Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 166

Thread: Another One Gabites The Dust! (582)

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bournemouth, England
    Posts
    15,904

    Default Another One Gabites The Dust! (582)

    Pokémon Contest! Akebi Convention!

    It's time for the Akebi Pokémon Contest and Dawn is eager to earn her fourth ribbon. While there, Dawn meets another co-ordinator who appears to be very cocky. Ending up in battle against her in the contest, Dawn faces one of her toughest battles yet against the co-ordinator's Gabite. Can Dawn win?

    Visit The Episode Guide

    Discuss

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    It appears Mamoswine is getting interested in contests. Chances are Mamoswine will show this, Dawn will use it in the next contest. Lose because Mamoswine chose to do what it wants, and then by the 5th ribbon contest for Dawn, Mamoswine reluctantly obeys.

    Jessie's appeal was better than anyone else's. I don't know what that green glowing jet streak was that Yanmega did, but if you got a ribbon for appeals, Jessie would get it.

    Well Dawn now has 4 ribbons, one more ribbon until she can enter the grand festival.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Moonlight Of The Dark Abyss
    Posts
    363

    Default

    To bad there wasn't more pics from what I saw and everything I'd like to see Urara. Again down the road like once the Grand Festival comes into the picture.

    Credit goes to Eroiduelist for the bannar

    "Her fate is foretold by the whispers of the trees." - Forest Of Fate

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Evergrand City
    Posts
    4,625

    Default

    was jessie really in this episode competing???
    and there was no tangrowth right (hopefully)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    w/ the fella over there
    Posts
    2,990

    Default

    I believe there was no Tangrowth.

    Looks like a great episode and I'll watch it tonight. By the sound of it, Jessie's appeal was awesome. I'm really glad Dawn won and now she only needs one more ribbon! I bet there will be a contest in which Mamoswine disobeys her, as it's now interested. Then lastly, however cliched it is, it'll be the last contest before the GF and Dawn's last chance. Mamoswine rampages in the final, against the COtD, and Dawn pleads to Mamoswine. It then realizes that Dawn truly does love it and obeys her.

    Aww....
    this hope is treacherous, this daydream is dangerous.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Evergrand City
    Posts
    4,625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtwigFan1 View Post
    I believe there was no Tangrowth.

    Looks like a great episode and I'll watch it tonight. By the sound of it, Jessie's appeal was awesome. I'm really glad Dawn won and now she only needs one more ribbon! I bet there will be a contest in which Mamoswine disobeys her, as it's now interested. Then lastly, however cliched it is, it'll be the last contest before the GF and Dawn's last chance. Mamoswine rampages in the final, against the COtD, and Dawn pleads to Mamoswine. It then realizes that Dawn truly does love it and obeys her.

    Aww....
    was jessie in the same contest or another one?

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kemal07 View Post
    was jessie in the same contest or another one?
    She was in the same contest that Dawn was in the episode.



  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,976

    Default

    You know, I'm in a good ol' swearing mood today. I haven't had a real good swear-fest since watching the Grammys on Sunday (I have so many great profane Robert Plant jokes now). But since there may be kids reading this, I'm going to attempt to use as many "swear substitutes" as I possibly can in this review.

    Dawn using Pachirisu? That fudging thing still exists? Hot dang! Of course, Mamoswine is stalling idly by and then rams Dawn like the fat piece of shittake mushrooms he is. Suddenly, a Gabite stops Pachi's path cold because he's just a donkeyhole like that, making Pachi mad as heck. Of course, Gabite's trainer is a snobby rich word-that-rhymes-with-rich. And son of Ulala, did they just semi-retcon the Wallace Cup by having Ulala be one of the unseen rivals? Those writers are some crafty little bass fishers.

    Lotsa Natsume goodness, unlike a few other AD's who are great wads of Kinoshita. The contest hall looks like a giant solar panel, meaning the contest staff consists of a bunch of Zeus darn hippies. I'm looking at you Mr. Sukizo. Don't "Suki desu ne" me, you little jack behind. OOH! ICE APPEAL! TRUCK YEAH! I mean, it's totally like I haven't seen one of those before. Seriously, I wanna know if the contest staff just waits for these farking things to melt before the next appeal or just turns up the thermostat really high.

    Duskull appears for three seconds in an episode - a new record high! Ulala now has Wormadam create a giant sand condom, but for the sake of you kids, let's just call it a giant sand pacifier. What's that? Is...that...BATTLE FRONTIER!? This episode officially kicks arse. So now it comes down to a little woodland rodent against a weird dragon-shark hybird that was thought up upon a good few weeks of the white stuff. Again, for you kids, let's just call it vanilla ice cream.

    (By the way, this girl is obviously going to be named "Ursala" in the dub. Not just because it sounds like "Ulala", but because she's a sea witch.)

    Good battle, and the best part is that - against all odds - Ulala remained a female dog face at the end of the episode instead of realizing she was a jerk, completely scowling at Dawn. This may not be the last we see of her (though while she has more personality than all of Dawn's other rivals combined, there's just way too many). They also gave Mamoswine signs of an eventual turn to respect, with it suddenly becoming attentive when Pachirisu turned the tables.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    w/ the fella over there
    Posts
    2,990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    You know, I'm in a good ol' swearing mood today. I haven't had a real good swear-fest since watching the Grammys on Sunday (I have so many great profane Robert Plant jokes now). But since there may be kids reading this, I'm going to attempt to use as many "swear substitutes" as I possibly can in this review.

    Dawn using Pachirisu? That fudging thing still exists? Hot dang! Of course, Mamoswine is stalling idly by and then rams Dawn like the fat piece of shittake mushrooms he is. Suddenly, a Gabite stops Pachi's path cold because he's just a donkeyhole like that, making Pachi mad as heck. Of course, Gabite's trainer is a snobby rich word-that-rhymes-with-rich. And son of Ulala, did they just semi-retcon the Wallace Cup by having Ulala be one of the unseen rivals? Those writers are some crafty little bass fishers.

    Lotsa Natsume goodness, unlike a few other AD's who are great wads of Kinoshita. The contest hall looks like a giant solar panel, meaning the contest staff consists of a bunch of Zeus darn hippies. I'm looking at you Mr. Sukizo. Don't "Suki desu ne" me, you little jack behind. OOH! ICE APPEAL! TRUCK YEAH! I mean, it's totally like I haven't seen one of those before. Seriously, I wanna know if the contest staff just waits for these farking things to melt before the next appeal or just turns up the thermostat really high.

    Duskull appears for three seconds in an episode - a new record high! Ulala now has Wormadam create a giant sand condom, but for the sake of you kids, let's just call it a giant sand pacifier. What's that? Is...that...BATTLE FRONTIER!? This episode officially kicks arse. So now it comes down to a little woodland rodent against a weird dragon-shark hybird that was thought up upon a good few weeks of the white stuff. Again, for you kids, let's just call it vanilla ice cream.

    (By the way, this girl is obviously going to be named "Ursala" in the dub. Not just because it sounds like "Ulala", but because she's a sea witch.)

    Good battle, and the best part is that - against all odds - Ulala remained a female dog face at the end of the episode instead of realizing she was a jerk, completely scowling at Dawn. This may not be the last we see of her (though while she has more personality than all of Dawn's other rivals combined, there's just way too many). They also gave Mamoswine signs of an eventual turn to respect, with it suddenly becoming attentive when Pachirisu turned the tables.
    You always have the right things to say!

    Ulala probably will be renamed Ursula, it definitely suits her personality.

    By the way, don't link me, but does anyone know a website where I can see this fabulous episode?
    this hope is treacherous, this daydream is dangerous.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

  10. #10

    Default

    OMG Jessie was close beating her.Shes going to GF For sure
    *Snowpoint Gym Contest*
    *Volker gym contest*
    and a final one or she win the one with mamoswine not listening
    Pokemon Magic
    Always NearBY

    Latios<>Latias

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,264

    Default

    Heh the Magcargo in this episode made me think of Cartman getting an anal probe and farting fire.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtwigFan1 View Post
    You always have the right things to say!

    Ulala probably will be renamed Ursula, it definitely suits her personality.

    By the way, don't link me, but does anyone know a website where I can see this fabulous episode?
    With the Ursula name, it'd be kinda funny if they called her "that little witch!" at some point.

    Do you want episode pictures? Filb.de works.
    Xatu's FireRed Pokedex states: "In South America, it is said that its right eye sees the future and its left eye views the past." This is the Pokemon world. South America doesn't exist!

    I'm here too. . .DeviantArt Account

    Read my fanfic! The Trial
    Contestshipping, R rated

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Evergrand City
    Posts
    4,625

    Default

    yeh ursula is a good english version name for her. i liked mamoswines reactions, how i hope that jessie gets her next badge. i know its out of topic but does jessie have 2 or 3 badges at the moment??

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kemal07 View Post
    yeh ursula is a good english version name for her. i liked mamoswines reactions, how i hope that jessie gets her next badge. i know its out of topic but does jessie have 2 or 3 badges at the moment??
    They're ribbons, and she has 2 so far.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    No.
    Posts
    2,284

    Default

    Awesome episode.

    Stock footage ICE BEAMU!!!!

    Yanmega's appeal...awesome. I love how they finally incorporated Speed Boost into the episode.

    The battle was, IMO Dawn's best battle in the show so far, hands down. She had some pretty ingenious strategies going on there, such as the fabled spinning dodge (funnily enough, the first time she uses it since the Wallace Cup, and it fails miserably), and using Pachi's tail + Discharge to deflect attacks.

    Pachi uses Spin Dash! Everything's better with spinning!

    The animation looked very Iwane-ish during the whole battle, which is obviously a good thing. I <3 Natsume.

    Urara was a snobby little Jerkass up until the end, which was just great...I really do hope she shows up a little more.

    BATTLE FRONTIIIIIIIIERR!!!!!!! Whose awesomeness is then cancelled out by Symphonic Pokemon Medley. Damn, damn, damn! :P


    EDIT: Anyone else notice that Dawn never wins by KO?

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Bronx, NY
    Posts
    1,137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Electivirus View Post
    Awesome episode.

    Stock footage ICE BEAMU!!!!

    Yanmega's appeal...awesome. I love how they finally incorporated Speed Boost into the episode.

    The battle was, IMO Dawn's best battle in the show so far, hands down. She had some pretty ingenious strategies going on there, such as the fabled spinning dodge (funnily enough, the first time she uses it since the Wallace Cup, and it fails miserably), and using Pachi's tail + Discharge to deflect attacks.

    Pachi uses Spin Dash! Everything's better with spinning!

    The animation looked very Iwane-ish during the whole battle, which is obviously a good thing. I <3 Natsume.

    Urara was a snobby little Jerkass up until the end, which was just great...I really do hope she shows up a little more.

    BATTLE FRONTIIIIIIIIERR!!!!!!! Whose awesomeness is then cancelled out by Symphonic Pokemon Medley. Damn, damn, damn! :P


    EDIT: Anyone else notice that Dawn never wins by KO?
    Yeah, I've noticed that. May won by KO a lot which is what I think seperates them. May won mostly through brute force, while Dawn uses her pokemon's grace and beauty to command the scoring board. I love both and Misty but back on topic this episode ruled. You'd think buneary would have the same appeal but it was so different and awesome. Urara is an interesting character. Jessie did great too. And seeing Mamo getting a bit interested in Dawn and contests was nice. Can't wait till the next one!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Evergrand City
    Posts
    4,625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    They're ribbons, and she has 2 so far.
    of course im so sorry lol i was getting interupted while typing that

    and this is the second time heard the word BATTLE FRONTIER. how comes? was a battle frontier mentioned in the episode?

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J-boogie200 View Post
    Yeah, I've noticed that. May won by KO a lot which is what I think seperates them. May won mostly through brute force, while Dawn uses her pokemon's grace and beauty to command the scoring board. I love both and Misty but back on topic this episode ruled. You'd think buneary would have the same appeal but it was so different and awesome. Urara is an interesting character. Jessie did great too. And seeing Mamo getting a bit interested in Dawn and contests was nice. Can't wait till the next one!
    Wonder how Dawn will use Mamoswine in a contest battle once it's obedient? Unlike most of her pokémon it's A LOT more brutal.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    No.
    Posts
    2,284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kemal07 View Post
    of course im so sorry lol i was getting interupted while typing that

    and this is the second time heard the word BATTLE FRONTIER. how comes? was a battle frontier mentioned in the episode?
    I was referring to the song Battle Frontier...you know, the opening for the Battle Frontier?

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Between Noland and Adan <3
    Posts
    4,346

    Default

    They're referring to background music. I haven't seen the episode yet, but I'm betting it played at a crucial point of the Pachirisu/Gabite fight.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

    ???

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Evergrand City
    Posts
    4,625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Electivirus View Post
    I was referring to the song Battle Frontier...you know, the opening for the Battle Frontier?
    oh kool thankyou. through some pictures ive seen yanmega's performance. it looks so cool but i couldnt work out what moves it used.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    No.
    Posts
    2,284

    Default

    Sonicboom, Silver Wind, and it's ability (Speed Boost).

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    They're referring to background music. I haven't seen the episode yet, but I'm betting it played at a crucial point of the Pachirisu/Gabite fight.
    Nope. It played during the inevitable contest semifinal montage. For the final battle, we got...Pokemon Symphonic freakin' Medley. -__-

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    30,561

    Default

    Y'know now each of Dawn's Pokemon has a major win except for Mamoswine so far.

    -Piplup beat Kenny, then Kyle and May.
    - Buneary battled against Zoey and lost, but beat Walimer in the Wallace cup.
    - Pachirisu beat Gabite
    - Ambipom was used as an Aipom by Ash against Zoey, and then it beat Delcatty.


    I guess Dawn overusing Piplup isn't so bad anymore, given that each of her other Pokemon now have a major win except for Mamoswine, which is likely being saved for something.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Evergrand City
    Posts
    4,625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Y'know now each of Dawn's Pokemon has a major win except for Mamoswine so far.

    -Piplup beat Kenny, then Kyle and May.
    - Buneary battled against Zoey and lost, but beat Walimer in the Wallace cup.
    - Pachirisu beat Gabite
    - Ambipom was used as an Aipom by Ash against Zoey, and then it beat Delcatty.


    I guess Dawn overusing Piplup isn't so bad anymore, given that each of her other Pokemon now have a major win except for Mamoswine, which is likely being saved for something.
    yeh i just hope mamo gets used in a contest before the grand festival

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    In the Canalava Mines
    Posts
    3,575

    Default

    If Mamoswine will be used for Dawn's final contest, I wonder who it'll go against in that exact one.
    If Dawn loses the next contest, she'll probably win the next one for sure. If that's gonna be a SunyShore Contest, Jasmine might go against her, then Dawn will be her. Since Mamoswine has an advantage to Magnemite     Spoiler:- ...:
    or Steelix.
    Last edited by the1stpkmnfan; 13th February 2009 at 12:22 AM.

    ~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •