking the whole time.

"I must commend your efforts to get here, strangers! However, your efforts are, shall we say, fruitless."

"As I was before I was interrupted by your little science project, Frederick Bluheim. Under the legislation of the Pokemon Genetics and Research Act of Two thousand and six, you are under arrest for the illegal splicing of Pokemon DNA and Theft for nefarious purposes," the bounty hunter barks in a manner akin to an army commander to his men, but the laughing from the mad scientist as he pulls out an odd remote only serves to enrage the man further.

"Oh, you fail to understand, stranger. This is no ordinary research, this is the next generation of Pokemon! A generation where the weaknesses of some are replaced with the strengths of others! A generation befitting an emperor!" Chuckling with mirth, Bluheim twiddles with the remote as the convulsing raptor stops shaking around, before taking unnatural flight against its will to Prince's high pitched vocal disapproval to a strange chamber atop a machine before slamming down onto it, the bird's screeching no longer that of anger, but of fear and hopelessness as a fourth glass tube shunts up around it, offering no escape for him. As Bluheim tosses the remote aside, the device breaking upon contact with the ground, Martin makes for his pistol as the criminal cackles once more, his voice grating on your nerves as Paradise voices her disapproval with a burst of psychic energy to slam the scientist into a computer, the heavy clang making you think he's been stunned.

To your annoyance, however, Bluheim rises, giving a maniacal laugh before pulling a large lever just as a loud crack fills the air, Martin lowering the smoking pistol with a curse word as you notice the bullet has hit a pipe instead of Bluheim, who stands before a large chamber of some sort, and as the machine crackles to life, you can only stare in horror as the pokemon in the tubes give screams of agony, the formes of the four being wrapped in electricity of some sort as they glow with energy not unlike that which Paradise had recently experienced, but the most harrowing is that of something unmistakably human from the large white chamber behind Bluheim.

"Damn! Too late!"

Visibly trembling, Martin tosses his gun aside as he recalls his Electivire, and as you hold your ears against the cacophony of torment the sound stops suddenly, to Bluheim's insane laughter.

"HAHAhaHA!!! The age of the weak is at an end! Long live THE EMPEROR!" Raising his arms above his head in triumph, your realisation that you've failed in your quest is put aside by a growl from within the higher chamber, and as a hiss from the doors opening mocks your inability to defeat science, a vicious roar unlike any you've heard before resonates around the room, the smoke blocking your view of the contents of the chamber as Bluheim jeers at you and your trio.

"You see! They said it can't be done, but I have proven them wrong! The new age is upon us! This marvel of technol-AAAARGH!"

Looking up at the source of the sudden scream, your stomach takes a nasty turn as you find a pair of brutal claws impaling Bluheim before pulling him into the mist, and you can only turn away and hold your ears as his screams are swiftly silenced and replaced with a squelchy tearing sound and brutal crunching which you feel sick to imagine, and one look at Martin's face, drained of colour and in great shock is all you need to know as he gives a single murmur.

"...By the crown of Ho-oh..."

A terrifying roar and a large clambering sound forces you to look at where the chamber was, and you wish you hadn't as you find the inside soaked with blood, deep gouges in the floor of the chamber where claws would have been slashing at, and as you follow the heavy clanging to its source, you find yourself staring down what could only be a horror movie made real. While in standard ideals most would have put it down to a rather large Lairon, the beast before you is much more twisted, and as you try and look away, you find yourself morbidly staring at the monster before you, as all eight of its eyes glare back at you. Arms built like a Lairon, but with claws closer to the tail of a Seviper than anything else, dripping with venom, and legs like that of a Luxray, only with the talons of a Staraptor, and with a pair of metallic wings attached to a large feathered body, the tail flicks round to show the frontmost couple of yards of a Seviper, complete with voracious head as it hisses, but looking up you find the heads of Staraptor, Luxray and Lairon protruding surrealy from the body, all three in a state of twisted hatred, caked with fresh blood and eyeing you up as though you were a chew toy. Taking a quick glance back at Martin, you find him rooted to the spot in petrification, his body trembling as you realise that while he may have seen many nasty pokemon, a mutated chimera is something completely alien to him, and as the creature you assume to be the Emperor the deceased Bluheim bragged about gives another terrible roar, you think you feel some sorrow in its voice, but this is pushed aside as it makes gradual headway towards you with intent to kill, as you realise you're in for one mother of a battle...

-=-=-
    Not really sure what was going on, David Michael simply watches as everything started off alright.

David Michael quickly turns to Martin after hearing his comment, and noticing that he seemed to be favoring one arm, quickly turns to grab the other
    . After helping Martin to his feet, David Michael noticed to his dismay, that Prince still had a sizable height advantage over Dart, and that Dart's attempts of diplomacy had failed. Prince and Dart had already started brawling, and the test tubes seemed to be impenetrable, or at least to Machamp, who was just shocked by one. when a new voice is heard, soon after Dart's Close Combat wins out over Prince's.

The first thing David Michael noticed about the man was his haggard appearance, but due to everything he had figured out, he knew that he was staring in the face of the man who was the cause of this adventure here.

Either way, Martin was not amused, and in the angriest voice David Michael had heard since the two had been together, shouts at the new individual, with a pretty militarial sounding voice...

"As I was before I was interrupted by your little science project, Frederick Bluheim. Under the legislation of the Pokemon Genetics and Research Act of Two thousand and six, you are under arrest for the illegal splicing of Pokemon DNA and Theft for nefarious purposes,"

However, Bluhelm seems amused, even before he takes out a remote control, which only seems to anger Martin even more, before he speaks yet again, in a sort of mocking tone.

"Oh, you fail to understand, stranger. This is no ordinary research, this is the next generation of Pokemon! A generation where the weaknesses of some are replaced with the strengths of others! A generation befitting an emperor!"

Either way, David Michael had to stop and think on those words, when all of the sudden Bluhelm presses a button, and Prince was suddenly forced into one of those tubes, the once powerful adversary screeching in not defiance and confidence, but fear and resignation as it was entrapped within the cylinder. Either way, David Michael was concerned when Martin pulled out a gun, and Paradise had smashed the scientist against a metal place, hoping to have stunned the man. However, as Martin's shot misses, Bluhelm staggers to a new button, and slams it down, causing a strange, similar to Psychic light to engulf the four pokemon, and what was even more chilling, something in a cylinder behind the madman. As anguished screams ripped through the area, one thought to be human, David Michael could only grimace in disgust and horror, as Martin returns Electivire, his gun tossed to the side as he mutters, regret in his tone.

"Damn! Too late!"

It was only this that David Michael realised that they had failed in their goal, and he simply didn't want to listen to the madman's ramblings, even as he proved too loud to be heard...

"HAHAhaHA!!! The age of the weak is at an end! Long live THE EMPEROR!"

David Michael simply didn't know what to do, so horrified and depressed, he simply had no ideas on what to do, at least until an unhuman roar rings through the area as Bluhelm continues to screech in madness.

David Michael simply winces as he watches a claw grab the scientist, until the screams were silenced, and only chewing could be heard.

...By the crown of Ho-oh..."

As David Michael looks up, he can only stare in disbelief at the monster before him, as all eight of its eyes glare back. Arms built like a Lairon, but with claws closer to the tail of a Seviper than anything else, dripping with venom, and legs like that of a Luxray, only with the talons of a Staraptor, and with a pair of metallic wings attached to a large feathered body, the tail flicks round to show the frontmost couple of yards of a Seviper, complete with voracious head as it hisses, but looking up you find the heads of Staraptor, Luxray and Lairon protruding surrealy from the body, all three in a state of twisted hatred, caked with fresh blood and eyeing you up as though you were a chew toy.

David Michael only can turn to Martin, who was frozen in fear, but decides, that before he could get his partner back into shape, he needed to make sure they weren't going to die first. Plucking a Flying Ball from his belt, he quickly tosses out Bagon, who quickly glows, before evolving into a Shelgon, who blanches as badly as its teammates before recovering as his trainer shouts out orders...

"...well, damn, point is, the goal is to not die. Hopefully, we will succeed, but let's give everything we've got. Alright, Dart, let's start with you. Form up a Copycat, and send your clones in for some Sky Attacks, while you stay back and launch a Hyper Beam at that thing, or Emperor. Machamp, need you to Focus your energy, and form a Light Screen to cover us, followed by a Focus Blast. Shelgon, Dragon Dance up, to get some speed, before blasting forward with a Flamethrower, then Dragonbreath. Finally, Paradise, try to Leech Seed it, before blasting it with a Psychic, and finish with a Reflect to protect all of us too. But listen to me, all of you, abort orders if you need to, and don't let that ******* grab you at any costs."

Turning to Martin, David Michael quickly punches the man across the face while shouting, "WAKE THE HELL UP AND FIND YOUR GUN!", before he talks in a more mild tone. "Martin, we've got to fight this thing or we will be just as ****ed as the creator of this thing, if you've got any pokemon that can fight, let them out or something, but we've got to think of something to stop this thing from killing us or our pokemon."

Afterwards, David Michael turns to the beast, while trying to find something to protect himself...

"Listen, Emperor, whatever you are- we are willing to help you, but you have to calm down or something." However, unsure of his actions, David Michael quickly goes back to looking for a weapon, not expecting his plea to do much good...

Ampere Beach: Unknown Area.

Arcanum: As the battle raged on, you note that time wasn’t on your side and resolve to try and end the conflict before you ended up more than just dead, realising the irony of the thought. Without much delay, Adam glares towards his foe before shaking his head in an erratic fashion, the lack of wings making an effective gust difficult, but in the end a large head is all the aid he needs as he causes a small whirlwind that flits towards his foe, the Zubat squeaking in surprise as the winds whipped around it, the other Zubat unfortunately evading the attack by diving for Lucy, giving it no chance of evading the firestream the Sableye spews forth once more, the pyroclastic bubbles scorching the bat Pokémon and as you watch with some horror, burning one of the Zubat’s tails clean off, the limb in question suddenly corroding and disintegrating upon contact with the ground. While successful, the retaliatory leech life hits a nerve on the gremlin, Lucy shrieking as the bat flew back after the vampiric attack. Pondering the state of the tail, your query is answered just as quickly by Quasar as he dives underneath the Golbat, releasing a sudden flash that dazzles the larger bat.

“As stated before, everything here is dead, hanging onto their souls by a thread. These bats are the unfortunate wraiths of Pokémon killed by darker means, their souls removed, essentially zombies, if you will. Upon the defeat, the dark energies keeping the bodies whole fades, causing them to crumble.”

As the revelation of battling undead comes around, you become a little more concerned for your team, but what worried you possess are soon removed as Adam’s Zubat regains its bearings, skin chipped off by the windy attack, only to nimbly take to the skies as Adam’s quick attack misses narrowly, the Trapinch cursing his luck as the bat dives for another wing attack at his vulnerable behind, while Lucy wreaks vengeance against her foe with another night shade, the energy strike slamming her bat back as it twirled idly through the cave, regaining composure for another supersonic, this time aimed not for her, but the roof, and as you watch with surprise, a few rocks fall from the echo and bombard the gremlin, in a dirty tactic that has the Luxray growling at before he gives a grunt of pain as the Golbat releases air cutter at him, the razor sharp wisps of wind slicing into him but giving him the opportunity to leap up with fangs bared and chilled, the power of ice striking the aerial bat in the leg, ripping it off with a screech from the foe, Quasar spitting the limb out as it crumbled upon contact. With the opportunity around, Zubat dives for Adam once more, attempting to astonish him, but as the large jaws slam down in a brutal bite, the bat realises he’s dealing with one tough customer, especially once Adam holds the bat hard and shakes it about, ripping it in half much to his shock, the lower half in his mouth losing integrity and giving him a bad taste as he spits around, his foe merely the annoying flappy half and having difficulty keeping airborne. Noticing the success, Lucy looks up to her foe, cruising for a bruising as it chuckles at her position before it’s squeaks become rather concerned. Hadn’t its prey been on the ground the last time it heard? Without warning, and using her species ability to scale vertical surfaces, Lucy leaps from the wall as you watch in fear for her safety before scratching on the Zubat’s wing membrane, tearing the flight system to pieces as she lands nimbly, the Zubat clumsily flittering down and landing in a heap, very angry at the trickery. As you turn your attention towards Quasar, the Luxray takes a great leap towards his foe, whose eyes gleam with malice, and as the Luxray lands face-first, the confuse ray effect has left your guide in a neural fustercluck, his foe showing signs of injury as do your own Pokémon, yet the battle seems in your favour. However, now was not the time to falter as you remember you’re on a schedule.
    By now Arcanum should have rotted away, never to be heard from again. Hopefully the gap in replies won't be this bad again. And I loved this update and writing the response, even though I’m just now getting around to it.
    Arcanum's pokémon were more focused than they'd ever been before, Adam taking a menacing look towards his assigned bat before whipping his head around absurdly. There wasn't much of a product, but he did create an impressively well formed, albeit weak, gust of wind. That is probably more of a trick than an attack right now... we'll have to train on that later, Arcanum thought to himself, or maybe even though Adam is my starter pokémon, he may not be apt for battles against air enemies... I do have three other pokémon to rely on... Arcanum would have to work on relying on his team members more as he learned Adam’s limitations, so he took special note of this disadvantage to look back on later. Adam's small gust of wind wound its way over to the Zubat he had been primarily fighting, disturbing its mid-air balance and causing it to shriek horribly, but it really didn't have a major effect - not to mention it only hit the one Zubat, the other had begun diving towards Lucy with determination.

However, that was a perfect failure on the Zubat's part, because Arcanum's Sableye was spewing up a hot dose of fiery bubble goodness just as it flew within range of them. One after another, the molten hot bubbles hit the bat in quick succession, dousing it in burning hot liquid. Arcanum stared, amazed, as the hot liquid burned through the skin on the zubat and caused a tail to be burned off completely, landing on the ground and disintegrating quickly, like it had been on the verge of falling apart all along. The Zubat wasn't stopped by the damage however, and closed its jaws on Lucy's body, sucking some energy out of her and causing the Darkness Pokémon to let out a screech of pain. Two small holes were visible on her torso as the bat flew in the opposite direction, putting distance between the two of them again. Arcanum looked over to Quasar, who was dodging the Golbat's attack, releasing a flash that seemed to have a stunning effect on the larger bat.

Quasar took a moment to explain that the pokémon here were zombies of their former self, and should be rather brittle when damaged significantly enough. However, zombies are also resiliant in several ways living pokémon with souls are not. Returning to watching his pokémon fight, Arcanum watches as Adam barely misses the Zubat he is fighting, barking out some english obscenities as the Zubat continues to climb further out of Adam's reach, flapping violently, then pitching forwards in to a dive to wing attack Adam from his exposed backside. Adam takes a substantial hit to the back, and then whips around keeping very good track of his enemy. The Zubat dives in again, this time hoping to astonish Adam. The Zubat’s expression changed as it realized the pain it was feeling meant it was in a very, very bad position. Adam’s large, powerful jaws were holding the bat firmly, and then they began to whip left and right, tearing and dealing concussive damage to its pray. The upper torso, face, and wings get thrown as they release from the lower half that remains in Adam’s enormous mouth, and his foe had trouble getting back in to the air with its awkward new body composition. Adam spat out the disgusting rotten bat flesh as it fell apart on the ground. It’s not often that a taste brings about the idea of washing your mouth out with soap.

Lucy reeled back her head as the air around her eyes seemed to darken like a cloud, and a pair of dark bolts was shot from her eyes in the Zubat’s direction. The strange flips it did afterwards looked like a gyroscope, which even made Arcanum feel a little sick to his stomach, but the Zubat flattened out and immediately released a dizzying pulse, but to Arcanum’s initial delight, they were fired away from any of the pokémon on his team. To his immediate horror, the Zubat wasn’t disoriented from Lucy’s attack, but rather using a dirty tactic to dislodge some of the cave’s ceiling above her. Quasar growled angrily as he sacrificed his attention to see Lucy pounded with rocks, taking a slice of air to his side. This caused his mouth to utter a grunt and a long cut appear down the right side of his body, but he turned and saw the Golbat before it got to distance itself, opening its mouth wide with an icy breath and tearing deep in to the Golbat’s leg, tearing it clear off and spitting the limb out on the ground where it crumbled and withered quickly in to unrecognizable organic flesh. As the rocks stopped falling, Lucy took a glance up at her opponent through the dusty cloud and the middle of the debris. By the time her opponent was able to determine well enough the shape of the ground where the gremlin had stood moments ago, Lucy was gone. Like an shadow, it had nimbly crept up the wall to match the bat’s altitude, and as Arcanum watched, half concerned and half in awe of Lucy’s ingenuity, she leapt away from the wall with one arm wound back, slashing as it closed in on the bat, tearing one wing like it had gone through a shredder. Lucy landed confidently, with a massive grin on her face, not even turning her head towards Arcanum. “That was awesome Lucy, absolutely sick,” he said as Lucy cackled to itself, watching the bat fall limp to the ground to flap around angrily. Back behind Lucy, Quasar leapt at his foe, but ended up losing his attack and direction in mid-air from a confuse ray the Golbat hit him with.

“Okay! Lucy, recover some health while your opponent is on the ground and can’t hit you. Then, if it gets in to the air, use a night shade to knock it back down, or better, send it flying in to a wall. Then close the distance and use fury swipes to tear what remains to shreds! Adam, use metronome once, hopefully to bring your Zubat down, then use quick attack to close the distance and hit it hard, followed up with a bite down on its head, making sure to tear it completely off this time.”

As Arcanum spoke, he had reached in to the yellow pouch at the top of his backpack and identified the hard pink persim berry and, dropping his backpack where it was began to run towards Quasar and the Golbat to get their confused guide back in to the fight until Lucy and Adam could help him finish off the largest of their opponents.

“Here Quasar, eat this, it cures confusion. You can’t fight well like this.” Arcanum said, holding the berry out, slightly nervous at how terrifying the Luxray was up close, even if it was on his side. “As soon as the fight is over, we can take a look at your wounds too, but take this now so we can finish the fight and continue going.”
    Last edited by arcanumghost; 21st April 2010 at 2:21 AM.

Posting this here as a reminder to myself to get off my arse and get updates written up by the end of the week. Also a notice that if you're planning on continuing adventuring here to lemme know via PM or something, as I'll be postponing stalled adventures.

FB

Stark: An Aggron who can speak the human language. A quartet of insects attacking him. A warning not to get involved heartily ignored by you as you release your Taillow and Spearow from their confines. Who these bugs were mattered slightly to you, but your main concern was evening a four on one showdown to the singular's advantage, as well as the overwhelming curiosity that could very well kill the proverbial Glameow. With Riolu standing by you, a little down about not being able to participate but accepting that the situation required experienced hands, your birds make for their respective marks. Bulleting into the Butterfree as it focused odd energy into its eyes, Taillow's quick attack successfully knocks the butterfly's concentration out, the insect turning towards the intruder with malice as Spearow's move sent the psybeam off course from the Aggron to the Mothim, the moth buzzing in anger at his ally's attack.

"These pitiful bugs are mere lackeys. Pawns in a greater scheme to jeopardise my own homeland," Aggron grunts as his mouth takes on a red glow, and as Beautifly lets loose a greenish signal beam, Aggron simply spews forth a surprising flamethrower at the surprised insect, scorching it as the beam is simply burnt away.

"Eerreetateen peegeen!" Venomoth squeaks in a rather annoying voice before giving a chirp as Spearow's sudden flight deviation strikes true like a proper aerial ace, causing the bug to lose some height as Venomoth counters with a buffeting silver wind, and while the insectile technique should at least be resisted, you notice the bug's eyes glow with a tinted lens, channeling greater efficiency into accuracy and bypassing much of Spearow's natural resistance to bug moves, evident as the surprised bird loses altitude and crash lands painfully, before shaking the scales off him as he takes flight once more.

Turning back towards Taillow, you find his wing attack to hit Butterfree at the same time as a noxious cloud of poisonpowder is blown at him, and as Taillow takes a sudden turn of purple as the poison enters his bloodstream respiratively, you find that the gutsy bird seems ever more eager to battle. Looking back at Aggron, you find that Beautifly is looking worse for wear after the flamethrower, only for the armoured rhino to roar in pain as Mothim's energy ball slams into him.

"GRAH! You call that POWER?" Aggron roars before stomping the ground, bringing a large boulder to the surface which he slams with his tail to create a sudden rock slide that pummels Mothim, the insect cursing loudly as the rocks smash into his aerial form with ease.

"You're dealing with forces you underestimate, human. However, if you insist on aiding me here, then so be it. Be warned, however: Should these dogs realise you are on my side, then Nictan's wrath will spread here as that wretched Weavile will send assassins on you, as he has done with me many times before," he growls once more before turning back to his two bugs at hand, both of which sport some bruising as your foes divert their attention towards your birds, looking for trouble...
    "We'll just have to cross that bridge when we reach it," Stark replied to large creature, "and you're welcome by the way."

Nictan? So that's the enemy's name. Stark thought for a few seconds letting the new found knowledge register in his mind. The thing that confused him the most was that this Nictan, much like the Aggron he was assisting, seemed to be more than just an average pokémon. Wherever they were from was nothing like the world he had become accustomed to. It almost seemed like wherever they were from pokémon were the dominant species and humans were quite possibly absent. The idea in and of itself was intriguing to say the least. The possibilities of such a society could lead to a lifetime of research and discovery. That of course assumed he wasn't assassinated by the Weavile's minions like the Aggron had warned. With that in mind Stark turned his attention back to the battle above.

Taillow had somehow found an inner strength after the butterfree's poison had infected his bloodstream. A reminder of how much the bird's determination to overcome obstacles reminded him of himself and many of his other partners. Not the least of which was Spearow who from the moment Stark had met him had been the type to never give up until he couldn't go on anymore. A trait that while respectable had gotten the pair into more than a few troubling situations. He had hoped that he would have been able to break the little hawk of his adamant nature given time, but eventually decided to work with it and try to use it to their advantage.

"Hang in there bud. You'll get your chance soon enough," Stark gazed down at Riolu for a second with a reassuring smile accompanied by a nod, "In the meantime keep an eye on the battle. Oh and if any of them come for us don't be afraid to show them what a mistake they made." He knew the little fighter would like to get involved in the scuffle, but the time wasn't right yet. Riolu was still young and as such, he needed to watch and learn. This was an exercise in patience as much as it was a learning experience. If successful Riolu would be able to learn a number of different techniques to take advantage of the strengths and weaknesses of not only the attacking insects, but of the birds and the aggron. Like all of his pokémon, Stark cared immensely for Riolu and did what he could to prepare them for any eventuality they may come across in the future. An opportunity like this didn't come around very often and he knew that to not take advantage of the chance would be foolish.

The trainer's attention once more shifted to the battle. Taillow and Spearow had the type advantage, but the bugs had proven surprisingly resilient. Not to mention a little sneaky. "Spearow! Taillow! Keep it up. You're doing great!" he called out in support of his avian partners, "Taillow, use Double Team to throw it off, then while butterfree is trying to figure out which is the real you, hit it by Flying up high and coming back down to at it."

"Spearow! I want you to fire a Tri-Attack at Venomoth and follow that up with a Drill Peck right into it's body," Stark called out to one of his longest tenured partners. "Alright guys go for it!"

Default Oh, delicious SPPf infractions, how I doth love thee...

Massive, massive apologies for my Tauroscrapping about updating in a weeks' time, but things happened, holidays came along and other menial niggles popped up. However, updates shall be back on a roll hopefully.

Ampere Beach: Unknown Area.

Arcanum: It was you, Adam, Lucy and Quasar against half a Zubat, half a Zubat, most of a Golbat and confusion. Despite the numerical advantage in the mathematical sense, both sides were showing signs of wear and tear, some of it literal, and noting the Sableye's opponent being grounded deliver your orders as you fish out a Persim Berry, eerily still a bit damp from when the wave smashed into you before heading towards the terrifying Luxray. Taking advantage of her grounded foe Lucy starts to glow, recovering some much needed health, while her Zubat foe angrily flaps about before suddenly pelting her with a stray array of swift stars, the normal energy disrupting her healing albeit doing little damage due to her spectral typing. On Adam's side of the field his halfbat flitters oddly around as the antlion wiggles his forelegs around oddly, the lack of fingers making the metronome a bit tougher to pull off than normal, but eventually the limbs glow as he starts to sweat, just as your run slows down rapidly as the very air itself seems to become heavier in the cave, almost stumbling as the Golbat notices your presence and attempts to snap you in half before slamming down hard, the metronome calling forth a temporary increase in gravity as a trio of squeaks are heard from all three bats. As you reach Quasar, the lion looks at you in bemusement as you try and explain what the berry you're offering is.

"Con...few? What is this red Gyarados we sing of? A biscuit for me? No thank you, I'm hypothermic to scribbles..."

As you stand with the Persim Berry onhand, listening to the childish babblings of your guide, Adam gives a devious grin as he quickly dashes at the fallen bat and rams it, sending the creature skidding as it tries in vain to smack him with a wing attack, but the efforts are in vain as the Trapinch clamps his jaws around the head and rips the decaying limb from the body, a horrible screech bursting from the zombie as it completely disintegrates in his jaws. Smiling triumphantly, Adam suddenly winces as you notice the toxic juices in his mouth and the Zubat's ploy: Even if it were to die, the poison would slowly kill Adam again as you journeyed further for the tear. Your own concerns are nullified as you are knocked down by a large object, the Golbat opting you a simpler target than the Luxray as it lumbers towards you, legless and with venom in its fangs, the large mouth easily several factors larger than your head as you are completely open to attack...

"Hey, why yawn at the governmental party? It's a blast silly bean, let me show you!"

Before you can contemplate what's going on, Quasar brings a large claw down onto the Golbat, knocking it aside as you notice the night slash used, somewhat strange for a Luxray to possess, and as you look at the Golbat are relieved to see the sludge bomb splatter elsewhere, the corrosive poison eating away at the rock instead of you. Looking towards where Lucy is, the gremlin's claws swiping at her foe in fury as the Zubat flails around in pitiful resistance, the bat dismembered in seconds from the scratches as Lucy drops to a knee, shaking the festering mess off her hands as she struggles to regain her breath, the high energy usage crippling her as much as the Zubat. Turning back, you are relieved to the sight of the puzzled Quasar examining the Persim Berry, wondering what it is before deeming the best way to examine it is from the inside, chomping the berry and snapping to his senses as soon as the juices enter his body. Roaring in power, he swings his tail at the Golbat before him, the iron sheen being the only thing the Golbat's attempted defence of confuse ray once more is ignored and the sickening crunch of heavy metal on soft brittle bone turns your stomach as the bat is cleaved in two rapidly decaying halves. Level up for Adam and Lucy.

Rising to your feet, you consider time left and realise you have around eleven hours remaining until the power of the stones wears off and you and Adam properly die. Turning towards your pokemon you find them in different states of exhaustion, with Lucy being drained energetically and Adam a slight tinge of purple on his face as the toxic poison slowly works its way into his system.

"I...didn't say anything that would be...embarrassing, did I?" Quasar asks as you strongly resist the urge to fall around and laugh at the question, but your amusement is stifled at the hard glare of the electric pokemon as he turns his head towards the tunnel the bats hovered over before, the gloom before you not welcoming but also the only way forward.

-=-=-

Firewater: Staring in fear at what could only be described as a horror from your nightmares, you waste no time in sending your orders as your Bagon evolves before you, what should be a time of joy pushed aside against the mutant as it sneers at your medley. Fastest off the ball, Dart focuses his energy and grits his metaphorical teeth together as he slices his health in half to create a pair of copycat Staraptor, the trio taking flight immediately above the beast, the Staraptor head glaring at the birds as Machamp focuses his energy for the situation at hand. Turning to Martin, you clench your fist and slug him across the face, snapping him out of his shock as he holds his cheek, surprised at your actions before bursting into a chuckle as you frantically search for some form of defensive measure, finding none.

"Hah...you remind me of when I was younger. Okay, this isn't exactly time to joke, so I think we should stay back from the field right now. I've one more pokemon able, but she's, how to put it, eccentric."

As Paradise fires off his leech seed and Shelgon dances, the scarlet and azure energy of dragons flowing around him, the Emperor makes his move, stopping the seed dead with a sudden flamethrower from the Seviper head, the seed incinerating and scorching Paradise as you become alerted to the fact that your opponent isn't just dangerous close up! A sudden flash of light behind you causes you to turn around to Martin's final pokemon, the chubby feline's seemingly constant leer taking you by some further surprise as the Purugly merely looks at the monstrosity before it with detached interest.

"Alice, distract it until we can finish keeping ourselves covered!"

Without much delay, Alice starts dashing around the room creating a double team of four equally bored cats, the five Purugly hanging back as Dart's doubles seem to ponder the effect of sky attack until it dawns on you that the effects of Copycat require the user to use the same move as the copies, and instead of the pair of copies glowing, the three of them start gathering energy in their beaks. Angered at the sudden increase in numbers, the chimera's Luxray head roars before discharging electricity from the feathers, the errant shocks missing Dart and one copy but destroying the third as well as eliminating two of the Purugly, damaging Machamp, Paradise and Shelgon slightly. Without delay, Machamp erects a shimmering screen of light around himself and Paradise, the fighting pokemon's low psychic energy reserves depleted and the defensive measure insufficient to cover the party as a whole, while the Exeggutor blasts the beast with a psychic wave, and as you watch the Staraptor, Luxray and Lairon heads shrug it off, an almost human scream emerges from the Seviper, the attack interestingly effective against the creature.

As Shelgon blasts forth his flamethrower, scorching the Lairon head as it grunts in irritation, you notice too late the glow around it as it fires off a burst of metal that smashes into Shelgon, the heavy armour around the dragon doing little to prevent him being bowled over into a table nearby, spirals in his eyes as the attack leaves him out for the count, and this early into the battle. Giving a roar of anger, Machamp utilises his focused energy into charging an orb of fighting power as Alice and her three feline copies zoom in for a slash, gashing the Luxray's side as the beast roars and slams its brutal claw into the cat, a pained meowl as the metal claw rakes the feline's rear leaving a deep wound, only testament to the power the claws contain, but it is too little too late as a pair of hyper beams from Dart and his single copycat slam into the beast, followed by a blast from Machamp, the energy missile smashing into the Lairon head as it gives a screech that you unmistakably recognise as human, your heart pained as you fight back tears for some unusual reason.

As the dust clears up, you can only gasp as the bright blue energy around the beast indicates a brave bird assault, repelled only by the fast-acting reflect of the Exeggutor, the screen itself shattering from the power of the attack, but as you look again, you realise that the Emperor appears to have weakened, the Lairon head merely hanging in exhaustion while what metallic features on the beast seem to have regressed slightly.

"...seems this could be tougher than expected. Alice, charm the foe to reduce its physical power, then follow up with a thunderbolt."

Looking towards your team, Shelgon is out for the count, while Dart and his copy have landed on a higher stage to recuperate from the heavy energy usage. Paradise has shown signs of wear as well, the flamethrower doing substantial damage, while Machamp seems much more eager to get in close as you notice the vicious claws seem to have blunted somewhat...

-=-=-

Stark: The battle before you had taken its toll as the bugs proved themselves more tactical than expected, poisoning Taillow and taking Spearow by surprise with an effective move, yet the battle was still anyone's, though preferably yours. Quicker on the draw, Taillow starts flying rings round Butterfree, forging a quartet of birds from the double team technique, while Spearow ventured on a more direct approach, generating a trio of elemental beams to attack Venomoth with. Launching the move, Venomoth attempts to counter with a psybeam, but the speed of Spearow's assault wins out, blasting into the bug as it screams obscenities to the bird. Turning towards Aggron and his pair of bugs, Beautifly flutters in close, the armoured pokemon grunting at the giga drain sucking at his health before grinning, his head taking on a blue aura as Riolu takes an apprehensive step back as the Beautifly's eyes seem to sink into its head, just before the bug is smashed straight through the ground, a soft crunch akin to chitin being crushed echoing from the impact as you can only visibly wince.

"Pitiful attempt, butterfly."

A startled tweet from Taillow followed by the single bird being left as Butterfree finishes the gust puts a frown on your face as you notice the compoundeyes Butterfree boasts, the detection of false clones easier and accuracy boost associated rendering your technique moot as Taillow flies down onto Butterfree, the bug squeaking before hitting the ground and taking off groggily, just as Beautifly struggles out of the Aggron skull-shaped crater, clearly in no way to battle any further as it flops down in defeat, the wings ragged. As Venomoth shakes himself off from the attack, it gives a churning of its wings to create a loud and obnoxiously painful buzz of bug energy, the missile striking Spearow hard and knocking him to the ground as you bite your lip in worry, but the small paw on your hand relieves tension as Riolu indicates that while powerful from a Venomoth, Spearow's strong ties of comradeship towards you is greater as he takes flight once more, drilling into the body of the bug with his pecker, sending the insect on a random array, Venomoth much worse for wear as it seems a couple more hits will send both him and Butterfree to the compost heap. With Aggron and the remaining Mothim, you are amused to see the string shot of the moth to tie Aggron up fail completely as he uses his immense strength to swing him into the Palkia statue's leg. While it seems he has this situation under control, a cough from Taillow as he drops altitude gives you concern that you'll have to end this battle before the poison ends Taillow...

FB

Stark: The battle before you had taken its toll as the bugs proved themselves more tactical than expected, poisoning Taillow and taking Spearow by surprise with an effective move, yet the battle was still anyone's, though preferably yours. Quicker on the draw, Taillow starts flying rings round Butterfree, forging a quartet of birds from the double team technique, while Spearow ventured on a more direct approach, generating a trio of elemental beams to attack Venomoth with. Launching the move, Venomoth attempts to counter with a psybeam, but the speed of Spearow's assault wins out, blasting into the bug as it screams obscenities to the bird. Turning towards Aggron and his pair of bugs, Beautifly flutters in close, the armoured pokemon grunting at the giga drain sucking at his health before grinning, his head taking on a blue aura as Riolu takes an apprehensive step back as the Beautifly's eyes seem to sink into its head, just before the bug is smashed straight through the ground, a soft crunch akin to chitin being crushed echoing from the impact as you can only visibly wince.

"Pitiful attempt, butterfly."

A startled tweet from Taillow followed by the single bird being left as Butterfree finishes the gust puts a frown on your face as you notice the compoundeyes Butterfree boasts, the detection of false clones easier and accuracy boost associated rendering your technique moot as Taillow flies down onto Butterfree, the bug squeaking before hitting the ground and taking off groggily, just as Beautifly struggles out of the Aggron skull-shaped crater, clearly in no way to battle any further as it flops down in defeat, the wings ragged. As Venomoth shakes himself off from the attack, it gives a churning of its wings to create a loud and obnoxiously painful buzz of bug energy, the missile striking Spearow hard and knocking him to the ground as you bite your lip in worry, but the small paw on your hand relieves tension as Riolu indicates that while powerful from a Venomoth, Spearow's strong ties of comradeship towards you is greater as he takes flight once more, drilling into the body of the bug with his pecker, sending the insect on a random array, Venomoth much worse for wear as it seems a couple more hits will send both him and Butterfree to the compost heap. With Aggron and the remaining Mothim, you are amused to see the string shot of the moth to tie Aggron up fail completely as he uses his immense strength to swing him into the Palkia statue's leg. While it seems he has this situation under control, a cough from Taillow as he drops altitude gives you concern that you'll have to end this battle before the poison ends Taillow...
    Stark grit his teeth tightly. The bugs were stronger than he first thought. He had a feeling that if this battle lasted much longer Taillow would be in some serious danger. The poison had already begun to affect the tiny bird and it would only get worse the longer it went untreated. Spearow on the other hand seemed to be holding his own just fine. The Venomoth had surprised them, but Spearow had a habit of not giving up until he couldn't go on any longer, which surprisingly enough was always longer than Stark expected. Riolu's reassurance and the sheer power of Aggron didn't hurt his confidence level either.

The huge steel pokémon had demonstrated just how strong he was by taking out the Beautifly. It still left Stark amazed that such a pokémon even existed. Everything about him was a surprise. Of course, the mystery of who this Weavile was that was after him and why he was being hunted nagged at the trainer like an angry housewife, but he would have to wait until he finished this battle before beginning another. Hopefully, he thought, the next battle will be more along the lines of learning some answers rather than watching his companions fight for all of their lives.

Steeling himself he gazed upward at the battle in the skies above. "We need to end this now," he commented to Riolu, "Taillow! Hang in there just a little longer. Use Quick Attack on Butterfree before it can even think about making a move. Then follow that up with a Wing Attack to try to bring it down once and for all."

"Spearow! I want you to build up some energy for a Sky Attack! If Venomoth is still going try to finish it off by whipping up a Whirlwind to drive it into the ground," he ordered the small hawk and then looked down at the little canine by his side, "Alright pal, you ready to go?" A smile crossed his face as he knew that Riolu had been a little disappointed not to able to join the battle. Chances were, he still might not be able to join, but Stark figured it best to be prepared. "If any of those bugs end up on the ground and look like their still willing to continue this losing battle I want you to give them a Blaze Kick to put them down for good. That includes the Mothim Aggron is fighting. I know it's not what you were hoping, but trust me. You'll get your shot in due time."

The trainer took a look skyward again with determination set in his face and shouted, "Alright guys.... Take 'em down!"

Laguna Peninsula
    The Hydro-Electric Zone

Laguna Westersands
    Unlike the estersands, the shoreline of the Laguna Westersands is of rocky origin, far from picture perfect. The massive mountain ranges to the west of Laguna help provide for the beautiful weather to the east, and due to this heavy rain it brings, many industrial sectors are located here. Travellers should be warned, however, that the weather can turn for the worse suddenly, and reports have went out for missing persons.

Sub-Areas
    ~Ohm Reservoir
    Supplying energy for Seaside City and the major tributary for the Blitz, the Ohm Reservoir was formed after the construction of the Surge Dam, and consists of twenty million cubic metres of water, enough to drown the city if it were to burst out. The reservoir itself contains ancient submerged ruins beneath it, and in spite of explorations little headway has been met.
    It has been a very long time since Stacey had gone on a journey and as she had stared out of the cracked windows of her Mansion she had felt the tug of longing to travel once more. So she had made the long trek away from from home with not much of an idea of where she wanted to go just letting her feet lead the way. She had ventured a fair distance and began to wonder if her feet were up to the increased exercise when she realised where she was, she had arrived at Fizzytopia. She has been here before but this continent was vast and had many places she had yet to explore the thought of somewhere new exciting her and making her forget her aching muscles.

She looked down at her belt containing some old and new Pokeballs housing a fraction of her team of Pokemon. The whole point was to adventure with her Pokemon, it had been so very long since she had bonded with many of them hence she had left most of her older Pokemon at home. She has begun to worry that she had been neglecting some of her Pokemon, this would be a chance to spend some quality time with them away from the creepy monsters that lurked at home. She smiled as she pulled a blue Dive Ball from her belt enlarging it as she thought of the creature inside. He had recently evolved whilst scrapping with a hourde of Gastly that had taken to trying to annoy and bait the Shellfish Pokemon. It had not ended well for them but Stacey couldnt be happier with the results. Reminsicing over she released the newly evolved Kabutops who stretched not too fond of havin been in his ball but scouted the new surroundings with the eyes of a predator.

"A little different to home," she said as Wraith peered at the foreign surroundings before deeming it safe and staring at his trainer intensely. Stacey was still amazed by his much larger form and her eyes feel to his large scythes that shone dangerously in the light. It made her a little nervous but she had spent enough time with him to know he was all about acting on primal instinct and he saw her as family and protecting his family was paramount.

"We needed to get away for a bit, don't you think. See some more of the world, you especially, being cooped up in a house is not proper environment for you," Stacey said frowning at this fact as Wraith tilted his head skyward observing the bright clear skies, something he had not seen for a while. Stacey new he didn't communicate well but could understand the basic emotions he was conveying.

"So why don't you walk and I'll follow, we'll adventure together but you can choose where we go, wherever you want." Wraith looked back at her a low growl in his throat curious at her statement and she Stacey waved her arm out indicating that they should move he nodded before walking off. Stacey had noticed that he had picked up some human behavious such as nodding from her and her other Pokemon through observation and it made her smile and she soon followed his lead.

The two of them walked the changing lands before Stacey realised where they had arrived, she had heard several poeple speak of the clear waters and serene land of the Laguna Penisula. She shouldn't have been surprised, being a Water type Wraith would be drawn to a place like this. She couldn't keep the smile off her face as she thought of the bright oceans, warm beaches or even the sparkling rivers she knew were to the east but her expression changed when she realised that Wraith was headed west; what was in that direction?

Wraith kept moving as if drawn to a location and Stacey knew not to ask where they were headed as she was sure he wasn't sure. The land began to change and become more rocky, the soil was hard underfoot and was making it harder to walk on. Stacey looked up to see a large looming moutain range coming into view and the dark rain soaked clouds circling above them made her shiver involuntarily. She began to regret letting Wraith take the reigns of this journey as she pulled her jacket closer to her body and jogged to catch him up. She found the Kabutops standing by the edge of an enourmous collection of water, it certainly wasn't a lake, no it looked man made; it was a resevoir. Wraith stalked around the edge of the water dipping his scythe onto the surface drawing patterns and Stacey was left wondering what had drawn him here.

~Stace and Imp. A Perfect Pair~
    FB : PC : DT

Default Gasp! Is that what I think it is?

Nope.

coolface.jpg

It's not another notice of false update hope, it's better. With this up, I'll be clearing my backlog of forgotten adventures (technically them all, but who am I to joke around?) and clearing up some spaces for the newer kids to come in. College and many other distractions slowed updates to a literal standstill, but not anymore.

Stark: This battle was becoming tiring on your pokemon's morale and health, and yet you recognised that the foe was becoming much wearier as well, with one of them being taken out of the picture in a brutal way. However, while tired, your teammates still had some fight left in them and were willing to follow your lead, their loyalty and friendship to you vastly outweighing their injuries, and with this in heart Taillow strikes with high speed in a quick attack against his classically graceful foe, the Butterfree having little time to consider attacking before getting knocked for a loop, while Spearow takes on a glow akin to evolution, but this glow much more malevolent than developmental. Venomoth, noticing this, squeaks weakly before dropping and erecting a protective barrier around itself, designed to stop the attack cold as you become worried.

A pained squawk from Taillow as the poison gets progressively worse alongside Butterfree's confusion technique, followed by him dropping weakly to the ground almost makes your heart skip a beat, but the gutsy nature of the Taillow gives him the strength to rise from the ground to a shocked exclamation from Butterfree, just before he attacks the butterfly square in the chest with a double wing chop, the insect merely standing still for a couple of seconds before falling limp. Level up for Taillow. Giving a pleased chirp, the swallow then plops down from exhaustion, the poison sapping the last of his fighting spirit from him.

"Vaat is this fuulishness? A teeny burd felling one of our own!?"

"A warrior's spirit is more than size, it's about using your form to it's advantage!" Aggron smirks as he delivers a swift electrical jolt, the thunder wave shocking the Mothim onto the ground as it's wings give out, just before the armoured dinosaur squashes the bug in his hands with a smellingsalt, the paralysis both bringing it to his mercy and increasing the power of the clapping attack exponentially. As you acknowledge the strategy, you remember about the Venomoth's Protect, and with Spearow's attack nearly charged and Taillow too tired to battle, you become worried about the welfare of your other pokemon...

"Lu!"

A call from Riolu and a swift blaze kick at the barrier causes the fighter to bounce off and land in the dirt, the protective shell fading as Venomoth turns furiously to the emanation pokemon, eyes aglow with psychic wrath just as a guttural crow echoes through the peak, Venomoth looking round just in time to see a massive surge of flying energy in the shape of a mighty eagle screaming towards him as though the sky itself was falling...

"...Reeeolu, you weel regret thees..."

A burst of incredible energy against the already weakened poison moth blows Riolu back into your arms as you hear a scream of pain, before the dust settles and you are shocked to see no sign of your final opponent. A tap on your chest and a small paw pointing to the sky, you see the Venomoth hurtling far and wide, following the unconscious bug's trajectory into the river with a small splash. Turning back towards Spearow, you notice the glow from the attack still lingering around his wings before he shakes it off, a hot burst of air emanating from them. Spearow has learned the Move Tutor move Heat Wave.

"A foolhardy decision you've made, human, yet the efforts of your pokemon show you're stronger than you look. However, don't think this is the end of the battle, for it is doubtless Nictan has caught wind of this support and will be less than inclined to let you escape scot-free from this endeavour. I would advise you head for safety elsewhere, as there will only be trouble for you around me."

With this word, the Aggron shakes himself off before lumbering around the statue as though in search for something, leaving you and your weary pokemon to pick up the pieces. Knowing his ability to read footprint runes and the plaque halfway up sharing the same strange symbols, would you heed his advice and head else where, or ignore him and continue to help him out?

-=-=-=-

Ohm Reservoir

Arc: The urge of adventure on the offset of what could have been yet another dull day, you find yourself in sunny Laguna Peninsula following the heart of your Kabutops, though as things went with the evolved shellfish things were less sunny and more of a chillier position as you find yourself in the mountainous westersands, specifically a large lake, or reservoir to be more exact. As you and Wraith reach the edge of the reservoir, you subconsciously wonder what brought you and your pokemon here as the fossil starts swishing his scythe in the waters, as though idly drawing in the silt. Looking out at the waters, you only then realise how picturesque the scene is, despite the less than photographically perfect weather. As a school of Goldeen frolic in one part of the reservoir, a few small boats can be seen moored outside a complex of buildings in the distance, which you mentally note to be the Surge Dam, the reason for this reservoir.

"Ka...Bu..."

Looking towards your shellfish once more, you are a little surprised to see him digging in the silt, a small pile of the stuff just behind him, before your mind clicks into place a possibility and you avert your gaze for the Kabutops to attend to hygienic business, as it were. Staring back at the reservoir, you see a small boat a few hundred yards out, a few figures onboard carrying a bag of some sorts near one edge, before the bag seems to visibly wiggle just as they shove it overboard and make off as though nothing happened! As you watch in alarm, your Kabutops pokes you with his scythe, and as you look at the hole he dug expecting to see his own poop, you are further alarmed to see a human skull staring back at you, the bone too clean for natural decay to have happened.

Everything clicks into place almost immediately: Whoever was on that boat must be dumping human corpses into the water, and as you remember seeing the bag kick, your heart sinks. Whoever was in the bag mustn't have a lot of air left in there, and it would only be minutes before they drowned. However, as you are aware, meddling in the affairs of others can be life-threatening. You could either make a rescue and place yourself in potential danger for the umpteenth time, or you could take the morally damning option and head to another part of the reservoir and pretend they were dumping some rubbish instead of a living person.

What will you do?

FB

Ohm Reservoir

Arc: The urge of adventure on the offset of what could have been yet another dull day, you find yourself in sunny Laguna Peninsula following the heart of your Kabutops, though as things went with the evolved shellfish things were less sunny and more of a chillier position as you find yourself in the mountainous westersands, specifically a large lake, or reservoir to be more exact. As you and Wraith reach the edge of the reservoir, you subconsciously wonder what brought you and your pokemon here as the fossil starts swishing his scythe in the waters, as though idly drawing in the silt. Looking out at the waters, you only then realise how picturesque the scene is, despite the less than photographically perfect weather. As a school of Goldeen frolic in one part of the reservoir, a few small boats can be seen moored outside a complex of buildings in the distance, which you mentally note to be the Surge Dam, the reason for this reservoir.

"Ka...Bu..."

Looking towards your shellfish once more, you are a little surprised to see him digging in the silt, a small pile of the stuff just behind him, before your mind clicks into place a possibility and you avert your gaze for the Kabutops to attend to hygienic business, as it were. Staring back at the reservoir, you see a small boat a few hundred yards out, a few figures onboard carrying a bag of some sorts near one edge, before the bag seems to visibly wiggle just as they shove it overboard and make off as though nothing happened! As you watch in alarm, your Kabutops pokes you with his scythe, and as you look at the hole he dug expecting to see his own poop, you are further alarmed to see a human skull staring back at you, the bone too clean for natural decay to have happened.

Everything clicks into place almost immediately: Whoever was on that boat must be dumping human corpses into the water, and as you remember seeing the bag kick, your heart sinks. Whoever was in the bag mustn't have a lot of air left in there, and it would only be minutes before they drowned. However, as you are aware, meddling in the affairs of others can be life-threatening. You could either make a rescue and place yourself in potential danger for the umpteenth time, or you could take the morally damning option and head to another part of the reservoir and pretend they were dumping some rubbish instead of a living person.

What will you do?
    Stacey stood by the waters edge of the Ohm Reservoir looking over its vastness and feeling intruiged even if she was wishing she was at the beach. If she closed her eyes she could imagine that the dirty clouds above had vanished and was replaced with clear blue sky. The water lapping against the manmade containment was now washing up against the sandy shore of the beach, wow her imagination was good. Soon she was brought out of her daydreamingby her Kabutops as she heard him digging away at the silt. What had brought him here? Shaking her head she looked out at the resevoir and saw that it was all that bad, infact it looked almost pretty. A small school of Goldeen splashing playfully caught her attention and she smiled. Her gaze shifted to the boats moared near a set of buildings in the distance, hey must be part of the surge dam complex. She could make the most of this, their must be something interesting to see here.

Hearing Wraith hiss out and continue to dig Stacey turned to face him before her cheeks flushed and she swirlled around. She loved her Pokemon but that she did not want to see. She left him to his business and decided to stare out over the water again and her eyes suddenly are drawn to a small boat about 100 yards away. She tilts her hea to the side contemplating what they were doing, were they fishing? Were they aloud to do that here? What she saw next made her eyes bulge out of her head, one man held out a bag that gave a little wiggle before he dumped it into the water before the boat quickly whisked them away.

"What the Hell?" she whispered not waning to believe what she had just seen. She felt Wraith's sharp scythe poke at her and she almost swore at the sharp pain whirling around anger written on her face when she saw him peering down at the hole he had made in the ground. She looked down forgetting what he had done there and sighed as she saw something completely different. Why did she always find things like this? In the hole was a very clean skull and even though hole only revealed the head it didn't look like it was attached to a body. It was far too clean too, like something had stripped the flesh and muscle from it, someone was severing heads and the flesh from them? She knew asking for a peaceful trip was too much!

Giving one last big sigh she looked back out to where the once wiggling bag had entered the water and was now sinking. Whatever was inside would run out of oxygen very soon she was sure, but should she interfere. Part of her was screaming yes, she couldn't leave whoever or whatever it was to die but she was sad to say that part was smaller than the part of her that toler her to walk away and not get into any more situations like this. Biting lip realising that time was against her she swore under her breath and moved to the waters edge. As much as she didn't want to be a hero anymore she didn't want to lose the small part of her that was that, that was good and believed that the world could be fixed if everyone tried and was good. Hope she supposed it was. Turning to Wraith she pointed out to the water and with a determined voice she gave him an order.

"Someone or something has been dropped in the water to die by the cowards fleeing in a small boat. In the water now Wraith, lets go and get it." She stuck to simplicity and he appeared to understand death and fetch, he gave her a short look before leaping in feeling the refreshing water wash over his scales. Stacey dumped her bag at the side and threw her light leather jacket on the floor before jumping in herself holding onto Wraiths back. Before they moved out she had a quick thought and opened up a Dive Ball before releasing the occupant. The little Tentacool emerged into the water and looked around before spotting his new trainer and the scary looking Kabutops she was clinging to.

"Sorry Oblivion, no time to explain. I need you to follow us quickly and protect us from any harm" she said seeing him look almost bewildered at having to protect a more powerful Pokemon but nodded silently.

"Go Wraith now!" Stacey ordered holding onto the Kabutops as he began to swiftly swim away. She didn't feel safe doing this, those men could be watching the lake for any movement but even though Oblivion was young she knew he was strong and would fight off anything that dared to come near them. She was thankful that she knew basic life support and only hoped they got there in time.

~Stace and Imp. A Perfect Pair~
    FB : PC : DT

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456