Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Another One Gabites The Dust! (582)

Quote Originally Posted by the1stpkmnfan View Post
    If that's gonna be a SunyShore Contest, Jasmine might go against her, then Dawn will be her. Since Mamoswine has an advantage to Magnemite [spoiler](or Magnezone)[/spoiler] or Steelix.
    If she reappears in the anime...

Which I hope she does; there's no reason for her not to comeback for a couple of episodes. Including a contest, gym battle, and a filler episode.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Pachirisu seems to use a few different attacks in this episode which it actually is not. Like-
    http://img18.picoodle.com/img/img18/...6m_a563684.jpg
    Looks like Iron-tail, but is actually using discharge, I guess.

http://img37.picoodle.com/img/img37/...0m_13a543e.jpg
    Looks like protect, but is not.

Lastly, http://img18.picoodle.com/img/img18/...1m_c82b38d.jpg -what seems to be gyro-ball is actually a rotating super-fang!

Yanmega and jessie were awesome...she didn't abuse the typical "look at me i'm flying arround" and made a great use of the moves...the green glow was Speed Boost activating,as Yanmega started to fly faster.
    By a landscape,best appeal of the round imo
    Wormadam's appeal was lame,Buneary's overused ice appeal was much better
    Mamoswine surprised by the contest battle rings a bell...
    The BF opening played right after they announced the ppl who passed the appeal round in fact,jolteonjak

I'm not too fond of the battle in this ep, Gabite was winning the majority of the match and doing major damage yet its points kept decreasing off-screen. I also don't see how that one Superfang (in which Gabite blocked) managed to take away that last huge chunk of points.

The animation in the battle was really good, I just don't really like the last second-victory at the end. Reminded me too much of Eevee Vs. Marshtompt. :/

Well, unlike May and Eevee, it wasn't like Pachirisu was newly-hatched and just learned a cheap move at the beginning of the episode. I'm sure Pachirisu repeatedly zapping the shards and cutting through the flame attack docked Ulala's points a fair bit. It certainly wasn't my favorite DP contest battle (Buneary vs. Glameow, Ambipom vs. Delcatty, and heck, even Piplup vs. Glaceon were all superior), but nothing in the battle was so slanted that I can't call it legit. And point inconsistencies have been happening ever since Day 1 of contests in the anime, so while slightly irking, they are to be expected.

(Fun fact: I'm semi-drunk typing this. Cherish the moment; it doesn't happen often.)
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

I think Buneary still deserves a major win, it could get that in the Grand Festival since I'm hoping Mamoswine wins Dawn her 5th ribbon.

Actually, all 5 of her pokemon will probably get a win in the Grand Festival. They'll show at least 5 battles right?

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

Quote Originally Posted by thunderblade12 View Post
    I think Buneary still deserves a major win, it could get that in the Grand Festival since I'm hoping Mamoswine wins Dawn her 5th ribbon.

Actually, all 5 of her pokemon will probably get a win in the Grand Festival. They'll show at least 5 battles right?

I'd actually say Buneary has done a lot for Dawn. Its big win may have already come, lets not forget that it won the whole Pokemon fashion contest for Dawn, a strong achievement even though it was not a ribbon. Also, it has appealed in both of the last 2 contests, both of which were wins, and both of which were excellent appeals.
    Additionally, it battled Zoey's Glameow hard in Dawn's first contest, battled in Dawn's gym battle against Maylene, and Battled Wailmer in the Wallace Cup and won.

Looking forward to seeing the episode tomorow, as I love Pachirisu and am just so proud.

P.S. Because I looked at Dawns History of Contests- here it is    Spoiler:- Dawn's Competitive History:

Last edited by Ivysaur92; 13th February 2009 at 8:55 AM.

Thanks to Shebang for the sweet TC

[IMG]http://i16.*******.com/2q2235y.png[/IMG]
    Dont Mess With Ice Beaming Quilava.
    Thanks to Futuramagirl!

can anyone tell me the naame of the attack that Gabite used against Pachirisu- it looked like a bunch of rock pieces being flung at the electric squirrel.

Quote Originally Posted by DEMONCAMERUPT View Post
    can anyone tell me the naame of the attack that Gabite used against Pachirisu- it looked like a bunch of rock pieces being flung at the electric squirrel.
    Seemed like Stone Edge to me.

How about Pachirisu's glowing tail attack?
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/ztynn7.png[/IMG]
    That's why Rock Slide is better than Stone Edge.

This episode was fantastic. Everything was perfection, probably my favorite Sinnoh contest. Buneary was incredible on her performance but the one that stole the episode was Jessie. Her appeal was amazing and I loved at the end how she asked something to Megayanma in a suggestive tone and Megayanma responded like it was a man or something. It was so entertaining.

Mamoswine is awesome and I’m glad its getting interest in contests.
    LOL @ Carnivine strangling Hippo.

Now Urara is truly the most interesting coordinator so far. She NEEDS to come back to the Grand Festival. She gives Dawn what Kenny, Zoey ( who’s been gone for quite a while) and Nando doesn’t give her, an interesting rival to make her story more entertaining. And her Gabite is B.A. It’s kinda creepy though how it looked at Pachirisu.

The battle was amazing. You really have to give props to Dawn for the way she handled Pachi and props to Pachi for defeating such a strong opponent.

I love Mamoswine’s eyes.

Yea, its funny how the whole time one of Mamo's eye was opening for so long, but glad it is getting to learn something from the contest..

Jessie also make an improvement with her yanmega.
    That Urara girl will probaly come back with a Garchomp next time, LOL, Anyway this is good episode

good battle, Gabite was strong, Dawn was lucky this contest. but still the last contest was the best so far.
    it seems Mamoswine does not care about contest, I want to know what Ash was saying to him!

Meh Stone Edge still looks weaker than expected.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by BirdStaraptor View Post
    good battle, Gabite was strong, Dawn was lucky this contest. but still the last contest was the best so far.
    it seems Mamoswine does not care about contest, I want to know what Ash was saying to him!
    You're kidding right? Did you not see Mamoswines eyes when Pachirisu was whooping butt? They were nearly popping out. He'll definitely be in the next Contest battle round.
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

Quote Originally Posted by the1stpkmnfan View Post
    If Mamoswine will be used for Dawn's final contest, I wonder who it'll go against in that exact one.
    If Dawn loses the next contest, she'll probably win the next one for sure. If that's gonna be a SunyShore Contest, Jasmine might go against her, then Dawn will be her. Since Mamoswine has an advantage to Magnemite     Spoiler:- ...:
    or Steelix.
    thats a great idea actually giving her that pokemon as it hasnt been introduced in the anime yet. i also believe jasmine will be back... maybe giving an invitation to Ash to go back to the battle frontier in johto maybe you never know o) .
    Jessie was just amazing im so happy with her she lost by just a few points.
    and its about time Mamo quits his stupid attitude and needs to remember the happy times when it was a swinub

To be honest, I thought this contest was very mediocre. Jessie's appeal didn't even do much for me. ******-off Pachi was very funny too.

It's almost as bad as most of Skitty's wins back in Hoenn (Dusclops/Houndoom/Jynx anyone?). I guess the believable part of this is that Dawn didn't waste any time trying to use an Electric attack on Gabite.

Was this the same AD who did the Croagunk festival episode? OMG, I'm starting to know what I'm talking about with AD's. haha

I do have to agree with the funniest part being Carnivine strangling Hippopotas! I literally LOL'd, and I'm at work.
    Last edited by jolteonjak; 13th February 2009 at 8:02 PM.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    To be honest, I thought this contest was very mediocre. Jessie's appeal didn't even do much for me. ******-off Pachi was very funny too.
    Jessie's appeals are almost always like that where she lifts herself in the air. Its just her style, its not going to change.

It's almost as bad as most of Skitty's wins back in Hoenn (Dusclops/Houndoom/Jynx anyone?). I guess the believable part of this is that Dawn didn't waste any time trying to use an Electric attack on Gabite.
    What was wrong with Skitty Vs. Jynx? Skitty did not take much damage in that match and won by using Assist several times to get Fire spin. I understand the poor Dusclops one, but the Jynx one was perfectly fine.

My problem with this contest is kind of like the Eevee/Marshompt one, Gabite mysteriously lost a ton of points off screen despite Pachi taking tons of damage for most of the match like Eevee did.

Its a shame because the animation during the battle was quite great, even though I don't like the rushed conclusion.

Skitty vs Jynx was in the Hoeen Grand Festival right?

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

No, it was the last regular Hoenn contest for the 5th ribbon. I don't see why people have a problem with Assist, its not a random move like Metronome, it uses one of the attacks of another Poke from your team.

In this Sinnoh contest, there was some massive off-screen point deduction. Gabite even blocked the last Super Fang attack that apparently gave Dawn the win.

Quote Originally Posted by kemal07 View Post
    i also believe jasmine will be back... maybe giving an invitation to Ash to go back to the battle frontier in johto maybe you never know o) .
    Jessie was just amazing im so happy with her she lost by just a few points.
    and its about time Mamo quits his stupid attitude and needs to remember the happy times when it was a swinub
    I was kind of hoping that he meets Jimmy and have a battle. Like him against Agitha. But that's a good idea, too.

Plus, we dont know yet whether Swinubs a boy or girl. But I dont want to get into that.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Ah, contests. There's never much to say about these, it seems. Then again, they're focused on (supposed) prettiness instead of plot for a reason. I guess.

-How convenient that Dawn is remembering that her other Pokemon exist right as she's coming up on her last few contests
    -Dawn getting tossed into the air by Mamoswine so that the pig can get some grub may be recycled animation, but it's still funny!
    -You'd think Dawn would have a contingency plan to deal with the poffin-devouring Pokemon she's had for the last few weeks.
    -Oh hey, Pachirisu's showing a spark of personality! ...I refuse to apologize for that pun.
    -Pachirisu turned down the girl's poffin. That spells danger! ...not that I'm hoping for Dawn to finally get an actually antagonistic rival or anything.
    -Yada yada ice appeal yada OH NO DAWN FROZE SUKI DESU NE oh wait no she didn't. Seriously, I know these are obviously a convenient way for the animators to be lazy with Dawn's appeals(oh, kids will understand that ice is pretty because it's sparkly and stuff so THAT'S WHY SHE WINS), but some variety would be nice. Maybe fire appeals. Dawn could have something use Flamethrower to burn pretty shapes into the floor, and then she could have to find a way to pay off the huge bill she gets for the damages.
    -Gabite is surprisingly quite for a large land shark dragon. I guess its point of view is to speak softly while being a big stick.
    -Battle Frontier background song! As in, the song Battle Frontier! Awesome! Clearly more insert songs need to be my favorite songs instead of songs that aren't my favorites.
    -Ulala apparently believes in utterly destroying her opponents. A pretty solid strategy if you ignore that fact that contest battles are still about looking good.
    -Mamoswine seems to be interested in the battle half of contests...
    -Pokemon Symphonic Medley! Argh! ...well, we actually haven't had this one in a while, so I'll let it slide.
    -Few things are more adorable than a spoiled girl and her shark dragon comforting each other after a loss. Sadly, those darned sea thalidomide babies are just too cute.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

yeah i love this episode and contest pachi was awesome and buneary's appeal was awesome but also awesome on jessie wow she's really improving her yanmega awesome and question what attack did gabite used when pachirisu counters it with discharge?the fire thingy with a tail LOL?

In the contest before, if I remember correctly. Same episode as the one with Joshua & Houndoom...

Ah yes, this episode was OK. Ice appeal, again? :/ Nevermind 'bout that. At least Pachirisu gets some redemption after being in the corner of a cupboard starting to grow mould. Mamoswine seems to start being interested in the battle round, which is a good sign. I'd rather have her lose the next contest than the GF.

BACK

Urara has to be one of the ugliest female coordinators that appeared.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast