Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Another One Gabites The Dust! (582)

Ursula is great. I missed this episode back then, now i understand why everyone wanted her back : D i really want to see more of her soon.... (not spoilers allowed here, shhh! lol)

I liked how everything build up from something as insignificant like a poffin.
    Kotone Lyra is awesome kotto ne?!

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    In the world of Pokemon Contest, that counts as a defeat. Pachirirsu out scored it so, yeah it defeated a Gabite in a contest battle. It doesn't have to KO it to win a contest battle.
    Pachirisu's appearance was great, but It didn't defeat Gabite in a battle, it defeated him in a contest battle like you said, but it's not a regular battle. Also I liked Pachirisu's Hyper Fang. it used this move perfectly, and Dawn's strategy was awesome.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    Contests battles are like regular battles...

The only difference is the time limit. How does that null Pachirisu's victory?
    Simple. The squirrel didn't KO the land shark.

Thumbs up

I was so happy when Gabite lost.
    Logistical derp fascination.

I like that we got to see Gabite in the anime(excluding PMD2 special).Rivals are nice too see.I can see why the put Ursala back in DP161 and 162.It was another one of those weak type move ko`s a stronger type.

10/10

Smashin' !

Quote Originally Posted by LucarioWolf View Post
    I like that we got to see Gabite in the anime(excluding PMD2 special).Rivals are nice too see.I can see why the put Ursala back in DP161 and 162.It was another one of those weak type move ko`s a stronger type.

10/10
    Everyone always enjoys an underdog story!
    Pachi was definitely the underground. I wasn't sure if she was going to make it or not. I was happy to see Pachi get the spotlight.

I liked Ursala and wished she had appeared a lot sooner. Overall good episode.

Why did the Pokemon Battle Frontier theme music play during this episode, that was a really random thing there especially considering Dawn didn't even exist back then ... (the theme music played during the stills of the matches to get to the finals!)

Most Recent Chapter - Chapter 31: Don't Forget Me - Posted 26/01/13
    Credits to Sweet May and DanChimchar

I will pursue You, I will pursue Your presence

In one word: Disappointing. I think that again, Dawn's rival in the contest are much better, but again they make her win without actually doing nothing. In the start Gabite hit Pachirisu a lot, but when Ursula begun to act stupidly she lost points. Instead of using ariel ace and crish pachirisu without problem. she attacked him with stone edge, which was obvious that pachirisu will crush thos stones.

And did you notice that Pachirisu did not hit Gabite even 1 time?

Yikes! Angry Pachirisu is sccaaaaryyyyy!

This episode officially makes Gabite one of my newest favorite Pokemon!
    Seriously! That Pokemon is that cool!

Also, when Ursala said "You'll get no compliments from me!" (was that what she said?) it reminded me of Ike from SSBB saying "you'll get no sympathy from me!"
    Alpha Sapphire planned team (so far)

Claimed by me!

Mega Wishlist:

Ursula is mean but not as mean as Harley

Quote Originally Posted by -Salamence- View Post
    In one word: Disappointing. I think that again, Dawn's rival in the contest are much better, but again they make her win without actually doing nothing. In the start Gabite hit Pachirisu a lot, but when Ursula begun to act stupidly she lost points. Instead of using ariel ace and crish pachirisu without problem. she attacked him with stone edge, which was obvious that pachirisu will crush thos stones.

And did you notice that Pachirisu did not hit Gabite even 1 time?
    How was anyone was supposed to know Pachirisu would avoid an attack like that? It sounds like the perfect attack to use against an electric type. That attack always kills me in the game.

My ideal battle ever!

This episode was good. It was cool to see a Gabite for the 1st time. It was great to see Pachirisu learn Super Fang. Ursula is 1 annoying and mean trainer in this episode. She really cannot stand Dawn. Dawn's Pokemon appeal was really cool. It was interesting to see Mamoswine paying attention and becoming slowly interested in contests. It was funny to see how mad Pachirisu was and its face when Gabite was being a jerk. It was cool to see Yanmega's Speed Boost ability shown off in the Appeal round. It was cool that Dawn won her 4th ribbon, and not Ursula.

91/100

I watched this episode 10 times and still can't get over how great this way. I love Ursula's voice and I have to admit that Ursula did a wonderful job smacking Pachirisu around. This is the best battle in a contest I ever seen so far. It's atleast believable unlike some of May's victories.

Alder: You wanna know what's better than battling?
    Ash: What?
    Alder: Eating hotdogs and battling!
    Trip: My God, It's like looking into the future.

Ursula is super cute. Too bad she's a bitter, angry, terrible person.

I found the final battle a little unbelievable - why, for example, did Spark and Dragon Rage exploding cause loss only on Ursula's side? I also would have liked to see the full Carnivine vs. Gabite battle. Too bad this was only one episode.
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

This was a great episode. IMO Dawn's best rival Ursual appears. I really liked the remix of the Battle Frontier theme song. I think it was better than the original. =)
    YOU EITHER DIE A HERO OR YOU LIVE LONG ENOUGH TO SEE YOURSELF BECOME THE VILLAIN ~THE DARK KNIGHT

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567